Muse Messageboard

Muse Messageboard (http://board.muse.mu/index.php)
-   Muse.mu Support (http://board.muse.mu/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   muse.mu help and support **PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST** (http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=63085)

kev 14-07-2009 10:54 PM

muse.mu help and support **PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST**
 
Please post any problems you might be having with the main site. We'll try our best to help out but we are obviously limited in what we can do.

There's now a contact us page on muse.mu with a number of support emails that might be a better port of call: http://muse.mu/terms/contact.htm

Marmotty 16-07-2009 08:13 PM

Problems registering to the main site
 
Every time I click on "Register" at the top right corner of the page, a blank page with no options pops up and I am unable to register. Could you please help? Thank you very much.

Popey 17-07-2009 01:37 AM

When reporting problems the more information you could give us the better we'll be able to help.

If you could tell us what Operating System you're running (e.g. Windows XP), what browser you're using as well as what version of it you're using (e.g. Firefox 3.5) and how you came about the problem, including any URLs and error messages, then that would be very helpful as we may be able to replicate the problem and help you out ourselves. :)

Noel Gallagher 17-07-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popey (Post 6135166)
when reporting problems the more information you could give us the better we'll be able to help.

If you could tell us what operating system you're running (e.g. Windows xp), what browser you're using as well as what version of it you're using (e.g. Firefox 3.5) and how you came about the problem, including any urls and error messages, then that would be very helpful as we may be able to replicate the problem and help you out ourselves. :)

popey for mozambique!

Marmotty 17-07-2009 01:49 PM

I am using Windows XP, my browser is Internet Explorer 8.0 and the URL of the page is
http://muse.mu/register/

There is no error message, only the muse.mu background (the map) and no information to fill in (e.g. user ID, password, e-mail, etc.).

Hope this helps!

JMOC 14-08-2009 02:20 PM

Resistance pre order
 
Hi guys im trying to pre order the deluxe box set of the resistance but every time i try to add it to the basket it doesn't go the other versions will and it shows it there but when i select the basket its not there any ideas?

snowbean 19-08-2009 09:15 AM

I don't have code for presales!!! help I have looked in the right place!!

Olly. 19-08-2009 09:24 AM

Unfortunately you activated your main muse account on 18th August, the same day the announcement of the gig went up which means you werent an active member at the time and therefore wouldn't have received the code.

snowbean 19-08-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olly. (Post 6310380)
Unfortunately you activated your main muse account on 18th August, the same day the announcement of the gig went up which means you werent an active member at the time and therefore wouldn't have received the code.

I was olly- I private messaged you. I joined on 15th July, I thought to both and it asked me to reregister on muse.mu yesterday and now I have 2 passwords for one username but no code. Im confused and gutted. If I did make mistake of only joining message board and not muse.mu (but Im sure I did!) does that make me not worthy of a code? i seems very unfair. Now touts will soak up whats left in Fridays sales and I'll not get to go

Thankyou for your help by the way- not sure if your in charge here or just know whats going on!

Zaphod Chizzlebrox 19-08-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowbean (Post 6310824)
I was olly- I private messaged you. I joined on 15th July, I thought to both and it asked me to reregister on muse.mu yesterday and now I have 2 passwords for one username but no code. Im confused and gutted. If I did make mistake of only joining message board and not muse.mu (but Im sure I did!) does that make me not worthy of a code? i seems very unfair. Now touts will soak up whats left in Fridays sales and I'll not get to go

Thankyou for your help by the way- not sure if your in charge here or just know whats going on!

The pre-sale system was designed to minimise the number of people registering just to get tickets earlier than the general sale and then flogging them on eBay...although this has still happened, rather annoyingly. Unfortunately registering for just the messageboard wasn't enough, as the pre-sale codes were given to people who registered to be part of "The Resistance" duing the treasure hunt stage. It's not nice, but it's done for a reason. Best of luck with getting tickets on Friday!

Dead_starct 20-08-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev (Post 6119536)
Please post any problems you might be having with the main site. We'll try our best to help out but we are obviously limited in what we can do.

There's now a contact us page on muse.mu with a number of support emails that might be a better port of call: http://muse.mu/contact-us/

Hi! i have a problem to buy the resistance deluxe box . when i click on pre-order my bastek is empty. why? thank you

triciavenice 21-08-2009 06:19 PM

updating profile pic
 
I upload my pic and save. But when I go to View my member page, it just shows the MUSE logo?

Also no picture to the left here.

Sky 23-08-2009 08:27 AM

I know there is already a threat about this but i wanted to post this in a highlighted thread as well...
OpenDNS is blocking Muse.mu...
is there a way around it besides searching for specific threads on google to get to the Muse message board?
Apparently i can't even get to the main page at all..

graciegirl 20-09-2009 01:45 PM

I was originally registered on the site under user name graciemg; I'm still there if I search for the name but I think I had problems logging in with that user name and after my e-mails were hacked I re-registered under graciegirl.

Is there anyway I can transfer my present board membership to my original account without losing all my current info?

I've requested a password reset for it today as I would rather use the older account (just for the pure reason to show that I'm not a newbie :))

THanks

Mom4Muse 21-09-2009 03:42 AM

How long to compose and post before timed out?
 
Hi,
How long do I have to compose and post a message before I am timed out?

(I just lost my entire message because the site auto logged me off before I could post it.)
I for sure will copy and paste it somewhere else first next time.
thank you.

=vale= 01-12-2009 05:39 PM

hi!i've bought 2 concert tikets for the date of 10 september 2010, but i've bought them from italy so the address that i gave for the dispacht is an italian address..is this a problem?

Zaphod Chizzlebrox 01-12-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =vale= (Post 6873016)
hi!i've bought 2 concert tikets for the date of 10 september 2010, but i've bought them from italy so the address that i gave for the dispacht is an italian address..is this a problem?

You should probably ask the company you bought them from rather than here.

Uprising Bliss 06-12-2009 04:00 PM

Shop Help.... Again.
 
I tried to download New Born and Sing For Absolution videos and then it gave me the Big Day Off video. Help?

Spittle 06-12-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uprising Bliss (Post 6903730)
I tried to download New Born and Sing For Absolution videos and then it gave me the Big Day Off video. Help?

shopsupport@muse.mu - contact them, the mods can't save you now.

Uprising Bliss 06-12-2009 04:09 PM

I already did, no answer.

Spittle 06-12-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uprising Bliss (Post 6903766)
I already did, no answer.

When did you do it? I wouldn't expect a response until Monday, at least.

Uprising Bliss 06-12-2009 04:12 PM

Okay. I wonder what they'll do...

Zaphod Chizzlebrox 06-12-2009 04:17 PM

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=66976

You should probably read this. It's stickied at the top of the support forum, so in plain sight.

Uprising Bliss 06-12-2009 04:19 PM

Woops, I'm sorry. I should've read the sticky. I'm sorry.

Olly. 06-12-2009 04:21 PM

The earliest you'll get a response is Monday.

petronia 10-12-2009 07:12 AM

Hi. In a fit of idiocy, I've placed a thread I started in the wrong section. Could anyone please move it from "Banter" to "Other Muse Topics", with my promise that I'll keep my eyes open next time? It's called "5 Muse songs in 20 words each". Or delete it? Whatever the procedure is for lost sheep-threads. Thank you all.

Olly. 10-12-2009 09:11 AM

Done.

petronia 10-12-2009 09:13 AM

Thank you so much again. And have a nice... week before the week before Christmas or whatever. :) I am definately never starting a thread when exhausted again.

chanlp94 01-01-2010 09:06 PM

help?
 
Okay, tried registering to muse.mu but I never got a verification email so whenever I try to sign in it says that the account has not been activated. Iíve tried joining twice with two different email addresses and the same thing has happened on both. Any help?

Me Rug I Sty 30-01-2010 03:32 AM

Where is the Hullabaloo DVD in the store?

Talking Head 18-02-2010 03:25 AM

How can I remove the home page under my "contact me" section? Home page is dead and no longer exists.

Olly. 18-02-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking Head (Post 7373116)
How can I remove the home page under my "contact me" section? Home page is dead and no longer exists.

http://board.muse.mu/profile.php?do=editprofile Visit this page and there will be an option to edit the home page

Talking Head 18-02-2010 04:13 PM

^^ Thank you!

x5649 20-02-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanlp94 (Post 7080645)
Okay, tried registering to muse.mu but I never got a verification email so whenever I try to sign in it says that the account has not been activated. Iíve tried joining twice with two different email addresses and the same thing has happened on both. Any help?

I'm having the same problem. :(

Camowie 07-03-2010 05:41 PM

Muse.mu login problem
 
Please help. When trying to login to my muse.mu account, "account hasn't been activated" appears. I have verified the correct password. Does this mean I need to respond to an account activation email link? If so, I do not have that email or link. Thanks for the help.

Olly. 07-03-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camowie (Post 7472250)
Please help. When trying to login to my muse.mu account, "account hasn't been activated" appears. I have verified the correct password. Does this mean I need to respond to an account activation email link? If so, I do not have that email or link. Thanks for the help.

I have now activated your account for you.

Olly. 07-03-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x5649 (Post 7383930)
I'm having the same problem. :(

I have now activated your account also.

JayFlow 09-03-2010 07:20 PM

Hello,
I'm having the same problem too. Is it possible to have my account activated ?

Many thanks.

Olly. 09-03-2010 09:19 PM

Activated :)

cosmos 18-03-2010 12:22 AM

I'm new on the board and I'm trying to access features on the main site like "Media Player" - I use my login from here and I get "Login failed. (Account not found or incorrect password.)" in red text. I tried creating a new account there (with "cosmos") and it says that username is already in use - is there a way to be activated on that part of the site as well? I want to use my login for when I buy the iPhone app so I'd hope to be able to access everything, thanks! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)