- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 1212
15-02-2017 08:16 AMmuselee321Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Lego Batman! Hope you enjoy it when you go see it!
John Wick was a lot of fun. Other than that early scene though. I knew the dog was going to die and that made it all the worse when I saw how and why he got the dog in the first place, and it looked like it was only a puppy . But at least I could prepare myself for the killing scene.
John is a man of few words but I loved the little scenes like when he talks to the police that come by. Dead bodies in the background and the conversation was so mundane "Hey John" "Hey Jimmy" "How you doing?" "Good" . It was funny seeing the actress who played Jessica in Supernatural be such a baddie too. There were a lot of actors I recognized.
Also the action felt so much more genuine than a lot of movies. Keanu obviously prepared big time for the role (I'd seen crazy videos in the past about it and it really showed in the move) but also it was cool seeing realistic gun reloading times.
Glad to see he got another dog in the end! The dog better be alive through the next movie!
Thanks! Midterm went really well and I've got reading break to look forward to next week. Litten's been doing fine, but fire's usually pretty strong early. Okay, not sure when I'll be able to play next but that's good to know!
To be fair, Julian being Alchemy was taken straight out of the comics so they were being very true to the source material. Iris being in peril is pretty weak since she's obviously going to be fine in the end, but I'd still like to see how they save her.
05-02-2017 02:04 AMmuselee321Welcome back! Hope things have worked out with your laptop.
Still haven't seen John Wick but will try to do so before the second comes. It's out on the 10th here!
Hope you had a good start to school this term! School's been alright for me, got midterms starting this week though . Ahh well, this one is only worth 10% so it's not a big deal. Wow, 10-2 is great! I've been playing Pokemon Moon finally. I picked Litten as my starter (I always go fire). Haven't run into an Alolan dugtrio yet though... looking forward to it
Yeah I feel the same, about both points. I don't mind so much if the seasons are still short to preserve fresh ideas but I'm hoping they will at least happen every year.
That's totally fair. I'm still enjoying the show but I know what you mean. The Flash has always been lighthearted but this season seems particularly so and you're right about it being predictable. I love Tom Felton in the show though, his character has had some great lines. I think my favourite weekly show is actually Lucifer.
18-01-2017 07:42 PMmuselee321I haven't seen John Wick but have heard so much about it. I saw it listed on Netflix and thought it should be my next movie. I take it you'd recommend it then? I could definitely watch it before John Wick 2...
Ahh I remember now, I haven't played against Slaking, I was confusing him with Slowking . (I also remember tentacruel too, and that was also extremely frustrating!). Has school not started for you yet? I'm getting on Showdown now, actually, going to play around with gen 3...
Snake was my favourite character in Smash Bros. but that's all I've played him in. I've seen clips of Metal Gear and it looks awesome.
Yeah, definitely. Kelly didn't deserve that tirade at all.
It was fun for me to watch Michael Kelly in something other than House of Cards while still being a similar character.
You have a good point, the movie could have been come of as absurd but they managed to keep it from that territory really well.
Yeah . The third season was even like 3.5 years after the second season, not including the special... maybe now that it's on Netflix it'll be sooner?
Still haven't watched the season 2 finale, I think it's the next episode.
11-01-2017 12:18 AMmuselee321For shame! Add it to your movie list!
Pretty much anything involving Saw was really corny in the move, but yeah the tentacle scene was particularly bad.
Heh, I remember when you used Slaking in one of our battles and I just had no answer for it!
Yeah, that's one deterrent. For me it's the graphic scenes. Not the violent ones, I mean the other kind. It's too much for me!
I can see that. Hah! Who knows, we'll see how we turn out
That's fair. Most of it was pretty predictable. I can see how you found it bland, they could definitely have made it way scarier for one thing. Yeah I know of Hideo Kojima, though I don't think I've played the series he's known for (not even Metal Gear)
That's true, I wasn't considering he was pretty young and it's easy to not know better.
I did like when we see Yorkie in real life; I wasn't expecting them to have given her that backstory and it definitely made her an interesting character. Yeah I thought what Kelly was saying to Yorkie at the end when she got mad was all stuff that Yorkie deserved to hear. Yorkie was being really selfish (understandably, but selfish nonetheless).
I really can't understand how I just didn't notice . Anyways, reviews:
Men Against Fire: this was probably the weakest of the season for me. I really liked the idea of it but I felt like it went by really quickly without as much substance as I would have hoped for. I think I was just wishing for a bit more backstory about the Roaches and more discussion about the world the episode was based in because I found some of it hard to follow and hard to care about.
Hated in the Nation: I really liked this one. It was long but I think everything deserved a place in the episode, and the twist that the real victims were everyone using the hashtag was incredible. I could kind of see it coming when we learn how the hacker's wife tried to commit suicide from the online harassment. I knew in Black Mirror fashion they would probably kill all the hashtag people off despite their efforts but it was still so well done and intense. The only thing I didn't like about it was the ending. I think I would have liked it more if the episode had ended before we see Blue tracking the hacker down and it's left that he gets away with it all. I think since they showed Blue tracking the hacker down but not much more I felt kind of unsatisfied. But the rest of the episode was great.
My order would be:
Hated in the Nation
Shut Up and Dance
Men Against Fire
Yeah I'm getting to the end of season 2 and it's been great. Some of it has a very Fallout-esque vibe which is neat.
06-01-2017 09:08 AMmuselee321Oh definitely, there was so much fan service... so much... and I totally agree about everything you said.
Krennic was definitely, totally, 100% bad. He was an over-the-top cartoon villain done extremely poorly and never seemed to hold much power for the main antagonist.
I forgot about how Jyn and the rebellion as you mentioned. Another thing that bugged me a lot was how they sent her on her whole mission to find out what the message was from her dad, and they emphasized how important it was to get the message, but when they finally do have the message they just argue about whether or not they should trust it... like what was the whole point if they were never going to trust the message?
K-2SO was entertaining, but at the same time, they so obviously wrote him to be the comic relief (so you go "aww look the robot said something funny and doesn't realize it! hilarious" every time he speaks) that it felt forced, and you just knew they would try to milk his last scenes as much as possible. Make him sacrifice himself to save Jyn who he's not gotten along with for the whole movie, etc. etc. So even that rubbed me the wrong way haha. I did kinda like the blind monk and his friend, but they could have done way more with their characters (like explain why they stick together/banded together in the first place) and again they were so stuck in their flat roles it was hard to feel that much for them. And maybe I'm biased because he's Ip Man .
I can see your point about the crawl; it doesn't bother me as much now. It's not one of the official episodic trilogies so I guess that's understandable.
Fine... it was a good pun
Anyways, I'm glad to see you had a lot of issues with the film... some people I've talked to also though it was pretty problematic but a lot have said they absolutely loved it and that it was everything a Star Wars prequel should have been... did I see the same movie?? A lot of critics and fans have gushed all over it!
Darn, is it the new abilities from the Moon/Sun era? I can imagine there are some really broken combos especially with the game being so relatively new that it hasn't been quite figured out yet.
Nice! I haven't heard of it but I have a bit of time before my regular shows come back. Meanwhile I finally started catching up on Black Mirror.
Nosedive: I felt this one was a bit "on the nose" . From the first minute of watching I pretty much knew how the episode would progress and end; it was really predictable. Nevertheless, as you'd expect from Black Mirror episodes, it's a really interesting world to think about. I wonder if I'd try and get a "high score" or stay true to myself. I'd like to think I'd do the latter but I'm also a perfectionist and I hate getting bad marks
Playtest: I actually really enjoyed this one. It felt the most "real" to me of all the episodes since that kind of game actually seems not far off. I agree he was a bit annoying (and it was really not the best idea for him to accept the medical procedure without knowing more about it...) but he seemed like a good guy so it was too bad he died at the end. I think they could have made it a scarier episode but the last few minutes were really intense and well done. It was easy to predict he would run into serious trouble with the game but I wasn't expecting the call from his mom to kill him in the end.
Shut up and Dance: This one good but not my favourite. It kind of reminded me of White Bear in that at first you feel sorry for this person and then you realize what they actually did in a final twist, but I think the twist in White Bear was done better. Also like the guy in Playtest he was really not thinking when he downloaded that computer cleaner . It annoys me when a character's stupidity/ignorance puts them into a situation essential to the plot. However I did like how at the end they made it so that regardless of what they did, the hackers still released all the info.
San Junipero: This was kind of put me off because it wasn't immediately obvious what was "different" about this world like all other episodes. You only realize half-way through or something that they're in an augmented reality (or at least, I didn't figure it out until they made it really clear...). I can appreciate how it was not the usual disturbing episode and was instead more sweet and gentle, but I think they missed out on a lot of potential by not going much into the philosophical problem of whether it's really "you" in the reality and in the end it kinda felt like a boring, predictable love story. And I didn't cry at the end .
I didn't even realize the last 2 episodes existed . I watched those 4 on Netflix and for some reason assumed there were no more episodes. Will watch those tomorrow so I can discuss more!
I also started binge-watching The 100. I was expecting it to be typical CW drama for teens but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a big corny at times but there are some great moments and a lot of the characters are really well developed, not pure good/pure evil.
31-12-2016 08:35 PMmuselee321Hope yours was too! I got so much chocolate. So much. Muse-related I got the Showbiz vinyl (I have all the CD's but that completed my main-album vinyl collection). Also got Pokemon Moon from my brother.
Definitely , I saw Rogue One on Thursday. Rant incoming
I would give it a 6/10 at best, and that's pushing it. I'd probably settle with a 5/10.
+ Finally explain why there's the weakness in the Death Star that allowed the rebels to destroy it later, and that was done in a meaningful way
+ Visuals and set pieces were great
+ Vader scene at the end
- Sloppy editing, in the first half especially. It was jarring to keep jumping between so many planets at the start.
- Poor pacing. The first half dragged by and I was actually bored watching it.
- Lazy scenes and other things that don't make sense. Like when Krennic is talking Galen Erso at the very start, all the shots of Krennic have extremely strong winds blowing his white cape forward but all other shots of the scene showing either mild or no wind at all; stuff like that bugs me. Saw saying that Bodhi would lose his mind after dealing with the tentacle monster yet he seems perfectly fine after a brief bit of being out of it. The opening-and-closing contraption in the archive room had no apparent purpose other than to ramp up the drama. Cassian somehow not only surviving his fall in the archive room with no apparent injuries but also having the strength to climb all the way up and be fast enough to get past that contraption. Why the heck is Leia on that ship in the middle of the fight other than to provide a convenient connection to A New Hope (edit: apparently there was a line explaining why she was there, I must have missed it). etc etc etc
- Cheesy and weak dialogue. Probably one of the worst parts of the movie for me. It made it hard for the actors to do a good job with what they were given. Super cheesy, and it's inexcusable to make Darth Vader of all people to make a pun. "Be careful not to choke on your aspirations" is acceptable in an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie but on Darth Vader it's ridiculous.
- Bad acting. Some of the acting was downright atrocious (way too over-the-top Forrest Whitaker, the pilot Bodhi, and Krennick were some of the worst) and almost every person felt flat and bored saying their lines... however I think most of this can be attributed to bad directing
- Boring and flat characters. I felt nothing towards most characters. Krennick was as stereotypical of a villain as you can get (only interesting thing about him was that he was killed by his own creation). Jyn was cold and unrelateable (and felt like a poor rehash of the "female orphan with family issues who's actually a badass and ends up becoming the hero" that worked for Rey in The Force Awakens) which made it super hard to like her, and her introduction felt so rushed. We go from seeing Jyn as a young girl and then skip immediately to her being in jail for some reason and getting into the thick of things, so we have no time to appreciate her background like we did with Rey. One of the more interesting things about her is her relationship with Saw but we only hear about it in a short exposition and then he dies. I was not a fan of Felicity Jones. Bodhi was basically a worse version of Finn (defects from the bad guys to become a hero with the resistance/rebels, except it's never really clear why he defects other than that he had a conversation with Galen). K-2SO is only there for comic relief, felt way too human (moved and talked too much like a human) and I just knew how his story would end, it was all so predictable. The characters were also just stuck in teh same roles through the whole movie, and the main heroes felt like they were fulfilling some social justice quota: the main heroes were a female lead, hispanic sidekick, two asian guys, and an arab. I'm all for diversity in movies but that felt forced. The last thing I'll say (I could go on) is that they were so forgettable I only remembered Jyn's name after the movie; everyone else I had to look up.
- CGI people. I can understand why they wanted to simulate Tarkin and Leia with CGI and I can applaud their effort but I don't think the technology is quite there yet; both people felt so off and weird and it was disconcerting watching.
- Music was extremely forgetful and only had the Star Wars theme at the very end. This I can't fault Michael Giacchino for because he only had 4 weeks to do it and I'm a big fan of his other work.
- NO OPENING STAR WARS CRAWL.
I'm honestly shocked at all the people giving it really high ratings and saying it's amazing. My entire family went to see it together and we all had the same issues with it and nobody thought it was a great movie. Overall it just felt sloppy, unmotivated, and like failed to prove why it deserved to be made and wasn't just a fan servicey cash cow.
25-12-2016 09:02 AMmuselee321I really can't stand waiting; it seriously pains me . Got my first mark back and I'm super happy with it! The one with the final being 60%. I think it got heavily scaled up.
Same, I hear that was a big episode/scene (whatever it is) but have no idea what it actually means.
Me too, I had one Christmas dinner tonight with friends and tomorrow will be the family. My family has alternatde between full trees (my choice) and Charlie Brown trees (my mom's) for years now, and I agree, they have a nice charm to them... though you'll never hear me say that to my mom . I still haven't seen either film. Some of my family saw Fantastic Beasts and reactions were mixed; my brother was so-so about it while my mom loved it.
- About Luigi.
- Paddy's Pub
- Muse Releases Owned
- Showbiz, OOS, Absolution, BH&R, HAARP
- Muse Concerts Attended / Attending
- April 14,2010 at Oracle Arena
Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 26