PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Musers Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Life must hate me
06-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Anyone?

Thats stupid it say my post has to be at least 10 characters long ....

ArtisticView
31-03-2004, 11:43 AM
me? i am one... :)

Krasnojarsk
31-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Nimen hao!

Wo bu hui shuo putonhua...well, wo hui shuo eedyar putonhua :D

malice
31-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Nimen hao!

Wo bu hui shuo putonhua...well, wo hui shuo eedyar putonhua :D
:eek:
polish, finnish, dutch, english, swedish, german, french, chinese... what else?

Krasnojarsk
31-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Beszélek magyarul is :D

ArtisticView
01-04-2004, 12:18 PM
haha...nice to meet u then :) glad that i'm not alone...where are u from?

:Puppensammlerin::
01-04-2004, 05:43 PM
:eek:
polish, finnish, dutch, english, swedish, german, french, chinese... what else?
austrian :D

Krasnojarsk
01-04-2004, 10:06 PM
haha...nice to meet u then :) glad that i'm not alone...where are u from?

Me, oh I'm from Sweden. :)

ArtisticView
02-04-2004, 11:39 AM
oh haha!! i thought ur a chinese...so i'm still alone then.. eitherway, nice to meet u

i think it's real cool n awesome that a lot of ppl know who Muse are all over the world...except here...it looks as if i'm the only one among my friends that's like..crazy about Muse's songs n music...sheesh...lonely...haha

iiduce100
04-04-2004, 08:54 AM
oh haha!! i thought ur a chinese...so i'm still alone then.. eitherway, nice to meet u

i think it's real cool n awesome that a lot of ppl know who Muse are all over the world...except here...it looks as if i'm the only one among my friends that's like..crazy about Muse's songs n music...sheesh...lonely...haha

Where are you from?

ArtisticView
09-04-2004, 03:02 AM
sorry for the late reply. Singapore here. :)

glasskite
11-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Chinese muse fans? of course there are.

dan hai or jing hai sik gon gong dun wah.

and i seem more english than i do chinese.

ArtisticView
12-04-2004, 12:50 PM

eh? er...huh?? i..dun get u??

e_kee
13-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Chinese muse fans? of course there are.

and i seem more english than i do chinese.

hahaha Cantonese speakers united!

Hi. Im Chinese as well. I live in Georgia, USA.

iiduce100
14-04-2004, 05:43 AM
hahaha Cantonese speakers united!

Hi. Im Chinese as well. I live in Georgia, USA.

I totally understand what he/she said.

Muse makes a trip to Hong Kong and Singarpore will be awesome

ArtisticView
14-04-2004, 12:05 PM
I totally understand what he/she said.

haha...sorry..i dun understand cuz i dunno cantonese.

yeah, they should... it will be awesome! but i dun think they will in the near future cuz not many ppl here know them in Singapore yet...and the stupid radio stations here doesnt play their songs much (compared to others) even tho i've msged them multiple times...i give up.. :(

as to Hong Kong, i think they will cuz the population is much much higher... :)

e_kee
14-04-2004, 06:50 PM

Where are you from???

glasskite
15-04-2004, 02:39 AM
Just for future reference, i am a she. :)

where are all of you lot from?

e_kee
15-04-2004, 06:38 AM
where are all of you lot from?

Currently residing in Athens, Georgia.
Originally from Hong Kong though.

iiduce100
16-04-2004, 01:31 AM
Where are you from???

From Hong Kong

iiduce100
16-04-2004, 01:36 AM
haha...sorry..i dun understand cuz i dunno cantonese.

yeah, they should... it will be awesome! but i dun think they will in the near future cuz not many ppl here know them in Singapore yet...and the stupid radio stations here doesnt play their songs much (compared to others) even tho i've msged them multiple times...i give up.. :(

as to Hong Kong, i think they will cuz the population is much much higher... :)

What do most people in Singapore listen to?

Muse is quite well-known in Hong Kong. (among those people listening to rock anyway)

e_kee
16-04-2004, 03:35 AM
From Hong Kong

Awesome!!!! My fellow HKer in da hizzouse!
I miss that place. Hope it is all nice and dandy there.

I know the organizor from Rockit Fest (whatever its called) wanted to get Muse but they couldnt afford it. :(

iiduce100
16-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Awesome!!!! My fellow HKer in da hizzouse!
I miss that place. Hope it is all nice and dandy there.

I know the organizor from Rockit Fest (whatever its called) wanted to get Muse but they couldnt afford it. :(

Oh really. That's really a big disappointment. Wonder what bands will come for the Rockit Fest this year. I never attended one previously. But it's still good that they will explore the North American market, my buddies in Vancouver finally get a chance to watch them

zipperer
16-04-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm from Hong Kong too.

glasskite
16-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Cool, more people from Hong Kong. So whats the rock scene like over there, cos thers not much evidence of one... Or even gig venues actually. Could someone tell me more about it?

ArtisticView
16-04-2004, 01:59 PM
for us here...yes they do play rock songs..but compared to pop, hip-hop n such....nah~!!! usually they would be playing US top charts instead of Europe or even UK...which sucks big time...keeps repeating the same songs and almost the same time everyday...sheesh!!! :mad:

*sobs x 432987510398157932* :'( i'm a lonely soul here in a tiny island....good for ya that at least there's a Rockit fest...me here is like..nothing!! man...feel like migrating...haha!

iiduce100
16-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Cool, more people from Hong Kong. So whats the rock scene like over there, cos thers not much evidence of one... Or even gig venues actually. Could someone tell me more about it?

of coz there is a bunch of local bands here, and playing various styles too. But they are more like underground, only a couple of them got signed to a big record label, and they are barely known. On the other hand, many of these indie bands publish their CDs by their own label or some indie label.

The majority of the people here listen to cantopop, teenpop (sounds like I am disgracing cantopop here). And most cantopop melodies are so predictable and superfluous (so that people can sing them at karaoke easily).

However, besides the numerous local band shows at different tiny venues, the local promoters can occasionally manage to put up some relatively "big shows". Recently, we have had Bowie, Korn, Starsailor and Placebo in the last 6 months, which considers to be very rare.

e_kee
16-04-2004, 05:49 PM
wow im really surprised to see there are quite a few HKers on here.

any of you saw bowie last month? im seeing him next month in Atlanta. im so excited. my life will be complete. ive been waiting for him to come to Atlanta for ages and ages. im so happy, i can cry. :LOL:

glasskite
16-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Ahh i didn't think there was much in the way of gigs for rock bands until they get huge. Rules out the possiblity of certain of my fav bands playing hong kong since its never on any tour calanders.

The dominance of canto pop is just too much. I really do dislike it. for example, Twins, the chinese Tatu :rolleyes:

Keys
16-04-2004, 10:57 PM
sorry for the late reply. Singapore here. :)

:eek: what a hero i lived there for bput 7 years :D moved here 8 years ago :D hehe i love singapore so much :'( i miss it sometimes...but its too hot.

im half cantonese...shame i cant speak it tho

mish
16-04-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm Chinese!
I live in Canada though.
I had no idea Muse was well-known in HK.

I just hope I can go see them when they come :'(

iiduce100
17-04-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm Chinese!
I live in Canada though.
I had no idea Muse was well-known in HK.

I just hope I can go see them when they come :'(

where in Canada?

mish
17-04-2004, 02:54 AM
where in Canada?

vancouver :)

iiduce100
17-04-2004, 05:08 AM
vancouver :)

aren't they coming to your town on May 9 or 10?

Angelus Erratus
17-04-2004, 05:34 AM
That's wicked, so many chinese muse fans...
And some from Hong Kong too!
Hometown represent...:D
Anywho, I can't do the whole phonetic cantonese thing but I can speak it...:P
But I'm from Ontario...:)

mish
17-04-2004, 07:42 AM
aren't they coming to your town on May 9 or 10?

yess! but the show's soldout :'( so i'm totally bummed about that.

iiduce100
17-04-2004, 08:24 AM
yess! but the show's soldout :'( so i'm totally bummed about that.

wow, that's surprised. Richards On Richards is a small venue, but anyhow , i don't expect it could be sold out this quick at all

ArtisticView
17-04-2004, 12:11 PM
:eek: what a hero i lived there for bput 7 years :D moved here 8 years ago :D hehe i love singapore so much :'( i miss it sometimes...but its too hot.

im half cantonese...shame i cant speak it tho

haha!! was borned in singapore so am used to the weather...n yeah, i agree it's damn hot...for those who loves tanning, you can come down here during this month cuz it's the inter-monsoon season now so yeah...one step out of ur house, u'd be screaming...haha!!

mish
17-04-2004, 04:13 PM
wow, that's surprised. Richards On Richards is a small venue, but anyhow , i don't expect it could be sold out this quick at all

Yeah, I can't believe how fast the concert sold out. I didn't even hear about when the tickets went on sale :(. Damn school! Take up my precious time.

iiduce100
17-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I can't believe how fast the concert sold out. I didn't even hear about when the tickets went on sale :(. Damn school! Take up my precious time.

my Vancouver friend is pissed that he can't get any tickets too.

mish
18-04-2004, 07:42 AM
my Vancouver friend is pissed that he can't get any tickets too.

that sucks :(
i think a lotta people from seattle are coming to the vancouver show too.
grrr.

iiduce100
19-04-2004, 07:44 AM
that sucks :(
i think a lotta people from seattle are coming to the vancouver show too.
grrr.

Buy the tickets from those "smugglers" right before the concert then, but don't know how much it will cost.

Are you going to watch the game 7 tomorrow?

mish
19-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Buy the tickets from those "smugglers" right before the concert then, but don't know how much it will cost.

Are you going to watch the game 7 tomorrow?

hehe..i don't think the "smugglers" will be selling their tickets.

nope. i don't have that kinda money to go to the game. i have a big screen at home so it's all good. and plus, i can scream and yell like crazy in my own house. i don't think i'd do that if i was at the game..hehe.

Keys
19-04-2004, 11:42 PM
hahahaha yeah i didnt mind the whether really heheh i miss the days when i could walk out in sandels and not feel cold :(

hahahaha i used to live in bullion park...you know that place??? :LOL: probably not hehe and swiss cottage primary school yeah!!!! the best damned primary school ever :D

iiduce100
20-04-2004, 04:38 AM
hehe..i don't think the "smugglers" will be selling their tickets.

nope. i don't have that kinda money to go to the game. i have a big screen at home so it's all good. and plus, i can scream and yell like crazy in my own house. i don't think i'd do that if i was at the game..hehe.

I saw them in every concerts that I saw in front of the door trying to sell tickets. They must have reserved some for those who couldn't get tickets

Go Canucks Go, torture Kiprusoff :LOL:

mish
20-04-2004, 09:01 AM
I saw them in every concerts that I saw in front of the door trying to sell tickets. They must have reserved some for those who couldn't get tickets

Go Canucks Go, torture Kiprusoff :LOL:

i'll definitely try to get tickets at the door.
but i'd like to get my hands on them before the concert of course.

all i have to say is:
down with the F-lames!!!
i'm rooting for detroit like there's no tommorow.

sincere_dh
20-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Oh!I'm a typical Chinese,you can see that I'm from Shanghai
nice to meet you all :D

iiduce100
20-04-2004, 01:57 PM
i'll definitely try to get tickets at the door.
but i'd like to get my hands on them before the concert of course.

all i have to say is:
down with the F-lames!!!
i'm rooting for detroit like there's no tommorow.

good luck with getting the ticket. :D

as with the Cancuks, 4 straight playoff appearance with only a series win, that's pretty sad. I feel sorry for Hedberg too, playing an average game gave him the fate of sitting on the bench when you are supposed to be the first goalie after Cloutier.

when can Linden hold up the Stanley Cup ?

Sorry that I made it as an hockey forum :LOL:

anyway, Muse Rocks, so does Canucks !!!

iiduce100
20-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Oh!I'm a typical Chinese,you can see that I'm from Shanghai
nice to meet you all :D

nice to meet you, I have never been Shanghai, sadly

holborner
21-04-2004, 05:28 AM
I'm from Hong Kong too.

here's another honkie from down under ;)

mish
21-04-2004, 05:43 AM
good luck with getting the ticket. :D

as with the Cancuks, 4 straight playoff appearance with only a series win, that's pretty sad. I feel sorry for Hedberg too, playing an average game gave him the fate of sitting on the bench when you are supposed to be the first goalie after Cloutier.

when can Linden hold up the Stanley Cup ?

Sorry that I made it as an hockey forum :LOL:

anyway, Muse Rocks, so does Canucks !!!

i'm definitely crossing my fingers.

argh. its so disappointing year after year.
i put all my hope in them and this is what happens.
and i still don't get why crawford decided to play auld instead of hedy.
auldy was good and everything, but i just think hedy would've been much better one on one.
and it just didn't seem fair to hedy either.
and now he's gonna leave :'(
i love hedberg!

yeah i know!
it really sucks.
and with naslund wanting to retire like REALLY soon.
i duno where the team's going next year :confused:
sigh.
i guess we'll just have to wait and see when september rolls around.

anywho, i enjoyed making this a partial hockey forum. tee hee.

both muse and canucks rule! woot :)

iiduce100
21-04-2004, 01:19 PM
argh. its so disappointing year after year.
i put all my hope in them and this is what happens.
and i still don't get why crawford decided to play auld instead of hedy.
auldy was good and everything, but i just think hedy would've been much better one on one.
and it just didn't seem fair to hedy either.
and now he's gonna leave :'(
i love hedberg!

yeah i know!
it really sucks.
and with naslund wanting to retire like REALLY soon.
i duno where the team's going next year :confused:
sigh.
i guess we'll just have to wait and see when september rolls around.

anywho, i enjoyed making this a partial hockey forum. tee hee.

both muse and canucks rule! woot :)

yes, totally.

At least now Hedberg can play at somewhere that he gets some respect. He is supposed to be a number one goalie, but not deserved to be under Crowford's doghouse at all. All Crow sees in his eyes is Cloutier, Cloutier and Cloutier. I feel bad for Skudra last year, it's even more ridiculous with how Crowford handled the goalie situation this year. He is too biased.

yes, next year will be very likely Nazzie's final year. I really respect him, he could easily earn much more by playing at somewhere else, but I also think he's carrying too much pressure on his shoulders.

by the way, the jovo jumping up and down thing is one heck of an unforgettable scene for this disappointed series :'(

iiduce100
21-04-2004, 01:26 PM
here's another honkie from down under ;)

see, another person from Hong Kong

that's why I said Muse is quite well-known in Hong Kong

zipperer
21-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Sadly, muse only go to play in Japan. :mad: I've sent an email to tom before and he metioned that they have talked about coming here.

I wonder how long we will have to wait!

glasskite
21-04-2004, 02:45 PM
There is surprisingly a large amount of muse fans from HK. thats good to know.

holborner
21-04-2004, 11:21 PM
i discovered muse when they released showbiz in australia in 2000, but yeah i reckon every honkie just started listening to muse since suede split lol

iiduce100
22-04-2004, 01:30 AM
i discovered muse when they released showbiz in australia in 2000, but yeah i reckon every honkie just started listening to muse since suede split lol

I get to know them when I wandered aroud the basement of Sino at Mong Kok when they have their Showbiz released

glasskite
22-04-2004, 02:00 AM
See i don't know where all the cool music shops are in HK. I can only find the HMV's in Tsim Sha Tsui and Central, also the odd cd shop in the shopping centres like the one above Mong Kok KCR station.

iiduce100
22-04-2004, 04:29 AM
See i don't know where all the cool music shops are in HK. I can only find the HMV's in Tsim Sha Tsui and Central, also the odd cd shop in the shopping centres like the one above Mong Kok KCR station.

The cds in HMV are overpriced, it's just good to hang out there, I never consumed a single CD in there.

Places like 搖擺廊 at Wanchai 英皇, Zoo Records at 信和底層, the Panic at 西洋菜街, just to name a few

mish
22-04-2004, 06:10 AM
yes, totally.

At least now Hedberg can play at somewhere that he gets some respect. He is supposed to be a number one goalie, but not deserved to be under Crowford's doghouse at all. All Crow sees in his eyes is Cloutier, Cloutier and Cloutier. I feel bad for Skudra last year, it's even more ridiculous with how Crowford handled the goalie situation this year. He is too biased.

yes, next year will be very likely Nazzie's final year. I really respect him, he could easily earn much more by playing at somewhere else, but I also think he's carrying too much pressure on his shoulders.

by the way, the jovo jumping up and down thing is one heck of an unforgettable scene for this disappointed series :'(

Yeah, hedberg definitely wasn't given a fair chance. It really sucks because I love hedy. He's so awesome one-on-one and playing the puck. Well I think Cloutz is FINALLY coming into his own. He's improved a lot and was awesome during the playoffs. It's too bad he got hurt. I really think hedy could carry a team through the playoffs, whoever it may be next year. I'll miss him :(

Well Burke just announced today that if he stays, we're gonna have to make some pretty big changes with the team, even with the top players. So it's gonna be sad to see who's gonna go next year :'( I just hope mo, nazzy, bert, cookie and the sedins will all be together. They can't break those guys up! Yeah, nazzy wasn't just carrying a load of pressure, but he was still injured from that damn steve moore hit. He has to get surgery right away for his elbow now. There's still bone fragments lying around. Damn that steve moore incident :mad: The dumbass commentators were all saying nazzy should go to the net, but I mean, he can't really afford to injure himself even more. But I guess they didn't know his elbow was still bothering him.

The jovo jump was CLASSIC. It was so adorable seeing him like that! It was even more heartbreaking seeing them interview the team after the game. Cookie looked like he was gonna cry :( I was so sad. I LOVE cookie to death. I'm hoping for next year now. No point in dwelling. I still love them :D

iiduce100
22-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Well Burke just announced today that if he stays, we're gonna have to make some pretty big changes with the team, even with the top players.

yes, I heard his talk as well.

Cookie is also my most favourite guy after Linden, he showed so much character every time he is on the ice.

You think Cloutier will be with us next year? The arbitration could give him as big as 4 million. And what about Mo, I think he will go to arbitration as well, right?

It's nice to see Allen being matured this year though.

Life is so dull without hockey, and when all the people around you just talk about soccer in Hong Kong.

I really don't expect I can find a Canucks fan in a Muse forum

mish
22-04-2004, 08:54 AM
yes, I heard his talk as well.

Cookie is also my most favourite guy after Linden, he showed so much character every time he is on the ice.

You think Cloutier will be with us next year? The arbitration could give him as big as 4 million. And what about Mo, I think he will go to arbitration as well, right?

It's nice to see Allen being matured this year though.

Life is so dull without hockey, and when all the people around you just talk about soccer in Hong Kong.

I really don't expect I can find a Canucks fan in a Muse forum

Yeah I love Linden too. He's Mr. Canuck. That's all there is to it..hehe.

Well I'd be really surprised if Cloutz wasn't with us next year. We put so much effort and hope into the guy, and now that he's finally coming around, I can't see us letting him go that easily you know? I'm sure Crow will fight for him..hehe..I saw Mo being interviewed for a little bit tonight, and he's already said he wants to stay and that he won't be that expensive..heh. I don't think our guys are the type who are hungry for some huge pay raise. They just want to be paid what they're worth. I definitely think Cookie should get a much bigger contract, but he still has a year to go on that ghetto salary.

Allen's been so awesome. I wish they played him more during the series, but I'm guessing Crawford wanted to ease him back in after his injury. I was so happy to see him play, I remember at one point, he was just taking like 3 guys at once. It was great :)

Oh man. I definitely know what you mean. I've become a Canuckle nut over the last year..hehe. I only have a couple of friends who are into hockey so I'm usually a nut with my dad and bro :p All I've been doing since I finished school, is watch hockey. My friends think I'm crazy. I swear hockey's the best sport ever.

So how often do you get to watch hockey in HK? I'm guessing it's not very popular over there?

Yeah, I didn't really expect to find any hockey fans here either! But I did :)

I just want a Canadian team to win the Cup. It's time to bring the Cup back to where it really belongs. We invented the damn game and bred the great one! It would be too awesome if the Habs won. That's what I'm really hoping for now :D

Life must hate me
22-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Wow.... seems that there quite a lot of us...
Okay I haven't posted since I did this topic, but I have a reason at least... been to revision hell and back... I don't think I'll bother anymore, haven't before why should I now... anyway... hi everyone!!!

glasskite
22-04-2004, 02:36 PM
The cds in HMV are overpriced, it's just good to hang out there, I never consumed a single CD in there.

Places like 搖擺廊 at Wanchai 英皇, Zoo Records at 信和底層, the Panic at 西洋菜街, just to name a few
Thanks, i'll know next time i go back. And anyway, through exchange rates, even the cds in hmv are a bargain for me. easily spend $1000 in there. almost did last time... whoops.

And hello to life must hate me, revision not going well then??

holborner
22-04-2004, 11:47 PM

All the cool sino shops were shut down last time i was in hongkong late last year, there's still a couple hidden in TST, worth a look

HMV is a global daylight robbery, i usually go into HMV and virgin to listen to the CDs and buy them somewhere else. but who doesn't anyway? :P

glasskite
23-04-2004, 12:11 AM
I do that in the uk, but in HK, its just SO much cheaper. what i'd really like is to be able to get japanese imports on english bands when i'm in hong kong. cos a few yrs back i managed to pick up the jap imports of the plug in baby ep and the random 1-8 cds when i was over there.

iiduce100
23-04-2004, 01:45 AM
Oh man. I definitely know what you mean. I've become a Canuckle nut over the last year..hehe. I only have a couple of friends who are into hockey so I'm usually a nut with my dad and bro :p All I've been doing since I finished school, is watch hockey. My friends think I'm crazy. I swear hockey's the best sport ever.

So how often do you get to watch hockey in HK? I'm guessing it's not very popular over there?

Yeah, I didn't really expect to find any hockey fans here either! But I did :)

Not very often that I get to watch ice hocey in Hong Kong. I know Cable TV has a NHL hockey channel, but I need to pay an outrageous HK$299 for a month. Plus I don't think they will broadcast that many of Canucks games. However, I am able to see all the 7 playoff games, as my friend did me a big favor by recording the games and then sent them to me over internet. So, what I saw was actually Hockey Night in Canada. And I know how disturbing Greg Millen was.

The sport news here even have baseball, but not hockey, too bad :'(
No one gives a damn to it actually. I guess it is a sport for colder places.

holborner
23-04-2004, 02:35 AM
I do that in the uk, but in HK, its just SO much cheaper. what i'd really like is to be able to get japanese imports on english bands when i'm in hong kong. cos a few yrs back i managed to pick up the jap imports of the plug in baby ep and the random 1-8 cds when i was over there.

yeah they used to have this shop in Mong Kok (shopping centre near the train station) selling all the Japanese singles (yeah even random 1-8!) which made me so excited. i didn't get any tho, i have the french boxset so i thought i may not spend the money to get doubles of the singles i got

but one thing that HK HMV doing very well is magazines. it's so quick to get british mags there (probably less than a week later than when they come out in UK, which is good when muse is on), and cheap as well (not even twice as what you guys pay). while in oz now you can still find 3 month old NMEs on the shelves at 3-4 times of what you guys pay.

glasskite
23-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Hehe thats the shop I got my japanese singles from. :D But its not there anymore, i went and looked.

I agree with the magazines though, you ca get magazines from all over the world there, but i did think they were over priced considering i could be getting someone to buy them for me at half the price.

mish
23-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Not very often that I get to watch ice hocey in Hong Kong. I know Cable TV has a NHL hockey channel, but I need to pay an outrageous HK$299 for a month. Plus I don't think they will broadcast that many of Canucks games. However, I am able to see all the 7 playoff games, as my friend did me a big favor by recording the games and then sent them to me over internet. So, what I saw was actually Hockey Night in Canada. And I know how disturbing Greg Millen was.

The sport news here even have baseball, but not hockey, too bad :'(
No one gives a damn to it actually. I guess it is a sport for colder places.

Wow, that's crazy! Highway robbery! heh. So do you get baseball and soccer games for free? That's awesome that you got to watch the series like that :) You should get your friend to do that during the regular season too :p I just couldn't stand how all the commentators are praising iginla, it's absolutley retarded. He's a totally cheap ass player.

I find baseball kinda dry. It's alright to watch, but hockey's so much better! hehe. Well I don't get why Americans don't watch hockey. It's just stupid that Colin Campbell's pretty much doing everything he can to get higher US ratings. How can anyone not love this sport?!? :confused:

You should get your friend to tape the Detroit series. They better bring Calgary down! It's so frustrating when you watch the inconsistencies in reffing for hockey, it's absolutely ridiculous. I swear all the refs have been paid off by the F-lames :mad:

Oh well, at least the Avs are going down..muwahhaha. :D

Life must hate me
24-04-2004, 09:52 AM
And hello to life must hate me, revision not going well then??

Hmmm yeah how did you guess?

wow... I feel so sad.... The only time I got to go to HK was when I was a few months old... I haven't been since, though my familt that lives there is always sending me loads of stuff. I have to say the CD's form over there are well cheap!

By the way how much was Random 1-8? Selectadisk here did have it but it was about £23!

glasskite
25-04-2004, 05:25 PM
I got it for a bit under HK$100, so £7 ish?

Cds, Vcds and Dvds over there are just SO cheap compared to the rest of the world though! I love the shopping, but the cheapness just means i buy so much more.

iiduce100
26-04-2004, 12:29 AM
You should get your friend to tape the Detroit series. They better bring Calgary down! It's so frustrating when you watch the inconsistencies in reffing for hockey, it's absolutely ridiculous. I swear all the refs have been paid off by the F-lames :mad:

Oh well, at least the Avs are going down..muwahhaha. :D

besides the playoff, I can now catch up with the Worlds. Matt Cooke scored in Canada's opener against Austria.

So, did Mo play for the first line center?

Go Canada Go !!

mish
26-04-2004, 05:42 AM
besides the playoff, I can now catch up with the Worlds. Matt Cooke scored in Canada's opener against Austria.

So, did Mo play for the first line center?

Go Canada Go !!

:( I missed the Worlds game today. Pooo. I think Mo played for the first line. Boo! I better catch their next game!

Yay Canada!
Yay Cookie :)

Life must hate me
27-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Msn anyone?

Mines animemad@hotmail.com if you want to add me...

iiduce100
27-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Msn anyone?

Looks like we are running out of things to say. So what other bands do you Chinese fellow listen to besides Muse?

ArtisticView
30-04-2004, 04:30 AM
Msn anyone?

yep yep, ok i'll add
ArtisticView03@hotmail.com here

ArtisticView
30-04-2004, 04:35 AM
Looks like we are running out of things to say. So what other bands do you Chinese fellow listen to besides Muse?

erm...currently there's only Muse..other than that...nope. any recommendations?

iiduce100
30-04-2004, 01:13 PM
erm...currently there's only Muse..other than that...nope. any recommendations?

Mogwai?
Air?
Zero 7?

actually I don't explore as much music as I used to before

ArtisticView
01-05-2004, 04:55 AM
Mogwai?
Air?
Zero 7?

actually I don't explore as much music as I used to before

cool! i'll check them out next week. thanks for the recommendations!

iiduce100
01-05-2004, 03:16 PM
hey, mish, you do know that tickets are available now coz they move to the Commodore Ballroom

Life must hate me
04-05-2004, 10:02 AM

Ash
HIM
The Rasmus (old stuff only)
JJ72
Björk (though she's not a band obviously)
Franz Ferdinand
Marron 5

and stuff...

geminiz
11-05-2004, 06:12 PM
I am from Taiwan.
so ...ignore the political shxt
I am a Chinese Muse fan!

I listen to
Radiohead, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Tori Amos, Matthew Good, Tea Party, Silverchair, Placebo, Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilot, and now Muse!

iiduce100
12-05-2004, 04:55 AM
welcome to this Chinese corner of Muse fans, so any gigs in Taiwan soon?

Linkin Park is coming over to Hong Kong, errrr, they are not my cup of tea though

geminiz
12-05-2004, 06:26 AM
welcome to this Chinese corner of Muse fans, so any gigs in Taiwan soon?

Linkin Park is coming over to Hong Kong, errrr, they are not my cup of tea though

ah Taiwan doesn't have enough English-music listener as far as I know... I am in Vancouver now.
People in Taiwan just indulge in those Korean/Japanese cover songs for whatever reason.

I think Linkin Park is pretty good....POP band!
not bad when sometimes I just wanna listen to some brainless melody and smash stuff.
but artistic?...don't think so...

iiduce100
12-05-2004, 01:06 PM
ah Taiwan doesn't have enough English-music listener as far as I know... I am in Vancouver now.
People in Taiwan just indulge in those Korean/Japanese cover songs for whatever reason.

not bad when sometimes I just wanna listen to some brainless melody and smash stuff.

do you "play band" in Vancouver? I hope someone will cover a Muse song in those univeristy's band show.

geminiz
12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
I was in a band (I play guitar/piano/violin),
but broke up since everyone listens to different music
one listen to country
one listen to our lady peace
one listen to x japan
the other one listen to some techno stuff.
so~

I am trying to learn to play Plug in Baby...
how the hell does Matt remember that long guitar intro!?@!#!@

iiduce100
13-05-2004, 05:37 AM
one listen to country
one listen to x japan
so~

too bad I am not in Vancouver, otherwise we must call you to join our band. But my bandmates are very lazy, haha...

only the first CD of Our Lady Peace is worth a buy, honestly

geminiz
13-05-2004, 06:45 PM
too bad I am not in Vancouver, otherwise we must call you to join our band. But my bandmates are very lazy, haha...

only the first CD of Our Lady Peace is worth a buy, honestly

agree. Naveed is quite original
the first CD album art is pretty good (the cover is beautiful!)
the second CD is pretty catchy..but too pretentious.
after that is just downfall.
Once I heard the song "Life".. I was like...the band is over for me!
now I just view them as pop rock band.

iiduce100
15-05-2004, 03:11 PM
agree. Naveed is quite original
the first CD album art is pretty good (the cover is beautiful!)
the second CD is pretty catchy..but too pretentious.
after that is just downfall.
Once I heard the song "Life".. I was like...the band is over for me!
now I just view them as pop rock band.

did you go to the Muse concert then?

geminiz
15-05-2004, 07:33 PM
no....the tickets are sold out..
I wish I haven't been drowning myself in A Perfect Circle and Velvet Revolver the pass few months,
may I would have learned about the concert ahead...sigh~

Miss Li
15-06-2004, 03:31 AM
why all the chinese talk in english here.................actually i'm from beijing,now live in L.A. nice to see you guys.
回见.

e_kee
16-06-2004, 12:07 AM
why all the chinese talk in english here

i think maybe it's because many of us dont know how to read chinese.

moments_of_happiness_elude
16-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi, chinese muse-fan joining this thread :)
First time I heard Muse, I didn't liked their music. After 4 years or so, a friend introduced them to me again, and since then, I love their music!!!! Saw them preform live on Pinkpop 2004, amazing!! :eek: :cool:

Miss Li
16-06-2004, 10:14 PM
i think maybe it's because many of us dont know how to read chinese.
why there is no one that can read chinese here.
each chinese character is just like a picture.
what a pity you cant read chinese as a chinese.
but after all we have something to share ,that is muse.
nice to join you. ;)

17-06-2004, 09:14 AM
why there is no one that can read chinese here.
each chinese character is just like a picture.
what a pity you cant read chinese as a chinese.
but after all we have something to share ,that is muse.
nice to join you. ;)
That's because in some foreign countries chinese school aren't that good, or maybe some foreign countries don't have chinese schools at all, or it is ALSO possible that it isn't appreciated by the local people that chinese people learn the chinese language and not speak the language of the local people very well. Discrimination or culture-assimilation is a nasty thing.
But Miss Li you are right, it's nice that we all have something to share, and that's our love for Muse-music and music knows no borders.

ArtisticView
17-06-2004, 03:06 PM
hey!
i know chinese! *waves* i do know chinese, and i know how to write... there!

ArtisticView
17-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Hi, chinese muse-fan joining this thread :)
First time I heard Muse, I didn't liked their music. After 4 years or so, a friend introduced them to me again, and since then, I love their music!!!! Saw them preform live on Pinkpop 2004, amazing!! :eek: :cool:

woot! well you're lucky to see them live. my dream of watching them live will never happen. bleh!

Miss Li
18-06-2004, 07:49 PM
"music knows no borders"
i do appreciate it.

geminiz
20-06-2004, 04:07 AM
Miss Li
I think you should keep your personal political view out of a music forum.
I do know chinese, but this is an international forum,
even though this is a chinese muse fan thread, other non-Chinese can come and join to discussion if they want,
what's the point of isolating yourselves from the rest of the world?
people discuss in english because
1. muse is an english bnad
2. everyone here knows english for sure.

Miss Li
20-06-2004, 05:37 AM
Miss Li
I think you should keep your personal political view out of a music forum.
I do know chinese, but this is an international forum,
even though this is a chinese muse fan thread, other non-Chinese can come and join to discussion if they want,
what's the point of isolating yourselves from the rest of the world?
people discuss in english because
1. muse is an english bnad
2. everyone here knows english for sure.

first,thanks for answering my stupid question.
i do know that "everyone here knows english" . that's for sure.
its JUST because this forum is INTERNATIONAL,we can talk in CHINESE here.
korean talk in korean,russian talk in russian,people from southamerica talk in spanish in their thread. but why all the chinese talk in ENGLISH ? now i know that many of them dont know how to read chinese. i understand. ive got the answer. i dont want to get tied up to this question any more. let's STOP TALKING IT PLEASE.
second,dont be so serious about my signature. maybe i need to explain a little bit about that.that's what my friends back in china told me (half jokingly)when i left for US. i use it in every forum.its JUST a signature.
and its funny,i like it ,i use it. if it makes people uneasy here, i can delete it. no problem.
so sorry about what ive said.
im wondering why i'm still talking to you in english. we both are chinese,isn't it.
i came here for muse, not for those stupid things like political views.
AND I HATE ISOLATION. 谢谢。 :'( :'( :'(

20-06-2004, 07:46 AM
One of the other reasons (I think) why Chinese Muse fan don't 'talk' chinese in this thread, is because they don't have the software to typ in Chinese. And we shouldn't be so hard on Miss Li. Somewhere she is right its JUST because this forum is INTERNATIONAL,we can talk in CHINESE here.
korean talk in korean,russian talk in russian,people from southamerica talk in spanish in their thread.
But I'm not saying that we have to or must talk in Chinese here. Communicating here in English will reach a lager base of Chinese Muse-fans, because (as it is said before) not every one knows Chinese here.

Miss Li
20-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Somewhere she is right

i was wrong, totally, definitely, exactly, absolutely.
everybody has the right to choose the language they want.
there's no 'must' or 'have to'.

but pleeeease stop this stupid topic...... :'(

PS qinghuaziguang is a quite good software for chinese typing and free download ,if anybody want. :p

delerium
23-06-2004, 12:35 PM
I‘m a chinese from beijing
i love muse
支持李小姐!!!

2italy
29-06-2004, 05:54 PM
wow Chinese Muse fans... very cool

ArtisticView
04-07-2004, 04:14 PM
wow Chinese Muse fans... very cool

haha. indeed.
however all Muse's fans are cool. ;)

2italy
13-07-2004, 10:37 PM
haha. indeed.
however all Muse's fans are cool. ;)
true, true.

that'd be cool to visit China some day.

ArtisticView
18-07-2004, 03:15 PM
true, true.

that'd be cool to visit China some day.

haha. yeah, it'll be cool to visit China.
but not all chinese Muse fans are from China. :)

huifung
18-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Now You guys have got another Muse fan from Hong Kong

And I want Muse in Hong Kong so Much :LOL:

Space Dementia,Citizen Erased,New Born,Apocalypse Please, Stockholm Syndrome,Hysteria, The Small print, Fury And Ruled By Secrecy
are so great

They Are my all time favourites

I want to see muse live but i have no money to fly to anywhere else
so they must fly to Hong Kong to offer me one of the best time of my life
HEHE

Somehow I have found that Matt have changed my singing style[ Well I can see the shadow of Jeff Buckley in Matt], Now I sing Like half-Thom Yorke of Radiohead And half-Matt

And Muse have improve my Sensitivity toward Music[not only vocal-singing or lyrics effect], now my emotion can be more easily affected by Music, even pure Instrumental piece

So now i can play my Violin better[As i'm more sensitive to music]
And Now from violin, i start to sense that I'm like Matt
--can be so emotional
I didn't sense it before as i always have self -control
Maybe there's too much control, but not freedom :unsure:

ArtisticView
21-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Now You guys have got another Muse fan from Hong Kong

And I want Muse in Hong Kong so Much :LOL:

Space Dementia,Citizen Erased,New Born,Apocalypse Please, Stockholm Syndrome,Hysteria, The Small print, Fury And Ruled By Secrecy
are so great

They Are my all time favourites

I want to see muse live but i have no money to fly to anywhere else
so they better fly to Hong Kong to offer me one of the best time of my life
HEHE

Somehow I have found that Matt have changed my singing style[ Well I can see the shadow of Jeff Buckley in Matt], Now I sing Like half-Thom Yorke of Radiohead And half-Matt

And Muse have improve my Sensitivity toward Music[not only vocal-singing or lyrics effect], now my emotion can be more easily affected by Music, even pure Instrumental piece

So now i can play my Violin better[As i'm more sensitive to music]
And Now from violin, i start to sense that I'm like Matt
can be so emotional
I didn't sense it before as i always have self -control
Maybe there's too much control, but not freedom :unsure:

hmm.. your post sounds familiar.

huifung
22-07-2004, 04:33 PM
hmm.. your post sounds familiar.

This is my first post. And that is what i want to share from heart, I want to check out if others have same feeling as me.

But no one notices me! I think it is because this post is at the bottom of page 8 of this thread.

So i put up a new thread using some points in this post
And the thread is 'What changes has Muse brought to you', And the feedback is excellent! [you guys are awesome!]

If u find such kind of repeating annoying, i apology for this.
.....but i just want to share my feeling and have some feedback
sorry :stunned:

e_kee
23-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Hong Kong!!!!

yay! my people listen to good music. LOL
if they play HK, i probably will fly back just to see the show. :p

ArtisticView
25-07-2004, 02:05 PM
This is my first post. And that is what i want to share from heart, I want to check out if others have same feeling as me.

But no one notice me! I thought it is because this post is at the bottom of page 8 of this thread.

So i put up a new thread using some points in this post
And the thread is 'What changes has Muse brought to you', And the feedback is excellent! [you guy are awesome!]

If u find such kind of repeating annoying, i apology for this.
.....but i just want to share my feeling and have some feedback
sorry :stunned:

no no, it's not annoying. sorry, maybe my post's too short. haha!
i read the post 'What changes has Muse brought to you' before reading this post, so it sounded familiar. :) not offended. :happy:
eitherway, welcome to the small chinese muse fan community. :D

glasskite
01-08-2004, 02:22 AM
See, chinese, i can speak it, i can read it, i understand when its being spoken in cantonese and mandarin, however, I cannot type in it. Software is a problem too, if i have the stuff installed, it fucks up my scripts when i'm typing and reading in english.

Just because we're chinese doesn't mean we necessarily live in china. Or mean that we see chinese as our first language. It is an international forum, and to be honest, english is the most common language thats gonna be spoken.

And I could use the same criticisms here, so why are some of you on an ENGLISH FORUM but yet you have a such a terrible sense of grammar? You don't take offence at the lack of chinese being typed in here, and i'll keep quiet about you lot being utter balls at english grammar.

I'm completely contradicting myself here, but hell.

Sorry to drag that up again. I HAD to reply. Just that uppity chinese people who get petty about being nationalistic irritate me to buggery.

e_kee
02-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Just that uppity chinese people who get petty about being nationalistic irritate me to buggery.

well said.

huifung
02-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Actually, being a chinese, I do think cantonese/mandarin are my primary language. But the system of chinese words is so complicated that typing is very difficult. That's why not all chinese can type chinese words.

And the fact is typing English is much easier and this language is more popular, we all use english in this site. I am proud of cantonese/mandarin, but typing english is time-saving. And so i use english but not cantonese/mandarin.

About our english, i think the language skill is more important than grammar. Actually, when u pay more attention, almost all grammar mistakes can be eliminated. However, language skills like use of words [situation, circumstances, occasion have similar meaning] are quite vague. We even don't know how to improve these and no books tells us about these. Maybe reading can help, but no many chinese love reading english books.

I apology if I have made lots of mistakes in my replies, but i will try hard to make sure that my english is good enough that my meaning is not distorted. ;)

glasskite
02-08-2004, 10:24 AM
well said.
Thank you, actually I was hoping it'd make some of them go running for their english/chinese translators lol.

And Huifung, mistakes are alright since its not your native tongue.

iiduce100
10-08-2004, 09:15 AM
wow, lots of things were going on since my last visit here

The_Cakemaker
15-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Hey there I'm Chinese too, and muse will be releasing, what I think will be a double A-side, single Apocalypse Please and Butterflies & Hurricanes!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO

Tangerine
15-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I'm Chinese. Well I'm from Taiwan but I moved to Canada when I was 6 haha. But I still count as Chinese/Taiwanese don't I =D w00t w00t

My mandarin isn't really good. But I can try ahahhaa >_>;

e_kee
18-08-2004, 08:25 PM
im half taiwanese. my mandarin has gone way way way downhill now since i dont speak it much.

Life must hate me
23-08-2004, 12:59 PM
wow, lots of things were going on since my last visit here

Hmmm... same here...

I though just maybe people on this board had stopped bickering with each other, but no...
Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you get enough people together, but its so much nicer when people get along...

Anyway... I couldn't go to V. so I taped it off T.V and the radio...

Sad, huh?

ArtisticView
24-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Hmmm... same here...

I though just maybe people on this board had stopped bickering with each other, but no...
Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you get enough people together, but its so much nicer when people get along...

Anyway... I couldn't go to V. so I taped it off T.V and the radio...

Sad, huh?

but at least you get to tape it? ;) don't be sad. i mean, I can't even watch it. :'(

Tangerine
24-08-2004, 06:21 PM
same
being on another continent sure sucks sometimes >_>

iiduce100
25-08-2004, 04:15 AM
I am indeed very looking forward to this year's Rockit in Hong Kong.

zipperer
25-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I doubt if Rockit can invite them to play in HK as they'll be taking a break soon. I hate the fact that they always play in Japan!
I'm furoius :mad:

iiduce100
25-08-2004, 03:48 PM
I doubt if Rockit can invite them to play in HK as they'll be taking a break soon. I hate the fact that they always play in Japan!
I'm furoius :mad:

of course they won't come in this year Rockit, but now we got at least The Cooper Temple Clause

wkdangel
25-08-2004, 03:57 PM
It's funny you should mention that cos you might've heard this already but apparently one of the members from Cooper Temple Clause broke Chris's wrist in a game of footie. So you can blame that guy for Muse not coming maybe.

ArtisticView
25-08-2004, 03:59 PM
It's funny you should mention that cos you might've heard this already but apparently one of the members from Cooper Temple Clause broke Chris's wrist in a game of footie. So you can blame that guy for Muse not coming maybe.

:eek: well that's new to me. didn't know about that.

Tangerine
25-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Haha, I don't think he purposely broke his wrist XD
They were playing football together and he broke it by accident. Hopefully. Haha

iiduce100
26-08-2004, 02:50 AM
:eek: well that's new to me. didn't know about that.

that's new to me as well, I know Christ's wrist is hurt, but don't know how it was hurt. Anyway, getting Muse to Hong Kong is kind of unrealistic now (the same thing goes for Radiohead & Blur, my two other all-time favourites), I am happy with what we are getting now.

by the way, anyone here going to see Mogwai at HITEC?

glasskite
31-08-2004, 02:47 PM
of course they won't come in this year Rockit, but now we got at least The Cooper Temple Clause
The coopers are NOT playing hong kong are they!?!

iiduce100
01-09-2004, 10:16 AM
The coopers are NOT playing hong kong are they!?!

yes, they are playing Hong Kong in October

glasskite
01-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Where did you find this out though?

iiduce100
01-09-2004, 03:14 PM
http://www.rockit-hk.com

I bet you must not live in Hong Kong now, all Hong Kong people are longing for them now

e_kee
01-09-2004, 09:20 PM
HK gets better gigs now that i dont live there anymore. grr...

oh well.

TCTC are good. i was very impressed at Curiosa.

glasskite
02-09-2004, 01:32 AM
I'm SOOOOOOOOO going to cry...... :'( No I don't live in HK now.... shame really.

Those bloody coopers boys, they said they'd tell me if they were playing Hong Kong, I would have saved them money on hiring a tour guide dammit....

*is one of TCTC's huge fans*

e_kee
02-09-2004, 02:59 AM
:'( No I don't live in HK now....

where do you live now?

iiduce100
02-09-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm SOOOOOOOOO going to cry...... :'( No I don't live in HK now.... shame really.

Those bloody coopers boys, they said they'd tell me if they were playing Hong Kong, I would have saved them money on hiring a tour guide dammit....

*is one of TCTC's huge fans*

oh, you are friends of them?

glasskite
02-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I live in the UK, basically I've met them enough times that they know me by name and I can have proper conversations with them as opposed to just talking about the gig and the music and how much I love them.

iiduce100
02-09-2004, 12:23 PM
i see, so you mean you want to come to Hong Kong with them and show them around?

glasskite
02-09-2004, 12:30 PM
i see, so you mean you want to come to Hong Kong with them and show them around?
Indeed lol. That and cos I've never been drinking in Hong Kong and they're always up for that.

Fuzzywz
16-09-2004, 05:26 AM
I'm Chinese-Canadian and i listen to Muse religously. So stoked that they are coming to Calgary (October 25!!!) . . . got me tickets i did :D

Muse doesn't get much, if any, air play in this city so i was really surprised that they decided to come out here (or that a promoter was willing). I was disappointed to miss the Vancouver show in April :mad: - if i knew i would have drove/flown out there to seen them for sure. I thought that i missed out . . . but hot damn, fortunately my prayers have been answered!!! :happy:

Geezer516
16-09-2004, 06:27 AM
Hi everyone
I am from HongKong
and i just watched Muse live gig in Brisbane last sunday
i just wanan said its one of the Best live gig in Brisbane this year
and i wish muse could go to HongKong i nthe future
~~

iiduce100
26-09-2004, 02:42 PM
and i wish muse could go to HongKong i nthe future
~~

I doubt it, they are too famous now, and I am sure it will involve high cost to invite them, which makes it hard for Hong Kong organizers to achieve that

jl1030
03-10-2004, 07:59 AM
I am a Catonese Muse Fan in HK.
Love Muse's music so much

Interstellar
03-10-2004, 09:43 AM
冇人打中文o既 .. :LOL:

chineseanny
17-10-2004, 01:23 AM
:p [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Narrow]
hi every body,
I'm from china.Here actually are only a few people know muse.That makes me very disappointed. :'( :'(
Also It is hard to get their cds.I only have their last album.Where can i listen to their another two albums? :$

tiago
17-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi! Well...actually, there are another 3 albums...You can buy the cds from this site --- http://www.swagshop.com/store/muse/

The other cds are Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry and Hullabaloo. (And if you enjoy it a lot, and have enough money you can buy the singles too! :D )

You can also download from the internet bur i dont know if that's a good thing to say in the OFFICIAL forum...so, the best to do is buy the cds!!!

Enjoy and welcome! :D

C
17-10-2004, 05:44 PM
:p [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Narrow]
hi every body,
I'm from china.Here actually are only a few people know muse.That makes me very disappointed. :'( :'(
Also It is hard to get their cds.I only have their last album.Where can i listen to their another two albums? :$

Hello :happy:

I would love it if not that many people around me new about muse. Don't ask me why i just like to feel special. :rolleyes:
Thats annoying about the CD situation. try www.museandamuse.com Its a fansite, you can listen to most of their songs. :)

tiago
17-10-2004, 05:55 PM

I would love it if not that many people around me new about muse. Don't ask me why i just like to feel special. :rolleyes:
Thats annoying about the CD situation. try www.museandamuse.com Its a fansite, you can listen to most of their songs. :)

Well...I have to admit that I also feel that sometimes... :D but in a good thinking way, I guess that we must "infect" everyone with the "MUSE DISEASE" !!! :D

cheers!

C
17-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Well...I have to admit that I also feel that sometimes... :D but in a good thinking way, I guess that we must "infect" everyone with the "MUSE DISEASE" !!! :D

cheers!

lol Yea, sometimes i feel i don't want them to get any bigger cos annoying people who have no idea what their talking about will be like, oh yea muse! i've heard of them. :rolleyes: it just irritates me.

tiago
17-10-2004, 06:04 PM
:) yeah agree 100%

iiduce100
18-10-2004, 07:08 AM
lol Yea, sometimes i feel i don't want them to get any bigger cos annoying people who have no idea what their talking about will be like, oh yea muse! i've heard of them. :rolleyes: it just irritates me.

what do you mean?

chineseanny
18-10-2004, 11:26 AM
:) Thanks you all!
But it is very hard to find them than you can imagin.
Iam also busy with my learning.(I am in china ,so the pressure …)
Our school have a kind and beautiful English teacher! :LOL: She comes from london.
Does anybody want to recommend some music you like to me? :rolleyes:

C
18-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Our school have a kind and beautiful English teacher! :LOL: She comes from london.

I have a chinese penpal and she's always telling me how much work she has to do and stuff lol it makes me feel lazy :)

C
18-10-2004, 03:35 PM
what do you mean?

well...er..um. kind of hard to explain. Do you know the type of people that criticise your music everything you wear, what you do. Then say your talking about muse and they go oh yea muse i know them...their crap.
Also i've never found a band at the beginging of their career, like i found muse around the time of OOS. And i always here people on here going on about how great the showbiz days were and it just seems so nice. So i guess is a bit of a personal reason why i wouldn't want then getting bigger......lolI've think i've made you more confused. :unsure:

i really don't think i've explained myself properly, sorry

philter
18-10-2004, 03:47 PM
:) 灵感 <-What does this mean?

Jette
18-10-2004, 03:48 PM
well...er..um. kind of hard to explain. Do you know the type of people that criticise your music everything you wear, what you do. Then say your talking about muse and they go oh yea muse i know them...their crap.
Also i've never found a band at the beginging of their career, like i found muse around the time of OOS. And i always here people on here going on about how great the showbiz days were and it just seems so nice. So i guess is a bit of a personal reason why i wouldn't want then getting bigger......lolI've think i've made you more confused. :unsure:

i know EXACTLY what you mean

even worse is 'oh you like muse? oh i loooove that song sing for absolution, do you know that?'

C
18-10-2004, 03:51 PM
i know EXACTLY what you mean

even worse is 'oh you like muse? oh i loooove that song sing for absolution, do you know that?'

yep yep it just irritates me sooo much

iiduce100
18-10-2004, 03:58 PM

type Chinese, I can read Chinese

iiduce100
18-10-2004, 03:59 PM

recommendation? what sort of style do you prefer?

C
18-10-2004, 04:00 PM
type Chinese, I can read Chinese

I can't type chinese.

Interstellar
18-10-2004, 04:25 PM

Hello ;)

I'm not going to judge you but I think it's quite selfish that not let others to know something great , I love Muse too but I don't think I'd be more special if there's only me know more things about Muse than others . :LOL:

C
18-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Hello ;)

I'm not going to judge you but I think it's quite selfish that not let others to know something great , I love Muse too but I don't think I'd be more special if there's only me know more things about Muse than others . :LOL:

lol Yea i know its being very slefish and i don't want to deprive people of a great band, but thats just how i feel sometimes, i don't mean to. :)

iiduce100
19-10-2004, 01:56 AM
what were you thinking, C? what makes you think that, C? I always want to recommend good music to my friends, and you are totally the opposite.

chineseanny
19-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Well,灵感means muse in chinese.
There is somebody can speak chinese,right?
Which country do you live in right now?
Just recommend somthing you like :)
Does anybody have seen muse live?Talk about it ,OK? :rolleyes:

tiago
19-10-2004, 10:34 PM
I've seen Muse twice here in Portugal but the first I didn't paid too much attention because I still wasn't into the Muse scene...but the 2nd time (this year june 9th) it was one of the best days of my life (and no, i'm not overreacting!)...I almost cried :rolleyes: It was...just beatiful...!

:D

iiduce100
20-10-2004, 02:44 PM

The Cooper Temple Clause (new britpop), Ladytron (80's electronica beat), Flaming Lips (amazing U.S. band), Mogwai (post-rock), Portishead, Massive Attack (trip-hop), Lamb, Morcheeba (radio-friendly electronic), Prodigy (big beat), Super Fury Animals (Welsh band), Kasabian (new brit band, sort of primal scream style)

and etc.

C
21-10-2004, 03:39 PM
what were you thinking, C? what makes you think that, C? I always want to recommend good music to my friends, and you are totally the opposite.

My mmmmmmmiind please stop aasking me to deescribe......Of cource i'd recommend them to my friends. Its just the people who you know that even if you tried they wouldn't like it, yea know stuff like that.

C
21-10-2004, 03:39 PM
...I'm such a selfish cow. :unsure:.........But i'm not as selfish as i ised to be i know that. :rolleyes: oh nevermind, i will open my mind......nnn.....now! :)

chineseanny
22-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Hello ;)

The logo you use (a boy on it) looks so familiar.Who is he? :confused:
Are you in hong kong? :rolleyes:

philter
22-10-2004, 06:04 PM
The logo you use (a boy on it) looks so familiar.Who is he? :confused:
Are you in hong kong? :rolleyes:
familiar? haha. such a handsome boy isn't he?You know what? I love him. HHHHHHHHeeeeeehhhh...Mwhahahahwha.

iiduce100
23-10-2004, 06:12 PM
yawn

philter
24-10-2004, 03:11 AM
yawn

blueafroken
04-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Another Chinese Muse fan here... in Auckland, New Zealand...
... just went to their Auckland show in September, and it was amazing.. Managed to get front row centre, and got good pics and vids.. and my friend met them, I'm so jealous.. :(
.. I can't complain though, made off with the massive promo poster...I just can't get enough of them, it's my ambition to meet them at least 1ce and can't stop listening to their 'New Song' at the moment.. if anyone can make out the lyrics, pray share! :D
oh yeah, if anyone's interested in some vids/pics for the AK show, feel free to email me at theoriginallisa@hotmail.com, as long as there's MUSE in the subject, i'll be happy to reply..
I apologise for being random, but i never know what to say in these things

chubby_baby
05-11-2004, 12:05 AM
i'm a CBC! canadian born chinese. :)
i just saw the muse concert in toronto on monday! it was awsome
so yea... just showing my chinese PRIDE! hehehe... :LOL:

e_kee
09-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Its been a while. Just thought I'd say hi.
Hope all is well with my fellow Chinese Muse fans.

clausia
14-11-2004, 06:03 AM
hey,guys!
of course I'm Chinese!

Is this site support Chinese?

philter
14-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Another Chinese Muse fan here... in Auckland, New Zealand...
... just went to their Auckland show in September, and it was amazing.. Managed to get front row centre, and got good pics and vids.. and my friend met them, I'm so jealous.. :(
.. I can't complain though, made off with the massive promo poster...I just can't get enough of them, it's my ambition to meet them at least 1ce and can't stop listening to their 'New Song' at the moment.. if anyone can make out the lyrics, pray share! :D
oh yeah, if anyone's interested in some vids/pics for the AK show, feel free to email me at theoriginallisa@hotmail.com, as long as there's MUSE in the subject, i'll be happy to reply..
I apologise for being random, but i never know what to say in these things
I've been to Auckland. There were so many, so many, so many Chinese there. Haha...

Hello, nice to meet you! :)

e_kee
22-11-2004, 05:44 PM

what?

is that simplified chinese? cos i cant read it.

lonelymusic
28-11-2004, 03:21 PM

great ! im Chinese too.
i only saw their show on vcd,however it have brought thrills to me so much
some ppl also translate "muse" into 缪斯--- more complicated characters :p

apple999
29-11-2004, 03:40 PM
hellow :)

apple999
29-11-2004, 03:44 PM
wassa

Darkshines
29-11-2004, 03:54 PM
i'm a CBC! canadian born chinese. :)
i just saw the muse concert in toronto on monday! it was awsome
so yea... just showing my chinese PRIDE! hehehe... :LOL:

me too!

*hugs*

I am no longer alone..hahah...

shame i didnt catch that concert..nobody would go with me because nobody i know knows muse :(

e_kee
29-11-2004, 08:07 PM
aww my friend was at the toronto show as well. she was persuading me to fly up there.
i would totally go for it if i hadnt booked a trip the weekend before. :(

but i AM going to see muse in 6 days!!!
im so excited!

iiduce100
01-12-2004, 04:15 PM
aww my friend was at the toronto show as well. she was persuading me to fly up there.
i would totally go for it if i hadnt booked a trip the weekend before. :(

but i AM going to see muse in 6 days!!!
im so excited!

have a good show, post some pictures from the front row, haha....

Flux
05-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Hey guys i only just found this thread lol. I'm also chinese, anyone going to muse gig at Earls Court on 20th?

e_kee
08-12-2004, 06:08 PM
have a good show, post some pictures from the front row, haha....

nah i wasnt at the front. but good show nonetheless.

Darkshines
08-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Hey guys i only just found this thread lol. I'm also chinese, anyone going to muse gig at Earls Court on 20th?

oh my...is that a pic of a jap guy named gackt (or something like that) in your sig?? so funny..my friends have the biggest crush on that guy :LOL: which i can't understand cuz
i think he looks like a girl :unsure: don't hurt me

oh and it would be cool if i could go to the Earl's Court gig, but being the fact that i live in Canada, don't see any way of that happening :(

Flux
08-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Hey Darkshines., um ya that is indeed Gackt, guys a legend :happy: awww too bad u can't make it to earls court i'm saying i'm going but i still haven't recieved my ticket yet lol. My order trackers still says the tickets out of stock and the gigs like in a week and a bit lol. I'm actually getting a bit worried.

Darkshines
08-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Hey Darkshines., um ya that is indeed Gackt, guys a legend :happy: awww too bad u can't make it to earls court i'm saying i'm going but i still haven't recieved my ticket yet lol. My order trackers still says the tickets out of stock and the gigs like in a week and a bit lol. I'm actually getting a bit worried.

oh my, that IS bad :unsure:
hope those tickets get to you in time! and report back after the show if you can ;)

Flux
09-12-2004, 09:35 PM
will do

iiduce100
22-12-2004, 03:47 PM
yeah, I want to know too.

Flux
23-12-2004, 03:05 AM
hey guys i went to the earls court gig on monday (my tickets came eventually). It was so amazing, i saw them last year at the NEC, but this time it was so much better. I sat at the front in Block 1 The atmosphere was magical especially at Blackout, Matt told everyone to get out their mobile phones and the whole stadium was lit up by everyones phones. They also released big white balloons with confete and smaller black balloons inside them all round the stadium during Blackout. For me that was the most wonderful part of the whole show, although the whole gig was amazing. O yeh they played DES aswell sounded pretty sweet. For those of you that have read the other thread about about this gig and think they played Deadstar, i'd like to just say NO THEY DID NOT PLAY DEADSTAR! lol. It was played on the 19th not 20th.
I have to say that was the best gig of my whole life, and the only band that might be able to top it is muse.

SweaterSheep
26-12-2004, 02:58 AM
great ! im Chinese too.
i only saw their show on vcd,however it have brought thrills to me so much
some ppl also translate "muse" into 缪斯--- more complicated characters :p

uhg... 缪斯 sounds just retarded... but muse would be hard to translate literally, lol

Life must hate me
11-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Wow, its been a long time since I was last in here...

Anyway for those Muse fans who live in HK, I have a tape of Dom saying that they would like to go to HK, so maybe soon... (not just of him saying that, I'm not that sad... it was when absolution was being previewed... I jumped all around the room, when they announced it on the radio...)

Oh and I'm going to HK for the first time since I was a baby, in February!!!

BTW any chinese from Germany??? rather random but yeah...

Mastruda
17-01-2005, 06:42 AM
:cool:
I am brand new here..
wanna find someone from my country
hahahahahahaha
plez answer me lol

Mastruda
17-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Anyone?

Thats stupid it say my post has to be at least 10 characters long ....
WELL,
這裡有TAIWAN人嗎
YAYAYA

Mastruda
17-01-2005, 08:17 AM
one listen to country
one listen to x japan
so~

Plug in babe ... the intro pretty cool
:rolleyes:

Mastruda
17-01-2005, 08:20 AM
I am from Taiwan.
so ...ignore the political shxt
I am a Chinese Muse fan!

I listen to
Radiohead, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Tori Amos, Matthew Good, Tea Party, Silverchair, Placebo, Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilot, and now Muse!
haha
Find one
hi,

Mastruda
17-01-2005, 08:41 AM
:p :indiff: ah Taiwan doesn't have enough English-music listener as far as I know... I am in Vancouver now.

oh...maybe some guys from Tw really immerse themselves in " Japan fashion "
or "Korean tv" huh...but on the NY post, "Korean-pop" fades not all the time .lol
I am from Taiwan and I meet countless ppl ..they listen countless kinds of music.... just be free in music World, that;s true huh~regardless of language.

Darkshines
17-01-2005, 11:15 PM
(refering to quote on post #201)
hey geminiz likes--or rather--knows matt good!! *hugs* :D
Are you canadian?? because i just cannot imagine anyone outside of canada who would know who matt good is..haha

Mastruda
18-01-2005, 10:56 AM
no....the tickets are sold out..
I wish I haven't been drowning myself in A Perfect Circle and Velvet Revolver the pass few months,
may I would have learned about the concert ahead...sigh~

2005 ,
I wanna see MUSE tour,
oh godness,,,,,
You must had saw it, aren't U?!

iiduce100
22-02-2005, 09:01 AM
there are both Hong Kong and China threads about it, we should combine it

e_kee
23-02-2005, 05:07 AM
WELL,
這裡有TAIWAN人嗎
YAYAYA

Im half-taiwanese :rolleyes:

glasskite
05-03-2005, 11:22 PM
What on earth has been going on since I last checked this thread 3 months ago?

iiduce100
29-03-2005, 06:14 PM
what's up Chinese musers

psychommunity
02-04-2005, 06:58 AM
what's up Chinese musers

hehe not bad, but im not really in china. i'm an abc [australian born chinese no no no NOT AMERICAN PEOPLE], and i really like muse.. i cant even speak chinese, ehe well not properly.. i was born in shanghai =D i'm half shanghai and half hong kong =P i never knew muse even existed in china.. lol 缪斯 what the fuck? sounds retarded lol they came to aust but i missed out i so badly hope they come back to australia or they're dead meat *shakes fist* hehe

e_kee
06-04-2005, 05:38 PM
lol 缪斯 what the fuck?

my thought exactly! :unsure:

philter
11-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Japan has been distoring history. Japan sucks. What do you guys think about that?

iiduce100
13-04-2005, 02:21 AM
Japan has been distoring history. Japan sucks. What do you guys think about that?

since when it leads to attacking the nation of Japan? come on.........
don't start it

philter
13-04-2005, 02:26 AM
since when it leads to attacking the nation of Japan? come on.........
don't start it
So you don't want to discuss. Don't worry I just started.

Saku
26-04-2005, 03:11 AM
Poof. Hong Kong born Muse fan here. Currently residing in United Soviet of Canuckistan. Nice to meet you. *bows asian style*

iiduce100
26-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Poof. Hong Kong born Muse fan here. Currently residing in United Soviet of Canuckistan. Nice to meet you. *bows asian style*

where is that, part of the old USSR? or Canada?

Saku
30-04-2005, 12:31 AM
where is that, part of the old USSR? or Canada?

Oops, didn't mean to confuse. I'm from Canada. A Canuck is a Canadian. The soviet part was just a joke >__>

iiduce100
01-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Oops, didn't mean to confuse. I'm from Canada. A Canuck is a Canadian. The soviet part was just a joke >__>

Canada is a nice country.

LINKIN
01-05-2005, 07:30 AM
[SIZE=3]Its just the people who you know that even if you tried they wouldn't like it, yea know stuff like that.
exactly.

wot's up fellow chinese musers?

KingArthur
03-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Hello!!
I'm an italian boy and I wish you visit my website. I play guitar in a muse cover band called "thorn of insanity". www.thornofinsanity.tk in this site you can see come pics of our gigs and a list of mp3 you can download.
Thanx!!
Bye,
Arthur.

iiduce100
24-06-2005, 06:34 PM
exactly.

wot's up fellow chinese musers?

just want to keep this thread alive

Meteora.stan
26-06-2005, 02:47 AM
Hey guys,New here!I didn't notice this Thread,so I Post a new thread^^Why can't we use Chinese?嘿各位,看见日本人都不管不顾地用日文说一大篇,咱们也支持下母语嘛!

iiduce100
26-06-2005, 05:13 AM
Hey guys,New here!I didn't notice this Thread,so I Post a new thread^^Why can't we use Chinese?嘿各位,看见日本人都不管不顾地用日文说一大篇,咱们也支持下母语嘛!

打中文方便些嗎.

Meteora.stan
26-06-2005, 07:12 AM
唯一不方便的就是别人看不懂,哈哈。
我们要随时准备跟人家解释咱家语言!
Hi Guys,wanna Learn Chinese?

Meteora.stan
26-06-2005, 07:17 AM
我弄不明白我怎么把图片弄成我的图标,能告诉我吗?
I Don‘t Understand How To Use The Signature,can Someone Tell Me?
为什么我有那么多人关心中国的时事政治?怎么没人关心我们这里的音乐信仰?
Why There’re Many People Who Are Intested In Chinese Politics?nobody Care About The Viewpoint Of Music?

Darkshines
27-06-2005, 07:42 PM

cool..an asian canadian muse fan! :D You're just like me :happy: *feels less alone* Wow..and your bday's in september too....freeeaky :stunned: haha

NoGirlSoSweet
29-06-2005, 11:14 AM
me is from taiwan. we have pretty much muse fans here too. e.g. my lil sister who is crazy for mr bellamy. lol. hmm...i'm wondering if i should start a taiwan thread since no one else has done it yet. anyway. hello ppl! nice to meet you all.

Meteora.stan
01-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Where do you guys buy the CD?I just wanna go to die because no MUSE's records can be found in Mainland China...!

Meteora.stan
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh and how did you guys ;) "discover" Muse?By chance,and then get to love them?

Darkshines
03-07-2005, 04:07 AM
Oh dear...mainland china?? Hmmm...i doubt that you'll find it there.haha..but here in Canada, it's pretty easy to find. Perhaps you should go to one of those bootleg stores? Illegally selling music seems to be a thing that us asians do :LOL: And as for how I discovered muse, it was from listening to TIRO on the radio (a lot of times actually-awesome :happy: ) and then i got curious, started downloading some songs, THEN fell in love..hehe. After that, I bought Absolution. Now, Muse are my fav band ;) Oh and by the way, cool that you like Travis (Not many muse fans who like travis here..which i can understand). They were one of my fav bands before muse came along!

aileen22
04-07-2005, 11:41 AM
hi, everyone.
i'm from shanghai and muse is my favourite.
glad to know that so many people from china love them...

Meteora.stan
06-07-2005, 12:31 PM
OH,REALLY?I mean,one who loves an English band must be a Brit-Rock lover^..^I must admit,I love Travis more than Muse...I like Oasis too!See my signature?I just LOVE the way Liam sings,and the way Dougie uses his bass^0^
I'm quite surprise,the people on this forum..they do not discuss music but others like "Meaning of life"..It's too serious for me..I just HOPE that more Chinese can discuss their feelings about music(especially Rock)with foreigner friends or maybe,strangers...
PS:I'd really like to go to HK someday,since many bands went there to do shows,really cool.

iiduce100
10-07-2005, 08:27 AM
PS:I'd really like to go to HK someday,since many bands went there to do shows,really cool.

Not really, only Suede/Post-Suede (i.e. The Tears) is the only bands that come to Hong Kong each time after releasing their albums.

Meteora.stan
27-08-2005, 04:47 PM
R.E.M. and AVRIL Lavigne,Linkin Park have been there too ...maybe someday Muse will appear.
I know The Tears held a concert,Aug 18th.Too sad i'm in classroom doing my test paper at that time.I live in Guangzhou,just near my dream,to see them!!!

Meteora.stan
30-08-2005, 07:49 AM
perhaps we should come here--this Chinese thread--more often...or other newcomer-Chinese couldn't find us.* :happy: *

iiduce100
09-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Avril Lavigne? Linking Park? come on, you shouldn't count them.

Darkshines
09-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Avril Lavigne and Linkin Park...god yes, don't include them *shudders* :stunned:

glasskite
11-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Haha. Yeah they're not bands.

Sometimes I feel really lucky that I didn't move back to Hong Kong a couple of years ago. I'd have died from the lack of gigs. Where do these bands play when they're in the country anyway?

Meteora.stan
20-09-2005, 05:13 AM
dunno...

Meteora.stan
20-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Avril Lavigne and Linkin Park...god yes, don't include them *shudders* :stunned:
alright..Then what about R.E.M and The Tear?!

Darkshines
28-09-2005, 11:08 PM
alright..Then what about R.E.M and The Tear?!

R.E.M is okay i guess. As for The Tear, hmm...i've never heard of em :confused:

Meteora.stan
01-10-2005, 08:08 AM
Sorry about that,it's The Tears
BrettXX and Bernard XX,you know,guys from Suede.

iiduce100
02-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Haha. Yeah they're not bands.

Sometimes I feel really lucky that I didn't move back to Hong Kong a couple of years ago. I'd have died from the lack of gigs. Where do these bands play when they're in the country anyway?

九展, 會展.

Meteora.stan
03-10-2005, 05:04 AM
开演唱会的好地方!~~

Darkshines
07-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Sorry about that,it's The Tears
BrettXX and Bernard XX,you know,guys from Suede.

hmmm..still doesn't ring a bell..haha
As for Suede, that band sounds really familiar....

Meteora.stan
08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
:eek: OH!!you didn't MEAN to tell me that, did u?
Suede was one of the greatest Brit-pop bands(at least they rocks..),but now it's just not exist anymore...you should go to find the video The Tears made,"Lovers",really cool to see Brett and Bernard together again...
Anyway,check it first :cool:

Darkshines
10-10-2005, 07:30 PM
:eek: OH!!you didn't MEAN to tell me that, did u?
Suede was one of the greatest Brit-pop bands(at least they rocks..),but now it's just not exist anymore...you should go to find the video The Tears made,"Lovers",really cool to see Brett and Bernard together again...
Anyway,check it first :cool:

One of the greatest Brit-pop bands?! I must be living under a rock not to know that then..hahah..Well guess i must check em out then. ;)

Meteora.stan
23-10-2005, 02:44 AM
hope u like it :happy:

glasskite
26-10-2005, 02:57 AM
One of the greatest Brit-pop bands?! I must be living under a rock not to know that then..hahah..Well guess i must check em out then. ;)
That must have been a huge, huge rock. :p

And the ones typing in chinese at me, that still doesn't help. My grasp of chinese is limited when it comes to reading.

Meteora.stan
29-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I know this board is for Muse discussion but forgive my curiosity,i want to ask you the ppl abroad,who do you listen(or what type of music) oftenly?How about Franz Ferdinand? or someone else?

Meteora.stan
09-11-2005, 02:54 PM
okay...i don't want this thread to sink to the bottom,so i'm inviting someone to speak here too!i believed the Chinese ppl are always busy...no matter in our own country or others...see?long time they didn't appear!only me.