L.
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Thread for gig attendees

newborn_assasin
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
so it begins...

TheDarkShines
07-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Gonna try and get tickets....I hope i'm lucky :)

MrsRaven
07-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Tickets applied for - now fingers crossed for the next few days!

JStarks
07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
I have applied for the Birmingham dates, here's hoping :D

Be my first Muse gig!

OriginOfGeorgia
07-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Hm. Unsure whether to go to this date or one of the London ones?:stunned:

TheDarkShines
07-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Hm. Unsure whether to go to this date or one of the London ones?:stunned:

Which ever one is easiest to get to for you, london second night will probably have a better setlist though.

Azzy_p
08-06-2012, 08:14 AM
I've applied for tickets :) Really hope I get them, I enjoyed the birmingham show on TR tour, and that's why i chose brum again, both manchester and glasgow are less distance for me to travel but the LG arena looks sexy and I remember on TR tour they premiered the live playing of MK Ultra at the NIA in birmingham, so made that night super awesome! :D

Damn i hope i get tickets :\ tbh I hope that theres just enough people applied for birmingham tickets that everyone gets some :D

OriginOfGeorgia
08-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Which ever one is easiest to get to for you, london second night will probably have a better setlist though.
I know, I know. Birmingham would be so much easier but London is.. London. Going to both would just be ridiculous for prices. I don't know. :supersad:

I've applied for tickets :) Really hope I get them, I enjoyed the birmingham show on TR tour, and that's why i chose brum again, both manchester and glasgow are less distance for me to travel but the LG arena looks sexy and I remember on TR tour they premiered the live playing of MK Ultra at the NIA in birmingham, so made that night super awesome! :D
THIS! :LOL:

Azzy_p
08-06-2012, 08:55 AM
THIS! :LOL:

But you know what they say... lightning never strikes the same place twice :P

muse2503
08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
So I live in Birmingham but when they come here I will be in my first month of uni in Cornwall Great timing. But I've still applied for tickets and I really hope I get a job so I can afford the train to get here, I've never seen them before arghhh I need to

TheDarkShines
08-06-2012, 12:52 PM
So I live in Birmingham but when they come here I will be in my first month of uni in Cornwall Great timing. But I've still applied for tickets and I really hope I get a job so I can afford the train to get here, I've never seen them before arghhh I need to

Haha I live in cornwall at the minute and im travelling up to Birmingham (if i get tickets!)

forevermusic
08-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Hmmmm I live halfway between London and Birmingham but last train back from Birmingham is about an hour earlier than it is from London.

Either way I might come this if I can't get a London ticket.

muse2503
08-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Haha I live in cornwall at the minute and im travelling up to Birmingham (if i get tickets!)

I hate how cut off cornwall is from the rest of the country so I was hoping they'd go back to Devon and do a Plymouth gig... ah well, preparing to spend all my money :)

TheDarkShines
08-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I hate how cut off cornwall is from the rest of the country so I was hoping they'd go back to Devon and do a Plymouth gig... ah well, preparing to spend all my money :)

Lived in Devon for half my life and Cornwall for the other half, its so bad for gigs :( Only advantage was being lucky to be on the bridge they ran across with the olympic torch :LOL:

Plymouth gig? No chance, only time they have played in Devon (where they always used to complain no big bands came to play) was the one off teignmouth gig..annoys me they dont play where they came from :noey:

I'm prepared to travel whereever though :D

muse2503
08-06-2012, 10:06 PM
I was hoping they would play where they came from apart from that one off Teignmouth gig... ah well, if you've gotta travel you've gotta travel.
Just want to point out, not as many people are posting in this thread as in the other UK threads so maybe we have a better chance for a presale ticket ;)

TheDarkShines
09-06-2012, 12:37 AM
I was hoping they would play where they came from apart from that one off Teignmouth gig... ah well, if you've gotta travel you've gotta travel.
Just want to point out, not as many people are posting in this thread as in the other UK threads so maybe we have a better chance for a presale ticket ;)

This is exactly what I was thinking :awesome: But I guess we have to bear in mind that there are less tickets for Birmingham than london and manchester gigs :(

Just applied for mine earlier, fingers crossed

alit
09-06-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm not applying even though I live about 20 miles from the arena - I've not got a way to get home after as it won't finish until near 11pm which I think is the curfew there. My last train is about 11.20 from Birmingham snow hill - I'd be lucky to get back to New Street by 11.30 - 45pm so can't see how I'd get home. Also got work on gig day and the next day.

Worked out London ticket, hotel and train would be about 200 so that's out too.

Shame to miss this but will save me money!

Hope everyone gets the tickets they want!

Pip
09-06-2012, 12:08 PM
so it begins...

OMG! It's Mr Marlay Dressing Gown! :kiss:

I'm not applying even though I live about 20 miles from the arena - I've not got a way to get home after as it won't finish until near 11pm which I think is the curfew there. My last train is about 11.20 from Birmingham snow hill - I'd be lucky to get back to New Street by 11.30 - 45pm so can't see how I'd get home. Also got work on gig day and the next day.

Worked out London ticket, hotel and train would be about 200 so that's out too.

Shame to miss this but will save me money!

Hope everyone gets the tickets they want!

You seriously need to learn to drive Ali!

Boz
09-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Live 30 minutes south of birmingham but starting uni in october in the north east. Worked out trains to all the gigs, manchester would be closest but the train would still be 2 hours which means the last train would be an hour before the gig would end :'(

If only the LG gig was on the weekend it would give an excuse to come back down but no :(

ecco_luke
09-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I can't find seated tickets announced anywhere on Muse's website, so I emailed the LG Arena and they said that "seated tickets would be on sale Friday 15th June, at an as-yet undisclosed price".

They're dearer this time as well; I saw them two years ago at the same venue and paid about 45 all in - it's about 64 this time (for standing tickets, anyway). I know they're playing less UK dates than before (I think), so I guess that explains the price increase. I'm a music student, so just hope I can make my money last until September!

Batman.
09-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Live 30 minutes south of birmingham but starting uni in october in the north east. Worked out trains to all the gigs, manchester would be closest but the train would still be 2 hours which means the last train would be an hour before the gig would end :'(

If only the LG gig was on the weekend it would give an excuse to come back down but no :(

Check trains back to places close to you! I live in Doncaster, and there aren't any trains back from Manchester to there that late either, but I checked for other places, and there's a train back to Sheffield, which is pretty close to me - and it's more reasonable to ask someone for a lift back from somewhere close to you.

alit
09-06-2012, 05:21 PM

You seriously need to learn to drive Ali!

It would be handy for gigs Pip I know - maybe one day! I'm really looking forward to hearing the new album but not planning to go to any gigs at the mo - as much as I'd love to its getting way over expensive but always got Musebay if I do change my mind!

alit
09-06-2012, 07:38 PM
For folks looking to go to the Birmingham gig I've seen Travelodge have some great prices the night of the gig (and night before for those wanting to get queuing early)

Travelodge at the airport on same complex 19

Both Sheldon and Yardley are on the 900 bus route between airport/lg arena those are 19/23 a night - family rooms sleep 3.

Premier Inn at airport is 82 non flexi and 89 flexi as in can cancel up to 1pm on the day - sleeps 2-3. Free parking too!

I guarantee these prices will rocket once tickets go on sale.

Hope that helps someone - at those hotel prices I'm beginning to wonder if it might be an option for me! I'd not even thought of that option!!!

muse2503
10-06-2012, 08:45 AM

I have the same problem only my uni is 5 hours away from Birmingham. I remembered that I only have a couple of lectures a week though so I'm risking it and if I have to miss one lecture then I will, is there any way you could do the same?

_silverrose_
10-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Definitely going :)

bellapod
10-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Going to this one.

alit
10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Applied for my ticket fingers crossed I'll get one!

Pip
10-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Good luck!

Azzy_p
10-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Well... It's all down to lady luck now... So there goes my chance of getting tickets then :P

saski86
10-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Definitely going :)

Yes, yes we are:awesome: *Positive vibes*:thumbsup:

alit
10-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Good luck!

Thanks and to you (and everyone else on here!) :)

TheGreatBrambini
11-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Yes, yes we are:awesome: *Positive vibes*:thumbsup:

Here's Me hoping that not many people applied for Birmingham tickets...
:$

saski86
11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Here's Me hoping that not many people applied for Birmingham tickets...
:$

We didn't, just hoping to get them in the general:;)

We're in the lottery with half the other Musers for 02 second night :unsure::eek:

TheGreatBrambini
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah looking around the forums it doesn't seem like many people have actually applied for Birmingham. Gotta think positive. Do we know how many tickets they have allocated per gig?

TheDarkShines
11-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah looking around the forums it doesn't seem like many people have actually applied for Birmingham. Gotta think positive. Do we know how many tickets they have allocated per gig?

Hmm I've been thinking that too, I have seen 15 people tops talking about applying on here and another 20 on twitter...

I'm not sure how many are allocated but even if its only 5% thats still over 700 tickets! :p

AloFury
11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
was great to see MK Ultra premiered at the NIA last time.. would be a crying shame to miss Brum this time round.

no1muse_girly
11-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Fingers crossed everyone!!
I applied for Birmingham pre-sale forgetting i'm moving to Glasgow in 3 weeks!!

Could turn out to be very expensive but a good excuse to come home for a few days!!

:D

Danni123
11-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Applied for Birmingham :)
Worried that i might not be accepted as my normal account i used 'Dannilovesmuse' doesn't receive emails from Muse anymore, even though i've had that account for 4 years now :/ So i applied using this one, but don't even remember making this account so no idea if it's new/old, turned out i wasn't joined on the forum but had a member account, so i joined this on Friday. Do you think the age of muse member account or the how long you've been joined on the forum will have an affect on getting tickets or not?

Azzy_p
11-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Applied for Birmingham :)
Worried that i might not be accepted as my normal account i used 'Dannilovesmuse' doesn't receive emails from Muse anymore, even though i've had that account for 4 years now :/ So i applied using this one, but don't even remember making this account so no idea if it's new/old, turned out i wasn't joined on the forum but had a member account, so i joined this on Friday. Do you think the age of muse member account or the how long you've been joined on the forum will have an affect on getting tickets or not?

Nah it shouldn't affect your chances, they said they'd be picking entries at random.

Danni123
11-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Nah it shouldn't affect your chances, they said they'd be picking entries at random.

Okay that's good :D Thanks!

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Hmm I've been thinking that too, I have seen 15 people tops talking about applying on here and another 20 on twitter...

I'm not sure how many are allocated but even if its only 5% thats still over 700 tickets! :p

I like THOSE Odds!:D

EDIT: Do we know when we find out exactly? All i know is at some point today? (says so on tickets.muse.mu)
The suspense is killing me! i don't think i have ever checked my emails so much in a short space of time..

Davy
12-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Haven't posted on here in absolutely ages.

I applied for this gig too so fingers crossed that we all get lucky! :)

I like THOSE Odds!:D

EDIT: Do we know when we find out exactly? All i know is at some point today? (says so on tickets.muse.mu)
The suspense is killing me! i don't think i have ever checked my emails so much in a short space of time..

We're meant to find out by tomorrow, so hopefully some time today.

LyraSilvertongue
12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Haven't posted on here in absolutely ages.

I applied for this gig too so fingers crossed that we all get lucky! :)

We're meant to find out by tomorrow, so hopefully some time today.

No, it's today. They changed it.

Davy
12-06-2012, 11:39 AM

Oh right, look forward to an email later today then. The money coming out of my bank not so much.

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi guys!

I've been a member of this site for years but never posted in the forums, only ever been a spectator!

I've applied for tickets for Brum too, I cant stop checking my bank account and emails to see if anything has gone through. So excited!!

Anyone elses money still in limbo? Mine has been deducted but no transaction yet :(

feel free to add me on FB too :) james_aferguson@hotmail.co.uk

LyraSilvertongue
12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi guys!

I've been a member of this site for years but never posted in the forums, only ever been a spectator!

I've applied for tickets for Brum too, I cant stop checking my bank account and emails to see if anything has gone through. So excited!!

Anyone elses money still in limbo? Mine has been deducted but no transaction yet :(

feel free to add me on FB too :) james_aferguson@hotmail.co.uk

Welcome to the board! And good luck.

muse2503
12-06-2012, 11:57 AM

Where did they say they changed it? It still says on the reminder that we get notified by Wednesday 13th June, I suppose that means we might find out today :stunned: ahhh suspense

matt <3 muse
12-06-2012, 12:06 PM
I missed out on the muse presale as i've been at Download all weekend, but will be getting tickets on thursday. Bloody 65 quid though??? Ridiculous. It's not going to stop me going, but my dad has been really excited to see them again since 2010. And i've had to tell him that tickets were 50 this time otherise he would just not justify the cost to himself. I know there worth it but spending 200 for just 3 of us makes my stomach churn...

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
If you go on tickets.muse.mu it says that people will be notified today :)

muse2503
12-06-2012, 12:19 PM
If you go on tickets.muse.mu it says that people will be notified today :)

That's awesomeee :D But I didn't prepare myself, I wonder what time we find out

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Hopefully within the next hour because i am getting bored of the hotmail screen :P

muse2503
12-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm just revising while waiting for someone to post that they've had the email, I bet they'll send them out in the only couple of hours I can't get to the computer today

zinterz
12-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Applied for two tickets. Still waiting for an email :(

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
The wait is killing me! :(

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 01:57 PM

Me too! I'm at work and can't keep my mind off this

zinterz
12-06-2012, 01:57 PM

^This :(

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Me too! I'm at work and can't keep my mind off this

Same here :( keep checking my emails on phone and boss is like "what's so interesting on your phone?!" :P

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 02:06 PM
We probably won't find out till about 7pm tonight, getting everyones attention all day building up suspense, how mean.

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Same here :( keep checking my emails on phone and boss is like "what's so interesting on your phone?!" :P

haha! im checking my bank balance with HSBC fast balance app on my iphone, emails on the work pc and checking the forums for news on pc too!!!

If i dont get tickets I will be so dissapointed :mad:

newborn_assasin
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM

why hello there!

ha no matter what i achieve in my life i will always be remembered for wearing a dressing gown to a muse gig...

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 02:55 PM
haha! im checking my bank balance with HSBC fast balance app on my iphone, emails on the work pc and checking the forums for news on pc too!!!

If i dont get tickets I will be so dissapointed :mad:

LOL! Im literally doing the EXACT same thing :P except checking emails on phone rather than PC :P but on the forums on work PC :P

*Off topic: It's a shame the fast balance app doesn't show pending transactions too, i'd find that useful

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
LOL! Im literally doing the EXACT same thing :P except checking emails on phone rather than PC :P but on the forums on work PC :P

*Off topic: It's a shame the fast balance app doesn't show pending transactions too, i'd find that useful

*since when do HSBC do useful things? lol

The suspense is killing me!!!! Literally feel sick haha! Sad isnt it.

Add me on FB dude :)

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
*since when do HSBC do useful things? lol

The suspense is killing me!!!! Literally feel sick haha! Sad isnt it.

Add me on FB dude :)

* Very true!

Me too, I suppose it is sad, but at the same time... It's Muse!

Aye will do!

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 03:10 PM
*off topic

Wonder if Muse have a large gay following lol

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 03:15 PM
*off topic

lol! Who knows :P

If there is a large gay following for Muse i'm betting the reason would be Dom :P

P.S - This is toooo off topic now :P back on topic.. I noticed someone else got ticket confirmation just now, anyone going to birmingham managed to get confirmation yet?

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 03:24 PM
lol! Who knows :P

If there is a large gay following for Muse i'm betting the reason would be Dom :P

P.S - This is toooo off topic now :P back on topic.. I noticed someone else got ticket confirmation just now, anyone going to birmingham managed to get confirmation yet?

haha well the music is the main reason, then Dom lol.

No nothing yet! Apparently its Glasgow that are getting confirmations. Getting really aggitated now

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
haha well the music is the main reason, then Dom lol.

No nothing yet! Apparently its Glasgow that are getting confirmations. Getting really aggitated now

Yup and glasgow is the first UK date.. think they're going in date order with the confirmations?

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 03:33 PM
They should have done it Alphabetical order just so Birmingham was First and we could be put out of our misery!

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 03:34 PM
They should have done it Alphabetical order just so Birmingham was First and we could be put out of our misery!

I agree! My heart is going a bizillion times a second :P

Niall
12-06-2012, 03:37 PM
*off topic

They have a following of large gays for sure :p

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I agree! My heart is going a bizillion times a second :P

mine too! Getting all clammy and flicking through screens and checking my phone at a million miles an hour!!!

Feels like im going on a first date or job interview lol

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 03:39 PM
They have a following of large gays for sure :p

what makes you say that lol?

Niall
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Has this gig got any tickets yet? I saw someone on twitter say they had, wasn't sure if they were just referring to the application. This is nerve wracking.

what makes you say that lol?

Eh, I'm tall and gay and I follow Muse, therefore, Muse have a large gay follow.

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Has this gig got any tickets yet? I saw someone on twitter say they had, wasn't sure if they were just referring to the application. This is nerve wracking.

Eh, I'm tall and gay and I follow Muse, therefore, Muse have a large gay follow.

haha awesome

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 04:09 PM

Lol! Brilliant logic!

Still no confirmation for me :( erkkk

METALLICAupto11
12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I still don't have an email about the tickets!! starting to worry that I screwed up the application now :eek: Has ANYBODY else got the email?!

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Nothing for me yet :(

alit
12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Anyone had a confirmation yet? I am glued to my phone whilst trying to sort tea, nothing yet!

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Nope nothing for me yet :(

no1muse_girly
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
nope not heard anything :'(

zinterz
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Other venues are having their emails sent. COME ONNNNN :(

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
So there is still hope as no-one appears to have had an email yet haha
As someone said to me earlier on ( i apologise i cant remember who)

*Positive vibes*

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Trust us to be last :P

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Still nothing for me either.

Just got home and straight on here checking frantically!!

will-2609
12-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Got my tickets :p

donmorgan
12-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Just had successful email for Birmingham..... Keep checking ...

Green Mamba
12-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Nothing yet, money is still in the account.

Please don't make me go through another general sale rush at 9AM. :stunned:

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Oh Yeaahh! Ima going to this gig!!! Confirmation has come through :)

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 05:00 PM

Mine hasnt, doesnt look like I'm going :(

no1muse_girly
12-06-2012, 05:02 PM
looks like im joining the 9am rush - ohh well i have done it many times over the last 13 odd yrs

zinterz
12-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Just had successful email for Birmingham..... Keep checking ...

Ahhhhhh refresh refresh refresh! :LOL:

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Hang tight guys there's still plenty time :)

IamTheUniverse88
12-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Just got my email!!! Wahoooooo

Azzy_p
12-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Just got my email!!! Wahoooooo

Nice one mate! See you there!

Also, answer your PM :P

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 05:33 PM
i have no email :(
on the plus side, it will make my day at work thursday a lot more interesting...

zinterz
12-06-2012, 05:34 PM
i have no email :(
on the plus side, it will make my day at work thursday a lot more interesting...

I thought they were emailing us if we get them and if we don't? Don't give up yet! :LOL:

TheGreatBrambini
12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I thought they were emailing us if we get them and if we don't? Don't give up yet! :LOL:

From what i have gathered, they are sending all the confirmation emails first, then just one email to all the REJECTS at the same time

Amycent
12-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Got me a ticket :LOL:

zinterz
12-06-2012, 05:45 PM
TICKETS! :D

Davy
12-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Confirmation just came through for me too. See you there folks!

TICKETS! :D

Nice one. Will I get to share a bed with you again?

TheDarkShines
12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
YESS I AM GOING TO SEE MUSE! Dream come true :D

zinterz
12-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Confirmation just came through for me too. See you there folks!

Nice one. Will I get to share a bed with you again?

If you want, baby ;)

Midgething
12-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Tiiiccckkkeeettttsssssssssssssssss :d:d:d:d:d

TheDarkShines
12-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Looks like most people have been lucky, yay! :D

MrsRaven
12-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes! Got my tickets!! Roll on October :)

zinterz
12-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Taken a THIRD payment from me... 375 gone... :mad:

followthereaper
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
I called up the ticket place dealing with these applications and have been told my application was successful - still awaiting email myself - they said it could take hours but will be tonight.
also check your bank accounts because the 3 people i know who were successful have had the money taken out twice. it may take 3 working days to get this back to your account so if you were hoping to use the cash to buy on thursday if you aren't successful you won't be able to. ALL applicants have had the money placed on hold successful or not. Just a warning...

zinterz
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
I called up the ticket place dealing with these applications and have been told my application was successful - still awaiting email myself - they said it could take hours but will be tonight.
also check your bank accounts because the 3 people i know who were successful have had the money taken out twice. it may take 3 working days to get this back to your account so if you were hoping to use the cash to buy on thursday if you aren't successful you won't be able to. ALL applicants have had the money placed on hold successful or not. Just a warning...

Good job I got mine. I feel sorry for those who haven't got their tickets, ESPECIALLY now it seems that they won't have the money available for general sale on Thursday. Muse, do it the normal way next time!

alit
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Having decided I had not got a ticket I've just spotted an email 9.02pm to say I have got one for Birmingham:D

Am very happy as It would be very hard for me to get online at work Thursday to buy a ticket.

Have re set up my internet banking so I can keep an eye on the money going out.

Danni123
12-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Looks like i havn't got tickets, gutted :/ and if that's true about the money, then i'm not getting any thursday either :'(

muse2503
12-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I still haven't got the email... WHAT :(

followthereaper
13-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Well despite despite being told I had got tickets and to wait for email - it appears that I havent got them after all - thanks a lot Crowd Surge. Also I dont have money available to go to box office tomorrow and buy some. There was no need to process our payments until we were successful..if the money wasnt in our account then we didnt get tickets - it would have been down to us.
I am sick of being constantly ripped off over gig tickets and and am planning on taking the whole issue before parliament...your booking fees are used by ticket agents as 'sweeteners' paid to the venues so that they get the right to sell the tickets at over inflated prices...I am in the process of making enquiries as to how best to tackle this.If anyone wants to show their support then follow me on Twitter or email me and I'll keep you posted. The Muse message boards are not the appropriate way to communicate on this issue.
twitter: cobhc666
email: followthereaper@mac.com
many thanks

Danni123
13-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Didn't get my tickets, got my email today, but it wasn't just for me, as the title was 'Tickets for Birmingham, London and Manchester) so it was joint email.

Told me i was unsuccessful. I know there was a lot of demand so i had low hope anyways, but i'm pretty pissed off considering there's already a fair few tickets on ebay for Birmingham! When me, and others clearly above ^ could of had those tickets, and not sell them on to make some dosh!

On the good side of this (not much) the email had a link to another pre-sale for tomorrow morning, an hour before general sale, so hopefully that will work for me.

zinterz
13-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Didn't get my tickets, got my email today, but it wasn't just for me, as the title was 'Tickets for Birmingham, London and Manchester) so it was joint email.

Told me i was unsuccessful. I know there was a lot of demand so i had low hope anyways, but i'm pretty pissed off considering there's already a fair few tickets on ebay for Birmingham! When me, and others clearly above ^ could of had those tickets, and not sell them on to make some dosh!

On the good side of this (not much) the email had a link to another pre-sale for tomorrow morning, an hour before general sale, so hopefully that will work for me.

Happens for every gig. I agree, it is annoying, but it can't be helped to be honest. I hope you get the tickets you want tomorrow! :)

Danni123
13-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Happens for every gig. I agree, it is annoying, but it can't be helped to be honest. I hope you get the tickets you want tomorrow! :)

I know yeah :/ and Thankyou, i hope so too aha :LOL:

L.
13-06-2012, 08:35 AM

It can be helped - after the radiohead UK presale there was 0 tickets on ebay.

zinterz
13-06-2012, 08:56 AM

How did they manage that then? :)

L.
13-06-2012, 09:17 AM
How did they manage that then? :)

You could only buy 2 tickets per person and you had to give the name of both person coming. Then on the day of the gig you need to bring you confirmation email and both person brings their ID as well to get a wristband. Plus there is only one website authorised for people to sell their tickets and do a name change and this site doesn't allow you to sell for more than face value.

It is restrictive but at least it means no touts.

zinterz
13-06-2012, 09:18 AM
You could only buy 2 tickets per person and you had to give the name of both person coming. Then on the day of the gig you need to bring you confirmation email and both person brings their ID as well to get a wristband. Plus there is only one website authorised for people to sell their tickets and do a name change and this site doesn't allow you to sell for more than face value.

Sounds like quite a good idea! Muse, LEARN FROM RADIOHEAD.

newborn_assasin
13-06-2012, 11:32 AM
GOT MY TICKETS...

But its wierd...When I first applied for the tickets the money came straight out of my account, which was fine. But now ive got the confirmation the money has been put back into my account?

They really have fecked this up...

Green Mamba
13-06-2012, 11:47 AM
You never know, free tickets. ;)

I am utterly confused over this, e-mail came through at 4.30AM to say that demand was too high. Thus unsuccessful. So why is there another, exclusive (first come, first serve) pre sale happening on the 14th if you are turning down applications?????

I

Pip
13-06-2012, 01:01 PM
why hello there!

ha no matter what i achieve in my life i will always be remembered for wearing a dressing gown to a muse gig...

Yes! Yes, you will! :kiss:

Not forgetting this, of course ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflopip/2766689362/in/set-72157605896879266

Glad you got your tickets :happy:

Bexstarlight
13-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Im wanting seated tickets, so I guess Il be joining the mad rush for them at 10 in the morning. Reeeeealy hope I get lucky

Well done to everyone who was successful today :)

followthereaper
13-06-2012, 03:36 PM

there wasnt because I bought one.
You cant stop people selling tickets on ebay - they arent doing anything illegal. I think 55 to see a band is extortionate enough but if people are willing to pay more then there will always be tickets on Ebay. Ebay get a nice return in final value fees so theyre happy to list them.

L.
13-06-2012, 03:46 PM
there wasnt because I bought one.
You cant stop people selling tickets on ebay - they arent doing anything illegal. I think 55 to see a band is extortionate enough but if people are willing to pay more then there will always be tickets on Ebay. Ebay get a nice return in final value fees so theyre happy to list them.

I was talking after the presale not the general sale - all radiohead presale tickets are nominative and you need your ID on the day to get your ticket.

Yep the main problem is if people didn't cave in and buy tickets at extortionate prices on ebay there wouldn't be touts.

followthereaper
13-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Have any of you made the decision to go to the box office itself and purchase a ticket....no one queues anymore...yet you save on booking fees if you pay cash. I shall be there at 5am and am happy to wait 5 hours to ensure a ticket. They always have an allocation and I have never been disappointed.

ErinInCydonia
13-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Does anyone else have their tickets or is it just me who seems to have no email either way?:(

LeicesterBLISS
13-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Have any of you made the decision to go to the box office itself and purchase a ticket....no one queues anymore...yet you save on booking fees if you pay cash. I shall be there at 5am and am happy to wait 5 hours to ensure a ticket. They always have an allocation and I have never been disappointed.

always wondered this. i have tickets already :D so it's not a problem but how many are the box office allocated? i queued up for 7 hours to get Kasabian tickets at the Leicester o2 gig last October. good luck getting tickets

LeicesterBLISS
13-06-2012, 06:00 PM

this is what happened for Kasabian in Leicester last year. and you had to Q for tickets 2 weeks before so it was proper fans seeing the band in such an intimate venue aswell as it being their home town! special gig. MUSE should learn a little but it would be a lot of work to do it for a whole tours worth of gigs

Newman96
13-06-2012, 06:01 PM

Does it get busy at all out of interest?

bellapod
13-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanx to another Muser I now have a ticket in Standing. Have never been to the LG and am looking forward to it. Have a hotel near it so well cool.

alit
13-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't know if I should book a hotel in Birmingham or go home after the gig. I'd need to get the train back to Birmingham New street then a bus to about 3 miles from home and a taxi to mine. Other option is book a hotel then get the train to work next morning. Got to be at work 8.30am the next day. Think trains will be packed after but they will run back to Brum.

beckyboy
13-06-2012, 08:43 PM
totally confused no email either way. Money was put on hold in bank but has now been released so I'm assuming I was unsucessful.
Would have been nice to get an email though especially as I've heard that there is a link in the email to get tickets at 9am instead of 10.
Am really pi$$ed off.

ecco_luke
14-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Are seated tickets 47.50 + fees etc? Please if someone could let me know ASAP, it'd be much appreciated :)

PhantoM
14-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Does anyone know if you'll be able to buy more than 4 tickets tomorrow? When I bought Wembley tickets I was allowed 6, but my previous 2 gigs (NEC and NIA) the max allocated was 4.

There's 5 of us going and I've kinda tasked myself with getting at least 4... I'd prefer seating but if I can only get 4 max then obviously that's out of the window, as they won't be together. May have to settle on 4 standing tomorrow if that's all I can get and assume someone else will be able to get a 5th.

madzip
14-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Tickets in the bag! Get in!

TheGreatBrambini
14-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know if you'll be able to buy more than 4 tickets tomorrow? When I bought Wembley tickets I was allowed 6, but my previous 2 gigs (NEC and NIA) the max allocated was 4.

There's 5 of us going and I've kinda tasked myself with getting at least 4... I'd prefer seating but if I can only get 4 max then obviously that's out of the window, as they won't be together. May have to settle on 4 standing tomorrow if that's all I can get and assume someone else will be able to get a 5th.

Maximum is 4 on the ticketfactory website.
Good luck!

Half Life
14-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Got confirmation e-mail - phew! Bah, it looks like they're filling the seated blocks from the back and working forwards, but Block 16 will do nicely.

madzip
14-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah I got 16 too, but that's OK I don't mind being a bit higher up.. I got Row R...

muse2503
14-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Soooo happy, managed to get 2 standing tickets from the presale and it will be my first ever Muse gig :D

Green Mamba
14-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Tried to get standing at 9.05AM, obviously I was too late.

ecco_luke
14-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Got our seated tickets :D I'm glad, because I can no longer make the Cult + Mission + Killing Joke gig at the LG in September due to them rescheduling. Missing both would have taken the ****!

Hope this new album turns out to be good since it's 63 inc. delivery for the tickets :p

PhantoM
14-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Got 5 seated for my friends and I!

Then went back and got 2 seated for my mom and uncle (who I wasn't sure if they'd wanna go, but given it was so unusually painless I managed to get them straight away).

ROLL ON GIG 4!!!

ecco_luke
14-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Got confirmation e-mail - phew! Bah, it looks like they're filling the seated blocks from the back and working forwards, but Block 16 will do nicely.

I bet they know these will sell, hence why they aren't filling from the front :( I'm on Block 13, really wanted 16! #BringingBinoculars

Dannilovesmuse
14-06-2012, 09:19 AM
easiest pre-sale ever, 9:01 and i have tickets, 9:02 had my confirmation email.
Very happy :D

forevermusic
14-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Managed to get through on this one only to be told I couldn't buy tickets from The Ticket Factory without registering.

By the time I'd registered they probably would've gone anyway, and I half-imagine being stuck because I have no idea when the last train back from Birmingham to Milton Keynes is... MuseBay it is I guess.

Dannilovesmuse
14-06-2012, 09:31 AM
theticketfactory still have plenty of seats left for Birmingham, including packages with drinks/food and good seats! :)

TheMuseSmurf
14-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I just rang Ticketmaster, seems like I've managed to get THE last standing ticket available...BOOM!

LNM
14-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Anybody got standing tickets for sale? I assume not, but it's worth a try! If I have to sit it may be the death of me, haha!

Helen T
14-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Yay! 1 standing ticket for me. See you there!

Jake_H
14-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Yeah! got 4 standing, and I'm not a tout! :)

matt <3 muse
14-06-2012, 09:59 AM
2 standing for me :D

Getting tickets to a normal gig is great, but tickets for a Muse gig makes me so much more excited. Can't wait for the sexyplanes to begin :D

no3chris
14-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I didn't get ANY tickets :( wanted standing and couldn't get any pre-sale or today, totally gutted and feel let down. Never had a problem before, i guess that's what spending hundreds on a band gets you. Nowhere !

beckyboy
14-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Oh yeah baby!!!!!!!!!

Enough said :-)

saski86
14-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Managed to get 4 standing:awesome: Completely failed for my Manchester tickets though:(

TheDarkShines
14-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Glad most poeple got the tickets they wanted :)

Does anyone know how long this gig took to sell out?

followthereaper
14-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I didn't get ANY tickets :( wanted standing and couldn't get any pre-sale or today, totally gutted and feel let down. Never had a problem before, i guess that's what spending hundreds on a band gets you. Nowhere !

theres standing tickets on Ticket Factory site - I just looked??

followthereaper
14-06-2012, 10:29 AM
2 of us in the queue for tickets at LG Arena box office....me, who lives a few miles away and a guy from Norfolk....if you want tickets you should've been there. They have an allocation and open specially for big events. No booking fees for cash either!!;)

Bliss :)
14-06-2012, 10:31 AM
4 standing tickets :) and it was a lot less painful than I imagined!

Sarieberry
14-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know what's going to be better block wise?

I've got a choice between Row R in Block 16 and Block 9 Upper Tier.
I know technically Block 16 is WAYYYYYYYYYY closer to the stage but given Muse usually put on a show would it be better to have a front on view so I can see all the effects and screens more clearly? Obviously Muse themselves will look like ants but will the overall show be better from the back but facing forwards?

I'm not sure if Block 16 means I'll just be able to see Muse clearly but not any of their stage effects if it's really side on.. any of you got any ideas? I've not attended the LG Arena before, I usually hit up the MEN.

Thanks! :)

IamTheUniverse88
14-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Anyone going from Shropshire? x

Boz
14-06-2012, 11:13 AM

I know technically Block 16 is WAYYYYYYYYYY closer to the stage but given Muse usually put on a show would it be better to have a front on view so I can see all the effects and screens more clearly? Obviously Muse themselves will look like ants but will the overall show be better from the back but facing forwards?

I'm not sure if Block 16 means I'll just be able to see Muse clearly but not any of their stage effects if it's really side on.. any of you got any ideas? I've not attended the LG Arena before, I usually hit up the MEN.

I saw Green Day from Block 16 a couple of years back and it's a great view. You see the stage from a bit of an angle but you are really close so you don't really notice. I'd imagine block 9 is on the back wall which i would avoid so I'd go Block 16.

Edit: Just looked on ticket factory and you can still get seating if you are desperate.

SheeshBecky
14-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Two standing! so excited :D this morning was more stressful than the two exams I've had this week!

TheMuseSmurf
14-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Unless my mate gets one off 'unofficial' sources, I'm going on my own...anyone up for a forum meet??

Sarieberry
14-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I saw Green Day from Block 16 a couple of years back and it's a great view. You see the stage from a bit of an angle but you are really close so you don't really notice. I'd imagine block 9 is on the back wall which i would avoid so I'd go Block 16.

Edit: Just looked on ticket factory and you can still get seating if you are desperate.

Thanks Boz, I'll stick with the Block 16 tickets then I guess! :) Just don't want to end up with a really obscured sideways view where I can see the band but none of the screens and effects that's all :) It looks pretty good from the Arena Tour though :)

Newman96
14-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't know what this is like but is The LG, like the CIA in which I can buy tickets for seats and then just go stand?

matilda8
14-06-2012, 02:56 PM

I'm in block 16 Row R!!!!! Might see ya there!! x x

Sarieberry
14-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm in block 16 Row R!!!!! Might see ya there!! x x

Awesome haha yeah I'm in the 400's on that row so definitely might see you there! I reckon most of Block 16 will be fans from here as it looks like Block 16 and Block 2 were the pre-sale blocks :)

Boz
14-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't know what this is like but is The LG, like the CIA in which I can buy tickets for seats and then just go stand?

No you can't.

Standing ticket holders got a papery wristband when you go into the arena which you then show to get down to the floor.

JStarks
14-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I have applied for the Birmingham dates, here's hoping :D

Be my first Muse gig!

Yes i got tickets :D (through the ballet)camon!

the_invincible_dude
14-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm going! :D
Ticketmaster eventually decided to be nice to me and I was able to get 4 seats.

Lord MFC
14-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Thank fuck for half term. I'm there.

O2 x2, Birmingham. Still need my 27th ticket though.

the_invincible_dude
14-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Ahaha, that was exactly what I was thinking.

forevermusic
14-06-2012, 04:28 PM
No you can't.

Standing ticket holders got a papery wristband when you go into the arena which you then show to get down to the floor.

While that's true, me and my dad snuck into standing for a Depeche Mode show at the LG Arena without having to show wristbands. We could've stayed there for the whole show too I think.

However I'd generally think security would be tighter now.

LeicesterBLISS
14-06-2012, 04:45 PM
The wristband thing has been stated so it's unlikely you can sneak it but as far as I remember the seated section is raised from the arena floor so unless you want a 10ft drop its not possible.

What is the attendance of the NEC/LG Arena whatever it's called these days? Anyone know?

Lord MFC
14-06-2012, 04:47 PM
What is the attendance of the NEC/LG Arena whatever it's called these days? Anyone know?

LG is 14000 after a quick google

Miss_Bliss
14-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I hope they release more tickets, I really really do, me and my boyfriend managed to get tickets for the 02 on the 27th and Manchester tickets but Bimingham was also on our wishlist of gigs. Fingers crossed.

muse2503
14-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank fuck for half term

First year I won't have half term and the first year I'm not living in Birmingham... Won't stop me though, I'm sure my music lecturers will let me have a couple of days off for Muse... I hope

Lord MFC
14-06-2012, 04:56 PM
I hope they release more tickets, I really really do, me and my boyfriend managed to get tickets for the 02 on the 27th and Manchester tickets but Bimingham was also on our wishlist of gigs. Fingers crossed.

If you've got a spare standing for 27th please PM me. Cheers.

the_invincible_dude
14-06-2012, 05:21 PM
First year I won't have half term and the first year I'm not living in Birmingham... Won't stop me though, I'm sure my music lecturers will let me have a couple of days off for Muse... I hope

It's music related, should be a valid reason for a few days off. :p

alit
14-06-2012, 05:34 PM

O2 x2, Birmingham. Still need my 27th ticket though.

I work in Stourbridge about 15 miles from the arena but our half terms the week before - so annoying that as I'll be stuck at work until 5pm and will have to be back there by 8.30am the next day. If it had been in half term I'd of been in a much better position!

Not been to the LG for about 20 years when it was the NEC but I recall how chaotic it was getting home after by train. Hope it's improved!

LeicesterBLISS
14-06-2012, 05:41 PM
LG is 14000 after a quick google

thanks. i'd have done it myself but i knew if i asked somebody on here they would do it for me. success!

Lord MFC
14-06-2012, 05:50 PM
thanks. i'd have done it myself but i knew if i asked somebody on here they would do it for me. success!
Yeah, it's way smaller than the O2. Around the size of Wembley arena I think, which is my favorite venue so far.

matilda8
14-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Just booked Ramada Encore!!! Do any of you locals/LEG regulars know if this is within stumbling distance of the arena??? Planning a couple of beers after!!! :D

TheMuseSmurf
14-06-2012, 06:34 PM
which encore did you book? there's one at the NEC and one in the centre of Brum - if it's the NEC, yep it's really close :)

matilda8
14-06-2012, 06:39 PM
which encore did you book? there's one at the NEC and one in the centre of Brum - if it's the NEC, yep it's really close :)

Yep, the NEC!!!! Cheers for that!!:)

walker12sh
14-06-2012, 06:52 PM
so excited that I got standing ticket, I'm travelling up by train from Portsmouth by myself, is there anyone else travelling up from the south coast area would be nice to travel with some other fans.

Lord MFC
14-06-2012, 06:58 PM
so excited that I got standing ticket, I'm travelling up by train from Portsmouth by myself, is there anyone else travelling up from the south coast area would be nice to travel with some other fans.

I'm travelling there from Basingstoke. Will probably catch a lift with 2 other musers from London.

walker12sh
14-06-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm travelling there from Basingstoke. Will probably catch a lift with 2 other musers from London.

cool, i'm sooo excited, proberbly be travelling up to london and catching connection at Euston as this is a lot cheaper than going via southampton.

Green Mamba
14-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Just booked Ramada Encore!!! Do any of you locals/LEG regulars know if this is within stumbling distance of the arena??? Planning a couple of beers after!!! :D

There is no direct route to it, but it's on the same estate.

http://goo.gl/maps/Jwj3

Green Mamba
14-06-2012, 08:07 PM

I feel your pain. :(

Never struggled so much to get standing before in my life.

alit
14-06-2012, 08:08 PM
If any of you need a hotel the Birmingham Airport Travelodge is still saying 19 on the 30th - bargain and close to the venue!

Green Mamba
14-06-2012, 08:09 PM
The nice thing about the LG Arena for me is it's a 15-20 drive home down a few back country lanes. So gutted. :(

bellapod
14-06-2012, 08:44 PM

I'm travelling direct from Reading which is so easy and cheaper than you expect!

If any of you need a hotel the Birmingham Airport Travelodge is still saying 19 on the 30th - bargain and close to the venue!

Be careful of that one unless you have a car. It may seem close to the venue but it is about 1.7km from the airport. Personally I am at the Etap which is literally 5 minutes walk :D

LyraSilvertongue
14-06-2012, 08:47 PM
We've booked a 19 Travelodge, room for three. Not sure which one it is though. Hope it's close to the venue.

bellapod
14-06-2012, 08:51 PM
We've booked a 19 Travelodge, room for three. Not sure which one it is though. Hope it's close to the venue.

If coming by car you are fine though.

Lord MFC
14-06-2012, 08:53 PM

There are a few... which one is it and then I can google map it! Maybe we should be talking on FB about this haha!

walker12sh
14-06-2012, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=bellapod;9643153]I'm travelling direct from Reading which is so easy and cheaper than you expect!

I'm just surprised that it is going to cost me a lot less to go via london than southampton, it only adds about 30 mins to journey so will be worth it.

LyraSilvertongue
14-06-2012, 09:03 PM
If coming by car you are fine though.

Don't want to drive after the gig if I can avoid it.

bellapod
14-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm just surprised that it is going to cost me a lot less to go via london than southampton, it only adds about 30 mins to journey so will be worth it.

Maybe from Portsmouth it is then. Strange eh. It's 45 quid single for me direct but 80 via London!
I can even get one for under 19 quid if I don't want to get there before 12.

Don't want to drive after the gig if I can avoid it.
True. You won't be able to hear the traffic.

alit
14-06-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm travelling direct from Reading which is so easy and cheaper than you expect!

Be careful of that one unless you have a car. It may seem close to the venue but it is about 1.7km from the airport. Personally I am at the Etap which is literally 5 minutes walk :D

Didn't know there was an Etap, from Website sounded like Travelodge was by airport so shuttle bus/mono rail should get you between sites quickly. I'll either book a central Birmingham hotel as nearer the train for work, or head home after. If only it was half term I'd stay by the arena and have a drink after the concert.

Green Mamba
14-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Indeed, Birmingham Airport, the NEC and LG Arena occupies a huge area.

alit
14-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Indeed, Birmingham Airport, the NEC and LG Arena occupies a huge area.

Yes I've not been to concerts for years but remember the long walk from the train to the venue via many corridors! I've got family at both Olton and Yardley but I'd not ask to stop as I'd be in too late for my relatives - would seem strange staying in a hotel only half hour from home but might be easier & means I don't need to take my work bag with me to the gig.

bellapod
14-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Yes I've not been to concerts for years but remember the long walk from the train to the venue via many corridors! I've got family at both Olton and Yardley but I'd not ask to stop as I'd be in too late for my relatives - would seem strange staying in a hotel only half hour from home but might be easier & means I don't need to take my work bag with me to the gig.

Etap is still a bargain at 32 quid for the night.

walker12sh
14-06-2012, 10:01 PM
has anyone been to the lg arena before and know what it's like?

matt <3 muse
14-06-2012, 11:15 PM
has anyone been to the lg arena before and know what it's like?

LG Arena is a lovely venue, it's my favourite out of the the LG / NIA and MEN. Very modern and after the gig it's a lovely walk around the lake back to the carparks. Plenty of food and drinks inside, and theres normally even a small acoustic band that plays in the main entrance area (last 2 times i went there, the bands played all acoustic songs of the main act you were going to see)

Also for any normal event the 8 parking charge at the LG arena is extortion. For a big gig you normally pay around 10, so the 8 is actually pretty good.

jhyl201
15-06-2012, 12:16 AM
What are the chances that more tickets will be released for Birmingham? :(

troymellor
15-06-2012, 12:33 AM
ive got tickets to both birmingham and manchester

i think the people on ebay should be shot, in the most painful place there is to be shot, double triple or even quadruple the face value?? disgusting

jhyl201
15-06-2012, 12:43 AM
ive got tickets to both birmingham and manchester

i think the people on ebay should be shot, in the most painful place there is to be shot, double triple or even quadruple the face value?? disgusting

Most definitely agree with the latter comment.

I want to kill my sister at the minute though. After painfully buying tickets for the second night at the O2, she then finds out that her school trip is that same weekend.
Needless to say somehow finding Birmingham tickets seems to be our only option...
Doesn't look too promising though unless I find someone to swop :(

followthereaper
15-06-2012, 06:31 AM

zero

zinterz
15-06-2012, 06:33 AM

zero

There may be tickets put back online from those people who either cancel or have card rejections. So keep an eye out. Otherwise, MuseBay or eBay or friends are your best bet.

Lord MFC
15-06-2012, 06:36 AM

I want to kill my sister at the minute though. After painfully buying tickets for the second night at the O2, she then finds out that her school trip is that same weekend.
Needless to say somehow finding Birmingham tickets seems to be our only option...

I'll buy your 27th tickets off you? I am seriously desperate for some.

followthereaper
15-06-2012, 06:37 AM

I have 2 spare tickets for the LG Arena in Birmingham and would consider a swap with anyone maybe Manchester or London? I would be happy to travel to bring my tickets for the swap as soon as I have them.
Please email me if you would be seriously interested.
followthereaper@mac.com

saski86
15-06-2012, 06:52 AM

It's the Travelodge Birmingham Aiport, the nearest one I could find. It's about 2.5 miles. :happy:

There are a few... which one is it and then I can google map it! Maybe we should be talking on FB about this haha!

We can work out details later. Probably best to discuss this on FB:LOL:

Lord MFC
15-06-2012, 07:04 AM
It's the Travelodge Birmingham Aiport, the nearest one I could find. It's about 2.5 miles. :happy:

We can work out details later. Probably best to discuss this on FB:LOL:

Yep :chuckle: I did a google last night of it, there's a shuttle bus service for people with flights to the airport area. I went to the airport earlier in the year on holiday (nope I didn't go on holiday in the airport :chuckle:) and the LG is really close.

bellapod
15-06-2012, 07:46 AM

Strange as there were still Etap ones available. Ah well.

saski86
15-06-2012, 08:31 AM

Missed that.... I've never heard the name before but just googled it, it used to be called Ibis. It is nearer...Oh well it will be fine, we can get the shuttle bus, Travelodge was 10 cheaper anyway.:)

OriginOfGeorgia
15-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Really want tickets for this date. :supersad:

jhyl201
15-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I'll buy your 27th tickets off you? I am seriously desperate for some.

Sorry :(

Sarieberry
15-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Really want tickets for this date. :supersad:

I've got a couple spare for Birmingham but they're seats in Block 9 upper tier...

Front facing so a nice direct view of the stage but obviously at the back up high so about as far away from the stage as you can get.

I bought more than I needed when I bought mine as I anticipated members on here would get screwed over by the touts buying the tickets up quickly so I've been hanging onto these in case a disappointed member wants them :)

leetroot
15-06-2012, 02:52 PM
My friend was charged with getting tickets to this gig. She failed :(
Not her fault of course.

saski86
15-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Some more seated released at 'theticketfactory' :D Be quick:D

matilda8
15-06-2012, 04:09 PM

I don't think Birmingham is sold out yet is it??

bellapod
15-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Missed that.... I've never heard the name before but just googled it, it used to be called Ibis. It is nearer...Oh well it will be fine, we can get the shuttle bus, Travelodge was 10 cheaper anyway.:)

Just to make you aware the shuttle that goes to where the Travelodge is doesn't actually go to the Travelodge but the Holiday Inn and after 11pm stops unless requested by guests of the Holiday Inn. Maybe you can get a taxi.

_silverrose_
15-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Just to make you aware the shuttle that goes to where the Travelodge is doesn't actually go to the Travelodge but the Holiday Inn and after 11pm stops unless requested by guests of the Holiday Inn. Maybe you can get a taxi.

How far away is the travelodge from the venue? Can't we just walk back?

bellapod
15-06-2012, 06:14 PM

No as you would have to walk along the A45 without a path.

Lord MFC
15-06-2012, 06:17 PM

around 3-5 miles away :( 5 mins by car

_silverrose_
15-06-2012, 06:19 PM
No as you would have to walk along the A45 without a path.

Aw shitty deal :(

bellapod
15-06-2012, 06:35 PM

Indeed. I was staying with friends at Travelodge but have booked Etap now as I like the idea that I can walk to the venue and use the free monorail and get there in 2 minutes.

_silverrose_
15-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Indeed. I was staying with friends at Travelodge but have booked Etap now as I like the idea that I can walk to the venue and use the free monorail and get there in 2 minutes.

Are you not staying with Cath anymore then?

Anyway, I'm sure our group will figure something out

bellapod
15-06-2012, 06:43 PM

If she stays at the Travelodge then no as it would cost me a lot more due to needing 2 taxis as I am not Qing all day but afternoonish.

Lord MFC
15-06-2012, 06:45 PM

Taxi :supersad:

LyraSilvertongue
15-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Taxi :supersad:

A five-minute taxi ride between four won't cost much.

Lord MFC
15-06-2012, 07:08 PM

Shouldn't do yeah :)

_silverrose_
15-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Except it'll be a nightmare trying to get a taxi after a gig!

Batman.
15-06-2012, 07:28 PM

Can't you pre-book one? Or is that not possible :LOL:

_silverrose_
15-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I have no idea really :erm:

Pip
15-06-2012, 07:39 PM

OMG, that's just reminded me of when I tried to get a taxi to our hotel from outside Wembley Arena in 2006! After an hour and a half we gave up and walked! :LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
15-06-2012, 07:47 PM

Yeah, we should pre-book one.

Lord MFC
15-06-2012, 07:47 PM

We'll book one.

_silverrose_
15-06-2012, 07:54 PM
That's encouraging Pip! :LOL: I can see it coming to that.

Elaine, yes let's try to prebook!

alit
15-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm going to ask a friend at work to get a quote off her regular taxi driver - he's on a contract with her as she fosters adults with learning difficulties so needs a regular driver. Im thinking I might just get a taxi home after if it's not too silly a price. He will be cheaper than other taxi company's.

Train/bus/taxi would cost me around 15 and take about 2 hours. Hotel plus train to work about 30 so if I can get a taxi from the venue to home for 25 I'd be happy & normal drive back is 40 mins - just depends what traffic/roads are like after the gig? I could agree to meet him at the airport.

saski86
15-06-2012, 09:14 PM

Yeah, we should pre-book one.

I googled it, it's 2.8 miles, is there not shuttle buses to the airport? If not I can just park nearer so we don't have far to walk, no probs:)

LyraSilvertongue
15-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I googled it, it's 2.8 miles, is there not shuttle buses to the airport? If not I can just park nearer so we don't have far to walk, no probs:)

So you're driving? :awesome: Is your car big enough for all of us?

saski86
15-06-2012, 09:29 PM
So you're driving? :awesome: Is your car big enough for all of us?

Dunno:erm:.

How many Musers can you fit in Mini? This is not a joke:LOL:

forevermusic
15-06-2012, 09:32 PM

My mate was able to fit a drum kit in a Mini once if that's anything.

_silverrose_
15-06-2012, 09:52 PM

Didn't you offer Cath a lift between these gigs? So there's 4 of us then from London to Birm to Man, yeah?

Lord MFC
15-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Didn't you offer Cath a lift between these gigs? So there's 4 of us then from London to Birm to Man, yeah?

I might go home from Birmingham, dont know whether I can afford Manch.

ILoveMuse'ic
15-06-2012, 11:24 PM

At first I was going to book the Travellodge as that was the cheapest but then realised about the taxi/shuttle bus issue.

Then looked at Etap which looked good, but I dont think it included parking which is 14 extra at Etap and only includes continential breakfast for 5 while Hilton includes hot.

Then found a room at the Hilton for 45 + 10 for buffet breakfast including parking and can make full use of the Swimming pool/sauna and such like and is really close to the LG arena and a bit more fancy than the others. :)

Will give me a couple of days to explore the area a bit more rather than drive for 3 hours after the gig! :eek: