PDA

View Full Version : 2012.10.30 - LG Arena, Birmingham, UK

Pages : 1 [2] 3

LyraSilvertongue
16-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Dunno:erm:.

How many Musers can you fit in Mini? This is not a joke:LOL:

You should know.

My car is bigger but it's an American gas guzzler.

saski86
16-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Didn't you offer Cath a lift between these gigs? So there's 4 of us then from London to Birm to Man, yeah?

Yes, she's only coming with us between Man & Birmingham as she's going up the day before to get in line super early:happy:

I might go home from Birmingham dont know whether I can afford Manch.

Won't have room to give you a lift between Birmingham and Manchester Jamie. Not sure how early we'll be going to Birmingham as not fussed about barrier if we have standing for Manchester.

You should know.

My car is bigger but it's an American gas guzzler.

I hope people travel light, cause my boot is tiny. It's pretty good on petrol though! We will have to work out getting to and from the arena too. Should have booked the other hotel *fail*:LOL:

Half Life
16-06-2012, 08:54 AM
At first I was going to book the Travellodge as that was the cheapest but then realised about the taxi/shuttle bus issue.

Then looked at Etap which looked good, but I dont think it included parking which is 14 extra at Etap and only includes continential breakfast for 5 while Hilton includes hot.

Then found a room at the Hilton for 45 + 10 for buffet breakfast including parking and can make full use of the Swimming pool/sauna and such like and is really close to the LG arena and a bit more fancy than the others. :)

Will give me a couple of days to explore the area a bit more rather than drive for 3 hours after the gig! :eek:

I've stayed at the Hilton Metropole a few times. The pool's great but the hotel layout is a bit mad because it splits into two either side of Reception. You go out the back door (signposted NEC) for the arena and walk through a small wooded area, then past a car park keeping the lake on your left.

The Arden on the A45 is okay too, although its pool is a bit small the breakfast's very good. With that one you exit through a rear gate at the end of the car park and head towards the railway station, but take a tunnel (which is only open during gigs) through to the arena.

With both hotels, the parking is free and my (elderly but fast) car's been fine every time.

alit
16-06-2012, 02:43 PM
I've just gone past the LG Arena on the train - very exciting - felt like telling everyone on the train "I'm going to see Muse there" but showed restraint!!!
It looked really close to the train station but no doubt there is a really long route or walkway like it use to be to the NEC.

Lord MFC
16-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Won't have room to give you a lift between Birmingham and Manchester Jamie. Not sure how early we'll be going to Birmingham as not fussed about barrier if we have standing for Manchester.

Ok, well I'll skip Manchester then. And I'm quite keen on getting barrier for Birmingham!

bellapod
16-06-2012, 04:01 PM
I will be travelling by train to this one so hope I don't fall asleep. I plan to Q from around midday ish but that all depends.

Half Life
16-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I've just gone past the LG Arena on the train - very exciting - felt like telling everyone on the train "I'm going to see Muse there" but showed restraint!!!
It looked really close to the train station but no doubt there is a really long route or walkway like it use to be to the NEC.

It only takes a couple of minutes, and at least you're under cover the whole way.

MegaEBoy
16-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I got some of the last 5 tickets left for brummie on Thursday:L I was frantically checking every possible site for left over tickets and then suddenly like 5 appeared, hopped on the band wagon ASAP :D woo. Can't wait.

alit
17-06-2012, 07:26 AM
It only takes a couple of minutes, and at least you're under cover the whole way.

That's good to know thanks, sounds organised there, I may try & leg it back to Brum by train then get my bus home. Will see how much friends regular, reliable taxi driver is first as that would be the easiest/safest/quickest route home. Wish it wasn't a work night as my Aunt & Uncle live really close to the arena - 10 mins by taxi.

TheMuseSmurf
17-06-2012, 10:17 PM
What are transport links back to the city centre like after gigs at the LG?

bellapod
17-06-2012, 10:26 PM

So with taking the monorail to the airport and popping to my hotel (etap), I will be undercover the majority of the time? Score :D

alit
18-06-2012, 06:23 AM
What are transport links back to the city centre like after gigs at the LG?

I'd imagine pretty good, they always try to be organised (but can have epic fails) If I can't get a taxi sorted due to costs I'll be heading straight back into the city,won't make my last connecting train home as that's 11.10pm but there are later bus routes, or may yet book a hotel. It's 10 mins on the fast trains - they will get crowded as will the station but can't see many problems.Just a case of getting to the station exit I'm thinking and legging it.

There is the fast 900 bus to town but that takes about 40 minutes.

I'll be near the back of standing as going from work so won't get there until about 7pm.

bellapod
18-06-2012, 07:44 AM
I'd imagine pretty good, they always try to be organised (but can have epic fails) If I can't get a taxi sorted due to costs I'll be heading straight back into the city,won't make my last connecting train home as that's 11.10pm but there are later bus routes, or may yet book a hotel. It's 10 mins on the fast trains - they will get crowded as will the station but can't see many problems.Just a case of getting to the station exit I'm thinking and legging it.

So would it be better to walk from the arena to the Etap near the airport entrance?

maviscruet
21-06-2012, 11:33 AM
just wanted to say hi, im a serial lurker on here but wanted to post to say im really really really excited about going to brum, i only live 15 mins away but have booked the day off to go (sad i know!) was over the moon to get tickets in the lottery as never ever managed to get anything on presale before. ive seen them in brum twice before (nec and nia) and its always a great night but really glad to have a standing ticket this time. im only 5 foot 2 though so will be investing in a periscope!

bellapod
21-06-2012, 11:51 AM
just wanted to say hi, im a serial lurker on here but wanted to post to say im really really really excited about going to brum, i only live 15 mins away but have booked the day off to go (sad i know!) was over the moon to get tickets in the lottery as never ever managed to get anything on presale before. ive seen them in brum twice before (nec and nia) and its always a great night but really glad to have a standing ticket this time. im only 5 foot 2 though so will be investing in a periscope!

Don't stand behind me then!

walker12sh
21-06-2012, 12:05 PM

I can't wait either, counting down the days. what time are you going to start queing?

maviscruet
21-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I can't wait either, counting down the days. what time are you going to start queing?

oh lordy ive got no idea!!! only ever had seats before apart from wembely 2010 when we stood in the middle and couldn't see a thing but everyone was awesome around us in the crowd. what time does queing usually start?

walker12sh
21-06-2012, 12:38 PM
oh lordy ive got no idea!!! only ever had seats before apart from wembely 2010 when we stood in the middle and couldn't see a thing but everyone was awesome around us in the crowd. what time does queing usually start?

I don't know what time people will start to que,I suppose it depends on the weather etc, I won't be able to que until after 2pm as travelling up from portsmouth by train and I can't check in to my hotel until 2pm, though I am thinking of coming up the day before now.
I bet wembley had an amazing atmosphere.

Pip
21-06-2012, 09:22 PM
You can expect people to be queueing by 8am, if not earlier.

_silverrose_
21-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Knowing Cath, it'll be earlier!

bellapod
22-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Knowing Cath, it'll be earlier!

Darn right.

Half Life
26-06-2012, 04:35 PM
The NIA was easy to get on the barrier. We got there about 8pm and walked straight up the front. My bloke then wandered off to get beer.

I got talking to a roadie who offered me a setlist (with MK Ultra on for the first time), but I left it for someone who'd appreciate it more...

We have seats in Block 16 this time. At least the LG Arena's just off the M42 instead of having to slog into Birmingham in the evening rush.

AloFury
26-06-2012, 11:39 PM
The NIA was easy to get on the barrier. We got there about 8pm and walked straight up the front. My bloke then wandered off to get beer.

I got talking to a roadie who offered me a setlist (with MK Ultra on for the first time), but I left it for someone who'd appreciate it more...

We have seats in Block 16 this time. At least the LG Arena's just off the M42 instead of having to slog into Birmingham in the evening rush.

Driving through Birmingham to the NIA was utter suicidal.. 1 hr 20 to go 2 miles was very testing.. thought i wouldnt make it.. was a great show

bellapod
28-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Driving through Birmingham to the NIA was utter suicidal.. 1 hr 20 to go 2 miles was very testing.. thought i wouldnt make it.. was a great show

So glad I am at a hotel next the airport.

alit
29-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Driving when there's a big NIA gig on can be gridlock in Birmingham - I always leg it to the station after for the last train home.

Should get my taxi quote off a friends taxi driver next week - if it works out too expensive I'll have to decide what I'm doing about going.

I'm not going to book a hotel as got to be at work early the next morning 8 or 8.30. I may decide not to go nearer the time and sell my ticket.

bellapod
04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Tis quiet in here!!
Still looking forward to this one.
Trying for an extra ticket too for my son.
Either way, it'll be a blast.

Midgething
05-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Has anyone received their presale tickets yet? I see tickets have already been dispatched for other gigs.

WeirdF
05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Never been to the LG before, I have Block 1, Row Y... This is a direct side view of the stage and fairly high up. I have a feeling it isn't too good, can anyone who's had a side view before tell me if it's any good?

Half Life
05-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Never been to the LG before, I have Block 1, Row Y... This is a direct side view of the stage and fairly high up. I have a feeling it isn't too good, can anyone who's had a side view before tell me if it's any good?

You're on Chris's side, which will get you quite a close and unusual view of the stage (although you're a way back, which can get hot and stuffy - wear layers). Matt usually trots over at some point to see how the other side block people are doing. There's usually quite a lot of techy stuff with mixing boards on that side, too.

The two downsides are that if there's a big stage show with screens at the back you can miss it, and that you will be deafened in your right ear from the speakers being BLOODY CLOSE.

This is from the same block in 2006 (with my new Lumix TZ1 straight out of the box):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/HalfLife1/P1000027a.jpg

followthereaper
10-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Does anybody want or know anyone who might want to but tickets for Birmingham? I have spare ones. 60 each...no profit in it for me....text please.
Maggie 07919886901

L.
10-07-2012, 06:26 PM
If you have tickets to sell or swap just use the Musebay thread to advertise for them: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=33546&page=4

This is the main place people will look to find a ticket

Thanks!

bellapod
11-07-2012, 06:16 PM
So what's this venue like for signing? Considering hanging outside to hopefully get a pic.

AloFury
11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
So what's this venue like for signing? Considering hanging outside to hopefully get a pic.

i'd imagine the back of the venue where all the gear comes in would be your best bet.. probably a few hours before the gig but dont take my word for it. am not sure if Muse or any other band has signed stuff/done photo opportunities at the LG

bellapod
11-07-2012, 08:00 PM
i'd imagine the back of the venue where all the gear comes in would be your best bet.. probably a few hours before the gig but dont take my word for it. am not sure if Muse or any other band has signed stuff/done photo opportunities at the LG

The lad really wants the chance to get something signed or even a photo so would love advise or suggestions.

thoughtpolice_10
16-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Looking for either a standing or seating Ticket .., if anybody interested then just E-mail me at i_am_the_walrussss@hotmail.com , i am gonna pay for it in hard cold cash.. i am heading to London on October 25th to see them on Both O2 dates.. so people who reside in London we can always arrange a meeting somewhere and pickup the ticket and give you the money

bellapod
19-07-2012, 12:34 PM
My son has his standing ticket but mine was bought from Musebay so fingers crossed it comes soon.

LeicesterBLISS
20-07-2012, 09:41 PM
I haven't received my tickets yet and I bought them in the official pre sale. Havent had an email about them being sent out either. The mrs has just made me panic as her colleague who has tickets for o2 London Friday has his in hand

TheDarkShines
21-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I haven't received my tickets yet and I bought them in the official pre sale. Havent had an email about them being sent out either. The mrs has just made me panic as her colleague who has tickets for o2 London Friday has his in hand

Yeah i heard people going to the o2 gigs have got theirs to, but on the email i got in the presale to say i had tickets it said the tickets would be sent out 14 days before the concert. So there is nothing to worry about :)

LeicesterBLISS
22-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Yeah i heard people going to the o2 gigs have got theirs to, but on the email i got in the presale to say i had tickets it said the tickets would be sent out 14 days before the concert. So there is nothing to worry about :)

Thankyou. i have also checked all emails and small print and it states that tickets would be sent out 3-4 weeks before the date of event.

kr15
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Was also starting to wonder about this. My tickets for the O2 gig which I bought through gigsticketsandtours have already come through, but the ones I got for this concert on the official presale (as I now cant attend am giving to a friend) Ive heard nada!

Glad Im not the only one :)

Boz
10-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I received mine about 3 or 4 weeks ago but i ordered them over the phone from the LG directly

OriginOfGeorgia
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't think anybody has anything to worry about til it's closer to the gig. :D

Libitina
19-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm taking my son(19) to his first ever concert. I know that's really uncool, but figure the fact that it's Muse cancels that out, lol.

Block 2. Can't wait. :D

bellapod
20-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm taking my son(19) to his first ever concert. I know that's really uncool, but figure the fact that it's Muse cancels that out, lol.

Block 2. Can't wait. :D

19 Crikey. Me and my son are looking forward to this gig too but we're standing. It'll be his 4th muse gig and his 8th gig in total but this time not barrier.

Lord MFC
20-08-2012, 09:03 AM
19 and his first gig?!?! He hasn't lived!

My first gig was Muse. Since then I've been to around 34 I think and I'm only 16! :chuckle:

Libitina
20-08-2012, 09:53 AM
19 and his first gig?!?! He hasn't lived!

My first gig was Muse. Since then I've been to around 34 I think and I'm only 16! :chuckle:

I was a late starter at 36, lol. This is my first Muse concert and I'm so excited :D

OriginOfGeorgia
20-08-2012, 07:03 PM
If anybody has a spare ticket.... :supersad:

Lord MFC
21-08-2012, 12:32 AM
I cannnntttt waaaiiiit!

Davy
22-08-2012, 12:28 PM
So where's the afterparty going to be?

thoughtpolice_10
25-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Am i The only person in here going to both O2 Dates & Manchester date along with this one ? Anybody to Top My second-to-none dedication :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAH April 2008
Wembley Stadium September 10th&11th 2010

WeirdF
27-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I have a question for you all.

I'm 12, and my dad, who actually hates Muse, is taking me to the gig. Anyway, this is his, and also my, first concert, and we're going to be standing as I was lucky enough to get pre-sale tickets...

What time should I get to the venue to try and get a decent spot? I'd like to be at the front, maybe at the barrier, but middle would be fine, too.

This is the right thread, isn't it?
Thanks.Honestly, if you're 12, then it would suggest you're not exactly gonna be a big person, so going near the barrier is an absolutely terrible idea. It is extremely rough, and as a 12 year old, even if you get to the front, there's no way you're gonna be able to stay there without getting pushed out the way. And if you're not at the barrier, you won't be able to see anything, so both is a bad thing. But honestly any decent spot while standing is no place for a 12 year old. I don't want to be patronizing or anything, but this was a bad idea.

So my advice... Don't try to get near the front, stand back a ways. Your dad obviously doesn't know much about concerts, because if he did and cares for you, he wouldn't do this. Not his fault, he's never been, but it's a tough place. You'll enjoy is so much more at your age by not going near the front. Hope you have fun though :)

IamTheUniverse88
28-08-2012, 03:19 PM
My tickets have just been dispatched :D :D :D :D :D

alit
28-08-2012, 06:46 PM
My tickets have just been dispatched :D :D :D :D :D

Mine has too!

Davy
29-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Mine arrived this morning :D

alit
29-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Yep mine was waiting for me when I got in from work tonight:D
Seems funny looking at it having not decided if I'm going to go or if I'll sell it yet...

IamTheUniverse88
31-08-2012, 09:49 AM
mine arrived too!!! So excited.

They released them early though, 2 months before the gig? Usualy its like a week before .

cant WAIT!!

Many of you going in groups?

IamTheUniverse88
31-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Mine arrived this morning :D

Youre from the SHire? which one? Shropshire? :)

MandaF
31-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Got mine too! :D

Muse_Maniac
31-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Mine arrived Wednesday, excited is a slight understatement! The highlight of my year is getting ever so closer! :D

matilda8
01-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Ok, normally I'm chilled about such things........ But WHERE ARE MY TICKETS???????!!!!!! Ordered presale with the official place (Gigs & Tours) and checked the status of my order and nothing yet!!! Am I the only one????? Please post if you HAVEN'T had your tickets, I'm getting a tad paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

WeirdF
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
I haven't got my tickets either, but I seem to remember the email said something about 2 weeks before the event. And 2 weeks before the event is like 1 and a half months away, so I wouldn't worry too much.

saski86
01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Ok, normally I'm chilled about such things........ But WHERE ARE MY TICKETS???????!!!!!! Ordered presale with the official place (Gigs & Tours) and checked the status of my order and nothing yet!!! Am I the only one????? Please post if you HAVEN'T had your tickets, I'm getting a tad paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I haven't got my tickets either, but I seem to remember the email said something about 2 weeks before the event. And 2 weeks before the event is like 1 and a half months away, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I haven't got mine either from Pre-sale Gigs & Tours. I'm not worried, the gig's ages away yet.

On the tracker it says 0% of the tickets have been dispatched, not sure if other people have received any from G&T. Just chill:cool:

OriginOfGeorgia
01-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't worry bout yer tickets till a week or two before the gig. :D

alit
02-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Well that's it I've sold my ticket for this!
Amazed how quickly it went only mentioned it to a friend the other night that I was thinking of selling it and she mentioned it to a friend who has snapped it up for her teenage son - he's a massive Muse fan - so glad it's going to a good home. No hassle with posting it either which is good.

I decided to sell it as I've seen them several times and not keen on the 3 new songs I've heard recently. It's also a right hassle being on a work night I'd be out of the house by 8 for work then not home until about 1am. Would mean train then long bus or a silly priced taxi.

So for my 65 Muse ticket I've brought tickets for Kaiser Chiefs, Band of Skulls and Seth Lakeman.

I'll still be following the thread here but wont be attending now:D but strangely Im not worried about it - never thought I'd say that about Muse! I'm sure I'll see them next year somewhere as they will keep this tour going next year too I reckon. Maybe I can see them abroad next time linked to a city break:)

ecco_luke
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Got mine and my girlfriend's tickets yesterday :) Now all they need to do is release a decent song from the new album!

matilda8
02-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I haven't got mine either from Pre-sale Gigs & Tours. I'm not worried, the gig's ages away yet.

On the tracker it says 0% of the tickets have been dispatched, not sure if other people have received any from G&T. Just chill:cool:

Thanks for that ;) I'm just being a bit impatient!!!!!!!!!!

bellapod
02-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Now have both in hand thanx to musebay. Hotel booked and train too. Things are finally coming up Millhouse.

TheDarkShines
03-09-2012, 05:46 PM
My tickets came about a week ago, excited :D

Now have both in hand thanx to musebay. Hotel booked and train too. Things are finally coming up Millhouse.

Not to be rude but i swear in your sig it had loads of gigs across europe?:) im just being nosey so feel free to ignore this :LOL:

bellapod
03-09-2012, 06:10 PM
My tickets came about a week ago, excited :D

Not to be rude but i swear in your sig it had loads of gigs across europe?:) im just being nosey so feel free to ignore this :LOL:

Ah it did indeed!! Sadly had to cut back. Darn money issues :(

TheDarkShines
04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Ah it did indeed!! Sadly had to cut back. Darn money issues :(

Oh! Yeah i thought it did because i remember being jealous :LOL: Thats a shame, at least you get to see them a couple times :)

bellapod
04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh! Yeah i thought it did because i remember being jealous :LOL: Thats a shame, at least you get to see them a couple times :)

Exactly. I am grateful I can see them this year.

daygreen
12-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone, first time posting here for years if at all. Just wondering and i know its a bit of a random question....are there any locals who know if there will be anywhere to go after the gig? Im going with some friends, we only live an hour away so would usually drive but this time we want to be able to all have a drink so were getting a hotel in town but i have no idea if anywhere will be open should we want to continue the revelry after the gig has finished and weve got the train back into town. Ive booked a hotel near broad street thinking that surely somewhere must be open between there and new street but if anyone knows of any bars that actually do something on a wednesday night that lasts past 11 i would love to hear about it

This is going to be my 7th time seeing muse, born and raised down in plymouth so i will always be a devon boy at heart and i can honestly say im looking forward to this gig more than any of the other 6 so far! Cannot wait to see what they pull out of the bag!

bellapod
13-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone, first time posting here for years if at all. Just wondering and i know its a bit of a random question....are there any locals who know if there will be anywhere to go after the gig? Im going with some friends, we only live an hour away so would usually drive but this time we want to be able to all have a drink so were getting a hotel in town but i have no idea if anywhere will be open should we want to continue the revelry after the gig has finished and weve got the train back into town. Ive booked a hotel near broad street thinking that surely somewhere must be open between there and new street but if anyone knows of any bars that actually do something on a wednesday night that lasts past 11 i would love to hear about it

This is going to be my 7th time seeing muse, born and raised down in plymouth so i will always be a devon boy at heart and i can honestly say im looking forward to this gig more than any of the other 6 so far! Cannot wait to see what they pull out of the bag!

Only been to Brum twice so no idea but there's bound to be places open in town. I am staying at the Etap @ the airport so not going anywhere.

BTW, when are people thinking of Qing?

daygreen
13-09-2012, 02:55 PM
We were thinking about staying locally but as weve all got the day off thought we would make a night of it, just a shame its midweek i guess but we can always do some shopping!

Were probably going to get there about 6:30, give chance for the queue to have died down a bit (hopefully)

bellapod
13-09-2012, 04:16 PM
We were thinking about staying locally but as weve all got the day off thought we would make a night of it, just a shame its midweek i guess but we can always do some shopping!

Were probably going to get there about 6:30, give chance for the queue to have died down a bit (hopefully)

6.30am or pm?

Lord MFC
13-09-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm getting there as early as possible. Luckily I've got 2 dates before this one to practice :LOL:

bellapod
17-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm getting there as early as possible. Luckily I've got 2 dates before this one to practice :LOL:

Me too! Can't arrive at this one though until noon!

Bs
17-09-2012, 03:42 PM
If it helps give anyone an idea, I got the the NIA in 2009 at 9am, and there were less than 10 people there...Slowly built up at a couple of people every 10-15 minutes or so for a while until later on...Not going this time round though...Muse aren't worth those ticket prices to me anymore...

TheDarkShines
17-09-2012, 04:00 PM

have no ideas about bars etc because i too was born and raised in plymouth and am still down here :LOL:

I think the ticket prices are riddic but i've never seen them before so i want to see them at least once, stadiums will be more expensive.

Bs
17-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I saw them in Birmingham last tour, and then the last show at Wembley too, where I got the Bliss and Citizen performances that I wanted, plus a few extras and an all round great show, so that's it for me on seeing them live...I just can't justify that money anymore...I hope you enjoy it though...Seeing them for the first time is definitely unforgettable...

TheDarkShines
17-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I saw them in Birmingham last tour, and then the last show at Wembley too, where I got the Bliss and Citizen performances that I wanted, plus a few extras and an all round great show, so that's it for me on seeing them live...I just can't justify that money anymore...I hope you enjoy it though...Seeing them for the first time is definitely unforgettable...

Yeah im planning to do one arena and one staidum as i've also never been to a stadium gig so i want to do that too. I get why a lot of people have been put off though especially as setlists were so rubbish last time...doesnt effect me too much though as everything will be a first. Thanks :)

Bs
19-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah, the first time round you can really enjoy every song...I can really understand why people who went to several shows per tour got really pissed off though...Wembley was my first stadium show too...Definitely one to remember...

TheDarkShines
23-09-2012, 11:43 AM
They better play Supremacy, Animals and Follow Me...they are gonna be AMAZING live :awesome:

Muse_Maniac
23-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Wish i was seeing them more than once on this tour... hopefully ill be able to do a Stadium date next year. Its hard to get time off in retail, otherwise I would have followed them on every date.

an_erased_citizen
26-09-2012, 08:01 PM
They better play Supremacy, Animals and Follow Me...they are gonna be AMAZING live :awesome:

Agree!!!

Has anyone with seated tickets not received theirs yet? My standing tickets arrived weeks ago but the seated tickets I bought for a friend are yet to be dispatched.. hm....

.:maybe_i'll_catch_fire:.
28-09-2012, 08:21 AM
I brought a standing ticket from scarlet mist, the person I brought it off said they havnt recieved the tickets yet, everyone I know who brough there direct has got there so have people on here still not recieved standing tickets?

For those asking Broad street is the best place to find anywhere open when you get back into town as the flapper and subside close at 12.

Hayley
29-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm so excited about this! It's my 7th time seeing them :) It's been two years since I last saw them (Wembley!)
I really love the new album so I can't wait to hear it live.
Looking for an extra ticket for my dad though, so if anyone knows anyone selling one, please let me know! :p

matilda8
01-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Agree!!!

Has anyone with seated tickets not received theirs yet? My standing tickets arrived weeks ago but the seated tickets I bought for a friend are yet to be dispatched.. hm....

I still haven't received my seated tickets...... Did it via the pre sale on Gigs and Tours, I have checked and only 52% have been despatched - fed up is putting it mildly!!!!!! Apparantly it's something to do with combating fraud!! Hopefully soon........... :mad:

MandaF
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't know if anyone has said this before, but it's going to be weird being there knowing lots of Musers from here will be there too! My son and I will be there - fighting to the front as much as possible. I'll be the older woman at the front making a fool of herself! Is there any sort of meet-up being planned? :) I expect I will be excluded anyway after that statement.

OriginOfGeorgia
06-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Just got tickets for this, yay. :awesome: Anybody dressing up or that out of the question? :LOL:

WeirdF
06-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Just got tickets for this, yay. :awesome: Anybody dressing up or that out of the question? :LOL:Hopefully Dom! :p

matilda8
06-10-2012, 11:41 AM
EEEEEK!!!!!! Finally, my tickets came....... AND RELAX!!! :D

bellapod
08-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Booked my train tickets from Reading this morning. It's looking good.

Lord MFC
08-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Booked my train tickets from Reading this morning. It's looking good.

You do know the gig's in Birmingham... right? :LOL:

Pip
08-10-2012, 08:49 AM

Put yer specs on love!

bellapod
08-10-2012, 09:03 AM

Monday morning eh Jamie!

Put yer specs on love!

Indeed.

Lord MFC
08-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Monday morning eh Jamie!

Pretty much :facepalm:

bellapod
08-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Pretty much :facepalm:

Don't worry luv, tis the weekend soonish.

Lord MFC
08-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Don't worry luv, tis the weekend soonish.

ish :LOL:

10thclar
10-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Hey, i'm going to see Muse in Birmingham :) Do you reckon there would be any chance of sneaking into standing as i have a seated ticket? Just a general question :P

PhantoM
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Got seated ticket, will be Muse gig #4.

bellapod
11-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey, i'm going to see Muse in Birmingham :) Do you reckon there would be any chance of sneaking into standing as i have a seated ticket? Just a general question :P
No. Just no.

11-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm so excited about this! It's my 7th time seeing them :) It's been two years since I last saw them (Wembley!)
I really love the new album so I can't wait to hear it live.
Looking for an extra ticket for my dad though, so if anyone knows anyone selling one, please let me know! :p
Hi there, if youre still looking for a ticket my friend Julie has a spare standing ticket - email her on gordge11@uwclub.net

OriginOfGeorgia
11-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Tickets have just come through, got them from a lovely lady via MuseBay :happy:

Green Mamba
11-10-2012, 11:28 PM

Standing and Seated will get separated even before entering the building, standing will get wristbands to wear while inside.

Seated Tickets will get directed when they get to their blocks.

Just don't bother. You risk getting kicked out.

Green Mamba
11-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Wish i was seeing them more than once on this tour... hopefully ill be able to do a Stadium date next year. Its hard to get time off in retail, otherwise I would have followed them on every date.

I wish I was seeing them once. :LOL: I'm going to have to have a stab at the stadium tours.

muse2503
13-10-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm going to this gig and was wondering what the average length of a Muse gig is, because the last train I can catch is at midnight and if I don't get it I'll have to spend shit loads on a taxi haha

Lord MFC
13-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm going to this gig and was wondering what the average length of a Muse gig is, because the last train I can catch is at midnight and if I don't get it I'll have to spend shit loads on a taxi haha

You'll get that train easily, usually the curfew's 11pm.

muse2503
13-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Oh yay thank you, I suppose it would be a bit hard on them to play for 5 hours straight

Lord MFC
13-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh yay thank you, I suppose it would be a bit hard on them to play for 5 hours straight

They'll come on at around 9 and play till 10:30/10:45 if we're lucky knowing Muse.

muse2503
13-10-2012, 09:19 PM
That is true, I don't know why I didn't think about that lol. It will be the shortest and most expensive gig I've been to. Worth it though

LMASTRA
16-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Hey just found out i cant go to lg arena birmingham on the 30th october, desperatly need to sell.

am selling for the price i bought them with booking fee 100

the tickets are standing and i am gutted i cant go! :( however now im in a sticky situation.

anybody need a ticket or knows anybody who would want to buy please let me know!

Laura x

IamTheUniverse88
16-10-2012, 11:52 PM
I know someone who will buy it for 60, no more though :(

Half Life
17-10-2012, 12:08 AM
I don't know if anyone has said this before, but it's going to be weird being there knowing lots of Musers from here will be there too! My son and I will be there - fighting to the front as much as possible. I'll be the older woman at the front making a fool of herself! Is there any sort of meet-up being planned? :) I expect I will be excluded anyway after that statement.

From experience, it's only after the gig that you realise that someone you know from here was standing right by you for two hours.

The LG Arena's much easier to get to than the NIA (it's utter hell getting into the city centre in the evening), but for some reason I can never find my way back to the right car park afterwards. :stunned:

Green Mamba
17-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Driving when there's a big NIA gig on can be gridlock in Birmingham - I always leg it to the station after for the last train home.

Should get my taxi quote off a friends taxi driver next week - if it works out too expensive I'll have to decide what I'm doing about going.

I'm not going to book a hotel as got to be at work early the next morning 8 or 8.30. I may decide not to go nearer the time and sell my ticket.

Getting to NEC is easy, it's leaving that x10 more painfull than even the city centre.

It's far better than the NEC, everyone tries to mark near the NIA where there are plenty of City Centre car parks that never fill up within 10-15 minutes of the venue, the old Carling Academy for example, or the Mail Box.

Anyone planning on driving back to the M6 be aware of the current night closures of the tunnel A38 route. Traffic in Birmingham is predictable, 9/10 people will try to go one route and follow a diversion, which there will be,, there is more than one way out. Learn an alterntive route such as the A4540.

On a random note any spare tickets? :D

Green Mamba
17-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Hey just found out i cant go to lg arena birmingham on the 30th october, desperatly need to sell.

the tickets are standing and i am gutted i cant go! :( however now im in a sticky situation.

anybody need a ticket or knows anybody who would want to buy please let me know!

Laura x

100 for one?

scotty 'mad muser' malcolm
17-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Laura.....or anybody else selling tickets!

I'm looking for two standing tickets to this date....no one on musebay is getting back to me which Is annoying buy hey! If anyone has any to get rid of PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Much love

Scott

LMASTRA
17-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Laura.....or anybody else selling tickets!

I'm looking for two standing tickets to this date....no one on musebay is getting back to me which Is annoying buy hey! If anyone has any to get rid of PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Much love

Scott

yeah i have a ticket i really need to sell, will you be interested ? i would be willing to drop to 70 pounds if possible ? email me on lmastra@hotmail.com anyone who is interested x

LMASTRA
17-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I know someone who will buy it for 60, no more though :(

could you give them my email ? lmastra@hotmail.com

Azzy_p
17-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Man i'm so psyched! So what time are people generally planning on queuing? I'd like to try and get to the barrier so i'm guessing i'll need to show up fairly early? I seem to remember though in 2009(omg it was that long ago!?) there wasn't much rush for the barrier at the NIA...

Anyone advise me of a decent time?

I'm also really hoping they play Big Freeze :D

Lord MFC
17-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Man i'm so psyched! So what time are people generally planning on queuing? I'd like to try and get to the barrier so i'm guessing i'll need to show up fairly early? I seem to remember though in 2009(omg it was that long ago!?) there wasn't much rush for the barrier at the NIA...

Anyone advise me of a decent time?

I'm also really hoping they play Big Freeze :D

Get there early.

matilda8
17-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Flippin'eck...... I am getting ridiculously excited now :D just ordered a t-shirt, get fed up of queuing up for one, only to find that my size is sold out :eek:
13 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hennapink
18-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Am feeling very pleased with myself as I managed to buy some tickets to the gig...ok I paid a crazy price but its always worth:D it for Muse and its for my birthday! Anyway cannot wait..

L.
18-10-2012, 12:36 PM

Laura x

If you have tickets to sell then please use the musebay thread to advertise http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=88005&page=10

Just note that all tickets sold here can only to be sold for face value (prices from the official retailers not secondary market sellers)

Feel free to PM me or one of the other mods if you have any questions.

muse_wallaby
18-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi all, I've got a spare standing ticket for this gig. I bought 2 but the person I was going with has broken their collar bone. I'm not gonna miss this gig for the world though. Does anyone want to come with? 60 for the ticket but its standing!! Need a gig buddy too so someone fun please!!! Xx

croadymeister
19-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Hi all, I've got a spare standing ticket for this gig. I bought 2 but the person I was going with has broken their collar bone. I'm not gonna miss this gig for the world though. Does anyone want to come with? 60 for the ticket but its standing!! Need a gig buddy too so someone fun please!!! Xx

Have PM'd you and would definitely be a gig buddy,just hope ticket is still available

achichandra
20-10-2012, 05:46 PM
OMG GUYS I'M GOING I CAN'T EVEN
seriously. i have lost the ability to even.

anyways.......

i know someone already asked, but the answers were a bit vague.
what time (for everyone looking to get to the barrier) are y'all getting in line?
unfortunately, i start work at 7:30 and don't end until 5, but i have a concert buddy who (hopefully) can wait (is that a concert foul? it probably is but omg i love muse so much i'm not even sorry:LOL:)

Lord MFC
20-10-2012, 05:54 PM

anyways.......

what time (for everyone looking to get to the barrier) are y'all getting in line?
unfortunately, i start work at 7:30 and don't end until 5, but i have a concert buddy who (hopefully) can wait (is that a concert foul? it probably is but omg i love muse so much i'm not even sorry:LOL:)

Well, cool people will be ok with it as it's only one person, but there's always one douchebag 10 people back who gets pissed, but if your guy gets people on your side then you can fight the dickheads off :)

ExogenesisP1
20-10-2012, 06:09 PM

bellapod
22-10-2012, 08:43 AM

anyways.......

Not sure how people will react. If your buddy doesn't talk to people and just doesn't say anything about you then you stroll up at 5.30pm, people will be pissed! However, it depends on what time the buddy gets there. Early as in those who queue early early then no, people will not be pleased. In Madrid there were people who held spots for 2 friends who swanned in at around 5pm. We were not happy with them.

22-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Guys!

I know it late but im desperately looking for two tix to birmingham...ive checked musebay...can anyone help?

:d

Tom!
22-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Anyone needs a Ticket for Birmingham!? I have one left!!!!!!! Also i have hired a car for this day to go to Birmingham. Anyone wants to join me!? I start in Kingston upon Hull, 3 p.m!

cheers

Standing!?

forevermusic
22-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I think the tag Unsustainable live debut no longer applies to this one. :p

sume007
22-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Anyone needs a lift for the Birmingham concert!? Id like to hire a car and have space for 4 persons! I make my way from Kingston upon Hull (starting at approximately 3 p.m.) to Birmingham!

22-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Anyone needs a lift for the Birmingham concert!? Id like to hire a car and have space for 4 persons! I make my way from Kingston upon Hull (starting at approximately 3 p.m.) to Birmingham!

Are you only looking to give your spare ticket to someone who comes in the car? i need a ticket dude :D

Archer2012
22-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Just signed up to let everyone know I'm going to be there!!!

3rd time of seeing them :) Leeds Festival 2011 and Birmingham a few years before that!

Tom!
22-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Are you only looking to give your spare ticket to someone who comes in the car? i need a ticket dude :D

I've had it sorry mate. There's a guy on Musebay that posted at 2 oclock, check him out:)

sume007
22-10-2012, 04:21 PM

dont have a ticket anymore..sry mate

22-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I've had it sorry mate. There's a guy on Musebay that posted at 2 oclock, check him out:)

that dead staaar dude? ive already supposedly reserved it but he aint gettin back to me, i need two so if you hear of anything, can u mention my name? :D

Tom!
22-10-2012, 04:51 PM
that dead staaar dude? ive already supposedly reserved it but he aint gettin back to me, i need two so if you hear of anything, can u mention my name? :D

Yeaahh I emailed him before and then this guy popped up and I got it :LOL: If he replies to me I'll tell him to contact you. Keep an eye on Musebay, it'll be flooded the next few days

22-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Yeaahh I emailed him before and then this guy popped up and I got it :LOL: If he replies to me I'll tell him to contact you. Keep an eye on Musebay, it'll be flooded the next few days

Do you mean 'dead staaar' didnt get back to you?

muse_wallaby
22-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Hey I've got a standing ticket but turns out I'm going alone :/ any fun Musers mind if I meet up and tag along? :) pm me and I'll add ya on FB :) best way to meet new people :D xoxo

22-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Hey...

I am quite frantically looking for a ticket or two...can any of you lovely musers help?

Ta muchly :D

Scott.

muse_wallaby
22-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey...

I am quite frantically looking for a ticket or two...can any of you lovely musers help?

Ta muchly :D

Scott.

So sorry - just got rid of my ticket :( good luck though!

22-10-2012, 08:30 PM
So sorry - just got rid of my ticket :( good luck though!

I did send u a couple pm's, one even a couple days ago :/

muse_wallaby
22-10-2012, 08:36 PM
I did send u a couple pm's, one even a couple days ago :/

Well, maybe not just got rid of it... Sorry - these doers of things are v popular I suppose :/ honestly, best of luck to you :)

croadymeister
23-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Well, maybe not just got rid of it... Sorry - these doers of things are v popular I suppose :/ honestly, best of luck to you :)

have PM'd you muse wallaby,thought that i would get first refusal on the ticket or did someone contact you before i did

TheMuseSmurf
23-10-2012, 04:09 AM
you turned down the opportunity to go to a Muse gig? Sacrilage! :p

spacegazer
23-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I have 1 seating ticket available... Block 8 Row YR ... I am traveling over from Ireland but unfortunately my mate can no longer come so trying to sell other ticket so I don't have an empty seat beside me :'( :p ...PM if you are interested ...cheers :)

23-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I have 1 seating ticket available... Block 8 Row YR ... I am traveling over from Ireland but unfortunately my mate can no longer come so trying to sell other ticket so I don't have an empty seat beside me :'( :p ...PM if you are interested ...cheers :)

Are you called Naimh by any chance? :D

spacegazer
23-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Are you called Naimh by any chance? :D

haaaa yes its me!! selling of this ticket is proving harder then expected :(

spacegazer
23-10-2012, 11:07 AM
haaaa yes its me!! selling of this ticket is proving harder then expected :(

Its Niamh btw ;)

IamTheUniverse88
24-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Anyone know what time the doors open?

Trying to figure out train times from Telford to the LG Arena :)

24-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Anyone know what time the doors open?

Trying to figure out train times from Telford to the LG Arena :)

Doors open at 6pm, show starts at 7;30

:D

LyraSilvertongue
24-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I have one standing ticket to sell for this gig. PM me if you're interested.

Frakkles
24-10-2012, 07:16 PM
MuseBay was invented for a reason.

Bliss :)
24-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Is 7:30 when the support starts or Muse?

bellapod
24-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Is 7:30 when the support starts or Muse?

Muse. They want to be back in their armchairs sipping hot cocoa and smoking a pipe :D
In seriousness, it's the support act.

alit
24-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Don't know what came over me but I spotted a ticket on eBay at 31 and did some bidding but lost out and it went for 51.

I did have a ticket but sold it as really hard to get home after and a work night but must admit I am watching on eBay as prices with some seem to be getting lower again - I might not be able to resist a last minute ticket I'm now beginning to think:LOL::rolleyes:

Must look again at getting home options but when your last train from Birmingham Snow Hill is something like 11.20 pm it doesn't seem possible!

IamTheUniverse88
25-10-2012, 09:08 AM

Sweet!!

Cheers for that! Can get the train booked now. Usually full of musers :)

sume007
25-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey I've got a standing ticket but turns out I'm going alone :/ any fun Musers mind if I meet up and tag along? :) pm me and I'll add ya on FB :) best way to meet new people :D xoxo

Hey..i sent you a PM..Im on my own too so maybe youd like to meet..let me know..Ive also a standing ticket btw..

sume007
25-10-2012, 10:56 AM

ecco_luke
25-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Has it been said who's supporting them?

I'm coming down from Derby, travelling along the A38. It'll be the first time I've made the journey (I'm only 20), and I was thinking about leaving my house no later than 4:15pm to beat the traffic and get parked up - as well as me and my girlfriend being able to get something to eat before the show. Does that sound feasible to people who've been before?

LeicesterBLISS
25-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Ecco_luke

4.15pm from derby sounds fine. I'm going from Leicester m69/m6 leaving around 4 but also grab some food beforehand. I saw arctic monkeys at lg arena last November.nice venue

ecco_luke
25-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Ecco_luke

4.15pm from derby sounds fine. I'm going from Leicester m69/m6 leaving around 4 but also grab some food beforehand. I saw arctic monkeys at lg arena last November.nice venue

Thanks :) I've seen Depeche Mode at the NEC/LG Arena a few times, really nice place. Looking forward to it as it'll be the first time I've driven to a gig. We might get a Maccy's on the way down, thanks for the suggestion :)

Azzy_p
26-10-2012, 12:33 PM
You peeps that have been to the LG Arena before, i have a quick question for you..

Are there multiple entrances? If so which is best for getting straight to the floor of the arena?

I'd really like to get close to the front but have never been to the LG arena before so not sure on its layout etc..

Many thanks!

Green Mamba
26-10-2012, 04:53 PM
You peeps that have been to the LG Arena before, i have a quick question for you..

Are there multiple entrances? If so which is best for getting straight to the floor of the arena?

I'd really like to get close to the front but have never been to the LG arena before so not sure on its layout etc..

Many thanks!

There is only one entrance, head for this. You can't miss it.

http://www.midlandsbusinessnews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/lg_arena_outside-585x389.jpg

The LG Arena was refurbished a few years ago. Everyone goes through the new open "ForumLive" area which is your food/drinks area. Big open space. They will separate standing and sitting at the front barriers and give you a wrist band. Then you are out in the open.

If you want to leg it to standing, just head right, you'll see the corridor tunnels with very well lit signage for where standing/seating is. But the entrances to the floor it self are at the back 2 corners. But they have be further down the parralel side corridors depending on the rear seating arrangements.

achichandra
26-10-2012, 07:46 PM
ok guys i know it's been asked a lot, but someone has yet to specify a time! SO..
everyone who wants to get to the barrier:
what time are you getting in line??

TheMuseSmurf
26-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I should get to the LG at around 4, so will queue nice and early :) I wants Barrier!

achichandra
26-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I should get to the LG at around 4, so will queue nice and early :) I wants Barrier!
so 4ish will be early enough? i guess i'll be seeing you in line!

and hold on, can we just bring up the fact that 4 days
I CAN'T EVEN
I HAVE ACTUALLY LOST THE ABILITY TO EVEN

Iroquois
27-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Is the arena open during the daytime (to queue inside) or is it a waiting outside affair in the cold? :(

NicoleW
27-10-2012, 11:36 AM
It's open during the day but bear in mind it's a big tent, so it's not much warmer than outside! At least it's dry and wind-free though...

Edit: never mind, ignore me, thought I was posting in the O2 thread!

LeicesterBLISS
27-10-2012, 01:02 PM
The entrance is a long way from the stage itself so I hope those legging it for barrier have been doing some distance training! I ran a marathon two weeks ago ;-) luckily I'm not fussed about barrier as the mrs will get smashed about. Happy to stand in the middle of the arena. I like lg arena it's a good size you can see everything well from all angles providing you're tall enough (I'm 5'10)

MikeyDoyle
27-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I have 1 spare standing ticket for Tuesday 30th October at LG Arena, Birmingham. It has been posted in musebay. 55 cash only, meet at venue. contact for details

SOLD! No LongervAvailable.

MandaF
27-10-2012, 06:40 PM
I plan on getting there at 5 as I can't bear the thought of queuing and waiting any longer than that. I also want to be really near the front. Is 5 a feasible time to arrive to ensure a decent position? If not, I am prepeared to be there as early as I need to! I can't wait, it's a killer - but only 3 days now, we're next!!!

Libitina
27-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone else sitting in block 2 or are you all standing?

antoftheproblematique
28-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I plan on getting there at 5 as I can't bear the thought of queuing and waiting any longer than that. I also want to be really near the front. Is 5 a feasible time to arrive to ensure a decent position? If not, I am prepeared to be there as early as I need to! I can't wait, it's a killer - but only 3 days now, we're next!!!

Honestly, you should expect queues to be pretty long by then I'd imagine. They might let people into the venue for 5 though, based on my last experiences there. Ill be getting there for half 3ish to insure we're relatively near the front.

I really can't wait for this, my second time seeing them...so excited!

Lord MFC
28-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Actually cant wait for this. After being at both the O2 gigs this will be amazing

matilda8
28-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Anyone else sitting in block 2 or are you all standing?

Block 16...... So opposite you!!! I shall give you a wave:musesign: Flippin'eck I'm excited.... This time tomorrow, I shall be bouncing off the walls!!!!!!!:D

MandaF
28-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Honestly, you should expect queues to be pretty long by then I'd imagine. They might let people into the venue for 5 though, based on my last experiences there. Ill be getting there for half 3ish to insure we're relatively near the front.

I really can't wait for this, my second time seeing them...so excited!

Thanks, guess we'll be there earlier than 5 then. Travelling up to Birmingham tomorrow and staying the 2 nights - it will be like a Muse holiday :D Very exciting!

28-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Guys.....im looking to swap my standing tix for seated tix a my girlfriend doesn't wanna be in the pit :( i have them on musebay but if anyone is interested pm me! obviously i'd rather a good block but will consider anything....if ur tix are more expensive, ill pay, but if mine are more expensive...dont worry, you'll be doing me a favour.

Cheers 'en! :D

trogette
28-10-2012, 11:10 PM
The entrance is a long way from the stage itself so I hope those legging it for barrier have been doing some distance training! I ran a marathon two weeks ago ;-) luckily I'm not fussed about barrier as the mrs will get smashed about. Happy to stand in the middle of the arena. I like lg arena it's a good size you can see everything well from all angles providing you're tall enough (I'm 5'10)

I've done barrier or 1 back from (a bit far down Chris' side, it's true) for two gigs on this tour and not been bashed about at all, I think any roughness is a few rows back at least. There hasn't been any surging forward, it's all just been up-and-down jumping, pleasantly active without being rough. From what I can gather from other gig threads it's similar all along the rail.

Firebird
29-10-2012, 01:22 AM
BIRMINGHAM 30-10-12

Hey - if anyone has one spare ticket please let me know.

It's short notice so I can only get this if we can meet at the gig.

Let me know on here or on gd_mather@hotmail.com

Thanks

Bliss :)
29-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Muse. They want to be back in their armchairs sipping hot cocoa and smoking a pipe :D
In seriousness, it's the support act.

Cool stuff, thanks! Does anyone know what time Muse will actually be coming on? We are travelling from Bristol after uni and I'm worried that we will be cutting it a bit fine :s

MandaF
29-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Cool stuff, thanks! Does anyone know what time Muse will actually be coming on? We are travelling from Bristol after uni and I'm worried that we will be cutting it a bit fine :s

Officially 9, but apparently they came on at 8:45 the other night.

IamTheUniverse88
29-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Anyone going from Shropshire i.e Telford or Shrewsbury area?

Catching the train at 16:53 arriving at 17.50 in Brum :)

Wish we could leave earlier but work wont let me :(

Muse_Maniac
29-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Seen them Saturday night at the O2 and it was incredible, cant wait to see them tomorrow at the LG. I qued about 3 hours early at the O2, something I will not do for this show, I always end up getting a very decent/close spot anyway. The que was quite big when I got there for 3.30ish, but ended up standing next to people who had been there all morning...Mosh pits help with you getting close too.

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi guys -is there perhaps a group of standing peeps I can tag along with? The person I was going with cant go anymore and I am not gonna miss this gig! :D xoxo

LeicesterBLISS
29-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Anyone hazard a guess at the setlist rotations?

Hysteria/ map?

Newborn / SS?

Falling down / sunburn / RBS / something else?

PiB/Bliss ?

Any other surprises???

Lord MFC
29-10-2012, 02:21 PM

Hysteria/ map?

Newborn / SS?

PiB/Bliss ?

Any other surprises???

Hysteria,
SS,
Falling Down,
Plug In Baby.

Hoping for more rotation but I recon after the two big O2 dates it's back to normal for a while sadly, however there's a chance of changing falling down to maybe megalomania (I'm still sure I heard it soundchecked on saturday) or a different piano song, as through the UK that slot has been rotated.

bellapod
29-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Arriving tonight and looks like another long and chilly day tomorrow. Sleeping bag at the ready this time!

Tom!
29-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Gonna be my first ever Muse gig :awesome:
Does anyone know where the box office/ticket collection is at the LG? I've been there a few times but I don't recall seeing it. My friend has to pick up a ticket with someone off Musebay

Ry.
29-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Sincerely hope RbS etc. replaces Explorers...

IamTheUniverse88
29-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Please play Sunburn! Please play Sunburn! Please play Sunburn! Please play Sunburn!

I have always wanted to see this live :(

Midgething
29-10-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd like to know what time the doors to the venue as a whole (not just the arena part) open, I want to whizz along and say Hi to a few people at the front end of the queue before they go in :D It looks as though the bars/cafes open at 5pm.

antoftheproblematique
29-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Doors will open at 6 according to tickets so im sticking with that. Will be in Birmingham for 11am then....

Boz
29-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm looking forward to this gig so much! I'm getting the train all the down from Durham(uni) in the afternoon so getting to the LG at about 5.

I'll be on my own standing due to my normal concert buddies being away at uni too but i don't care! :)

I hope everyone has a cracking gig :)

WanderingMuse
29-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Hey guys just a random post to see if anyone can help with my problem?
Just been let down by a friend who was driving me down to the Birmingham gig tomorrow night :( so thought i would try to find a fellow Muse fan who would drive down to the gig and in return i would give you my now spare standing ticket free of charge!?
I need a lift from Leeds city centre and back (2hrs drive)
FIngers crossed someone can help.

Thanks for reading

Darran.

matilda8
29-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Hysteria/ map?

Newborn / SS?

PiB/Bliss ?

Any other surprises???

Haven't got the foggiest....... However, I would like Hysteria, SS, Falling Down, Liquid State, Bliss would be cool but it'll be PiB (but I can handle that!!!) :D

matilda8
29-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Just been let down by a friend who was driving me down to the Birmingham gig tomorrow night :( so thought i would try to find a fellow Muse fan who would drive down to the gig and in return i would give you my now spare standing ticket free of charge!?

Thanks for reading

Darran.

Nightmare..... Hope someone can help. What will you do if you can't get a lift??

Lord MFC
29-10-2012, 06:42 PM
My mate Tom Wells is looking for a ticket for 10, lol. (he posts on here sometimes) He wont have any luck I'm sure, but if you wanna make a small child happy (actually he's 18 and a tank :$) then speak to me! :LOL:

WanderingMuse
29-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Nightmare..... Hope someone can help. What will you do if you can't get a lift??

Errrm not really sure at the moment... train tickets are REALLY expensive (only return train is at 1.30am and takes 7 hrs!) .Feel more guilty wasting the tickets mind you as i know that lots of fans would love to go. Too late to sell them to? Hmmm. Just hope i can find a lift :)

Thanks for caring ;)

Libitina
29-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Block 16...... So opposite you!!! I shall give you a wave:musesign: Flippin'eck I'm excited.... This time tomorrow, I shall be bouncing off the walls!!!!!!!:D
I think I'm starting to drive my colleagues at work slightly mad :LOL:

MandaF
29-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Well we just spent HOURS getting here and then got lost. We found LG Arena, but couldn't find the hotel. Never mind, here now and counting the hours until the muse-gasm begins :D

exospheria
29-10-2012, 07:46 PM
I always like to get a hotel for anything outside London. In future, if you book at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance, Travelodge is sometimes as cheap as 20. But yeah, hate the travel after gigs _

vibrantXhearts
29-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Really starting to wish I hadn't sold my ticket for this gig now :(

_silverrose_
29-10-2012, 08:36 PM

Aww it would have been awesome if you came :(

Can't wait to get there tomorrow! :happy:

trogette
29-10-2012, 08:49 PM

Thanks for reading

Darran.

I would totally love to help you out but my family would kill me...

bellapod
29-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Arriving at the airport in 5 mins. Then it's on to the etap. Lovely.

TheDarkShines
29-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Arriving at the airport in 5 mins. Then it's on to the etap. Lovely.

Im staying at etap tomorrow night, hope its easy to find as i wont have time to get lost :LOL: from what i gather you just follow airport signs?

Would be great if anyone could help :)

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Im staying at etap tomorrow night, hope its easy to find as i wont have time to get lost :LOL: from what i gather you just follow airport signs?

Would be great if anyone could help :)

I'm at the etap tomo too. V easy to find. If you have google on your phone it's next to Novotel and the ibis :) if anyone wants to meet up before the gig, can we sort out a place to meet so we can have an awesomefun group thang? :D anyone know the LG Arena? Xoxo

alit
29-10-2012, 09:10 PM

I'm sure I will say this too about one hundred times or more tomorrow! As I did the same - sold my ticket as at work until 6pm then I'd of struggled to get home after.

Just seen my cousin and her hubby are going tomorrow now too!

It's a good hour from work and my last train home from central Birmingham is about 11pm which I'd never get:rolleyes:

Boz
29-10-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm at the etap tomo too. V easy to find. If you have google on your phone it's next to Novotel and the ibis :) if anyone wants to meet up before the gig, can we sort out a place to meet so we can have an awesomefun group thang? :D anyone know the LG Arena? Xoxo

I'd be up for that as i'm going to be standing on my own too.

Can anyone tell me how to walk for Birmingham International Station to the LG please? I'm sure it'd be signposted but i'd like to know in advance.

Cheers

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I'd be up for that as i'm going to be standing on my own too.

Can anyone tell me how to walk for Birmingham International Station to the LG please? I'm sure it'd be signposted but i'd like to know in advance.

Cheers
It's basically a straight road from what I can gather. I know how to get to the NEC but I'm sure I can find the LG. I'm trying to get a few of us together, so if we all meet up near the station, we could all head over. Whaddaya think? I'm also standing alone (friend cancelled, but I sure ain't gonna miss this gig)
Xoxo

Tom!
29-10-2012, 09:20 PM
If I get there at half 5 where would I be expected to be standing wise? CAN'T FUCKING WAIT :awesome:

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 09:24 PM
If I get there at half 5 where would I be expected to be standing wise? CAN'T FUCKING WAIT :awesome:

I don't think it open until later than that... I'm just going by what it says on the tix. But can't wait either!!! :D xoxo

Picko
29-10-2012, 09:26 PM

That should be fine, you'll be nearer to the front I imagine. I always go in at a reasonable hour and then work my way forward through the medium of moshing.

Can't flippin' wait!!!! :D

Tom!
I don't think it open until later than that... I'm just going by what it says on the tix. But can't wait either!!! :D xoxo

Doors open at 6 but I expect a massive queue :LOL: First Muse gig ever, gonna be best night of my life :D

Boz
It's basically a straight road from what I can gather. I know how to get to the NEC but I'm sure I can find the LG. I'm trying to get a few of us together, so if we all meet up near the station, we could all head over. Whaddaya think? I'm also standing alone (friend cancelled, but I sure ain't gonna miss this gig)
Xoxo

Sounds cool. What time are getting there?

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Sounds cool. What time are getting there?

My train should get in for 4, but then I gotta get ready and shiz back at le hotel. Could meet up at the international train station for about 5 if anyone wants to meet up to form the awesomefunmusegroupshiz :) lemme know. Xoxo

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Doors open at 6 but I expect a massive queue :LOL: First Muse gig ever, gonna be best night of my life :D

It'll be my 3rd - you'll friggin love it. I've never been standing at a muse gig before though - will be an awesome experience :D eeeeeeeeeeeeeee so excited now!!!! Xoxo

sidneymuse
29-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Can not wait for tomorrow night! sixth Muse gig and they get better every time!

See you all there tomorrow! :)

Boz
29-10-2012, 09:36 PM
My train should get in for 4, but then I gotta get ready and shiz back at le hotel. Could meet up at the international train station for about 5 if anyone wants to meet up to form the awesomefunmusegroupshiz :) lemme know. Xoxo

Yeah sounds good. Count me in! The more the merrier too! :)

Tom!
29-10-2012, 09:38 PM
It'll be my 3rd - you'll friggin love it. I've never been standing at a muse gig before though - will be an awesome experience :D eeeeeeeeeeeeeee so excited now!!!! Xoxo

I've been waiting yeeears for this and it's finally happening. I need to keep my mind occupied now because it's all I can think about :LOL: They play Sunburn and I'll faint

WanderingMuse
29-10-2012, 09:44 PM
I would totally love to help you out but my family would kill me...

*smiles* - no worries... decided to Megabus it down and stay in the Travel Lodge, so if anyone wants a face value spare ticket just give me a shout and i can meet you there ;)

Picko
29-10-2012, 09:44 PM
I've been waiting yeeears for this and it's finally happening. I need to keep my mind occupied now because it's all I can think about :LOL: They play Sunburn and I'll faint

Fingers crossed, last time I saw that live was Wembley 2007 :awesome:

Tom!
29-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Fingers crossed, last time I saw that live was Wembley 2007 :awesome:

CE, Sunburn, Bliss ANYTHING PLEASE

matilda8
29-10-2012, 09:51 PM
*smiles* - no worries... decided to Megabus it down and stay in the Travel Lodge, so if anyone wants a face value spare ticket just give me a shout and i can meet you there ;)

Yay!!!!:D so glad you're gonna get to go...... Hurrah for Megabus huh??? Enjoy!;)

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Anyone who wants to meet up before, we're going to the b'ham international train station for 5, then heading down to the ol' LG :) let me know if you want to tag along :) xoxo

matilda8
29-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Haha!! Driving the hubby insane....... I am so EXCITED!!!:D He is trying to be all cool about it, boring old fart!!!!!!!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
Sorry. Shall try to calm down a bit now! :p

Boz
29-10-2012, 09:56 PM
CE, Sunburn, Bliss ANYTHING PLEASE

You should have gone to R/L last year! My first time seeing Bliss live along with Space Dementia, Hyper Music and Megalomania. :D

Tomorrow I just want a song from Showbiz, RBS or a B side rarity!

Tom!
29-10-2012, 10:00 PM
You should have gone to R/L last year! My first time seeing Bliss live along with Space Dementia, Hyper Music and Megalomania. :D

Parents wouldn't let me go because they said it'd be better to WATCH IT ON THE TELLY
FML

WanderingMuse
29-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Yay!!!!:D so glad you're gonna get to go...... Hurrah for Megabus huh??? Enjoy!;)

Thanks Matilda :)... a mission but will be worth it ;)

WanderingMuse
29-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Anyone who wants to meet up before, we're going to the b'ham international train station for 5, then heading down to the ol' LG :) let me know if you want to tag along :) xoxo

Might tag along if that's cool with you guys?... Another loner after being let down by a mate. Is someone going to make a AWESOMEMUSEFAN meet here sign or something in the train station? :)

Picko
29-10-2012, 10:09 PM

Hyper Music is my one favourite Muse song that I've yet to see live.

Seen Stockholm Syndrome, Dead Star, Bliss, New Born, Muscle Museum, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts etc.

But Hyper Music is too damn elusive :indiff:

Libitina
29-10-2012, 10:12 PM
I want Plug in Baby, TIRO and New Born. Then I can die happy after waiting YEARS to see them live :D

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Might tag along if that's cool with you guys?... Another loner after being let down by a mate. Is someone going to make a AWESOMEMUSEFAN meet here sign or something in the train station? :)

That would be epic, but I have no way of making such an artwork. Ill be wearing a leopard print cardigan and black trousers though - I'm a brunette too if that helps. Wish I still had purple hair - so easy for spotting but hey ho, my agent said I had to stick to natural colours.. . Buying my Muse merch there. Because I'm a sucker. Will be just inside the Train Station methinks. Warmth and all that. :) plan? Xoxo

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 10:20 PM
I want Plug in Baby, TIRO and New Born. Then I can die happy after waiting YEARS to see them live :D

Totally worth the wait, I promise you :) xoxo

muse_wallaby
29-10-2012, 10:26 PM
If any of y'all wants to add me on FB to check on meeting up times etc, you can search for me as Tassia Wilde :) better to have loads of us meet up so we can all be awesome together :D xoxo

Azzy_p
29-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Ok guys i'm ridiculously excited right now! Coming down from Durham (like someone else i see here!!) with my best mate (who has never seen muse!).

Long drive so expecting to hit the hotel at 2pm, then head straight for the queue :)

Looking forward to catching some of you guys down there hopefully!

dan.
29-10-2012, 10:36 PM
If I'd known Muse had upped their game this much I'd have got tickets for this one too. Never been so angsty about waiting to see them again. :LOL:

Have fun brummers!

WanderingMuse
29-10-2012, 10:46 PM
If any of y'all wants to add me on FB to check on meeting up times etc, you can search for me as Tassia Wilde :) better to have loads of us meet up so we can all be awesome together :D xoxo
Will do Tassia... i'll just wander down to the train station entrance for 5pm (wearing a red DC hoodie by all accounts). My first big muse gig! (saw them last in my teens in a small tent at a festival like 10 years ago... they were inspiring then so now i'm sure it will be worth the wait :). Thanks for the welcome. Darran.

29-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Any of you lovely musers stayin at the Coventry hill hotel? I'll be gettin there for 2 with my gf....can't believe its less than 24 hours to go! My heart literally races every time I think about the gig!... ERMAHGERD MYERS CERNCERT! :D

Boz
29-10-2012, 11:08 PM

Ok Tassia. I'll be wearing my red protestor t-shirt with probably my atticus jacket. My name is Sam btw.

TheMuseSmurf
30-10-2012, 03:21 AM
so 4ish will be early enough? i guess i'll be seeing you in line!

and hold on, can we just bring up the fact that 4 days
I CAN'T EVEN
I HAVE ACTUALLY LOST THE ABILITY TO EVEN

You will :) Look out for the short blonde lad!

constap
30-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Hai gais
Me and me mate will be waiting from around 9ish, say hi if you want.
Seeing as its gonna be a massive wait, I don't think chatting can do any harm
I'll be in bright red shoes and jeans, and my mates got long hair :p

See you there, can't wait for the setlist

Hope they play new born, Ss, hysteria and MotP. Why not all?

bellapod
30-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Morning. Not as cold as the O2 out here.

NixonNUFC
30-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Anyone queuing with you this early? Me and my mate heading down there now from Newcastle, should be there from around half 8 :)

Libitina
30-10-2012, 05:59 AM

You there already? I'll be at work until 1pm. Will be driving everyone mad :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Pip
30-10-2012, 06:14 AM

Oh Kelly! :LOL::LOL:

I assume Catherine and Haley are there too? :)