PDA

View Full Version : NME Awards 2011

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Pip
26-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Just did thanks Pip... And I am sorted and coming!! See you there.

Awwww fab!:happy:

LyraSilvertongue
26-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Got three tickets :happy:

WutDaFucksy
26-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Wish they did it on like a Friday or something :indiff:

Pip
26-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Got three tickets :happy:

Yay!

Liron
26-01-2011, 10:33 AM
sooooo ALL tiks are unreserved seating apparently. interesting ;) by seating, they aren't expecting us to sit right?!?! hah

Pip
26-01-2011, 10:43 AM
sooooo ALL tiks are unreserved seating apparently. interesting ;) by seating, they aren't expecting us to sit right?!?! hah

Oh, are they? My email says I've booked standing tix. Seating is upstairs so I hope not. Maybe it's only the winners of tickets who'll be in the small standing area this year?

Pip
26-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Just received the email from See to say the tickets are in fact for unreserved seats. Guess only winners will be in the standing area then. Bummer that.

Liron
26-01-2011, 10:49 AM
or they will do the passes thing like u said they did last year... guess we'll have to wait n see ;)

L.
26-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Just received the email from See to say the tickets are in fact for unreserved seats. Guess only winners will be in the standing area then. Bummer that.

If it's like last year the pit passes were given to the people in the queue. ;)

Pip
26-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, that's true. Well that's made my mind up about arriving fairly early to queue then!

Liron
26-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah, that's true. Well that's made my mind up about arriving fairly early to queue then!

man and i'm seeing miles kane in leicester the night before :facepalm: and flying back home the morning after.

this little holiday to relax right after all my midterms is shaping up to be a lot more hectic than studying. i will need a holiday after :p

Pip
26-01-2011, 11:09 AM
man and i'm seeing miles kane in leicester the night before :facepalm: and flying back home the morning after.

this little holiday to relax right after all my midterms is shaping up to be a lot more hectic than studying. i will need a holiday after :p

OMG you're going to be shattered!:eek:

Just got to hope we get noticed and picked for the standing area then. We were lucky last year because they were going to just give the standing passes out randomly along the queue, it was only because we pleaded our case by telling them we'd been there for hours that they gave all of us at the front a pass!

Liron
26-01-2011, 11:31 AM
OMG you're going to be shattered!:eek:

Just got to hope we get noticed and picked for the standing area then. We were lucky last year because they were going to just give the standing passes out randomly along the queue, it was only because we pleaded our case by telling them we'd been there for hours that they gave all of us at the front a pass!

i have a feeling some colourful headgear would help us out then ;) *cough*

Pip
26-01-2011, 11:32 AM
i have a feeling some colourful headgear would help us out then ;) *cough*

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

jessalee
26-01-2011, 11:53 AM
just curious to what people are voting in the none muse categories
mine are,
best international band: vampire weekend/my chemical romance.
best solo artist: florence and the machine
best new band: two door cinema club
best album:foals- 'total life forever'
best track:foals- 'spanish sahara'
best videomcr- nanana (the only one of seen of all the nominations)
best festival:i picked glastonbury, i wouldn't really know.
best dance floor filler:kele- tendoroni
best tv show: misfits
best film: ugh so hard, i usually vote inception/the social network
hero of the year: i don't understand this category, i switch the votes between gaga and matt.
villain of the year:bieber
most stylish:noel fielding
least stylish: Ke$ha
worst album: justin beiber.
worst band: jonas brothers..
hottest woman:lady gaga
best album artwork:klaxons- 'surfing the void'
best band blog or twitter:kayne for sure.
best book: Carl Barāt - Threepenny Memoir
best small festival: bestival, purely for its name.
:D

Pip
26-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Wonder who else will be performing other than MCR and Foos? Suppose Kasabian are out of the question after last year :(

dip
26-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Wonder who else will be performing other than MCR and Foos? Suppose Kasabian are out of the question after last year :(

I think Everything Everything and maybe pulp

Pip
26-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I think Everything Everything and maybe pulp

Never heard of the first (such an old codger!:$) but Pulp would be brilliant!

Are you going Dip? You're an MCR fan I believe (sorry if I've got that wrong!)?

L.
26-01-2011, 01:30 PM

Thinking maybe Foals as they are nominated for a few awards.

LyraSilvertongue
26-01-2011, 01:40 PM

Everything Everything are really good. Their album Man Alive is well worth a listen.

Pip
26-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Everything Everything are really good. Their album Man Alive is well worth a listen.

I've just been listening to a couple of tracks on their MS, they have quite a unique sound! Well, it's new to me at least!

LyraSilvertongue
26-01-2011, 01:50 PM
I've just been listening to a couple of tracks on their MS, they have quite a unique sound! Well, it's new to me at least!

Very unique and I love it. I've wanted to see them live for a while so if they do play the NME awards that would be :awesome:

dip
26-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Yeah, I'm going. I <3 Mychem

Everything Everything are pretty amazing.

dip
26-01-2011, 02:24 PM
There's also a 5 day gap in Biffys US tour that coincides with the awards.

Pip
26-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I'm going. I <3 Mychem

Everything Everything are pretty amazing.

Tasha and I may see you there then :)

Yes, I'm quite enjoying their material!

The Final Track
26-01-2011, 03:10 PM
We Used To Wait is a definate for best music video.

Liron
26-01-2011, 04:18 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if arcade fire go, they're nominated for a lot of awards :p

and omgplspulp :D

L.
26-01-2011, 04:21 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if arcade fire go, they're nominated for a lot of awards :p

and omgplspulp :D

I hope they (Arcade Fire) go.

Jarvis Cocker was such a brilliant host last year, I really wouldn't mind if he was presenting again.

Liron
26-01-2011, 04:24 PM

Jarvis Cocker was such a brilliant host last year, I really wouldn't mind if he was presenting again.

love jarvis :D

what about elbow? this could be a good promotional thing for their upcoming album ;) um..

L.
26-01-2011, 04:34 PM
love jarvis :D

what about elbow? this could be a good promotional thing for their upcoming album ;) um..

Not sure... they opened the awards a couple of years ago already... They normally tend to stick to artists who are nominated.

leetroot
26-01-2011, 04:45 PM
hope you all have fun.
the balcony at the brixton academy is shite. fingers crossed for you getting in down below (oo er :eek: :LOL: ) (i think you will!)

James.
26-01-2011, 11:16 PM

Jarvis was an amazing host. I loved the Catchphrase game. :LOL:

sparkle19
26-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Can anyone remember what time it finished last year? I'm having a brainfail.

Seeing as I don't live in London atm, I'm not sure if getting home would be tricky.

ImFallingAwayWithMUSE
26-01-2011, 11:36 PM
I feel stupid asking this, but will they be showing the award show on TV? If so, does anyone have any idea what channel? And I live in America so....I hope I'll be able to watch lol

sparkle19
26-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I feel stupid asking this, but will they be showing the award show on TV? If so, does anyone have any idea what channel? And I live in America so....I hope I'll be able to watch lol

Yah, they show it on the British channel, Channel4. I think last year it went up on youtube after a few days, so you guys should be able to watch it at some point, if someone uploads it, which I imagine they will.

LyraSilvertongue
26-01-2011, 11:43 PM

Seeing as I don't live in London atm, I'm not sure if getting home would be tricky.

Pip's in Worthing so I'm sure she'll know about getting home.

James.
26-01-2011, 11:48 PM

I think it was about 11. Checking back on my photos from last year the ones of Paul Weller performing were taken at 10:55pm.

sparkle19
26-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Pip's in Worthing so I'm sure she'll know about getting home.

Oh yeaaaaa. Why do I always forget that lol.
She went last year and made it home I assume :LOL: jk. Klkl she'll know then.

sparkle19
26-01-2011, 11:50 PM
I think it was about 11. Checking back on my photos from last year the ones of Paul Weller performing were taken at 10:55pm.

Urgggh, trains stop so fucking early back to here. I think the last train is midnight. I guess that would be doable. I hope.

Pip
27-01-2011, 06:19 AM

We're planning on catching the 23.40 (overground) train from Brixton to Victoria (seven minute journey) then the 00.05 Victoria to Brighton and finally, the 01.25 Brighton to Worthing, arriving at Worthing at 02.08. Bit of a long journey but it's the only of getting back that late.

We did the same journey after seeing Kasabian at the BA a couple of years ago and slept most of the way! You can't miss your stop because the Victoria train terminates at Brighton and the Brighton train terminates at Worthing.

Liron
27-01-2011, 09:20 AM
worst case scenario, the floor in my hostel room is available for rent for just a pint of pear cider :p bargain.

sparkle19
27-01-2011, 07:52 PM
We're planning on catching the 23.40 (overground) train from Brixton to Victoria (seven minute journey) then the 00.05 Victoria to Brighton and finally, the 01.25 Brighton to Worthing, arriving at Worthing at 02.08. Bit of a long journey but it's the only of getting back that late.

We did the same journey after seeing Kasabian at the BA a couple of years ago and slept most of the way! You can't miss your stop because the Victoria train terminates at Brighton and the Brighton train terminates at Worthing.

Ta Pip, at least I know I could get back. :chuckle:

Not sure if money will allow me to go though. :( hmm

Pip
29-01-2011, 02:02 PM
If anyone has a spare ticket for the awards that they'd like to sell, please let me know. A friend needs two tickets.

shinybee
04-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I almost forgot about this. I wonder if anyone's voting? It's only a couple of weeks away now.

http://www.nme.com/awardsvote

Pip
07-02-2011, 06:05 AM
As I'm not a follower of MCR (I don't dislike them, I just don't follow them), can anyone tell me what song they're likely to perform at the awards? I'm assuming it will be a new song, would be nice to at least be familiar with that song, if there is a link to it somewhere.

LyraSilvertongue
07-02-2011, 11:30 AM
As I'm not a follower of MCR (I don't dislike them, I just don't follow them), can anyone tell me what song they're likely to perform at the awards? I'm assuming it will be a new song, would be nice to at least be familiar with that song, if there is a link to it somewhere.

Their most recent single is Sing, so I'm guessing they might play that. Previous single was Na Na Na so that's a possibility.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mychemicalromance?blend=1&ob=4#p/c/0B8213D1340F1731/7/hTgnDLWeeaM

http://www.youtube.com/user/mychemicalromance?blend=1&ob=4#p/c/0B8213D1340F1731/8/egG7fiE89IU

Not sure what's gone wrong above :erm:

Liron
07-02-2011, 12:01 PM

Maki, who's coming with me and is an MCR fan, told me whatever it is it's going to be shit :LOL:

Pip
07-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks both! :kiss:

Olly.
07-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Ah I'm looking forward to MCR

Pip
07-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Not too keen on Sing but Na Na Na seems as though it would be fun live. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing a band I've not seen live before :)

LyraSilvertongue
07-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Not too keen on Sing but Na Na Na seems as though it would be fun live. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing a band I've not seen live before :)

Sing's a grower. I wasn't keen at first either.

vibrantXhearts
07-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Maki, who's coming with me and is an MCR fan, told me whatever it is it's going to be shit :LOL:

Oh dear :LOL:

Olly.
07-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I dont think so. They have incredible stage presence and especially with their new characters it should be fun whatever they do...

vibrantXhearts
07-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Got to admit, having not seen them live for a good few years, it'll be interesting to watch them again. Haven't heard any of the new stuff yet though.

Pip
08-02-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/pj-harvey/54859

leetroot
08-02-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/pj-harvey/54859

cool hope you like her - she's off the wall. (i think she's awesome)

jackparker
08-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Their most recent single is Sing, so I'm guessing they might play that. Previous single was Na Na Na so that's a possibility.

It'll probably be one of those two, although they did announce their new single would be Planetary (Go!)

Liron
08-02-2011, 11:56 PM
so happy bout PJ :D

dip
09-02-2011, 12:51 PM
They'll play more than one song.

Pip
09-02-2011, 01:23 PM
They'll play more than one song.

MCR? I'm trying to remember how many songs each act played last year but I think it was only Paul Weller (God-like Genius award) who performed more than one song??

Olly.
09-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I swear the specials played more than one

Pip
09-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I swear the specials played more than one

They did :facepalm: My memory. FFS :'(

Pip
10-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Tickets are on their way! :awesome:

L.
10-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Tickets are on their way! :awesome:

Just checked mine too! This is getting close now...

Pip
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Just checked mine too! This is getting close now...

I know! All of a sudden! Had so much shit going on in my life recently, REALLY need this to cheer me up! :yesey: :D

lovemybones
11-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Hope this is the right place to post, if not feel free to move it Mods.

Me and a few others managed to get tickets for the ceremony on 23rd Feb. Problem being, in the panic we over bought and have two tickets left over. :rolleyes:
I've popped them on ebay to ensure a genuine sale. No online "oh I'll meet you there and pay you" and they don't show up nonsense. I'd rather do it through ebay so I can have my back as well as theirs covered, especially if people are going to travel to attend.
Ebay ticket link (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110647765055)

The high Buy It Now price is to stop timewasters or touts buying them off me, I've enabled the Best Offer option so people can pay what they want rather than me put something that included all the fee's that needed covering and people having a moan. I'm gunna get stung with ebay fee's as well as the booking fee's etc I got when I bought the bloody things :mad:

Other listings are selling them at £50-£60 EACH, which is ridiculous. Even saw a listing at £99 for a pair. I don't want to lose any money on these. as I've got to travel down to attend. (I've always avoided ebay for selling unwanted tickets but ended up being out of pocket recently when I couldn't get rid of the ticket elsewhere.) So please don't accuse me of trying to make of load of money, I'm not. I've always bought my Muse tickets through other musers if I've needed them, as I did for others at Wembley. I've recently tried selling an unwanted ticket at a different gig recently to someone outside but everyone had tickets so I lost out.

Pip
11-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Hope this is the right place to post, if not feel free to move it Mods.

Me and a few others managed to get tickets for the ceremony on 23rd Feb. Problem being, in the panic we over bought and have two tickets left over. :rolleyes:
I've popped them on ebay to ensure a genuine sale. No online "oh I'll meet you there and pay you" and they don't show up nonsense. I'd rather do it through ebay so I can have my back as well as theirs covered, especially if people are going to travel to attend.
Ebay ticket link (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110647765055)

The high Buy It Now price is to stop timewasters or touts buying them off me, I've enabled the Best Offer option so people can pay what they want rather than me put something that included all the fee's that needed covering and people having a moan. I'm gunna get stung with ebay fee's as well as the booking fee's etc I got when I bought the bloody things :mad:

Other listings are selling them at £50-£60 EACH, which is ridiculous. Even saw a listing at £99 for a pair. I don't want to lose any money on these. as I've got to travel down to attend. (I've always avoided ebay for selling unwanted tickets but ended up being out of pocket recently when I couldn't get rid of the ticket elsewhere.) So please don't accuse me of trying to make of load of money, I'm not. I've always bought my Muse tickets through other musers if I've needed them, as I did for others at Wembley. I've recently tried selling an unwanted ticket at a different gig recently to someone outside but everyone had tickets so I lost out.

I may know someone who would like them but not for £60, face value plus fees you incurred buying them from Seetickets. Would you accept that? Yes, she def wants some, just checked.

lovemybones
11-02-2011, 01:52 PM
I may know someone who would like them but not for £60, face value plus fees you incurred buying them from Seetickets. Would you accept that? Yes, she def wants some, just checked.

I'll grab a calculator and work out the fee's now! The £60 start was just a random number to stop timewasters, the main focus was the Best Offer thing aha.

It'll still be £5.25 on top for the postage though as I'll send them next day delivery.

BlissfulKitbot
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi lovemybones, it's me Pip is referring to (thanks for the heads up Pip!)

I am indeed looking for 2 tix and am willing to pay face value + Seetickets booking fees if you are interested?

Kitbot

lovemybones
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
With fee's it works out £20.60 per ticket, plus £5.25 to post next day delivery. If she wants them I'll message you my paypal address and cancel the ebay auction so those theiving gets don't make any money off them :')

Pip
11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
With fee's it works out £20.60 per ticket, plus £5.25 to post next day delivery. If she wants them I'll message you my paypal address and cancel the ebay auction so those theiving gets don't make any money off them :')

See post above yours. Thank you! :kiss:

Pip
11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
:D:D

lovemybones
11-02-2011, 02:28 PM
not sure if my sent items are working, if the DM hasn't come through let me know. I'm rubbish on here aha :p

Pip
11-02-2011, 02:31 PM
not sure if my sent items are working, if the DM hasn't come through let me know. I'm rubbish on here aha :p

:LOL::LOL: Did you send a PM to Kitbot, or to me?

LyraSilvertongue
11-02-2011, 02:31 PM
:D:D

I got mine too. :D:D:D

Pip
11-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I got mine too. :D:D:D

:awesome:

lovemybones
11-02-2011, 02:36 PM
:LOL::LOL: Did you send a PM to Kitbot, or to me?

To Kitbot lol I've got them in an envelope now ready to go to the post office! They arrived this morning aha

Pip
11-02-2011, 02:39 PM
To Kitbot lol I've got them in an envelope now ready to go to the post office! They arrived this morning aha

That's great!

dekza
13-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I didn't vote for Muse in any category. This year they certainly got bigger but not better at all. I know my vote might not change anything but I just want to try and make them realize that.

Discoprincess32
13-02-2011, 07:45 PM
I didn't vote for Muse in any category. This year they certainly got bigger but not better at all. I know my vote might not change anything but I just want to try and make them realize that.

Well aren't you special!

Liron
13-02-2011, 09:23 PM

I like you :happy:

LyraSilvertongue
21-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Tickets for the awards show are still on sale from Seetickets. Circle or balcony, unreserved.

jackparker
21-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Is it on any TV Channel? I checked NME itself and it wasn't on, so is there anywhere else?

L.
21-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Is it on any TV Channel? I checked NME itself and it wasn't on, so is there anywhere else?

It's normally on channel 4, the week following the awards if I remember correctly.

dan.
21-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Hopefully being their first 'public' UK appearance in the eyes of the media since they finished touring, they might let slip a clue or two about R/L. Maybe... :shifty:

Pip
21-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Hopefully being their first 'public' UK appearance in the eyes of the media since they finished touring, they might let slip a clue or two about R/L. Maybe... :shifty:

I don't know if they'll even be there, there's been no mention of it anywhere.

jackparker
21-02-2011, 01:48 PM
It's normally on channel 4, the week following the awards if I remember correctly.

:wtf: why a week?

jackparker
21-02-2011, 01:50 PM

that would be nice :)

sparkle19
21-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Channel 4 are showing it on Sat 26th at 11.20pm

There's also some preview show tomorrow at 11.45 pm

dan.
21-02-2011, 01:51 PM
That's true. I'm just guessing that they should be really, considering they haven't got any touring duties at the moment so it'd be nice to see them.

Pip
21-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd like to see them but can honestly say I'll enjoy it regardless of whether or not they're there. I'm most looking forward to the Foo Fighters! :awesome: :D

LyraSilvertongue
21-02-2011, 01:54 PM
I think it's unlikely Muse will be there. They were in LA a week ago and I can't see them flying back to London just for the NME Awards.

Pip
21-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I think it's unlikely Muse will be there. They were in LA a week ago and I can't see them flying back to London just for the NME Awards.

I agree.

L.
21-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Just read the Channel 4 description and they mentioned performance by ARCADE FIRE!!!

:eek:

:dance:

sparkle19
21-02-2011, 01:57 PM
They've been the last two years in a row? so yea, I doubt they'll go either.

LyraSilvertongue
21-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Just read the Channel 4 description and they mentioned performance by ARCADE FIRE!!!

:happy:

Pip
21-02-2011, 02:09 PM

'kin 'ell!:eek:

a-museing
21-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Matt and Dom have been spotted around LA a lot in the last few days so I can't see them attending and I don't think Chris would go alone.

dontask
21-02-2011, 06:08 PM
I can see them going because of how much they like Dave Grohl, and if theyve won an award they will be there I think. Its relative downtime for them isnt it, can see them going.

LyraSilvertongue
21-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I can see them going because of how much they like Dave Grohl, and if theyve won an award they will be there I think. Its relative downtime for them isnt it, can see them going.

You really think they'd fly back from LA for it?

hyper_chondriac_muser
21-02-2011, 07:09 PM

At least people will know who they are at the NME awards, unlike the Brits :LOL: - Twitter went mental with people going 'Who the fuck is R K Fire?!' after they won their award :facepalm:.

As for Muse, I really don't see them flying back out here just because they like Dave Grohl :LOL:. They can see him/Foos at other shows/gigs, it's not like it's impossible. I know they've got a bit of down time at the mo, but Matt's probably gonna spend his time doing his new family duties, Chris never goes anyway for the same reason, so it'll just be Dom there like a lil loner, haha. He might go just in the hopes that he'll win sexiest (fe)male :p.

shinybee
21-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I reckon if there's no award for them this year, they won't bother going. I can see no award hapening too, the difference on this board this year compared to last is massive, there was loads of attention being paid to the NME awards in 2010 which generated lots of votes but if this year's quietness is a reflection of the voting Muse have got no chance!

vibrantXhearts
21-02-2011, 08:09 PM

SO MUCH WIN :awesome:

Pinky753
21-02-2011, 08:18 PM
At least people will know who they are at the NME awards, unlike the Brits :LOL: - Twitter went mental with people going 'Who the fuck is R K Fire?!' after they won their award :facepalm:.

As for Muse, I really don't see them flying back out here just because they like Dave Grohl :LOL:. They can see him/Foos at other shows/gigs, it's not like it's impossible. I know they've got a bit of down time at the mo, but Matt's probably gonna spend his time doing his new family duties, Chris never goes anyway for the same reason, so it'll just be Dom there like a lil loner, haha. He might go just in the hopes that he'll win sexiest (fe)male :p.

There's papp photos of Matt & Kate arriving at Heathrow this morning, I'm very hopeful they'll be at the awards cos I just got a ticket :happy:

hipbones
21-02-2011, 08:19 PM
They are nominated for something?

Pip
21-02-2011, 08:20 PM
There's papp photos of Matt & Kate arriving at Heathrow this morning, I'm very hopeful they'll be at the awards cos I just got a ticket :happy:

Ah, so maybe they WILL be at the awards then :)

CarrieB
21-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I reckon if there's no award for them this year, they won't bother going. I can see no award hapening too, the difference on this board this year compared to last is massive, there was loads of attention being paid to the NME awards in 2010 which generated lots of votes but if this year's quietness is a reflection of the voting Muse have got no chance!

Well there's quietness in general, since they're not doing much at the moment I suppose, apart from the Grammy's. Still I doubt their votes just come from this board.

They made a special trip when they won the award for the "The Greatest Band in the World Today" wasn't it? But they were already working, on tour. Like you, I think they might go if they won something, well one of the important ones, or maybe if they were in the UK for other reasons, but I don't think they'll be there this year.

CarrieB
21-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Ah, so maybe they WILL be at the awards then :)

Oh I missed that post! :) It's looking hopeful then! :D I hope they win!

L.
21-02-2011, 08:26 PM
They are nominated for something?

That silly hottest male award and then for the actual awards they are nominated for best band and best live.

Tbh not really fussed if they go or not... I just want to see Foo and Arcade Fire perform!

hipbones
21-02-2011, 08:41 PM
S'all about the Foos.

Frakkles
21-02-2011, 08:44 PM
S'all about the Foos.

And The Suburbs!

I've wanted to see them since they won their Granny.

Pip
21-02-2011, 08:47 PM
S'all about the Foos.

I am so bloody excited about seeing them! :):):)

Really wanted to buy a ticket for MK but just not possible at the moment.

dekza
21-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Well aren't you special!

There's really nothing special about that :LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
21-02-2011, 09:13 PM

This is good news!
I didn't think they'd fly back just for the awards but maybe they've got other things on in London anyway. If they're in town, I think they'll definitely be there.

Olly.
21-02-2011, 09:24 PM
arcade fire were boring at reading, hoping that in a small venue they might be good.

Frakkles
21-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Smaller.

I wouldn't exactly call Brixton small. :LOL:

a-museing
21-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Are you sure AF are playing? NME don't mention them on their website as performers. :erm:

Liron
21-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Laure u made my day with arcade fire!!!!! :awesome:

Saw them at 1200-capacity hackney empire and been wanting to see them again since. Fantastic! :)

Who gives a crap bout muse?? :D

Frakkles
Are you sure AF are playing? NME don't mention them on their website as performers. :erm:

NME don't always announce all the acts performing at the Awards.

LyraSilvertongue

It would make sense. They were in London for the Brits so they've probably stuck around for this too. They're nominated for a few awards aren't they?

LyraSilvertongue
21-02-2011, 09:55 PM

Saw them at 1200-capacity hackney empire and been wanting to see them again since. Fantastic! :)

Me :phu:

L.
21-02-2011, 09:55 PM

They did the same last year... there were a couple of performers that were not mentioned by NME but confirmed on the channel 4 TV listing.

Frakkles
21-02-2011, 09:57 PM
It would make sense. They were in London for the Brits so they've probably stuck around for this too. They're nominated for a few awards aren't they?

They didn't hang around after The Brits, they left straight after. There was a post on the Band's Managers Twitter because someone asked about them doing a secret show in London like they did to warm up for the Grammys.

LyraSilvertongue
21-02-2011, 09:58 PM
They didn't hang around after The Brits, they left straight after. There was a post on the Band's Managers Twitter because someone asked about them doing a secret show in London like they did to warm up for the Grammys.

They went back to Canada? And they're coming back again this week? That's what I call poor planning :LOL:

a-museing
21-02-2011, 10:01 PM
They did the same last year... there were a couple of performers that were not mentioned by NME but confirmed on the channel 4 TV listing.

Weird. That's pretty bad marketing by NME seen as tickets for the show haven't sold out yet. I think mentioning that AF are playing would increase ticket sales.:p

Looking forward to seeing their performance on TV. :)

Olly.
21-02-2011, 10:40 PM
brixton is tiny when you're in standing with only like 100 ppl.

shinybee
21-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Me :phu:

Aw! Are you going to the Awards? I hope they'll be there for your sake :D

OriginOfGeorgia
21-02-2011, 10:48 PM
S'all about the Foos.

LyraSilvertongue
21-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Aw! Are you going to the Awards? I hope they'll be there for your sake :D

I am :happy:
And thank you.

L.
21-02-2011, 10:49 PM
brixton is tiny when you're in standing with only like 100 ppl.

and there is no barrier between you and the stage.

Pinky753
21-02-2011, 11:04 PM
and there is no barrier between you and the stage.

:awesome: I could have actually touched Matt's shoes from where I was stood in the pit at last years awards (if I was that creepy of course :LOL:)

Frakkles
21-02-2011, 11:11 PM
The size of the crowd doesn't really change the size of the venue now does it? :p

dip
21-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I think Olly's point was that he's seen Arcade Fire in a field with 80,000 other people and they didn't so much for him. However in room surrounded by only 3,000 people they might come across differently

Discoprincess32
21-02-2011, 11:26 PM
There's really nothing special about that :LOL:

That was like a week ago or something that I posted that. I don't even remember what I was referring to. Oh well! Carry on! :D

Frakkles
21-02-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't get where I said anything to the contrary.

James.
21-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Arcade Fire! :awesome:
Enjoy them and Foos those that are going. Shame I am not.

Pip
22-02-2011, 06:10 AM

I've not joined the hate-brigade yet, so me! :P

See you tomorrow! Think our train gets in at 11.17 :D

Liron
22-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Ahhh :awesome: and lol I was so excited about hurts performing, I love their album and now its just been announced they're coming to Israel lol!

Beibi
22-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Hurts are boring live.

Olly.
22-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Yup they are. Only saw/heard them before at oxegen because we were drenched and needed a tent to dry off. Just background cheesy music you'd find in an elevator or on a call centre waiting line.

sparkle19
22-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Ahhh :awesome: and lol I was so excited about hurts performing, I love their album and now its just been announced they're coming to Israel lol!

Ahhh Hurts are performing?! Jealooous :(
Don't think they're boring at all.
*shrug*

Pip
22-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Ahhh Hurts are performing?! Jealooous :(
Don't think they're boring at all.
*shrug*

Are you definitely not coming Amy?

sparkle19
22-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Are you definitely not coming Amy?

Nah, can't really afford it tbh. boo

musecasters
22-02-2011, 04:58 PM
i got tickets but was hoping to park close by rather than rely on public transport, anyone know of a good spot please? :D

L.
22-02-2011, 05:07 PM
i got tickets but was hoping to park close by rather than rely on public transport, anyone know of a good spot please? :D

Sorry can't help I've always taken the tube to get to Brixton and at the top of my head I can't remember seeing any car park around.

musecasters
22-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Sorry can't help I've always taken the tube to get to Brixton and at the top of my head I can't remember seeing any car park around.

ok tanks :-)

shinybee
22-02-2011, 05:27 PM
NME email update is out. The voting is over. It says Hurts, MCR and Foo Fighters will be playing (no mention of Arcade Fire). There's a photo of Muse holding their award at a previous NME Awards. It's on telly Saturday morning and evening (Channel 4 11.25 am and 11.30pm).

LyraSilvertongue
22-02-2011, 05:51 PM

I think there are lots of residential roads around there, so you should be able to park onstreet somewhere within walking distance. Also iirc there's a Tesco/Sainsbury's nearby with a car park so that might be another option.

jackparker
22-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I agree.

Maybe Chris & Dom will go together instead. Matt is probably in USA with Kate so i wouldn't be surprised if Chris & Dom go, tying in with Dom winning sexiest male probably.
Chris should give a speech

dip
22-02-2011, 05:55 PM
1 or 2 special guests.

and someone has coffins on stage.

Frakkles
22-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Tesco has a car park but pretty sure it has a time limit on it. I use to live around that area and past the Academy there's a skate park. Any of the side roads opposite, you can park in after 5.30, I'm pretty sure.

LyraSilvertongue
22-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Maybe Chris & Dom will go together instead. Matt is probably in USA with Kate so i wouldn't be surprised if Chris & Dom go, tying in with Dom winning sexiest male probably.

If you'd read the last page or two you'd know Matt arrived in London with KH a day or two ago.

Frakkles
22-02-2011, 05:58 PM

If you actually read the thread, you'd know Matt and Kate arrived in London recently (yesterday I believe).

EDIT: Beaten too it.

LyraSilvertongue
22-02-2011, 05:58 PM
If you actually read the thread, you'd know Matt and Kate arrived in London recently (yesterday I believe).

I JUST said that :p

Edit: too late.

Frakkles
22-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I JUST said that :p

Yes, hadn't been said when I started writing it since your post hadn't come up yet. :p

finegan
22-02-2011, 06:02 PM

EDIT: Beaten too it.

That is wrong because there were pictures of them yesterday at lunch in LA.

a-museing
22-02-2011, 06:04 PM
They're not in London.

edit: Oops beaten to it

LyraSilvertongue
22-02-2011, 06:10 PM
They're not in London.

edit: Oops beaten to it

Pinky753 said they were :(

Pinky753
22-02-2011, 07:10 PM
I did indeed, I was going on this (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1620724.php/Pregnant-Kate-Hudson-hit-hard-by-nausea) story which mentioned them arriving at Heathrow on Monday, this (http://www.gossipcenter.com/kate-hudson/kate-hudson-shows-growing-baby-bump-479251) one says they were in LA on Monday as well so maybe they flew to the UK after the pics of them in LA were taken? :unsure: Or maybe it's just paparazzi story fail.

dip
22-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Biffy will be in the audience. yay

Frakkles
22-02-2011, 08:18 PM
So they were in LA on Monday afternoon and then managed to get to London around midday the same day?

AnyColourYouLike
22-02-2011, 08:21 PM
So they were in LA on Monday afternoon and then managed to get to London around midday the same day?

Unless the pics are actually from the 20th. Happens with pap pics sometimes it's a day off.

Frakkles
22-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Unless the pics are actually from the 20th. Happens with pap pics sometimes it's a day off.

The LA story was published on the 22nd.

The UK arrival was the 21st.

LyraSilvertongue
22-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Now I'm confused. The first link suggests they were at the airport flying OUT of London. But then it looks like they just used a pic they already had to illustrate their 'Kate has nausea' story, so the pic was unlikely to have been taken on the 21st.
Most likely they're still in LA and have been since the Grammys.
I guess we'll see soon enough, tomorrow night.

musse
22-02-2011, 08:44 PM
:$ It would be awesome if they show up tomorrow's night
I want to see Matt and Dom's faces when they announce the sexiest male award.. they've never disappointed me :LOL:

vibrantXhearts
22-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Biffy will be in the audience. yay

Ooh, really? I thought they were still touring in the US! Happy days :happy:

dip
22-02-2011, 08:47 PM
:$ It would be awesome if they show up tomorrow's night
I want to see Matt and Dom's faces when they announce the sexiest male award.. they've never disappointed me :LOL:

they never announce it.

CarrieB
22-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I did indeed, I was going on this (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1620724.php/Pregnant-Kate-Hudson-hit-hard-by-nausea) story which mentioned them arriving at Heathrow on Monday, this (http://www.gossipcenter.com/kate-hudson/kate-hudson-shows-growing-baby-bump-479251) one says they were in LA on Monday as well so maybe they flew to the UK after the pics of them in LA were taken? :unsure: Or maybe it's just paparazzi story fail.

I can't see where the first report refers to them being in London on Monday at all. It looks like it refers to them leaving after they were last in London.

I would say they were definitely in LA on Monday going by the second report so unlikely to be at the NME awards unfortunately

Also how can anyone be so skinny at four months pregnant? Not fair! :LOL: And he's carrying her handbag, again.:chuckle:

Sorry couldn't resist end/

musecasters
22-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Tesco has a car park but pretty sure it has a time limit on it. I use to live around that area and past the Academy there's a skate park. Any of the side roads opposite, you can park in after 5.30, I'm pretty sure.

I think there are lots of residential roads around there, so you should be able to park onstreet somewhere within walking distance. Also iirc there's a Tesco/Sainsbury's nearby with a car park so that might be another option.

cheers peeps :-)

donmorgan
23-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Hv a great night guys....gutted cant get up to
see it... :( Dave Grohl :) ..... Mmmmm that smile

saski86
23-02-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm going to this tonight. Can't get there early though so I'll be stuck on the balcony this year:(. Just noticed though on the NME website it says that Muse are going to be there:awesome:. Thought they were still in the States.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/55137#

I doubt they'll be performing though, probably just there for the free booze:happy:

Apocalyptic Gerbil
23-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm going to this tonight. Can't get there early though so I'll be stuck on the balcony this year:(. Just noticed though on the NME website it says that Muse are going to be there:awesome:. Thought they were still in the States.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/55137#

I doubt they'll be performing though, probably just there for the free booze:happy:

They will no doubt have won a couple of awards. Call me cynical but I believe if you have won an award but fail to turn up then 90% of the time the organisers will give it to someone else who is at the ceremony and up for the same award.

jackparker
23-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Has anyone noticed this yet on the NME Website? It's quite funny, but maybe a sign muse will win tonight:

Competing in the Best British Band category - based on your votes so far - are Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Biffy Clyro, Foals, Kasabian, Muse. Last year's winner: Muse.

it's on the gallery with the picture of gerard way (it's pic #2)

AviatorAsphyxiation
23-02-2011, 04:49 PM
What time does the actual ceremony start? :erm: Sorry if it's already been answered, I have looked back several pages.:p

dan.
23-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Has anyone noticed this yet on the NME Website? It's quite funny, but maybe a sign muse will win tonight:

Competing in the Best British Band category - based on your votes so far - are Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Biffy Clyro, Foals, Kasabian, Muse. Last year's winner: Muse.

So if your logic was true, Muse are currently winning and losing at the same time? K...

jackparker
23-02-2011, 05:01 PM
So if your logic was true, Muse are currently winning and losing at the same time? K...

the fact that muse was mentioned twice in the nominations just made me laugh, that's all

dan.
23-02-2011, 05:24 PM
the fact that muse was mentioned twice in the nominations just made me laugh, that's all
I was more laughing at NME as well, don't worry. ;)

Gareeh
23-02-2011, 05:37 PM
do people still pay attention to nme?

Beibi
23-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Isn't it obvious?

a-museing
23-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Muse are on the guestlist so I presume this means they won something. :awesome:

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/55138

shinybee
23-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Muse are on the guestlist so I presume this means they won something. :awesome:

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/55138

Muse and The Drums both attending. I seem to recall The Drums saying some unflattering things about Muse, there's a thread somewhere..Wonder if they'll be chatting to each other tonight :)

a-museing
23-02-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.nme.com/awards/webcams

I spy Dave Grohl

leetroot
23-02-2011, 07:06 PM
any news from the musers who are going yet?

sharonb87
23-02-2011, 07:18 PM
any news from the musers who are going yet?

I just know that a few of them got pit passes.. that's about it...

shinybee
23-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Looks like 'Hurts' on the webcam.

hypermusic
23-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Got a text from a muser there saying she just met them.

a-museing
23-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Got a text from a muser there saying she just met them.

Are all 3 of them there?

hypermusic
23-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Are all 3 of them there?

Apparantly so

shinybee
23-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Think I see Chris and Dom on webcam.

Mints
23-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Think I see Chris and Dom on webcam.

Yeah, NME have just tweeted that they're on the webcam now.

dekza
23-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Matt and Dom are giving an interview and Chris as well, by himslef

shinybee
23-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Here they are:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5057/5471376593_6099399c40.jpg

aline_d
23-02-2011, 07:43 PM
They arrived http://twitpic.com/42zoco

CarrieB
23-02-2011, 07:45 PM
They arrived http://twitpic.com/42zoco

Ooo, I'm suddenly excited, I didn't think they would be there! :D

Has anyone got a link to the webcam? Or to the interviews?

Fingers crossed for their chances.

Aww, I think it's really nice that they've attended! There's not many that would fly in especially! :happy:

Mints
23-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Ooo, I'm suddenly excited, I didn't think they would be there! :D

Has anyone got a link to the webcam? Or to the interviews?

Fingers crossed for their chances.

http://www.nme.com/awards/webcams :)

beeSides
23-02-2011, 07:47 PM
:chuckle:

http://www.nme.com/images/gallery/NMEAwardsQueueDD230211.jpg

CarrieB
23-02-2011, 07:48 PM
http://www.nme.com/awards/webcams :)

Thank you. :)

JoMUSE16
23-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Dom's jacket is pretty amazing :happy:

shinybee
23-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Another pic of Matt and Dom

http://twitpic.com/42zpmu

Matt

http://twitpic.com/42zop0

jennyfluff
23-02-2011, 07:51 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh357rQblj1qc5woao1_500.jpg

Luxemburger Queen
23-02-2011, 07:51 PM

http://www.nme.com/images/gallery/nmeawardsqueuedd230211.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: <3

/caps fail :chuckle:

leetroot
23-02-2011, 07:52 PM

that's pip isn't it (with the green hair) :LOL:

beeSides
23-02-2011, 07:52 PM
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: <3

/caps fail :chuckle:

photobombollyg! :awesome:

shinybee
23-02-2011, 07:53 PM
that's pip isn't it (with the green hair) :LOL:

Yep, we won't miss her in the pit!

a-museing
Dom's wearing the same jacket to 2 different award shows? :noey:

CarrieB

Matt's got a new t-shirt! That's an amazing revelation alone! :chuckle: I wonder what it says!

leetroot
Yep, we won't miss her in the pit!

did they get in there then? :D

shinybee
23-02-2011, 07:54 PM
did they get in there then? :D

Yep, that photo is them grabbing the yellow pit tickets.

Mints
23-02-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.nme.com/radio They're talking to people in the queue and chatting about the awards inbetween songs.

hipbones
23-02-2011, 07:55 PM
I didn't think they'd be there tbh. Nice one.

beeSides
23-02-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.nme.com/radio They're talking to people in the queue and chatting about the awards inbetween songs.

oh thanks for that! :D

StrawberryGloss
23-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I was wondering what was going on with so many people in the forum... just found this ! :D Good luck to the guys! :D :D

Mints
23-02-2011, 07:58 PM
NME have tweeted it's 10 minutes until showtime. :D

pokemew
23-02-2011, 08:01 PM
just a dumb question, what is the pit you are talking about? And Olly on that picture :chuckle:

sharonb87
23-02-2011, 08:01 PM

:LOL:

Pip's wig is :awesome:

shinybee
23-02-2011, 08:02 PM
just a dumb question, what is the pit you are talking about? And Olly on that picture :chuckle:

The small section right in front of the stage, you can see it here:

http://www.nme.com/awards/webcams

leetroot
23-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Yep, that photo is them grabbing the yellow pit tickets.

nice and orderly :LOL:

the pit is teeny. definitely the place to be

beeSides
23-02-2011, 08:03 PM

the small area in front of the stage for some ticketholders to stand. i think most people with tickets end up in the balcony? :unsure:

leetroot
23-02-2011, 08:04 PM
first one to spot them in the pit gets a prize

sharonb87
23-02-2011, 08:05 PM
first one to spot them in the pit gets a prize

I don't think it will be that difficult!! :LOL:

pokemew
23-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Ohhh I see, yes yes, the pit, now I got it! Nice :D

Hope they have a lot of fun then!

JoMUSE16
23-02-2011, 08:06 PM
are they ment to be performing tonight?

leetroot
23-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't think it will be that difficult!! :LOL:

hold on, i'm just about to give out the phone number for the prizeline. calls cost £5 per second. calls from mobiles may be considerably more :LOL:

fuesch
23-02-2011, 08:07 PM

This is my kitchen! Um, I mean I spy German on Matt's shirt. Haha.

leetroot
23-02-2011, 08:08 PM
the crowds are in

shinybee
23-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Pip mentioned/interviewed on Radio! She said the wig was a bit of fun/attention seeking :)

beeSides
23-02-2011, 08:09 PM
i hear pip on the radio! was that olly and ryan as well! :LOL:

legends :awesome:

pokemew
23-02-2011, 08:11 PM
i hear pip on the radio! was that olly and ryan as well! :LOL:

legends :awesome:

leetroot
23-02-2011, 08:12 PM
i swore i wouldn't sit here all night F5 ing.

beeSides
23-02-2011, 08:14 PM

whoever was in that group interviewed, there was no mention of muse :LOL:

sharonb87
23-02-2011, 08:14 PM
As I thought I think most of the guys are on the right side of the stage.. you can notice a bit of rainbow of colors there... :chuckle:
I might be wrong.. the lighting and quality of the webcams suck!

CarrieB
23-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know when the boys will be interviewed? I might go and watch Waterloo Road if it's not until the end.

Emma_Muse
23-02-2011, 08:18 PM
http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/MusePA230211.jpg

pokemew
23-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Edit: ^^^ FFUUUUU you beat me to it

new nme pic

Luxemburger Queen
23-02-2011, 08:19 PM

They left their happy faces at home :chuckle:

beeSides
:awesome: looking good :awesome:

shinybee

Nice one, thanks! Matt knows to stand near the camera so he doesn't look short :)

Tofu
23-02-2011, 08:20 PM
oh, this is exciting. :awesome: I didn't know they were going this year.

Luxemburger Queen
23-02-2011, 08:20 PM
:awesome: looking good :awesome:

Except for Dom. Wtf is he wearing :LOL:

pokemew
23-02-2011, 08:21 PM

Matt looks like he's going to a Gym. And Dom...I don't know if he looks good or bad :LOL:

beeSides
23-02-2011, 08:22 PM

he looks more put together than matt! :LOL:

a-museing
23-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Edit: ^^^ FFUUUUU you beat me to it

new nme pic

Good to see they made an effort ... :awesome:

Is that fur on the inside of Matt's jacket? Looks cosy.

shinybee
23-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Good to see they made an effort ... :awesome:

:LOL: You have to look like you don't care at the NMEs I reckon, the complete opposite of The Grammys.

laurenn1
23-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Aww they all look relatively normal

Luxemburger Queen
he looks more put together than matt! :LOL:

By default I don't pay attention to Matt :chuckle: But I looked.. oh dear :LOL:

Emma_Muse
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/109371737.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6478A718CBB908418 8E3D053A9141AC3DEA832ED24A47826E

Is that Kate Hudson behind Matt?

beeSides
chris :eyebrows:

a-museing
23-02-2011, 08:26 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/109371737.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6478A718CBB908418 8E3D053A9141AC3DEA832ED24A47826E

I think it's Laura Whitmore

Tofu
:LOL: You have to look like you don't care at the NMEs I reckon, the complete opposite of The Grammys.

I like it. :yesey:

beeSides

gtfo