PDA

View Full Version : Critcism on the Muse Board

MuseRLegend
18-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Firstly, I am 14, and have only been a Muse fan for a year, but that is simply because I never used to listen to music. My favourite album is OoS, not The Resistance, so I'm not the sterotype of a 'new teenage fan'. I do NOT like Twilight, I like the Douglas Adams and Richard Dawkins, so don't get any ideas. I joined this crazy message board because I wanted to talk to people who shared my passion. The Muse board brought me a great sense of belonging, and I will never forget all the lovely people on here, who have understood my obsession for Muse.

Right, onto the serious stuff: Recently, I have noticed the increase of criticism on these boards. Whether its about setlists or Twilight, a minority of musers seem to moan about everything. Its starting to get on my nerves, and I don't think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind a bit of positivity for a change.

I'm sure everyone has had the odd disagreement or minor annoyance they want to talk about, but I think its time people stopped constantly complaining. This is a forum for Muse fans, who want to talk about their love for Muse. If you want to criticise and be negative all the time, go somewhere else. No matter how many times you moan about Feeling Good being played live, it won't be changed. Muse have changed with every album, and no ammount of complaints will bring back the 'good old days'. Muse have every right to grow and expand in different ways, and if you don't like it, fine, but others do, and we would like to talk about it in peace.

Sorry about my rant, but I felt the situation had to be addressed. I apologuise if I offended anyone, and sorry if this has been brought up before.

EDIT: Ok, I'm surpirsed at the amount of replies, and I can't reply to everyone, so here's my general reply: I am not saying you can't complain, I've done it myself before, but I just think that certain people actually come on here to moan and be negative. I am not trying to violate your rights to express your opinion, I would just appreciate it if Muse's every move could have slightly less criticism before I top myself (and I'm joking, by the way). You have every right to an opinion, just as I do. I just happen not to agree with yours all the time.

Max
18-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Sorry that we're not allowed to spaff to everything Muse do, o great leader of communist Russia.

sparkle19
18-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Bloody hell, get over the fact that people will moan.

Mozza
18-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I love freedom of speech

seregon
18-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Am I allowed to say you've spelt criticism wrong?

CydonianCrystal
18-05-2010, 08:31 PM
I felt the same when I first joined these boards. But then I became like them. Good luck!!

But I think it's good people moan, it shows how much people appreciate the core of Muse and in many instances they're moaning about something they believe will make Muse go downhill as it were - it's just fans wanting their band to be as awesome as we all know they can be!!

sparkle19
18-05-2010, 08:32 PM

And apologise.

MuseRnotLegend.

beeSides
Firstly, I am 14, and have only been a Muse fan for a year, but that is simply because I never used to listen to music. My favourite song is B&H, not SmBH, so I'm not the sterotype of a 'new teenage fan'. I do NOT like Twilight, I like the Douglas Adams and Richard Dawkins, so don't get any ideas. I joined this crazy message board because I wanted to talk to people who shared my passion. The Muse board brought me a great sense of belonging, and I will never forget all the lovely people on here, who have understood my obsession for Muse.

Right, onto the serious stuff: Recently, I have noticed the increase of criticism on these boards. Whether its about setlists or Twilight, a minority of musers seem to moan about everything. Its starting to get on my nerves, and I don't think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind a bit of positivity for a change.

I'm sure everyone has had the odd disagreement or minor annoyance they want to talk about, but I think its time people stopped constantly complaining. This is a forum for Muse fans, who want to talk about their love for Muse. If you want to criticise and be negative all the time, go somewhere else. No matter how many times you moan about Feeling Good being played live, it won't be changed. Muse have changed with every album, and no ammount of complaints will bring back the 'good old days'. Muse have every right to grow and expand in different ways, and if you don't like it, fine, but others do, and we would like to talk about it in peace.

Sorry about my rant, but I felt the situation had to be addressed. I apologuise if I offended anyone, and sorry if this has been brought up before.

sorry honey. i'm a muse fan. i love muse. but i'm only positive on tuesdays thursdays saturdays and sundays.

why?

because even though i love them most of the time they are not perfect and occasionally pull songs out of their arses which in my right to an opinion do criticise...and in order to find some balance i've restricted my negative comments to mondays, wednesdays and fridays. :LOL:

:p

so...you want hearts and flowers all the time? you're not going to get them in life and you're not going to get them here. i don't mean to sound harsh..but it's the truth.

:)

kjk62289
its not necessarily people complaining, everyone wants to express their opinion.
if someone doesnt like something theyre going to express it. theres nothing wrong with that. some people are just more opinionated and blatant about it. id rather hear an honest opinion than just people praising muse for everything they do.

Ethan.
18-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I'd hate for you to be a mod :p

essee
18-05-2010, 08:34 PM
don't we have the right to complain?
after all, we are their fans and spend a lot of our money on them, shouldn't we be allowed to say anything?

Mozza
18-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I felt the same when I first joined these boards. But then I became like them. Good luck!!

But I think it's good people moan, it shows how much people appreciate the core of Muse and in many instances they're moaning about something they believe will make Muse go downhill as it were - it's just fans wanting their band to be as awesome as we all know they can be!!

:yesey:

It's because most of the rational complainers (yes there are some morons out there with some very odd views) don't express their love for muse constantly on the boards, so usually when they do make a post in the muse areas it is because they feel the band has done something that has disappointed them. Some of the regular main muse people then just see this 'banterer' or 'randomer' criticise Muse and just flip and start making up stories, which the obviously leads to clarifications and in some cases character defenses. It is because people care. If they didn't care about Muse then they'd pretend the Muse section of the board didn't exist and just laugh at their failings.

Melania13
18-05-2010, 08:37 PM

:fear: NO! :p

I don't mind the criticism about songs....because everyone has a preference. some people hate UD and GL and Starlight, while others may despise Cave, Micro Cuts, and ToADA...

i happen to love almost all Muse songs, but it took a little while for me to warm up to the entire Showbiz/OoS Muse...

That being said, it pisses me off when people judge others for their taste... like:

"oh you like NSC? You have horrible taste! Muse hit their peak OoS/Abso....etc"
and then people fight, for no reason, with no foreseeable reward--> Music is like art, you may think Picasso is shit, but he's famous for a reason:unsure:

Glorious Resistance
18-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Alright. Well, basically if people aren't complete twats, they can share their opinion on here if they want. Sometimes I do question some musers on here about whether they even like Muse anymore, but that's not really all the time. It's whatever.

Mozza
18-05-2010, 08:40 PM
:fear: NO! :p

I don't mind the criticism about songs....because everyone has a preference. some people hate UD and GL and Starlight, while others may despise Cave, Micro Cuts, and ToADA...

i happen to love almost all Muse songs, but it took a little while for me to warm up to the entire Showbiz/OoS Muse...

That being said, it pisses me off when people judge others for their taste... like:

"oh you like NSC? You have horrible taste! Muse hit their peak OoS/Abso....etc"
and then people fight, for no reason, with no foreseeable reward--> Music is like art, you may think Picasso is shit, but he's famous for a reason:unsure:

But I don't see any of that. If that was the case then fair enough.

To the other poster, as someone who has invested a lot of time and money into Muse, and supported them for 8 years, if I feel that their direction is disappointing me, then I have a right to complain, I feel disheartened by what they are doing, and to be frank ripped off in November. Sure it's going to change nothing but I really don't see why I should just accept 'oh well that was shit but at least they're trying hard'.

crazydays
18-05-2010, 08:41 PM
no, budge off, i think he's got a point. I mean, you obviously shouldn't censor your words if that's really what you think, but considering we're supposed to be the biggest muse fans, hanging out on the muse board, the amount of criticism is just a bit surprising.

I think people forget that we're fans of the band, not their managers or advisors, and if you dislike them that much then you should probably find another forum. I know it's all in good fun most of the time, and generally 'constructive' criticism/discussion, but some comments and jokes have been repeated so often that the arguments lose purpose and it brings everybody down.

I used to like feeling good before I came here, but now I feel strange saying that I do. :chuckle:

and banter is a different story all together. :erm:

Melania13
18-05-2010, 08:44 PM
no, budge off, i think he's got a point. I mean, you obviously shouldn't censor your words if that's really what you think, but considering we're supposed to be the biggest muse fans, hanging out on the muse board, the amount of criticism is just a bit surprising.

I think people forget that we're fans of the band, not their managers or advisors, and if you dislike them that much then you should probably find another forum. I know it's all in good fun most of the time, and generally 'constructive' criticism/discussion, but some comments and jokes have been repeated so often that the arguments lose purpose and it brings everybody down.

I used to like feeling good before I came here, but now I feel strange saying that I do. :chuckle:

you make good points! :D they spend a TON of money on these boards and the website for us, but then we turn around and act like we're paying them (through purchases and such)

ANYWAY *feeling good high five* :awesome: i like it too :ninja:

Glorious Resistance
18-05-2010, 08:45 PM

I agree with this.
Constructive criticism I can see appropriate...but like I said...it gets to be a bit much sometimes.
And don't worry, I like Feeling Good too lol
AND GUIDING LIGHT and I'm not afraid to fecking say it.

Melania13
18-05-2010, 08:47 PM
AND GUIDING LIGHT and I'm not afraid to fecking say it.

*guiding light high five* :D

kjk62289
18-05-2010, 08:50 PM
i think if you like something dont be afraid to say it, if you dont then say it as well. as i said your allowed to express your opinion. thers obviously going to be things people dislike. everyone may not agree with it but thats life. yes they do pay for the board, and its for fans to talk about the band, may that be things they like or arent necessarily a fan of.
i personally havent said anything to "criticise" the band.

Max
18-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I think it's fair to say that a lot of people who moan about the people who complain don't realise where they're coming from. Most of the people who make critical comments, which I see as well constructed for the most part, are ones who have been fans of Muse long enough and/or have invested lots into Muse in the past and have a sense of what Muse were once capable.

And do not get me started on the people who say 'well, if you don't like them, why don't you fuck off then?' No, why don't YOU fuck off for making such a moronic statement.

Glorious Resistance
18-05-2010, 08:52 PM
*guiding light high five* :D
*high fives* :awesome:

Ethan.
18-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Guiding Light? Fucking fuck yeah. Beastly guitar solo, shows that Matteh can shred like Satan.

Feeling Good? It's a great song! We got it at Birmingham in November. Although, I must admit, it is sort of overplayed, in my opinion. But I still lub it.

Neutron Star Collision? It's on my MP3 player, and is a brilliant listen. I love it too!

But nothing will ever stop the complaining about Twilight. It gives us something to bitch about, and everyone needs a good bitch every now and then!

Fuck Twilight... vampires are meant to suck blood, not cock... :D

Max
18-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Also, Banter has nothing to do with this. :noey: It just doesn't.

Rage Kitty
18-05-2010, 08:54 PM

Even if your the biggest fan of something you can find things to criticise about it.
No one should think Matt Bellamy has cosmic rays shining out of his supermassive bumhole no matter how many good songs he and Muse write

And Grr! Banter - bunch of wanke- OH WAIT!
:awesome:

Mozza
18-05-2010, 08:54 PM

They probably think that if you log on to the forum and don't post about Muse you should fuck off too. Never mind actually having friends on here from my various spells of residency.

Rage Kitty
18-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Guiding Light? Fucking fuck yeah. Beastly guitar solo, shows that Matteh can shred like Satan.

Feeling Good? It's a great song! We got it at Birmingham in November. Although, I must admit, it is sort of overplayed, in my opinion. But I still lub it.

Neutron Star Collision? It's on my MP3 player, and is a brilliant listen. I love it too!

But nothing will ever stop the complaining about Twilight. It gives us something to bitch about, and everyone needs a good bitch every now and then!

Fuck Twilight... vampires are meant to suck blood, not cock... :D

I love you for this line!
:LOL:

seregon
I think it's fair to say that a lot of people who moan about the people who complain don't realise where they're coming from. Most of the people who make critical comments, which I see as well constructed for the most part, are ones who have been fans of Muse long enough and/or have invested lots into Muse in the past and have a sense of what Muse were once capable.

And do not get me started on the people who say 'well, if you don't like them, why don't you fuck off then?' No, why don't YOU fuck off for making such a moronic statement.

+1

We all have different interests, minds, opinions, attitudes etc so of course there's going to be a huge mixture of positivity and negativity. Fair enough, if you like certain songs others don't, why would it matter? People really misunderstand things on this forum which is understandable but others act so defensive it all just goes round in circles. People just need to realise this is life. Pretty much everyone who posts in Main Muse is a Muse fan or has been at some point. Besides, it's not in the FAQs that you have to be a Muse fan to join. This forum has covered just about everything.

Hey, if I was 16 again I'd probably be agreeing with you. Muse were my life then. I've changed a lot since then :LOL:

Astronoma
Once upon a time I was a shiny new 16 year old Muse fan who blindly devoted them. In the back of your mind you can see the argument but you feel like never the less you HAVE to defend them. Feels like I see quite a bit of that lately. Thats just how I was anyway... That swiftly changed in a few months for me however lol

I may complain about them but I've been on this board since 2006 and I've done enough spaffing to last a good while as well as travel to 5 countries to see them numerous times. I have an opinion these days in that I don't like where they are going. Don't see why I can't express that opinion. Its far from blind criticism. And when I do have a good opinion I will give it, not just for the sake that its Muse. Thought at the end of the day, If someone can't handle me having a different opinion to them then thats their problem not mine.:)

dip
18-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I blame those dicks in banter as well, they were mean about IBTY when the album first got released and knocks matts confidence. those dicks.

also, they said all of your mommas were fat.

seregon
18-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Yes. Please stop it, please. Some of us just like to talk about other things! Every forum has an Other Topic section, Banter just happens to be a very popular one

Mozza
18-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes. Please stop it, please. Some of us just like to talk about other things! Every forum has an Other Topic section, Banter just happens to be a very popular one

Everytime you post in Banter or the Radiohead thread Matt cries a little and has to write a love ballad to show his feelings. It's all your fault!

seraphrevan
18-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Whining about setlists is an in-joke.

Mozza
18-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Whining about setlists is an in-joke.

Yes. It must be an in-joke and nothing to do with people actually not liking the setlists. They're amazing, why change it if it's not broken?

Those Deaf Mutes
They should stop making shit. plzkthx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8kchdwFPM

they should make pro beatz like this

Rage Kitty
Oh noes!
I am not a trueMattfan!
:'(

I shall drown myself in melted brie and make sure to put some chives on my tasty grave

Rage Kitty
18-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Yes. It must be an in-joke and nothing to do with people actually not liking the setlists. They're amazing, why change it if it's not broken?

Feeling Good is amazing

(When Nina Simone does it)

Mozza
18-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Feeling Good is amazing

(When Nina Simone does it)

Buble is better :phu:

Glorious Resistance
18-05-2010, 09:26 PM
:srsb33f:

Rage Kitty
18-05-2010, 09:29 PM
:srsb33f:

This is the diet cola of beef

Mozza
18-05-2010, 09:30 PM
This is the diet cola of beef

It's your McDonalds rubbery burger style beef.

seregon
18-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Everytime you post in Banter or the Radiohead thread Matt cries a little and has to write a love ballad to show his feelings. It's all your fault!

You're the one who makes fun of his lyrics, it's your fault Mozza!

Ethan.
18-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I shall drown myself in melted brie and make sure to put some chives on my tasty grave

:eek:

Request permission to lick you aaaaalllll over :awesome:

If you're a chick, though. If you're a dude, then... well... I'll use a spoon.

That's right. I love brie so much that I would be willing to eat it off a naked man with a spoon.

Also, yay, I'm sigged :chuckle:

Mozza
18-05-2010, 09:33 PM
You're the one who makes fun of his lyrics, it's your fault Mozza!

But they're so easy to rewrite!

Disclaimer: I also re-write lyrics to Muse songs I like.

dip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WxDrVUrSvI

superimposition
Oh dear. People will always complain, there's nothing you can do about it. Get used to it...

And with that;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z79vd3NpW7k

Rage Kitty
18-05-2010, 09:35 PM
:eek:

Request permission to lick you aaaaalllll over :awesome:

If you're a chick, though. If you're a dude, then... well... I'll use a spoon.

That's right. I love brie so much that I would be willing to eat it off a naked man with a spoon.

Also, yay, I'm sigged :chuckle:

I have medical reports to state I am a lady
:D

Ethan.
18-05-2010, 09:38 PM
I have medical reports to state I am a lady
:D

Consider me ready to nom melted brie off your nekkidness, then :eyebrows::stongue:

a-museing
18-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I know what you're saying. The board as a whole has become a lot more negative recently and it is making this place less than enjoyable. Maybe add some of the people who really irritate you with their moans to your ignore list if it's really pissing you off?

a-museing
18-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I know what you're saying. The board as a whole has become a lot more negative recently and it is making this place less than enjoyable. Maybe add some of the people who really irritate you with their moans to your ignore list if it's really pissing you off?

Max
18-05-2010, 09:45 PM

You can't change people's moods though. It would be a fucked up planet if there was such a function available.

Triple C
18-05-2010, 09:54 PM
I have no problem with criticism. In fact, I'd hate to see a forum on music (or any other type of art, sport or politic) where everyone loved everything and questioned nothing. My personality is such that if I don't care for something, I tend to ignore it rather than dwell on it and beat the life out of it. However, I do like to think critically and hear others' criticisms. I don't come here and expect a rah-rah love fest in every thread.

Here's where I get discouraged: When people get so cranked up and so angry over a song, an album, a setlist that they become vitriolic toward other fans. I don't like to have it insinuated that I'm a worthless fool for liking Neutron Star Collision or Starlight. I don't like being told my favorite band is crap in a manner that almost forbids me to disagree. Muse has meant a lot to me over the past five, six years ... their old material and their new. I expect folks to feel differently about different songs. I don't expect, and would rather do without, malice.

On an off-topicy note, it's funny, I notice the same type of behavior on the Mercedes-Benz message board I frequent. We're all there, supposedly, because we love the carmake. But I've been told by the occasional member that my car, a 1987 model, is a piece of shit, that the 1985-and-earlier cars are the only ones that are worthy of restoration and enthusiasm. It never ends, the bitching: the W124 body style is crap, the OM603.971 engine is crap, the new Mercedes are crap, the M-Class is crap. There's more bitching than lauding. Same on the Muse forum. Same in life. People like bitching ... especially if they're passionate, like most of us are.:happy:

Mozza
18-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I have no problem with criticism. In fact, I'd hate to see a forum on music (or any other type of art, sport or politic) where everyone loved everything and questioned nothing. My personality is such that if I don't care for something, I tend to ignore it rather than dwell on it and beat the life out of it. However, I do like to think critically and hear others' criticisms. I don't come here and expect a rah-rah love fest in every thread.

Here's where I get discouraged: When people get so cranked up and so angry over a song, an album, a setlist that they become vitriolic toward other fans. I don't like to have it insinuated that I'm a worthless fool for liking Neutron Star Collision or Starlight. I don't like being told my favorite band is crap in a manner that almost forbids me to disagree. Muse has meant a lot to me over the past five, six years ... their old material and their new. I expect folks to feel differently about different songs. I don't expect, and would rather do without, malice.

On an off-topicy note, it's funny, I notice the same type of behavior on the Mercedes-Benz message board I frequent. We're all there, supposedly, because we love the carmake. But I've been told by the occasional member that my car, a 1987 model, is a piece of shit, that the 1985-and-earlier cars are the only ones that are worthy of restoration and enthusiasm. It never ends, the bitching: the W124 body style is crap, the OM603.971 engine is crap, the new Mercedes are crap, the M-Class is crap. There's more bitching than lauding. Same on the Muse forum. Same in life. People like bitching ... especially if they're passionate, like most of us are.:happy:

But that isn't generally happening, people are assuming that one person not liking a song = anyone who likes it is a fool. This is why the negativity keeps on going, because a negative comment that is reasonable is assumed to be one that is unreasonable, so the person who made the intial comment defends what they said, so more people attack them, and the cycle goes on and on and on and on

Ethan.
18-05-2010, 09:58 PM
goes on and on and on and on

But soon we will see, THERE CAN BE OOOOOONLY ONE!

Sorry. Just could not resist :p

Mizutsu
18-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I love freedom of speech

Thick irony.

Constant hate (not criticism) in the form of repetitive bashing and impoliteness on the boards against the new style and album of Muse annoys me as well. Sometimes, people don't take me seriously because I love The Resistance and most of their new stuff. Though I'm young, I have a taste in music that's relatively well formed, I would say. I feel like the younger group of people here (13-17) take a lot of the heat for being "new fans" and also people who have recent joining dates. Jeez.

P.S. Nice favourite song. :happy:

slipperypoo
18-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Hmmm. It's a bit bizzarre.

I love Muse. Yaaaay. But I must admit, I still think OOS is their best album by a long way. That's allowed. I think they are going downhill. That's allowed, too.

It is annoying, but I reckon that people in my frame of mind do just have to accept they are not the band they once were, and most probably won't be as good as they once were ever again. I've had to make my peace with this about Kings of Leon, and it will be much harder, but I will have to make my peace with that about Muse, too.

But then again, it's all subjective. A lot of people will prefer their more recent stuff, and will disagree with me. That's allowed, too. If people are being negative then take no notice, you like it and that's all there is to it. Go and listen to BHAR or TR to your heart's content, nobody is stopping you.

I used to come on this board for the Muse talk. I find myself in Banter most of the time now. Oh well, shit happens.

If Muse come back around to my taste, and their next album is IMO better than OOS, and more of that sound, then happy days. If not, I will just listen to Showbiz, OOS and Abso if the mood takes me, and think....that was some good shit, right there.

Plus, if people are being too bitchy, then you can try and discuss it....? Rather than just spaff about how good a song is, because frankly, that is annoying.

shinybee
18-05-2010, 10:34 PM
MuseRLegend I can see why all the negativity is getting on your nerves. It does hit you that's there's a lot of it when you join the board and it's a bit surprising as it's meant to be a board for people who are fans of Muse!

However, if there wasn't any moaning or arguing the board would be quite dull and there probably wouldn't be as many people on it! There's always going to be people who genuinely aren't happy about some things, but maybe there's so much moaning because people get caught up in it and enjoy the banter (not talking about the banter thread btw).

People should have respect for your views though, no matter what your age and if you say you like less popular songs or even everything Muse do you shouldn't get bashed either.

Anyway, I wouldn't take it to heart if I were you. There are positive posts out there! :D

Liron
18-05-2010, 10:38 PM
If your best friend looked fat in a dress would you tell her or lie?

No one should follow anyone blindly, you should feel free to express your thoughts and opinions. We all came here first cos we like Muse's music but I don't see anything wrong about criticising it if you don't like a song or two or an album or a setlist or whatever. As long as it doesn't reach personal levels, who cares? And honestly I love the fact they keep playing Feeling Good and basically say eff you to everyone who moaned about it here (me included) :LOL:

Mozza
18-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't think they play Feeling Good to piss off the moaners, but yeah criticism of the band's output is fine and healthy but this whole place would be better without the personal attacks

lovemybones
18-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I feel like the younger group of people here (13-17) take a lot of the heat for being "new fans" and also people who have recent joining dates. Jeez.

AMEN to that. I lurked for ages and ages before I joined, was to terrifed to try and speak to people. Yet it is automatically assumed in most cases that join date defines loyalty to the band aha

beeSides
18-05-2010, 11:01 PM
If your best friend looked fat in a dress would you tell her or lie?

No one should follow anyone blindly, you should feel free to express your thoughts and opinions. We all came here first cos we like Muse's music but I don't see anything wrong about criticising it if you don't like a song or two or an album or a setlist or whatever. As long as it doesn't reach personal levels, who cares? And honestly I love the fact they keep playing Feeling Good and basically say eff you to everyone who moaned about it here (me included) :LOL:

:chuckle:

<3

i have a friend who didn't take kindly to my honesty about her skirt once.
she's never let me forget about it.
and yet we're still friends :LOL:

i know...cool story :p

Liron
18-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't think they play Feeling Good to piss off the moaners, but yeah criticism of the band's output is fine and healthy but this whole place would be better without the personal attacks

I know.. it still amuses me though how upset everyone get when they notice the megaphone. Every time!

kjk62289
18-05-2010, 11:03 PM
your join date certainly has nothing to do with your loyalty, ive been a fan for YEARS, i just have never joined until a couple months ago ( im almost 21)

Liron
18-05-2010, 11:03 PM
:chuckle:

<3

i have a friend who didn't take kindly to my honesty about her skirt once.
she's never let me forget about it.
and yet we're still friends :LOL:

i know...cool story :p

See, next time you see Muse just go 'Hi, NSC's shit.' I'm sure you'll still be friends :D

Mozza
18-05-2010, 11:04 PM
join dates mean fuck all, i wish they did though because then i'd be important

slipperypoo
18-05-2010, 11:07 PM
All the join date does is prove that we were all once young annoying newbies. I was 14 when I joined :LOL:

L.
18-05-2010, 11:10 PM
At the end of the day this is a discussion forum and it implies that there will be opinions from the different opposite of the spectrum (positive and negative). We are all individuals and all have different tastes and perceptions of what is good or bad and certainly have a right to express it.

See, next time you see Muse just go 'Hi, NSC's shit.' I'm sure you'll still be friends :D

Can I call shotgun to be the one who gets to talk to them about Guiding Light? :D

Cameron
18-05-2010, 11:12 PM
This is one of the most tame message boards I've ever been on, tbh. I don't know what people are complaining about... It's usually so much worse, IMO. There's always going to be differing opinions and negativity with bands, especially when the band has been around for a long time and their sound evolves, get over it. ;)

control
18-05-2010, 11:25 PM

Liron
18-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Can I call shotgun to be the one who gets to talk to them about Guiding Light? :D

O please do. I never have the guts for it LOL honestly, I bet they'd appreciate the honesty.. they probably have enough ass lickers around.

seregon
18-05-2010, 11:31 PM
This is one of the most tame message boards I've ever been on, tbh. I don't know what people are complaining about... It's usually so much worse, IMO. There's always going to be differing opinions and negativity with bands, especially when the band has been around for a long time and their sound evolves, get over it. ;)

I agree. I really don't get it when people disagree over something in this section and about 5 people will go "No beef guys" that isn't beef! :LOL:

Billy
18-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Every single person signed up to these forums and viewing these forums at the very least likes Muse. As a band increases in popularity and gains more fans they naturally become more accessible to the masses. We're talking radio play, music videos, festival appearances, more shows, bigger venues etc. This popularity has a huge effect on a lot of bands, suddenly they question what they're producing because it has to appeal to so many people.

You then get albums like The Resistance, a solid album which is not one thing nor another. It sways in one direction with Undisclosed Desires then takes us back with MK Ultra. It pisses us off with Guiding Light then draws us back with The Symphony. It's a great album but it represents what Muse are at the minute - a HUGE band that are very much in the limelight. Their next album with be scrutinized harshly by everyone, they essentially can't win. You have an 'old school' base of fans that adore them because of their older work and a newer fanbase that like them due to their more recent releases.

Bands need criticism, if they didn't it would suck because everyone would like the same thing. Just like in life - criticism is essential to the paths you take and the decisions you make. Forums are never ever ever a decent representative of music fans, did I say never? Simply because most people do not have the time to contribute to one specific band on an internet discussion board. These boards are mostly made up of pretty dedicated fans, or people who have been influenced by some of Muse's music. Therefore it's always a pretty bias view, the casual Muse fan will love them for Plug in Baby and Supermassive Black Hole... That IS the unfortunate truth. But they buy the tickets too, we all have the same value. ;)

/lecture :LOL:

beeSides
18-05-2010, 11:34 PM

how about...

"hey guys...nsc reminds me of a stained old horizontally striped shirt. wearing it makes you look fat and lazy...maybe shelve that eh?"

no...maybe not...

"hello! thanks for nsc. to return the favor i've brought you a dozen cheez whiz cans!" :awesome:

:p

Liron
18-05-2010, 11:36 PM
"hello! thanks for nsc. to return the favor i've brought you a dozen cheez whiz cans!" :awesome:

:\mm/:

"even doris couldn't handle the cheeseness"

beeSides
18-05-2010, 11:37 PM
:\mm/:

"even doris couldn't handle the cheeseness"

http://ocanada.com.au/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/170x170/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/K/r/KraftCheezWhiz1kg_Lge_1.png

sooo tasty!!! :awesome:

MattC13
19-05-2010, 12:17 AM
heil muse

James.
19-05-2010, 12:34 AM
People have opinions? Shocking.

Luigi.
19-05-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm guessing this would be the punishment for criticizing Muse. :LOL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1LWhNpTJU

WutDaFucksy
19-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Look you can't expect every Muse fan to be happy with what the are doing. The boards would be creepy (well creepier) and boring if people didn't have opinions on things!

Triple C
19-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Look you can't expect every Muse fan to be happy with what the are doing. The boards would be creepy (well creepier) and boring if people didn't have opinions on things!

Indeed. Like I said, art, sport and politics need a little unrest. Otherwise it would get dangerously monotone. And no one's forcing anyone to read any particular thread ... I tend to slip out of ones they get uncivil. Although sometimes morbid curiosity and fighting spirit compel me to read things that piss me off anyway ... :D

Caff
19-05-2010, 02:13 AM

If we all had the same opinion it would definitely be boring. If some people got what they wanted the board would basically go like this...

"Muse rock!"

"Yeah I agree! So awesome!"

"I know! :)"

Now imagine that for every single page in every single topic. The board would be dead within a month.

MattXXI
19-05-2010, 02:14 AM
It happens.

the aurora
19-05-2010, 02:25 AM
I like B.

xbroken_ideals
19-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Get used to it. I'm a fourteen year old who came here for the same reason as you. These boards have taught me to become an even bigger pessimist :)

Furygirl
19-05-2010, 03:21 AM
I used to watch soap operas. Now I just read the Muse board.

xbroken_ideals
19-05-2010, 03:22 AM
I used to do stuff. All kinds of stuff.
Until I discovered forums and the delicious secrets they hold.

rainingradioheads
19-05-2010, 03:44 AM

Yeah, the criticism has gotten a little heavy lately. I'm not saying people with negative opinions should keep them to themselves, that would make me a huge hypocrite. I've just not read a lot of positives about them lately, although I'm probably reading the wrong people's posts. It's kind of sad since most here actually enjoy their music.

I'll just go hide in the YMT where we don't really talk about Muse anyways, so I don't have to worry about it. :happy:

Mozza
19-05-2010, 07:37 AM

Yeah, the criticism has gotten a little heavy lately. I'm not saying people with negative opinions should keep them to themselves, that would make me a huge hypocrite. I've just not read a lot of positives about them lately, although I'm probably reading the wrong people's posts. It's kind of sad since most here actually enjoy their music.

I'll just go hide in the YMT where we don't really talk about Muse anyways, so I don't have to worry about it. :happy:

Talk about Muse or get the GTFO :phu:

With the negatives, there are people (like me) who are very disappointed in Muse's recent activity, and that when these statements are made, they get attacked and the whole cycle of arguing starts up. Whereas stuff I think Muse have done well doesn't lead to arguing when said so.

For example, 'I really don't like NSC, it sounds awful, one of their worst songs ever, they've really gone downhill lately' will get reactions.

Posting 'I still really like MK Ultra, one of their best recent songs' will either be agreed with by a couple of people or largely just ignored.

eyduh
19-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Interesting.I like when people say what's on their mind,but when that turns into slagging off,I just don't even want to comment.People do have the right to say what's on their minds,and if someone doesn't like it there's a little x in the corner.I just really stick to threads that I like.

seregon
19-05-2010, 12:24 PM

:LOL:<3

Saracene
19-05-2010, 12:59 PM
I think that many people who frequent the fan forums (any fan forums) simply find the negativity enjoyable. Some people, when faced with something they don't like, will simply ignore it or move on, while others will beat it into the ground, for years. I enjoy some negativity as well, from time to time, but in large doses it can make you feel like you're walking through a toxic swamp, and I can't say I understand the mindset of the people who seem to devote so much time and energy to it.

Dockertae
19-05-2010, 01:18 PM
My point of view on this is pretty much that yeah constructive criticism fair enough, but it gets to the stage where it feels very negative as a whole sometimes. I come here to discuss my favourite band and it can be daunting, particularly to new users that it gets this way.

I think its a matter of some users going too far really.

naomithegreat
19-05-2010, 03:29 PM
some users probably do go too far, but let's be honest... they can't be THAT serious or else they wouldn't have signed up for this board. and i agree with what other people are saying... if every agreed and was like "OMG i LURVZ DA MYOOOSE!", this place would be complete shit. we're here to discuss our opinions, which believe it or not, people have.

Meep
19-05-2010, 03:37 PM
some users probably do go too far, but let's be honest... they can't be THAT serious or else they wouldn't have signed up for this board.
Well a lot of us signed up six years ago, things change :p

I blame the British. Moaning is our favourite hobby.

Phil2211
19-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I have been a Muse fan since I was 12, still remember buying the single for bliss and have spent all too much going to gigs (food, transport etc) and pretty much everything in their discography. So i dont see why I don't have the right to moan.

Maybe I am just a grumpy old git (at the ripe old age of 20) but I don't like their current attitude towards live shows and their current musical direction and do believe that at the moment theyre the most exicting band around (no doubt that they used to be though).

Get a grip mate, some of us don't see the world through rose tinted spectacles and i don't feel that because of that we shouldn't be able to voice our opinion. Bascially "while I disagree with your opinions sir, I would defend to the death your right to express it" :LOL:

Beibi
19-05-2010, 04:37 PM
I think extreme opinions are not good in either case. Nothing is black or white, everything has shades of gray and everyone should see that, I think people need to see things more objectively. You are in a Muse forum; your love for the band is something that everyone assumes, so being able to see the good and bad things is the best way to hold a conversation. I've been posting a lot in "The Resistance Tour discussion Thread" and while I donít concur with most views there, I think we all have been able to express agreement or disagreement without starting any kind of stupid fight. Different opinions are what make things interesting.

iminvincible
19-05-2010, 05:04 PM
freedom and democracy are forever, and if they die (it will not happen ever).
you know, i love criticism (addressed to myself too). it's always interesting to learn your opponent's negative opinion, analyze it, debate and represent your arguments. it was, it exists and it'll always be.
but honestly, i recognized the critical level had highly increased here for the last time (maybe because i joined .mu only in 2009 and can't judge fairly, maybe i read wrong threads ha) and there was a thing called 'too much'. it's not about your personal taste but an ability to represent your point not in a rude way. there're different categories: fans who politely say they dislike a song and don't bother guys who actually liked it and those who hate it and beat with offensive sarcastic comments when you express your positivity. see the difference? that's what i'm actually worrying about. let's be just tolerant.

dontask
19-05-2010, 05:08 PM
hes 14. be nice.

CydonianCrystal
19-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Actually one thing I have noticed is that, in general, if people are criticising something of Muse, then most people are criticising the same thing - like Guiding Light, the overplaying of Feeling Good and, obviously, Neutron Star Collision, for example. But then, with so many moaning about the same particular thing - well, surely that just tells you that what Muse did was not good, and we should be able to accept that we're not going to like everything they do, because they can't be 100% all the time.

Well they can, but they won't be. They are (almost super) human after all.

Lumiere
19-05-2010, 05:44 PM
*hides under a pan cover*

Matt said he didn't like optimism, right?
Dom said he didn't like negativity, right?

in that France orange interview?

The fans are allowed to be positive or negative right?
Opposites will always attract.

:ninja:

Mozza
19-05-2010, 05:48 PM
whether or not those things are good or not is open to interpretation. I think it's because muse haven't gone the whole distance and completely changed that leads to confusion, frustration and negativity. The last two albums certainly have elements that fit with the first 3 but these tend to be overlooked regarding singles and the live shows and it is the different way in which the band gets exposure, through the love pop singles and greatest hits setlists that are turning people off which is manifesting in negativity on the forums. Nothing to do with Muse getting popular per se, just the way in which they are doing it and where there perceived priorities lie

TheTaoOfRoz81
19-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Geez, some responders completely misconstrued the original poster's true intent with their message. How blown out-of-proportion can one (many in this case) make it? The original poster stated, "I have noticed an increase of criticism on these boards. Whether it's about setlists or Twilight, a minority of musers seem to moan about everything. It's starting to get on my nerves, and I don't think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind a bit of positivity for a change." Notice they didn't say ALL positivity, as some have proclaimed, just "a bit." There is a difference.

They continued, "I'm sure everyone has had the odd disagreement or minor annoyance they want to talk about, but I think it's time people stopped constantly complaining.... If you want to criticize and be negative all the time, go somewhere else." Again, this is not stating that freedom of speech should be denied to some members of this site, regardless of their opinion. It's simply stating that the constant complaining and negativity gets to be a bit old after a while.

If you were volunteering for a political party in the run-up to an election, while I'm sure some negativity wouldn't be frowned upon and may even motivate certain individuals to work harder to achieve their goal, if the negativity became constant, I have a feeling that would put a damper upon the volunteers' mood and many may then start to wonder, "What's the point anymore? Our candidate doesn't have a chance."

If you were dating or married to an individual, of course there will be complaining and some negativity during the course of the relationship, but there is such a thing as too much of either (or both).

Some are looking through black-and-white lenses and being completely hypocritical. So, it's alright (all right) to criticize Muse on a fan board with a great deal of frequency, yet it's not okay for another to criticize those whom are being highly critical for being too negative? Then for those whom are being highly critical of the band to state things like, "free speech is a good thing," while simultaneously criticizing a poster's beliefs which contradict their own, is ridiculous.

Oh, how I long for the day to be constantly insulted by a wife, for me to finally say, "I don't think this is working anymore," and for her to respond, "What, I don't have a right to my own opinion?" Yeah, she did/does, but it certainly didn't make for a very pleasant environment, that's for sure.

iminvincible
19-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Actually one thing I have noticed is that, in general, if people are criticising something of Muse, then most people are criticising the same thing - like Guiding Light, the overplaying of Feeling Good and, obviously, Neutron Star Collision, for example. But then, with so many moaning about the same particular thing - well, surely that just tells you that what Muse did was not good, and we should be able to accept that we're not going to like everything they do, because they can't be 100% all the time.
most people who like it are afraid to resist seeing some mods posting maybe. oh won't i be banned? :LOL:
they just read and nothing more. that's why the general picture is a black square.

CarrieB
19-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Of course Muse can't be right all the time, but on your point about people moaning about the same thing, knowing a bit about the psychology of conformity, that's often what happens in groups. If people are feeling uncomfortable about expressing opinions that appear to be against the general consensus such as they like Guiding Light or Feeling Good, then that could well be the sort of thing that is going on.

Not to say that others don't genuinely feel what they are expressing whether it's negative or positive, but it can't always be assumed that an apparent consensus is always really there. Some people will comply to fit in with the group and some will think that what they are reading must be right just because they see quite a few others expressing it. In fact that is exactly what you are saying in your post. :)

Also just to add to that, minority groups can also influence the majority if they're consistent enough in what they say.

mpie
19-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I have been lurking for a few months and I am a brand spanking new Muse fan. I got to learn and love Muse backasswards. I started with Resistance, which I thoroughly enjoy and with each album it just got better and better for me....so in my eyes at times it seems weird to criticize...but I totally get the criticism.

It is also kind of fun listening with my children. My 8 & 6 year olds immediately latch onto the more mainstream sounding songs whereas I like those but enjoy more of the musically deep ones.

LoisM
19-05-2010, 07:18 PM
The massive amount of negativety on these boards does piss me off. Thats why Im not here very often, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

mjartrod
19-05-2010, 07:38 PM
i dont post much around here because of that either. im not online 24 hours a day, im not spamming the board or posting every 30 seconds. im not really interested in coming here after a day at work to let myself drag down and be all negative about something i like and that gives me joy.

Geez, some responders completely misconstrued the original poster's true intent with their message. How blown out-of-proportion can one (many in this case) make it? The original poster stated, "I have noticed an increase of criticism on these boards. Whether it's about setlists or Twilight, a minority of musers seem to moan about everything. It's starting to get on my nerves, and I don't think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind a bit of positivity for a change." Notice they didn't say ALL positivity, as some have proclaimed, just "a bit." There is a difference.

They continued, "I'm sure everyone has had the odd disagreement or minor annoyance they want to talk about, but I think it's time people stopped constantly complaining.... If you want to criticize and be negative all the time, go somewhere else." Again, this is not stating that freedom of speech should be denied to some members of this site, regardless of their opinion. It's simply stating that the constant complaining and negativity gets to be a bit old after a while.

If you were volunteering for a political party in the run-up to an election, while I'm sure some negativity wouldn't be frowned upon and may even motivate certain individuals to work harder to achieve their goal, if the negativity became constant, I have a feeling that would put a damper upon the volunteers' mood and many may then start to wonder, "What's the point anymore? Our candidate doesn't have a chance."

If you were dating or married to an individual, of course there will be complaining and some negativity during the course of the relationship, but there is such a thing as too much of either (or both).

Some are looking through black-and-white lenses and being completely hypocritical. So, it's alright (all right) to criticize Muse on a fan board with a great deal of frequency, yet it's not okay for another to criticize those whom are being highly critical for being too negative? Then for those whom are being highly critical of the band to state things like, "free speech is a good thing," while simultaneously criticizing a poster's beliefs which contradict their own, is ridiculous.

Oh, how I long for the day to be constantly insulted by a wife, for me to finally say, "I don't think this is working anymore," and for her to respond, "What, I don't have a right to my own opinion?" Yeah, she did/does, but it certainly didn't make for a very pleasant environment, that's for sure.

great post. but of course most people are too narrow minded to understand what you're saying i reckon...

it's not a matter of being entitled or not to have opinions. it's a freaking message board, of course people have different opinions and may dislike stuff. isn't that assumed by default?

but too much of something is too much. and wallow in negativity in a place that is dedicated (and run by) something or someone that you're supposed to like just seems quite pointless.

also, i love how the moderation team often comes out to protect those who add to that mood, but in a case like this, when someone is suggesting that things could be more well balanced, what do the mods do? 'oh it would be boring if everyone said the same things'. that wasn't even the point of the OP in the first place!
biased much? no wonder the board is so unbalanced.

MuseRLegend
19-05-2010, 07:41 PM

I a she, by the way, but thanks so much! We are supposed to be the fans afterall. The odd complaint is fine, but seriously, when does ANYONE prasie Muse's work!

MuseRLegend
19-05-2010, 07:43 PM

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was trying to say! Its great to know there is some support out there.

MuseRLegend
19-05-2010, 07:46 PM
i dont post much around here because of that either. im not online 24 hours a day, im not spamming the board or posting every 30 seconds. im not really interested in coming here after a day at work to let myself drag down and be all negative about something i like and that gives me joy.

great post. but of course most people are too narrow minded to understand what you're saying i reckon...

it's not a matter of being entitled or not to have opinions. it's a freaking message board, of course people have different opinions and may dislike stuff. isn't that assumed by default?

but too much of something is too much. and wallow in negativity in a place that is dedicated (and run by) something or someone that you're supposed to like just seems quite pointless.

also, i love how the moderation team often comes out to protect those who add to that mood, but in a case like this, when someone is suggesting that things could be more well balanced, what do the mods do? 'oh it would be boring if everyone said the same things'. that wasn't even the point of the OP in the first place!
biased much? no wonder the board is so unbalanced.

Ok, Im trying to thank everyone, but thank you! Positivity 24/7 would drive me nuts, but this constant negativity is making this board depressing! we are fans, after all.

WutDaFucksy
19-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I a she, by the way, but thanks so much! We are supposed to be the fans afterall. The odd complaint is fine, but seriously, when does ANYONE prasie Muse's work!

We praise it when we consider it worth praising. :)

MuseRLegend
19-05-2010, 07:49 PM
freedom and democracy are forever, and if they die (it will not happen ever).
you know, i love criticism (addressed to myself too). it's always interesting to learn your opponent's negative opinion, analyze it, debate and represent your arguments. it was, it exists and it'll always be.
but honestly, i recognized the critical level had highly increased here for the last time (maybe because i joined .mu only in 2009 and can't judge fairly, maybe i read wrong threads ha) and there was a thing called 'too much'. it's not about your personal taste but an ability to represent your point not in a rude way. there're different categories: fans who politely say they dislike a song and don't bother guys who actually liked it and those who hate it and beat with offensive sarcastic comments when you express your positivity. see the difference? that's what i'm actually worrying about. let's be just tolerant.

I totally agree. This is what I was trying to say, but a lot of people took the black/white approach, and seem to think Im banning all discussion. Critism is good, but we need a tad more love to keep this board interesting, and less intimidating.

MuseRLegend
19-05-2010, 07:54 PM
If we all had the same opinion it would definitely be boring. If some people got what they wanted the board would basically go like this...

"Muse rock!"

"Yeah I agree! So awesome!"

"I know! :)"

Now imagine that for every single page in every single topic. The board would be dead within a month.

And isnt it rather boring when the only thing we get on here is
'Its a disappointment'
'yeah, predictable setlist, guiing light, feeling good, twilight, what happened to the good old days'
The board may be dying :(

Yellow Regret
19-05-2010, 08:03 PM
'Its a disappointment'
'yeah, predictable setlist, guiing light, feeling good, twilight, what happened to the good old days'
The board may be dying :(

Why don't you go on Non Muse then?

You can't stop people moaning because that's what they want to do, isn't it praise enough that we have joined the Muse forum?

MuseRLegend
19-05-2010, 08:04 PM

I dont come here for a love fest either. I come here to talk about muse. This involves a lot of disagreement and criticism, but it should not be ENTIRELY this way. Thats what Im trying to say.

mjartrod
19-05-2010, 08:08 PM
'Its a disappointment'
yeah, that's the thing. the last place you wanna go these days to be excited about muse is the muse board. you're excited about a song or whatever, come here and it's like... :stunned:
and when you like something they do or praise them, then you're a 'blind fangirl/boy' whose opinion isnt worthy of being respected.

and it's really strange to see people DEFENDING that the board should remain like that, not even open that it could be more balanced. they LIKE the fighting and the disappointment and the negativity - and dont want that to change.

shawnee
19-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Well a lot of us signed up six years ago, things change :p

I blame the British. Moaning is our favourite hobby.
Oooh. I was going to say that then thought I'd get slagged off. My husband (a Brit) says it's the national pasttime. Brits aren't happy unless they have a good whinge and a cup of tea.

Furygirl
19-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Oooh. I was going to say that then thought I'd get slagged off. My husband (a Brit) says it's the national pasttime. Brits aren't happy unless they have a good whinge and a cup of tea.

That explains a lot.

Yellow Regret
19-05-2010, 08:18 PM

Don't forget slagging off the French :LOL:

Furygirl
19-05-2010, 08:27 PM
I dont come here for a love fest either. I come here to talk about muse. This involves a lot of disagreement and criticism, but it should not be ENTIRELY this way. Thats what Im trying to say.

I think lately it just seems that way because of this new song. There was a good deal of bashing of the new album when it came out, but I think the majority of people received it favorably. I've learned to keep out of the threads that are dedicated to negativity (ie: the "elephant" thread). The same goes with the "Resistance tour setlist" thread and the "controversial Muse opinions" thread. If I'm not in the mood for a good Muse bashing, I avoid those places. People are just focusing on the piddly stuff right now, like this new song, because there's nothing else going on.

I know that I still love Muse (even though I think the new song is tripe), so the negative opinions don't really affect me and are not going to change my opinion. Then again, I'm a relative n00b and haven't been a fan for 8 years like some of the people on here. If I tire of the constant whining, I leave. But to some extent I enjoy the drama. Maybe I was British in a former life, lol.

*gets popcorn*

seregon
19-05-2010, 11:28 PM

Or a shag/fag/beer depending on certain situations.

I like Muse, I made an Origin cake the other week and giggled when I saw a picture of Matt pasted on the counter of some trendy shop in Camden. Totes n00b

Kirby
19-05-2010, 11:30 PM
This thread. :LOL:

Max
20-05-2010, 12:16 AM

:rolleyes:

I still think people are confusing negativity with people expressing an opinion about the band that is not sugar-coated with spaff juice but one that they have every right to make.

Olly.
20-05-2010, 12:18 AM
You're the type of person that makes me want to hit the delete button on main muse.

PS Im a moaner :awesome:

Max
20-05-2010, 12:20 AM
You're the type of person that makes me want to hit the delete button on main muse.

Delete away. :LOL: Please.

lily93
20-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Firstly, I am 14, and have only been a Muse fan for a year, but that is simply because I never used to listen to music. My favourite album is OoS, not The Resistance, so I'm not the sterotype of a 'new teenage fan'. I do NOT like Twilight, I like the Douglas Adams and Richard Dawkins, so don't get any ideas. I joined this crazy message board because I wanted to talk to people who shared my passion. The Muse board brought me a great sense of belonging, and I will never forget all the lovely people on here, who have understood my obsession for Muse.

EDIT: Ok, I'm surpirsed at the amount of replies, and I can't reply to everyone, so here's my general reply: I am not saying you can't complain, I've done it myself before, but I just think that certain people actually come on here to moan and be negative. I am not trying to violate your rights to express your opinion, I would just appreciate it if Muse's every move could have slightly less criticism before I top myself (and I'm joking, by the way). You have every right to an opinion, just as I do. I just happen not to agree with yours all the time.

http://aidenvdh.rootnode.net/fun_gallery/imgs/all_the_ppl_that_care.jpg

sparkle19
20-05-2010, 12:25 AM
This is still going. Impressive.

Caff
20-05-2010, 12:25 AM

Don't forget slagging off the French :LOL:

Only the English. The Scots love the French.

Max
20-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Also, if you think this place is depressing, you clearly have never seen this film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7H5SR0hBG4

The most bleak thing I have ever seen.

CarrieB
20-05-2010, 12:28 AM

I hope this post isn't directed at the OP, because if so you are a mod bullying a 14 year old girl. :stunned:

Olly.
20-05-2010, 12:31 AM
:facepalm:

apap3rplat3
20-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Criticizing songs is definitely okay. Bitching, however, is annoying. Not everyone will like a song or a certain style, and that's obviously acceptable and people should be able to voice their dislikes. But when it doesn't make any sense (yes, opinions can be absurd) and people are just complaining to complain is where it gets bad. But that's present on every band's forum, but we live on.

Max
20-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Criticizing songs is definitely okay. Bitching, however, is annoying. Not everyone will like a song or a certain style, and that's obviously acceptable and people should be able to voice their dislikes. But when it doesn't make any sense (yes, opinions can be absurd) and people are just complaining to complain is where it gets bad. But that's present on every band's forum, but we live on.

But I think people are confusing making a truthful point of view with that. I'm not saying Neutron Star Crapper is shit because it's the cool thing, it's because I think it's pretty dire.

Melania13
20-05-2010, 12:34 AM
http://aidenvdh.rootnode.net/fun_gallery/imgs/all_the_ppl_that_care.jpg

:awesome:

kjk62289
20-05-2010, 12:35 AM
so if someone doesnt agree with other peoples opinions we can post an entire thread just to complain about that.

awesome ill keep THAT in mind.

:rolleyes:

cornelius
20-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Let's all have the exact same opinion as one another, that'll be fanfuckingtastic.

Max
20-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Let's all have the exact same opinion as one another, that'll be fanfuckingtastic.

Let's all say fanfuckingtastic at the end of our opinion.

Fanfuckingtastic!

Zaphod Chizzlebrox
20-05-2010, 12:38 AM

It was suggested yesterday that non-muse is the source of all this place's problems and should be got rid of, so as to stop people "hanging around".

The perfect idea of a democratic free-speech board right there :yesey: