PDA

View Full Version : The Non-Muser who make us CRAZY

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bestbandever
28-04-2010, 06:28 AM
I was looking up Muse on the internet and I stumbled across a column stating what the writer's top 10 muse songs were. The list was decent but when I stumbled upon this I was shocked at the man writing the column.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6269/picture8yo.png

Chris playing piano?:LOL:

Other than this, have you come across clueless non-musers?

AguanteRiver
28-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Didn't you know? Chris can play anything. :rolleyes: He can make sweet bass lines fall out of his Pedro 'stache if he feels like it.

As far as other clueless people, there was that Coachella reviewer who mentioned how skilled Mike Bellamy is. (Link: here (http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=73394&highlight=Mike+Bellamy)) :facepalm:

Same guy, same review:

For this show, they brought in a fourth person to play keyboards which I’m assuming is a departure from normal practice.

Poor Morgan! :noey: :LOL:

tureann
28-04-2010, 08:27 AM
LOL this is hylarious!!! Maybe the first guy saw them on playback and chris did play the piano :LOL:

xbroken_ideals
28-04-2010, 08:50 AM
My friend and I were just talking about them. Then she told me that Matt was gay. I had a spazz on her.

fuzz8000
28-04-2010, 09:02 AM
I was buying OoS for a friend, so I go to check out (wearing my resistance T) and the lady goes "The Muse oo i like them, have you heard there new cd "uprising"? I did a facepalm and calmly explained to her the truth, including that she needed to listen to the amazing cd she was scanning

xbroken_ideals
28-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Friend: "Oh my gosh, what are you listening to? The Twilight band? Oh, that new band? Nuse, or whatever?"

Me: -Rofling- "Here, listen to this," -Plays CE-

Friend: "What is this? I thought they just wrote for Twilight?"

Me: :facepalm:

mabi
28-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Friend: "Oh my gosh, what are you listening to? The Twilight band? Oh, that new band? Nuse, or whatever?"

:eek:
No more words

xbroken_ideals
28-04-2010, 09:40 AM
No more words

Yeah. All I can say is, I got detention that day. :shifty:

mabi
28-04-2010, 09:47 AM

I know what you mean :D

feeling good 35
28-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I live in the US and it is difficult sometimes when people say " Oh I heard them, they're on the Twilight soundtrack" but they are clueless about anything else they have done.But I tell myself it's a place to start. I only heard them the first time two years ago and was immediately hooked. I right away bought all their albums. I like SMBH, but it can missleading about all that Muse does in music

Riveon
28-04-2010, 11:07 AM
I was buying OoS for a friend, so I go to check out (wearing my resistance T) and the lady goes "The Muse oo i like them, have you heard there new cd "uprising"? I did a facepalm and calmly explained to her the truth, including that she needed to listen to the amazing cd she was scanning
I don't know why, but when people say "The Muse" it really pisses me off. :indiff:

laurenn1
28-04-2010, 11:17 AM

'Nuse' :LOL::LOL:

:vomit:

crazydays
28-04-2010, 11:18 AM

If this ever happened to me, there would be a lot more dead bodies.

Spiral-Static
28-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I live in the US and it is difficult sometimes when people say " Oh I heard them, they're on the Twilight soundtrack" but they are clueless about anything else they have done.But I tell myself it's a place to start. I only heard them the first time two years ago and was immediately hooked. I right away bought all their albums. I like SMBH, but it can missleading about all that Muse does in music
Agreed.. a handful of my friends like a few Muse songs like that, but the majority of them call me 'That Muse Kid', and I get a bit of shit from my friends when they call it the Twilight band.. SMBH is a good song if you cut the Twilight connections. >_>

Jungle Fish
28-04-2010, 12:58 PM

the fuck :facepalm::facepalm:

notyounaanbread
28-04-2010, 03:53 PM
My friends(one in perticular) are sooo annoying bout my love, uprising once came on tv and for her to let me watch it we had a massive fight over the control, which led to us hitting each other, I ended up biting her, and by semi-accident I pierced her skin with my teeth. Well... at least I caught the end of uprising :LOL:

Tofu
28-04-2010, 04:15 PM

:LOL: That is pretty bad though.

This one's not actually that bad, but my friend told me they're opening for U2 this summer.
me: uh... that was last summer, Muse have been doing their own thing after. :stunned:
friend: WHAT??? NO I wanted to see both of them!

Tesseract
28-04-2010, 10:18 PM
I'll re-post my recent entry in the "random musings in your life" thread.

Today I was driving with a coworker and I put in Absolution, and here is how the conversation went during Apocalypse Please.

Coworker: This music's pretty good.
Me: It's Muse...Ever heard of them?
Coworker: Nope
Me: Yeah I just saw them live, pretty amazing.
Coworker: They sound like Creed, except not as heavy.
Me: *died a little on the inside*
:facepalm:

Jupiter_Moonchild
28-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't know why, but when people say "The Muse" it really pisses me off. :indiff:

That still ticks me off, it used to happen to Madness as well.
They got introduced as THE Madness on TV.

When you've been listening to Muse as long as some of the other boardies you start to develop a thick skin and just laugh AT them!
Leave them to their ignorance, it gives us something else to laugh at. :LOL:

I've lost count of all the numpties that have got things wrong about this band, I'm sure it will continue until the end of time and we will be there to point and laugh at their stupidity.

:)

Gigapoodle
28-04-2010, 10:29 PM
This happened about 3 weeks ago or so. I was wearing my Resistance T, and one of my friends walks up to me and notices the name 'Muse' in the top corner of my shirt. The following is what...followed;

Her: "Is that Muse?"

Me: "Ya, you heard of them?"

Her: "Totally! I love them!"

Me: "Name a couple songs." (I was testing her.)

Her: "Erm...they have one called Spotlight."

Me: "No they don't."

Her: "Ya they do."

Me: "No."

Her. "Yes."

Me: *raises iPod and scrolls down my Muse songs* I don't see a single 'Spotlight' on here.

Her: *sees the song* Oh, it's called Supermassive Black Hole. I love that song! It was in Twilight, you know.

Me: http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/user/1/17189-130475-RageFace2png-620x.jpg

Tesseract
28-04-2010, 10:41 PM
This happened about 3 weeks ago or so. I was wearing my Resistance T, and one of my friends walks up to me and notices the name 'Muse' in the top corner of my shirt. The following is what...followed;

Her. "Yes."

Me: *raises iPod and scrolls down my Muse songs* I don't see a single 'Spotlight' on here.

Her: *sees the song* Oh, it's called Supermassive Black Hole. I love that song! It was in Twilight, you know.

But Spotlight is my favorite song!
:LOL: :facepalm:

.BleedTheSame.
28-04-2010, 10:50 PM
oh this makes me want to kill myself:

Me: *singing Uprising*

Idiot: Oh, I've heard that song. I hate it though, I hate screamo music. I mean, what are you doing with you voice? Geez, calm down.

Me: I believe you are mistaken. Muse are NOT screamo. I guess you don't know the difference between singing with emotion and screaming.

I like screamo music. Muse are most definitly not. I seriously wanted to kill her and myself right then.

Also, i drew the little logo on my converse/i have a muse shirt and people always get the names mixed up. Like, they say, "Whats "moose"?" or "'Mule'? Whats that?" it makes me facepalm.

Calliope.
28-04-2010, 11:06 PM

Her. "Yes."

:noey: Poor demented fools. :LOL:

I hate it when my friends only hate Muse because I like them.

kaitie<3
28-04-2010, 11:07 PM

This.
My sister will purposefully say "The Muse" just to piss herself laughing at me when I get all pissed at her.

I've been trying to convert my boyfriend (its not working :facepalm:) Anyways a while back when I was being all "Well you know... they are (more or less) the biggest band in the world right now" He replied with a "How? I've barely heard them being played here." Drives me nuts when people assume a band isn't any good until they've made it in the States/Canada.
Also a co-worker/friend of mine went to the Muse show in Edmonton and was texting me afterwards asking which songs I liked the most... I replied with "Bliss, RBS, Knights... etc etc. Yours?" She replied with "Starlight, and Supermassive and that Undisclosed one" I almost died a bit inside.

.BleedTheSame.
28-04-2010, 11:09 PM
A few of my friends like Muse, but they just get all annoyed at my obbsession. xD

Gigapoodle
28-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Nice touch with the spoiler there gigapoodle, just the right amount of pause to lead into your reaction.

Haha, thank you! :happy:

Victoroy
28-04-2010, 11:22 PM

Today I was driving with a coworker and I put in Absolution, and here is how the conversation went during Apocalypse Please.

that's just straight up violating :O I would have gave that person a piece of my mind:mad:

sgtpeppershp
28-04-2010, 11:54 PM
oh god..CREED? blegggghhhh

anywho-we were throwing my best friend a birthday party and he brought his girlfriend for us to meet for the first time last weekend and me and my friend sara were talking about muse:

girlfriend (to her boyfriend/my best friend):who are they talking about?
him:muse :rolleyes:
her: oh yeah! twilight, duh! i like their song in the baseball scene
me/sara::facepalm::facepalm:

a little later:

her: yeah i dont really like them though, they sound too whiny
me::rolleyes: how many songs of theirs have you heard?
her: the baseball scene one

she gets whiny from smbh? clueless clueless clueless...im thinking i will try to convert her though since my friend seems to really like her :LOL:

Gretterati
29-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Hardly anyone where I live has even heard of Muse, which surprises me because they kinda are the biggest band in the world, except for all of the Twatlighters turned ex-Twatlighters/closet-Twatlighters. And anyone who has heard of Muse here has only ever heard SMBH, Starlight and Uprising. And if they're a really hardcore Muse fan they'll also have heard Knights and Hysteria.

Oh, experience that I just remembered. I brought in OoS to my art class last year which I should have known would be a mistake because the only stuff anyone else ever brought in was Lifehouse and John Mayer and stuff, but when the New Born riff started everyone like freaked out and I think the whole album made them really uncomfortable. It was really funny but kind of awkward, you know? And when Space Dementia was playing, my teacher goes "You make me sick because I *adore* you so?? Ah ha ha ha" (with her weird fake laugh). But yeah, I think to that class, Muse was like death metal freaky child satan worshiping music.

Luigi.
29-04-2010, 04:41 AM

Wow :LOL: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Tesseract
29-04-2010, 04:46 AM
I mean, Muse already sounds nothing like Creed, but come on, Apocalypse Please?!

Triple C
29-04-2010, 04:56 AM
I mean, Muse already sounds nothing like Creed, but come on, Apocalypse Please?!

Muse and Creed do have some similarities: There's some singing and some instruments involved, and sometimes they do concerts. Ha.:p Yeah that has to be one of the oddest comparisons I've heard.

Our music writer referred to Muse as "the Spacehog of our times." I thought that was pretty, uh, special. I don't really care when people criticize Muse, but I care when they just say outright dumb things. My friends aren't that bad recently. I mean, I like to think they respect my interest in Muse even if they don't have any interest. Either that or they just don't want to deal with my crap, so they politely avoid the topic.:LOL: Maybe both.

I will say, and maybe it's my age, but I rarely get the Twilight comments. Most of the people I talk to just haven't heard of Muse period, or just don't pay attention to them. My little sister is the only one I know to get really excited about Muse because of the Twilight connection, and I'm not going to hold it against her ... she's intellectually challenged and it's amazing that she reads those books all on her own! Other people I talk to are usually sympathetic when I tell them my favorite band was on the Twilight soundtrack .... "Ohhhh wow ... that's rough." LOL.

brainwashed
29-04-2010, 04:57 AM
I was talking to my best friend today... she's a Robbie williams fan, :rolleyes:
and i told her that i got my muse tickets for october in new york.. (im from seattle)
and she said..
- wow, u r pretty obsessed with that band...:eek:
i said:
i'm not... i always like them, is just that now i can go everywhere to see them:mad:
she responded:
i dont even know them...r they good?
i said:
yeah, they're amazing, even more on live shows..;) they're british i said,
and then she just broke my heart and said..

oh i know, they r kind of like oasis, i like oasis better... and everybody knows them:eek:
after that...
i thought about how to kill her.. and i just said...
im hating you a lot right now.:mad:

Gigapoodle
29-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Hardly anyone where I live has even heard of Muse, which surprises me because they kinda are the biggest band in the world, except for all of the Twatlighters turned ex-Twatlighters/closet-Twatlighters. And anyone who has heard of Muse here has only ever heard SMBH, Starlight and Uprising. And if they're a really hardcore Muse fan they'll also have heard Knights and Hysteria.

Oh, experience that I just remembered. I brought in OoS to my art class last year which I should have known would be a mistake because the only stuff anyone else ever brought in was Lifehouse and John Mayer and stuff, but when the New Born riff started everyone like freaked out and I think the whole album made them really uncomfortable. It was really funny but kind of awkward, you know? And when Space Dementia was playing, my teacher goes "You make me sick because I *adore* you so?? Ah ha ha ha" (with her weird fake laugh). But yeah, I think to that class, Muse was like death metal freaky child satan worshiping music.

I lol'd. I'm so sorry. :LOL:

I remember one time at the beginning of the year our English teacher told us to bring in 5 items that represent us. I brought two CDs, among other things; Absolution by Muse (for obvious reasons) and Raditude by Weezer (awesome album art). Most people had heard of Weezer, and chuckled at the cover, but only like 1 person had heard of Muse. Maybe two if I was lucky.

But then I was looking at another kid, who had brought a CD too, and you wanna know what he brings?

a Nickelback CD. And everyone recognized it.

*insert RAAAAAAGE*

Calliope.
29-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Some of my "friends" in my music class, saying this just loud enough for me to hear:

Boy 1: "Do you know the song, House Of The Rising Sun?"
Boy 2: "Umm... "
Boy 1: "You know Green Day and U2 did a cover of it... *sings a little*"
Boy 2: "Oh yeah!"
Boy 1: "Muse did a cover of that....'

My ears prick up

Boy 1: "It was shit."
Boy 2: "Thats because Muse are shit"
Boy 1: "They fucking suck."

I got like hulk angry, on the inside. They only hate Muse because I like it.

Triple C
29-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Some of my "friends" in my music class, saying this just loud enough for me to hear:

My ears prick up

Awww, my guess would be they were trying to piss you off on purpose. Boys are mean.:( Anyhow, that cover is deadly awesome. Everybody covers House of the Rising Sun, and most bands/artists do OK or even great, but all sound the same ... Muse's version definitely had its own style and brought something new to the song.:happy:

StealingTheSun
29-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Okay...this takes some building up and its a bit of a story lol...

When I was about 9 I was completely OBSESSED with Muscle Museum as soon as I heard it and I resolved to hunting down a CD with that track on... so eventually some years later I managed to get myself Showbiz along with OoS some years later...
However I never actually managed to get 'round to listening to my one time musical obsession that was Muscle Museum...
Why?
Because my Dad who had never heard of Muse before and simply dismissed them the second he saw Showbiz and didn't even want to hear why He broke the CD when he was in a bit of a rage by tossing it on a concrete kitchen floor
Now understandably I was *ahem* a bit upset. (very actually lol)
So I decided to get even.I got hold of my copy of Absolution, stuck it on repeat on the CD player and then jammed it...so it was constantly playing...
Did it send my Dad crazy?
No...It converted him to liking Muse and now my back catalogue has mysteriously disappeared,..In fact anytime the subject of Muse is brought up, my dad sprouts more hot air then a frickin teapot about them... he'll swear blind he doesn't have a back catalogue of them and then he *not I* heard of Muse first and loved them ever since, he'd even claim the Muse CDs that haven't disappeared out of sight are his! :rolleyes:
Oh but this is not the best part folks...
Oh no.
Ask my dad what his favourite Muse song is...
and he can't even name Supermassiveblackhole!
Parents *sigh*

Calliope.
29-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Awww, my guess would be they were trying to piss you off on purpose. Boys are mean.:( Anyhow, that cover is deadly awesome. Everybody covers House of the Rising Sun, and most bands/artists do OK or even great, but all sound the same ... Muse's version definitely had its own style and brought something new to the song.:happy:

Maybe they were doing it on purpose, boys will be boys. And the arpeggios in HOTRS? :awesome: How can you not like it?

xxEmilyxx
29-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Over four years ago, when I first discovered Muse I made the mistake of calling them "the muse". The guy who I was talking to flipped out! "The muse? THE MUSE!?!?!?! No. No. No. NO. NO. NO! It is just MUSE. No "the". GOT IT?" he yelled. Needless to say, I never made THAT mistake again. Who would've thought that I turned out to be a bigger fan than he is. Also let me mention, I was in 8th grade and live in the US. I am quite proud of discovering them as soon as I did.

pwoper_muse_lover
29-04-2010, 11:31 AM
A while ago I posted on the thread about the 'slow' guy in my class asking me what I'm listening to (Muse) today, he just said:

"What are you listen- oh lemme guess, is it Muse?"

Me: "Yeah..."

About 20 mins later, the other boy in my class (two people not including me in my class today) asked me what I was listening to.

Me: "Funnily enough, it's Muse"

Other Boy: "What songs do they have on the radio that I know?"

Me "Uhhh ummmm Undisclosed Desires is, cause it's different from their kind of music."

Other Boy: "Mmmm, hmmm"

Me: "Undisclosed Desires?" (I was gunna sing it, but I didn't really feel like continuing the conversation)

Other Boy: "So they're on Triple J?" (alternative music radio station, they love Muse)

Me: "Yeah."

I hate my class :indiff:

shining_dark
29-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I remember when muse released BH&R they had a small interview with them on a morning show here called 'sunrise'. Molly Meldrum does the music stuff on it and he made a big stuff up :p he was like 'yeah so I caught up with chris and dommy earlier, and this is what they had to say' - and then they cross over to a scene with matt and dom :LOL:
I respect Molly Meldrum but he is non-muser... :noey:

Ara Batur
29-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I was talking to a girl at school about being super upset at not going to BDO and seeing Muse, and she asked me who they were. I, very reluctantly, sung a couple of bars of Undisclosed, because I reasoned she probably would have heard it on commercial radio. She gave a vague reply and said, 'cool'. A couple of days later, she turned to me in class and said, 'Oh, I saw that Muse song on TV, it's pretty good.' I smiled.
'But then they played some other one, and it was really boring.' :indiff:
WHAT? Boring? And why would I want to hear that you thought it was boring??

Another girl, when she found out I liked Muse said 'Aw. That's cute.'
I said, 'How is that cute? They're fucking awesome.'
She said, 'Oh, it's just, everyone listens to them [obviously meaning she doesn't want to listen to anything too mainstream :rolleyes:] I just hear about them all the time.'
Me: 'Who likes them? I only know two other people in our year who do, and only one is an actual fan...'
Girl: 'Yeah, well...'

bee03
29-04-2010, 02:32 PM

The fuck? :facepalm:

omg :LOL:

_silverrose_
29-04-2010, 03:20 PM
I've only really had my best friend call them The Muse, so I had to correct her right away, it pisses me off too!

Ok so this one isn't really about Muse but more about us Musers
I was talking to some Musers on twitter and we were talking about slang from the states, Canada, and Ireland. I couldn't really think of anything Canadian except "eh" so I asked my one friend on MSN what Canadian slang we have and he was helping me out. Then he asks, "are you writing a paper or something?" and I said "no, I'm talking to some people about slang" and he's like "oh, f*** your Muse friends!" :eek::mad::fear: I was beyond pissed to say the least.. some friends I have uh?

jayna1973
29-04-2010, 09:36 PM
The Non-Musers in my life are what led me to this messageboard. I got tired of my husband rolling his eyes at me every time I say "Muse..." But I'm still excited from seeing them this year (for the 6th and 7th time) and I'm looking forward to the October show. Can't help it! Only other Musers understand :)
I tried to explain the twilight thing to a friend of mine, who attended her first Muse concert with me April 3. I told her that there were kids who would come to the show just because it could be linked to the twilight soundtrack, and she didn't believe me until we saw a group of young teens all wearing their New Moon shirts. I'm willing to bet they didn't know anything but SMBH.
And I withdrew my offer to take my friend's daughter after she said "are they going to play the twilight song?" I'm not wasting a ticket on someone who won't appreciate it. I still haven't forgiven my ex for wanting to go home from a show during the Absolution tour because he "got bored." Blasphemy!

Mariaq27
29-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm always seen as "the freak" in my school for liking Muse waaaaay too much :rolleyes:. In my school, a band/singer is only popular if their songs are played on the radio tons of times. So many people really like to annoy me and stuff. This one kid in my Science class purposly calls them "mooose" >.>. And most kids who have heard of Muse have only heard Uprising, or SMBH, but you know those are the twilighters. Everytime I talk about Muse to my friends, they're just like, "Oh, not Muse again, Maria!!!" :mad:.

There really are only 1 or 2 people who appreciate my obsession and actually listen to Muse. That would be my best friend and the kid I like. I converted my best friend, and the kid I like knows a lot about Muse from me talking about them everyday :LOL:. I have yet to show him tons of amazing songs, but he's never online!!!!

notyounaanbread
29-04-2010, 11:11 PM
In music me and my friends were playing starlight (for a band project in the lesson). And a guy in my classes thinkin was cool came and joined in with the singing but much to my annoyment he got them wrong and sang (insted of I just wanted to hold) 'i just wanted to know', and in an annoying voice as well.

Tofu
29-04-2010, 11:25 PM
I will say, and maybe it's my age, but I rarely get the Twilight comments. Most of the people I talk to just haven't heard of Muse period, or just don't pay attention to them. My little sister is the only one I know to get really excited about Muse because of the Twilight connection, and I'm not going to hold it against her ... she's intellectually challenged and it's amazing that she reads those books all on her own! Other people I talk to are usually sympathetic when I tell them my favorite band was on the Twilight soundtrack .... "Ohhhh wow ... that's rough." LOL.
Well, to people who say things about Muse being on Twilight, I just say, "So was Radiohead." :p

My ears prick up

:eek: Well, tbh I admit I used to not like Muse's cover of HOTRS either. It's a bit overwhelming when you're used to the usual version.

FallAway
29-04-2010, 11:31 PM
None of my friends are really into Muse. I'm sure a lot of you guys have been there. It just kind of blows, because I'll see something Muse-related and the only place I can mention it is the messageboard. When I went to see them in March I had to pay part of my friend's ticket in order to actually convince someone to come along with me. Although she had an awesome time ("That guy has the MOST BITCHIN' VOICE EVER"), I really wish I could have gone with someone who actually knew other songs beside Starlight, SMBH, and Uprising. I guess not everybody can have good taste, right? :LOL:

So I keep my mouth shut around them, so I don't have to hear moans and groans every time I talk about Muse. I wish I could just run into a hardcore Muser one day, it would rock my world. I keep waitin' for the day I see a t-shirt or somebody humming Citizen Erased, but I haven't even had luck with that!

.BleedTheSame.
29-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Me and my one friend have this thing where whenever something good happens we sing Uprising. You know, "We will be victorious!" So anyway we were singing this song when a kid behind me goes, "Oh I know that song. I have it on my iPod. Don't they have another song too, like, Resistance?" (So far I have yet to meet anyone who knows any of their songs past Uprising so this was a big step) Me: "Yeah they're great, I love them." The kid: "But really, I can't beleive they only have those two songs. They should write more."

I'm just going to stop now.

Tesseract
30-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Me and my one friend have this thing where whenever something good happens we sing Uprising. You know, "We will be victorious!" So anyway we were singing this song when a kid behind me goes, "Oh I know that song. I have it on my iPod. Don't they have another song too, like, Resistance?" (So far I have yet to meet anyone who knows any of their songs past Uprising so this was a big step) Me: "Yeah they're great, I love them." The kid: "But really, I can't beleive they only have those two songs. They should write more."

:LOL:

Wow, really?

Luigi.
30-04-2010, 01:09 AM

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Tofu
30-04-2010, 01:18 AM
So I keep my mouth shut around them, so I don't have to hear moans and groans every time I talk about Muse. I wish I could just run into a hardcore Muser one day, it would rock my world. I keep waitin' for the day I see a t-shirt or somebody humming Citizen Erased, but I haven't even had luck with that!
I've had at least one person come up to me all like, "OH MY GOD I LOVE MUSE!!" every week. :awesome: And I even met a random dude that knew Sit the Fuck Down! :awesome:

...I'm good at finding Musers. :$

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: *faints*

Gretterati
30-04-2010, 01:20 AM
I lol'd. I'm so sorry. :LOL:

I remember one time at the beginning of the year our English teacher told us to bring in 5 items that represent us. I brought two CDs, among other things; Absolution by Muse (for obvious reasons) and Raditude by Weezer (awesome album art). Most people had heard of Weezer, and chuckled at the cover, but only like 1 person had heard of Muse. Maybe two if I was lucky.

But then I was looking at another kid, who had brought a CD too, and you wanna know what he brings?

a Nickelback CD. And everyone recognized it.

*insert RAAAAAAGE*

I had an assignment similar to that in Spanish, we were supposed to bring a bag of stuff that represents us and give a presentation, and I brought OoS. Nobody knew what it was of course, except a couple of my friends who went :rolleyes:

:facepalm: @ Nickelback.

Also let me mention, I was in 8th grade and live in the US. I am quite proud of discovering them as soon as I did.
Hey, me too! *high-five* I could never have done it without the internet.

Triple C
30-04-2010, 01:32 AM
I've had at least one person come up to me all like, "OH MY GOD I LOVE MUSE!!" every week. :awesome: And I even met a random dude that knew Sit the Fuck Down! :awesome:

I wouldn't say I've found a lot of "Musers," but I've definitely run into plenty of people with a respectable interest in the band. I.e., they aren't real fans, but they could name five songs and they say something to the effect of "I've heard their live shows are incredible." I don't really disrespect that ... I mean, they could probably become real fans if given the right exposure. But I'm pretty sure "sit the fuck down" would be lost on, if not totally offensive to, most people I encounter ... sadly ... :D

Gigapoodle
30-04-2010, 01:37 AM

I can haz jealousy? :awesome:

I've only found two kids, besides a good friend of mine, who liked Muse. And that was because I put the cover of OoS, Resistance, Absolution, MK Ultra, and Exogenesis artworks in my binder cover. One of them recognized it and was like 'you like Muse?' and I told them I was going to one of their concerts. They were like 'OMG I'm so jealous!!! Have fun for me you lucky person.' That made my day :awesome:

I also had another kid recognize them. They pointed to the OoS cover - may I repeat, the OoS cover - and asked me if I liked Muse, followed by a 'they're awesome!'. I just about died right then and there.

Wait, this is a non-musers thread....I mean, they pointed at the Resistance cover! And then pointed at a Twilight book! And then, and then, they told me about Edward! Oh noes!

crazydays
30-04-2010, 01:42 AM
My friend is a really vague Muse fan... she has almost all the albums (except Showbiz and Hullabaloo ect.), came to a muse concert with me in March, saw U2 last year just so she could see Muse as the opening act... but she doesn't know any of the songs very well and doesn't get too excited about the band in general. :wtf: and then the other day she says this:

"All their songs sound the same, and you should accept that because it's a fact of life".

I think I felt a part of my brain break. How do you even respond to that? Is that a valid comment?? What do you guys think :eek:

Gretterati
30-04-2010, 01:47 AM
My friend is a really vague Muse fan... she has almost all the albums (except Showbiz and Hullabaloo ect.), came to a muse concert with me in March, saw U2 last year just so she could see Muse as the opening act... but she doesn't know any of the songs very well and doesn't get too excited about the band in general. :wtf: and then the other day she says this:

"All their songs sound the same, and you should accept that because it's a fact of life".

I think I felt a part of my brain break. How do you even respond to that? Is that a valid comment?? What do you guys think :eek:

My response to that is DEHHHH????

Tofu
30-04-2010, 02:01 AM
I can haz jealousy? :awesome:

I've only found two kids, besides a good friend of mine, who liked Muse. And that was because I put the cover of OoS, Resistance, Absolution, MK Ultra, and Exogenesis artworks in my binder cover. One of them recognized it and was like 'you like Muse?' and I told them I was going to one of their concerts. They were like 'OMG I'm so jealous!!! Have fun for me you lucky person.' That made my day :awesome:

I also had another kid recognize them. They pointed to the OoS cover - may I repeat, the OoS cover - and asked me if I liked Muse, followed by a 'they're awesome!'. I just about died right then and there.

Wait, this is a non-musers thread....I mean, they pointed at the Resistance cover! And then pointed at a Twilight book! And then, and then, they told me about Edward! Oh noes!
:LOL: but yeah, I actually discovered Muse in 2003 because someone asked me to help him learn Apocalypse Please on the piano, and another time in high school my friend started playing Space Dementia on the piano and showed me Live and Kicking lipsync on Youtube... :p This was before I started walking around with a Muse hoodie everyday or before I even told anyone I liked Muse. :$

Well... to be fair, they do have a similar sound in all their songs, and the structure is generally similar even if the mood is different. But, you can say that about *any* musician. Like... Beethoven, and Mozart, and Rachmaninoff, and Liszt, and Brahms... crazy genius classical composers, not just modern ones. You don't have to reinvent your own sound every time to be good.

OriginOfStarlight
30-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Tell me about it, I begin to foam. :LOL:

Ok, here's one from me:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2862/fail2o.jpg

It's sad enough that the guy chick from TH is wearing the same T-shirt as Dom, there's seriously no need to name him Morgan. :noey:

jmusej
30-04-2010, 03:12 AM
My friends call Matt Goldfish Mellamy and Matt Bellamu... :facepalm: but I have 4 people ive converted...1 of then has an account on here and anothed one is almost as obsessed as me and is trying to get an account :awesome: i iz so proud

Googoogee1
30-04-2010, 03:29 AM
some kid in my bio class today told me

kid:"Muse is patheic..Their only good songs are uprising and relvation or revolution or whatev-"
me:"Resistance."
kid:"yeah that one! other than that they suck!!!"
me:"Umm ok..have you heard any other songs of theirs?"
kid:"no because they suck!!"

Epic fail much?

_silverrose_
30-04-2010, 03:34 AM
some kid in my bio class today told me

kid:"Muse is patheic..Their only good songs are uprising and relvation or revolution or whatev-"
me:"Resistance."
kid:"yeah that one! other than that they suck!!!"
me:"Umm ok..have you heard any other songs of theirs?"
kid:"no because they suck!!"

Epic fail much?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

People like that are just... :noey:

Tesseract
30-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Well... to be fair, they do have a similar sound in all their songs, and the structure is generally similar even if the mood is different. But, you can say that about *any* musician. Like... Beethoven, and Mozart, and Rachmaninoff, and Liszt, and Brahms... crazy genius classical composers, not just modern ones. You don't have to reinvent your own sound every time to be good.

Except that Muse kind of do reinvent themselves for every album. Much more so than any other band I have heard, anyways. An unfortunate side effect of that is a lot of fans don't want the band to change and therefore don't like a lot of the newer stuff.

Back on topic now, I got my sister The Resistance for her birthday, but it turns out she already had it. So my dad, who is now obsessed with Muse thanks to me ( :D ) decided to give the CD to a guy that he works with. They listened to Uprising and apparently the guy said the drummer and bassist were amazing but the singer has too high of a voice.

secretskept
30-04-2010, 04:05 AM
I live in the middle of Nebraska... in the United States.... so naturally next to no one knew who Muse was until Twilight. Now, thank god, at least Uprising is on the radio so I can sing that one and some people will mention that they know them.... but then... "and didn't they play on Twilight?"

Annoyyying.

I still have a heart attack every time Uprising comes on... it's the first Muse song to be played on the radio in Nebraska, too. This stupid state is so behind times!! :mad:

t.gypsy
30-04-2010, 05:01 AM
I had a non muser friend that was insulting them and i was about to stick up for them until I heard them being stood up for from a source i did not expect.

Idiot: why do you obsess over that band the lead singer is gay and is prolly fng the other guys every chance he gets.

Musers mom: I can vouch that those boys arent gay and they are a hell of a lot better looking than that beaver moron that your obsessing over and at least my daughter is enjoying decent music from a bunch of guys whose balls has dropped and isnt gunna worry about being called a cougar unlike someone.

Idiot: what do you know about them

me preparing to stick up for them but

Muser mom pt 2: Well for your record you liked bumstreet boys where are they now??. These guys has been around for nearly 10+ years and will continue to be following in the footsteps of the greater rock bands such as led zepplin,pink floyd and queen where 20 -50 years down the track they will still be making music and touring. what can you tell me about those bumstreet boys huh.

Idiot: :eek::eek:

Me :eek::$:stunned::LOL::erm::musesign::dance:

believe me guys i was gunna stick up for them and had some words to say to the moron but i didnt need to so meh yeah

jayna1973
30-04-2010, 05:09 AM
I still have a heart attack every time Uprising comes on... it's the first Muse song to be played on the radio in Nebraska, too. This stupid state is so behind times!! :mad:

Same here in Oklahoma. Thank God The Spy 105.3 is back on the air. Today, they played "Cave."
I'm bringing at least two people to the Oklahoma show who are new to Muse. Should be interesting!

Tesseract
30-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Same here in Oklahoma. Thank God The Spy 105.3 is back on the air. Today, they played "Cave."
I'm bringing at least two people to the Oklahoma show who are new to Muse. Should be interesting!

secretskept
30-04-2010, 05:22 AM

I'm quite jealous. I don't think they'll ever come close to where I am! I want to see them sooo bad!!

Calliope.
30-04-2010, 06:57 AM

:noey: Poor Dommeh...

Gigapoodle
30-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I had a non muser friend that was insulting them and i was about to stick up for them until I heard them being stood up for from a source i did not expect.

Idiot: why do you obsess over that band the lead singer is gay and is prolly fng the other guys every chance he gets.

Musers mom: I can vouch that those boys arent gay and they are a hell of a lot better looking than that beaver moron that your obsessing over and at least my daughter is enjoying decent music from a bunch of guys whose balls has dropped and isnt gunna worry about being called a cougar unlike someone.

Idiot: what do you know about them

me preparing to stick up for them but

Muser mom pt 2: Well for your record you liked bumstreet boys where are they now??. These guys has been around for nearly 10+ years and will continue to be following in the footsteps of the greater rock bands such as led zepplin,pink floyd and queen where 20 -50 years down the track they will still be making music and touring. what can you tell me about those bumstreet boys huh.

Idiot: :eek::eek:

Me :eek::$:stunned::LOL::erm::musesign::dance:

believe me guys i was gunna stick up for them and had some words to say to the moron but i didnt need to so meh yeah

Duuuuuuude. That is awesome.

brainwashed
30-04-2010, 07:30 AM

that BK looks kinda creepy

xbroken_ideals
30-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Me: "What are you listening to?"
Friend: "Ke$ha. Don't you love this song?"
Me: :facepalm: "No."
Friend: "Psshh, you hate everything!" :p
Me: :facepalm: *Takes out iPod*
Friend: "What's that? Ohh, duh. Muse. What else would you listen to?"
Me: *Headbanging to New Born*
Friend: "Ohh my God, they suck- Apart from Closed Desires or whatever. Why do you like them so much? OW! FUCK!"

Yeah, I gave her a black eye. :D

Hopix
30-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Friend: "Ohh my God, they suck- Apart from Closed Desires or whatever. Why do you like them so much? OW! FUCK!"

Wow...:LOL::p

I just don't even bother trying to converse with most of my mates about Muse.

xbroken_ideals
30-04-2010, 10:38 AM
My mates are all bitches when it comes to music. And most of the girls I just hang out in some classes quite enjoy the time when I share my earphones with them, despite their Newb Muser-ness ("Is this The Muse?"). :LOL:

Ara Batur
30-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Tell me about it, I begin to foam. :LOL:

Ok, here's one from me:

...why? Poor Dom :(

My little brother is always telling me how he likes Muse more than me, like, constantly. One morning, I was blasting Hullabaloo out of my stereo and Recess was playing. He came and told me to 'turn this sh*t down'. Then he stopped talking for a second, heard the vocals and said 'Oh, is this Muse? I love this song! Map of the Problematee right?'
The only reason he knows about them at all is because of me. :mad:
I then challenged him to name three songs from each album and sing at least one of them. He failed - and still says that he likes them more than me.

Glorious Resistance
30-04-2010, 12:17 PM
My friend calls them "Moose" :indiff:
Also, someone asked me how to say their name. IT'S NOT A MADE UP WORD FFS!!!
But, on better news, I'm in the process of converting him a Muser. :happy:

Glorious Resistance
30-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Oh! One more. One of my other friends always tells me Muse sucks. What's really shameful is, here's how it goes:
Me: Do you even fucking know how popular they really are? And how amazing their music is?
Him: No because they suck! The lead singer can't sing at all!
Me: :wtf: Dude! Have you heard him sing? Alright then. Who's your favourite band?
Him. Nickelback! They're the greatest band ever!
Me: :stunned: :facepalm: :LOL: :stunned: :'( :wtf: :facepalm:

I always want to beat him up when he's talking shit about them.... :indiff:

Tesseract
30-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I have another coworker fail for you, although this time it was a different coworker.

Anyways today at work we were listening to the radio and it was on a classic rock station. My coworker commented on how all these songs which I pointed out as liking were "boring" to him.

Coworker: Don't you like anything modern?
Me: I can't stand most modern bands, the only one I really listen to is Muse.
Coworker: Muse is weird and aren't very good.
Me: How many of their songs have you actually listened to?
Coworker: Only a few because they suck.
Me: Muse has more talent in their pinky (little) fingers than most other bands have as a whole.
Coworker: Then why do you never hear them on the radio?
Me: Because most music on the radio is shit.
Coworker: You have to at least like NICKELBACK!
Me: :noey: :noey: :noey:

naomithegreat
30-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't understand the obsession with nickleback! What the fuck? My mom was like, "huh nickleback must be good if tiger woods hung out backstage with them..." me - :facepalm: "mom... do you SERIOUSLY trust the judgement of a man who slept with 500 hoes? Something is clearly wrong with him. That's why he likes nickleback." Fuck.

.BleedTheSame.
30-04-2010, 09:30 PM

oh my, what great "friends" you have. xD

So remember that kid awhile back, who thought Muse had only ever released Uprising and Resistance? Yeah, well, today in math at 10:00 when the ticket sales started, I was flipping out hoping my mom was on the computer right that very moment, also telling everyone who would listen(and even those who wouldn't) she was getting tix right then, the kid says, "Why do you even like them? They suck. They'll never be as good as Third Eye Blind or, like, Red Hot Chili Peppers." I like those bands a little, but OMG they are SO not better than Muse. Gosh, I wanted to punch this kid.

Lizzie_loves_Muse
30-04-2010, 09:37 PM
My friend has always been like "Muse are rubbish!"
Until recently. He now knows a lot about them, thinks Matt is insanely talented, and says they're good. He likes some of their stuff but not all of it.
I feel insanely hapy and proud considering 99% of the music he listens to is gangsta style.
WIN! :awesome:

t.gypsy
30-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Duuuuuuude. That is awesome.

I know, I already knew they were an awesome band but if someone like my mother sticks up for them like that, is a brownie point for them as my mom isnt that tolerant of the modern bands..

.BleedTheSame.
30-04-2010, 10:23 PM
my mom loves them. she introduced me to them actually xD

alicebliss
30-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Luckily i live in France... So everybody knows them, they just hate whenever I start talking about them.
A friend of mine, he's 18, asked me who were muse' sound ingeneer and mastering, because (he works in music) he thought they did a bad job... :facepalm:

i also was about to die when an other friend (she's coming with me to see them at Les vieilles charrues's festival) told me her favourite song of the moment is undisclosed... Anyway, I changed her ringtone into sunburn!! :ninja:

kaitie<3
01-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Got another one from my boyfriend...

So we're in a long distance relationship, and I've been down to see him for the past week, in this little city that is completely filled with rap/pop/top 40 shit, and has 1 rock station that plays some decent stuff, but very little modern stuff, and tons of oldies that have been played to shit.
SO! When I drove today I stuck in Absolution (to ease myself from all the Nickleback & Miley Cyrus I have had to endure for the past week at parties and whatnot). From there the fight over the radio happened, which I won when boytoy went into the bank to deposit a cheque.

Fast forward to later in the day when we're heading home and Hysteria is blaring
Boy "Uhh don't you ever get sick of all this stuff."
Me "Umm no because I haven't heard any decent music all week."
Him "Well every time I'm in your car, you're listening to Muse."
Me "Yeah.. because I have good taste in music."
Him "Well they're ok, but I just can't stand his voice."
Me "Well its not like you've explored their older stuff very much.."
Him *mild freak out* "Do you know how much of their stuff I've listened to because of you!!!
Me "Umm... ok..."
-insert slightly awkward silence as I fume over him bashing Muse-
Him "Danny (his brother) says he doesn't like them either."
Me :facepalm: Deal with it!

Let it be known that I have been tortured with horrible pop, rap (oh dear god I hate rap) and other crap all week with minimal guitars at all -sigh-
I was at a party the other night, and there were 4 guys playing Halo with each other.. every single one of them singing to 'Party in the USA' I think they're all brainwashed up here

jmusej
01-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Im going to be there too! Im bringing 4 people!! :)

xbroken_ideals
01-05-2010, 02:32 AM
I hate it so much when people have to capitalize 'Muse'. It's so annooooyyyinnggg and unnecessary :mad:

Tesseract
01-05-2010, 03:53 AM
I hate it so much when people have to capitalize 'Muse'. It's so annooooyyyinnggg and unnecessary :mad:

But MUSE totally deserves all caps!

:p

xbroken_ideals
01-05-2010, 03:58 AM
It doesn't need capitalization to be as Godly as it is.

Bestbandever
01-05-2010, 04:00 AM
Dang, my thread has done well!

Screenaged
01-05-2010, 04:02 AM
At school sometimes if we're there for an after school event, and there's a piano, I always play Muse.
I always always play CE, and no one has ever recognised it. I'm waiting waiting WAITING for the day when someone does! :LOL:

ceolultra
01-05-2010, 04:08 AM
it's just really frustrating yeah, because over here in the US people think muse=twilight. muse was working WAYYYYYY before robert pattinson turned vampire on the world, lol. people think i'm a twilight fanatic and i mean i like the books and all but like i said,
MUSE DON'T EQUAL TWILIGHT

unless you go that way. :D

Screenaged
01-05-2010, 04:12 AM
Look on the bright side, things aren't so bad. 102.1 The Edge now has Hysteria and Time Is Running Out on their playlists instead of just Uprising, Starlight, Resistance (played at 3 in the morning, honestly I have never heard it during the daytime), and SMBH. LOTS OF SMBH. :stunned:

_silverrose_
01-05-2010, 04:19 AM
Look on the bright side, things aren't so bad. 102.1 The Edge now has Hysteria and Time Is Running Out on their playlists instead of just Uprising, Starlight, Resistance (played at 3 in the morning, honestly I have never heard it during the daytime), and SMBH. LOTS OF SMBH. :stunned:

Do they really?? :eek::eek::eek: I should start listening to The Edge more then, last time all I heard was Uprising and Resistance every day, not that I'm complaining, but it's nice that they play other songs now..

Screenaged
01-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Do they really?? :eek::eek::eek: I should start listening to The Edge more then, last time all I heard was Uprising and Resistance every day, not that I'm complaining, but it's nice that they play other songs now..

Mhm! :happy: The only thing is, they're on the very last pages of their playlist, so they'll probably only get played at 3 in the morning like once a week maybe. Ah well, they'll get more popular soon!

http://www.kdge.com/iplaylist/playlist.html?net=381
http://www.kdge.com/iplaylist/playlist.html?net=301

Gigapoodle
01-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Mhm! :happy: The only thing is, they're on the very last pages of their playlist, so they'll probably only get played at 3 in the morning like once a week maybe. Ah well, they'll get more popular soon!

http://www.kdge.com/iplaylist/playlist.html?net=381
http://www.kdge.com/iplaylist/playlist.html?net=301

I just clicked on The 'Last 10 Played' and SMBH was on there. I mean, that's something, right? The radio here plays Hysteria, TIRO, and KoC sometimes. One time I got in my car and turned it on and you know what the first thing I heard was?

'NO ONE'S GOING TO TAKE ME ALLLIIIIIIIVE'

And it was the radio :awesome:

Screenaged
01-05-2010, 04:52 AM
I just clicked on The 'Last 10 Played' and SMBH was on there. I mean, that's something, right? The radio here plays Hysteria, TIRO, and KoC sometimes. One time I got in my car and turned it on and you know what the first thing I heard was?

'NO ONE'S GOING TO TAKE ME ALLLIIIIIIIVE'

And it was the radio :awesome:

You get Hysteria TIRO and KoC :fear:
That happened to me once, but I woke up in the middle of the night to The Edge's weird techno show on Saturday nights, and it was a really weird remix of KoC. I got the one intact "NO ONE'S GOING TO TAKE ME ALIIIIIIIVE" in the whole mix. :LOL:
I swear I've got Muse senses. I'll wake up at, I dunno, 4:07, and Uprising will start right as I wake up. Either that or right when the first chorus kicks in, or something along the lines :chuckle:

Gigapoodle
01-05-2010, 05:03 AM
You get Hysteria TIRO and KoC :fear:
That happened to me once, but I woke up in the middle of the night to The Edge's weird techno show on Saturday nights, and it was a really weird remix of KoC. I got the one intact "NO ONE'S GOING TO TAKE ME ALIIIIIIIVE" in the whole mix. :LOL:
I swear I've got Muse senses. I'll wake up at, I dunno, 4:07, and Uprising will start right as I wake up. Either that or right when the first chorus kicks in, or something along the lines :chuckle:

Haha, Muse senses go! :D

I've heard Hytsteria, KoC, TIRO, Uprising, and PiB on the radio in total. Which is funny, because people are always complaining that Starlight and SMBH are always on the radio, and not once have I heard them :LOL:. The most common songs I hear on the radio are Hysteria and KoC, and Uprising when it comes to everything else. I guess I'm lucky. :chuckle:

Tesseract
01-05-2010, 05:04 AM
So erm yeah about those crazy non-Musers....

Screenaged
01-05-2010, 05:11 AM

ERM RIGHT. :stunned:

My friend wore her Muse shirt once and someone looked at it straight and said "Moose?" Not even joking. It was sad.
Also yesterday, I hummed the Plug In Baby riff when my friend who I'm converting to be a Muser was around, and she goes, "OOH! I know it! That's um...Undisclosed Desires?"

It's MK Ultra!

Tesseract
01-05-2010, 05:13 AM
ERM RIGHT. :stunned:

My friend wore her Muse shirt once and someone looked at it straight and said "Moose?" Not even joking. It was sad.
Also yesterday, I hummed the Plug In Baby riff when my friend who I'm converting to be a Muser was around, and she goes, "OOH! I know it! That's um...Undisclosed Desires?"

It's MK Ultra!

Also, I will never understand how people can mispronounce Muse. Seriously?!

Screenaged
01-05-2010, 05:16 AM

Use. Fuse. Abuse. Accuse.

Moose? :fear:

Gigapoodle
01-05-2010, 05:16 AM

Right. :p

tbh I'm not bugged by people who mispronounce Muse as 'The Muse'. I'm bugged by the people who say they love them but only know 1 song.

kato130
01-05-2010, 05:18 AM
i forgive the nonmusers for trying muse and then i hate them for rejecting it. but i know the difference! and i hate it :stunned:

Mizutsu
01-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Someone in my grade called them Moose and said their favorite song was Supermassive Syndrome. :facepalm: Well, at least he tried

Triple C
01-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Someone in my grade called them Moose and said their favorite song was Supermassive Syndrome. :facepalm: Well, at least he tried

Supermassive Syndrome? That sounds like a really insensitive term for gigantism. ;)

Gigapoodle
01-05-2010, 05:39 AM

That's improvement over Spotlight, I'd say. :LOL:

Screenaged
01-05-2010, 05:46 AM
That's improvement over Spotlight, I'd say. :LOL:

I was about to say that. :happy:

Gigapoodle
01-05-2010, 05:48 AM
I was about to say that. :happy:

Great minds think alike :awesome:

_silverrose_
01-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Use. Fuse. Abuse. Accuse.

Moose? :fear:

My dad called them moose once. I was asking my mom if she wanted ice cream and she said yes so I was like can I have money then? And my dad goes "did you spend it all on moose?" :facepalm:

I forgive him though because I got him to like them now :D He burned all the cds, The Resistance is his fav though!

ps. look at the tag line under my username :chuckle: :p

I get a few people asking that...:facepalm:

naomithegreat
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM

:facepalm: oh thank you for that one. i got a good laugh from that. :D

brainwashed
01-05-2010, 07:08 PM

well... at least here the sound is kind of similar..
when i was in argentina ppl there, in spanish used to say something like " moo sai " cause the E on musE, in spanish sounds like and A in english... :mad:
so you can barely understand wich band are they talking about :(

jayna1973
01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
When I saw them at the Nokia theater in Texas a few years ago Juliet Lewis and her band opened. She drove me crazy every time she would yell "are you ready for Muse?" because she was pronouncing it "Muce" that rhymes with "juice" "Moose" would have been an improvement :)

.BleedTheSame.
01-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I was wearing my shirt and someone was like, "Mule? Who's that?"

:facepalm: I laughed, actually.

Tofu
01-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Haha, Muse senses go! :D

I've heard Hytsteria, KoC, TIRO, Uprising, and PiB on the radio in total. Which is funny, because people are always complaining that Starlight and SMBH are always on the radio, and not once have I heard them :LOL:. The most common songs I hear on the radio are Hysteria and KoC, and Uprising when it comes to everything else. I guess I'm lucky. :chuckle:

:eek: Lucky! I heard KoC on the radio ONCE... three years ago. That was the only time I *ever* heard Muse on the radio...

actually, no, I heard someone talking about Muse on the radio, advertising the fall American tour later this year... I got excited that the next song might've been Muse, but it was Incubus instead. (I like Incubus, so I didn't mind, but I got my hopes up)

Anyway, my sister mixes up songs all the time and I'm constantly correcting her. And also I'll talk about a song and she'll be like, "Oh, I've never heard it before" and then we'll listen to it and she'll be like, "oh." :facepalm:

Gigapoodle
01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
:eek: Lucky! I heard KoC on the radio ONCE... three years ago. That was the only time I *ever* heard Muse on the radio...

actually, no, I heard someone talking about Muse on the radio, advertising the fall American tour later this year... I got excited that the next song might've been Muse, but it was Incubus instead. (I like Incubus, so I didn't mind, but I got my hopes up)

Anyway, my sister mixes up songs all the time and I'm constantly correcting her. And also I'll talk about a song and she'll be like, "Oh, I've never heard it before" and then we'll listen to it and she'll be like, "oh." :facepalm:

Awww, I'm sorry about that :(

Is it just me or are siblings not understanding of Da Myooose power? I've tried to get my brother to listen to Muse, and he does listen to a bit of them, but half of the time he doesn't care for the songs. Like, on his main playlist he has Muscle Museum and Knights of Cydonia, but those are the only songs he listens to. One time I showed him Dead Star and he was like 'Meh.'

MEH!

Calliope.
02-05-2010, 02:24 AM

Aww. I heard KoC live form HAARP before. And then afterwards this girl ripped off Matt, :noey: http://www.mediafire.com/?xjmkkmt4ywt.

I also heard Muscle Museum twice! Once Dom picked it, the other time he didnt..

Tofu
02-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Awww, I'm sorry about that :(

Is it just me or are siblings not understanding of Da Myooose power? I've tried to get my brother to listen to Muse, and he does listen to a bit of them, but half of the time he doesn't care for the songs. Like, on his main playlist he has Muscle Museum and Knights of Cydonia, but those are the only songs he listens to. One time I showed him Dead Star and he was like 'Meh.'

MEH!

Don't worry about it. In general I attract other Muse fans like flies to honey. You have no idea how often someone shouts at me at the top of their lungs, "OH MY GOD I LOVE MUSE TOO!" in public. :LOL:

xbroken_ideals
02-05-2010, 03:37 AM
I was listening to the radio, and they had someone on the line who was talking about Exogenesis 4. My ears pricked up. The presenter was like "Amy, are you seriously telling me there's another part to Redeming, uh...*flips through book* Crossed-Pollinations, and, er, The Overture?"
It was a major facepalm moment for me. :facepalm:

muselovertoo
02-05-2010, 03:39 AM
I gave a friend of mine a mixed collection of muse songs and The resistance to listen to. She was always asking who are this band that I'm travelling half way across the world to see at Wembley?
Anyway her comments floored me! .She didn't like Matt's voice because she couldn't hear him! WTF She couldn't understand what he was singing and to her it's all about being able to decifer every single word. She is a fan of keith urban so i kinda knew it would be a losing battle but hey I tried! Didn't like matt's voice I'm still shaking my head.....

jmusej
02-05-2010, 03:53 AM
So i had this conversation today...
Me, my mom, Jesse, and Jason were sitting outside talking

me- Ug I want to go to a concert
Jason- a The Muse concert?
I slam my fists on the table and stand up and my mom rolls her eyes
mom- oh god...
jason is clueless
me-THE!!?
then we argued for a few minutes and i was sent inside... :LOL:

and my friends boyfriend called them the muse too!

DarkShines11
02-05-2010, 04:01 AM
In Art, Knights of Cydonia comes on the radio.

Friend: OHH. ISN'T THIS THE BAND YOU LIKE KAYLA, MOOSE?

xbroken_ideals
02-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Moose :LOL::LOL::LOL: I'm crying with laughter right now. Love it! :LOL:

Gigapoodle
02-05-2010, 04:13 AM
So i had this conversation today...
Me, my mom, Jesse, and Jason were sitting outside talking

me- Ug I want to go to a concert
Jason- a The Muse concert?
I slam my fists on the table and stand up and my mom rolls her eyes
mom- oh god...
jason is clueless
me-THE!!?
then we argued for a few minutes and i was sent inside... :LOL:

and my friends boyfriend called them the muse too!

That's awesome :awesome:

(Your reaction, I mean)

DarkShines11
02-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Moose :LOL::LOL::LOL: I'm crying with laughter right now. Love it! :LOL:

:LOL::LOL:
I was about the same too.

My nanna loves Undisclosed Desires, but she still can't get the word Muse right. She always calls them 'The News.' >.>

SkyWizardx317
02-05-2010, 04:19 AM
My sister calls Muse as "Chocolate Muse". :facepalm:

Calliope.
02-05-2010, 04:20 AM
My sister calls Muse as "Chocolate Muse". :facepalm:

Why?

jayna1973
02-05-2010, 04:20 AM
At the Thunder game last night in OKC a commercial came on for the Muse show in October. I cheered for the commercial, and everyone was looking at me like I was nuts :)
I am lucky here, The Spy has played (I make a mental note each time I hear Muse) TIRO, Uprising, Cave, Muscle Museum, Hysteria, Undisclosed Desires and TSP

BTW, still giggling over "Supermassive Syndrome" by Moose

SkyWizardx317
02-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Why?

For lolz. :LOL:

xbroken_ideals
02-05-2010, 04:21 AM
:LOL::LOL:
I was about the same too.

My nanna loves Undisclosed Desires, but she still can't get the word Muse right. She always calls them 'The News.' >.>

LOL, an old woman? Undisclosed Desires? Interesting :p My friend Zoe calls them 'The Muse', and my brother calls them 'Mousse'. :LOL:

My dad loves Plug in Baby. It's very unusual for him to be into good music. :awesome: (He likes Frank Zappa :LOL:)

And my mum doesn't like Citizen Erased :( :'(

SkyWizardx317
02-05-2010, 04:25 AM
The only song my sister likes is Falling Away With You.

When she listened to this song, she was like: "OMG, this song is so beautiful. What's the name of this song?" When I told her the title, she said: "I love this song. Well at least there aren't any loud parts here in this song."

Gigapoodle
02-05-2010, 04:26 AM
LOL, an old woman? Undisclosed Desires? Interesting :p My friend Zoe calls them 'The Muse', and my brother calls them 'Mousse'. :LOL:

My dad loves Plug in Baby. It's very unusual for him to be into good music. :awesome: (He likes Frank Zappa :LOL:)

And my mum doesn't like Citizen Erased :( :'(

Frank Zappa's good music.

xbroken_ideals
02-05-2010, 04:28 AM
I don't really think so.

Frank Zappa... And I thought MUSE was strange. :LOL:

Gigapoodle
02-05-2010, 04:29 AM
I don't really think so.

Frank Zappa... And I thought MUSE was strange. :LOL:

Haha, I get whatcha mean. Zappa's strange. Just saying that doesn't mean he's bad :p

xbroken_ideals
02-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Haha, I get whatcha mean. Zappa's strange. Just saying that doesn't mean he's bad :p

Eh, he's not that bad. I just don't really care much for him.

Gigapoodle
02-05-2010, 04:50 AM
Eh, he's not that bad. I just don't really care much for him.

Which is alright :)

But anyway!

When I brought my brother to the Muse concert, he was sitting there (we had seats), and he looked absolutely bored out of his mind. I looked over at him during Hysteria, and he was just sitting there, not even tapping his foot or banging his head or anything! And I was like 'what is wrong with you?!?!?!'

I was this close to forcing him to stand up and do something. This close.

xbroken_ideals
02-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Which is alright :)

But anyway!

When I brought my brother to the Muse concert, he was sitting there (we had seats), and he looked absolutely bored out of his mind. I looked over at him during Hysteria, and he was just sitting there, not even tapping his foot or banging his head or anything! And I was like 'what is wrong with you?!?!?!'

I was this close to forcing him to stand up and do something. This close.

Sounds like me when my brother brought me to his Nickelback concert. :LOL:

Gigapoodle
02-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Sounds like me when my brother brought me to his Nickelback concert. :LOL:

I'm surprised you didn't just walk out on them :LOL:

xbroken_ideals
02-05-2010, 04:56 AM
I'm surprised you didn't just walk out on them :LOL:

We in the pit though, it was kind of arkward. :LOL:

KellyJohnson
02-05-2010, 05:04 AM
friday my friend asked me what i was gonna be doing this weekend, i told them i was going out to eat for my birthday (which is right now :D ), and was hoping my hubby got me muse tickets (for the nov. 6 show). he says "what is that? like when they pretend they're in a box or something?" apparently he was thinking MIME. what a dumbass. oh, and a few weeks before that he asked what i was listening to and said it sounded like nirvana ....ooookeeey .... yeah. exogenesis really sounds like nirvana..just like it. :eek:

Gigapoodle
02-05-2010, 05:18 AM
friday my friend asked me what i was gonna be doing this weekend, i told them i was going out to eat for my birthday (which is right now :D ), and was hoping my hubby got me muse tickets (for the nov. 6 show). he says "what is that? like when they pretend they're in a box or something?" apparently he was thinking MIME. what a dumbass. oh, and a few weeks before that he asked what i was listening to and said it sounded like nirvana ....ooookeeey .... yeah. exogenesis really sounds like nirvana..just like it. :eek:

Well, to be fair some of the earlier Muse material does sound somewhat Nirvana-ish. Though saying Exo sounds like them is pretty wow.

Octazooka
02-05-2010, 05:25 AM
I was looking up Muse on the internet and I stumbled across a column stating what the writer's top 10 muse songs were. The list was decent but when I stumbled upon this I was shocked at the man writing the column.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6269/picture8yo.png

Chris playing piano?:LOL:

Other than this, have you come across clueless non-musers?

Oh no :LOL: Phail!

BondTegenLA
02-05-2010, 12:00 PM
I had an avatar of Dom on a forum and some one said to me "You look cute" :stunned:

weird cOokie
02-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I had an avatar of Dom on a forum and some one said to me "You look cute" :stunned:

LMFAO this happened to me as well!
i have an avatar of Matt in another forum, and few people told me my boyfriend was really hot. :LOL:

besides this. my father :facepalm:
idk what's wrong with him. we were in a cd shop, i saw a huuuge muse poster.
i called him
"look, da myoooze!"
"ah, uhm right. the dudes you adore"
"yes"
"they look old, considering that they're a disney band"
"SAY WHAT!? :eek:"
"aren't they the latest boy band from disney?"
"i said MUSE not JONAS BROTHERS"

i seriously don't know what's wrong with him.
he really thought they were from disney :facepalm:
don't ask me why...

BondTegenLA
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
i have an avatar of Matt in another forum, and few people told me my boyfriend was really hot. :LOL:

i called him
"look, da myoooze!"
"yes"

don't ask me why...

Well at least they said 'your boyfriend' and not 'You'
And double facepalm for you father :facepalm::facepalm:

Killer Rabbit
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Muse's 6th album will be titled "Moose", and feature songs like "Spotlight" and "Supermassive Syndrome". :D:p

weird cOokie
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Well at least they said 'your boyfriend' and not 'You'
And double facepalm for you father :facepalm::facepalm:

my father is like a living facepalm :facepalm:
-hides in shame-

Muse's 6th album will be titled "Moose", and feature songs like "Spotlight" and "Supermassive Syndrome". :D:p

oooh sounds great!
and i'm sure singer Mike Bellamy will do an amazing job, along with Chris the pianist :awesome:

Triple C
02-05-2010, 04:15 PM
oooh sounds great!
and i'm sure singer Mike Bellamy will do an amazing job, along with Chris the pianist :awesome:

Nah. It'll just sound like Creed.

MattC13
02-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Two people at my school fall into this category:

One never listened to Muse and doesn't like them.

The other I indirectly introduced Muse to her, then a week later she changed her MSN name to 'Muse' and when I confronted her about it she said she only listens to two songs.

owruiftgdiopb nij

People who link Twilight to Muse are idiots, btw. They'll never realize that they are one of the only rock bands that aren't full of s***.

MUSEirik
02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Conversation between me and a guy in my class:

Him: You like Muse, right?
Me: OMG, yes!
Him: They suck.
Me: :mad: Really? Have you heard them?
Him: Yeah, I've heard a few songs. I guess they're okay...
Me: Which songs do you like?
Him: Well, SBH, KoC, and Hysteria
Me: How many have you heard?
Him: Well... Only those three

Though I am proud to say I have converted my best friend, and everybody in my class now like them (or at least have heard of them) because of ME :D

notyounaanbread
02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
A coversation over tea with my dad.

Talking about muse....
Dad: Yeah there from tynemouth aren't they.

I whish they were... then they'd just be that little bit cooler. And near me.

jayna1973
02-05-2010, 07:21 PM
When I first posted my photo of me and Matt on Facebook, one of my friends commented "ooh, who's the new guy?" She thought it was a picture of me and my then BF, now DH. Too funny! Kenny looks more like Matthew Perry then Matthew Bellamy :)

Gigapoodle
02-05-2010, 08:04 PM

i called him
"look, da myoooze!"
"yes"

don't ask me why...

I'm so sorry. My dad at least listens to some Muse...but that's probably because I downloaded all of the CDs to his laptop and made a special playlist for him of all their special songs :P

He listens to 8 of them on a regluar basis. I'm so pwoud :D

But seriously, a Disney band?!?!?!? :mad:

Alliana0x
02-05-2010, 08:17 PM
My dad calls them Muesli. :facepalm: :LOL:

weird cOokie
02-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm so sorry. My dad at least listens to some Muse...but that's probably because I downloaded all of the CDs to his laptop and made a special playlist for him of all their special songs :P

my mom is a pwoper MuseMom.
my father is just an epicfail :facepalm:
he doesn't care about me, and so about my interests, you know.
i guess he was just trying to have a convo :rolleyes:

jmusej
02-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I had another argument with Jason this morning on Facebook...

My status said: I love that the first thing I heard this morning was Endlessly by MUSE...that song is so pretty...

Jason comented- Yes Jordyn we all know you like the muse
Me- Accually that would be MUSE...get it right
Jason- Um...you only capitslize acronyms and not random words so im pretty sure your wrong
Me- GO CHECK THEIR WEBSITE!!! ITS ALL CAPS CUZ THEYRE SOOO EPIC!!!!

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Ahkmed
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
My dad calls them Muesli. :facepalm: :LOL:
Everytime I'm in the store and I'm in the cereal isle I run up and hold up a box of Muesli. :$ Also whenever people say "let's listen to some music" I always respond "Yeah, let's listen to some MUSEic." :facepalm:

My status said: I love that the first thing I heard this morning was Endlessly by MUSE...that song is so pretty...

Jason- Um...you only capitslize acronyms and not random words so im pretty sure your wrong

I really really hate it when people say "The Muse." I don't know why that annoys me so much...it's just..errg.
My dad loves Muse. :awesome: And he's pretty hardcore about them too. He's so awesome. My friends like them too. I've gotten them all obsessed too. But I was expecting them to like the most popular songs but they both said that they're favourite songs were Unnatural Selection and Hysteria! :happy: Plus we were on vacation in California yesterday with them and we passed the Honda Center where Muse will be playing and my friend saw the Muse logo on the sign and shouted to me "LOOK KAYLEY, IT'S MUSE!"

MUSEirik
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I think my mom's actually starting to like them. I keep playing their songs on the piano, and she always asks "Is that muse again? It's nice!".

I also know people who keeps kalling them M-us-eh and Mouse. :mad:

Calliope.
02-05-2010, 10:45 PM

My dad likes Muse, like KoC, Uprising, and stuff, but after a 3hr Muse car trip, he got really mad and switched it off, apparently we were fighting... but that was just an excuse he made up to justify his actions :fear:

Gigapoodle
02-05-2010, 11:04 PM
My dad likes Muse, like KoC, Uprising, and stuff, but after a 3hr Muse car trip, he got really mad and switched it off, apparently we were fighting... but that was just an excuse he made up to justify his actions :fear:

Aww, turning off Muse :supersad:

My dad's always been a very casual Muse fan. He listens to Uprising, Resistance, Starlight, Hysteria, KoC, SMBH, PIB, and MM. On our 8 hour car trip to a Muse gig, he listened to those a lot on repeat. It made me happy, but at the same time I was like 'NEEDS MOAR SHOWBIZ' :p

Jungle Fish
02-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I remember a music review that said something like "Citizen Erased opens with 'I've exposed your lies, baby'..." :facepalm:

monmouth13
03-05-2010, 12:43 AM
I remember a music review that said something like "Citizen Erased opens with 'I've exposed your lies, baby'..." :facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm:

Gigapoodle
03-05-2010, 01:39 AM

Now that is a major fail.

Fish Custard
03-05-2010, 02:35 AM
My friend said Justin Bieber's 'Baby' was a better song than Citizen Erased. There are just no words to express the dismay.

Luigi.
03-05-2010, 02:37 AM
My friend said Justin Bieber's 'Baby' was a better song than Citizen Erased. There are just no words to express the dismay.

:noey::noey::noey::noey::facepalm::facepalm:

jmusej
03-05-2010, 03:46 AM
Oh God I think I'm going to be sick...thats just sad...That person needs to go live under a rock... :facepalm:

Triple C
03-05-2010, 03:49 AM

Not to join the wrong wide of the fight, but capitalization in a logo doesn't merit capitalization all the time. If that were the case, you'd need to put the lines above and below on all references too. I go with "Muse" because that's what is used in the band's press releases as well as in pretty much all media references ... if the band wanted otherwise, they'd ask media outlets to use all caps and you'd see some (not all) comply. Personally as a journalist I don't care for the look of all-capped words, unless it's an acronym, because it just looks like you're shouting the word. Example: LEGO. It's trademarked in all caps, but it looks ridiculous in print.

In things that are more artistic or creative, the all-cap font works well. If I'm writing the band's name in a concert review, I'm going with the standard proper noun, unless it's insisted otherwise by the band.

End randomly long, unsolicited opinion on proper nouns.:stunned:

Gigapoodle
03-05-2010, 04:09 AM

http://www.theatomicedge.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

*Isadora*
03-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Muse's 6th album will be titled "Moose", and feature songs like "Spotlight" and "Supermassive Syndrome". :D:p:LOL: I hope you don't mind, but I gotta sig that!

My dad calls them Muesli. :facepalm: :LOL::LOL:

My friend said Justin Bieber's 'Baby' was a better song than Citizen Erased. There are just no words to express the dismay.That's just wrong on so many levels. :noey:

It cracks me up that people think Muse is pronounced "moose"! :LOL: And it drives me nuts to see them called The Muse (I've only come across one person irl that did that, but I've seen it online plenty of times!).

Most people I know have never heard of them, so I don't have any interesting (or :facepalm:) stories to tell. But some of these are just hilarious!
Clueless people are clueless!

xbroken_ideals
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM

What a little fucking shit. Tell her that a mad bitch on the Muse forums says "You're a fucking cow, get out from under your fucking rock and maybe you'll find some fucking music taste." Thanks for that :happy:

Calliope.
03-05-2010, 09:27 AM
What a little fucking shit. Tell her that a mad bitch on the Muse forums says "You're a fucking cow, get out from under your fucking rock and maybe you'll find some fucking music taste." Thanks for that :happy:

:chuckle:

Bieber :vomit:

IngeVS
03-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I had a discussion with a friend last year around this time. We were talking about Rock Werchter festival. She went there in 2008. The conversation went like this:

she: "I saw Muse!!"
me: "You did? when?"
she: "Rock Werchter"
me: "When? You only went last year"
she: "Yes, that's where I saw them"
me: "Muse wasn't there"
she: "yes they were!!!" :mad:
me: "no they were not"
she: "they were there!!! How would you know, I was there and you were at the other side of the world"
me: "True, but still, they weren't playing Rock Werchter in 2008"
she: just gets mad
me: "okay, when exactly did they play"
she: "They were the last band on Sunday on Main stage"
me: "THAT was dEUS!!!!"
she: "Oooh, I was wondering why the singer spoke Dutch that fluently"

How did that happen? A belgian who confuses our own dEUS with Muse

naomithegreat
03-05-2010, 08:03 PM

oh fucking lord. are you serious? i don't even know what to say. except a stream of obscenities.

and that darth vadar picture captures it precisely.

"tell her... you're a fucking cow...." -> yes. please tell her this. it's sad that a pubescent little fuck named jus - (actually teen-who-shall-not-be-named now) is better than MATTHEW FUCKIN BELLAMY and MUSE. (not "the muse"... :facepalm:)

Fish Custard
03-05-2010, 08:34 PM
:noey::noey::noey::noey::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh God I think I'm going to be sick...thats just sad...That person needs to go live under a rock... :facepalm:

:LOL:!

That's just wrong on so many levels. :noey:

oh fucking lord. are you serious? i don't even know what to say. except a stream of obscenities.

and that darth vadar picture captures it precisely.

"tell her... you're a fucking cow...." -> yes. please tell her this. it's sad that a pubescent little fuck named jus - (actually teen-who-shall-not-be-named now) is better than MATTHEW FUCKIN BELLAMY and MUSE. (not "the muse"... :facepalm:)

Yes, I am serious. The worst part is that she does actually like some Muse songs..
When she said it I was like :stunned: ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS.
Apparently she was. I literally couldn't believe she meant it. FUUUUUUUUUU :fear:

bellapod
03-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I had a discussion with a friend last year around this time. We were talking about Rock Werchter festival. She went there in 2008. The conversation went like this:

she: "I saw Muse!!"
me: "You did? when?"
she: "Rock Werchter"
me: "When? You only went last year"
she: "Yes, that's where I saw them"
me: "Muse wasn't there"
she: "yes they were!!!" :mad:
me: "no they were not"
she: "they were there!!! How would you know, I was there and you were at the other side of the world"
me: "True, but still, they weren't playing Rock Werchter in 2008"
she: just gets mad
me: "okay, when exactly did they play"
she: "They were the last band on Sunday on Main stage"
me: "THAT was dEUS!!!!"
she: "Oooh, I was wondering why the singer spoke Dutch that fluently"

How did that happen? A belgian who confuses our own dEUS with Muse

Now that had me chuckling!

Just one on my uni friends like Muse. The other uni friends think I have OCD when it comes to playing music and me talking about Muse is beginning to piss them off. I think the worse thing is my family though. I played resistance when they were staying with me and I sang along as I cleared up. Apparently Matt sounds like Val Doonican (spelling is shite here). A little bit of me just shiveled up and died inside.
I'm living in some seriously boring part of England. Thank goodness for .mu cause otherwise I would go insane.

Jungle Fish
03-05-2010, 09:04 PM

Oh wow. That is the most epic fail I've ever seen.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

jayna1973
03-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Love the Darth Vader pic!
I have another one...my best friend (who is now a dedicated Muser herself) didn't know who they were when I took her with me to a radio station event (that's where my avatar picture came from). She thought Matt was a roadie for most of the event, and that Morgan was Matt. We were at the same prep table, and later when Matt moved on to another table (he was really nice about trying to talk to everyone) she asked "where did the little skinny guy go? He was nice." She figured it out when I had her take the picture a few minutes later :)

Gigapoodle
03-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I have another one...my best friend (who is now a dedicated Muser herself) didn't know who they were when I took her with me to a radio station event (that's where my avatar picture came from). She thought Matt was a roadie for most of the event, and that Morgan was Matt. We were at the same prep table, and later when Matt moved on to another table (he was really nice about trying to talk to everyone) she asked "where did the little skinny guy go? He was nice." She figured it out when I had her take the picture a few minutes later :)

Haha, that's great :LOL:

MattC13
03-05-2010, 10:24 PM

There is someone that will deal with this.

It is called Karma.

Jungle Fish
04-05-2010, 02:35 AM
There is someone that will deal with this.

It is called Karma.

:chuckle:

Kaimon
04-05-2010, 03:00 AM
I was talking to a friend and her crush one day, and somehow we got on the subject of Muse. Anyways it went like this:

Guy: So, you're the one who loves Muse, right?

Me: Uh, yeah.

Friend: Muse is AMAZING! Especially Newborn! (I got her into Muse :) )

Guy: Ugh, I HATE Muse! Their songs are so shitty!

Me: Ok? Which ones did you listen to?

Guy: Supermassive Black Hole and Uprising.

Me: *facepalm*

Tofu
04-05-2010, 03:51 AM
My sister is officially forgiven for getting Muse songs mixed up. :awesome:
Her friend said "Muse sound like they're trying too hard to be mainstream."
and she responded with, "But Muse has too much genius to make mainstream pop." :yesey:

Gigapoodle
04-05-2010, 03:58 AM
I was talking to a friend and her crush one day, and somehow we got on the subject of Muse. Anyways it went like this:

Your friend has horrible taste in crushes then.

arsenal0119
04-05-2010, 04:08 AM

you should have just said outloud "why do you like this guy? he has a shitty taste in music". maybe too rude if you dont pull it off with satire (fake satire, that is :D)

a-muse-ing.alanna
04-05-2010, 04:22 AM
I know my brother made me crazy once ...

*is listening to SMBH before it was out on that godforbid excuse of a movie, brother walks into computer room*
Me: listen to this song. do you like it?
Him: ... *listens* ... is it muse?
Me: well, yeah, what else would I be listening to?
Him: oh, then it's ... ok.

I almost stood up and bitch slapped him across the face, but WAIT! It gets better! --

*few months after twilight has been out*
Him: oh hey, remember that song you showed me?
Me: no. which one?
Him: I don't know, it's on the twilight soundtrack. It's so catchy. I love it! *tries humming SMBH*
Me: you hated that song!
Him: yeaaaah but it's on twilight now!

I think I've made an improvement on his taste in music. From someone who only listens to Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, and Taylor Swift, I've gotten him to love muse now. :D

Kaimon
04-05-2010, 04:28 AM
you should have just said outloud "why do you like this guy? he has a shitty taste in music". maybe too rude if you dont pull it off with satire (fake satire, that is :D)

That is BRILLIANT :LOL:. Except his brother knows a guy who's worked with Muse on the production of their songs or something similar, and he might be able to score me some tickets. While I find that unlikely, he got some tickets for his brother (who likes Muse), and I don't want to hurt any chances on getting free muse stuff.

naomithegreat
04-05-2010, 04:29 AM
I know my brother made me crazy once ...

*is listening to SMBH before it was out on that godforbid excuse of a movie, brother walks into computer room*
Me: listen to this song. do you like it?
Him: ... *listens* ... is it muse?
Me: well, yeah, what else would I be listening to?
Him: oh, then it's ... ok.

I almost stood up and bitch slapped him across the face, but WAIT! It gets better! --

*few months after twilight has been out*
Him: oh hey, remember that song you showed me?
Me: no. which one?
Him: I don't know, it's on the twilight soundtrack. It's so catchy. I love it! *tries humming SMBH*
Me: you hated that song!
Him: yeaaaah but it's on twilight now!

I think I've made an improvement on his taste in music. From someone who only listens to Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, and Taylor Swift, I've gotten him to love muse now. :D

you should be commended. you saved a soul from the forces of evil. and by evil, i mean justin and taylor. lol. michael is alright.. bc it's fuckin michael.

Kaimon
04-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Your friend has horrible taste in crushes then.

Lol. Well I guess I'm kinda glad that my crush likes Starlight at least :LOL:

A pretty visitor
04-05-2010, 04:33 AM
I've had a few of those moments with my Twihard (or whatever they're called) friend.

This is us driving in my mom's car, listening to Muse.
Her: "Ughhh what is this?"
Me: "Muse..."
Her: "Oh Muse, I like them, they're cool."
Me: " I thought you didn't listen to that kind of music"
Her: "What kind of music, what do you mean?"
Me: *AHEMGOOD/EPIC/GOODAHEM* ...Well you know...I though you're into like Beyonce and stuff"
Her: "YEAHBEYONCE! But no, I still like Muse"
Me: "Wanna go to the concert with me, cause no one else is up for it?"
Her: "Okay...well I'm not that much of a fan to be honest"
Me: "Ah I see...well what songs do you like"
Her: "Supermassive Black Hole, I belong to you, Undisclosed Desires"
Me: "Ah.Good. Songs. Never mind you don't have to come, if you don't want to. MOM WANNA GO WITH ME?"

Same friend. Two hours later at my house.

Her: "So who do you think is hot?"
Me: "Uhmm Dom Howard is pretty hot."
Her: "Ohhh let's see!" *googles his name* "Ewww really? He's like so old!!! You know who I think is hot? TAYLOR LAUTNER! just look at those abs!"
Me: "Did..you just?-- Ugh. Just. Leave. Now. The. Door. Is. That. Way.:facepalm:"

a-muse-ing.alanna
04-05-2010, 04:34 AM
you should be commended. you saved a soul from the forces of evil. and by evil, i mean justin and taylor. lol. michael is alright.. bc it's fuckin michael.

THANKS! :D
It took awhile, bout 2 years, but he's proven himself. When I found out that muse would be coming back to Canada for the fall tour, I told him and he announced "If they come to Winnipeg I'd go see them again. It was a great concert in Calgary!"
:dance: mission accomplished.

well the Bieber has to stop. bad enough most of my friends would pick him over muse. :facepalm: and Taylor Swift ... *shudders*

arsenal0119
04-05-2010, 04:47 AM
That is BRILLIANT :LOL:. Except his brother knows a guy who's worked with Muse on the production of their songs or something similar, and he might be able to score me some tickets. While I find that unlikely, he got some tickets for his brother (who likes Muse), and I don't want to hurt any chances on getting free muse stuff.

yeah, i meant it just to mess with him. i think its awesome when girls are confident enough to do it around me.

Kaimon
04-05-2010, 04:50 AM
yeah, i meant it just to mess with him. i think its awesome when girls are confident enough to do it around me.

I was pretty sure that's what you meant, but I hardly know the guy so it most likely would be taken the wrong way :p

Gigapoodle
04-05-2010, 05:54 AM

Her: "Ohhh let's see!" *googles his name* "Ewww really? He's like so old!!! You know who I think is hot? TAYLOR LAUTNER! just look at those abs!"
Me: "Did..you just?-- Ugh. Just. Leave. Now. The. Door. Is. That. Way.:facepalm:"

wat

*is trying to comprehend how someone could not think Dom is hot*

SkyWizardx317
04-05-2010, 06:30 AM

:stunned: :facepalm: What a shame. Who cares if Dom is old, he is still hot.

Calliope.
04-05-2010, 07:02 AM
I've had a few of those moments with my Twihard (or whatever they're called) friend.

A similar thing happened to me... TWICE!

Friend: Woah he's hot *points to buff guy on street*
Me: Meh.. I like someone better
Friend: Like who?
Me: *shows pic of Dom*
Friend: Eww, he's ugly. And SO OLD!
Me: :eek:
Other Friend: Show me! *Sees it* No, I have to say, that is definately not hot.
Me: *crushed* Not even a little? *shows younger hotter pic*
Friend: .... sorta, but still... I like a guy with good arms
Me: He has great arms! Hes a drummer!
Other Friend: Theres something wrong with you Liz..
Me: :supersad:

Boy: So what tye of guy do you like?
Me: Well... *fumbles for iPod to show picture of Dom* this type: *shows*
Boy: Is that Edward from twlight?
Me:
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3614/17189130475rageface2png.jpg
Kudos to Gigapoodle for doing this first.I just copied... :ninja:

SkyWizardx317
04-05-2010, 07:19 AM

Me:

:wtf: Dom as Edward?! That's pure blasphemy! :mad:

Calliope.
04-05-2010, 07:20 AM

INORITE!!???

SkyWizardx317
04-05-2010, 07:23 AM
INORITE!!???

YEAH! :mad:

/on rage

Tofu
04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I think Dom is hot. :eek:
Those people are crazy. :p

SkyWizardx317
04-05-2010, 10:03 AM
(as posted on random muse-ings in your life)

Seeing GH5 in a toy store...

Me: Do you know about the guy in red suit? (Refers to Matt in GH5)
Cousin: Yes.
Me: What do you think of him?
Cousin: He looks like Pete Wentz.

Does he? :supersad:

xbroken_ideals
04-05-2010, 10:11 AM
In Maths today, I could totally hear one of the school bands practising for our school concert- but they were doing NEW FUCKING BORN. I had a minor seizure.

Friend: "What's up with you?" *Looks slightly disturbed*
Me: "That song...I love that song...fuck.."
Friend: "Okay..? What song? Oh, I can hear it. Sounds pretty cool, actually!"
Me: "That is my third-favourite song ever."
Friend: "Really? What is it?"
Friend: "Oh, of course. What song?"
Me: "Laura, you won't know it. Trust me,"
Friend: "Just tell me anyway,"
Me: "...It's called New Born."
Friend: "Oh yeah! It DOES sound like it."
Me: *Staring blankly at her* "Laura...You-"
Friend: "I haven't got a clue."
Me: "Gee, thanks for getting me all excited for nothing. When's the school concert again?"
Friend: "Tomorrow,"
Me: "HOLY SHIT,"

laurenn1
04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, a guy in my class thinks Knights of Cydonia is really 'Knights of Caledonia' :wtf:
Which is pretty irritating :chuckle:

Killer Rabbit
04-05-2010, 11:38 AM
:LOL: I hope you don't mind, but I gotta sig that!

No problem!

If anything I say on this forum is funny to my fellow Musers, by all means, repeat it. :D:p

naomithegreat
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
In Maths today, I could totally hear one of the school bands practising for our school concert- but they were doing NEW FUCKING BORN. I had a minor seizure.

Me: "Gee, thanks for getting me all excited for nothing. When's the school concert again?"

Bahaha. If my high school had done "new born".. and done it right... I would have shitted a brick. And been the band's biggest supporter. That's amazing.

naomithegreat
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM

:facepalm: he def does NOT. But I could see why they said that...

IngeVS
04-05-2010, 04:07 PM

Dom as Edward? I wouldn't mind. Then Edward was actually hot in the movies.
Much better then the real version!!

Falling.Down.
04-05-2010, 06:19 PM
My friends know not to talk too much about Muse to me because if they say something wrong, i will scream at them. A lot.

notyounaanbread
04-05-2010, 06:21 PM
My friends know not to talk too much about Muse to me because if they say something wrong, i will scream at them. A lot.

Oh I know all about that. my friend once said somthing about muse and my obession being sad, and I just litterally screamed in her face, so loudly, so out of nowhere, I scared myself... and I few people around me.

jmusej
04-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Not to join the wrong wide of the fight, but capitalization in a logo doesn't merit capitalization all the time. If that were the case, you'd need to put the lines above and below on all references too. I go with "Muse" because that's what is used in the band's press releases as well as in pretty much all media references ... if the band wanted otherwise, they'd ask media outlets to use all caps and you'd see some (not all) comply. Personally as a journalist I don't care for the look of all-capped words, unless it's an acronym, because it just looks like you're shouting the word. Example: LEGO. It's trademarked in all caps, but it looks ridiculous in print.

In things that are more artistic or creative, the all-cap font works well. If I'm writing the band's name in a concert review, I'm going with the standard proper noun, unless it's insisted otherwise by the band.

End randomly long, unsolicited opinion on proper nouns.:stunned: I understand what you mean, but ive seen it written MUSE other places besides the logo...on my phone it shows the website name (for example now it says Muse Messageboard- Reply) and when i go on muse.mu it says MUSE...i think both are right and i dont normaly write it in all caps i was just messing with him...

Calliope.
04-05-2010, 10:42 PM

WOAH! That is so cool! I'm playing KoC in front of my school, soon. I'm gunna blow their freaking minds!

Triple C
04-05-2010, 10:45 PM

NO.:eek:

jmusej
04-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I have another one...my best friend (who is now a dedicated Muser herself) didn't know who they were when I took her with me to a radio station event (that's where my avatar picture came from). She thought Matt was a roadie for most of the event, and that Morgan was Matt. We were at the same prep table, and later when Matt moved on to another table (he was really nice about trying to talk to everyone) she asked "where did the little skinny guy go? He was nice." She figured it out when I had her take the picture a few minutes later :)Did she freak out? :LOL:

Gigapoodle
04-05-2010, 10:53 PM

Me:

:supersad:

WHY?!?!?!?

Triple C
04-05-2010, 11:31 PM
I understand what you mean, but ive seen it written MUSE other places besides the logo...on my phone it shows the website name (for example now it says Muse Messageboard- Reply) and when i go on muse.mu it says MUSE...i think both are right and i dont normaly write it in all caps i was just messing with him...

Yeah, it is all caps on the Firefox header or tab header for the website. But I still consider those things more decorative, whereas in text is makes more sense up-and-down. I don't really mind it either way ... I just wouldn't say someone is wrong for writing "Muse." However, if you're bustin' non-Muser chops ... than I'm OK with it.:LOL:

Another funny: My dad has been borrowing my Jeep the past couple of days while he waits for me to do an oil change on his, and he's been listening to the CDs I have in there. Apparently he had my little sister in the, who is a professional know-it-all. One of my Keane CDs came on, their last album, Perfect Symmetry, and my dad said he asked my little sister what it was. She told him it was Muse's first album.:eek: He tried to argue it wasn't Muse, but she insisted, as if he were an idiot (she loves to do that). He reported this to me today, and I was like "uh, NO" and he was like "I knew it." My sister cracks me up. On the bright side, I give my dad kudos for knowing enough to know she was wrong.:happy:

jayna1973
05-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Did she freak out? :LOL:

Yes! We went out for drinks with another friend of ours afterward, and she was yelling at me (not really mad, just joking) "why didn't you tell me!" But I had to point out that when we first squeezed in to share the prep table we had shaken hands with Matt, who politely introduced himself "Hi, I'm Matt and this is Morgan." And I don't think anyone noticed but me. She never called them by the wrong names at least :) Later, she said that she thought Morgan was cuter because Matt was too scrawny for her taste. In April at the Portland show, she was crushing on Chris because of his muscled arms. But she knew who everyone was!

Gigapoodle
05-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Yes! We went out for drinks with another friend of ours afterward, and she was yelling at me (not really mad, just joking) "why didn't you tell me!" But I had to point out that when we first squeezed in to share the prep table we had shaken hands with Matt, who politely introduced himself "Hi, I'm Matt and this is Morgan." And I don't think anyone noticed but me. She never called them by the wrong names at least :) Later, she said that she thought Morgan was cuter because Matt was too scrawny for her taste. In April at the Portland show, she was crushing on Chris because of his muscled arms. But she knew who everyone was!

Chris love :dance:

Is she a total converted Muse fan, then?

jayna1973
05-05-2010, 05:19 AM
Is she a total converted Muse fan, then?

Oh yes, totally converted :)

Mimmi
05-05-2010, 09:33 AM

Me:

LOL :LOL: trying to picture Dom as tortured moody vampire boy.. He is SO the opposite...

Gigapoodle
05-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Ok, so you know how Myspace posted the Seattle gig? That's the one I went to, and I was so excited about it. I told my friend about it (the only one's who ever even heard of Muse, and she kinda likes them). She was all 'meh' at first, but then after school I took her to my house to show her it. You wanna know her responses?

'That lead singer dude has some weird taste in fashion.'
'Is that a headless bass? Lame. Poser.'
'What is he doing...what the hell?' (Refering to Matt)

She did have a couple of good comments, such as 'woah! Look at the towers!' and a couple 'I like this songs', and overall she thought it was pretty cool, but I've still got a long road ahead with her. I shall convert her, don't you worry! :D

Gretterati
05-05-2010, 11:45 PM
I put the picture I took with Matt on facebook and people keep saying he's odd-looking :rolleyes: silly people.

.BleedTheSame.
06-05-2010, 01:31 AM
My friend was talking to me and she was like, "So your seeing Uprising in concert?"

And then she went on about how I said I was seeing Uprising, the band, in concert, and thats why she called them that.

CydonianKnight7
06-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Not something really about a clueless non-muser, but just somebody incredibly sneaky.

Was working at a community festival this Sunday gone, and one of the bands finished playing a metal version of one of Lady Gaga's songs (:facepalm: ). After that he was talking about this new song they had written together, and he hopes everybody enjoys the riff 'as it was last minute improv they decided to settle with'.

The cheek of it... The riff was 'The Groove'. Thought he could get away with it he did.

Tofu
06-05-2010, 02:30 AM
Ok, so you know how Myspace posted the Seattle gig? That's the one I went to, and I was so excited about it. I told my friend about it (the only one's who ever even heard of Muse, and she kinda likes them). She was all 'meh' at first, but then after school I took her to my house to show her it. You wanna know her responses?

'That lead singer dude has some weird taste in fashion.'
'Is that a headless bass? Lame. Poser.'
'What is he doing...what the hell?' (Refering to Matt)

She did have a couple of good comments, such as 'woah! Look at the towers!' and a couple 'I like this songs', and overall she thought it was pretty cool, but I've still got a long road ahead with her. I shall convert her, don't you worry! :D

Sounds shallow to comment on appearance and not the music, but what can you do?

Gigapoodle
06-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Sounds shallow to comment on appearance and not the music, but what can you do?

Well, you have to admit Matt is dressing pretty silly these days. I can't really blame her for that one.

Tofu
06-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Well, you have to admit Matt is dressing pretty silly these days. I can't really blame her for that one.

Yeah. :LOL: My mom commented on his clothing, too, as well as bad teeth. :LOL: (during SNL)

Gigapoodle
06-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Yeah. :LOL: My mom commented on his clothing, too, as well as bad teeth. :LOL: (during SNL)

Haha, seriously! I showed that same friend the video for Uprising and all she could focus on were Matt's teeth! It's so blatantly horrible in that vid :LOL:

mattarena88
06-05-2010, 02:48 AM

What I thought the choice of black socks with white shoes and turqouise pants didn't stand out at ALL in the seattle show...:LOL:

Gigapoodle
06-05-2010, 03:00 AM
My brother and I literally just had this conversation.

Me: *playing UD from laptop*
Bro: 'They didn't play this at the concert, did they?'
Me: 'They did. Remember the keytar and the lazers?'
Bro: 'Oh yeah. I didn't care much for that live.'
Me: 'I get where you're coming from.'
Bro: 'I especially didn't care for the parts where they brought out the piano.'
Me: *in shock* But the piano parts had the best moment of the entire concert! Ruled By Secrecy! It was amazing! How dare you!
Bro: I was bored.

:noey:

ashleyski
06-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Okay so this girl in my grade says she "hasnt listened to muse her whole life" and "how big of a fan she is" i dont belive that at all

and my friend and i r trying to tell her that she isnt a muse fan at all!!! the worst part is she owns a TWILIGHT SHIRT!! :eek::'(

Triple C
06-05-2010, 03:59 AM
I put the picture I took with Matt on facebook and people keep saying he's odd-looking :rolleyes: silly people.

Well, it is kind of "odd" to be incredibly, incredibly, mind-blowingly good-looking ... so ... :LOL:

OhMyGoodness
06-05-2010, 04:51 AM
I was talking to someone after class, and we were discussing what concerts we might go to this year. I told him that I would be going to a Muse concert in September and he went,
"Oh, Muse? I'm not really a big fan of them. I've never really been into techno music"
So I nodded understandingly, and said "Oh that's fine, I mean our tastes in music are a little diff-- wait, what?":facepalm:

Melania13
06-05-2010, 05:51 AM
I hate it when my friends only hate Muse because I like them.
This is all my friends (actually just my two best friends... they like ke$ha and beyonce :facepalm:)

we get in the car, Muse (duh) comes on..

My friend: ew what is this? *changes song before listening to more than 2 seconds*
me: :eek: get out of my car!
friend::LOL:
me: not even kidding right now

we then proceeded to listen to an hour of justin beiber, jonas bros, miley cyrus and ke$ha (i was outnumbered 4 to 1 :()
i almost died..... and they made me drive too so i put the music very low and pretended like i just wanted to talk so i could protect my ears from bleeding

Tofu
06-05-2010, 05:55 AM
This is all my friends (actually just my two best friends... they like ke$ha and beyonce :facepalm:)

My friend: ew what is this? *changes song before listening to more than 2 seconds*

we then proceeded to listen to an hour of justin beiber, jonas bros, miley cyrus and ke$ha (i was outnumbered 4 to 1 :()
i almost died..... and they made me drive too so i put the music very low and pretended like i just wanted to talk so i could protect my ears from bleeding

That sounds HORRIBLE. :eek: I'm sorry. :(

Gigapoodle
06-05-2010, 06:02 AM

I'm so sorry :noey:

My friends like The Beatles and The Killers and all, so car trips with them aren't bad at all....but I've never gotten any Muse love out there....but again, I'm sorry for your suffering :noey:

Melania13
06-05-2010, 06:04 AM
That sounds HORRIBLE. :eek: I'm sorry. :(

it was rough :(

haha then i thought i met a crazy Muser like myself:

Random girl in my ride to a party: "oh whos that guy on your screensaver? he's hot! (it was Matt :awesome:)
me: "yeah! i know his name is M-"
RG: "ew nevermind! he's too skinny, like a druggie!"
me::eek:
RG: who is he?
me: he's the lead singer of Muse!
RG: oh my god! i love Muse!
me: really?! (i was very excited!) me too! im obsessed!
RG: No i think im probably waaay more obsessed than you, i listen to them all the time
me: oh me too :happy: i was listening to origin of symmetry before you guys picked me up!
RG: :stunned:what?
me: their 2nd CD?
RG: :stunned:their second CD is Black Holes and Revelations....
me: No thats their fourth album! :rolleyes:
RG: *confused look* suuure it is

Melania13
06-05-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm so sorry :noey:

My friends like The Beatles and The Killers and all, so car trips with them aren't bad at all....but I've never gotten any Muse love out there....but again, I'm sorry for your suffering :noey:

haha i got my brothers to listen to Muse, though they act like they hate it cuz i love it so much :(

Tofu
06-05-2010, 06:10 AM
it was rough :(

haha then i thought i met a crazy Muser like myself:

Random girl in my ride to a party: "oh whos that guy on your screensaver? he's hot! (it was Matt :awesome:)
me: "yeah! i know his name is M-"
RG: "ew nevermind! he's too skinny, like a druggie!"
me::eek:
RG: who is he?
me: he's the lead singer of Muse!
RG: oh my god! i love Muse!
me: really?! (i was very excited!) me too! im obsessed!
RG: No i think im probably waaay more obsessed than you, i listen to them all the time
me: oh me too :happy: i was listening to origin of symmetry before you guys picked me up!
RG: :stunned:what?
me: their 2nd CD?
RG: :stunned:their second CD is Black Holes and Revelations....
me: No thats their fourth album! :rolleyes:
RG: *confused look* suuure it is

Ah, so close! :fear: but no cigar.
I actually know people that were fans since Showbiz. :D

Melania13
06-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Ah, so close! :fear: but no cigar.
I actually know people that were fans since Showbiz. :D

oh god thats longer than i've been a Muser (8 months :$) i've been a fan of Muse's music for years (the little i had heard on american radio) but i have never be a fan of a "band" before Muse... songs, yes. bands, not so much (you know what i mean?)

convo with my brother:

me: *jamming to Megalomania*
bro: what is this?
me: MUSE!!!
bro: sounds exactly like radiohead
me::fear:

too be fair, my brother only knows 1 RH song *ahem'creep'ahem* and only made this comment cuz i once told him that ppl compared RH to early Muse.....and he was trying to make me mad:LOL:

Tofu
06-05-2010, 06:31 AM
oh god thats longer than i've been a Muser (8 months :$) i've been a fan of Muse's music for years (the little i had heard on american radio) but i have never be a fan of a "band" before Muse... songs, yes. bands, not so much (you know what i mean?)

convo with my brother:

me: *jamming to Megalomania*
bro: what is this?
me: MUSE!!!
bro: sounds exactly like radiohead
me::fear:

too be fair, my brother only knows 1 RH song *ahem'creep'ahem* and only made this comment cuz i once told him that ppl compared RH to early Muse.....and he was trying to make me mad:LOL:

Yeah, I say I become obsessed around 2006-07, though I've liked Muse since 2003. I'm really lucky to know early Muse fans since I live in America and don't listen to the radio. Actually, in 2003 I exclusively listened to video game soundtracks, so discovering Muse was like a sign from God. :LOL:

I actually rarely come across non-Muser things that make me mad. Either said person hasn't heard of them at all or is almost as crazy as I am. :chuckle:

Melania13
06-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Yeah, I say I become obsessed around 2006-07, though I've liked Muse since 2003. I'm really lucky to know early Muse fans since I live in America and don't listen to the radio. Actually, in 2003 I exclusively listened to video game soundtracks, so discovering Muse was like a sign from God. :LOL:

I actually rarely come across non-Muser things that make me mad. Either said person hasn't heard of them at all or is almost as crazy as I am. :chuckle:

oh see i dont play video games :LOL: and i didnt listen to much music at all :$

and most of the negative Muse things i hear are from my siblings... actually i did find this one guy who liked Muse. Im 19 and this guy is like 28

uprising comes on cable radio
Me: "sweet! FINALLY a good song!"
guy: "what the? you like Muse?"
me: "yeah, freakin love them!'
guy: "whoa, i thought you were into Disney shit and stuff" (guy knows my friend very well:LOL:)
me: "nope i hate it!" *high five him for liking muse*
guy: "you're way cooler now" *winks at me*

haha same guy wants me to be with his little brother, so everytime i go to their house they have their Muse cd in :LOL: just for me!

Calliope.
06-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Me bragging to my cousin, apparently Muse crowds arent hard core enough..
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6138/musecrowdsarentmental.jpg

ulilku
06-05-2010, 11:54 AM

:eek: Dom's OLD???
But he has a faff bag full of moisturizers and hair products!! :LOL:

Screenaged
07-05-2010, 10:34 PM
This fail happened yesterday.

Me and Muser friend: *screaming Micro Cuts*

Non Muser friend: What's that?

Muser friend: Micro Cuts.

Non Muser Friend: Oh...is he emo?

Me: Um no?

Non Muser Friend: Oh, that would've been funny, cos his name's Michael Cuts, you know?

Me (to Muser friend): I'm posting this on the Non Musers who make us crazy thread on the Muse forum.

Non Muser Friend: The news forum?

:stunned::facepalm:

Calliope.
07-05-2010, 11:31 PM
This fail happened yesterday.

Me and Muser friend: *screaming Micro Cuts*

Non Muser friend: What's that?

Muser friend: Micro Cuts.

Non Muser Friend: Oh...is he emo?

Me: Um no?

Non Muser Friend: Oh, that would've been funny, cos his name's Michael Cuts, you know?

Me (to Muser friend): I'm posting this on the Non Musers who make us crazy thread on the Muse forum.

Non Muser Friend: The news forum?

:stunned::facepalm:

:LOL: Micheal Cuts. I'm always saying to my muser sister: I am posting this on the messageboard!

Yeah, I have no life...

kaitie<3
08-05-2010, 02:22 AM

Hehe. The Golden Rule in my car is.... If I'm driving (and more often than not, paying for gas) I choose the music! And I dun give a crap if you can't stand it :phu:

rainingradioheads
08-05-2010, 02:32 AM
My English teacher thought I liked Twilight because I liked Muse and they're the Twilight band.

I nearly started screaming in a library. :awesome:

Jungle Fish
08-05-2010, 02:55 AM
before the morning announcements they played SMBH..
I was talking about it with my friend and she was like "that's a twilight song right?"

I felt an urge to kill her.

slycer
08-05-2010, 03:11 AM
My wife and I are fairly recent Musers, and we live in a town where the local radio stations, with the one exception being a collee station, refuse to play them. They don't think they're "rock" enough. Anyway, back in March when we were getting ready to go to the Chicago show people kept asking, "WHO are you going to see?" They had absolutely no idea who Muse was. The only way any of them had a clue was when I had to bring up THAT scene in THAT movie. Then they mostly said, "Oh, I love that song! I thought it was just for the movie!"

There have been a number of unsolved murders in my town recently

naomithegreat
08-05-2010, 03:20 AM
i feel like every couple pages or so, we should vent about wankers who call them "THE Muse".

AHAHHRRRGHHH!

i almost clothes-lined this lady for calling them that. then i remembered she was my mom.