PDA

View Full Version : Wedding songs?

spaced
19-03-2010, 07:01 PM
So I'm getting married on May 1st (extremely soon) and my fiancé and I are both ridiculous Muse fanatics and we'd very much like to play a Muse song as a Wedding March alternative.

I'm running out of time to decide, so what suggestions do you have? If it were your wedding what would you play? Or if you have played a Muse song at your wedding, what was it?

Please share! :)

Susuan
19-03-2010, 07:12 PM
blackout, methinks :)

Tofu
19-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Knights of Cydonia intro. Hahaha. Come charging in to your marriage with gusto! I'd totally do it if I got married to a Muse fanatic.

I wouldn't go with a Muse love song. They all seem too bittersweet for me and I'd rather do something more feel good. (Not Feeling Good, though. I would play it at some point, but not to replace the Wedding March :LOL:)

Congrats on getting married, btw! :D :dance:

Chocolate E. Clare
19-03-2010, 07:15 PM
falling away with you
invincible
unintended
endlessly
i belong to you
all might be apropriate. theyre the only ones i can think of that are "love song-y" enough.

oh yeah, and congratulations! :happy: lol

ourtimeis_runningout
19-03-2010, 07:29 PM
invincible :)

spaced
19-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the input! I actually just listened to instrumental versions of Blackout and Falling Away With You, and those might be some serious possibilities.

I kind of wish my fiancé wasn't the only person I knew who could play their songs. Having someone play Falling Away With You on acoustic I think would be pretty cool.

As far as Knights goes, I think that would be an awesome way to end the ceremony! Very epic.

No one coming to my wedding will expect to have their minds blown, I'm sure.

EmilyB19
19-03-2010, 07:31 PM
falling away with you
invincible
unintended
endlessly
i belong to you

I agree. Also maybe blackout, starlight, invincible, TIRO, or even hysteria too. :)lol
Any of those would work.
Especially starlight

Congrats on getting married too!:D

MK Soultra
19-03-2010, 07:37 PM

:LOL::LOL: Sounds great! Congrats from me as well :) Sunburn and Muscle Museum Acoustic!!!! I don't know if it's possible to buy them anywhere....but you could play them over your notebook ;)

The Acoustic Versions on a myspace fan site:

http://www.myspace.com/museacoustic

notyounaanbread
19-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Oh that so cool! Congratulations!! :D all thoses ideas are great but you could also mabey use like... Bliss, but then it's hard to find the gap between cheesy and nice. But then again it's muse and you carnt go wrong with then.

Edit: oh oh oh Sunburn Acoustic, now that really great!

IngeVS
19-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Endlessly, I guess... if I ever get married

Actually, I always find more Muse songs to be the soundtrack of my potential divorce :erm:

AKillerMuse
19-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Endlessly, I guess... if I ever get married

Actually, I always find more Muse songs to be the soundtrack of my potential divorce :erm:

:LOL: :yesey:

OriginOfShowbiz
19-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Blackout! But the lyrics seem a bit sad to me. I've always thought that the instrummental for Blackout would be so beautiful at a wedding (I imagine walking in after the intro :p)
And also, I think Falling Away With You would be perfect

Congratulations :happy:

ShatteredTime
19-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I'd say "Falling Away with You"

(:

They
19-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm running out of time

Your subconsious has made its choice,

Tofu
19-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the input! I actually just listened to instrumental versions of Blackout and Falling Away With You, and those might be some serious possibilities.

I kind of wish my fiancé wasn't the only person I knew who could play their songs. Having someone play Falling Away With You on acoustic I think would be pretty cool.

As far as Knights goes, I think that would be an awesome way to end the ceremony! Very epic.

Ooh, Knights as a way of ending the ceremony! That's a fantastic idea, didn't think of that. And instrumental of Blackout sounds amazing, too. It always makes me cry just listening to it regularly, at a wedding no one will have dry eyes! :LOL:

wondervale
19-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Guiding Light

thecraftymuser
19-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Guiding Light

:stunned:

Mine and my OH's song is Unintended, but I love all the other suggestions so far - except maybe the one above :LOL:

And Congratulations!

wondervale
19-03-2010, 08:41 PM
:stunned:

Mine and my OH's song is Unintended, but I love all the other suggestions so far - except maybe the one above :LOL:

And Congratulations!

Sorry, I find the song to be very cheesy so that pretty much represents my idea of weddings :chuckle:

Father Muse
19-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I think Blackout would be an excellent wedding march :)

Lumiere
19-03-2010, 08:57 PM
OMG, I am having MUSE music play at my wedding too (the same month as yours to top it all)... Awesome...
We picked Undisclosed Desires for one of our dances... :)

Good luck to you!

spaced
19-03-2010, 09:27 PM
OMG, I am having MUSE music play at my wedding too (the same month as yours to top it all)... Awesome...
We picked Undisclosed Desires for one of our dances... :)

Good luck to you!

Oh yeah, as far as the reception goes, there are so many songs I'd like to play. It's really hard narrowing those down!

Are you playing any song in particular for the wedding march?

My original plan was to track them down when they were in Nashville and somehow convince them to play at my wedding. Somehow that didn't work out though....

seraphrevan
19-03-2010, 09:31 PM
The symphonic version of KoC. You can find it on MuseLive.

escapist
20-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Ooooh, you know what would be cool, they have that version of Blackout from the HAARP DVD that they roll with the credits, just the strings... It's sooooooo beautiful. I'll go see if I can find it.

Knights would be such and epic exit song. :LOL:

Here, I found it!! Sorry for the really bad quality. I'll keep an eye out for better ones. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDK-C5GNAz4

spaced
20-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Ooooh, you know what would be cool, they have that version of Blackout from the HAARP DVD that they roll with the credits, just the strings... It's sooooooo beautiful. I'll go see if I can find it.

Knights would be such and epic exit song. :LOL:

Here, I found it!! Sorry for the really bad quality. I'll keep an eye out for better ones. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDK-C5GNAz4

Wow, I really love that! That is so perfect.

If I find a better quality version that will be great. But if not, it may not matter too much. My wedding will be outdoors, by the ocean in fact. So there may be enough ambient noise to where no one takes notice of the quality. Maybe...

At least I have something. Thanks for the suggestion!

mattarena88
20-03-2010, 02:58 AM

A friend of mine got married last year and they played KoC as their intro song into the reception. It was awesome! He also did the David Brent dance at one point during the night :LOL:

As far as wedding songs go, I'd say Blackout. The lyrics are kinda downers for a wedding, but it's still a very beautiful song. Maybe Endlessly, it's a bit fast but still quite fitting. I've always thought Soldier's Poem sounded like a nice wedding song, but the lyrics are totally wrong.

You could always go with The Small Print or Dead Star though :chuckle:

escapist
20-03-2010, 04:03 AM
I mean, I LOOVE that version so much. It's so pretty. <3 I have the DVD and everything, but I have no idea how to get something off of it? I'm going to attempt it now. :LOL: I'll keep on looking, though. :)

Triple C
20-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Unintended. Well, at least that's my plan, to use as my "first dance" song. I'm using Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb for the "dad dance" part, since my dad and I used to listen to that song all the time when he drove me back and forth to college. I actually don't have anything that even remotely resembles a boyfriend right now, and I'm not even sure I ever want to get married. I'm not the kind of girl who sits around dreaming of my wedding dress. I don't want a big wedding, don't really care about the flowers, the cake, the bridesmaids dresses and whatnot. But I remember sitting at my cousin's wedding a year ago and thinking how much I'd like to find someone worth dancing with to Unintended. I think it would just kind of fit the way things have gone for me. That song has always made me feel hopeful.
As far as the actual ceremony, Blackout would be lovely, I agree. I'd like Exogenesis III, too ... it has a kind of nice "starting over" feel to it (especially if you and your spouse are planning on honeymooning on another planet ... ;) ). I'd love Sing For Absolution (regular or acoustic version). You could go lively with Stockholm Syndrome ... you know, get that crowd moving. You could also just go instrumental with something like Nishe or Bedroom Acoustics, although neither is very long

How about Execution Commentary? ;):eek:

escapist
20-03-2010, 04:58 AM
Not considering getting married any time soon, but the Blackout strings will definitely be on my procession list. :LOL:

I've always wanted to just slow dance with someone to Blackout in its entirety. It's always been in my top 10 Muse songs. :yesey:

Calliope.
20-03-2010, 06:56 AM
The Vitamin String Quartet do a tribute to Muse. You can buy it off iTunes, some very good instrumentals like Muscle Museum, TiRO, Map of your head, Bliss, Sing for absoultion. Its definately worth listening to!

BelsieChaird
20-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Congrats!!
I was just engaged in Feburary as well and have been thinking about this same question! Most of their "love" songs have ahint of sadness/frustrations/turning point to them...but Falling Away With You, Unintended, Invincible, and Guiding Light are on this list for me yet....though Blackout is a great choice, too..

The decisions us Brides-To-Be must face! Sheesh.

Congrats, again! It sounds like it's going to be a great time.

Animus
20-03-2010, 07:23 AM
blackout, methinks :)

acually blackout is a good one... may i know the theme colors and the style of dress youre wearing, maybe i can think of another one...:erm:

Googoogee1
20-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Aww congrats! :) omg just totally have a entirely muse themed wedding lmao! that would be awesome! When exchanging vows have like 3 towers floating up while playing exo-genesis for the priest (middle) you (left/right) and your husband (left/right) ;)

Animus
20-03-2010, 07:36 AM
what about exogenesis... III that is... the lyrics... lets start over again... you can play that after the ceremony when both of you are walking down the aisle ...

Mark Renton
20-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Weddings should come with warnings all over them, despite all the stories of marriage and how bad it is, people still get married.

OpenMinded
20-03-2010, 08:17 AM
blackout instrumental :)

eyduh
20-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Every time I listen to Please Please Please Let me Get What I want I always think of a wedding.But I think Blackout would be awesome.

InvincibleBliss
20-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Congrats! This is so cute Muse songs at a wedding ^_^ I definitely agree with Blackout, Falling Away with You, and Invincible :)

MuseRLegend
20-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I am so doing this at my wedding... I don't care if my husband can't stand muse.
Congratulations, by the way!

I think Unintended, Sing for Absolution acoustic or Blackout instrumental would be beautiful.
And get loads of Muse stuff at the afterparty too :D

Lumiere
20-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah, as far as the reception goes, there are so many songs I'd like to play. It's really hard narrowing those down!

Are you playing any song in particular for the wedding march?

My original plan was to track them down when they were in Nashville and somehow convince them to play at my wedding. Somehow that didn't work out though....

For the march, I decided to take Mike Oldfield's Summit Days.
I wanted a MUSE song, but I don't have the CD with the musical songs and I wouldn't wanna "not" support MUSE at my wedding :P

coco1015w
20-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Congrats! This is so cute Muse songs at a wedding ^_^ I definitely agree with Blackout, Falling Away with You, and Invincible :)

Agreed :).
Congrats ^___^.
Blackout / Falling Away With You suits the speed more (me thinkss)

Maritje
20-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I would go for Blackout :)
Congratulations btw!

fijunia
21-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah, "Knights of cyndonia" would be great! "Noone's gonna take me alive!" :lol:

"Blackout" befits perfectly. :yesey:

Ella
21-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Congrats! :dance:

I know its not most people's favorite, but what about Invincible? I think it fits and has a nice little marching beat.

spaced
21-03-2010, 04:33 AM
It definitely seems like almost everyone agrees on Blackout. I had my fiancé listen to the instrumental version from HAARP today, and he loved it. I think we're going to go with that.

I'm still not sure about the exit song, probably KoC.

There will definitely be a playlist for the reception with everything though. I'm not sure how much dancing will be going on, but I'm thinking Invincible would be a good one for us. I really love Falling Away With You, but I think it's more about a break up - not really the mood I'm going for.

Ahh, too many wonderful songs. Thanks for the help guys! You're the best. :D

escapist
21-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Yay!! :D

spaced
21-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Aww congrats! :) omg just totally have a entirely muse themed wedding lmao! that would be awesome! When exchanging vows have like 3 towers floating up while playing exo-genesis for the priest (middle) you (left/right) and your husband (left/right) ;)

Hahaha, this is a great idea! :LOL:

coco1015w
21-03-2010, 07:26 AM
It definitely seems like almost everyone agrees on Blackout. I had my fiancé listen to the instrumental version from HAARP today, and he loved it. I think we're going to go with that.

I'm still not sure about the exit song, probably KoC.

There will definitely be a playlist for the reception with everything though. I'm not sure how much dancing will be going on, but I'm thinking Invincible would be a good one for us. I really love Falling Away With You, but I think it's more about a break up - not really the mood I'm going for.

Ahh, too many wonderful songs. Thanks for the help guys! You're the best. :D

Actually I am thinking of Guiding Light as the exit song ...

Allergic
24-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Actually, we're going to be walking out to the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme. HOW EPIC IS THAT?! :D

P.S. This is the groom.

escapist
24-03-2010, 09:07 PM
*waves to groom*

Congrats to you too!!
(That is pretty epic. :yesey: )

i love unintended
27-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

i like unintended
starlight
endlessly
bliss

KrisC91
16-04-2010, 01:15 AM
"can't take my eyes off you" would be sweet but edgy:D

Glorious Resistance
16-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Unintended? I always pictured that song being played at a wedding... Especially if one of you could play it on guitar and sang. That'd be really sweet.

fadeddusk
16-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Conscience! Lol jk. That's a bit sad for a wedding. But the instrumental to it would be great!!!

neonell
16-04-2010, 05:39 AM
I got married last August and our first dance as a married couple was Unintended <3

jayna1973
18-04-2010, 03:39 AM
Congrats! I thought about using "Blackout" myself. I got married last July (07/08/09) and while I had always dreamed of walking down the aisle to the largo from Vivaldi's "Winter," I wanted to incorporate Muse as well. I used "Unintended," then the "Interlude" from Absolution and the largo and it worked out well. And I thought it was fun to see Muse listed as music in my newspaper wedding announcement :) I'm planning a vow renewal at Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, Ore., and, I may use "In Your World" for the procession (I know, not very wedding-like lyrics, but this is just for fun) and the Doctor Who theme for a recession. Good luck with your wedding!

Math you
18-04-2010, 05:54 AM
My first dance is totally going to be Map of your Head.. not really romantic lyrics but holy shit the song is cute.

Being a dude that's the only thing I'm going to care about though

xbroken_ideals
18-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Even though I'm not that into Blackout, it seems the most appropriate for a Wedding. A lot of people said FAWY, but that sound is kind of depressing even though it's a love song, so if I were you, I'd give it a miss :p
Try Bliss! I'm surprised not many people have said it yet :D

InvincibleBliss
18-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Here are all the Muse songs mentioned in this thread. Yah I know I have no life :LOL:. Your welcome :D

Bedroom Acoustics
Blackout
Blackout (from HAARP DVD)
Blackout (instrumental)
Bliss
Bliss (by Vitamin String Quartet)
Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Dead Star
Endlessly
Execution Commentary
Exogenesis Part III
Falling Away With You
Guiding Light
Hysteria
I Belong To You
Interlude
Invincible
In Your World
Knights of Cydonia
Knights of Cydonia (into)
Knights of Cydonia (symphonic version)
Map of Your Head
Map of Your Head (by Vitamin String Quartet)
Muscle Museum (acoustic)
Muscle Museum (by Vitamin String Quartet)
Nishe
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
Sing For Absolution
Sing For Absolution (acoustic)
Sing for Absoultion (by Vitamin String Quartet)
Small Print
Soldier's Poem
Starlight
Stockholm Syndrome
Sunburn
Sunburn (acoustic)
Time is Running Out
Time is Running Out (by Vitamin String Quartet)
Undisclosed Desires
Unintended

escapist
19-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Congrats! I thought about using "Blackout" myself. I got married last July (07/08/09) and while I had always dreamed of walking down the aisle to the largo from Vivaldi's "Winter," I wanted to incorporate Muse as well. I used "Unintended," then the "Interlude" from Absolution and the largo and it worked out well. And I thought it was fun to see Muse listed as music in my newspaper wedding announcement :) I'm planning a vow renewal at Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, Ore., and, I may use "In Your World" for the procession (I know, not very wedding-like lyrics, but this is just for fun) and the Doctor Who theme for a recession. Good luck with your wedding!

You're my fucking hero. :eek:

jayna1973
19-04-2010, 05:19 AM
You're my fucking hero. :eek:

Thank you :) It was fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat

federa
24-04-2010, 04:16 AM
"can't take my eyes off you" would be sweet but edgy:D

You're stealing my life!
You want my wedding song, my first born son's name, and my soulmate! :phu:

KrisC91
25-04-2010, 08:20 PM
:DYou're stealing my life!
You want my wedding song, my first born son's name, and my soulmate! :phu:

PlugInFuckingBaby
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
I know this thread is only 5 pages, and normally I would have read it all...but i'm kind of in a rush.
I'm curious as to how I coul get Muse to play at my party or wedding?
Is there a place i contact?
i've been wondering for a really long time.

MuseNorway95
01-02-2011, 07:30 PM
You Fucking Motherfucker:yesey:

LyraSilvertongue
01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I know this thread is only 5 pages, and normally I would have read it all...but i'm kind of in a rush.
I'm curious as to how I coul get Muse to play at my party or wedding?
Is there a place i contact?
i've been wondering for a really long time.

Do you have several million dollars spare?
Even then, I don't know if they'd do it. I've never heard of them playing at weddings and private parties.

PlugInFuckingBaby
01-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Do you have several million dollars spare?
Even then, I don't know if they'd do it. I've never heard of them playing at weddings and private parties.

no, i really don't. I was watching My Super Sweet 16 and the idea came up...and I was just curious. after searching I found that the Jonas Brothers cost $35,000 for one night. I can only imagine how much Muse would cost. But it's still nice to know.
I realize how stupid that sounds, :p

well anyways congrats on getting married..

EliteAssassin
02-02-2011, 12:11 AM
You Fucking Motherfucker:yesey:

Yes. And then Execution Commentary.

PlugInFuckingBaby
02-02-2011, 03:40 AM
Actually, we're going to be walking out to the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme. HOW EPIC IS THAT?! :D

P.S. This is the groom.

hi groom! :D

PlugInFuckingBaby
04-02-2011, 02:30 AM
You may have everything all planned, and your wedding might be in a month or something, I don't really know... :D
but anyways congrats on marriage and, even if you aren't going to use it on your wedding, this version of starlight is just breathtaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJSZtVkmfMQ

I kinda teared up when I first heard it. I know that's ridiculous but I think it's beautiful :p

Lumiere
06-02-2011, 04:32 PM
We played Neutron Star Collision as a march out, it really works well and puts a lot of energy into the wedding.
The piano really adds drama to the march and really sticks out. I suggest it.
Our wedding march in was something from Mike Oldfield, it really brought tears on everyone's eyes...

I'm sure that whatever you pick should work.
Undisclosed Desires is one of our favorites too :)

spaced
18-03-2011, 02:22 AM
I haven't checked back to this thread in a while, and I thought I would give an update. The wedding was last May actually, and the processional was to Blackout (Instrumental). We were married on by the beach at sunset and it was absolutely beautiful.

Here's a photo. Thanks for all of the help in choosing guys!

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z340/jehrice/35721_10150201995640232_806570231_13540948_1253454 _n-1-1.jpg

Lusesita7
20-03-2011, 03:49 PM
I haven't checked back to this thread in a while, and I thought I would give an update. The wedding was last May actually, and the processional was to Blackout (Instrumental). We were married on by the beach at sunset and it was absolutely beautiful.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z340/jehrice/35721_10150201995640232_806570231_13540948_1253454 _n-1-1.jpg

Congratulation. I fell in love with idea having Blackout from HAARP credits as weding song:happy:

Tofu
20-03-2011, 07:09 PM

That's wonderful. :happy: Congratulations!

jackparker
20-03-2011, 07:13 PM
no, i really don't. I was watching My Super Sweet 16 and the idea came up...and I was just curious. after searching I found that the Jonas Brothers cost $35,000 for one night. I can only imagine how much Muse would cost. But it's still nice to know.
I realize how stupid that sounds, :p

well anyways congrats on getting married..

Muse cost £1million for one night

pitterwilliams
24-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I love to listen Weeding song with dance I feel cheerfulness.

Rudderless Hippy
24-03-2011, 11:58 AM
OMG I love sports games

PlugInFuckingBaby
27-03-2011, 09:49 PM

Awwwww, Muser love!! Congrats on your marriage :D

RayFan9876
27-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Aw, beautiful picture. :D Makes me grin so much.