PDA

View Full Version : Are your family appreciative of Muse?

ProblematiqueHurricane
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Do your family like the band? Hate them? Have they learnt to tolerate them? (:LOL:)

My dad says he "likes" them, but couldn't listen to them for a long time because they start to sound too similar.

My mum likes them, and she sat through HAARP and was enjoying it. :chuckle: So proud

My sister though, despises them. She came home the other day to me playing the HAARP DVD, and proceeded to sit as far away from the TV as possible, with ears blocked, complaining about how they were so 'emo' and that it was giving her a headache. She doesn't know real music though. :)

My other sister likes some of their songs. The mainstream songs :/. She loves Uprising and SMBH.

How about you? Couldn't find another thread on this, but delete if there is one.

lapastasciutta
05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
My sister loves them too..she was with me when I saw them live for the first time in 2006..and we'll be together in Milan this summer!!! :dance:
My mother likes just few songs...the calm and relaxed ones :D

OriginOfStarlight
05-03-2010, 02:46 PM
My mum loves them as well, she's crazy about SMBH and KOC. :D However, she doesn't like them as much as I do which I don't really mind, to be honest. It would be so awkward being at a concert with her singing and jumping along to the music. :stunned:
My brother once asked when UD was on the radio if the singer's sick or something. I just went :facepalm::noey: and didn't pay much attention to him. I'm still trying to convert him into a Muser though.

mafalda01
05-03-2010, 03:05 PM
my family likes then... i started to hear Muse because of my brother, i remeber beeing much younger and he was listning to Oos, so it's cool he goes to concerts with me :D
my parents like them too, but not as much as we do, but when i bought my ticket to wembley and told them, next day my dad comes to me and says, we are going to... i was like :stunned:
so yeh.. all family going to wembley this year :LOL:

LadyMorphine
05-03-2010, 03:30 PM
My mom made me love Muse, she's the one that made me listen to the whole album and start loving them. She dances whenever I play Supermassive Black Hole and she bobs her head whenever I play feeling good, hysteria and stockholm sydrome :LOL: She forced me to stop listening to Greenday and listen to more Muse.

After that I went crazy about Muse and got obsessed to Matt. My sis saw me looking around PMT once and asked me for who he is and I told her that he's the lead singer of the band Muse without telling his name though and that I find him hot. She gave me a :wtf: look as if she's asking herself for what is so hot about him. She doesn't kinda like Muse, I don't know, I haven't asked her opinions about them because she's mostly into classical music but she plays along with me some time :D She even asked me the link to takeabow19's youtube profile so she could watch the funny videos :)

Whenever she caught me looking around PMT again she kept on saying "Obsessed! OBSESSED! :LOL: ". Haha, I really love my mom, she's making me love godly bands like Muse :LOL:

Guidinglight
05-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Mum thinks they're too much noise, she did love blackout though :D

I've finally got dad liking, actually kinda loving muse. He's listened to the cd I made for him quite many times now when I get home from school. Not so long ago he noticed "I wan't the twuuuuth" in unnatural selection, he thought it was quite funny :P Also he admitted being quite fascinated by Matt, I'm so proud :rolleyes:

notyounaanbread
05-03-2010, 04:37 PM
No, my Mum really dosen't like them she says there all too deppresing, and she the one who like snowpatrol, alot of theres are sad.

Natural_Disaster
05-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Dad really likes them (got me into them actually) and went with me to Teignmouth, and my Mum likes a lot of their stuff (hates 'noisier' ones like Dead Star though and can't stand Guiding Light :chuckle:). They're both coming with me to Wembley :D

Furygirl
05-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Basically, no. My husband doesn't really care for them. My 6 year old used to love them, but she's moved on. The dog seems ambivalent. Headphones are my friend. :)

Tofu
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
My dad's liked the few songs he has heard. My mom thinks my obsession is cute but it's not really her thing. My sister and brother-in-law love them a lot, though. :)

Elight
05-03-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm slowly converting my sister. After the Fairfax show on Monday she joined the board :chuckle::happy: Her favorite song is SMBH though, so she needs a bit more work. :LOL:
My mom likes them and I've caught her singing along with alot of the songs on The Resistance and BHaR.
My kids think I'm insane and they take every opportunity to roll thier eyes and say 'Muse again?' when I put in a Muse cd. But you know I catch both of them singing Muse songs to themselves all of the time and my oldest has SMBH as her ring tone :chuckle:

So, yeah, I think my family likes them! :D

CydonianKnights
05-03-2010, 07:13 PM
My Dad loves them :) but my Mum doesn't really like them she says their music is too depressing :unsure: although she likes some of their songs.

mirtaisokay
05-03-2010, 07:14 PM
my mom, my dad and my brother listen to completely different music.
my parents only know Muse as a band their weird daughter is obsessed with. :erm:

IngeVS
05-03-2010, 07:20 PM
My parents still look weird because of the fact that I'll drive to Nijmegen to see them, while I see them 12 days after that at Rock Werchter festival. They don't see the point of driving to Nijmegen. I tried to explain, but what do you do...

My father loves the Exogenesis symphony though. He asked me all sorts of questions about who wrote the music. And after him checking the album and read if it was really all written by Matt, he called him an amazing componist and probably one of the most talented musicians of these times. if someone who grew up with the beatles and rolling stones and... sais so, it should be a fact

flexgap
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
first my mother didn't know about their esistence, after I lent her HAARP and now she loves 'em (she wants to go to the concerto of milan XD), my brother likes 'em, and my father is too stupid to try to listen a song

Sophism
05-03-2010, 08:16 PM
My mom definitely isn't; I doubt she's ever heard of them, and she certainly doesn't know I like them. :p

My brother tolerates them. He doesn't really mind me blasting their music or making a comment about them.
I've tried to get him to listen to Muse, but he just doesn't seem to like music in general. (Don't ask me how that's even possible :LOL:)

MuseRLegend
05-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I discovered Absolution first, so quite a lot of the music was rocky and minor. My Dad thought it was a bit similar, but then when he heard Knights of Cydonia, he said 'jees, thats one hell of a rock band'.
The song indicated that Muse was something revolutioinary in my life was Butterflies and Hurricanes, which Dad thinks is over-pretentious and ridiculous.
He now likes Muse a lot (more than he chooses to admit) but he is not obsessive. He went to see them with me at the NIA, and said it was the best concert he'd been too (although he worries about my mental health and obsessiveness.
My mum isnt really into rock music, but she hums along in the car, and says 'I like a lot of it, just not the moaning ones'. Shes coming to Wembly with us because she wanted to see what its all about (more like she wants top see me break loose and look like a crazy twat)

AguanteRiver
05-03-2010, 09:50 PM
My dad tends to listen to stuff written before 1975, but he likes "Life in Technicolor" by Coldplay, so I think there's hope for him. He likes dramatic stuff and symphonic rock, so I'll work on him. :LOL:

Mom...idk. Each Muse song she hears she goes, "ewww, that synth is so 80's". She's more of an Elton John, Beatles, Oasis freak.

My sister likes Rihanna and Britney Spears. :facepalm:

Kirby
05-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't think so. My parents always make fun of Matt, they say he moans/wails too much :facepalm:

Justine
05-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Ahaha my whole family LOVES Muse :LOL: Mom, Dad, and my 20 year old sister is almost as obsessed as I am (its nice to have an obsessive buddy). We decorated the christmas tree to 'The Resistance' and my entire family plus 4 of my friends went to the concert this week. I actually got to go to both the VA and Bmore concert this week so my dad was running around the next morning singing UD and saying, "I'm soo jealous!". And my mum thinks matt is cute, it's like a dream muse family! I'm lucky tho, It'd be awful to have to live with people who can't appreciate muse :$

Jemma
05-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Nah. My mum doesn't really care for anything that isn't Lady Gaga, and my stepdad thinks they are too "teeny rock" :indiff:. ..and he does things like turning the radio down when they are on it; not cuz he hates them but cuz he knows it will annoy the fuck out of me.

My brother likes them though.. :erm:

oh, and my cousin :happy: he is full of muse awesomeness.

Liron
06-03-2010, 12:34 AM
I got my brother into Muse very quickly after I became a fan. And then my sister.
They both even flew out to Hungary with around 50 other Israeli Musers and met me and my friends there (we did a tour around Europe before) for a Muse gig back in 07! Heck, they even met Muse with me there lol

My mum used to claim Muse remind her of an 'enchanted forest' (:wtf:) which she didn't like but there are a few songs she's crazy about and she seems to be rather cool with the new album cos it gets loads of airplay on her favorite radio station.

My dad literally just started getting into them the other day after he watched my brother and I in the incredibly awesome Israeli Uprising video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRriNuuFO9Y). He asked me to give him the new album after that and even mentioned he'd go see them here if they ever come (and my dad isn't the kind of person who actually goes to gigs!!). I could even say his ringtone is Muse but that's lying.. close enough though, Chopin - Nocturne. I got pretty damn excited when I first heard he had that a couple of months ago :LOL: sad.

CydonianCrystal
06-03-2010, 01:16 AM
I think so. I kind of forced Muse upon my parents after my brother got me into Muse before he moved out. My Dad really likes them now - he put all the albums in the car to drive me back to uni with, I come home 6 weeks later and they're still in the car :happy: My mum, after hearing them also thought they "were lovely" - and she meant it. Yet she's a fan of Rhydian and Susan Boyle, so I'm not really sure how to take that :erm:

Laureno
06-03-2010, 01:20 AM
My parents listen to old stuff and christian music, that's it. Nuff said.
They don't like any of my music.

Except for my little cousins, they used to listen to Hannah Montana but I got them to stop that. :yesey: They like some of the stuff I listen to, but not Muse. :noey: Now onto getting rid of the Jonas Brothers and Justine Bieber. ;)

JessicaSarahS
06-03-2010, 01:24 AM
My brother and sister love Muse! It's funny because they don't care for any other music I enjoy except Muse. My brother is going with me to the Oakland show. My sis wanted to go too, but it's a school night and my parents wouldn't let her. :( As for my parents, my dad hasn't heard much of them and whenever my mom is in my car and I'm playing a Muse CD, she says "what is this noise?!" :LOL:

About 27 Shockwaves
06-03-2010, 02:36 AM
My mom is gonna be in the GA Floor with me for the gig tomorrow. She's a big fan ;)

My sister is less enthusiastic about them, but really likes Undisclosed Desires, Plug in Baby, and Mk Ultra (It's just not "hardcore" enough I guess :phu:). My dad really likes them, ever since he heard Uprising, and saw me play the slap bass in UD. Oh and my Grandma likes them a lot too :awesome:

fadeddusk
06-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Kind of. My brother can't stand them, my Mom thinks Matt is sexy, and my dad likes the stuff on the resistance

Kirby
06-03-2010, 05:30 AM
My mom is gonna be in the GA Floor with me for the gig tomorrow. She's a big fan ;)

My mom's not a fan but since I can't get to Detroit alone, she's being forced to be in GA with me :LOL:

And we WILL get barrier! :fear:

MisfitSpazz01
06-03-2010, 06:01 AM
My daughter likes them. She says she likes all the songs best, but upon further pressing, she prefers Uprising most. :)

I wouldn't even play Muse for my parents. My mom only likes the Mormon Tabernacle Choir ( :vomit: ) and my dad only likes the Beach Boys. :)

Tasha_
06-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Well, I turned my sister into a fan and she likes them alot, but not to the same level as me :awesome:
My dad doesn't really like them, because he doesn't listen to that kind of music, though he likes Muscle Museum a bit, because I told him that Matt wrote that in Greece :D
My mum makes fun of me for liking them so much, but I think she secretly likes them, because she sings along to some of the songs and when I didn't know what to listen to the other day and asked her what would she like to hear she said: 'Why don't you listen to Muse? We both like them.' :happy:
She does make fun of Matt's inhaling during singing, though :indiff:

supermassivemuselover
06-03-2010, 09:25 AM
alas no.. well my mother likes BH&R which is something but alas my father says it starts to cause physical pain about 3 songs in... :facepalm:

cherry lips
06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
my mum likes them.....dom the most :facepalm::facepalm:
my dad thinks they're cool,but neither of them actually listens to them....

HappyDancer
06-03-2010, 08:55 PM
My brother knew about Muse before me but I didn't know that until I started liking Muse. He doesn't like them as much now but says its better than most of the stuff that I listen to.
My mom hasn't liked them since she heard USoE and says they sound too much like Queen :erm:
My dad doesn't like them either and calls their music "angry" but he said that Exogenisis sounds pretty so its not so bad.

Mariaq27
06-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Well my sister knew about Muse before me, but I'm more obsessive. She likes them, but not as much :LOL:. My brother is alright with them. He knows I love them, so he respects my love for Muse. My mom only likes Uprising..and my dad does a really bad imitation of Matt...:facepalm: Other than that, I guess its alright xD

Bliss :)
06-03-2010, 09:33 PM
My brother has awesome music taste and likes them. But I only discovered this after he moved to the other end of the country

The rest of my family dont really have music taste

Jungle Fish
06-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Dad doesn't really care, but he doesn't hate them. He likes some of their songs: Uprising, Knights of Cydonia, etc...

Mom's okay with them, she likes some of the songs like my dad. Blackout, Endlessly, City of Delusion, etc etc.

My 9-year-old sister loves Muse :happy: She likes basically any Muse song I play. Her favorite is Bliss. She liked Miley Cyrus before (:vomit:) so yes, I'm doing a pretty good job of converting her music taste. :D

Ella
06-03-2010, 10:19 PM
My mom was right on the barrier beside me one week ago!!! :dance: We tend to like different songs though, she likes all the slow songs and I like the harder ones.

My grandma loves them too. They both have crushes on Chris. In fact, my mom said she did nothing but stare at Chris's crotch at the gig, then I had to listen to her go on about it afterwards. :facepalm:

Mizutsu
06-03-2010, 10:21 PM
My whole family likes them, except my 8 year old brother. My mom loves them though, and said MSG was the best concert she ever saw.

Trefline
06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
My mum can't listen to anything I listen to. My dad likes some of their songs, but in general he doesn't like them. My brother likes stuffs like Feeling Good and MOTP. My 8 year old sister absolutely loves them.:LOL:

AguanteRiver
10-03-2010, 05:20 AM
My dad tends to listen to stuff written before 1975, but he likes "Life in Technicolor" by Coldplay, so I think there's hope for him. He likes dramatic stuff and symphonic rock, so I'll work on him. :LOL:

Since writing the above, I sat down to watch A Seaside Rendezvous on Palladia, and my father happened to sit next to me. He was impressed with Uprising, and he really liked Hysteria, Supermassive Black Hole, and New Born. I might make a Muser of him yet. :yesey:

Kashelle357
10-03-2010, 05:44 AM
My mom only likes Undisclosed Desires. Everything else she can't stand. :stunned:

OriginOfShowbiz
10-03-2010, 05:06 PM
My auntie loves them :happy: Muse are one of her favourite bands, she's the one who introduced them to me :D
My mum had never heard of them before I started to listen to them non stop and now she loves them too! She even wants to see them live :D

eyduh
10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Well,my mum and dad say that they make a lot of noise for three people.In general,they are supportive.They said if Muse ever come to Bosnia that they will pay for the tickets :happy:(for both me and my sister).My dad is an old rocker,he listens to 70s rock and stuff,he went to a Queen concert when he was studying in Zagreb.

Sarah-x
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
quote my dad "im actually starting to like them" this is a massive compliment from him trust me :D
my mum really likes them, appart from the bsides or earlier stuff "oh no cant do with that screachin, why cant he sing lovely all the time"
sis really likes them too, she liked them before me, but unlike me didnt get obssesed :p

Drexler05
10-03-2010, 08:58 PM
I think my father is pretty apathetic towards them, but my mother likes some of their songs, but sadly I owe that to Adam Lambert. She Is a big American Idol fan and one day she called me down so I could see this "great original version" of Feeling Good that Lambert did one week on there. I hear the first 30 seconds, start laughing, and proceed to bring her upstairs to my computer and play the Muse version.

She was like :eek: and then :happy:

escapist
11-03-2010, 02:14 AM
The first song my dad actually fully heard was Eurasia, and he said it was "Quite dark, and abrasive to the ears." :LOL: He doesn't even know. Just... yeah.

My mum knows Starlight and Uprising, but she came with me to the Boston show last weekend and had an awesome time. I caught her singing along to Plug in Baby the other night, so... :awesome: she's on her way.

My sister hates them and my brother is moderately into them. If I have them on he'll stay in the room.

Avey Tare
11-03-2010, 04:17 AM
My mom claims to like them but the only song she knows is SMBH :rolleyes:. Her and my sister are Twilight fans so yeah :facepalm:. My little brother likes them, I always catch him watching videos of Matt on youtube.

Justine
11-03-2010, 04:24 AM
Kind of. My brother can't stand them, my Mom thinks Matt is sexy, and my dad likes the stuff on the resistance

:LOL: :yesey:
my mom always comes up to my computer and compliments matt's bone structure and eyes when my desktop of muse is visible.

starlight_lucy
11-03-2010, 08:08 AM
My mum doesnt like them my dad heard uprising and he said he liked it and i asked him a week later if he wanted some muse songs and he was like eww no thanks i hate them :facepalm: i was like dad you said you liked uprising he was like yeah so what :eek:

My brother on the other hand loves them :D he goes to every muse concert with me he took me to see them for the first time in 2006 :D
My nephew likes them he went with us to his first muse concert last year :D the rest of my family bar one of my cousins (who was pissed off at missing out on seeing them) i dont think has ever listen to them :stunned:

watsername182
11-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Well I took my sister to Big Day Out this year and in the car ride home she was like "That was the second best band I have ever seen live!'
At first she only really knew Supermassive Black Hole because she's a Twilight fan (which I find really sad because she's 26 and you'd think that I'm meant to be the teenie one :facepalm:)

My mum likes Exogenesis and United States Of Eurasia but she's not too fond of any other Muse song and my brother can't stand Muse at all. I was watching HAARP and he started mocking Matt's singing. :LOL:

cherry lips
11-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Well I took my sister to Big Day Out this year and in the car ride home she was like "That was the second best band I have ever seen live!'
At first she only really knew Supermassive Black Hole because she's a Twilight fan (which I find really sad because she's 26 and you'd think that I'm meant to be the teenie one :facepalm:)

My mum likes Exogenesis and United States Of Eurasia but she's not too fond of any other Muse song and my brother can't stand Muse at all. I was watching HAARP and he started mocking Matt's singing. :LOL:

my brother can't stand Matt's singing much either,he says the instrumental is good but the singing....my brother is more of a disturbed-metallica guy...

i don't even have to mention that my sister is a fan....she is as big fan as i am :)

Madam Harkonnen
18-01-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm doing an eight-month bump here to announce that I have introduced my new child to Muse and that she approves :happy:

She gets to stay :D

Aduuu-
18-01-2011, 04:09 PM
My mom kinda likes them :awesome:

Whatsername
18-01-2011, 04:15 PM
After my mom decided last minute to buy a ticket and go to a Muse concert with me, she's started to like them a bit. Granted the songs are only from The Resistance, but I'm slowly trying to get her to listen to more of their songs, starting with BHAR. Not sure how she'll react to OOS but I'll cross that bridge when I get there!

Besides that, the rest of my family is ok with them. My siblings only like Plug in Baby and Uprising (b/c of Guitar Hero) but it's a start!

Jetro
18-01-2011, 05:24 PM
This thread makes me happy :)

Conversation between me and my brother:

What song is that? It sounds like Garbage*.
It's <song title>**, Muse.
That's funny, because "garbage" is what Muse should be called.
:eek::eek::mad:

Which is kind of funny, since this brother is whom introduced me to Muse by playing Unintended.

* The band.
** I don't remember which song it was.

My dad sort of liked Starlight, and was impressed by the lyrics in Supermassive Black Hole, although he thought it was "Superness". Otherwise he don't like them, but then again he doesn't listen to anything except The Beatles and Elton John.

Overall... I am the only one in my family who likes loves them. Heh. :)

Edit: I want to play the piano parts to my grandmothers because they like that kind of thing... ;D

Oh, and yeah, when I went to a concert my mum said that she had "checked out Muse" so she could hear what the music was like. I asked her what she listened to, and she didn't know. :rolleyes:

Ardalote
18-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Well, nobody in my family likes them as much as I do :rolleyes: (sorry, I meant loves them ;) ). I even bought nice set of headphones to have better sound quality :D whenever I watch HAARP dvd - wow, they're simply G8 :LOL:
The only person who likes Muse songs in my house is my mum, esp. the Unintended song, SMBH, TRO, SFA and Starlight.

Still, I'm the only person in my household, who can stand MUSE 24/7 12 months/ year :happy: :musesign:

JoshyBarth
18-01-2011, 05:36 PM
my young, 6 year old sisters and 10 year old brother loves em :LOL:

Mum liked them live

Dad hates them... a lot!

loyaltomuse
18-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I think my siblings sort of like MUSE. My parents have never heard of them. Not sure what song to use to introduce them to MUSE...

Ryoma-kun
18-01-2011, 06:08 PM
My mum once said; "Muse? Once you've heard Starlight, you've practically heard all their songs" :facepalm: I didn't know if I should laugh or cry but I asked her which other songs she's heard and she went totally quiet. Turns out Starlight is the only song she knows :noey:

Well atleast my brother loves Muse and my sister likes the most popular songs like: SMBH, TIRO, Uprising, UD and some others aswell like B&H and Unintended.

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 06:27 PM
My sister think I'm a nutter. She likes Muse too but nowhere near as much as me and she thinks I'm obsessed :D
My brother came with me to Wembley 2 and he likes their music but I wouldn't call him a fan. He said the show was amazing though.
My two little boys, aged 6 and 8, love Muse too and can't wait to be old enough to go to a gig.

Whispering Shadows
18-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Not really. :(

My dad likes some of their songs (Resistance and Hysteria), but he makes fun of them a lot. :stunned:

My mom saw them live with me, and she only liked Dom and his drumming skills (:awesome:) but she doesn't like the studio version of their music.

My brother just despises them. :facepalm:

BlackPaintedNail
18-01-2011, 06:35 PM
My family doesnt even like their music. Its horrible, whenever Im staying there for some reason, Ill have to listen to Muse on my I-Pod, because my Mom thinks its horrible music:mad:

jackparker
18-01-2011, 06:37 PM
My mum came with me to Goffertpark. She likes them a lot. She keeps a copy of BHaR in her car (the original is mine!) and apart from BHaR she likes most on Origin and The Resistance, and really likes Uprising, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased, Feeling Good, SMBH, Soldiers Poem and USoE The most!
My Dad thinks they're good, and likes to pretend he's matt bellamy and play some air guitar
My sister hates them on the other hand. She thinks they aren't that good at all, and thinks Matt is quite whiny!
My aunt and uncle think they are awesome. My Aunt really likes B&H.
My grandparents are cool with muse too! My granddad even downloaded the whole Muse discography for me on his computer by torrent! He even burned a copy of HAARP he listens to occasionally!
My neighbour is kinda like family, and he likes them, if he wasn't having exams he would've come in June

:D

SnkRay
18-01-2011, 06:44 PM
I remember how my dad sat next to me when I was watching Hulaballoo for the first time, up to then I just knew BH&R, and Micro Cuts was playing... he asked me: "Do you really like this?" And I was just like "I don't know it's the first time I watch this" :LOL: I thought that the music was really weird and well.... then it fell in love :D.

My father liked them before I knew how great they are XD. Know my parents both appreciate them and have watched all live DVDs several times and listened to all their studio albums ;).

EDIT: My parents like Blackout the most. They're seperated and of course spent a lot of time on arguing, but we love to come together, sitting in front of the TV and watch live concerts. It's like the world standing still.

CydonianCrystal
18-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Yes, all of them, even my Mum - and she likes Susan Boyle. Not sure if that's a good thing or not :stunned:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes, all of them, even my Mum - and she likes Susan Boyle. Not sure if that's a good thing or not :stunned:

Muse and Susan Boyle :LOL: She has diverse tastes.

CydonianCrystal
18-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Muse and Susan Boyle :LOL: She has diverse tastes.

I know! :LOL: Last Christmas she decided she likes Westlife too - even though they kind of went off the radar halfway through the last decade :erm:

the_invincible_dude
18-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Well, my dad is the reason that I like Muse, cause he first introduced me to them almost eight years ago now, but I think he gets a bit fed up with the fact that I'm always giving some reference to them 24/7. But he still likes their music. :happy: My mum is similar, I think she just goes with the flow and is used to it all now. :rolleyes:

Cypher.
18-01-2011, 08:44 PM
My family like them (mostly!) :D

My sister is almost as obsessed as me, and my dad likes a lot of their stuff - he drove me half way across the country to see them (and drove back at 2am) and he said that he really enjoyed the gig.
I'm not entirely sure how my mum feels about them - she said that Dead Star was the best rock song she's heard in the last 10 years, but when she heard Micro Cuts she turned it off and said it was "absolutely chronic." :eek::( :LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I know! :LOL: Last Christmas she decided she likes Westlife too - even though they kind of went off the radar halfway through the last decade :erm:

Westlife are even worse than SuBo :LOL:

Tjet
18-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Sister likes TIRO and, believe it or not, Micro Cuts. She can listen to a few of the other songs sometimes.

Mum can enjoy the pop songs without guitar(Endlessly, UD for example)

Dad really likes Matt's voice, and loves Uprising. Heard him listen through all of The Resistance a while ago.

He usually calls them "shit except that one song" when we talk about them though :LOL:

JoshyBarth
18-01-2011, 09:16 PM
He usually calls them "shit except that one song" when we talk about them though :LOL:

I'm guessing that's what you say too ;)

Tjet
18-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm guessing that's what you say too ;)
Nah, it's usually "They're shit, but the songs are good."

LifeOfSydonia
18-01-2011, 10:04 PM
My mum is as obsessed with their music as I am. Before I took her to see them in Sweden last year she only fancied a few songs, such as New Born, Unintended, Bliss, Falling Away With You and a few others. But afterwards she was hooked. It's really great having a family member of yours enjoying the same kind of music as you do, because then you have someone to share your thoughts with and so on. And if I hadn't dragged my mom to that concert we wouldn't have seen them at Wembley, so thank god for that!

As for my brother and my step father.. well, they're kind of sick of the whole 'muse-mania' going on at our house 24/7. And I don't blame them. I'm sure my step father likes a few songs, he just enjoys taking the piss so much he hasn't admitted it yet (:shifty:)

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Dad likes the older stuff... (Cave, Bliss, House of the Rising Sun)
Mum likes the newer stuff... (Undisclosed Desires, USoE)
Brother likes the heavy stuff... (Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Hyper music, Futurism)
And i like it all :LOL:

EliteAssassin
18-01-2011, 10:31 PM
My Dad loves them :awesome: and so does one of my sisters.
The rest of my family thinks they're alright.

drawakangaroo
18-01-2011, 10:37 PM
My mom likes Muse, but she only listens to it when I play it.
My dad thinks they're okay.

STRANGExSNAIL
18-01-2011, 10:38 PM
My mum kinda likes them, at least she allows me to put some CDs in the car !
My little brother (well, not so little, he's 14) likes them, especially UD (:facepalm:) , Hysteria, most of the new songs.
My other brother hates them with a passion.
My dad is neutral about them :LOL:

laughter333
18-01-2011, 10:45 PM
My family doesn't like them because they think I am too obsessed. its annoying.

forevermusic
18-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Atm:
My dad has seen them live twice and thinks they're ok but they're a bit samey in structure.
My mum has only heard me singing them and some songs, and has often said "Your friend Mr. Bellamy" when feeding back stuff about Matt in the gossip columns :erm:
Neither of my two brothers are that bothered, although one likes Knights of Cydonia
My cousin likes the older stuff and can bear the new stuff
And I like it all :awesome:

Supermassive_Deadstar
18-01-2011, 10:49 PM
my mum has been in love with them longer than i have so yeah, my dad only likes PIB, and brother who listens to slipknot, murderdolls, korn and all that stuff, his favorite muse song is undisclosed desires! how fucked up is that :LOL:

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 10:51 PM
brother who listens to slipknot, murderdolls, korn and all that stuff, his favorite muse song is undisclosed desires! how fucked up is that :LOL:

How old is he? He might be having mood swings :LOL:

Supermassive_Deadstar
18-01-2011, 10:54 PM
How old is he? He might be having mood swings :LOL:

hes 16, and i dont see him changing anytime soon :stunned:

muselee321
18-01-2011, 11:01 PM
My mum likes quite a few of their songs, esp. Feeling Good... there are some like KOC that she says she really can't listen to. My dad doesn't necessarily like all their music (although he likes it more than doesn't), but he's very appreciative of them. Everytime I listen to them, though, he says "ah, you're listening to your myooooose - ic!" :facepalm: seriously, every time.
My brother... really hates them. But then he listens to the sappiest Korean and Japanese love songs :noey:.

*OoS*
18-01-2011, 11:03 PM
My parents love them (although of course not to my obsessive standard ;)) and have taken me/been to most of the gigs I have. My dad came with me to Teignmouth and met a load of boardies in the Irish pub :awesome: he loved Haze, thought he was hilarious :D

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:13 PM
hes 16, and i dont see him changing anytime soon :stunned:

:stunned: Don't give up on him :LOL:

I just realised... our keeps: Feeling good, fucking version >< ;)

bruce57
19-01-2011, 12:39 AM
:stunned: Don't give up on him :LOL:

I just realised... our keeps: Feeling good, fucking version >< ;)
you know you have to ask for keeps in the Keeper Thread, right....

a-museing
19-01-2011, 12:45 AM
They weren't at first. Then I played Muse everywhere we went and they eventually gave in. ;) My mam has started to tell me the little pieces of gossip she reads about them, my younger brother has learnt to play lot's of their song on guitar and my dad did an embarrassing dance to KOC in the car the other day. My uncle thinks their a heavy metal band for some reason?

hyper_chondriac_muser
19-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Nah, I don't have a cool family :( lol. Me and my sister couldn't be more different - she's a pop and r'n'b and GLEE-loving weirdo (:p) and I'm a Muse and rock/punk/metal-loving weirdo, haha. My parents only know of Muse from what they see me wearing (millions of Muse tees/hoodies etc), what I'm listening to loudly in my room (erm... Muse) and all the Musey posters etc and merch I have scattered around my room. They're not bothered at all, tbh! I'm sure they just think I'm in one of those post-teen phases of loving a 'boyband' or something :chuckle: It's safe to say I'll never be gigging with any of them at a Muse gig :LOL:. They'd def embarrass me :p :noey:

Lupus
19-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Lucky for most of you, I've gotta be a fan solo! Neither friends or family really like them... no one hates them, but none of my friends get what I love about them.

hyper_chondriac_muser
19-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Lucky for most of you, I've gotta be a fan solo! Neither friends or family really like them... no one hates them, but none of my friends get what I love about them.

+1. No one really gets it among my friends/fam either, which is why I find it weird meeting other Musers and remembering that they Actually DO like the band and know their songs and stuff about them etc, instead of giving me blank looks, lol.

Morgan.
19-01-2011, 03:06 AM
My sister loves Muse. Not as much as me, though. We went to see Muse together in Cincinnati. And she's super mellow so it was fun to see her jumping around and singing along. She knew of Muse before I did and was obsessed with SMBH at the time. Then I got into them about two years later. Now she's obsessed with Unintended :happy:

My mom doesn't like anything I listen to. Depressing sometimes. She knows I'm obsessed with Muse but never says anything. There's no way of converting her either :(

TrebleRose689
19-01-2011, 03:15 AM
I'm pretty fortunate when it comes to my family and friends and their appreciation of Muse. :p

My dad really likes them a lot, and KoC is by far his favorite song. He loves reminding me constantly that it's their best song "by a landslide" and that none of their other songs could ever stack up to it. :LOL: KoC is probably in my top 10, so I don't totally disagree, but I just think it's funny that he loves it SO MUCH. :p He has other songs he likes too though... He has his own Mix CD with all of his favorites on it, and he listens to it almost daily when he drives to work :chuckle:

My mom tends to like their slower stuff (Sing for Absolution is one of her top faves) and over-all she seems to enjoy listening to them :p I haven't made a CD for her (she doesn't like them quite as much as my dad does) but she'll listen and even sometimes make requests if I'm listening in the car or something and she's with me :p

My brother doesn't like their music :noey: But he likes their lyrics (especially all the BH&R/TR political stuff :p) :LOL:

My four and a half year old niece really loves them :chuckle: Funnily enough, KoC is her favorite song too, so she always listens to it when she's riding with my dad (She calls it "No one's gonna take me alive"... for some reason she refuses to call it Knights of Cydonia, no matter how many times I remind her :LOL:) She also has her own little mix CD of about 10 or so songs that she likes :p Her mom plays it for her in the car.

And... most of my friends are Muse fans (although no one quite as much as me :LOL:)

traceur22
19-01-2011, 04:48 AM
None of my family really likes them... My aunt loves TIRO and my dad kind of likes starlight. My mom just likes twilight so she calls herself a muse fan... :noey:
One of my best friends at school though loves muse and it's always nice to go to school and talk about Muse with someone who actually appreciates them. Everyone else just looks at us like we're crazy. Oh and every time I listen to uprising my brother has to make fun of Matt's voice and mock me for listening to it. that bugs me. a lot.

JadeLovesMuse
19-01-2011, 07:36 AM
My family are Muse lovers :awesome:
My mum, dad and brother saw them at Wembley with me :happy: they loved it :awesome: my nan is starting to like them and my grandad likes a few songs: Uprising, Starlight, Map Of The Problematique (that's his favourite :happy:), Neutron Star Collision and Feeling Good :happy:
My dad makes comments about Matt though :chuckle: comments like:

"he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down"

"he's a weird looking bloke"

"he has a small mouth"

"he has a weird nose"

"ooh dear, that's not a good look" < he was talking about Matt in the Bliss video :rolleyes:

I've converted 75% of my friends into Musers too :D :happy:

kh95
19-01-2011, 08:01 AM
My mom tolerates them, barely. She is a little worried about my obsession. :LOL: My sisters like the softer songs. My lil brother likes them a lot, but not as much as me. Nobody loves them as I do around here!

agntexas
20-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Me and my three of my sisters fell in love with them as soon as we heard them. Then even more so when we saw HAARP! So far we've gone to as many concerts as we possibly can. And plan to attend many more!

On the othere hand my parents could careless and my othere three sisters just think we're crazy. They're like "why are u going to drive 8 hours to see a band, then drive back the next day to see the same band?"
I'm tell'em cause they're that freakin' awesome! :D

Silver Lizzy
21-01-2011, 10:23 AM
+1. No one really gets it among my friends/fam either, which is why I find it weird meeting other Musers and remembering that they Actually DO like the band and know their songs and stuff about them etc, instead of giving me blank looks, lol.

Same here , only one friend likes them :( , that's why I'm so happy to be a part of this forum and it's great to meet other Musers at gigs :) !!

Kazy-Babie
22-01-2011, 07:06 AM
My 15 year old brother caught me looking at pics of the guys on Tumblr and asked me what their names were, So I was like "that's Matt, he's the singer/guitarist/pianist/keytarist/crazy one, and that's Dom who is the drummer and the last guy is Chris who is the bassist" then my brother goes "So Matt does all that at the same time? That's cool" and I giggled and said "He's epically talented but I don't think he could do all those things at once" and his reply was "oh, *laughs* anyway I like their songs, they're really cool". I even caught him once listening to Plug In Baby on his iPod, mumbling what he thought were the words and bouncing on his bed :D. My mum thinks they sound like a "non-Irish" U2, whatever that means... But she's only heard BH&R and The Resistance

PlugInFuckingBaby
23-01-2011, 07:21 PM
my brother introduced me to Muse. I wouldn't say he's a Muser because he kind of moved on. He's got all the albums, and saw them with me, but now he likes Tegan&Sara :rolleyes:
my other brother likes Muse but couldn't afford to come with us to the concert. he listens to Muse non-stop, but i don't see him much.
my other brother is a lost cause. metalhead. (yes, i have 3 older brothers!)
my mom is appreciative. she supports it, buys me Muse shirts when she sees them... occasionally she'll listen to Starlight or Uprising if it's on the radio or if i burn her a CD but she never listens to the 'real' stuff.
my dad thinks Muse sounds like a dying cat and refuses to listen to any at all. :LOL:

butbutbut~~~~THEY ARE ALL APPRECIATIVE OF MATT~~~~ :p
except my dad.
my dad thinks matt is ugly and makes jokes about him :facepalm: :LOL:

PlugInFuckingBaby
23-01-2011, 07:25 PM
my brother introduced me to Muse. I wouldn't say he's a Muser because he kind of moved on. He's got all the albums, and saw them with me, but now he likes Tegan&Sara :rolleyes:
my other brother likes Muse but couldn't afford to come with us to the concert. he listens to Muse non-stop, but i don't see him much.
my mom is appreciative. she supports it, buys me Muse shirts when she sees them... occasionally she'll listen to Starlight or Uprising if it's on the radio or if i burn her a CD but she never listens to the 'real' stuff.
my dad thinks Muse sounds like a dying cat and refuses to listen to any at all. :LOL: my dad makes fun of how ugly matt is too lol

StrawberryGloss
17-09-2011, 07:55 AM
My non-Muser sister was singing Knights of Cydonia for the last 5 minutes! :stunned:

TrebleRose689
17-09-2011, 01:46 PM
My dad totally shocked me the other day :LOL: I've mentioned before that he does like Muse, but he's a super casual fan... He knows the songs that he likes, and that's pretty much it.

Well I was wearing my OoS shirt the other day and I jokingly asked "Hey dad, do you recognize my shirt?" just to see what he'd say. He glanced at it, didn't even look at the bottom of the shirt to cheat, and goes "Origins of Symmetry" :eek: Despite the fact that he made "origin" plural (:LOL:) I couldn't believe he not only knew the name of the album, but could recognize the artwork! :LOL:

Princess of Promise
17-09-2011, 01:54 PM
my mom is appreciative. she supports it, buys me Muse shirts when she sees them... occasionally she'll listen to Starlight or Uprising if it's on the radio or if i burn her a CD but she never listens to the 'real' stuff.my dad thinks Muse sounds like a dying cat and refuses to listen to any at all. :LOL: my dad makes fun of how ugly matt is too lol

My dad jokes around with me about my thing with Muse (he really likes the Uprising riff)
I am trying to get my mom to buy me a new copy of BHAR (it got scratched on the way back home); SMBH won't play. She supports my love of Muse. She likes the albums okay, but she has this thing against Absolution...:rolleyes:

goti
17-09-2011, 04:31 PM
My family are Muse lovers :awesome:
My mum, dad and brother saw them at Wembley with me :happy: they loved it :awesome: my nan is starting to like them and my grandad likes a few songs: Uprising, Starlight, Map Of The Problematique (that's his favourite :happy:), Neutron Star Collision and Feeling Good :happy:
My dad makes comments about Matt though :chuckle: comments like:

"he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down"

"he's a weird looking bloke"

"he has a small mouth"

"he has a weird nose"

"ooh dear, that's not a good look" < he was talking about Matt in the Bliss video :rolleyes:

I've converted 75% of my friends into Musers too :D :happy:
That's funny!:chuckle: My mother says stuff like that about Matt too!:rolleyes:
My family doesn't like them! My brother makes fun of them and calls them "mouse" instead of Muse and my parents just say "Muse again?" when I mention them!

Aquifa
18-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Hell no, they're not. My dad hates them,thinks Muse is autotune ,but says "They have a decent lead singer". My mom is whatever,she listened to the HAARP CD in the car, she said she couldn't hear the lyrics (What?) so she doesn't like them. My friends like shit pop music except for Clare, who got me into liking Foster the People,and I'm an only child. You guys are the only ones who understand. :supersad:

BassDementia
18-09-2011, 06:28 PM
My dad said they were ok until he heard Micro Cuts and he hasn't stopped taking the piss ever since.
Was quite funny when Hysteria came on the radio and he didn't know and went, "Wow, who was that?"

Me: "Muse" :LOL:

As for the rest, my mum likes a few songs, my sister has no interest and mere weeks after Muse played Origin for the last time at Reading and Leeds my brother has grown to love the album is deeply regretting that he didn't go with me :p

But i'm proud he's liking old school Muse because of me :3

MuseHolic111
18-09-2011, 06:42 PM
My Brother likes muse, he was with me at the Kaisaniemi park gig :happy: My sister also likes them (well a little bit) My mom likes many of their songs (except for assassin and othe badass songs :mad:) and my dad likes almost every song by muse :awesome:

ninjabanana
20-09-2011, 12:00 PM
My mum hates them with a passion, my sister loves them, my dad recently asked me to burn a CD of their music for him and my brother doesn't mind Stockholm Syndrome :happy:

GloriousAssassin
20-09-2011, 05:39 PM
My dad played Starlight at the radio station where he works but he didn't know the band's name.Then I played Bliss and he said it's a cool songs and he even dowloaded it:D
My mum heard Fury and some other songs and just said "How can you stand at that "noise"??"But now she thinks Matt has a great voice and she likes a couple of songs.
My sis hates them(just 'cause I like them!Actually she likes them a lot:phu: )
And everyone thinks all of their songs sounds the same:rolleyes:

knightsmuse
21-09-2011, 02:18 AM
My parents aren't appreciative of muse. My father hates all muse songs except unintended. My mother just like unintended and uprising. And song they hate most is exogenesis symphony part 3 (redemption) because they think it sounds like death song:stunned:

Aquifa
22-09-2011, 05:26 AM
I will post what I said on Youtube. This is about Exo Part 1, mind you.

I tried to get my dad to convert with this, but he didn't even finish Overture,didn't even get to the guitar part, and he said it was synthesized!!!!! ARRRGH! Then I realized...my father is a Muse hater. :o All respect for him..out the nearest window

Yep. He's a goner.

cookielover734
22-09-2011, 05:58 PM
My mum thinks they're quite good. She lets me listen to them in the car and stuff but she's not crazy about them. My dad said he liked them when I first 'introduced' them to him, but after finding out how obsessed I am he just makes fun of them and says he hates them to piss me off. But I think he actually likes them, he's just too stubborn and wants to piss me off to admit it. My sister likes them but only because I do.

dreamyana
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
As I live with my parents, they have no other choice they had to used to Muse. Firstly they found it difficult, my mum said they were weird. My father didn't care as long as the music wasn't too loud. My brother used to making fun of them. Also they were all saying that "this is just another pointless obsession of yours, it will pass within a month". But as the time passed and it did not, thay started to like them. My brother is now a real fan (not a Muser yet, but he likes them very much so maybe one day...). My parents don't know what Matt is singing about and my mum still thinks he is ugly BUT they agree that Muse make great music and Matt's voice is just significant;)

Speaking of my friends - apart from those I'm studying with now (they usually don't have any idea "what" Muse is when I mention it, one of them actually asked me once "Muse? Is this a chinese thing?" ;O) - most of them like or at least tolerate Muse. One of them is actually a pwoper Muser. And three of my friends have been with me to the Muse gig in 2010 here in Poland so I think I am pretty lucky;) No one is as much obsessed (especially for such a long time) as I am, but still;)

Oh Hannah
05-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Yes. I think they have got used to it and realise that I could have far worse obsessions. My sister is in love with Dominic so my muse rants don't bother her too much and all my family like their music so I can play it as much as I want :) my mum doesn't understand how I find Matthew beautiful so disapproves of my calendar but I tell her it's inner beauty ;)

It's my boyfriend that's the problem...

Oh and none of my friends or anyone I know are musers. A couple of boys really like them but I piss everyone off with my obsession

Aquifa
06-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Yes. I think they have got used to it and realise that I could have far worse obsessions. My sister is in love with Dominic so my muse rants don't bother her too much and all my family like their music so I can play it as much as I want :) my mum doesn't understand how I find Matthew beautiful so disapproves of my calendar but I tell her it's inner beauty ;)

It's my boyfriend that's the problem...

Oh and none of my friends or anyone I know are musers. A couple of boys really like them but I piss everyone off with my obsession

You better tell her to keep his hands off him. :fear: :p Naw, sharing is caring. :LOL:

Hyper Chondriac Muser6977
06-04-2012, 03:16 AM
You better tell her to keep his hands off him. :fear: :p Naw, sharing is caring. :LOL:

Niiicee :LOL:

Um...I don't think my parents have heard muse. Well, obviously they have, but they've probably just tuned it out. And they don't come on the radio often so all my mum's heard is Uprising and UD, which she didn't comment on. I dunno about my dad, but he's more of a Metallica guy so it could go either way. My older brother likes a few songs, his fav is PiB. My older sister hates them just because I like them and calls them auto-tune, meaningless, stupid band. I've asked her why she thought Muse were pointless and she couldn't come up with an answer cos she hasn't actually listened to any songs. :rolleyes: Then I ask her about what she's listening to and she's like 'THIS IS ABOUT THE RESISTANCE, OKAY? IT ISN'T SOME STUPID MUSE CRAP!' And I just laughed so hard :LOL: She just refuses to listen to them cos I think she's scared she might actually like them, I've caught her listening to CE before, I'll get her one day :shifty: My little sister's (5 yrs old) in love with Matt and says she wants to marry him, and she demands for Bliss but not much else. My little brother's 3 and likes jumping around to KoC. My littlest sister (2 yrs old) likes the mellow/slow songs and will try to sing and move along with the beat (Map of Your Had, Unintended, SfA etc.) I hope that I'll be able to have someone to go with to a concert next tour :supersad:

Jobby
06-04-2012, 03:39 AM
My mum only likes Starlight and my uncle likes them (although I'm not sure to what extent, he took me to see them at LCCC and Leeds Fest '11 though and enjoyed those). My granny, however, loves them. She asked me to put their entire discography (of the ones I own) onto her iPod. I left out Crying Shame and Execution Commentary though, I know she'd really dislike the swearing in the former and the...everything in the latter. If her old bones could stand it, she'd want me to take her to a gig, but alas, she can't :(

Most of my friends only know the odd few songs and mock me for liking them so much (considering they're Coldplay fans, they can't say much). I had a girlfriend who's really into them though, almost as much as me, in fact. She used to say I looked and sounded like Matt, I disagree although we do have very similar laughs.

zomuse
06-04-2012, 06:41 AM
No one in my family is really into music. My brother hates Muse because of me but my mum is pretty supportive and she doesn't seem adverse to the idea of hopping over to Australia when Muse tour there again.

Oh Hannah
06-04-2012, 08:57 AM

I wouldn't worry about it she is 12 years old ;)
But she does get annoyed when I talk about him or say he's cute and she's like 'that's not fair Dom is mine, you love Matt more remember?' I'm like they are human beings not cuddly toys :rolleyes:

Furygirl
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM
My daughter hates them, my husband is indifferent, but mostly dislikes them. My parents are enablers because they babysit to help my Muse habit (when I go out of town for gigs). :happy:

I use headphones a lot. :indiff: In general, not just with Muse.

Princess of Promise
06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
My brother hates everything about them, my mother likes a few songs but is otherwise indifferent, my stepmother is indifferent, and my father goes absolutely nuts for them (mostly he's just trying to impress me in a cheesy way like fathers always do :rolleyes:)

Whatsername
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
My family has different opinions on them. My mom saw Muse with me and she said she loves them, yet she only listens to Undisclosed Desires. My dad could care less. Back when I lived at home and would drive my siblings everywhere, they said they liked it whenever I put a Muse CD on. My second oldest sister likes OOS and Bliss is her favorite song on that album. My other sister likes them but never elaborates on what she likes. My brothers call USOE 'the piano song' :chuckle:

AssassinRecords
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
My mum loves a lot of their songs, but she prefers Kasabian. My dad likes BHAR a lot.

i-was-born-to-destroy_you
15-04-2012, 10:44 AM
My mum approves of them...she doesn't particularly like them, but she likes Starlight and Resistance...she takes the mick out of them any chance she gets -.-
my dad, however...we're on the same level, he loves Muse almost as much as I do;)
He's been to see them twice... Jealous :-(

Peter.
15-04-2012, 11:07 AM
my mom is a total uprising fan, she doesn't know any other song by name though:LOL: I managed to convert my sister into a real muser, although she might not be as fanatic as I am... my dad doesn't really know them, once he was scanning our PC for "useless things he has to delete" and I heard him say: "hey, what the hell is this folder named origin of symmetry? can I delete it?" and I was like "don't...you...DARE TO TOUCH IT!!!!":LOL:

WutDaFucksy
15-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Mum likes Knights of Cydonia and Uprising, Dad knows the last two albums a bit (came to Wembley 07 with me too), brother likes them and went to Wembley (first night lol) and Reading, and sister dislikes them!

BreakingOut
15-04-2012, 11:43 AM
My sister is a big fan of pop, and only likes the songs from Twatlight. My mum is basically the same. :indiff:

sunburnt-bliss
07-05-2012, 05:48 AM
My Mum came to see them with me, but that wasn't because she likes them :P She sings along to Uprising, Undisclosed Desires and a bit of KoC though.

My Dad likes Blackout because he heard it on talkback radio twice, otherwise he just says that they keep copying people because I always have it on Space Dementia or Butterflies and Hurricanes so he thinks it's Rachmaninov :P

daisyloomes
07-05-2012, 03:06 PM
My Dad is indifferent, occasionally says I song I'm playing by them is nice .... my Mum says she likes them, but I think she's just trying to be cool :LOL:
My ten year old sister says she likes them and wants me to teach her MK Ultra on the piano, but once again she's just trying to be cool :rolleyes:
My twin sister though, of all people, HATES them. Only because I like them. She doesn't find anything specifically wrong with them, and she has said she likes Feeling Good and Bliss, but she eventually got annoyed by me talking about them non stop, so now whenever I say the word Muse she hits me or swears at me .... fml I just moved to a new school and no one I know likes Muse.
Seriously, this messageboard is the only way I connect with Musers these days.
LUB YOU GUYS!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

Animus
07-05-2012, 08:21 PM
My mom likes them alright I think. She HATES undisclosed desires though, that's one of my favorite songs! My step dad... I honestly don't know... And my 3 year old brother LOVES the resistence! He loves I belong to you because they say his name "Leo" in it. ("she attacks me like a Leo"). So yeah!

Animus
07-05-2012, 08:21 PM
My sister is a big fan of pop, and only likes the songs from Twatlight. My mum is basically the same. :indiff:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWY:eek:

You.Make.Me.Sick
08-05-2012, 02:30 AM
My dad loves them. My mom likes them, but just doesn't go crazy with their 4 minutes of riffage like me or my dad would. Don't have brothers or sisters

You.Make.Me.Sick
08-05-2012, 02:33 AM
My Dad is indifferent, occasionally says I song I'm playing by them is nice .... my Mum says she likes them, but I think she's just trying to be cool :LOL:
My ten year old sister says she likes them and wants me to teach her MK Ultra on the piano, but once again she's just trying to be cool :rolleyes:
My twin sister though, of all people, HATES them. Only because I like them. She doesn't find anything specifically wrong with them, and she has said she likes Feeling Good and Bliss, but she eventually got annoyed by me talking about them non stop, so now whenever I say the word Muse she hits me or swears at me .... fml I just moved to a new school and no one I know likes Muse.
Seriously, this messageboard is the only way I connect with Musers these days.
LUB YOU GUYS!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

OMG you are like me!!!! I know 0 Musers. I know 1 girl who used to like them, but she's moved on to..... I can't say it...... R*******D!!!!!:eek: She's trying to get me into them but i just tell her to shutup;) Good to know there's other lonely Muser out there. Shoutout to all you guys who feel alone!!!

Jobby
08-05-2012, 02:38 AM
I know 1 girl who used to like them, but she's moved on to..... I can't say it...... R*******D!!!!!:eek: She's trying to get me into them but i just tell her to shutup;)

You know, it is possible to like both bands :rolleyes:

Kueller917
08-05-2012, 02:45 AM
You know, it is possible to like both bands :rolleyes:

No it's not. You have to pick one.

daisyloomes
08-05-2012, 06:03 AM
OMG you are like me!!!! I know 0 Musers. I know 1 girl who used to like them, but she's moved on to..... I can't say it...... R*******D!!!!!:eek: She's trying to get me into them but i just tell her to shutup;) Good to know there's other lonely Muser out there. Shoutout to all you guys who feel alone!!!

Hahaha thanks! I had one friend who liked them too but she moved onto ... I can't say it .... ADELAIDE!
Haha we both used to live in the middle of Australia but then she moved then I moved and ... blaaah :(

Anways you are never alone as a Muser! I am always thinking of all you guys <3 xoxoxo

Aquifa
08-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Hahaha thanks! I had one friend who liked them too but she moved onto ... I can't say it .... ADELAIDE!
Haha we both used to live in the middle of Australia but then she moved then I moved and ... blaaah :(

Anways you are never alone as a Muser! I am always thinking of all you guys <3 xoxoxo

"Heelloooooo Adelaide!" "We're in fucking Perth, you dick!" :LOL: :kiss:

fabripav
08-05-2012, 11:07 AM

Shame that Radiohead are better than Muse :(

Tjet
08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
"OMG whenever I try to get my friends to listen to Muse they just tell me to shut up. THEY ARE SO STUPID AND ANNOYING OMG.

My friends try to get me to listen to Radiohead but I just tell them to shut up lol, Muse fowevah :)"

Oh Hannah
08-05-2012, 03:25 PM
"OMG whenever I try to get my friends to listen to Muse they just tell me to shut up. THEY ARE SO STUPID AND ANNOYING OMG.

My friends try to get me to listen to Radiohead but I just tell them to shut up lol, Muse fowevah :)"

Leave them be Simon.

Kueller917
10-05-2012, 12:41 AM

Shut up and go listen to Radiohead

Tjet
10-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Radiohead are booooring.

Aquifa
10-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Radiohead are booooring.

:yesey:

10-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Sippe's statement is sort of relevant (without all the teenager-ness of it) except the most I say about muse is if someone said a lyric I mention it quietly or any reference, but not like I scream it or anything. Really it's sort of cooled down, some are too common to even mention anymore, yet all my "friends" (I use the term lightly) say I'm a muse freak. I could say stuff about them, stuff they wouldn't even understand which would make me laugh more, but really it's not worth it anymore. I only get annoyed when people accuse my music when they haven't heard it, but even if they do I don't care much, if at all.

I'm sort of mutual to Radiohead, don't love them, don't hate them, some songs I'm ok with, but I've never really been obsessed with any song.

:yesey:
How did I know you'd agree? :p

bumpypotato
10-05-2012, 11:58 AM

Leave them be Simon.

It's true though.

Oh Hannah
10-05-2012, 01:21 PM
It's true though.

I know I know :rolleyes:

Aquifa
12-05-2012, 05:40 PM
How did I know you'd agree? :p

*ponder,ponder-oh bother...*

Cheyenne9817
12-05-2012, 08:25 PM
I have no brothers/sisters and I only live with my mum. And she cannot STAND Muse. It's really sad. I wanna take her to a concert to prove to her how awesome they are. She says that she doesn't want to go. Oh well...she'll just have to deal with me listening to Muse and talking about them for the rest of eternity. My friends don't like Muse either so...but I do have my online Musers that I'm very appreciative of :D

fabripav
12-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I wanna take her to a concert to prove to her how awesome they are.

And then they'll play Guiding Light, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and Neutron Star Collision.

Oh Hannah
12-05-2012, 08:37 PM
And then they'll play Guiding Light, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and Neutron Star Collision.

Doesn't mean she wouldn't like it if she hadn't heard the other stuff

Cheyenne9817
12-05-2012, 08:41 PM

Yeah....and she likes heavy rock/metal music like Metallica. Although she does like the end of Micro Cuts and the end of Stockholm Syndrome.

BinghamIsAnEpicName
12-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah....and she likes heavy rock/metal music like Metallica. Although she does like the end of Micro Cuts and the end of Stockholm Syndrome.

Wish I had such a badass metalhead mum...

rockout
21-05-2012, 02:39 PM
my children love muse!! they have been brought up listening to my albums and love them all, especially my son who has been inspired by the bands we enjoy and is now a keen guitarist and taking GCSE music at school. I took him along to his first proper concert at the age of 11 to see muse at Teignmouth and what a first concert that was :)

fabripav
21-05-2012, 04:52 PM
my children love muse!! they have been brought up listening to my albums and love them all, especially my son who has been inspired by the bands we enjoy and is now a keen guitarist and taking GCSE music at school. I took him along to his first proper concert at the age of 11 to see muse at Teignmouth and what a first concert that was :)

GOOD PARENTING :awesome:

Aquifa
22-05-2012, 02:23 AM

Can you be my mom? :awesome: :awesome:

Googoogee1
22-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Most of my family dont really like muse..but i got my mom to love them..After i came back from the san diego gig i showed my mom on youtube her fav song ruled by secrecy i left the room and as soon as i got back she was crying :stunned:

Aquifa
22-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Most of my family dont really like muse..but i got my mom to love them..After i came back from the san diego gig i showed my mom on youtube her fav song ruled by secrecy i left the room and as soon as i got back she was crying :stunned:

:ohmy: Awesome Muse.

dreamyana
23-05-2012, 07:53 PM

Ohhh, I wish my mum could get so emotional about them. However, I'm not complaining. Sometimes she comes into my room and says nice things about them. Like "oh, I like this song". "OMG, is this really him singing like that?" :D

Besides my brother is close to become a Muser - it's a matter of time. Or rather one badass live show. I hope to take him next year to one;)

paemchen
23-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Sighhh...I've tried. My parents are hopeless. They like The Lawrence Welk Show (pity me!) My sister and I have always had different tastes in music. She says she doesn't like Matt's voice. My son (who just turned 6) LOVED Undisclosed Desires for a while. Mostly because of the video. :LOL: He went through an Iron Maiden phase which was AWESOME! But not anything interesting lately. My daughter is only 4 and seems to like Young the Giant. :happy: Thankfully, my husband loves Muse! So, it's not a complete lost cause!

You.Make.Me.Sick
24-05-2012, 03:06 AM
:noey::noey:Thankfully, my husband loves Muse! So, it's not a complete lost cause!

I plan to marry a pwoper muser one day... which will be hard because all girls are obsessed with pop:vomit:

Aquifa
24-05-2012, 05:01 AM
:noey::noey:

I plan to marry a pwoper muser one day... which will be hard because all girls are obsessed with pop:vomit:
You can get me one day. ;)
My mom is warming up to my taste, now just to get her into Muse.

fabripav
24-05-2012, 10:16 AM
You can get me one day. ;)

But Fangirlville is so far from Milwaukee :(

Furygirl
24-05-2012, 12:05 PM

I find that hard to believe. You must be in the wrong place. :noey:

24-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Well, that's quite the big assumption, don't you think? There's loads of girls on the boards let alone the world. I don't say 'It will be hard to marry a muser due to the fact that all guys are obsessed with jazz' do I? Just sayin'.

Anyways, brother now likes PiB and SS, older sister still kinda meh on them, parents don't really care as long as its not too loud and I'm not breaking anything from it, but my little brother and sisters love it :happy:

They
24-05-2012, 12:48 PM
>Mum decided she likes Starlight, Uprising and Resistance
>Tell her how bland they are in comparison with Muse's better work
>Say Origin of Symmetry is probably my favorite album by them
>Looks at the CD case.
>"Oh, I love Feeling Good"

:rolleyes:

Aquifa
25-05-2012, 01:19 AM
>Mum decided she likes Starlight, Uprising and Resistance
>Tell her how bland they are in comparison with Muse's better work
>Say Origin of Symmetry is probably my favorite album by them
>Looks at the CD case.
>"Oh, I love Feeling Good"

:rolleyes:

:facepalm: It's a step in the right direction?

dreamyana
26-05-2012, 08:47 PM

THIS IS NOT TRUE. You just have to look more carefully and you will find many girls who are obssesed with other generes of music. Really.

Tilly
26-05-2012, 10:37 PM
My mom doesn't like it but we have such polar tastes sometimes it's not much of a surprise. She teases me about my Muse obsession all the time, but she doesn't care what I listen to as long as I don't blast it. She's not big on going to concerts or anything like that, so I've never seen a band live, but I'm going to make Muse my first concert experience.

I think if she was younger she would like it. When I was a little kid, 5-10, she would've been 25-30, we used to listen to everything from Nirvana to Bach together. Now that's she's gotten a little older she isn't as open to everything. I hope I don't get like that :LOL:

My dad isn't really into music in general and we don't talk about stuff like that, so I have no idea how he feels.

Glaedr
27-05-2012, 05:53 AM

I'll marry you :awesome:

well, my older brother listens to muse casually, (but his favourite song is NSC so :erm:) aand my little bro loves MotP, Resistance (because he plays the beginning on piano) and Assassin :awesome:

BUT my parents have never listened to them, or english music in general :noey:

Aquifa
27-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I'll marry you :awesome:

I already called him. :phu: :p