PDA

View Full Version : Muse in School/Uni

Elise<3sMuse
02-02-2010, 03:35 AM
I was surprised not to find an existing thread that covered a broad range of Muse-ness in everyday school

So I was wondering if Muse has a part of your life in school.
eg:
- Do you know teachers/other people who like them?
- Do you have conversations about them?
- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band?
- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges?
- Do you stick posters up of them?
- Do you draw/paint them in art?

I dunno, you tell me :happy:
Hope this will be :awesome:
:musesign:

apap3rplat3
02-02-2010, 03:58 AM
My friends and I are currently making a music video for Uprising in my video production class.

And once when my English teacher was really pissed at my school's administration I wrote this nice little diddy on her board about taking them down etc. and finished with the lines "THEY WILL NOT FORCE US! THEY WILL STOP DEGRADING US! THEY WILL NOT CONTROL US! WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS!"

Sad thing is no one got the reference. :(

I don't know of any of my friends that really like Muse though. Most of them have heard of them, but they are more along the lines of "Hollywood Undead r so br00tal!!!" so yeah.

Justine
02-02-2010, 04:06 AM
I was surprised not to find an existing thread that covered a broad range of Muse-ness in everyday school

eg:
- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges?

-my sis has a professor who's can't be older than 31 and who looks like a mix between matt and david tennant. I saw him and he's bloody ADORABLE, looks like a student. But I've forgotten his name, some french chappe...
-with anyone who's willing
- I play violin but I can play... unintended, map of your head, and plug in baby on an acoustic guitar (its all i have) annnd, sunburn, apocalypse please, newborn, space dimentia, mon coeur se ouvre a ta voix, and the B&H solo on piano :happy: plus a little ray charles and rachmaninoff thanks to matt :stunned:
- i do random stuff like that yeh, if i see a muse related work in a textbook i'll circle it :stunned: and my friend drew the muse logo on her bicep...
- no posters sadly
- i doodled matt once, that was it
fun questions! :happy:

Mushroom-Knight
02-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Heehee, I try putting them in as many things as possible for school and public junk http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/u/hurrplz.png?1

We have a school band thing (School of Rock, I know :D) for every month, and they play at lunch. The guys that are in it sometimes play little tunes of Hysteria or Time is Running out and whatnot but quickly change to what they're supposed to play. Hmph. Stupid teachers with their songs. :phu: But my Language Arts teacher thinks they're awesome. Lucky person, he gets to see them in Coachella, but he promises to give me pictures of them when he gets good ones. :awesome:
Buuuut.... I don't play any instruments so yeah... it sucks that I can't play songs. People can bring their guitars to school to play at lunch or whatever, but sadly, I can't cause I dunno how to play. :(

And the best thing ever.... we get to paint a picture for advanced art of our idols, and since I couldn't really think of anyone my art teacher told me to do a musician. Guess who's doing Matt Bellamy now... :awesome: I dunno why, but I'm a heckavalot better with his pictures than doing Chris or Dom.

Citizen Erased
02-02-2010, 06:50 AM
- Do you know teachers/other people who like them? Yeah, two geography teachers, my old singing teacher, my new singing teacher, 3 of my past art teachers, and one of my science teachers.

- Do you have conversations about them? All the time, with friends and with teachers who seen them live :happy:

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band? I have a band and we've covered Time Is Running Out

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messages? I scribble on exam desks 'MUSE' and write lyrics on tables. I doodle little cartoon versions of them on my work XD

- Do you stick posters up of them? I have a Muse wall :awesome: It's got 12 little posters I recycled from a calendar, OoS poster, BHaR poster, Hullabaloo one, and The Resistance artwork one. Plus some stuff I've collected out of magazines.

- Do you draw/paint them in art? Yep, most of what I've done in art has had some Muse reference. We had to make a plaque sort of thing out of clay, and have a short word on it, I was originally gonna do 'Muse' but decided I would do the background as OoS artwork and put 'Helen' on it :happy:

Elise<3sMuse
03-02-2010, 07:15 AM
My friends and I are currently making a music video for Uprising in my video production class.

:eek: That is so :awesome: !!!

-my sis has a professor who's can't be older than 31 and who looks like a mix between matt and david tennant. I saw him and he's bloody ADORABLE, looks like a student. But I've forgotten his name, some french chappe...

- I play violin but I can play... unintended, map of your head, and plug in baby on an acoustic guitar (its all i have) annnd, sunburn, apocalypse please, newborn, space dimentia, mon coeur se ouvre a ta voix, and the B&H solo on piano :happy: plus a little ray charles and rachmaninoff thanks to matt :stunned:

Damn I wish I went to that school :stongue: sounds awesome! :p

& you, my, friend have my respect. thats :awesome: so much myooooze :D

Heehee, I try putting them in as many things as possible for school and public junk http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/u/hurrplz.png?1

And the best thing ever.... we get to paint a picture for advanced art of our idols, and since I couldn't really think of anyone my art teacher told me to do a musician. Guess who's doing Matt Bellamy now... :awesome: I dunno why, but I'm a heckavalot better with his pictures than doing Chris or Dom.

SO MUCH WIN! :D

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messages? I scribble on exam desks 'MUSE' and write lyrics on tables.

I can't believe I haven't thought of doing that! I'm so gonna start doing that now :LOL:

Erica-Jane
03-02-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm starting uni this year so I hope I can get up to some business in there...BUT i can apply this to 2008:

- YES i had 2 teachers back in senior that loved Muse (one teacher got a shirt for me from the gig she went to :D).
- I have convos about them with my best friend every damn day :happy:
- My bestie and I used to write their names on the whiteboards all the time :chuckle:

Tofu
03-02-2010, 07:24 AM
My friend almost looks like Matt, only shorter and stockier. :LOL: And we used to play Muse songs together on ukulele in the halls.
I gave a lecture/recital on Rachmaninoff once, because Matt likes Rachmaninoff. :p
I write Muse lyrics on desks in lecture halls and stuff.

That's all the Musing I've done in/for school, though. Otherwise it's all just on my own.

MrsWolstenholme
03-02-2010, 11:40 AM
one of the teachers at my school looks like young chris! :eek::stongue:

Killer Rabbit
03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I have heard amateur bands covering Muse songs, but the majority of them have sucked and made me want to :vomit:.

limegreennails
03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
once i got detention for 'defacing' a library book(it was a greek history book, it mentioned 'muse' so i tore out the page and underlined muse and stuck it in the girls bathroom) but that's it. :facepalm:

queenziggy
03-02-2010, 04:47 PM
No, I don't really have any "cool professors", so to speak. They're all very dull and elderly. They don't seem like they would listen to Muse...but who knows. There is a painting of some guy by the cafeteria that looks just like Matt! I stare at it every time I walk by. I should take a picture of it.

Oh and the only Muse related conversation i've had there so far was last week. I have a picture of Matt as the wallpaper on my phone, and some girl was like "Oh, is that your boyfriend? He's so cute!" And I was like "Yeah, he is! :awesome:" lol

SpiralDale
03-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I submitted my bands cover of Hysteria as my ensemble performance for Music GCSE.

I got an A :D

Redrosel
03-02-2010, 05:20 PM
No, I don't really have any "cool professors", so to speak. They're all very dull and elderly. They don't seem like they would listen to Muse...but who knows. There is a painting of some guy by the cafeteria that looks just like Matt! I stare at it every time I walk by. I should take a picture of it.

Oh and the only Muse related conversation i've had there so far was last week. I have a picture of Matt as the wallpaper on my phone, and some girl was like "Oh, is that your boyfriend? He's so cute!" And I was like "Yeah, he is! :awesome:" lol

Omg, that's really :LOL:
And you should take a pic of it and post it here, as should everyone else here who have seen matt-look-alikes :happy:

Do you know teachers/other people who like them? No teachers, but I recently found out some fellow-students do :)

- Do you have conversations about them? Well, if I talk about music with anyone, ofcourse I mention Muse a couple of times...

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band? I'm in a band, and we've done Time Is Running Out, and In Your World (not with the band I'm in right now though, they don't really like Muse that much :()

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messages? Noo, but I'll start doing that from now on :p Maybe: "YOU WILL NOT CONTROL US" on my teacher's table? :rolleyes:

- Do you stick posters up of them? I've just bought my first poster via the Muse official shop, cos that's teh only way for me to get my hands on it -.-

- Do you draw/paint them in art? Yeah, as a future artist (I hope) I draw a lot, so I've drawn muse a couple of times. I'm actually planning to do a big poster soon :D

Alliana0x
03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I have a tendency to doodle Muse on most desks at my school.. :$ I also circle anything vaguely Muse-related in textbooks :) I play flute (Grade 8) and have never tried to play any of their songs, but I have all the piano sheet music on my computer so will probably at some point soon.. :D

I have one friend who's almost as obsessed as I am with them, but the rest of my friends are all like.. 'they're on the Twilight soundtrack aren't they?' and I'm like 'yeahh.. :indiff: ' Don't think I'd dare ask any of my teachers if they liked them! :p

beatlesmaniac98
03-02-2010, 11:59 PM

eg:

must say yes to the art conversations and teachers part....my gym teacher actually saw them live.....

cherry lips
04-02-2010, 12:22 PM
well you know....my friend Boris started calling me Muse for some reason,and my history teacher know that i like them..and my whole class knows how much i love them...
I had german today and i had to say what my fav band was and before i did couple of kids were yelling "Muse,Muse...." :)
'

eyduh
04-02-2010, 01:07 PM
once i was sitting outside the classroom with some of my friends,and i was listening to plug in baby relly loud,and the english teacher that was in the classroom came out and said "I love Muse too,but my students are writing a test so could you lower it down?"

i was like *jaw drops to the floor*.no one barely knows about muse,and i have a teacher that loves them. :awesome:

lottiefunk
04-02-2010, 04:51 PM

eg:

1. Yes, my psychology teacher loves Muse. But I hate her so:p
2. Yes, me and my ex both love Muse, and when in Psycholgy my teacher often bugs me about them as I am more hardcore than her:D
3. When I did music, yes I learnt a few Muse songs, but I suck.
4. Yep. I have drew muse on a whiteboard and put Matt saying my answers 8)
5. Yes, my locker is covered in muse stuff, so are my folders

MegInABag
04-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I try to link Muse into every subject I have.
For my ISU last semester I did a half hour presentation about Muse. I wanted to go longer but my teacher cut me short. But because of my presentation I got almost the whole class hooked on them. A lot of people in my English class this semester want me to do another one on Muse because they liked learning about them and all that! :LOL:
For my art projects I do video art so I usually make videos that include Muse somehow (last year in Media Studies I did a music video for Starlight and got a 90% I was so happy)

I have one friend who is just as obsessed with Muse as I am. She's actually the one who got me hooked. We talk about them all the time and we make weird posters and post them around the school. Like, first day back for second semester we posted some flyers that said "Matt Bellamy Commands You!!" and it had a whole bunch of photos of Matt's weird faces and then at the bottom it had the URL's of Muse.mu Microcuts.net and their Twitter.

We have fun.
I only know one teacher who likes them, but she likes all kinds of music so.
... And she has like 70 cats .... 3 of which are named Matt, Dom and Chris. :LOL:

supermassivemuselover
04-02-2010, 07:46 PM
my form tutor is a muse fan and saw them at wembley. the day i found this she became the most awesome teacher ever!
some of friends like muse, some of them have heard of them and one who i have tried endlessly to convert to the ways of maffoo and the gang is still worshipping the evil that be jls. :noey:
Whenever we get the chance to use the keyboards in music i always do a little musing for a warm up then get a bit carried away and end up playing muse the whole lesson instead of the task in hand. lesson well spent!
Every book/planner/whiteboard/ non ink resistant surface gets it's own Muse logo to spread the love. . and regular muse references can be found in homework of mine. A's all round :musesign:

Falling.Down.
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
My English teacher and my tutor both love them. My English teacher's going to Wembley in September.. I'm hoping I don't see her there!
I'm actually in the middle of a really [like, 5 month long] argument about Muse vs Slipknot with my best friends. ^.^
I draw Muse in my books, on my books, on whiteboards, write lyrics everywhere, quote them in papers...

We were watching USoE live in Music, and all my class know I love them.
So as the Queen part kicked in, my class started chanting, "Emo, Emo, Emo". Needless to say, they're all JLS and Jonas Brothers fans.
I turned around, and laughed. I was like, "You're kidding, right? You think Muse are Emo? How thick can you get?"
And then everyone started chanting "Goth, Goth, Goth."
I mean, what the actual fuck?

Nutmegs
04-02-2010, 08:21 PM
The back of my books are covered in doodles/quotes ect

My stats teacher likes them, he asked me what i was doing at the weekend last week and i said watching hullabaloo and he was like nice one, The next lesson he asked me a question I was daydreaming and he said "Oh dear Megan's still thinking about hullabaloo" :LOL: The rest of my class apart from my best friend didnt know what is was haha

supermassivemuselover
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM

So as the Queen part kicked in, my class started chanting, "Emo, Emo, Emo". Needless to say, they're all JLS and Jonas Brothers fans.
I turned around, and laughed. I was like, "You're kidding, right? You think Muse are Emo? How thick can you get?"

god i know how you feel. anything that is not utter shite ( jls, justin bieber etc) is emo. i mean jesus! what has the world come to?

Kirby
04-02-2010, 09:17 PM

:LOL: I'm going to try that.

I wish I had teachers that were into Muse but sadly... no.

I draw the logo and/or lyrics on every desk, though, and I often zone out and doodle album artwork on assignments. :)

Oh, and I play the xylophone in band, I played all my Muse songs from the piano on there...

Elise<3sMuse
05-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I write stuff like 'Bellamy for Prime Minister', ...
My friend gave me a badge of Matt, and nearly every teacher said 'Who's that?' :facepalm: ...
I don't draw them as I can't draw, and it would be an insult to their beauty

"Bellamy for Prime Minister" = WIN!

once i got detention for 'defacing' a library book(it was a greek history book, it mentioned 'muse' so i tore out the page and underlined muse and stuck it in the girls bathroom) but that's it.

HA! that's pretty epic

There is a painting of some guy by the cafeteria that looks just like Matt! I stare at it every time I walk by. I should take a picture of it.

MADE OF WIN!

I submitted my bands cover of Hysteria as my ensemble performance for Music GCSE.

I got an A :D

excellent job :D

I have a tendency to doodle Muse on most desks at my school.. :$ I also circle anything vaguely Muse-related in textbooks :) I play flute (Grade 8) and have never tried to play any of their songs, but I have all the piano sheet music on my computer so will probably at some point soon..

I have one friend who's almost as obsessed as I am with them, but the rest of my friends are all like.. 'they're on the Twilight soundtrack aren't they?' and I'm like 'yeahh.. :indiff: ' Don't think I'd dare ask any of my teachers if they liked them! :p

stupid twilight obsessed....

once i was sitting outside the classroom with some of my friends,and i was listening to plug in baby relly loud,and the english teacher that was in the classroom came out and said "I love Muse too,but my students are writing a test so could you lower it down?"

i was like *jaw drops to the floor*.no one barely knows about muse,and i have a teacher that loves them. :awesome:

:LOL: awesome!!!

I try to link Muse into every subject I have.
For my ISU last semester I did a half hour presentation about Muse. I wanted to go longer but my teacher cut me short. But because of my presentation I got almost the whole class hooked on them. A lot of people in my English class this semester want me to do another one on Muse because they liked learning about them and all that!
For my art projects I do video art so I usually make videos that include Muse somehow (last year in Media Studies I did a music video for Starlight and got a 90% I was so happy)

I have one friend who is just as obsessed with Muse as I am. She's actually the one who got me hooked. We talk about them all the time and we make weird posters and post them around the school. Like, first day back for second semester we posted some flyers that said "Matt Bellamy Commands You!!" and it had a whole bunch of photos of Matt's weird faces and then at the bottom it had the URL's of Muse.mu Microcuts.net and their Twitter.

We have fun.
I only know one teacher who likes them, but she likes all kinds of music so.
... And she has like 70 cats .... 3 of which are named Matt, Dom and Chris.

I can't possibly put in enough smilies to show my lolziness at the moment. THESE STORIES ARE AWESOME! WIN!

Whenever we get the chance to use the keyboards in music i always do a little musing for a warm up then get a bit carried away and end up playing muse the whole lesson instead of the task in hand. lesson well spent!
Every book/planner/whiteboard/ non ink resistant surface gets it's own Muse logo to spread the love. . and regular muse references can be found in homework of mine. A's all round :musesign:

I always do that in music :$ sorta just start playing muse and never wanting to stop. even though you have to be learning something

The back of my books are covered in doodles/quotes ect

My stats teacher likes them, he asked me what i was doing at the weekend last week and i said watching hullabaloo and he was like nice one, The next lesson he asked me a question I was daydreaming and he said "Oh dear Megan's still thinking about hullabaloo" :LOL: The rest of my class apart from my best friend didnt know what is was haha

HAHAHA! sounds like an awesome teacher : )

I draw the logo and/or lyrics on every desk, though, and I often zone out and doodle album artwork on assignments.

Whoa not even I would be able to scribble album artwork on assignments. Your inspire me! lol

& also, its not really at school, but the album artwork talk made me remember. I have this little white dress, and whenever I wear it, it reminds me of the girl on the cover of Showbiz , so I pretend Im her :facepalm: :happy:

super_assassin
05-02-2010, 09:39 AM

OHMYGOD! same thing happened to meeeeee!
i lied to herrr. i was like 'chyeeeeaaah, he's pretty cute, hey?' :LOL:

super_assassin
05-02-2010, 09:57 AM
my ceramics teacher saw the front of my diary (which has a big photo of muse on it :D) and said...
'hey! that's muse! you're i fan, i suppose?'
'ahahaha, i sure am. they're bloody amazing!'
'yeah, they really are, hey?'

^^ EEEEEEK! she's definitely my favourite teacher now. SHE LIKES MUUUUUUSE!

i've also written the muse logo on tables in class (derrr, who hasn't?!) and here is a photo of one i did on wednesday during...maths! :

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq261/booshluvr96/DSC00653.jpg

look, i know it's a bit crappy. but it's the best i could do with a pen, a wooden surface and 3 minutes of class time left :)

-resistance-
05-02-2010, 11:53 AM
- I ALWAYS talk with my best friend about Muse.
- I have drawn the Muse logo on my desk and on my schoolbag and I write Muse lyrics wherever available.
- I can play the "I belong to you" bass clarinet solo on the clarinet.

BeckyBliss
05-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I got B in my Muse English presentation yesterday! :D I talk about Muse everyday without fail, i doodled Muse on a table in college a week ago and when i came back to it i had another message saying 'OH!' so yeah kinda having a conversation with some randomer on a table.... :p

Elise<3sMuse
02-03-2010, 06:59 AM
:( this thread's died a bit. Any more storwies? :unsure:

:happy:

alyssa_
02-03-2010, 07:10 AM
I was in Music Appreciation class today and I could hear someone playing Exogenesis pt 3 on the piano in one of the practice rooms. :eek:

I wanted to run out of class and meet whoever that was playing. :LOL:

Elise<3sMuse
02-03-2010, 07:29 AM
I was in Music Appreciation class today and I could hear someone playing Exogenesis pt 3 on the piano in one of the practice rooms. :eek:

I wanted to run out of class and meet whoever that was playing. :LOL:

:awesome: !!!
I taught myself that on piano :D.... may need to practice a bit before its perfect, though :$

NicePockets
02-03-2010, 08:23 AM
- Do you know teachers/other people who like them? sadly no, i don't think so :(

- Do you have conversations about them? :LOL: only ALL THE TIME! with anyone who'll listen... and even those who won't :p

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band? i DID for music in yr 8, played TiRO on violin... got a shit mark cos the teacher didn't know/like the song :fear:
and then i can play a bunch of their songs on piano/guitar/violin *is pwoud*

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges? ALL THE TIME! on desks, on random scraps of paper, one time (the friday before TR came out i think, or it was the day Uprising first aired) i wrote "the fat cat's had a heart attack" on the board in science, was so cool :awesome:

- Do you stick posters up of them? no, my school's all tight, they would kill me :noey:

- Do you draw/paint them in art? i always doodle lyrics and make references to them, i just started a little cartoon of them :happy:

plus i try to make at least one reference to them in every project/speech/anything i do :D

like in one speech ( it was 15 minutes long :/) i managed to make 4 references (one of which was visual) to them! and this is currently written on the back page of my science project logbook:

i was SO proud of myself... i really hope she(my teacher) somehow looks at that last page :LOL: partly cos i don't like her and it'd weird her out :p

notyounaanbread
02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
* In music we are, as a project like making our on little bands aand i MANAGED to pursade my friends to let me do startlight... and we are! :D Im on drums.

*Soon also in art as im taking it we are gonna draw albums covers, still dont which to choose, Which would be best? Anyone know?

Alienferret
02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
err yes my physics teacher likes them, and everything else i like to that matter:mad::(:(, at the mo im doing a big A2 sheet of muse pics in art, my mates tape my mouth up to stop me talkin about muse as they would rather talk about take that so i put ear plugs in, i constantly put in muse lyrics into english and my teacher says ive seen you write that before:happy: and i constantly draw veins on my wrists in boring lessons like english and people pick on me for being weird, dunno why????;):rolleyes:

beatlesmaniac98
02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
My English teacher and my tutor both love them. My English teacher's going to Wembley in September.. I'm hoping I don't see her there!
I'm actually in the middle of a really [like, 5 month long] argument about Muse vs Slipknot with my best friends. ^.^
I draw Muse in my books, on my books, on whiteboards, write lyrics everywhere, quote them in papers...

im sorry but the chanting part was actually veryyy funny :LOL:

Elise<3sMuse
19-03-2010, 07:56 AM
I found out my friend maddy could play knights of cydonia on guitar :eek:
& she also quickly tried to learn the opening hysteria bass riff for me one time in music :happy:

Also, a couple of weeks ago at the end of english, we had a couple of minutes left, so the class played hangman :facepalm: anyway I was thinking "I should go up and do 'floccinaucinihilipilification'" .... or "muse" at the very least. but by the time I got up to the board, everyone was not really paying attention and were all about to leave (it was the last period of the day) so I quickly wrote MUSE up on the board :D
The teacher looked over and said, "muse- thats a good word. geez, you guys have such a good vocabulary"
me -> :awesome: !!
I left it on the board when the bell went :yesey: :happy:

& & & lastly I was writing a short story, and I wrote the word "assistance"
an epic revelation came to me when I realised that if you broke the word in 2 ( ass | istance) it would be half assassin, half resistance!!!
yes, I realise its an ultimate :facepalm:

laurenn1
19-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Ooh I have a story. Well guess who managed to get 'Hoodoo' played in the school Easter play- right in the crucifixion scene:happy:

superimposition
19-03-2010, 08:20 AM
We are allowed to listen to our CDs during art. I brought TR the other day. They liked it until UD, but they all went 'WTF' during UsOE

Riveon
19-03-2010, 09:01 AM
We are allowed to listen to our CDs during art. I brought TR the other day. They liked it until UD, but they all went 'WTF' during UsOE
Well, I was like that when I first heard the song, and I'm a fan, so it's probably not a surprise. :LOL:

Elise<3sMuse
19-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Ooh I have a story. Well guess who managed to get 'Hoodoo' played in the school Easter play- right in the crucifixion scene:happy:

:eek: that is epicly :awesome: !!
*applauds*

:LOL::LOL:
oh well :rolleyes:

laurenn1
19-03-2010, 09:55 AM
:eek: that is epicly :awesome: !!
*applauds*

oh well :rolleyes:

Why thankyou :LOL: I do try. I just happened to have a copy of BHAR in my bag I was lending someone and I took over the CD player and muscled it in there

Calliope.
19-03-2010, 10:52 AM

I hate how peope rip off Muse. All my friends know I love Muse and taunt me by saying how boring they are!!

Anyway, heres some Muse stuff that happens at my school:

- My twin sister & I talk about them all the time, no one else really seems to like Muse in the entire school

- In Music, for my final exams, 3 out of 4 songs I have to perform, I chose Muse (I play the drums, my sister the guitar)

- I'm not sure about my teachers liking Muse but in music once:

my teacher makes us analyse songs, and once she chose Sunburn!! (I almost died with excitement) and when people said it was boring and Matt sounded whiny, she defended it, so she must like them a bit. Although she doesnt recognise their other songs....

- I doodle Muse stuff everywhere, the logo, Matt Chris and Dom,

- In my practise creative writing story I wrote the characters as Matt Dom and Chris....

- While listening to 'United states of Eurasia' I accidentaly answered the roll by singing 'SIA'

- When I write words like 'uprising', 'resistance', 'sober' or other song names as notes in my books, I put hearts around them.

Elise<3sMuse
20-03-2010, 12:43 AM
I hate how peope rip off Muse. All my friends know I love Muse and taunt me by saying how boring they are!!

Anyway, heres some Muse stuff that happens at my school:

- - In Music, for my final exams, 3 out of 4 songs I have to perform, I chose Muse (I play the drums, my sister the guitar)

- I'm not sure about my teachers liking Muse but in music once:

my teacher makes us analyse songs, and once she chose Sunburn!! (I almost died with excitement) and when people said it was boring and Matt sounded whiny, she defended it, so she must like them a bit. Although she doesnt recognise their other songs....

- I doodle Muse stuff everywhere, the logo, Matt Chris and Dom,

- In my practise creative writing story I wrote the characters as Matt Dom and Chris....

- While listening to 'United states of Eurasia' I accidentaly answered the roll by singing 'SIA'

- When I write words like 'uprising', 'resistance', 'sober' or other song names as notes in my books, I put hearts around them.

yeah that sucks :( sometimes my friends will diss muse simply because they know I love them :fear: but they only do it to get a reaction

the stuff you get up to in school is so :awesome: !
oh & btw I love the way you answeed the roll :LOL: :LOL:

Calliope.
20-03-2010, 05:53 AM
yeah that sucks :( sometimes my friends will diss muse simply because they know I love them :fear: but they only do it to get a reaction

My friends do it for a reaction too, although I get the feeling they'e sick of hearing about them and other Muse references they dont understand.

Haha thanks, I must say, answering 'SIA!' to roll should be mandatory.

rainingradioheads
20-03-2010, 05:55 AM
My Bio teacher played Absolution in class once (it's on the school computers).

Everyone hated it.

Calliope.
21-03-2010, 03:21 AM
My Bio teacher played Absolution in class once (it's on the school computers).

Everyone hated it.

You're teacher has good taste.

pokemew
21-03-2010, 04:15 AM

eg:

I'm always talking about them in some way :chuckle: I also have now a long-time muse fan (and friend. she knew them for more years than I did) who got dom-converted because of me :LOL:
I draw muse sometimes on the chalkboard when I'm bored. I draw them sometimes in my notebooks.
I'm in Arts, so I already did some stuff for drawing classes based on Muse, and when teacher said for us to do a false-stained glass, I thought of The Resistance cover, and I'm doing it :D
Every time a friend of mine is laying acoustic guitar at school, I ask him to play muse eheh.

And, some weeks ago, we had this informatics week, where the computers and such were in the hall. One of the computers was always playing Muse out loud :stunned: it was the first time I heard muse at my school. Never thought I would see that day come. :pope: one of the best parts is where I'm going downstairs to the hall, with Apocalypse Please playing out loud. EPIC.
And there was songs from showbiz, to the resistance, even b-sides. I don't know who did it....wish I knew...a teacher? a informatics student?
but I was always sticked around it, singing and dancing and headbanging :chuckle: friends had to pull me off there (by force) for me to go to classes

and they know that, if they say Muse sucks (or any other band I love), just to annoy me or with no reason, they'll get kicked in their ass. THey don't do it :yesey:

Elise<3sMuse
21-03-2010, 04:36 AM
^^^ :LOL:

its good to know that Im not alone. Other people are pretty much as obsessive & shameless as I am in public/school

pokemew
21-03-2010, 04:47 AM
^^^ :LOL:

its good to know that Im not alone. Other people are pretty much as obsessive & shameless as I am in public/school

what a great description :p

Calliope.
21-03-2010, 04:53 AM
I'm in Arts, so I already did some stuff for drawing classes based on Muse, and when teacher said for us to do a false-stained glass, I thought of The Resistance cover, and I'm doing it :D

and they know that, if they say Muse sucks (or any other band I love), just to annoy me or with no reason, they'll get kicked in their ass. THey don't do it :yesey:

That stained glass Resistance will be :awesome:

And youre lucky youre friends respect you like that, or maybe I should toughen up and kick them too?

pwoper_muse_lover
21-03-2010, 07:08 AM
I do Art at school and since this is my final year, we have to do only one huge artwork and submit it at the end of the year. It has to have a strong concept that can be thoroughly expressed in an artistic way.

My concept is:

SPACE DEMENTIA!!

Thanks, Matt for giving me this epic idea.

I also go to the music rooms at school and rock out to Plug In Baby and various other Muse songs. I try to play it loud so people in class can hear its awesomness ask me what I'm playing cause it sounds good, I say "muse" and since many of the people in the class think they dislike muse they have nothing to say but "oh...pretty good...didn't know they played stuff like that..."

Elise<3sMuse
21-03-2010, 07:28 AM
I go to the music rooms at school and rock out to Plug In Baby and various other Muse songs. I try to play it loud so people in class can hear its awesomness ask me what I'm playing cause it sounds good, I say "muse" and since many of the people in the class think they dislike muse they have nothing to say but "oh...pretty good...didn't know they played stuff like that..."

:eek: :awesome: :musesign: :LOL:

rainingradioheads
21-03-2010, 03:43 PM
You're teacher has good taste.

No, it's on the school computers, he just played it to make me happy.

Miss Confusion
21-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I thought about writing my thesis on Muse. I had to decide to go for another topic eventually but I'm still thinking about it and maybe I will write an academic article :)

Calliope.
22-03-2010, 02:11 AM
I also go to the music rooms at school and rock out to Plug In Baby and various other Muse songs. I try to play it loud so people in class can hear its awesomness ask me what I'm playing cause it sounds good, I say "muse" and since many of the people in the class think they dislike muse they have nothing to say but "oh...pretty good...didn't know they played stuff like that..."

Yeah, we blow their minds! Well we try to anyway...

seraphrevan
22-03-2010, 03:11 AM
The pastry/dessert/ice cream place in my cafeteria is called "Bliss"! :D

Elise<3sMuse
22-03-2010, 06:57 AM
The pastry/dessert/ice cream place in my cafeteria is called "Bliss"! :D

:awesome:

I snuck a lyric from Feeling Good into my short story... I tried to make it subtle, though. I think I wrote something like
"It was a new dawn, a brand new day... and everyone was feeling pretty good." :$
And I called that story Man Of Mystery...

pwoper_muse_lover
22-03-2010, 12:07 PM
:awesome:

I snuck a lyric from Feeling Good into my short story... I tried to make it subtle, though. I think I wrote something like
"It was a new dawn, a brand new day... and everyone was feeling pretty good." :$
And I called that story Man Of Mystery...

+1

I had my engilsh exam today that included creative writing section. I managed to squeeze in some Muse lyrics. But now I've read your post, I've forgotten what it was that I wrote...

I bet it will come to me later on and I'll be like :facepalm:

Calliope.
23-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Hehe, I also put Muse in my creative writing task about belonging:

"Do you even speak French?"
"Yes, Mon couer s'ourve a ta voix"
"What does that even mean?"
"My heart opens itself to you voice."

Elise<3sMuse
23-03-2010, 09:00 AM
+1

I had my engilsh exam today that included creative writing section. I managed to squeeze in some Muse lyrics. But now I've read your post, I've forgotten what it was that I wrote...

I bet it will come to me later on and I'll be like :facepalm:

:LOL:
uh oh, I have an english assessment task tomorrow on creative writing..... :p

Hehe, I also put Muse in my creative writing task about belonging:

"Do you even speak French?"
"Yes, Mon couer s'ourve a ta voix"
"What does that even mean?"
"My heart opens itself to you voice."

:LOL: :awesome: WIN!

Calliope.
24-03-2010, 05:38 AM
:LOL: :awesome: WIN!

Haha, thanks, good luck in your task hope you managed to squeeze some Muse in!

Elise<3sMuse
24-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Haha, thanks, good luck in your task hope you managed to squeeze some Muse in!

:) you're welcome
and thankyou :happy: I think I did ok.... and yes, I managed to sneak in a lyric from Guiding Light :chuckle:

Calliope.
24-03-2010, 06:31 AM
:) you're welcome
and thankyou :happy: I think I did ok.... and yes, I managed to sneak in a lyric from Guiding Light :chuckle:

Well done! :LOL:

Lemonpiepie
24-03-2010, 08:56 AM
There is a class set of graphics calculators at my school, and when you turn them on the same thing pops up that was being done last time. So before I hand mine in at the end of the lesson I usually write muse lyrics in them.

Today's was the uprising chorus. :p

Elise<3sMuse
24-03-2010, 09:58 AM
There is a class set of graphics calculators at my school, and when you turn them on the same thing pops up that was being done last time. So before I hand mine in at the end of the lesson I usually write muse lyrics in them.

Today's was the uprising chorus. :p

:LOL: :LOL: awesome

notyounaanbread
24-03-2010, 07:36 PM

Yes so do my friends... but they get what the desever.
Just after Uprising had come out, me and a friend were watching NME TV and Uprsing came one for the first time, and I literaly squeaked with happiness but she rushed over and turned the TV off. This of course resulted in me pushing her to the ground.... eventuly I got it back on though, this is only becuase she had recived a flesh wound... I bit her. :$

Today in a science test i noticed that the plugs in from of me said 'MK'(Thats the make) on them... I of coruse wrote 'Ultra' beside it.

Calliope.
25-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Just after Uprising had come out, me and a friend were watching NME TV and Uprsing came one for the first time, and I literaly squeaked with happiness but she rushed over and turned the TV off. This of course resulted in me pushing her to the ground.... eventuly I got it back on though, this is only becuase she had recived a flesh wound... I bit her. :$

Today in a science test i noticed that the plugs in from of me said 'MK'(Thats the make) on them... I of coruse wrote 'Ultra' beside it.

+1 thats something I would've done! :LOL:

Elise<3sMuse
26-03-2010, 10:14 AM

:eek: :LOL: :LOL: OMG that is legendary! I mean, I kinda feel for your friend... but I spose she deserved it a bit :p

Elise<3sMuse
29-03-2010, 07:46 AM
OMG I had the most musey day at school today :awesome:

First, it was my friends birthday, so another friend brought along heaps of balloons, and all of us signed them. Anyway, the balloons had smiley faces on them, and most of them were pink/purple, but one of them was green and I swear it looked like a zeta. so everyone was writing all these happy birthday messeges, and on the green balloon, I wrote:
ZETA wishes you a happy birthday

Also, the birthday girl got an ipod touch (so jealous :ninja:) and we saw how you could do all your emails on them. It had a list of email things like hotmail & yahoo, and anyway there was this huge logo of AOL & Im like omg! qua.aol.com went through my head :p

At lunch time, we had yummy homemade cake and were somehow allowed to have a mini party in a science lab. We had the radio on, and I left for about 10 mins to go to the canteen, then the front office. It was so predicatable what was going to happen when I got back to the science lab. I saw it coming. When I walked in, everyone said "omg elise you just missed MUSE! Undisclosed Desires was just on the radio...." :facepalm: fail my life.

& last today, in english our teacher gave us a selection of books to read from, "all considered to be classics". The first book I saw was definitely the one I was going to read. It was 1984 by George Orwell :dance: When I saw it, I was like :stunned: you're kidding, that's.... :eek: OMG! :LOL: :eek: :LOL: :stunned: I can't believe this :LOL:
& when I actually started to read i, I nearly started hyperventilating at the very thought that Matthew God Bellamy read all those words, the same book I was reading in its entirety... it was so overwhelming
:$
:matt:

so yeah, that was my day

EDIT: oh & in geography, the teacher quoted something from the Shakespearean play charles II (?) something like "i wasted time, and now doth waste me" to give us the messege of not wasting precious time in class. I was SO INCREDIBLY TEMPTED to write below that "don't waste your time, or time will. waste. you." :D

Tunavi
29-03-2010, 09:24 AM
showed my friend at my university Stockholm from glastonbury 04...hes hooked

Calliope.
30-03-2010, 10:59 PM

First, it was my friends birthday, so another friend brought along heaps of balloons, and all of us signed them. Anyway, the balloons had smiley faces on them, and most of them were pink/purple, but one of them was green and I swear it looked like a zeta. so everyone was writing all these happy birthday messeges, and on the green balloon, I wrote:

Also, the birthday girl got an ipod touch (so jealous :ninja:) and we saw how you could do all your emails on them. It had a list of email things like hotmail & yahoo, and anyway there was this huge logo of AOL & Im like omg! qua.aol.com went through my head :p

At lunch time, we had yummy homemade cake and were somehow allowed to have a mini party in a science lab. We had the radio on, and I left for about 10 mins to go to the canteen, then the front office. It was so predicatable what was going to happen when I got back to the science lab. I saw it coming. When I walked in, everyone said "omg elise you just missed MUSE! Undisclosed Desires was just on the radio...." :facepalm: fail my life.

& last today, in english our teacher gave us a selection of books to read from, "all considered to be classics". The first book I saw was definitely the one I was going to read. It was 1984 by George Orwell :dance: When I saw it, I was like :stunned: you're kidding, that's.... :eek: OMG! :LOL: :eek: :LOL: :stunned: I can't believe this :LOL:
& when I actually started to read i, I nearly started hyperventilating at the very thought that Matthew God Bellamy read all those words, the same book I was reading in its entirety... it was so overwhelming

so yeah, that was my day

EDIT: oh & in geography, the teacher quoted something from the Shakespearean play charles II (?) something like "i wasted time, and now doth waste me" to give us the messege of not wasting precious time in class. I was SO INCREDIBLY TEMPTED to write below that "don't waste your time, or time will. waste. you." :D

That is one awesome day!

haarpuna
31-03-2010, 01:13 AM
I once did a dance presentation to Feeling Good :D The stupid teacher (I really hated her so much for various reasons) gave me a bad grade though and said the music "didn't fit" :fear: :'(

AKillerMuse
31-03-2010, 01:27 AM
My best friend at school I a huge muse fan. He's great :D

ashleyski
31-03-2010, 02:14 AM

so yeah, that was my day

talk about the most legit muse day ever!!!!!!!!!! awsome i wish that would have happened to meee

Elise<3sMuse
31-03-2010, 06:19 AM
I once did a dance presentation to Feeling Good :D The stupid teacher (I really hated her so much for various reasons) gave me a bad grade though and said the music "didn't fit" :fear: :'(

:ohmy: :noey: that's really sad

haarpuna
31-03-2010, 10:00 PM
:ohmy: :noey: that's really sad

Yep, it was :( OK, I admit I'm not really good at dancing (or sports in general), but I did put thought and effort in it and was happy to be able to include Muse in my everyday school life, so screw her :fear: :p

AKillerMuse
31-03-2010, 10:05 PM
We've written a poem in English class before where we get to bring our iPods to class, put them on shuffle, and write the first line down from each song in poem form. Needless to say, around 90% of it at least was Muse. The rest was the Beatles and random crap. So yeah.

Elise<3sMuse
01-04-2010, 07:39 AM
so screw her :fear: :p

THAT'S the spirit! :D

We've written a poem in English class before where we get to bring our iPods to class, put them on shuffle, and write the first line down from each song in poem form. Needless to say, around 90% of it at least was Muse. The rest was the Beatles and random crap. So yeah.

:LOL: sounds like the ratio of music I listen to when it comes to muse :LOL:

Today at school was the last day of the term, so we werent really doing much work. For two periods, we were in computer labs, and I found this awesome website that you could listen to almost any song in the world on for free :happy: It has SO MUCH MUSE :stunned: even acoustic versions and live versions..... t'was awesome
so basically I was just basking in muse's glory for half the day :p

A pretty visitor
02-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Best thing ever happened today. In my business class we got this new assignment, basically in groups we have to come up with some sort of products and then sell them at school. We decided on juices and smoothies. And while doing all the planning and stuff, we spent 3 days trying to come up with a good name for our company anddddd today this guy from my group, who is a big Muse fan showed up wearing the tour shirt. In the middle of discussion this other guy randomly yells "HOW ABOUT MUSE JUICES AND SMOOTHIES?!?!?!" :musesign:

My reaction: YESYESYESCANWEDOTHATPWEATTYPWEASEGUYSAHHPLEASEPLEA SECAUSETHAT'SSOFUCKINGPWOPER:eek::kiss::awesome:

So everyone agreeing on it isn't even the best part...our slogan is:

"Drinks for absolution- shoots thirstiness away"

Okay though it sounds kinda lame :facepalm: It involves Muse, and that was my win of the day. And when we finish with the posters and adds I'm so posting the pictures on here!

Elise<3sMuse
02-04-2010, 04:53 AM
Best thing ever happened today. In my business class we got this new assignment, basically in groups we have to come up with some sort of products and then sell them at school. We decided on juices and smoothies. And while doing all the planning and stuff, we spent 3 days trying to come up with a good name for our company anddddd today this guy from my group, who is a big Muse fan showed up wearing the tour shirt. In the middle of discussion this other guy randomly yells "HOW ABOUT MUSE JUICES AND SMOOTHIES?!?!?!" :musesign:

My reaction: YESYESYESCANWEDOTHATPWEATTYPWEASEGUYSAHHPLEASEPLEA SECAUSETHAT'SSOFUCKINGPWOPER:eek::kiss::awesome:

So everyone agreeing on it isn't even the best part...our slogan is:

"Drinks for absolution- shoots thirstiness away"

Okay though it sounds kinda lame :facepalm: It involves Muse, and that was my win of the day. And when we finish with the posters and adds I'm so posting the pictures on here!

:eek::eek: holey crap! That is epic :awesome: I can't believe you get to do that!
& indeed it is F**KING PWOPER :D
o also the slogan is :awesome:

Muse are terrible
02-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Last year our music teacher liked them

All the time, with almost all of my friends. In fact it's partly how me and my ex first bonded. She said she wanted the band to get her pregnant. True story.

We had a Year 12 music band and we performed Starlight and Supermassive to the school. We also liked jamming on Sunburn, Hysteria, Time Is Running Out, Knights Of Cydonia, New Born... actually most of thier singles really.

No

No

No

HelloMrBellamy
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
There's this teaching assistant at my school who loves Muse, and everytime she's helping in a lesson I'm in, she'll say something about Muse :happy:
A few other teachers like them too, some went to the 02 when I was there
A few of my friends love them too, and most people in my school know I love them, so they bring Muse up when talking to me :facepalm:
I don't have a band, but I play piano and can play all their songs, or at least the chords exceteraaaa
Nah, although during an exam I looked at the doodles, and it said 'Hate This & I'll Love You' then I looked under my exam paper and it was covered in Muse quotes etc. :D I couldn't resist adding to it, then my friend wrote 'MATT BELLAMY IS MY HUSBAND' in sharpie :LOL:

Linn91
03-04-2010, 05:36 AM
I had a presentation about them once. In a class. Got a good grade :awesome. Analysed them and their music. Yup

Elise<3sMuse
03-04-2010, 06:15 AM
then my friend wrote 'MATT BELLAMY IS MY HUSBAND' in sharpie :LOL:

:LOL: ooooooohh thats hilarious :LOL: :D

Calliope.
21-04-2010, 03:19 AM
I'm at school now!! :awesome:

:ninja:

Calliope.
22-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Here's some quotes from my creative writing task on belonging:

"I know some French; Mon couer s'ourve a ta voix"

"She was my guiding light"

"Look to the stars"

"She is eternally missed"

"Bought tickets to see Muse live"

"When will this loneliness be over?"

:chuckle:

Victoroy
22-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I skipped English class to see Muse and now my professor is starting to like Muse :)

THATSxSOxFETCHx3
22-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Everytime I have my british literature class, and the lit circle books we read have an assigned role, so whenever I get the 'connect what you read to a song' I ALWAYS pick a muse song and relate it somehow...and that teacher likes them too so it works :D

Elise<3sMuse
26-04-2010, 02:10 AM
Here's some quotes from my creative writing task on belonging:

"I know some French; Mon couer s'ourve a ta voix"

"She was my guiding light"

"Look to the stars"

"She is eternally missed"

"Bought tickets to see Muse live"

"When will this loneliness be over?"

:chuckle:

:chuckle: :chuckle:

For me, there's been soo much muse now that school's back :awesome:
thanks in advance if you can be bothered to read it all

in english our teacher told us a way that we should think about poetry: MUSE
she literally was right in front of me and said muuuuuuuse really slowly, like she was introducing this new word to the class. me ->:eek: :happy: :LOL: all of my frinds were saying my name because they know i love muse, and a friend of mine who also really likes muse (bless her) who was sitting at the back of the class got my attention and said MUSE! with the rock on hand gesture :happy: o after that the teacher wrote MUSE in capital letters on the white board. at the end of the lesson, i wrote "rocks" after it :ninja:

that same lesson the teacher started going on about the TRUTH

in music one time i was looking through a bunch of books on guitar songs you could learn. on the front cover of one it listed some notable bands inside the book- MUSE WAS LISTED ON THE FRONT! WITH a pic of Matt!!! Plug In Baby was the song, and I can now play the guitar riff on piano :happy:

A good friend of mine got my ipod and said "OMG YOU HAVE 113 MUSE SONGS?!!" im like yeahh :D and she said "ill give you a muse quiz. ill say the name of the song, and you have to try and guess which album its off"
of course I got basically all of them right & heaps of them were off singles. I reckon she said at least 25 songs, too. i think the only ones i needed hints for were songs off cave and uno due to a total spontaneous brain drain. then I quizzed her on totally random muse trivia like what they called themselves before muse, and the name of dom's dog, hendrix (:unsure: wonder if hendrix's still around?) etc etc. it was fun :)

then on the bus i had a good convo with my friend who like muse (the one in the english story)

and yeah, thats about it :happy:

federa
26-04-2010, 04:56 AM
When my muse obsession was just beginning, I got really obsessed with drawing on my hands, so now whenever I'm feeling bored and particularly obsessed at school I'll draw the muse logo on the side of my index finger. I've converted my friend to musing, so now I draw veins and the muse logo on her arms during study hall (easier to draw on other people). I've gotton to be kind of known for it and random people in class have asked me to draw on them.

Also I had to put an art portfolio together around a unifying theme and I chose my theme to be perceptions of the future so that almost all of my pieces are inspired by their songs.

Another day I had to do an oral exam in french and one of the questions asked about a person I admired. Not being prepared, the only person that I could think of was matt so I talked to my 50 year old french teacher about my obsession for like three minutes. Awkward.:$

Elise<3sMuse
07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
About a week ago in music, I needed a cabasa, and the teacher's like "oh, a cabasa? I'll look for one" . Cabasa = morgan lolz :happy:
http://board.muse.mu/picture.php?albumid=2005&pictureid=22770

Calliope.
07-05-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm adding "origin of" in front of the word symmetry in my maths textbook :ninja:

Official Randomer
07-05-2010, 04:22 PM
I had my french speaking today (it went well, after all my worrying lmao) and I got asked about music. So of course I brought up Muse. :D

And like I said the other day in the Distracted Students thread, I drew the Resistance hexagons on my exam desk for the last 10 minutes of my English exam.

Such a valid use of time, I think.:LOL:

Elise<3sMuse
26-05-2010, 07:28 AM
This is perhaps the single most epic musing in school in my life

I innocently walk into music after lunch, when there's this senior guy trying to play something on the piano. It was as though he was just learning it, but it was immediately recognisable: sunburn.

I was like :eek: holey frikkin crap!!:D MUSE :happy: Hes playing muse!! :D SUNBURN!
I felt rather epic because I can play that really well :happy:

I would have gone up to him and said something like "You like muse??" but before I could, he got up with his friend and went away :(
After that, it took my heart rate a while to go down :$

Later that lesson, I played the new born intro on the piano, and someone walked in and went, whooooaa that was SO cool! and my friend whos really pro on the piano said 'wow I really like that. i want that song!"
I said 'yeah, thats new born by muse" :happy:

EDIT: I just had music, and the same guy was there playing sunburn. I was like swoonholeycrapmusehelikesmuse etc and then....he started playing eogenesis symphony prt 3 (redemption) !! :eek: The thing is I can play them both a bit better than he can :happy: lol
:D

Calliope.
26-05-2010, 07:37 AM
This is perhaps the single most epic musing in school in my life

I innocently walk into music after lunch, when there's this senior guy trying to play something on the piano. It was as though he was just learning it, but it was immediately recognisable: sunburn.

I was like :eek: holey frikkin crap!!:D MUSE :happy: Hes playing muse!! :D SUNBURN!
I felt rather epic because I can play that really well :happy:

I would have gone up to him and said something like "You like muse??" but before I could, he got up with his friend and went away :(
After that, it took my heart rate a while to go down :$

Later that lesson, I played the new born intro on the piano, and someone walked in and went, whooooaa that was SO cool! and my friend whos really pro on the piano said 'wow I really like that. i want that song!"
I said 'yeah, thats new born by muse" :happy:

I've just learnt New Born on piano, adn the teacher walked in sayinf, "Ooh thats creepy!' I said "yeah its Muse :awesome:" but she ignored me and talked to someone else.

Elise<3sMuse
28-05-2010, 12:37 PM
' I said "yeah its Muse :awesome:" but she ignored me and talked to someone else.

aww :LOL:

its kind of funny how whenever I talk about muse, I make the :awesome: face.
yes, its random, but i just realised that!

while im here...

this morning on the bus to school, it was raining heaps, so the windows on the inside of the bus had heaps of condensation on them. the 2 people I was sitting with (muse fans :awesome:) - we all drew all over the window, writing the logo and a billion song names :D
T'was epic :yesey:

InvincibleMicroStar
15-06-2010, 06:25 PM
When my friend was in detention she wrote on the board:

•No one's gonna take me alive

•You and I must fight to survive

The only Muse obsessed teacher in my school left a few weeks ago :( on the last lesson i had with her i wrote some muse lyrics on the board ;) she laughed :p lolz
My phone went off once in her lesson, she didn't take my phone because my ringtone was 'supermassive blackhole'. :D

I always draw cartoons of matt dom and chris in art.

In music I always play muse songs on the piano

All of my school books have muse-y decorations on them.

When I'm in ICT i search pictures of muse instead of doing my work :p

uprising34
15-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I was reading about Ancient Greek in Geography and one of the words in my textbook was "muse"... I circled it.

InvincibleMicroStar
16-06-2010, 07:30 AM
I couldnt reach the top window in my classroom and i couldnt get my muse obsessed teacher's attention so i wrote:
'im freeeeeezing,
and losing my way.' on the board.
She read it then wrote underneath:
'i don't need another map of your head.' then closed the window.
:D :p :D :p :D

Elise<3sMuse
16-06-2010, 08:01 AM
The only Muse obsessed teacher in my school left a few weeks ago :( on the last lesson i had with her i wrote some muse lyrics on the board ;) she laughed :p lolz
My phone went off once in her lesson, she didn't take my phone because my ringtone was 'supermassive blackhole'. :D

I couldnt reach the top window in my classroom and i couldnt get my muse obsessed teacher's attention so i wrote:
'im freeeeeezing,
and losing my way.' on the board.
She read it then wrote underneath:
'i don't need another map of your head.' then closed the window.
:D :p :D :p :D

owow you guys have awesome teachers! :D
I haven't found any teachers who like Muse :(
(yet :p)

alternaterealities
16-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I have one teacher that likes them, on several occassions she's told me about how she saw them in 2007. Last year when The Resistance came out, my friend and I decided to listen to it in class, and our teacher asked us what we were doing, and we told her we were listening to the new Muse album, and she asked us if she could hook it up to the speakers so she could hear it too :LOL: Then for the rest of the class she let us look up Muse lolz instead of doing work, and at the end of the class she asked us how the album was.
Also, this year, same teacher, I arrived to class late because I was buying Muse tickets. She asked me why, I said "sorry I was buying concert tickets" and she sighed. Then she came over and I said "I was buying Muse tickets" and she goes, "Muse? Oh, that's alright then!" :D

Alsoooo a couple of friends of a friend love Muse, and when they announced their Australian tour I was walking past one of them and we just stopped and immediately started chatting about Muse. We hadn't spoken in person for about three months :LOL: A week later, after I bought tickets, I walked past another of my friend's friends' who's a Muse fan, and he just grinned and said Muse tickets? and we proceeded to chat about how excited we were about getting tickets :LOL: There's actually heaaaaaps of Muse fans at my school. It's quite rad :D

And finally, in art last year, I was bored so I decided to draw the OoS cover in my folio. When my teacher was going through it she said she loved it :chuckle:

/ridiculously long and kinda pointless post

Elise<3sMuse
20-06-2010, 08:59 AM
I have one teacher that likes them, on several occassions she's told me about how she saw them in 2007. Last year when The Resistance came out, my friend and I decided to listen to it in class, and our teacher asked us what we were doing, and we told her we were listening to the new Muse album, and she asked us if she could hook it up to the speakers so she could hear it too :LOL: Then for the rest of the class she let us look up Muse lolz instead of doing work, and at the end of the class she asked us how the album was.
Also, this year, same teacher, I arrived to class late because I was buying Muse tickets. She asked me why, I said "sorry I was buying concert tickets" and she sighed. Then she came over and I said "I was buying Muse tickets" and she goes, "Muse? Oh, that's alright then!" :D

/ridiculously long and kinda pointless post

I lol'd :LOL:

& dont worry- rambling, funny posts is what this thread's about :p
I do it all the time

Calliope.
22-06-2010, 04:00 AM
The best conversion EVER!! (in school)

I have to analyse a piece of music and my music teacher has to mark it. So, I chose my favourite muse song, Hoodoo :awesome:

After she had marked it, she came to school and said she had to keep BH&R a little longer, cause she loved Hoodoo so much, she listened to it over and over again! She is going to burn it and use it as an example for every year that comes through from now on!!
She also said 3 times that she really likes Muse now (because everytime we do an aural task, I choose Muse) because they are really diverse and their music is so different, unique and they are very skilled :D
I think I win!

Elise<3sMuse
22-06-2010, 11:00 AM
The best conversion EVER!! (in school)

I have to analyse a piece of music and my music teacher has to mark it. So, I chose my favourite muse song, Hoodoo :awesome:

After she had marked it, she came to school and said she had to keep BH&R a little longer, cause she loved Hoodoo so much, she listened to it over and over again! She is going to burn it and use it as an example for every year that comes through from now on!!
She also said 3 times that she really likes Muse now (because everytime we do an aural task, I choose Muse) because they are really diverse and their music is so different, unique and they are very skilled :D
I think I win!

kjsiqhwlkhklgriorhwqnhi
:awesome: :awesome: that is TOO AWESOME TO PUT INTO WORDS!!!

jackparker
22-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Ooh! Cool thread!
I try but im probably the only muse fan in the whole school!
I have a band who despise muse sadly but i always try and interest them while when i asked my music teacher if he knew muse he just looked confused :(
Yeah. Usually i draw the logo in books and on tables etc.
I got a poster of them at goffertpark with the resistance artwork on one side and matt dom and chris on the other.
Nope not really but in art we were meant to make a clay caricature sculpture and i tried to
make matt

weird cOokie
22-06-2010, 04:19 PM
so today was the first day of finals here in italy.
our school system is quite a harshshitewtf thing,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matura#Maturit.C3.A0_in_Italy
as you can see, the first exam, the essay, is identical nation-wide.
you can choose between 1 text analysis, one of the 4 essays, and 2 other things i won't waste time talking about.
soooo one of these essays was about...
UFOs :awesome: :chuckle:
couldn't stop laughing, matt is taking over the world :LOL:
didn't choose that essay though, i couldn't stop thinking about random muse related things about alies, zetas and stuff AND the milan gig i went to.
so yeah, i don't want to know what i would've written if i chose that one.
like 'so, go and see muse live, they also have a pwetty UFO called bernie :awesome:'

:facepalm:

Elise<3sMuse
26-06-2010, 06:06 AM
so today was the first day of finals here in italy.
our school system is quite a harshshitewtf thing,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matura#Maturit.C3.A0_in_Italy
as you can see, the first exam, the essay, is identical nation-wide.
you can choose between 1 text analysis, one of the 4 essays, and 2 other things i won't waste time talking about.
soooo one of these essays was about...
UFOs :awesome: :chuckle:
couldn't stop laughing, matt is taking over the world :LOL:
didn't choose that essay though, i couldn't stop thinking about random muse related things about alies, zetas and stuff AND the milan gig i went to.
so yeah, i don't want to know what i would've written if i chose that one.
like 'so, go and see muse live, they also have a pwetty UFO called bernie :awesome:

:facepalm:

I should really comment on your awesome story.......but...... YOUR SIG :awesome: :LOL:

EDIT: zomg in double music today I taught myself the intros of In Your World and also Ruled By Secrecy :happy:

AviatorAsphyxiation
01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I had my first drum lesson today...

FKKALLAKGKAK!!

it was amazing. my teacher LIKES MUSE :dance: and he's gonna teach me TIRO. :awesome:

Mariska.
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
yes my history teacher and some other teachers I don't know :awesome:
and I sometimes hear people play muse songs from the music room
yes :happy:
- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messages?
my schoolbooks are full with lyrics :chuckle:
I used the artwork for butterflies and hurricanes in a collage :)

Lacey Rose
01-07-2010, 05:19 PM
The only teacher I had that really knew about Muse was my geometry teacher. He has all 5 albums (don't know about Hullabaloo and HAARP) but he played The Resistance one time in class while we did worksheet stuff. It was sweet. He also has Pandora (radio) on and there were a lot of Muse songs playing. I went bananas.

Muse doesn't come into daily conversation at my school since not a lot of people know them unless they're Twilight fans. Ahhh....I love my hicktown village (seriously, it's a village).

MyLostMuse
01-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Well there's a music teacher in my school who I always see playing random Muse bits on piano and Hysteria when he was sound checking bass and he's wore Muse shirts when on school trips and stuff, It's cool :awesome:

Elise<3sMuse
02-07-2010, 08:48 AM
I had my first drum lesson today...

FKKALLAKGKAK!!

it was amazing. my teacher LIKES MUSE :dance: and he's gonna teach me TIRO. :awesome:

jbejkglerqugb
:awesome: x100000000000000000000000
thats so cool!!!

Well there's a music teacher in my school who I always see playing random Muse bits on piano and Hysteria when he was sound checking bass and he's wore Muse shirts when on school trips and stuff, It's cool :awesome:

sick :D
I still haven't found any awesome teachers who like Muse :(

a few days ago, I was talking to my friends about when Ill be seeing Muse in december :awesome: I told them that I could stalk find them at the airport and meet them :happy:
one of my friends had a scenario in her head where Id meet Matt, give him a hug. Then he'd realise Im not letting go. all because I'd smeared superglue all over myself :chuckle:
bless her :happy:

Ami34
02-07-2010, 12:56 PM
There's quite a few people in my college who wear Muse t-shirts.I can't help but want to walk over to them and hug them.:D

Elise<3sMuse
02-08-2010, 12:25 PM
*revives from dead*

I found out today that of my friend's older sister is seeing Muse that date after Im seeing them when they're in Australia! :awesome:

also earlier today in class with a daft classmate:
Dude: Hey, you know Muse is coming to Australia later this year...?
Me: :rolleyes: :facepalm: Yes, I already know. That news is months old
Dude: ...in December
Me: I've already got my tickets :awesome: & Its 129 more days until I see them :D
Dude: Don't get too excited, now

Jaz_O
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I had this huge Muse conversation with a random girl at my school on the whiteboard. It started off with someone writing "Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever) - Muse" as the quote of the day, the day it came out. I wrote next to it, "Best band ever" and the next day I saw someone comment on it. It went for about 2 weeks before someone rubbed it off. It took up practically half the whiteboard. :happy: :LOL: Still don't know who the girl is though... :erm: