PDA

View Full Version : What do your friends think about Muse?

Pages : [1] 2

micaelams
27-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Some of mine say they are an "emo"band... Some say its alright, some say its creepy, some say: wtf? Is that really his voice!?! ....
What do your friends say?

And, are you planning to turn any of them into muser?

museilicious
27-12-2009, 09:08 AM
mine hate muse. it's a pity, really.
their opinion is that
- they sound too dark
- their music would make them crazy in the head for being too fast
- matt's voice doesn't sound like something they want to listen to on a regular basis
- the lyrics are crap

well, they listen to all sort of strange music, i try from time to time to get them into muse but no chance.
so i'll just enjoy the genius of muse's music by myself.

MegalomanicBliss
27-12-2009, 09:09 AM
My friends thought MUSE were okay. Then I got them obsessed, and they've become a quarter as bad as me (which would be somewhere around considering medical help :LOL:). My one friend started liking Dom, though. It's her teenage hormones. We're in a bit of an argument now, because she thinks she deserves my Dommie :rolleyes: Haha I got my stedpad into them too, he loves em. One of my friends does think they're too dark though.

alternaterealities
27-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I've got 3 friends that love Muse, and a couple who like them. One of my friends said Matt's voice was creepy :chuckle: But most of them like SMBH...that's about it though.

janine
27-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Their music taste sucks, seriously. Just 3 friends and they like it, ofcourse not so much as me.

Oh, feeling absolutely fucking great to terrorize them at my birthday with that Muse special on the radio :yesey:

Joseph.
27-12-2009, 09:25 AM
"Muse sucks"
"Disturbed is better"
"He is whiny"

etc etc.

watsername182
27-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Basically all my school friends only know them because of Twilight (and Guitar Hero). :facepalm:
Nearly everyone in my school is into hardcore/screamo music so Muse is too "light" for them.

Though some of my out of school friends like them but I don't get to see or talk to them very often so all I really know is that they like Muse.

eyduh
27-12-2009, 09:52 AM
well,a great deal of them doesn't even know who they are,but one of my friends says that they have good instrumental music,but that she hates bellamy's voice.:mad:

cherry lips
27-12-2009, 10:20 AM
my best friend Thariq says that he wants to start listening to them.my other best friend Maria likes them a lot.
but once my friend Mario said that plug in baby is not a good guitar riff and i wanted to stab him with a pen. srsly.

lady dementia
27-12-2009, 10:47 AM
"the vocalist sounds like he's having asthma"
"they sound weird"
"eww the vocalist is definitely gay"
"OH THE BAND WHOSE SONG IS ON TWILIGHT"

remind me again why am i friends with them?
:p

Riveon
27-12-2009, 10:52 AM
"the vocalist sounds like he's having asthma"
"they sound weird"
"eww the vocalist is definitely gay"
"OH THE BAND WHOSE SONG IS ON TWILIGHT"

:facepalm:

Becks
27-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Most: "Who?"
Few: "Mehhh."
Very few: "Didn't they have a song in Twilight?"
Even fewer: " :awesome: M :awesome: U :awesome: S :awesome: E :awesome:"

sankaba_
27-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Mine:
"WTF, is he fucking that guitar?! O.o"
"Awww.. Matt... mm.."
"Muse? .. ohh. those form Twilight. Yes, I like them"

it's really annoying when friends don't like them or say "well.. yeah.. they're cool.." or "MATT, I love u so much I could get laid with u!".. so.. I don't like their opinions. (Yes, I'm really weird xD)

So. I'm enjoying them alone (well, with my bro and mom too) ^^

Kimberley
27-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Most of my friends like Muse, but none of them are as obsessed as I am. But at least they know what I'm talking about if I say something Muse-y. Well most of the time anyway.

Erica-Jane
27-12-2009, 12:05 PM
My best friend got me into Muse, so obviously she loves them :LOL:

One of my other friends loves them too, I met her through Muse (kinda) :D.
My other friend tried to get into them this year, she's getting there...
And one of my friends hates them :( She didn't give them a proper listen before she was saying bad things. oh well :p

superimposition
27-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Twilight Fan (after listening to BHaR); SMBH is the best song, the other ones suck!!!!!11!! They are soooo weird :rolleyes:
Mainstream radio fan (after listening to Showbiz); I like Sunburn, MM and HTAILY the rest is a bit meh
Fan of Pink Floyd (after listening to HAARP) They sound good. SS and Micro Cuts are great tunes. But I like that song with the piano solo, B&H aswell.
The same guy after listening to Oos; Great album. They rock. I love Bliss and Micro Cuts and Space Dementia. But all songs are good.
Fan of System of A Down (after BHaR); KoC and Assassin are great, but Starlight and SMBH suck, tbh. The rest of the album is alright I guess...

the small printcess
My best friend loves Muse. My other friends who I don't talk to often can tolerate them but don't feel the need to own their albums or seek out any further songs/info from/about them. My imaginary friends have no input, they have to listen to Muse whether they like it or not.

Wozo
I have one friend that I've convert so that Muse is her second favourite band (after Green Day. :facepalm:) and I bomb her everyday on MSN with Mattpics and stuff like that. She calls me a geek, but I know she likes it. :awesome:

Then I have 2 other friends who likes them who also were with me and my first friend on the concert in October. :happy:

Other friends know that I adore them and they accept it, without making fun of them or stuff. :happy:

I caught one friend singing to Escape one time and I was like "WHICH SONG ARE YOU SINGING? :pope:" And she was like : "Escape? :erm:" I was just a :awesome:face after that, when I remembered that I'd send a few songs to her. :happy:

jammy777
27-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Nearly all of my friends like them, but only one like like them (have all their albums etc)

Most of my friends think I'm wierd for being obsessed over one band and I should broaden my taste.

However I got a team of 14 going to wembley 2010

Mariaq27
27-12-2009, 02:47 PM
My best friend really likes them because of me. Her favorite member is Dom. :D

My other best friend all the way in Florida also likes Muse because I got her into it. Although before I met her, she actually knew the songs: Unintended, Starlight, and SMBH.

My other close friend is giving them a second chance, so she's actually listening to the songs I reccomend for her. So now she likes: Uprising, Yes Please, Undisclosed Desires, Hyper Music, and recently: Nature_1.

My other friends don't give a crap about them. They just shun them away like they're crap. Well I keep talking about Muse to them, so I guess they're annoyed by me :p.

OriginOfShowbiz
27-12-2009, 02:54 PM
My friends hate them:stunned:
My best friend said "They're too depressing and creepy all the time unlike the Jonas Brothers (Me: :facepalm:) but SMBH is alright"

A lot of them are just like "Who?" :(

einafets
27-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Most of my friends like their music, maybe it's an "age" thing...when you're older you don't change your taste in music that much anymore and my friends listen to pwoper music. :LOL:

My best friend is almost as crazy as me, we went to two gigs this year together and we'll be going to Wembley too.

Natural_Disaster
27-12-2009, 03:17 PM
I got my best friend into Muse, she still only really knows the singles and newer songs, she can't even remember most of their names tbh, but she fancies Chris and is coming with me to Wembley :LOL:
Another friend loves SMBH, and when I played UD said she liked it. She's jealous that we're going to Wembley, even though she only really knows one song :rolleyes:
The others don't really know much about them, apart from the fact that I'm crazy about them :p

Citizen Erased
27-12-2009, 04:04 PM
One of my closest friends loves them, she is a Muser like me :awesome:

Another of my closest friends seems to enjoy slating them, but likes some of their songs like Escape, Exo Politics, Sing For Absolution and Hysteria

Other people hate them, my drummer despises Matt's voice, says 'he sounds like he's dying *does impression*'

Loads of my teachers love them, two of my geography teachers, my science teacher, my two singing teachers I've had, my guitar teacher :awesome:

And then some other friends like Supermassive Black Hole but just sort of...move away when I play them Showbiz or OoS songs :(

Suvi
27-12-2009, 04:25 PM
they think (know) i'm a crazy fan gurlh :awesome:

museyness
27-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I converted one of my friends who lives in Australia, and kept bugging her to get tickets to BDO in Sydney (which didn't happen, seeing as her mom took her out of the country somewhere) ...her brother's the other muser in her family, and he's in London (?) or something...AND he managed to see them at Leeds (I think)!! :)

Aquamarin
27-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Only one of my old schoolmates is a fan (actually it is a girl I never expected to be a fan of good music at all ahemnerdahem. She got to know them when she was an au pair in France and her host dad gave her two tickets to a show...lucky much? :LOL:).
The others mostly go "uh, well, it's so HARD. With all the guitars and stuff"...yer friends, I knew you all are rather embarrassing. You don't have to prove it :facepalm:

A lot of my "online" friends are fans as well though, I met most of them due to music anyway :happy:

CydonianCrystal
27-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I've got a bit of a mix:

-Who?
-Yeah they're ok I guess.
-Eww they're emo!!
-OMG I love Uprising and Supermassive Blackhole...and even Knights of Cydonia :stunned:
-MUUUUSEEEEEEE!!!!! (this particular person considers herself a big fan, even though she's only really heard SMBH, Starlight, MotP once and of course, Uprising)
-I like them, they're alright, but Butterflies and Hurricanes IS amazing, I'll give them that!!
-They're a bit pretentious. :indiff:

Schweppes
27-12-2009, 05:15 PM
My friends say "This song makes me want to fall asleep" :facepalm:

Furygirl
27-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Mostly they say "Who?'
My mom said "Well, if they're so great how come I've never heard of them?" :rolleyes:

I do have one friend who's a casual fan. I have no friends that share my taste in music. :(

Mizutsu
27-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Most of my friends love pop and country, even some rap. :facepalm:
But I've gotten them to like a few songs; I Belong To You (Because I listen to it constantly :LOL:), Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, and Supermassive Black Hole.
However, I completely converted one of my friends into a Muser, and she likes all of the good classic Muse songs like Plug In Baby, Megalomania, Cave, etc.

Tofu
27-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Well, most people I know either are already Muse fans in varying degrees. One of my roommates was like, "I love his voice, it's so pretty!" when I introduced her to them and I was like :dance: since that seems to be the main turnoff to the uninitiated.

The only person I know that I've talked about Muse with that didn't like them said that he thinks they're good, but it's just not his kind of music. He also doesn't really like the way Matt spreads the lyrics over long notes most of the time (He loved I Belong to You and Who Knows Who though :chuckle:)

Linn91
27-12-2009, 05:31 PM
My best friend got me into MUSE. They love them! :D

Hopix
27-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Most of mine just think they're ok or shit.

bagelsftw
27-12-2009, 05:35 PM
-Muse? :wtf: Ohhh that Twilight band! Yeah, they suck." :facepalm:
I don't mind the people who only like one of Muse's songs. It's nice to know that they know at least one of their songs. :happy:
-"I hate Muse"
Me- "Why?"
"Because they suck bawls" :facepalm:
I don't have any die-hard Muse friends. I have one friend who is a casual fan, we cover Muse songs on the bass and drums. :LOL: I got an 9 year old into Muse (I secretly added Muse songs/videos to his PSP) That's about it. :)

Obi
27-12-2009, 05:42 PM
My friends all like/love Muse.

mirtaisokay
27-12-2009, 05:53 PM
there is this girl who told me she loves Muse. i asked her what songs are her favorites.
and she tried to say the name. no luck.
she was like "uh...black...black hole..? something like that!"
she pissed me off.

micaelams
27-12-2009, 07:58 PM
well, in my case i have NO muser friends... (except of the one in the threads :awesome: ) and, one time when i was in a taxi with some of my friends i put plug in baby and one said:ewwwwwwwwwww emo band!this song is like for cutting your veins!!!
another said: yay! twighlight band! (and thats when i got in a looooooooooooong argument with her:mad: she really pissed me off)
and i have this one friend that is super obsessed with KoC but everything else is ''ok'' to her... but she is the only one of my friends with who i can watch funny muse videos and she laughs (she loves ''sit the fuck down'' because she likes slipknot )
and.... my mom loves muse so here im pretty much alone...

Jemma
27-12-2009, 08:15 PM
My friends back where I used to live love Muse. Infact if I count.. I can count 9 people off the top of my head :p including my cousin (who majorly got me into them a few years ago, he can play a shitload of Muse songs on guitar, I think he has videos of him playing them up on youtube somewhere..) and 4 of my friends went to the Dublin gig. I couldn't cuz my dad wouldn't let me. :facepalm: I haven't met anyone who is a big Muse fan where I live now though. The people I've made friends with here want to go and see JLS :stunned: :facepalm:

Cyndris
27-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I've got 3 friends that actually like Muse(although I'm by far the most addicted). The other guys and girls barely know them. I actually succeeded in getting someone into listening/playing Muse, which I ofcourse liked. Unfortunately he didn't like other songs (which I totally love) and stopped listening after a while. And thus I still remain alone with my brother as real addicts :(

JustPretending
28-12-2009, 03:22 PM
In fact none of my friends really like muse. My best friend bought the BH&R-CD as a christmas present (for me :awesome: ) and started listening to it - at last she said she really loved Starlight and a few other songs were okay, too. She didn't name City of Delusion or Assassin so I think she easily ignored them. Don't know why we're still friends :D usually she listens to 'The All-American Rejects" and this shit. So, she often mentions that muse just 'aren't her music'.
An other friend of mine told me she found muse 'interesting' and asked me to show her my favorite song of them. I started playing Stockholm Syndrome (Oh, I adore it!) and she started trying to get off me. But as soon as Undisclosed Desires started... you know what happened, don't you?
Next there is a boy in class 6 who usually is in the same bus as me when I get home. My little sister often talks to him and once she started a little argument about music. He stated he was a Slipknot-Fan (he is in the 6th grade, what did his parents do wrong in his education?) and wanted to know what I was listening to. Then he took my earphones to see what my iPod was playing (uh, he got Micro Cuts) and asked me what crap music this was. I answered "Sit the fuck down!" just to see his reaction, but he didn't get the joke. What a twat.
Mostly my friends just ask "Who?!" when I mention Muse, but I don't mind.

(And now I've discovered my English must be very bad.)

sparkle19
28-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Converted my mate to Muse just in time, so she was able to come to the O2. I used to go on and on about them during the first year of Uni; she paid no attention. Then finally she said she downloaded some of their stuff, and loved it! Now shes a massive fan. Not at the level of posting on forums yet though :LOL:

Octazooka
28-12-2009, 03:25 PM
In fact none of my friends really like muse. My best friend bought the BH&R-CD as a christmas present (for me :awesome: ) and started listening to it - at last she said she really loved Starlight and a few other songs were okay, too. She didn't name City of Delusion or Assassin so I think she easily ignored them. Don't know why we're still friends :D usually she listens to 'The All-American Rejects" and this shit. So, she often mentions that muse just 'aren't her music'.
An other friend of mine told me she found muse 'interesting' and asked me to show her my favorite song of them. I started playing Stockholm Syndrome (Oh, I adore it!) and she started trying to get off me. But as soon as Undisclosed Desires started... you know what happened, don't you?
Next there is a boy in class 6 who usually is in the same bus as me when I get home. My little sister often talks to him and once she started a little argument about music. He stated he was a Slipknot-Fan (he is in the 6th grade, what did his parents do wrong in his education?) and wanted to know what I was listening. Then he took my earphones to see what my iPod was playing (uh, he got Micro Cuts) and asked me what crap music this was. I answered "Sit the fuck down!" just to see his reaction, but he didn't get the joke. What a twat.
Mostly my friends just ask "Who?!" when I mention Muse, but I don't mind.

(And now I've discovered my English must be very bad.)
:(

My friends...well, they shake their head at me when I go into a Muse frenzy, usually after I hear their songs or after I see Matt's face. :LOL: I have a few friends who are into Muse, and one of them actually came to school wearing the same black Atticus jacket that Matt has. :eek:

Slick
28-12-2009, 03:29 PM
All of my hipster friends who like lo-fi indie rock hate them with the fire of a thousand suns.

Most everyone else I know who has heard of Muse thinks they're pretty good.

Mints
28-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Most of my friends used to hate them, but I'm slowly brainwashing them :ninja:
One of my friends says Matt sings like a snake :erm:
I've converted a Girls Aloud fan, but she still likes Girls Aloud :facepalm:
Two friends already liked rock, so I converted them like straight away.
Another friend said she tried to listen to Muse, but couldn't get into the music.
And two are going to the LCCCCCCCCC with me in September. One of which is obsessed with Dom, and a guy who I swear fancies Chris :chuckle:

micaelams
28-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Most of my friends used to hate them, but I'm slowly brainwashing them :ninja:
One of my friends says Matt sings like a snake :erm:
I've converted a Girls Aloud fan, but she still likes Girls Aloud :facepalm:
Two friends already liked rock, so I converted them like straight away.
Another friend said she tried to listen to Muse, but couldn't get into the music.
And two are going to the LCCCCCCCCC with me in September. One of which is obsessed with Dom, and a guy who I swear fancies Chris :chuckle:

:chuckle: a guy that fancies chris... well, at leat its a guuy with good tastes :D

Falling.Down.
28-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I've got a maggot friend who hates them.
I'm slowly converting an Aphex Twin fan
But everyone else in my tutor group thinks that they're "Emo". And when I tell them that they're not, they start chanting "Goth".
What the f*ck? Muse? Goth? Seriously? xD

HelloMrBellamy
28-12-2009, 05:28 PM
they start chanting "Goth".
What the f*ck? Muse? Goth? Seriously? xD

Haha, some people are like that with me. I've got a few friends who love 'em - 2 of them went to a couple of gigs with me. Some of my others friends love Twilight so they like Supermassive, Uprising etc. etc. and people who are like 'Muse are shit!' normally say it to wind me up :LOL:

Books
28-12-2009, 05:31 PM
My two best friends like them and listen to them regularly, they are going to the concert with me..A few months ago I just started forcing Muse on them whenever we were hanging out, and voila. :D

Fratzka
29-12-2009, 02:01 AM
My brother and my cousin love them. My closest friends as well. One of my friends who is actually more into R 'n B said that lately her favourite song is Uprising and she loves Knights of Cydonia. Actually all my friends accept my obsession but one friend doesn't although he likes Hysteria. I went to see Muse in October and I told him that I was really excited and that I'm looking forward to see them. He got really upset why I was that happy about it. He wanted to fight with me about it but I justd remained cool and told him that he should calm down and let me do what I want. Still don't know what his problem was but I didn't care either that much ;)

Rhinestone Eyes
29-12-2009, 02:09 AM
" Oh my god is he alright? he sounds like hes dying"

"Mmm that drummer is sexy as fuck"

"OMG TWILIGHT"

"This is fucking creepy"

:rolleyes:

rainingradioheads
29-12-2009, 02:10 AM
None of my friends really like them. They just pretend. :happy:

Sapphi
29-12-2009, 02:19 AM
mmm... i have a couple of friends who likes muse (one of them is the biggest muser that i've seen in my life, and the other one, not so much) and accidentaly i've converted to my best friend (not at all) into a muser when she asked me to give her my music, she like some songs like Assassin or Starlight

Glorious Resistance
29-12-2009, 02:20 AM
They don't like them. Whenever I bring up Muse or Matt one of my friends makes a puking noise (she really has some fucked up taste btw).
I got one obsessed with Muse. She loved Dom and Matt too. Then she grew out of the obsession and just says they're okay. She took off all the Muse she had on her ipod. Only has HAARP. I miss those good old days of obsessing over Muse :(
Another one thinks they're great, but isn't obsessed.
Another one is just a jerk to me about them and thinks I need to get over it...
I only have a few friends that like them or have heard of them. (not from twilight either).

Counterpoint.
29-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Usually:
"Is that a woman singing? I swear that's a woman."
"Moose? Is that how you say it? M-ooooo-sse? Nope, never heard of them."
"Who?"
"Oh, SMBH! I love Supermassive Black Hole! And Edward Cullen! But I thought they were a five piece..." (Usually proceeded by a slap from me.)
"They're a bit grunge, aren't they?" (Me: :wtf:)

I have absolutely no Muse friends at school (all of them call my music tastes strange and grunge and then go back to listening to their Britney. :rolleyes:), only one relative who got me into them last year and played my KoC (in return I got him into Paramore. :LOL:)

Missmuse1029
29-12-2009, 02:24 AM
None of my friends really like them. They just pretend. :happy:

:awesome: This.

Glorious Resistance
29-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Usually:
"Is that a woman singing? I swear that's a woman."
"Moose? Is that how you say it? M-ooooo-sse? Nope, never heard of them."
"Who?"
"Oh, SMBH! I love Supermassive Black Hole! And Edward Cullen! But I thought they were a five piece..." (Usually proceeded by a slap from me.)
"They're a bit grunge, aren't they?" (Me: :wtf:)

I have absolutely no Muse friends at school (all of them call my music tastes strange and grunge and then go back to listening to their Britney. :rolleyes:), only one relative who got me into them last year and played my KoC (in return I got him into Paramore. :LOL:)

Yeah I have the same problem with the "mooose" thing. Someone asked me how you say it "is it moose?" they said..to which i replied in a very annoyed tone, "no. its muse." :indiff:
Another one purposely calls them Moose. :rolleyes:

rainingradioheads
29-12-2009, 02:26 AM
To be honest, I like having friends that don't care about Muse.

Glorious Resistance
29-12-2009, 02:29 AM
To be honest, I like having friends that don't care about Muse.

why is that?

rainingradioheads
29-12-2009, 02:30 AM
why is that?

I like being different I guess. :erm:

Glorious Resistance
29-12-2009, 02:32 AM
I like being different I guess. :erm:

good reason :happy:

About 27 Shockwaves
29-12-2009, 02:52 AM
let's make a graph/chart/instrument of measuring stuff!!!

__________________________________________________ ________
[
[
[----------"OMFG TWILIghT and SuparMassive BLK HOLE!!"----------] 70%
[
[
|
[
[--------"GAY where's mah rap nd mah hoes nd mah drugs?"---------] 20%
[
|
[------------------------------------------"it's k."-----------------------------------------] 5%
|
[-------------------------SATANIC MUSIC!!! BURN IT!!!-------------------------] 4%
|
[-----------------------------------------------:awesome:------------------------------------------] 1%
|_________________________________________________ _________

the sad truth :(

knightofcydonia14
29-12-2009, 02:54 AM

[
[
[
[
|
[
[
|
[------------------------------------------"it's k."-----------------------------------------] 5%
|
[-------------------------SATANIC MUSIC!!! BURN IT!!!-------------------------] 4%
|
[-----------------------------------------------:awesome:------------------------------------------] 1%

loled at that one!
but its all so true..:(

micaelams
29-12-2009, 06:14 AM

[
[
[
[
|
[
[
|
|
|

yup... thats the sad true....usually my friends say too: isnt it written like:mouse ore moose??? me:...you are just trying to piss me of.. arent ya?

oh yeah, and btw, i posted the :awesome: series thread!

Yellow
29-12-2009, 01:10 PM

[
[
[
[
|
[
[
|
|
|

sad but true:phu::'(
satanic music bwahaha:LOL::LOL::LOL:

pluginbaby410
29-12-2009, 01:44 PM
shamefully, my 'friends' know muse only through twilight :(

however, i do have a few cool friends off here now, and strangely, they love muse just as much as me ;) xx

essee
29-12-2009, 01:48 PM
None of my friends like Muse as much as I do :indiff:
One of best friends thinks they're ok, when I went through her phone like 2 weeks ago I found 3 Muse songs on it! I was like :eek::D:happy: and immediately send her a bunch of my personal favorites :p
She a massive twilight fan and loves smbh, and she has actually asked me (and begged) that the next time I see Muse, she will come along :awesome:
Her favorite band is Green day, so her taste in music isn't that bad, luckily :)
Some of my other friends has only heard smbh and are loving it, and one of them just finds them really uniteresting and when I try to tell her something about Muse, she just ignores me and changes the subject :indiff:
My dad loves them and my mum hates them ( :facepalm:)

limegreennails
29-12-2009, 03:41 PM
i only have one friend who likes muse and all my other friends know it because i talk about it so much. :LOL:

Davey
29-12-2009, 04:00 PM
one of my mates kinda likes muse but bums slipknot so much we argue when he starts puttin muse down infront of me :LOL:

he and my other mate even tried to convince me muse were shite and sat me down infront of youtube for three hours showin me other bands they bummed over suggesting muse were inferior to them...to which always had a response which usually ended in off :LOL:...eventually i got fed up of one of them saying "matt cant sing all he does is mumble down the mic that's not singing" (my mate listend to stupid shouty stuff) i sid "well he sounds wayyy better than those douchebags youy listen to screaming down a mic" got up and punched him then walked out :LOL: :happy:

beatlesmaniac98
29-12-2009, 05:27 PM
:eek::eek::eek: hello mica how do you do?:awesome

anyway most of my friends hate them but they secrtly like one song which is either starlight exo:part 3 or showbiz(which is kinda shocking that they like showbiz holly hell!

Isia.x33
29-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Im tiping in whatever they say, ok?
Monica: They good.
Kaja: Alright.
Agata: Im not talking to you, but they good, though. i like rock.

MissM
29-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Weeell. One of my friends is the reason I listen to Muse, so I'd say she's pretty cool with it. *squishes*

The rest are pretty much either major fans or regular non-creepy fans. XP We were mostly all turned together. Ohyes.

beatlesmaniac98
30-12-2009, 01:32 AM

[
[
[
[
|
[
[
|
|
|

lol my mum said that if theres anyn satan messages stop listening to it cause imma catcholic

micaelams
30-12-2009, 01:56 AM
lol my mum said that if theres anyn satan messages stop listening to it cause imma catcholic

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: NOOO there's NOT :facepalm:...its about what your FRIENDS think, since some of our friends arent use to muse-kind music, like alternative and rock

:LOL: :awesome:

Trefline
30-12-2009, 02:12 AM
I've got two die-hard fans, one who likes them a lot, others just like songs they heard on the radio and my best friend is like: "what? muse, again??"

MattXXI
30-12-2009, 02:21 AM
I don't have any friends that dislike Muse. They all vary in how much they like them, but my closest friends share my Muse obsession. Thankfully the majority have known and loved Muse since before Twilight was even conceived....so its not the awkward "Oh Supermassive Black Hole I love this song....but...what are these other songs?".

About 27 Shockwaves
30-12-2009, 02:22 AM

:LOL: My grandmother is hardcore Catholic but I catch her rocking out to Muse :D

I'm waiting to walk in on her one of these days screaming "And BURN!!!! You will BURN!!! You will BUUUUUURRRRRN IN HELL YEAH YOU'LL BUUUURRRRNNN IN HELL FOR YOUR SINNNNNNNNNNNNNS!!!!!!!" :awesome:

micaelams
30-12-2009, 02:26 AM
:LOL: My grandmother is hardcore Catholic but I catch her rocking out to Muse :D

I'm waiting to walk in on her one of these days screaming "And BURN!!!! You will BURN!!! You will BUUUUUURRRRRN IN HELL YEAH YOU'LL BUUUURRRRNNN IN HELL FOR YOUR SINNNNNNNNNNNNNS!!!!!!!" :awesome:

:LOL:, that remembers me of a day where i was with my mom (long time ago when i was first entering to the muse world) and before i went to sleep we both heared good music so i put take a bow and she was like 创awwww this song is really good and cute创 and then: burn! you will burn!!! you will burrrnnnn in hell yeah your burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!创 and my mom was like :stunned: , but then she was like :\mm/: because she is TOTALLY NOT religious, as me

:aweome: <------------ kill-meeee, hahaha

About 27 Shockwaves
30-12-2009, 02:34 AM
:LOL:, that remembers me of a day where i was with my mom (long time ago when i was first entering to the muse world) and before i went to sleep we both heared good music so i put take a bow and she was like 创awwww this song is really good and cute创 and then: burn! you will burn!!! you will burrrnnnn in hell yeah your burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!创 and my mom was like :stunned: , but then she was like :\mm/: because she is TOTALLY NOT religious, as me

:awesome: <------------ kill-meeee, hahaha

:eek::LOL:

"Awww what a cute mellow son---'BURN!!! YOU WILL BURN!!!!!'--- g... nevermind :stunned:"

:awesome: :fear: ............. :pope: hehehe...

I have a new friend who I JUST met in guitar class. We were talking about music and bands and I said "Well, have you heard of Muse?" She said yeah, so I figured it was just SMBH like everyone else, BUT she suprised me by saying "I like Feeling Good and Map of the Problematique"

My face was :awesome: and I just sat there babbling "You like.. MoTP.. that's... my favorite... not Super... not?... WHAT?"

micaelams
30-12-2009, 02:37 AM
:eek::LOL:

"Awww what a cute mellow son---'BURN!!! YOU WILL BURN!!!!!'--- g... nevermind :stunned:"

:awesome: :fear: ............. :pope: hehehe...

I have a new friend who I JUST met in guitar class. We were talking about music and bands and I said "Well, have you heard of Muse?" She said yeah, so I figured it was just SMBH like everyone else, BUT she suprised me by saying "I like Feeling Good and Map of the Problematique"

My face was :awesome: and I just sat there babbling "You like.. MoTP.. that's... my favorite... not Super... not?... WHAT?"

hahahaha, my guitar lessons are at my house:supersad:, but i love guitar :awesome: and i prefer playing the piano :awesome:

trvrphlps
30-12-2009, 02:42 AM
I only tell my friends about good bands. HUR HUR HUR.

micaelams
30-12-2009, 02:45 AM
I only tell my friends about good bands. HUR HUR HUR.

r u a f:rolleyes: TROLL?

who's the troll... you are! yes you are!! hehe... cute little one...
no. really? are you one?

:awesome:

BeckyBliss
30-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Mine love/hate the fact i talk about Muse 24/7 so they know a few of their songs :) I'v got one girl into them at college, woop :D and other friends listen to them a bit....... i think.
Then there's people I'v met on here, they obvz love Muse :p

micaelams
30-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Mine love/hate the fact i talk about Muse 24/7 so they know a few of their songs :) I'v got one girl into them at college, woop :D and other friends listen to them a bit....... i think.
Then there's people I'v met on here, they obvz love Muse :p

me too...the only people bsides me i know that are musers are everyone on the threads...:(... but people here are :awesome:

SkyWizardx317
30-12-2009, 03:24 AM
The only thing my friends know about Muse is either via Twilight, Guitar Hero, or even this year's VMA's.

Oh, and I got my younger sister like Stockholm Syndrome and Uprising. :p

miele
30-12-2009, 03:34 AM
My male friends snicker and think of Muse as a band "only chicks like". As opposed to say, radiohead with it's fullblown credibility.

:mad::mad::mad:

I really don't know why they're my friends. maybe coz they're funny.

miss_meadows
30-12-2009, 09:02 AM
My male friends snicker and think of Muse as a band "only chicks like". As opposed to say, radiohead with it's fullblown credibility.

My boyfriend thinks the same, he calls it "girlie rock".:eek::LOL: Anyway, I am a girl, so nothing wrong about liking Muse...

But most of my (female) friends like Muse, some didn't know them before I gave them an album and then they liked it. We have the same taste in music, I guess. My former flatmate (male) is a fan as well, mhm, what about the girlie rock theory?;)

micaelams
30-12-2009, 07:12 PM

muse??? a girl rock band??? oh god... does he know Brian May says they're the best band in this decade??????

About 27 Shockwaves
30-12-2009, 08:11 PM
:LOL: at people who think it's a "girl rock band" ..

My father is into Muse big time, and most of the only friends of mine that listen to Muse are guys :LOL::awesome: Stereotype fail.

micaelams
30-12-2009, 08:47 PM
:LOL: at people who think it's a "girl rock band" ..

My father is into Muse big time, and most of the only friends of mine that listen to Muse are guys :LOL::awesome: Stereotype fail.

my dad likes muse too :D

jonebell
31-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Indeed - and that's another thing actually, I've seen on the Muse that just because somebody doesn't like one of my songs, that doesn't mean I should give up on it. Sometimes everyone doesn't like it, and then I know it's time to start again!..

Thanks..

awaketochaseadream
31-12-2009, 06:30 AM
A amie of mine saw SNL and was like... well the lead singer's guitar (the glitterati) is pretty...

Said nothing about the music though :erm:

31-12-2009, 06:40 AM
My "friends" don't even know what Muse is :facepalm:... as for my online friends they are as obsessed as I am... but my bff says Muse need to get a better sound for next album ir they are gonna be stuck or something...

Exoval
31-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Up until a few weeks prior to the release of The Resistance 2 of my friends knew very little about Muse, & were not bothered listening to their albums:eek:
Now, they are addicted, I'm very proud of them (well maybe this has to do with the fact that I dragged them to Teignmouth & they've had a fantastic time, so iz proud of myself too :p:ninja:)

Meian
31-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Up until a few weeks prior to the release of The Resistance 2 of my friends knew very little about Muse, & were not bothered listening to their albums:eek:
Now, they are addicted, I'm very proud of them (well maybe this has to do with the fact that I dragged them to Teignmouth & they've had a fantastic time, so iz proud of myself too :p:ninja:)

That's nice :happy: One of my friends thinks that Matt doesn't have a nose... :erm: I think she's blind or something :yesey:

Melancholia
31-12-2009, 11:07 AM
My "friends" don't even know what Muse is :facepalm:... as for my online friends they are as obsessed as I am... but my bff says Muse need to get a better sound for next album ir they are gonna be stuck or something...
My friends tell me the same :supersad:

And sometimes told me 'That your Matt can't singnormal? He screams at the all time! Agh..'
Soo.. they don't know nothing about real music :musesign:

janine
31-12-2009, 11:09 AM
'Well I'm outta here if we have to listen 3 hours of Muse'

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU :mad: :happy:

Exoval
31-12-2009, 12:44 PM
That's nice :happy: One of my friends thinks that Matt doesn't have a nose... :erm: I think she's blind or something :yesey:

You mean, THAT BLIND :LOL:
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/exoval/Muse%20photos/cloux374-1.jpg

Nietz
31-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I only have two friends that like Muse, my other friends are tired of listening about them ... One of my friends says that Bellamy is an alien (wtf!?). But I have my mother and my grandma, they really like to listen Muse :p

Glorious Resistance
31-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I envy those of you that have obsessed friends :supersad:
I had a really obsessed friend once. Muse was all we talked about. She said they were the best band ever!!! I was like dude you're awesome. (at the time I didn't get on the board so I had no one to obsess to) She even bought HAARP. Everyday HAARP didn't show up in her mailbox (she ordered it) she'd yell "I WANT HAARP!!!!!!" It was great.
Then I don't know what happened. She stopped liking them. She thinks they're okay now... :( She listens to bands like... MCR..and nickleback :noey: so... I can see why this obsession for her stopped.

*OoS*
31-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Most of them take the piss because they know I'm an insane fan :LOL:

But I have one or two who do really like them (but know they can't compete with me ;))

Tofu
31-12-2009, 08:46 PM
:LOL: Usually when I show pics of Matt to my friends the nose is the first thing they notice!

Meian
31-12-2009, 10:21 PM
:LOL: Usually when I show pics of Matt to my friends the nose is the first thing they notice!

It's something about his nose, it must be!! :eyebrows:

01-01-2010, 11:11 PM
My friends tell me the same :supersad:

And sometimes told me 'That your Matt can't singnormal? He screams at the all time! Agh..'
Soo.. they don't know nothing about real music :musesign:

Yeah they don't know what real music is! :musesign:

cherry lips
02-01-2010, 08:05 AM
my bff likes them a lot...

others are just like "OMG IS THAT THE SONG FROM TWILIGHT" and after that they are like "I'M A HUGEEEE FAN"

Melancholia
02-01-2010, 06:10 PM
others are just like "OMG IS THAT THE SONG FROM TWILIGHT" and after that they are like "I'M A HUGEEEE FAN"

Oh God, I don't like when people say that, it's sick -.-

queenziggy
04-01-2010, 09:40 AM
rofl :chuckle:

Anyway only one of my friends is a huge fan like me.. The others think they're "just okay" :phu:.

Kirby
04-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Sadly some of the people I know only recognise them from Twilight... my friends all think they're some weird goth band... and when me & my friends were watching them on SNL, they told me Matt looked like a gopher :eek: I was appalled! haha

IIFIWASAPUMPKIN
04-01-2010, 02:16 PM
he does look like a gopher though!!!! :D

my story is thus....
i had a friend who kind of liked them....and introduced them to me...and then i became obsessed vair. quickly... and then i made her obsessed! so its awesome.

yet my other friends either hate them horridly or think theyre ok.

ナナ~
04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
All my friends adore Muse and the merit is just mine.
Joke. It depends on the friends. My bestie "hate" them cause when I was truly obsessed I used to talk about them almost all the time. I can be very nerve-wracking at times. :LOL:

Octazooka
04-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Wait till they see how his Manson guitars pwn Thom Yorke's guitars! :LOL:

the_invincible_dude
04-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Some of my friends say: "Oh yeah! The local boys!" They rock! :awesome: (yep, I'm from Devon btw. ;))
Others say: "Eh? Who?" :stunned:
And others: "Oh them, they're shit." :(
And as for the others: "Oh the Twilight band! Yeah, I know who you mean." :facepalm:

I don't plan to turn any other of my friends into Musers...I've converted two friends, but the others are too obsessed with Cheryl Cole and whoever else they listen to...:rolleyes: Well, that's the girls...
All the guys I know seem to know and like Muse. :D

MyLostMuse
04-01-2010, 06:53 PM
My MSN picture was The Resistance art and one of freinds said they love that album, I asked what there favourite track was and the said SMBH :facepalm:

Yellow
04-01-2010, 06:57 PM
"I LOOOVE THEM !SMBH BUT THE SINGER IT'S A FEMALE?TWILIGHT EDWARDDD"
the end

Incredible Julie
04-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Well...
My boyfriend really hates them on the grounds that "they are GAY" :facepalm: and thinks that I'm a bit obsessed.
Most of my friends just say "Who? Never heard of them...", then some are like "Erm... This Twilight Band, huh?" -.-
And then there's one guy who really likes them and actually wanted to go to the Wembley gig with me :D
So, yeah, just one person...

About 27 Shockwaves
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
"I LOOOVE THEM !SMBH BUT THE SINGER IT'S A FEMALE?TWILIGHT EDWARDDD"
the end

Same, except mine are more like
"THAT REMINDED ME OF EDWARD OOOO EDWARD PLAYING BASEBALL IS SOOO HOTT, I WONDER IF I'LL HAVE HIS CHILDREN ONE DAY, OMG SMBH AND DA MYOOSE AND THE BEAUTIFUL FEMALE SINGER WITH HER SCARY DEEP SPEAKING VOICE, IT REMINDS ME OF EDWARD OOOOOOO EDWARD YOU SET MY SOUL ALIGHT, AND MY T-SHIRTS MELTING IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT AND THE STUPID STAR SUCKED INTO THE SUPER MASSIVE!!!"

And while they say that, they do something like this:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/Hikoukai-sama/Avatar/thohfriendlymushroom.gif

micaelams
06-01-2010, 05:37 AM
"THAT REMINDED ME OF EDWARD OOOO EDWARD PLAYING BASEBALL IS SOOO HOTT, I WONDER IF I'LL HAVE HIS CHILDREN ONE DAY, OMG SMBH AND DA MYOOSE AND THE BEAUTIFUL FEMALE SINGER WITH HER SCARY DEEP SPEAKING VOICE, IT REMINDS ME OF EDWARD OOOOOOO EDWARD YOU SET MY SOUL ALIGHT, AND MY T-SHIRTS MELTING IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT AND THE STUPID STAR SUCKED INTO THE SUPER MASSIVE!!!"

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/Hikoukai-sama/Avatar/thohfriendlymushroom.gif

:LOL:
:awesome: ALL of my muser friends are from internet and yes... IM BACK! :chuckle::awesome:

absolutionamethyst
06-01-2010, 07:39 AM
i turned my best friend from lover or shithouse music, to Muser!:awesome::musesign::D
my other best friend hates them, and i made her watch Hullabaloo, Absolution Tour and HAARP one night, but her mind was set on hating them so she made herself not enjoy it!:fear::pope:

another one of my friends only liked Supermassive, so then i introduced her to Uprising, Resistance, Undisclosed, Starlight, TIRO, Knights Of Cydonia, Plug In Baby and others. i got her to listen to Micro Cuts once. she was all ":eek: is this really Matt?! i don't believe you!". don't think she quite enjoyed that one :p but she likes quite a few Muse songs. not the obscure stuff though. she loves The Resistance prolly the most.

another one of my friends has also converted to Muse. she likes them and thanks me for introducing her to them.

and another friend likes them as well. her fave band is Placebo, but she does like Muse too.

most other people are like "who?:wtf:" "no, they're gay" (<-- when they haven't even listened to them:facepalm:) or say something relating to Twatlight hahah

mark2312
06-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I convert them, sometimes it takes time but I find a way.

einafets
06-01-2010, 02:41 PM

this made me laugh soo much! :chuckle:

And I'm really glad that I'm too old for all those Twilight obsessed people...the people I know rather heard of Muse than of Twilight.

beatlesmaniac98
06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
im on my school computer so my friends see me on this thing and there just saying

MUSE FUCKING SUCK!

they hurt my feeling :(

micaelams
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
im on my school computer so my friends see me on this thing and there just saying

MUSE FUCKING SUCK!

they hurt my feeling :(

my mean mean meaaaaaaaaannnn friends do the same... the other day i was at microcuts.tv and they were like: why do you watch that for the 1000000th time??? me: cuz its :awesome: friends: ewww... no its not... justin bieber is! me: :facepalm:

aaaaaaaaaaaaand... i changed my avatar :awesome:

Tofu
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM

And I'm really glad that I'm too old for all those Twilight obsessed people...the people I know rather heard of Muse than of Twilight.

Oh you have no idea. I know more 40 year olds obsessed with Twilight than tweens. :facepalm: It's kinda gross.

beatlesmaniac98
07-01-2010, 12:00 AM
my mean mean meaaaaaaaaannnn friends do the same... the other day i was at microcuts.tv and they were like: why do you watch that for the 1000000th time??? me: cuz its :awesome: friends: ewww... no its not... justin bieber is! me: :facepalm:

aaaaaaaaaaaaand... i changed my avatar :awesome:

your friends too mines LOVE justin bieber and think hes awesome and cute and i don't think hes cool and he sings like a girl so what i say is you want to see cute look at matt bellamy and they say ewww

but they think dom's hot though

beatlesmaniac98
07-01-2010, 12:04 AM

i love avatar its a good show :chuckle:

About 27 Shockwaves
07-01-2010, 12:05 AM

Yay for making people laugh with sad truths! :D

Oh you have no idea. I know more 40 year olds obsessed with Twilight than tweens. :facepalm: It's kinda gross.

:shifty:

eww.

So... It's ok for a bunch of crazed women over the age of forty to obsess and fantisize various obsceneties about teen boys and young adult men, but if it was the other way around and it was male fans with their hands all over female stars, millions of men would be thought of as creepy and perverted with the possibility of being arrested and charged for sexual assult on the spot. Makes perfect sense :D...

micaelams
07-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Yay for making people laugh with sad truths! :D

:shifty:

eww.

So... It's ok for a bunch of crazed women over the age of forty to obsess and fantisize various obsceneties about teen boys and young adult men, but if it was the other way around and it was male fans with their hands all over female stars, millions of men would be thought of as creepy and perverted with the possibility of being arrested and charged for sexual assult on the spot. Makes perfect sense :D...
:LOL: true true...
My mom likes matt! Just kidding... She thinks he looks like a wet cat

strawberry moon
07-01-2010, 12:17 AM
My best friend thinks Muse is emo but likes them even though they're not her type of music. other friends of mine think "eh they're ok" and have only heard like 1 or 2 songs.

MariePeter18
07-01-2010, 06:07 AM
^Yeah most of my friends know the most popular ones and love them, but they're not gonna try hard to listen to more Muse.

supermassivemuselover
07-01-2010, 07:41 PM
about 4 of them like them. three have seen them live. but none as much as me. a couple think their ok. and one. says MUSE SUCK. JLS ARE BETTER. i pity her:rolleyes:

Ayal
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Most of my friends LOVE them and are planning to go to Wembley.
a couple of my friends only "like" Muse.
The rest dont know exactly who Muse are but recognized some of their songs.

Oh, and there are some friends that say Muse sucks but they're just trying to have a laugh getting me all angry and red... XD

Kirby
08-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I was listening to Muse while walking into school in the morning, and this one girl comes up to me (I'm not her friend AT ALL, she's clingy and annoying)... so anyway, she comes over and grabs my iPod and she's like "oooh who ya listening to?" I mean of course I said Muse, and all of a sudden she gets all obnoxious: "OHMIGODDD I LOOOOVE THE MUUUUUSE!!!!"
So I said really?
... and she said DUHHHHHHHHH.
I asked her what their first album was and she told me
the Twilight soundtrack. :facepalm:

mels734
08-01-2010, 08:55 PM

That is what some girls in my grade are like. Almost exactly. (See signature:LOL:)

My ACTUAL friends get pissed off whenever someone mentions how Muse is awesome because they were in Twilight. That is why I love my friends. They all have all of Muse's albums on their iPods, and have grown to love every song because I forced them to listen to Muse ALL the time.:D

Maa.
08-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I was listening to Muse while walking into school in the morning, and this one girl comes up to me (I'm not her friend AT ALL, she's clingy and annoying)... so anyway, she comes over and grabs my iPod and she's like "oooh who ya listening to?" I mean of course I said Muse, and all of a sudden she gets all obnoxious: "OHMIGODDD I LOOOOVE THE MUUUUUSE!!!!"
So I said really?

:eek::LOL::LOL: Holy shit! can't stop laughing. TWATLIGHT soundtrack! da myooze:LOL: :noey: twatfans are really hilarious:LOL: :facepalm:

About 27 Shockwaves
08-01-2010, 09:08 PM
That is what some girls in my grade are like. Almost exactly. (See signature:LOL:)

My ACTUAL friends get pissed off whenever someone mentions how Muse is awesome because they were in Twilight. That is why I love my friends. They all have all of Muse's albums on their iPods, and have grown to love every song because I forced them to listen to Muse ALL the time.:D

:supersad: I want friends like yours....

And epic lolz at your sig! People can be so stupid. If you're gonna butcher a song to a bloody lifeless pulp, at least take the time to look the damn lyrics up!! :LOL:

mels734
08-01-2010, 09:18 PM
:supersad: I want friends like yours....

And epic lolz at your sig! People can be so stupid. If you're gonna butcher a song to a bloody lifeless pulp, at least take the time to look the damn lyrics up!! :LOL:

My freinds are awesome:) The bad news for her though is that she sits next to me in about three calsses so she will never hear the end of it.

Mariaq27
08-01-2010, 11:48 PM

xDxDxD :LOL::LOL::LOL:. I only have one of my best friends becoming an awesome Muse fan and one in Florida, but besides that, all of my Muser friends are from the interwebz as someone has mentioned.

P.S is that from Avatar the Last Airbender? xD omg epic.

About 27 Shockwaves
08-01-2010, 11:53 PM
xDxDxD :LOL::LOL::LOL:. I only have one of my best friends becoming an awesome Muse fan and one in Florida, but besides that, all of my Muser friends are from the interwebz as someone has mentioned.

P.S is that from Avatar the Last Airbender? xD omg epic.

:LOL: The only other Musers within a hundred miles of me are my parents *epic facepalm* All the rest are from the interwebz... Sad innit...

And YES, that's from Avatar the Last Airbender! I actually liked that show :supersad:

beatlesmaniac98
09-01-2010, 12:37 AM
my friends have just recently told me im a freak cuz i like 31 year old wtf is their problem? at LEAST matt can sing! unlike that uggo justin beiber kid :indiff:

micaelams
09-01-2010, 12:39 AM
my friends have just recently told me im a freak cuz i like 31 year old wtf is their problem? at LEAST matt can sing! unlike that uggo justin beiber kid :indiff:

i know! my ex best friend liked muse... but then she stopped hanging out with me cuz of justin bieber! i hate her!!! so much!!!

Tofu
09-01-2010, 12:44 AM
So I said really?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Though, sometimes I wonder if the Twilight association is what keeps a lot of US fans from talking about Muse... at least where I live, because I know a lot of people that love Muse, but most of them never mention it unless I bring it up first or something.

Mariaq27
09-01-2010, 12:46 AM
:LOL: The only other Musers within a hundred miles of me are my parents *epic facepalm* All the rest are from the interwebz... Sad innit...

And YES, that's from Avatar the Last Airbender! I actually liked that show :supersad:

And you're one of my interwebz friends!!! :D:D:D:D

I love that show too! They're making a movie for it coming out in July...

beatlesmaniac98
09-01-2010, 01:02 AM
i know! my ex best friend liked muse... but then she stopped hanging out with me cuz of justin bieber! i hate her!!! so much!!!

ugh how rude!

a-museing
09-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Currently in the process of converting one of my best friends. :D She didn't know much about them before she came to the gig but she's always listening to them now.

xxatlowxx
09-01-2010, 02:00 AM
they hate them. end of story
cept for Laura and Michelle, who love them nearly as much as i do :awesome:

beatlesmaniac98
09-01-2010, 02:00 AM
i am on aim right now converting her into a muse fan she now thinks dom is a sex god and the song suburn and uprising are awesome

Mariaq27
09-01-2010, 02:02 AM
i am on aim right now converting her into a muse fan she now thinks dom is a sex god and the song suburn and uprising are awesome

I just showed my friend Glorious and she said it was good :D

xxatlowxx
09-01-2010, 02:06 AM
mom: that big muscle-y man is a hunk!
me: MOM YOUR A CREEP :facepalm:

Kirby
09-01-2010, 02:13 AM
:eek::LOL::LOL: Holy shit! can't stop laughing. TWATLIGHT soundtrack! da myooze:LOL: :noey: twatfans are really hilarious:LOL: :facepalm:

I know, it's quite pathetic actually! I don't know why Muse agree to let their songs be in Twilight, that's the only thing most people in America recognize them for!!!! It's a crappy story anyway, and the author's not even that good.... I swear people are just obsessed because of Taylor Lautner...

HaikuMarko
09-01-2010, 03:42 AM
90% love it but not as much as I do
5% don't like it, 4% Don't know them, 1% hates them

and that 1% better STFU

beatlesmaniac98
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM

lol

Kirby
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM

errr, would she be talking about Chris?? :LOL: :facepalm:

xxatlowxx
09-01-2010, 04:52 PM
errr, would she be talking about Chris?? :LOL: :facepalm:

yes, she would :LOL:

Kirby
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM

haha that really made me laugh :LOL:
my mom doesn't like any of them, and she thinks Matt has a weird mouth :facepalm:

About 27 Shockwaves
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM

Err, same :LOL: I was with my mom in the car the other day and we got on the topic of the guys.

"So mom, who's your favorite member?"
"The bassist!!!"
"Oh, Chris?"
":eyebrows:"

Just a bit weird.

Kirby
09-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Err, same :LOL: I was with my mom in the car the other day and we got on the topic of the guys.

"So mom, who's your favorite member?"
"The bassist!!!"
"Oh, Chris?"
":eyebrows:"

Just a bit weird.

haha sounds like Chris is the favorite member of many moms! :LOL:

glad my mom doesn't really like any of them, that'd be strange...

micaelams
10-01-2010, 12:46 AM
haha sounds like Chris is the favorite member of many moms! :LOL:

glad my mom doesn't really like any of them, that'd be strange...

my mom think chris is cute :stunned:
that was an eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww moment
she went like: oh god! who's him?
me: chris...
mom: he's sexy!
me: ewwwww ewwww ewwww mom! dont talk that way of my favorite band

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkwwwwwwwwwww aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrddddddd

:LOL::awesome:

Kirby
10-01-2010, 12:53 AM
my mom think chris is cute :stunned:
that was an eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww moment
she went like: oh god! who's him?
me: chris...
mom: he's sexy!
me: ewwwww ewwww ewwww mom! dont talk that way of my favorite band

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkwwwwwwwwwww aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrddddddd

:LOL::awesome:

:facepalm: that would really creep me out, especially if my mom liked matt (since he's my favorite :) )

About 27 Shockwaves
10-01-2010, 01:03 AM
:facepalm: that would really creep me out, especially if my mom liked matt (since he's my favorite :) )

Ha, Chris is my favorite, and uh.. *ahem* ... Yeah :shifty: it's weird...

But my friends figure they may as well not exist, so I have him all to myself :phu: their loss.

Kirby
10-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Ha, Chris is my favorite, and uh.. *ahem* ... Yeah :shifty: it's weird...

But my friends figure they may as well not exist, so I have him all to myself :phu: their loss.

well it was awkward one day when my mom was talking with my friend about Matt, and my mom (who thinks 15 year olds are too young to be interested in guys) says "oh my god. I can't believe Kirby likes Muse. They're all old and that one guy has a really weird mouth and messed up teeth."
and my friend's just like laughing and she's like yeah...
and then I'm all like :$ (especially cos she doesn't know that I think he's soooo goddamn sexy) :LOL:

About 27 Shockwaves
10-01-2010, 01:35 AM
well it was awkward one day when my mom was talking with my friend about Matt, and my mom (who thinks 15 year olds are too young to be interested in guys) says "oh my god. I can't believe Kirby likes Muse. They're all old and that one guy has a really weird mouth and messed up teeth."
and my friend's just like laughing and she's like yeah...
and then I'm all like :$ (especially cos she doesn't know that I think he's soooo goddamn sexy) :LOL:

:LOL::LOL: That's hilarious! Aww I hate when I'm teased about liking them, 'specially when they drop the "They're like 30!" bomb. Well all the bands/rappers (ick!) that they like are around 35 too, so they shouldn't talk! Really now :rolleyes:

And your name is actually Kirby? I... WANT... YOUR NAME :supersad:

Kirby
10-01-2010, 01:43 AM
:LOL::LOL: That's hilarious! Aww I hate when I'm teased about liking them, 'specially when they drop the "They're like 30!" bomb. Well all the bands/rappers (ick!) that they like are around 35 too, so they shouldn't talk! Really now :rolleyes:

Oh I know they don't even look that old! ahhh more Muse for those of us who actually care...

And YES IT IS! :D
why what's yours? it can't be that bad! :LOL:

About 27 Shockwaves
10-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Oh I know they don't even look that old! ahhh more Muse for those of us who actually care...

And YES IT IS! :D
why what's yours? it can't be that bad! :LOL:

...Angelia ... :$ It's constantly mispronounced and butchered :chuckle:

Kirby
10-01-2010, 01:48 AM
...Angelia ... :$ It's constantly mispronounced and butchered :chuckle:

Awww that's not a bad name! But I can see it getting mispronouced, yeah (I'm not even sure exactly how you'd pronounce it) :LOL:

well my last name is Kelly, so people constantly mix up my name, think Kelly's my first name BUT IT'S NOT!!!! :eek: :mad: haha

About 27 Shockwaves
10-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Awww that's not a bad name! But I can see it getting mispronouced, yeah (I'm not even sure exactly how you'd pronounce it) :LOL:

well my last name is Kelly, so people constantly mix up my name, think Kelly's my first name BUT IT'S NOT!!!! :eek: :mad: haha

:chuckle: haha, It's said like Angelina, minus the "n" ... Weird huh!

And I could see that happening :LOL: Seeing that's more like a first name. My friend's (who's not a muse fan sadly) name is Denis, and seeing it's only spelled with one "n" people call him Denise xD Poor kid...

So what nationality, if you don't mind me asking? 'Cause I never met anyone named Kirby. And I've heard some weird stuff :D

Kirby
10-01-2010, 01:59 AM
:chuckle: haha, It's said like Angelina, minus the "n" ... Weird huh!

And I could see that happening :LOL: Seeing that's more like a first name. My friend's (who's not a muse fan sadly) name is Denis, and seeing it's only spelled with one "n" people call him Denise xD Poor kid...

So what nationality, if you don't mind me asking? 'Cause I never met anyone named Kirby. And I've heard some weird stuff :D

Awww poor Denis :chuckle:
hahaha I'm... white. but like 60% English (Kirby is an English name meaning "church" apparently :LOL: )

beatlesmaniac98
10-01-2010, 02:16 AM

i hate the the'yre 30 bomb! :mad: :(

Ahkmed
10-01-2010, 02:19 AM
One of my friends loves them and wants to come to see them with me in Phoenix. :awesome: My other friend isn't too big on them. She does like a few of their songs, but she doesnt like hard rock and says she can only stand so much of it. But then again, she listens to Taylor Swift. :rolleyes:

About 27 Shockwaves
10-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Awww poor Denis :chuckle:
hahaha I'm... white. but like 60% English (Kirby is an English name meaning "church" apparently :LOL: )

So I've been playing "Church's Adventures" on my Nintendo for 9 years :eek: I never would have guessed.... :LOL: That's still an epic name!

and @beatlesmaniac98 I know right :indiff:

Me Rug I Sty
12-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Any tips for converting stubborn friends?

Tofu
12-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Your real name is Kirby? That is freakin' amazing!
30 isn't that old. :erm:

Toryy,,
12-01-2010, 09:27 PM
okay .. so i have 15 people in my close circle of friends (including me) and one of them loves them and is jealous that im going to see them in september, and all my other friends are like wtf are you listening to, sounds like depressing creepy crap. I also listen to my ipod 24/7 at school and when my friends ask what im listening to, i tell them to put the earphone in their ear they put it in, and then scream and say that im listening to the supermassive loser band (coz they know i love supermassive black hole) :( :(

micaelams
13-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Any tips for converting stubborn friends?

Put UD and then SS... muahahahahahahha! They'll love it! If they don't then try with some songs that sounds lke something they would like...

Redrosel
13-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Hmm.. well if I say I'm a Muse fan everyone here's like: "wut? who? Muse?... o are they those guys from that one song.. erm whats it called.. uprise or somethin?"

Yeah.... I know, Muse isn't that big in Holland.... But they're becoming more famous by the day, so soon everybody will be singing Muse songs and wear t-shirt and hang posters everywere and making funny sit-down jokes and laughing about dom being gay and chris for having no emotions and matt doing random weird stuff.... we can dream.

But my parents love Muse, and some of my friends can actually name 2 or 3 songs :P

Yellow
13-01-2010, 09:03 PM
quote: "muse..i've seen the video for bliss .that song it's satanic!:pope::eek:"
hmm

Me Rug I Sty
13-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I have very close minded friends and they think
-the sound monotone
-everything sounds the same
-Matt breaths in really heavily before each line. This is actually true, but you have to be listening for it.
-One friend thinks Muse fans are absolute nuts and obsessive.
-My sister doesn't mind too much, she reckons matt voice sounds like an electric guitar :LOL:

Kirby
14-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Your real name is Kirby? That is freakin' amazing!
30 isn't that old. :erm:

And I know. They don't even look 30!

On the way to school today, my friend was playing around with my phone, I have Muse as my screen. Everytime she looked at the picture, she was like "EWWWW IT'S MATT UGLY!" :facepalm: I guess I'm not getting anyone to change their minds about him anytime soon...

Tofu
14-01-2010, 03:02 AM
I have very close minded friends and they think
-the sound monotone
-everything sounds the same
-Matt breaths in really heavily before each line. This is actually true, but you have to be listening for it.
-One friend thinks Muse fans are absolute nuts and obsessive.
-My sister doesn't mind too much, she reckons matt voice sounds like an electric guitar :LOL:

Well, imo, the last three are all true. :LOL: Matt's voice being electric guitar-ish is actually what the second biggest Muse fan I know loves the most.

And yeah the people that don't know Muse very much, when they ask me their ages and I saw 31/32, they're always like, REALLY? But they look so young!

fadeddusk
14-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Some of mine say they are an "emo"band... Some say its alright, some say its creepy, some say: wtf? Is that really his voice!?! ....
What do your friends say?

And, are you planning to turn any of them into muser?

My (non)friends say they are a depressing emo band :facepalm:, and they have always called me emo...so I guess im used to it. I've turned my real friends into musers! :awesome:

Me Rug I Sty
14-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Well, imo, the last three are all true. :LOL: Matt's voice being electric guitar-ish is actually what the second biggest Muse fan I know loves the most.

And yeah the people that don't know Muse very much, when they ask me their ages and I saw 31/32, they're always like, REALLY? But they look so young!
She heard the falsetto part of some song. :chuckle:
I think It was meant to be an insult, but I took it as a compliment to my favourite band :awesome:
The breathing is only annoying if you try to hear it.

Wolsten_homie
15-01-2010, 11:16 AM
My mum took one look at my Muse poster and said, "Why do you like all these ugly men? Why not Hugh Grant?"

Kirby
15-01-2010, 11:06 PM
My mum took one look at my Muse poster and said, "Why do you like all these ugly men? Why not Hugh Grant?"

OH NO SHE DIDN'T. :facepalm:
btw I love your username :LOL:

Wolsten_homie
16-01-2010, 09:46 AM
She did indeed :(

Haha thanks. I have a latin teacher whose last name is Kirby :p Omg you're not her in disguise are you :eek:

Kirby
16-01-2010, 09:02 PM
She did indeed :(

Haha thanks. I have a latin teacher whose last name is Kirby :p Omg you're not her in disguise are you :eek:

No but I'm glad it's a she.... All the other Kirbys seem to be guys :chuckle:

Wolsten_homie
17-01-2010, 02:00 AM
No but I'm glad it's a she.... All the other Kirbys seem to be guys :chuckle:

Don't be glad...she's quite an insufferable lady actually :stunned:

Jemma
17-01-2010, 02:01 AM
My friends in England dont like 'em. They like JLS. :indiff:

My friends in N.Ireland Love 'em.

Kirby
17-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Don't be glad...she's quite an insufferable lady actually :stunned:

OH NO! :eek:

Mushroom-Knight
17-01-2010, 05:10 AM
Hm.... most of my friends know absolutely about them. :erm:

-When I did a project of Matt in English, one of my best friends said he looked hideous. :eek:
-One just got converted into loving them by me showing her KoC and Futurism ;)
-One got into Muse the same exact time I got into Muse because we were in the car when Hysteria came on. :awesome:
-And the weirdest one was my friend that fell in love with Matt Bellamy's TiRO shuffle when I emailed it to her. She emailed back about 20 minutes later saying that she's already addicted to the songs she's heard. And that he's one of the hottest guys ever. :LOL: (he IS the hottest guy ever, it's just that hardly anyone thinks so when they first see him! :eek:)

My mom and dad drop the "30" and "ugly" bombs too, but they both love Muse, which is totally awesome. Same with my brothers (my younger one teases me about liking Matt and Dom >.> )
But the weirdest thing was that most of my aunts and uncles already knew Muse about 3 years before me (they all listen to rock/alternative stations) and said that they're absolutely awesome and really talented!! :D

Ahkmed
17-01-2010, 05:44 AM

My mom fancies Chris, but she didn't like Matt at first, now she is all "Err....he is...kind of cute."

Wolsten_homie
17-01-2010, 06:00 AM
My mom fancies Chris, but she didn't like Matt at first, now she is all "Err....he is...kind of cute."

What is it with mothers fancying Chris? :erm: I mean sure he's got kids, but you can't tell that just by looking at him...

Ahkmed
17-01-2010, 06:04 AM
What is it with mothers fancying Chris? :erm: I mean sure he's got kids, but you can't tell that just by looking at him...
I know :LOL: She said that Matt is too small :phu: Is it weird that I like small men? :$ I think it's sexy when they're short. But I also love me some Chris. :happy:

Wolsten_homie
17-01-2010, 07:43 AM
I think it's sexy when they're short. But I also love me some Chris. :happy:

+1

(have i used that +1 correctly? Aw man im such a n00b)

Kirby
17-01-2010, 05:07 PM

I was just thinking that... I guess that's okay since most of the younger people fancy Matt or Dom, so it balances out (I mean, it's kinda awkward if you and your mom think the same guy is hot) :LOL:

About 27 Shockwaves
18-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I was just thinking that... I guess that's okay since most of the younger people fancy Matt or Dom, so it balances out (I mean, it's kinda awkward if you and your mom think the same guy is hot) :LOL:

:$ *closes folder dedicated to Chris*

*sigh* Awkward indeed....

Of course, I'm only in my teens so I can say he's hot, but it's a bit wrong to think of him like ":eyebrows:" like some people do...

Anyways, my school's secretary is a massive Muse fan, and I just got the heads up that she's gonna call me to the office tomorrow and demand to know why she isn't invited to the Boston gig with me... :stunned: *is scared*

pokemew
18-01-2010, 03:27 PM

:LOL: my mom said she would eat him up while I was making my parents watch HAARP :pope: :facepalm: she said Dom was cute, but when she saw him in profile, she didn't like him :noey: and said Matt looked like a LIZARD :LOL:

...but I AM a PCTer... (and PDTer even if I dont lurk there much) :$ chris just has charm...dunno :chuckle: WOLSTENFIERCE POWER

Kirby
18-01-2010, 03:29 PM
:LOL: my mom said she would eat him up while I was making ma parents watch HAARP :pope: :facepalm: she said Dom was cute, but when she saw him in profile, she didn't like him :noey: and said Matt looked like a LIZARD :LOL:

...but I AM PCTer... (and PDTer even if I dont lurk there much) :$ chris just has charm...dunno :chuckle:

Oh my. :facepalm:

I don't post on any of the PT's but I always lurk in the PMT :LOL:
One time I dropped by the PCT, there were actually some really adorable pictures on there :happy:

pokemew
18-01-2010, 03:30 PM

One time I dropped by the PCT, there were actually some really adorable pictures on there :happy:

:chuckle:

I really don't fancy matt in...that way :erm: but when it's Dom or Chris... :$

Kirby
18-01-2010, 03:37 PM
:chuckle:

I really don't fancy matt in...that way :erm: but when it's Dom or Chris... :$

I like Matt the best

I like Dom somewhat, I mean, he's really good looking and stuff, but for some reason I seem to like Matt more :$

Chris... I just feel bad fancying him since he's married... :facepalm:

EDIT: I love your avatar :D

Wolsten_homie
19-01-2010, 02:08 AM
:$ *closes folder dedicated to Chris*

*sigh* Awkward indeed....

Of course, I'm only in my teens so I can say he's hot, but it's a bit wrong to think of him like ":eyebrows:" like some people do...

Naww no shame in thinking Chris is hot...I mean, goddamnit that smile of his...*melts into heap on the ground*

IMO Dom is just...he is just pure sex :awesome:

What can I say about Maffoo :chuckle:

Wolsten_homie
19-01-2010, 02:10 AM

Those places...they scare me silly :$

pokemew I love your avatar too, it's so lol :LOL:

lightisbright
19-01-2010, 02:12 AM
A few of my friends are closet Musers. The rest are impartial and say that Muse really isn't as great as I make them out to be. :LOL: Ah well. It's not like I really care if they are fans or not. More Muse for me. :awesome:

Tofu
19-01-2010, 02:13 AM
I think all three are pretty cute in their own ways, I just like Matt the most. :$
My mom doesn't like any of them though.

Wolsten_homie
19-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I think all three are pretty cute in their own ways, I just like Matt the most. :$
My mom doesn't like any of them though.

:eek: is she blind?!
Nah joking, joking. My parents don't like any of them either :rolleyes:

Uhh I meant my mum, cos obviously my dad wouldn't like any of them...although he told me he got hit on my a gay man once O_____O

Okay you didn't need to know that

Dannyveno
26-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Most of them: "meh, his voice sounds too high"
Some other guy: "They use too much effect pedals"
One of my friends when my phone rang: "Hey, isn't that Hysteria?"

ShatteredTime
26-04-2011, 01:50 PM
One of my friends loves them... (She came with me at Wembley...:D)
The other one I got her into Muse and did her a CD of their best songs....
This face :awesome: came on my face when I saw out of the corner of my eye my friend miming to Uprising. xD
Also she set Hysteria as my ring tone if I call her....:awesome:

JadeLovesMuse
26-04-2011, 02:49 PM
I have two obsessed friends, one that's obsessed with Dom not the band, about 7 that love them and the rest either just like them or hate them with a passion!
:D
I have a couple of Muse obsessed teachers too! :awesome:

jackparker
26-04-2011, 03:22 PM
All my friends hate them :(
they all listen to either green day or pop, hip hop and rap and all that stuff.
My teachers like them. I almost got one to see them live but they werent able too :(
my DT teacher recognised them when he saw a picture from the TR Arena Tour
my mum and dad really like them
my sister only likes it when she is in a good mood and interested in it...

Pwoperfisher96
26-04-2011, 03:29 PM
couple months ago they said that muse sux and Matt can't play guitar. Now they like Muse. Still two of my schoolmates hate Muse(they listen to Katy Perry and Smurf music[?!?!?]) and then I remind them what they listen to they stops to annoy me. rly they are patheic... :stongue:

freakofconverse
26-04-2011, 04:09 PM
my best friend also loves them we went to rock werchter to see them, to sportpaleis in Antwerp and now we're going to the Reading festival to see them

TrebleRose689
26-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm very lucky because I've been able to convert two of my best friends into Muse fans, and I have two other friends who were already Musers when I met them :D The rest of my friends all like them, at the very least (though some more than others... but there's still only about 4 friends who I can really consider "fans")

And when it comes to fangirling, all my friends seem to find Dom the most attractive, for some reason :chuckle: But the majority think all three are good-looking ;) (Except my friend who says Matt looks like a pedophile :LOL:)

Dave
26-04-2011, 08:51 PM
I have a few friends who are bi-muse. Some songs they like others they hate. The ones they like are mainly starlight, hysteria and smbh. The ones they hate are older ones or one that aren't singles. One of my friends hates them, he said they're pop :mad: and that they're chessey, I find it ironic coming from a guy whos fav band is bon jovi :rolleyes:

JoMUSE16
26-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I have one friend who like Uprising and Feeling Good... he hasn't listened to anything else...
Two of my teachers at college seem to like them, i just sit with them chatting away :chuckle: one of them sang Starlight to me because i was upset and told me her husband had worked with Muse on one of their tours! :happy:

Sparky_
26-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Well, i live in Devon, 20 minutes away from Tinmuff. so i had about 20 people in my year who went to Seaside Rendezvous, who think they are Muse fans :LOL: it really pisses me off :p "StArLiGhT iS TeH BeSt SoNg EvA RiTeN!!!!!" :rolleyes: but i have one mate who went Wembley 2010 and a few other friends who really like them :awesome:

muse2503
26-04-2011, 11:05 PM
My best friend said Muse are mainstream :stunned: She hates them, but I hate her music, we're forever arguing about which is best. I have a few friends who really like Muse but I think I'm more obsessed with them than they are, and I quite like it that way. I feel like Muse are my band, and they can all like Kings of Leon and all that other stuff I hate :)

Kueller917
26-04-2011, 11:22 PM
My friends like them. Although except for one, I was the one who introduced them into Muse and turned them into fans.
Outside of my friends, no one really cares for them or even knows them except for Uprising or Starlight.

AviatorAsphyxiation
27-04-2011, 09:28 AM
I have a really close friend who is a full on muser like me :LOL: it can get a bit dangerous at times. :chuckle: Another of my best mates loves them, and knows all their stuff, including B-sides, but he's not an 'obsessive' kind of guy. And my other friends like Muse too, but in the ordinary, "Oh, I like this song but can't remember what it's called" kind of way.

GSMU7
27-04-2011, 03:31 PM
I think i've put all my mates off Muse :LOL:

Tjet
27-04-2011, 04:12 PM
My best friend said Muse are mainstream :stunned:
well...they are.

LyraSilvertongue
27-04-2011, 04:25 PM
well...they are.

How did I know that was the part you'd respond to :chuckle:

Tjet
27-04-2011, 04:26 PM
How did I know that was the part you'd respond to :chuckle:
I could have responded to the rest of that "I feel like Muse are my band" nonsense too, but meeh. :p

LyraSilvertongue
27-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I could have responded to the rest of that "I feel like Muse are my band" nonsense too, but meeh. :p

They're not hers, they're mine :phu:

miss_meadows
27-04-2011, 04:42 PM
They're not hers, they're mine :phu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDsBdOo_FD8

Having a fangirl moment?

LyraSilvertongue
27-04-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDsBdOo_FD8

Having a fangirl moment?

Not really.

a-museing
27-04-2011, 04:48 PM
They haven't really got any strong opinions on Muse tbh. Two of them came to see them at the o2 with me and they loved it especially the one who had never heard any of their songs. (I'll never know why she paid that much money without knowing their song but w/e). I had to go to see them at Oxegen by myself because my other friends wanted to see Black Eyed Peas instead. :vomit:

However I was talking to a friend recently and she told me that she always thought Muse were shit until she heard the Resistance, their first good album. Obviously I laughed in her face.

My best friend said Muse are mainstream :stunned: She hates them, but I hate her music, we're forever arguing about which is best. I have a few friends who really like Muse but I think I'm more obsessed with them than they are, and I quite like it that way. I feel like Muse are my band, and they can all like Kings of Leon and all that other stuff I hate :)

So they dislike Muse for being mainstream, yet they like Kings of Leon? :LOL:

Tjet
27-04-2011, 04:50 PM
So they dislike Muse for being mainstream, yet they like Kings of Leon? :LOL:
I don't think it was the same person/people :p

ninjabanana
28-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I have one friend who loves them, another girl i am aquainted with who loves them.... annnd thats it. Most of my friends hate them.

RadioMuseHead
30-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Loads of my friends love Muse, Everyone at school generally has at least Plug In Baby, Hysteria, Supermassive, Uprising and Undisclosed of their iPod. The only perfon I know that hates muse listens to screamo, so it's no big loss. 'Twlight' people aren't very common anymore (Lots of people did find about them through it but there's none of that "OMG they have Twilight song" crap anymore).

Stewez
30-04-2011, 11:14 AM
One friend who I managed to get into who is borderline of being obsessed like me :p Well, he doesn't follow them as much as I do. Another friend who I've given the last 4 albums to, he seems to have roughly the same favourite songs as me at this stage. Everyone else either likes UD or hates them.

Mum has some interest but doesn't care, Dad loves them and went to the Melbourne gig with me, all my brothers love them because I play them non stop D:

MartinSM
30-04-2011, 06:28 PM
I've managed to convert someone who only knew one or two songs into full blown obsessiveness, and I know a couple who became pretty obsessed on their own, while quite a lot of friends only casually know a few songs, but only things like SMBH. I only know one or two who dislike them, and that's probably only because they've never really listened to them, and probably would if they heard the right songs, I think they've heard the popier songs only, but if they heard something like Stockholm their opinion would change, so I'm setting off to hook as many people as I can.:LOL:

RayFan9876
02-05-2011, 07:05 PM
My friends think Muse "sucks," which is the first response I always get from anyone around here.

One of my friends thinks all their songs sound the sane,

Another says the singer is a whiny bitch.

Another say it's "robot death."

Another says they're gay.

Another says they're gay because of Twilight.

Another says they're from Twilight.

Another says they're "okay".

muser098
03-05-2011, 09:21 PM
They hated muse now I hate them. Simple as.

aman779
04-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Things friends and family says

The vocalist is gay
too whiny
Fuck them
dististurbed is better
their gay cause u like them

Most: Who are they?
Few: Their ok...
Less: YAY Muse!
THELEASTFREAKINGPOSSIBLE: :awesome:M:awesome:U:awesome:S:awesome:E:awesome:

and no one does few; less and the last one

Tjet
05-05-2011, 11:29 AM
What is it with people and thinking that their friends needs to listen to Muse to be worthy of their friendship?

miss_meadows
05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Friendship is more than having the same taste in music. And honestly, if my friends forced me to listen to her/his fave band every day or didn't have any other topic to talk about I'd hate that band too.

Eggfooyung
05-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I have a group of about 3 hard core muse fan friends. Among us pwoper muse catchphrases abound. I have systematically spread the love around the rest. Alot of them listen to them casually and just have the more popular/recent stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I dismiss allegations of whinyness by pointing out if Matt is whiny, at least he is whining about epic stuff; like the end of the world... or aliens.

Korni
05-05-2011, 06:40 PM
My friends say Matt is 'perfect'.
I say he's arrogant and ignorant.
Problem?

Tjet
05-05-2011, 06:44 PM
My friends say Matt is 'perfect'.
I say he's arrogant and ignorant.
Problem?
NO U

Korni
05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
NO U

Simon, how the fuck do you manage to always find me on the board?

Tjet
05-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I keep track of every thread.

Korni
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I keep track of every thread.

You need something better to do.
like, take more pictures of yourself.
or shower more.

Clom
05-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Well, i live in Devon, 20 minutes away from Tinmuff. so i had about 20 people in my year who went to Seaside Rendezvous, who think they are Muse fans :LOL: it really pisses me off :p "StArLiGhT iS TeH BeSt SoNg EvA RiTeN!!!!!" :rolleyes: but i have one mate who went Wembley 2010 and a few other friends who really like them :awesome:

Where do you live exactly? :p

LyraSilvertongue
06-05-2011, 12:30 AM
You need something better to do.
like, take more pictures of yourself.
or shower more.

Don't encourage him...

RayFan9876
06-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Where do you live exactly? :p

He doesn't, he died and went to heaven.

MUSESTL
11-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Best friend loves them just as much as I do, some of my friends like their pop songs and most know at least some of their stuff from me. My best friend's girlfriend despises Matt's voice

mrskopite
11-05-2011, 07:52 AM
They usually say "Who are Muse?" :mad::p

Farelial
11-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Most of my friends secretly hate it, but they've accepted that they can't get rid of Muse at least as long as they are my friends. So they suffer :LOL:

Gohenko
11-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Almost every one of my friends says they hate Muse, but they can never really say WHY they hate them. Weird... :erm: But luckily one of my best friends is finally starting to like them and my band accepts that we're playing mostly Muse covers right now :D Although they still refuse to cover most of Muse's songs, like Bliss, TSP, Fury, and many others...

_Shobbish_
17-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I have a crew of friends who like muse just like me. We went to a concert together too!:awesome:

Some other friends don't like it, but I don't care :D

tvaettbraedan
17-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Have one friend who kind of likes Muse. Though my other friends... They really hate Muse and think the falsetto in their songs are feminine. :mad:

Maggsec4
20-08-2011, 06:38 AM
some people i know say they like them, but when i ask them what songs they know they say they don't know the names.

My other friend doesn't listen to them, but he knows how obsessed i am about them. But he called Matt, Matthew Bellamount . well at least he tried.

Most of my friends don't listen to Muse, but they know about them from me, and most refer them to the twilight band. -_-