PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Ghosty Ghost
26-09-2009, 03:33 AM
Part 7 is finally here!

http://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/var/sciencelearn/storage/images/contexts/hidden_taonga/sci_media/images/haast_s_eagle/113782-1-eng-NZ/haast_s_eagle_full_size_landscape.jpg

Welcome to Moatearoa

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Magnificent opening post.

JoBear
26-09-2009, 03:38 AM
i wanted moatearmoa. :LOL:

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Ooh, double moa.

Moakeamoa?

Ghosty Ghost
26-09-2009, 03:40 AM
As much as I love that picture, it doesn't look like the moas are doing much resisting :LOL:

JoBear
26-09-2009, 03:40 AM
http://www.terranature.org/eagleHaast.jpg

JoBear
26-09-2009, 03:45 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3011/3081867242_0f2a8f0889.jpg

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 03:45 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/DB/071998/002390.jpg
Has a slightly moa-esque neck, does Grant Elliott.

Ghosty Ghost
26-09-2009, 03:50 AM
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2765/eaglehaast.jpg

JoBear
26-09-2009, 04:08 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2268/2160064301_bb0a0c5b90.jpg?v=0

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 04:08 AM
A tad frightening.

Ghosty Ghost
26-09-2009, 04:12 AM
I call fake.

Michelle
26-09-2009, 06:52 AM
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2765/eaglehaast.jpg

:LOL:

Party time for Part 7! :party:

Wish I had the time and resources to make a nice new cake, but a Moa beer shall do for now.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Moabeer.jpg

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Mmm, Moa beer. :happy:

Have you had a good day, Michelle?

Michelle
26-09-2009, 07:03 AM
It's been alright thanks, I've just had an afternoon of study.

How's your day off going?

Spy Fox
26-09-2009, 07:04 AM
We have lift off.

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 07:12 AM
It's been alright thanks, I've just had an afternoon of study.

How's your day off going?
Not too bad thanks. :)

The news just had something about Sir Howard Morrison. That's fair enough, it's a big story. But they said "we'll go live now to Rotorua for the latest." For the latest? How has the situation changed? I assume he's still dead.

Michelle
26-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Yeah, there shouldn't be too much progress beyond his death. Silly news writers need to get more specific, like 'further details on his funeral later' :rolleyes:

darkshineskitty
26-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh hey, new Moa thread! I was wondering before why I couldn't quote on the old thread :LOL:

http://itswhatyoumakeofit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mds-3dvfxblog-moa-and-birdland.jpg

Jo, my registration was due about a month ago. I'm not sure that I can get off for that, since it's not one of those acceptable reasons to get it waived :(
Had a big argument with mum today 'cos she's all bitter towards my dad since the separation and keeps insisting that he pay the fine since the car is under his name. It's lame that she can't stop being all bitter about it and keeps trying to use me to get back at my dad :mad:

Alexander is going for 3 and a half hours on TV One :stunned:

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Had a big argument with mum today 'cos she's all bitter towards my dad since the separation and keeps insisting that he pay the fine since the car is under his name. It's lame that she can't stop being all bitter about it and keeps trying to use me to get back at my dad :mad:
That must be really uncomfortable for you. Sorry to hear. :( Hope it stops soon.

Isn't Alexander meant to be one of the worst films ever?

Tacticalkat
26-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Yaay new thread!!! Hahaha it took them long enough to notice we were over! Nearly 11 thousand!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend, I haven't been on the board since Friday and have been having withdrawls from all your stories. I am sad!!!!!

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 01:59 PM
So what have you been doing?

Tacticalkat
26-09-2009, 02:02 PM
So what have you been doing?

Oooh hello! Didn't think anyone would be on!

Friday night had dinner in the viaduct at a place called Mecca for a mate's birthday. The most ridiculously overpriced place I have ever been to in my life! The average glass of wine was $10! And there was one for $17 per GLASS!!!

Service wasn't great and my ginger beer was flat so it wasn't that great, but we had fun all the same!

Today I had a mad shopping spree, (very rare for me) top to toe outfitted in under two hours which was sweeeet as I hate shopping!
Tonight have been to Parnell to see my friend's band play, which was really cool.

How about you?

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 02:03 PM
All sounds good!

I've done...nothing. :erm: Haven't even left the house haha. I did kinda need a relaxing nothing day though, so I'm not complaining.

Better go to bed soon I guess. Stupid daylight saving making me lose an hour of sleep.

Tacticalkat
26-09-2009, 02:05 PM
All sounds good!

I've done...nothing. :erm: Haven't even left the house haha. I did kinda need a relaxing nothing day though, so I'm not complaining.

Better go to bed soon I guess. Stupid daylight saving making me lose an hour of sleep.

You know I love weekends like that sometimes, they are the shizzle!
I HATE daylight savings with a passion! It takes me like over a week to get used to it and I get really grumpy!
I should also go to bed!

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I'll go now in fact. Night!

I'll leave you with this:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/jesus-ymca.jpeg
:chuckle:

Tacticalkat
26-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Now that is truly fantastic!

Sleep well! Night!:)

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 11:25 PM
So the paper this morning suggests David Bowie will be announced as the headliner for BDO. I don't know how reliable that is.

Is BDO becoming all about seeing great old artists who are perhaps a wee bit past their best? I liked Neil Young this year, but seriously.

It also said Muse, Placebo, Groove Armada, Massive Attack, The Mars Volta and Kasabian will be named. I'll go for Muse, but there's not much else there for me.

_Ed_
26-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Of course, my opinion of the whole situation would change if David Bowie played Magic Dance and invited Dom on to the stage in whatever awful-coloured pants he's wearing to prance about a bit.

Ghosty Ghost
27-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Isn't Alexander meant to be one of the worst films ever?

It certainly is. I tried to watch it once and couldn't make it all the way through. And I ALWAYS watch movies all the way through if I can. It was just so, so awful.

So the paper this morning suggests David Bowie will be announced as the headliner for BDO. I don't know how reliable that is.

Is BDO becoming all about seeing great old artists who are perhaps a wee bit past their best? I liked Neil Young this year, but seriously.

It also said Muse, Placebo, Groove Armada, Massive Attack, The Mars Volta and Kasabian will be named. I'll go for Muse, but there's not much else there for me.

I think on that lineup I would not go. I'd find that really disappointing, because haven't most (all?) of those been to BDO before? I'd love to see Bowie, but I don't think he could sway me on his own. He hasn't done any touring in ages so don't know how reliable that rumour is anyway.

lensip max
27-09-2009, 12:27 AM

:chuckle::awesome:

It also said Muse, Placebo, Groove Armada, Massive Attack, The Mars Volta and Kasabian will be named. I'll go for Muse, but there's not much else there for me.I'd go for Bowie over Muse. Both would be best though.

Came back from the middle of nowhere and am now up at uni. Y'know, essay writing.

The library doesn't open for another half hour though...

Tacticalkat
27-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Of course, my opinion of the whole situation would change if David Bowie played Magic Dance and invited Dom on to the stage in whatever awful-coloured pants he's wearing to prance about a bit.

Hahhahahaha that would be quite a spectacle!
I have heard the Bowie rumour too, I think I'd like to see him just to see how he performs these days. Though nothing could beat him in Labrynth. Sigghhh.

lensip max
27-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Labrynth used to scare me so much when I was little!
Then when I was about 13 I thought it was awesome (I mean, it is, but I could quote it word for word when I was 13 :LOL: And Nightmare Before Xmas :happy:)

It certainly is. I tried to watch it once and couldn't make it all the way through. And I ALWAYS watch movies all the way through if I can. It was just so, so awful.We used to watch parts of it in Classics last year so that we could point out everything that was wrong with it, historically speaking.
And 300
And Gladiator :chuckle:

lensip max
27-09-2009, 06:45 AM
I haven't written a word of my essay yet.
But I've figured out what I'm gonna say/how I'm arguing it.

And I can pull it off in 1200 words :cool:

For all that, it's 7pm on a Sunday night and I'm at uni which kinda fails :LOL:

It's been such a beautiful day here though that it kinda makes up for it. Crisp, but warm, a little breeze, and just... kind of epic win. The way spring is supposed to be but never is.

Ghosty Ghost
27-09-2009, 07:02 AM
We used to watch parts of it in Classics last year so that we could point out everything that was wrong with it, historically speaking.
And 300

At least in 300 it's intentional, cause the guy who survived is telling the story to the other Spartans and embellishing what happened. Also, there's not much point saying "THAT'S NOT ACCURATE, THE PERSIANS DIDN'T REALLY HAVE BIG FREAKY MUTANTS!!"

Don't forget Troy though!

Michelle
27-09-2009, 07:43 AM
http://itswhatyoumakeofit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mds-3dvfxblog-moa-and-birdland.jpg

:LOL: Curious moa is curious.

Huh. I'd go for Muse of course. I'd see Kasabian if they didn't clash with getting into the barrier, but it's more likely they will be on the main stage this time. But yeah, that'd be quite a repeat of 07 BDO for me.

:LOL: +1.

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm sooooooooo glad there's no school tomorrow. Lie in!

And I'd love to see Bowie if he played stuff off his first four albums.

Ghosty Ghost
27-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm sooooooooo glad there's no school tomorrow. Lie in!

And I'd love to see Bowie if he played stuff off his first four albums.

:wtf: for serious?

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 07:54 AM
:wtf: for serious?
*checks Wiki page*

Numbers 2-5, whoops.

Ghosty Ghost
27-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah couldn't understand why anyone would want to hear the first album :LOL: Even so, I think he did a lot better stuff than albums 2-4. Ziggy is pretty mega though.

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I don't like the later stuff all that much, when he goes all avant-garde and all. I haven't really listened to them as much as I listened to Space Oddity through Ziggy though.

gunnerthekiwi
27-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I would love if Bowie and Massive Attack came. The Bowie rumour seems a bit too good to be true to me though.

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Haha, Jesse Ryder tries to run a quick single and pulls a muscle. Outstanding.

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Haha, Jesse Ryder tries to run a quick single and pulls a muscle. Outstanding.
I'm not watching it.

*flicks Sky Sport on*

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Seems to bat better when he's too badly injured to run.

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Seems to bat better when he's too badly injured to run.
Because he's trying to make it so he doesn't have to run.

Ghosty Ghost
27-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Who chose Tuffey as runner? :LOL:

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Who chose Tuffey as runner? :LOL:
Haha, it doesn't show much confidence in our batting line-up, does it? "Let's get our number 11 to do it...just in case."

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 09:14 AM
We're not doing to badly. I don't trust the middle order though.

*touches wood*

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 09:25 AM
8 fours and one six in his fifty. Ridiculous.

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 09:30 AM
We should use the batting powerplay and make the most of it while he's playing like this.

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 09:37 AM
We should use the batting powerplay and make the most of it while he's playing like this.
Run Rate is still ticking over. Maybe wait until they're almost forced to use the bowling power play, just to get rid of it.

lensip max
27-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't like the later stuff all that much, when he goes all avant-garde and all. I haven't really listened to them as much as I listened to Space Oddity through Ziggy though.I'm inclined to agree, though I do love Diamond Dogs as well.

At least in 300 it's intentional, cause the guy who survived is telling the story to the other Spartans and embellishing what happened. Also, there's not much point saying "THAT'S NOT ACCURATE, THE PERSIANS DIDN'T REALLY HAVE BIG FREAKY MUTANTS!!"

Don't forget Troy though!:LOL: We did watch bits of Troy as well haha.
And we didn't watch that bit of 300 anyway! :p
We watched it predominantly for battle formations etc. With Alexander it was specific battles/impt moments (and those really were epically mushed up on-screen), and with Troy, bits and pieces about the Temple of Apollo, Achilles and again, style of warfare.

Guh. Sunday night and I have sooo much work still to do... yet here I am, procrastinating :facepalm:

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Guh. Sunday night and I have sooo much work still to do... yet here I am, procrastinating :facepalm:

'tis what I tend to do always. I'm procrastinating about going to bed now. :LOL:

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I have a presentation tomorrow...should maybe start working on it some time.

It's nothing major though, I just have to summarise my essay. Copy and paste will be used extensively, methinks.

lensip max
27-09-2009, 10:38 AM
'tis what I tend to do always. I'm procrastinating about going to bed now. :LOL::LOL: aren't you on holidays?

I have a presentation tomorrow...should maybe start working on it some time.

It's nothing major though, I just have to summarise my essay. Copy and paste will be used extensively, methinks.Luckyyyy. I have this essay to write 2m. Gonna head to uni at about 7am. Stay there for the next 10 hours.

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Shit. Have fun with that.

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 10:46 AM
:LOL: aren't you on holidays?

Doesn't mean I don't have to sleep. I actually do, my neck is killing me. Hot Wheat Sack, here I come.

lensip max
27-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Shit. Have fun with that.Tonnes of fun.

My consolation is that I sometimes score a free hot breakfast at uni that early at the marae, at least.
Doesn't mean I don't have to sleep. I actually do, my neck is killing me. Hot Wheat Sack, here I come.Fair enough haha. I have tortocullis (my-neck-vertebrae-are-wonky-itis) so I can understand that.
Hot wheat packs are <3

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 10:56 AM
My consolation is that I sometimes score a free hot breakfast at uni that early at the marae, at least.
That's pretty sweet!

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Fair enough haha. I have tortocullis (my-neck-vertebrae-are-wonky-itis) so I can understand that.
Hot wheat packs are <3

:erm: Must suck sometimes.

They are awesome.

Tacticalkat
27-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Tonnes of fun.

Fair enough haha. I have tortocullis (my-neck-vertebrae-are-wonky-itis) so I can understand that.
Hot wheat packs are <3

Wheat packs save lives man!!!

They are fab for my busted jaw AND kneee =) And basically anywhere else that should need it =)

Hello all and good night all, 4 hours of climbing has killed me!
xx

Spy Fox
27-09-2009, 11:08 AM
4 hours, you're crazy. In a good way ;)

Tacticalkat
27-09-2009, 11:14 AM
4 hours, you're crazy. In a good way ;)

Hahhaha thanks! ;) It wasn't meant to be four hours, we were just on a roll and didn't notice the time.

Until I realised I couldn't stand up anymore :LOL:

Night!

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Until I realised I couldn't stand up anymore :LOL:
Haha, extreme.

darkshineskitty
27-09-2009, 12:04 PM
It certainly is. I tried to watch it once and couldn't make it all the way through. And I ALWAYS watch movies all the way through if I can. It was just so, so awful.

It's not that bad... kind of :LOL: The only thing that gets me through it is the Colin Farrell and Jared Leto guylove :chuckle: I can't help but chuckle at some of the lines they have. Plus I love to hate Jared Leto.

Hahhahahaha that would be quite a spectacle!
I have heard the Bowie rumour too, I think I'd like to see him just to see how he performs these days. Though nothing could beat him in Labrynth. Sigghhh.

Labyrinth Bowie <3
Omg if Bowie came I would be right up there at the front :eek: It would be so awesome! Bowie is a strange combination of fascinating, legendary, and older-man sexy. But I would think he would do his own show rather than just a small gig set.

Labrynth used to scare me so much when I was little!
Then when I was about 13 I thought it was awesome (I mean, it is, but I could quote it word for word when I was 13 :LOL: And Nightmare Before Xmas :happy:)

We used to watch parts of it in Classics last year so that we could point out everything that was wrong with it, historically speaking.
And 300

I can still recite almost every line of both of those :phu: :LOL:

And yes! We had to watch it too :happy: Good way to not have to do work for a few periods.

Had a shitty day today :( Got very upset about getting car registration done. I had to go over to Dad's and get money to do rego and change the ownership so it's under my name. I felt really bad asking his for all this money when he just got back from overseas. Mum was being a douche again by being all 'I won't pay anything if it's under your fathers name!' and 'He can pay the bill- demand that he pay it since its in his name' and 'He left all these debts behind that you have to know about!'. And now Dad has to pay more for worse insurance cover because it's under my name.
My mum is so self-centred. All the time it's just 'me' this and 'I' that. And she always plays the martyr as well, going on about how her mother never listens to her and is mean to her (even though every time she calls my mum is like 'say I'm not home') and how she's always made to shut up (not true) and has been all oppressed and victimised (also not true). So whenever she goes on about my dad its always about how hard it is for her, and how much hardship she was left with, and how no-one ever listens to her feelings :rolleyes::mad: fucking hell. And then I'll be like 'actually I don't want to know about whatever issues you and dad have to work out' and she's like 'yes! you do need to know!'. No I fucking don't. Don't bring me into the middle of whatever. Stop asking me all these questions about where he lives now and shit because I don't want to be in the middle!

And I still don't have a job :( FUUUU-

_Ed_
27-09-2009, 12:07 PM
God, that does sound like a very shitty day. :( Perfectly understandable that you'd be upset by that ordeal.

It's really unfair refusing to help you at all with the payment considering that you haven't got an income at the moment. And extremely unfair on your dad.

lensip max
27-09-2009, 01:10 PM
That's pretty sweet!Tis. They gave me dinner tonight as well :happy:

:erm: Must suck sometimes.It's okay as long as I keep my physio exercises up - and no one knows unless I tell them haha. The only external sign of it is that the tendons in my neck are very... like... defined? Sticky outy as.

Plus it's a good way to avoid stupid compliments/woefully inadequate attempts at seduction :yesey:
"You have such a sexy neck..."
"I have tortocullis, asshole."
Wheat packs save lives man!!!

They are fab for my busted jaw AND kneee =) And basically anywhere else that should need it =)

Hello all and good night all, 4 hours of climbing has killed me!
xx:LOL: Goodnight, yes, they win, and hope you had fun :happy:

I can still recite almost every line of both of those :phu: :LOL:I think I can pretty much recite Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind word for word, but that's about it now lol.

Had a shitty day today :( Got very upset about getting car registration done. I had to go over to Dad's and get money to do rego and change the ownership so it's under my name. I felt really bad asking his for all this money when he just got back from overseas. Mum was being a douche again by being all 'I won't pay anything if it's under your fathers name!' and 'He can pay the bill- demand that he pay it since its in his name' and 'He left all these debts behind that you have to know about!'. And now Dad has to pay more for worse insurance cover because it's under my name.
My mum is so self-centred. All the time it's just 'me' this and 'I' that. And she always plays the martyr as well, going on about how her mother never listens to her and is mean to her (even though every time she calls my mum is like 'say I'm not home') and how she's always made to shut up (not true) and has been all oppressed and victimised (also not true). So whenever she goes on about my dad its always about how hard it is for her, and how much hardship she was left with, and how no-one ever listens to her feelings :rolleyes::mad: fucking hell. And then I'll be like 'actually I don't want to know about whatever issues you and dad have to work out' and she's like 'yes! you do need to know!'. No I fucking don't. Don't bring me into the middle of whatever. Stop asking me all these questions about where he lives now and shit because I don't want to be in the middle!

And I still don't have a job :( FUUUU-That's so horrible :( I'm sorry. Your mum needs to respect your relationship with your dad heaps. Otoh she's possibly hurt by the differences in your separate (but equal) relationships with the both of them. It's such a mess to deal with though. You have my sympathies, really. And sorry for the 2nd hand psychoanalysis.

3 MOAR READINGS AND I CAN SLEEP :awesome:

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 06:02 AM
So Bill English is paying the money back because he's had enough of it being an issue in the media. Not that it was wrong that he was getting the money in the first place.

JoBear
28-09-2009, 07:11 AM
So Bill English is paying the money back because he's had enough of it being an issue in the media. Not that it was wrong that he was getting the money in the first place.
what fucks me off is we're suppose to be grateful.

got my transfer letter today. going the 12th october to the new branch. having a date, and one only 2 weeks away is really upsetting. i'm really going to miss one of my managers and a couple of my workmates. :( don't think the over 60s are going to get my overly sarcastic humour or my strange noise making at my desk when i'm bored (where is bill and kristin who sit beside me now just know its a sign to chat to me!).

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 07:14 AM
:(
That really sucks. It's not fair that you don't get any say in it.

lensip max
28-09-2009, 07:46 AM
So Bill English is paying the money back because he's had enough of it being an issue in the media. Not that it was wrong that he was getting the money in the first place.I'm glad I shunned him in a propaganda photo shoot when I was little.

got my transfer letter today. going the 12th october to the new branch. having a date, and one only 2 weeks away is really upsetting. i'm really going to miss one of my managers and a couple of my workmates. :( don't think the over 60s are going to get my overly sarcastic humour or my strange noise making at my desk when i'm bored (where is bill and kristin who sit beside me now just know its a sign to chat to me!).Awww :( I'm sorry.

Sick againnnn. I really should get those blood tests done. In the meantime I will watch extreme makeover and feel quite healthy by comparison.

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I really should get those blood tests done.
:yesey:

JoBear
28-09-2009, 07:55 AM
they have this girl in mine to take my position at my current branch, from another insurer. she's basically been guaranteed the job. and what does she do? doesn't turn up to the interview today - doesn't even phone to say why! well done.

oh well, i'm just hoping for an awesome bonus in november so i can leave quicker.

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 07:56 AM
she's basically been guaranteed the job. and what does she do? doesn't turn up to the interview today - doesn't even phone to say why! well done.
That's pretty poor form.

lensip max
28-09-2009, 08:08 AM
:yesey:Thing is, I don't want to be sick sick. So I don't want to get tests done case they confirm that I am indeed sick in a srs way. Plus I always feel embarrassed when I go see my doctor, because I used to be like, epically healthy wonderkid :LOL:

they have this girl in mine to take my position at my current branch, from another insurer. she's basically been guaranteed the job. and what does she do? doesn't turn up to the interview today - doesn't even phone to say why! well done.Maybe something awful happened to her, and new jobs became the last thing on her mind...

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Thing is, I don't want to be sick sick. So I don't want to get tests done case they confirm that I am indeed sick in a srs way.
Yeah, I get that.

It would be great if there was something they could do to make you feel better though.

lensip max
28-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I get that.

It would be great if there was something they could do to make you feel better though.True, but as both my mum and dad are sick with liver disease and heart disease collectively atm, I probably wouldn't be able to afford the drugs or whatever.

Plus because of my parents' life choices my doctor is totally against ever giving me anything stronger than panadol anyway :LOL:

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 09:37 AM
I see. Sound reasoning. Hope you feel better soon anyway.

I had my last presentation of the year today. It went ok, and I'm so amazingly glad it's over. This beer is tasting pretty good right now.

Feel a bit uncomfortable announcing that bit of good news, with seemingly everyone else going through some pretty shit times at the moment!

Ghosty Ghost
28-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Good old average Oren is here with his fair-to-middling life.

Edite: That reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is 'Even Steven' :chuckle:

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Are you Even Steven?

One of my favourite Seinfeld episodes.

Edit: Ooh, you beat me to it with your edit. Sneaky.

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 09:45 AM
I love when he gets dumped and he's like, "oh, that's ok. I'll meet somebody else. It's been fun."

Ghosty Ghost
28-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah and he is all upbeat about it. Great episode!

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 09:47 AM
And Elaine gets dumped after buying lollies between being told her boyfriend's been in an accident and going to see him in hospital.

Might have to go and watch this episode right now...

Ghosty Ghost
28-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Jujyfruits! :LOL:

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Have you heard Jerry and Larry's commentary on that episode? They start laughing uncontrollably when George does that Buddy Rich line "I'll take you outside and show you what it's like!". :LOL: Love it.

Ghosty Ghost
28-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah that whole story is hilarious, I'd like to hear the original recording.

Do you think jujyfruits or junior mints had the funnier story?

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 10:02 AM
That's a tough one, but I might have to go for the junior mints. I love that episode too.

- How could they not notice?
- Because it's a small mint. It's a junior mint.

- It's chocolate, it's mint, it's delicious!
- That's true.
- It's very refreshing!

lensip max
28-09-2009, 10:04 AM

I had my last presentation of the year today. It went ok, and I'm so amazingly glad it's over. This beer is tasting pretty good right now.

Feel a bit uncomfortable announcing that bit of good news, with seemingly everyone else going through some pretty shit times at the moment!Thanks.

And you shouldn't! Good news is always awesome :awesome:

One more essay due this friday and then I am done until November exams.

In the meantime, Pushing Daisies is on soon :awesome:

Ghosty Ghost
28-09-2009, 10:13 AM
That's a tough one, but I might have to go for the junior mints. I love that episode too.

- How could they not notice?
- Because it's a small mint. It's a junior mint.

- It's chocolate, it's mint, it's delicious!
- That's true.
- It's very refreshing!
And the doctor at the end - "it was something from above"

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 10:14 AM
In the meantime, Pushing Daisies is on soon :awesome:
:awesome:

To celebrate, here's one of my favourite scenes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbe1m30RS8c

Tacticalkat
28-09-2009, 10:22 AM
It's not that bad... kind of :LOL: The only thing that gets me through it is the Colin Farrell and Jared Leto guylove :chuckle: I can't help but chuckle at some of the lines they have. Plus I love to hate Jared Leto.

Labyrinth Bowie <3
Omg if Bowie came I would be right up there at the front :eek: It would be so awesome! Bowie is a strange combination of fascinating, legendary, and older-man sexy. But I would think he would do his own show rather than just a small gig set.

I can still recite almost every line of both of those :phu: :LOL:

And yes! We had to watch it too :happy: Good way to not have to do work for a few periods.

And I still don't have a job :( FUUUU-

Oh man you poor thing, being in the middle of the parents crap is the worst thing ever. I don't care how close I am to my family, I DO NOT need to know their issues, it's awful.

got my transfer letter today. going the 12th october to the new branch. having a date, and one only 2 weeks away is really upsetting. i'm really going to miss one of my managers and a couple of my workmates. :( don't think the over 60s are going to get my overly sarcastic humour or my strange noise making at my desk when i'm bored (where is bill and kristin who sit beside me now just know its a sign to chat to me!).

Oh no! Hopefully you will be surprised and the oldies will have a roaring sense of humour (fingers crossed for you anyway)

Feel a bit uncomfortable announcing that bit of good news, with seemingly everyone else going through some pretty shit times at the moment!

I'm so glad someone had a good day today, I had the worst day ever. The anaesthetist working with me picked on me all day because he was in such a bad mood, bullied me so bad that I actually had to walk out of theatre and barricade myself in a room and bawled my eyes out for a good hour.
One of my supervisors was really good and said he would follow it up as he was so out of line.
I've never felt so low or so embarrassed! But then when I text my workmate who is also my climbing buddy, he text and said "me and the wife are on the way to pick you up now, you are going home"
And they picked me up, took me for a big walk in the park with the dogs, took me out for dinner and then out climbing.

I felt pretty special, no one has ever done anything like that for me before.

I'm worried about tomorrow though, my scary boss is going to want to talk to me about it and I really don't want to have to go through it again

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm so glad someone had a good day today, I had the worst day ever. The anaesthetist working with me picked on me all day because he was in such a bad mood, bullied me so bad that I actually had to walk out of theatre and barricade myself in a room and bawled my eyes out for a good hour.
One of my supervisors was really good and said he would follow it up as he was so out of line.
I've never felt so low or so embarrassed! But then when I text my workmate who is also my climbing buddy, he text and said "me and the wife are on the way to pick you up now, you are going home"
And they picked me up, took me for a big walk in the park with the dogs, took me out for dinner and then out climbing.

I'm worried about tomorrow though, my scary boss is going to want to talk to me about it and I really don't want to have to go through it again
That's awful, poor you!

That workmate sounds like a pretty awesome guy though. That's a really awesome thing to do.

Tacticalkat
28-09-2009, 10:27 AM
That's awful, poor you!

That workmate sounds like a pretty awesome guy though. That's a really awesome thing to do.

Yeah, because I could not face going back in there, red faced and puffy eyed, and he just gave me no choice, it was really nice. Bit overwhelming actually!! Not used to people being that caring!:D

lensip max
28-09-2009, 10:30 AM

To celebrate, here's one of my favourite scenes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbe1m30RS8c:awesome: Olive is <3 :LOL:

It's on it's on it's on *dances*

I'm worried about tomorrow though, my scary boss is going to want to talk to me about it and I really don't want to have to go through it againThat's so vile. *hugs*

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, because I could not face going back in there, red faced and puffy eyed, and he just gave me no choice, it was really nice. Bit overwhelming actually!! Not used to people being that caring!:D
Yeah, really nice. Good stuff.

Do you work with lots of different anaesthetists, or do you work quite a lot with the same ones? It sounds like it would be good if you didn't have to work with this one very often!

Tacticalkat
28-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah, really nice. Good stuff.

Do you work with lots of different anaesthetists, or do you work quite a lot with the same ones? It sounds like it would be good if you didn't have to work with this one very often!

There are about thirty so you get to work with a lot, but you tend to have cycles where you work with the same ones a lot.

I think the worst thing was that I actually get along reaaaally well with him usually, his wife makes me muffins and we have a good laugh while we work.

He just took out all his stress on me, and it was a bit like being hit from the side, just so unexpected, and relentless!

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh, right. Hopefully it's just a short-term thing then and maybe he'll realise that it was unfair to take it all out on you and apologise.

Tacticalkat
28-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Oh, right. Hopefully it's just a short-term thing then and maybe he'll realise that it was unfair to take it all out on you and apologise.

After talking with some of my collegues it sounds like he can be a bit like that on a regular basis, I have just managed to miss it until now. There are a lot of them like this unfortunately it goes with the job. Which is shit.

Anyway hopefully he will behave next time!!!

Got to go to bed, so tired! Hope you all have a better day tomorrow!!

JoBear
28-09-2009, 10:47 AM
least you got some lovely treatment by your colleague in contrast.

i have a really moody work colleague who sits on my left, he gets really stressed out sometimes and takes it out on everyone. when he was like that i started to ask him a million questions because i knew how much it annoyed him, but after a few times it just seemed to have this calming effect on him. i don't know if it takes his mind off stressful things having me ask so many silly questions or if he just realises he must be being a dick if i'm sitting at my desk nattering away to him when everyone else is scared to approach him.

JoBear
28-09-2009, 11:01 AM
i have a craving for two things at the moment
1. raspberry drops
2. toast

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Not in combination, I hope.

darkshineskitty
28-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm glad I shunned him in a propaganda photo shoot when I was little.

:LOL: do tell plz

Good old average Oren is here with his fair-to-middling life.

Ah that sounds so shit! It's always worse having to go back and explain it to someone after it's upset you so much because you always feel like just bawling in the middle of it but it seems so embarrassing to do it in front of people.

Had an alright day today. Did rego stuff and had uni, and me and a friend were at Grafton and got food and sat in the Domain :happy:
Then I went to my dad's again with my sister and we had dinner and later looked through pictures of his trip. He got us souvenirs and candy too! All was well and good until later when he was talking about these friends he went and saw and they gave him an envelope to give to my sister. And inside was euro notes equivalent to $700 or so dollars. Now I'll be honest and say that two of my deadly sins are sloth, and envy. I hate feeling jealous especially of my awesome nice sister, but I couldn't help but feel pretty jealous, especially with having to pay my fine still. The lady who gave her the money is her Godmother, and she and her friend stayed there when they visited. She's really nice, but basically said to my dad that I wasn't her godchild so she didn't have anything for me. So I know she likes her better :(
And then of course my mum got on my back when I got back. I cut into something she was saying about the rain, and she got all annoyed and childish, even when I apologised. I got her to finish telling me what she wanted to afterwards though.
But then I just went to my room and cried, and here I am :(

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Sorry to hear that. I don't think you should feel bad for having feelings of jealousy in that situation. It's not fair, and I'm sure I would feel exactly the same way.

Eating in the domain sounds nice though, it was a beautiful afternoon today.

lensip max
28-09-2009, 12:01 PM
:LOL: do tell plz:LOL: It wasn't as conscious as it sounds. He came through to my low socio economic primary, and because I was such a pretty little kid I was chosen to be in photos with him to promote... him. (I was chosen for those kinda things a lot. Til I went all bad in 6th form :chuckle:)
So I hung around in the school hall while they were all boring and I decided the cameraman was more interesting than being in a silly photo so I went and learnt how to use one of those big chunky old school videro cameras instead of promoting him. Epic fail politician vs nice cameraman who shows 6 year old how to use his flash as (in the mid 90s) camera.
No contest, really.

Then I went to my dad's again with my sister and we had dinner and later looked through pictures of his trip. He got us souvenirs and candy too! All was well and good until later when he was talking about these friends he went and saw and they gave him an envelope to give to my sister...Sucky :( do you have a godmother who gives you stuff and not your sister? That'd balance things out, somewhat...

darkshineskitty
28-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. I don't think you should feel bad for having feelings of jealousy in that situation. It's not fair, and I'm sure I would feel exactly the same way.

Thanks Rich, you always make me feel like less of a dweeb :LOL:

:LOL: It wasn't as conscious as it sounds. He came through to my low socio economic primary, and because I was such a pretty little kid I was chosen to be in photos with him to promote... him. (I was chosen for those kinda things a lot. Til I went all bad in 6th form :chuckle:)
So I hung around in the school hall while they were all boring and I decided the cameraman was more interesting than being in a silly photo so I went and learnt how to use one of those big chunky old school videro cameras instead of promoting him. Epic fail politician vs nice cameraman who shows 6 year old how to use his flash as (in the mid 90s) camera.
No contest, really.

Sucky :( do you have a godmother who gives you stuff and not your sister? That'd balance things out, somewhat...

:LOL: did they go looking for you? Or did they just replace you with another kid?

No I don't :( I don't have godparents. Not christened innit. Plus I think she gets some money a month from my not-related-to-us-but-we-call-her-family-anyway aunt. I is jeluss.
I'm homesick for Germany :( I want to go over there and meet all my family so I can join in all the stories about meeting them and stuff.
Plus my OCD tendencies are showing themselves again with a vengeance. Starting to think I should get that checked by someone.

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks Rich, you always make me feel like less of a dweeb :LOL:
That's because you're not one in the first place. :yesey:

lensip max
28-09-2009, 12:40 PM
:LOL: did they go looking for you? Or did they just replace you with another kid?

No I don't :( I don't have godparents. Not christened innit. Plus I think she gets some money a month from my not-related-to-us-but-we-call-her-family-anyway aunt. I is jeluss.
I'm homesick for Germany :( I want to go over there and meet all my family so I can join in all the stories about meeting them and stuff.
Plus my OCD tendencies are showing themselves again with a vengeance. Starting to think I should get that checked by someone.Awh that suckssss. Going to see your family would be awesome!

I'm meaning to actually go and visit my rellies in the UK when I go again - last time it was an itinerary choice between France and Italy and little herefordshire, and I must admit I chose the former two... we intrigue each other from afar though haha. The kids go to Eton and are under the impression that I'm a native princess type of person :facepalm: :LOL:

And yeah, they came to get me but I refused to go with them lol. So then they replaced me with my best friend. I didn't grudge her though - I'd learnt how to use a cameraaaaa. Which beats Bill English any day :yesey:

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 12:42 PM
And yeah, they came to get me but I refused to go with them lol. So then they replaced me with my best friend. I didn't grudge her though - I'd learnt how to use a cameraaaaa. Which beats Bill English any day :yesey:
Totally.

lensip max
28-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Arghhh I just realised. I've idly written a 2000 word short story for my own enjoyment today.
Rather than working on my big srs essay :facepalm:

Way to prioritise :indiff:

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 12:45 PM
When's the big essay due?

lensip max
28-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Friday and I haven't started researching it...

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Ah. A fun week ahead.

darkshineskitty
28-09-2009, 12:57 PM
The kids go to Eton and are under the impression that I'm a native princess type of person :facepalm: :LOL:

You should either totally play up to that role when you meet them, or totally downplay it :LOL: either way might be entertaining.
Yay learning! :awesome:

Arghhh I just realised. I've idly written a 2000 word short story for my own enjoyment today.
Rather than working on my big srs essay :facepalm:

Oooh cool, what's the story about? I love hearing about other people's fiction since I do some myself. You think 2000 words is bad procrastination? Try 200 pages. I've managed to extend that one's procrastination time out for a year and a bit :LOL:

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 01:00 PM
200 pages is impressive. Are you happy with how it's coming along?

darkshineskitty
28-09-2009, 01:10 PM
200 pages is impressive. Are you happy with how it's coming along?

I really like some parts, and some parts need a lot of reworking, and others need to be taken out. The stuff I've written more recently I like better, although there are some scenes that I still really like since I wrote them. I got an email back from my tutor, finally :LOL: he gave me some good tips and I can look on it now and see where I can change bits and where it's necessary to do rewriting.

lensip max
28-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Ah. A fun week ahead.Heaps of fun :yesey:

You should either totally play up to that role when you meet them, or totally downplay it :LOL: either way might be entertaining.
Yay learning! :awesome:

Oooh cool, what's the story about? I love hearing about other people's fiction since I do some myself. You think 2000 words is bad procrastination? Try 200 pages. I've managed to extend that one's procrastination time out for a year and a bit :LOL::LOL: I kind of want to, but otoh, I resist doing that so much day to day that it'd feel weird lmao. I come from one of the more impt families in "teh Maori World" but... if I'm a princess, then so are like a good hundred other people princes/princesses right along with me haha.

Lol. Nice :D
I just word counted it and I'm up at 2500and something words atm - but it's not any good lmao. I started it because I had the poem In the Desert by Stephen Crane stuck in my head this morning (and most of today), and then... idk. I have like a handful of recurring characters who I tend to write about in various shards from time to time lol. And they turned up again today. So I wrote down another bit of their lives, I guess.

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 01:12 PM
I got an email back from my tutor, finally :LOL: he gave me some good tips and I can look on it now and see where I can change bits and where it's necessary to do rewriting.
That took a while! Did he have some positive, encouraging things to say as well?

_Ed_
28-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Bed time for me. Night, guys! :)

I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow.

lensip max
28-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I got an email back from my tutor, finally :LOL: he gave me some good tips and I can look on it now and see where I can change bits and where it's necessary to do rewriting.Took a while! Hope it was all good feedback, like, overall :happy:

Bed time for me. Night, guys! :)

I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow.Night both of you!

darkshineskitty
28-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Heaps of fun :yesey:

:LOL: I kind of want to, but otoh, I resist doing that so much day to day that it'd feel weird lmao. I come from one of the more impt families in "teh Maori World" but... if I'm a princess, then so are like a good hundred other people princes/princesses right along with me haha.

Lol. Nice :D
I just word counted it and I'm up at 2500and something words atm - but it's not any good lmao. I started it because I had the poem In the Desert by Stephen Crane stuck in my head this morning (and most of today), and then... idk. I have like a handful of recurring characters who I tend to write about in various shards from time to time lol. And they turned up again today. So I wrote down another bit of their lives, I guess.

Maybe you could say that to them as well then. "We're all princes and princesses here :phu:" They might think you royalty or something :chuckle:

That took a while! Did he have some positive, encouraging things to say as well?

Not really :LOL: But he had been quite busy so it was nice just to get some tips anyway. I had a suspicion of what I needed to improve on but it was good to here someone with some sort of authority confirm it :LOL: Oh and he replied a while ago, not just now :LOL: I just forgot to mention it.

lensip max
28-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Maybe you could say that to them as well then. "We're all princes and princesses here :phu:" They might think you royalty or something :chuckle:And so we come full circle... :LOL:

Oh and he replied a while ago, not just now :LOL: I just forgot to mention it.Glad to hear it :happy:

darkshineskitty
28-09-2009, 01:38 PM
And so we come full circle... :LOL:

Glad to hear it :happy:

So what's the deal with these fictional characters of yours? Any chance of getting some details of your story? I love discussing fictions-in-progress. But if it's personal then that's okay :happy:

JoBear
28-09-2009, 08:14 PM
based on this lineup i won't be going:

BIG DAY OUT 2010: Muse, Powderfinger, Lilly Allen, Eskimo Joe, Groove Armada, Grinspoon, The Mars Volta, Ladyhawke, Dizzee Rascal, Karnivool, Peaches, The Temper Trap, Kasabian, Midnight Juggernauts, Rise Against, Magic Dirt, Mastodon, Lisa Mitchell, The Horrors, Bluejuice, Calvin Harris, Kisschasy, The Decemberists, Tame Impala and Girl Talk

musre are not worth $132 + booking fee + flights + annoying richard for a weekend.

nastley
28-09-2009, 09:41 PM
BDO=Muse=Yay! I'll be there :D

Me Rug I Sty
28-09-2009, 11:14 PM

BIG DAY OUT 2010: Muse, Powderfinger, Lilly Allen, Eskimo Joe, Groove Armada, Grinspoon, The Mars Volta, Ladyhawke, Dizzee Rascal, Karnivool, Peaches, The Temper Trap, Kasabian, Midnight Juggernauts, Rise Against, Magic Dirt, Mastodon, Lisa Mitchell, The Horrors, Bluejuice, Calvin Harris, Kisschasy, The Decemberists, Tame Impala and Girl Talk

musre are not worth $132 + booking fee + flights + annoying richard for a weekend.Same here, i'd go to a proper concert if they have one... Are they going to? I don't want to see them do 5 songs...

Michelle
29-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Aha, so many back from 07 BDO.

But yay, I'm there :happy: :party: Looking like Muse will headline, so 1 1/2 hr set more likely. :D

A few other bands there I wouldn't mind seeing too.

And Jo, isn't annoying Rich for a weekend the best part that makes it worth it all :p :LOL:

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Same here, i'd go to a proper concert if they have one... Are they going to? I don't want to see them do 5 songs...
Probably later in the year. They came back in September after doing the 2004 BDO and November after 2007.

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Muse and Lily, sweet. Nothing much else there though...almost wish Muse were earlier in the day so I could then commence the drinking procedure.

lensip max
29-09-2009, 01:47 AM
So what's the deal with these fictional characters of yours? Any chance of getting some details of your story? I love discussing fictions-in-progress. But if it's personal then that's okay :happy::LOL: Not much story to tell... if there was I'd brag about it, but like... there's just not :chuckle:

musre are not worth $132 + booking fee + flights + annoying richard for a weekend.Imma try go...

MistressMary
29-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Wow... Another thread. Well done guys! lol

I was about to say the same Michelle, annoying Richard sounds like a pretty full on and amusing task.

I'm either getting hungry or have been staring at a computer screen for too long.. Eep.. Achiness..

Why is Julius von Haast in the tagged? Is it in reference to the von Haast building at UC? Or... Is that a completely different von Haast?

Michelle
29-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Muse and Lily, sweet. Nothing much else there though...almost wish Muse were earlier in the day so I could then commence the drinking procedure.

Or start the drinking early and it'll wear off before 9 pm.. Then start again afterwards :awesome:

Argh, earlier would be good though as the suspense is killer, but longer set should be worth it.

Why is Julius von Haast in the tagged? Is it in reference to the von Haast building at UC? Or... Is that a completely different von Haast?

Dude the Hasst Eagle was named after ;)

MICROCUTZ
29-09-2009, 04:50 AM
I'd pay $135 doller's to see MUSE headline as well as band's Ive never heard of.
Lewl.

Tacticalkat
29-09-2009, 05:16 AM

Yeah I will be going as long as I can get the time off!! The tickets though, YOWCH!

Super Sammy!
29-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Although I can probably guess what Muse's setlist will be, song for song, I'm keen to go :D there'll be more announcements, so I'm keen. :)

The Mars Volta are there :D

JoBear
29-09-2009, 06:49 AM
well i've seen them 7 times and the last 3 times were fairly disappointing so i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything! unless modest mouse was in the 2nd announcement i'm definitely out. seems like its all the same old bands playing this BDO.

besides i have campus a low hum the weekend after in bulls and don't technically have any leave from work until mid february.

Tacticalkat
29-09-2009, 07:00 AM
well i've seen them 7 times and the last 3 times were fairly disappointing so i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything! unless modest mouse was in the 2nd announcement i'm definitely out. seems like its all the same old bands playing this BDO.

besides i have campus a low hum the weekend after in bulls and don't technically have any leave from work until mid february.

Fair enough! I've never seen them live so they are really the only draw card for me. Damn I hope Modest Mouse go!!!!

Ghosty Ghost
29-09-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm really upset, I've been wanting The Decemberists to come to New Zealand for years, and now the rest of the lineup makes it not worth it to go :( The most disappointing thing is that it's all bands that have been before, many of them twice! It's like they decided to play it safe with bands that they know will pull people. I blame the recession.

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 07:17 AM
The late news on TV1 at 10:30 has footage from Muse at the St James in 2004, recycled from that show Headliners the day after that gig.

Awesome to see it again, but you'd think they could have found something more recent.

JoBear
29-09-2009, 07:19 AM
The late news on TV1 at 10:30 has footage from Muse at the St James in 2004, recycled from that show Headliners the day after that gig.

Awesome to see it again, but you'd think they could have found something more recent.
TV3 had Glastonbury with the white jacket...was that 2006?

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 07:20 AM
No that was 04 as well. Half a decade ago!

JoBear
29-09-2009, 07:23 AM
and i have say muse in 2004 are quite different to even muse in 2007 (what with morgan, big stadium gigs etc)

Michelle
29-09-2009, 07:24 AM
unless modest mouse was in the 2nd announcement i'm definitely out. seems like its all the same old bands playing this BDO.

Modest Mouse would be :awesome:

I'm really upset, I've been wanting The Decemberists to come to New Zealand for years, and now the rest of the lineup makes it not worth it to go :( The most disappointing thing is that it's all bands that have been before, many of them twice! It's like they decided to play it safe with bands that they know will pull people. I blame the recession.

Aww :( I hope there'll be something in the second announcement then for you to make it worth comnig up.

But yeah, I agree. It's weird all bands that have been before are coming at the same time. More of them need to try doing seperate shows here on their tours :rolleyes: But if like Muse, they just like doing the whole festival thing and having a summer holiday down south.

lensip max
29-09-2009, 07:41 AM
3 BDO threads :LOL:

Hmmm. This is difficult for me to plan for - I'm epically short-sighted/tunnel visioned when it comes to... January. It's 3 whole months away!

Tacticalkat
29-09-2009, 07:49 AM
3 BDO threads :LOL:

Hmmm. This is difficult for me to plan for - I'm epically short-sighted/tunnel visioned when it comes to... January. It's 3 whole months away!

Yeha same all I know is that there are loads of people wanting time off round then and I HAVE to be one of them!

LOL I just noticed some of the tags, epic guys!

I'm beached!!! Moa for less = brilliant!!:)

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Turns out I got 79 for an essay I thought was absolutely awful. I'm flabbergasted. I like that word.

That essay was worth 50% too, so that's nice.

lensip max
29-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Turns out I got 79 for an essay I thought was absolutely awful. I'm flabbergasted. I like that word.

That essay was worth 50% too, so that's nice.Awesome! Congrats!

Yeha same all I know is that there are loads of people wanting time off round then and I HAVE to be one of them!

LOL I just noticed some of the tags, epic guys!

I'm beached!!! Moa for less = brilliant!!:)Hope you get that time off!

JoBear
29-09-2009, 09:06 AM

awesome. what is the rest of the 50%?

Tacticalkat
29-09-2009, 09:26 AM

Woah! Nice work! That's awesome!

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 09:39 AM
awesome. what is the rest of the 50%?
Unfortunately it's another essay...one that I have not yet even started thinking about.

JoBear
29-09-2009, 09:52 AM
i'm trying to get into my insurance paper but its just not working. but i did enjoy today getting to look at the dog control act and quoting legislation in a letter. :happy:

i swapped the H and G around on my workmate's computer thinking it'll be a funny joke and he'd just realise the letters were swapped...but he saw the first customer of the day and then freaked out in front of him. he was like "there's something wrong with my keyboard! there's no H! i can't find your details!" he kinda got rid of the customer and then was in the midst of calling helpdesk to report the keyboard problem when i had to own up to it.

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Chaos.

lostkiwibird
29-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Hey Michelle, Richard, other peeps I know from November 07. Its that time again. I am dithering over Auckland-Gold Coast or Auckland-Sydney. I am glad there's a couple other things I like on the line up, otherwise I probably couldn't justify going. They better play for 90 minutes or I will be pissed. I've never been to a BDO but i've heard it can be a bit shit :$

JoBear
29-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Big Day Out was certainly heaps better than Leeds Festival in England if that gives you any indication.

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 10:09 AM
The headliner's played for 90 minutes every year I've gone, so it's looking good for a full-length Muse set. :happy:

Hope we can all get to the front!

JoBear
29-09-2009, 10:09 AM
i learnt today that peanuts grow under the ground. i dunno why, always thought they grew like strawberries or something.

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I have to admit I've never thought about how they grew at all! Weird.

JoBear
29-09-2009, 10:10 AM
The headliner's played for 90 minutes every year I've gone, so it's looking good for a full-length Muse set. :happy:

Hope we can all get to the front!
at least it will be getting dark when they play.

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 10:12 AM
at least it will be getting dark when they play.
Yeah, that makes a big difference.

Michelle
29-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Nice!

My exam tomorrow is worth 50% can't wait til it's over, but I really don't feel ready for writing long winded essays which they want. Oh well, hopefully my cheat sheet (which I haven't finished yet :stunned:) will help me pass.

i swapped the H and G around on my workmate's computer thinking it'll be a funny joke and he'd just realise the letters were swapped...but he saw the first customer of the day and then freaked out in front of him. he was like "there's something wrong with my keyboard! there's no H! i can't find your details!" he kinda got rid of the customer and then was in the midst of calling helpdesk to report the keyboard problem when i had to own up to it.

Ahahahaha :LOL:

Hey Michelle, Richard, other peeps I know from November 07. Its that time again. I am dithering over Auckland-Gold Coast or Auckland-Sydney. I am glad there's a couple other things I like on the line up, otherwise I probably couldn't justify going. They better play for 90 minutes or I will be pissed. I've never been to a BDO but i've heard it can be a bit shit :$

Hey Kat! I'm sure you'll enjoy BDO, I've had fun both times I went. Just make sure you get in the D barrier early so you don't get so squashed and bruised when getting in. I hope to get to the barrier to hold on so I don't get swished around like I'm in a washing machine which happened for Muse until I was eventually a few more rows back.

i learnt today that peanuts grow under the ground. i dunno why, always thought they grew like strawberries or something.

Oh yeah, apparently they aren't even technically a nut. More of a legume I think :erm:

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Nice!

My exam tomorrow is worth 50% can't wait til it's over, but I really don't feel ready for writing long winded essays which they want. Oh well, hopefully my cheat sheet (which I haven't finished yet :stunned:) will help me pass.
Good luck!

Michelle
29-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks!

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Cool, I just saw The Checks, Kora and Minuit are playing BDO too.

_Ed_
29-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Good lord. I think that Pacific Blue ad could quickly become the most annoying ad of all time.

darkshineskitty
29-09-2009, 01:28 PM
:LOL: Not much story to tell... if there was I'd brag about it, but like... there's just not :chuckle:

Okay no problem :happy: just thought I'd ask in my enthusiasm :LOL:

Good lord. I think that Pacific Blue ad could quickly become the most annoying ad of all time.

I was gonna make a Kayne West joke here but I couldn't think of anything :LOL:

Yay Muse at BDO :happy: I'm going to get a ticket for my birthday I think. And today when I talked to my friend about it I was like 'are you going to go?' and she was like 'UH, YEAH!?' I was surprised, since usually I have to convince her for hours to go out to town or a party, and she didn't seem so interested earlier in the year when we talked about it. :happy:

I think at BDO the Moas should wear something to distinguish ourselves to each other :happy: maybe like a piece of ribbon around our wrists or something? Anyone else keen for this? :$

lensip max
29-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Good lord. I think that Pacific Blue ad could quickly become the most annoying ad of all time.Minus the awesomeness of this one :LOL:

cmbBM4gO4mE

Cool, I just saw The Checks, Kora and Minuit are playing BDO too.Ooh cool! Kora are awesome live :yesey:

I think at BDO the Moas should wear something to distinguish ourselves to each other :happy: maybe like a piece of ribbon around our wrists or something? Anyone else keen for this? :$I like this :yesey:

Deciding to go to auckland rather than melbourne on the grounds that the pixies are playing melbourne in March, and I am not rich enough to go twice :LOL:

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 04:47 AM
i'm trying to get into my insurance paper but its just not working. but i did enjoy today getting to look at the dog control act and quoting legislation in a letter. :happy:

Lol, I'd love to work with someone like you, the antics we could get up to!!!!

Okay no problem :happy: just thought I'd ask in my enthusiasm :LOL:

I was gonna make a Kayne West joke here but I couldn't think of anything :LOL:

Yay Muse at BDO :happy: I'm going to get a ticket for my birthday I think. And today when I talked to my friend about it I was like 'are you going to go?' and she was like 'UH, YEAH!?' I was surprised, since usually I have to convince her for hours to go out to town or a party, and she didn't seem so interested earlier in the year when we talked about it. :happy:

I think at BDO the Moas should wear something to distinguish ourselves to each other :happy: maybe like a piece of ribbon around our wrists or something? Anyone else keen for this? :$

That's a good idea! And are we all going to try and meet up at some stage? It'd be nice to meet ya'll :D

Minus the awesomeness of this one :LOL:

cmbBM4gO4mE

Ooh cool! Kora are awesome live :yesey:

I like this :yesey:

Deciding to go to auckland rather than melbourne on the grounds that the pixies are playing melbourne in March, and I am not rich enough to go twice :LOL:

OMG! How did you find this????!! I have actually been looking for this over the years in the hope that someone would put it up! Me and my brother loved to sing it, and it drove my Mum and Dad crazy.
I can still remember the words! I was on just after we moved here and thought it was the coolest thing ever!!

So I had to work with the anaesthetist who drove me from theatre on Monday. Eeek! He has got into a load of trouble over it from various people above him.... awkward much?

He was super nice all morning, offered to buy me coffee and everything! It was a little awkward but not as bad as I thought it would be!!!

And I finished my assignment! woot!

ʘ
30-09-2009, 05:41 AM
Everybody's dry?

Ghosty Ghost
30-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Oh yeah, apparently they aren't even technically a nut. More of a legume I think :erm:

Mind = blown.

Michelle
30-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Yay! Last exam done and potentially the last forever :awesome:

Cool, I just saw The Checks, Kora and Minuit are playing BDO too.

Yeah they should be cool.

Yeah something simple like that would be cool. Our 'supermassive moa' t-shirt designs never got into production on the last tour :LOL:

That's a good idea! And are we all going to try and meet up at some stage? It'd be nice to meet ya'll :D

We met up at last BDO and concerts, so whoever wants to meet up just needs to give their number or once timetable is out we could arange to meet at a particular stage and time :)

Everybody's dry?

I'm dry now I think. Got rained on on the way home and then delved into cleaning the fish tank as one of our goldfish died :(

Mind = blown.

After pollination, the fruit develops into a legume 3 to 7 cm (1 to 2 in) long, containing 1 to 4 seeds, which forces its way underground to mature. Peanuts are known by many local names, including earthnuts, ground nuts, goober peas and monkey nuts; the last of these is often used to mean the entire pod.

Haha. Monkey nuts. I may have to call them that now.

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 07:29 AM
MONKEY NUTS!!!!

Aw sorry bout your goldfish!

I'm keen to meet up otherwise I am likely to get lost and be at the wrong barrier or something!

Me Rug I Sty
30-09-2009, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry to take everyone off topic. But i'm just telling all NZ'ers out there who haven't got the resistance yet, that i'm selling a copy on trademe (cheaper than all the other copies on there) because i won 2 copies and i'm going to buy the one with the DVD. So here is the link
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=244947796

Once again - sorry for changin the topic

lensip max
30-09-2009, 07:36 AM
OMG! How did you find this????!! I have actually been looking for this over the years in the hope that someone would put it up! Me and my brother loved to sing it, and it drove my Mum and Dad crazy.
I can still remember the words! I was on just after we moved here and thought it was the coolest thing ever!! :LOL: I'm not sure.

Which means it must have been my super powers :cool:

So I had to work with the anaesthetist who drove me from theatre on Monday. Eeek! He has got into a load of trouble over it from various people above him.... awkward much?

He was super nice all morning, offered to buy me coffee and everything! It was a little awkward but not as bad as I thought it would be!!!

And I finished my assignment! woot!I'm glad that went well (if awkwardly!) haha. Serves him right.

Oh yeah, apparently they aren't even technically a nut. More of a legume I think :erm:Holy fuuuuuuck :stunned:

Michelle
30-09-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm keen to meet up otherwise I am likely to get lost and be at the wrong barrier or something!

And then we can use group brute force if necessary to get to the barrier :awesome: :LOL:

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 07:57 AM
And then we can use group brute force if necessary to get to the barrier :awesome: :LOL:

YES!! I can get quite brutal at concerts when I need to push through to the front, so I'm told, I didn't realise, but my friend told me!

We can form a human chaaaaain!:D

Super Sammy!
30-09-2009, 08:03 AM

I can join chain? :awesome:

Oh my God :stunned: I saw that for the first time last night, my brother and I just stared at each other like :wtf:

lensip max
30-09-2009, 08:03 AM
YES!! I can get quite brutal at concerts when I need to push through to the front, so I'm told, I didn't realise, but my friend told me!

We can form a human chaaaaain!:D:awesome:

I'm tall so I can do quite a bit of pushing and shoving as well :LOL:

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 08:08 AM
I can join chain? :awesome:

Oh my God :stunned: I saw that for the first time last night, my brother and I just stared at each other like :wtf:

Chain is open to alllll moas!! Moachaaaain!

You're a Maori Princess, of course you can :awesome:

Chain of poweeeerrrrrr!

Super Sammy!
30-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Chain is open to alllll moas!! Moachaaaain!

I'll bring my 6'2" friend :yesey:
I, myself, am 6'2" too :awesome:

TALL MOA CHAIN! :awesome:!

lensip max
30-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Chain is open to alllll moas!! Moachaaaain!Chain of poweeeerrrrrr!
Power to the people yo

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 08:18 AM
I'll bring my 6'2" friend :yesey:
I, myself, am 6'2" too :awesome:

Bloody hell! 6' 2 and sixteen? You have yeaars of growing!!!

Iguess you guys can make up for my lack of height, I'm 5'3" so not very tall!

Power to the people yo

I haaaave thee POWEERRRRRR!

_Ed_
30-09-2009, 08:22 AM
"We're not droplets in the ocean..."

Super Sammy!
30-09-2009, 08:25 AM

"...oooooocean, ooooooooooocean, OOoooooOOOOooOOOOCEEEAAAANNN!!!"

Super Sammy!
30-09-2009, 08:26 AM

Blame my father for that one :LOL:
Meh, big things come in small packages :yesey: you can headbutt your way through the crowd :awesome:

Michelle
30-09-2009, 08:27 AM

Yus! 'Cause I suck at pushing myself, but I'm super at holding one once I get there.

:yesey: :D

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Blame my father for that one :LOL:
Meh, big things come in small packages :yesey: you can headbutt your way through the crowd :awesome:

Hahah, yuss, my hard head can take it! Woo!

Yus! 'Cause I suck at pushing myself, but I'm super at holding one once I get there.

:yesey: :D

WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS ! ;)

JoBear
30-09-2009, 08:32 AM

I haaaave thee POWEERRRRRR!
you're taller than me :awesome: and i've been at the front of 5 of the 7 muse gigs i've been to (and the other 2 were cos they were seated). you'll be fine.

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 08:40 AM
you're taller than me :awesome: and i've been at the front of 5 of the 7 muse gigs i've been to (and the other 2 were cos they were seated). you'll be fine.

Hooray! :dance:

darkshineskitty
30-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Minus the awesomeness of this one :LOL:

cmbBM4gO4mE

Omg that ad. I always sing it randomly :LOL:
'I'm a peanut butter nutter nutter, from Sanitaaaarium"- has to be like that because I didn't know the words and saw it only a few times on tv so memory has changed the tune for me :LOL:

Yeah something simple like that would be cool. Our 'supermassive moa' t-shirt designs never got into production on the last tour :LOL:

Haha. Monkey nuts. I may have to call them that now.

I thought it might be nice to do something like it :happy: We could all wear a bright wristband with Moa written on it or something. It could be fun to spot Moas randomly in the crowd and be like 'matching wristband! :awesome:' :LOL:
Meeting up might be cool too though. I'm going with a friend so I might have to drag her along :LOL: she'll probably be like 'lol you're a dork'

So you're going to call them monkey nuts, but not goober peas, as one of the other options was? :LOL: Goober peas sounds hilarious.

Btw guys did you all hear about the tsunami warning today? :erm: I was up early and posting about it in Banter but didn't say anything in here since I figured no one was awake/on the board. But I see no one has mentioned it yet.

_Ed_
30-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah. I don't think it came to much anywhere in NZ though. But it's sad to hear how many people have died in Samoa. :(

I'd definitely be keen to meet people at the BDO. It's likely I'll be going by myself so would be cool to have a brief reprieve from lonerness!

darkshineskitty
30-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah. I don't think it came to much anywhere in NZ though. But it's sad to hear how many people have died in Samoa. :(

I'd definitely be keen to meet people at the BDO. It's likely I'll be going by myself so would be cool to have a brief reprieve from lonerness!

No it didn't, but they thought very seriously for a while that it could. I skipped a lecture and tutorial today because my mum didn't want me in the city. It's so stupid how some people actually gathered down at Takepuna beach to "watch". I mean I understand watching from a hill, but sitting on the shore walkway wall? Especially as the wave was supposedly to be bigger than the one in Samoa :facepalm:

Michelle
30-09-2009, 09:54 AM
I thought it might be nice to do something like it :happy: We could all wear a bright wristband with Moa written on it or something. It could be fun to spot Moas randomly in the crowd and be like 'matching wristband! :awesome:' :LOL:
Meeting up might be cool too though. I'm going with a friend so I might have to drag her along :LOL: she'll probably be like 'lol you're a dork'

So you're going to call them monkey nuts, but not goober peas, as one of the other options was? :LOL: Goober peas sounds hilarious.

Btw guys did you all hear about the tsunami warning today? :erm: I was up early and posting about it in Banter but didn't say anything in here since I figured no one was awake/on the board. But I see no one has mentioned it yet.

Yeah, a wrist band would be awesome. I've never been to BDO early enough to get one of theirs.

Goober peas was my second choice. It's probably more accurate than calling them anything with 'nut' in it though, so I'll call them that when monkey nuts gets old :LOL:

I didn't hear about the tsunami stuff til my flatmate got home at 6.30 and told me, I have exam excuse though.

Probably for me too. My friend who would have gone because I've given her enough Muse cd's to like them more now is probably still going to overseas at the time.

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 10:12 AM
'I'm a peanut butter nutter nutter, from Sanitaaaarium"- has to be like that because I didn't know the words and saw it only a few times on tv so memory has changed the tune for me :LOL:

Lol I changed the tune too, it is funnier in my memory!

I got an email at work this morning about the tsunami, being part of the health board we get stuff like that warning us we might have to go into crisis mode.

Poor Samoa though :(

Yeah, a wrist band would be awesome. I've never been to BDO early enough to get one of theirs.

Goober peas was my second choice. It's probably more accurate than calling them anything with 'nut' in it though, so I'll call them that when monkey nuts gets old :LOL:

I didn't hear about the tsunami stuff til my flatmate got home at 6.30 and told me, I have exam excuse though.

Probably for me too. My friend who would have gone because I've given her enough Muse cd's to like them more now is probably still going to overseas at the time.

I will likely be going with my friends that work at Universal and Warners, so they will be in the corporate lounge bit, and I know I won't be in there with them, so I will probably be by myself a lot of the day.

darkshineskitty
30-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Poor Samoa though :(

I will likely be going with my friends that work at Universal and Warners, so they will be in the corporate lounge bit, and I know I won't be in there with them, so I will probably be by myself a lot of the day.

Yeah it's quite sad :(

Woah, connections :chuckle:

JoBear
30-09-2009, 10:23 AM
we got an email at work saying we were to decline any new house insurance requests for houses within 3 kilometres of the coast.

Michelle
30-09-2009, 10:30 AM
we got an email at work saying we were decline any new house insurance requests for houses within 3 kilometres of the coast.

:stunned: Bastards :LOL:

darkshineskitty
30-09-2009, 10:39 AM
we got an email at work saying we were to decline any new house insurance requests for houses within 3 kilometres of the coast.

That's pretty mean. You'd think that the companies would be leaping at the chance to get new people signed up to their insurance plans.

lensip max
30-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Yus! 'Cause I suck at pushing myself, but I'm super at holding one once I get there.Tag-team baby. I suck at holding :LOL:

'I'm a peanut butter nutter nutter, from Sanitaaaarium"- has to be like that because I didn't know the words and saw it only a few times on tv so memory has changed the tune for me :LOL::LOL: Inorite? Those are like, the only lines I know...

Yeah. I don't think it came to much anywhere in NZ though. But it's sad to hear how many people have died in Samoa. :(This.
Super sad.

we got an email at work saying we were to decline any new house insurance requests for houses within 3 kilometres of the coast.That's just terrible... and surely cuts out like most of the population of new zealand...

_Ed_
30-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I think Hamilton's the only major city in NZ that's further away from the coast than that.

darkshineskitty
30-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Tag-team baby. I suck at holding :LOL:

I'm a good weaver, if you need one for the chain of power :happy: I have learnt crowd weaving skills that have come in handy so often since.

lensip max
30-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I think Hamilton's the only major city in NZ that's further away from the coast than that.And let's face it, who wants to be insured in Hamilton?

I'm a good weaver, if you need one for the chain of power :happy: I have learnt crowd weaving skills that have come in handy so often since.:awesome:

This will winnnn :yesey:

JoBear
30-09-2009, 08:20 PM
That's pretty mean. You'd think that the companies would be leaping at the chance to get new people signed up to their insurance plans.
its not mean. it was only for 12 hours. its to stop people who are otherwise uninsured deciding "ooh a tsunami!" and trying to get insure just for that event (which is against the principle of insurance). people do it in other things as well, like the big storm in the north island last year, people call as their houses are flooding and decide now's the time get insurance!

Me Rug I Sty
30-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry to take everyone off topic. But i'm just telling all NZ'ers out there who haven't got the resistance yet, that i'm selling a copy on trademe (cheaper than all the other copies on there) because i won 2 copies and i'm going to buy the one with the DVD. So here is the link
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=244947796

Once again - sorry for changin the topicAnyone?

Tacticalkat
30-09-2009, 10:35 PM
:LOL:I'm a good weaver, if you need one for the chain of power :happy: I have learnt crowd weaving skills that have come in handy so often since.

Ooooh yes! I am a wicked shimmier, though definitely better at shimmying through the crowds when I am drunk! :party: *note to self*

its not mean. it was only for 12 hours. its to stop people who are otherwise uninsured deciding "ooh a tsunami!" and trying to get insure just for that event (which is against the principle of insurance). people do it in other things as well, like the big storm in the north island last year, people call as their houses are flooding and decide now's the time get insurance!

:LOL: I can't believe people actually do this!!!!

I have to officially see an orthopaedic surgeon for my knee, bahh!

How's everyone's Thursday? I got to work thinking how much study I need to do and how little time I will have to finish it all, set my theatre up, checked the machine and stuff and then found out that they had decided not to used that theatre for the day. So I have study time instead :chuckle:

How stoked am I!

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 12:39 AM
That's good news.

Pretty average Thursday for me really, doing uni work at the moment and heading off to work a bit later.

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Time Out's annoying bias against Muse continues..."Dizzee Rascal leads Big Day Out's British Invasion". :rolleyes: I didn't realise he was the headliner.

MistressMary
01-10-2009, 02:48 AM
Since when did they have a bias against Muse? Do you mean Time Out as in the place where you play games and get tickets to win lollies/soft toys?

I think the reason for my low marks or possible failure this semester will be Bejeweled Blitz. One of my friends got a cheat thing and he's always number one now :(

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 03:28 AM
No, it's the NZ Herald's entertainment section.

They said Muse didn't have a hope of impressing at the 2007 BDO and gave a pretty negative review to the album last week.

Michelle
01-10-2009, 03:31 AM
My Thursday is going pretty good. Been to town and did some shopping. Got steak and drinks for a BBQ leaving shindig tonight :awesome:

Time Out's annoying bias against Muse continues..."Dizzee Rascal leads Big Day Out's British Invasion". :rolleyes: I didn't realise he was the headliner.

:rolleyes:

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 03:54 AM
My Thursday is going pretty good. Been to town and did some shopping. Got steak and drinks for a BBQ leaving shindig tonight :awesome:
That sounds great!

Tacticalkat
01-10-2009, 04:54 AM

They said Muse didn't have a hope of impressing at the 2007 BDO and gave a pretty negative review to the album last week.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO, *runs to get my pitchfork*

:rolleyes:

Sounds fun! My good luck ran out and I had to go help with a spine.... evil evilness, but then we had a baby shower thing for my boss and I got to eat delicious quiche and cake, and watermelon, om nom nomnom!

Michelle
01-10-2009, 05:00 AM

Well if we get the whole theatrical and moving podiums set up they are talking about, hopefully that'll sort them out with a better review.

My friend told me our uni paper Chaff gave the album a good review :happy: I'm listening to it now before I go.

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Cool.

The only time Craccum's mentioned Muse is when a Muse fan sent in a HAARP review that made it in. The rest of the time the editors prefer to write about really obscure stuff. Muse are far too mainstream for them.

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 06:56 AM
The news was so exhausting tonight. When the reporters send the stories through 5 minutes before they go to air, it doesn't give you much time to type them up.

Won't someone PLEASE think of the captioners?!

lensip max
01-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I didn't watch the news tonight. I got up at like 4am and then fell asleep again at 10 and slept for ages... and now here I am again. Hmmm.

darkshineskitty
01-10-2009, 09:32 AM

Oh okay I thought you meant they were going to insure anyone within 3 kms for like a while after the warning, like a few weeks. I didn't realise you meant like only on the day it happened.

Since when did they have a bias against Muse? Do you mean Time Out as in the place where you play games and get tickets to win lollies/soft toys?

Did an essay today. Worked on it today and yesterday in the library. I think that's the longest I've spent consecutive hours in the library over consecutive days :eek: :LOL: Handed it in and everything- OH FUCK FORGOT TURNITIN.COM BRB

JoBear
01-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Oh okay I thought you meant they were going to insure anyone within 3 kms for like a while after the warning, like a few weeks. I didn't realise you meant like only on the day it happened.

Did an essay today. Worked on it today and yesterday in the library. I think that's the longest I've spent consecutive hours in the library over consecutive days :eek: :LOL: Handed it in and everything- OH FUCK FORGOT TURNITIN.COM BRB
most insurance companies actually have a clause in their policies that cover for natural disasters, storms, flooding etc don't come into effect until after 48 hours of the policy being taken out. but for some reason my insurance company doesn't so they just decline insurance for a period of time around those sort of events to those affected areas. we get heaps of requests for short term contents insurance around christmas, and people aren't even smart about it "so yeah i've got some expensive xmas presents under the tree, can i get insurance monthly?"

this insurance law stuff is hard even though i work with it everyday. :noey: having the museboard open doesn't help my studying either of course.

darkshineskitty
01-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Saw this in Muse Lolz and thought it was kind of lulzy

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/839/roflbotcepv.jpg

WEMBLEY FUCKING STADIUM

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 11:42 AM
What are Dom and Chris doing?

Tacticalkat
01-10-2009, 11:58 AM

OMG turnitin sucks a fat one. I submitted my assignment to it today, and it came back with 0% which I thought was impossible???
Especially since I have direct quotes from books, it reckoned there was nothing compatible that is could find, highly suspect I think!
Emailed my lecturer about it and she reckons it's a good thing.... um I am convinced it hasn't gone through....

Growling?

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 12:05 PM
OMG turnitin sucks a fat one. I submitted my assignment to it today, and it came back with 0% which I thought was impossible???
Especially since I have direct quotes from books, it reckoned there was nothing compatible that is could find, highly suspect I think!
Emailed my lecturer about it and she reckons it's a good thing.... um I am convinced it hasn't gone through....
That's very suspect.

It really seems pretty pointless to me. Lecturers have said that when plagiarism has taken place it stands out when they're reading an assignment, so I don't know why they bother going through all that hassle.

Tacticalkat
01-10-2009, 12:11 PM
That's very suspect.

It really seems pretty pointless to me. Lecturers have said that when plagiarism has taken place it stands out when they're reading an assignment, so I don't know why they bother going through all that hassle.

Yeah, and I remember mine telling us that it should always have some percentage because it will always be able to pick up sentances from a particular topic, and I've never had it happen!

I have kept her email assuring me it's fine, just incase they try and tell me I haven't submitted it or something. Oh AUT, how I hate you!

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I have kept her email assuring me it's fine, just incase they try and tell me I haven't submitted it or something.
Good thinking.

How's your day been, apart from that?

Tacticalkat
01-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Good thinking.

Pretty good! Got loads of study done so I am up to date again, and then got some stuff for my friend's hen party on Sat, and went for dinner and a big walk with my friend and her dogs.

Had a few wines as I am on a late shift, was nice!
How about you?

darkshineskitty
01-10-2009, 12:25 PM

Having some sort of Jedi mind trick battle apparently.

I have kept her email assuring me it's fine, just incase they try and tell me I haven't submitted it or something. Oh AUT, how I hate you!

*cough* I think you mean, AUTU :LOL:

Speaking of Jedi mind tricks, me and some friends are considering going to Armageddon this year. And we're going to go dressed up :awesome:

Tacticalkat
01-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Good thinking.

Having some sort of Jedi mind trick battle apparently.

*cough* I think you mean, AUTU :LOL:

Speaking of Jedi mind tricks, me and some friends are considering going to Armageddon this year. And we're going to go dressed up :awesome:

OMG! GO! I'm going! (don't tell anyone!!) I went last year with my brother and it was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. There were guys dressed in full ghostbuster regalia, comeplete with their gun things that lit up! Hysterical!

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Pretty good! Got loads of study done so I am up to date again, and then got some stuff for my friend's hen party on Sat, and went for dinner and a big walk with my friend and her dogs.

Had a few wines as I am on a late shift, was nice!
How about you?
That does sound good.

I finished an essay today, which is a nice feeling, but it did mean that I forgot to have lunch and so went without food from 9:30am until I finished work at 11 tonight. Not recommended!

Tacticalkat
01-10-2009, 12:29 PM
That does sound good.

I finished an essay today, which is a nice feeling, but it did mean that I forgot to have lunch and so went without food from 9:30am until I finished work at 11 tonight. Not recommended!

Oh man, that is not good! I would have collapsed and turned to dust long ago!:rolleyes:

darkshineskitty
01-10-2009, 12:51 PM
OMG! GO! I'm going! (don't tell anyone!!) I went last year with my brother and it was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. There were guys dressed in full ghostbuster regalia, comeplete with their gun things that lit up! Hysterical!

Yeah so far the plan is to have our group consisting of a Jedi (my friend has a $200 lightsabre :stunned: ), Ash from Pokemon, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Misty from Pokemon (me :D), and my other friend who is still undecided. Oh and we might get a Rorschach as well :D

:stunned: Weren't you staaaarving?

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 12:54 PM
:stunned: Weren't you staaaarving?
I wasn't hungry at all at lunchtime, so I thought it was no big deal skipping it to finish my essay.

My perspective had changed a few hours later.

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Someone should send a picture of John Key for that "Join the Resistance" thing.

Oh how I'd lol if his beaming face appeared on the screens during a Muse performance.

_Ed_
01-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm off to bed now. And I'm going to Hawke's Bay for the weekend...was meant to be a relaxing little holiday, but instead I've had to print off 110 pages of uni stuff to work my way through. Fun fun.

So have a good couple of days, everyone. See you on Sunday.

JoBear
02-10-2009, 10:36 AM
a sunbear died at wellington zoo :(

Tacticalkat
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM

Aww that sucks :(

JoBear
02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
i'm hoping to see them in december when i'm next there but there is only chomel's partner and child left. :( they are such awesome bears.

Tacticalkat
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
i'm hoping to see them in december when i'm next there but there is only chomel's partner and child left. :( they are such awesome bears.

I had to google them, they are beautiful! Such a shame.

JoBear
02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
check out the photo of a moon bear on wikipedia. its the mickey mouse of bears.

Michelle
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM

:supersad: I didn't get to work with the bears but always walked past them. I heard one was having a problem and had to be on a different diet, I guess it was him :( They need a nicer enclosurer too.

Tacticalkat
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM

I like this one, He's all like "I'm SO over this...."

Michelle
02-10-2009, 11:31 AM
:LOL: That's so cute!

Here's my pic.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0416.jpg?t=1254479406

Tacticalkat
02-10-2009, 11:35 AM

Cute! These bears that I never knew existed are gorgeous!

Night guys, I got to go to sleep, have my best friend's hen do tomorrow and I am in charge! ;)

JoBear
02-10-2009, 11:40 AM
michelle, it was the female bear. apparently she was the most sucessful breeding sun bear in australasia. they suspect she had a stroke. :( but you know, for a bear 21 years old is quite good!

you should go through all the bears on wikipedia... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear#Classification)they're just awesome.

Michelle
02-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Cute! These bears that I never knew existed are gorgeous!

Night guys, I got to go to sleep, have my best friend's hen do tomorrow and I am in charge! ;)

Good night! :)

michelle, it was the female bear. apparently she was the most sucessful breeding sun bear in australasia. they suspect she had a stroke. :( but you know, for a bear 21 years old is quite good!

Yeah just read that. :( Ah well, good she had a a nice long life.

darkshineskitty
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM

:stunned: had to post that picture in the Awwwwwwwwwwwh! thread

I remember seeing the Sun bears when I went to Wellington Zoo. It was going to the bathroom over the edge of the moat around their enclosure :LOL: It was so cute though. But they needed a better enclosure. The exhibits at Wellington Zoo were all a bit sad really.

I went into uni today to hang out with some friends, even though it was my day off, and we ended up having heaps of fun at Shadows, and then 4 of us went for dinner at a Japanese place and to Imax for ice-cream and soft drinks :awesome:

lensip max
03-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Urgh. Sickness fail :LOL:
But I paid my rent (overdue the last 7 weeks) today which was cool :)
$40 to live on til next Thursday, and I have nothing else to buy :happy:

Sad about the sunbear :(

Michelle
03-10-2009, 06:29 AM
I wanna make this cake!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cake-eyes-next-victim.jpg

JoBear
03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Tua joked he was going to go to Burker King and then go to sleep.

Good one stuff.

JoBear
03-10-2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.getiton.co.nz/resources/img/logo.png

darkshineskitty
03-10-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.getiton.co.nz/resources/img/logo.png

Ghosty Ghost
04-10-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm doing radio again 3-5 this afternoon! We're doing a whole show of nothing but Bob Dylan covers, which you may think is awesome or a terrible idea.