PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 05:11 AM
I had a Matthew Bellamy moment in that I tried to say something and then laughed at the end so what I was saying came out as a kind of laughing squeak :LOL:
:LOL:
Brilliant.

i look more related to my cousin's kids than i do to anyone else in my family...
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v574/157/93/754863711/n754863711_1627880_7775.jpg
Uncanny.

darkshineskitty
22-11-2009, 05:14 AM
we know they live on the hill so their house will be fine but her husband owns an optometrist so i imagine that's down in the town. waiting for my mum to find out from her sister what's happening.

i look more related to my cousin's kids than i do to anyone else in my family...
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v574/157/93/754863711/n754863711_1627880_7775.jpg

:LOL: wow, if you had a fringe it would be even more similar!

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Right, I'm off. Hope you guys have a nice evening. :)

JoBear
22-11-2009, 05:59 AM
$150,000 to fix that creepy Santa?!

darkshineskitty
22-11-2009, 06:21 AM

Creepy Santa is an Auckland institution! Are they actually fixing it though or are they making it less creepy? :LOL:

JoBear
22-11-2009, 06:23 AM
its finger doesn't move now and they've made his cheeks more rosy, painted less droopy eyes and given him a smile. was just on the news.

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I saw that in the Girly Thread :chuckle: I hope they're okay though.

Oh man, last night when we got back to my friend's place, I took my hair down and it was so matted :LOL: It had been teased and then put up in a bun and when it was out it became like one giant dread :LOL: Me and my friends laughed so hard, it was hysterical. I had a Matthew Bellamy moment in that I tried to say something and then laughed at the end so what I was saying came out as a kind of laughing squeak :LOL:

Edit: have fun you guys! Take pictures! :happy:

Hahah one dread! Like that creepy guy in town!
Teased hair is fun but SO painful to get out afterwards!

we know they live on the hill so their house will be fine but her husband owns an optometrist so i imagine that's down in the town. waiting for my mum to find out from her sister what's happening.

Aww cute! And you all have such gorgeous coloured hair!

Geez, that's a bit extreme! I saw it bandaged up, even creepier than usual but haven't seen it since it's been unveiled.

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 09:26 AM
That guy is VERY creepy!

When I was walking home, I walked past an ad for a Paddle Pop competition called "Lick-a-Prize Soak-a-Rama"...am I the only one that thinks that sounds filthy?

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 09:28 AM
That guy is VERY creepy!

When I was walking home, I walked past an ad for a Paddle Pop competition called "Lick-a-Prize Soak-a-Rama"...am I the only one that thinks that sounds filthy?

Heh, I'm the one who snickered over the 'shag' so no, you aren't the only one! :D

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Shag is pretty damn funny. :chuckle:

Right, sod this. Enough of this uncertainty. Asking uni girl out for a drink. Nothing to lose, right?

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Shag is pretty damn funny. :chuckle:

Right, sod this. Enough of this uncertainty. Asking uni girl out for a drink. Nothing to lose, right?

DO IT!

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Hovering over the send button as we speak.

In other news, my work has its book club thing tomorrow at 5:30. I've used uni as an (honest) excuse the last few times, so I really think I should go this time...the only problem is, I haven't read a fiction book since before uni started in March. :erm:

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Hovering over the send button as we speak.

In other news, my work has its book club thing tomorrow at 5:30. I've used uni as an (honest) excuse the last few times, so I really think I should go this time...the only problem is, I haven't read a fiction book since before uni started in March. :erm:

doitdoitdoit doooo itttttttt!

Hmmm, maybe pick a book you have read in the past?

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea. Might take in one of my favourites and loan it to the communal pile.

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:11 AM
That sounds good!

darkshineskitty
22-11-2009, 10:19 AM
its finger doesn't move now and they've made his cheeks more rosy, painted less droopy eyes and given him a smile. was just on the news.

I haven't had a chance to see it yet, as it was covered when I was in town last night. Doesn't everyone agree that the covered up Santa was creepier than the way the Santa was uncovered? :LOL:

Teased hair is fun but SO painful to get out afterwards!

My hair is pretty much determined to be dead straight 24/7 so it wasn't that hard to brush out.

Yussss. What are you saying?
I was playing matchmaker for my friend last night :LOL: Kept trying to convince her to take the guy she had invited along for a dance- I was making annoying raised eyebrows faces at her during the night :LOL: In the taxi home we discussed the 'how soon do I text?' rule and then today she texted me asking what she should say :LOL:
I'm not even an expert on this or anything :LOL:

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I haven't had a chance to see it yet, as it was covered when I was in town last night. Doesn't everyone agree that the covered up Santa was creepier than the way the Santa was uncovered? :LOL:

My hair is pretty much determined to be dead straight 24/7 so it wasn't that hard to brush out.

I was playing matchmaker for my friend last night :LOL: Kept trying to convince her to take the guy she had invited along for a dance- I was making annoying raised eyebrows faces at her during the night :LOL: In the taxi home we discussed the 'how soon do I text?' rule and then today she texted me asking what she should say :LOL:

YES bandaged santa is SO creepy. I didn't see it tonight though... not sure what the new face will be like.

Awesome go you little match maker :)

darkshineskitty
22-11-2009, 10:21 AM
YES bandaged santa is SO creepy. I didn't see it tonight though... not sure what the new face will be like.

Awesome go you little match maker :)

How were your drinks?

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Haha, good on you. :)

I'm sure most people have had more than enough of this saga, so I'll spoiler it.
Asking how her holiday's going and whether she wants to grab a drink sometime. Then trying to find a way to warn her that my questionable taste in beer, which she found so hilarious and mercilessly hassled last time, hasn't improved...but I'm worried she might not remember that, since it was like four months ago now. :LOL:

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:23 AM
How were your drinks?
Really, really good. :happy: The mango one was a bit too potent though.

And some bastard at the next table stuck heaps of straws together and tried to steal some! The nerve!

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Haha, good on you. :)

I'm sure most people have had more than enough of this saga, so I'll spoiler it.
Asking how her holiday's going and whether she wants to grab a drink sometime. Then trying to find a way to warn her that my questionable taste in beer, which she found so hilarious and mercilessly hassled last time, hasn't improved...but I'm worried she might not remember that, since it was like four months ago now. :LOL:

Lol we all love a good saga!
Go you good thing!!

And some bastard at the next table stuck heaps of straws together and tried to steal some! The nerve!

They were delicious! The mango was a bit extreme compared to the other two!!

LOL that guy, I didn't know what the hell he was trying to do, I thought he was pretending to be an elephant or something . :LOL:

darkshineskitty
22-11-2009, 10:27 AM

I can never have enough of this saga :LOL:
Ooh sounds casual, I like it. Hopefully she remembers otherwise it could be a bit awkward. Four months, woah.

The cocktails there are so good. Haha cheeky! But points for ingenuity.
Oh man I probably shouldn't have had that nap this afternoon. I was so tired just before but now I'm starting to feel awake again. Must force self to sleep earlier.

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Oh man I probably shouldn't have had that nap this afternoon. I was so tired just before but now I'm starting to feel awake again. Must force self to sleep earlier.
It's funny how one night can just throw your whole sleep pattern completely out of whack.

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I can never have enough of this saga :LOL:
Ooh sounds casual, I like it. Hopefully she remembers otherwise it could be a bit awkward. Four months, woah.

The cocktails there are so good. Haha cheeky! But points for ingenuity.

Was it four months ago? Why do I remember it hah?

He only needed like one more and he totally would have nicked our awesome drinks.

And we made an executive decision, that you have to come next time. :D

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:30 AM
And we got the entree-sized nachos. They were a sane size, unlike the huge plates we had in Christchurch!

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:31 AM
And we made an executive decsion, that you have to come next time. :D
:yesey:
I like the sound of a Shadows night if everyone's keen. I think they're open Wednesday-Friday during the summer holidays. Hope we can find a day that suits everyone. :)

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:31 AM
And I didn't finish mine!!! :eek:
I was a bit nervous :$

darkshineskitty
22-11-2009, 10:35 AM
It's funny how one night can just throw your whole sleep pattern completely out of whack.

Not so much one night as such as the entire semester and holidays :LOL: I have a really bad sleeping pattern.

And we made an executive decision, that you have to come next time. :D

:LOL: an order from the upper echelons

And I didn't finish mine!!! :eek:
I was a bit nervous :$

Aw :happy: I would be too :chuckle:

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Aw :happy: I would be too :chuckle:
You wouldn't have any reason to be if you came with us next time - Kat and Michelle are awesome, easy to talk to and perfectly normal...not so sure about that other bloke, but at least 2 out of 3 means it's a majority!

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh, by the way, Kat and Michelle, here's slightly scary Matt in Guitar Hero: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJHOMSxozlE

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:41 AM
You wouldn't have any reason to be if you came with us next time - Kat and Michelle are awesome, easy to talk to and perfectly normal...not so sure about that other bloke, but at least 2 out of 3 means it's a majority!

Hey who are you calling normal? Hahahh :)

It was really nice, and you def have to come next time Kitty!

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Oh, by the way, Kat and Michelle, here's slightly scary Matt in Guitar Hero: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJHOMSxozlE

OMG! That's awesome!! And totally creepy! I MUST PLAY THIS.

darkshineskitty
22-11-2009, 10:42 AM
It was really nice, and you def have to come next time Kitty!

:chuckle:
I think we need to find a way to locate Lenny too- bring the party to her health getaway place!

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I think we need to find a way to locate Lenny too- bring the party to her health getaway place!

Wouldn't that be perfect? :)

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:47 AM
That's a great idea.

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Look at today's birthdays -
!!hara! (39) , ! !yahi (39) , ! !aa (39) , ! ! agar! (39) , ! ! yara (39) , !!naha (39) , ! ! ! b (39) , ! ! ! y (39)

What a coincidence. Octuplets?

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 10:57 AM

What a coincidence. Octuplets?

What the? Where did that come from?

Edit: I seee!

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 10:58 AM
On the front page of the board. The excessive use of exclamation marks caught my eye.

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 11:00 AM
They definitely stand out!

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 11:15 AM
The cacti this evening reminded me of this.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/mooncrickit/The%20Family%20Guy/ShowCactusBalls.jpg
It's an oldie, but a goodie.

lensip max
22-11-2009, 12:31 PM
:LOL: that's terrible

What a coincidence. Octuplets?Multiple accounts where the person kept wanting to change their username?

http://www.pagani.co.nz/productimages/MEDIUM/431.jpgOh oh oh that's pretty :)

I know, and especially cos I went shopping by myself and I was like 'oh no, I'm going to have to get the assistant to come in and help me out of it :eek:':LOL: Did you do the kind of hopping dance with your arms flailing above your head while shimmying your shoulders to try and wriggle out of it?

That is the best dance evar :awesome:
I started drinking coffee this year too, but I haven't had any for a couple months now. I don't know why, but I just don't really feel like it lately.Me three?

Got a job as a barista this summer on the surf highway though, so I suspect that my coffee consumption is set to increase exponentially.

And with any luck I'm finally going to learn to surf this summer!

OMGGGGGGGGGGG. Aut just put up all the marks online for the exam. I GOT THE TOP MARK IN THE CLASS!
How in the hell did that happen!??!Congrats!!!

i look more related to my cousin's kids than i do to anyone else in my family...Everyone gets me mixed up with my uncles kids, rather than my own sisters.

That photo is quite lovely, btw (:

$150,000 to fix that creepy Santa?!At first I didn't realise what you guys were on about.

Then I clicked on the finger talk.

That creepy santa.

My hair is pretty much determined to be dead straight 24/7 so it wasn't that hard to brush out.My hair is like, the exact opposite... It's so madly ringlety/curly/frizzy/wavy (not any one of those so much as a curious combination of all 4 textures and dispositions) that it dreads up every couple of days.

I'm getting it cut short this summer though, because it is the worst thing to deal with otherwise!

I'm not even an expert on this or anything:LOL: I do this as well. I find it so hilarious because like, they all go "What should I do???" about romance and I dish out advice every time they ask, and even though I've pointed out more than once that my track record is just about as dysfunctional as it gets, they still take what I say to heart. Which is really kind of whack if you think about it...

Wouldn't that be perfect? :)
That's a great idea.Awww you guys!

I'll probably shoot up to Auckland at some point next year - I'll let you all know (on an internet message board, because I'm totally security conscious) and we can has catch ups :awesome:

Daaaamn I'm tired now... but I'm going to stay awake tonight in case mum needs anything, because I'm much more likely to help her if she needs something if I don't have to pull myself out of sleep in the first place to do it.

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Multiple accounts where the person kept wanting to change their username?
Yeah, maybe...not very drastic changes though, are they?

I'll probably shoot up to Auckland at some point next year - I'll let you all know (on an internet message board, because I'm totally security conscious) and we can has catch ups :awesome:
:awesome:
That would be great.

Daaaamn I'm tired now... but I'm going to stay awake tonight in case mum needs anything, because I'm much more likely to help her if she needs something if I don't have to pull myself out of sleep in the first place to do it.
That's really good of you. I hope you get to catch up on some sleep some time soon.

OMG my chair just creaked really ominously. I think I might be hitting the deck some time soon!

lensip max
22-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah, maybe...not very drastic changes though, are they?

That would be great.

That's really good of you. I hope you get to catch up on some sleep some time soon.

OMG my chair just creaked really ominously. I think I might be hitting the deck some time soon!I think they were trying to get the last name on the members list or something?

And it so totally will happen. Eventually. I just need to steel myself to actually want to go visit all the family I have scattered across Auckland first :LOL: (of the 15 I can think of off the top of my head, I enjoy the company of 4 of them...)

Haha not really. I'm not pulling some cut off a chunk of myself to cook into stew kind of a thing (ancient chinese remedy for a parent's disease of any description, or so I am told). I stay awake til about 3 most nights anyway.

Your chair is trying to tell you something though, I think :chuckle:

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, probably. And it's right - I think it's past my bedtime.

I hope you have a good day tomorrow. :) Night!

lensip max
22-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I intend to sleep all day :yesey:

You too!

lensip max
22-11-2009, 03:23 PM
http://msn.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10610856&ref=rss

That's really rather sad.

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 09:19 PM
The cacti this evening reminded me of this.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/mooncrickit/The%20Family%20Guy/ShowCactusBalls.jpg
It's an oldie, but a goodie.

Argghhh! Hahah, but that one looks real and yours wasn't!

:LOL: that's terrible

Got a job as a barista this summer on the surf highway though, so I suspect that my coffee consumption is set to increase exponentially.

Awww you guys!

Yay for the job!
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, I might have it if someone buys it for me but I always get a mocha, because I feel really lame asking for tea, and they always make it shit anyway.

I really want to learn to surf! But I'm not a real good swimmer, I'm not very strong so I would probably spend the whole time trying to drown.

It will be awesome if yuo come up through summer!

Oh man that sucks, that's awful.

I really need a new computer chair, the swiss ball is getting old, and I think it has a leak, because I'm slowly getting lower and lower.....

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 11:14 PM

That's awful. :(

_Ed_
22-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Still no marks. :indiff:

I'm getting sick of this. Every day my heartbeat goes to crazy levels while I log into the site, I hold my breath, and then....no.

Tacticalkat
22-11-2009, 11:31 PM

I'm getting sick of this. Every day my heartbeat goes to crazy levels while I log into the site, I hold my breath, and then....no.

It's so unfair, we put so much into the exams and then I hate that they just leave you hanging with no idea at all of when to expect the results.

I thought I was going to have a stroke every time I logged on for mine!

I'm now going through the painful process of trying to enrol for next year. :(

lensip max
23-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Yay for the job!
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, I might have it if someone buys it for me but I always get a mocha, because I feel really lame asking for tea, and they always make it shit anyway.

I really want to learn to surf! But I'm not a real good swimmer, I'm not very strong so I would probably spend the whole time trying to drown.

It will be awesome if yuo come up through summer!

I really need a new computer chair, the swiss ball is getting old, and I think it has a leak, because I'm slowly getting lower and lower.....Thanks :D
Lol yeah, my worst thing is that I tend to take herbal tea bags with me wherever, so I'll go to coffee stalls and ask for hot water :LOL:

I'm a good swimmer but if my non-existent wakeboarding skills are anything to go by, surfing is going to take me a LOT of practicing.

I'm getting sick of this. Every day my heartbeat goes to crazy levels while I log into the site, I hold my breath, and then....no.Sucky.

I'm sure you'll have done really well though!

Michelle
23-11-2009, 12:45 AM

Aww, that's so cute.

That's good their house is on a hill.

:erm:

Agreed :LOL:

Good on you. But when that happened to me it was awkward. I was out with my class at the end of a field trip and one of the guys was trying to hook me up with a guy friend who happened to be out that night with his friend too, and I dunno it was just awkward :$

Yeah, go mango hahaha :LOL: That guy must have already had to much to drink or was really desperate for one to buil his straw contraption :rolleyes:

And we got the entree-sized nachos. They were a sane size, unlike the huge plates we had in Christchurch!

They were bigger in Chch? Wow. They were so good though, best nachos I've had before.

Haha, the moves are awesome, but the mouth is a bit creepy :LOL:

Oh cool, that should make a good summer :)

I watched that research lab show, 'Better off Ted", last night and it might have future promise. A good line at the beginning was "we want to weaponise pumpkins", but the end product wasn't so creative and funny..

_Ed_
23-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Good on you. But when that happened to me it was awkward. I was out with my class at the end of a field trip and one of the guys was trying to hook me up with a guy friend who happened to be out that night with his friend too, and I dunno it was just awkward :$
I can understand that. I'd probably be uncomfortable with that sort of situation too!

They were bigger in Chch? Wow. They were so good though, best nachos I've had before.
Yeah we got the main size there instead of the entree size. I won't be making that mistake again. They were very delicious. :happy:

Haha, the moves are awesome, but the mouth is a bit creepy :LOL:
Yeah, exactly.

Michelle
23-11-2009, 01:06 AM
I can understand that. I'd probably be uncomfortable with that sort of situation too!

Thankfully I don't think my friend noticed too much about what was going on so we we're still friends after that.

Yeah we got the main size there instead of the entree size. I won't be making that mistake again. They were very delicious. :happy:

Ah I see. The entree size was just right. Looking at the big plates other people were getting, I can understand why some were getting doggy bags.

JoBear
23-11-2009, 03:52 AM
someone could have spell checked that article..defandant? and its weird it was spelt right in other places in that article.

work gave me 2x pearl jam tickets today for free - $240 worth. :awesome: :cool:

lensip max
23-11-2009, 05:11 AM
AWESOME!!!

New Zealand publications are generally filled with mistakes, because people think that spell checking is tantamount to being a copy editor :rolleyes:

Michelle
23-11-2009, 05:46 AM

Sweet! :D

_Ed_
23-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Haha, I just saw an article on Cricinfo about Neil Broom (which was pretty funny in itself), and I laughed at this being the only picture of him they could find.
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/109100/109117.2.jpg

Tacticalkat
23-11-2009, 08:53 AM
someone could have spell checked that article..defandant? and its weird it was spelt right in other places in that article.

That's so awesome!

Haha, I just saw an article on Cricinfo about Neil Broom (which was pretty funny in itself), and I laughed at this being the only picture of him they could find.

HEEE HEE HEE.

How is everyone's day going? I just finished work.

Can you guys please promise me something? Ladies, please under no circumstances EVER get silicone injected into your body, ever! It leaves such a nasty mess.

Boys, please don't stick foreign objects into places that they don't belong! Especially not safety pins!!!!

Because I don't want to see you at work!

JoBear
23-11-2009, 08:54 AM
interesting day at work huh?

mine wasn't, well other than the tickets. there wasn't much to do but speculate on when the wind was going to change directions and it was going to reach the 28 degrees forecast. it's 22 degrees right now.

_Ed_
23-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Can you guys please promise me something? Ladies, please under no circumstances EVER get silicone injected into your body, ever! It leaves such a nasty mess.

Boys, please don't stick foreign objects into places that they don't belong! Especially not safety pins!!!!

:stunned:

Tacticalkat
23-11-2009, 09:02 AM

mine wasn't, well other than the tickets. there wasn't much to do but speculate on when the wind was going to change directions and it was going to reach the 28 degrees forecast. it's 22 degrees right now.

28 degrees>? That's insane!!
It was an interesting night, that's for sure.

JoBear
23-11-2009, 09:06 AM
it didn't get there in the end. it was 29 degrees on saturday and it made me actually somewhat glad to be dragged around the mall as it was airconditioned. finally we might be getting a bit of spring/summer.

probably jinxed it now!

Tacticalkat
23-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Woah that is quite like summer! Which I am so ready for!

I have my work Christmas do on Friday, and it feels way too early!!!

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 09:13 AM
:LOL: Did you do the kind of hopping dance with your arms flailing above your head while shimmying your shoulders to try and wriggle out of it?

That is the best dance evar :awesome:

:LOL: I know exactly what dance you mean. But no, I didn't do that. Mostly because I realised you could see my arms waving over the top of the changing room :LOL: I did the old 'cross arms and pull' technique which usually ends in pulling a muscle :LOL:

I got a B+ on both my FTVMS papers :happy: Haven't got the other ones back yet though :indiff: I want to know what I got for my creative writing especially.

Tickets are :awesome:
Supposed to be a heatwave from Aussie coming over here soon.

_Ed_
23-11-2009, 09:17 AM
I got a B+ on both my FTVMS papers :happy:
That's great. Congrats!

Tacticalkat
23-11-2009, 09:22 AM
:LOL: I know exactly what dance you mean. But no, I didn't do that. Mostly because I realised you could see my arms waving over the top of the changing room :LOL: I did the old 'cross arms and pull' technique which usually ends in pulling a muscle :LOL:

I got a B+ on both my FTVMS papers :happy: Haven't got the other ones back yet though :indiff: I want to know what I got for my creative writing especially.

YAY well done on your marks! Celebrations?

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 09:39 AM
That's great. Congrats!

YAY well done on your marks! Celebrations?

Thank you :happy: No celebrations atm, finding out my other marks first.
Although I did transfer some money to my sis credit card today so I can buy a dvd online :awesome: Reward!

Edit: That reminds me, has anyone ordered from Amazon.com before?

JoBear
23-11-2009, 09:43 AM
nah i find amazon's postage costs to new zealand far too expensive.

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 09:47 AM
nah i find amazon's postage costs to new zealand far too expensive.

Apparently its only $5.50 for priority shipping :erm:

Michelle
23-11-2009, 09:50 AM

How is everyone's day going? I just finished work.

:stunned: I promise then.

Edit: That reminds me, has anyone ordered from Amazon.com before?

I have once.

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I have once.

Details?

Michelle
23-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Details?

What kind of details? :shifty:

It went well if that's what you want to know. Delivery may have been a about few weeks like they say it can take.

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 09:58 AM
What kind of details? :shifty:

It went well if that's what you want to know. Delivery may have been a about few weeks like they say it can take.

Yeah that is what I wanted to know :LOL: It says priority shipping takes 2-4 days, does that seem a bit optimistic? :erm:

Michelle
23-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah that is what I wanted to know :LOL: It says priority shipping takes 2-4 days, does that seem a bit optimistic? :erm:

Hmm, it does seem optimistic. I just had standard shipping though. Priority shipping is the more expensive one right? Hmm...

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Hmm, it does seem optimistic. I just had standard shipping though. Priority shipping is the more expensive one right? Hmm...

It says its the same price. $3.99 USD, which is about $5.50 NZD

JoBear
23-11-2009, 10:09 AM
its annoying when you buy a DVD from overseas that doesn't have a nz classification that you then can't legally onsell it. got a couple like that.

Michelle
23-11-2009, 10:10 AM
It says its the same price. $3.99 USD, which is about $5.50 NZD

From what I'm looking at for Aus shipping rates here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_596184_tips?nodeId=596190) it is more than that for priority...

Edit: I still have my e-mail from them woo, lol. My standard shipping was $6.48 (US I'd say) for my box set.

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 10:23 AM
its annoying when you buy a DVD from overseas that doesn't have a nz classification that you then can't legally onsell it. got a couple like that.

I'm not intending to ever onsell this one :p
This one is manufactured on demand too :erm:

From what I'm looking at for Aus shipping rates here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_596184_tips?nodeId=596190) it is more than that for priority...

Edit: I still have my e-mail from them woo, lol. My standard shipping was $6.48 (US I'd say) for my box set.

Sorry I was looking at the wrong table. But in total the product is about $25 NZD, which is still cheaper than ordering it in.

lensip max
23-11-2009, 10:44 AM
:LOL: I know exactly what dance you mean. But no, I didn't do that. Mostly because I realised you could see my arms waving over the top of the changing room :LOL: I did the old 'cross arms and pull' technique which usually ends in pulling a muscle :LOL:Another classic :happy:

Urgh I just tried to catch this HUGE fucking white tail and I missed and it dropped off the wall and fell behind the desk.
It was so big it fucking well made a thumping noise when it landed on the ground :'(

I'm sitting with my knees hunched up atm. I'm about to quit the internets and watch pushing daisies instead. Y'know, in another room with miles of bare floorboards between me and its last known location so I'll be able to see it coming.

Again with the :'(

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Another classic :happy:

Urgh I just tried to catch this HUGE fucking white tail and I missed and it dropped off the wall and fell behind the desk.
It was so big it fucking well made a thumping noise when it landed on the ground :'(

I'm sitting with my knees hunched up atm. I'm about to quit the internets and watch pushing daisies instead. Y'know, in another room with miles of bare floorboards between me and its last known location so I'll be able to see it coming.

Ew ew ew ew :supersad:

lensip max
23-11-2009, 11:03 AM
We get monstrous ones out here :noey:

Urgh. Okay. Actual internet quitting now!

Night!

darkshineskitty
23-11-2009, 11:08 AM
We get monstrous ones out here :noey:

Urgh. Okay. Actual internet quitting now!

Night!

:stunned: that's scary

Night! :happy:

_Ed_
23-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I had a bit of an awkward moment coming home today. I got on the bus, said hi to the driver, and he mumbled something that was either "hello" or "how are you?" I was about 55% sure it was "how are you?", but that's really not enough to confidently answer.

Because what if it was only hello, and I said "good, thanks"? Would he think I was pointedly answering a question he didn't ask in a way that suggests he should have asked it?

And earlier I was sitting on a bench and it was just coming up to the time I planned to leave, when someone came and sat next to me. I couldn't just get up and leave then, could I? Because then it would look like I left because he sat next to me.

In other words, I'm a bit of a social disaster. :facepalm:

_Ed_
23-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm thinking I might go with something Musey for the music video-themed party on Saturday - a quick look at some costume hire places has shown me that SFA astronaut and Uprising teddy are feasible. Do you guys approve?

Tacticalkat
23-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Another classic :happy:

=EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW those things freak me out! It sounds like the brother of the one I had crawl over me the other night! You always know it's bad when you can hear the sounds they make when they hit stuff.... massive scary mo fo's.

I hope you got it in the end.

I had a bit of an awkward moment coming home today. I got on the bus, said hi to the driver, and he mumbled something that was either "hello" or "how are you?" I was about 55% sure it was "how are you?", but that's really not enough to confidently answer.

Because what if it was only hello, and I said "good, thanks"? Would he think I was pointedly answering a question he didn't ask in a way that suggests he should have asked it?

And earlier I was sitting on a bench and it was just coming up to the time I planned to leave, when someone came and sat next to me. I couldn't just get up and leave then, could I? Because then it would look like I left because he sat next to me.

In other words, I'm a bit of a social disaster. :facepalm:

I do this shit all the time I am pretty much that awkward penguin meme. It often happens when I say hello to people too, they reply with 'good thanks' and then I wonder if I just mumble or something?

Bloody social awkwardness!

I'm thinking I might go with something Musey for the music video-themed party on Saturday - a quick look at some costume hire places has shown me that SFA astronaut and Uprising teddy are feasible. Do you guys approve?

Completely and wholeheartedly!

_Ed_
24-11-2009, 03:33 AM
So I'm feeding my sister's cat and fish while she's away in Melbourne this week.

Today I go in there, sit down and talk to the cat for a while then feed him, and then I go to the fish tank...and there are no fish to be seen. :erm:

Michelle
24-11-2009, 03:42 AM

Oh yeah, it's very awkward when that happens.

YES!! We must get photos of it too! :D

So I'm feeding my sister's cat and fish while she's away in Melbourne this week.

Today I go in there, sit down and talk to the cat for a while then feed him, and then I go to the fish tank...and there are no fish to be seen. :erm:

Oh dear. What kind of fish is she suppose to have? Are there things in the tank for them to hide in? Sometimes my tank would look empty when they were all down the back hiding behind plants and ornaments.

_Ed_
24-11-2009, 03:54 AM
They are/were goldfish. There's two halves of a shipwreck thing that they could hide in, but I sprinkled some fish food in and they didn't come out. :unsure:

My sister was wanting to get rid of them anyway, but one kept dying and leaving the other one alone, so she would buy another one as a companion. So it might not be too disappointing for her, but it's not great that it happened while I was meant to be looking after them!

Michelle
24-11-2009, 04:59 AM
I see, but yeah you don't want that while your in charge.

Hmm, well goldfish usually float when they die, so if they are not there next time I guess look in the ship and behind the tank incase they jumped out (unlikely with goldfish but that happened with one type of small fish I've had). Otherwise, blame the cat...

_Ed_
24-11-2009, 05:03 AM
Otherwise, blame the cat...
That's what I'm thinking. He's been an interested observer of the fish for years now, and maybe he sensed an opportunity.

I couldn't find any incriminating evidence though.

Michelle
24-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Yeah, plus I assume there is a lid on the tank which would be difficult for a cat to get through. My cat would just sit on top of the tank for fun :chuckle:

Hopefully they will appear the next time you go there then.

Tacticalkat
24-11-2009, 05:29 AM
They are/were goldfish. There's two halves of a shipwreck thing that they could hide in, but I sprinkled some fish food in and they didn't come out. :unsure:

My sister was wanting to get rid of them anyway, but one kept dying and leaving the other one alone, so she would buy another one as a companion. So it might not be too disappointing for her, but it's not great that it happened while I was meant to be looking after them!

Oh dear! That doesn't bode well for the goldfish. Does the cat look exeptionally pleased with himself?
My brother has fish, and they are often hidden, and when they come out they quite often look dead, when they aren't, so you might be ok.

Otherwise, I might find myself hunting the local pet shop for some that look the same!

_Ed_
24-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Haha, good idea.

And yes, he was a very happy cat.

Tacticalkat
24-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Well, he would be! I had to lol at your 'no incriminating evidence' they usually don't leave much behind.

Though I frequently find a beak and feet on the tiles......:stunned:

_Ed_
24-11-2009, 09:26 AM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/3558/slide_3558_50466_large.jpg
:facepalm:

Tacticalkat
24-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Oh dear. That is quite brilliant! Where do they get these people?!

How's your evening going? I've wasted the entire night quite spectacularly.

_Ed_
24-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Nothing wrong with that.

It's a boring quiet night at work for me. Counting down to 11!

darkshineskitty
24-11-2009, 12:16 PM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/3558/slide_3558_50466_large.jpg
:facepalm:

I always lol at the 'obviously he has a girlfriend who brought that magazine'. Because bringing guy porn to your boyfriends house is something people do often.

I saw New Moon today. It was bad. Seriously bad.

Tacticalkat
24-11-2009, 09:34 PM
New Moon was always going to be bad, but I still think it was better than the first, thoguh I wonder if part of that is due to the fact that I have got used to just how terrible the first one was:)
Have you read the books Kitty?

I had such a nice surprise at work today, one of our part time techs has baked all the trainees chocolate brownies as a congratulations on our exams! It was so sweet of her and they were delicious!:D

_Ed_
24-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Awesome, that's a really nice surprise!

Still no marks. This is getting bloody ridiculous.

Tacticalkat
25-11-2009, 02:59 AM
Awesome, that's a really nice surprise!

Still no marks. This is getting bloody ridiculous.

It was!

Are they normally out by now? I was surpirsed by AUT having ours, we usually have to wait to late Dec early Jan to get ours so they were super early.

I think you guys have slightly different semesters to us though?
Can you email anyone and harrass them to put them up?

_Ed_
25-11-2009, 03:04 AM
They usually come out about now, but I guess since I had no exams this time I feel like it's been longer than it has. I'll wait patiently for another week or so I think.

How's your day going? Nice weather today.

Michelle
25-11-2009, 04:02 AM
The weather is nice today, but it's been quite windy which I have taken some comfort from since I've been stuck inside all day and getting fustrated with how to do my assignment statisitcs until I worked it out.

Tacticalkat
25-11-2009, 04:57 AM
They usually come out about now, but I guess since I had no exams this time I feel like it's been longer than it has. I'll wait patiently for another week or so I think.

How's your day going? Nice weather today.

I'm not so good at waiting patiently!! I want YOUR results now, hahahah!

My day was lovely! Had a massive big spine (only my second one) and it's a huge bug thing for the anaesthetic, because to opeate on a spine you have to be face down, which makes things complicated from a breathing aspect.

It went really well, and smooth and it was such a nice day so I am really pleased, I didn't trip up the surgeon with my lines, or anyone else for that matter, so it was all good.
And the ice cream man just stopped outside my house!!!! Have to admit I behaved like 6 year old as I ran down the road in glee to get my choc tipped ice cream. :D

How's yours going? You captioning tonight?

The weather is nice today, but it's been quite windy which I have taken some comfort from since I've been stuck inside all day and getting fustrated with how to do my assignment statisitcs until I worked it out.

It looked liek a gorgeous day from what i have seen since I left work!

BLEUGH stats, rather you than me there! Did you get it all done in the end?

_Ed_
25-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Great to hear that that went well. Jealous that you got the ice cream man! He never goes into my road.

My day's been ok...just waiting. Not working tonight.

kinopus
25-11-2009, 05:06 AM
evening all been a while since ive been on here, how has everyone been, whos going to bdo, or is that a silly question.

its been exactly 2 years since most of us last saw them all.

_Ed_
25-11-2009, 05:23 AM
True! I hadn't noticed.

I've already got my BDO ticket. :)

Tacticalkat
25-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Great to hear that that went well. Jealous that you got the ice cream man! He never goes into my road.

My day's been ok...just waiting. Not working tonight.

Heh, my excitement over the ice cream was actually better than the ice cream :)

evening all been a while since ive been on here, how has everyone been, whos going to bdo, or is that a silly question.

I'm going! Second time to BDO but first time to see Muse.

Michelle
25-11-2009, 05:48 AM
My day was lovely! Had a massive big spine (only my second one) and it's a huge bug thing for the anaesthetic, because to opeate on a spine you have to be face down, which makes things complicated from a breathing aspect.

It went really well, and smooth and it was such a nice day so I am really pleased, I didn't trip up the surgeon with my lines, or anyone else for that matter, so it was all good.
And the ice cream man just stopped outside my house!!!! Have to admit I behaved like 6 year old as I ran down the road in glee to get my choc tipped ice cream. :D

BLEUGH stats, rather you than me there! Did you get it all done in the end?

Oh awesome, sunds like you had a good day indeed :D

I haven't finished yet. I've done about 12 out of 15 steps we were given, but step 15 requires repeating everything for 2009 data, hopefully I can cut and paste most of the equations, but it worries me that he says 'with modifications as you see fit' but I don't see how I will cope with that :LOL:

Hey Nick! I have been well apart from assignment stress and a bumed out ankle. How have you been?

Yes, that is a silly question for most of us :p I am going, but I haven't got my ticket yet :$ I'm waiting til my allowance comes back so I have money for going out and counting on tickets not selling out til later...

kinopus
25-11-2009, 05:50 AM
awesome. glad theyre headlining this time 11 songs wasnt enough last time :P

gah i really need to get a ticket. so many gigs coming up so much to pay for

_Ed_
25-11-2009, 05:51 AM
awesome. glad theyre headlining this time 11 songs wasnt enough last time
Yeah exactly.

Last time they walked off and it was like, "what, already?"

Muse are also promising some awesome visuals for the BDO, hope they bring those to our one this time.

Tacticalkat
25-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Oh awesome, sunds like you had a good day indeed :D

I haven't finished yet. I've done about 12 out of 15 steps we were given, but step 15 requires repeating everything for 2009 data, hopefully I can cut and paste most of the equations, but it worries me that he says 'with modifications as you see fit' but I don't see how I will cope with that :LOL:

Yes, that is a silly question for most of us :p I am going, but I haven't got my ticket yet :$ I'm waiting til my allowance comes back so I have money for going out and counting on tickets not selling out til later...

Argh that sounds like hard work! I never realised how much better I am at practical things than theory til I got this job!
Hope you manage to get it done!

Is your ankle still bad then? What are you going to do?

Also, does BDO usually sell out?

Michelle
25-11-2009, 05:55 AM
awesome. glad theyre headlining this time 11 songs wasnt enough last time :P

gah i really need to get a ticket. so many gigs coming up so much to pay for

I know, I would have a quite few tickets if I had the money. I'll just hope that at least some of them don't sell out.

And yeah, I'm glad they are headlining too so we get a full setlist :D

Last time they walked off and it was like, "what, already?"

Muse are also promising some awesome visuals for the BDO, hope they bring those to our one this time.

+1 :awesome:

_Ed_
25-11-2009, 05:56 AM
I think it has the last few years, but usually not until late December/early January.

Michelle
25-11-2009, 06:02 AM
Argh that sounds like hard work! I never realised how much better I am at practical things than theory til I got this job!
Hope you manage to get it done!

Is your ankle still bad then? What are you going to do?

Yeah, I wish could just go out there and do the work with no stats :LOL:

My ankle isn't that bad. Like it was a little sore this morning but went away. I haven't bandaged it and it's been ok, but just feels weird sometimes and the occasional dull pain in the back, and some clicking.. Don't think there is much I can do about it apart from rest and when I have to go to Tawh, I'll just bandage it so I don't make it sore from walking around heaps.

BDO doesn't sell out usually til January (if it does) apart from the odd times it sold out in December.

Tacticalkat
25-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Make sure if you are walking lots on it you get a proper ankle support! And lots of anti inflams, and look after it! :)
When are you going to Tawhas?

I can't wait for December, I have TWO whole weeks off! And then the day for the BDO too! (Very very unheard of to get all that time in my job) :)

Michelle
25-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Make sure if you are walking lots on it you get a proper ankle support! And lots of anti inflams, and look after it! :)
When are you going to Tawhas?

I forgot to look at proper ankle supports when I was at the mall yesterday, must remember next time.

My supervisor asked me to go tomorrow but I haven't heard back from her yet as she was going to Tiritiri Matangi Is til today. Maybe I should text her later or ealry in the morning if I don't hear back...

I can't wait for December, I have TWO whole weeks off! And then the day for the BDO too! (Very very unheard of to get all that time in my job) :)

Ooh awesome! :)

Tacticalkat
25-11-2009, 07:03 AM
I forgot to look at proper ankle supports when I was at the mall yesterday, must remember next time.

My supervisor asked me to go tomorrow but I haven't heard back from her yet as she was going to Tiritiri Matangi Is til today. Maybe I should text her later or ealry in the morning if I don't hear back...

Ooh awesome! :)

Cool! Especially if the weather stays like it was today!
Try and get one of the ones that's made from wet suit-ish type material, they are really good but still breathe, and you can wash them .:)

Michelle
25-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Try and get one of the ones that's made from wet suit-ish type material, they are really good but still breathe, and you can wash them .:)

Oh interesting, thanks for the tip.

darkshineskitty
25-11-2009, 11:37 AM
New Moon was always going to be bad, but I still think it was better than the first, thoguh I wonder if part of that is due to the fact that I have got used to just how terrible the first one was:)
Have you read the books Kitty?

I had such a nice surprise at work today, one of our part time techs has baked all the trainees chocolate brownies as a congratulations on our exams! It was so sweet of her and they were delicious!:D

I have read the books, yeah. I actually read New Moon first. That was because I didn't realise it was part of a series, and the hype about them hadn't reached here yet. I really disliked it, and so didn't read the series, until my friend was like read them because they're making a movie :LOL: When I read the full series I didn't read New Moon again though. Once was enough :LOL:. But if anyone wants to buy it from me...? :LOL:

Sounds like everyone had good days :happy: Transferred some money so should be able to order my dvd from Amazon soon. It will be a while before it gets here but I'm still pleased :happy:. I also want to get our bicycle pump back so I can pump our bike's tires and have a ride around the neighbourhood :happy: the weather has been too nice recently to not go out and enjoy it with some exercise. Atm I need to catch up on my guilty pleasure tv shows online though :LOL:.

_Ed_
25-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Finally got my marks.

I needed a GPA of 5.5 to do Masters...mine is 5.75. :happy: Got two Bs, a B+ and an A-.

Sofia
26-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Just wanted to say that I love Your country. <3
Was there in 2006 and can't wait til next time I can go for a long visit.
/me leaves the thread again

Michelle
26-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Finally got my marks.

I needed a GPA of 5.5 to do Masters...mine is 5.75. :happy: Got two Bs, a B+ and an A-.

Congrats! :D Got any ideas what you'll do your Masters on?

I'm going to Tawh tonight. I hope the mobile reception has improved up there, but doubtful. Ah well, everyone have a good Friday and weekend if I don't get enough signal to use the internet on my phone :rolleyes:

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Thanks! I'd like to do my thesis on political satire, but that might be an area that's already been covered a lot and I'm not sure what I'd do anyway. But I've got ages to think about it.

Hope you have an awesome time at Tawh!

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Finally got my marks.

OH MY GOD! CONGRATULATIONS!

Well done, you must be stoked. I'm so pleased for you!!!!

Congrats! :D Got any ideas what you'll do your Masters on?

I'm going to Tawh tonight. I hope the mobile reception has improved up there, but doubtful. Ah well, everyone have a good Friday and weekend if I don't get enough signal to use the internet on my phone :rolleyes:

Ooooh have fun! And take care of your ankle (and the rest of you too) :)

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Thanks. :)

How's your day been?

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 04:31 AM
I had another really nice day! I was 'floating girl' today so I did a bit of everything, worked in 5 different theatres with loads of different people, it's a bitty day but I ended up doing loads of good stuff so it was great! And now I'm knackered.
AND STOKED FOR YOU! :)

How's your day going?

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 04:34 AM
Good thanks! Although I just had the most boring hour ever at work - had to go to a demonstration of how to use the new online performance review system. I nearly fell asleep.

My pants are covered in cat hair because I went to feed my sister's cat on the way into work and he decided to headbutt my legs repeatedly.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 04:38 AM
Good thanks! Although I just had the most boring hour ever at work - had to go to a demonstration of how to use the new online performance review system. I nearly fell asleep.

My pants are covered in cat hair because I went to feed my sister's cat on the way into work and he decided to headbutt my legs repeatedly.

Bah hahha!
My legs are covered in scratches because my cat just did that to me, while I was balanced on the swiss ball.

Online performance review? ZZzzZZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzz :)

Oooh does this mean we should be watching captions tonight then?

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 04:42 AM
I will be doing Tonight tonight, if I'm still awake then! Don't know if I'll have any live crosses or anything exciting like that to do though.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 04:44 AM
Awesome. My brother and I watched them on Tuesday on close up and part of Coronation st, they cracked us up but they weren't your ones.

The coro ones only had about one caption for every ten minutes of dialogue! Ripped off!

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 04:47 AM
Ooh, lazy. :noey:

We can't take the blame for that - they send them to us already done. Although maybe we should actually bother to do them properly ourselves.

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Old people are walking past my window. There's like 30-40 of them! Wonder where they're going.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Ooh, lazy. :noey:

We can't take the blame for that - they send them to us already done. Although maybe we should actually bother to do them properly ourselves.

OOOOhhh! I had guessed that they were already done when they were sent over, they were SO bad!

Old people are walking past my window. There's like 30-40 of them! Wonder where they're going.

Hmmmmmmmm. Sounds suspicious!
Did you ever find the firsh, by the way?

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 04:59 AM
No I still couldn't see them today. :erm:

And the cat was still looking very pleased with himself.

darkshineskitty
26-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Finally got my marks.

Yay Rich! :happy: You must be pretty happy.
I got my other marks back too, but still don't know when I can go back and pick up my multimedia assignment in person :erm:

Just wanted to say that I love Your country. <3
Was there in 2006 and can't wait til next time I can go for a long visit.
/me leaves the thread again

:happy: <3

I ordered that DVD I wanted off Amazon today. It says the expected delivery date is 24th December :awesome:

Ghosty Ghost
26-11-2009, 05:26 AM
You're the man Rich!

lensip max
26-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Finally got my marks.

I needed a GPA of 5.5 to do Masters...mine is 5.75. :happy: Got two Bs, a B+ and an A-.CONGRATULATIONS!

Worth the wait :happy:

My day's been soooooooooooooo boring. The other night my mum got epically depressed - like, more than usual. She's been on anti-depressants since I was 12 or something - about the state of the house.
So I've been the cleaning ninja the last couple of days. Everything's done now except that I need to mop the floors in 5 rooms. It'll look really nice after that though. We have tawa floors and the grain of the wood is really pretty and swirly.

But I have this HUGE headache now, because I've probably inhaled a shit tonne of chemicals.

But blah. I need to go make dinner now!

JoBear
26-11-2009, 06:31 AM
congrats rich! i spent most of today doing nothing, strangely didn't seem that long of a day either...if it was like that at my usual work i would have been tearing my hair out at the end.

i've made chicken stuffed with mushroom and basil...hoping it actually tastes okay as it looks like slugs currently.

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

Wow, you know a movie's gonna be bad when Jennifer Love Hewitt shows up wearing glasses and a lab coat.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 07:57 AM
I think you pretty much know the movie is going to be bad when jennifer Love Hewitt turns up..... :D

Lenny your floors sound friggen awesome! We have a table like that, it's goooooorgeous.

I have my work Christmas do tomorrow, and I so can't be bothered! But it will be nice to see what my workmates look like when they aren't wearing pyjamas, and have hair.;)

JoBear
26-11-2009, 08:25 AM
its weird seeing my workmates out of uniform. i wish i could wear the male's uniform, so much better than ours.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 09:06 AM
its weird seeing my workmates out of uniform. i wish i could wear the male's uniform, so much better than ours.

Do you have to wear a skirt? It would suck to have to wear a skirt to work. I have the best uniform in the world (for lazy me)
navy blue scrubs, like a t shirt and pants, softest thing in the world, you can sleep in them they are so comfy =)
And I have about a million canteen bandannas for work because I get bored of wearing the same colours :)

It's funny though, of the people I have seen in their own clothes, most of them look so much younger in scrubs!
And the hats hide a lot of greys and bald spots. :facepalm:

_Ed_
26-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I had a farty chair when I was in that presentation earlier today. I would shuffle in my seat just a little bit, and...oops. People sitting on either side of me looked at me accusingly. :LOL:

I've got one live cross tonight, and it's more than a minute long! The guy better not talk too fast.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I had a farty chair when I was in that presentation earlier today. I would shuffle in my seat just a little bit, and...oops. People sitting on either side of me looked at me accusingly. :LOL:

I've got one live cross tonight, and it's more than a minute long! The guy better not talk too fast.

LOL you lie, it was totally your ass!

I'm going to go watch!:D

JoBear
26-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Do you have to wear a skirt? It would suck to have to wear a skirt to work. I have the best uniform in the world (for lazy me)
navy blue scrubs, like a t shirt and pants, softest thing in the world, you can sleep in them they are so comfy =)
And I have about a million canteen bandannas for work because I get bored of wearing the same colours :)

It's funny though, of the people I have seen in their own clothes, most of them look so much younger in scrubs!
And the hats hide a lot of greys and bald spots. :facepalm:
we do have skirts but we also now have pants. this is a fairly new thing though, think less than 5 years ago women in the company weren't allowed to wear pants. i had the best pair of pants but they wore out so quickly and then they changed the design and they're just awful. then they also changed the skirts to highwaisted pencil or a-line skirts and they basically sit under my tits. :noey: and the pajama shirts...

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v368/88/10/696162781/n696162781_1571304_2437.jpg

excusing the fact i look like 12 years old there. the shirts are so loose fitting as well, you might as well not have tits.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 09:22 AM
we do have skirts but we also now have pants. this is a fairly new thing though, think less than 5 years ago women in the company weren't allowed to wear pants. i had the best pair of pants but they wore out so quickly and then they changed the design and they're just awful. then they also changed the skirts to highwaisted pencil or a-line skirts and they basically sit under my tits. :noey: and the pajama shirts...

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v368/88/10/696162781/n696162781_1571304_2437.jpg

excusing the fact i look like 12 years old there. the shirts are so loose fitting as well, you might as well not have tits.

Heee heee, that shirt is almost exactly the same as my old school summer uniform in England. :LOL:

Sometimes my climbing shoes fart. Loudly. :stunned:

JoBear
26-11-2009, 09:23 AM
the new pajama shirt has a green stripe in it now, so looks like that multi coloured toothpaste you can get.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 09:35 AM
the new pajama shirt has a green stripe in it now, so looks like that multi coloured toothpaste you can get.

ooooh, fresh! Ours are good because they pretty much look good on everyone, and they hide any spills. I'd be screwed if we had to wear a light colour, I'm such a messy thing!

lensip max
26-11-2009, 10:14 AM
i've made chicken stuffed with mushroom and basil...hoping it actually tastes okay as it looks like slugs currently.That certainly sounds really yum... hope it was!

We had a mushroom and garlic omelette with baked potatoes and broccoli. The neighbours gave us shit tonnes of eggs the other day because they want pot.

Lenny your floors sound friggen awesome! We have a table like that, it's goooooorgeous.

I have my work Christmas do tomorrow, and I so can't be bothered! But it will be nice to see what my workmates look like when they aren't wearing pyjamas, and have hair.;)It certainly sounds gorgeous!

And yeah, they were one of the reasons we bought the house :chuckle: We used to have rimu ones, when we lived in Wellington. Damn that house was rad... filled up with our ghosts though, so we sold.

You have your christmas do in November? :LOL: figures.

Hmm. I wish I could sleep. I'm just really really really not wanting to take zopiclone ever again so I've been staying awake night after night after night :facepalm:

Tacticalkat
26-11-2009, 10:19 AM
That certainly sounds really yum... hope it was!

We had a mushroom and garlic omelette with baked potatoes and broccoli. The neighbours gave us shit tonnes of eggs the other day because they want pot.

It certainly sounds gorgeous!

And yeah, they were one of the reasons we bought the house :chuckle: We used to have rimu ones, when we lived in Wellington. Damn that house was rad... filled up with our ghosts though, so we sold.

You have your christmas do in November? :LOL: figures.

Hmm. I wish I could sleep. I'm just really really really not wanting to take zopiclone ever again so I've been staying awake night after night after night :facepalm:

Filled up with your ghosts? Like metaphorical ghosts? Or your ghosts actually moved in and you left them behind?

Yeah our work do is always in November, it feels far too early for me, but the people who booked their leave a million years ago start going away, and people start gearing up for the shut down of theatres so it starts getting too hard to get everyone together.

Not being able to sleep sucks big time, hope you can find a way to manage with out your drugs!
I had sleeping problems for years, it's the pits.

JoBear
26-11-2009, 10:24 AM
yeah despite not being aesthetically pleasing it was delicious. served it with steamed broccolli, new potatoes and sliced up orange pepper.

lensip max
26-11-2009, 11:36 AM
I love the broccoli is so cheap atm. And asparagus <3

Filled up with your ghosts? Like metaphorical ghosts? Or your ghosts actually moved in and you left them behind?

Yeah our work do is always in November, it feels far too early for me, but the people who booked their leave a million years ago start going away, and people start gearing up for the shut down of theatres so it starts getting too hard to get everyone together.

Not being able to sleep sucks big time, hope you can find a way to manage with out your drugs!
I had sleeping problems for years, it's the pits.I'm gonna say... both things happened :yesey:

Ah I see. Makes sense. I guess. Kirks open their christmas shop in October, so it's not like it's that premature. I guess...

Thanks. Yeah I'm hoping it just goes away one day. Two of my friends have had shocking sleep issues in the past and they came right as well.

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 09:42 AM
This thread is dangerously close to dropping off the front page. We can't have that.

What's everyone up to tonight?

Super Sammy!
27-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Muse on MTV :awesome:

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Sweet!

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of the "OHHHHH" in the last chorus of Undisclosed Desires live though. Surely Chris can do that. Come on, man.

darkshineskitty
27-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks. Yeah I'm hoping it just goes away one day. Two of my friends have had shocking sleep issues in the past and they came right as well.

There was a story in the Canvas last week about sleeping problems which you could have a read of if you can get a hold of a copy.

Is it like a marathon or something? I heard them talking on the radio about MTV right after playing Uprising the other week but I turned the radio off accidentally and then I forgot to check to the website to see if it was Muse related.
Also if anyone else gets UKTV Muse are on the next show of Friday Night with Jonathan Ross :happy:.

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Also if anyone else gets UKTV Muse are on the next show of Friday Night with Jonathan Ross :happy:.
Awesome, thanks. :)

They're showing Muse's gig at Walter Kerr Theatre in New York on MTV at the moment...but they've completely rearranged the order of their songs for no apparent reason. Not complaining though.

darkshineskitty
27-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Awesome, thanks. :)

They're showing Muse's gig at Walter Kerr Theatre in New York on MTV at the moment...but they've completely rearranged the order of their songs for no apparent reason. Not complaining though.

Oh true. I don't think I can be bothered going downstairs to watch it though. Going to go on Facebook instead :LOL:

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Fair enough. It's just finished anyway...15 minutes ahead of schedule.

darkshineskitty
27-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Fair enough. It's just finished anyway...15 minutes ahead of schedule.

Well that solved that problem then :LOL: As much as I love Bells and the crew, I'm too comfy here to get up. Except maybe for icecream :shifty:

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 11:22 AM
I think I'm going to watch Glee. If TV3 On Demand is in a cooperating mood, that is.

darkshineskitty
27-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I think I'm going to watch Glee. If TV3 On Demand is in a cooperating mood, that is.

Heehee I watched it today :happy: It's a good show, I like it. Okay running out of battery. Night!

lensip max
27-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I watched that :awesome: :LOL:

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 11:31 AM
It's a guilty pleasure. Night Kitty!

Tacticalkat
27-11-2009, 11:53 AM

I still need to look that up!

How's everyone? I just got home from our christmas work do. I thought it would go all night but at midnight everyone disappeared and there were only a couple of us left on the dance floor!

Lame!

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 11:57 AM
That sounds like a letdown!

I'm ok thanks. Just having a quiet night in tonight...being an Uprising teddy tomorrow. :LOL: How are you apart from the disappointing do?

Tacticalkat
27-11-2009, 12:00 PM
That sounds like a letdown!

I'm ok thanks. Just having a quiet night in tonight...being an Uprising teddy tomorrow. :LOL: How are you apart from the disappointing do?

Yay! An uprising teddy! I DEMAND pictures!!! You will be awesome!

The do was good fun, I think a lot of the Doc's peaked early, there were a lot of rather smashed ones early on. The anaesthetic rock band played, and they were wicked! And only one lady tried to take off her knickers to throw at them.

Ohhh I forgot to say I was impressed by your live captioning last night, they talk so fast I have no idea how you do it!

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh, thanks. :) It's just lots of practice.

There will be pictures. :yesey: The costume doesn't look much like the music video though. The colour is completely wrong. Oh well!

Tacticalkat
27-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Still, I was impressed.

:)

Yay, pictures! I can't wait!
I'm hopefully going climbing tomorrow, after more than a week I am desperate to go!!!! And then have my friend's leaving do in the afternoon.

Is your party at someone's house or do you have to go out in public as a teddy?

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Sweet, I hope you have fun! They said it's gonna rain late tomorrow...hope it waits til after your climbing!

The party's at my friend's place. It's safe to say I'll be driving rather than taking a bus. :LOL: Means I can't drink much, but it's a sacrifice worth making.

Tacticalkat
27-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Sweet, I hope you have fun! They said it's gonna rain late tomorrow...hope it waits til after your climbing!

The party's at my friend's place. It's safe to say I'll be driving rather than taking a bus. :LOL: Means I can't drink much, but it's a sacrifice worth making.

Indoor climbing this time :D So the weather is irrelevent! :)

I need to go I am craving it!!!!

Good move on the driving, might get some funny looks on the bus.

_Ed_
27-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Bed now for me. Hope you have an awesome time tomorrow.

Night!

Tacticalkat
27-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Bed now for me. Hope you have an awesome time tomorrow.

Night!

Same, you too, night!

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Grey Lynn festival today, I suppose none of the other Aucklanders went? I saw a girl who I thought was Jo at first until I realised she doesn't live in Auckland :facepalm: :LOL:

JoBear
28-11-2009, 08:39 AM
haha sometimes i think i see myself around. one time i was at mcdonalds and this little redheaded girl was staring at me and looked so much like me, her grandmother turned to me and went "sure she isn't yours?" :stunned:

i can hear christmas in the park. :mad: its not even december.

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 08:52 AM

I don't know why they do that. The point is to get you into the Christmas spirit! I can't do that when its still November.

Tacticalkat
28-11-2009, 11:17 AM
haha sometimes i think i see myself around. one time i was at mcdonalds and this little redheaded girl was staring at me and looked so much like me, her grandmother turned to me and went "sure she isn't yours?" :stunned:

You have your Christmas in the Park in November???
Ours is on the 12th Dec, which I think is a good time, a couple of weeks before. Me and my friends go every year and take a picnic, get drunk and annoy everyone with our loud off key singing. :D

But now is far too early!

Grey Lynn festival today, I suppose none of the other Aucklanders went? I saw a girl who I thought was Jo at first until I realised she doesn't live in Auckland :facepalm: :LOL:

No, I didn't know it was on, but that explains a lot of the traffic around all over the place.
I went climbing, which was aweesooomme, and then my big brother came over and we played rock band and ordered pizza, it was great. :)

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 11:19 AM
No, I didn't know it was on, but that explains a lot of the traffic around all over the place.
I went climbing, which was aweesooomme, and then my big brother came over and we played rock band and ordered pizza, it was great. :)

Mmm Rock Band. I mean, mmm pizza :LOL:
Yeah it was pretty good, rained a bit though. The best part is all the delicious yummy food :happy:

Tacticalkat
28-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Hahah that's right, you're a bit of a RB fiend too aren't you? ;)

What actually is the Grey Lynn festival?

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Hahah that's right, you're a bit of a RB fiend too aren't you? ;)

What actually is the Grey Lynn festival?

Oh I wouldn't say that :$

I would say 'pro' :phu:

It's basically what it says :erm: Its like a a huge market covering one and a half fields, and a stage with music, and people from the gypsy fair, and Greenpeace people, and entertainers. All sorts of fun stuff :happy:

Tacticalkat
28-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh I wouldn't say that :$

I would say 'pro' :phu:

It's basically what it says :erm: Its like a a huge market covering one and a half fields, and a stage with music, and people from the gypsy fair, and Greenpeace people, and entertainers. All sorts of fun stuff :happy:

LOL, I guess that would make me a Pro-Fiend then!!! :awesome:

The festival sounds fun, and I've heard of it before, I just wondered if they did it for an anniversary of something?

I love the Kumeu show, even though I'm not a farm type person, but that place is awesome! Wood chopping and giant pumpkins the size of cars, and rides!!
Ohhh and they had llamas last time too. :D

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 11:32 AM
LOL, I guess that would make me a Pro-Fiend then!!! :awesome:

The festival sounds fun, and I've heard of it before, I just wondered if they did it for an anniversary of something?

I love the Kumeu show, even though I'm not a farm type person, but that place is awesome! Wood chopping and giant pumpkins the size of cars, and rides!!
Ohhh and they had llamas last time too. :D

I think it's just something that got started and now they do it every year.

Haha that's a bit more rural than this :LOL:

Tacticalkat
28-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Hahah yeah I figured, but it cracks me up! Probably because I have only ever seen that kind of stuff at the show, and there's loads of fun markets there too.

There was a load of Santa parades on all over Auckland today too, WTF? The start of December is well early enough, get it OUT of November!!

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Hahah yeah I figured, but it cracks me up! Probably because I have only ever seen that kind of stuff at the show, and there's loads of fun markets there too.

There was a load of Santa parades on all over Auckland today too, WTF? The start of December is well early enough, get it OUT of November!!

Yeah and there were heaps of markets too. Everything seemed to be happening today! Christmas events should be reserved for December alone.

Tacticalkat
28-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah that's what I think. I keep hearing the radio host's arguing in the mornings over whether they should play any Christmas music yet, um, the answer is NO.
I love Christmas, but I bury my head in the sand and ignore everything to do with it til about a week before, and then I can enjoy it!

What are you doing with yourself for the rest of the weekend?

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah that's what I think. I keep hearing the radio host's arguing in the mornings over whether they should play any Christmas music yet, um, the answer is NO.
I love Christmas, but I bury my head in the sand and ignore everything to do with it til about a week before, and then I can enjoy it!

What are you doing with yourself for the rest of the weekend?

Not sure yet, there's only Sunday left isn't there? I'm on holidays atm so weekends aren't really a departure from the norm :LOL:
What about you? :happy:

Tacticalkat
28-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Hahah you're right, there is only Sunday. :(

I have nothing planned for through the day, which I am extremely pleased about, I desperately need a sleep in!
Then climbing in the evening. :)

I wonder how Rich's teddy costume is getting on? :happy:

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Hahah you're right, there is only Sunday. :(

I have nothing planned for through the day, which I am extremely pleased about, I desperately need a sleep in!
Then climbing in the evening. :)

I wonder how Rich's teddy costume is getting on? :happy:

Probably a smash hit I bet :LOL:
We better see pictures :mad:

_Ed_
28-11-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm relying on other people to put pictures on Facebook. But I'm sure they will, and I'll post them here when that happens.

It was SOO HOT in that thing! Absolute agony. Really cool night though - we want on a Party Bus and went around to heaps of places around Auckland. Some really random spots, like Drury and Albany. :erm:

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 01:11 PM
lol Drury

_Ed_
28-11-2009, 01:21 PM
The locals were quite flabbergasted when about 30 of us suddenly charged into their bar in outrageous costumes. :LOL:

I suppose I should go to bed...have to be up by 9. :( Night!

darkshineskitty
28-11-2009, 01:23 PM
The locals were quite flabbergasted when about 30 of us suddenly charged into their bar in outrageous costumes. :LOL:

I suppose I should go to bed...have to be up by 9. :( Night!

Haha you city folk bringing your confusing and camp ways :LOL:

Ohh not cool! Night :happy:

Tacticalkat
28-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm relying on other people to put pictures on Facebook. But I'm sure they will, and I'll post them here when that happens.

It was SOO HOT in that thing! Absolute agony. Really cool night though - we want on a Party Bus and went around to heaps of places around Auckland. Some really random spots, like Drury and Albany. :erm:

Bahahhahahah that's awesome!

I love that you put Albany as one of the random spots!!!! :)

_Ed_
28-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Haha, well I hadn't thought of it as a nightlife hot spot.

JoBear
28-11-2009, 11:05 PM
morning all!

_Ed_
28-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Hello hello. How are you?

JoBear
28-11-2009, 11:16 PM
i'm good, went to the gym for half an hour and now just wasting the rest of the day until pearl jam. really hoping it won't be too cold, although if it is i'll probably just come home since i didn't pay for the tickets. how are you?

Tacticalkat
28-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Haha, well I hadn't thought of it as a nightlife hot spot.

Oh yes, it's quite the up and coming area. :D

Though the only times I have been it was full of teenagers.

I've never been on a party bus! They were all the rage in high school for people's parties and I always wanted to go on one. Was it the coolest thing ever?

i'm good, went to the gym for half an hour and now just wasting the rest of the day until pearl jam. really hoping it won't be too cold, although if it is i'll probably just come home since i didn't pay for the tickets. how are you?

Hello! Ooh you are good going to the gym in the morning! I can never motivate myself to get up and go, but I love afternoon exercise.

All my friends who have seen Pearl Jam have said they were incredible, so you should be in for a good night!

_Ed_
28-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Gym on a Sunday morning is really impressive! Hope Pearl Jam's good.

I'm pretty good thanks. Tired though. I don't think I got to sleep til after 4 last night.

I've never been on a party bus! They were all the rage in high school for people's parties and I always wanted to go on one. Was it the coolest thing ever?
It was exceptionally cool. Would have been better if I wasn't driving though - the whole drinking on a bus experience looked pretty awesome. And I was far too hot in that damn teddy costume. :LOL:

Michelle
28-11-2009, 11:55 PM

:LOL::LOL:

I had a good time at Tawh. It was so beautiful there on Friday, sunny, light breeze and clear water. The dotterels are awesome and cute. They run away from there nests to lead you away from them, make cute noises and they can put their wings down to make it look like they're hurt which would be concerning if you didn't know that's what they do. One pair got really close to try get us away. Saw one lot of chicks, but only from a distance as they were running around near the sand dunes, so cute and fuzzy though :happy:

I thought it was very weird how the santa parades are on today. My friend told me last night as we are now going to watch the one in town before her belated b-day dinner and movie night. I found an awesome bigish shell for her b-day present at a remote beach I went to which was good as I have no idea what else I could have gotten.

JoBear
29-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh yes, it's quite the up and coming area. :D

Though the only times I have been it was full of teenagers.

Hello! Ooh you are good going to the gym in the morning! I can never motivate myself to get up and go, but I love afternoon exercise.

All my friends who have seen Pearl Jam have said they were incredible, so you should be in for a good night!
i quite often went to a swiss ball class at half 8 on a saturday but i miss my sleep ins so i think going to the gym a bit later on is a much better idea. :yesey:

now i'm waiting for oren to make me lunch...

_Ed_
29-11-2009, 03:30 AM
The order of stories on tonight's news is annoying me again. Why is four Americans dying in a plane crash more important than at least 37 Bangladeshis dying in a ferry accident?

And I think Guyon's being a bit of an attention-seeker - four live crosses tonight! Now honestly.

I agree with you about the Santa parade, Michelle. It's still bloody November.

Tacticalkat
29-11-2009, 04:08 AM
November is NOT time to dress up and play at Christmas! Man is the whole of December not enough??

Four live crosses, does that mean lots of frantic typing for you then?

_Ed_
29-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Two of us do the 6pm news, and neither of us is keen to do the first half with all those live bits, so a coin toss will take place soon.

What is John Key going on about here?
Reporter: John Key admits he's being lobbied (to attend the climate change meeting in Copenhagen).
John: One or two people have said they'd like to see me there.
Reporter: Who were they?
John: Oh, I'd rather keep that among the girls.
:wtf:

kinopus
29-11-2009, 04:27 AM
Two of us do the 6pm news, and neither of us is keen to do the first half with all those live bits, so a coin toss will take place soon.

god he wishes. :LOL:

_Ed_
29-11-2009, 04:28 AM
Haha, good call.

_Ed_
29-11-2009, 04:41 AM
I lost the coin toss. :(

Michelle
29-11-2009, 08:06 AM

John: Oh, I'd rather keep that among the girls.

Bahaha, what a douche.

Aww :(

The santa parade wasn't anything special, didn't really put me in the xmas mood :erm:

Tacticalkat
29-11-2009, 09:16 AM

He is an idiot.

Better warm those fingers up!!

Bahaha, what a douche.

Aww :(

The santa parade wasn't anything special, didn't really put me in the xmas mood :erm:

They never are!
Your pics from your trip are fab, I never knew they did such tihngs to protect their nests, that's really cute!

I've managed to rip open all my fingers again at climbing tonight, ouchies.

_Ed_
29-11-2009, 09:16 AM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/329/a/6/Twilight_Moms_by_InLoveWitEdwardC.jpg

Ouch! :(

Tacticalkat
29-11-2009, 09:18 AM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/329/a/6/Twilight_Moms_by_InLoveWitEdwardC.jpg

Ouch! :(

LOL! So true!

It was totally worth it, it was so much fun!
You getting ready for your live stuff?

_Ed_
29-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I was on the 6pm news tonight, so it's all done. :) Wasn't too bad.

Back home and really bored now. Nothing on TV on Sunday nights!

Tacticalkat
29-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Oh I missed it!
You know I rely on you guys to keep me well informed with the goings on in the world. :)

Here's a funny story, last night while playing rock band with my big brother, we played hysteria, and the events that happened made me think of that thread on this board.

"you know you're addicted to muse when: While playing hysteria on rock band, your borther dives to the floor with the guitar over his head, your Mum is singing at the top of her lungs and your Dad jumps up and does the TIRO shuffle dance from Glastonbury........ :D:awesome::facepalm:

_Ed_
29-11-2009, 09:30 AM
BRILLIANT. :awesome:

Tacticalkat
29-11-2009, 09:36 AM
It was so much win!
I can't believe I converted my entire family, without even trying. :dance:

lensip max
29-11-2009, 09:38 AM
The order of stories on tonight's news is annoying me again. Why is four Americans dying in a plane crash more important than at least 37 Bangladeshis dying in a ferry accident?Bangladesh shares a border with Pakistan from which spring terrorists, obviously.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/329/a/6/Twilight_Moms_by_InLoveWitEdwardC.jpg:LOL:

Urgh, have to get up at 6 to pick up my Aunty in wellington at 9.30. DO NOT WANT. I'm usually still awake then :facepalm:

Michelle
29-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Your pics from your trip are fab, I never knew they did such tihngs to protect their nests, that's really cute!

Yeah, they are quite fascinating to watch and make such cute noises.

Ouch!

:LOL: :facepalm:

Here's a funny story, last night while playing rock band with my big brother, we played hysteria, and the events that happened made me think of that thread on this board.

"you know you're addicted to muse when: While playing hysteria on rock band, your borther dives to the floor with the guitar over his head, your Mum is singing at the top of her lungs and your Dad jumps up and does the TIRO shuffle dance from Glastonbury........ :D:awesome::facepalm:

Haha, excellent!

darkshineskitty
29-11-2009, 10:28 AM

So true, and going in the Random Picture Thread :LOL:

_Ed_
30-11-2009, 12:17 AM
45 minutes til dentist appointment. :(

darkshineskitty
30-11-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm watching 60 Minutes about the Auckland supercity and I had to laugh when they said that the future Mayor would be 'one Mayor to rule them all' :LOL:

_Ed_
30-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Haha, nice.

There were some really bad puns on the news last night in a story about pandas. "Too much to bear" and "panda to their needs", for example.

_Ed_
30-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Heat + humidity = no sleep

Tacticalkat
30-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Heat + humidity = no sleep

+ Migraine = fail!

I hope this afternoon is an easy shift, I feel crappy!

_Ed_
30-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Ugh, migraines are awful. Hope it clears soon.

Tacticalkat
01-12-2009, 02:34 AM
Our department has just announced it's last social bash for the year, dinner and drinks at, guess where? The Mexican cafe!

_Ed_
01-12-2009, 03:17 AM

That reminds me...we should arrange our next get-together sometime. When's everyone free? Shadows is open Wednesday to Friday at the moment. I work Thursdays but free most of the time on the other two days.

Tacticalkat
01-12-2009, 05:07 AM

That reminds me...we should arrange our next get-together sometime. When's everyone free? Shadows is open Wednesday to Friday at the moment. I work Thursdays but free most of the time on the other two days.

Yes!!!! I am SO keen!
I think I'm on a late on Friday next week, but I don't finish late-late. But can probably go whenever as long as we aren't out allll night! ;)
When's good for everyone else?

_Ed_
01-12-2009, 05:11 AM
Yeah Friday next week's probably not so good for me either - just found out my work's Christmas party is that night. Any other Wednesday or Friday should be fine for me. :)

Tacticalkat
01-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Yeah Friday next week's probably not so good for me either - just found out my work's Christmas party is that night. Any other Wednesday or Friday should be fine for me. :)

No worries. We can all just crash your work party then. Heh, heh, heh. :D

Oh my god. Just had the most random bizarre case... a lady jumped over a fence and there was a stick on the other side and she landed on it and it went..... up thereeeee....and they thought it was going to be real bad but ended up just being brusied and needing some stitches.
But seriously, how does that happen? The pain!!!!

_Ed_
01-12-2009, 05:21 AM
:stunned:
Wow. Awful!

Michelle
01-12-2009, 05:27 AM
+ Migraine = fail!

I hope this afternoon is an easy shift, I feel crappy!

I've had a headahce this afternoon, I just slept it off but there is possibility of a come back.

Hopefully my new batches of maple walnut and goody goody gum drops icecream will be ready tonight :awesome:

Our department has just announced it's last social bash for the year, dinner and drinks at, guess where? The Mexican cafe!

:awesome: I am so going back there when I get the chance.

I might be at Tawh again Thursday to weekend. I'm not sure if this is going to be a regular pattern as it may be better for me to go up and check the birds when others aren't there. So I'll keep you guys posted on when I can go :)

Michelle
01-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Oh my god. Just had the most random bizarre case... a lady jumped over a fence and there was a stick on the other side and she landed on it and it went..... up thereeeee....and they thought it was going to be real bad but ended up just being brusied and needing some stitches.
But seriously, how does that happen? The pain!!!!

:stunned: Ow. I guess that would have been better than the stick making its own whole somewhere else, like through her leg or something :erm:

JoBear
01-12-2009, 06:05 AM
ewww a kid did that at the high school by my old work, jumped into some bushes and there was a stake in there that went through his thigh. the thought of any kind of impalement is pretty awful.

darkshineskitty
01-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Kind of a random change of subject but I just saw this ad and had to share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzAXF6UfaA

It's so hilariously disturbing. Here's what the website (Cracked.com) had to say:

The Marketing Meeting:
"So, Mr... Lu-ci-fer, is it?"
"Just call me Your Dark Lord."
"Well, your credentials are amazing, and we would love to have you on board."
"Glad to hear it. What will I be working on first?"
"You know, we have this one account which I think you would be perfect for."

What the Fuck?
We are not entirely sure, but there is a possibility we just lost our immortal souls after watching this ad, though with us making a living off perverting young and promising minds on the Internet with dick jokes, it's really hard to tell.
The unholy commercial opens with a little girl turning the switch on her Baby Damns-You-Lot doll, unleashing a stream of rapid demonic laughter which fills the house. If you started to experience a burning sensation in your chest area, there is no need to panic, you are not having a heart attack. It's just your soul being consumed by the black flames of Hell.
The siren call of the Legions of the Damned penetrates the minds of children nearby, making them gather around their new plastic master, their innocent yet undoubtedly condemned laugh mixing with the demonic cackle, ready to take orders.
And then, the narrator decides to join in on the psychological damage. In a manner which can be very generously described as "troubling," the voice-over guy starts talking about the product, pausing only for outbursts of increasingly more maniacal laughter which, no matter how you cut it, still sounds like a desperate plea for help. Almost as if the doll was watching him.
If you want to see that clip again, no need to click above. You'll see it every time you close your eyes.

Oh man how I laughed :LOL::LOL:

_Ed_
01-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Here's what the website (Cracked.com) had to say:

The Marketing Meeting:

What the Fuck?
We are not entirely sure, but there is a possibility we just lost our immortal souls after watching this ad, though with us making a living off perverting young and promising minds on the Internet with dick jokes, it's really hard to tell.
The unholy commercial opens with a little girl turning the switch on her Baby Damns-You-Lot doll, unleashing a stream of rapid demonic laughter which fills the house. If you started to experience a burning sensation in your chest area, there is no need to panic, you are not having a heart attack. It's just your soul being consumed by the black flames of Hell.
The siren call of the Legions of the Damned penetrates the minds of children nearby, making them gather around their new plastic master, their innocent yet undoubtedly condemned laugh mixing with the demonic cackle, ready to take orders.
And then, the narrator decides to join in on the psychological damage. In a manner which can be very generously described as "troubling," the voice-over guy starts talking about the product, pausing only for outbursts of increasingly more maniacal laughter which, no matter how you cut it, still sounds like a desperate plea for help. Almost as if the doll was watching him.
If you want to see that clip again, no need to click above. You'll see it every time you close your eyes.

I can't watch the clip until I get home from work, but that sounds hilarious. :LOL:

darkshineskitty
01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
I can't watch the clip until I get home from work, but that sounds hilarious. :LOL:

Oh just you wait. It's beyond hilarious :LOL:

Tacticalkat
01-12-2009, 08:53 AM
I've had a headahce this afternoon, I just slept it off but there is possibility of a come back.

Hopefully my new batches of maple walnut and goody goody gum drops icecream will be ready tonight :awesome:

:awesome: I am so going back there when I get the chance.

I might be at Tawh again Thursday to weekend. I'm not sure if this is going to be a regular pattern as it may be better for me to go up and check the birds when others aren't there. So I'll keep you guys posted on when I can go :)

Yeah I usually have to sleep mine off too, but this one just keeps coming back for more!

I am inviting myself over to your house for ice cream. Mmmmmmmmmmm it sounds like the best! :D

yay you get to go back to Tawhers. You have to take loads of pics! They are cute, and birds scare the crap out of me, so I like thinking they are cute instead.
Don't know about that Oyster Catcher though....

Kind of a random change of subject but I just saw this ad and had to share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzAXF6UfaA

It's so hilariously disturbing. Here's what the website (Cracked.com) had to say:

The Marketing Meeting:

What the Fuck?

That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen in my life. I am going to have nightmares.

Ugh I just got home, and man I forget how air conditioned work is until I walk out into nights like this.

_Ed_
01-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Ugh I just got home, and man I forget how air conditioned work is until I walk out into nights like this.
It's crazy out there, isn't it? I walked up to Ponsonby to move my car just before - ugh.

Tacticalkat
01-12-2009, 08:57 AM
It's so sticky! Ewwwww!
I nice cold Margarita would go down a treat right about now. Too bad I don't have any.
And I just looked in the freezer and there is nothing cold and deliclious for me! :(

_Ed_
01-12-2009, 08:58 AM
A margarita would be fabulous.

I think there's a beer in the fridge for me...although come to think of it maybe I had the last one last night. :(

JoBear
01-12-2009, 08:59 AM
its freezing here. i warmed up in the gym and now i'm home and cold again. :(

Tacticalkat
01-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh that's dumb!
I am yet to find out what is actually in a margarita. And too lazy to google it.
I'm so not keen to go to the work do, but I do love that place!

JoBear
01-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Oh that's dumb!
I am yet to find out what is actually in a margarita. And too lazy to google it.
I'm so not keen to go to the work do, but I do love that place!
mostly tequilla!

Tacticalkat
01-12-2009, 09:13 AM
mostly tequilla!

Googled it. Ahhh so it is. I'm quite disappointed actually, I thought it was so much more exotic......

_Ed_
01-12-2009, 09:14 AM
They disguise it well though! I don't really like the taste of it, but I love margaritas.

I don't like to say that often though, in case people are mistaken into thinking I'm referring to the dodgy bar on Elliott St.

Tacticalkat
01-12-2009, 09:17 AM
They disguise it well though! I don't really like the taste of it, but I love margaritas.

I don't like to say that often though, in case people are mistaken into thinking I'm referring to the dodgy bar on Elliott St.

I don't mind tequila shots, but only because the lemon is nice!

HAHAHHAHA, I have never heard of this bar you are referring to....... :p

darkshineskitty
01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen in my life. I am going to have nightmares.

I laughed so much, I was tearing up :LOL:

_Ed_
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Haha, I love laughs like that. They really make your day.