PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 01:35 AM
That's brilliant!

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks! The whole lot was a lot of work, but I had great fun splashing fake blood over everything!
I'm just SO glad I didn't put it on my face in the end because it has stained all my arms and chest and neck!! I've scrubbed it and scrubbed it but it's stained!! :eek:

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Ooh, that is lucky. Would have got some funny looks from people if you were walking around with blood stains on your face. Not ideal.

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Especially at work!! "uh, that last case went really badly.." BLOOD SPATTER.

And have just discovered it's also all over my white bathroom. :eek:

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Especially at work!! "uh, that last case went really badly.." BLOOD SPATTER.
Very good point! Unnerving for other patients.

And have just discovered it's also all over my white bathroom. :eek:
:stunned:
You might not want to let any guests in your house use that bathroom.

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Very good point! Unnerving for other patients.

You might not want to let any guests in your house use that bathroom.

It's even on the ceiling. How the .....?

I'm off to try and clean it off!! Hopefully it comes off walls easier than it does skin!

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 01:54 AM
:LOL:
I don't know what I'd think if I went into someone's bathroom and saw blood stains on the ceiling. Disgusted, naturally, but also possibly a bit intrigued.

darkshineskitty
01-11-2009, 02:38 AM
the fine and demerit points for breaching your licence are nothing in the scheme of things, its having an accident and not having insurance and owing an insurance company $20000.

really gotta finish my stupid assignment today.

Yeah but I still don't want to pay a $400 fine for driving past 10pm (stupid rule btw), let alone an additional fine for carrying a passenger. I texted the friend today to see if he got to uni okay and said sorry for changing plans on him, and he said he got there fine and it was sweet, he had a good time at the party anyway. That's good enough for me. Which I know sounds kind of mean but I just can't be bothered being all 'im sorry blah blah blah'.

Hope you manage to get through the assignment! I should be studying as we speak.

Hahha yeah masks are terrible! My brother wore a beast's head. It was all paper mache amazing detail, and it lasted about five minutes because he couldn't breathe or see in it :LOL:
I got a whole head wolf mask and stuffed it with material and plonked it in the basket with a tea towel round it so it looked like it had been chopped off .

That is an awesome costume Kat! I really like it :)
Btw I was thinking about BDO stuff the other day and thought maybe we could write MOA on our upper arms and draw a little kiwi on with a vivid or something. The only problem then is that it might rub off and smudge after going through the misting tent, and you might get a suntan in the shape of the letters :LOL:

It's even on the ceiling. How the .....?

I'm off to try and clean it off!! Hopefully it comes off walls easier than it does skin!

Good luck!

Speaking of fines, I managed to get off that $200 one for not having a rego :awesome: We wrote in saying that the car was just about to have the ownership changed (which is true because it was changed to be under my name) and claiming "financial hardship" and they let us off! Which is a surprise, because my dad has written in for pretty much every fine he's ever gotten, so his name is like blacklisted with with Fines and Collections place :LOL:

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Speaking of fines, I managed to get off that $200 one for not having a rego :awesome: We wrote in saying that the car was just about to have the ownership changed (which is true because it was changed to be under my name) and claiming "financial hardship" and they let us off! Which is a surprise, because my dad has written in for pretty much every fine he's ever gotten, so his name is like blacklisted with with Fines and Collections place :LOL:
Nicely done!

I like your MOA idea, but the rubbing off issue is a very valid one - especially since I plan to go through the misting tent on more than one occasion.

I'm thinking I could have some Moa beer a day or so before the BDO and take off the label and attach it to myself in some way for the BDO...yeah, that's just an excuse to have Moa beer.

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah but I still don't want to pay a $400 fine for driving past 10pm (stupid rule btw), let alone an additional fine for carrying a passenger. I texted the friend today to see if he got to uni okay and said sorry for changing plans on him, and he said he got there fine and it was sweet, he had a good time at the party anyway. That's good enough for me. Which I know sounds kind of mean but I just can't be bothered being all 'im sorry blah blah blah'.
I don't think that's mean, and I don't think you really had anything to apologise for.

JoBear
01-11-2009, 03:21 AM
i really wanna go visit the moa brewery in blenheim. hoping to get up that way during summer if i can, take off a week sometime in february.

gave up on the assignment, got about 4 questions to do...not due till the 11th.

now waiting for dinner to be cooked...hungry now. impatient.

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 03:30 AM
I'm hungry too.

Why do I always get cooking shows to do at work when I'm hungry? It's cruel.

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 05:51 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/creepy.png

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 07:27 AM
I don't know what I'd think if I went into someone's bathroom and saw blood stains on the ceiling. Disgusted, naturally, but also possibly a bit intrigued.

Bahahaha true! Just when I thought I'd got it all I opened the cupboard to find it on the inside of the doors!!
Think it's all gone now though!

Nicely done!

I like your MOA idea, but the rubbing off issue is a very valid one - especially since I plan to go through the misting tent on more than one occasion.

I'm thinking I could have some Moa beer a day or so before the BDO and take off the label and attach it to myself in some way for the BDO...yeah, that's just an excuse to have Moa beer.

Misting tent???
What is this 'misting tent' you speak of?

Awwwwww :)

Maybe we should all dress up as actual moas, feathers and all, then we'd be easy to
spot :D

Man I have my exam tomorrow. So unprepared for it too, I just want to pass and get it out of the way!

JoBear
01-11-2009, 07:40 AM
the misting tent is exactly what it sounds like, its a tunnel tent that mists water all over you. great when its hot, especially after getting out of the boiler room.

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Misting tent???
It's a tunnel thing with lots sprinkler-type things going. So refreshing. :happy:

Maybe we should all dress up as actual moas, feathers and all, then we'd be easy to
Now there's an idea.

Man I have my exam tomorrow. So unprepared for it too, I just want to pass and get it out of the way!
Ooh, good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm handing in my last essay at 3 tomorrow...and having a beer with my friend at 3:05. :D

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 07:43 AM
It's a tunnel thing with lots sprinkler-type things going. So refreshing. :happy:

Now there's an idea.

Ooh, good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm handing in my last essay at 3 tomorrow...and having a beer with my friend at 3:05. :D

Thanks for the luck:)
Oh I do remember that thing now! I didn't know that's what it was called!

OHH BEEER! That's what I should do after my exam finishes!!!
Good luck with your essay!

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 07:45 AM
OHH BEEER! That's what I should do after my exam finishes!!!
:yesey:
Is it a morning or afternoon exam?

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Morning, it finishes around 1130 ish.

Michelle
01-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Cool costumes guys. I spent my Halloween evening watching the golden compass.

Btw I was thinking about BDO stuff the other day and thought maybe we could write MOA on our upper arms and draw a little kiwi on with a vivid or something. The only problem then is that it might rub off and smudge after going through the misting tent, and you might get a suntan in the shape of the letters :LOL:

That would be cool, I wouldn't mind keeping the shape from suntan/burn though :LOL: It would be awesome to have a marker which we would be able to wash off with soap but it won't sweat off...

I've never been in the misting tent. Didn't want to get frizzy hair :$ But I'd get a bit of a misting just walking past.

That would be very convenient. A drink the night before and a simple sticker to slap on in the morning.

If only I had more emu feathers that could have worked :LOL:

Good luck for the exam!

I did some wandering around today and finally got to the esplanade which has all gardens and aviaires of birds. Including some natives like kea (so cute taking clumps of grass into these tunnels), kaka, brown teal and blue ducks. They had some impressive white peacocks too. The sulphur-crested cockatoos liked having a head scratch :happy:

Michelle
01-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Oh yeah, a funny thing happened in my friend's exam yesterday. During the beginning where all the rules and stuff are explained a phone rang and a guy stood up. An examiner said 'you get out' but the guy answered the phone said something like 'what, ok i'll be right there' and hung up. THEN he ripped his t-shirt off and was painted all blue with an S on his chest and back then ran out of the room :LOL: I would have loved to see that.

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Morning, it finishes around 1130 ish.
Nice. That leaves you the whole afternoon free! :D

Oh yeah, a funny thing happened in my friend's exam yesterday. During the beginning where all the rules and stuff are explained a phone rang and a guy stood up. An examiner said 'you get out' but the guy answered the phone said something like 'what, ok i'll be right there' and hung up. THEN he ripped his t-shirt off and was painted all blue with an S on his chest and back then ran out of the room :LOL: I would have loved to see that.
That is outstanding. Well done, that guy.

darkshineskitty
01-11-2009, 10:04 AM

Aw :supersad:

Bahahaha true! Just when I thought I'd got it all I opened the cupboard to find it on the inside of the doors!!
Think it's all gone now though!

Misting tent???

Maybe that's not fake blood after all :stunned:

The misting tent is an awesome installation at Big Day Out and a must to walk through during the day.

:LOL: whaaat? That is awesome, I would have cracked up and smiled all through the exam.

Michelle
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
:LOL: whaaat? That is awesome, I would have cracked up and smiled all through the exam.

Yeah it would have surely removed some of the exam jitters.

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 11:56 PM

Woah! That is truly awesome! Nothing like that happened in my exam, about the most exciting thing was when I thought my hand was falling off from cramp...

Stupid exams! But then, when I bussed home, the bus driver said it's now $12.40 from town, and the last time it was like $6 and I nearly died, but then he gave me a 2 hour pass that was only $5 and said it works out the same.
Awwww. So glad he did that, bus drivers I get are usually mean! :)

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 06:26 AM
$12.40? Blimey!

JoBear
02-11-2009, 06:31 AM
how was everyone's day?

mine started out awfully, my boss said i could drive to work and use his park. but he forgot i wanted to today and told my other workmate she could have it. so i get to work with my car and nowhere to park. luckily i found out there's a park that's $3 a day 10 minutes away but i have to get cash. so i go to the supermarket, then to the carpark and then basically have to run to get to work and am 5 minutes late. as soon as i walk in my boss tells me to go to other branch which is a couple minutes from where my car was!

and then i had to rush to my car after work with a very heavy thing i bought at lunch and got stuck in traffic. the reason i drove was to go to gym class, which i got to just after it started and there wasn't the normal woman taking it. this hardcore guy took it and i felt so sick with 10 minutes to go (not helped by forgetting my water bottle in my rush) that i just decided to leave before i threw up.

and i think my work isn't providing food at the run on wednesday. :mad: they provided a spit roast last year and it was amazing after 5km in the rain.

edit: however it was a nice sunny day and i had some yummy sushi with oren at lunchtime.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Sounds like a pretty rough day!

Mine was alright I guess. Good to have all my essays done now.

JoBear
02-11-2009, 07:23 AM
also luckily it was a pretty quiet day work wise, managed to get quite a bit of things done that i had been putting off for no reason other than that's what i do :awesome: finished another question on my assignment there too, just gotta write it up and there's only 2 more to do.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Sweet, sounds like you're on track with that. Are the questions hard?

JoBear
02-11-2009, 07:33 AM
some of them are. the ones to do with brokers are because we have absolutely no associations with brokers so i have no idea about the legislation around them. my only experience with brokers is they're always ripping off old people who've been with them for ages and think they're getting the best deal. one customer i saved him nearly a grand by switching him over.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Awesome. He must have been pretty happy to hear that news.

You should feel real proud when you do stuff like that, it makes a huge difference for people.

JoBear
02-11-2009, 07:39 AM
yeah i always enjoy doing that. there's a lot of people who stay with one insurer because their family has always been with them or they have some broker they trust and they just don't realise how high their premiums are. because i don't get commission i get to say to people "look this policy is shit, find another insurer." in fact i told some girl today that the policy we could offer isn't the best and she should shop around.

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 08:00 AM
$12.40? Blimey!

Shit I know, tell me about it!

How was Shadows, did you end up going?

how was everyone's day?

mine started out awfully, my boss said i could drive to work and use his park. but he forgot i wanted to today and told my other workmate she could have it. so i get to work with my car and nowhere to park. luckily i found out there's a park that's $3 a day 10 minutes away but i have to get cash. so i go to the supermarket, then to the carpark and then basically have to run to get to work and am 5 minutes late. as soon as i walk in my boss tells me to go to other branch which is a couple minutes from where my car was!

and then i had to rush to my car after work with a very heavy thing i bought at lunch and got stuck in traffic. the reason i drove was to go to gym class, which i got to just after it started and there wasn't the normal woman taking it. this hardcore guy took it and i felt so sick with 10 minutes to go (not helped by forgetting my water bottle in my rush) that i just decided to leave before i threw up.

and i think my work isn't providing food at the run on wednesday. :mad: they provided a spit roast last year and it was amazing after 5km in the rain.

edit: however it was a nice sunny day and i had some yummy sushi with oren at lunchtime.

Oh what a rough day! That's so much crap for one day! Man I hate exercise that makes you sick!
Lucky you found somewhere to park!

some of them are. the ones to do with brokers are because we have absolutely no associations with brokers so i have no idea about the legislation around them. my only experience with brokers is they're always ripping off old people who've been with them for ages and think they're getting the best deal. one customer i saved him nearly a grand by switching him over.

I actually don't know what a broker actually does. :$

I have just got back from a two hour driving session with my big brother. He races cars (on a track) so is trying to get me over my phobia by driving with me and teaching me how to actually use the car and not just panic.
He drove for the first hour, just did all these windy corners, not speeding or anything but just trying to show me that by doing the speed limit we won't just flip and die.

It was really good, he was explaining all the technical things about how the tyres work and stuff which I really like, and just trying to et me to realise that the fear I have is so out of proportion to the risk.

I have sore stomach muscles from clenching in panic though now, but it was really good, he's super patient and calm and made me do emergenct stops and things.

I just read that, it sounds really lame!

JoBear
02-11-2009, 08:04 AM
i was a terrible driver, very nervous when i first started and now i absolutely love driving and find it so relaxing. there's hope for you yet!

brokers are just people who organise insurance contracts for their clients. then the insurance companies pay them commission. the insured pays their premium to the broker and they're allowed to keep it and get interest on it for 3 months. the idea is the broker will get you the best deal but in my experience, the broker is going for the best deal they get from the insurance company.

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 08:08 AM
i was a terrible driver, very nervous when i first started and now i absolutely love driving and find it so relaxing. there's hope for you yet!

brokers are just people who organise insurance contracts for their clients. then the insurance companies pay them commission. the insured pays their premium to the broker and they're allowed to keep it and get interest on it for 3 months. the idea is the broker will get you the best deal but in my experience, the broker is going for the best deal they get from the insurance company.

Ahhhh I see!

I like hearing things like that, gives me hope! A year ago I couldn't even drive at all without panic attacks and such, and I pretty much don't do that at all anymore! I just need to get my restricted, as my work has suddenly decided to send me out to Waitakere in December, instead of March, and not send the other two trainees out first (who can both drive) like they promised me.
So if I can'tget it by then I'm not sure what I'll do!

JoBear
02-11-2009, 08:12 AM
i started driving at 15 and then after about 3 months i had a near accident and just gave up. luckily i had an amazing driving instructor who used to call me all the time asking me when i was coming back. in the end i gave in to them, which was good because i got my restricted at 17. took me over 2 years to get up the courage to go for my full. its crazy to think i've had my licence 10 years now.

definitely the more you do it, the more natural and easier it becomes.

i wonder if i'll get moved before christmas. i think i'm going to try ask to stay at my current branch because i'm enjoying the quiet and i'm quite enjoying having a manager who engages with me both professionally and personally (he's been extremely encouraging about my joining the gym and going go to classes), unlike my old one.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Shit I know, tell me about it!

How was Shadows, did you end up going?
God, I complain about mine being $3.20.

I didn't end up going to Shadows in the end. All that effort of the 30,000 words of essays caught up with me and I suddenly got really tired! Almost fell asleep on the bus home.

Sounds like you're doing alright with your driving! I was petrified of driving as well, and that lasted until after I got my restricted. :LOL: I'm sure you can start to be comfortable driving far quicker than that.

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 08:20 AM
i started driving at 15 and then after about 3 months i had a near accident and just gave up. luckily i had an amazing driving instructor who used to call me all the time asking me when i was coming back. in the end i gave in to them, which was good because i got my restricted at 17. took me over 2 years to get up the courage to go for my full. its crazy to think i've had my licence 10 years now.

definitely the more you do it, the more natural and easier it becomes.

i wonder if i'll get moved before christmas. i think i'm going to try ask to stay at my current branch because i'm enjoying the quiet and i'm quite enjoying having a manager who engages with me both professionally and personally (he's been extremely encouraging about my joining the gym and going go to classes), unlike my old one.

Oh that's great! It's nice when your bosses actually make an effort to care about you!

Yeah I had been in three accidents before I was 20, pretty major ones that busted me up some, and I wasn't driving in any of them. It wasn't the fault of the drivers of my car either, so it wasn't a young driver thing.
I had just got over the 2nd one when the last one (worst one) happened, and I just lost it, felt like an ACCIDENT MAGNET!!!! And just went into major panic mode and refused to get in the car!!

I'm lots better now hahaha.

God, I complain about mine being $3.20.

I didn't end up going to Shadows in the end. All that effort of the 30,000 words of essays caught up with me and I suddenly got really tired! Almost fell asleep on the bus home.

Sounds like you're doing alright with your driving! I was petrified of driving as well, and that lasted until after I got my restricted. :LOL: I'm sure you can start to be comfortable driving far quicker than that.

Oh haha! I don't feel quite so guilty now then! I'm sure after 30,000 words you would have had nothing left to say anyway! :p

JoBear
02-11-2009, 08:21 AM
heh and i hate paying $2.10 for the buses here.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Oh haha! I don't feel quite so guilty now then! I'm sure after 30,000 words you would have had nothing left to say anyway! :p
Very true, I would have been so boring. And you don't need to feel guilty at all.

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 08:31 AM
heh and i hate paying $2.10 for the buses here.

Woah, I would love to pay that!!! But I am sure that $12.40 has got to be wrong! It's $4.60 from my place to Takapuna, and it used to be only $5.40 from mine to town. Now it's the same to Taka but to town has doubled??? What the??

It was so nice having the rest of the day off today :)

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Woah, I would love to pay that!!! But I am sure that $12.40 has got to be wrong! It's $4.60 from my place to Takapuna, and it used to be only $5.40 from mine to town. Now it's the same to Taka but to town has doubled??? What the??
Can't be right. :noey:

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Can't be right. :noey:

I know! Either way I am glad he didn't charge me the $12.40. It's painful enough being on the bus for an hour without paying that much!

Yay climbing tomorrow, I can't wait!

Is anyone doing anything for bonfire night?

JoBear
02-11-2009, 08:49 AM
nah i never do anything for guy fawkes. last time i can think of doing anything vaguely guy fawkey is the night i met oren and our friend set off a sparkler bomb strapped to a carton of custard.

which means i've known oren for 3 years now!

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 08:51 AM
nah i never do anything for guy fawkes. last time i can think of doing anything vaguely guy fawkey is the night i met oren and our friend set off a sparkler bomb strapped to a carton of custard.

Aw, congrats!

And, "sparkler bomb strapped to a carton of custard"?? Does not compute.

I think we are having fireworks at ours, but I haven't made a Guy since I was in England. I don't think we can have a bonfire here unless it's in a big drum of some kind.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 08:52 AM

Awesome. :)

I'm working that day...but it's my last shift before I have a week off, so I'm not complaining.

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 08:55 AM
A week off! Nice! Just having a break or is it something special?

I just want sparklers I have decided. Not too fussed on the rest, but SPARKLERS :awesome:

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm off to Christchurch for a week. :) A nice way to celebrate the uni year being over, I think.

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Wicked!
Will you catch up with the Christchurch Moas down there?

I feel that I should celebrate that uni has finished!

JoBear
02-11-2009, 08:58 AM
A week off! Nice! Just having a break or is it something special?

I just want sparklers I have decided. Not too fussed on the rest, but SPARKLERS :awesome:
thanks to behaviour like the above, you now can't buy sparklers on their own.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Wicked!
Will you catch up with the Christchurch Moas down there?

I feel that I should celebrate that uni has finished!
I'm staying with them actually. Very nice of them to put up with me for that long.

And yes, you should!

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
You just have to go and ruin everyone's fun. :noey:

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm staying with them actually. Very nice of them to put up with me for that long.

And yes, you should!

Hhahah aw that's even more awesome!

You just have to go and ruin everyone's fun. :noey:

Oh noooo!

JoBear
02-11-2009, 09:06 AM

It was so nice having the rest of the day off today :)
its $2.80 without a card in christchurch with a free transfer within 2 hours. but when i first moved to christchurch i remember it being $1 as a child and $2 as an adult. i'd give the bus driver $2 coin not say anything and sometimes they'd give me a $1 back even though i wasn't a child.

Tacticalkat
02-11-2009, 09:07 AM
its $2.80 without a card in christchurch with a free transfer within 2 hours. but when i first moved to christchurch i remember it being $1 as a child and $2 as an adult. i'd give the bus driver $2 coin not say anything and sometimes they'd give me a $1 back even though i wasn't a child.

Hahahha nice one!

I'm off to bed! Night everyone, have a great day tomorrow!

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 09:08 AM
You too, night!

JoBear
02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
i too am considering bed.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Fair enough. Sounds like you had a pretty exhausting day.

darkshineskitty
02-11-2009, 09:48 AM

Yay anniversary time! :awesome: :party:

When I was in high school we sometimes used to get my Asian friend to buy movie tickets for a whole group of us so that we could get child prices :awesome: :LOL:

I hate Guy Fawkes.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan. Any particular reason for your hatred of it?

It annoys me because I often have exams and I'm trying to study, and...BOOM! POW! BANG! CRACKLE! :indiff:

darkshineskitty
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan. Any particular reason for your hatred of it?

It annoys me because I often have exams and I'm trying to study, and...BOOM! POW! BANG! CRACKLE! :indiff:

Just general anxiety. I always worry on Guy Fawkes. Too many stupid drunk people waltzing around with firecrackers and setting loud explody things alight. I sometimes go to parties and they can vary in fun-ness, but I still don't really like the night.
I do like the movie V For Vendetta though.

_Ed_
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Fair enough, that makes perfect sense.

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
02-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Fair enough, that makes perfect sense.

How's your day been?

Study and facebook :LOL: Not the most exciting of days. Which reminds me that I should go to bed! Night Rich :happy:

Michelle
02-11-2009, 11:45 PM

Aww :( I was hoping to just get some of them.

I have several options for guy fawkes (and it is my last night in palmy). Dinner with a friend who finishes her last exam that day, I've been invited to another friends place for dinner, or dinner with my parents. I don't know what to do.

Michelle
02-11-2009, 11:48 PM
When I was in high school we sometimes used to get my Asian friend to buy movie tickets for a whole group of us so that we could get child prices :awesome: :LOL:

I was the one convinced to go buy child tickets :LOL:

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 04:15 AM
I saw (500) Days of Summerrrrr :awesome:

Such a good movie! I really liked the way it was directed too. Has anyone else here seen it?

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 04:26 AM
I've heard lots of people say it's good, so I think I'll have to see it.

JoBear
03-11-2009, 04:28 AM
i got a warning on the board today from gem. :awesome:

gotta go to aqua class shortly but i'm so tired...ugh.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 04:29 AM
How'd you manage that?

JoBear
03-11-2009, 04:32 AM
http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=6683815

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 04:34 AM
Ooh, scathing.

JoBear
03-11-2009, 04:36 AM
fucking hate people who feel the need to bump every thread with a pointless and inane post. she's the new kaddy/black mamba. i actually have both of them on ignore yet for some reason i looked at that post and couldn't help myself.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Fair enough. Have to admit I'd never heard of her, but it sounds like that was definitely warranted.

Michelle
03-11-2009, 05:34 AM
I saw (500) Days of Summerrrrr :awesome:

Such a good movie! I really liked the way it was directed too. Has anyone else here seen it?

I have. I liked it too.

Nice :LOL:

Me Rug I Sty
03-11-2009, 06:44 AM
I posted this ages ago, so I thought I would again.

If anyone has any Muse singles or any of the DVD's (including HAARP), and you are interested in, selling please let me know. I'm starting to collect :p

JoBear
03-11-2009, 06:47 AM
anyone seen the new speeding ad?

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 07:29 AM
http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=6683815

I have one word to say in response to this :stunned:...

BEEF :awesome:

she's the new kaddy/black mamba.

Oh snap! Jo goes in for round two :chuckle: Black Mamba was always pretty nice to me, so I don't mind her.

Where he's driving 50 and then 60? Yeah. I thought it was effective in that it makes you like the character and feel bad when he gets hurt, but at the same time its not quite as powerfully impacting as some of the other ads. Still I guess its only supposed to get its point across clear and simple, not win an Oscar.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Not yet! Is it a return to the magnificently gruesome style of the good old days?

JoBear
03-11-2009, 07:33 AM
see you weren't around when she was at her most annoying. everyone hated her and then she changed her name and stopped being so openly obsessive about dom and everyone suddenly thought she and her stupid lip avatars were awesome. sometimes you'd come on the board and every last post in banter was her.

but then there's so many people i dislike on this forum. :awesome:

JoBear
03-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Not yet! Is it a return to the magnificently gruesome style of the good old days?
nah, they seem to have abandonned gruesome. i was just watching the old "mark the car's on fire" ad...that was effective.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 07:34 AM
see you weren't around when she was at her most annoying. everyone hated her and then she changed her name and stopped being so openly obsessive about dom and everyone suddenly thought she and her stupid lip avatars were awesome. sometimes you'd come on the board and every last post in banter was her.

Haha, Jo's on the warpath.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 07:34 AM
nah, they seem to have abandonned gruesome. i was just watching the old "mark the car's on fire" ad...that was effective.
It sure was. I also liked the one with the horn that wouldn't stop. "Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!"

Disappointing. :(

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 07:37 AM

I guess I must not have been :erm: Although I do remember someone being really obsessed about Dom. But then again, aren't half the population of this board? (Answer: a third of the population of Main Muse :p)
I generally follow the rule that double posting is to be avoided unless a) you have something pressing to say that requires an additional post to highlight its pressing-ness, or b) you are Richard :LOL:

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 07:37 AM
or b) you are Richard :LOL:
Sorry! :unsure:

JoBear
03-11-2009, 07:39 AM
there's certain threads there for double posting and posting random and inane posts ie. here where we know each other. most other boardies wouldn't come in here. the same for the elite in the banter thread, and all the young freaks in the young muser threads. but if you have go around posting stupid inane things everywhere then that's annoying.

cookie
03-11-2009, 07:45 AM
quite underwhelming. i thought his head was gonna fly out the window in the 60k version

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 07:46 AM
quite underwhelming. i thought his head was gonna fly out the window in the 60k version
See, that would be memorable.

And you'd think, "You know, I'd really rather not have that happen to me."

cookie
03-11-2009, 07:49 AM
See, that would be memorable.

And you'd think, "You know, I'd really rather not have that happen to me."
who's that in your avatar now?

JoBear
03-11-2009, 07:50 AM
they should just have montage of all the cars that insurance companies deal with after accidents. there's nothing quite like seeing a car thats barely recognisable and covered in blood and wondering how the hell there was even a driver in there.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 07:51 AM
I walked past the Mexican Cafe on my break just before and developed a massive nachos craving. That's a massive craving, not a craving for frighteningly large nachos.

Perhaps a visit to the Christchurch one could be an option some time next week, Jo and Oren?

JoBear
is it the guy from boston public?

_Ed_
Emerson Cod, private investigator/pop-up book and knitting enthusiast from Pushing Daisies. He's quite a character.

The actor's name is Chi McBride. Don't think I've seen him in anything else.

JoBear
03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
I walked past the Mexican Cafe on my break just before and developed a massive nachos craving. That's a massive craving, not a craving for frighteningly large nachos.

Perhaps a visit to the Christchurch one could be an option some time next week, Jo and Oren?
you know what richard, when i was doing the dishes about half an hour ago i was just thinking "wonder if richard would want to go to the mexican cafe..." go there between 5-7pm, cheap margaritas! and even easier now oren and i both work in town :awesome:

i overuse that face.

JoBear
03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Emerson Cod, private investigator/pop-up book and knitting enthusiast from Pushing Daisies. He's quite a character.

The actor's name is Chi McBride. Don't think I've seen him in anything else.
ah, i saw him last night. all i remember about pushing daisies is the dog.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 07:53 AM
you know what richard, when i was doing the dishes about half an hour ago i was just thinking "wonder if richard would want to go to the mexican cafe..." go there between 5-7pm, cheap margaritas! and even easier now oren and i both work in town :awesome:
:eek:
It was obviously meant to be.

JoBear
03-11-2009, 08:03 AM
mmm i love their chicken nachos.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah, they're amazing. Have to say I've never tried a margarita there.

JoBear
03-11-2009, 08:09 AM
they're so good. so easy to drink and you don't realise until they've gone to your head.

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Sorry! :unsure:

:LOL: I was just teasing. It's like your thing, so it's okay :p

they should just have montage of all the cars that insurance companies deal with after accidents. there's nothing quite like seeing a car thats barely recognisable and covered in blood and wondering how the hell there was even a driver in there.

Did you guys ever have that thing come to your high school where they brought in a crushed car from a crash and put it somewhere in the school, and you were allowed to walk around it and have a look during lunchtimes? That was pretty intense. Maybe they should set something like that up somewhere.

i overuse that face.

One can never overuse that face.

:awesome:

they're so good. so easy to drink and you don't realise until they've gone to your head.

The passionfruit and mango ones are the best :happy:

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Damn you, Frank Bainimarama. Thanks to you, we've had to change the whole damn Tonight bulletin at late notice, and I'm now going to have to type two live interviews in which I am likely to have to try to spell your bloody name.

JoBear
03-11-2009, 08:27 AM
silly fiji.

anyone else think the "it's never been a better time to visit samoa" ads a bit too soon?

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 08:27 AM
:awesome:I saw (500) Days of Summerrrrr :awesome:

All my friends are going to see it as a group but I can't go, but I have heard that it's really good!

gotta go to aqua class shortly but i'm so tired...ugh.

Wow, nice work there! I didn't realise you could get warnings for stuff like that, seems a bit tame.

NO!
But reading your guys comments I am not expecting huge things. Some of the old ones were fantastic though. I wish they would put them on again!

town :awesome:

i overuse that face.

I overuse that face too. I need one like it on my phone, and have also started trying to do it in real life. Saaaad!

Damn you, Frank Bainimarama. Thanks to you, we've had to change the whole damn Tonight bulletin at late notice, and I'm now going to have to type two live interviews in which I am likely to have to try to spell your bloody name.

Bugger, that's quite the name there! Copy and paste? :awesome:

I had the shittest day of bullying at work today. But then I went climbing for three hours and it was great!! I took a huge fall and ended up in a giant swing! :awesome: Fun!

Heeee I'm going to see High School Musical Jr on Saturday, that should be interesting :p

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Bugger, that's quite the name there! Copy and paste? :awesome:
Now there's an idea!

I had the shittest day of bullying at work today.
:(
What happened?

Heeee I'm going to see High School Musical Jr on Saturday, that should be interesting :p

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Totally unrelated to the above post but you know that whole shenanigan with the Destiny Church recently? Someone on Facebook had this as their status update:

(They put quotes around it)
"If you're a paid-up member of the Destiny's Church, a "spiritual son" of the self-appointed bishop, doesn't that make you Destiny's Child?"

And then the comments were as follows:

Commenter: "I was going to launch into some appropriate Destiny's Child lyrics and then realized how uncool that would make me :/"
Poster: "Go on, be" a survivor", you" gonna make it" (through the insults). You never know, someone might "like it" and "put a ring on it". Once your finished with the lyrics "Throw your hands up at me" - but only if you are one of those "women who are independent".

...Dawg."
Commenter: "Destiny's don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy who won't get no membership from us.. Hanging out the passanger side of the Devils ride, trying to convert me"

We should totally go on tour."

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Great stuff.

Ooh, fuck. News is starting.

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Now there's an idea!

What happened?

Just lame people who are able to take out their frustrations on me when things don't go their way, even though I had nothing to do with it. There's loads of it in this profession, and it sucks!!
But a new day a new doctor tomorrow so hopefully she will be nicer than he was.

Oh and I actually quite liked the first High school Musical, it was cute. And annoying, but still fun :$
Totally unrelated to the above post but you know that whole shenanigan with the Destiny Church recently? Someone on Facebook had this as their status update:

"If you're a paid-up member of the Destiny's Church, a "spiritual son" of the self-appointed bishop, doesn't that make you Destiny's Child?"

Commenter: "I was going to launch into some appropriate Destiny's Child lyrics and then realized how uncool that would make me :/"
Poster: "Go on, be" a survivor", you" gonna make it" (through the insults). You never know, someone might "like it" and "put a ring on it". Once your finished with the lyrics "Throw your hands up at me" - but only if you are one of those "women who are independent".

...Dawg."
Commenter: "Destiny's don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy who won't get no membership from us.. Hanging out the passanger side of the Devils ride, trying to convert me"

Woah, that it win! Should be on that website for facebook!

JoBear
03-11-2009, 08:37 AM
going well richard!

our subtitles are fucked though, occassionally missing letters.

is there any reason its yellow sometimes and grey otherwise?

edit: ooh and green.

you only had write frank bananarama once!

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Just lame people who are able to take out their frustrations on me when things don't go their way, even though I had nothing to do with it. There's loads of it in this profession, and it sucks!!
But a new day a new doctor tomorrow so hopefully she will be nicer than he was.

Oh and I actually quite liked the first High school Musical, it was cute. And annoying, but still fun :$

What happened to Work Guy?

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 08:46 AM
What happened to Work Guy?

Nothing, he's still there but he works crazy shifts and so I only see him once about every two weeks or so now so there really is no hope for any further contact!!
Without me going out of my way and it being really obvious!

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
That's not fair. :noey:

Fair enough. You'll like Glee then!

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Nothing, he's still there but he works crazy shifts and so I only see him once about every two weeks or so now so there really is no hope for any further contact!!
Without me going out of my way and it being really obvious!

Time to manufacture an excuse to run into him methinks!

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
going well richard!

our subtitles are fucked though, occassionally missing letters.

is there any reason its yellow sometimes and grey otherwise?

edit: ooh and green.

you only had write frank bananarama once!
I messed up the first one. I didn't hear the start of her story about Fijian official trying to get the visa, and she just kept going and I couldn't type any of it without the start bit. :facepalm:

It's meant to be grey for the newsreader/reporters and yellow, blue or green for any other people who say anything.

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
That's not fair. :noey:

Fair enough. You'll like Glee then!

Ohhhh good! It even sounds like fun!!

Time to manufacture an excuse to run into him methinks!

Yeah but I totally won't! I see him so rarely now that even if I randomly talked to him on facebook it might seem weird.

JoBear
03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
I messed up the first one. I didn't hear the start of her story about Fijian official trying to get the visa, and she just kept going and I couldn't type any of it without the start bit. :facepalm:

It's meant to be grey for the newsreader/reporters and yellow, blue or green for any other people who say anything.
i was impressed. don't know how you do it! those reporters talked fast!

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 08:54 AM

Hang on, do you have to do it live? I thought you would have time to get it ready or something :$

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Hang on, do you have to do it live? I thought you would have time to get it ready or something :$
Most of it, yeah, but whenever they go "let's cross live to..." I have to type as fast as my little fingers can go.

Haha, the newsreader just made a funny mistake. "Builderscrack - the website helping homos...sorry, homeowners..." :LOL:

JoBear
03-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Most of it, yeah, but whenever they go "let's cross live to..." I have to type as fast as my little fingers can go.

Haha, the newsreader just made a funny mistake. "Builderscrack - the website helping homos...sorry, homeowners..." :LOL:
do you get to do guyon?

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 08:58 AM
do you get to do guyon?
I do. It's an honour.

He's all ponderous and talks slowly, so he's nice and easy to type.

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 09:00 AM

Whoa that's really cool! So you mist be able to type like a million words a minute. I would suck at that job, by the time I had typed the first sentance I would have forgotten what the rest of it was. And I am full of typos

Mucho respect!

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Whoa that's really cool! So you mist be able to type like a million words a minute. I would suck at that job, by the time I had typed the first sentance I would have forgotten what the rest of it was. And I am full of typos

Mucho respect!
Oh, I have those problems too. Getting better though I hope!

Michelle
03-11-2009, 09:04 AM

When I first saw it, it was just too cheery for so long, then a crash. Needs a bit more focus on the after-crash.

Ooh, nachos and margaritas. Sounds fun, wish I could join you guys in Chch. I'll have to try get to the Auck one this summer.

...Dawg."

:LOL: I saw there is a facebook group 'BRIAN TAMAKI AND DESTINY CHURCH CAN SUCK MY DICK.'

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Nooo, don't ruin the illusion! I'm in awe!
Seriously though, that does sound like lots of hard work!

EDIT!
Oooh Michele we should go together! Margaritaaaaaaaaaas!

JoBear
03-11-2009, 09:06 AM
i'm off to watch some curb your enthusiasm in bed.

doing a 5km walk/run tomorrow for work at half 6. last year i did it for the free spit roast afterwards but there's been no mention of it this year. it better be there! :mad:

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Ooh, can I get in on that?

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:07 AM
doing a 5km walk/run tomorrow for work at half 6. last year i did it for the free spit roast afterwards but there's been no mention of it this year. it better be there! :mad:
I hope it is. And good luck for the walk/run!

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah but I totally won't! I see him so rarely now that even if I randomly talked to him on facebook it might seem weird.

:eek: you must seize the opportunity to talk to him on facebook now before the moment passes! Make up some excuse to leave a comment, like asking about a case or something.

Awkwaaard! Do you have to type those out too?

:LOL: I saw there a is a facebook group 'BRIAN TAMAKI AND DESTINY CHURCH CAN SUCK MY DICK.'

A lot of my friends are in that group :LOL:
It just makes me think of:
http://www.mrhaironline.com/mv6/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/im_a_shark.jpg

JoBear
I hope it is. And good luck for the walk/run!
last year it was pissing down and cold, tomorrow after gale force winds tonight, it's supposed to be 27 degrees!

Tacticalkat

I love that show.

Oh good luck, have fun and I cross my fingers for you!

Indeed, indeed you can!
I promise not to climb out the window and sit on the roof out of habit :D

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I would if I could, but there's no time. You have to go into another mode to do live bits, so you need to know they're coming beforehand.

He did well, though - he said "Freudian slip, anyone?" with a grin on his face.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Indeed, indeed you can!
I promise not to climb out the window and sit on the roof out of habit :D
But that, and other diners and staff's reaction to it, is something I would love to see!

Michelle
03-11-2009, 09:11 AM
EDIT!

Yes! MOA night out! :D

Oh yes, there better be something nice at the end waiting for you after making such an effort to get up and do it. Good luck and have fun!

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 09:11 AM
:eek: you must seize the opportunity to talk to him on facebook now before the moment passes! Make up some excuse to leave a comment, like asking about a case or something.

Hahha I think of that I'm a shark SUCK MY DICK! thing a lot. It cracks me up, and it works when I yell it in my head when work sucks!! Hahaha.

It would just be weird because he is a runner for stuff and not in the theatres themselves. I think if I thought there was a chance he might like me back then I would, but I really don't!

I would if I could, but there's no time. You have to go into another mode to do live bits, so you need to know they're coming beforehand.

That's epic!

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 09:13 AM
But that, and other diners and staff's reaction to it, is something I would love to see!

Hahhaha Don't tempt me, maybe I should not partake of the margaritas.

Yes! MOA night out! :D!

Yay if you guys are keen we can celebrate the end of uni?

EDIT: whoops, double post, sorry!

Michelle
03-11-2009, 09:15 AM

Yeah, I see it has over 10500 people joined up. :chuckle:

Aha, I love those sharks.

+1 Get a few drinks down me and I might join in :LOL:

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:17 AM
+1 Get a few drinks down me and I might join in :LOL:
I'd be saying "I so don't know those people..."

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 09:19 AM

Hahhhaha awesome, let's do it!!!

Right, I am off to bed, you guys keeping me up late, honestly!! :)

But seriously, lets go out.
Then I will have more chance of picking you out of the crowd at the BDO too :)

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:21 AM
That's very true.

Michelle
03-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Yay if you guys are keen we can celebrate the end of uni?

Yeah, that'd be sweet. Despite it feeling like I'm finished with uni, it will never really be over :LOL: I still have an assignment left due in December and I'll have my research to do which still needs more organising :erm:

Before we get that far, just lure us back with more nachos and margaritas :LOL:

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Good call. :yesey:

Tacticalkat
03-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, that'd be sweet. Despite it feeling like I'm finished with uni, it will never really be over :LOL: I still have an assignment left due in December and I'll have my research to do which still needs more organising :erm:

I like your way of thinking! I can always be lured with food and alcoholic beverages!

And now I am really going to bed, night guys! Have a great one tomorrow!

Michelle
03-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Right, I am off to bed, you guys keeping me up late, honestly!! :)

Yeah we should definately go *googles to check where it is*.

Good night! Have a good day tomorrow :)

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 09:29 AM

:LOL: nicely managed!

It would just be weird because he is a runner for stuff and not in the theatres themselves. I think if I thought there was a chance he might like me back then I would, but I really don't!

Aw, oh well.
I miss my funny tutor. Although I did have a dream with him in it that other day NOT LIKE THAT get your minds out of the gutter :p:LOL:

EDIT: whoops, double post, sorry!

:p I don't hate double posting, if that's what people are worried about! I just try not to double post myself.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:56 AM
I miss my funny tutor.
Any chance of him tutoring in any classes you might do next year?

Michelle
03-11-2009, 09:58 AM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/IMG_0643.jpg
Resident moa of Rotovegas.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 09:59 AM
AWESOME!

Michelle
03-11-2009, 10:04 AM
It even has an egg :awesome:

Oh yeah, I think I have Wellington's resident moa and Haast eagle too *goes to look*.

Michelle
03-11-2009, 10:14 AM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/IMG_0561.jpg

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Poor moa. :(

Michelle
03-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I feel like shouting 'run moa, run!'.

Michelle
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
http://bethere.co.nz/media/uploads/2009/09/Moa_Beer_Moa_Hunt_Logo.jpg

Naww, they're getting attacked by bicycles too :(

Ah well, bed time. Night night, have a good day everyone.

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
That's not fair. Poor things. :(

Night Michelle! You have a good day too.

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Any chance of him tutoring in any classes you might do next year?

Nah I don't think so. I think he only tutors that one paper.

Cool pictures btw Michelle :happy: Are they just from museums?

_Ed_
03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Aww. :( Did you ever send him your creative writing again?

darkshineskitty
03-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Aww. :( Did you ever send him your creative writing again?

Nah we handed in our assignments so I figured he'd be too busy to have a look.

Michelle
03-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Cool pictures btw Michelle :happy: Are they just from museums?

Rotovegas moa is from Rainbow Springs and the other from Te Papa.

lensip max
04-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Lol. I recognised the Te Papa one. Were you in Welly?

Michelle
04-11-2009, 03:36 AM
Yup, back in June :)

darkshineskitty
04-11-2009, 04:19 AM
Have you guys seen the video for Undisclosed Desires yet?

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 04:21 AM
No, I've been unsuccessfully link-hunting. Have you found one?

JoBear
04-11-2009, 06:45 AM
SPIT ROAST!

i tried to get rugby tickets for the final this weekend through work as a thank you for my friend who takes me to the gym on saturday mornings and instead of getting normal stand tickets which i can give away, they give me corporate scenic circle lounge ones which mean i have to go! oh well, at least rugby is a fairly short game.

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 06:48 AM
SPIT ROAST!
And how was the run/walk?

JoBear
04-11-2009, 06:51 AM
pretty good, managed to beat my time from last year by a few minutes. it was a lot easier this year as well thanks to being a bit more active lately.

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Good stuff! :)

Tacticalkat
04-11-2009, 07:32 AM
pretty good, managed to beat my time from last year by a few minutes. it was a lot easier this year as well thanks to being a bit more active lately.

Very nice! That's something you can be proud of!

Ghosty Ghost
04-11-2009, 07:51 AM
At work today I saw an address:

### Papamoa Beach Rd
Papamoa Beach
Papamoa

Total moa overload :LOL:

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Easy to remember, at least.

Michelle
04-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Have you guys seen the video for Undisclosed Desires yet?

I have indeed. It's lacking something I was hoping it would have. Not quite sure what that was :LOL: but yeah, otherwise it's a standard Muse vid.

SPIT ROAST!

At work today I saw an address:

### Papamoa Beach Rd
Papamoa Beach
Papamoa

Total moa overload :LOL:

:LOL: Good stuff.

Turns out I'm going home tomorrow instead of Friday. My parents are a bit worried about leaving my cat outside for guy fawkes night.

darkshineskitty
04-11-2009, 08:17 AM
No, I've been unsuccessfully link-hunting. Have you found one?

YouTube, meine freunde!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHhKIa8jbo

I think its also up on the muse.mu media player.
There's parts of the video that I like, and parts that I don't like. Overall I like it better than the video for Uprising.

Boy I did not do anything today! Back and forth between here and Facebook, interspersed with trips to YouTube. Oh and btw Rich yes you should watch the film :happy:

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 08:32 AM
:erm:
Well, my expectations were low, so I wasn't disappointed.

JoBear
04-11-2009, 08:41 AM
that video is terrible.

feel like they're ripping off battles a bit with it.

darkshineskitty
04-11-2009, 10:34 AM
that video is terrible.

It's not too bad. I like the idea of the frames with the 'matt close up' and stuff written on them. And the dancing girl I actually think is okay when she's in slow motion and you can just see her feet and parts of her dress moving. The moving guitar thing is a little unnecessary but still kinda fun. I think Matt's outfit is strange- its like Gerard Way's jacket crossed with Bono's glasses. The words that flash up are a little too cliche.

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 11:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDWNam7RtE

:chuckle:

darkshineskitty
04-11-2009, 11:03 AM

Holey brie that is a lot of boxes :stunned: How the heck did they get out?

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 11:05 AM
I was wondering that myself. :erm:

Anyway, how's your day been?

darkshineskitty
04-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I was wondering that myself. :erm:

Anyway, how's your day been?

Alright thanks. Did nothing all day. I think I mentioned that earlier :LOL: You?

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 11:17 AM
You did too.

My day has been alright as well...I didn't do anything either. Feels so weird after writing like 30,000 words in the last couple of months!

Should pack for my trip to Christchurch some time.

darkshineskitty
04-11-2009, 11:40 AM
You did too.

My day has been alright as well...I didn't do anything either. Feels so weird after writing like 30,000 words in the last couple of months!

Should pack for my trip to Christchurch some time.

Ooh, Christchurch?

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, going down there on Friday for just over a week. :happy: Nice way to celebrate the end of uni, and it will be great to have a week away.

Do you have any plans to celebrate the end of your uni year?

darkshineskitty
04-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah, going down there on Friday for just over a week. :happy: Nice way to celebrate the end of uni, and it will be great to have a week away.

Do you have any plans to celebrate the end of your uni year?

Haven't really thought about it to be honest :LOL: Maybe a road trip if I get my license.

_Ed_
04-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Sounds great. :)

Hey, have you guys seen the marching band playing Muse? They're not bad actually:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c5AXJeXSuo

And with that, I'm off to bed. Night!

darkshineskitty
04-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Hey, have you guys seen the marching band playing Muse? They're not bad actually:

Night :happy:

darkshineskitty
05-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Okay I'm the kind of person who believes food should not be consumed after its expiry date. I have a big thing about it, and won't consume meat or dairy products if they've gone past the date on the package. My mum often tells me to be less picky- just yesterday she said it after I declined having some mayonnaise 3 months past its use by date (come on, 3 months! Can you blame me?). Anyway, I often check milk use by dates before pouring it into things, and if its close to the day I'll sometimes pour some in a glass and taste it first.
Today I didn't do that, I just put it onto my cereal. After a few spoonfuls, I thought it tasted kind of like corn, but figured it was probably just me imagining it after just waking up. So I tried a sip of just the milk from the bowl.

OH GOD it was off. Tasted horrible and it was in my mouth and I'd eaten some! This is why I check expiry dates! I went and looked and it was supposed to expire 2 days ago- usually the milk is fine for a few days past. But this most certainly wasn't. It was disgusting!

_Ed_
05-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Eww off milk is so awful.

And...3 months? Seriously?

darkshineskitty
05-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Eww off milk is so awful.

And...3 months? Seriously?

I know right? wtf. It had been in the fridge obviously but still that's gross. Not a risk I was willing to take.

_Ed_
05-11-2009, 03:33 AM
http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/man-accidentally-ejects-himself-jet-3114800
Awesome.

Oh, and I'm typing up a news story about Rodney Hide and making sure everything he says is in yellow to match that awful jacket and silly little car of his. And the reporter spelt Rodney's girlfriend, Louise, as Lousie. :LOL: I'm easily amused.

Tacticalkat
05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Okay I'm the kind of person who believes food should not be consumed after its expiry date. I have a big thing about it, and won't consume meat or dairy products if they've gone past the date on the package. My mum often tells me to be less picky- just yesterday she said it after I declined having some mayonnaise 3 months past its use by date (come on, 3 months! Can you blame me?). Anyway, I often check milk use by dates before pouring it into things, and if its close to the day I'll sometimes pour some in a glass and taste it first.
Today I didn't do that, I just put it onto my cereal. After a few spoonfuls, I thought it tasted kind of like corn, but figured it was probably just me imagining it after just waking up. So I tried a sip of just the milk from the bowl.

OH GOD it was off. Tasted horrible and it was in my mouth and I'd eaten some! This is why I check expiry dates! I went and looked and it was supposed to expire 2 days ago- usually the milk is fine for a few days past. But this most certainly wasn't. It was disgusting!

EW EW EW I hate milk anyway I think it's disgusting!!!!!
Unless it has flavour in it. But man, off milk, that's just rank.

3 months? EWWWWW that's something my dad would do, so gross! I'm like you, probably chuck loads of stuff away that's fine but my motto from work "if in doubt, throw it out" :)

darkshineskitty
05-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I know right? And today my mum was like 'I had some in my coffee this morning and I didn't taste anything. Just a little bit thicker on the top, which is the cream' and I was like 'well I had some in my cereal and it was sour'. And then because she HAS to be argumentative she was like 'it's only two days old, I'm going to have some in my coffee tomorrow :phu:', so I responded with 'that's fine. It's disgusting, but fine.'
:rolleyes:

_Ed_
05-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Haha, love your new pic thingy.

_Ed_
06-11-2009, 01:55 AM
I'm off to pack and then go to Christchurch. Toodles.

Michelle
06-11-2009, 04:17 AM

Wow, they just keep tumbling down :LOL:

Huh, that's pretty cool.

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/man-accidentally-ejects-himself-jet-3114800
Awesome.

:LOL::LOL:

I'm off to pack and then go to Christchurch. Toodles.

Have fun!

I like your new owl avatar too, Kitty :happy: Sombrero ftw :awesome:

Tacticalkat
06-11-2009, 06:51 AM

Aw that was cool! I liked the flute solo! Must be bloody hard to walk round like that while trying to play!

YouTube, meine freunde!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHhKIa8jbo

I think its also up on the muse.mu media player.
There's parts of the video that I like, and parts that I don't like. Overall I like it better than the video for Uprising.

Boy I did not do anything today! Back and forth between here and Facebook, interspersed with trips to YouTube. Oh and btw Rich yes you should watch the film :happy:

Hmmmm, videos do not seem to be their strong point huh! I don't get it, it's just weird but not weird/cool.
The dancing girl is like one of the characters from Cirque de Soleil, but she doesn't seem to be dancing to the song?
Meh, I don't like it.

How's everyone? My plans tonight got cancelled when I had to leave work early with a migraine, just woken up now!!

darkshineskitty
06-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Hmmmm, videos do not seem to be their strong point huh! I don't get it, it's just weird but not weird/cool.
The dancing girl is like one of the characters from Cirque de Soleil, but she doesn't seem to be dancing to the song?
Meh, I don't like it.

How's everyone? My plans tonight got cancelled when I had to leave work early with a migraine, just woken up now!!

Better than Uprising though, y/y?

Thanks for the avatar comments guys :happy: I'm still doing the avatar theme of the month competition and this month is Internet Memes. I might change a few times if I find something even better :LOL:

lensip max
06-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Ack, Saturday fail. In Maori one of the words for Saturday is Rahoroi --> washing day. So I have to vacuum and mop all the floors. Mop them twice. First to actually wash them with meths and stuff, and then to make them look extra purty and shiny. Fail, but visitors are turning up later who want to buy the house in a private deal, so...

JoBear
06-11-2009, 08:21 PM
i've done my early saturday morning gym thing..now listening to modest mouse waiting for the boys to wake up.

darkshineskitty
08-11-2009, 03:14 AM
The Auckland City Council is determined to destroy me OTL

Tacticalkat
08-11-2009, 07:53 AM
The Auckland City Council is determined to destroy me OTL

Oh no! Why?

darkshineskitty
08-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Oh no! Why?

Got another fine. Even after I was let off the last one. I drove in a bus lane. In my defence I was on my way to an exam so I was pretty pressed for time, and the traffic was horrible and no one was fucking moving! :mad: Anyway I'm writing a letter in to them to ask them to waive it. They'll soon have my name on record to ignore all letters at this rate :rolleyes:

Tacticalkat
08-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh noes!
That sucks, surely they can cut some slack for exam students! Don't they understand how insane everyone gets around that time???!!!

Well I got up this morning and poured boiling water onto my cornflakes instead of in my tea.

Doh:) Good start!

_Ed_
09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Well I got up this morning and poured boiling water onto my cornflakes instead of in my tea.
Superb. I often do stuff like that. I assume the cornflakes were a write-off?

Have fun!
I am, thanks. :happy: Auckland is sorely lacking when it comes to bars that brew their own delicious beer. I have beer-brewing-bar envy.

It's fucking cold today though. I can feel the wind blowing between my ribs. Had to retreat into an internet cafe. I'm keeping the promise I made to myself to stay away from Facebook the whole time I'm here though. I'm proud of myself. :happy:

Michelle
09-11-2009, 12:50 AM

:LOL: I do things more like opening the fridge and forgetting what I was going in there for.

I am, thanks. :happy: Auckland is sorely lacking when it comes to bars that brew their own delicious beer. I have beer-brewing-bar envy.

It's fucking cold today though. I can feel the wind blowing between my ribs. Had to retreat into an internet cafe. I'm keeping the promise I made to myself to stay away from Facebook the whole time I'm here though. I'm proud of myself. :happy:

Good to hear! :)

The weather isn't so great up here today, showers and wind. So your not missing out on spectacular weather up here.

Tacticalkat
09-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Superb. I often do stuff like that. I assume the cornflakes were a write-off?

Oh yes, they most definitely were a write off, they squealed and sizzled like nothing i've ever heard before!!!

Good to hear that you are out and about and not wasting your holiday on facebook!
Have looads of fun!

_Ed_
09-11-2009, 10:48 PM
http://www.nzpaimages.co.nz/previews//200911/73574_5

Michelle
10-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Go easy John... :erm:

lensip max
10-11-2009, 07:18 AM
:erm::erm:

There's just nothing else to say about that...

Fail weather is fail. We've got a fire tonight.

darkshineskitty
10-11-2009, 09:37 AM

I'm just going to say what every one is thinking: John Key's crotch is far too close to that pole.

Tacticalkat
11-11-2009, 08:33 AM
....... tumbleweed.........

:)

How is everyone? I just found out that there is a roller disco in Mt Wellington. A roller disco! With roller skates! A bunch of people from my work are going on Friday, I might have to check it out!

JoBear
11-11-2009, 08:35 AM
that sounds awesome!

we're watching a cricket dvd. going to the mexican cafe tomorrow for dinner. last day at my real work for 2 weeks. not having to deal with customers is going to be a good change.

Tacticalkat
11-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Oh wicked! That sounds like fun! Have a margarita for me!
What are you doing instead of real work?

JoBear
11-11-2009, 08:50 AM
user testing! we've got a new version of our computer system coming out soon so i'm spending the two weeks checking if it works as it should. probably be really dull after a couple hours!

Tacticalkat
11-11-2009, 09:55 PM
user testing! we've got a new version of our computer system coming out soon so i'm spending the two weeks checking if it works as it should. probably be really dull after a couple hours!

Hhaah awesome! At least it will be a change, and if you get sick of it you can look forward to your normal work again!

I can't believe how many firework injuries we have had in the last week, it's insane. The pictures should be shown to teenagers, make them think twice!!!

lensip max
11-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I got burnt by fireworks when I was 4.

I grabbed one because it looked so pretty :facepalm: :LOL:

My life is made of fail lately. But on the bright side I've put pictures up on my walls again.

lensip max
11-11-2009, 10:00 PM
How is everyone? I just found out that there is a roller disco in Mt Wellington. A roller disco! With roller skates! A bunch of people from my work are going on Friday, I might have to check it out!:eek: AWESOME :D

Tacticalkat
11-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I got burnt by fireworks when I was 4.

I grabbed one because it looked so pretty :facepalm: :LOL:

My life is made of fail lately. But on the bright side I've put pictures up on my walls again.

Ouch! That's awful! Yeah we had a guy the other night who is suffering because his friend is an idiot.
His friend lit it, then kicked it over, and it went up this guy's tshirt sleeve, and went off in his arm. Down to the muslce, it's a total mess. He's been to theatre three times in a week so far, because his friend was a dick.

The roller disco is something I really want to go to, but I've got two of my friends coming over for a movie night, so I can only go if they want to.

Yay for pics on your walls :)

_Ed_
11-11-2009, 11:06 PM
The roller disco is something I really want to go to, but I've got two of my friends coming over for a movie night, so I can only go if they want to.
Who wouldn't want to go to a roller disco?

Seriously, a roller disco!

lensip max
11-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Ouch! That's awful! Yeah we had a guy the other night who is suffering because his friend is an idiot.
His friend lit it, then kicked it over, and it went up this guy's tshirt sleeve, and went off in his arm. Down to the muslce, it's a total mess. He's been to theatre three times in a week so far, because his friend was a dick.

Yay for pics on your walls :):yesey: James Jean ftw baby.

That sounds horrible... I'm so glad I got off so lightly.

And ofc they'll want to go! How could anyone not?

Tacticalkat
11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I know!!! A roller disco!!!

The only other thing is getting there. Since none of us has more than a restricted. But I'm sure that could be solved.
I just have to sell it to them. Seriously though. A ROLLER DISCO!!!!

And a couple of the guys from work were around for the original roller discos, and they said they can DANCE with their skates on! DANCING ROLLER DISCO!
I believe that calls for a :awesome: face!

Edit: I just looked up James Jean, expecting some kind of man hunk. But they look awesome!

darkshineskitty
12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
I know!!! A roller disco!!!

The only other thing is getting there. Since none of us has more than a restricted. But I'm sure that could be solved.
I just have to sell it to them. Seriously though. A ROLLER DISCO!!!!

And a couple of the guys from work were around for the original roller discos, and they said they can DANCE with their skates on! DANCING ROLLER DISCO!
I believe that calls for a :awesome: face!

Edit: I just looked up James Jean, expecting some kind of man hunk. But they look awesome!

Kat, you better go to that roller disco. I can't even skate and I would go.

I'm finished with exams :awesome: Holidaaaaays. Now I just need someone to employ me. Sent a bunch of CVs off online last night. Fingers crossed! In the meantime I think I'll just enjoy the sunshine :happy:

_Ed_
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm finished with exams :awesome: Holidaaaaays. Now I just need someone to employ me. Sent a bunch of CVs off online last night. Fingers crossed! In the meantime I think I'll just enjoy the sunshine :happy:
Such a great feeling. Doing anything to celebrate?

Tacticalkat
12-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Kat, you better go to that roller disco. I can't even skate and I would go.

Oooh congratulations!!!

Good luck with the job hunt!

I woke up with a migraine today, it's almost totally gone now so am enjoying the sun! :D
Rich are you home again?

_Ed_
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Migraines are awful. Good to hear it's gone!

Nope, I'm still in Christchurch - get home on Sunday. Just filling time until Jo and Oren finish work. We're Mexican Cafe-ing tonight, but I'd be keen for another Mexican Cafe night with Auckland moas soon after I get back. :)

darkshineskitty
12-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Such a great feeling. Doing anything to celebrate?

Just enjoying the day atm. And then having a party with friends on Friday :awesome:

Oooh congratulations!!!

Good luck with the job hunt!

I woke up with a migraine today, it's almost totally gone now so am enjoying the sun! :D
Rich are you home again?

Thank you! Just got an email from Bond+Bond turning down my application. Which is crazy because they've been hard out advertising for Christmas temps on bus stops, websites, even stencils on the footpath! But I still have an application at Farmers that is being processed.

_Ed_
12-11-2009, 12:59 AM
But I still have an application at Farmers that is being processed.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FjCRyW32jpA/Sj9J0alttpI/AAAAAAAABFE/sw39iLk4NIQ/s400/fingers-crossed.jpg

Tacticalkat
12-11-2009, 01:16 AM

Nope, I'm still in Christchurch - get home on Sunday. Just filling time until Jo and Oren finish work. We're Mexican Cafe-ing tonight, but I'd be keen for another Mexican Cafe night with Auckland moas soon after I get back. :)

Oh yuss that's right Jo did say that, excuse my befuddled brain!

YAAAAAY Mexican Moas Do Margaritas =)
It will be great!

Just enjoying the day atm. And then having a party with friends on Friday :awesome:

Thank you! Just got an email from Bond+Bond turning down my application. Which is crazy because they've been hard out advertising for Christmas temps on bus stops, websites, even stencils on the footpath! But I still have an application at Farmers that is being processed.

Ohhhhh good luck, my friend works at Farmers, she gets loads of make up testers :D

Tacticalkat

It will be great!

Ohhhhh good luck, my friend works at Farmers, she gets loads of make up testers :D

Tacticalkat

It will be great!

_Ed_
12-11-2009, 01:21 AM
It will be great!
:yesey:
I am looking forward to it.

But now I'm off to have a walk in the sun. Hope you all have a good rest of the day. :)

Michelle
12-11-2009, 02:55 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FjCRyW32jpA/Sj9J0alttpI/AAAAAAAABFE/sw39iLk4NIQ/s400/fingers-crossed.jpg

I have been out in the sun today too, just the backyard though :rolleyes: It was too nice to stay inside. I at least looked at my assignment stuff yesterday afternoon though.

I hope the weather will be good next week so I can go look for the Kokako released in the Waitaks.

Tacticalkat
12-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I had my second boxing class tonight, I realised that she must have been going sooo easy on us last week because tonight felt like she was trying to kill me!!!!
It was fun, but I am going to hurt tomorrow!

JoBear
12-11-2009, 08:42 AM
in contrast, my kickfit class last night was easier than normal! despite both backwards and forward roundhouse kicks.

Tacticalkat
12-11-2009, 08:44 AM
in contrast, my kickfit class last night was easier than normal! despite both backwards and forward roundhouse kicks.

Wooah! Does that mean they are making it easier, or that you're getting better at it?

How was the mexican cafe?

JoBear
12-11-2009, 09:00 AM
well the usual instructor fucked up her knee so can't take the high impact classes at the moment so we've had a different one for two of my classes. but i think its all getting easier the more i do it, i remember couple of classes i had trouble walking the next day!

it was good. too much food though! delicious margaritas. :)

darkshineskitty
12-11-2009, 10:03 AM

Oh reeeeeally? That would be awesome for me because I don't buy a lot of make-up.

well the usual instructor fucked up her knee so can't take the high impact classes at the moment so we've had a different one for two of my classes. but i think its all getting easier the more i do it, i remember couple of classes i had trouble walking the next day!

it was good. too much food though! delicious margaritas. :)

The food there is sooooo good.

Sad times, I realised today that I only have 40 bucks of my birthday money left. I have no idea where the rest of it went- I didn't even spend anything on clothes like I was intending too. Somehow my life is a black hole when it comes to money.
On the plus side, I'm playing Scribblenauts :happy:

JoBear
12-11-2009, 10:03 AM
i want scribblenauts.

darkshineskitty
12-11-2009, 10:21 AM
i want scribblenauts.

Do it do it do it
The Kraken is my favourite object so far :happy:

JoBear
12-11-2009, 10:22 AM
just waiting and hoping for christmas although i will be hinting to my parents to just give me money.

darkshineskitty
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
just waiting and hoping for christmas although i will be hinting to my parents to just give me money.

Then you can buy it and enjoy the fun times :happy: Or you could get it from other means.

JoBear
12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
nah money from my parents is just to go into my savings. i never buy anything nice for myself, other than the occasional underwear temptation.

darkshineskitty
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
nah money from my parents is just to go into my savings. i never buy anything nice for myself, other than the occasional underwear temptation.

Oh go on, this is Scribblenauts! Have you played Professor Layton?

JoBear
12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
nah i've only played nintendogs, gta and sonic rush adventure on my DS. saw sim 2 was on special at the warehouse for it and keep meaning to look up reviews...which i will do right now.

darkshineskitty
12-11-2009, 10:44 AM
nah i've only played nintendogs, gta and sonic rush adventure on my DS. saw sim 2 was on special at the warehouse for it and keep meaning to look up reviews...which i will do right now.

Jo, I am telling you this as a friend and someone who cares about the quality of the gaming you enjoy... you must play Professor Layton! If you like puzzle solving and thinking things through then the activities are perfect, and the animation and sound is really top notch. It's probably the best animation I've ever seen on a Nintendo handheld.

JoBear
12-11-2009, 10:46 AM
i really want games that really use the touch screen, since that's the whole point of the DS. but after i finished GTA and loved that so much, not sure any other game could live up to that.

darkshineskitty
12-11-2009, 10:52 AM
i really want games that really use the touch screen, since that's the whole point of the DS. but after i finished GTA and loved that so much, not sure any other game could live up to that.

Professor Layton is pretty touch screen based. It uses the touch screen to move around, enter answers, draw on screens to work out things, and use the stylus to move things around within a puzzle or to select choices. It definitely uses the touch screen a lot. But if you want something really touch screen based, you should try The World Ends With You. That uses the touch screen for everything, and even the battle system is touch screen. I don't know if you know much about it but basically you do different action on the touch screen such as swiping sideways, swiping up and down, tapping or even drawing circles, and it does different attacks. But I recommend investing in a screen protector before you play it :LOL:. I got mine from JB Hi Fi and it came with 3 styluses, and they made playing it much more enjoyable because you do use the touch screen frantically. The art for that game is also incredible as its set in a very hip area of Tokyo, and the soundtrack is excellent, with full real-life pop songs rather than polyphonic songs. Have a look at it on Gamespot.com :happy:

JoBear
12-11-2009, 08:56 PM
i was looking at it on metacritic just yesterday actually as its one of the top 5 games.

Tacticalkat
13-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Man I don't know about any of these games!! I must have been living under a rock! We have touch screens at work, the novelty has worn off now, but when I started there, oh man did I love to play with the computer and the drug machine (it's a fingerprint system) :awesome:

darkshineskitty
13-11-2009, 11:28 AM
i was looking at it on metacritic just yesterday actually as its one of the top 5 games.

Yeah you should definitely give that one a go- it's really fun and the storyline is good, and it will take you a while to finish it.

oh man did I love to play with the computer and the drug machine (it's a fingerprint system) :awesome:

This machine sounds intriguing

Me Rug I Sty
14-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Anyone watching the all whites game tonight?

lensip max
14-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Anyone watching the all whites game tonight?I just did on delayed coverage.

I saw my brother in a close up in the crowd, so I taped the final moments to tease him about later.

Tacticalkat
14-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I just did on delayed coverage.

I saw my brother in a close up in the crowd, so I taped the final moments to tease him about later.

Aw that's awesome! I love unexpectedly seeing people you know on tv!

I didn't watch it, had a family outing to the movies (always a palavar) and saw 2012. It was the most cheesy over the top thing I have ever seen. At one point it was so so ridiculous that I had tears of laughter runnning down my cheeks and the whole theatre was in an uproar.
The effects were incredible, so I would reccommend it but not with too high expectations or anything! It was very funny!

Michelle
15-11-2009, 01:11 AM
I didn't watch it, had a family outing to the movies (always a palavar) and saw 2012. It was the most cheesy over the top thing I have ever seen. At one point it was so so ridiculous that I had tears of laughter runnning down my cheeks and the whole theatre was in an uproar.
The effects were incredible, so I would reccommend it but not with too high expectations or anything! It was very funny!

:LOL: Sounds entertaining. The review I saw gave it 4/5 stars and said it had everything a blockbuster disaster movie should have, were they right?

I watched 'the boat that rocked' last night. It wasn't bad, got a few giggles out of it.