PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Michelle
22-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Ah well not long til your finished.

I'm getting hungry too, but I think I'll just go to bed soon and hopefully get up early-ish in the morning to go shopping for some food and then do my assignment.

JoBear
22-10-2009, 09:40 AM
just wish shortie would kill off the pointless characters, like the whole jefferies family.

aqua class was good, you basically just run and jump and kick and punch in the water. my abs hurt a bit tonight from it actually! its good because its low impact because when i jump around in cardio or kickfit class i do my knees in.

Michelle
22-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh cool, sounds fun and like you got a good work out.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,26244142-10229,00.html?referrer=email&source=eDM_newspulse
:LOL:

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 09:46 AM
That is hilarious! :LOL:

JoBear
22-10-2009, 09:53 AM
it's so giant!

darkshineskitty
22-10-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't hate armageddon, I think it's awesome and fun! That's why I'm going!

You can watch that guys profile and see whether he suddenly becomes 'single' any time soon :p.

Well good! :LOL:

At one point my feet were at the same height as my head

:stunned: :LOL:

Why is One News doing a story about a new John Safran show? Slow news day. And they called him 'Australia's most controversial Jewish comedian.' I wonder who the other controversial Jewish comedians are? I like the anchor though, he makes funny asides. Just now he was like 'tomorrow on breakfast there's the Entrepreneur of the Year... that should be interesting ". And before when they did a segment on some sports fans riotously celebrating a win he said something like 'they seem pleased'.

My ulcer still hurts so bad. I rolled onto my stomach this morning to pick up my phone and my pillow pressed onto my lip, and it hurt so much! :supersad:

JoBear
22-10-2009, 09:58 AM
did he finally manage to get another show off the ground?

darkshineskitty
22-10-2009, 10:00 AM
did he finally manage to get another show off the ground?

John Safran's Interracial Relations

Michelle
22-10-2009, 10:04 AM
My ulcer still hurts so bad. I rolled onto my stomach this morning to pick up my phone and my pillow pressed onto my lip, and it hurt so much! :supersad:

Oww :( Hope it gets better soon! Ulcers suck, I'm glad I haven't had one for ages.

darkshineskitty
22-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Oww :( Hope it gets better soon! Ulcers suck, I'm glad I haven't had one for ages.

I'm really worried that its going to become infected or something because it really hurts, and it looks more like a blister than an ulcer. Usually they feel really big but are actually only small things, but this one is something fierce. Yeah, I just shared that with you all.

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I didn't know that! Unexpected. But that explains a few things.

Work has been fun tonight actually. One of the news directors that we have to listen to when we're doing the news has this awful voice and is really annoying, and one of my workmates found her on Facebook and she happens to have a public profile. Hilarity has ensued. :LOL:

Hahah oh Why on earth do people have public profiles? But I love them for it, spying on them without even having to add them, fantastic!

Yeah. That article also said Muse don't have a passionate fanbase. We'll show them.

And who lights a glow stick? Honestly.

Heh, not passionate. Bloody hell!

just wish shortie would kill off the pointless characters, like the whole jefferies family.

aqua class was good, you basically just run and jump and kick and punch in the water. my abs hurt a bit tonight from it actually! its good because its low impact because when i jump around in cardio or kickfit class i do my knees in.

It sounds awesome! I want to try it because I am pretty much useless at exercise because I fail at the instructions!

Me and my two climbing mates have been having a 'plank' off. I was the best the first night but tonight I sucked, and now it hurts to breathe. Haha, got to love those muscles you never knew you had!
You can watch that guys profile and see whether he suddenly becomes 'single' any time soon :p.

Well good! :LOL:

:stunned: :LOL:

Two words. Medigel, and bonjella.

Having had braces for over 4 years, I can sympathise. I had pretty much constant ulcers for over a year, they were so bad that I actually have permanent dents in my lips where they were. Could NOT get rid of them.

I prefer medigel to bonjella but seriously get some of that on it!

Aw I thought I quoted your post Michelle, I love your MOA ideas, I want to be able to find you guys in the crowd!

darkshineskitty
22-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Hahah oh Why on earth do people have public profiles? But I love them for it, spying on them without even having to add them, fantastic!

Me and my two climbing mates have been having a 'plank' off. I was the best the first night but tonight I sucked, and now it hurts to breathe. Haha, got to love those muscles you never knew you had!

Two words. Medigel, and bonjella.
Having had braces for over 4 years, I can sympathise. I had pretty much constant ulcers for over a year, they were so bad that I actually have permanent dents in my lips where they were. Could NOT get rid of them.
I prefer medigel to bonjella but seriously get some of that on it!

:LOL: yeah, I would never put my profile on public, but I love to facebook snoop on people who do :LOL:

What's a 'plank off'? :erm:

We don't have any atm, might buy some tomorrow. But I know that will sting like a bitch! I mean it hurts on regular ulcers, but this will be like the equivalent of just jabbing it with a knife or something. Not looking forward to that.

I like the idea of having some sort of secret signifier amongst us Moas :ninja: A meet would be fun but it isn't sneaky enough :LOL:

JoBear
22-10-2009, 10:19 AM
oh kat, i am the most unco person. even in the water tonight, anytime i have to alternate different arms and legs i do the same fucking one. but i have a lot of fun doing it and usually its the same instructor so she just laughs and me and my friend being stupid. if you can laugh at yourself too its okay!

darkshineskitty
22-10-2009, 10:22 AM
anytime i have to alternate different arms and legs i do the same fucking one.

:LOL: Jo <3

JoBear
22-10-2009, 10:25 AM
the kick your right leg and touch it with your left arm...never works. great thing about the water is most people can't see you're doing it wrong.

we occasionally look up dodgy customers on facebook or bebo. i certainly would never have profiles like that public!

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 10:29 AM
:LOL: yeah, I would never put my profile on public, but I love to facebook snoop on people who do :LOL:

What's a 'plank off'? :erm:

We don't have any atm, might buy some tomorrow. But I know that will sting like a bitch! I mean it hurts on regular ulcers, but this will be like the equivalent of just jabbing it with a knife or something. Not looking forward to that.

I like the idea of having some sort of secret signifier amongst us Moas :ninja: A meet would be fun but it isn't sneaky enough :LOL:

It stings at the beginning but it's well worth the numbness. Mouth issues are the WORST>

A plank is a stretch for your ab and core muscles, you lean on your elbows and on your toews (like doing a push up but on your elbows) and then you hold that for as long as you can and it KILLS your stomach area but it's really good for you.
And it's where my weakest musles are and to be able to climb on the roof you need them strong to hold you on the wall, so my friends and I are competing to see who can do the longest ones =)

oh kat, i am the most unco person. even in the water tonight, anytime i have to alternate different arms and legs i do the same fucking one. but i have a lot of fun doing it and usually its the same instructor so she just laughs and me and my friend being stupid. if you can laugh at yourself too its okay!

oh good, that makes me feel better haha! I'm so bad that even when the instructer is telling me what stretch to do they are like "no you're doing it wrong. It's backwards. No, still wrong. " and have to put me in the postion, and then by the next session I have forgotten hoe to do it and we have to go through it all again.

darkshineskitty
22-10-2009, 10:30 AM
A plank is a stretch for your ab and core muscles, you lean on your elbows and on your toews (like doing a push up but on your elbows) and then you hold that for as long as you can and it KILLS your stomach area but it's really good for you.
And it's where my weakest musles are and to be able to climb on the roof you need them strong to hold you on the wall, so my friends and I are competing to see who can do the longest ones =)

oh good, that makes me feel better haha! I'm so bad that even when the instructer is telling me what stretch to do they are like "no you're doing it wrong. It's backwards. No, still wrong. " and have to put me in the postion, and then by the next session I have forgotten hoe to do it and we have to go through it all again.

Oh okay, I thought it had something to do with the whole 'my feet were at the same level as my head' scenario you described earlier :LOL:

That is the story of my life, but with cashing up :LOL: I always forget how to do it.

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Hhahaha, no that is a skill all of my own! And I am not even sure how it happens, but it's often! :LOL:

I have to go to bed! Tomorrow is my early start (5:30) grumble grumble) but somehow I am still here.....

Michelle
22-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm really worried that its going to become infected or something because it really hurts, and it looks more like a blister than an ulcer. Usually they feel really big but are actually only small things, but this one is something fierce. Yeah, I just shared that with you all.

If you get a helpful pharmacist while looking for the gels, get them to have a look at it. Surely they'll be able to tell you how nasty it is.

I never put anything on mine though because I didn't like bonjella as a kid, I was such a fuss. I would probably use it now if I got a bad one. I started getting heaps near the end on my flute career on my bottom lip, it was weird.

Aw I thought I quoted your post Michelle, I love your MOA ideas, I want to be able to find you guys in the crowd!

Don't worry, we'll find each other. I'll keep a look out for neat stuff like blow up moas over summer. My only worry is we won't be able to take stuff in :rolleyes: Meh, I'll just stuff in the back of pants.

You want something sneaky? Ok, umm, well I don't have ideas for that :LOL: But feel free to sneak up on us. Front row, with glow sticks and shit, maybe a MUSE sticker on my cheek if it hasn't sweated off, not hard to miss :LOL:

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 10:35 AM
A moa t shirt? :D

Michelle
22-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I have to go to bed! Tomorrow is my early start (5:30) grumble grumble) but somehow I am still here.....

Oh harsh. I thought I'd be in bed by 11 but I'm still here too :rolleyes:

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 10:41 AM
AND we are over 1000 posts already!

Right I'm doing it. I'm going to bed. I always feel like I've missed out when I get on the board the next day and see all the night time posts!!!

Night guys, hope you all have a great Friday!

Michelle
22-10-2009, 10:43 AM
A moa t shirt? :D

I'd love a moa t-shirt. One of our ideas for a t-shirt for the last gigs was 'supermassive moa' and our moa gig poster on the back, but we didn't get rounf to making them. I simple moa figure would be pretty awesome though.

Michelle
22-10-2009, 10:47 AM
AND we are over 1000 posts already!

Right I'm doing it. I'm going to bed. I always feel like I've missed out when I get on the board the next day and see all the night time posts!!!

Night guys, hope you all have a great Friday!

I felt that way when I first joined the board but had to get to bed early for uni. Night time posts are fun though, my night contribution got better when I finally had internet in my room to sit in bed with my computer :LOL:

Anyway, night! Hope you have a good Friday too! :)

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I like the anchor though, he makes funny asides. Just now he was like 'tomorrow on breakfast there's the Entrepreneur of the Year... that should be interesting ". And before when they did a segment on some sports fans riotously celebrating a win he said something like 'they seem pleased'.
He's awesome. I think he's the best one on TV1, I don't know why they stick him on Tonight, which no one watches.

He makes me feel bad though. Because his little asides are never scripted, I can't put them in and so the deaf viewers (all 2 of them, probably) miss out on the brilliance.

Sorry to hear about your ulcer. Those are really nasty.

darkshineskitty
22-10-2009, 11:01 AM
If you get a helpful pharmacist while looking for the gels, get them to have a look at it. Surely they'll be able to tell you how nasty it is.

:LOL: oh the poor lady who has to do that

What about a Moa flag? Paint the Muse logo on one side, and a moa on the other, get a stick or wire to wave it with and suddenly we'll all know where the Moas are! :LOL:

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 11:03 AM
That sounds like a plan.

Michelle
22-10-2009, 11:18 AM
What about a Moa flag? Paint the Muse logo on one side, and a moa on the other, get a stick or wire to wave it with and suddenly we'll all know where the Moas are! :LOL:

I like this too. Who volunteers to stick the pole down there pants?

Michelle
22-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Ah well, good night moas :)

darkshineskitty
22-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Ah well, good night moas :)

Night Michelle :happy:

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Night Michelle!

It sounds like a whole bunch of my friends are going to the BDO after all. But I'm going to ditch them to join the Moas at the front of the D...they don't like Muse enough to miss other bands to get a good spot for them anyway, so they're not worth hanging around with. :phu:

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Night Michelle!

It sounds like a whole bunch of my friends are going to the BDO after all. But I'm going to ditch them to join the Moas at the front of the D...they don't like Muse enough to miss other bands to get a good spot for them anyway, so they're not worth hanging around with. :phu:

Hahahha I should think so too!

I think I would lose a flag. Probably leave it somewhere or something.......:D

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 01:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeI1OT6Y5Kw
Wow. :stunned:

It's a shame the BDO stages aren't big enough for those things.

Michelle
23-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Woah :stunned:

And overture!
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYn5XIYshdU&feature=player_embedded)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gerBElu3iGw&feature=channel)
Beautiful graphics :happy:

I hope we'll at least get some of the graphics, pretty lights and lasers!

cookie
23-10-2009, 09:28 AM

And overture!

Holy Cow those were epic and they went into SS. it'd be cool if they could use the scaffolding towers between the main stages at BDO for some similar effect.

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey, that's a really awesome idea.

cookie
23-10-2009, 09:46 AM
hope we get cave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8ukG8VLaI&feature=related) too

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Yes, but preferably not Unintended! :ninja:

cookie
23-10-2009, 10:00 AM
no unintended, no pashing

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 10:03 AM
That is true.

My main complaint is that I was hoping to see MK Ultra on the setlist, maybe even as an opener. Would be better than Uprising, in my opinion. And the fact that Matt may not have played the into to New Born concerns me.

cookie
23-10-2009, 10:06 AM
i think muse should rework some of their older stuff into live only versions. i like the way the offspring made a completely different piano version of Gone Away just for some recent gigs.

hypermusic / hyperchondriac music, was a great concept

cookie
23-10-2009, 10:09 AM
That is true.

My main complaint is that I was hoping to see MK Ultra on the setlist, maybe even as an opener. Would be better than Uprising, in my opinion. And the fact that Matt may not have played the into to New Born concerns me.
yea i definetly want MK Ultra too. im sure it'll pop up soon

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 10:10 AM
i think muse should rework some of their older stuff into live only versions. i like the way the offspring made a completely different piano version of Gone Away just for some recent gigs.

hypermusic / hyperchondriac music, was a great conceptThat's an interesting idea. What other songs do you think would be suitable for that kind of thing?

cookie
23-10-2009, 10:22 AM
i don't know, maybe the best of showbiz reworked as resistance era muse
sacrilege perhaps

darkshineskitty
23-10-2009, 11:47 AM

That's a really cool set design. I like the way the curtains came down because I thought that was all solid metal structure and I was wondering where they were going to come in from. I also notice its the new Museboard default skin :p

And overture!

Wow :stunned: That is seriously beautiful! And the things rise up and down! Amazing. Best set design ever! :happy: Exogenesis <3 I love the idea of splitting up the 3 parts and putting them scattered throughout the setlist, omg. Also, some of the youtube comments point out the guy sitting suspended right at the very top. Talk about the best seat in the house!

hypermusic / hyperchondriac music, was a great concept

Hyper Chondriac Music is <3

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 11:48 AM
That's a really cool set design. I like the way the curtains came down because I thought that was all solid metal structure and I was wondering where they were going to come in from.
Yeah, me too! I was quite taken aback.

I also notice its the new Museboard default skin :p
*has a look*

darkshineskitty
23-10-2009, 12:01 PM
*has a look*

:eyebrows:

Oh, I did it again, quoting people and then forgetting to actually say anything that doesn't have to do with a quote :LOL:

Well I went into uni today for drinks with friends. Was supposed to have a picnic in Albert Park with some people, but that didn't eventuate, so ended up joining the usual group up in Shadows instead which was uber fun. But so crowded! Heaps of people were there though, and I saw some people who I supposed to meet at the picnic so it was all good. Then we went to Albert Park and sat in the sun, and there were heaps of people there too!
We saw some guys having a hardout wrestle/tussle and one guy got his jeans ripped all the way up his legs so you could see his briefs :chuckle: He got his friend back by some how pulling his boxers up and then ripping the back into shreds. We were like :eek: and you could hear everyone in the park being like 'oooouch' :LOL:
Then had dinner at our usual Japanese place, and icecream because the movie we were going to see wasn't playing so we ended up at Time Out. My friend played one of those candy machines where you pick it up with the claw and it drops it onto a thing that pushes the candy closer, and you get like 5 turns. At the end she gave the machine a slight hit and another piece of candy fell down. So she hit it again. And again. And again :LOL: She kept knocking down more candy, and then we decided we'd better not push our luck. It ended up being a pretty good haul compared to how much she got without knocking others down.

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a good day. I didn't even try to go up to Shadows today - the crowds they get on the last day of a semester are just absurd. One year it took me 45 minutes to buy a drink. :stunned: So I bought two when I finally got there!

And yeah, so many people in Albert Park today! I don't think I've ever seen it that packed.

darkshineskitty
23-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Sounds like a good day. I didn't even try to go up to Shadows today - the crowds they get on the last day of a semester are just absurd. One year it took me 45 minutes to buy a drink. :stunned: So I bought two when I finally got there!

And yeah, so many people in Albert Park today! I don't think I've ever seen it that packed.

I really liked it, with everyone just kicking back in the sun and playing games and stuff. It was so chilled you know?

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, sounds great.

I'm off to bed now. Night! :)

darkshineskitty
23-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah, sounds great.

I'm off to bed now. Night! :)

Night :happy: Have a good day tomorrow!

Michelle
23-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Holy Cow those were epic and they went into SS. it'd be cool if they could use the scaffolding towers between the main stages at BDO for some similar effect.

Yeah, I'd love them to have something like that to project the images on. It's about time we have a chance to get spaced out on cool graphics.

hope we get cave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8ukG8VLaI&feature=related) too

+1.

Yes, but preferably not Unintended! :ninja:

Sunburn, Showbiz or Muscle Museum instead would be good. Or even just Bliss. I want Bliss :(

_Ed_
23-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I really want Bliss too.

darkshineskitty
24-10-2009, 04:18 AM
Exogenesis or gtfo

lensip max
24-10-2009, 04:36 AM
So it's been a while...

How are you all?

darkshineskitty
24-10-2009, 04:43 AM
So it's been a while...

How are you all?

LENNY!
We were wondering about you! How have you been? What's new with you?

lensip max
24-10-2009, 05:20 AM
LENNY!
We were wondering about you! How have you been? What's new with you?I had like a sickness-induced breakdown, and had to withdraw from uni, among other fun things...

But I'm okay now =)

Might be going to Canadia next year for like 6 months though, to like... go live at like an indigenous people of the world healing centre place though lol. If I do go I miss BDO though...

Anyway, you???

EDIT - omfg your avatar :LOL: <3

Michelle
24-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Exogenesis or gtfo

That too, of course :yesey:

I had like a sickness-induced breakdown, and had to withdraw from uni, among other fun things...

But I'm okay now =)

Might be going to Canadia next year for like 6 months though, to like... go live at like an indigenous people of the world healing centre place though lol. If I do go I miss BDO though...

Anyway, you???

Oh, sorry to hear that. Glad that your better now :)

Shame you might miss BDO, but being in Canada will be awesome, plus Muse will be going there anyway for you to go see them ;)

lensip max
24-10-2009, 05:53 AM

Shame you might miss BDO, but being in Canada will be awesome, plus Muse will be going there anyway for you to go see them ;)They are? :awesome:

And thanks :happy:

_Ed_
24-10-2009, 06:14 AM
:yesey:
My thoughts exactly.

darkshineskitty
24-10-2009, 06:34 AM
I had like a sickness-induced breakdown, and had to withdraw from uni, among other fun things...

But I'm okay now =)

Anyway, you???

Oh no, that's unfortunate. Good thing that you're better now though. You seemed to be unwell for a long time so it's good that you're well again at last. :happy:

Wow Canada, awesome! That would be heaps of fun. Ooh that healing place sounds interesting!

Would you be staying with family or is that healing place like a resort/retreat place too?

:LOL: thanks, I think you're the only person on the board who likes my avatar

Michelle
24-10-2009, 06:53 AM
They are? :awesome:

Yup, dates haven't been released yet, but they said they're heading back to the USA and Canada after BDO/March.

lensip max
24-10-2009, 07:28 AM
:yesey:
My thoughts exactly.:happy: thanks

Oh no, that's unfortunate. Good thing that you're better now though. You seemed to be unwell for a long time so it's good that you're well again at last. :happy:

Wow Canada, awesome! That would be heaps of fun. Ooh that healing place sounds interesting!

Would you be staying with family or is that healing place like a resort/retreat place too?Thanks :happy:

And yeah, one of my aunt's takes one of the... I have no idea, course/program thingies there or something. So I'd have family close even though I'd be one of the people undergoing the whole healing thing, and living at the retreaty place, rather than helping out haha.

:LOL: thanks, I think you're the only person on the board who likes my avatar:eek: But it's so awesome!

Yup, dates haven't been released yet, but they said they're heading back to the USA and Canada after BDO/March.Again with the awesome face. :awesome:

Tacticalkat
24-10-2009, 10:41 AM
:happy: thanks

And yeah, one of my aunt's takes one of the... I have no idea, course/program thingies there or something. So I'd have family close even though I'd be one of the people undergoing the whole healing thing, and living at the retreaty place, rather than helping out haha.

:eek: But it's so awesome!

Again with the awesome face. :awesome:

Sounds like it will be a great experience! So glad to hear that you are on the mend and hope that things start getting back on track for you!

Hope everyone's long weekend is going well! I am back from my trip up North earlier than expected due to some 'interesting' people that we met up there.

while at my friend's bach his current squeeze offered my friend and I and my 19 year old brother a little pill bottle. Horrified, I asked what it was : "oh just some MDMA and coke"
UM WTF!
I am not into that kind of thing and if others want to do it, hey, that's cool but she then went around the house offering it to the others, and I think this guy's 15 year old son might have been given some. I just felt really awkward so we just went to bed and got away this morning.
I just have no time for that kind of thing, and I didn't want my brother to be in that kind of environment so that was a huge downer! I didn't even really think we had a cocaine scene here!!!!!!

Ugh.

So we went to Wenderholme instead and ate fish and chips on the beach, and then had a movie night back home. Quiet, but nice. And safe. My friends and I weren't on pins all the time wondering if we were going to have to do any CPR.

JoBear
24-10-2009, 10:46 AM
i would've been the same. its not exactly drugs you would think someone would just offer up to anyone who wants it!

although that was how it was like in england. at leeds fest, people were doing cocaine off their car keys right beside me just sitting in front of the stage. and in bars and stuff anyone and everyone would offer it to you like it was candy. people were so blase about it, which i never really understood, especially when with my work i saw exactly how drug addiction ruined people's lives.

Tacticalkat
24-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I'm used to people smoking a bit of weed around me and whatever, but I think it was the way she was just so blase about it, real casual, and through further conversations it became apparent that it WAS the norm for her. Blah it was nasty.
And also because my friend and I both work in theatre, we tend to be a bit overimaginative and prepare for the worst as usual so we worked ourselves up a bit too!

If people want to do it go ahead but I'd rather they did it sneakily so I don't have to worry about them!!!!!!

_Ed_
24-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I would have felt the same way as well.

Tacticalkat
24-10-2009, 10:56 AM
How's your weekend going Rich? Did you get your new shoes?

I just watched Labyrinth, god that movie is awesome on so many levels!

Ludo :awesome: I love him.

But David Bowie's tight pants, man did they REALLY have to be so tight? They are obscene! :LOL:

JoBear
24-10-2009, 10:57 AM
my sister and i sing magic dance as magic pants.

_Ed_
24-10-2009, 11:03 AM
I did indeed get my new shoes.

Labyrinth = AWESOME.

My friend is housesitting for his sister, and I went to his place tonight. I managed to get lost on the way there - this was Beach Haven, which is right next to the suburb I live in. Embarrassing.

We watched a DVD of The League of Gentlemen. Absolutely hilarious show! Had never seen it before.

How was your trip north, apart from the unpleasantness?

Tacticalkat
24-10-2009, 11:14 AM
my sister and i sing magic dance as magic pants.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!
Oh man, the first time I watched it as a 'grown up' it was all I could see! Is it a sock? What IS that thing? Haaaaahaaa!

I did indeed get my new shoes.

Labyrinth = AWESOME.

My friend is housesitting for his sister, and I went to his place tonight. I managed to get lost on the way there - this was Beach Haven, which is right next to the suburb I live in. Embarrassing.

We watched a DVD of The League of Gentlemen. Absolutely hilarious show! Had never seen it before.

How was your trip north, apart from the unpleasantness?

Shoes! Explain.

I'm not surprised, Beach Haven is a BLACK HOLE that you just get sucked into. My brother lives there and I still get lost going to his house, it's like a vortex that sucks you in and you can't find the way out!

The League of Gentlemen? Is that the extraodinary leauge?

The bach was really nice, dinner was lovely, cooked in a pit in the ground, then we got on the drink, but I went to bed pretty early. Lazed on the deck in the sun all morning watching all the boats in the water, that was pretty epic, and it was just nice to see the sun! And to not have to be anywhere or do anything!

It's my brother's birthday tomorrow, I can't believe he's going to be 19!

What are you up to for the rest of the weekend?

_Ed_
24-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I just got a $30 pair of plain black shoes...bit boring, really. Comfortable at the moment, though.

The League of Gentlemen is a sketch comedy show. Very, very funny.

What's your brother doing to celebrate his birthday?

I don't really have any plans for the rest of the weekend. Work tomorrow, then probably uni stuff Monday.

Tacticalkat
24-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Comfort is so important!

I think we are going climbing tomorrow, and then having a family dinner tomorrow night and our climbing couple are coming. He's talking about having drinks next weekend.

And then armageddon on Monday ! :D Yaaay!

Oh I haven't heard of the sketch, thought you meant that movie and I couldn't remember it properly!

OH I got my assigment back today. We had 7 weeks to write it and I wrote it in about a day. Got 59%, so not a wow mark but I was just going for a pass, I hate this paper. Stoked!

_Ed_
24-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Awesome, well done. Passing papers you really hate is such a great feeling! And it's a pretty good effort to do it in a day.

Tacticalkat
24-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeha, this whole paper is a bit of a joke, to be honest. It was added to the Diploma while I was nearly half way through, and even though it was added so late my year still ended up having to do it!
So my year has had to do two extra papers than what we originally signed up for.

Grrr AUT.

And this one is a sort of tacked on nursey paper that doesn't really have much bearing on anything that we do at all. It's more the sort you would do as a special interest paper after you had graduated.

It was brought in really quickly too, so the assignment question didn't really make any sense and they had to re issue it twice and then write us a huge thing to clarify what exactly it was they wanted us to do. So to pass the assignment, I am stoked. Now just the exam and then only two papers left!!!!!!!!!

_Ed_
24-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Wow, that sounds like a pretty badly organised farce.

Tacticalkat
24-10-2009, 11:55 AM
It's just how AUT (U) :$ rolls!

I'm going to head to bed, too much sun today! Have a good day tomorrow, hope wprk goes quickly!

_Ed_
24-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks. Hope you have a good day too!

lensip max
24-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Sounds like it will be a great experience! So glad to hear that you are on the mend and hope that things start getting back on track for you!Thanks hun :kiss:

people were so blase about it, which i never really understood, especially when with my work i saw exactly how drug addiction ruined people's lives.Somebody I know who knows about my mum's 10 year heroin addiction offered me cocaine in her presence when I was 17 :facepalm:

I just watched Labyrinth, god that movie is awesome on so many levels!:awesome: I have that movie on DVD. I might watch it today.

my sister and i sing magic dance as magic pants.:LOL: my friend works at the embassy movie theatre in welly and before they got bought by skycity, they used to have labrynth nights. The staff would all be in hysterics up in the room with the projector at the size of bowie's package on that massive screen...

I just got a $30 pair of plain black shoes...bit boring, really. Comfortable at the moment, though.Comfortable shoes win.

I went for a walk on like Wednesday in stupid shoes. So now I have this open blister on the heel of my right foot the size of an old 50c coin and I have to walk on my tippy toes til it heals. Plus it's kind of creepy because it was so deep that like, there's kind of a hole in my foot now.

_Ed_
24-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Sounds really nasty! Hope it heals fast.

lensip max
24-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Haha me too. It feels so stupid that something that mundane can like, render me so useless. I couldn't even walk to the shops (about 800m from my house) the other day, so I couldn't eat :noey:

Plus of being at home ofc being the fridge. I had cheese on toast for breakfast :awesome:

Tacticalkat
25-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeha but blisters are evil! Especially those deep ones! You would be surprised at how many people we get who have to come in for debridements and skin grafts from blisters gone wrong!!!

So keep it clean!!

WTF about that person offering you drugs like that, are people really so ignorant? I guess so!

Woo I am just about to go and try on my new knee brace when I take the dog for a big walk! I need some new comfy walking shoes too!!!

EDIT: What is ofc? I'm sure I know this one!!!!

_Ed_
25-10-2009, 12:34 AM
I've never known for sure but always assumed it's 'of course'.

And yes, blisters are horrendous!

Hope the brace is comfy.

lensip max
25-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Yeha but blisters are evil! Especially those deep ones! You would be surprised at how many people we get who have to come in for debridements and skin grafts from blisters gone wrong!!!

So keep it clean!!Debridements? What are those?

I am being careful about infection though. Especially because it's on my heel. When I first dealt with it I was so worried I put undiluted dettol on it - I very nearly screamed :LOL:

WTF about that person offering you drugs like that, are people really so ignorant? I guess so!

Woo I am just about to go and try on my new knee brace when I take the dog for a big walk! I need some new comfy walking shoes too!!!

EDIT: What is ofc? I'm sure I know this one!!!!Yeah, pretty much.

Though if my mum hadn't been there I might have said yes... but I feel so weird about doing anything like that around my parents haha. They do stuff around me and always have - and still do - but like... the idea of me doing anything like that around them is sort of like... watching the rain fall upwards to the sky or something. Against the laws of reality.

Anyway, hope your walk is nice!

And ofc is, as rich said, of course :happy:

_Ed_
25-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah, the heel is pretty much the worst place to have them.

I don't know what debridements are...do you know what the worst thing about that is? I just looked it up in the dictionary two hours ago for a Shortland Street episode I'm doing at work, and now I've completely forgotten. :LOL:

Tacticalkat
25-10-2009, 01:11 AM
I've never known for sure but always assumed it's 'of course'.

And yes, blisters are horrendous!

Hope the brace is comfy.

So it wasn't a big a walk as I thought it would be :) But never mind. Braceis weird but sort of comfy. Pain is still a big factor but the brace did seem to hold it all together better and I felt that I could put more weight on it.

Debridements? What are those?

I am being careful about infection though. Especially because it's on my heel. When I first dealt with it I was so worried I put undiluted dettol on it - I very nearly screamed :LOL:

Yeah, pretty much.

Though if my mum hadn't been there I might have said yes... but I feel so weird about doing anything like that around my parents haha. They do stuff around me and always have - and still do - but like... the idea of me doing anything like that around them is sort of like... watching the rain fall upwards to the sky or something. Against the laws of reality.

Anyway, hope your walk is nice!

OF COURSE it's of course!!

Bloody hell you put undiluted detol on it? Yikes, you are one brave girl!!!! At least it will be clean now ahahahaha.

Yeah, the heel is pretty much the worst place to have them.

I don't know what debridements are...do you know what the worst thing about that is? I just looked it up in the dictionary two hours ago for a Shortland Street episode I'm doing at work, and now I've completely forgotten. :LOL:

Debridement:

Debridement is the medical removal of a patient's dead, damaged, or infected tissue to improve the healing potential of the remaining healthy tissue. Removal may be surgical, mechanical, chemical, autolytic (self-digestion), and by maggot therapy, where certain species of live maggots selectively eat only necrotic tissue.

So basically they cut away all the crappy stuff and then either leave it open, seal it with a vaccuum dressing or use skin grafts to encourage it to heal.

_Ed_
25-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Well, there you go. Thanks for clearing that up.

Eww, maggot therapy.

Tacticalkat
25-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Hahah ew, I know, my friend at Middlemore actually had a guy who came in for a debridement but when they pulled of the bandages his legs were festering and full of maggots.:vomit:

He was a street person who had been treated orignally and then gone straight back to the streets or whatever and not taken his antibiotics and obviously not showered or anything and they just festered.
I think they just showered them off and re dressed it. Bleeauggghhhh

_Ed_
25-10-2009, 01:27 AM
:stunned:
Actually, thanks for that! I don't have time to go and get lunch today, and I was starting to feel a bit hungry. That problem has been solved. :LOL:

_Ed_
25-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Just remembered a funny joke from the League of Gentlemen show we watched last night. It works better as a spoken joke, but it's worth a shot...

Why is Panadol hard to find in the jungle?
Cos the parrots eat 'em all.

:chuckle:

Tacticalkat
25-10-2009, 02:18 AM
:stunned:
Actually, thanks for that! I don't have time to go and get lunch today, and I was starting to feel a bit hungry. That problem has been solved. :LOL:

OMG sorry! I forget other people might not want to hear that stuff!

Just remembered a funny joke from the League of Gentlemen show we watched last night. It works better as a spoken joke, but it's worth a shot...

BAAHHH! :D It took me too long to get that, I had to say it out loud, hahahahaha!

lensip max
25-10-2009, 04:18 AM
So it wasn't a big a walk as I thought it would be :) But never mind. Braceis weird but sort of comfy. Pain is still a big factor but the brace did seem to hold it all together better and I felt that I could put more weight on it.

OF COURSE it's of course!!Ofc :happy:

Glad you could put more weight on it, though sorry it still hurts.

Bloody hell you put undiluted detol on it? Yikes, you are one brave girl!!!! At least it will be clean now ahahahaha. It was looking pretty scary at the time :LOL: And given that 4 years ago I ended up with this sack of purple blood and pus the size of a golf ball hanging off my knee I wasn't taking any chances :ninja:

Debridement:

Debridement is the medical removal of a patient's dead, damaged, or infected tissue to improve the healing potential of the remaining healthy tissue. Removal may be surgical, mechanical, chemical, autolytic (self-digestion), and by maggot therapy, where certain species of live maggots selectively eat only necrotic tissue.

So basically they cut away all the crappy stuff and then either leave it open, seal it with a vaccuum dressing or use skin grafts to encourage it to heal.... I think I kind of sort of debrided it myself then :erm:...

Hahah ew, I know, my friend at Middlemore actually had a guy who came in for a debridement but when they pulled of the bandages his legs were festering and full of maggots.:vomit:

He was a street person who had been treated orignally and then gone straight back to the streets or whatever and not taken his antibiotics and obviously not showered or anything and they just festered.
I think they just showered them off and re dressed it. BleeauggghhhhGrosssss.

But I like gross stories like that :LOL:

:chuckle::LOL: Ba dum tish.

JoBear
25-10-2009, 05:02 AM
we've got a giant moa in for your visit richard! a moa magnum in fact.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/moa-4.jpg

oren's :awesome: face

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/moa2.jpg

lensip max
25-10-2009, 05:17 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/moa2.jpg:awesome:

_Ed_
25-10-2009, 05:20 AM

This has made my day.

JoBear
25-10-2009, 05:22 AM
1500mL! we even went and got proper beer glasses in. we'll have to go down to freshchoice and check out some of their craft beers. the craft beer store we used to go to closed down randomly. wasn't even there that long!

_Ed_
25-10-2009, 05:24 AM
1500? Crikey, that's a lot of beer.

And ooh, proper glasses. This is going to be a very pleasurable experience.

Michelle
25-10-2009, 07:42 AM

That is just perfect. So :awesome:

lensip max
25-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Alone we are born
And die alone;
Yet see the red-gold cirrus
Over snow mountain shine.

Upon the Upland Road
Ride easy, stranger:
Surrender to the sky
Your heart of anger.

Just because it's stuck in my head and is beautiful.

Plus it was his anniversary a couple of days ago.

And this is the NZ thread.

And I feel like spamming :p

darkshineskitty
25-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I just watched Labyrinth, god that movie is awesome on so many levels!
Ludo :awesome: I love him.
But David Bowie's tight pants, man did they REALLY have to be so tight? They are obscene! :LOL:

http://ivealwaysbeenhere.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/6a00e55396b685883301053721a61a970b-800wi.jpg

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!
Oh man, the first time I watched it as a 'grown up' it was all I could see! Is it a sock? What IS that thing? Haaaaahaaa!

It's my brother's birthday tomorrow, I can't believe he's going to be 19!

It's all Bowie, baby! ;)

It's my birthday on Tuesday :awesome:

I always thought it was 'of-fucking-course'

_Ed_
25-10-2009, 11:18 AM
http://ivealwaysbeenhere.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/6a00e55396b685883301053721a61a970b-800wi.jpg
It's worse than I remembered!

Tacticalkat
25-10-2009, 11:48 AM

It's all Bowie, baby! ;)

It's my birthday on Tuesday :awesome:

I always thought it was 'of-fucking-course'

ARGGGGGH!!! It's a monsterrrrr!

Yay for your birthday! Are you doing anything special?

lensip max
25-10-2009, 09:30 PM
:eek:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW!!! :kiss::party::dance::awesome::kiss::party::kiss:

Because I won't have internet then.

So as of today it's allegedly warm enough to go swimming in the ocean. I'm going to try later this week :D

darkshineskitty
26-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Yay for your birthday! Are you doing anything special?

Doing my assignment :awesome:
No really, I have an assignment due tomorrow that I need to finish :(. It's my creative writing portfolio, so that's okay, but I have to do the multimedia part and I really hate the idea that I've come up with but it's far too late to change. So I'm just going for a pass mark on that bit and then to knock 'em dead with my screenplay :awesome:

Woo, went to Armageddon yesterday! It was totally cool- met up with a bunch of friends and we saw the Robot Chicken panel. Seth Green is so cute and short. One guy asked if he could hug everyone and he was so excited when they said yes. He hugged Seth Green and literally lifted him up off the ground, so Seth wrapped his legs around his waist and the guy was suddenly holding his whole weight :LOL:
I saw heaps of cosplayers too and got photos with them :awesome: I was stupidly excited when I saw people cosplaying as my favourite anime :D I went dressed as Misty from Pokemon and a few people liked my outfit. I didn't buy anything other than food and drink but it was still fun to look around. We also saw an icecream eating contest, and part of a Tekken tournament. Usually I'm not that huge of a Tekken fan but seeing top international players battle it out on huge screens is pretty exciting, especially with the crowd booing and cheering :LOL: Fun day overall, and my friends and I are now totally itching to do a hard out group cosplay next year :happy:

Thanks Lenny :happy: :kiss:

Edit: Okay I just checked out of curiosity, and apparently Seth Green is 5' 4' :stunned:
To put that in perspective, Bells is an average 5' 7', while our often-teased friend from over the Tasman Rove is just under him at 5' 6'

JoBear
26-10-2009, 01:26 AM
yeah when he was on rove on friday i looked up how tall he was as he was way shorter than rove. he's just taller than me!

i should be doing my assignment too but i'm helping oren bake.

don't want to do anything work related as i know i'm going to get told off at work tomorrow for some underwriting i did.

lensip max
26-10-2009, 09:13 AM
I wish I was shorter. Being tall makes me feel so self-conscious because I stick out. Literally :noey:

I have officially overstayed my welcome at Mum's. Turns out she thought that my coming with her this weekend was a statement of me moving back in. No no no no no no no no no.

I can't live here. I eat like crap and muck around in a kind of haze of tv watching and internet surfing because there is absolutely nothing to do, unless you feel like walking through farmland for hours, and I've been there and done that.

Tacticalkat
26-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Doing my assignment :awesome:
No really, I have an assignment due tomorrow that I need to finish :(. It's my creative writing portfolio, so that's okay, but I have to do the multimedia part and I really hate the idea that I've come up with but it's far too late to change. So I'm just going for a pass mark on that bit and then to knock 'em dead with my screenplay :awesome:

Woo, went to Armageddon yesterday! It was totally cool- met up with a bunch of friends and we saw the Robot Chicken panel. Seth Green is so cute and short. One guy asked if he could hug everyone and he was so excited when they said yes. He hugged Seth Green and literally lifted him up off the ground, so Seth wrapped his legs around his waist and the guy was suddenly holding his whole weight :LOL:
I saw heaps of cosplayers too and got photos with them :awesome: I was stupidly excited when I saw people cosplaying as my favourite anime :D I went dressed as Misty from Pokemon and a few people liked my outfit. I didn't buy anything other than food and drink but it was still fun to look around. We also saw an icecream eating contest, and part of a Tekken tournament. Usually I'm not that huge of a Tekken fan but seeing top international players battle it out on huge screens is pretty exciting, especially with the crowd booing and cheering :LOL: Fun day overall, and my friends and I are now totally itching to do a hard out group cosplay next year :happy:

Thanks Lenny :happy: :kiss:

Edit: Okay I just checked out of curiosity, and apparently Seth Green is 5' 4' :stunned:
To put that in perspective, Bells is an average 5' 7', while our often-teased friend from over the Tasman Rove is just under him at 5' 6'

YUS! I went to Armageddon today, it was great!!! So much fun, I love all the people dressed up in costumes and milling around, I just admire them and think those cosplayers are so brave to get up on stage and do those skits and stuff. I didn't realise that their cotumes are nearly all hand made, hand painted and hand stiched, that it pretty amazing!

I got a picture taken with some storm troopers :D and got chased by some zombies from spookers which was freeaaakkky!

Oh and came home and watched Speed :awesome: What a great day! Hope everyone elses was great too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a fantastic day! xoxox

_Ed_
26-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Awesome to hear you had a great day. I haven't watched Speed in ages! Loved it back in the day.

I had quite a good day, just relaxed. Really should have done some uni work...meh. There's always tomorrow.

Tacticalkat
26-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh yes, tomorrow. That is the day I have to study bit time too.

OMG I forgot,the BEST thing about today was that I found a random LUDO cuddly toy :D He was the only one there, there were no other things from Labyrinth there but that and he TALKS!!!!!
:awesome:

_Ed_
26-10-2009, 11:21 AM
That is incredibly awesome.

Right, bed time for me. Night! But before I go...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KITTY! Hope you have a really awesome day. :)

Michelle
26-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Armageddon sure sounds fun. I've always wanted to go to one, especially back in the days when Buffy actors were there :LOL: Ah well, one day maybe.

I haven't watched Speed in ages! Loved it back in the day.

+1.

Happy Birthday Kitty! :party: Hope you have a great day despite the assignment! :D

I'm still working on my snail assignment. I was hoping to have it finished today to cruise through studying for my quiz tomorrow, but argh, so many statistics to do for this one!

Tired eyes means bedtime though. Good night moas.

Ghosty Ghost
27-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Happy birthday chum!

lensip max
27-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Unsurprisingly, I'm still at home.

SO REITERATING THE BIRTHDAY LOVE FOR YOUUUU :kiss:

JoBear
27-10-2009, 09:38 AM
happy birthday!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3613/3494371953_4666bab826.jpg

heh its funny seeing rick barker on tv when i sat beside him for university last semester! he would never turn off his blackberry even though the lecturer said everyone had to. apparently MPs have different rules!

_Ed_
27-10-2009, 11:55 AM
he would never turn off his blackberry even though the lecturer said everyone had to. apparently MPs have different rules!
:noey:

I need to buy something tomorrow for my mum's birthday...really don't know what to get! I'll look in some book shops and hope I see something new by an author I know she likes. There are only four or five that I could name though, so I don't like my chances. :erm:

darkshineskitty
27-10-2009, 12:43 PM
YUS! I went to Armageddon today, it was great!!! So much fun, I love all the people dressed up in costumes and milling around, I just admire them and think those cosplayers are so brave to get up on stage and do those skits and stuff. I didn't realise that their cotumes are nearly all hand made, hand painted and hand stiched, that it pretty amazing!

OMG I forgot,the BEST thing about today was that I found a random LUDO cuddly toy :D He was the only one there, there were no other things from Labyrinth there but that and he TALKS!!!!!

The cosplayers are amazing. My outfit was super cheap, since I'd had it for a 90s themed party ages ago. Just a top and shorts, and then some red braces and a wig, and sneakers. But some people do really amazing ones where they stitch everything themselves and make all the accessories and stuff. It must take them so long!

Omg Ludo toy! Awesome! Pic plz? And what does it say? How much was it? :D

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! :kiss: for all of you. I had a pretty good day- finished that assignment, went over to a friends and she gave me a gift which included an itunes voucher so yay! And then out to dinner with my sister and mum. The place we went to was reeeeally good :happy:

Edit: Rich, there's a new Marian Keyes book out now I think if she likes her :erm:

_Ed_
27-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Sounds great. Awesome to hear. :D

Where did you go for dinner?

darkshineskitty
27-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Sounds great. Awesome to hear. :D

Where did you go for dinner?

An italian place called Prego. The portions were small- I had 3 items :awesome:

_Ed_
27-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Ponsonby Rd, right? I've never been in there, but I've walked past and peered inside. Looks nice.

darkshineskitty
27-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Ponsonby Rd, right? I've never been in there, but I've walked past and peered inside. Looks nice.

Yes, and yeah the food was really good and it had a nice atmosphere. And the staff were very friendly.
But more importantly, presents :awesome:

_Ed_
27-10-2009, 12:59 PM
And did you recover from your cold enough to properly enjoy the day?

darkshineskitty
27-10-2009, 01:02 PM
And did you recover from your cold enough to properly enjoy the day?

Oh yes, I did. That was gone before Armageddon. Gave it to my friend though, my bad. But we still had fun there.

_Ed_
27-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Splendid!

Time for bed for me now, I have a big day ahead tomorrow - essay-writing, hair-cutting (although that doesn't require much effort on my part) and frantic present-searching.

Hope you have a good day. :) Night!

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Found a 2009 book by one of the authors I know my mum likes. :happy: And I got a JB gift card for my sister's husband (his birthday is Saturday).

HandOverMyHeart
28-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Hey guys, How are we all doing?
Im new around here. Im from New Zealand, Im from up north live in a small town by Whangarei. Love Muse, have for a while now.

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 03:49 AM
Awesome, welcome. :) Going to the BDO?

HandOverMyHeart
28-10-2009, 04:21 AM

Yip I sure am, Its going to be my first BDO, so im kind of nervous/exicted all at once. What about you? Are you going?

Super Sammy!
28-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Im new around here. Im from New Zealand, Im from up north live in a small town by Whangarei. Love Muse, have for a while now.

Ohai! :awesome::D welcome to the site! :happy:

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 04:49 AM

Yip I sure am, Its going to be my first BDO, so im kind of nervous/exicted all at once. What about you? Are you going?
Definitely. :)

I think the second announcement is next week - hope there might be a few more bands I want to see.

darkshineskitty
28-10-2009, 05:15 AM

Hi there :happy: Welcome to Moatearoa :chuckle:

Ghosty Ghost
28-10-2009, 05:18 AM
Small town near Whangarei... I'm gonna guess Kamo?

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 06:17 AM
:The cosplayers are amazing. My outfit was super cheap, since I'd had it for a 90s themed party ages ago. Just a top and shorts, and then some red braces and a wig, and sneakers. But some people do really amazing ones where they stitch everything themselves and make all the accessories and stuff. It must take them so long!

Omg Ludo toy! Awesome! Pic plz? And what does it say? How much was it? :D

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! :kiss: for all of you. I had a pretty good day- finished that assignment, went over to a friends and she gave me a gift which included an itunes voucher so yay! And then out to dinner with my sister and mum. The place we went to was reeeeally good :happy:

Edit: Rich, there's a new Marian Keyes book out now I think if she likes her :erm:

Oh he is awesome! I totally got ripped for him though! I Can't believe I spent 40 bucks on him:eek: but I am reaaallly really glad I did!

He says "Sarah friend" Or so I think anyway, and "Smellllll baaaaad!" Which is so cute :awesome:

Found a 2009 book by one of the authors I know my mum likes. :happy: And I got a JB gift card for my sister's husband (his birthday is Saturday).

Oh that's awesome, sounds like you have it sussed. Did you get your hair cut?

Helloooooo, I'm fairly newbie too, :)

darkshineskitty
28-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Oh he is awesome! I totally got ripped for him though! I Can't believe I spent 40 bucks on him:eek: but I am reaaallly really glad I did!

He says "Sarah friend" Or so I think anyway, and "Smellllll baaaaad!" Which is so cute :awesome:

Ahhh, cute! :happy:

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Oh that's awesome, sounds like you have it sussed. Did you get your hair cut?
I did! So I did everything I planned to do...except the essay-writing part. :erm:

Went out to dinner tonight. :happy:

How is everyone?

JoBear
28-10-2009, 08:01 AM
i'm good. the whole day i kept saying to myself "this is such a good day!" expecting something bad to happen and it never did. :awesome:

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Perfect.

JoBear
28-10-2009, 08:03 AM
the being paid for walking along the river and texting people in the warm sun this morning was a highlight.

got an special announcement email from our ceo and first thought was "BONUS!" then it turned out it was just because we're finalist for the best place to work. lame.

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 08:06 AM
That's mildly disappointing.

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I did! So I did everything I planned to do...except the essay-writing part. :erm:

Went out to dinner tonight. :happy:

How is everyone?

Hhahaah awesome, except maybe the no essay part!
I'm good, I had two cases the entire day that finished by 10am so the rest of the day I kind of hid from my bosses and didn't get roped into doing anything else, so got some study done. The other trainees often hide out when they have finished lists but I usually go and find out what needs doing, so it was kind of nice to be naughty.

i'm good. the whole day i kept saying to myself "this is such a good day!" expecting something bad to happen and it never did. :awesome:]

WIN!!!! =)

JoBear
28-10-2009, 08:47 AM
i was at the supermarket at lunchtime, just perusing bread as you do and there was this little old lady who was about a head shorter than me (me, being what...5'2) trying to get bread off the top tray with her cane. she was very unsteady and only succeeding in squishing the bread. this woman just walked past, looked at her and kept walking!

so i asked if i could help and got two of the loaves down for her. she then told me her favourite bread was $4 and there was no way in hell she was going to pay for it so she got this bread instead. she was so wee and adorable. hope if she needed anything else someone would have been nice enough to help too!

so...any speculation on who the top entertainer is in courts at the moment? only clues are he's in his thirties, a musician, performed in wellington at the time and 16 year old girls would want to kiss him in the street.

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 08:50 AM
I was not aware that an entertainer was in the courts.

Good on you for helping the old lady!

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 08:51 AM
i was at the supermarket at lunchtime, just perusing bread as you do and there was this little old lady who was about a head shorter than me (me, being what...5'2) trying to get bread off the top tray with her cane. she was very unsteady and only succeeding in squishing the bread. this woman just walked past, looked at her and kept walking!

so i asked if i could help and got two of the loaves down for her. she then told me her favourite bread was $4 and there was no way in hell she was going to pay for it so she got this bread instead. she was so wee and adorable. hope if she needed anything else someone would have been nice enough to help too!

so...any speculation on who the top entertainer is in courts at the moment? only clues are he's in his thirties, a musician, performed in wellington at the time and 16 year old girls would want to kiss him in the street.

Awwwww, that's so sweet, and sad. I can't understand some people.
The other day when I was walking to the bus stop I saw an old lady waiting there with a couple of other people, she had a bag/trolley thing on wheels and the ewind had blown it over and she couldn't bend to pick it up off the grass.
The other two people just stood and watched her struggle, and so by the time I got to the stop she had been struggling a while, I picked it up for her and she just BEAMED at me and patted my hand. :(
How could they just stand there? Meanies.

Ummm I have no idea who it could be, there are so many to choose from :p

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 08:53 AM
How could they just stand there? Meanies.
:noey:
People suck.

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 08:56 AM
They totally do. My conscience would tell me off for ages after if I just ignored things :)

JoBear
28-10-2009, 08:57 AM
my new branch has sliding doors, but my old one didn't. in fact they were REALLY heavy doors. the receptionist would sit there and just watch elderly people struggle to come in and my workmate beside me would have to walk across the room to open the doors. its not that fucking hard!

i was trying to find the video of him outside court to get a better idea, but doesn't seem to be on tv3. will have to watch the late news. i love speculating! i have no life. i mean today was made really good by the fact i found a place that had a chicken roll for a really good price (with real chicken) with 10 minutes left on my lunch break. it was so amazing. i so will be a repeat customer. and then i avoided the temptation of the donut man.

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Speculating is fun.

How did you summon the strength to resist the donut man?

JoBear
28-10-2009, 09:01 AM
being nearly late from lunch did help. but he's so friendly and always has a chat. but those donuts :noey: not friendly to my hips.

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 09:06 AM
That is brilliant!
I can't resist donuts. Especially those mini hot ones in the bags that you get at events. Nom nom nom :rolleyes:

JoBear
28-10-2009, 09:11 AM
That is brilliant!
I can't resist donuts. Especially those mini hot ones in the bags that you get at events. Nom nom nom :rolleyes:
yeah this is a donut van. he makes the mini donuts while you wait and then sprinkles ridiculous amounts of cinnamon and sugar on them. $2.50 for eight. i thought the city council had got rid of him so i was delighted to see him last week and splurged accordingly.

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Mmm cinnamon.

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Oh god I LOVE them! We got some at armageddon.

They came in bags of 8 or 16. My brother asked for 24, she was like "we don't do them in 24 we only do 8 or 16" So he asked for three bags of 8.......... :facepalm:

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 09:14 AM
That's quite a few donuts.

JoBear
28-10-2009, 09:15 AM
http://nt3.ggpht.com/news/tbn/r5NRjV4eG1y73M/0.jpg

this is a tiny tiny picture of him. think tv3 must have had the photo up and had to take it down. hmmm.

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 09:15 AM
There was five of us :D

JoBear
28-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Oh god I LOVE them! We got some at armageddon.

They came in bags of 8 or 16. My brother asked for 24, she was like "we don't do them in 24 we only do 8 or 16" So he asked for three bags of 8.......... :facepalm:
i'm pretty sure its then $3 for 12 with the donut guy. i know i've always considering "do i pay the small amount extra for MORE!"

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 09:19 AM
MORE DONUT GOODNESS!!
I think I ate about seven on my own before I made them remove the bag from me. Ahhh, gluttony...

JoBear
28-10-2009, 09:22 AM
i went through a krispy kreme donut phase in england. didn't help there was one in paddington station so whenever i had to wait for a train from london, i'd buy one to pass the time.

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 09:24 AM
I've never had one, I think they would be the end of me!!

JoBear
28-10-2009, 09:28 AM
the chocolate sprinkle is the best

http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/10/krispy-kreme_minibox.jpg

its the glazing that's the yummiest part. i can't even remember how much they cost!

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 09:30 AM
The colourful ones look good too.

JoBear
28-10-2009, 09:31 AM
i discovered them in the united states. and when i went to the uk was pleasantly surprised to find a store in oxford. which is pretty amazing, considering there's fuck all good in oxford. it was in their castle!

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Wooooaaaaah. YUM.

I loved those Dreamy Donuts in the mall until (gross alert) my friend worked there and told me that their boss was a real bitch and wouldn't let this girl go home when she was really ill, and she vomited into the sink, next to where all the prep stuff is done. I don't care how much they washed it out, that is NASTY!

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 09:33 AM
That's really nasty. Ew.

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 09:34 AM
I knnnooow! Bleaugh.

Are you guys doing anything for halloween?

_Ed_
28-10-2009, 09:36 AM
There's a party at my friend's flat. I'm not a fan of the whole dressing up carry-on, and I might be quite tired after working on my essay all day at uni...I'll see how I feel.

How about you?

Tacticalkat
28-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I am dressing up in a totally over the top costume and going to a house party with some of the climbers :D

I LOVE dressing up, any excuse and I'm there.

darkshineskitty
28-10-2009, 11:12 AM

I saw that previewed on Nightline, and was wondering who it could be. I think they had dark hair too, although that's rather unhelpful :LOL:

I LOVE dressing up, any excuse and I'm there.

+1 hence the whole Armageddon thing :LOL:

Squee, I'm so excited to spend my iTunes voucher. I can't decide what I want though, everything is so cheap! :eek:

HandOverMyHeart
29-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. :D

Small town near Whangarei... I'm gonna guess Kamo?

Nope, Ruawai. Its about 45 mins out of Whangarei.

Im going to a dress up party thing tomorrow night for Halloween, but the party is only for 2 hours which is kind of pointless, im not sure why its only 2 hours but hey i'll still go. They are American so they take Halloween pretty seriously so hopefully the 2 hours are fulled with awesomeness. :p

Michelle
29-10-2009, 03:36 AM
That is brilliant!

Me too. In Rotorua there is one inside a little shop, so I had to get some after a hard week of work :LOL:

I got marshmellows today though, nom. Might make some apple and cinnamon muffins later or tomorrow.

Today's shopping trip was a bit better than yesterday's after getting my quiz and assignment done. But of course I had to get caught in a random hail storm when walking from The Waredhouse to Animates :rolleyes: Such cute puppies there today :supersad:

Ghosty Ghost
29-10-2009, 06:52 AM
So tomorrow I've got a job interview with Statistics NZ to be a geographic statistician. Really nervous but I want it so bad!

lensip max
29-10-2009, 07:15 AM
There's nowhere to buy donuts in Wellington :(

I'm out at mum's again because my life has gone BOOM. Well... not actually my life. I am just collateral damage. Anyway. In response to the Halloween question... giving out lollies to the kids that come to the french doors out the front of our dining room.

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 07:15 AM
So tomorrow I've got a job interview with Statistics NZ to be a geographic statistician. Really nervous but I want it so bad!
Good luck! I'm sure you'll do really well.

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm out at mum's again because my life has gone BOOM. Well... not actually my life. I am just collateral damage
Sorry to hear that. :(

If a long ranty post with lots of swears will help even just a smidgen, fire away.

JoBear
29-10-2009, 07:46 AM
rumour has it that it was pmoney...can't think of anyone else to be honest. someone suggested the drummer of blindspott but the 16 year olds would have been like 11 when they were "popular". by the way i don't actually know so i could pinning some innocent guy...:ninja:

i've had some exciting news tonight - my friend is getting engaged and asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. :happy:

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 07:51 AM
That is exciting! Have they set a date?

My workmate couple announced today that they're engaged too. Really happy for them. :happy:

JoBear
29-10-2009, 07:55 AM
they're talking about april. i did think when they were together the last time that they'd get married but then he joined a cult. :erm: but then they found each other again so yay.

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 08:03 AM
but then he joined a cult. :erm:
:erm:
As you do.

Michelle
29-10-2009, 08:14 AM

Oh awesome! Good luck!

i've had some exciting news tonight - my friend is getting engaged and asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. :happy:

Nice, that should be fun!

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 08:27 AM
I actually started that essay today - a bit of a miracle. 1517 words done.

JoBear
29-10-2009, 08:41 AM
got the prospectus for public policy postgrad next year. this year 3 out of the 4 papers required for the certificate were in the first semester and working fulltime it was utterly impossible for me. i was hoping i could finish the two next semester if i wanted to.

...but no, they must have seen the error of their ways and split the two papers up i have left into first and second semester. so there's no point trying to finish it. and i'd get charged a $510 student levy despite being part time and not even living in wellington. fail.

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 08:43 AM
:(

lensip max
29-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear that. :(

If a long ranty post with lots of swears will help even just a smidgen, fire away.Haha. I wish it would. But it won't. That's the whole point. I buried the skeletons in ma closet and marked the spot with a gravestone and moved on. But somebody else has grubbed them up again in order to hurt somebody else, which in the process is going to hurt me almost as badly.
Said grubber knows what this will do to me - destroy my life. I'm being oh so publically re-tied to a tragedy I thought I'd long since escaped - but they're doing it anyway because they're twisted and bitter and filled with this all-consuming desire for revenge.

And it just... kind of sucks.

JoBear
29-10-2009, 09:32 AM
life sucks unfortunately.

i hate doing work stuff at home. i wouldn't have to if we had the internet there.

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Haha. I wish it would. But it won't. That's the whole point. I buried the skeletons in ma closet and marked the spot with a gravestone and moved on. But somebody else has grubbed them up again in order to hurt somebody else, which in the process is going to hurt me almost as badly.
Said grubber knows what this will do to me - destroy my life. I'm being oh so publically re-tied to a tragedy I thought I'd long since escaped - but they're doing it anyway because they're twisted and bitter and filled with this all-consuming desire for revenge.

And it just... kind of sucks.
Sounds absolutely awful. :(

Tacticalkat
29-10-2009, 09:59 AM

Good luck! Sending loads of lucky thoughts your way!!!

I'm out at mum's again because my life has gone BOOM. Well... not actually my life. I am just collateral damage. Anyway. In response to the Halloween question... giving out lollies to the kids that come to the french doors out the front of our dining room.

Man that's rough. Keep your chin up! "baby don't cry, gotta keep your head up even though the road is hard never give up." I was a gangster in a former life ;)

Hope things start to pick up for you, you have well had more than your fiar share!!!

rumour has it that it was pmoney...can't think of anyone else to be honest. someone suggested the drummer of blindspott but the 16 year olds would have been like 11 when they were "popular". by the way i don't actually know so i could pinning some innocent guy...:ninja:

YUS bridesmaids rock! Have you done it before? How many is she having? Are you the maid of honour? Wow sorry, I have done it 3 times and am a bit bridesmaid craaazzy from them all.

And, cult? Did I read that right?

I actually started that essay today - a bit of a miracle. 1517 words done.

Woot go you! I have tomorrow off to study for my exam on Monday.... so it probably won't be a productive day.

JoBear
29-10-2009, 10:03 AM
yeah it was some weird religion which was really cult like, the type that tells you to cut off all your friends and family.

not sure, i assume her sister will be maid of honour like she was at her wedding earlier this year. i've never been one, was a flowergirl when i was 8 though. :awesome:

Tacticalkat
29-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Oh that's so exciting! It will be really special!
I moaned a lot about doing it for my friend but I actually ended up haivng such a lot of fun with it and enjoyed taking care of her on the day, putting together a little emergency kit and stuff, it was loads of fun in the end :)

JoBear
29-10-2009, 10:15 AM
i'm not very girlie but i do like the idea of getting dressed up. just hope it isn't in pink!

bedtime for me i think!

lensip max
29-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Thank god for name supression, I guess. The grubber is probably going to lift it though. They rang to ask my mother "if I'd mind" :erm:

Yes?

So I need to ring them and beg them not to, and somehow avoid promising to speak to the police in the process. I really really don't want to talk to the cops about any of this :noey: which is why I haven't called the grubber sooner, because they're angling for me to give a statement or something. Go see a therapist and draw some traumatic memories up out of my subconscious to support a grubber's grubbery accusations. For the second time around :facepalm:

The grubber has changed their story, you see. That's why all of this is happening. Horrible grubbing bitch.

darkshineskitty
29-10-2009, 11:08 AM

Wow, I hope you get it! :happy: What does a geographic statistician do anyway? :erm:

Nowhere to buy donuts!? :eek:... I see a potential market :awesome:

they're talking about april. i did think when they were together the last time that they'd get married but then he joined a cult. :erm: but then they found each other again so yay.

A cult? Weird. It's nice that they're getting married now though and you get to be a bridesmaid! :happy:

Thank god for name supression, I guess. The grubber is probably going to lift it though. They rang to ask my mother "if I'd mind" :erm:

Yes?

So I need to ring them and beg them not to, and somehow avoid promising to speak to the police in the process. I really really don't want to talk to the cops about any of this :noey: which is why I haven't called the grubber sooner, because they're angling for me to give a statement or something. Go see a therapist and draw some traumatic memories up out of my subconscious to support a grubber's grubbery accusations. For the second time around :facepalm:

The grubber has changed their story, you see. That's why all of this is happening. Horrible grubbing bitch.

Woah, that sounds intense :stunned: But yeah, it's totally not cool of them to bring all this stuff up just to be vengeful. If the problem has been solved and everyone has moved on, then they should just let things be. Hopefully you can convince them not to bring it all up, or to at least somehow leave you out of it :erm:

It was my dad's birthday today :happy: I got him a card that he really enjoyed and a summer hat, and we went out for dinner :happy:.

Okay I should have learned my lesson when I had a song from a certain musical stuck in my head the entire evening yesterday but today I rented out Rent (oh, see what I did there?). And now of course I have a song from it stuck in my head again :rolleyes:

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Haha, oh no.

I don't recommend you watch the TV show Glee when it starts, in that case. I did the first episode at work today and have a song from it stuck in my head.

darkshineskitty
29-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Haha, oh no.

I don't recommend you watch the TV show Glee when it starts, in that case. I did the first episode at work today and have a song from it stuck in my head.

I'm looking forward to that show screening :happy:

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Laughed at Brian Tamaki today saying his covenant thing was just the same as the way people are expected to treat their bosses in most companies.

Err...bowing down and not being allowed to turn your back to him? Now, I don't know about you guys, but my boss has never asked me to do that.

But maybe she does cry herself to sleep because I don't...

darkshineskitty
29-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Laughed at Brian Tamaki today saying his covenant thing was just the same as the way people are expected to treat their bosses in most companies.

Err...bowing down and not being allowed to turn your back to him? Now, I don't know about you guys, but my boss has never asked me to do that.

But maybe she does cry herself to sleep because I don't...

Brian Tamaki hasn't been heard from much recently though huh? He used to be all over the place (the media).

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah that's true actually, and the world was a better place for his absence from the public eye. But he seems to have popped up again this week with this covenant balderdash.

Anyway, how was your day, apart from your dad's birthday dinner and the Rent rental?

darkshineskitty
29-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah that's true actually, and the world was a better place for his absence from the public eye. But he seems to have popped up again this week with this covenant balderdash.

Anyway, how was your day, apart from the Rent rental?

Covent balderdash? I'm so out of touch with the youth.

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Haha, sorry. I just like the word balderdash.

This is the covenant story: http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/destiny-s-controversial-covenant-slammed-3101294

darkshineskitty
29-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Haha, sorry. I just like the word balderdash.

This is the covenant story: http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/destiny-s-controversial-covenant-slammed-3101294

The story doesn't really say anything we haven't heard before :erm:

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 11:49 AM
True.

Was funny to see someone say that when they went to his church one time he mentioned Jesus twice and himself 102 times.

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 12:10 PM
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Imported/BioPix/Ro/Bio_Batch17/cliff-curtis01.jpg
CLIFF! :awesome:

_Ed_
29-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Greatest actor ever?
http://yesreading.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/i-would-venture-to-say-hell-yes.jpg
Who are we to argue with that authority?

Tacticalkat
29-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I just know I would never argue with a strawberry like that!!:eek:

Michelle
29-10-2009, 11:37 PM
:LOL: Exactly, who can say no to strawberries? I had my first ones for the season last week. Still need a bit more time to sweeten up.

Apart from that, is it a good show?

I was surprised when the video for KOC from HAARP came on channel two after infomercials when I was washing my dishes :LOL: Then I picked some roses from the garden, they smell so nice :happy:

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah, it wasn't bad. Worth watching.

Ooh random KOC. That is surprising.

Michelle
30-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Cool, I will probably watch it then.

Any plans for the day Richard?

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Essayage. :indiff:

You?

Michelle
30-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Bummer.

I might do some baking and go for a walk. Then tonight I'm going to a friends place for drinks as long as I can get ride there.

darkshineskitty
30-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Greatest actor ever?
http://yesreading.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/i-would-venture-to-say-hell-yes.jpg
Who are we to argue with that authority?

Take your giant strawberry and get out of here Rich :LOL:

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 12:58 AM
:eek:
How rude.

How's your day going?

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Sod this. I'm off to Shadows for a beer.

I've done another 1100 words today. I can do the last 2400 tomorrow, surely...:unsure:

darkshineskitty
30-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Sod this. I'm off to Shadows for a beer.

I've done another 1100 words today. I can do the last 2400 tomorrow, surely...:unsure:

Yeah, do it! :D Have a reward for the good work you've done so far.

lensip max
30-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Woah, that sounds intense :stunned: But yeah, it's totally not cool of them to bring all this stuff up just to be vengeful. If the problem has been solved and everyone has moved on, then they should just let things be. Hopefully you can convince them not to bring it all up, or to at least somehow leave you out of it :erm:I'm feeling less upset about it today. If I change my name then I could make Doctor my first name. And then be introduced as "This is Doctor Elena <insert new last name here>" and nobody would ever argue with me again :LOL:

It was my dad's birthday today :happy: I got him a card that he really enjoyed and a summer hat, and we went out for dinner :happy: It's cool how you and your dad's birthdays are so close :happy:

Sod this. I'm off to Shadows for a beer.Lol. Nice :)

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 04:01 AM
I'm feeling less upset about it today.
That's good to hear. :)

The beer was wonderful, in case you're wondering. Now I feel a bit guilty about it...but it felt right at the time.

lensip max
30-10-2009, 07:10 AM
It's good to be as well :yesey:

It'll probably hit me all over again on the 18th when it gets to court but for now I am at one with the universe.

Glad your beer was tasty. And ofc it was right. It's a friday!

EDIT - When I caught the train to welly each day for school there was always a group of passengers who went right through to palmy and had happy hour on friday nights because the capital connection has a bar onboard :LOL:

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Ooh, Oren's online. I await news on the interview. My breath is baited.

Ghosty Ghost
30-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Ooh, Oren's online. I await news on the interview. My breath is baited.
Baited eh, does that smell?

Um interview went alright. They said on the phone that it would probably take an hour - 30 mins for the interview with a three person panel and 30 mins for a writing and mapping test. Well the panel interview ended up going for 1 and a half hours, so it was pretty gruelling. I was pretty drained afterwards and was all sweaty from spending 90 mins in that quite tense situation, and then had to do my tests. But it all seemed to go reasonably well. Afterwards one of them showed me some of the office and had a quick look at the software they use, which was pretty nice.

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Wow, intense. :stunned:

But the fact that one of them did that after the interview sounds really promising.

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 10:36 AM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs019.snc3/12639_161400867134_648102134_2846354_1387526_n.jpg

darkshineskitty
30-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm feeling less upset about it today. If I change my name then I could make Doctor my first name. And then be introduced as "This is Doctor Elena <insert new last name here>" and nobody would ever argue with me again :LOL:

It's cool how you and your dad's birthdays are so close :happy:

That would be so cool! It would be like being The Doctor from Doctor Who, because when you introduced yourself you'd be like: 'I'm Doctor' and they'd go 'Doctor who?' and you'd go 'No, just Doctor' :D:LOL:

All my family's are in October :happy:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs019.snc3/12639_161400867134_648102134_2846354_1387526_n.jpg

That reminds me of a Batman episode I saw the other day from the new Batman series, where it's all stylised and stuff, and the episode and had entirely no plot or cohesive narrative other than being a musical episode, made cool only by the presence of Neil Patrick Harris as a guest voice! :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA_jAZ6_DJQ

And speaking of musicals, I went over to my friend's place today and we watched Rent again and had a hilarious time, and I ended up staying until 11pm! Time just flew by because it was so light outside and no-one was home other than us.

_Ed_
30-10-2009, 10:28 PM
That sounds fun. I've never seen this Rent you speak of...should I?

lensip max
30-10-2009, 11:43 PM
:chuckle::LOL: That's awesome :happy:

That would be so cool! It would be like being The Doctor from Doctor Who, because when you introduced yourself you'd be like: 'I'm Doctor' and they'd go 'Doctor who?' and you'd go 'No, just Doctor' :D:LOL:

All my family's are in October :happy::LOL: And I wouldn't ever have to bother about my massive long string of names ever again :awesome: (my rl name is 14 syllables long :noey:)

That's so cool about your family!

... I hate rent though :p not a musical person...

Though I saw the Lion King in london and it was amazing.

JoBear
31-10-2009, 01:00 AM
i've seen the lion king musical in london too, saw it on my birthday. amazing.

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 01:14 AM
So now instead of just saying "reconnect with...", Facebook is telling me to "make Facebook better for him/her."

Seriously, Facebook.

JoBear
31-10-2009, 01:45 AM
haha haven't had that yet.

how's your day going? mine's gone good so far, other than the dickhead bus driver. had brunch with a friend and it was so good, the foccacia was amazing.

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 01:50 AM
That bus driver sounds like a real cock!

My day's going alright. I'm a bit pissed off that it's an absolutely beautiful day outside and I'm stuck here at uni slaving away, but the essay's going well.

Need to take a break some time and go find something to wear to the party tonight. There'll be funny masks and stuff in the $2 shop, right? I know that sounds really half-arsed, but my friend's doing this essay too...I think he'll understand why I haven't been able to give it much thought.

Michelle
31-10-2009, 02:09 AM

Need to take a break some time and go find something to wear to the party tonight. There'll be funny masks and stuff in the $2 shop, right? I know that sounds really half-arsed, but my friend's doing this essay too...I think he'll understand why I haven't been able to give it much thought.

They had Scream masks!

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 02:13 AM
They had Scream masks!
Thanks. I'm wearing all black too, coincidentally!

How's your day going, Michelle?

lensip max
31-10-2009, 02:19 AM
i've seen the lion king musical in london too, saw it on my birthday. amazing.Epic birthday present :D

My cousin took me, and because we got our seats at the last minute we got a box.
After the lights had gone out for the opening we all of a sudden heard this voice in the dark go "Hi, I'm Daniel. Nice to meet you" and the guy shook hands with us before our box was suddenly illuminated and he stood in front of us dressed completely magnificently and sang the opening part of the first song (the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SEKWENYAAAAA bit) and it was just... incredible. AND THE CHEETAH LADY :awesome:

I'm glad it's sunny but hating on my neighbours. They told my mum she couldn't do 3 pointer turns because it was potholing the shared access. Um, no, that would be the gazillion builders and concrete pourers and plumbers and general people-with-trucks constantly going down it while the two of you sit in a caravan and watch grand designs :rolleyes:

I'm so glad my aunt is here though. She's staying til January when she goes back to Canada. If I can earn $2500 before then I can go tooooo. But to do that I need a job. So now I need to update my CV and start looking.

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm so glad my aunt is here though. She's staying til January when she goes back to Canada. If I can earn $2500 before then I can go tooooo. But to do that I need a job. So now I need to update my CV and start looking.
Good luck! Hope you can find something.

darkshineskitty
31-10-2009, 02:49 AM
That sounds fun. I've never seen this Rent you speak of...should I?

YES
I'm such a musicals person :LOL: Just, everything is better with incorporated song! The good thing about Rent is that it's not really really cheesy. Unlike Mamma Mia, omg. That film is so happy and energetic it hurts your eyes.
Although I'm surprised because you're the second person I've mentioned it to who doesn't know the show, even though its one of the most famous and longest running Broadway productions of all time :p
You will get the songs stuck in your head though, I guarantee it.

:LOL: And I wouldn't ever have to bother about my massive long string of names ever again :awesome: (my rl name is 14 syllables long :noey:)

I assume you mean your whole name, not just your first name :eek::chuckle:

Epic birthday present :D

My cousin took me, and because we got our seats at the last minute we got a box.
After the lights had gone out for the opening we all of a sudden heard this voice in the dark go "Hi, I'm Daniel. Nice to meet you" and the guy shook hands with us before our box was suddenly illuminated and he stood in front of us dressed completely magnificently and sang the opening part of the first song (the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SEKWENYAAAAA bit) and it was just... incredible. AND THE CHEETAH LADY :awesome:

Wow that's amazing! I saw Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, The Musical when it came here a while back, and it was AWESOME. The music and singing was so good, and the drag queen outfits were incredible. I would easily go see it again.
At one point people were dressed like giant cupcakes, and paintbrushes, and at the end there were people dressed as all sorts of Australian animals

lensip max
31-10-2009, 04:05 AM
Good luck! Hope you can find something.Thanks! Me too... I was angling for a job at paknsave on the grounds that they pay better than Te Papa but there's nothing there just now haha.

I assume you mean your whole name, not just your first name :eek::chuckle:

Wow that's amazing! I saw Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, The Musical when it came here a while back, and it was AWESOME. The music and singing was so good, and the drag queen outfits were incredible. I would easily go see it again.
At one point people were dressed like giant cupcakes, and paintbrushes, and at the end there were people dressed as all sorts of Australian animalsThat sounds awesome! My brother went to that one with his gf I think :happy:
And yeah haha. I have a Maori first name which is one of those epically long epithetical ones.
And then just to mess with people, a middle name as well :LOL:

Michelle
31-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Thanks. I'm wearing all black too, coincidentally!

How's your day going, Michelle?

Nice :LOL:
There was this guy walking past in the plaza and he was pinning one to the front of his black coat, and he had a k-mart name tag above it :erm:

I've just had a relaxing day, haven't really felt like doing anything. I probably had a bit too much of this chocolate liqueur stuff last night, mmm.

How was everyone else's day?

JoBear
31-10-2009, 06:39 AM
i went to kmart today and they were all dressed up halloweeny.

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 11:53 AM
I ended up having the choice of two Scream masks - the normal one, and one with a huge tongue hanging out. They were both $2, so I thought the latter was far superior value for money. Gave everyone at the party some amusement as well...lots of kissing and biting. :erm:

And then a bunch of Germans put on some awesome German pop music and started dancing on the table. A very interesting evening...a shame I was the driver tonight, really.

darkshineskitty
31-10-2009, 01:06 PM
That sounds awesome! My brother went to that one with his gf I think :happy:
And yeah haha. I have a Maori first name which is one of those epically long epithetical ones.
And then just to mess with people, a middle name as well :LOL:

Ah cool, what does it mean? :happy:

i went to kmart today and they were all dressed up halloweeny.

They were dressed up when I went there the other day too!

I ended up having the choice of two Scream masks - the normal one, and one with a huge tongue hanging out. They were both $2, so I thought the latter was far superior value for money. Gave everyone at the party some amusement as well...lots of kissing and biting. :erm:

And then a bunch of Germans put on some awesome German pop music and started dancing on the table. A very interesting evening...a shame I was the driver tonight, really.

Oh hello :eyebrows:
My friend was telling me today that someone she knows got a Scream mask with a hand squeezy thing where it sends "blood" down the mask when you squish it, which is pretty hard core.
Yay Germans and unashamedly German crazy partying :LOL:

I went to a Halloween party too :happy: I wore a nice dress and some angel wings. The wings are proper feathered ones and they were only $6! A guy there had similar ones so we were kind of his and hers versions :LOL: Peoples costumes were really nice- one of my friends wore a ball gown and a shawl and came as a vampire- she had blood lines and gloves and everything. Another friend had paint splattered on her face like blood and it looked really effective. That guy that I've told you guys about before turned up but that was just as me and my ride were leaving :rolleyes:

The only lame thing was a misunderstanding between me and a mate about getting back. I asked him for a lift assuming his parents were going to drive since we both only have our restricted. But then he came in his car, and we parked outside the place fine. Only then later when I arranged to get a lift home with another friend, he was like 'oh well I thought you were going to drive my car back to yours with me as passenger, and then I would drive it from there to mine alone.' Um, no? :erm: I wasn't about to drive his car back after 10pm (restricted curfew) and risk getting a fine and demerit points- that was the whole point of getting a lift, or I would have just driven my own car! And he had been drinking a bit too, and wanted to drive his car from mine to his? I don't think so. I think he was kind of annoyed at me but I didn't even know until he turned up that he would be driving. He has uni at 7am which is why he needed to get home- I had suggested earlier getting a taxi with people heading that way and then busing back in the morning. He said he'd just sleep in his car but we all said he should just sleep in the house on one of the armchairs, because the couch was taken. I just left with my new lift in the end and left him to it since I wasn't going to drive his car.

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Fair enough too! It's totally understandable that you wouldn't want to take that risk. I would have done the same.

Also...uni at 7am?!

darkshineskitty
31-10-2009, 01:23 PM
He goes to *tone of disgust* Unitec and he's filming a short film.

JoBear
31-10-2009, 10:33 PM
the fine and demerit points for breaching your licence are nothing in the scheme of things, its having an accident and not having insurance and owing an insurance company $20000.

really gotta finish my stupid assignment today.

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 10:34 PM
My mp3 player fell out of my pocket in the car on the way to work and slipped down in a gap between the seat and the middle bit too narrow for me to reach into...disaster! I'll have to give some thought to how I'm going to rescue it.

JoBear
31-10-2009, 10:40 PM
My mp3 player fell out of my pocket in the car on the way to work and slipped down in a gap between the seat and the middle bit too narrow for me to reach into...disaster! I'll have to give some thought to how I'm going to rescue it.
would moving the seat help at all?

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I tried that, but it's stuck between the bit the seat slides along to move and the middle bit, so it make any difference.

JoBear
31-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I tried that, but it's stuck between the bit the seat slides along to move and the middle bit, so it make any difference.
A stick?

_Ed_
31-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'll go hunting in my lunch break.

How are you today?

JoBear
31-10-2009, 10:56 PM
yeah okay. boring sunday ahead i'm sure.

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 12:45 AM

I've done that before! Nightmare! I ended up moving the seat and prodding it out with a ruler!

Your scream mask sounds great! :)

I had so much fun getting all dressed up last night, was wicked! We had gone super hard out and when we got to the party they had gone pretty hard out too, so it was a good laugh. They had toffee apples!! And had set up a proper flying fox in the garden from a 15 metre tree!!!!

I didn't have a go though, because you had to climb the tree and be harnessed on, and there is no wya my costume would have allowed for it!!!

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 01:02 AM
I ended up just holding my breath, closing my eyes and forcing my hands in there. Success! Fingers are a bit red and sore now though, haha.

What was your costume?

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Yay good for you! I had a big scrape on my arm from my adventures with the car seat!

I went as Little Dead riding hood, I had a wolf's head in my basket :D
The others in my group were a pirate, a vampire fairy and a beast in armour ha!

_Ed_
01-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Haha, wow. Awesome. Those sound like some pretty imaginative costumes. How did you manage the wolf's head?

I couldn't wear my mask thing for more than a couple of minutes at a time - it was hard to see and breathe in!

JoBear
01-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Haha, wow. Awesome. Those sound like some pretty imaginative costumes. How did you manage the wolf's head?

I couldn't wear my mask thing for more than a couple of minutes at a time - it was hard to see and breathe in!
ha reminds me of trying to dance in the polar bear mask.

Tacticalkat
01-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Hahha yeah masks are terrible! My brother wore a beast's head. It was all paper mache amazing detail, and it lasted about five minutes because he couldn't breathe or see in it :LOL:
I got a whole head wolf mask and stuffed it with material and plonked it in the basket with a tea towel round it so it looked like it had been chopped off .