PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 06:27 AM
I think so. A girl came to our tutorial once and watched us and I think maybe she might be his girlfriend? Sigh. Why can't any nice guys be my age and single! And furthermore, WHY AM I TALKING ABOUT THIS LIKE ITS A SERIOUS THING :LOL:

Oh and Rich, with Modus Operandi, the cool thing was that the store had heaps of mannequins and mirrors, so when you first walked in you were like woah its crowded in here! Until you realised they weren't real people :LOL: There was definitely moments of being like 'oh sorry' when you bumped into them accidentally.

How old are you? She might have been his friend, or sister :D

Don't worry I'm the same, where are all the NICE guys??!!

Oh the mannequin thing, I do that every time I go to Max in Albany, they have them sitting down and stuff on the couch by the changing rooms, and one standing next to it. I stood behind a girl waiting for the changing room, wondered why she didn't go in when one became free, spoke to her and realised she was a flipping mannquin!:$

darkshineskitty
14-10-2009, 06:38 AM
How old are you? She might have been his friend, or sister :D

Don't worry I'm the same, where are all the NICE guys??!!

Oh the mannequin thing, I do that every time I go to Max in Albany, they have them sitting down and stuff on the couch by the changing rooms, and one standing next to it. I stood behind a girl waiting for the changing room, wondered why she didn't go in when one became free, spoke to her and realised she was a flipping mannquin!:$

Almost 20. Haha I'm still not going to ask! :$:LOL:

Haha oh that's cute :LOL: I wonder if any of the shop assistants saw you.

Now for something completely different:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug3YkVhkemg

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Hahhaahha I love Jack Black! :)

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 06:53 AM
:LOL:

Oh, and we have a few nicknames for some of our odd classmates who always wear the same, slightly weird, things. There's Hat Guy and Tie Guy, for instance.

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 07:01 AM

Oh, and we have a few nicknames for some of our odd classmates who always wear the same, slightly weird, things. There's Hat Guy and Tie Guy, for instance.

Hahhahahahaahahha Tie guy!

At school we had TRIANGLE MAN! (which you have to pronounce like a Jamaican Russian)

Triongle Mon! I swear this guy's head was shaped like an actual triangle. Never knew his actual name, only knew him by his head shape. I saw him randomly a few months ago at a naighbour's house, and I walked in and yelled TRIAAANGLE MAAAN! At the top of my lungs before I realised that might be a little innappropriate!!

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 07:01 AM
You really did that?

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 07:07 AM
I really did.

In my defence, I was 14 when the 'triangle man' thing happened, and we joked about it for years.

So when nearly ten years later I hopped the fence and came face to face with him I couldn't contain myself.
It was like meeting a mythical beast :awesome:

JoBear
14-10-2009, 07:11 AM
ugh that nick smith thing about suicide is unbelievably offensive.

:mad: what the hell is he even a doctor of?

oh wait, he had a phd in landslides. wtf.

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 07:19 AM
I didn't know you could get one in those.

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 07:23 AM
How would you get a phd in landslides? Do you think you'd have to keep a log of all the ones you had attended and reach a certain quota before you could pass? :LOL:

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Haha, getting qualifications just for attendance.

Although some say that's what happens with a BA...

darkshineskitty
14-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Haha, getting qualifications just for attendance.

Although some say that's what happens with a BA...

They call it a bachelor of attendance but you don't even need to attend.

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 07:37 AM
'Tis true.

darkshineskitty
14-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Found this on the MediaWorks website

http://www.mediaworks.co.nz/Portals/0/images/radio-top.jpg

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Very good.

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 08:10 AM
http://www.guide2.co.nz/files/nick-smith_40.jpg

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 08:24 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pretending-to-Text-in-Awkward-Situations/112678439229?ref=nf
:eek:
Best Facebook group ever.

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pretending-to-Text-in-Awkward-Situations/112678439229?ref=nf

Bah, that's awesome!
I do that sometimes, man it's sad that this is what we have come to. What did we do in awkward situations before the medium of text??

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 08:32 AM
That's a good question actually. I don't know where I'd be without my fake texting skills.

It's so awesome for when you're at a party and you don't know many people there and you need to have a drink or two before you're comfortable talking to randoms.

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 08:36 AM
That's a good question actually. I don't know where I'd be without my fake texting skills.

It's so awesome for when you're at a party and you don't know many people there and you need to have a drink or two before you're comfortable talking to randoms.

Or when the conversation turns to something that you have no contribution to.... whip out phone, pretend to text furiously......

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah, that too! That happens quite a bit to me.

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Yeah, that too! That happens quite a bit to me.

Same! And instead of sitting and looking like I might be included, or leaving, instead I'll think up an opportunity to text someone something.

It's also great for bus trips, or waiting to meet a friend somewhere.....

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 08:43 AM
or waiting to meet a friend somewhere.....
Yeah, definitely.

Haha, I like their list of situations. My favourites:
-When watching tv with the parents and there's a particularly awkward sex scene
-When someone's just had an angry outburst at someone else and nobody says anything and it's all tense and awkward for ages
-when you're sitting on the floor in the hallway outside your dorm room because you just walked in on your roommate and the nerdy guy down the hall having sex and you have to wait for them to finish up

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah, definitely.

oooooooh that's rough! I was going to say the fighting one!
That happens to me at work a lot, my seniors start bitching about collegues above me (and they really shouldn't do it in front of me) flip the phone out and pretend to be engrossed in texts!!

OOOOH and at the hair dresser, as I find having my hair cut THE most awkward time EVER.

Michelle
14-10-2009, 09:09 AM
So unless that shows lots of floaties, it's going to take ageeesss to heal :(

The good news is that he said I can'y really make it much worse, and excerise is all good, so I can climb to my heart's content.

Sorry to hear that. But yeah, I agree that exercise can help. My knee would often be fine when I'm getting regular excercise and it would get sore when I wasn't :erm:

Oh and Rich, with Modus Operandi, the cool thing was that the store had heaps of mannequins and mirrors, so when you first walked in you were like woah its crowded in here! Until you realised they weren't real people :LOL: There was definitely moments of being like 'oh sorry' when you bumped into them accidentally.

When shopping in town I used to pass a shop which was pretty empty apart from mannequins and some seats, I'm guessing that must be the place :LOL:

Oh man, :LOL:

Haha, sweet. I might join that.

Same! And instead of sitting and looking like I might be included, or leaving, instead I'll think up an opportunity to text someone something.

It's also great for bus trips, or waiting to meet a friend somewhere.....

Yup, waiting for friends out in public is probably the most often I do awkward texting :LOL:

JoBear
14-10-2009, 09:14 AM
OOOOH and at the hair dresser, as I find having my hair cut THE most awkward time EVER.

oh i totally agree. its always either really awkward silence - where did i look? sorta thing or completely awkward conversation where you pretend to be even slightly interested in the topic of conversation.

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah, for me it's usually the latter.

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 09:18 AM
oh i totally agree. its always either really awkward silence - where did i look? sorta thing or completely awkward conversation where you pretend to be even slightly interested in the topic of conversation.

And I find that they always moan at me about the shit state of my hair that I feel about the size of a snail..... I know my hair is shit, I don't Care! Just cut my fringe straight!!!!!
And after the last time when he CUT my hair after I'd repeatedly said I only wanted it straightened, I now am TERRIFIED of going!

JoBear
14-10-2009, 09:21 AM
And I find that they always moan at me about the shit state of my hair that I feel about the size of a snail..... I know my hair is shit, I don't Care! Just cut my fringe straight!!!!!
And after the last time when he CUT my hair after I'd repeatedly said I only wanted it straightened, I now am TERRIFIED of going!
last time i went it was in invercargill and it was the total small town mentality, she knew someone who was a sister of someone i went to high school with. she kept going on about people i just did not care about. for fuck sakes, i left invercargill for a reason!

i did my first claim at the new branch and did it wrong! :awesome: my mistake will cost the company $50. oops. not a great impression to make to my new boss really.

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 09:21 AM
That's not cool!

You should try the one I go to. It's just up Symonds St from uni, and she's much easier to talk to than any of the others I've ever been to.

Tacticalkat
14-10-2009, 09:23 AM
last time i went it was in invercargill and it was the total small town mentality, she knew someone who was a sister of someone i went to high school with. she kept going on about people i just did not care about. for fuck sakes, i left invercargill for a reason!

i did my first claim at the new branch and did it wrong! :awesome: my mistake will cost the company $50. oops. not a great impression to make to my new boss really.

Oh bugger! At least it was only 50 bucks! Remember the bank thing where they accidently transferred all that money ( I can't remember but it was a ridiculous amount)

At least it wasn't like that! :)

That's not cool!

You should try the one I go to. It's just up Symonds St from uni, and she's much easier to talk to than any of the others I've ever been to.

I just might do that! Because I now dont have one, and my fringe should have it's own orbit it's so out of control!

darkshineskitty
14-10-2009, 10:49 AM

-When watching tv with the parents and there's a particularly awkward sex scene

This.

I don't really have awkward conversation at the hairdressers. I just use the opportunity to stare blankly into space or at my reflection. I'm an excellent daydreamer- anywhere, anytime- so I find it easy to just zone out and not feel awkward at all.
That said, next time I go its probably going to be uber awkward :LOL:

_Ed_
14-10-2009, 11:26 AM
http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/train-drags-half-naked-mooner-along-tracks-3069657

Ghosty Ghost
14-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Hahahahahaha!

I've found a hairdresser who I'm actually reasonably comfortable chatting away with, which is a first.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 03:29 AM
So Nick Smith's made an apology (of low-to-average sincerity) for his comments. Better than nothing, but it doesn't suddenly make it alright.

Michelle
15-10-2009, 08:36 AM

Oh my, hahaha :LOL:

http://tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/paul-henry-giggles-into-world-headlines-3077741

Recognised :LOL:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure that's the kind of recognition we really want.

Tacticalkat
15-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure that's the kind of recognition we really want.

Shouldn't he be on there three times? Pretty sure he dissolved into giggles over "it's a lady ....with a moustache!"

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 09:55 AM
And over "we've received some complaints from blind viewers."

He's a knob.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm doing another awful show at work - "Killer in the Family". Really regretting saying I liked horror movies in my job interview.

But now it's time to go home. :D

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 09:57 AM
What exactly were the comments that Nick Smith made anyway?

JoBear
15-10-2009, 10:02 AM
People, and their families, who commit suicide or acts of self-harm, will no longer be eligible for compensation.

Dr Smith said if someone with a family committed suicide the family could have been given almost $1 million in compensation over time.

He would not say whether that was an incentive for people contemplating suicide.

"If my doctor told me that I was terminally ill and I had 30 days to live, with the ACC rules the way they are, I'd be finding myself a train to throw myself under on the 29th day because my family would be treated so much more generously," Dr Smith told reporters.

Suicide was tragic but not an accident, he said.

as oren said

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 10:14 AM
as oren said

Oh sorry, must have missed that post.

What a weird thing to say.

JoBear
15-10-2009, 10:24 AM
i'm starting to realise how little people actually understand about the reason ACC exists. they seem to be just falling for national's push to have it privatised. i'm so frustrated by it all. i do not want our society to become one of litigation that if i was involved in a serious car accident, instead of getting 80% of my wages from the second week (and first week paid by the employer if it was on the way to work!), that i would have to hire a lawyer and spend heaps of money going through the court sueing whoever is responsible. :noey:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, exactly. It's something that people should be frightened by, not accepting of.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Posted this in Banter but reposting here simply for making conversation:

Do any of you guys get banner ads in your email etc for that 'Evony' internet game? Those ads are just getting more and more ridiculous

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, so I guess my answer is no!

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, so I guess my answer is no!

Its like one of those online worldwide multiplayer game things, something to do with building medieval cities and battling, etc. I imagine its like Age of Empires on a bigger international scale. But the pictures they use for the ads are so stupid. It started with like an painted image of busty, glowing maiden with something like 'your empire awaits, my lord!' written underneath. Which, okay, at least she was in a medieval outfit and had the lingo down. But now the ads are just photos of hot girls wearing questionable outfits. They're not even fitting the theme! :LOL: Shameless.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I guess they know their target audience.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Must do. Argh, I have the remainder of a cough and its just at that tickly stage where coughing is really unsatisfying and relieves the tickle for about a second. I was twitching all day in class today trying to suppress it.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Ugh, awful!

Good day, apart from that?

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Ugh, awful!

Good day, apart from that?

It was alright. I had my earliest class of the week, and watched a Woody Allen film in my gap for one of my papers, and then had a tut and lecture later. Talked to the guy in my class who I sit with and he was particularly funny today, which was nice :LOL:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 11:34 AM
That's cool. :)

Which Woody Allen film?

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 11:35 AM
That's cool. :)

Which Woody Allen film?

It's called Manhattan.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 11:35 AM
CLAMOURING is an excellent word.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 11:36 AM
It's called Manhattan.
Ah, right. Haven't seen that one. How was it?

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 11:49 AM
CLAMOURING is an excellent word.

CLAMOURING for attention?

Ah, right. Haven't seen that one. How was it?

It was okay. Some funny moments. I get bored watching movies in the A.V library though. The closeness to the screen and mediocre chairs become uncomfortable.

What did you do today?

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I can imagine.

I had a lazy day today, apart from work - woke up at like 9 but stayed in bed until after 11. :LOL: Didn't bother going in to uni...the mini extensions they've given us gives me such a false sense of security.

I have to park in Ponsonby when I go to work because they won't let any non-executives park under the building until after 7. I managed to time it so my walk from Ponsonby to work and my walk back there to move my car in my break coincided with heavy rain. :indiff:

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I can imagine.

I had a lazy day today, apart from work - woke up at like 9 but stayed in bed until after 11. :LOL: Didn't bother going in to uni...the mini extensions they've given us gives me such a false sense of security.

I have to park in Ponsonby when I go to work because they won't let any non-executives park under the building until after 7. I managed to time it so my walk from Ponsonby to work and my walk back there coincided with heavy rain. :indiff:

I hate when work places don't give you free parking! :mad:
At Alt, we had about 3 car parks designated to us in a parking lot, because other businesses shared the place, and so did people living in apartments near by. So it was first-come, first-served usually. Although because it was weekend work, we sometimes got to steal the Nickelodeon/MTV spaces :ninja:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Good on you! 3 parks is just ridiculous.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2009/10/14/2009-10-14_halo_cloud_over_moscow_ufo_or_natural_beauty_.h tml
That's one damn cool cloud.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Good on you! 3 parks is just ridiculous.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2009/10/14/2009-10-14_halo_cloud_over_moscow_ufo_or_natural_beauty_.h tml
That's one damn cool cloud.

Oh wow, that is lovely. It's cool when you also see those mushroom-cap/halo clouds hovering over mountains. They look so supernatural.

Michelle
15-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Posted this in Banter but reposting here simply for making conversation:

Do any of you guys get banner ads in your email etc for that 'Evony' internet game? Those ads are just getting more and more ridiculous

Yeah I get those :rolleyes: Never clicked on them and just try to ignore them now.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:08 PM
I hate those ads where, if you accidentally just skim the edge of them with the cursor, BAM! They become a bloody behemoth that takes up more than half the screen.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I especially hate ones that make a noise when you scroll over them and if you didn't realise the sound is on you get a shock! :eek:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I hate those too. I don't see how those ads can help sell anything - I'd have a more negative view of a company after one of their ads almost gave me a heart attack.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I hate those too. I don't see how those ads can help sell anything - I'd have a more negative view of a company after one of their ads almost gave me a heart attack.

I know! And they're usually for weird things that you wouldn't think would have the money to pay for advertising.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:20 PM
FUCKING FUCKING FUCK RATS

I hate the rats in our ceiling! They woke me up at 4:30am the other day- thats how loud they were scrabbling around up there! :mad:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:25 PM
That's a bit unpleasant. And annoying!

I have a story to tell about rats. When I was little, I got up early one morning, turned on the TV and knelt down on the floor in the middle of the lounge.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw something furry coming towards me. I was only half-awake, so I assumed it was our cat. I put my hand out to stroke it.

Turns out I was stroking a rat (that our cat had kindly brought in).

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:26 PM
That's a bit unpleasant. And annoying!

I have a story to tell about rats. When I was little, I got up early one morning, turned on the TV and knelt down on the floor in the middle of the lounge.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw something furry coming towards me. I was only half-awake, so I assumed it was our cat. I put my hand out to stroke it.

Turns out I was stroking a rat (that our cat had kindly brought in).

Ew.
At least your cat brought it in (and it was presumably dead?) rather than just being a ballsy one.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:27 PM
No, it was alive. I woke my parents up with my screams and they got it out of the house. :LOL:

Not a fond memory.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:31 PM
No, it was alive. I woke my parents up with my screams and they got it out of the house. :LOL:

Not a fond memory.

Okay yeah that is terrifying.
Now I'm scared :stunned:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Sorry!

To change the subject, any plans for tomorrow?

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Sorry!

To change the subject, any plans for tomorrow?

I don't have uni, so probably not. My friends usually have a drinking day at Shadows so I might turn up if I can be bothered going in on the bus. I have to pick up my mum from the mechanics at 11 and drop her back later though. I was looking forward to a sleep in.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Nothing beats a sleep in.

I'll be going out with friends tomorrow night and was thinking of suggesting Shadows, but then I remembered that I don't much like the Friday DJ and the strobe light thingies are ARGHH BLINDING!

So we'll go somewhere else I think.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Nothing beats a sleep in.

I'll be going out with friends tomorrow night and was thinking of suggesting Shadows, but then I remembered that I don't much like the Friday DJ and the strobe light thingies are ARGHH BLINDING!

So we'll go somewhere else I think.

Nice, always good to try something different some times! Go to Cassette.

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe. I'm thinking we should start somewhere quiet though - one of my friends is just back from a month in Finland, I'd like to catch up with him and be able to hear what he's been up to.

Guess I should go to uni and work on assignments in the afternoon though. But one of them I haven't even chosen my topic for, and the other one's the one I thought I had finished but that's been left in disarray after Tuesday's class and I might have to go and talk to the lecturer about.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Maybe. I'm thinking we should start somewhere quiet though - one of my friends is just back from a month in Finland, I'd like to catch up with him and be able to hear what he's been up to.

Guess I should go to uni and work on assignments in the afternoon though. But one of them I haven't even chosen my topic for, and the other one's the one I thought I had finished but that's been left in disarray after Tuesday's class and I might have to go and talk to the lecturer about.

Talk to that girl about it! :chuckle:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:45 PM
How messed up that essay is can be summed up with this quote by my lecturer, summing up his opinion of the idea that in my essay I had concluded was the best one available...

"I think it's a load of bollocks."

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Talk to that girl about it! :chuckle:
I did send her a Facebook message yesterday suggesting that, so yeah I guess I should give it a couple of days, just in case.

Don't want to wait too long and leave myself not enough time though.

darkshineskitty
15-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Thats a bit harsh of the lecturer :LOL:

Ah, that's true, that's true! Good on you for taking that step though! :happy:

I'm going to go to bed, have a good day tomorrow :happy:

_Ed_
15-10-2009, 01:18 PM
You too! Night!

What's with all this "sexy plane" nonsense in the gigs threads? They're really making it hard for people who just want to have a casual peruse to see what the setlists were. And then they come up with annoying nicknames for songs that are hard to decipher (Uprising is something to do with teddies and MOTP is 'roneriness'). FFS.

That's my rant done. I'll be off to bed now too. Night all.

Michelle
15-10-2009, 11:59 PM
'Sexy plane' started quite a while ago with people being bored waiting for setlists. I saw the beginning of it but can't remember what started it.

But as for the 'ducks list', that is getting annoying as they aren't posting the readable list so often and you have to search through pages for it when you can't understand the ducks lists. I only remeber TITS :LOL:

Holstarr
16-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Hiya :)
I had my little baby 'Moa' on 3rd October. 5lb 8oz, named Violet Inara :)
Here are some piccies....
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz167/Holstarr/Violet_sleepy1.jpg
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz167/Holstarr/Violet_chillaxed.jpg
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz167/Holstarr/Violet_incubator.jpg
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz167/Holstarr/Violet_waitak.jpg
Hope you are all well :)

darkshineskitty
16-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Congratulations Holstarr!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/maria_meza/Baby-its-a-girl.gif

Edit: Wow I did not realise how sparkly that was until I posted it :stunned:

_Ed_
16-10-2009, 03:17 AM
Congrats, Holly! :)

Ghosty Ghost
16-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Cute baby, nice one!

JoBear
16-10-2009, 04:41 AM
hows the first couple weeks at home been for you? must be quite the change. thanks for sharing photos, cute baby indeed!

_Ed_
16-10-2009, 04:52 AM
How was your day, Jo?

JoBear
16-10-2009, 05:02 AM
oh it was so boring. saw like one customer. my new boss keeps saying to me to tell him if i'm too bored and it does my head in...but then what's he going to do? he's a strange man, when he asks me questions it makes me really nervous because usually there's no right answer!

but at lunchtime i had fun trying flavoured olive oils in a store called vom fass. i hardly ever go to the city in christchurch so has given me a chance to look around.

been told i have to go to another branch some mornings next week...last time i saw that branch manager was a drunken conversation at an xmas party and i said some really :facepalm:-y things.

_Ed_
16-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Searches for journal articles often reveal the most unexpected results. Who would have thought "Nuisance Alligator Control in Florida" would pop up in a search for ping pong diplomacy?

JoBear
16-10-2009, 05:03 AM
our search function on our intranet is so piss poor. you search contacts for "jo" and i don't even come up.

_Ed_
16-10-2009, 05:04 AM
oh it was so boring. saw like one customer. my new boss keeps saying to me to tell him if i'm too bored and it does my head in...but then what's he going to do? he's a strange man, when he asks me questions it makes me really nervous because usually there's no right answer!

been told i have to go to another branch some mornings next week...last time i saw that branch manager was a drunken conversation at an xmas party and i said some really :facepalm:-y things.
Sounds awkward in the first case and potentially awkward in the second.

And how are you, Oren?

_Ed_
16-10-2009, 05:05 AM
"Hairdos and Don'ts: Hair Symbolism and Sexual History in Samoa"

Now honestly.

Michelle
16-10-2009, 05:07 AM

Aww, congratulations! :D

_Ed_
16-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Right, enough of this. I've spent the last 5 hours in the library or the computer lab. Time to meet my friends, have dinner and get on the piss.

Hope you all have a nice evening. :)

JoBear
16-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Right, enough of this. I've spent the last 5 hours in the library or the computer lab. Time to meet my friends, have dinner and get on the piss.

have fun!

Michelle
16-10-2009, 05:11 AM
Searches for journal articles often reveal the most unexpected results. Who would have thought "Nuisance Alligator Control in Florida" would pop up in a search for ping pong diplomacy?

:LOL: Alligators going after ping pong balls perhaps?

Oh nice, you have a good evening too!

http://www.youtube.com/v/9T1vfsHYiKY&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

:happy::LOL:

Ghosty Ghost
16-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Sounds awkward in the first case and potentially awkward in the second.

And how are you, Oren?
I'm alright thanks, another fairly wasteful day at home. My dad is in town for the weekend to celebrate his birthday, and he is a having a party type thing at a bar in town tonight, so that should be fun.

Holstarr
16-10-2009, 10:00 AM
hows the first couple weeks at home been for you? must be quite the change. thanks for sharing photos, cute baby indeed!

Ahh sadly baby is in NICU in Auckland hospital so I'm at home while she is being cared for. :(
She has Hirschsprungs Disease and we are waiting on a date so she can have surgery. Also, though you can't see it in the photos, she doesn't have a left hand. But apart from that... she is perfect!!! I wish she was at home with me though. :(

Michelle
16-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Ahh sadly baby is in NICU in Auckland hospital so I'm at home while she is being cared for. :(
She has Hirschsprungs Disease and we are waiting on a date so she can have surgery. Also, though you can't see it in the photos, she doesn't have a left hand. But apart from that... she is perfect!!! I wish she was at home with me though. :(

Oh dear, must be hard for you being away from her :( All the best for the surgery!

darkshineskitty
16-10-2009, 12:58 PM

Oh no, that's not good :( Good on you for being positive though! :happy:

Okay guys I'm not a huge weddings person, but somehow I got drawn to the Disney weddings website via Facebook and it looks beautiful! I mean I know these weddings seem so commercial and stuff but the locations really are very pretty, and omg the cakes! See for yourselves
http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/design-studio/cakes/detail
BEAUTIFUL :supersad:

JoBear
16-10-2009, 10:40 PM
i hope she's home with you soon holly!

ugh, i hate disneyland. especially the princess parade and the princesses all have the fakest smiles ever. that sort of forced smile that really is saying "please kill me now." that said, the rollercoaster at california dreaming is awesome.

darkshineskitty
17-10-2009, 12:16 AM
i hope she's home with you soon holly!

ugh, i hate disneyland. especially the princess parade and the princesses all have the fakest smiles ever. that sort of forced smile that really is saying "please kill me now." that said, the rollercoaster at california dreaming is awesome.

But- but- the CAKES :supersad:

_Ed_
17-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Those are extraordinary cakes.

Michelle
17-10-2009, 08:45 AM
It'd be so hard to stick a knife in one of the cakes, I wouldn't want to destroy it :LOL: But they do look yum as well.

Tacticalkat
17-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Hiya :)
I had my little baby 'Moa' on 3rd October. 5lb 8oz, named Violet Inara :)
Here are some piccies....

Awww Congratulations! She's beautiful! Tiny too! Good luck with the surgery and her recovery!

How is everyone? I had my best friend's wedding yesterday. Started my bridesmaid duties at 8am and finished packing up everything at 1 am.
I'm exhausted!
She had the photo's done before the ceremony, which felt very weird and was a bit awkward, but turned out well because it rained ten minutes before the outdoor ceremony so it was moved into the reception venue.
It was the shortest ceremony I've ever been to, about five minutes! The pastor mucked up and missed out their vows!! And the rings, so they just put them on each other without saying anything, but the rest of the reception went well!
Everyone looked amazing too, I had my hair and make up done by a professional and I didn't look like me at all! So that was nice too!!

JoBear
18-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Photos or it didn't happen. :awesome:

_Ed_
18-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Yes.

Good to hear most of it went well though!

darkshineskitty
18-10-2009, 01:53 AM
It'd be so hard to stick a knife in one of the cakes, I wouldn't want to destroy it :LOL: But they do look yum as well.

I know, but they look delicious! There's one made in the shape of the Disney castle that's pure white chocolate :stunned:

This.

Tacticalkat
18-10-2009, 03:23 AM

Hahahha, ok!

I tried to spoiler them and failed, sorry everyone has to see them all!

How do you get your pictures to go inside the spoiler?

JoBear
18-10-2009, 03:26 AM
you look lovely!

not sure if you can spoiler it if you attach them to the board? only if you link them? this is all assumption but a spoiler tag is [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] without the spaces.

Tacticalkat
18-10-2009, 03:33 AM
you look lovely!

not sure if you can spoiler it if you attach them to the board? only if you link them? this is all assumption but a spoiler tag is [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] without the spaces.

Yeah I tried it the normal way and I don't think I can link them? Oh well!

And thanks! I'm sure it's someone else and not me, I'm not that lady like :D

_Ed_
18-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Great pictures. Where was the reception?

Tacticalkat
18-10-2009, 03:45 AM
It was at Duders in Devenport, the ceremony was supposed to be on the beach across the road but the rain chased us inside!

darkshineskitty
18-10-2009, 04:56 AM
Hahahha, ok!

I tried to spoiler them and failed, sorry everyone has to see them all!

How do you get your pictures to go inside the spoiler?

Wow that's so lovely :happy: I really like the style of the bridesmaid's dresses, how they're short in contrast to the long white dress. Also you look really pretty! :happy:
The cream/tan dress that girl in the group shot is wearing is really nice too, I'd like one like that.
I think a wedding I went to had a reception at Duders too!

You can spoiler attachments. Okay what you have to do is attach the picture you want to your post, and then in the window that comes up, under 'current attachments' you click the attachment, and it should open it in a new page. In the url it says 'attachmentid=' and then a number. Chuck the number in the [ attach] [ /attach] tags and wrap some spoilers around it and you're done :happy: There's probably a faster way of doing it but this is the only way I know.
Example: attachmentid=6984
[ SPOILER][ attach]6984[ /attach][ /SPOILER]

JoBear
18-10-2009, 04:58 AM
that's a wee moa

darkshineskitty
18-10-2009, 05:13 AM
I'm having one of those days where I just cannot be assed to work on my essay. Got about 600 words to go, it sucks so bad. I don't even adhere to the question properly. Just going to get it done, chuck a few references in and hand this shit in. I'm over it.

_Ed_
18-10-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm having one of those days where I just cannot be assed to work on my essay. Got about 600 words to go, it sucks so bad. I don't even adhere to the question properly. Just going to get it done, chuck a few references in and hand this shit in. I'm over it.
I know that feeling. Not long to go now though. Is it your last bit of coursework? Do you have exams?

JoBear
18-10-2009, 07:18 AM
yay sold most of my muse singles on trademe. and the tshirt. but damn, the trademe fees are ridiculous now. the singles all went to the same person but she seems lovely so i'm sure they will have a nice new appreciative home.

i should really do my assignment but i really don't care. i've inherited two claims at my new work that are going to disputes tribunal, one on wednesday. and i've been called to the district court during study leave for my exam. :facepalm: but no one else can go.

Tacticalkat
18-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Wow that's so lovely :happy: I really like the style of the bridesmaid's dresses, how they're short in contrast to the long white dress. Also you look really pretty! :happy:
The cream/tan dress that girl in the group shot is wearing is really nice too, I'd like one like that.
I think a wedding I went to had a reception at Duders too!

You can spoiler attachments. Okay what you have to do is attach the picture you want to your post, and then in the window that comes up, under 'current attachments' you click the attachment, and it should open it in a new page. In the url it says 'attachmentid=' and then a number. Chuck the number in the [ attach] [ /attach] tags and wrap some spoilers around it and you're done :happy: There's probably a faster way of doing it but this is the only way I know.
Example: attachmentid=6984
[ SPOILER][ attach]6984[ /attach][ /SPOILER]

Thanks! Will try that next time! The bridesmaid dresses were awesome, and I will totally be able to wear it again! Win!

I got Hullabaloo today, lol! So I spent the day watching that, and like you guys have ignored any uni work I'm meant to have done. And I don't even care.

Did anyone watch Wipeout? One guy made it the whole way across the big red balls, it was awesome!

Michelle
18-10-2009, 09:58 AM
How is everyone? I had my best friend's wedding yesterday. Started my bridesmaid duties at 8am and finished packing up everything at 1 am.
I'm exhausted!
She had the photo's done before the ceremony, which felt very weird and was a bit awkward, but turned out well because it rained ten minutes before the outdoor ceremony so it was moved into the reception venue.
It was the shortest ceremony I've ever been to, about five minutes! The pastor mucked up and missed out their vows!! And the rings, so they just put them on each other without saying anything, but the rest of the reception went well!
Everyone looked amazing too, I had my hair and make up done by a professional and I didn't look like me at all! So that was nice too!!

That's a shame about about the forgetful pastor and the rain, but at least it wasn't too disastrous. Glad you had a good time, you all look great :)

i should really do my assignment but i really don't care. i've inherited two claims at my new work that are going to disputes tribunal, one on wednesday. and i've been called to the district court during study leave for my exam. :facepalm: but no one else can go.

Oh bugger.

I really wanted to get more of my assignment work done today, but my computer has been slow so I've probably read more of 'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' than papers whilst restarting my computer and what not. Now it's fine but I don't feel like reading papers, ugh, maybe one before getting back to reading books.

_Ed_
18-10-2009, 10:00 AM
I got Hullabaloo today, lol! So I spent the day watching that
Awesome, innit?

Michelle
18-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I got Hullabaloo today, lol! So I spent the day watching that, and like you guys have ignored any uni work I'm meant to have done. And I don't even care.

Nice! :D Did you get all worked up and head banging around like some of us do whilst watching it? :$

Did anyone watch Wipeout? One guy made it the whole way across the big red balls, it was awesome!

Really?! Wow, good on them. :LOL:

I haven't watched much tv tonight, my friend came over to have burgerfuel and watch 'six days seven nights'.

Tacticalkat
18-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Awesome, innit?

Nice! :D Did you get all worked up and head banging around like some of us do whilst watching it? :$

Really?! Wow, good on them. :LOL:

I haven't watched much tv tonight, my friend came over to have burgerfuel and watch 'six days seven nights'.

It's SO awesome. Total fangirl day! I got a little carried away re enacting the 'sit the fuck down' part......

Hahah and the funniest moment of the day was when I heard Muse cranking full volume from downstairs, went in and Dad is sitting with the rock band drums, drumming along to 'uprising' on surround sound...........

Michelle
18-10-2009, 10:22 AM
It's SO awesome. Total fangirl day! I got a little carried away re enacting the 'sit the fuck down' part......

Hahah and the funniest moment of the day was when I heard Muse cranking full volume from downstairs, went in and Dad is sitting with the rock band drums, drumming along to 'uprising' on surround sound...........

:LOL: Nice!

Awesome dad is awesome :awesome:

Michelle
18-10-2009, 11:33 AM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0515.jpg

Tacticalkat
19-10-2009, 04:13 AM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0515.jpg

Nooo waaaaay! Is that you with it?????? It's GORGEOUS!

Michelle
19-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Yup, it's me. They are super cute :happy: That is the boy and here's the girl:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0521.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0524.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0525.jpg
Just taking her time to get the pear :LOL::happy:

Ghosty Ghost
19-10-2009, 04:52 AM
Red pandas?

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 05:06 AM
You're braver than I am - I didn't even try to guess.

Michelle
19-10-2009, 05:18 AM
Red pandas?

Of course :)

I may have to post more pictures just for you guys to learn how to identity animals :LOL:

Tacticalkat
19-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Red pandas?

You're braver than I am - I didn't even try to guess.

Of course :)

I may have to post more pictures just for you guys to learn how to identity animals :LOL:

Whoops. I was going between some kind of raccoon or maybe a bear? Hahhahah, looks like you will have to post more pics, your fellow Moas need educating!

JoBear
19-10-2009, 06:35 AM
where are the red pandas?

Michelle
19-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Whoops. I was going between some kind of raccoon or maybe a bear? Hahhahah, looks like you will have to post more pics, your fellow Moas need educating!

1.http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0497.jpg
2.http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0539.jpg
3.http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0530.jpg
:awesome:

Michelle
19-10-2009, 06:42 AM
where are the red pandas?

Wellington Zoo.

JoBear
19-10-2009, 06:59 AM
did a dingo eat your baby?

Michelle
19-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Nope. Gave me a cuddle then ate a shank of some other unfortunate animals baby.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0536.jpg

I think you'd like Fabio, Jo.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0421.jpg

JoBear
19-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Awwwh. I see your Fabio and raise you a Roldo!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2128/88/10/696162781/n696162781_1911004_5908.jpg

Did you get any photos of the sunbears? :awesome:

Tacticalkat
19-10-2009, 08:55 AM

1.http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0497.jpg
2.http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0539.jpg
3.http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0530.jpg

Ooooh ooooh I know!

A tiger, a two bats, a Moa and a dingo? :D

Michelle
19-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Awwwh. I see your Fabio and raise you a Roldo!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2128/88/10/696162781/n696162781_1911004_5908.jpg

Did you get any photos of the sunbears? :awesome:

Aww :happy:

I just got this one of the bears.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0416.jpg

Ooooh ooooh I know!

A tiger, a two bats, a Moa and a dingo? :D

Good good. A sumatran tiger and little red flying foxes to be more specific.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0389.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0408.jpg

And a toughy..
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0435.jpg

Tacticalkat
19-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Aww :happy:

I just got this one of the bears.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0416.jpg

Good good. A sumatran tiger and little red flying foxes to be more specific.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0389.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0408.jpg

And a toughy..
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0435.jpg

hmmmm, a .... wart hog? and ummm, a squirrek type wallaby thing, and some cute mammal sort of things!
You post hard ones!!!

Tacticalkat
19-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh oh! The last one must be a type of fox?

JoBear
19-10-2009, 09:18 AM
its an african wild dog!

Michelle
19-10-2009, 09:28 AM

Collared peccary, parma wallaby and jo is correct, pack of African wild dogs cuddled together in their den :happy:

Tacticalkat
19-10-2009, 09:36 AM

Collared peccary, parma wallaby and jo is correct, pack of African wild dogs cuddled together in their den :happy:

Wooo, I was part right with the hog and the wallaby! I think you made those things up! :p

Michelle
19-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Wooo, I was part right with the hog and the wallaby! I think you made those things up! :p

Did not! :phu:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/SeUn.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0454.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0456.jpg

Tacticalkat
19-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Did not! :phu:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/SeUn.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0454.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/Wellington%20Zoo/IMG_0456.jpg

Hahhahah love it! Why is it that giraffes always do that? Heh!

A porcupine?

And the last one??? Come on! It has no head!!!!

Tacticalkat
19-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Oh wait, is it a panda?

Michelle
19-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Hahhahah love it! Why is it that giraffes always do that? Heh!

A porcupine?

They have impressive tounges, so I guess they like to show them off?

Yes to porcupine.

And the last one??? Come on! It has no head!!!!

Oh wait, is it a panda?

No :LOL: It's just curled up in to a ball.

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Of course

I knew it was a red panda! :p

And a toughy..

I is jealous! They're all so cute! :happy:

No :LOL: It's just curled up in to a ball.

A skunk? :erm:

Finished and handed in my shitty essay today :awesome: Rewrote an entire section last night at about 1am. Probably not going to get a very good mark but don't care. Still got my creative writing portfolio to finish but I don't mind since that's actually fun. Got to do a presentation on Wednesday for that class.
Has anyone heard from Lenny lately? :erm:

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 11:21 AM
I fell over spectacularly at uni today. :facepalm: I rolled my ankle, then did a couple of really graceful staggery lunges, giving spectators the impression for a split second that I just might manage to regain control of the situation and remain vertical, but then BAM! Down I went. :LOL:

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Finished and handed in my shitty essay today :awesome: Rewrote an entire section last night at about 1am. Probably not going to get a very good mark but don't care. Still got my creative writing portfolio to finish but I don't mind since that's actually fun. Got to do a presentation on Wednesday for that class.
Well done for finishing that essay! I'm sure you'll end up doing a lot better than you think.

I've been wondering about Lenny's whereabouts as well. Hope all is well.

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 11:28 AM
I fell over spectacularly at uni today. :facepalm: I rolled my ankle, then did a couple of really graceful staggery lunges, giving spectators the impression for a split second that I just might manage to regain control of the situation and remain vertical, but then BAM! Down I went. :LOL:

I've been wondering about Lenny's whereabouts as well. Hope all is well.

Oh no :LOL: that is quite a shame. Where was it?
Hmm, I hope she's okay. I miss her presence around here.

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Oh no :LOL: that is quite a shame. Where was it?
Hmm, I hope she's okay. I miss her presence around here.
HSB quad - quite the public place.

I miss her too.

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 11:33 AM
HSB quad - quite the public place.

Ahhh, that's embarrassing.
Did you ever get a Facebook reply from that girl?

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah, very embarrassing. To add insult to injury, in my desperate attempt to get up before too many more people noticed I'd hit the deck, I stood on one of my ipod headphones that had fallen out of my pocket, breaking it.

And nah, I didn't. It's possible she hasn't seen my message, I guess, although she did a status update thingy the other day. Hope the class isn't awkward tomorrow. :unsure:

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, very embarrassing. To add insult to injury, in my desperate attempt to get up before too many more people noticed I'd hit the deck, I stood on one of my ipod headphones that had fallen out of my pocket, breaking it.

And nah, I didn't. It's possible she hasn't seen my message, I guess, although she did a status update thingy the other day. Hope the class isn't awkward tomorrow. :unsure:

Ah no, not cool!

Maybe she's just waiting to respond in person :happy: Think positive!

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Nah, pessimism's the way to go. That way, you're never disappointed.

But having said that, we walk the same way after class - with me not having headphones now, the easy way out option of not talking may not be available.

In other news, this bear has its priorities right - http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/bear-makes-beeline-beer-fridge-3080996

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 11:55 AM

But having said that, we walk the same way after class - with me not having headphones now, the easy way out option of not talking may not be available.

In other news, this bear has its priorities right - http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/bear-makes-beeline-beer-fridge-3080996

:LOL: I love how it just sat there, chillin'
(see what I did there?)

Haha yusss, perfect opportunity! I'm the kind of person who walks deliberately slowly so the person will walk past me and I have an excuse to say hi, or will pack up my books slowly so we happen to leave the lecture theatre at the same time :LOL:

Last night I had a dream that me and two friends killed someone and put their pieces into a duffel bag. And at one point I was carrying it and someone wanted to look inside and I had to convince them not to by holding it close and blood was leaking out onto me. :stunned: wat.

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 11:57 AM
(see what I did there?)

Haha yusss, perfect opportunity! I'm the kind of person who walks deliberately slowly so the person will walk past me and I have an excuse to say hi, or will pack up my books slowly so we happen to leave the lecture theatre at the same time :LOL:
Haha, I do that too. Sounds like a plan.

Last night I had a dream that me and two friends killed someone and put their pieces into a duffel bag. And at one point I was carrying it and someone wanted to look inside and I had to convince them not to by holding it close and blood was leaking out onto me. :stunned: wat.
:stunned:
So apart from that, and the stress of staying up late to finish an essay, how are you?

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Haha, I do that too. Sounds like a plan.

So apart from that, and the stress of staying up late to finish an essay, how are you?

It works too :p

I'm okay. Sitting in bed with tissues again. Had a relapse of the sniffles.
Otherwise I'm just checking Facebook. Waiting for a friend to watch a video I left her so I can discuss it in excruciating detail :LOL:

You?

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Any discussion in anything less than excruciating detail is entirely inadequate.

I'm pretty good thanks. Can't believe it's the last week of the semester! Although one of my essays (which I haven't yet started) has been extended until the 2nd of November, so freedom's not quite on the horizon yet.

Are you going to End of Daze?

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Any discussion in anything less than excruciating detail is entirely inadequate.

I'm pretty good thanks. Can't believe it's the last week of the semester! Although one of my essays (which I haven't yet started) has been extended until the 2nd of November, so freedom's not quite on the horizon yet.

Are you going to End of Daze?

Is that on Friday? I'll be at uni then so might if I'm just hanging around. Yourself?

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, Friday.

I might go. I have an essay due at 3 that day, so I'll see how that goes before deciding. The lineup doesn't really excite me, apart from Collapsing Cities.

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Friday.

I might go. I have an essay due at 3 that day, so I'll see how that goes before deciding. The lineup doesn't really excite me, apart from Collapsing Cities.

Oh true. Essay first :LOL:

I STILL DON'T HAVE A JOB :( I really reeeeeeally need money. Probably going to work with my dad, which is fine, but he already employs my sister too. So while it will be fun to work with them, I really want some outside income!

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, can totally understand that. What sort of thing are you looking for?

darkshineskitty
19-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, can totally understand that. What sort of thing are you looking for?

Retail hopefully. There's a mall nearish here that I keep dropping CVs into but I have a feeling they have a pneumatic pipe system that simply sends the paper onto a large pile somewhere out in the jungle, Lost-style. I'm probably going to be too late to get any Christmas work, which means no money over the holiday period. I want to be able to buy things! I'm tired of living with $140 a month for bus fares, lunches, and all those other little expenses. I haven't bought anything over $30 bucks for myself for ages (excepting The Resistance), and yet my savings haven't increased at all. Bitch bitch whine moan.
I'm going to bed. Got a tutorial tomorrow but fuck it. I need sleep more. Night. Good luck at class tomorrow :LOL:

_Ed_
19-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I want to be able to buy things! I'm tired of living with $140 a month for bus fares, lunches, and all those other little expenses. I haven't bought anything over $30 bucks for myself for ages (excepting The Resistance), and yet my savings haven't increased at all.
Ugh, you must get so sick of that. It's not fun at all. I hope you can find something.

I'm going to bed. Got a tutorial tomorrow but fuck it. I need sleep more. Night. Good luck at class tomorrow :LOL:
Night! I probably should go in early for my class tomorrow and get some work done in the library first, but I'm thinking the same way as you - fuck it.

Have a good day. :)

JoBear
19-10-2009, 06:59 PM

i just think with that story they probably are missing out the part where they shot the bear :(

Michelle
20-10-2009, 12:09 AM

No. Clue time- it's a primate.

:LOL: Nothing like a cold refreshment on a warm day.

i just think with that story they probably are missing out the part where they shot the bear :(

After tranquilising and taking out of store? :(

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 03:38 AM
It's just not my week. :( Still sore from yesterday's fall, and then today... (Bad language warning!)
So I stayed up late last night watching DVDs and stuff, and didn't get to bed before 2:30. Probably got to sleep about 3. So I wasn't too impressed when my next-door neighbour started using his waterblaster (which has a loud, high-pitched buzzing sound that sounds a lot like a whole big swarm of seriously pissed off bees with microphones) at 7:15am. Fucking 7:15! I closed the windows, tried listening to music, but nothing drowned it out. It finally stopped at about 10.

At this point, I possibly should have set my alarm clock. Instead, I promptly went back to sleep and woke up at around 12:45. I had to leave for my class at 1. I thought, "fuck." No breakfast for me.

I then got rained on walking to the bus stop, and then missed the bus - so I had to drive in and park in Ponsonby and run to the class. I at this point started to doubt whether the class would be worth all this effort. But nah, of course it would - it was the day I finally got up the courage to properly talk to my classmate. Then she doesn't go to the class.

And the fucking class ran late, which meant I didn't have time to get any lunch/afternoon tea before coming to work. And I'm gonna be moving my car to the TVNZ carpark in my dinner break, so I won't get anything then either. Been a while since I last ate.
Geez, sorry about that. Felt good to get it all out there, but I don't recommend anyone actually reading it.

Michelle
20-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Oh, tough break :( Are there no shops you can pop into to grab some snacks on the way to your car?

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Yeah I probably will go into the dairy or the New World on my way up there, just to help me survive until I get my dinner at 11ish.

Anyway, how was your day, Michelle?

Tacticalkat
20-10-2009, 04:34 AM
I knew it was a red panda! :p

I is jealous! They're all so cute! :happy:

Has anyone heard from Lenny lately? :erm:

That's weird, I was wondering about her yesterday, and thought 'stuff it' and sent her a message hoping she's all right.
I hope she's just having an internet hiatus or something! :(

Oh. My.

That is quite spectaculer. And you ruined your headphones =(

(see what I did there?)

Wow, that's quite the imagination you have! Though it must be the weather or something because two nights ago I dreamt that my brother's friend went on this super rampage of murder and she had trapped me in the house and was going to stab me to death! ARRRGH!

It's just not my week. :( Still sore from yesterday's fall, and then today... (Bad language warning!)
So I stayed up late last night watching DVDs and stuff, and didn't get to bed before 2:30. Probably got to sleep about 3. So I wasn't too impressed when my next-door neighbour started using his waterblaster (which has a loud, high-pitched buzzing sound that sounds a lot like a whole big swarm of seriously pissed off bees with microphones) at 7:15am. Fucking 7:15! I closed the windows, tried listening to music, but nothing drowned it out. It finally stopped at about 10.

At this point, I possibly should have set my alarm clock. Instead, I promptly went back to sleep and woke up at around 12:45. I had to leave for my class at 1. I thought, "fuck." No breakfast for me.

I then got rained on walking to the bus stop, and then missed the bus - so I had to drive in and park in Ponsonby and run to the class. I at this point started to doubt whether the class would be worth all this effort. But nah, of course it would - it was the day I finally got up the courage to properly talk to my classmate. Then she doesn't go to the class.

And the fucking class ran late, which meant I didn't have time to get any lunch/afternoon tea before coming to work. And I'm gonna be moving my car to the TVNZ carpark in my dinner break, so I won't get anything then either. Been a while since I last ate.
Geez, sorry about that. Felt good to get it all out there, but I don't recommend anyone actually reading it.

Lame, lame lame! That sucks man! You should totally have used up your bad luck quota for the next few months with that lot there!!

Hope things pick up again!

darkshineskitty
20-10-2009, 04:39 AM

Ah, that sucks. Its so typical that the day you finally summon the courage to do something, the person doesn't show up. Happens to all of us.
Hope you can get something to eat before you collapse of starvation :erm:

Wow, that's quite the imagination you have! Though it must be the weather or something because two nights ago I dreamt that my brother's friend went on this super rampage of murder and she had trapped me in the house and was going to stab me to death! ARRRGH!

Must be something in the water

Michelle, I think I recognise what that animal is but I don't know what they're called! :LOL:

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 04:49 AM
So how are you guys?

Tacticalkat
20-10-2009, 05:01 AM
So how are you guys?

Good, I had a day that reminds me why I love my job. Got to ride in the back of an ambulance with the lights and sirens going, went to Auckland hospital.
And when I got back to work I got to do some cool cases so it was a good day.

I'm going to my old intermediate school tonight to see the school jazz band :D

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Good to hear you had a good day!

Which intermediate is that? I don't think mine even had a jazz band.

JoBear
20-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Is it a lemur?

My sister sent me amazing cupcakes. I was at another branch about 10 minute from mine for the morning and they got sent to my normal branch and I got an email "Something perishable has just been delivered - do you want it in the fridge?" I'll post some photos later. But that was nice of her. Made my day. Yesterday sucked, took my car to get a warrant and it failed so I spent $200 getting it to pass THEN they forget to retest it and I only noticed it when I had left the place. But the good thing was I could drive to work and park it there free all today as it was pissing with rain this morning.

I also got a crazy dress and petticoat in the mail. :awesome:

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Awesome about the cupcakes! Sorry to hear about the car though - frustrating.

darkshineskitty
20-10-2009, 05:45 AM

Pix plox :happy:

Tacticalkat
20-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Good to hear you had a good day!

Which intermediate is that? I don't think mine even had a jazz band.

Murrays Bay Intermediate =)
They have a 15 piece big band, I was in it a loooooong time ago hahah. They are awesome, especially since they are only 11 and 12 year olds.

Is it a lemur?

My sister sent me amazing cupcakes. I was at another branch about 10 minute from mine for the morning and they got sent to my normal branch and I got an email "Something perishable has just been delivered - do you want it in the fridge?" I'll post some photos later. But that was nice of her. Made my day. Yesterday sucked, took my car to get a warrant and it failed so I spent $200 getting it to pass THEN they forget to retest it and I only noticed it when I had left the place. But the good thing was I could drive to work and park it there free all today as it was pissing with rain this morning.

I thought lemur, but that's not a primate is it?

Awesome about the cup cakes, I can't wait to see them! Did she make them or order them?
Stink about the car, I just had to buy more road user charges for mine, and I haven't been the one driving it! Bah!

Dress pics tooooooo please!

JoBear
20-10-2009, 06:06 AM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs235.snc1/8229_191348947781_696162781_3927965_1899502_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs235.snc1/8229_191348952781_696162781_3927966_6228117_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs235.snc1/8229_191348957781_696162781_3927967_3569785_n.jpg

darkshineskitty
20-10-2009, 06:10 AM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs235.snc1/8229_191348947781_696162781_3927965_1899502_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs235.snc1/8229_191348952781_696162781_3927966_6228117_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs235.snc1/8229_191348957781_696162781_3927967_3569785_n.jpg

Wow, fancy!
These are the cupcakes my mum and I made for my sisters birthday
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs222.snc1/6932_188122383792_713523792_3778203_3982634_n.jpg
Fail :LOL:

JoBear
20-10-2009, 06:14 AM
just checked them out on the website: http://www.denheath.co.nz/product/182/KiddiesCupCakesPackOf10.boss

my sister has money to burn!

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Murrays Bay Intermediate =)
They have a 15 piece big band, I was in it a loooooong time ago hahah. They are awesome, especially since they are only 11 and 12 year olds.
Yeah, exactly. I remember being impressed by my high school jazz band, but intermediate is even more amazing.

Those cupcakes look fabulous.

darkshineskitty
20-10-2009, 06:29 AM
just checked them out on the website: http://www.denheath.co.nz/product/182/KiddiesCupCakesPackOf10.boss

Fricking heeeeck :stunned:

I'M SO OVER THIS COLD. I WAS ON MY WAY TO GETTING BETTER AND NOW I'M BACK TO RUNNY NOSE AND NEEDING A TISSUE EVERY TWO SECONDS OMGWTFBBQ. I HATE THIS. I NEED TO BE BETTER TOMORROW FOR PRESENTATION. I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO LOOK AT ME ALL GROSSED OUT MY BY RED NOSE AND ZONED OUT EXPRESSION. I HAVE PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME. CAPS LOCKS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT CAN EXPRESS MY RAGE.

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 06:34 AM
:(
No colds are fun, but the ones that linger and just don't clear up at all are the worst. You've had that one for ages now, it's not fair.

darkshineskitty
20-10-2009, 06:46 AM
I got better for a while but a few days ago it came back and now I'm worse than before. Got to be well before exams, and its my birthday soon. Plus I'm supposed to be doing stuff in the next week and such. :( And my mum keeps trying to get me to take medicines and stuff that don't work. GAAAAAAH I'm going nuts

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Yeah coming up to exam time is the worst time to be sick. Even worse if you've got your birthday too - it's like that for me sometimes. My birthday's always at the end of first semester exam time and I'm sometimes sick then. Sucks!

I've never found medicine things that really work.

Michelle
20-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Yeah I probably will go into the dairy or the New World on my way up there, just to help me survive until I get my dinner at 11ish.

Anyway, how was your day, Michelle?

That's ood you can get something then.

Ugh, I'm still trying to get through reading papers to write my essay, which is due tomorrow...

Michelle, I think I recognise what that animal is but I don't know what they're called! :LOL:

Is it a lemur?

Yeah, it's a black and white ruffed lemur.

I thought lemur, but that's not a primate is it?

They are primates. They apparently have the second loudest call, Howler monkey's being first.

And those cupcakes! :eek: They are awesome, would certainly brighten up your day :happy:

Hope you feel better by tomorrow Kitty!

Ghosty Ghost
20-10-2009, 08:08 AM

Did someone say Ood?

http://animoscrypt.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/ood.jpg

There's my contribution to the thread for the day!

Tacticalkat
20-10-2009, 08:09 AM

WOAH! They are EPIC! The best idea ever! Ouch at the price though!

I got better for a while but a few days ago it came back and now I'm worse than before. Got to be well before exams, and its my birthday soon. Plus I'm supposed to be doing stuff in the next week and such. :( And my mum keeps trying to get me to take medicines and stuff that don't work. GAAAAAAH I'm going nuts

That succccks! GET WELL SOOOOON! Loads of vit C if you are not doing it already and keep warm.

I have just realised that my exam is on the 2nd, and I haven't even thought about studying for it. Whoops!

Ugh, I'm still trying to get through reading papers to write my essay, which is due tomorrow...

Yeah, it's a black and white ruffed lemur.

They are primates. They apparently have the second loudest call, Howler monkey's being first.

And those cupcakes! :eek: They are awesome, would certainly brighten up your day :happy:

Hope you feel better by tomorrow Kitty!

Man I feel so ignorant, I know nothing about animals. I'm not sure what I thought lemurs were, but I had no idea they were primates!

This place is so educating!

JoBear
20-10-2009, 08:34 AM
yeah my sister is awesome. i said i wasn't enjoying my new work so she sent them to cheer me up. she sent some to my mum last week for her wedding anniversary. last year i said i was sad about my birthday being pretty average and she sent me flowers to my work anonymously. it said "roses are red, violets are blue, these flowers smell and so do you." i knew it was her from that as we used to (acutally still do) tell each we smell. on the cupcake card she wrote "CHEER UP CHARLIE!" and the quote from Willy Wonka "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." :happy:

i can't find out what the monkeys or perhaps orangutans that are orana park are. they are SO loud.

Tacticalkat
20-10-2009, 08:41 AM
yeah my sister is awesome. i said i wasn't enjoying my new work so she sent them to cheer me up. she sent some to my mum last week for her wedding anniversary. last year i said i was sad about my birthday being pretty average and she sent me flowers to my work anonymously. it said "roses are red, violets are blue, these flowers smell and so do you." i knew it was her from that as we used to (acutally still do) tell each we smell. on the cupcake card she wrote "CHEER UP CHARLIE!" and the quote from Willy Wonka "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." :happy:

i can't find out what the monkeys or perhaps orangutans that are orana park are. they are SO loud.

Awww she sounds lovely! Cheering you up in the best way!

Since we're on the subject of cakes and stuff, my sister in law made this for her friend's daughter's 21st:

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Did someone say Ood?

And it's an outstanding contribution, I must say.

Michelle
20-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Did someone say Ood?

Woops :LOL: Richard sure could have used a Ood today, fetch him some dinner and what not. Only if the Ood wanted to of course, he might rather be singing his lovely songs.

Man I feel so ignorant, I know nothing about animals. I'm not sure what I thought lemurs were, but I had no idea they were primates!

This place is so educating!

They are quite primative primates. They survived on Madagascar probably due to no competition with the addition of higher primates. But with loss of habitat and hunting they are endangered like so many other animals on the island :(

The white cheek gibbons at welly zoo were quite loud, most mornings as I arrived they were calling. Never heard their lemurs calling, only two of them, poor things. They were usually interested when we walked past with the llamas though.

Since we're on the subject of cakes and stuff, my sister in law made this for her friend's daughter's 21st:

Haha, that's awesome. Maybe I'll make another cake this weekend and try do some fancy decorating. I don't have the tools for it, but I'll find something to do.

darkshineskitty
20-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Sisters ftw <3

Awww she sounds lovely! Cheering you up in the best way!

:eek: woah that's amazing!

They are quite primative primates. They survived on Madagascar probably due to no competition with the addition of higher primates. But with loss of habitat and hunting they are endangered like so many other animals on the island :(

:chuckle: Just makes me think of King Julian

_Ed_
20-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Sisters ftw <3
:yesey:

JoBear
20-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Ah, it is a Gibbon - Siamang Gibbons in fact. Thanks Michelle, that was annoying me!

I've gotta got to court shortly. :(

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Today I skipped my first and only class of the semester. And guess what happens? I bump into the lecturer later in the day, who says "where were you?" :LOL: :facepalm:

But I said I was finishing an essay for another subject, he told me that I wasn't the only one who didn't turn up today, and we agreed he should suggest all the lecturers discuss what deadlines they're setting so they don't all end up in one week. That would be a highly satisfactory outcome.

JoBear
21-10-2009, 07:59 AM
oh yeah, dress photo...i cannot get any good photos of it, but this one gives you an idea. the skirt is a full circle one so there's a massive petticoat under it. it's fun to bounce around in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/dress.jpg

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Thinking of sending some pineapple lumps to a friend who's studying in England and is a bit homesick. I hope the people who are x-raying or whatever it is they do with mail when it goes through aren't NZers...

JoBear
21-10-2009, 08:18 AM
i used to love getting packages from home with nz chocolate (or even bodywash!). otherwise it was lengthy and expensive trip to london. can't remember what they called reduced cream there but it had some strange name.

Tacticalkat
21-10-2009, 10:38 AM
oh yeah, dress photo...i cannot get any good photos of it, but this one gives you an idea. the skirt is a full circle one so there's a massive petticoat under it. it's fun to bounce around in.

Wow that's pretty! Have you got somewhere special to wear it?

Thinking of sending some pineapple lumps to a friend who's studying in England and is a bit homesick. I hope the people who are x-raying or whatever it is they do with mail when it goes through aren't NZers...

Wicked! I love those things, they are the best thing ever!

How's everyone?
I had a good night of climbing, though am feeling like a dick again!

met a cute guy at climbing, he was very friendly, made a point of coming over a couple of times through the night and chatting, just before we left he asked if I was a regular, and asked "are you here with your partner, or husband?" I laughed and said he was my brother, and he said it would be cool to hang out because he is keen to climb with more people.
So it felt like he was hitting on me, my friends thought he was hitting on me, I get home and he's added me to facebook!:D And he's got a girlfriend. Um, wtf?
Why's he want to know if I had another half then??? Grumbles. Felt like I was being hit on and of course I told my besties about it. FAIL!

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 10:42 AM
There's no reason for you to feel like a dick there. I think anyone would reach the same conclusion. It definitely sounds like he was hitting on you, and who does that if they're not single?

I'm alright thanks. :) Fixed up that chaotic essay and I'm pretty happy with it now.

Tacticalkat
21-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh good, glad you got it sorted! Exciting plans for the long weekend?

Yeah I think it was pretty off to be doing that, it just came across as that way and not innocent!

stupid stupid people in relationships that don't make it glaringly obvious!!! HATE!!!!

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 10:54 AM
No plans really. I've still got some more uni work to do, so that's probably how I'll spend it! Might need to go and get some new shoes. I've worn through the paddy bit at the heel of mine and there's a hard bit underneath that's taken some skin off my heels. I've only had these shoes 2 months. :indiff:

How about you?

Tacticalkat
21-10-2009, 11:01 AM
two months?? :eek: That's crazy!!!!

I should be studying, but I won't be. Going up to a friend's bach at Mahurangi for most of it, will cook food in a pit in the ground and hopefully go fishing! (I've never been)

My baby brother's 19th on Sunday so will do the family thing.
Then Armageddon on Monday for a laugh, don't tell anyone!

And then I will spend most of Tuesday freaking out that I haven't studied.:D

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Sounds like an awesome weekend...apart from Armageddon. :chuckle:

Tacticalkat
21-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Hahahhaha, yeah! I went on a whim last year because my brother wanted to and it's around his bday, and it was the most hysterical thing I have ever been to in my life.
Fanatics of every kind! And people dressed up as pokemon and spiderman and ghostbusters!!!!! And they had a parade. It was too good so I'm going again, tee hee hee!

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 11:10 AM
That does sound hilarious! I'll have to go one time.

Tacticalkat
21-10-2009, 11:14 AM
There is so much hilarity and wonder there, truly!

I'm off to bed, night! Have a good one tomorrow! :)

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 11:15 AM
You too. Night!

Hey, Kitty, how did the presentation go?

darkshineskitty
21-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Today I skipped my first and only class of the semester. And guess what happens? I bump into the lecturer later in the day, who says "where were you?" :LOL: :facepalm:

Wat. How have you not skipped any classes this semester? I find it hard to attend all classes in even the first week! :LOL:

Pretty :happy: I like poofy skirts like that.

How's everyone?
I had a good night of climbing, though am feeling like a dick again!

met a cute guy at climbing, he was very friendly, made a point of coming over a couple of times through the night and chatting, just before we left he asked if I was a regular, and asked "are you here with your partner, or husband?" I laughed and said he was my brother, and he said it would be cool to hang out because he is keen to climb with more people.
So it felt like he was hitting on me, my friends thought he was hitting on me, I get home and he's added me to facebook!:D And he's got a girlfriend. Um, wtf?
Why's he want to know if I had another half then??? Grumbles. Felt like I was being hit on and of course I told my besties about it. FAIL!

Maybe hes planning on breaking up with his girlfriend? Still no harm in becoming friends I guess, especially since he likes rock climbing too. Although I find it interesting how liberal some people are with their facebooks. Not that its a bad thing, but I only accept people I know from high school, or hang out with now. I don't even add people from back in intermediate if I don't see them any more, let alone people I just met :erm:

Then Armageddon on Monday for a laugh, don't tell anyone!

HEY, I'm going to Armageddon :(...

Fanatics of every kind! And people dressed up as pokemon and spiderman and ghostbusters!!!!! And they had a parade. It was too good so I'm going again, tee hee hee!

... and I was going to dress up too :(

Hey, Kitty, how did the presentation go?

:stunned: eerie! Did you know I was lurking?

It went well, it was kind of lame but we only had two tutorial hours to put it together so it was okay. It was more of a dramatic enactment than a presentation btw. Some of the other tutorial groups did some cool ones- some were like skits while others were more poetic. We got a few laughs though so that's good. It was funny when my friend and I were talking about the groups who were to come after us, because we remembered that every tutor actually takes 2 tutorial groups, so we were saying that if the other group with our tutor was better than us, we would be like 'why did you betray us!!?' to him :LOL: And then we cracked ourselves up even more by saying that we should have emailed him at the last minute being like 'sudden change of plan! our presentation now relies on you coming to class in a pirate costume' and then not change the plan. The best part is that he's so enthusiastic he probably would :LOL:

But now today I have an ulcer inside my bottom lip and it hurts like a bitch! Been running my tongue over it all day and it stings so badly, but I can't resist. Even eating is hard because it just shoots pain through my lip.
/too much information about my mouth :LOL:

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Wat. How have you not skipped any classes this semester? I find it hard to attend all classes in even the first week! :LOL:
Yeah I was like that in my undergrad, but in postgrad it's just one class a week in each paper, so it feels like you miss out on heaps more if you skip a class. And the classes are smaller, so it's harder for it not to be noticed if you're not there.

:stunned: eerie! Did you know I was lurking?

Haha, yes, I did - saw your name appear down the bottom there. Sorry!

Great to hear the thing went well. :happy:

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry for the Armageddon hate, also.

darkshineskitty
21-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah I was like that in my undergrad, but in postgrad it's just one class a week in each paper, so it feels like you miss out on heaps more if you skip a class. And the classes are smaller, so it's harder for it not to be noticed if you're not there.

Haha, yes, I did - saw your name appear down the bottom there. Sorry!
Great to hear the thing went well. :happy:

Yeah okay that's true. I went to a different tut for one of my classes today and I felt out of place! It was weird.

I thought as much, but it was still rather speedy of you :LOL:

I still want to go, so hate away :phu: :LOL:

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 11:47 AM
That's the spirit.

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 11:59 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wjH8uj9ArzE/SHN6NNAObGI/AAAAAAAABDU/P0CfuZDA7KY/s320/charles+law.jpg
I have no words.

darkshineskitty
21-10-2009, 12:02 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_vLbMuPkqGIw/SHaNiE7daYI/AAAAAAAADEU/UAYq3CQ4Ryc/s400/circleBeardBM_468x407.jpg

Ruminate on it for a while.

Wait, is that the same guy? :LOL:

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 12:06 PM
It could be. It's something that is worth ruminating on.

_Ed_
21-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Right, time for bed. Night! :)

Tacticalkat
21-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Maybe hes planning on breaking up with his girlfriend? Still no harm in becoming friends I guess, especially since he likes rock climbing too. Although I find it interesting how liberal some people are with their facebooks. Not that its a bad thing, but I only accept people I know from high school, or hang out with now. I don't even add people from back in intermediate if I don't see them any more, let alone people I just met :erm:

HEY, I'm going to Armageddon :(...

... and I was going to dress up too :(

:But now today I have an ulcer inside my bottom lip and it hurts like a bitch! Been running my tongue over it all day and it stings so badly, but I can't resist. Even eating is hard because it just shoots pain through my lip.
/too much information about my mouth :LOL:

Yeah I'm always open to new friends, it just struck me as weird that he was so interested in if I had a husband and stuff.....

I'm usually super careful about who I add on facebook, but lately I've been far more liberal (and nosy)
I accepted him because he knows a lot of the people I climb with, so it's like the climbing circle, plues then I can delete him if he is a freak :D

I don't hate armageddon, I think it's awesome and fun! That's why I'm going!

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 12:24 AM
NZ Herald's at it again. Apparently this year's lineup is a sign that the BDO is in decline because it couldn't get a "stellar headliner". Coldplay is then listed as one of the "big-name, top-tier acts" that the BDO can't attract.

Oh, and they said Muse have a loyal following, but one that is "hardly rabid". That sounds like a challenge to me.

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 12:47 AM
NZ Herald's at it again. Apparently this year's lineup is a sign that the BDO is in decline because it couldn't get a "stellar headliner". Coldplay is then listed as one of the "big-name, top-tier acts" that the BDO can't attract.

Oh, and they said Muse have a loyal following, but one that is "hardly rabid". That sounds like a challenge to me.

Hahhaahh you want to be rabid? :awesome:

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Yes. Yes I do. I want people in the stands at BDO to go, "whoa, look at them go!"

How are you today?

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Yes. Yes I do. I want people in the stands at BDO to go, "whoa, look at them go!"

How are you today?

I'm sure that can be arranged!!!!

I'm good, started work at 1 and haven't done much yet, hence why I am on here!

I am covered in grazes from last night and look like I have been dragged through a hedge!

How's your day going?

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Haha, and you said it was a good night of climbing?

My day's going ok thanks, didn't sleep well though so a bit tired. Haven't done much yet. Start work at 3:30.

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 01:01 AM
http://www.boingboing.net/2009/10/20/86-year-old-wwii-vet.html
This is pretty awesome.

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 01:02 AM
It was good! I did some really cool climbs and some funky moves, but because I can't use my knee properly I am compensating for a lot of the moves by using my arm against the wall, which leaves me with lots of scrapes!

What time will you be working til?

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Ah right, I see. Can you explain these funky moves?

I'm working til 11.

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 01:11 AM
They are pretty much unexplainable :chuckle:

You just have to see them to believe them. At one point my feet were at the same height as my head, and my friend had a moment where her leg looked like it was on backwards!

11 isn't too bad I guess. I finish about 9 ish

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 01:13 AM
You just have to see them to believe them. At one point my feet were at the same height as my head, and my friend had a moment where her leg looked like it was on backwards!

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 01:37 AM
You just have to see it to appreciate the epicness of it :)

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 02:50 AM
I definitely don't doubt that it's epic!

Work still quiet for you? It's really quiet here. I'm doing the news, and there's nothing ready for us to do at the moment...so we wait. It means there'll be chaos between 5:30 and 6, probably. :rolleyes:

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 05:26 AM
I definitely don't doubt that it's epic!

Work still quiet for you? It's really quiet here. I'm doing the news, and there's nothing ready for us to do at the moment...so we wait. It means there'll be chaos between 5:30 and 6, probably. :rolleyes:

It's ominously quiet here!
There was a big arrest going on when I came on, but it was at the tail end so I wasn't involved.
Took a case off the table, had dinner and just did a minor procedure, and there's not too much going on otherwise.

Has it picked up for you?

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Nah, it didn't, really...so we sat around doing nothing for two and a half hours, then had to do loads of the news live. If the reporters had just put the stories up earlier...:indiff:

What did you have for dinner?

JoBear
22-10-2009, 07:30 AM
hi! sorry i was out at an aqua class. gotta go shopping tonight. :indiff:

i thought i got an exciting stolen car claim, but then it got found this morning and then it got written off. so its all settled now, just gotta wait for the wreck to be sold and a rego refund. that'll just sit in my desk for 2 weeks. and i missed out on a massive payrise on 4 stupid questions.

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 08:21 AM
:(

But how was the aqua class?

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 08:45 AM
hi! sorry i was out at an aqua class. gotta go shopping tonight. :indiff:

i thought i got an exciting stolen car claim, but then it got found this morning and then it got written off. so its all settled now, just gotta wait for the wreck to be sold and a rego refund. that'll just sit in my desk for 2 weeks. and i missed out on a massive payrise on 4 stupid questions.

Lame about the lack of payrise that sucks.

How was the aqua class? I am intruiged!
Nah, it didn't, really...so we sat around doing nothing for two and a half hours, then had to do loads of the news live. If the reporters had just put the stories up earlier...:indiff:

What did you have for dinner?

I had a random thing from the cafe, it was like a panini thing with egg, tomato and alfalfa sprouts on it, a work mate gave me a slab of avocado with it and I grilled it in the sandwitch press.

It was surprisingly yum. Did a caeser after that, and that took up most of the night and that was it! Such a quiet shift!

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Does sound quiet!

I'm doing a Shortland Street episode at the moment. First one I've done in ages. I have no idea what's going on. :eek: Chaos and disarray.

Tacticalkat
22-10-2009, 08:52 AM
All I know is that Shanti died, because I saw lots of facebook statuses saying that! LAME!
I got into it for a while, it was so cool, then they killed loads of the cast, and I thought it was 'meh' so I gave up when it got boring.

Michelle
22-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Ah, it is a Gibbon - Siamang Gibbons in fact. Thanks Michelle, that was annoying me!

Siamangs are cute :happy:

My tutorials were pretty much compulsary, but I missed two when I had to go to welly zoo. And yeah, I only had two tutorials every two weeks. And now I have none and I'm such a lazy git.

Ooh pretty :happy: I want to get a nice dress for this summer, haven't seen any I like yet though apart from nice evening dresses.

:rolleyes: It's a challenge indeed :fear:

We are going to need more than wrist bands then. :LOL: I hope I can get more glow sticks, they made the gigs pretty good with every one wanting to share them and waving them around. Except for the one dick that tried to light it and spilt it on Nick's face :facepalm:

But yeah, I think there should be enough of us there to start a good chant before they come one and maybe have a singalong between acts :awesome: :LOL:

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 08:56 AM
All I know is that Shanti died, because I saw lots of facebook statuses saying that! LAME!
I didn't know that! Unexpected. But that explains a few things.

Work has been fun tonight actually. One of the news directors that we have to listen to when we're doing the news has this awful voice and is really annoying, and one of my workmates found her on Facebook and she happens to have a public profile. Hilarity has ensued. :LOL:

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 08:59 AM
But yeah, I think there should be enough of us there to start a good chant before they come one and maybe have a singalong between acts :awesome: :LOL:
Yeah. That article also said Muse don't have a passionate fanbase. We'll show them.

And who lights a glow stick? Honestly.

Michelle
22-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah. That article also said Muse don't have a passionate fanbase. We'll show them.

We will be victorious! :D Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a blow up moa, one can dream.

And who lights a glow stick? Honestly.

I know, they must have been on something :rolleyes:

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 09:06 AM
We will be victorious! :D Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a blow up moa, one can dream.
:D
That would be immensely awesome.

How was your day?

Michelle
22-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Finally got an essay done tonight. I have another assignment to get done as well, but I'm just too tired to do some now. Can't wait to get it done with then my quiz on Wednesday. Then I can relax and start packing. My last assignment isn't due til 1 December.

How is your night going?

_Ed_
22-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Great to get one finished, and it's good to hear you've got a bit of a chance to relax coming up.

My night's going alright thanks, starting to get a bit tired and hungry now though so watching the clock!