PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33

_Ed_
15-08-2011, 10:24 AM
I made a legendary mistake at work today. I had copied and pasted the full script for a story from the database on to our file a few minutes before having to caption a live interview.

Somehow, in the course of typing those live captions, I managed to hit both Ctrl and V at the same time - paste. So 70 captions' worth of a completely different story suddenly appeared in the middle of this live discussion about the weather.

What made this truly awesome was the first caption of the story:

"Do you wanna see some rats?!"

:LOL:
I'm still cracking up about it three hours later.

_Ed_
18-08-2011, 02:56 AM
So apparently talking to yourself is the first sign of madness. :unsure:

Michelle
19-08-2011, 05:57 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283972_10150265232439983_150734034982_7656953_5392 80_n.jpg

:chuckle:

This weather is bloody ridiculous. I hope all you Moas are keeping warm.

I was on Tiri from Sunday til yesterday, so it wasn't ideal having a cold snap when over there but it wasn't too bad. Getting hail in the bush was pretty fun.

I made a legendary mistake at work today. I had copied and pasted the full script for a story from the database on to our file a few minutes before having to caption a live interview.

Somehow, in the course of typing those live captions, I managed to hit both Ctrl and V at the same time - paste. So 70 captions' worth of a completely different story suddenly appeared in the middle of this live discussion about the weather.

What made this truly awesome was the first caption of the story:

"Do you wanna see some rats?!"

I'm still cracking up about it three hours later.

Oh dear :chuckle: That's a good first line though :LOL: What was the story on?

So apparently talking to yourself is the first sign of madness. :unsure:

Well technically your not talking to yourself, just typing ;)

_Ed_
19-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Getting hail in the bush was pretty fun.
I can imagine! Did you have a good time over there?

That story was about people who rescue abandoned pet rats. :erm: Important job, I guess, but hardly important current events.

Michelle
22-08-2011, 04:29 AM
I can imagine! Did you have a good time over there?

Yeah it was good thanks. It was nice to spend some time there since I haven't been there for quite a while.

It was also good to have some time to talk to my supervisor. If she gets the funding she has applied for, she would like to employ me over the summer to monitor bellbird nests on Tiri or perhaps a joint job of monitoring bellbirds and robins at Tawharanui. So fingers crossed!

That story was about people who rescue abandoned pet rats. :erm: Important job, I guess, but hardly important current events.

Oh ok. Yeah, that seems like more of a space filler when there is no other big news. Good story in that it might make people more aware that there are places who will take pets instead of just dumping them into the wild.

_Ed_
22-08-2011, 09:31 PM
It was also good to have some time to talk to my supervisor. If she gets the funding she has applied for, she would like to employ me over the summer to monitor bellbird nests on Tiri or perhaps a joint job of monitoring bellbirds and robins at Tawharanui. So fingers crossed!
Wow, that would be awesome!

_Ed_
24-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Ugh, not enjoying this week of 7am starts at work. Have to get up at 5:45. :indiff:

Might help if I went to bed earlier than this...

Michelle
25-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Nasty. Getting to sleep earlier doesn't make getting up that early much more pleasant. Probably helps in the long run though...

_Ed_
26-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm excited about Muse playing OOS in full this weekend. Looking forward to seeing some videos!

ʘ
28-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Have they taken all the numbers from the international threads' titles?

Super Sammy!
29-08-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm excited about Muse playing OOS in full this weekend. Looking forward to seeing some videos!

:chuckle:

_Ed_
29-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Yeah. That was a let-down.

Still, the amateur footage I've seen from Leeds is bloody good. Space Dementia sounded unbelievable.

_Ed_
29-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Have they taken all the numbers from the international threads' titles?
Yes, and the creativity. :(

_Ed_
31-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Funny how each time you hear that dreaded line, "You're a great guy, but...", the harder it gets to believe that you're particularly great.

Michelle
08-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Funny how each time you hear that dreaded line, "You're a great guy, but...", the harder it gets to believe that you're particularly great.

Aww :( Was that from the work girl?
I know how you feel though, I got "You're a cool person, but..." earlier this year.

Anyway, just popped in to share this:
http://www.iqideas.com/Portals/0/moa/moa_box2.jpg
:)

_Ed_
08-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Very cool!

And yeah, it was my workmate. Sorry to hear you got that too! :( Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Ah well, life goes on. I'm really excited about going to the game tomorrow.

_Ed_
10-09-2011, 11:38 AM
I loved all the opening day celebrations. The Viaduct looked amazing as the waka came in, the crowds along there were incredible, and I'll never forget the opening ceremony at Eden Park - I was so lucky to be there and see that. The fireworks over the harbour looked amazing as well, although I didn't see those until later. They didn't show them on the big screens at Eden Park. :indiff:

I felt pretty proud of my city yesterday.

Tacticalkat
11-09-2011, 10:54 AM
It was the first game I have ever been to, and I was completely blown away! The opening ceremony was spine chilling, and the whole atmosphere when the game was on was incredible!
The only downside I thought was the disappointing lack of showing the fireworks on the screen, made worse by being able to just see the tips of some of them near the Sky Tower in the distance from our seats.

Other than that I loved it, I was very proud to be a Kiwi.

Davinq
11-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Well the US did better today than expected - couldn't believe how well their defence held in the first half. I had a few mates over who were curious about the World Cup and I was trying to explain why things are the way they are in rugby, not necessarily the rules, and the general consensus was "wow, I didn't know rugby was so intense. It just doesn't stop!"

I hate American football. So, so much. :facepalm:

_Ed_
12-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I thought the US played superbly. It was great to see them get a try at the end there.

And I agree about American football. Don't see the appeal of it at all. They play for about 5 seconds then stand around and talk for several minutes.

Davinq
12-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Yeah, I thought the US played superbly. It was great to see them get a try at the end there.

And I agree about American football. Don't see the appeal of it at all. They play for about 5 seconds then stand around and talk for several minutes.

It's really ironic how it's such a technical sport where not much actually happens, and yet the thickest of the thick are the ones who play it.

On a different note, a Facebook ad alerted me to the fact that I can enrol for voting since I was back down under for over a month, so now I'm all set for that!

_Ed_
13-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Excellent! Although I don't have high hopes for this election. When John Key walked out to give his speech at the World Cup opening, I think I was the only one of the 60,000 who booed. :(

Not that Labour are any better at the moment.

Super Sammy!
13-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I couldn't help but laugh at his screw up :LOL: apparently the National representative for my region is quite legit so he gets my vote :awesome:

Me Rug I Sty
13-09-2011, 10:25 AM
I couldn't help but laugh at his screw up :LOL: apparently the National representative for my region is quite legit so he gets my vote :awesome:

I like how much research you've put into this :chuckle: but I thought you were rather anti-national?

Super Sammy!
13-09-2011, 10:33 AM
I like how much research you've put into this :chuckle: but I thought you were rather anti-national?

There was a flyer that the National guy sent out and I said to dad that the guy looked kind of dodgy... Dad said he's quite an alright guy so that's why :p the Labour reps here always have sucked. I am anti-National but when it comes to local I vote for the more deserving person :yesey: I'm anti-Labour right now too since I can't stand Phil Goff :(

Never thought I'd say it, but I wish Helen was here :'(

_Ed_
13-09-2011, 11:17 AM
:yesey:
Still firmly believe Helen's the best Prime Minister we've had - certainly in my lifetime.

I really hate my local MP. He's such a dick. I bet he was the one who was behaving badly at the World Cup game over the weekend - his name was mentioned as one of a possible three. He got punched in the face at a U2 gig a couple of years back. Doing Northcote proud.

Spy Fox
17-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Oh god politics. I'm not excited to be a student right now.

Also, hey there Moas! How're things?

_Ed_
17-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi! Same old, really. Not many of us left around here, it seems. How have you been?

Spy Fox
18-09-2011, 08:50 AM
It does seem a bit dead everywhere doesn't it? Shows you the level of fan's commitment to the band though :p

I'm alright. Uni is slowly progressing and all.

Me Rug I Sty
21-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I found out a work colleague was the singer for some band. So naturally I had a listen.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Drowning-The-Vanity-Queen/166453313378327
Oh my. He's actually a genuinely nice guy :chuckle:

cookie
30-09-2011, 08:19 AM
woa, just got the BDO line-up, wasn't planning on going but: Kanye - Soundgarden - Kasabian - My Chemical Romance - The Living End... are all favourites of mine dammit

any other moafo's tempted?

Richard, someone in my neighbourhood draws combovers and hitler moustaches on every billboard with john keys face on it. it works rather well

_Ed_
02-10-2011, 04:27 AM
Haha, that's sensational!

I'm undecided about the BDO at the moment. I'll have to think about it.

Davinq
02-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Well Carter's gone. Shit. Clicky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/15135350.stm)

Tacticalkat
02-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Well Carter's gone. Shit. Clicky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/15135350.stm)

Pretty gutting, but I'm hoping that they can still pull it together without him.

_Ed_
02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
We'll be OK. :yesey: Although I'm not convinced about Slade yet.

But it must be so devastating for Carter - the biggest month of his career, and he gets a random flukey injury. Poor guy.

Tacticalkat
02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah I thought Slade did well but I hear he can be quite hit and miss. As terrible as the whole thing with Dan is, I had to snigger when the team doctor said she had examined the scans of his groin and apart from the tear the rest of his groin looked 'pristine'. HAHAH.

_Ed_
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
That's hilarious. 'Pristine groin' could become a nickname he'll never live down.

_Ed_
03-10-2011, 12:24 AM
We're trying out new speech recognition software at work. I've had some really awesome and hilarious mistakes so far.

John Key - "junkie"
Metiria Turei - "material tirade"
Sir Geoffrey Palmer - "Sir Geoffrey Parma"
We'll be back in surplus within three years - "We'll be back in slippers within three years"
Hone Harawira - "Honey how we are"
Terry Serepisos - "Terry syrupy sauce" (my favourite)

_Ed_
05-10-2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/4500/Margaret-Thatcher-4694.jpg

JoBear
07-10-2011, 09:36 PM
We're trying out new speech recognition software at work. I've had some really awesome and hilarious mistakes so far.

John Key - "junkie"
We'll be back in surplus within three years - "We'll be back in slippers within three years"
Why didn't you tell me that Junkie one the other day? :LOL:

Carlo von Sexron
09-10-2011, 02:00 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/05/article-0-0E3BAD8B00000578-611_634x343.jpg

Is anybody else rather irritated by this? I mean, it should just be towed right back to Liberia and sunk in the harbour of Monrovia. How is it that Liberia, one of the poorest countries in the world, can afford a container ship anyway? No matter how shitty it is. I bet the captain was pissed and coked up to his eyeballs.

Michelle
11-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Hey guys.

I am undecided about BDO too. I'm quite keen on going to see Fleet Foxes and going to Laneway Festival at the moment which are also in January. I'll wait and see what the second announcement is like.

John Key - "junkie"

Haha, that software is going to be more entertaining than useful! :LOL:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/05/article-0-0E3BAD8B00000578-611_634x343.jpg

Is anybody else rather irritated by this? I mean, it should just be towed right back to Liberia and sunk in the harbour of Monrovia. How is it that Liberia, one of the poorest countries in the world, can afford a container ship anyway? No matter how shitty it is. I bet the captain was pissed and coked up to his eyeballs.

Yeah, that is an irritating sight. Poor little penguins getting oiled up and it looks like the beaches are going to be in a pretty nasty state soon :( Hope it doesn't do too much damage to the reef too! :stunned:

_Ed_
14-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Bought a ticket to the World Cup final today.

So I'm kinda hoping NZ win the semi. :unsure:

Carlo von Sexron
14-10-2011, 09:05 AM

How much did that set you back? I think I'll just get drunk and watch it on a 50" at somebody's house. Smaller bathroom ques, quicker, cheaper liquor innit.

_Ed_
14-10-2011, 09:48 AM
It was $399. Probably pretty shoddy seats, but think it'll be worth it.

JoBear
14-10-2011, 07:28 PM

Woah Richard, you're really embracing this thing!

Tacticalkat
16-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Wow! Great game, proud of the boys in black. You should be in for a great final Rich!

_Ed_
16-10-2011, 10:40 AM
That was awesome!

I loved Graham Henry's comment about the 9pm kick-off times - with a totally serious face, "I'm usually asleep by then". :LOL: He's good value. I'll miss him when he retires.

Super Sammy!
18-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Phil Goff honestly does nothing to make me like him more. Every time National introduces a policy that doesn't need much said about it, he always has something negative to say. How does that help at all?! Saying it's bad for New Zealanders with nothing to back it up other than a few general statements does not really say anything other than "I'm clinging at straws to make people dislike National".

Eugh. No wonder Labour are understandably going to get absolutely destroyed this election.

Carlo von Sexron
18-10-2011, 07:00 AM
I loved Graham Henry's comment about the 9pm kick-off times - with a totally serious face, "I'm usually asleep by then". :LOL: He's good value. I'll miss him when he retires.

He definitely is good value. Dry-ass comedian that he is.

JoBear
18-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Phil Goff honestly does nothing to make me like him more. Every time National introduces a policy that doesn't need much said about it, he always has something negative to say. How does that help at all?! Saying it's bad for New Zealanders with nothing to back it up other than a few general statements does not really say anything other than "I'm clinging at straws to make people dislike National".

Eugh. No wonder Labour are understandably going to get absolutely destroyed this election.
Labour really hasn't moved forward from last election where all they could do was attack National. There's just no credible alternative to Phil Goff so we just have a repeat of National fronted Bill English a la 2002.

This compulsory opt in of kiwisaver really fucks me off, waste of $550 million when National already totally fucked up kiwisaver anyway.

Michelle
19-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Labour really hasn't moved forward from last election where all they could do was attack National. There's just no credible alternative to Phil Goff so we just have a repeat of National fronted Bill English a la 2002.

This compulsory opt in of kiwisaver really fucks me off, waste of $550 million when National already totally fucked up kiwisaver anyway.

And I'm sure it'll waste our time to go through the opt out process :noey:

Labour really needs more media attention on their policies than slagging off National or else yeah, they're not going anywhere :rolleyes:

Tacticalkat
23-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Wow, what a game, I thought I was going to vomit it was so tense. So proud to be a Kiwi!

JoBear
23-10-2011, 10:31 AM
The UK coverage was really appalling. Doesn't help Sean Fitzpatrick obviously did the UK coverage after that Telecom campaign where no one in NZ wanted him, he's so annoying. The things they've said about New Zealand and New Zealanders is so embarrassing and I'd hate that people here would think that's what we're like.

But congrats! I'm eating vegemite toast to celebrate.

_Ed_
23-10-2011, 12:38 PM
My heart was going like the clappers. That was unbearable! Last 10 minutes felt like an hour.

But the crowd was amazing when the final whistle blew. The whole stand was shaking from everyone jumping up and down! :LOL:

Carlo von Sexron
26-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Now we can concentrate on an election. Joy.

_Ed_
27-10-2011, 03:54 AM
http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/news2011/rugby_world_cup_newsy/henry_taane_2.jpg

Carlo von Sexron
27-10-2011, 05:23 AM
Ahahahaha. So dope.

darkshineskitty
31-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Hey guys! Long time no see. How is everyone? As of a few days ago, I'm 22 now haha. Feels weird- I keep forgetting. Anyone here go to Armageddon on the weekend? I was there in cosplay. It was rad. What have you all been up to? (apart from rugby, ew).

_Ed_
31-10-2011, 10:35 AM
A belated happy birthday! :) Hope you had a great day.

I didn't go to Armageddon, but quite a few of my friends have said it was amazing. I've heard rave reviews about Meat Loaf too!

I haven't been up to much. Working full time leads to a pretty uneventful life most of the time! How about yourself?

JoBear
31-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Where does John Key think these Mum and Dad investors are going to get the money to invest in the public assets the government sells off? Also, if the government doesn't think it's a good enough investment to keep, why should we be buying it?

Our tax system is so unbelievably flawed. So many people complaining about the tax they pay when in reality they are in fact, tax negative with working for families.

Edit - I just bought a ticket to go see Dave Dobbyn play the night of the election. I can mourn another 3 years of John Key with fellow kiwis who probably didn't even bother to vote anyway.

darkshineskitty
01-11-2011, 03:09 AM
A belated happy birthday! :) Hope you had a great day.

I didn't go to Armageddon, but quite a few of my friends have said it was amazing. I've heard rave reviews about Meat Loaf too!

I haven't been up to much. Working full time leads to a pretty uneventful life most of the time! How about yourself?

Thanks Ed!

Yeah it was great fun. I saw an actor I wanted to see too, so that was pretty exciting, although I was disappointed in the lack of Supernatural merchandise, because I had been ready to spend up big time :LOL:

Hmm, not too much. Looking for a new flat atm, and I just got back from holiday in Adelaide on the 28th.

darkshineskitty
01-11-2011, 03:11 AM
P.s Enjoy guys- http://keyhandshake.tumblr.com/

_Ed_
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Haha, that's fantastic. Love it.

How was Adelaide?

darkshineskitty
02-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Haha, that's fantastic. Love it.

How was Adelaide?

It was good! Did a bunch of touristy stuff like the museum and shopping, and went to the zoo and the botanic gardens on my birthday which was neat. Also had delicious Mexican at a restaurant right next door to where my mum lives, with margaritas! So yum.

Edit: So yum we went there twice, actually haha

_Ed_
02-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Sounds awesome! The involvement of margaritas is always a big plus.

I have to go to a four-hour team-building thing tomorrow morning. :( It's such a waste of time. In a company this big, it'll be the first and last time you see most of the people you're put in a group with.

_Ed_
03-11-2011, 01:14 AM
It was actually much better than I thought. The people I had to work with were really cool and funny (surprisingly normal, in the case of a couple of famous-ish TV people).

And their music selection included Kora and Avalanche City. :happy:

But then I burnt my tongue on coffee at lunch. :indiff:

_Ed_
03-11-2011, 05:43 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2uf9dm8.png

JoBear
03-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I love social media during election campaigning:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/302483_207795012624356_117260741677784_501151_1695 96876_n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/383060_10150344329236519_590336518_8220932_7233464 81_n.jpg

I notice that the media really doesn't give a shit about the referendum.

_Ed_
04-11-2011, 12:12 AM
That's a good point.

_Ed_
04-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Just got back from The Naked And Famous. Their live show was already good, but it's improved massively! They were obviously so happy to be home, so they put on an amazing show. The Town Hall was sold out, and the crowd really got into every song - even the rare ones from the EPs. So awesome. :happy:

But there was one concerning moment - Thom said "Jon Toogood's here tonight", and I was one of the only ones who cheered. :erm: Have Shihad become an old-man band?

JoBear
04-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Don't tell Nick that.

_Ed_
05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Looks like the cricket team's about to lose to Zimbabwe in a Test. Hooray.

JoBear
05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
That surely takes real skill?

I really want to go to Brussels again! Hurry up and come visit Richard. :)

darkshineskitty
06-11-2011, 03:03 AM
But there was one concerning moment - Thom said "Jon Toogood's here tonight", and I was one of the only ones who cheered. :erm: Have Shihad become an old-man band?

Shihad are shit, that's why.

kinopus
06-11-2011, 03:48 AM
haha did i come back to this forum to say hi at the wrong time :p

is anyone wanting to buy any muse stuff off me at all? im trying to downsize my record collection over the next wee while. got over 600 cds now or something ridiculous.

hows everyone been anyway?

my list below

Hullabaoo - Japan Digi - $70
Hysteria - DVD - $15
Invincible - DVD - $15
Muscle Museum - Single - $15
New Born - Promo - $25
Origin Of Symmetry - Promo in yellow box - $50
BHAR - Vietnamese Fake w/slipcase - $10
BHAR - NZ Tour edit - $20
BHAR - Digi USA - $25
BHAR - Jap Digi - $70
Butterflies & Hurricanes - single $15
Showbiz Promo - $20
SFA - CD/DVD - $15
Starlight Single - $10
Sunburn single - $20
sunburn promo - clear case - $40
smbh - dvd - $15
smbh - single x2 - $10ea
tiro - single - $20
unintended - promo clear case - $40

feel free to reply here or flick me an email on kinopus at gmail dot com

Me Rug I Sty
06-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Looks like the cricket team's about to lose to Zimbabwe in a Test. Hooray.

:awesome:

A win is a win, but that was nearly horrific..

JoBear
06-11-2011, 10:53 AM
You're probably best to put it on trademe Nick. That's where I sold all my unwanted Muse stuff.

_Ed_
07-11-2011, 10:45 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/kbwtp2.jpg

Tacticalkat
08-11-2011, 10:36 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/kbwtp2.jpg

Hahah, oh dear! Can't say I'm impressed with any of them this time. I want Helen back!

_Ed_
09-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Hard to disagree with that!

How have you been, Kat?

Tacticalkat
09-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm good thanks Rich, been stressed to the absolute max, but calming down a bit now I think. We get the keys to our house on Friday, so I'm up tp my ears in packing, I never realised how much crap I have!!
How's things with you?

_Ed_
09-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Wow, yeah, that would be stressful! But so exciting as well. Congrats. :)

Things are pretty good with me, thanks. Mostly worky at the moment! There are only three of us doing all the election coverage, so it's really busy.

_Ed_
10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TJdZc.gif

JoBear
10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Do you know who that is?

Should be studying. Don't really feel like it. Watching the men at the school building across from my bedroom window dismantle the roof. It's very loud.

_Ed_
10-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Dave Warner, I think.

Roof-dismantling sounds much more interesting than studying! The noise would make it bloody hard to concentrate anyway. No work today?

This is pretty gross: http://tvnz.co.nz/entertainment-news/jackson-s-deathbed-up-sale-4518752

JoBear
10-11-2011, 10:45 AM
No work, took the day off to study. Tomorrow morning I'm going to Masterchef live with Oren as a birthday present too before the exam. The paper doesn't really mean anything so I don't care if I pass or fail. Don't think I'm cut out for a BBS, at least not distance learning.

_Ed_
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm sure you'll do well. I have faith!

Masterchef sounds fun.

JoBear
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks! All I'm hoping for is a scrap though pass so I didn't completely waste my time/money. :)

Yeah and it'll be nice to see Oren, haven't seen him all week.

_Ed_
11-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Hope you have a great time.

Here's a creepy slow smile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdXSrM0m9w

JoBear
11-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Masterchef Live was awesome. I didn't want to leave to go to my exam. :LOL:

The exam wasn't bad either, there was a whole section I had no clue about but who cares!

This is promising news too: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/campaign-trail/5954009/Dunnes-hold-on-Ohariu-shaky-poll

Gotta get someone to witness my voting paper and I'll send it into the embassy here.

_Ed_
12-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Good to hear the exam was alright! :)

darkshineskitty
12-11-2011, 10:00 AM
You're up late Ed

JoBear
12-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm up early :awesome: ...well, for a Saturday.

darkshineskitty
12-11-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm up early :awesome: ...well, for a Saturday.

High-five!

JoBear
12-11-2011, 10:38 AM
It's so nice to wake up and have absolutely nothing that requires doing. I should probably unpacked the rest of my room since it's nearly 3 weeks since I moved.

JoBear
13-11-2011, 01:38 AM
This sounds interesting: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/5956416/Art-shock-kills-PM-in-alley

JoBear
13-11-2011, 01:48 AM
oh the internet

http://ozymandiaswarning.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/john-key-hobbit-277x300.png

_Ed_
13-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Haha, that's fantastic.

Shane Jones & Pita Sharples were both so excellent in a debate on Q&A this morning. It's silly that they're up against each other for the same seat. Can one of them please stand in my electorate?

darkshineskitty
13-11-2011, 03:10 AM
This sounds interesting: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/5956416/Art-shock-kills-PM-in-alley

That sounds really interesting.

Carlo von Sexron
13-11-2011, 03:20 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10765625

*chuckle*

Me Rug I Sty
15-11-2011, 02:58 AM
The warehouse seems to entering the insurance market. Not into talking business and all that, but they've started selling pet insurance and now life insurance. They've sold travel insurance for years, but... It all seems weird to me.

JoBear
15-11-2011, 06:45 PM
It's not that weird outside of New Zealand, a lot of department stores and supermarket chains are part of the financial market. I guess in NZ it's never really been that successful and it's probably to do with size and the fact with insurance people tend to go with what they know, being who their parents were insured with etc.

JoBear
15-11-2011, 10:47 PM
http://youtu.be/w5fS4jAlK_4

Labour really learnt nothing from 2008. :noey: They're just going to alienate what voters they have left to go vote for the Greens. Basically, let's go in with no policies except "attack John Key". And I absolutely loathe John Key, but if that's the whole basis of your campaign, it's just childish and embarrassing.

Although I did like this:

Several of Goff's signs have been removed in his Mt Roskill electorate but he said that was what happened in election campaigns.

"They've been very personal, they've chosen the ones with my photo on. Somebody suggested they might be adorning somebody's lounge wall and I thought well that's ok. But more likely its the back of the toilet door."

_Ed_
22-11-2011, 11:06 PM
A bird pooed on my head yesterday. I felt a plop on my head and thought, "I really hope that was a raindrop." It wasn't a raindrop. :(

But at least I was on my way home from work. If it had been in the morning, people would have been even more justified than usual in calling me shithead all day!

JoBear
22-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Fucking birds, no respect.

I just saw that video of that helicopter crash. So intense. That pilot is lucky he didn't fall out onto the propellers or have them hit and kill anybody else.

Tacticalkat
23-11-2011, 02:16 AM
It's meant to be good luck! Fuck knows why though. It doesn't feel like good luck.

darkshineskitty
23-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Copy and paste from Banter because I'm too lazy to retype:

Fuck's sake- I've been at this flat a grand total of 4 days and already there's a shit ton of drama developing. The landlord might want to build a house in our backyard, we have to organise a tenancy agreement and bond (apparently they've just been living here without one), I might have to start paying an extra $25 dollars a week for water, and I just found out that the cat we have is actually being housed against the landlord's rules and he doesn't even know that its here, and he's very strict on a no-pets rule. Oh and we'll have to pay a bond too- so that's like $200 or something I'll have to take from my already dwindling savings account. It hasn't even been a freaking week ffs! :mad:

_Ed_
23-11-2011, 09:27 AM
I just saw that video of that helicopter crash. So intense. That pilot is lucky he didn't fall out onto the propellers or have them hit and kill anybody else.
Yeah, it's incredible! Unbelievably lucky.

It's meant to be good luck! Fuck knows why though. It doesn't feel like good luck.
Haha, exactly! But at least it allowed me to use some awesome words in describing it today - dollop and plop, for example.

Fuck's sake- I've been at this flat a grand total of 4 days and already there's a shit ton of drama developing. The landlord might want to build a house in our backyard, we have to organise a tenancy agreement and bond (apparently they've just been living here without one), I might have to start paying an extra $25 dollars a week for water, and I just found out that the cat we have is actually being housed against the landlord's rules and he doesn't even know that its here, and he's very strict on a no-pets rule. Oh and we'll have to pay a bond too- so that's like $200 or something I'll have to take from my already dwindling savings account. It hasn't even been a freaking week ffs! :mad:
:(
Sorry to hear that!

darkshineskitty
23-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Sorry to hear that!

Ah thanks Ed, I always appreciate your listening ears :happy: (or reading eyes... whatever)

JoBear
23-11-2011, 10:22 AM
That sucks Kitty. I gotta pay a $1650 bond just for a room in my new flat. Still waiting for portion back from my old flat too.

I really want to know if there will be online stream for election results overseas!

_Ed_
23-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I really want to know if there will be online stream for election results overseas!
I hope you're able to see it somehow!

The debate went pretty well at work tonight. From what I saw, Goff performed better. Key was flustered and kept saying "you had nine years - why didn't you do it then?", which is less valid now than it was in 2008.

Oh, and Jon Johansson slammed Key when he said supplementary member had the same proportional representation as MMP. "That is flat out untrue!" :awesome:

darkshineskitty
23-11-2011, 10:26 AM
That sucks Kitty. I gotta pay a $1650 bond just for a room in my new flat. Still waiting for portion back from my old flat too.

Woah snap.

Today one of my flatties was like 'I'm going to vote for John Key because he's better looking than Phil Goff.'
My face was like:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwHv80gZ--AmIqZfK5oEIaK5fQxI7ZiUXQ5r4pihYsYl-s70mjPNfusmbe Sophie's choice.

Super Sammy!
23-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Phil Goff is very slowly earning my respect. Sure, leading the country might be a bit extreme but at least he's showing a bit more of a people person role now rather than an 'I hate John Key' role...

lensip max
24-11-2011, 03:34 AM

Fuck's sake- I've been at this flat a grand total of 4 days and already there's a shit ton of drama developing. The landlord might want to build a house in our backyard, we have to organise a tenancy agreement and bond (apparently they've just been living here without one), I might have to start paying an extra $25 dollars a week for water, and I just found out that the cat we have is actually being housed against the landlord's rules and he doesn't even know that its here, and he's very strict on a no-pets rule. Oh and we'll have to pay a bond too- so that's like $200 or something I'll have to take from my already dwindling savings account. It hasn't even been a freaking week ffs! :mad:Oh oh oh this sounds sooo much like my first flat.

I ended up moving out because of all the issues, even though my flatmates were super cool. Poor you :(

That sucks Kitty. I gotta pay a $1650 bond just for a room in my new flat. Still waiting for portion back from my old flat too.:stunned: is it a nice flat?

Phil Goff is very slowly earning my respect. Sure, leading the country might be a bit extreme but at least he's showing a bit more of a people person role now rather than an 'I hate John Key' role...It might have partly been that the media haven't really been giving him much coverage, other than in an I hate John Key capacity, as well.

That being said, I went to the Labour party caucus thing the other year and Jim Anderton chided them for their whole anti-National, as opposed to pro-Labour, stance.

Does anyone else have issues with the referendum though? Like, the way it's advertised, it sounds like even if you want to keep MMP you're forced to vote for an alternative. I tried to find out more about that online, but all that happened is I learnt a bunch about said alternatives. Nor can I navigate the igovt site. Maybe this is just due to my untechyness though.

darkshineskitty
24-11-2011, 05:09 AM
Does anyone else have issues with the referendum though? Like, the way it's advertised, it sounds like even if you want to keep MMP you're forced to vote for an alternative. I tried to find out more about that online, but all that happened is I learnt a bunch about said alternatives. Nor can I navigate the igovt site. Maybe this is just due to my untechyness though.

You do, because it saves people having to go back to vote on a new system if they decide to ditch MMP, iirc

Me Rug I Sty
24-11-2011, 06:32 AM
From what I heard, you vote whether you want mmp or not (and if not, what alternative), then if mmp is out, you vote between the two most popular alternatives.

Super Sammy!
24-11-2011, 07:37 AM
It might have partly been that the media haven't really been giving him much coverage, other than in an I hate John Key capacity, as well.

That being said, I went to the Labour party caucus thing the other year and Jim Anderton chided them for their whole anti-National, as opposed to pro-Labour, stance.

That just seems to be what politics is these days though in NZ. Someone proposes a new law and you've instantly got someone on an opposing party slagging off the idea. And yeah, I know the media aren't exactly the greatest source to trust in terms of getting the whole story, but they're all I've got! :chuckle:

Yeah, I had a problem with that. I want to keep MMP and will be voting it. However as for voting for an alternative, I don't feel a need to make it look like I possibly support another system because I don't :erm:

darkshineskitty
24-11-2011, 09:42 AM
That just seems to be what politics is these days though in NZ. Someone proposes a new law and you've instantly got someone on an opposing party slagging off the idea.

They ain't called the 'Opposition' for nothing! :LOL:

_Ed_
24-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah, it is essentially their role in Parliament.

But when the election campaign comes around they should really be talking up their own ideas, rather than talking down the government's.

darkshineskitty
24-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Yeah, it is essentially their role in Parliament.

But when the election campaign comes around they should really be talking up their own ideas, rather than talking down the government's.

Yeah very much so. Government is so tiring, especially watching the US government. Its like as soon as any bill is proposed the other party jumps onto it like a ravenous tiger. It makes you just think 'if I were president, I would change the law to pass all these bills without needing a consensus... for the good of the country of course.' And then you realise that you're a dictator :LOL:

JoBear
24-11-2011, 04:44 PM
The referendum voting paper says you can answer one question or both. I just wanted to keep MMP so only voted in part A. No point saying which alternative I prefer because I think all options are unsuitable.

Tacticalkat
26-11-2011, 07:58 AM
The referendum voting paper says you can answer one question or both. I just wanted to keep MMP so only voted in part A. No point saying which alternative I prefer because I think all options are unsuitable.

Yeah, me too! I love that they give you a GIGANTIC felt tip to do it in, like a normal pen wouldn't do the job properly!

darkshineskitty
26-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I voted to keep MMP but I picked single transferable as my alternate because I read that experts believe its the most democratic. Although I think its also the most complicated :LOL:

JoBear
26-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I fell asleep and woke up to John Bank's victory speech. WHY EPSOM! Also I didn't realise that Maggie Barry was going to win her electorate with such a huge margin.

I really like Pita Sharples.

darkshineskitty
26-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't really have an opinion on Pita but I laughed how everyone on the TV3 panel suddenly injected all sorts of Maori into their speech when they had him on the screen.

_Ed_
26-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Don Brash = "We did it!" :LOL: We, Don?

Phil Goff's speech was amazing. A shame he wasn't like that the whole campaign.

_Ed_
26-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh, and I almost had the worst mistake of my working life.

One of the political analysts said, "Winston Peters is a pivot."

The speech recognition software came up with,... *drumroll*

"Winston Peters is a pervert."

:eek:

Lucky I caught it before it went to air!

darkshineskitty
26-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Don Brash = "We did it!" :LOL:

We, Don?

I ended up voting for the Auckland Central region even though I'm actually in the Epsom one because my last one-month-or-more residency was in Ponsonby. A shame I didn't get a chance to get in on the National-Act drama. Although I probably would have just fucked it over and voted Labour anyway :LOL:

Super Sammy!
26-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I enjoyed Pita Sharples saying they'd been dancing to House of Shem all night :LOL:

lensip max
28-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I ended up just voting to keep MMP. Was glad to see they did actually bother to clarify their stupid ads on the voting paper, too.

Yeah, me too! I love that they give you a GIGANTIC felt tip to do it in, like a normal pen wouldn't do the job properly!That was like, my favourite bit. The most active participation in our system of government most of us have, and so they give us the most irreverent pen in the world to do it with. Or at least the secondmost: if it had been an orange ministamp in the shape of a tick, that would have been perfect.

I really like Pita Sharples.He was in the Auckland Uni debating club public debate thing ("One Law For All: Race Relations in New Zealand", along with Shane Jones and one of the law school lecturers), and he was pretty good.

The former supreme court judge who adjudicated was better, though - awarded Pita 80 points for the strength of his speech, then took them all away for going into government with National :LOL:

Oh, I have a situation I wanted some advice on - I want to take two papers over summer school, because one of them is only being offered over summer school and it sounds epic, and the other one I couldn't fit in this year.

Now, the one I couldn't fit in - paper A - I need as a prerequisite to a first semester paper next year. Paper B would go towards my major, but isn't in itself essential.

There are like, 8 hours or whatever a week for Paper A, but one of those hours clashes with paper B.

Should I take paper B, despite the clash? I'm proficient with paper A stuff enough that it shouldn't matter, but then, two papers over summer school seems to be regarded as a demanding kind of undertaking when I've talked to people about it. But paper B sounds amazing.

Yes. Thoughts?

darkshineskitty
28-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh, I have a situation I wanted some advice on - I want to take two papers over summer school, because one of them is only being offered over summer school and it sounds epic, and the other one I couldn't fit in this year.

Now, the one I couldn't fit in - paper A - I need as a prerequisite to a first semester paper next year. Paper B would go towards my major, but isn't in itself essential.

There are like, 8 hours or whatever a week for Paper A, but one of those hours clashes with paper B.

Should I take paper B, despite the clash? I'm proficient with paper A stuff enough that it shouldn't matter, but then, two papers over summer school seems to be regarded as a demanding kind of undertaking when I've talked to people about it. But paper B sounds amazing.

Yes. Thoughts?

So paper A is needed as a prereq but paper B sounds more fun, although not needed for anything other than counting towards your major?
I say take paper A. That way you can do the paper you need it for in your first semester next year and won't be stuck waiting around to do it later.

_Ed_
28-11-2011, 10:14 AM
I never did summer school actually, so can't really comment on the workload. But I have heard of people doing more than one paper, so it must be possible. And I'm sure that if they can do it, you can! :) So I say go for it.

lensip max
30-11-2011, 08:33 AM
So paper A is needed as a prereq but paper B sounds more fun, although not needed for anything other than counting towards your major?
I say take paper A. That way you can do the paper you need it for in your first semester next year and won't be stuck waiting around to do it later.Yeah, I'm definitely doing paper A.

I never did summer school actually, so can't really comment on the workload. But I have heard of people doing more than one paper, so it must be possible. And I'm sure that if they can do it, you can! :) So I say go for it.And I think I'll sign up for paper B as well, because I can always opt out of it if I change my mind, and not the other way around.

_Ed_
01-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Good thinking! :)

darkshineskitty
01-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Is Air New Zealand now promoting a campaign to 'solve Rico's murder'? Because that came up on my Facebook under the ads. Don't tell me they've actually worked in a storyline about their own mascot being murdered :stunned:

JoBear
01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Ah wondered what people were going on about on twitter.

_Ed_
05-12-2011, 01:36 AM
It does sound a bit macabre!

Not that I'd miss the little bastard.

_Ed_
06-12-2011, 04:41 AM
Apparently a woman fell four storeys down the Aotea Square side of the Skycity Metro building (or whatever it's called this week) today. :stunned:

Serious but stable condition in hospital, so you'd have to say she's pretty lucky!

darkshineskitty
06-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Heard about that! I think she was doing some kind of absailing-type performance? With no safety net. Or something like that.
There was an ad on the radio for Close Up and it was like 'our cameras are there!'. I thought that was a bit crude.

JoBear
06-12-2011, 06:34 PM
It was the nzherald reporting that got me...

She was said to have been conscious after her fall, but left a pool of blood at the scene after she was carried away.

Booked flights to Dubai for the start of January. Will kind of get a warm Christmas in, especially as my friend follows a different year so her Christmas Day is the 7th January and I get to be there!

_Ed_
06-12-2011, 10:33 PM
That'll be awesome. Dubai sounds like a really interesting place to visit.

I'm organising the secret Santa for the work Christmas lunch this year. I've decided that I'm gonna make an effort. Would anyone happen to know where might be the best place to buy a Santa costume?

JoBear
06-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Warehouse? Everytime I can't find anything I want in the UK I always get wax lyrical about how all I need is The Warehouse.

At the moment the bane of my life is flannelette sheets. By the time I buy some it'll be spring. And I know the Warehouse always has them in winter! :mad:

_Ed_
06-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Aw, that's infuriating. :(

Warehouse does sound like a good option.

JoBear
07-12-2011, 12:13 AM
The second place that came to mind was DEKA. :LOL: That closed down what...1999 or something?

Tacticalkat
07-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Heard about that! I think she was doing some kind of absailing-type performance? With no safety net. Or something like that.
There was an ad on the radio for Close Up and it was like 'our cameras are there!'. I thought that was a bit crude.

Heard about that, truly hideous. Apparent;y she only broke her cheekbone in the fall, very lucky girl.

Our new mulit storey car park opened at work last week. Someone jumped off the top floor even before it was officially opened. Awful.

I'm organising the secret Santa for the work Christmas lunch this year. I've decided that I'm gonna make an effort. Would anyone happen to know where might be the best place to buy a Santa costume?

Another place I'd try is Ike's Imporium in Browns Bay, they usually have loads of costume stuff. :)

_Ed_
07-12-2011, 12:45 AM
The second place that came to mind was DEKA. :LOL: That closed down what...1999 or something?
That song is gonna be in my head all afternoon now. "Ohhhh yeah...."

Our new mulit storey car park opened at work last week. Someone jumped off the top floor even before it was officially opened. Awful.
:stunned: That's terrible.

Another place I'd try is Ike's Imporium in Browns Bay, they usually have loads of costume stuff. :)
Thanks! Good to know. :)

Tacticalkat
07-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Look at my new addition! I'm seriously in love, he's so funny!

darkshineskitty
07-12-2011, 11:02 AM

Heard on the radio that Looksharp in town has Santa stuff- better get in quick.

_Ed_
07-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Look at my new addition! I'm seriously in love, he's so funny!
Gorgeous! Very jealous.

Heard on the radio that Looksharp in town has Santa stuff- better get in quick.
Ooh, good tip. Thanks.

_Ed_
08-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Looksharp, Kitty! $15! :eek: Much, much less than I expected.

And I'm very happy with the costume, except the beard is a bit more wizardy than Santa-y. It lacks the curls I'd normally associate with Santa. But that's not a biggie. I'll probably remove the beard for the lunch anyway - food will get stuck in it otherwise. That's my main reservation about growing my own beard, if I'm honest. It'd be gross. :erm:

darkshineskitty
08-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Looksharp, Kitty! $15! :eek: Much, much less than I expected.

And I'm very happy with the costume, except the beard is a bit more wizardy than Santa-y. It lacks the curls I'd normally associate with Santa. But that's not a biggie. I'll probably remove the beard for the lunch anyway - food will get stuck in it otherwise. That's my main reservation about growing my own beard, if I'm honest. It'd be gross. :erm:

No problem Ed! I guess radio advertising does work after all! I love Looksharp, its like a treasure trove of good stuff. I got a foam sword from there for Armageddon and they had just one left of the exact kind that I had seen friends with months earlier and perfectly fit my costume :awesome: A good product is memorable!

Edit: heh, its been so long since I've been on here I totally forgot that I know your actual name for a moment :LOL:

JoBear
08-12-2011, 10:19 PM
$15! That's amazing. I almost want one.

My flatmate christmas-upped the flat. It's so over the top...I love it. We were discussing getting a real tree. Think I've done most of my xmas shopping, gonna have to face the post office queue again tomorrow.

darkshineskitty
09-12-2011, 12:32 AM
I wish people would just be cool about shit.

Edit: Not you guys.

_Ed_
09-12-2011, 09:42 AM
What's up? Doesn't sound good. :(

JoBear
10-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Oh Christchurch Central. :( But at least Paula Bennett didn't win her electorate and the Greens got another MP (and thankfully NZ First didn't get anymore, fuck knows what other freaks they have on their list).

_Ed_
10-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Really happy that Sepuloni made it back into Parliament, and that Mathers made it in for the Greens - she's NZ's first-ever deaf MP. It'll be interesting to see what they put in place to allow her to be involved in debates.

darkshineskitty
11-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Stupid hotmail wasn't sending me board notifications :indiff:
Oh, I was just talking about one of my flatmates earlier.

Found this in the random picture thread. Suddenly three-way handshake Key doesn't seem so bad.
http://i.imgur.com/bD7xm.gif

_Ed_
11-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Haha, oh, that's awkward. Hard to watch, yet I can't look away.

JoBear
11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Ah flatmates...I thought I was the only one who thought our male flatmate was a dick, but as we're got to know each other more it's all come out that they dislike him as well. Makes him slightly more bearable knowing I can complain about him to them.

Going out for a Sunday roast shortly, how British of me.

_Ed_
12-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Days like this, it's good to be a NZ cricket fan.

_Ed_
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
SHEARER!

Well done, Labour. :) My faith in you is restored.

darkshineskitty
13-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Heard a Labour lady on the radio today being all 'David is good' and 'David will step up the role'... I was like they're both David! Must have been a confusing week. 'Who are you voting for?' 'David.' "Ah really? I'm voting for David.' 'Yeah that's what I said!'

JoBear
13-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Be interesting to see how Labour goes on from here. Certainly better than Cunliffe either way. I just hope it wasn't too premature move. Goff should have done another year with Shearer as deputy or something.

Flatmates have the habit of writing group emails. Dickhead flatmate is saying he can't pay his rent and council will and the two were like "if you don't pay it you can move out in four weeks" but we all just signed a joint lease for six months so they can't even threaten that. Drama. I miss my old flat. :(

_Ed_
13-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear.

JoBear
13-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Its just unneccessary really. If he can't pay the rent his super loaded parents will (Eton kid afterall). He just being a dick and the other two are stressing over it. I think he avoided coming home last night after all the "we need to talk" emails. I'm just glad he took the furry sausages out of the fridge finally.

Looking forward to my Dubai trip so much now. Sun and good company. I so rarely see anyone but Oren occassionally these days.

_Ed_
13-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Ew, furry.

Exciting about Dubai! Hope you have an awesome time.

I got majorly undercharged for some stamps today - she sold them to me at 60c each, and they turned out to be $2.40 each! I went back and tried to pay a bit more, but the lady in the shop didn't speak very good English, so it wasn't easy to explain. Ended up just giving three quarters of the stamps back.

JoBear
13-12-2011, 11:21 PM
You are so nice. I would have thought "bonus!" like when I bought a tofu curry the other day and they charged it as if it was the tofu noodles at 4.50 when it should have been 4.95.

JoBear
14-12-2011, 01:12 AM
There's no reason for me to be up this late but I just heard annoying flatmate come home and he's just sent two emails, one to all of us and one to the agent about how he can't pay the rent on time and two how he's going to move out of the flat on the 18 January. I wonder if he'll avoid us for the next month then like he has for the last few days?

Least I won't be the new girl in the flat anymore...although I think they have a friend they want to move in. So I'll still be the one they don't know.

_Ed_
18-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Ooh, I see you have a new name, Jo. Exciting!

We've reached the end of the bucjo era. :(

darkshineskitty
19-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Jo you changed your name!

_Ed_
22-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Goodshirt were so brilliant tonight at their reunion gig.

Rodney: "Here are three new songs. There are heaps of them, but these were the easiest to learn for tonight." :happy: And the new ones were awesome - really catchy.

Other memorable quotes:
* "This is quite fun!"
* "We brought towels, in case it gets too much for us."

Setlist, as I remember it, for any GS fans:

Blowing Dirt
Slippy
Dumb Day
Cement
Buck It Up
Not That Far
How Will I See You?
New Song 1
New Song 2
New Song 3
Sophie
Place To Be
My Racing Head
Monotone
Mousey

Fiji Baby
Lucy
Green

A bit disappointed they didn't play Sand, but apart from that it was perfect. :awesome:

_Ed_
23-12-2011, 04:29 AM
More earthquakes in Christchurch. :(

If Nick and Chris read this, I hope everything's OK for you!

darkshineskitty
23-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Yeah I heard about the earthquake- how sucky. Weirdly enough I was just thinking about a Christmas quake in Christchurch the other day :erm:

_Ed_
24-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Hope everyone has a great Christmas. :)

darkshineskitty
25-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Happy Holidays Moas! :happy:

darkshineskitty
27-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Just typed a question into google and it auto-suggested 'what happened to happy feet?' :LOL:

_Ed_
27-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Haha, fantastic.

It is quite the mystery, in all fairness.

darkshineskitty
30-12-2011, 10:53 AM
AuSM is advertising for their 'Publications Co-Ordinater' (aka Editor) on Seek. Surely this is cheating?

darkshineskitty
30-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Open Polytechnic, y u no do courses that I want? I'm considering doing some distance learning this year.

_Ed_
31-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Happy new year, everyone! :)

Hope you all have/had a great time if you're doing a spot of celebrating.

I got elbowed by Michael Galvin. :erm:

_Ed_
04-01-2012, 11:57 AM
It's been one of those days.

* My cellphone's still showing no signs of life after its brush with seawater yesterday.

* As I arrived at the bus stop on my way to work, the bus was just edging out of the stop. It was four minutes early.

* I had to spend my whole shift working on my least favourite show on TV at the moment.

* I got rained on when I went for a walk on my break.

* As I arrived at the bus stop on my way home, the bus was just edging out of the stop. It was two minutes early.

* I just smacked my pinky toe on a table leg. It's swollen.

Well, tomorrow can only be better.

_Ed_
05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/destiny-church-build-its-own-town-4676079
Fucking hell. :stunned:

darkshineskitty
05-01-2012, 11:54 AM
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/destiny-church-build-its-own-town-4676079
Fucking hell. :stunned:

"Much of your seed is going to go toward the foundations of an offering toward our promised land"

Come on... surely I'm not the only one who read a second meaning there? :chuckle:

_Ed_
07-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Awful news about the balloon crash. :( What a horrendous 18 months for NZ.

_Ed_
11-01-2012, 11:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ThsHQ.jpg

darkshineskitty
11-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Indeed.

_Ed_
11-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Oh, just noticed your award! Congrats! Well deserved.

darkshineskitty
11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh, just noticed your award! Congrats! Well deserved.

Ah :awesome: Thank you!

darkshineskitty
11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
This song is by Guy Sebastian?? :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYz-CjqaOG0

I've heard it so many times on the radio and had no idea! There was a weird moment when it started and I was like 'I know this song, but why is Guy Sebastian in the video? :stunned:' My mind refused to match video and audio :LOL:

http://www.google.co.nz/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://operatorchan.org/k/src/k315689_mind%20blown.gif&sa=X&ei=54UNT_HOIKmTiAfd5aj7BQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGZgTjeubreTZIAwgaWL9TUnkL17w

_Ed_
11-01-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm struggling to digest this information.

I knew the song as well, but didn't know it was him either! Crazy.

But that's an awesome gif.

Carlo von Sexron
12-01-2012, 04:53 AM
The back end of the Rena went down faster than Nicky Watson went down on Matthew Ridge.

darkshineskitty
12-01-2012, 08:47 AM
The back end of the Rena went down faster than Nicky Watson went down on Matthew Ridge.

Oh jeeze :LOL: I just had dinner!

Carlo von Sexron
12-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Haha, oh my bad. Hopefully you kept it down after that delightful mental image.

_Ed_
12-01-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/art/tattoos/other/auction-439094192.htm :facepalm:

darkshineskitty
13-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Haha, oh my bad. Hopefully you kept it down after that delightful mental image.

Please don't say the word 'down' any more :LOL:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/art/tattoos/other/auction-439094192.htm :facepalm:

What. Over $10000 already?? Fuck that.
edit: Kind of lol at the people who are like 'can the winner come watch?'. Yeah I bet you would like that you filthy people :LOL:

Carlo von Sexron
13-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Bitch got no shame! She'll just get it lazer erased or cover it with another tat to her liking and laugh all the way to the bank. Entrepreneurial wench.

I was on trade me motors and saw a Q - What's it lowered on bro?, followed by A - Springs mate. Haha, made me lol.

darkshineskitty
13-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Yeah exactly. One of the comments was like 'you can just get it tattooed over' and the response was like ';)'. Shameless.

_Ed_
16-01-2012, 08:35 AM
You guys hear about the guy who went into a massive rage at Wendy's because they got his order wrong? Bizarre!

And what I really love about that story is he ordered a Baconator without the bacon. Who does that? The Baconator's all about the fucking bacon. That's like going to a pizza place and saying, "Hey, could I have a Meat Lovers, but without the meat?"

No wonder they got the order wrong.

Me Rug I Sty
16-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Is there a story somewhere? Customers raging is hardly new :p

_Ed_
16-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Haha, true. But this sounds pretty special. Pepper spray had no effect on the bloke. Impressive.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/rampage-in-burger-store-4687216

Carlo von Sexron
17-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Haha yeah I saw that, cracks me up, I used to go to that Wendy's all the time! I agree though, who does order the baconator without the bacon? Decidedly odd.

zomuse
17-01-2012, 05:43 AM
It's just been announced that there's not going to be any future BDOs in NZ :( not too surprising considering the poor ticket sales but I wanted to go next year when I was old enough (could go this year but the line up doesn't interest me enough). Plus Muse were pretty much guaranteed to come some time in the future if it was still on.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2012, 05:14 AM
I went and did that Poisoners thing at Auckland Museum today. Pretty fun, and they've set up all the different rooms and stuff really well, but it was ridiculously easy.

_Ed_
18-01-2012, 12:45 PM
It's just been announced that there's not going to be any future BDOs in NZ :( not too surprising considering the poor ticket sales but I wanted to go next year when I was old enough (could go this year but the line up doesn't interest me enough). Plus Muse were pretty much guaranteed to come some time in the future if it was still on.
Yeah, it is sad. I'll miss it. :( But the organisers have brought about their own downfall, really. Of course there'd be lower ticket sales when they significantly raise the price and decrease the number of acts performing.

Still, looking forward to going this Friday - hopefully some more good memories of a great festival.

I went and did that Poisoners thing at Auckland Museum today. Pretty fun, and they've set up all the different rooms and stuff really well, but it was ridiculously easy.
Ooh, that's something I've been meaning to check out. Must do that.

_Ed_
26-01-2012, 11:39 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/acpwk9.jpg

darkshineskitty
27-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Tea tapes been leaked

Tacticalkat
28-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Tea tapes been leaked

Heard part of them on the radio, was really disappointing, couldn't even really hear any words just lots of clinking glasses.

Music related question you guys might be able to help with. I want to download music legally, but Digirama doesn't have what I want and I don't want to use Itunes. Is there another alternative? Cheeeers guys!

darkshineskitty
28-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Heard part of them on the radio, was really disappointing, couldn't even really hear any words just lots of clinking glasses.

Music related question you guys might be able to help with. I want to download music legally, but Digirama doesn't have what I want and I don't want to use Itunes. Is there another alternative? Cheeeers guys!

Yeah I saw it on YouTube but I got bored because I only wanted to hear the controversial bit and they had posted the whole thing.

Hmm interesting. Nothing springs to mind immediately. Why don't you want to use iTunes?

_Ed_
28-01-2012, 11:58 AM
I usually use Digirama as well. Sucks it didn't have what you wanted this time.

These two are pretty good:

http://www.amazon.com/MP3-Music-Download/b/ref=sv_m_7?ie=UTF8&node=163856011&tag=vglnk-c43-20

http://nz.7digital.com/

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Tacticalkat
28-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah I saw it on YouTube but I got bored because I only wanted to hear the controversial bit and they had posted the whole thing.

Hmm interesting. Nothing springs to mind immediately. Why don't you want to use iTunes?

I'm not a huge fan of Apple, and have managed so far without Itunes, I usually use Digirama but I just wondered that if they didn't have something if there was an alternative or if you would be then forced to use Itunes anyway.

Dan has it on his computer so I could have always used that it was more the principle of the thing haha.

I usually use Digirama as well. Sucks it didn't have what you wanted this time.

These two are pretty good:

http://www.amazon.com/MP3-Music-Download/b/ref=sv_m_7?ie=UTF8&node=163856011&tag=vglnk-c43-20

http://nz.7digital.com/

Hope that helps. Good luck!

You are a genius!! Tried Amazon but they will only download to US, but the second one has them and I have just dowloaded cd. I'm thrilled! Thanks Rich. :)

_Ed_
29-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Yay!

darkshineskitty
29-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Hey Rich I saw on Seek that TVNZ is advertising for more captioners. You still do that, right? Give me the honest truth about the work :chuckle:

_Ed_
29-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Yep, that's still my job, and I really love it. We have to do some abysmal programmes from time to time, but there are some good ones as well. And even the bad ones can be fun - complaining about them and ridiculing them with workmates. And the news and all its pressure is really exciting.

The workmates are awesome (if I may say so myself). We do heaps of social events, and we just have a lot of fun at work (there's a baking roster!) And the team leader for new recruits is fabulous and so amazing at training newbies.

But we're advertising for a full-timer, yeah? That has its drawbacks - mainly the changing shifts. I don't like the 7am-3:30 one! Plus the new recruit will be replacing a hugely popular captioner. Big shoes to fill!

But, yeah, I think it's a really awesome job. I'd definitely recommend applying if you're considering it. :)

darkshineskitty
30-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Hmm I was thinking about it, but I don't like the idea of live captioning. Seems terrifying.

sventington
30-01-2012, 01:51 AM
So does your FACE!

*skips off into the night*

_Ed_
30-01-2012, 03:03 AM
Haha, it scared the bejesus out of me at first too, and I see the terror in the eyes of every newbie when they're about to do it for the first time. But you get used to it SO quickly.

And you don't get dumped straight into live captioning on your very first day. You only start doing the news when you're ready - usually about 6-8 weeks, I think.

It's a job that provides hours of nerdy fun. Last week we had a big discussion about how to describe the sound of jelly wobbling. It was fascinating! We went with "gloop!" in the end.

Tacticalkat
30-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Hmm I was thinking about it, but I don't like the idea of live captioning. Seems terrifying.

You should go for it!!

So does your FACE!

*skips off into the night*

What the deuce! You are no Kiwi!

Haha, it scared the bejesus out of me at first too, and I see the terror in the eyes of every newbie when they're about to do it for the first time. But you get used to it SO quickly.

And you don't get dumped straight into live captioning on your very first day. You only start doing the news when you're ready - usually about 6-8 weeks, I think.

It's a job that provides hours of nerdy fun. Last week we had a big discussion about how to describe the sound of jelly wobbling. It was fascinating! We went with "gloop!" in the end.

It does sound pretty cool.

The job that is, not the sound of jelly wobbling.
Rich not only did I find the obscure band on that website, but it was also cheaper than Ituens. Score!

_Ed_
30-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Fantastic! What, pray tell, is the obscure band? I'm curious now.

darkshineskitty
30-01-2012, 11:06 AM
What the deuce! You are no Kiwi!

Don't engage him.

Also, Rich and company, I would appreciate your ongoing silence about my irl presence. You are a small number, those who have seen my face. Let's keep it between us :shifty:

_Ed_
30-01-2012, 11:19 AM
What the deuce!
I LOVE that saying, by the way!

Also, Rich and company, I would appreciate your ongoing silence about my irl presence. You are a small number, those who have seen my face. Let's keep it between us :shifty:
Ooh, secrecy. But sure, no problem. :)

darkshineskitty
30-01-2012, 11:21 AM

Cheers. I'm trusting you guys with my secret! You are the Robins to my Batman!

Tacticalkat
31-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Fantastic! What, pray tell, is the obscure band? I'm curious now.

Hahah, they are called Slot, a Russian band. The lead singer is called Nookie, and I am in loooove with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4s4GQqt_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJNTd18ANA&feature=related

Don't engage him.

I've never seen your face, and have no idea who you are in real life, haha so your secret is perfectly safe with me!

I LOVE that saying, by the way!

Stewie is the best!

_Ed_
31-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Hahah, they are called Slot, a Russian band. The lead singer is called Nookie, and I am in loooove with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4s4GQqt_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJNTd18ANA&feature=related
Ooh, I like.

Tacticalkat
02-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I've been growing steadily more and more obsessed with them. First heard of them about three or four years ago and couldn't really find much on them then. They have just released a couple of their songs in English, but I'm not that keen on them, they seem to lack somewhat, more romantic in Russian haha.

_Ed_
03-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Haha, yeah, I get what you mean. Like Rammstein's songs in English are never quite the same.

I got completely sucked in to a new TV show at work today. It had this crazily dramatic first scene, and then it was all like "five months earlier..." And I'm thinking, "WHAT?! How did we get from this to that?!"

I'm gonna have to watch it all now, aren't I?

darkshineskitty
03-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Well tell us what it is, Ed!

_Ed_
03-02-2012, 08:52 AM
REVENGE.

I don't think it's meant to be all in caps, but I just like typing it as such.

darkshineskitty
03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
REVENGE.

I don't think it's meant to be all in caps, but I just like typing it as such.

I totally forgot what you were talking about for a moment there :LOL:

_Ed_
03-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Had a similar issue earlier, when a workmate asked me, "Do you like Men of a Certain Age?" :chuckle:

darkshineskitty
03-02-2012, 09:04 AM
:LOL: I hope you responded with something like 'yes, between 20 and 30 is my ideal'

_Ed_
03-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Haha. Just laughed uncontrollably for a few minutes.

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
03-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Alright, and yours?

_Ed_
03-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Pretty good thanks. :)

I can't believe this: http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Homer-like_blob_of_glue_on_eBay

darkshineskitty
03-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Pretty good thanks. :)

I can't believe this: http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Homer-like_blob_of_glue_on_eBay

What the fuck. It looks more like a skull than anything. Creepy.

Carlo von Sexron
04-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Are we all making the most of the long weekend people?

I definitely am. Been consistently drunk since Friday night. WOOP.

_Ed_
05-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Haha, nice.

No long weekend for me. :( Saving up my days off for a trip later in the year.

Carlo von Sexron
07-02-2012, 05:04 AM
What about that supreme expat cock complaining about the state of our Kiwis on the Waitangi day pub crawl in London?!? What did he expect? I think next year he should just stay inside...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10783888

Super Sammy!
07-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Oh bloody hell. Australia Day is just an excuse for everyone to get absolutely fucked over there, I see no reason why we should be targeted in any way. He's like that bitter old neighbour who has a bitch at anything that goes on.

Also, I think we've all pissed on random buildings and that. :LOL:

Tacticalkat
07-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh my god. Our house set on fire last night. Something wrong with a wire in the kitchen under the floor. We were in it when it started, got out ok, three fire engines were here for about five hours putting it out and checking everything. I don't know what I'm doing posting.

_Ed_
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
God, that's awful! The main thing is you're OK, of course, but it sounds like such a traumatic thing to go through.

Tacticalkat
08-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Cheers, I feel a lot better about things, we had the fire inspector today who found the cause of it, and a clean up crew came and scrubbed all the walls, ceiling, and steamed the carpet, got rid of all the smell and soot. We have painters and plasterers coming tomorrow and an electrician so hopefully will have power to the kitchen tomorrow.

Please Moas do me a favour, go and check your smoke detectors not only work, but that they are up to date ones and that you have enough of them and in the correct place. The fire brigade will come and check this for you and install new ones if you need them..

darkshineskitty
13-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Can you guys please spread the word?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/6409315/Police-search-for-missing-Auckland-man

_Ed_
13-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Oh, is that someone you know? I can't really think of what to say. Can't imagine what you're going through.

I definitely will spread the word, and my thoughts are with you and all those close to him.

darkshineskitty
13-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh, is that someone you know? I can't really think of what to say. Can't imagine what you're going through.

I definitely will spread the word, and my thoughts are with you and all those close to him.

I went to primary, intermediate, and high school with him. He really liked cricket (edit: at primary school I mean). I hope they find him :(

_Ed_
13-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Oh wow. :( Yeah, I really hope they do.

Davinq
13-02-2012, 09:37 PM
This thread's just been bad news lately. :(

Michelle
14-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey guys. Long time no see, time has been passing by so fast for me. I finally finished my thesis on Friday! :D I still don't feel very relaxed from it yet though, waiting for the weather to clear up for a little holiday. Hope everyone had a good holiday season.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uf9dm8.png

I love social media during election campaigning:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/302483_207795012624356_117260741677784_501151_1695 96876_n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/383060_10150344329236519_590336518_8220932_7233464 81_n.jpg

:LOL: plus to all the other pics posted as well.

Apparently a woman fell four storeys down the Aotea Square side of the Skycity Metro building (or whatever it's called this week) today. :stunned:

Serious but stable condition in hospital, so you'd have to say she's pretty lucky!

One of my uncles was on his lunch break and was watching that. He turned around to leave and then he heard THUD!! That was her falling to the ground :stunned: At first people were stunned because they weren't sure if that was part of the stunt but then he saw her hand move and blood which is when people realised it was a fall and called the ambulance. My uncle couldn't believe she only broke her cheek bones with the sound of her landing.

Oh my god. Our house set on fire last night. Something wrong with a wire in the kitchen under the floor. We were in it when it started, got out ok, three fire engines were here for about five hours putting it out and checking everything. I don't know what I'm doing posting.

Oh, sorry to hear about that, glad your're all ok.

I went to primary, intermediate, and high school with him. He really liked cricket (edit: at primary school I mean). I hope they find him :(

Sorry to hear about that too. Hope they find him soon! :(

_Ed_
16-02-2012, 08:23 AM
I finally finished my thesis on Friday! :D
That's really really awesome. Congrats!

darkshineskitty
16-02-2012, 08:26 AM
I finally finished my thesis on Friday! :D

Yay! Are you excited to be done??