PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

_Ed_
21-04-2010, 11:28 AM
And the suit-pink bike combo is a bit out of the ordinary.

t.gypsy
21-04-2010, 08:36 PM
morning guys how are we.

_Ed_
22-04-2010, 03:59 AM
I just found out I have to caption a 90-minute non-stop live event on Sunday.

It sounded a bit scary, but it turns out it's the wreath-laying ceremony, which I'm expecting will be quite a solemn and quiet occasion. There might not be that much typing involved for me.

_Ed_
22-04-2010, 04:17 AM
I just got an email that was a bit of a letdown.

Due to a miscalculation of public holiday pay, you are owed money.
Ooh, this is good! I'm excited.

An additional $4.83 will be credited to your account with your next pay.
Ah.

t.gypsy
22-04-2010, 05:33 AM
I just got an email that was a bit of a letdown.

Ooh, this is good! I'm excited.

Ah.

yeap i can see you doing a soccer like corner flag dance on that one.

I am officially a consumer watchdog :LOL: and the points i earn pays for vouchers and things there is someone that is a member of the company that got a playstation 3 or something like that its cool.

Spy Fox
22-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Poor buffalo, forced into conformity:noey:
It sounds like a decent tune.

I want to see them live naaaaaaaaaao. :(

_Ed_
22-04-2010, 10:00 AM
A Google image search for "about to sneeze" has yielded interesting results, both human...
http://i39.tinypic.com/33blc9d.jpg

..and animal.
http://i43.tinypic.com/34te71u.jpg

I'm easily entertained.

hysteriaaah
22-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Life's too short not to be easily entertained. :D

_Ed_
22-04-2010, 10:38 AM
True, that.

The guy in the top picture looks like he's about to unleash something a bit special. I don't think that tissue/handkerchief (eww) is going to be adequate to absorb its fury. His hair might also be less than pristine after the event.

hysteriaaah
22-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I must say, you paint an incredibly disgusting mental picture :LOL: Heehee, fyyooooory :D

darkshineskitty
22-04-2010, 12:19 PM
A Google image search for "about to sneeze" has yielded interesting results, both human...
http://i39.tinypic.com/33blc9d.jpg

..and animal.
http://fugato.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/about-to-sneeze.jpg

I'm easily entertained.

I can't see the animal one.

_Ed_
22-04-2010, 12:31 PM
That's highly disappointing. Our technicians are working on the problem and hope to rectify it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Should be fixed now, hopefully.

t.gypsy
22-04-2010, 09:23 PM
That's highly disappointing. Our technicians are working on the problem and hope to rectify it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Should be fixed now, hopefully.

Yes you are easily entertained but so am i.

Who watched the folden on campbell live last night its a nice machine and its mean sounding too. Not too bad.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Popcorn is the perfect song for when you're laboriously whisking an eggy mixture. Dancing to it helped me through the ordeal. My hands really hurt now.

Super Sammy!
23-04-2010, 02:50 AM
I much prefer the Crazy Frog version of Popcorn :ninja:

Spy Fox
23-04-2010, 04:10 AM
Rumoured dates for Muse in Australia are 26/27 November. Muse wouldn't come to NZ before Australia, surely.

t.gypsy
23-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Rumoured dates for Muse in Australia are 26/27 November. Muse wouldn't come to NZ before Australia, surely.

they shouldnt but those guys we dont know what they will do next.. they arent excactly the most predictable band.

JoBear
23-04-2010, 05:48 AM
they have been rather predictable for the last couple of years

hysteriaaah
23-04-2010, 08:42 AM

God I seriously hope they come after that date.....you think they'd just do one show?

Spy Fox
23-04-2010, 08:47 AM
God I seriously hope they come after that date.....you think they'd just do one show?
If they did, it'd be Auckland, and I'd be very disappointed.

I'm gunning for a Welly show.

Tacticalkat
23-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Yay Muse hoodie! Thanks Jo, that was what I needed to come home to after a shit 14 hour shift!

JoBear
23-04-2010, 09:39 AM
sorry when i was stuffing it in the postage bag i was like "i should've washed this!" but i was already so late sending it -- that muse hoodie has been in a muse hotel room so it's priceless. ;)

Spy Fox
23-04-2010, 09:42 AM
That's so cool :D

Passing it from 'one generation' to the next.

hysteriaaah
23-04-2010, 10:21 AM
If they did, it'd be Auckland, and I'd be very disappointed.

I'm gunning for a Welly show.

LOL then i guess i'm greedy; gunning for two auckland shows :LOL:

Spy Fox
23-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I doubt we'd get two Auckland shows. Unless the first one sold out very quickly, which would only happen if it was the only show they play. And even then I doubt they'd announce a second date.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 11:57 AM
So, the brownies...

Well, the taste was fine. My friends seemed to be enjoying it almost too much! Scarlett was like, "how do you feel that you've made guys make that noise?" :LOL:

But, um, the texture...well, they had to be eaten out of bowls with spoons. :$

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 11:59 AM
But I never meant to make brownies! Fuck no! It was sloppy, but tasty, chocolate pudding I was going for.

JoBear
23-04-2010, 12:01 PM
wonder what gave them that texture? did you have to whip the egg whites manually? that's always a bitch.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I did. But the mixture seemed to be as the recipe said it should be when I'd finished it. Maybe I was too scared of burning it and just didn't leave it in long enough?

JoBear
23-04-2010, 12:04 PM
that may have been it! as i said in my text, never made brownies (well other than the biscuity peanut brownie variety) so i'm not expert.

i really just want to get into my pajamas and climb into bed but i said i'd pick oren up...guess it'll be the last time i'd have to.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 12:09 PM
That's good of you! :)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/18/article-1194082-05665871000005DC-760_468x494.jpg

JoBear
23-04-2010, 12:10 PM
and that's a giant bow

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 12:12 PM
It's possibly a bit larger than is necessary.

JoBear
23-04-2010, 12:13 PM
now he's texted me telling me to go to bed...but i'll still have to go out to put the car in the garage. :facepalm:

Tacticalkat
23-04-2010, 12:14 PM
sorry when i was stuffing it in the postage bag i was like "i should've washed this!" but i was already so late sending it -- that muse hoodie has been in a muse hotel room so it's priceless. ;)

No worries! It smells fine ( I will admit to sniffing it when I pulled it out) and I've been wearing it since I got home.
You have no idea how stoked I was to find it after the day I have had!!!! Better condition than you made it sound too! :p

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 12:17 PM
What a wannabe Lady Gaga. Edit: The bow woman, not you Kat :LOL:

I amused myself, and my mum, today by putting on a Scottish accent. That 'Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow' was playing on TV and one of the comedians was from Glasgow, so I was imitating him :LOL: I can say two things in a convincing Glaswegian accent now: 'waiting on a bus in the city of Glasgow' and 'I cannae take a liking to economics' :LOL: can't remember what the other one was.

JoBear
23-04-2010, 12:18 PM
No worries! It smells fine ( I will admit to sniffing it when I pulled it out) and I've been wearing it since I got home.
You have no idea how stoked I was to find it after the day I have had!!!! Better condition than you made it sound too! :p
i nearly didn't have it considering the night i got it i dropped it outside of the st james and then i left it in morgan's room after as well.

glad you like it, only thing i didn't really like about it was it was quite short for a hoodie.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I can say two things in a convincing Glaswegian accent now: 'waiting on a bus in the city of Glasgow' and 'I cannae take a liking to economics' :LOL: can't remember what the other one was.
You're completely sorted! You could go to Glasgow, just make those two comments, and immediately be warmly accepted by the locals.

JoBear
23-04-2010, 12:21 PM

I amused myself, and my mum, today by putting on a Scottish accent. That 'Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow' was playing on TV and one of the comedians was from Glasgow, so I was imitating him :LOL: I can say two things in a convincing Glaswegian accent now: 'waiting on a bus in the city of Glasgow' and 'I cannae take a liking to economics' :LOL: can't remember what the other one was.
stewart francis was on it right? i missed him because i was watching the stupid show on 2. but i saw mark watson at least.

Tacticalkat
23-04-2010, 12:22 PM

Ha I was going to say, as much as I'd love to imitate her I don't often go without pants!

I love taking off British accents, we were doing Liverpudlian and Sotke ones today for amusement!

i nearly didn't have it considering the night i got it i dropped it outside of the st james and then i left it in morgan's room after as well.

glad you like it, only thing i didn't really like about it was it was quite short for a hoodie.

Extra special then!

It's a little short on me, but I've got a long sleeved lightweight jumpet thing underneath that makes it longer.

Need sleep now zzzzzz hope you guys on here are all well!

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 12:23 PM
but i saw mark watson at least.
I saw him live last year. He was really great. And then I found out the next day that he'd heard his wife was seriously ill and he couldn't go home until after the show. :( Felt a bit bad for enjoying it so much when he must have been suffering. He didn't show it at all, though.

I hope she's doing better.

JoBear
23-04-2010, 12:24 PM
well now i can, i'm off to bed. i've had an insatiable thirst all day so i'm hoping it disappears because water has been tasting really funny and the only thing that's really satisfied it was a glass of milk.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 12:27 PM
You're completely sorted! You could go to Glasgow, just make those two comments, and immediately be warmly accepted by the locals.

I could! Everything I need can be constructed out of those two sentences.

stewart francis was on it right? i missed him because i was watching the stupid show on 2. but i saw mark watson at least.

I don't know, I was too distracted playing around with an accent to watch the others :$

Has anyone else lost the ability to read roll over text on facebook pictures to see who has been tagged?

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Has anyone else lost the ability to read roll over text on facebook pictures to see who has been tagged?
Yeah, I noticed that earlier today myself. I don't know what's going on. Shenanigans!

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I noticed that earlier today myself. I don't know what's going on. Shenanigans!

Turns out you just have to refresh a bit.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 12:40 PM
That seems to be a solution to a lot of life's issues.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 12:44 PM
That seems to be a solution to a lot of life's issues.

Hey Rich, remember how you watched that Most Hated Family doco the other day? I just read someone's post on a webpage about their experience at a counter-picket against them. Made me smile:

The homophobic hate-mongers of Westboro Baptist Church (infamous for picketing schools, street corners and funerals with signs like "God Hates Fags", "Jews Killed Jesus", and "Thank God for Dead Soldiers") decided this week to pay a visit to my home state and picket not only my current college, but my old high school as well. To drum up media attention they post their entire protest schedule publicly on their site, and a few savvy groups took it upon themselves to stage a counter-protest at every stop along the way. I was only able to make the high school gathering.

I decided to cosplay because I figured looking like a queer dandy weeaboo would tick them off appropriately well, and I decided to cosplay young Ples because (as we all know) Ples is Rainbows, but I didn't have enough time to do the make-up. I shined my shoes, straightened my tie, made a sign, and strolled down the street to a MASSIVE. RAINBOW. FLOOD. OF AWESOME. [Also not pictured - sorry, they ran too].

The turnout was tremendous: Westboro's puny seven-person protest was swamped by what must have been 500 counter-protesters at minimum. Most of our signs included the words "love" or "peace", although nearly half were references to internet memes ("[Citation Needed], "I HAVE A SIGN") and gay music videos ("It's Okay to Be Gay" "Shut Up (and Sleep With Me)!") or parodies of the WBC signs themselves "God Hates Signs", "God Hates Figs").

Petitions were being signed. Charity fundraisers were being run. Someone gave me a free brownie. The building itself was plastered in rainbow chalk and banners, and even the school's electronic announcement board was streaming slogans of love, peace, unity, and acceptance.

WBC never spends more than 30 minutes at any location, so I knew I had to act fast if I was going to get a picture. I spent ten minutes inching through the crowd to get to where they were huddled together. As I was waiting at the crosswalk, however, they decided enough was enough, picked up their signs, and left.

Well, they tried.

When it became clear that the clan of bigots was chickening out early, the tension of the crowd ramped up to something both joyous and fierce. Traffic be damned, we all piled into the street after them, marching as a mob down the road, staying clear of the group's protective SWAT-team bodyguards but jeering louder than ever as they disappeared into their escape van. Someone started chanting "JESUS WAS A JEW!". Then everybody was chanting it. I held my sign up and cheered, slightly frightened but mostly laughing.

As the van pulled slowly away through the mass of protesters, I caught sight of the woman in the passenger seat. Eerily calm, smiling mirthlessly, she held up a video camera to videotape the whole thing. Our eyes met for a brief moment. I thrust my fists in the air and bellowed in triumph. She caught me on film, and was gone.

Once the van was out of sight the crowd dispersed elatedly, and in the confused calm I managed to convince a stranger to borrow my camera and take this (rather splendid) photo.
I didn't manage to make it to the other two protests they had planned today, but I'm told there were upwards of a thousand counter-protesters at each. And it rained. ♥

How ironic that they need and accept the protection of a SWAT team.
Edit: Oh right, Ples is from a webcomic. He's a gay character.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 12:48 PM
That's fantastic. :awesome: That's what freedom of speech should be all about - they have a right to make their views heard, but they can't expect those of us who find them offensive to take it quietly.

Oh right, Ples is from a webcomic. He's a gay character.
Oh right, thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't sure what that bit was about.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 12:58 PM
That's fantastic. :awesome: That's what freedom of speech should be all about - they have a right to make their views heard, but they can't expect those of us who find them offensive to take it quietly.

Oh right, thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't sure what that bit was about.

I love that there were like 7 church protesters and up to 1000 counter-protesters :LOL: And I just saw on another site that some people had signs like 'God strongly dislikes hate' and 'God is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down' :LOL:

Yeah I found the post because they had posted this picture of themselves cosplaying as Ples:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/112/6/1/Time_to_Love___Ples_vs_WBC_by_Naranda.jpg
and it caught my eye.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:00 PM
'God is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down'
:LOL:
That is awesome.

That song should be added to church services. I can just imagine it. I think it could be quite a stirring rendition.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:05 PM
That is awesome.

That song should be added to church services. I can just imagine it. I think it could be quite a stirring rendition.

Definitely uplifting.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Astleylutely. Does that work?

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Astleylutely. Does that work?

I'll accept it.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:12 PM
It was borderline, I admit. Very generous of you to let it slide.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:13 PM
It was borderline, I admit. Very generous of you to let it slide.

We're all friends here

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:15 PM
But friends don't let friends make atrocious puns.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:16 PM
But friends don't let friends make atrocious puns.

It wasn't atrocious. Just really bad. Still under the legal limit of horribleness though.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Speaking of bad puns, why did the rugby league team that cheated on the salary cap or whatever have to have the extraordinarily pun-friendly name of the Storm? :facepalm:

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Speaking of bad puns, why did the rugby league team that cheated on the salary cap or whatever have to have the extraordinarily pun-friendly name of the Storm? :facepalm:

I know, how many Facebook pages does there have to be!?

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I think the ratio of the number of Facebook groups something attracts in relation to its actual significance is somewhere in the region of 10 to 1.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I think the ratio of the number of Facebook groups something attracts in relation to its actual significance is somewhere in the region of 10 to 1.

What do you mean?

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:29 PM
I have absolutely no idea. :chuckle:

But I think there's far more Facebook groups than necessary for every vaguely newsworthy event.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:29 PM
I have absolutely no idea. :chuckle:

But I think there's far more Facebook groups than necessary for every vaguely newsworthy event.

Yes this is very true. I mostly join ones that are lulzy.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah, me too.

But a lot of the ones I've joined for that reason have been spamming me lately. :indiff:

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah, me too.

But a lot of the ones I've joined for that reason have been spamming me lately. :indiff:

I don't get messages from most of them. You need to be more selective!

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Maybe so.

I do sometimes decide against joining groups that I like the sentiment of but that have grammatical errors in their title, but then a group appeared called something like "I wanted to join your group, but then I saw a grammatical error in the title."

Selectivity fail.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe so.

I do sometimes decide against joining groups that I like the sentiment of but that have grammatical errors in their title, but then a group appeared called something like "I wanted to join your group, but then I saw a grammatical error in the title."

Selectivity fail.

If groups aren't spelt correctly or grammatically accurate, I don't join :phu:

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I applaud that.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.pinqradio.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/applause.gif

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Wow they're really enthusiastic

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm a bit concerned about the well-being of the woman on the far right, second row from the front.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm a bit concerned about the well-being of the woman on the far right, second row from the front.

Oh yeah, freaky. Look at the person on the left, right near the back. They're doing a :noey: face but super quick.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 02:04 PM
True!

I also see an enthusiastic :yesey:er in the middle.

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 02:06 PM
True!

I also see an enthusiastic :yesey:er in the middle.

They all look like they're having a grand time.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Makes you wonder what they've just witnessed.

Possibly something mildly racist. Not wanting to make any wild generalisations about the past, but...

darkshineskitty
23-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Makes you wonder what they've just witnessed.

Possibly something mildly racist. Not wanting to make any wild generalisations about the past, but...

:chuckle:

Okay I'm going to bed. Night!

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Night!

Oranje...BOOM!

Well, I thought that was clever when I started typing this.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Pale Blue Eyes by The Velvet Underground is a phenomenally beautiful song.

I have to thank the movie Adventureland for me discovering it. The whole soundtrack of that movie is amazing.

_Ed_
23-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Who needs sleep?

t.gypsy
23-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Should i go to eds place with a pot and pan????

I am amazed how well i am combatting with my boredom at the moment usually by about now i would be trying to climb the walls.. *sighs* the sooner i am able to have income to go out job hunting with the better. That is my main hold up.

darkshineskitty
25-04-2010, 07:08 AM
I went to RENT last night :awesome: It was sooo good! Its got Michael Murphy in it, so understandably we were all a bit 'oh. him.' about it, but he came out and blew me away! His voice is so good, seriously! And he played his character really well. It was a great performance, except at one part they had a small lighting difficulty, but they sorted that out pretty quickly and were all good to go again.

It was weird because on the bus on the way there, a rock flew up from the road and hit the window I was sitting next to, and cracked the safety glass and gave us all a shock. So as we drove to the bus depot we switched seats, and we could hear and see the glass continuing to crack. It didn't crumble though.

And then afterwards we stopped in at a friend's 21st which was good because there were lots of people to see and catch up with, and the guy is really nice so it was good to wish him a happy birthday and all :happy:

JoBear
25-04-2010, 09:19 AM
sounds like a good evening other than the rock part.

we're off to london in the morning, we'll get in about 6pm nz time on tuesday so think of us flying/transiting till then!

Ghosty Ghost
25-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah talk to you all later :)

lensip max
25-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Hey there Moa,

How've you all been?

t.gypsy
25-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey there Moa,

How've you all been?

Pretty good at the moment i was a bit sick sat but i am fine now. I finished one jumper and working on another and looking forward to going to winz tommorow to sort some things out.

Putting up with my mom just at me *sighs* shes making me feel worse about a situation i cannot control and if i could i would be if a job comes up in auckers and it means i need to move i am jumping for it.

Who was at the anzac day service??

lensip max
25-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I've never been to one, though my koro was in the 28th Maori Battalion, and my granddad did "undercover work".

Did you go? How was it?

Sorry to hear about the WINZness and the mama dramas. I've been there. It totally sucks.

t.gypsy
25-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I would go if i didnt value my sleep so much. I admire those who do. My ggrandad was the horseman in gallipoli and my grandad was in the navy he was one of those that watch the bomb testings all that time ago and my grandad believes this is why i was born like i was.

Lol my mom saids that it was the area where we were living around the time of her pregers played a part too and i said to mom i am a fucked up example of the human race :LOL::LOL: a little nutty with weird random thought highly creative and a big fan of muse.:LOL::LOL:

I know its kind of a hassle to go job hunting and the market at the moment to get a job is highly competitive and also i am aiming to go back to the course so heres hoping i have a sensible,understanding human case worker and i know for a fact they are gunna ask me questions about my workplace i was at and one of them will be "why did they hire more staff when they are unable to give me the hours".

And as for the mama issues well i have been switching off and looking the other way.

lensip max
25-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah me too. I've always wanted to go to one. My mum's decided it's an example of generation Y warmongering, but I'm surprisingly not as cynical as her when it comes to ANZAC things.

Though I didn't even buy a poppy this year...

My family were living in Paekakariki when I was born, but as much as I'd like to blame my tortocullis (my-neck-bones-are-funny-itis) on the steepness of the hills I don't think it'd fly :chuckle:
It was a beautiful place to live and stuff though. I remember the way my dad used to go walking down to the beach, with me in one of those backpack things people put babies in on his back. I remember when his strides used to feel endlessly huge and loping and rolling to my toddler self :happy:

The market is made of fail. So is WINZ. I wish you the best of luck on that front.

As to the mamaness - that's the most sensible thing to do imo.

t.gypsy
25-04-2010, 10:34 PM
No it wouldnt fly would it where excactly is that i was born in whangerei womans hostpital and had to be trans less than 12hrs old for an operation.

I know its made to fail *sighs* it'll look up for me at least and this time it will be the best thing i will do with myself.

MistressMary
26-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Does anyone recall when tour dates to NZ and Aus were announced last time? I am starting to get impatient.. lol...

t.gypsy
26-04-2010, 03:29 AM
Does anyone recall when tour dates to NZ and Aus were announced last time? I am starting to get impatient.. lol...

I would say prolly on here under the tour dates. And it most likely wont be done till much later in the year.

hysteriaaah
26-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Their delay of announcing the dates are in fact making many of us all antsy :(

oh my gosh, did you guys hear how they had to cancel a free justin bieber concert in sydney coz' it just went mental....cops turned up and crazy girls weren't listening so cops told them all to go home but the girls were so determined to see him that a bunch of them followed the bus he was in back to some tv station or something. Apparently he performed one song for them behind a panel of glass. :eek:

kinopus
26-04-2010, 04:33 AM
my friend rumoured they were going to do the powerstation, but I highly doubt that theyd play that venue, would be awesome though

Tacticalkat
26-04-2010, 04:42 AM
LENNY!

How's things?

Haven't seen you around here in ages!

I don't think anyone has heard any more rumours about a tour since the murmerings at the Big Day Out. Lame!

lensip max
26-04-2010, 05:25 AM
LENNY!

How's things?

Haven't seen you around here in ages!KAT :awesome: :kiss:

Things are good. Things are going swimmingly in fact.

I didn't have internet, which is why I wasn't online or here.

How have things been with you?

hysteriaaah
26-04-2010, 05:51 AM
my friend rumoured they were going to do the powerstation, but I highly doubt that theyd play that venue, would be awesome though

I highly doubt it as well...they'll prob be bringing a big production over with em' so i thought vector would be most likely. They might play trusts stadium again but they're a lot bigger than the last time they came. Gosh i'm still pissed i couldn't go in 2007:(

Tacticalkat
26-04-2010, 06:28 AM
KAT :awesome: :kiss:

Things are good. Things are going swimmingly in fact.

I didn't have internet, which is why I wasn't online or here.

How have things been with you?

Ahhh, did you go to that special centre thing you were going to?

I've been good, finally got the courage to sit my restricted and passed, which has pretty much changed my life. I'm working between two hospitals at the moment, in preparation to go to the children's hospital in May.

:D

Glad to hear things are going well for you!

I highly doubt it as well...they'll prob be bringing a big production over with em' so i thought vector would be most likely. They might play trusts stadium again but they're a lot bigger than the last time they came. Gosh i'm still pissed i couldn't go in 2007:(

Yeah I thought they would be big enough to play Vector now too. DO WANT!

lensip max
26-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Oh congrats with the restricted!

As a carless person (living in Wellington does this to you. The public transport system is ingrained in my psyche) I appreciate the hugeness of this achievement :happy:

Special centre-wise: I don't even have to go anymore (I was going next month)
Which is just testament to how awesome (but actually normal, in the grand scheme of things, but still) things are.

I am invincible, in a way I haven't been since I was about 16.

:cool:

darkshineskitty
26-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Apparently he performed one song for them behind a panel of glass. :eek:

Wat. :stunned:

I've been good, finally got the courage to sit my restricted and passed, which has pretty much changed my life.

Congratulations Kat :happy:

Hey Lenny! Good to see you around. How are you? :happy:

Tacticalkat
26-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Oh congrats with the restricted!

As a carless person (living in Wellington does this to you. The public transport system is ingrained in my psyche) I appreciate the hugeness of this achievement :happy:

Special centre-wise: I don't even have to go anymore (I was going next month)
Which is just testament to how awesome (but actually normal, in the grand scheme of things, but still) things are.

I am invincible, in a way I haven't been since I was about 16.

:cool:

Aw well done! That's great news, am stoked for you! Bet it's opening up a whole new wolrd for you too!

As a previously carless person whose best mate lives in Welly, I have to say that if I ever moved out of Auckland Welly is definitely the palce I would go. I love it there, and I find the people seem to be a lot more alternative, interesting and fun! I will probably move there at some point, especially because their hospital has a great set up and team too!

lensip max
26-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey Lenny! Good to see you around. How are you? :happy:Hey kitty! I'm good, you?

How's uni going for you? Third year awesomesauce?

Aw well done! That's great news, am stoked for you! Bet it's opening up a whole new wolrd for you too!

As a previously carless person whose best mate lives in Welly, I have to say that if I ever moved out of Auckland Welly is definitely the palce I would go. I love it there, and I find the people seem to be a lot more alternative, interesting and fun! I will probably move there at some point, especially because their hospital has a great set up and team too!Welly is win :D

And thanks, and yeah, it is. I'm really looking forward to like, this whole life living business now :happy:

JoBear
26-04-2010, 08:27 PM
congrats on the restricted, i was on mine for years so i didn't have to be a taxi to my friends like my brother was.

we're in abu dhabi, 15 hour flight down, 8 hours to go.

hysteriaaah
27-04-2010, 04:12 AM
Congrats on the restricted! I still need to get mine...sometime within this year:LOL:

Awesoommmee :D Are you a fan of long flights?

Michelle
27-04-2010, 05:10 AM
Someone in the news room just fucking sneezed into the intercom!
It was bloody loud and gave me a huge fright. I think I was briefly airborne.
Had another attempt at the pronunciation of Eyjafjallajokull courtesy of The Colbert Report tonight. "Eye-yah-fi-ya-yo-kool". At least they put more effort in than Jon Stewart, who simply nicknamed it 'Kevin' :chuckle:

Just randomly remembered a story - I was on a bus with my friend the other day and saw a guy in a disastrous bright blue jumper with white spots, and I said to my friend, "Look, it's David Bain!" Well, I think I might have said that a bit loud. :$

^ :LOL:

Late Septemberish.

I've been good, finally got the courage to sit my restricted and passed, which has pretty much changed my life. I'm working between two hospitals at the moment, in preparation to go to the children's hospital in May.

Congrats! :D

So I've been on and off Tiritiri, so tiring but so fun too :happy: When I was there working by myself in the weekend, I had Mungo the Takahe follow me from the garage, down the road to a patch of bush, into the bush for 100m while setting up a transect, back out and then down another 100m path with stairs. He cut through the bush and was back at the garage after I had finished :LOL:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/IMG_1742.jpg?t=1272344570
Mungo.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/IMG_1775.jpg?t=1272344669

Robin preening while I had my lunch.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/IMG_1799.jpg?t=1272344741

kokako preening.

Other highlights include seeing wild tuatara, patting Greg the Takahe while he had a poke around in my bag and a grey-faced petrel running into me while we made funny noises to attract them one evening :LOL: Going back tomorrow til Friday. Then Motuihe on Saturday and back to Tiri on Sunday. I'm going to be knackered after all that.

Tacticalkat
27-04-2010, 05:40 AM
congrats on the restricted, i was on mine for years so i didn't have to be a taxi to my friends like my brother was.

Congrats on the restricted! I still need to get mine...sometime within this year:LOL:

Awesoommmee :D Are you a fan of long flights?

Thanks guys!

Glad to hear you made it halfway safely! Hope the rest of the journey goes well!

lensip max
27-04-2010, 06:17 AM
we're in abu dhabi, 15 hour flight down, 8 hours to go.Hope the 8 hours went smoothly!

I've always wanted to go to Abu Dhabi...

So I've been on and off Tiritiri, so tiring but so fun too :happy: When I was there working by myself in the weekend, I had Mungo the Takahe follow me from the garage, down the road to a patch of bush, into the bush for 100m while setting up a transect, back out and then down another 100m path with stairs. He cut through the bush and was back at the garage after I had finished :LOL:

Other highlights include seeing wild tuatara, patting Greg the Takahe while he had a poke around in my bag and a grey-faced petrel running into me while we made funny noises to attract them one evening :LOL: Going back tomorrow til Friday. Then Motuihe on Saturday and back to Tiri on Sunday. I'm going to be knackered after all that.Sounds lovely though!

Takahe are so gorgeous :D

On Kapiti I used to want to pick them up and cuddle them because they were so outrageously fluffy. Kind of like an incongruous cross between a bird and a teddy bear (why yes I did drop biology after that one term in 5th form).
They weren't too impressed by my efforts though.
I have family rights to Kapiti, so I don't count as part of the only-50-people-are-allowed-on-Kapiti-at-any-given-moment thing, you see.

Michelle
27-04-2010, 06:25 AM
On Kapiti I used to want to pick them up and cuddle them because they were so outrageously fluffy. Kind of like an incongruous cross between a bird and a teddy bear (why yes I did drop biology after that one term in 5th form).
They weren't too impressed by my efforts though.
I have family rights to Kapiti, so I don't count as part of the only-50-people-are-allowed-on-Kapiti-at-any-given-moment thing, you see.

I want to give them a cuddle too! :LOL: I want to bring Mungo home to wander around the backyard with my rabbit. Ah well, getting a pat was good enough.

I heard people saying that the Takahe on Kapiti aren't as friendly as these guys which are mainly just looking for food from us.

lensip max
27-04-2010, 06:35 AM
I want to give them a cuddle too! :LOL: I want to bring Mungo home to wander around the backyard with my rabbit. Ah well, getting a pat was good enough.

I heard people saying that the Takahe on Kapiti aren't as friendly as these guys which are mainly just looking for food from us.You got a pat? Niiice.
The last time I was there they had chicks as well, which may have been why they kept their distance more than usual. Maybe.
Then, while I heart birds and can recognise their cries and feathers, I don't really know much about them behaviourally, least of all the endangered ones that live in special reserves.

I love how cheeky kaka are though, they're so funny. I used to always wear my hair tied up in a bun and they used to come and perch on my head :LOL:

darkshineskitty
27-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey kitty! I'm good, you?

How's uni going for you? Third year awesomesauce?

Its okay. Been sooo lazy about assignments lately :LOL:

Kind of like an incongruous cross between a bird and a teddy bear (why yes I did drop biology after that one term in 5th form).

But not English apparently :chuckle:

I'm just having a read of the Victoria Memorial wikipedia page (that's the statue that's outside of Buckingham Palace) and it says "On the pinnacle, is Victory with two seated figures. The subsidiary figures were gifted by the people of New Zealand."
:stunned: I was not aware of this.

lensip max
27-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Its okay. Been sooo lazy about assignments lately :LOL:

But not English apparently :chuckle:

I'm just having a read of the Victoria Memorial wikipedia page (that's the statue that's outside of Buckingham Palace) and it says "On the pinnacle, is Victory with two seated figures. The subsidiary figures were gifted by the people of New Zealand."
:stunned: I was not aware of this.The year's totally only just begun. Onward with the laziness!

:LOL: No, english I dropped after 6th form, when you were allowed to finally drop it.
It was one of my best and best beloved subjects... I just couldn't stand the way it was taught at my school. I'm thinking of at least minoring in it when I go back to uni, though. God, I have no idea. There's too much I want to learn.

Oh I remember that statue! Random... I wonder if that's to do with the fact that like, New Zealand was one of the last places discovered/colonised, and during her reign, and all...
When I was there I don't think I took any photos though. Or even gave it a proper look, really.
I fell in love with this war memorial down near the tower though. I can still remember the inscription on it.

darkshineskitty
27-04-2010, 10:03 AM
The year's totally only just begun. Onward with the laziness!

I'm thinking of at least minoring in it when I go back to uni, though. God, I have no idea. There's too much I want to learn.

I fell in love with this war memorial down near the tower though. I can still remember the inscription on it.

Nooo I've only got like 4 weeks of semester left :eek: I need to watch so many films and read so many books :facepalm:

Oh okay :LOL:. You could always just take an extra semester or year and do a whole bunch of different stuff in your first year so you can get a taste of everything :happy:

Well? Do share!

Michelle
27-04-2010, 10:19 AM
You got a pat? Niiice.
The last time I was there they had chicks as well, which may have been why they kept their distance more than usual. Maybe.
Then, while I heart birds and can recognise their cries and feathers, I don't really know much about them behaviourally, least of all the endangered ones that live in special reserves.

I love how cheeky kaka are though, they're so funny. I used to always wear my hair tied up in a bun and they used to come and perch on my head :LOL:

Yeah, he walked underneath my chair to check out my bag on the other side, so when he came out from underneath was the perfect oportunity to sneak a pat.

And yes, kaka are cool. I still remember the time I gave a peanut to one at Auck zoo when I was a kid. The kaka at welly zoo were fun to watch too.

t.gypsy
27-04-2010, 09:01 PM
You guys sound like you had a ball.

Well i was encouraged by winz to go back to course and they said that would increase my chances of jobs so i have gotten in touch with my course waiting for a call and also job hunting

Am to also get some money coming to me so its like the fog is lifting a lill bit, not completely but its lifting.

Hey i was thinking if muse dont announce a date here there is gunna be some unhappy fans here and i could send him email on myspace but hes not been on myspace at the moment and i cant say i blame him there is some nutbar using gaia's name and now another one using a small child saying to him that is his kid and hes her husband and the rest of us can suck shit and so on... Some people

hysteriaaah
28-04-2010, 04:18 AM
Hey i was thinking if muse dont announce a date here there is gunna be some unhappy fans here and i could send him email on myspace but hes not been on myspace at the moment and i cant say i blame him there is some nutbar using gaia's name and now another one using a small child saying to him that is his kid and hes her husband and the rest of us can suck shit and so on... Some people

What the heck. The nerve of some people:noey::facepalm:

t.gypsy
28-04-2010, 04:18 AM
guys the rock has said there is an announcement of a band coming to nz and i have a funny feeling it might be muse. If its not them it will be metallica one of the two.

Might be muse heres hoping

t.gypsy
28-04-2010, 04:20 AM
What the heck. The nerve of some people:noey::facepalm:

I know they are just some sad examples of the human race if the aliens wants to take something back to thier planets to do some test and that i would happily push out people like that i mean that should be interesting to them shouldnt it.

JoBear
28-04-2010, 05:36 AM
hey everyone...i'm up nice and early this morning in london. looks like it might be another nice day!

darkshineskitty
28-04-2010, 05:48 AM
Hey Jo, hope you're having a good time :happy: And Oren too :happy: Take lots of photos to show us :LOL:

drummarista
28-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Wow I missed out on the start of a new thread! And like 200+ pages after that... Hi everyone!! :$

Tacticalkat
28-04-2010, 06:47 AM
hey everyone...i'm up nice and early this morning in london. looks like it might be another nice day!

Awesome! Glad to hear you guys made it there, enjoy yourselves and like Kitty said, take loads of pics for your friendly Moas!

Ghosty Ghost
28-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Look who just changed their location :awesome:

darkshineskitty
28-04-2010, 12:49 PM

:awesome:

t.gypsy
28-04-2010, 11:59 PM
hey guys the announcement wasnt muse's :( but it was second best

Metallica is coming to nz on the 13th oct to vector arena and tix goes on sale 13th may presales i think they said about a day before then or two days sad thing is i might not be able to get my mom the tickets to go to the concert nor myself.

I applied for 6jobs yesterday and got back to my course too and now i am waiting for responses i just need to tell myself give it a few days and not to beat myself up if i dont hear anything *sighs* i hate having to keep my head above the water when i feel like i am going under.

Michelle
29-04-2010, 05:19 AM
hey everyone...i'm up nice and early this morning in london. looks like it might be another nice day! Sweet, hope you and Oren are having heaps of fun! Greg tried to take my sandwich today. There is a big hole in my sandwich bag but he didn't get much of it, cheeky boy.

t.gypsy
29-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Sweet, hope you and Oren are having heaps of fun! Greg tried to take my sandwich today. There is a big hole in my sandwich bag but he didn't get much of it, cheeky boy.

lol how cute is that.

Tacticalkat
29-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Wow I missed out on the start of a new thread! And like 200+ pages after that... Hi everyone!! :$

Ha, indeed you did! Hi anyway!

Weeeeeeeee!

hey guys the announcement wasnt muse's :( but it was second best

Metallica is coming to nz on the 13th oct to vector arena and tix goes on sale 13th may presales i think they said about a day before then or two days sad thing is i might not be able to get my mom the tickets to go to the concert nor myself.

I applied for 6jobs yesterday and got back to my course too and now i am waiting for responses i just need to tell myself give it a few days and not to beat myself up if i dont hear anything *sighs* i hate having to keep my head above the water when i feel like i am going under.

That's lame about the jobs, but I guess the good thing is that you are applying for loads, hopefully something will come up.

I'm pretty stoked about Metallica, but I don't even want to think about how much the tickets will cost.... or how fast they will sell out....

Sweet, hope you and Oren are having heaps of fun! Greg tried to take my sandwich today. There is a big hole in my sandwich bag but he didn't get much of it, cheeky boy.

Aww, cute.

drummarista
29-04-2010, 08:28 AM

London, :awesome:! I'm so out of the loop. What are you guys up to there? Holiday or permanent relocation?

lensip max
29-04-2010, 08:41 AM
:awesome: Hope you guys are having a fantabulous time!

My day was pretty boring. I stayed in my pjs til 2pmish, then I got back into them at 6. I did housework, and actually took a look for the first time since January through all my crap from my old flat.

I'm a little appalled by how much junk I have.

JoBear
29-04-2010, 08:44 AM
London, :awesome:! I'm so out of the loop. What are you guys up to there? Holiday or permanent relocation?
Working and travelling for a while hopefully!

Tacticalkat
29-04-2010, 08:46 AM

My day was pretty boring. I stayed in my pjs til 2pmish, then I got back into them at 6. I did housework, and actually took a look for the first time since January through all my crap from my old flat.

I bet you don't even have HALF the amount of junk I do!! I'm a complete hoarder. I get sentimental over everything and have such a hard time throwing things away!

It's AWFUL!

t.gypsy
29-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I bet you don't even have HALF the amount of junk I do!! I'm a complete hoarder. I get sentimental over everything and have such a hard time throwing things away!

It's AWFUL!

I have a glory box which is like a time capsule and people ask why i have it and i said well i would like to provide someone with insight to what it was like now in 200years time or else be on display in a museum i mean how cool would that be. Or famous because my journals would be printed i have like 25 of them.

Working and travelling for a while hopefully!

And also keeping out of troublr in the mean time. When i see london on the tv i am always amazed at how many little streets there are its like a worm maze.

You've reminded me I am needing to go through my crap and do a bit of spring cleaning i am sure i have accumulated some in the last 6mths. I tend to do it in a 6mth period

I havent seen you around in here so hi.

Ha, indeed you did! Hi anyway!

Weeeeeeeee!

That's lame about the jobs, but I guess the good thing is that you are applying for loads, hopefully something will come up.

I'm pretty stoked about Metallica, but I don't even want to think about how much the tickets will cost.... or how fast they will sell out....

Aww, cute.

So do i, I hope something comes up I've applied for some more and I didnt realise how tiring it can make you. I still not heard anything from my course so I hope they arent gunna be slack about me comming back :( because the quals I could get from there would come in handy. I am also helping mom look for work as well on the computer she thinks the computers a scary thing lol. I know i would love to shout my mom some tickets.

Michelle
30-04-2010, 10:56 AM
lol how cute is that.

Aww, cute.

He was being naughty, but he was cute this morning when I walked past and he looked guilty by hanging his head down, I couldn't resist giving a comforting pat :chuckle: I was told he has also now found where their pellet food is, so we wonder how long it will take him to figure out all he needs to do is take a bite of the bag and free pellets for all :awesome: :LOL:

It's AWFUL!

+ 1 Every draw and wardrobe is stuffed, even after getting cleaned out :facepalm:

Tacticalkat
30-04-2010, 11:48 AM
He was being naughty, but he was cute this morning when I walked past and he looked guilty by hanging his head down, I couldn't resist giving a comforting pat :chuckle: I was told he has also now found where their pellet food is, so we wonder how long it will take him to figure out all he needs to do is take a bite of the bag and free pellets for all :awesome: :LOL:

+ 1 Every draw and wardrobe is stuffed, even after getting cleaned out :facepalm:

Ha oh yeah, stuffed with things that you keep 'just in case' even though you haven't worn them for years.

Weeee it's my birthday tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Michelle
30-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Ha oh yeah, stuffed with things that you keep 'just in case' even though you haven't worn them for years.

Exactly :LOL:

Ooh, exciting! I hope you have an awesome birthday! :D

darkshineskitty
30-04-2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/287135982

t.gypsy
30-04-2010, 09:15 PM

I hope you have an awesome bday too. Go out and have a lot of fun.

drummarista
01-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Forgot to press the + quote thingy but to Jo and Oren: I'm envious! London is one of those places I've always wanted to go to and my mum thinks it's dirty and boring but she's also been there to study etc so I'm like yea whatever. Have fun and keep safe! Look forward to reading about your exploits on here :LOL:

I havent seen you around in here so hi.

Hello! I used to hang out here a lot when Muse were here a couple years back (not the BDO gig but the one before in November at Trusts). And then I disappeared and now I've reappeared! (Long story short.) My name's Chloe :)

Andddd happy birthday to Tacticalkat! Hope you're having a good one, I've embarrassingly forgotten if I know your name from my prolonged absence :$

darkshineskitty
01-05-2010, 05:14 AM

Happy Birthday Kat! :happy:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2479/3817893332_0d926b72bd.jpg

Hope you had a fantastic day and a fun celebration :happy:

t.gypsy
01-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Forgot to press the + quote thingy but to Jo and Oren: I'm envious! London is one of those places I've always wanted to go to and my mum thinks it's dirty and boring but she's also been there to study etc so I'm like yea whatever. Have fun and keep safe! Look forward to reading about your exploits on here :LOL:

Hello! I used to hang out here a lot when Muse were here a couple years back (not the BDO gig but the one before in November at Trusts). And then I disappeared and now I've reappeared! (Long story short.) My name's Chloe :)

Andddd happy birthday to Tacticalkat! Hope you're having a good one, I've embarrassingly forgotten if I know your name from my prolonged absence :$

I'm Rochelle i went to the bdo of 2010 and i would of appeared on this thread sooner but i didnt have a net connection and i am one of those that comes and goes.

Michelle
01-05-2010, 11:21 AM

:facepalm:

Hello! I used to hang out here a lot when Muse were here a couple years back (not the BDO gig but the one before in November at Trusts). And then I disappeared and now I've reappeared! (Long story short.)

And it's good to have you back :)

Happy Birthday Kat! :happy:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2479/3817893332_0d926b72bd.jpg

Hope you had a fantastic day and a fun celebration :happy:

:eek: I so want a cake like that!!

drummarista
02-05-2010, 01:22 AM
I'm Rochelle i went to the bdo of 2010 and i would of appeared on this thread sooner but i didnt have a net connection and i am one of those that comes and goes.

Well it's nice to meet you and I'm glad I caught you before you leave! Hope you stay for a while yet :)

And it's good to have you back :)

Thanks Michelle! I was gutted I couldn't meet up with you all at BDO but it's good to be home haha :D

Tacticalkat
02-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Thanks guys! I had a Harry Potter vs Twilight themed party, it was so much fun!

Oh my god, but the best part was when I opened the door to someone in a Dumbledore mask who thrust this parcel at me and refused to tell me who they were. They wanted me to open the package, so I did, and was GOBSMACKED to open a painting of Matt Bellamy, painted by my best friend's husband, who live in Wellington. I was so confused, and they ripped off the mask to reveal my best friend in the whole worls who had flown up from Wellington to surprise me!!
Best birthday ever!

Spy Fox
02-05-2010, 07:39 AM

I don't get why girls go so crazy over him, but the fact that $855 is going to CanTeen because of it can't be a bad thing.

JoBear
02-05-2010, 08:50 AM
happy birthday kat - are you wearing red contacts?

Spy Fox
02-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh yeah, happy birthday, forgot to mention it :chuckle:

I'm Angus by the way. :awesome:

Tacticalkat
02-05-2010, 11:05 AM
happy birthday kat - are you wearing red contacts?

Thanks, Yes!! Bright red prescription contacts, they were amazing in person, not as great on the pics but my god they were creepy!

Oh yeah, happy birthday, forgot to mention it :chuckle:

I'm Angus by the way. :awesome:

Cheers!

darkshineskitty
02-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Oh my god, but the best part was when I opened the door to someone in a Dumbledore mask who thrust this parcel at me and refused to tell me who they were. They wanted me to open the package, so I did, and was GOBSMACKED to open a painting of Matt Bellamy, painted by my best friend's husband, who live in Wellington. I was so confused, and they ripped off the mask to reveal my best friend in the whole worls who had flown up from Wellington to surprise me!!
Best birthday ever!

Wow, those photos look amazing Kat! What a great gift! That must have been very exciting :D
Why are two of your friends wearing buckets on their feet?

I really like that stone wallpaper btw :LOL:

Tacticalkat
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Hahha thanks, they are called scene setters and you just tape them to the walls!

Are you familiar with harry Potter? They came as Mandrakes :LOL:

darkshineskitty
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Hahha thanks, they are called scene setters and you just tape them to the walls!

Are you familiar with harry Potter? They came as Mandrakes :LOL:

Oh :LOL: I thought that because they were wearing the same clothes that they were the Weasley twins :LOL:

Tacticalkat
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Oh :LOL: I thought that because they were wearing the same clothes that they were the Weasley twins :LOL:

Bah hahahhahah! No, they came as plants! :D

My parents dressed as Mr and Mrs Weasley, possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life!

darkshineskitty
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Bah hahahhahah! No, they came as plants! :D

My parents dressed as Mr and Mrs Weasley, possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life!

:LOL: oh that's awesome!

You should totally Girly thread that picture of your outfit by the way. That corset is incredible.

Tacticalkat
02-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh god it should be, it cost me a ridiculous amount of money, but I love it.
I'm waaay too scared to post it in there. But, my 20 dollar tights survived the night too! Success!

darkshineskitty
02-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Oh god it should be, it cost me a ridiculous amount of money, but I love it.
I'm waaay too scared to post it in there. But, my 20 dollar tights survived the night too! Success!

I remember you talking about those tights! :LOL: They look really good, seriously. Where from?

Tacticalkat
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I remember you talking about those tights! :LOL: They look really good, seriously. Where from?

They were from First Scene, a costume shop in Kingsland. They sell really pretty hold up stockings and proper tights, I'm stoked with them!

darkshineskitty
02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
They were from First Scene, a costume shop in Kingsland. They sell really pretty hold up stockings and proper tights, I'm stoked with them!

Oh yeah, I know that place! I love looking through their costumes :happy: I didn't know they sold stockings though- will have to have a look some time.

Tacticalkat
02-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah, I know that place! I love looking through their costumes :happy: I didn't know they sold stockings though- will have to have a look some time.

Yeah they sell random make up and eyelashes and stuff too. Crazy!

I do love that place, I like how everyone who works there are dressed up in costume!

darkshineskitty
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I do love that place, I like how everyone who works there are dressed up in costume!

Oh fun! I want to work there! :LOL:

I haven't seen Richard around for a while :erm: Does anyone know where he's at?

lensip max
02-05-2010, 08:53 PM

It's AWFUL!I don't have half - I have double :LOL:

I keep clothes I never wear but want to keep because they're nice and I might need them again one day in trashbags. The massive BlackSak trashbags. Just on the floor of our sleepout.
I also have a wall to wall bookcase and about four banana crates filled with books, mostly ones I've outgrown, but don't know how to get rid of. How does one get rid of childhood books when one is the youngest child? I have nobody younger than me to hand stuff down to, and had all my cousins hand things down to me :facepalm:
To say nothing of useless trinkety things like welsh teasets and murano glass arty blobs and perfume and jewellery and wine bottles I thought were too beautiful to recycle a million years ago and shells and boxes and feathers and... urgh.

I need a storage unit. Or an oil drum to burn things in.

Best birthday ever!Oh I'm so glad you had fun!!! Loved those pics as well :D

Feeling very very bored. Now that I'm better I'm so over not being at university. I read As I Lay Dying in six hours the other day because my brain felt like it was turning to mush :facepalm:

lensip max
02-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Oh - did any of you Aucklanders go to that massive protest?

darkshineskitty
03-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Lenny, you could always gather some of those old clothes and put them in a clothing recycle bin. They go to the Salvation Army and City Mission and other nice charities that will find good use for them :happy:

No I didn't, but I heard it was massive.

Tacticalkat
03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh - did any of you Aucklanders go to that massive protest?

My friend did, it was huge apparently. Yay I;m going to Wellington this weekend for my bestie's birthday. I can't wait!

darkshineskitty
04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
YOU GUYS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KxK1NbxtGs

Skip to 8:50. WAT.

lensip max
04-05-2010, 10:05 PM
My friend did, it was huge apparently. Yay I;m going to Wellington this weekend for my bestie's birthday. I can't wait!AWWW! HAVE FUN!

Lenny, you could always gather some of those old clothes and put them in a clothing recycle bin. They go to the Salvation Army and City Mission and other nice charities that will find good use for them :happy:

No I didn't, but I heard it was massive.Oh yeah! Imma St V de P that shit up :awesome:

Yeah, I got like, emails from amnesty international and greenpeace saying "OH EM GEE WIN"... which was the first I heard about it :chuckle:

I like to think I would have gone if I'd been in Auckland...

YOU GUYS.

Skip to 8:50. WAT.Holy fuck :LOL:

Urgh. In my efforts to be a good, healthy person again, I soaked lentils the other day and have been making soup this morning.
I just burnt the bottom of a saucepan black because I forgot to check it :facepalm:
Still got a shit tonne of unburnt soup though, so yey.

darkshineskitty
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Richard, I am disappointed I didn't see you give a stirring rendition of Ring of Fire tonight at karaoke! It was my friend's 21st so we were up at Shadows having drinks, and some people got the karaoke competition started. I expected to see you belting it out!

Later we all went down to the karaoke place we went to on the meet. Excellent find there :awesome:

Ghosty Ghost
07-05-2010, 08:30 AM
What is this thread doing on page two of international? :noey:

Spy Fox
07-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't know.

:(

Michelle
07-05-2010, 11:38 AM

Best birthday ever!

Great to hear your party was awesome!!

I just got back from Tiri today. Going to Motuihe tomorrow though. The bellbirds are set to be released on Sunday which will be exciting, I've never been to a release before. Anyone is welcome to come over and watch :)

Finally saw little spotted kiwi last night, so cute :happy: The night before we also got to help band some grey faced petrels.
I held their head back to keep them still, one of them was a biter. Kakariki were the worst biters though. Untangled one out of the net for my first time on Tuesday which left a few bite marks, my fingers are still a little sore :LOL:

Michelle
08-05-2010, 09:43 AM
So I'm back home already. Half an hour before the last boat left we got told the release is being postoned due to one bird testing positive for a disease :( Poor birdies will have to wait til next weekend, but oh well, at least they are being spoiled with heaps of nice food and I get a few days rest.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

lensip max
09-05-2010, 10:07 AM
So I'm back home already. Half an hour before the last boat left we got told the release is being postoned due to one bird testing positive for a disease :( Poor birdies will have to wait til next weekend, but oh well, at least they are being spoiled with heaps of nice food and I get a few days rest.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)Oh sucky :(

I'm sure you'll have a great time next weekend though!

Didn't get through to my mum when I called her up for mother's day. Probably just as well. She called 3 times yesterday.

hysteriaaah
09-05-2010, 10:35 AM
YOU GUYS.

He is quite the linguist :LOL:
Just be glad Bieber fever has left the country(though i quite enjoyed watching it:LOL:)...and i doubt he'll come back, i don't think he enjoyed it here. I mean, some chicks knocked his mum over and stole his hat:LOL:

Michelle
10-05-2010, 01:13 AM
YOU GUYS.

:LOL: :facepalm:

Oh sucky :(

I'm sure you'll have a great time next weekend though!

Didn't get through to my mum when I called her up for mother's day. Probably just as well. She called 3 times yesterday.

Not sure now if I'll be able to get to the release next weekend as I have to go back to Tiri on Wednesday and my supervisor booked me til Sunday. I'll find out what is happening tomorrow hopefully.

That's a shame you didn't get through to your mum. I got to spend yesterday with the family for Mother's day, we had a nice feed :happy:

Tacticalkat
11-05-2010, 06:07 AM
YOU GUYS.

Oh, what a moron! This gave me a good old laugh though.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

Aw poor birdies, hope they will be ok!

It's been mighty quiet in here!

I had a two day resuscitation course at Auckland, I got a prize for the top candidate!! Out of the whole country! (which is only about 40 people but still) So embarrassed, and also proud!

hysteriaaah
11-05-2010, 08:22 AM
I had a two day resuscitation course at Auckland, I got a prize for the top candidate!! Out of the whole country! (which is only about 40 people but still) So embarrassed, and also proud!

Pssh, you'll be boasting about it one day when you save someones life! ;) What did you have to do?

Michelle
11-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Ooh congrats! :D You should be very proud of yourself. What was the prize? Hehe.

Tacticalkat
12-05-2010, 01:23 AM
The prize was a mini resus kit for my car! I love it!!! :)

Anyone know anything about this new song? I can't be bothered to read all the threads....

darkshineskitty
12-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Nah. Has it even been released yet?
Lolarious name though.

Spy Fox
12-05-2010, 04:40 AM
6 more days apparently.

I want concert dates so I can start planning. :mad:

Tacticalkat
12-05-2010, 06:35 AM
6 more days apparently.

I want concert dates so I can start planning. :mad:

Same! Knowing my luck I'll be in Australia when they come here.

And total win on the song name, LOLZ

Michelle
12-05-2010, 11:00 AM
The prize was a mini resus kit for my car! I love it!!! :)

Anyone know anything about this new song? I can't be bothered to read all the threads....

Nice prize!

I hope the new song is as bombastic as the title, the first part of the title that is :rolleyes:

hysteriaaah
12-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Neutron Star Collision(Love is Forever) = Easily the craziest muse song title ever LOL
I'm excited but it was made for the Eclipse soundtrack which sucks(seeing as i thought they had severed their ties by now) but yay new song! :D

darkshineskitty
12-05-2010, 11:56 AM
On antibiotics. Feeling sick. Eclipse is shit.

hysteriaaah
12-05-2010, 11:59 AM
On antibiotics. Feeling sick. Eclipse is shit.

Damn feel better soon:(

I know im gonna end up watching Eclipse, coz i always go for the LOLZ:D

darkshineskitty
12-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Damn feel better soon:(

I know im gonna end up watching Eclipse, coz i always go for the LOLZ:D

I have no idea how they're going to do Breaking Dawn.

Tacticalkat
12-05-2010, 09:55 PM
I have no idea how they're going to do Breaking Dawn.

Same, I think they will tone it down and balls it up, and I think Breaking Dawn could have been so cool.

You aren't on Augmentin by any chance are you? If so you need to get that shit swapped if you can!

JoBear
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
good morning kiwis!

darkshineskitty
13-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Same, I think they will tone it down and balls it up, and I think Breaking Dawn could have been so cool.

You aren't on Augmentin by any chance are you? If so you need to get that shit swapped if you can!

I think they'll just gloss over the entire birth bits. Probably just have a closed door shot while its happening, and then open it to reveal Bella and Renesmee (wtf name) looking all happy and stuff. Even though it just ripped through her womb.

No, it was something else. Very small pills. I called the doctor's this morning, but the doctor wasn't there, so I spoke to a nurse. She told me to stop taking them (oh joyous day!) and drink lots of water. She said to ring back when they have my tests back and then we can make another appointment or something.

hysteriaaah
13-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I think they'll just gloss over the entire birth bits. Probably just have a closed door shot while its happening, and then open it to reveal Bella and Renesmee (wtf name) looking all happy and stuff. Even though it just ripped through her womb.

It'll probably be a really chaotic, but fast scene...Hah, i'm curious how they're gonna do the honeymoon scene:LOL:

Tacticalkat
13-05-2010, 07:45 AM

No, it was something else. Very small pills. I called the doctor's this morning, but the doctor wasn't there, so I spoke to a nurse. She told me to stop taking them (oh joyous day!) and drink lots of water. She said to ring back when they have my tests back and then we can make another appointment or something.

Oh lame, well hope they sort it out and you get better soon!

It'll probably be a really chaotic, but fast scene...Hah, i'm curious how they're gonna do the honeymoon scene:LOL:

I reckon it'll be lame tastic, and they will make it all tame and skip over all the nasty bits. Which is a shame because I liked that the whole part of the being pregnant was so uncomfortable and gross!

hysteriaaah
13-05-2010, 08:08 AM
I reckon it'll be lame tastic, and they will make it all tame and skip over all the nasty bits. Which is a shame because I liked that the whole part of the being pregnant was so uncomfortable and gross!

A part of me hopes they do, there'll be little 12yr old girls watching and i'm sure they're corrupted enough as it is:LOL: LOL it would be entertaining though...gross, but entertaining:p

darkshineskitty
13-05-2010, 08:10 AM
A part of me hopes they do, there'll be little 12yr old girls watching and i'm sure they're corrupted enough as it is:LOL: LOL it would be entertaining though...gross, but entertaining:p

Oh yeah, probably.
Edit: totally quoted the wrong person. That was directed at Kat.

Ugh, why do I always get into screaming matches with my mother when I'm ill? It can't be any good for my abdominal pain.

darkshineskitty
14-05-2010, 04:48 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=288359598

Oh Trade Me.

JoBear
14-05-2010, 10:25 AM
that would be pretty close to being against trademe's rules.

darkshineskitty
14-05-2010, 02:11 PM
that would be pretty close to being against trademe's rules.

What's the rule? That you can't sell something non-existent? It was featured in their newsletter so I think they're okay with it :LOL: What they're really selling is the tires after all.

JoBear
14-05-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah the having to sell an actual product. trademe has become more about joke and charity auctions than anything else these days because the selling fees have become pretty ridiculous.

darkshineskitty
14-05-2010, 03:31 PM
yeah the having to sell an actual product. trademe has become more about joke and charity auctions than anything else these days because the selling fees have become pretty ridiculous.

That and drink bottles Justin Bieber has drunk from, apparently :LOL:

Hope you're having fun in London, Jo! :awesome: Hi Oren!

hysteriaaah
15-05-2010, 01:27 AM
That and drink bottles Justin Bieber has drunk from, apparently :LOL:

THIS. :LOL: But i think he told the girls that got hold of the drink bottle, that they have to sell it and then give the money to charity...

They were also giving away his half eaten crunchie bar on C4. Euw.

darkshineskitty
15-05-2010, 03:38 AM
THIS. :LOL: But i think he told the girls that got hold of the drink bottle, that they have to sell it and then give the money to charity...

They were also giving away his half eaten crunchie bar on C4. Euw.

I think they were giving the money to charity anyway, but I've seen some one selling a Powerade bottle of his also. I'd be like 'screw you Justin Bieber I'll sell it however I want :phu:"

Ew that's weird.

JoBear
15-05-2010, 11:21 AM
i thought they more gave it to charity so that the mother of the girl didn't get in trouble with tv3? got that impression from the q&a on that auction. like her daughter shouldn't have been there anyway.

darkshineskitty
15-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh. I don't know. I just saw that they were donating the money to Canteen and assumed they wanted to.

JoBear
15-05-2010, 04:12 PM
yeah the mother is a reporter on 60 minutes, can't remember what her name is since she's so irrelevant.

i bought some (new zealand) wine at the supermarket earlier through a self checkout and no one checks if you're old enough to buy it! you just scan, pay and walk away.

Michelle
16-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey moas.

Bellbird releases are all over the place. I might finally get to see some released on Tuesday though.

Oh Trade Me.

yeah the mother is a reporter on 60 minutes, can't remember what her name is since she's so irrelevant.

i bought some (new zealand) wine at the supermarket earlier through a self checkout and no one checks if you're old enough to buy it! you just scan, pay and walk away.

My 19yr old intern from America was so excited to buy alcohol for herself for the first time on the boat back to the mainland this afternoon :LOL: We (my other intern from Holland and a girl from uni helping with the birds) had quite a bit of fun surrounding all the work and stress this weekend.

Spy Fox
16-05-2010, 10:42 AM

Oh Trade Me.
Why is that up to $1100 :erm:

Bloody poms. At New World where I work you need approval for alcohol.

Unless they approved it without you realising, which you can do.

JoBear
16-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Alcohol checks here have always been fairly slack, although they changed it from "if you look under 21..." to under 25 since I was last here. Still I very very rarely ever get asked for ID in the UK, and it's the opposite in NZ, I rarely don't get asked.

hysteriaaah
21-05-2010, 05:03 AM

Those self checkouts are stupid. Even though you're checking yourself out, theres still someone that stands there and supervises the whole thing(well, obviously not your supermarket)...wouldn't it be easier if they just got off their arse and did it themselves?:LOL:

JoBear
21-05-2010, 02:49 PM
i prefer self checkouts, although obviously its putting people out of jobs. but not ones in pak n save that don't have a limit of what you can take through and people are slowly scanning and packing 2 trolleys of crap.

hysteriaaah
21-05-2010, 03:33 PM
i prefer self checkouts, although obviously its putting people out of jobs. but not ones in pak n save that don't have a limit of what you can take through and people are slowly scanning and packing 2 trolleys of crap.

I remember when the new pak n save opened in my area and we went on the first day with massive amounts of people and a guy infront of me got caught at the checkout trynna sneak stuff out at the bottom of his cardboard box of tinned food. I was just :facepalm:

darkshineskitty
25-05-2010, 11:35 AM
This thread is falling by the wayside! :eek:

I saw Avenue Q today.

JoBear
25-05-2010, 02:35 PM
are they performing the show in nz? would like to go see it here.

guess without richard here, no one else makes an effort. :(

hysteriaaah
26-05-2010, 05:28 AM
Do you guys know if any of the bookstores sell NME? Me really want 100page issue of muse-y ness :D

darkshineskitty
26-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Do you guys know if any of the bookstores sell NME? Me really want 100page issue of muse-y ness :D

Yeah, Whitcoulls usually stocks it. And Borders will definitely. I was in Borders yesterday- I should have picked up a copy because I've been meaning to :facepalm:

Yes it is Jo :happy: Its running in different places around the world at the same time.

JoBear
26-05-2010, 10:57 AM
i thought the 100 page issue was just a rehash of all the articles NME have done over the years? considering NME is so shit, seems a waste of money (and obviously just a big money maker for them).

darkshineskitty
26-05-2010, 11:12 AM
i thought the 100 page issue was just a rehash of all the articles NME have done over the years? considering NME is so shit, seems a waste of money (and obviously just a big money maker for them).

I'm not sure, I think there's new stuff in there too. And it would be nice to have as a collection of all the articles anyway, rather than finding them online.

JoBear
26-05-2010, 10:38 PM
So you guys, Australia but no New Zealand?

Although if you want some hope, they usually always announce Australia first and NZ as an afterthought.

Super Sammy!
26-05-2010, 10:42 PM
So you guys, Australia but no New Zealand?

Although if you want some hope, they usually always announce Australia first and NZ as an afterthought.

Meh, there's no point in getting my hopes up for it. 'snot like I wanted to see them anyway :phu:

:supersad:

MistressMary
27-05-2010, 03:30 AM
It's what they did last time... I spent a day looking at flights and stuff and wondering if I could actually do it financially and then they put up another post saying to wait for NZ dates.. *fingers crossed*

cookie
27-05-2010, 04:30 AM
hmmm, if they're travelling east to west that close to xmas, we would probably have to get a gig before the aussies. anyone know what their last gig is before brisbane on 05.12 ?

hysteriaaah
27-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Yeah, Whitcoulls usually stocks it. And Borders will definitely. I was in Borders yesterday- I should have picked up a copy because I've been meaning to :facepalm:

Yeah I thought borders might have it coz' im pretty sure i saw one a while ago....Though not whitcoulls! I checked last week and no luck :( And i reckon its def worth it. I don't have any hard copy muse articles so a big collection of them would make me very happy :D

Argh i really did think they were gonna announce our dates with the aussie dates. I hope its later and not before....

darkshineskitty
27-05-2010, 07:09 AM

Yeah I thought borders might have it coz' im pretty sure i saw one a while ago....Though not whitcoulls! I checked last week and no luck :( And i reckon its def worth it. I don't have any hard copy muse articles so a big collection of them would make me very happy :D

Argh i really did think they were gonna announce our dates with the aussie dates. I hope its later and not before....

I dunno, its getting pretty close to Christmas by then... :erm: :(

Which Whitcoulls did you try? Are you in Auckland? I know they've definitely stocked it before, and the mall local to me stocks it every week (I must go and get a copy myself tomorrow! :facepalm: )

hysteriaaah
27-05-2010, 07:13 AM
I dunno, its getting pretty close to Christmas by then... :erm: :(

Which Whitcoulls did you try? Are you in Auckland? I know they've definitely stocked it before, and the mall local to me stocks it every week (I must go and get a copy myself tomorrow! :facepalm: )

Thats what i thought as well....im just hoping its after november so it doesn't clash w/ my exams. :( hah and it would be nice for them to finish off the year here, seeing as they started off the year here as well :D

Yeah im in auckland, though you might be right and whitcoulls might actually have some, seeing as i've only tried one store:p

Tacticalkat
27-05-2010, 07:40 AM
I hope it's after November and before January, bcause otherwise I will probably miss them with my final exams.
Booo.

Super Sammy!
27-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Thats what i thought as well....im just hoping its after november so it doesn't clash w/ my exams. :(

If they play here before or after the Aus dates, the first date is 5th December in Brisbane, I don't see why they'd decide to announce a date WAY earlier and spend ages in New Zealand... Even then, they'd have to spend a week and a bit here for it to clash with any of my NCEA exams :p

hysteriaaah
27-05-2010, 10:27 AM
If they play here before or after the Aus dates, the first date is 5th December in Brisbane, I don't see why they'd decide to announce a date WAY earlier and spend ages in New Zealand... Even then, they'd have to spend a week and a bit here for it to clash with any of my NCEA exams :p

thats what i thought as well...argh lucky, my last ones on the 29th so im cutting it close:eek:

JoBear
27-05-2010, 10:31 AM
the prices in australia are $100-120 - don't know if it would be cheaper considering they're unlikely to bring full stages over here or about the same or more due to exchange rates. i thought paying $40 back in 2004 was a lot. was supposed to see them in the netherlands in a few weeks but it's 60 euros and there's so much better stuff i could do with that money.

hysteriaaah
27-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I remember the last time they came(the one i missed out on :facepalm:) the tickets were about $90 i think. It might be a bit more expensive than that this time round because they're much bigger and will prob end up playing vector.

Super Sammy!
27-05-2010, 10:38 AM
thats what i thought as well...argh lucky, my last ones on the 29th so im cutting it close:eek:

You live in Auckland though, you'll be fine :p I live 7 hours away from Auckland...

the prices in australia are $100-120 - don't know if it would be cheaper considering they're unlikely to bring full stages over here or about the same or more due to exchange rates. i thought paying $40 back in 2004 was a lot. was supposed to see them in the netherlands in a few weeks but it's 60 euros and there's so much better stuff i could do with that money.

I'm actually hoping they do what quite a few bands do - not bring the full stage design, and have a bit of a stripped down show. If history is anything to say, Muse do better with stripped down shows rather than a proper arena gig... I doubt that though, we'll have the fucking pillars :noey:
I'm guessing it'll be $120-ish here, that's still fucking expensive though.

hysteriaaah
27-05-2010, 10:47 AM
You live in Auckland though, you'll be fine :p I live 7 hours away from Auckland...

I'm actually hoping they do what quite a few bands do - not bring the full stage design, and have a bit of a stripped down show. If history is anything to say, Muse do better with stripped down shows rather than a proper arena gig... I doubt that though, we'll have the fucking pillars :noey:
I'm guessing it'll be $120-ish here, that's still fucking expensive though.

ROAD TRIP! :LOL: *sigh* sometimes i love this city :D

And yes, they do seem to do better with a stripped down show....they seem more relaxed and have more freedom to move around. It would be kinda nice to see the pillars in real life though:p But are they still using the pillars for the rest of their shows?

Ghosty Ghost
27-05-2010, 10:48 AM
My friend took this photo from the Press:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4072/30228394831240641531415.jpg

Two different articles, but the layout is so perfect :chuckle:

JoBear
27-05-2010, 10:59 AM
i thought they had they big flashy light box thing that blinds everyone now?

darkshineskitty
27-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Thats what i thought as well....im just hoping its after november so it doesn't clash w/ my exams. :( hah and it would be nice for them to finish off the year here, seeing as they started off the year here as well :D

Yeah im in auckland, though you might be right and whitcoulls might actually have some, seeing as i've only tried one store:p

Oh I didn't even think about exams! :(

JoBear
27-05-2010, 11:03 AM
do you get told your exam dates when you pick the papers at auckland uni anyway? not that muse should influence papers you decide to take at university.

darkshineskitty
27-05-2010, 11:38 AM
do you get told your exam dates when you pick the papers at auckland uni anyway? not that muse should influence papers you decide to take at university.

No, not straight away. However the Auckland Uni website lists the exam period as between 23 October and 15 November :awesome: Even though my birthday is between those dates

Super Sammy!
27-05-2010, 11:40 AM
ROAD TRIP! :LOL: *sigh* sometimes i love this city :D

And yes, they do seem to do better with a stripped down show....they seem more relaxed and have more freedom to move around.

:'( I want to do a road trip, but there's no friends around here that I want to bring to the concert, as snobbish as it sounds... They're all those 'fans' that 'love' Muse, but will constantly ask me during every song what the song is, or comment that it's awesome or something. I learnt at the BDO that being alone at a gig is still fucking amazing :LOL:

They played a stripped down show in Christchurch last time (I think), but I don't see them playing there again :(

It would be kinda nice to see the pillars in real life though:p But are they still using the pillars for the rest of their shows?

i thought they had they big flashy light box thing that blinds everyone now?

Yeah, they've said several times that they're doing the show they "did in Europe and the US" over here too, and one interview specifically says they're bringing the same set, I think. The difference is we get all the songs they play at the stadium gigs and so on :awesome:

My friend took this photo from the Press:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4072/30228394831240641531415.jpg

Two different articles, but the layout is so perfect :chuckle:

Those kinds of things make me wonder if they intentionally do it :p

Spy Fox
28-05-2010, 05:54 AM
My last exam is the 25th, unless I do Scholarship Calculus, which is on the 27th. Still heaps of time if they come on the 30th/31st Nov or early December.

*crosses fingers*

I don't even listen to them anymore :LOL: But it'd be good to see them, and have a NZ Muser Meet :awesome:

Michelle
28-05-2010, 07:47 AM
guess without richard here, no one else makes an effort. :(

What's Rich up to anyway? Busy working on his dissertation?

I was expecting to catch up on more than this :rolleyes:

I hope it's after November and before January, bcause otherwise I will probably miss them with my final exams.
Booo.

Don't worry, they'll either be here the few days before or after the aussies so it should be after your exams :)

JoBear
28-05-2010, 10:36 AM
he's decided not to come here anymore. :( i hope he changes his mind...we both have been here for over six years now, which when i think about it means i need a new hobby as well. maybe he's got the right idea.

darkshineskitty
28-05-2010, 10:56 AM
he's decided not to come here anymore. :( i hope he changes his mind...we both have been here for over six years now, which when i think about it means i need a new hobby as well. maybe he's got the right idea.

Why was that? Cutting into his study time too much? I thought maybe he'd gone quiet in order to finish the dissertation, but I hope he's not gone for good. He's always up late like me which means I have someone to chat to :LOL:

Aww no, we can't let the New Zealand Moa Thread disappear!

hysteriaaah
29-05-2010, 03:14 AM
:'( I want to do a road trip, but there's no friends around here that I want to bring to the concert, as snobbish as it sounds... They're all those 'fans' that 'love' Muse, but will constantly ask me during every song what the song is, or comment that it's awesome or something. I learnt at the BDO that being alone at a gig is still fucking amazing :LOL:

They played a stripped down show in Christchurch last time (I think), but I don't see them playing there again :(

Yeah, they've said several times that they're doing the show they "did in Europe and the US" over here too, and one interview specifically says they're bringing the same set, I think. The difference is we get all the songs they play at the stadium gigs and so on :awesome:

I know exactly what you mean. I went to BDO with a friend but shes just a casual fan and she didn't like the festival experience so i ended spending the majority of the day by myself. If they played cchurch, i would srsly consider flying down, though that would put a large strain on my expenses:LOL:

Btw, the stadium gig setlists are looking :awesome:

cookie
30-05-2010, 07:58 AM
is the new doctor who based on mr bellamy or something? listening to him talk is like matt explaining one of his conspiracy beliefs

darkshineskitty
30-05-2010, 12:09 PM
is the new doctor who based on mr bellamy or something? listening to him talk is like matt explaining one of his conspiracy beliefs

Matt Smith does have a bit of the wavy hands going on in interviews and things.

Michelle
31-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Hey guys. How's everyone doing? I'm just finishing my bellbird feeder watch for this afternoon. It's been going well here but not so many birds today. I saw a family of orca whales on saturday :happy: i got some really cool photos of them too which i'll put up when i get good this weekend. That sucks about richard not coming here. I'll have to annoy him by text, lol. Hope you are all having a nice week. Chow.

cookie
31-05-2010, 05:32 AM
hey michelle, you must be a predictive texter. do you have nun/mum issues too?
neutron star collision is up against dane rumbel on contender defender lol
richard leaving the thread is like jack trying to leave the island

hysteriaaah
31-05-2010, 08:23 AM

LOL really? Who won?

Hah jack trynna leave the island, and how'd that turn out for him :p :noey:

cookie
31-05-2010, 09:30 AM
dane rumble, cause "hey kids, support nz music"
still, the flashes of twilight in muse's vid, do make me throw up in my mouth a little bit

darkshineskitty
31-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey guys. How's everyone doing? I'm just finishing my bellbird feeder watch for this afternoon. It's been going well here but not so many birds today. I saw a family of orca whales on saturday :happy: i got some really cool photos of them too which i'll put up when i get good this weekend. That sucks about richard not coming here. I'll have to annoy him by text, lol. Hope you are all having a nice week. Chow.

Hey Michelle. Yeah, please do share :happy: Glad you're having a good time. Hope those cheeky birds aren't hassling you too much. Oh yeah, you just reminded me that I still have Richard's number in my phone :awesome:.

:LOL: that is totally going to become my new phrase.
"That's impossible- its like Jack trying to leave the island"

hysteriaaah
31-05-2010, 01:19 PM
dane rumble, cause "hey kids, support nz music"
still, the flashes of twilight in muse's vid, do make me throw up in my mouth a little bit

Meh, can't say i'm surprised :p
Tbh, i've listened to the song many times but only watched the vid twice so far. I asked for ONE thing and that was no twilight scenes...look where we are now :facepalm:

Michelle
01-06-2010, 05:06 AM
richard leaving the thread is like jack trying to leave the island Haha, yes i'm a predictive text user. I'm not so bad with getting words wrong now but there is the odd time i confuse people, lol. And yes! That jack comment is awesome, I think it needs to go on facebook where Rich will see it though. And no more spoilers on Lost please, i haven't watched the last few episodes yet :( As for neutron star collision, the day i was up from 6.30 watching birds I had it stuck in my head all day. I've just seen the the video once. They could have done a better job by just putting a few relevant movie scenes instead of a whole lot of random worried faces everywhere :facepalm:

darkshineskitty
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Haha, yes i'm a predictive text user. I'm not so bad with getting words wrong now but there is the odd time i confuse people, lol. And yes! That jack comment is awesome, I think it needs to go on facebook where Rich will see it though. And no more spoilers on Lost please, i haven't watched the last few episodes yet :( As for neutron star collision, the day i was up from 6.30 watching birds I had it stuck in my head all day. I've just seen the the video once. They could have done a better job by just putting a few relevant movie scenes instead of a whole lot of random worried faces everywhere :facepalm:

This that not what the entire movie is comprised of, though? :chuckle:

Sorry Michelle, about the Lost spoilers.
I too have seen the NSC video only once, and I've also heard the song only once.

_Ed_
03-06-2010, 02:37 AM
That Lost reference is...Lost on me. HAHA! I leave the decision over whether or not that's worthy of a pity laugh entirely up to you. But I'm not above bribery.

Anyway, now for something that's actually funny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXF1S-7wfm0 :LOL:

The magical moment comes soon after the 1:20 mark.

_Ed_
03-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Seen the Switzerland setlist?

Uprising
Supermassive Black Hole
New Born
Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)
Guiding Light
Hysteria
Map of the Problematique
Nishe
United States of Eurasia
I Belong to You
Feeling Good
MK Jam
Undisclosed Desires
Resistance
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
Unnatural Selection

Unintended
Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
Stockholm Syndrome

Take a Bow
Plug In Baby
Knights of Cydonia

MistressMary
03-06-2010, 06:27 AM
EEEeeek!!!! i love the exogenesis pieces!! I am semi freaking out - presale is tomorrow and I haven't decided... Although, I don't think i can afford it this time.. Drats! I shouldn't have gone to soundwave this year...