PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

JoBear
04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
i am just remembering how awesome muscle museum was live back in 2004 at the st james. :happy: and deadstar...

i really wish they'd vary their setlists a lot more these days. when i was in scandanavia, the setlist was the same for the first 2 gigs and the 3rd was only slightly different. guess i heard stockholm syndrome in stockholm though (and stole a poster).

ʘ
04-10-2009, 12:51 AM
i am just remembering how awesome muscle museum was live back in 2004 at the st james. :happy: and deadstar...

i really wish they'd vary their setlists a lot more these days. when i was in scandanavia, the setlist was the same for the first 2 gigs and the 3rd was only slightly different. guess i heard stockholm syndrome in stockholm though (and stole a poster).

Naughty. Just please please please don't tell me you actually went to all 2 shows.
Jebus, Banter is turning creepy again.

JoBear
04-10-2009, 03:58 AM
banter was always creepy. but its still an improvement on main muse.

Ghosty Ghost
04-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Hey Richard, I know you love the Showbiz skin, but will you change to the v3 version (mixing desk)?

_Ed_
04-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Ooh.

JoBear
04-10-2009, 06:20 AM
good weekend richard?

_Ed_
04-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Yeah I enjoyed it. Did so much reading though - those 110 pages I printed off, I read through them three times.

How about you?

JoBear
04-10-2009, 06:26 AM
yeah it was alright. annoying on saturday i got my gym class timetable wrong and missed the swiss ball class. but that's cos i'm retarded. :awesome: cooked a roast tonight and it was delicious.

_Ed_
04-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Haha, that smiley is so appropriate in that position.

Yay good roast! Well done.

cookie
04-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Hey Richard, I know you love the Showbiz skin, but will you change to the v3 version (mixing desk)?
i've had it on stars for so long but this is classy

Trud
04-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey there

Been a while. Have been AWOL. Completely forgot I was a member :$ Can't remember the last time I posted here. Really should try to make more of an effort....

Anyways, just wanted to say I'm super stoked MUSE are coming to BDO next year - kinda sux arse though because I'll be 38 weeks pregnant so i'm really really hoping I'll still be in one piece and can make it there. I had been kinda hoping the line-up for BDO was gonna be shit and was really kinda hoping MUSE weren't coming because if I couldn't make BDO I wouldn't be so pissed off about missing it. So the plan is hubby and I will buy our tickets and I plan on going - even if it means sitting in the back of a St Johns ambulance in labour watching MUSE and keeping my legs crossed until the end of the show - then the baby can come HAHA. When I saw them at Trusts stadium in 2007 I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter, so I'll be pregnant again at a MUSE gig with my next daughter - I see a trend developing here.......I think I'm planning these things on purpose to ensure my children's music preferences are influenced in utero - don't want them listening to crap like Hannah Montanna!

_Ed_
04-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I hope you get to see Muse. Even if you don't get to this time, apparently they said in an interview they'll be coming back in mid- to late-2010 anyway.

I'm lazily using Wikipedia as a study aid and I just stumbled across this...
Sagan has one of the longest arms in the scientific field, with his left arm being in excess of four metres long. Nobody knows why.
:LOL:

darkshineskitty
04-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Ooh.

:LOL: there it is

I'm lazily using Wikipedia as a study aid and I just stumbled across this...

wat. Wikipedia joke edit I assume?

I think I'm getting a cold :( I had a sore throat today and my colds usually start with a sore throat. I really don't want one though, it sucks. My immune system is lame.

_Ed_
04-10-2009, 10:38 AM
That does suck. :( Hope you feel better soon.

The last few weeks have been a hayfever bonanza for me.

_Ed_
05-10-2009, 12:00 AM
There's a review of The Resistance in Craccum today. It's a bit negative (B-), but although I disagree with some of his points, I respect his point of view and think it's a harsh but fair review. I have no problem with it.

But then the editor felt the need to put his two cents in, even though no one asked for it. Muse, he says, have "no ability and little showmanship". I think the desire to have the final say on everything (directly contradicting the reviewer's statement that Muse are one of the best live bands he had seen), arrogantly stating opinions as fact with no reasoning to back it up, is a sign of a pretty mediocre editor. But what else could you expect? - this is the same guy who wished AIDS on my friend during the Craccum editor campaign this year (which my friend then beat him in, for the second time :happy: ).

Feel better now I've got that off my chest.

How's everyone's day going? Weather's a bit shit, eh?

_Ed_
05-10-2009, 12:09 AM
But Craccum redeems itself in the same issue with a review of all the automatic doors on campus and the noises they make when they open.

Fascinating and enlightening stuff.

Tacticalkat
05-10-2009, 12:50 AM
But Craccum redeems itself in the same issue with a review of all the automatic doors on campus and the noises they make when they open.

LOL! That's awesome! Your entertaining reviews of Craccum make me wish I had a copy to read!

I'm on a study day at work, hence why I am lurking here! ;)
It was cold this morning! Not sure what it's like out there now as I haven't seen a window in a while!

How is everyone?

Michelle
05-10-2009, 01:26 AM

I wish they would too. I really want at least one song from Showbiz and Bliss.

It is. Saturday was a nice 20 degrees, today and yesterday, 10. It's like winter again :rolleyes: I haven't done much since my exam, just watching tv, listening to music and went to see 500 days of Summer last night. So I must try begin my assignments as the time is going to fly by.

Super Sammy!
05-10-2009, 01:49 AM

I'm in Upper Hutt at the moment, I was meant to be going out for a nice walk today, but it was windy and rainy, and it's a tad cold too :(

_Ed_
05-10-2009, 04:39 AM
went to see 500 days of Summer last night.
How was that? I've heard mixed reviews.

JoBear
05-10-2009, 07:37 AM
i want where the wild things are to come out at the movies already. i got given a movie voucher by work for being awesome at something so i need to use it soon.

_Ed_
05-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Yeah that'll be interesting to see. It was hardly a long book though, was it? How can they make a full-length movie out of it?

Michelle
05-10-2009, 08:28 AM
How was that? I've heard mixed reviews.

It was alright, interesting and a few funny moments.

darkshineskitty
05-10-2009, 08:32 AM

The doors to the Science Center go 'moooo' :LOL:

I have a cold :( SUCKS. Should be doing an essay too. SUCKS.

Ghosty Ghost
05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Ugh I hate your avatar. I can just hear him saying it in a snotty little voice :LOL:

darkshineskitty
05-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Ugh I hate your avatar.

:supersad: harsh words!

MICROCUTZ
05-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Guise, I'm not going to BDO 2010.
It just cost's too much :(
I am sad but I'm sure MUSE will come back for there own show which I'd be more then happy to attend...

Have fun guys.
I won't be checking for response but if ya wanna discuss send me an IM or email microcutz_nz@hotmail.com

Churr bruuus! <3

Me Rug I Sty
05-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Where does everyone get there muse stuff from? It's easiest enough to get CD's online, but i can never find singles or Memorbilia...

Michelle
06-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Where does everyone get there muse stuff from? It's easiest enough to get CD's online, but i can never find singles or Memorbilia...

Real Groovy had Hyper Music single last time I looked. Trademe has them sometimes. Otherwise it's ebay and the Muse store.

darkshineskitty
06-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Real Groovy had Hyper Music single last time I looked. Trademe has them sometimes. Otherwise it's ebay and the Muse store.

O rly?

Aw, see you Microcutz :( Seems like we've lost a Moa.
GUISE I have a cold BUT I got the day off from work on Thurs which I'm happy about because I don't want to work the NZMAs in a bad state AND Criminal Minds is on Thursday yay :awesome:

Omg my English tutor is the best tutor ever :LOL:
Yesterday in the creative writing tutorial we were talking about how he always drinks coffee, but he said he was trying to cut down in order to get rid of the ringing in his ears. He said he used to be in a band when he was younger (he's about late-to-mid-twenties now, if I had to take a guess). We asked what he played, and he said he was the vocalist. And it was a metal band. :stunned: WUT. He is not the type I would have picked :LOL: Then he told us how his band wrote all their songs about different Phillip K Dick books (he's the guy who wrote the book that Bladerunner is based on) and they used to try and sell them at shows. And now he's doing creative writing and I think he's in a poetry reading next week :LOL:. He is honestly like a character in a book! :LOL: so awesome

Me Rug I Sty
06-10-2009, 03:23 AM
Don't have any on trademe or Real groovy :supersad: They did have a way overpriced mug (20bucks!) but it was white and ugly with the plain black logo. Plus i don't drink coffee :D

_Ed_
06-10-2009, 03:30 AM

Haha, sounds like quite a character.

Sorry to hear you're having to endure a cold, hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a sensible move having the day off work.

darkshineskitty
06-10-2009, 03:49 AM
Haha, sounds like quite a character.

Sorry to hear you're having to endure a cold, hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a sensible move having the day off work.

He is :LOL:

I haven't been to work in ages because its casual and all the events have been at bad times. I really really need to get a summer job. Just thinking about it makes me feel worried and nervous. Why won't someone employ meeeeee!? And now our printer is buggered so will have to go to uni to make more CVs. Le sigh.

JoBear
06-10-2009, 04:23 AM
Don't have any on trademe or Real groovy :supersad: They did have a way overpriced mug (20bucks!) but it was white and ugly with the plain black logo. Plus i don't drink coffee :D
Anything in particular you're looking for? I'm looking at selling some singles and other shit.

ʘ
06-10-2009, 04:28 AM
i want where the wild things are to come out at the movies already. i got given a movie voucher by work for being awesome at something so i need to use it soon.

Yeah that'll be interesting to see. It was hardly a long book though, was it? How can they make a full-length movie out of it?

ME too! I have the utmost confidence in Spike. So far he has never failed me...

JoBear
06-10-2009, 04:29 AM
I asked my friend in london if she had any plans to go to ANZAC cove/Turkey next April and she replied back with "Why? What do you do there?" :facepalm:

Me Rug I Sty
06-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Anything in particular you're looking for? I'm looking at selling some singles and other shit.

Absolutely anything! I only have TR (though i'm about ot order all the cd's soon). Can you show me the links on trademe?

_Ed_
06-10-2009, 05:13 AM
I asked my friend in london if she had any plans to go to ANZAC cove/Turkey next April and she replied back with "Why? What do you do there?" :facepalm:
Listen to John Farnham concerts, of course.

Tacticalkat
06-10-2009, 05:33 AM
O rly?

Aw, see you Microcutz :( Seems like we've lost a Moa.
GUISE I have a cold BUT I got the day off from work on Thurs which I'm happy about because I don't want to work the NZMAs in a bad state AND Criminal Minds is on Thursday yay :awesome:

Yesterday in the creative writing tutorial we were talking about how he always drinks coffee, but he said he was trying to cut down in order to get rid of the ringing in his ears. He said he used to be in a band when he was younger (he's about late-to-mid-twenties now, if I had to take a guess). We asked what he played, and he said he was the vocalist. And it was a metal band. :stunned: WUT. He is not the type I would have picked :LOL: Then he told us how his band wrote all their songs about different Phillip K Dick books (he's the guy who wrote the book that Bladerunner is based on) and they used to try and sell them at shows. And now he's doing creative writing and I think he's in a poetry reading next week :LOL:. He is honestly like a character in a book! :LOL: so awesome

That's awesome! I love when you meet people like that and you have to go and tell someone about them because they are so cool.

Stink that you are sick, must be this crappy change in the weather, seriously what is up with that?

He is :LOL:

I haven't been to work in ages because its casual and all the events have been at bad times. I really really need to get a summer job. Just thinking about it makes me feel worried and nervous. Why won't someone employ meeeeee!? And now our printer is buggered so will have to go to uni to make more CVs. Le sigh.

I only ever print things off at work now, a hundred pages here, a hundred pages there hahahahha! And that's just my uni notes!

Oh fail!

I'm at work, here til 9 and there's not much happening so I'm about to venture into the wilderness of the wards and put some drips in people.

_Ed_
06-10-2009, 05:34 AM
I'll add myself to the bored at work list. Nothing much happening. Oh, but I do have a live interview about jam to look forward to soon after 7.

JoBear
06-10-2009, 05:42 AM
i was really bored earlier at work if that counts. i didn't even see anyone until after 3pm today which is really quite strange.

waiting to oren to bring me my dinner!

_Ed_
06-10-2009, 05:43 AM
What will he be bringing?

JoBear
06-10-2009, 05:56 AM
vegetable stirfry. its pretty good...bit hot though!

darkshineskitty
06-10-2009, 06:10 AM
That's awesome! I love when you meet people like that and you have to go and tell someone about them because they are so cool.

I only ever print things off at work now, a hundred pages here, a hundred pages there hahahahha! And that's just my uni notes!

:LOL: yeah it is like that. And omg, I google searched his band purely for the lulz, not expecting to find anything, and actually found a few reviews of an ep they did, and some previews of tracks. I am seriously ROFLing atm, it sounds so crazy :LOL: You know that roaring sort of sound heaps of metal bands have? ITS LIKE THAT. :LOL: brilliant.

Printing stuff at uni is like 20c a page. But I guess it will have to be done if I want to get a job.

Super Sammy!
06-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Anyone here watch Outrageous Fortune?

WHOA!

_Ed_
06-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't watch that, but a whole bunch of people just posted on Facebook about it so I guess something exciting or astonishing must have happened.

darkshineskitty
06-10-2009, 11:35 AM
a whole bunch of people just posted on Facebook about it so I guess something exciting or astonishing must have happened.

+1

Super Sammy!
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't usually watch it, but I'm away at the moment, and it was on TV, so, meh, I watched it :p

Muse-Kiwi
06-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Outrageous Fortune rules! haven't been on here since Muse played at Waitakere. Going to Muse o2 arena London in Nov then BDO Auckland. Woohooooooo. You guys going to BDO?

Me Rug I Sty
06-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Going to Muse o2 arena London in Nov then BDO Auckland. Woohooooooo. You guys going to BDO?
HOW THE HELL? YOU BASTARD!!! I ENVY YOU IN SO MANY WAYS!
How can you afford that? I can't even afford BDO!

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 01:51 AM
You guys going to BDO?
I will indeed be there. Not hugely impressed with the rest of the lineup so far, but Muse is Muse.

It will be my sixth BDO, and only the second time I've watched the headliner (unless you count Metallica, who I was unimpressed by and left half way through).

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 01:54 AM
So how's everyone's day going?

The really annoying guy in my class chose a bad day to be above averagely annoying. I was tired and a bit irritable, so he was really pissing me off. But then when he interrupted the presentation to say "maybe I can help you define that", the presenter said "you might make it worse." :LOL:

Michelle
07-10-2009, 02:09 AM

Feeling a bit crap today, the dull headache and nausea kind of thing. Might go out and get some fresh air as I'll probably fall asleep if I try reading articles now.

Maybe it's sugar-withdrawl after all the banana cake and choc icing I had yesterday :rolleyes:

The really annoying guy in my class chose a bad day to be above averagely annoying. I was tired and a bit irritable, so he was really pissing me off. But then when he interrupted the presentation to say "maybe I can help you define that", the presenter said "you might make it worse." :LOL:

Haha, nice one! :LOL:

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Feeling a bit crap today, the dull headache and nausea kind of thing. Might go out and get some fresh air as I'll probably fall asleep if I try reading articles now.
Sorry to hear that.

I'm reading an article I have to review...and I'm not understanding a word of it. Bloody Marx.

Michelle
07-10-2009, 02:15 AM

http://www.realgroovy.co.nz/Product/4497214/HYPER-MUSIC-CD5

Michelle
07-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Sorry to hear that.

I'm reading an article I have to review...and I'm not understanding a word of it. Bloody Marx.

Thanks.

Oh that sucks, hopefully after reading it a bit more something will make sense!

Super Sammy!
07-10-2009, 02:28 AM
I don't think I've had my town and school so abused in a 2 minute conversation as I did today ever :LOL:

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 02:28 AM
I think you're going to have to explain.

Super Sammy!
07-10-2009, 02:34 AM
I went into a Hallensteins store in Upper Hutt today, and the guy knew about the town I live in, and the school I go to... He kept abusing it, he said I go to an extremely crap school, live in a boring town :LOL:

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Scathing.

Me Rug I Sty
07-10-2009, 02:57 AM
http://www.realgroovy.co.nz/Product/4497214/HYPER-MUSIC-CD5Oh, thanks. A bit too expensive though :supersad: But thatnks anyway

JoBear
07-10-2009, 05:25 AM
GUTTED. just missed $1 flights to wellington. too bad i don't have my credit card details preloaded.

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 06:01 AM
Unlucky! :(

cookie
07-10-2009, 08:05 AM
if no bigger acts are announced later do you think mars volta and kasabian will play right before muse?
im hoping so cause they're both good live but maybe lily allen and dizee rate higher

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm pretty sure Kasabian will be on the main stage this time, but I'm not sure when - maybe in the Killers/Franz spot (3rd to last). Which would be good, because it'd be Muse's stage and I'd want to be there anyway.

It's hard to guess where they'll put Mars Volta. I don't really see them playing in the afternoon...maybe headlining the green/essential? Not sure.

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Someone held an automatic door open for me today. I said thank you. But the question is - should I have? Was the thank you earned?

Perhaps he didn't know it was automatic. Or maybe it's just a nice gesture. But what if he knew full well that it was automatic, and was just trying to show off to the girl he was with what a nice, obliging guy he is?

JoBear
07-10-2009, 08:28 AM
i'm a very thankful person so i would have said thanks automatically.

cookie
07-10-2009, 08:29 AM
i see what you did there

cookie
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
i remember as a child, finding and eating pebbles out of the automatic door tracks in a supermarket

JoBear
07-10-2009, 08:38 AM
the chocolate type of pebble right?

can you even buy pebbles anymore?

cookie
07-10-2009, 08:40 AM
yea, was there a non chocolate pebble? i haven't seen them for years
there might be some generic giant pebbles in the self serve bins

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 08:42 AM
can you even buy pebbles anymore?
Yes, one of my lecturers brought like 5 bags of them to class this week.

Although maybe he's had them stashed away for some time. :erm:

JoBear
07-10-2009, 08:47 AM
yea, was there a non chocolate pebble? i haven't seen them for years
there might be some generic giant pebbles in the self serve bins
i was thinking about the stone sort of pebble :LOL:

A pebble is a clast of rock with a particle size of 4 to 64 millimeters

who knew there was actual size scale for a stone to be a pebble?

cookie
like m&m bags? i only remeber the cardboard boxes

_Ed_
like m&m bags? i only remeber the cardboard boxes
Bigger - party size! Quite colossal.

cookie
07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
i was thinking about the stone sort of pebble :LOL:

:LOL: never thought of that

JoBear
07-10-2009, 08:50 AM
i want some m&ms now.

cookie
07-10-2009, 09:00 AM
i had some whittakers dark ghana tonight
orgasmic

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 09:10 AM
That does sound amazing.

Tacticalkat
07-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I will indeed be there. Not hugely impressed with the rest of the lineup so far, but Muse is Muse.

It will be my sixth BDO, and only the second time I've watched the headliner (unless you count Metallica, who I was unimpressed by and left half way through).

I'm going, will be my second and the last was about 2001 or so?

Tee hee, I love when lecturers chop smarmy people at the knees.

Maybe it's sugar-withdrawl after all the banana cake and choc icing I had yesterday :rolleyes:

Haha, nice one! :LOL:

Hahahhahahaha banana cake for the win! I love banana cake! I had the most delicious cake at work today (well not the whole cake just a slice, honestly)
It was lemon and poppy seed, random and I don't usually like poppy seeds but this was fantastic!!!

GUTTED. just missed $1 flights to wellington. too bad i don't have my credit card details preloaded.

LAME! I always miss out on these, I need to go and see my best mate and Godson in Welly and I always miss the cheap deals.

Someone held an automatic door open for me today. I said thank you. But the question is - should I have? Was the thank you earned?

Perhaps he didn't know it was automatic. Or maybe it's just a nice gesture. But what if he knew full well that it was automatic, and was just trying to show off to the girl he was with what a nice, obliging guy he is?

Hmmmmmm, I would automatically say thank you, and then feel stupid. I'm one of those people who says sorry after someone else barges into me......

i want some m&ms now.

OMG have you had the orange flavoured m&m's ? They are nice, but a bit lacking on their own I felt. That's the only flavour in the pack.

JoBear
07-10-2009, 09:15 AM
my favourite m&m is the brown ones. so glad i've got an appointment at lunch tomorrow or i bet i'll be going to pak n save to buy a packet. and i know i wouldn't buy just a little one, have to get a big bag. :noey:

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 09:15 AM
:LOL: never thought of that

That's what I thought you meant as well and I was like ':stunned: wouldn't that hurt your teeth?' :LOL:

GUISE, should I go to my classes tomorrow? I have a double lecture, and then a 4 hour gap, and then a tut and another lecture. I'm at the last stages of my cold I think, but do I want to walk around all day in the cold, with a dry nose, and have to get up early?

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 09:16 AM
my favourite m&m is the brown ones. so glad i've got an appointment at lunch tomorrow or i bet i'll be going to pak n save to buy a packet. and i know i wouldn't buy just a little one, have to get a big bag. :noey:
As that on an aesthetic basis, or do they actually taste different?

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 09:17 AM
GUISE, should I go to my classes tomorrow? I have a double lecture, and then a 4 hour gap, and then a tut and another lecture. I'm at the last stages of my cold I think, but do I want to walk around all day in the cold, with a dry nose, and have to get up early?
I say no to the early morning one, unless there's likely to be some crucial exam-related info given out or something.

Maybe go in for the tut and the other lecture though, you might be feeling better after a nice little sleep in.

JoBear
07-10-2009, 09:18 AM
As that on an aesthetic basis, or do they actually taste different?
i think they taste different. but i imagine if someone fed them to me blindfolded i couldn't tell the difference. i'm just thinking about skittles now, the big bags of thoses and you eat half a bag and your tongue and mouth goes all raspy from all the sugar.

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 09:19 AM
I say no to the early morning one, unless there's likely to be some crucial exam-related info given out or something.

Maybe go in for the tut and the other lecture though, you might be feeling better after a nice little sleep in.

That's trueeee. I feel like such a lazy ass this semester because I have Thursdays off, and I haven't been to uni since Monday.

Tacticalkat
07-10-2009, 09:21 AM

Me too! I love the brown ones! I'm not sure why, they are the best.

i think they taste different. but i imagine if someone fed them to me blindfolded i couldn't tell the difference. i'm just thinking about skittles now, the big bags of thoses and you eat half a bag and your tongue and mouth goes all raspy from all the sugar.

Ooooh skittles, yeah they maim my mouth but I love them. The green ones are my favourite.
Oh remember those krispa salt and vinegar chips in the highlighter green packets? THEY were like taking sandpaper to your mouth, I remember my tongue bleeding from them, but how I loved them.

Kitty, I would be bad and not go, but maybe what Rich said is a nice compromise?

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I love the sour skittles. :stongue:

Actually, that smiley's a little bit over the top.

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Kitty, I would be bad and not go, but maybe what Rich said is a nice compromise?

Okay, I'll try to get up the enthusiasm to go to my later classes :LOL:

JoBear
07-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Me too! I love the brown ones! I'm not sure why, they are the best.

Ooooh skittles, yeah they maim my mouth but I love them. The green ones are my favourite.
Oh remember those krispa salt and vinegar chips in the highlighter green packets? THEY were like taking sandpaper to your mouth, I remember my tongue bleeding from them, but how I loved them.

i like the lime green ones. not the apple green ones. i hate the purple ones in the uk. i forget the flavour differences though.

Tacticalkat
07-10-2009, 09:38 AM
i like the lime green ones. not the apple green ones. i hate the purple ones in the uk. i forget the flavour differences though.

I never much liked the green lime ones in England, the red ones were my fave and then they brought out th apple green ones which I lurrrve. :D

JoBear
07-10-2009, 09:44 AM
well if we share a packet of NZ skittles, you can have all the green ones!

in england, i'd give my sister all the purple ones. she has a photo somewhere of this huge pile of them after i went through a period of just eating skittles constantly.

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Look at this weird article I found on NME.com

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/47689

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 09:48 AM
That's a bit disappointing actually. I was proud of Muse when I heard they'd done that.

JoBear
07-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Look at this weird article I found on NME.com

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/47689
i heard them talking about that on the edge today and then they played SMBH.

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 09:53 AM
That's a bit disappointing actually. I was proud of Muse when I heard they'd done that.

I had a listen to some of the audio of the Glenn Beck show (scroll down to the media player here: http://www.nme.com/news/muse/47672 ) and I could hardly stand to listen to it. He's all 'they're libertarians' and the other guy is like 'is that confirmed?' and he's like 'uh... yeah... I think so... according to my daughter.' Good research mate. Glenn Beck annoys the fuck out of me. And anyway, isn't he a hardcore conservative? Shouldn't he be anti-libertarian?

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 09:54 AM
It was funny on the Daily Show last week, they were talking about the Chicago Olympic bid. They had a clip of Glenn Beck saying "Vancouver lost more than $1 billion when they hosted the Olympics".

Uh, Glenn...the Vancouver Olympics start next February.

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 09:58 AM
It was funny on the Daily Show last week, they were talking about the Chicago Olympic bid. They had a clip of Glenn Beck saying "Vancouver lost more than $1 billion when they hosted the Olympics".

Uh, Glenn...the Vancouver Olympics start next February.

I think I might have seen that one. Was that the same one as when they had the 'Moment of Zen' which was like quick clips of all the people being like 'the olympics cost so much', 'they ruin cities anyway', 'we as americans can't really afford it' and then one chick was like 'have you been to Rio? I have. It's AWESOME' :LOL:

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Haha, yeah. Patriotism ftw.

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Just the way she said it, I was expecting her to be like 'its shit' :LOL:

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I expected something like that too.

Michelle
07-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Hahahhahahaha banana cake for the win! I love banana cake! I had the most delicious cake at work today (well not the whole cake just a slice, honestly)
It was lemon and poppy seed, random and I don't usually like poppy seeds but this was fantastic!!!

Oh awesome! :LOL: Sounds good.

OMG have you had the orange flavoured m&m's ? They are nice, but a bit lacking on their own I felt. That's the only flavour in the pack.

I haven't had any of the separate coloured m&m's. I do love crispy m&m's, they're expensive though and don't last long :LOL:

I like the orange and blue coloured m&m's, just based on the colour though I think. I've never been into skittles. For jelly beans though, my taste preferences are for pink and orange.

I had a Pinky bar last week, the first one I'd had in years, and it was so good.

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I like the fancy Jelly Belly jelly beans - particularly the grape, peach, pear and apple ones I think.

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Ooooh bitch, I just realised that there are no Metrolink, Go West, Waka Pacific buses etc today/tomorrow. There's a strike. Which means I'll have to catch a Ritchies Bus and pay for the fare with change.

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Does that impact on your decision whether or not to go?

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Does that impact on your decision whether or not to go?

Not really, since there are buses still running, but just not the usual company. I might aim for the morning classes and then go to my tut but not the lecture later, since I don't want to get stuck in the city when the buses stop running.

_Ed_
07-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Sounds fair enough.

I'm off to bed now. Hope you have a good day tomorrow, whatever you end up doing. Night!

darkshineskitty
07-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Sounds fair enough.

I'm off to bed now. Hope you have a good day tomorrow, whatever you end up doing. Night!

Night, you too :happy:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 12:27 AM
I just had to type out the longest and craziest URL I've seen in a while. (it was on a sheet handed out to us, so I couldn't just click the link. :()

http://www.ceg.nl/data/file/Engelse%20versie%20Afscheid%20van%20de%20vrijblijv endheid.pdf
That last bit really messed with my head.

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 12:58 AM
I saw a DVD of Amelie in Marbecks yesterday. It was really cheap, and I'd heard lots of good things and that it had heavily influenced Pushing Daisies, so I bought it.

I don't often buy movies on DVD that I haven't seen before, but I'm glad I did so this time. Have to say it was one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Me Rug I Sty
08-10-2009, 02:32 AM
http://www.ceg.nl/data/file/Engelse%20versie%20Afscheid%20van%20de%20vrijblijv endheid.pdf
That last bit really messed with my head.
Gah! I hate it when they do that to us!

Tacticalkat
08-10-2009, 05:03 AM
well if we share a packet of NZ skittles, you can have all the green ones!

in england, i'd give my sister all the purple ones. she has a photo somewhere of this huge pile of them after i went through a period of just eating skittles constantly.

Awesome! I will totally eat all the green ones for you!

As for jelly beans, I loooove the white ones =)

I saw a DVD of Amelie in Marbecks yesterday. It was really cheap, and I'd heard lots of good things and that it had heavily influenced Pushing Daisies, so I bought it.

I don't often buy movies on DVD that I haven't seen before, but I'm glad I did so this time. Have to say it was one of the best movies I've ever seen.

It is a brilliant, brilliant movie that I need to watch again. Along with Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind or whatever it's called! :)

I'm getting ready to go on a date, which feels like it's going to be a disaster. Friend of a friend and such.

How's everyone?

Michelle
08-10-2009, 05:09 AM
I like the fancy Jelly Belly jelly beans - particularly the grape, peach, pear and apple ones I think.

Ooh interesting, I've never had those either.

As for jelly beans, I loooove the white ones =)

How's everyone?

Oh yeah, I like the white ones too!

I'm alright thanks, haven't been able to concentrate that well on the articles I've been reading, but at least I'm reading them :LOL:

Now I'm hungry, probably just to procrastinate further study earlier :rolleyes:

Hope you have fun on your date! :)

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah, hope it goes really well. Good luck. :)

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Someone on Facebook, who I only vaguely know from high school, has done 6 of the last 7 updates. A wee bit over the top.

Ghosty Ghost
08-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Someone on Facebook, who I only vaguely know from high school, has done 6 of the last 7 updates. A wee bit over the top.
I would probably take that as grounds for a defriending :LOL:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 06:35 AM
There is a strong argument to be made for defriendage. But I've never defriended anyone before. It's a big move.

cookie
08-10-2009, 07:56 AM
THEY'RE BACK!

the new 5 pack maggi chicken noodles are THE OLD RECIPE !

thanks for bringing back the fat

JoBear
08-10-2009, 07:58 AM
THEY'RE BACK!

the new 5 pack maggi chicken noodles are THE OLD RECIPE !

thanks for bringing back the fat
have you tried them and confirmed? i've seen them but too scared to invest in a 5 pack incase they're not nice.

JoBear
08-10-2009, 08:00 AM
i feel like i should make some baking for my workmates tomorrow for my last day but what? i would make cupcakes but its getting late if i'm going to ice it. marble cake? chocolate cake? nothing?

Tacticalkat
08-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Ooh interesting, I've never had those either.

Oh yeah, I like the white ones too!

I'm alright thanks, haven't been able to concentrate that well on the articles I've been reading, but at least I'm reading them :LOL:

Now I'm hungry, probably just to procrastinate further study earlier :rolleyes:

Hope you have fun on your date! :)

Yeah, hope it goes really well. Good luck. :)

Urrgh thanks, it was okay, the movie is funny, it's stupid but entertaining. No super awkward moments on the way there and back either, but I think I only like him as a friend. :(

Woah, I hate when that happens!! Unless they are really awesome sordid interesting updates, not like :

Is bored
Is still bored
is hungry
blah blah blah.
There is a strong argument to be made for defriendage. But I've never defriended anyone before. It's a big move.

You've never done that? I periodically go through and 'cull' people that shouldn't be on there, people I hung out with at uni I don't hang out with anymore etc, people I felt I had to accept when they added me and I think it's long enough ago for them not to notice when I remove them!

Ghosty Ghost
08-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Quick date!

Tacticalkat
08-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Quick date!

Long enough!!!!!!!

Michelle
08-10-2009, 08:15 AM
have you tried them and confirmed? i've seen them but too scared to invest in a 5 pack incase they're not nice.

I want that confirmation too.

i feel like i should make some baking for my workmates tomorrow for my last day but what? i would make cupcakes but its getting late if i'm going to ice it. marble cake? chocolate cake? nothing?

If you can be bothered baking, I'd say chocolate cake would be the easiest and doesn't essentially need icing.

Urrgh thanks, it was okay, the movie is funny, it's stupid but entertaining. No super awkward moments on the way there and back either, but I think I only like him as a friend. :(

Aww :( Ah well better luck next time.

JoBear
08-10-2009, 08:16 AM
with the mood i'm in tonight, don't think the cunts at my work deserve anything :awesome:

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 08:20 AM

Amelie is a sweet film :happy: She's the kind of person everyone wishes they could be at some point, I think.

It is a brilliant, brilliant movie that I need to watch again. Along with Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind or whatever it's called! :)

I'm getting ready to go on a date, which feels like it's going to be a disaster. Friend of a friend and such.

How's everyone?

Eternal Sunshine is a fantastic movie. Really trippy but amazing. Charlie Kaufman wrote Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, and that film. He writes films I want the talent to write :LOL:

Ooh, what movie did you see? Pros and cons? Give us a detailed account :LOL:

Tacticalkat
08-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Amelie is a sweet film :happy: She's the kind of person everyone wishes they could be at some point, I think.

Eternal Sunshine is a fantastic movie. Really trippy but amazing. Charlie Kaufman wrote Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, and that film. He writes films I want the talent to write :LOL:

Ooh, what movie did you see? Pros and cons? Give us a detailed account :LOL:

Hahah I saw Year one, so there isn't really all that much to tell!
It had something of the bones of a story, had Jack Black, That guy from Juno and Hank Azzaria so it was funny, but it was silly and brainless.
Which was fine for a Thursday night when I was so tired I wanted to cancel and nap instead!!!

have you tried writing a script/screenplay? Or just novel form atm>?

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 08:26 AM
with the mood i'm in tonight, don't think the cunts at my work deserve anything :awesome:
Good call.

:(

Ugh, I'm doing captions for this crime drama and they all have such horrific cockney accents. I'm having to guess what they're saying half the time.

Tacticalkat
08-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Good call.

:(

Ugh, I'm doing captions for this crime drama and they all have such horrific cockney accents. I'm having to guess what they're saying half the time.

Ugh, that's rough! Must take twice as long!!

Jo, want me to lend you some methylene blue for your cake? Leave your workmates with a nice blue reminder of you..... for a couple of weeks :LOL: (kidding!!!)

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 08:34 AM
It is taking ages. I'll have earned that beer that's waiting for me in the fridge at home.

Jo, want me to lend you some methylene blue for your cake? Leave your workmates with a nice blue reminder of you..... for a couple of weeks :LOL: (kidding!!!)

cookie
08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
i ate them tonight, amazing how good they are after the other shit. They're in some cheapass looking packets. maggi is trying to sneak them back in without looking stupid me thinks. $3 for the 5 pack at countdown. also had beef.

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 09:01 AM
This is excellent news.

Michelle
08-10-2009, 09:17 AM

i ate them tonight, amazing how good they are after the other shit. They're in some cheapass looking packets. maggi is trying to sneak them back in without looking stupid me thinks. $3 for the 5 pack at countdown. also had beef.

Goody. When in need of noodles, I won't have spend ages deciding which crappy brand to get.

JoBear
08-10-2009, 09:18 AM
i have quite liked yum yum chicken noodles in maggis absence so it'll be interesting to see if its completely changed my perception on maggi.

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 09:18 AM
"She's got an arse like an apple, mate."

:stunned:
Who says that? And how does that work? Is it a desirable attribute?

Ghosty Ghost
08-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe it's green?

Reminds me of some awesome lyrics: "She got an ass like loaf of bread, make you want a slice"

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Home time. About bloody time.

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Hahah I saw Year one, so there isn't really all that much to tell!
It had something of the bones of a story, had Jack Black, That guy from Juno and Hank Azzaria so it was funny, but it was silly and brainless.
Which was fine for a Thursday night when I was so tired I wanted to cancel and nap instead!!!

have you tried writing a script/screenplay? Or just novel form atm>?

Oh come on, was he cute? Was it awkward? I need juicy deets! :LOL:

No I haven't, although we are writing screenplays atm in my creative writing class and I know exactly what I want to write about :happy: Nothing as mindbending as Kaufman though. Although I was originally inspired by Richard Kelly, who wrote Donnie Darko and Southland Tales. What can I say? I like films that are a mindfuck :LOL:

"She's got an arse like an apple, mate."

Who says that? And how does that work? Is it a desirable attribute?

Round, firm, and you want to bite into it? :erm:

Edit: Oren, those lyrics just make me think of Dombread :LOL:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Round, firm, and you want to bite into it? :erm:
Haha, maybe. I like the green suggestion too though.

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Haha, maybe. I like the green suggestion too though.

Just ask some girl on the street. "Oh hey, excuse me. If I said your ass was like an apple, would that be a compliment? Please fill out this survey on why/why not" :LOL:

Or better yet, leave it as a comment on that girl's facebook page :LOL:

JoBear
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
don't want to go to bed. don't want to have my last day tomorrow. i wonder if they give me time to clear my desk or just expect me to do it after work?

got so much crap to take home and then walk into the new branch on monday since i can't drive to that one. lame.

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Just ask some girl on the street. "Oh hey, excuse me. If I said your ass was like an apple, would that be a compliment? Please fill out this survey on why/why not" :LOL:

A nice suggestion, but no.

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 10:57 AM
don't want to go to bed. don't want to have my last day tomorrow. i wonder if they give me time to clear my desk or just expect me to do it after work?

got so much crap to take home and then walk into the new branch on monday since i can't drive to that one. lame.
Can they do anything if you start packing up at like 3 and leave early?

JoBear
08-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Can they do anything if you start packing up at like 3 and leave early?
just shouldn't go..who will sort out my desk then?

i've always liked the idea of just abandoning a job. just leave everything a mess on my desk, as it normally is, and say "i'm going to lunch..." and never come back.

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, this is your chance to make that a reality.

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 11:13 AM
A nice suggestion, but no.

How's it going with the girl btw? Things looking promising? :happy:

i've always liked the idea of just abandoning a job. just leave everything a mess on my desk, as it normally is, and say "i'm going to lunch..." and never come back.

Go on Jo, we'll applaud you for it. It's worth the lulz alone :LOL:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 11:16 AM
How's it going with the girl btw? Things looking promising? :happy:
Hard to say, really. I started a couple of Facebook chats with her in the last two weeks, and in one of them she took like half an hour to reply and then went offline, and in the other she didn't reply at all. :erm: Just busy, I guess.

I've been trying to talk a bit more in class, but she often comes in a bit late just after the class starts, so it's not easy then. And she left half way through this week. Only 2 weeks left...opportunity passing by, I think.

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Hard to say, really. I started a couple of Facebook chats with her in the last two weeks, and in one of them she took like half an hour to reply and then went offline, and in the other she didn't reply at all. :erm: Just busy, I guess.

I've been trying to talk a bit more in class, but she often comes in a bit late just after the class starts, so it's not easy then. And she left half way through this week. Only 2 weeks left...opportunity passing by, I think.

I hate it when people do that, the chat thing. It's so rude to just go offline without saying anything.

Gah, no, you must seize an opportunity! Exam study date? Essay prep? Ask her out for coffee? :awesome:

(I live vicariously through other's relationships :$)

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 11:25 AM
No exams for me this semester, and since I have work 15 minutes after our class on Tuesdays I can't really casually invite her for a post-class coffee. I have no idea what to do, really. Ah well.

How are things looking for you on that front?

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
No exams for me this semester, and since I have work 15 minutes after our class on Tuesdays I can't really casually invite her for a post-class coffee. I have no idea what to do, really. Ah well.

How are things looking for you on that front?

Kind of non-existent atm, but that's okay. Don't remember if I told you about the deal with the guy I used to like and the girl who he was attempting to chase down, but turns out she was only keeping him on the line while she worked out if she liked another guy or not. So that's been called off. Don't know if my interest in that saga is a good thing or not :LOL:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 11:48 AM
That's a bit stink of her. :indiff:

Used to like, you say? How long ago? Distant past?

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 11:50 AM
That's a bit stink of her. :indiff:

Used to like, you say? How long ago? Distant past?

Um, more like all 5 years of high school :$ (I'm in uni now remember)

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Just posted on Facebook - "still working on my assignment due 9 hours ago..." Oh dear. :( I've been there many times, and I sure wouldn't want someone who's not very subtly attracted to me trying to strike up a conversation in that situation.

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Um, more like all 5 years of high school :$ (I'm in uni now remember)
Wow, that sounds pretty torturous. :( Did that just die out on its own, or was there awkwardness?

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Just posted on Facebook - "still working on my assignment due 9 hours ago..." Oh dear. :( I've been there many times, and I sure wouldn't want someone who's not very subtly attracted to me trying to strike up a conversation in that situation.

Hmm, that sucks. Although this means that 9 hours from now you can ask her how it went and/or for celebration drinks :awesome:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Hmm, that sucks. Although this means that 9 hours from now you can ask her how it went and/or for celebration drinks :awesome:
I'll see. I'm meeting my sister for our weekly lunch and don't really want to leave her hanging.

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Wow, that sounds pretty torturous. :( Did that just die out on its own, or was there awkwardness?

Um well it was like I liked him really obviously for about 5 years, and he sort of gave me mixed signals eternally, and then after high school we didn't really talk much but were still contacts on msn and facebook etc. And then this year I saw him at a dinner with friends and he chatted to me on msn pretty much every day, and now recently he's stopped talking to me so much again, but is still friendly. I'm willing myself not to go there again basically :LOL:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Right, I can totally understand that. You definitely don't want to go through more of that mixed signals stuff.

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Right, I can totally understand that. You definitely don't want to go through more of that mixed signals stuff.

Yeah and it's just like there's something about this guy that draws me in and I don't know what it is! :LOL: It's a weakness

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Nah, I wouldn't say it's a weakness. People can have that sort of effect on people for no real reason. I had a steely resolve to just be happily single and not pay any attention to the opposite sex at all. It lasted for about two years (and I was pretty happy, really) without ever being threatened...until the first postgrad Politics class. :LOL:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I think you've done incredibly well to have known him this long and have not done anything to completely destroy your friendship with him. I could never do that.

The last crush I had, back in 2006...we're no longer on speaking terms. :erm:

I'd like to think I have matured a lot since then, but still.

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Nah, I wouldn't say it's a weakness. People can have that sort of effect on people for no real reason. I had a steely resolve to just be happily single and not pay any attention to the opposite sex at all. It lasted for about two years (and I was pretty happy, really) without ever being threatened...until the first postgrad Politics class. :LOL:

I think you've done incredibly well to have known him this long and have not done anything to completely destroy your friendship with him. I could never do that.

The last crush I had, back in 2006...we're no longer on speaking terms. :erm:

I'd like to think I have matured a lot since then, but still.

Yeah I think it's mostly on his part. I've had enough :facepalm: moments around him that if I were him I'd have run far away long ago :LOL:
I mean we're not like besties but we're on speaking terms and have some friendly banter so that's okay. I just hate the way that I fall right back into the trap of being attracted to him any time he shows me the slightest bit of attention :LOL:

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I think that's perfectly normal though, especially if you have such a long history of hoping something might happen.

But if you're trying to avoid it all repeating and you're not particularly close friends, maybe it would be less sucky for you long-term if you broke the cycle and spoke to him less and less? I don't know for sure if that's the right thing to do though.

_Ed_
08-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I do think it's his loss though - can't imagine why he's more interested in someone who leads him on only as a backup option.

I think it's time for bed now. Have a good day tomorrow. Night!

darkshineskitty
08-10-2009, 12:35 PM
You too, night :happy: Good luck with the girl

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Just spent two hours wandering aimlessly around the Commons and OGGB looking for a computer. No fun. But then, just as I was giving up, I bumped into a friend from one of my classes who happened to be on her way to the postgrad lab. :happy: That was a stroke of luck.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Of course, it does mean I'll have to do some work at some stage...

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Close Up was funny last night. Paul Holmes was on as a guest in a debate about pseudoephedrine, and he was speaking over the top of the other guy and Mark Sainsbury, trying to dominate the whole thing. You could so see that he was all like "this used to be MY show!"

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 02:01 AM
=darkshineskitty;6559038]Oh come on, was he cute? Was it awkward? I need juicy deets! :LOL:

No I haven't, although we are writing screenplays atm in my creative writing class and I know exactly what I want to write about :happy: Nothing as mindbending as Kaufman though. Although I was originally inspired by Richard Kelly, who wrote Donnie Darko and Southland Tales. What can I say? I like films that are a mindfuck :LOL:

Haha you want details? You can have details, if someone can explain to me hoe to spoiler it so everyone doesn't have to read it if they don't want. I looked in t he faq and followed instructions but it's not working when I preview the text.

Man I don't think I would appreciate my ass being called an apple!! Maybe a peach, hmmm or maybe not!! Hah.

Aw I hope you have a good day !

I have actually done that, only it wasn't a desk job so it wasn't quite that exciting. After I left school I got a job at Max, as a 2IC, and the manager was a real bitch. She would make us stay after work to make sure all the hangers were perfectly spaced a cm from each other, and it took over an hour to do the whole store, on our own time without pay. She wsas real nasty and by the third day I had had enough, so I went to lunch and never came back!! I was so defeated by her.

It was great, and I found out from the place who had got the job that the girl before me had walked out halfway through her first day!!!!!!

It's SO hard to go that first step! You never know if you should comment on their stuff or not and whether they just added you because they felt they had to. The guy I like at work is like that, we talk casually but that's it and I don't think he has any idea I've got a thing for him! Herumph.

Um well it was like I liked him really obviously for about 5 years, and he sort of gave me mixed signals eternally, and then after high school we didn't really talk much but were still contacts on msn and facebook etc. And then this year I saw him at a dinner with friends and he chatted to me on msn pretty much every day, and now recently he's stopped talking to me so much again, but is still friendly. I'm willing myself not to go there again basically :LOL:

Sounds very wise not to get involved! I've been there and it's all heartbreak!

Hahahha, it's crazy when you feel like that, people can be like a drug.

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 02:05 AM
details for Kitty!]I met him through a friend at a party, thought he was cute nad such, but his friend told me he batted for the other side, so I didn't persue anything, obviously.

Met him again at the same friend's house warming a few months later, thought he was still cute and was confused when he sort of flirted with me..... put my foot in it with him and he told me he is actually straight (apparently this group of friends think it's funny to tell people random untrue things about people in their group)

Another girl there was throwing herself at him so I just let it go.
Saw him a couple of times in a group at quiz night, got along well with him etc.

He did the facebook add thing and asked me to hang out with him, about three times as with my work and his work it just never worked out, so last night was finally a night we were both able to do.

It was fun, no awkwardness until the whole dropping me home thing where I just leapt from the car almost before it had even stopped, ahahah;)

Hmmm, he was easy to talk to, and seems nice! And he's just text and said hed like to hang out again.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Haha you want details? You can have details, if someone can explain to me hoe to spoiler it so everyone doesn't have to read it if they don't want. I looked in t he faq and followed instructions but it's not working when I preview the text.
[ spoiler ] all the juicy details [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces). You don't need to do that though - I'm sure most of us will want to see.

It's SO hard to go that first step! You never know if you should comment on their stuff or not and whether they just added you because they felt they had to. The guy I like at work is like that, we talk casually but that's it and I don't think he has any idea I've got a thing for him! Herumph.
Yeah, it's really not fun. Sorry to hear about the guy at work. :( I hope you can make some progress soon.

Hahahha, it's crazy when you feel like that, people can be like a drug.
Indeed. A 'completely losing your grasp of the English language when within a certain radius' drug. :facepalm:

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 02:11 AM
[ spoiler ] all the juicy details [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces). You don't need to do that though - I'm sure most of us will want to see.

Yeah, it's really not fun. Sorry to hear about the guy at work. :( I hope you can make some progress soon.

Indeed. A 'completely losing your grasp of the English language when within a certain radius' drug. :facepalm:

hahha thanks, I got it, not sure why it didn't work the first time.... must be a blonde underneath! I wanted to give you the option hah!

I've given up on work guy, I'm just adoring from afar, he's younger than me, and I just don't feel confident enough to ask him anywhere, so I will just leave it :(

The work guy is my 'losing all grip on any kind of language' drug and also 'go red in the face and think rude thoughts' drug. I think he thinks I am below average in the mental capacity and also nuts :awesome::supersad:

Ghosty Ghost
09-10-2009, 02:15 AM
I think if you fancy someone it's perfectly acceptable to simply say "would you like to go for a drink sometime?" It doesn't have to be a big deal and there's nothing there that overtly says 'I want to get freaky with you'.

Really, the worst that can happen is a crushing rejection :awesome:

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 02:20 AM
I've given up on work guy, I'm just adoring from afar, he's younger than me, and I just don't feel confident enough to ask him anywhere, so I will just leave it :(
:( No! Of course, I'm in no position to criticise you for that since I'd be the same (I am a horrendous hypocrite), but I don't think you should give up. :noey: I know it's really hard to get up the courage, but I think you have lots of reasons to be confident. He would be a very silly guy to say no, in my opinion.

It doesn't sound like you have much to lose. If you just ask him out for a drink, I don't think it'll affect your occasional casual talking too much even if he says no.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 02:21 AM
I think if you fancy someone it's perfectly acceptable to simply say "would you like to go for a drink sometime?" It doesn't have to be a big deal and there's nothing there that overtly says 'I want to get freaky with you'.

That is true.

Are you home early again, sir?

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 02:22 AM
I'm doing research at the moment for an essay about the moral implications of different forms of consent for cadaveric organ procurement. It's so much fun. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to be in desperate need for a drink in an hour or so, but it sounds like all my friends have the flu! I hope it's not THE SWINE.

Ghosty Ghost
09-10-2009, 02:35 AM
That is true.

Are you home early again, sir?
I've been home all of yesterday and today due to work being slow. Clearly I'm making the most of it, yesterday I only left the house to go to the mailbox, and today I haven't even had a shower or got dressed yet :facepalm: I am going to do that now though, so I can walk down to the supermarket and buy cereal.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 02:37 AM
That sounds absolutely outstanding.

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 03:07 AM

Hahha crushing rejection! EEK! I think if I didn't have to work with him I would, but aside from the occasional flirty comment he's made I don't think he is interested.
Oh and his dad is an anaesthetist I work with, who is a big flirt (not creepy though) and therefore also kind of one of my bosses.

:( No! Of course, I'm in no position to criticise you for that since I'd be the same (I am a horrendous hypocrite), but I don't think you should give up. :noey: I know it's really hard to get up the courage, but I think you have lots of reasons to be confident. He would be a very silly guy to say no, in my opinion.

It doesn't sound like you have much to lose. If you just ask him out for a drink, I don't think it'll affect your occasional casual talking too much even if he says no.

It is hard! And I pretty much never make the first move, but then again I only seem to get asked out by weird stalker types that I'm not interested in! :D

And thanks :awesome:

I'm doing research at the moment for an essay about the moral implications of different forms of consent for cadaveric organ procurement. It's so much fun. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to be in desperate need for a drink in an hour or so, but it sounds like all my friends have the flu! I hope it's not THE SWINE.

SUCK! Tell them to harden up and go for a drink!

That actually does sound really interesting. We occasionally do retreivals at work.

I've been home all of yesterday and today due to work being slow. Clearly I'm making the most of it, yesterday I only left the house to go to the mailbox, and today I haven't even had a shower or got dressed yet :facepalm: I am going to do that now though, so I can walk down to the supermarket and buy cereal.

Same! About the pj's thing! I didn't go to work today cause I had a huuuuge headache thorugh the night, and only just had a shower now. Lazy bitch :)

Ghosty Ghost
09-10-2009, 03:32 AM
Wish I'd stayed home in my PJs now actually! It's cold and raining, so it wasn't the most pleasant walk. Actually the way there was fine, but on the way back it had gotten a bit windy so my umbrella was a bit unwieldy and I had to juggle my shopping too. On the plus side I am now enjoying the pixie caramel that I bought.

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Wish I'd stayed home in my PJs now actually! It's cold and raining, so it wasn't the most pleasant walk. Actually the way there was fine, but on the way back it had gotten a bit windy so my umbrella was a bit unwieldy and I had to juggle my shopping too. On the plus side I am now enjoying the pixie caramel that I bought.

Yeah I ventured outside to get the mail in my slippers, and ran both ways! It's COLD!!

I just had a whittakers dark choc bar :) Go the comfort food on a shit day!

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 04:15 AM
I didn't go to work today cause I had a huuuuge headache thorugh the night
Sounds nasty. Feeling better now?

On the plus side I am now enjoying the pixie caramel that I bought.
:awesome:
I should have bought myself something like that on my way home. No night in is complete without some chocolatey delight.

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Sounds nasty. Feeling better now?

:awesome:
I should have bought myself something like that on my way home. No night in is complete without some chocolatey delight.

Mostly, the cold is screwing my dodgy jaw, and also I ate some cashew nuts yesterday :awesome: so totally self inflicted! And is now just a face and jaw ache!

Everyone needs chocolatey goodness!

How long does it take you to subtitle one episode of something? Ages? I imagine it would take ages. And do you just typre it straight in or what? (nosey bitch;) )

What's everyone up to tonight? I've got two of my favourite people in the world coming over to play rockband 2 :dance:

Michelle
09-10-2009, 04:28 AM
Ooh, I felt the 4.3 earthquake 10 km south-east of Castlepoint at about 5.08 pm :awesome:

Well not that exciting really, just thought I'd look it up since there wasn't really enough noise for it to be a loud car/truck passing by :LOL:

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 04:32 AM
How long does it take you to subtitle one episode of something? Ages? I imagine it would take ages. And do you just typre it straight in or what? (nosey bitch;) )
A 30-minute show takes me about 2-3 hours. A 60-minute show usually takes about 5, but the one I was doing last night is going to end up taking longer than that.

I can usually do two or three lines before I have to stop and rewind to catch up, but with this one I was having to rewind every line to try to make out what they were saying. You'd think people in England would be able to properly speak English...but no.

What's everyone up to tonight? I've got two of my favourite people in the world coming over to play rockband 2 :dance:
Sounds awesome! It's looking like a quiet night at home for me, but I'll stay hopeful of rustling something up a bit later on.

Michelle
09-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Mostly, the cold is screwing my dodgy jaw, and also I ate some cashew nuts yesterday :awesome: so totally self inflicted! And is now just a face and jaw ache!

I want some nuts (or even just some monkey nuts). I've only got sweet stuff, nothing savoury to snack on which is getting annoying. And I can't be bothered going out in this weather to the dairy just to spend my 2 bucks on a tiny bag of chips or whatever :rolleyes:

No plans for me tonight, no money to do anything, friends will be studying and I should be as well, but I'll probably end up watching tv or a movie on my computer.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Ooh, I felt the 4.3 earthquake 10 km south-east of Castlepoint at about 5.08 pm :awesome:

Well not that exciting really, just thought I'd look it up since there wasn't really enough noise for it to be a loud car/truck passing by :LOL:
Wow, that is quite exciting. Coming from Auckland, you wouldn't have felt many earthquakes. I know I haven't.

Michelle
09-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Wow, that is quite exciting. Coming from Auckland, you wouldn't have felt many earthquakes. I know I haven't.

Yeah, haha. I've only ever felt them here. I think this was the longest I've felt, rumbling for a bit. But the one in my first year here was the best, it was a pwoper jolt which made you jump :LOL:

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 04:43 AM
A 30-minute show takes me about 2-3 hours. A 60-minute show usually takes about 5, but the one I was doing last night is going to end up taking longer than that.

I can usually do two or three lines before I have to stop and rewind to catch up, but with this one I was having to rewind every line to try to make out what they were saying. You'd think people in England would be able to properly speak English...but no.

Sounds awesome! It's looking like a quiet night at home for me, but I'll stay hopeful of rustling something up a bit later on.

Oh my god! That IS ages! Hard work, I would go cross eyes having to do that I think!

Woh, that is exciting! I've never felt one! I'm the only one in my family who hasn't.

I want some nuts (or even just some monkey nuts). I've only got sweet stuff, nothing savoury to snack on which is getting annoying. And I can't be bothered going out in this weather to the dairy just to spend my 2 bucks on a tiny bag of chips or whatever :rolleyes:

No plans for me tonight, no money to do anything, friends will be studying and I should be as well, but I'll probably end up watching tv or a movie on my computer.

Heh, or goober peas?

It's def not a night to be going ot anywhere anyway, weather is pooh.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 04:46 AM
It's def not a night to be going ot anywhere anyway, weather is pooh.
True that.

Ghosty Ghost
09-10-2009, 04:55 AM
I might see if Jo wants to go out for dinner, as some sort of celebration/commiseration for her last day at work.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 05:04 AM
That sounds like a really good idea. :)

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 05:14 AM
Oh yeah! That sounds awesome and thoughtful!

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
I bought the first season of Pushing Daisies on DVD today. :happy: I thought $27 was really good value for a 3-disc set.

A marathon might be on the cards.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
"It's like acid reflux, but in my eye!"

I love this show.

JoBear
09-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I might see if Jo wants to go out for dinner, as some sort of celebration/commiseration for her last day at work.
:awesome: we had thai.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Sounds great. :happy: Did it cheer you up?

JoBear
09-10-2009, 10:06 AM
yeah i came home in tears so not having to cook dinner was nice.

Tacticalkat
09-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I bought the first season of Pushing Daisies on DVD today. :happy: I thought $27 was really good value for a 3-disc set.

A marathon might be on the cards.

I never saw that show!! But the ads always looked so good!! always missed it!

:awesome: we had thai.

yeah i came home in tears so not having to cook dinner was nice.

Awww, hugs for you!

Hope you had a great dinner !:)

darkshineskitty
09-10-2009, 11:34 AM
details for Kitty!]I met him through a friend at a party, thought he was cute nad such, but his friend told me he batted for the other side, so I didn't persue anything, obviously.

Met him again at the same friend's house warming a few months later, thought he was still cute and was confused when he sort of flirted with me..... put my foot in it with him and he told me he is actually straight (apparently this group of friends think it's funny to tell people random untrue things about people in their group)

Another girl there was throwing herself at him so I just let it go.
Saw him a couple of times in a group at quiz night, got along well with him etc.

He did the facebook add thing and asked me to hang out with him, about three times as with my work and his work it just never worked out, so last night was finally a night we were both able to do.

It was fun, no awkwardness until the whole dropping me home thing where I just leapt from the car almost before it had even stopped, ahahah;)

Hmmm, he was easy to talk to, and seems nice! And he's just text and said hed like to hang out again.

Aw he sounds cute :happy: Seems like you got along well together. Haha yeah I know what you mean about the leaping into the car thing. With my ex-boyfriend, one time we were at party at his place and when it came time for me to go home, I went to kiss him on the cheek, and he thought I was going for the lips, and it was uber awkward :facepalm: :LOL:

The work guy is my 'losing all grip on any kind of language' drug and also 'go red in the face and think rude thoughts' drug. I think he thinks I am below average in the mental capacity and also nuts :awesome::supersad:

He sounds cute too :chuckle: Is he the dreamy doctor type? :LOL:

:LOL: well when you put it like that...

I got my BDO ticket today :awesome: I hope my friend who said she would come gets hers soon because I don't want them to sell out before she has one.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I got mine too. :happy:

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
09-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Alright thanks :happy: Played rockband with friends all evening.

Did you guys hear about how NASA is going to smash some spaceships into the moon to try and discover water?

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah I saw that on the news. Would be a bit of an expensive disappointment if they didn't find any.

darkshineskitty
09-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah I saw that on the news. Would be a bit of an expensive disappointment if they didn't find any.

Yeah, talk about it! Those spaceships are so expensive! What a waste tbh. I mean who really wants to live on the moon anyway?
Apparently its already happened, btw :LOL:

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
How would they justify it if they don't find anything? "Um, sorry about that. Our bad. It was spectacular though, wasn't it?"

darkshineskitty
09-10-2009, 12:00 PM
How would they justify it if they don't find anything? "Um, sorry about that. Our bad. It was spectacular though, wasn't it?"

Yeah pretty much I guess.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 12:05 PM
So what are your plans for the weekend?

darkshineskitty
09-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Not sure- should probably get started on an essay that I thought was due this week but then found out wasn't, and promptly did nothing about for the week :LOL:

You?

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM

I'll probably go to uni tomorrow and work on my essays/waste time on Facebook all day.

darkshineskitty
09-10-2009, 12:18 PM

I'll probably go to uni tomorrow and work on my essays/waste time on Facebook all day.

That's a good idea. The uni and essay thing I mean, not wasting time on Facebook :LOL: Uni on the weekend is a bit intense though

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, but I don't have much choice - two 5000-word essays to do and only a week and a half left until they're both due (on the same day, conveniently enough).

Hopefully one of my friends will be around though and we can have a break and go for a drink or something. Facebook can be really mentally exhausting, after all.

_Ed_
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Anyway, bed now for me. Good luck with your essay if you do get started on it tomorrow.

Night. :)

darkshineskitty
09-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, but I don't have much choice - two 5000-word essays to do and only a week and a half left until they're both due (on the same day, conveniently enough).

Hopefully one of my friends will be around though and we can have a break and go for a drink or something. Facebook can be really mentally exhausting, after all.

Oh snap :stunned: That's pretty lame.
Haha yeah, you'll need a break from a hard day of Facebooking :LOL:

Anyway, bed now for me. Good luck with your essay if you do get started on it tomorrow.

Night. :)

Thanks, good luck for your essays :happy:
Night

Michelle
10-10-2009, 02:10 AM
Did you guys hear about how NASA is going to smash some spaceships into the moon to try and discover water?

Yeah, talk about it! Those spaceships are so expensive! What a waste tbh. I mean who really wants to live on the moon anyway?
Apparently its already happened, btw :LOL:

Woah, I hadn't yet heard about the smashing part :LOL:

They want the water for potentially turning it into fuel and stuff so the spaceships might be able to go further. I want to see the movie Moon, where the guy living on the moon starts going crazy or weird stuff starts happening. It was only played in the cinemas for a couple days during the film festival and not at good times.

Anyway, what a storm last night. The wind shook the house more than the earthquake. My flatmate stayed home so we ended up watching movies and having some drinks.

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Alright thanks :happy: Played rockband with friends all evening.

I've been playing that all day too! Even though I should have been essaying.. I got stuck with nine inch nails and gave up after 4 or 5 goes..

Does anyone else read questionable content? http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1 i've been reading them for awhile now and I find that when I feel the need to procrastinate I read a few.. There are so many and I find it funny... Ok... Back to essay. Semester is nearly finished! Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Ghosty Ghost
10-10-2009, 07:07 AM
You still studying geography?

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 07:37 AM
No... I found that it wasn't really my cup of tea. I'm now focusing on political science, biology and economics... So it'll take me awhile.. What are you doing again?

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm now focusing on political science
:D
Sounds intense with biology and economics as well though.

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 07:48 AM
yeah... it's going to be loong road. My grades are kinda falling ... I think I am losing motivation... Burning out.. But this semester is going to be different! lol. And I know that YOU are doing law. The thing that kept me away from that is the huuuge course reader that UC law students lug around..

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Well, I was doing law. I missed out on the average mark I needed to keep doing it by 0.1. So it's back to Politics for me. Loving it.

This semester's going to be different? You haven't got much time left, have you?

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 08:00 AM
No... But it's not too late to turn things around!! lol... Despite feeling like crap... lol. If I keep telling myself it'll work! I was thinking of going into honours with pols but realised I might be here for 6 ish years all up anyway. Are you taking honours or something of the like?

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm doing a postgrad diploma, which is basically the same thing as Honours. I might go on to Masters next year, or back to Law. We'll see.

And that is true, it's never too late to turn it around. Why are you feeling like crap?

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't know... Maybe I'm not sleeping well or eating right? but I have headaches everyday and have developed a thought that all my bottom teeth are going to fall out. I know it can't be true. It doesn't stop my tongue running along my teeth to make sure though.

What part of Political Science interests you?

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 08:05 AM
That doesn't sound good. :( I hope those headaches go away, it must be awful to get them every day.

NZ politics interests me the most, but the lecturer's not taking those classes this year, so I'm doing a weird mix of other stuff. I'm enjoying the public policy and health course the most. Are you specialising in anything?

JoBear
10-10-2009, 08:10 AM
evening all...when i was doing my undergrad, foreign policy was my favourite politics subject. especially during the cold war.

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm interested in political economy, international relations...

I thought I had finished my biol part of my degree but found out a few weeks ago that I hadn't done enough points during 2nd year. *sigh*

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey Jo! I wasn't aware you were a polsci student! Did you do anything else? What are you doing now?

JoBear
10-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey Jo! I wasn't aware you were a polsci student! Did you do anything else? What are you doing now?
We call it Political Studies at Otago :awesome: I did a double major with Gender Studies.

At the moment, working a dull insurance job and was doing a postgrad thing at Victoria part time in Public Policy last semester hoping to get into a graduate analyst job eventually. Done half the certificate but its quite expensive and all the fees at increasing at Vic next year. Ideally, would be nice to do the Masters (easiest Masters ever apparently!) but I'd rather find an employer who'd pay for it (ie. my economics paper, there were a bunch of ministry of economic development staff who were made to do it and were incredibly annoying).

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Yeah my friend who did a politics-economics conjoint likes the political economy stuff. It makes sense if you're good at both of those, but it goes over my head.

I like international relations and foreign policy, but I get annoyed at the focus on theoretical perspectives in that stuff - constructivism, realism, neorealism, liberalism, neoliberalism...ugh.

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Awesome! Good luck with that! So you are now in Wellington?

JoBear
10-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah my friend who did a politics-economics conjoint likes the political economy stuff. It makes sense if you're good at both of those, but it goes over my head.

I like international relations and foreign policy, but I get annoyed at the focus on theoretical perspectives in that stuff - constructivism, realism, neorealism, liberalism, neoliberalism...ugh.
Even though I passed my Economic public policy paper...I still don't get any of it. I don't know how anyone can enjoy Economics.

Political philosophy is one thing I avoided like the plague at University.

MistressMary
10-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Yeah. Those parts are kind of a bore for me as well.

I really like the idea of microcredits... XD

JoBear
10-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Awesome! Good luck with that! So you are now in Wellington?
Nope, still in Christchurch. It's a post experience course taught in modules, so I would go to Wellington every six weeks for a 8 hour lecture for each paper. It was a good way to do it. I had class Wednesday and Friday so I'd have 5 days up there normally and stay with Oren's dad. My work wouldn't let me have leave for my law paper this semester so I dropped it...looked hardcore from the course reader anyway but would've been interesting as it was taken by Geoffery Palmer's son. Was quite awkward on Tuesdays as well, would've been flying up the Monday, back the Tuesday night if I had taken it.

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I hear there was chaos at TVNZ tonight. They were going to show a movie tonight about a kid that gets abducted. They had an ad for it during the news, people complained that it was a tad inappropriate, and they decided to change the movie to Marie Antoinette.

JoBear
10-10-2009, 09:42 AM
i noticed that.

see stuff's article about problems with their international bandwidth? it was titled "stuff's bandwidth tsunami"

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh dear.

Winston Peters called Asian immigration a tsunami in his speech this week. Not a good choice of words there.

JoBear
10-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Oh dear.

Winston Peters called Asian immigration a tsunami in his speech this week. Not a good choice of words there.
Although you wouldn't expect any more of him. Half the people in the room he spoke to will probably be dead by the next election.

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 09:46 AM
That is most likely true. No more baubles for Winston. I like that word.

JoBear
10-10-2009, 09:47 AM
i feel like toast. can i be bothered going to the kitchen to make it though?

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 09:53 AM
It is quite a journey.

JoBear
10-10-2009, 10:06 AM
and i made it :happy:

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 10:11 AM
You've done well.

Did you attire yourself suitably for the expedition, like John has here?
http://static.stuff.co.nz/1233108507/885/160885.jpg

Tacticalkat
10-10-2009, 10:25 AM
You've done well.

Did you attire yourself suitably for the expedition, like John has here?
http://static.stuff.co.nz/1233108507/885/160885.jpg

Oh my.......:eek:

Howdy all! How are we?
I was meant to go horse riding with the girls but the weather was poo so went climbing and watched three movies instead.

And two were just brilliant!

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 10:28 AM
What movies were they?

I'm exhausted - I did more than 4000 words of one of my essays at uni this afternoon. I was going flat out all afternoon in case that girl came online, so I would have done enough to justify stopping and inviting her for a drink. :LOL: Lame.

darkshineskitty
10-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Woah, I hadn't yet heard about the smashing part :LOL:

They want the water for potentially turning it into fuel and stuff so the spaceships might be able to go further. I want to see the movie Moon, where the guy living on the moon starts going crazy or weird stuff starts happening. It was only played in the cinemas for a couple days during the film festival and not at good times.

Anyway, what a storm last night. The wind shook the house more than the earthquake. My flatmate stayed home so we ended up watching movies and having some drinks.

It's going to be released in the normal cinemas soon though I think :happy: It looks really good.

I've been playing that all day too! Even though I should have been essaying.. I got stuck with nine inch nails and gave up after 4 or 5 goes..

Its so much fun! I failed at drums though, vocals was my weapon of choice. Did Creep by Radiohead, lol.

What movies were they?

I'm exhausted - I did more than 4000 words of one of my essays at uni this afternoon. I was going flat out all afternoon in case that girl came online, so I would have done enough to justify stopping and inviting her for a drink. :LOL: Lame.

:LOL: aw that's nice. I like that you're taking a chance!

I watched Mamma Mia earlier :LOL: I really like musicals, but fuck me sideways was this one hard out :stunned: Everyone overacts to the point of being painful. It's like too many big personalities and wide eyes at once. But the music was great :happy:

My computer just completely froze up before for no reason and I had to turn it off and then on again :stunned: Hope that doesn't happen again, it's probably not a sign of good things.

Tacticalkat
10-10-2009, 10:37 AM
What movies were they?

Woah that IS hardcore! Good on you though! Did she come online? You have to ask her out since you gave me the same advice! :p

We watched,' Nick and Norahs infinite playlist' which was really cute and witty and fun, and gross and I really enjoyed it. I love Michael Cera, he is the man! I want a guy like him, awesome awkward geek type :)

Second was 'Let the Right One In' a subtitled (unexpected) Swedish vampiresque-horror-romance.
I don't usually do very well with subtitles, but this was outstanding. The dialogue was minimal and the storyline very compelling, it really got me and I would totally recommend it!

The other was 'Solstice' a stereotypical college thriller type thing that was good for some mindless entertainment after the heavy thinking one we watched before!

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 10:38 AM
I watched Mamma Mia earlier :LOL: I really like musicals, but fuck me sideways was this one hard out :stunned:

Tacticalkat
10-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Its so much fun! I failed at drums though, vocals was my weapon of choice. Did Creep by Radiohead, lol.

:LOL: aw that's nice. I like that you're taking a chance!

I watched Mamma Mia earlier :LOL: I really like musicals, but fuck me sideways was this one hard out :stunned: Everyone overacts to the point of being painful. It's like too many big personalities and wide eyes at once. But the music was great :happy:

My computer just completely froze up before for no reason and I had to turn it off and then on again :stunned: Hope that doesn't happen again, it's probably not a sign of good things.

Hahha I can get 100% expert vocals on that song, not sure why, can't sing to save myself but can somehow trick the rock band.
Drums are too hard! Bass is where I rock out!

Gulp, hope the comp is ok!

_Ed_
10-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Woah that IS hardcore! Good on you though! Did she come online? You have to ask her out since you gave me the same advice! :p
I set myself up for that. And nah, she didn't. But at least I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be on my essays. :happy:

Second was 'Let the Right One In' a subtitled (unexpected) Swedish vampiresque-horror-romance.
I don't usually do very well with subtitles, but this was outstanding. The dialogue was minimal and the storyline very compelling, it really got me and I would totally recommend it!
That's the only one of those three I'd heard anything about, and I'd heard it was really good. Have to see it now.

Tacticalkat
10-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I set myself up for that. And nah, she didn't. But at least I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be on my essays. :happy:

That's the only one of those three I'd heard anything about, and I'd heard it was really good. Have to see it now.

It really was that good! And I normally switch off with subtitles. It's one of those ones I will think about for a while.

Yes, yes you did set yourself up for that, but that's GOOD! You can dooo itttt! :)

And awesome about the essay!