PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Michelle
25-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Four in a row by me. I should be ashamed. :noey:

But I do have to vent my frustration at my uni supervisor. I sent him an email on Monday asking what time suited him for me to go in and discuss my dissertation. He said "any time Thurs is good". So I go up to his office today, which you might notice is Thursday (or Thurs, in lecturer lingo), and what do I see? A sign on his door saying "not in Thursday".

I've been stood up. :(

I came in early for work specifically to see him, and now I've got nothing to do for almost two hours.

Academics, honestly.

That's a pain in the bum :(

_Ed_
25-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Well there are many options to prevent rain-induced drippy hair with out taking a towel. Lets see. You could wear a hoodie or a hat. If you take a backpack, there is also the option of taking a small umbrella or raincoat.

But that may not be helpful at all since I guess the point is that you don't want to take anything with you to uni :LOL:
Those are all suggestions worth considering. But I think I'd be a hypocrite if I took an umbrella, because I spend a lot of the time muttering about them being an offensive weapon and calling the people who haphazardly open them up when walking out of sheltered areas dangerous lunatics, so...

Oh that's good to hear. Is it just going away by itslf with no intervention?
There was some natural seepage, and I encouraged it a little bit. Sorry if that's too much information!

:awesome: Have you noticed it's the same date as White Lies last year? This will be another nice day-before-my-birthday treat if I get to go.
I hadn't noticed that, but you're right! That's a coincidence. Don't like the Powerstation as much as the Studio though. But I'm looking forward to it. :D

My supervisor has found a project on bellbirds that I could work on. The leader from kokako recovery team said there isn't much going on with kokako at the moment since they are doing well but she is going to be involved with the translocation of bellbirds from Tiritiri and Tawharanui to Motuihe Is, Waiheke Is, and Hamilton. All the birds are going to have transmitters put on them so I could follow their post-release on Motuihe. I'm going to talk to my supervisor at 3 but I've just been looking up things and Motuihe has quite an interesting history with being used for quarantine during some influenza outbreak and as a detention camp during the war :erm:. It's quite a small island (it's betwen Rangtitoto and Waiheke) but it has daily boat visits which is good to know for getting there and back.

And bellbirds will be good to work with of course. I caught a whole lot of them when I was on Little Barrier Is and they make cool noises :happy:

Plus attitude:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Bellbird_Aug_2007.jpg
"What you looking at?"
:chuckle:
That's really awesome! :awesome: Sounds fantastic. I must admit I hardly know anything at all about Motuihe, so that's news to me, and it sounds like such an interesting history. I hope you enjoy it.

Michelle
25-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Those are all suggestions worth considering. But I think I'd be a hypocrite if I took an umbrella, because I spend a lot of the time muttering about them being an offensive weapon and calling the people who haphazardly open them up when walking out of sheltered areas dangerous lunatics, so...

Hmm, well a hat or light rain jacket may be the less offensive options then :LOL:

There was some natural seepage, and I encouraged it a little bit. Sorry if that's too much information!

No, it's not too much for me. Always good to know about these things if I ever came across something similar.

I hadn't noticed that, but you're right! That's a coincidence. Don't like the Powerstation as much as the Studio though. But I'm looking forward to it. :D

I haven't been to the powerstation since my first concert there about 2003/04.

That's really awesome! :awesome: Sounds fantastic. I must admit I hardly know anything at all about Motuihe, so that's news to me, and it sounds like such an interesting history. I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah, same here. I wasn't even sure where it was before googling it :rolleyes:

Ugh, I went to the lab to go on computers there while waiting for my supervisor but the internet was on the fritz so I came back to the computer lab. Only 10 minutes til I'll have to go back now :facepalm:

_Ed_
25-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Ugh, I went to the lab to go on computers there while waiting for my supervisor but the internet was on the fritz so I came back to the computer lab. Only 10 minutes til I'll have to go back now :facepalm:
Annoying!

I might go and get some food before work. I feel like a pie. Like eating one, not similar to one. Just in case I needed to clear that up.

t.gypsy
25-03-2010, 01:54 AM
why is it when one of the muse guys post on this board we down under seems to be the ones that is able to take a look at what was said by the band member and take into coonsideration what was said and then make some co herrent sense.. Yes that might of been a babble but hell if that was the sort of babble he does while drunk all the more reason to get him to the nearest pub makes a heck of a lot interesting convo... I would have to hold myself up in the conversational department to compete at his level lol.

I knitted my first baby jumper didnt go so well i didnt bother to finish sewing it up lol its as crooked as hell and the sleeves are like one here the other down here lol.

Can some run me through what you have been up to as i havent been around much

Michelle
25-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Annoying!

I might go and get some food before work. I feel like a pie. Like eating one, not similar to one. Just in case I needed to clear that up.

Mmm, pie. I have apple crumble left over from last night to have for pudding again tonight. Not exactly a pie, but it's close enough :LOL:

why is it when one of the muse guys post on this board we down under seems to be the ones that is able to take a look at what was said by the band member and take into coonsideration what was said and then make some co herrent sense.. Yes that might of been a babble but hell if that was the sort of babble he does while drunk all the more reason to get him to the nearest pub makes a heck of a lot interesting convo... I would have to hold myself up in the conversational department to compete at his level lol.

I knitted my first baby jumper didnt go so well i didnt bother to finish sewing it up lol its as crooked as hell and the sleeves are like one here the other down here lol.

Can some run me through what you have been up to as i havent been around much

Hmm, I haven't seen any Muse banter lately or was that just a general rant on when such a thing happens? Lol. But yes, people can get overly excited when they post.

That's a shame your jumper didn't work out.

And there hasn't really been much going on in here.

I may get to go to Motuihe next week to help (or just learn really) about radio transmitters as they are going to work out where the best reception is so the birds can be released in areas where we would be able to track them. So yeah, this new project sounds promising, it all just has to be officially confirmed that the people who are translocating the birds will be happy with me participating. There is one potential downfall where the birds may not stay on the island but there there may be a plan B which is always good to hear. My supervisor has done quite a bit of work on bellbird dialect/songs so it will be good having all her work to integrate with mine.

Super Sammy!
25-03-2010, 03:06 AM
Someone from Muse talked on the board again? :eek:

_Ed_
25-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Not as far as I'm aware.

In my experience, that's a once-every-five-years phenomenon.

t.gypsy
25-03-2010, 05:35 AM
http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=65654

Is the said thread and i bet you guys already had seen it long before i had even bothered to look at it. I never knew this was the man himself i thought it was someone using it as a user name..

And michelle i hope it all goes well and so you know they are also releasing some bellbirds in rocky bay on the island and i am sure i read they said they will be tagged with the transmitters too, would you like me to keep the article for your reference at all??

darkshineskitty
25-03-2010, 07:40 AM
http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=65654

Is the said thread and i bet you guys already had seen it long before i had even bothered to look at it. I never knew this was the man himself i thought it was someone using it as a user name..

Oh yeah, that's quite old. 'MattB' is really Matt's account, and there's also 'ChrisW' and 'DomH', which are authentic accounts.

Today went downhill rapidly. I had an appointment in the morning, so went to pick up my mum from work and when I was waiting I parked in the Domain. But then my car wouldn't start. We had to taxi to the appointment and then taxi back, and then I had to go to the hospital to use their phonebook while Mum went back to work (its on Symonds St) so she walked. Then State Insurance wouldn't tow my car for free, so I had to ring the towing company. I didn't have any cash so had to walk back to Symonds to get cash from my mum. It was $70 dollars! Then I had to go with the tow guy to a mechanic, and leave my car there! SO ANNOYING. They think its the starter motor, or the battery.

_Ed_
25-03-2010, 07:45 AM
God, that's a nightmare of a day. :( And so infuriating. Hope you at least didn't get caught in any of those heavy showers we had today while you were doing that walk.

Super Sammy!
25-03-2010, 09:18 AM
I hate days where everything just goes wrong. There was a day a few months back where my granddad had a stroke, and the same day, my laptop decided to shit itself completely... As well as that, I had a bad day at school and I was ill :(

darkshineskitty
25-03-2010, 10:48 AM
God, that's a nightmare of a day. :( And so infuriating. Hope you at least didn't get caught in any of those heavy showers we had today while you were doing that walk.

I did! I got caught in quite a few showers and I was wearing shoes that were just slip-on, so my feet got all wet. Not as badly as the other day at uni though. Just the other night it rained so strongly that I got soaked just going to my car from a front door! It was ridiculous, like I'd been in the shower!

Yeah Sammy, some times there are just those days where heaps of bad things happen at once. There's a page on facebook called 'life is like a dick, sometimes it gets hard for no reason' :LOL:

Hey Michelle and Rich, you guys like The Temper Trap, right? What do you think about this cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRn-tNb8-mA

I really like it. It seems like it would be a nice wedding song :chuckle:

_Ed_
25-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I did! I got caught in quite a few showers and I was wearing shoes that were just slip-on, so my feet got all wet.
Unlucky! :( That's the last thing you need when you're already having a horrible day.

Not as badly as the other day at uni though. Just the other night it rained so strongly that I got soaked just going to my car from a front door! It was ridiculous, like I'd been in the shower!
It's no fun at all being out in those epic downpours, but it gets to the point where all you can do is laugh.

Hey Michelle and Rich, you guys like The Temper Trap, right? What do you think about this cover?

That's interesting, quite different to the original. I like it too, thanks for posting it. :) And yeah, I agree about it being a nice wedding song, but I have to say I also think the original would be.

darkshineskitty
25-03-2010, 11:15 AM
That's interesting, quite different to the original. I like it too, thanks for posting it. :) And yeah, I agree about it being a nice wedding song, but I have to say I also think the original would be.

Oh yeah me too, but I do really like this too because the arrangement is really nice and her voice sounds really good I think.

_Ed_
25-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah, definitely. Must admit I haven't heard of her. :unsure:

t.gypsy
25-03-2010, 08:23 PM
i havent heard of her either but she sounds interesting.

Now i am making a caramel cake and a roast beef pie whose on thier way over????

Michelle
26-03-2010, 12:04 AM
And michelle i hope it all goes well and so you know they are also releasing some bellbirds in rocky bay on the island and i am sure i read they said they will be tagged with the transmitters too, would you like me to keep the article for your reference at all??

Thanks! That sounds like that is part of the translocation that I will be part of. What was that article in?

That's a nice cover. It isn't as catchy as the original, but would be nice for something like a wedding. And I join the 'not knowing who she is" club either :LOL:

Now i am making a caramel cake and a roast beef pie whose on thier way over????

:eek: Me!! :LOL:

The caramel cake sounds good. I've got steak marinating at home for dinner though.

JoBear
26-03-2010, 05:25 AM
i've just cut up some potatoes into wedges and about to breadcrumb a fuckload of blue cod :awesome:

JoBear
26-03-2010, 05:25 AM
and with my leave and easter, only 13 working days left at work and no full weeks.

_Ed_
26-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Both of the above are worthy of a :awesome: response.

In fact, they deserve one each.

:awesome: :awesome:

JoBear
26-03-2010, 06:03 AM
3 in total!

_Ed_
26-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Not at all over the top.

Spent the afternoon with my sister. :happy: First time we've done something with just the two of us in a really long time. It was great. Really needed it.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

t.gypsy
26-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks! That sounds like that is part of the translocation that I will be part of. What was that article in?

That's a nice cover. It isn't as catchy as the original, but would be nice for something like a wedding. And I join the 'not knowing who she is" club either :LOL:

:eek: Me!! :LOL:

The caramel cake sounds good. I've got steak marinating at home for dinner though.

The caramel cake went ok lol i havent done it in like 10years lost the original but i know next time i do it, it will work fine. And the article was in the waiheke marketplace and they said they are being released in the rocky bay area, if i am not greatly mistaken i think they have an online webpage dont know if they would have the article on there but i will cut the article out and keep on hand for when we meet, most prolly when muse comes back here or sooner lol

Not at all over the top.

Spent the afternoon with my sister. :happy: First time we've done something with just the two of us in a really long time. It was great. Really needed it.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

Work..... thats the plan.

JoBear
26-03-2010, 07:50 AM
no big plans really...should probably sort out some of our boxes and things.

t.gypsy
26-03-2010, 07:51 AM
no big plans really...should probably sort out some of our boxes and things.

still unpacking how long has it been about a week or something??

darkshineskitty
26-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Yeah, definitely. Must admit I haven't heard of her. :unsure:

I don't know who she is either :LOL:

I felt really sick at one point last night :( Like I seriously thought I might throw up.

But I discovered today that I'm only going to have 2 days of uni next semester! :LOL:

JoBear
26-03-2010, 07:58 AM
still unpacking how long has it been about a week or something??
no we're not unpacking, we're putting it into storage in the garage here. there's a bit of tetris required.

t.gypsy
26-03-2010, 07:58 AM
I don't know who she is either :LOL:

I felt really sick at one point last night :( Like I seriously thought I might throw up.

But I discovered today that I'm only going to have 2 days of uni next semester! :LOL:

Are you feeling a bit better now?? that dont sound too good when that happens. Yes its easter next week its seems to me the year is coming around quickly

JoBear
26-03-2010, 08:11 AM
kitty - what's some good ds games?! need a new one or two for the plane.

_Ed_
26-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Whoa. :LOL: :awesome:

Hope you're feeling better.

darkshineskitty
26-03-2010, 08:25 AM
kitty - what's some good ds games?! need a new one or two for the plane.

Depends what you're into. Professor Layton is a good puzzle game, and Pokemon is always a entertaining and addictive experience. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is the one I'm playing at the moment. It falls between the two main games so you might not understand all the plot and have to fill in some gaps yourself (I read the Wikipedia before I played), but its still really fun. Mario Kart or Mario Party are good for simple gaming. Did you try out The World Ends With You?

What kind of genre do you like?

Whoa. :LOL: :awesome:

Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks, I am now. I think it was either too much chocolate, or the reheated chicken.

JoBear
26-03-2010, 08:37 AM
haha...i don't even know. after playing gta chinatown wars first, seems everything is inferior in it's shadow.

nah, i haven't had any new games since scribblenauts. was trying to remember what that game was called!

_Ed_
26-03-2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.geekologie.com/2010/01/08/dapper-1.jpg
A level of cool that I can only dream of attaining.

darkshineskitty
26-03-2010, 11:48 AM
haha...i don't even know. after playing gta chinatown wars first, seems everything is inferior in it's shadow.

nah, i haven't had any new games since scribblenauts. was trying to remember what that game was called!

I dunno then. I guess that's sort of free form action/adventure... you might like Kingdom Hearts. That's not as free form but its got lots of weapon wielding and customisation. But the storyline might be too Disney for you (since it is based in worlds from various Disney films). Have a look on Gamespot.com at action/adventure games, or just scour the top 10.
Oh, have you tried Phantom Hourglass? That's fun.

_Ed_
26-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I had a brief moment of terror at work yesterday. I was captioning an interview on Close Up with the Wiggles. This in itself was unpleasant - take some deep breaths and slow the hell down, lads.

Anyway, at one point in the interview, Mark Sainsbury brandished a Wiggles skivvy ominously. It looked distinctly as if he might be going to put it on.

Can you imagine? :stunned:

_Ed_
27-03-2010, 12:24 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7065824.ece

Noticed the name of the writer of this article? Highly appropriate. :chuckle:

t.gypsy
27-03-2010, 01:51 AM
hey what is the iq of someone asking a person if the square looking thing on a big tray next to the toaster if it was bread????

JoBear
27-03-2010, 04:11 AM
was it bread or toast?

t.gypsy
27-03-2010, 04:21 AM
was it bread or toast?

bread, and it was like a large oblong tray where we present the breads for people to put in the toaster, and this idiot asked me if the stuff on the tray was bread, maybe he had a genuine reason if someone could give me one i'd love to hear it but its like come on use the comonsense mate.

Me Rug I Sty
27-03-2010, 06:32 AM
We had a good day in the Cricket. How long before we choke?

_Ed_
28-03-2010, 03:20 AM
It's gone a bit to poo today.

The news tonight has a story about beer prices, and it follows that with one about some cocktail world cup thing. And it links the two by saying "from beer to something more sophisticated."

I am incensed. :mad:

_Ed_
28-03-2010, 04:27 AM
One plus about the super city is we'll be rid of the public-urinating, drink-driving, John Key-stalking North Shore mayor.

Good riddance. I didn't vote for him. Hadn't even heard of him until he won the bloody election.

MistressMary
28-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Oh yes, I saw a bit about that this evening.. I wasn't really paying attention. But how does someone like that get to where he is in the first place? It's saddening that our leaders can be so irresponsible..

OH! I used to watch the daily show but c4's not showing it anymore (grr..) *shakes fists at those who invest in sky*

Your pic reminded me, Ed.

_Ed_
28-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Yeah, that sucks. :( Awesome, awesome show.

I find it funny that they've made a news story about the first-ever taser usage in the South Island. A momentous event! :LOL: I wonder if the guy can go on a motivational speaking tour now. "I was the first one ever to get the fuck zapped out of me. You too can aspire to this level of fame one day."

darkshineskitty
28-03-2010, 08:54 AM
OH! I used to watch the daily show but c4's not showing it anymore (grr..) *shakes fists at those who invest in sky*

:awesome:

One plus about the super city is we'll be rid of the public-urinating, drink-driving, John Key-stalking North Shore mayor.

Good riddance. I didn't vote for him. Hadn't even heard of him until he won the bloody election.

Unless he becomes mayor of the super-city

_Ed_
28-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Unless he becomes mayor of the super-city
:stunned:
He was polling at 0.7% before this peeing and drink-driving incident, though, so that's probably not a scenario we have to worry too much about.

_Ed_
28-03-2010, 10:34 PM
My uni supervisor is proving elusive. He's not in today either!

Sod this. I'm off to give blood.

JoBear
29-03-2010, 09:38 AM
sounds like he's pretty useless already!

_Ed_
29-03-2010, 09:55 AM
He's Canadian.

Found out today it's the mid-semester break on Friday. Fuck.

Words written: 0
Words to write: 10,000

:unsure:

_Ed_
30-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Ricky Martin's gay. Who knew?

I don't know why it's a big deal that he's just come out. I thought he came out in his music videos a few years ago.

But no, good on him for coming out of his largely transparent closet.

JoBear
30-03-2010, 05:41 AM
it's funny when people come out and you think "i thought you already did?" like george michael.

_Ed_
30-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Haha, yes.

Especially when it coincides with an epic slide in fame and relevance.

_Ed_
30-03-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm doing an awful documentary at work called The Man with Half a Body.

It took a minute and 6 seconds to get to the big question - "does he still have private parts?" :stunned:

And these private parts have been mentioned five times in the first three minutes.

This is highly unpleasant.

t.gypsy
30-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Ricky Martin's gay. Who knew?

I don't know why it's a big deal that he's just come out. I thought he came out in his music videos a few years ago.

But no, good on him for coming out of his largely transparent closet.

a long time ricky martin fan was trying to tell me he never was gay lmao and she told me that matt was and so on and now this comes out i am like omg :LOL::LOL:

but anyhow heres a fangirly moment i am the most pathetic one of the bunch of us lol i am now officially on matts myspace page *waits for the backlash*

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Sometimes being around other postgrads at uni makes me feel so normal by comparison. :chuckle:

Today I went to the entrance to the postgrad arts lab (or "the lair", as I like to call it...always wanted to have a place I go to that I could call the lair. I do realise that this has done my claim to being normal some serious damage). Anyway, there were four or five people standing there looking very frustrated. Then I noticed a large sign on the lift door, "Lift not responding. Maintenance on their way."

Wonder how long they'd been standing there!

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 05:33 AM
http://visibility911.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/phantom-scooby-doo-unmask-1.jpg
I would've gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Today I went to the entrance to the postgrad arts lab (or "the lair", as I like to call it...always wanted to have a place I go to that I could call the lair. I do realise that this has done my claim to being normal some serious damage).

My friends and I have a spot at Shadows that we call 'the Batcave'.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 05:40 AM
My friends and I have a spot at Shadows that we call 'the Batcave'.
Is it that hidden-ish booth right next to the second bar?

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 05:46 AM
Is it that hidden-ish booth right next to the second bar?

No. THERE IS NOTHING THERE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. YOU SAW NOTHING.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Understood.

Sir Toire
31-03-2010, 06:18 AM
JeSuS cHrIsT iTs A LiOn GeT iN tHe CaR

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 06:24 AM
:erm:

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Jesus Christ its a lion get in the car

I never understood where that joke came from.

Also, type normally or gtfo.

JoBear
31-03-2010, 06:33 AM
i was thinking of that stupid summit ad

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Also, type normally or gtfo.
:yesey:

JoBear
31-03-2010, 06:39 AM
i called to apologise to a customer for being so slack dealing with a claim and he told me i was lovely and not to worry he knew how busy i was. :$ it was so weird, made me feel even more guilty so not getting it sorted sooner.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 06:41 AM
:(
It's not your fault though, you really have been busy lately.

cookie
31-03-2010, 07:13 AM
maori tv are broadcasting the tua fight live from trust stadium tonight. brings back the muse gig memory.
is there any new news about possilble gigs later this year?

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 07:15 AM
I haven't heard anything yet, but I think they've only announced gigs as far as September.

How are you, Chris?

cookie
31-03-2010, 07:37 AM
good thanks, and yourself?

did you hear the T20 world cup squad today? it sounded quite good (especially compared to our test side :noey:)

ICC T20 World Cup squad: Daniel Vettori, Shane Bond, Ian Butler, Martin Guptill, Gareth Hopkins, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Rob Nicol, Jacob Oram, Aaron Redmond, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Yeah that looks good to me. Rob Nicol's a bit of a surprise, but he has played well since he moved to Canterbury. Has disastrous hair, but that's not necessarily a guide to cricketing ability.

I'm OK thanks. The usual, really. Bit nervous about having to do something at uni in two and a half months that most people do in a year, but that's my own fault!

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't know if anyone here watches Lost, but I do, and I'm beginning to get annoyed with the 'lets not ask any questions at opportune moments' scriptwriting. Let me give you an example: (contains spoilers)

Why does no one question that Locke is the black smoke monster? At least 3 people know it, if not more. And yet no one thinks to ask him anything! Even when they have the chance. They just go along with his plans because he's going to "get them off the island" apparently. Here's some questions I would be asking:
How did he get Locke's form? Why Locke? What is the smoke actually made of? Why does it make that weird noise? How come he's stuck on the island? How long has he been there for? How did her get there? Why can't he just get on the plane/sub himself? Why not just float over to the other island and kill everyone there, then take the plane/sub? How does he know Jacob? Who was on the island first? How does he know Richard? Why is he trying to get others off the island too? How can you kill him? (granted, he might not want to answer that one).
SERIOUSLY. ASK HIM SOMETHING. Instead its just "I know you all have questions, and I promise to make myself available to answer them... but for now, we have to keep moving." FUCK OFF. NO YOU DON'T. WALK AND ANSWER QUESTIONS AT THE SAME TIME. YOU SAT DOWN FOR A CHAT WITH KATE FFS.

Now I don't actually want to be told any of these things by people- I want to see the answers revealed for myself in the show. So don't spoil them :LOL: I just wanted to rant.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't really watch Lost, so the amount of sense that rant made to me was somewhere between zero and minimal. But this is the place to rant, and it's the place where rants are always read. :yesey:

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't really watch Lost, so the amount of sense that rant made to me was somewhere between zero and minimal. But this is the place to rant, and it's the place where rants are always read. :yesey:

We were talking today about Nestor Carbonell, who plays Richard, and then later my mum said that she was going to try and watch the last episode when it airs. She said she would be interested if whether she, having seen only the first 3 episodes (excluding the pilot), would be able to still keep up with the gist of the show. A sample of our conversation:
Mum: 'I think I'd be able to still get the gist of what was going on.'
Me: 'That guy from Flash Forward looks like a cross between Adam Levine and Nestor Carbonell. He's from Lost.'
Mum (after showing her pictures): 'Yeah I can see that. The one who could walk again after they crashed.'
Me: 'No, that's Locke. John Locke is his name. He's dead.'
Mum: 'Oh. Maybe I won't be able to understand it.'
:LOL:

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 10:28 AM
It's not often I'm on your mum's side when you post things about her here, but this time I definitely am.

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Its really weird how similar those three men look though. Its like they combined two of them to make the 3rd. Allow me to demonstrate:

http://nepidd.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/nestor_carbonell.jpg
Nestor Carbonell
+
http://sp3.fotolog.com/photo/19/59/112/hewson_bonovox/1242141308893_f.jpg
Adam Levine
=
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/joseph-fiennes-picture.jpg

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 10:34 AM
That's actually quite scary.

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 10:38 AM
That's actually quite scary.

Does it not amaze you!? Every time I see Flash Forward, all I can think about is how much Joseph Fiennes looks like those two men!

Darn Nestor Carbonell and his beautiful eyelashes

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 10:39 AM
It does indeed amaze me. But I must confess I had not noticed Mr Carobnell's eyelashes.

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 10:41 AM
It does indeed amaze me. But I must confess I had not noticed Mr Carobnell's eyelashes.

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1700000/Nestor-Carbonell-nestor-carbonell-1787557-256-400.jpg

Look at their glory!

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 10:47 AM
They are reasonably glorious. Are they mascara-enhanced?

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 10:49 AM
They are reasonably glorious. Are they mascara-enhanced?

Nope. That's the beauty of it!

Apparently he used to get teased quite a bit when he was younger, but now of course every woman out there envies him :LOL:

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 10:53 AM
If I'm quite honest, they've rendered me speechless. I have nothing to say.

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 10:54 AM
If I'm quite honest, they've rendered me speechless. I have nothing to say.

Speechless in an amazed way, or speechless in a too-embarrassed-to-say-anything way? :LOL:

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Um...:chuckle:

No, they are amazing.

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 11:02 AM
It's been a good distraction from my essay at least :LOL:

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Always a plus! How's the essay going, and what's it on?

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Always a plus! How's the essay going, and what's it on?

Its on a poem by William Blake, and its going okay. I've got quite a lot done, only a few more words left, but I've talked mostly about themes and not much about poetic conventions, simply because I can't really find any, so I might have to try to squeeze a few in.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 11:17 AM
But it's hard to do that if there aren't any to squeeze in! Surely you won't be marked down for not including something non-existent.

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 11:20 AM
But it's hard to do that if there aren't any to squeeze in! Surely you won't be marked down for not including something non-existent.

Well they might be there but I'm just not paying enough attention to notice them. I might chuck in a line about rhyme.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Well they might be there but I'm just not paying enough attention to notice them.
Because of those damn eyelashes. :noey:

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Because of those damn eyelashes. :noey:

YES. Blame them.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure how that excuse will go down.

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure how that excuse will go down.

As long as I attach an A4 version of that photo to the front of my essay I'm sure it will be fine.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, good thinking. I'd imagine the reaction as they heard the excuse and then saw the photo would be, "I've never heard an excuse as ridiculous as...oh. Oh my."

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah, good thinking. I'd imagine the reaction as they heard the excuse and then saw the photo would be, "I've never heard an excuse as ridiculous as...oh. Oh my."

Exactly, its foolproof. Brings new meaning to 'batting your lashes' I guess.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 12:02 PM
True. But how many times do you think the batting somebody else's eyelashes trick will be an effective option? As magnificent as they are and as hard as it is to imagine right now, there must come a time when their power runs out.

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 12:04 PM
True. But how many times do you think the batting somebody else's eyelashes trick will be an effective option? As magnificent as they are and as hard as it is to imagine right now, there must come a time when their power runs out.

It's all about not abusing the power. With great power comes great responsibility.

_Ed_
31-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Very true.

Being bored, I searched for that phrase in Google image search. The result baffles me.
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009/1/21%20With%20Great%20Power%20Comes%20Great%20Respon sibility.jpg

darkshineskitty
31-03-2010, 12:11 PM
:LOL: awesome

_Ed_
01-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Bought my Temper Trap ticket today. :happy: True, it is four months away, but it's best to be safe. :LOL:

'Twas $51.50 from Real Groovy.

darkshineskitty
01-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I hope you guys have got the exclusive muse.mu download today :awesome:

_Ed_
01-04-2010, 12:33 PM
That was great. :awesome:

I liked the description too - "fan favourite Feeling Good" from "the universally acclaimed UK tour." :chuckle:

darkshineskitty
01-04-2010, 12:36 PM
That was great. :awesome:

I liked the description too - "fan favourite Feeling Good" from "the universally acclaimed UK tour." :chuckle:

Is that Dom doing some special guest vocals on Exogenesis part 4?

_Ed_
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
It could be! I was wondering who it was.

I love how they're doing the voting for setlists too. If that really takes off and they decide to do it for the Aus/NZ tour too, should we mount a team effort? I'm happy to vote for whatever the majority wants. :)

darkshineskitty
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM

I love how they're doing the voting for setlists too. If that really takes off and they decide to do it for the Aus/NZ tour too, should we mount a team effort? I'm happy to vote for whatever the majority wants. :)

Yeah! There's so many to pick from! I think that if they do it for here, we should collectively choose something unexpected as our top three. Like instead of just Stockholm Syndrome or Hysteria, which they always chuck in normally, we should pick something classic like Citizen Erased or Space Dementia, or something really unusual like Micro Cuts (muhaha poor Matt) or Overdue or HYPER MUSIC OMG :eek:

_Ed_
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I'd happily go along with Hyper Music. :yesey: Showbiz? Uno? Spiral Static? Oooh decisions, decisions.

Micro Cuts would be a tad harsh. Listening to it on HAARP and comparing it to the OOS tour ones, poor old Bells doesn't seem to have the voice box for it anymore.

darkshineskitty
01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd happily go along with Hyper Music. :yesey: Showbiz? Uno? Spiral Static? Oooh decisions, decisions.

Micro Cuts would be a tad harsh. Listening to it on HAARP and comparing it to the OOS tour ones, poor old Bells doesn't seem to have the voice box for it anymore.

Hyper Music is the shit. Even better would be Hyper Chondriac Music. UNF.

I know, but it would be lulzy. And then as fans we can all be like screeching along :LOL:

_Ed_
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I like what they did with jazzy Cave. I think a jazzy You Fucking Mother Fucker, perhaps with a clarinet involved, would be utterly fantastic.

darkshineskitty
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I like what they did with jazzy Cave. I think a jazzy You Fucking Mother Fucker, perhaps with a clarinet involved, would be utterly fantastic.

:LOL: I like how that's an excepted song now. I want all of Exogenesis too- that should just go without saying in the setlist :phu:

_Ed_
01-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes. :yesey: But whereabouts would you like it? I can't really decide. Maybe as a first encore, before some nice mental rocky songs in the second encore to end on a high? Not sure.

darkshineskitty
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Yes. :yesey: But whereabouts would you like it? I can't really decide. Maybe as a first encore, before some nice mental rocky songs in the second encore to end on a high? Not sure.

Hmm. I'd like maybe the first part near the beginning, the second should be mixed in between two other songs, like a jam version. Then the last part somewhere at the end of something like Citizen Erased or Space Dementia- something piano-y, so it can lead on. Then stop, pause, kick into a rocking encore and end.

JoBear
02-04-2010, 12:53 AM
i still want to see showbiz live. when we went to see muse in paris we thought it was guaranteed as they always played showbiz there...but we were wrong.

went to the gym this morning, absolutely dead there! still can't do 2000m on the rowing machine in 10 minutes. really want to break that before i go. now i'm going to try rewrite parts of my cv for different jobs ie. insurance related one and government related one. but seems a lot of effort.

_Ed_
02-04-2010, 12:57 AM
still can't do 2000m on the rowing machine in 10 minutes. really want to break that before i go.
You will. :yesey: I believe in you!

There are two other people in the lower level of the postgrad lab. I'm impressed by students' dedication to their studies. What the fuck else is there to do today?

JoBear
02-04-2010, 01:02 AM
i always get so close too! i figure if i did it a few days in a row i'd build up better for it, so i'll try again tomorrow.

are you doing some research or writing up stuff? i always found researching a topic so much easier than actually writing it up.

i'm making a big roast tonight, got a nice free range chicken and have potatoes, pumpkin and kumara. had to tell my kiwi friend living in london when she told me she couldn't get kumara that it was called sweet potato over there...

_Ed_
02-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Sounds delicious!

I'm doing research at the moment, but am easily sidetracked. I'm currently looking at the Facebook group about the ACT guy who apparently in a TV3 interview said "I think my argument is so powerful that it's not necessary to talk about it." :LOL:

JoBear
02-04-2010, 01:09 AM
oh many the night i used to sit in a uni computer lab until 4am in the morning on the museboard and chatting you under the guise of essay writing. also the fact there was free warmth helped.

_Ed_
02-04-2010, 01:14 AM
I might have to follow that legendary example - I discovered the other day that this lab is open 24 hours.

_Ed_
02-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Does anyone have exciting plans for today or the long weekend?

Spy Fox
02-04-2010, 02:35 AM

Have dates been announced? I'm very keen to go. Missed out on the BHAR tour.

_Ed_
02-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Nothing announced yet, but it's extremely probable.

Spy Fox
02-04-2010, 02:41 AM
*crosses fingers for Wellington*

I have family there who I'd prefer to stay with rather than in Auckland :LOL:

Depending on dates, I could be there for uni :eek: Although it's probably a later this year tour, I'm guessing.

_Ed_
02-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Amazing display of tactlessness by this reporter on the news tonight. It's a story about a murder in Oamaru, and she says "for the families, there'll be nothing good about this Friday."

Spectacularly awful.

Spy Fox
02-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Probably thinking "what a good line!"

_Ed_
02-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Yeah, you're probably right. That's all that matters, after all.

And here's the guy I mentioned earlier today:
2B9MqNzQuuk
Utterly magnificent. A phenomenal piece of debating.

Spy Fox
02-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Can't play it on my cell :P

JoBear
02-04-2010, 08:52 AM
what you planning to do at uni angus?

_Ed_
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs431.snc3/24821_10150173447945257_854210256_11537644_7530487 _n.jpg

Michelle
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't know if anyone here watches Lost, but I do, and I'm beginning to get annoyed with the 'lets not ask any questions at opportune moments' scriptwriting. Let me give you an example: (contains spoilers)

Why does no one question that Locke is the black smoke monster? At least 3 people know it, if not more. And yet no one thinks to ask him anything! Even when they have the chance. They just go along with his plans because he's going to "get them off the island" apparently. Here's some questions I would be asking:
How did he get Locke's form? Why Locke? What is the smoke actually made of? Why does it make that weird noise? How come he's stuck on the island? How long has he been there for? How did her get there? Why can't he just get on the plane/sub himself? Why not just float over to the other island and kill everyone there, then take the plane/sub? How does he know Jacob? Who was on the island first? How does he know Richard? Why is he trying to get others off the island too? How can you kill him? (granted, he might not want to answer that one).
SERIOUSLY. ASK HIM SOMETHING. Instead its just "I know you all have questions, and I promise to make myself available to answer them... but for now, we have to keep moving." FUCK OFF. NO YOU DON'T. WALK AND ANSWER QUESTIONS AT THE SAME TIME. YOU SAT DOWN FOR A CHAT WITH KATE FFS.

Now I don't actually want to be told any of these things by people- I want to see the answers revealed for myself in the show. So don't spoil them :LOL: I just wanted to rant.

+1 I'm with you there. They all seem so 'who the f cares, I'm stuck on this crazy shit island and can't be bothered asking what the hell is really going on anymore.' They better start answering some questions soon :rolleyes:

Very true.

Being bored, I searched for that phrase in Google image search. The result baffles me.
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009/1/21%20With%20Great%20Power%20Comes%20Great%20Respon sibility.jpg

It will be a hard decision just choosing 3. I'd be trying to choose out of those above plus space dementia, sunburn and bliss. At least one would have to be from showbiz.

Anyway, going to the easter show soon for something to do. I went to Motuihe Is on wednesday and it has a nice view of the city plus good cell coverage :awesome: :LOL:

t.gypsy
03-04-2010, 02:53 AM
with this thread i feel like i am a bouyancy bob that you see in the ferry lanes. Every now and then you see me and then you dont see me for awhile.

I have been painting lately and also went to my brothers yesterday which was cool and i was reading but ended up stuck on the net for a bit and having a good old general rest. Its good but it can be boring, my cat got into a fight so been keeping an eye on him but its all good

darkshineskitty
03-04-2010, 10:08 AM
+1 I'm with you there. They all seem so 'who the f cares, I'm stuck on this crazy shit island and can't be bothered asking what the hell is really going on anymore.' They better start answering some questions soon :rolleyes:

I know, right? They should just sit down and refuse to move and go 'I'm not fucking going anywhere or doing anything until you tell me what the shit is going on'.

JoBear
03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
i have given up on lost. kinda feel it lost direction (if it really had any). or maybe i've just started to realise that even the writers don't know where to go with it.

Spy Fox
03-04-2010, 11:07 AM
what you planning to do at uni angus?

I'm really unsure of what I want to do. First it was physics, then I got sick of science all together, then I wanted to do design, then media studies, now I'm thinking that I might do psychology. :erm:

_Ed_
03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I was pretty indecisive as well. At least you can change what you're doing if you don't like it. I did that...several times.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/16/article-1035627-01F85D4F00000578-217_468x705.jpg
That's some scary shit.

Of course, I'm referring to the guy in the yellow helmet menacingly brandishing the umbrella, not the bird.

Spy Fox
03-04-2010, 01:05 PM
The Mint Chicks video hits on c4 <3

_Ed_
03-04-2010, 01:33 PM
The whole "extra hour in bed" theory around the end of daylight savings is a bit moot when you're still not in bed when the change happens. Ah well.

I enjoyed Napoleon Dynamite earlier this evening. Particularly liked the scene in which he gets struck by a flying steak. Nothing like a bit of slapsteak humour.

Wow, that was bad. My sincerest apologies.

JoBear
03-04-2010, 10:45 PM
i have never seen that movie.

i went to university going to major in history and minor in communication studies. in my first semester i did a politics and sociology paper for interest only. i liked the gender part of sociology so much, i ended up doing a major in that. history was so poor at otago and politics so good, i swapped that as well. graduated with a double major in politics and gender studies.

if hadn't taken history or communication studies, i could've finished my degree in 2 and 1/2 years. :awesome: communication studies was the worse paper i took at university. what a waste of a semester.

Michelle
04-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I know, right? They should just sit down and refuse to move and go 'I'm not fucking going anywhere or doing anything until you tell me what the shit is going on'.

Exactly :LOL: Ah well, they said the questions will be answered so they better deliver. Oh and I saw a short for Doctor Who on prime today :awesome: So looks like we won't have to wait too long for the new episodes on tv. I'm still downloading the first episode now though, but it'll be good if I can wait for the rest on tele.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/16/article-1035627-01F85D4F00000578-217_468x705.jpg
That's some scary shit.

Of course, I'm referring to the guy in the yellow helmet menacingly brandishing the umbrella, not the bird.

:LOL::LOL:

_Ed_
04-04-2010, 05:46 AM
:eek:
We missed International Pillow Fight Day! :( http://www.pillowfightday.com

I am deeply saddened.

darkshineskitty
04-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Exactly :LOL: Ah well, they said the questions will be answered so they better deliver. Oh and I saw a short for Doctor Who on prime today :awesome: So looks like we won't have to wait too long for the new episodes on tv. I'm still downloading the first episode now though, but it'll be good if I can wait for the rest on tele.

I'm waiting until they come on TV so no spoilers please! :happy:

Spy Fox
04-04-2010, 07:39 AM

:LOL::LOL:
Is that where the ground falls from underneath them and they do the time warp?

_Ed_
04-04-2010, 11:03 AM
http://www.resolutionguild.org/forums/uploads/TimeWarp2.jpg

JoBear
05-04-2010, 04:24 AM
i called vodafone to cancel my contract and she goes "your 12 month contract ended in september 2009" so i said "yeah, but i still pay for it each month and i don't want to anymore." "oh but you're not on a contract anymore, you can cancel anytime."

UGH. but apparently it will be cancelled from 2 may after speaking to someone else and revert to prepaid.

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 04:25 AM
i called vodafone to cancel my contract and she goes "your 12 month contract ended in september 2009" so i said "yeah, but i still pay for it each month and i don't want to anymore." "oh but you're not on a contract anymore, you can cancel anytime."
:facepalm:
Unbelievable!

JoBear
05-04-2010, 04:30 AM
it's not like i could stop paying it and it would magically stop charging me.

i wonder if it's still every 12 months you have to top up to keep the number active? i've had it for 7 years that i want to keep it.

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Yeah, could be.

7 years is a long time! Think I've had mine about that long too. Most of my friends have changed theirs at least once in that time.

How's your long weekend been anyway?

JoBear
05-04-2010, 04:46 AM
pretty boring but in a good way!

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 04:48 AM
Excellent! :happy:

And now it's a nice, short week.

JoBear
05-04-2010, 04:56 AM
yup especially with friday as annual leave

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 04:58 AM
Sweet!

My parents are off to England and a river cruise in Europe on Wednesday. I'm not entirely sure when they get back. Maybe I should find out, since I said I'd pick them up at the airport...

JoBear
05-04-2010, 05:12 AM
that will be pretty awesome for them. it's 3 weeks today until we leave.

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 05:13 AM
That's exciting! :awesome:

darkshineskitty
05-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Aw man, everyone is going away on holiday and I'm stuck here :( My dad might be going to Europe, my sis is planning to go to America, and my friends just went down to Wellington this weekend and I couldn't go because I don't have any money. I'm so tired of fucking Auckland!

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 05:22 AM
:(
Know that feeling.

darkshineskitty
05-04-2010, 05:24 AM
I just want to go travelling, but I don't have nearly enough money and no job or student allowance... FML. I won't even be able to go on my O.E until after I graduate and get a full-time job.

JoBear
05-04-2010, 05:26 AM
you wouldn't want to go on your OE until after you've graduated and worked for at least a year anyway.

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 05:26 AM
That sucks. :( Aren't you eligible for a student allowance? I don't understand why you wouldn't be.

darkshineskitty
05-04-2010, 05:38 AM
you wouldn't want to go on your OE until after you've graduated and worked for at least a year anyway.

I want to go earlier. My sister went in first semester of her third uni year I think.
Its just so annoying because people are constantly going away this year, even if its just to Australia, and I really want to too.

That sucks. :( Aren't you eligible for a student allowance? I don't understand why you wouldn't be.

My parents earn too much :indiff:
EVEN THOUGH I only live with my mum, and my dad is the one who gives me an allowance.

JoBear
05-04-2010, 05:43 AM
do you want to work or just travel? i just think it's so expensive and far to get anywhere from NZ that you'd have to go for a long time with a lot of money to start with. although i assume you have an EU passport of some kind.

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 05:43 AM
My parents earn too much :indiff:
EVEN THOUGH I only live with my mum, and my dad is the one who gives me an allowance.
That's ridiculous.

darkshineskitty
05-04-2010, 05:53 AM
do you want to work or just travel? i just think it's so expensive and far to get anywhere from NZ that you'd have to go for a long time with a lot of money to start with. although i assume you have an EU passport of some kind.

I want to just travel. Like take 3 months and just travel around.
I intend to get an EU passport.

That's ridiculous.

I know! I hate how they go 'oh your parents make this much money so you cant get it' even though your parents might not be the ones supporting you or paying for costs. And yet I have heaps of friends who just frit their student allowance away!

Spy Fox
05-04-2010, 10:23 AM
A dickhead at my school has two Surgeon parents, who own and operate and orchard on their property, and he complains that he's not going to get a student allowance.

_Ed_
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.best-sleepaid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/insomnia.jpg

_Ed_
06-04-2010, 03:07 AM
So this guy near me in the uni lab has a chair that, whenever he leans back, makes a noise vaguely reminiscent of King Kong in a moment of sexual ecstasy. That's not his fault, but you would think after one creak, which made everyone in the lab look in his direction with looks of mild irritation on their faces, he'd give some consideration to sitting still or perhaps finding a more discreet chair.

But no, this is not the case. Instead, he is adjusting his position on the seat roughly twice a minute, providing us all with wonderful accompanying sound effects. You almost think he might be enjoying it.

Michelle
06-04-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm waiting until they come on TV so no spoilers please! :happy:

No problemo. I haven't even watched it yet :rolleyes:

Um, I guess so...

I know! I hate how they go 'oh your parents make this much money so you cant get it' even though your parents might not be the ones supporting you or paying for costs. And yet I have heaps of friends who just frit their student allowance away!

That's a bummer, but what about the living costs loan part? You should be able to get that, but then it's a lot more to pay back without having some subsidised by the allowance part.

So this guy near me in the uni lab has a chair that, whenever he leans back, makes a noise vaguely reminiscent of King Kong in a moment of sexual ecstasy. That's not his fault, but you would think after one creak, which made everyone in the lab look in his direction with looks of mild irritation on their faces, he'd give some consideration to sitting still or perhaps finding a more discreet chair.

But no, this is not the case. Instead, he is adjusting his position on the seat roughly twice a minute, providing us all with wonderful accompanying sound effects. You almost think he might be enjoying it.

He probably is enjoying it, ha! :rolleyes:

_Ed_
06-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I think he was. :indiff:

How was your Easter weekend Michelle?

Michelle
06-04-2010, 05:02 AM
It was fine thanks. The Easter Show was mainly the same as usual. A couple new rides, only one was actually good though :LOL: No circus this year which was weird, but a horse stunt performance and dog agility was good. Have you seen the revolution flea advert where the dog pushes a lawn mower? She was there with the rest of the owners 7 dogs who are very well trained.

How was yours?

_Ed_
06-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Yeah, I have seen that. That sounds cool. What was the one good new ride like?

Mine wasn't too bad - was either at uni or work for most of it, but that's not bad. At least it meant I had something to do!

_Ed_
06-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Time for Close Up now. Nearly the whole bloody thing is live tonight. Terrifying. But I can do it! :yesey:

...I think.

Spy Fox
06-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Epic captions are epic?

darkshineskitty
06-04-2010, 09:57 AM
That's a bummer, but what about the living costs loan part? You should be able to get that, but then it's a lot more to pay back without having some subsidised by the allowance part.

Yeah that's true. I never really considered the living costs part because I have to pay it back, but maybe I should just take one for the team and add it to the student loan :erm:

I went to the Transylvania blacklight mini-golf today :happy: It was pretty cool. They have this epic soundtrack playing in the background with music and sound effects and stuff.

The Muppets is on Cartoon Network right now :awesome:
Baby Muppets are so cute!

_Ed_
06-04-2010, 10:13 AM
I went to the Transylvania blacklight mini-golf today :happy: It was pretty cool. They have this epic soundtrack playing in the background with music and sound effects and stuff.
Fuck, that sounds cool. Wheareabouts is that? I think that has to be on the agenda in the near future.

JoBear
06-04-2010, 11:34 AM
i got living costs for about 3/4 of my second and third year at uni. would not have been able to do it without it. at the start of each year i did have briscoes and my wee scholarship money (all $600 of it) to help out.

darkshineskitty
06-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Fuck, that sounds cool. Wheareabouts is that? I think that has to be on the agenda in the near future.

Its on Swanson Rd, in Swanson. Its pretty cool, and if you wear neon or white then you glow!

i got living costs for about 3/4 of my second and third year at uni. would not have been able to do it without it. at the start of each year i did have briscoes and my wee scholarship money (all $600 of it) to help out.

This might be something to start looking into *rubs chin*

_Ed_
06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Its on Swanson Rd, in Swanson. Its pretty cool, and if you wear neon or white then you glow!

Michelle
07-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Yeah, I have seen that. That sounds cool. What was the one good new ride like?

Mine wasn't too bad - was either at uni or work for most of it, but that's not bad. At least it meant I had something to do!

The new ride had carts that spun around on the arms plus the whole thing spun around. Would have been cooler if it moved up and down or something but otherwise it was fun spinning around without getting dizzy. All the spinning was horizontal by the way.

darkshineskitty
07-04-2010, 04:42 AM
The new ride had carts that spun around on the arms plus the whole thing spun around. Would have been cooler if it moved up and down or something but otherwise it was fun spinning around without getting dizzy. All the spinning was horizontal by the way.

Surely that's not:
http://www.wisdomrides.com/pictures/dlx-sizzler.jpg
?

Michelle
07-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Yes, that's it! :LOL:

darkshineskitty
07-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Yes, that's it! :LOL:

The Sizzler is THE best ride! :LOL: Its so much fun!

_Ed_
07-04-2010, 06:37 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/07/hearse-class-115875-22167326

I have to admit I find this absolutely hilarious.

Spy Fox
07-04-2010, 07:28 AM
That is hillarious!! :LOL:

"He must've died in the airport" :chuckle:

_Ed_
07-04-2010, 10:22 AM
I just watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It was a lovely movie. Really enjoyed it.

Spy Fox
07-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Seeing how there have been a few favourite album threads around, I was wondering what your guys favourite New Zealand albums are? Just curious. :)

_Ed_
07-04-2010, 10:34 AM
That's a good question. I'd go for Gramsci's Like Stray Voltage and (if you count them as a NZ band, which I do), Nux Vomica by The Veils. Also really like both of Goodshirt's albums, and Tadpole's The Buddhafinger is a guilty pleasure.

Spy Fox
07-04-2010, 10:38 AM
I rented Nux Vomica from the library, but lost it when my whole library got wiped. Good would be in my top three at least. I also really like Pegasus by The Phoenix Foundation at the moment too, and Pot Boiler by The Verlaines.

Michelle
07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
The Sizzler is THE best ride! :LOL: Its so much fun!

It is, isn't it. We went on it twice as well as Scream Machine which is one ride that is always fun too.

Spy Fox
07-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Have you seen the new drug testing ad where the guy is talking about everyone being a guitar? :LOL:

Michelle
07-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Have you seen the new drug testing ad where the guy is talking about everyone being a guitar? :LOL:

No, I haven't. Sounds entertaining though! :LOL:

JoBear
07-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Pegasus by Phoenix Foundation is such an amazing album. :yesey: And I'd agree with Like Stray Voltage by Gramsci (no surprises there).

I'd add off the top of my head:

You've Got to Hear The Music - Dimmer
Pipelines Under the Ocean - Pluto
Amaze and Amazement - The Enright House (okay okay, so he's like part NZer, German, American whatever...but we'll claim him)

...there's just so much good kiwi music out there beyond Dane Rumble. :rolleyes:

JoBear
07-04-2010, 11:07 AM
I just watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It was a lovely movie. Really enjoyed it.
my friend's status on facebook:

"...has no idea why she just sat through 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist'. Worst movie I have ever seen."

_Ed_
07-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Divisive film.

Ghosty Ghost
07-04-2010, 11:13 AM
My favourite NZ album would possibly be Submarine Bells by The Chills.

Super Sammy!
07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
:$
I've never listened to an NZ album in full, nor in partial either.

_Ed_
07-04-2010, 11:28 AM
http://www.highenergyconstructs.com/hecla/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/shocked%20nazi.JPG

Spy Fox
07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
How can you not have listened to one? I'll Be Lightning by Liam Finn is fantastic too. He was awesome at Homegrown this year too :)

darkshineskitty
07-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Seeing how there have been a few favourite album threads around, I was wondering what your guys favourite New Zealand albums are? Just curious. :)

I don't like New Zealand music
ololol

It is, isn't it. We went on it twice as well as Scream Machine which is one ride that is always fun too.

What's the Scream Machine?

Spy Fox
07-04-2010, 12:20 PM
None at all? :(

darkshineskitty
07-04-2010, 12:23 PM
None at all? :(

I like some individual songs, but I can't think of a whole album.

Although I think in Intermediate I did like my friend's copy of an Elemeno P album.

_Ed_
07-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't understand people on Facebook sometimes...

"Muse: Last night's show in Denver was unfortunately postponed due to snow..."
"256 people like this"

:erm:

Spy Fox
07-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Lolwut?

_Ed_
08-04-2010, 06:43 AM
"What are you doing right now? Are you touching yourself? I want to fuck you."

Smooth man, that Tiger Woods. I think we can all learn from his example.

darkshineskitty
08-04-2010, 07:05 AM
grump grump grump grump
Had a bit of a mismatched day today involving driving to wrong places and forgetting things, coupled with a strange sense of detachment due to very little sleep. Then Mum was all grumpy when she got home, going on about how I wasn't prepared for the day and stuff, even though one of the things I forgot I didn't even know I would need. She then went on about leaving rubbish around, because I left one small label stuck to the kitchen counter and it left paper residue behind, which is totally not my fault.

At least I watched Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog when I got home :awesome:

_Ed_
08-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Sounds like an exasperating day!

Super Sammy!
08-04-2010, 07:23 AM
http://www.highenergyconstructs.com/hecla/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/shocked%20nazi.JPG

How can you not have listened to one?

I suppose none have really fired themselves at me :p

Aaaand...
I don't like New Zealand music
ololol

I'm with Kitty on this one :yesey:
I like some individual songs, but overall, I don't like NZ music. :$

JoBear
08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
depends what new zealand music you're listening to i suppose...

lawrence arabia is well worth a listen and definitely a must see live. as is samuel flynn scott doing his solo stuff.

i am looking forward to the new phoenix foundation album...too bad it's released the day we fly out of new zealand i guess marbecks won't be open that early.

i still think neil finn is amazing, despite my feelings on crowded house reforming. i wish he'd stick to his solo stuff, try whistling is one of his best works because he took risks with it and didn't seem to care what the record company said.

and then paul mclaney...that voice and his lyrics. i just wish he stayed miserable instead of getting married and having a kid, as his more tortured songs were the best (like stay ah richard?).

but i suppose if you like the new muse stuff, maybe good new zealand music isn't to your tastes?

_Ed_
08-04-2010, 08:12 AM
as his more tortured songs were the best (like stay ah richard?)
Such a bleak song. So hard to listen to, and yet so hard not to!

JoBear
08-04-2010, 08:14 AM
be interesting to see what he does with his new band. been resisting saying stupid things to him on facebook.

_Ed_
08-04-2010, 08:16 AM
But that's what Facebook's for!

Spy Fox
08-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I need to get some Lawrence Arabia.

darkshineskitty
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
but i suppose if you like the new muse stuff, maybe good new zealand music isn't to your tastes?

Oh, zing.

I guess I just don't pick up New Zealand albums. I don't really buy a lot of music, I usually listen on youtube, so generally its just whatever I can think of at the time. And I don't watch the charts either. I don't listen to the radio, because my car doesn't have one. So really I don't get exposed to New Zealand music all that often :LOL: I do like bands like Fat Freddy's Drop, Shapeshifter, The Veils, The Mint Chicks, and all them, but usually I only listen to their singles, or I hear another song from them that I don't really like so I never feel intrigued enough to listen to a whole album.

_Ed_
08-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Haha, The Daily Show just had a series of new clips talking about all the things that have gone wrong for the chairman of the Republican party, and the last one was "and then there was the lesbian bondage fiasco." :LOL: I was not expecting that. And so nicely worded.

darkshineskitty
08-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Haha, The Daily Show just had a series of new clips talking about all the things that have gone wrong for the chairman of the Republican party, and the last one was "and then there was the lesbian bondage fiasco." :LOL: I was not expecting that. And so nicely worded.

Heh, I saw that one. "If there isn't a new indie band with that name by tomorrow, I'm going... to be disappointed."

_Ed_
08-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I just watched Adventureland twice in a row. As you do! I watched it, and then decided I felt like watching it again.

Highly recommend it, by the way - in case you hadn't guessed that from the fact that I watched it twice in one night.

Michelle
08-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Amaze and Amazement - The Enright House (okay okay, so he's like part NZer, German, American whatever...but we'll claim him)

And I really liked Pegasus by Phoenix Foundation too when I first heard it in Benneydale (:LOL:) but I still haven't got round to buying it :rolleyes:

I'll Be Lightning by Liam Finn is fantastic too.

+1

What's the Scream Machine?

http://www.mahonsamusements.co.nz/images/Scream%20Machine.jpg

I just watched Adventureland twice in a row. As you do! I watched it, and then decided I felt like watching it again.

Highly recommend it, by the way - in case you hadn't guessed that from the fact that I watched it twice in one night.

Wow, I should put more priority in getting that to watch then. The movie I've watched twice recently is Moon :happy:

_Ed_
09-04-2010, 04:11 AM
That's one I definitely have to see.

I'm probably having friends over for DVDs and drinks one night next weekend, and I've decided I'm going to do some baking for it. :eek: I believe I can do it! I found an easy-looking and extremely chocolatey recipe. :happy:

But I still won't tell them about it until the actual night, for many reasons - in case it goes disastrously wrong, in case my uninspiring culinary history puts them off coming, and to have the comedic effect of welcoming them all to my house and announcing, "oh, and I baked some fucking brownies!" :D

Michelle
09-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Can't go wrong with an easy brownie recipe. Just remember to use a timer so you don't burn them :chuckle: With my baking I usually set the timer 5 minutes less than what they say to check it as sometimes it can be cooked before the stated time [/baking tip]

_Ed_
09-04-2010, 05:07 AM
That's very good to know! Thanks!

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
09-04-2010, 05:23 AM

That's the one with Ryan Reynolds, right? *rubs chin*

http://www.mahonsamusements.co.nz/images/Scream%20Machine.jpg

Wow, I should put more priority in getting that to watch then. The movie I've watched twice recently is Moon :happy:

Oh. That looks like it could be quite unexpected in its movements.

Ooh I want to see Moon!

I did some baking today :awesome: Well, it was less baking and more like putting milk into pre-mixed powder and baking it. I don't really know if the cookies are done or not though, because they're brown on the bottom, and they have a cooked texture, but they're really soft. That might be because I added a bit more milk than the recipe stated though.

Michelle
09-04-2010, 05:24 AM
Alright thanks, just went to uni to read papers. Yesterday my supervisor told me about all the things I can do on Tiritiri Matangi so I'll have a good lot of data even the translocated birds all bugger off. Might be going to tiri next Friday to check out where we want to do everything.

How was your day?

darkshineskitty
09-04-2010, 05:28 AM
Heh, look at this auction on Trade Me:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=281965843

Some of the questions are quite funny.

Q: "any chance theres a leprechaun or two in the patch aswell, you could ask them if they know where the rainbow ends and where the pot of gold is located. ...lucky sod indeed!"

A: Quite possibly as we have heard someone running around shouting "fiddly dee potatoes!"

The current bid is $114.

Michelle
09-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Oh. That looks like it could be quite unexpected in its movements.

Ooh I want to see Moon!

I did some baking today :awesome: Well, it was less baking and more like putting milk into pre-mixed powder and baking it. I don't really know if the cookies are done or not though, because they're brown on the bottom, and they have a cooked texture, but they're really soft. That might be because I added a bit more milk than the recipe stated though.

Yeah the ride changed directions which is good as you get use to one way after a while.

Yes, you must see Moon. It wasn't quite what I was expecting but I loved it :happy:

Those cookies might just meant to be soft inside. I should do some baking this weekend, haven't done any for a while.

Michelle
09-04-2010, 05:33 AM
Heh, look at this auction on Trade Me:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=281965843

Some of the questions are quite funny.

Q: "any chance theres a leprechaun or two in the patch aswell, you could ask them if they know where the rainbow ends and where the pot of gold is located. ...lucky sod indeed!"

A: Quite possibly as we have heard someone running around shouting "fiddly dee potatoes!"

The current bid is $114.

:LOL: I think it'll need a bit more than luck to survive this dry weather.

_Ed_
09-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Alright thanks, just went to uni to read papers. Yesterday my supervisor told me about all the things I can do on Tiritiri Matangi so I'll have a good lot of data even the translocated birds all bugger off. Might be going to tiri next Friday to check out where we want to do everything.

How was your day?
That's cool. I've never been there! I've been thinking about going for ages. I really should.

My day's been alright. Thought about going to uni...but didn't. Oops.

:LOL: Those Trademe questions are awesome.

darkshineskitty
09-04-2010, 05:57 AM
Yeah the ride changed directions which is good as you get use to one way after a while.

Yes, you must see Moon. It wasn't quite what I was expecting but I loved it :happy:

Those cookies might just meant to be soft inside. I should do some baking this weekend, haven't done any for a while.

They seem suspiciously soft.

Spy Fox
09-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Oh, zing.

I guess I just don't pick up New Zealand albums. I don't really buy a lot of music, I usually listen on youtube, so generally its just whatever I can think of at the time. And I don't watch the charts either. I don't listen to the radio, because my car doesn't have one. So really I don't get exposed to New Zealand music all that often :LOL: I do like bands like Fat Freddy's Drop, Shapeshifter, The Veils, The Mint Chicks, and all them, but usually I only listen to their singles, or I hear another song from them that I don't really like so I never feel intrigued enough to listen to a whole album.
I don't like when people think of New Zealand music as its own genre. I listen to it the same way I listen to any music, and the fact it comes from New Zealand makes me feel proud about it, almost.
And I really liked Pegasus by Phoenix Foundation too when I first heard it in Benneydale (:LOL:) but I still haven't got round to buying it :rolleyes:

+1

It's $15 from The Warehouse, and there are a lot of them. It has a Warner Classic Album sticker on it, so I think they're trying to offload them. It's a shame that their work isn't more widely received here, all of their albums are so good, I really can't decide which one is best, although it's usually the last one I listened to.

_Ed_
09-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Food is so much more enjoyable when you made it yourself.

I just made myself steak for dinner. Of course it wasn't the most perfectly cooked steak I've ever had, but it was by far the most enjoyable. The awesomeness of each mouthful was so overwhelming I had to close my eyes. :LOL:

darkshineskitty
09-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't like when people think of New Zealand music as its own genre. I listen to it the same way I listen to any music, and the fact it comes from New Zealand makes me feel proud about it, almost.

It's $15 from The Warehouse, and there are a lot of them. It has a Warner Classic Album sticker on it, so I think they're trying to offload them. It's a shame that their work isn't more widely received here, all of their albums are so good, I really can't decide which one is best, although it's usually the last one I listened to.

I call it New Zealand music if its by New Zealand artists, just like I would call Muse British music.

Edit: Btw, I'm eating one of the cookies atm and its like rock solid :LOL: guess they weren't soft after all. Might have been because I let them sit in the warm oven after they were done though.

Spy Fox
09-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I wasn't taking a dig at you, just saying that :happy: I generally don't relate bands and their countries.

_Ed_
09-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I just made pancakes. :happy: I'm on a roll tonight.

_Ed_
09-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Insomnia is fun.

_Ed_
10-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Muse Video Hits on right now.

Plug In Baby, TIRO, B&H and Sing For Absolution so far. Seems like someone doesn't like their newer stuff!

_Ed_
10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Me again. :rolleyes: What's everyone up to this weekend?

I just went up to Whangarei and drove back in the dark. I was a bit nervous about that, but I was fine. It's quite peaceful actually...until some cunt comes around the corner with their lights on full beam!

Had a chuckle at the sign for the 'free route'. I'm so immature.

JoBear
11-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I'd say it's New Zealand music because it is. Don't think it's any different to something something is pop or jazz.

Remembered on the drive down to suggest checking out Secret Knives, the EP is absolutely awesome and it's free to download: http://www.alowhum.com/free/secret-knives_the-wolves.zip

darkshineskitty
11-04-2010, 10:04 AM
I watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs today, such a hilarious movie! :LOL: I had wanted to see it at the cinema, since I heard it had 5 stars, but I never got around to it. It really is very good. I was laughing a lot to myself :LOL:

_Ed_
11-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I might have to go and see that. The title intrigues me.

I had to do the show Sunday at work for the first time today. Apparently people usually start that at 9:30am, but they made me do it even though I start at 11:30. I guess that shows they have confidence in me. Made it pretty stressful though!

_Ed_
12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
The land division came up with something called MOAs, or Memoranda of Agreement.
:eek:
I found that far too exciting. I guess that's a sign that I've done too much study today and am losing my sanity.

_Ed_
12-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I should stop drinking so much. But it makes me feel better, so fuck it. Wound up in the middle of a debate between people considering buying a struggling pub in Highbury. Random.

I'm thinking I should organise a work karaoke evening. I think it would be fucking awesome. And if nothing else, it provides a new audience for my renditions of Supermassive Black Hole and Ring of Fire. :LOL: And work people are awesome. I'm sure at least 4-5 of them would go along with it.

t.gypsy
12-04-2010, 08:54 PM
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

how are we all.. I am having a bit of a rough time at the moment :( and i know if its real rough if Muse who usually helps me see the bright side of life isnt able to help at the moment.

to me at the moment my life just simply fucken sucks shit. I am trying to take control of it and change it around but seems like i have a big brick wall in front of me.

_Ed_
13-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Sorry to hear that. :( I hope things get better for you soon.

t.gypsy
13-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Sorry to hear that. :( I hope things get better for you soon.

me too... me too i went for a walk earlier on and i thought yeah it would ease my stress however while having a think over things i wasnt paying attention and i got this

this is what you dont do whilst walking and also if you do make sure your drunk then you have an excuse for it.

Michelle
13-04-2010, 04:17 AM
That's cool. I've never been there! I've been thinking about going for ages. I really should.

You should indeed. NZ birds are so fun to watch :LOL:

Edit: Btw, I'm eating one of the cookies atm and its like rock solid :LOL: guess they weren't soft after all. Might have been because I let them sit in the warm oven after they were done though.

That often happens with cookies, they are soft as when they come out of the oven but harden as they cool down.

Remembered on the drive down to suggest checking out Secret Knives, the EP is absolutely awesome and it's free to download: http://www.alowhum.com/free/secret-knives_the-wolves.zip

Yay, more freebies.

I watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs today, such a hilarious movie! :LOL: I had wanted to see it at the cinema, since I heard it had 5 stars, but I never got around to it. It really is very good. I was laughing a lot to myself :LOL:

I'll have to try and see that too. On Sunday I watched Kick Ass and Date Night. Kick Ass was kick ass :awesome: Date Night was good.

me too... me too i went for a walk earlier on and i thought yeah it would ease my stress however while having a think over things i wasnt paying attention and i got this

this is what you dont do whilst walking and also if you do make sure your drunk then you have an excuse for it.

Ouch :( Hope you feel better soon too!

t.gypsy
13-04-2010, 04:52 AM
You should indeed. NZ birds are so fun to watch :LOL:

Ouch :( Hope you feel better soon too!

I hope so too, and i was gunna do some knitting after the walk and well with a graze like that i dont think it would of been a good idea the fibres of the wool would of gotten into my graze. And nz birds are fun to watch we have a fair few around here.

I sense some rain so i hope so.

darkshineskitty
13-04-2010, 06:25 AM
how are we all.. I am having a bit of a rough time at the moment :( and i know if its real rough if Muse who usually helps me see the bright side of life isnt able to help at the moment.

to me at the moment my life just simply fucken sucks shit. I am trying to take control of it and change it around but seems like i have a big brick wall in front of me.

Oh well at least you're taking control, that's positive.

That often happens with cookies, they are soft as when they come out of the oven but harden as they cool down.

Yeah but because they were so very soft I left them in the warm oven a bit longer... :facepalm: I never learn :LOL:

I went to the Paddington Coat Factory today! I saw a nice tan coat that was really long but not really the colour I'm looking for, and the style was a bit off. It was still really nice though. Wool and cashmere makes a comfy material.

JoBear
13-04-2010, 06:44 AM
yeah paddington coat factory is awesome. was wearing mine in arrowtown over the weekend.

darkshineskitty
13-04-2010, 07:10 AM
yeah paddington coat factory is awesome. was wearing mine in arrowtown over the weekend.

I think for the coat I want, I'm going to buy it off ebay. Heaps of people there do custom tailored coats which are made in China. About $240 New Zealand dollars including shipping, which isn't bad considering that the coats at Paddington Coat Factory are $250.

_Ed_
13-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Hitched is such an atrocious show. I knew I was in for something bad when my boss apologised for allocating it to me.

To be on the show, it seems, the couples have to be not particularly likeable and have to both have bizarre and inexplicable (and near-unspellable) names.

*mutters angrily*

JoBear
13-04-2010, 07:44 AM
I think for the coat I want, I'm going to buy it off ebay. Heaps of people there do custom tailored coats which are made in China. About $240 New Zealand dollars including shipping, which isn't bad considering that the coats at Paddington Coat Factory are $250.
really? my coat was only like $140 and it was one of the more expensive ones.

darkshineskitty
13-04-2010, 11:50 AM
really? my coat was only like $140 and it was one of the more expensive ones.

It is a wool and cashmere ankle-length one though.

_Ed_
13-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I believe today is the one day a year on which it's appropriate to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OREN! :)

Hope it's a great one.