PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

_Ed_
26-02-2010, 04:00 AM
She said that another student had been working on hihi and it was quite difficult, he had to even abseil up the trees! :LOL:
:stunned: :LOL:

I hope the head of the kokako recovery group comes up with something interesting for you.

Ooh, a desk. Fancy! I don't get one of those. :( I have desk envy. It's a shame your friends won't be around though.

Michelle
26-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Yeah, but just looking at the map, I've been put in a postgrad building some distance away from the ecology/conservation building, bleh.

The friend starting BA will at least be in Auckland like me as she is the one who use to go down to Palmy too. The other was working at a lab on the same campus at Albany I'll be at, but she was lucky to get into her postgrad course as they don't take many.

Ghosty Ghost
26-02-2010, 05:04 AM
I have a desk, it even has my name on it :cool:

JoBear
26-02-2010, 05:29 AM
It was freaky til the laughing at the end :LOL:

my sister was in the background going "oh my god! the stuffing is coming out of its head!"

my mum then yanked it off me and said i had ruined it and tried to stuff it back in.

Michelle
26-02-2010, 06:10 AM
I have a desk, it even has my name on it :cool:

Woah, nice! ;)

my sister was in the background going "oh my god! the stuffing is coming out of its head!"

my mum then yanked it off me and said i had ruined it and tried to stuff it back in.

:LOL: Imagine if it was red stuffing!

JoBear
26-02-2010, 06:13 AM
we be seeing you tomorrow night michelle right?

Michelle
26-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Yes you will :D

JoBear
26-02-2010, 06:31 AM
excellent. :awesome:

_Ed_
26-02-2010, 09:14 AM
But what about your obliques? :eek:

Just heard that on an ad for some exercise machine and thought it was a pertinent question.

Tacticalkat
26-02-2010, 10:57 AM
the room i stayed in at my parents last weekend had this doll in it that my mum made in the 70s. its so fucking creepy. it has eyes that follow you around the room and it has this weird bell in it so when you move it, it makes noises.

i hid it in my sisters bed. :awesome: and my dad hung it on her door.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/doll3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/doll.jpg

she put it on my car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/doll2.jpg

Awwww, I actually think it's really cute! And not creepy at all! I want one!

BUT, the creepy doll reminded me of this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olv-aR6JKvQ

Better watch that creepy doll!!!!!

darkshineskitty
26-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Just saw hot cross buns at the supermarket. Honestly.

Local supermarket is already selling chocolates.
But that's okay, more time to get delicious treats :awesome:

_Ed_
26-02-2010, 11:24 AM
A valid point.

Argh, pins and needles in my foot. Serves me right for sitting on it for too long.

Ooh, Adventureland's out on DVD here. I loved that movie. Might have to make a purchase.

JoBear
26-02-2010, 09:10 PM
off to auckland we go! :awesome:

_Ed_
26-02-2010, 10:47 PM
:awesome:

_Ed_
27-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Last night was awesome. :awesome: My highlights were Oren's Born To Run, the team effort on Showbiz, 'since ovulation' appearing as the TIRO lyrics and the baffling footage. I hope that wasn't the last time we do that.

Now I think we'll be off to Piha...if I can find my way there!

_Ed_
28-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Success! Well, mostly.

The wrong turns I took were simply to give Jo a bit of a scenic tour. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

JoBear
28-02-2010, 10:27 AM
well looking at the map, if we went down forest hill road it would've just gone onto parr cross road...the other wrong road we went down. :chuckle:

it was a great weekend, auckland put some great weather on. least piha was a good choice with the tsunami warnings on the east coast!

_Ed_
28-02-2010, 10:33 AM
well looking at the map, if we went down forest hill road it would've just gone onto parr cross road...the other wrong road we went down. :chuckle:
Shows how staggeringly good my sense of direction is. :yesey:

Heard from Oren recently? Hope the gig that may or may not happen happens.

JoBear
28-02-2010, 10:37 AM
he said the members of pavement were at kings arm but they didn't play.

righto, bed time! goodnight!

_Ed_
28-02-2010, 10:41 AM
That's a shame. He'll see them tomorrow though at least.

Night!

Michelle
01-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Last night was awesome. :awesome: My highlights were Oren's Born To Run, the team effort on Showbiz, 'since ovulation' appearing as the TIRO lyrics and the baffling footage. I hope that wasn't the last time we do that.

It was good fun :awesome: Our team effort on Bohemian Rapsody was fun too, my friend wishes she could have seen that :LOL:

I just did some running around uni with paperwork today. I had to apply for three keys: the eco/conservation building and two for the postgrad room where I got my name stuck to a desk with paper and sticky tape :cool: Plus got a postgrad keycard, so far all I know is that is for getting into the postgrad computer building. I will need to treat all these keys and the card well to get my hefty deposit back at the end. And I have a pile of paperwork that will need to get filled in when I've got my research plan ready...

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 04:53 AM
Yeah, it's similar for me. Felt like I spent all day queuing for various things, including my postgrad swipe card. The fact it was a really hot day didn't help.

Amazing how many people were around uni today. But they don't last!

JoBear
01-03-2010, 04:58 AM
i had such a long drawn out day. usually monday's are fairly busy (for my work anyway) but absolutely nothing happened.

now just watching my trademe auctions that finish tonight and about to put on some lambchops.

t.gypsy
01-03-2010, 05:53 AM
hey how are we all today. I know i havent been here much i been cross stitching a pattern for my brother and gf just something for me to do and i am a bit bored of it lol.

I will be comming over to town tommorow to do a bit of a shopping trip and get a few bits and bobs i need and to see a movie too, what else we been up to

JoBear
01-03-2010, 05:59 AM
wow my bed sold on trademe for $165 :stunned: i certainly didn't think it was worth much more than the $50 reserve. hope they're not disappointed when they pick it up!

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Excellent result!

Hmm, this flat has "three male flatmates - all serious." Sounds...fun.

JoBear
01-03-2010, 06:10 AM
haha this flat description

The place is quiet and with high-standard security, and the flat itself is easy to look after. The building is really lovely and modern, and although I think our corridor has a slightly odd smell the apartment is positively fragrant!

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 06:14 AM
:LOL:
I like it.

JoBear
01-03-2010, 06:15 AM
are you looking for a flat with a park? remember when i was vaguely looking at flats in wellington city that was a problem.

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Yeah, it's proving to be an issue.

There's one I quite like, but a park is an additional $50 a week. Bit steep!

darkshineskitty
01-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Hey guys
Saturday was heaps of fun :awesome: Oren and Richard, you're both very similar irl as you seem on here, Jo and Michelle not as much :chuckle:
First day of uni was pretty good, I only had one class. It was two hours though. Still, got free stuff from the quad so that was okay. My timetable is looking pretty spare this week what with no tutorials. A friend of mine will have a break from 9am to 4pm or something ridiculous this semester!

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 08:49 AM
A friend of mine will have a break from 9am to 4pm or something ridiculous this semester!
Horrendous!

Free quad stuff is always good...except the Bible. I politely declined that offer. I haven't really looked at the bag they gave us for joining AUSA, but it seemed to have a sachet of something random in it.

t.gypsy
01-03-2010, 09:21 AM
i've just noticed there is only two people on this thread what a sad life we must lead lol, since i am coming to town i am trying to decide what movie to see

And that movie crazy heart,brightstar or shutter island seems to be a choice jumping out at me i would wait till alice in wonderland comes out but alas i am back at work on those days which out of those three looks good.

JoBear
01-03-2010, 09:22 AM
only one of those i've heard of is shutter island and i read the plot on wikipedia hence i will never have to see it.

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Wikipedia's good for that. :yesey:

The uni magazine today said Shutter Island's good and Crazy Heart isn't. Matter of opinion though I guess.

t.gypsy
01-03-2010, 09:30 AM
mmm shutter island it is then.

whose gunna be free on the 12th march poss i am looking at pulling together a few people to meet up at desch and hanging out as its my bday so if anyone is interested put your hand up and we will see what we can come up with.

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I'll probably be there, but you knew that already.

I'm quite happy to have discovered the music of Marina & the Diamonds tonight. But I'm probably a bit late leaping on the bandwagon again! I always discover music months after everyone else has.

But if anyone hasn't heard her and is curious:
n1VTcJfL7RE

JoBear
01-03-2010, 11:26 AM
they were raving about her on sunrise.

yes, i went to bed...:erm:...i brought the laptop.

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
There's nothing wrong with that...

JoBear
01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
just saw the gig that we're going to in berlin is now sold out...i'm really hoping i can get the delivery sorted on my tickets. :unsure:

_Ed_
01-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Wow, yeah, I hope so. Sucks having that as an additional worry when you're bravely embarking on such a huge trip! Fingers crossed it all gets sorted out alright.

Michelle
02-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Amazing how many people were around uni today. But they don't last!

They don't, do they? It's amazing how empty the car park can get, particularly in semester two :chuckle:

wow my bed sold on trademe for $165 :stunned: i certainly didn't think it was worth much more than the $50 reserve. hope they're not disappointed when they pick it up!

That is a good sale indeed. I imagine that had quite an entertaining bidding war.

And that movie crazy heart,brightstar or shutter island seems to be a choice jumping out at me i would wait till alice in wonderland comes out but alas i am back at work on those days which out of those three looks good.

Most are saying that crazy heart is really good, but it does depend on whether you like that sort of movie. You can tell shutter island may be quite predictable but it would be good if you like to get a few thrills.

I've booked middle back seats at imax to see Alice in Wonderland on Sunday :awesome: Thought we better not fluke getting good seats again like we did with Avatar.

_Ed_
02-03-2010, 01:47 AM
You can tell shutter island may be quite predictable but it would be good if you like to get a few thrills.
Like Paranormal Activity. :LOL: That was awesome.

I've booked middle back seats at imax to see Alice in Wonderland on Sunday :awesome:

Michelle
02-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Like Paranormal Activity. :LOL: That was awesome.

Haha, exactly!

Michelle
02-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Hey Richard, do you happen to know how to get theses online like from the link here (http://voyager.auckland.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=2&ti=1,2&CNT=20&SL=Submit%26TYPE%3Dtm|6&FLD2=Theses%20(502A)&GRP1=AND%20with%20next%20set&BOOL2=any%20of%20these&FLD3=Theses%20(502A)&GRP2=AND%20with%20next%20set&BOOL3=all%20of%20these&SAB3=auckland&BOOL1=all%20of%20these&SAB1=kokako&FLD1=Keyword%20Anywhere%20(GKEY)&SAB2=&PID=o2WRsLcd-DBzbO-c5YKhJ9pDc1bG&SEQ=20100302152548&SID=1). I've looked at other sites for getting it and google scholar as my supervisor thought it should be online, but I can't find it. So I guess if there is nothing I'm missing on that site, I will have to go to the library to get it?

_Ed_
02-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Weird, I thought they made theses like that available online. Normally you see a link to 'e-Resource' on that page. But yeah, it looks like you will have to go to the uni library to see that one. Bit of a hassle for you! :(

Michelle
02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the help anyway. I have booked to get them tomorrow. I'll ask my friend when her lecture is tomorrow to see if she wants to join me at the library.

_Ed_
02-03-2010, 04:55 AM
http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/aussie-desert-pelted-fish-3389069
What the fuck? :stunned:

Michelle
02-03-2010, 05:08 AM
:stunned: Poor fish. That'd be the last place they'd ever want to be dropped in...

_Ed_
02-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Very true. It's a far from ideal outcome for them. :(

_Ed_
02-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Just saw a toothbrush ad that had a cartoony graphic comparison between it and other toothbrushes, but it still felt the need to have DRAMATISATION in big letters down the bottom, just to allay any possible confusion.

_Ed_
02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Haha, for our live things at work we have shortforms, where you just enter the first two letters of someone's first name and the first two letters of their surname and it does the rest. Just realised what John Key's is. :chuckle:

JoBear
02-03-2010, 09:29 AM
for some reason that took me awhile..:LOL:

Ghosty Ghost
02-03-2010, 09:40 AM
My highlights were Oren's Born To Run

_Ed_
02-03-2010, 09:44 AM
It was a stirring rendition. :yesey:

I was about to ask if you enjoyed Pavement, but I see you made a post in their thread that answers that question. Good to hear. :)

darkshineskitty
02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm quite happy to have discovered the music of Marina & the Diamonds tonight. But I'm probably a bit late leaping on the bandwagon again! I always discover music months after everyone else has.

I saw her on Jonathan Ross.

I had a funny in a totally awkward kind of way moment in a lecture today. I had to go past some people sitting in an aisle to reach my friends in the middle, so naturally the first guy I reached stood up to let me pass. Unfortunately it was in an Arts building lecture theatre, so there's not much leg room. So I had to kind of squish against him to get past. Even more unfortunately, my feet got kinda tangled in his as I passed, so I wasn't able to nip through as quickly as I would have liked. Cue awkward moment of total personal space elimination :LOL: He went 'sorry :$' as I passed though, which was nice at least :LOL:

_Ed_
02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
:chuckle:
That is awkward! Definitely not unprecedented in Arts building lecture theatres though. They're a wee bit cosy.

t.gypsy
02-03-2010, 10:13 PM
hey what do you guys make of some of the fuss regaurds matt and his smoking i would rather him do that than to be addicted to the prescription drugs that has killed heath ledger,m.j and brittany murphy, If anything the smoking is the safest option.

I had a good day in town i was going to the movie but the ones i wanted to see werent in the timeframe i wanted so i flagged it and got some more dvd's and cd.. I got the Burning skies muse dvd which when i have my lunch will watch it, looks interesting though its not official but still looks interesting.

I also got billy talents new cd as i love the song devil on my sholders and also harry chapin and some horror dvd's :) I got another one of vincent price that guy is an awesome actor.

Michelle
02-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Haha, for our live things at work we have shortforms, where you just enter the first two letters of someone's first name and the first two letters of their surname and it does the rest. Just realised what John Key's is. :chuckle:

:LOL:!

I got the Burning skies muse dvd which when i have my lunch will watch it, looks interesting though its not official but still looks interesting.

Did you buy that in town? If so, where from?

t.gypsy
03-03-2010, 04:52 AM
:LOL:!

Did you buy that in town? If so, where from?

Jb hbi. The place with the yellow sign black writing and i watched it.

Its an interesting insight esp the crew that worked with them from the early days it was an interesting dvd, am keen to watch it again to see if i learn anything new about them the second time around of watching them. And that was the only copy they had of that dvd.

the new cd billy talent its an awesome cd i will be back tracking.

_Ed_
03-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Although it feels like something of a betrayal of my favourite hairdresser, I have to say I was really impressed by her replacement today. She asked how long it had been since my last haircut (six weeks for those of you playing at home) and figured out from that what it was like. Worthy of significant kudos, I must say. Has the slightly unusual name of Ivy, however.

JoBear
03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
i can't wait to have my haircut after the wedding!

_Ed_
03-03-2010, 10:41 AM
That is exciting. When's the wedding again?

I assume you get time off work to make the trip?

darkshineskitty
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM

Its an interesting insight esp the crew that worked with them from the early days it was an interesting dvd, am keen to watch it again to see if i learn anything new about them the second time around of watching them. And that was the only copy they had of that dvd.

the new cd billy talent its an awesome cd i will be back tracking.

I've never heard of that DVD, this may require investigation!

Jo remember how you said that there hadn't been much beef on the boards lately? I think that very night I got home and there was uber beef :LOL: And it was continuing the other day too.

_Ed_
03-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Hey Kitty, you know those 15-minute computers on the Munchy Mart level of the Commons building? I wanted one of those today, and the first one free when I was at the front of the queue was that one that's heaps lower down than all the rest for no apparent reason.

What's the best approach here? Do you pull up a chair? Kneel? Stoop? I was unsure and ended up standing and trying to reach down with my arms. It was highly inelegant.

darkshineskitty
03-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey Kitty, you know those 15-minute computers on the Munchy Mart level of the Commons building? I wanted one of those today, and the first one free when I was at the front of the queue was that one that's heaps lower down than all the rest for no apparent reason.

What's the best approach here? Do you pull up a chair? Kneel? Stoop? I was unsure and ended up standing and trying to reach down with my arms. It was highly inelegant.

Yeah I know the ones. I usually just lean over, unless someone has already pulled a couch over and then I perch on it guiltily. Sometimes I crouch if I'm gonna be there a while.

JoBear
03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I've never heard of that DVD, this may require investigation!

Jo remember how you said that there hadn't been much beef on the boards lately? I think that very night I got home and there was uber beef :LOL: And it was continuing the other day too.
i missed this beef!

_Ed_
04-03-2010, 03:39 AM
http://tvnz.co.nz/politics-news/act-mp-says-sterilise-abusive-parents-3391607

...interesting. :erm:

_Ed_
04-03-2010, 04:47 AM
So apparently my cricket tickets for next week were delivered somewhere in Devonport and signed for by Melanie. Super.

JoBear
04-03-2010, 04:57 AM
wonder what the point of signature is when they never check whose signing (also at work, i never ever checked what i was signing for).

_Ed_
04-03-2010, 06:45 AM
So at work there's this funny-shaped mirror just above the urinal that makes everything look huge. It's an ad campaign for Hung. Pretty clever, really. Think I mentioned it to you Jo.

But I just went in there and saw some alarming stains on it. I really desperately hope it was toothpaste, but who brushes their teeth at a urinal?

_Ed_
04-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Changing the subject, I really feel like having scrambled eggs when I get home from work tonight. But I didn't get any bread out from the downstairs freezer, and I don't want to wake my parents by going down and getting some when I get home, so toast is probably out of the equation.

What else goes with scrambled eggs?

JoBear
04-03-2010, 08:21 AM
hmm i want scrambled eggs now. i will boil an egg for my lunch tomorrow instead.

bacon? haha.

_Ed_
04-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Bacon could work.

Ugh, I've just finished an episode of NCIS, and what do I have waiting for me next? CSI. Overkill.

How's your day been?

JoBear
04-03-2010, 08:26 AM
well the work system was down this morning for a couple hours so i sat in my manager's office and he told me what he did and didn't like about me - in a nice way of course!

my car was ready today to pick up but i didn't have the courtesy car at work so can't get it till the morning and then have to park it in town. which i don't want to do as it should be in perfect condition now!

JoBear
04-03-2010, 08:28 AM
and i had a sad claim where a german shepherd called ranee was hit by a car and died. :( i started tearing up with the customer it was so sad. i made a concerted effort to refer to ranee in the present tense and tried to get her to talk about what she was like before the accident as it sounded absolutely horrific.

_Ed_
04-03-2010, 08:47 AM
well the work system was down this morning for a couple hours so i sat in my manager's office and he told me what he did and didn't like about me - in a nice way of course!
Of course. You can't have given him much to put on the latter list, surely!

I had a good fortnightly catch-up with my boss today. Usually they just go along the lines of, "Well, I've got nothing...," but today was a decent chat, which was nice.

my car was ready today to pick up but i didn't have the courtesy car at work so can't get it till the morning and then have to park it in town. which i don't want to do as it should be in perfect condition now!
Ooh, dilemma.

and i had a sad claim where a german shepherd called ranee was hit by a car and died. :( i started tearing up with the customer it was so sad. i made a concerted effort to refer to ranee in the present tense and tried to get her to talk about what she was like before the accident as it sounded absolutely horrific.
:(
That's really sad. But so good of you to put in so much effort - it's a hard enough ordeal for the customer as it is, but talking to someone who sounded completely unmoved and cold about it would make it even worse, I'd imagine.

JoBear
04-03-2010, 09:45 AM
sad thing is i know a few people at my work who would have been just like that and thought "it's just a dog"

darkshineskitty
04-03-2010, 11:34 AM
i missed this beef!

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=71601

This will suck you in.

_Ed_
04-03-2010, 11:45 AM
That was oddly engrossing.

t.gypsy
04-03-2010, 05:48 PM
That thread is amazing, I mean there isnt anything going on there they look like friends hanging out its just the magz that enjoy taking things out of context and well if lills bf is insecure about that then hes the one that needs to get a grip.

I am heading to work shortly and hell i am coughing my guts out oh well i am a generous person so im giving people my germs lol

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Holy shit, it's Derby day tomorrow. :D Don't you love it when something you've been really excited about for ages kind of sneaks up on you?

Michelle
05-03-2010, 03:53 AM

Oh cool, I've never seen it there before.

So apparently my cricket tickets for next week were delivered somewhere in Devonport and signed for by Melanie. Super.

:stunned: So what are they doing about it? Signed deliveries are just crap sometimes aren't they? Some dvd's I ordered came today but no one was home so I'll have to wait til tomorrow but I hope they don't come really early as some are too lazy to open the gate :rolleyes:

So at work there's this funny-shaped mirror just above the urinal that makes everything look huge. It's an ad campaign for Hung. Pretty clever, really. Think I mentioned it to you Jo.

But I just went in there and saw some alarming stains on it. I really desperately hope it was toothpaste, but who brushes their teeth at a urinal?

:erm::LOL:

:( I can imagine those cases would be very hard to deal with.

Holy shit, it's Derby day tomorrow. :D Don't you love it when something you've been really excited about for ages kind of sneaks up on you?

Nice! I know what you mean. Only two days til I see Alice in Wonderland and the last I remember was thinking why are they advertising so much when it's still a couple months away.

t.gypsy
05-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Hey those of yous that are wishing to meet up with me on the 12th i am sorry to say i wont be able to make it as i have work on that weekend and its busy to the gunnels and there is no one that is able to cover me so i am having to rain check the date, Not sure as to what the date will be but i will tap into it when able to.

So it looks like for my bday a quiet family affair... *sighs* so far things i have planned for just goes to custard i am getting to the point where i cant be fucked making plans just take things as they come to me.

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 04:45 AM
That's a shame.

:stunned: So what are they doing about it? Signed deliveries are just crap sometimes aren't they?
Yeah, shocking. I called them today and they cancelled those tickets and issued me some new ones that I went and picked up. Problem solved! Unless I find this "Melanie" sitting in my seats when I get there...

Nice! I know what you mean. Only two days til I see Alice in Wonderland and the last I remember was thinking why are they advertising so much when it's still a couple months away.
That's exciting! We've been hearing about it for so long, felt like it would never come.

Michelle
05-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Hey those of yous that are wishing to meet up with me on the 12th i am sorry to say i wont be able to make it as i have work on that weekend and its busy to the gunnels and there is no one that is able to cover me so i am having to rain check the date, Not sure as to what the date will be but i will tap into it when able to.

So it looks like for my bday a quiet family affair... *sighs* so far things i have planned for just goes to custard i am getting to the point where i cant be fucked making plans just take things as they come to me.

Oh that sucks :( Hopefully your family will make you a nice dinner or something then to celebrate :)

Yeah, shocking. I called them today and they cancelled those tickets and issued me some new ones that I went and picked up. Problem solved! Unless I find this "Melanie" sitting in my seats when I get there...

Oh that's good. Do they scan the tickets when going in? That should mean "Melanie" won't be let in. Otherwise get there early to get in the seats before them ;)

resistance.revolution
05-03-2010, 07:35 AM
hey, I kno someones probs already asked this maaahahaaany times, but anyways, cbb to find it...ANYWAYS, does anyone kno when Muse are playing in NZ next?
I heard at BDO in an interview or something they might be coming late September? Any substantial evidence supporting this? fanks kiddos

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
No confirmed date yet. In 2004 they played here at BDO and in September, and in 2007 they played at BDO and in November. So probably somewhere around then.

t.gypsy
05-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Hopefully i am so looking forward to seeing them come back. I got my replica manson guitar that matt plays today i will take a pic of it, its cool now imagine if matt signed it or the band how much in value it would go up in.

I know michelle but yeah the fam has something on the quiet planned cheesecake,sponge cake and barbie or roast pork so it should be cool.

Also whose staying to watch leigh harts mysterious planets there is something on there about aliens which is something i am keen to watch.

JoBear
05-03-2010, 07:50 AM
i'm watching sione's wedding. had a few drinks tonight, the repairer who fixed my car invited me up for a drink and i couldn't say no...even if it was speights.

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Speights is a guilty pleasure.

t.gypsy
05-03-2010, 08:01 AM
speaking of guilty pleasures. If someone was to put the following songs on

Barbie girl = aqua
Wannabe = spice girl
Mmmbop = hanson
Macarena = ??

i would still get up and dance to it can anyone top that one, and also i like to chant along to the new creme egg add that 'goo,goo,goo, GOOOOOO' and yeap i am 26 next week 2 + 6 = 8

JoBear
05-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Speights is a guilty pleasure.
it was also warm!

but it was funny to hear a different perspective on our assessors as we only really deal with them on the phone and in writing and they deal with them in person. had a good laugh.

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Sounds cool!

But warm beer = :noey:

JoBear
05-03-2010, 08:19 AM
my car does look good. cost $645 for my work though! because it's a coupe the whole panel had to come off which meant taking off the tail lamp, bumper and the rear 1/4 window. think that was most of the cost!

i got a great deal though, they fixed my electric window and only charged me for the part. no labour! it would have taken a good hour too. :happy:

t.gypsy
05-03-2010, 08:19 AM
it was also warm!

but it was funny to hear a different perspective on our assessors as we only really deal with them on the phone and in writing and they deal with them in person. had a good laugh.

i'm amazed you managed to drink it i couldnt do it with warm beer, beer has to be stone cold for me otherwise i wont be able to drink it

JoBear
05-03-2010, 08:21 AM
after my day at work a beer was a beer! i got invited up because the repairer picked me up at work and said "god i need a beer" and i said "me too" and he was like "well..."

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 08:22 AM
What was wrong with your day?

JoBear
05-03-2010, 08:24 AM
it got quite busy and i got a burglary. also got this dickhead guy who kept going to me "i want to buy the insurance" and it was cancelled and in his uncle's name and he kept going "i want to buy the insurance" despite telling him no about 20 times.

read the notes when he left and saw he had an accident when it was uninsured. what a dick.

also i nearly got hit by a car which made me both upset and angry. christchurch drivers suck so bad.

t.gypsy
05-03-2010, 08:29 AM
it got quite busy and i got a burglary. also got this dickhead guy who kept going to me "i want to buy the insurance" and it was cancelled and in his uncle's name and he kept going "i want to buy the insurance" despite telling him no about 20 times.

read the notes when he left and saw he had an accident when it was uninsured. what a dick.

also i nearly got hit by a car which made me both upset and angry. christchurch drivers suck so bad.

one of those too did you, i had a guy that placed an order with me i checked with him like about 3x if that was what he wanted and i took it to the chef as your supposed to and order taken to guest and alas he claimed it wasnt what he ordered he ordered something that isnt even on the menu and wants that item is anyone lost.

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 08:33 AM

You definitely earned that beer then! Sounds exhausting, frustrating and exasperating. And near-misses when you're driving are so traumatic.

JoBear
05-03-2010, 08:41 AM
just don't get why you'd try blatant insurance fraud to someones face. but it happens all the time.

JoBear
05-03-2010, 08:45 AM
You definitely earned that beer then! Sounds exhausting, frustrating and exasperating. And near-misses when you're driving are so traumatic.
oh i was walking on a fucking crossing with the green man. this dick in a crap old honda civic just put his foot down turning right. i just heard the car and suddenly it was right there braking hard. :mad:

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Shit, that's even worse than I imagined.

JoBear
05-03-2010, 08:51 AM
the fact i was wearing huge heeled boots didn't help as i couldn't get out of the way.

just realised they cleaned my car and have no fucking clue where they put all the paper that was in the passenger footwell. :LOL: glovebox maybe?

_Ed_
05-03-2010, 08:57 AM
It's a surprise gift hidden waiting for whoever buys the car.

Michelle
06-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Hopefully i am so looking forward to seeing them come back. I got my replica manson guitar that matt plays today i will take a pic of it, its cool now imagine if matt signed it or the band how much in value it would go up in.

Nice, I have been looking at those too. I would be more tempted to get one if they ever get shiny bomber replicas.

I know michelle but yeah the fam has something on the quiet planned cheesecake,sponge cake and barbie or roast pork so it should be cool.

Yum! :D

Also whose staying to watch leigh harts mysterious planets there is something on there about aliens which is something i am keen to watch.

I've been watching the series. It's pretty stupid but the places they go are really nice and some of the things they say are interesting. Egypt next week! :awesome:

_Ed_
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Derby day = :awesome:. Even though it's the one day every year I really want to be a beautiful fine, sunny day, and it's now rained on it four years in a row. :facepalm:

And it wasn't Katie's day today. :( I'm a really huge fan of her (I love how when she's in the lead and another horse comes up beside her she swishes her tail and speeds up, all like "fuck off!"), and wanted to see her do well again, but it wasn't to be. Never mind! Everyone has an off day sometimes. And the winner was awesome.

How's everyone else's day been?

JoBear
06-03-2010, 09:52 AM
day's been alright, our two couches were picked up so we're spent our time on the floor watching the cricket or half ass packing. we also just home from the lantern festival here, it was much the same as the auckland one but not as big.

_Ed_
06-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Cricket was a bit disappointing. Robbed by the Fuckworth Lewis system, I say.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fblogs.nerve.com%252Fsca nner%252F2009%252F12%252F23%252Fguy-posts-his-sisters-hookup-list-to-facebook-and-tags-all-the-guys%252F&h=7169c0984c1360fb292d56b5279b5507&ref=nf
Wow.

t.gypsy
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Derby day = :awesome:. Even though it's the one day every year I really want to be a beautiful fine, sunny day, and it's now rained on it four years in a row. :facepalm:

And it wasn't Katie's day today. :( I'm a really huge fan of her (I love how when she's in the lead and another horse comes up beside her she swishes her tail and speeds up, all like "fuck off!"), and wanted to see her do well again, but it wasn't to be. Never mind! Everyone has an off day sometimes. And the winner was awesome.

How's everyone else's day been?

I wish i was able to watch the races, I was at work, thing i find stupid at those races are the women who dresses up i am one of those that is like who cares... as long the horse i bet on isnt a donkey.

Nice, I have been looking at those too. I would be more tempted to get one if they ever get shiny bomber replicas.

Yum! :D

I've been watching the series. It's pretty stupid but the places they go are really nice and some of the things they say are interesting. Egypt next week! :awesome:

I havent been watching the series now after seeing that i am going to try and watch the rest of it if my eyes allow me to lol. And the replica guitar i got is the silver one with the scratch marks all over i will when i get home today take a pic of it. I know it sounds yum i thought the supermarket would have pork on special but it doesnt so i will make do with the second fave lamb.

Now guys how annoyang is this you go to bed with the intentions of having a longer night sleep as your tired and so on but it ends up being the worst night, which is bizarre when the night is cool i sleep like a log but not last night. And there is nothing stressing me out either weird.

JoBear
06-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Cricket was a bit disappointing. Robbed by the Fuckworth Lewis system, I say.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fblogs.nerve.com%252Fsca nner%252F2009%252F12%252F23%252Fguy-posts-his-sisters-hookup-list-to-facebook-and-tags-all-the-guys%252F&h=7169c0984c1360fb292d56b5279b5507&ref=nf
Wow.
yeah that system never makes any sense!

_Ed_
06-03-2010, 11:16 PM
It's rigged.

RIGGED!

Ghosty Ghost
07-03-2010, 02:35 AM
It's pretty irrelevant when you get bowled out anyway :LOL:

_Ed_
07-03-2010, 02:44 AM
This is true, but we scored more runs than we should have been chasing, in my opinion.

_Ed_
07-03-2010, 03:55 AM
My hated word for the day is BURGLARISE. Actually, I refuse to give it the honour of acknowledging it as even being a word. It's a crime. A deplorable crime against the English language.

The correct word is burgle. Not bloody burglarise.

You don't driverise a car, you fucking drive it. You don't cleanerise your room, you fucking clean it. You don't go to uni lecture theatres to be lecturerised, you go there to be fucking lectured. That's fucking as emphasis, not as in being lectured about...yeah.

If we're not careful, they'll start saying the burglary was done by a fucking burglariser. And then the verb will come burglariserise, and my sanity will forever be lost. When will it end? WHEN WILL IT END?

Yeah, boring day at work.

t.gypsy
07-03-2010, 04:42 AM
lol..

Ok who can help me here i spotted a strange looking bird in the backyard it had a black body with white dots all over it,long tail and a weka type head meaning long sharp wood peckery type beak, tawny brown eyebrow, and a tawny brown underbelly what bird was it.

and before i was able to take a pic it flew off typical huh...

I have a feeling it is a native but what it is i have no idea

JoBear
07-03-2010, 07:22 AM
i have no idea. i'm thinking thrush but they aren't black.

i'm so sick of packing and cleaning.

t.gypsy
07-03-2010, 08:35 AM
i have no idea. i'm thinking thrush but they aren't black.

i'm so sick of packing and cleaning.

def not a thrush i answered my own question it was a long tailed cuckoo....

I know what you mean about the whole packing thing it annoys me too thankfully i havent had to pack for awhile the thing i find most tedious is having to think of where you are going to put the items but at the same time its a good opportunity to throw out what you dont want, find the things you thought you had thrown out or keep the stuff you want so its like a bit of a spring clean at the same time as packing to go to the new house to collect more junk.

JoBear
07-03-2010, 09:10 AM
while i'd be quite happy to just throw out heaps of stuff i feel guilty at the thought of it going to landfill.

_Ed_
07-03-2010, 10:34 AM
A moth just hit me in the eye. It wasn't pleasurable.

_Ed_
08-03-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm in the postgrad uni lab, and a guy just laughed very loud at something. We all looked at him, and he suddenly stopped laughing and went like :stunned:.

A bit awkward, really.

resistance.revolution
08-03-2010, 03:06 AM
Im in school in Australia -_- I wish I was in Nz

edit: someone save me!!!!

Michelle
08-03-2010, 04:14 AM
def not a thrush i answered my own question it was a long tailed cuckoo....

Yay me, I was thinking it could be that bird from your description :LOL: I don't think I've ever seen one before though. You might end up seeing more birds passing by from the now growing populations on Rangitoto and Motutapu from the pest eradication :)

A moth just hit me in the eye. It wasn't pleasurable.

:stunned:

I'm in the postgrad uni lab, and a guy just laughed very loud at something. We all looked at him, and he suddenly stopped laughing and went like :stunned:.

A bit awkward, really.

I'm just at home reading papers. I get so tired from reading them with my head ending up on the desk for a rest. I will probably go to uni tomorrow so hopefully the occasional outbursts by others will keep me awake :LOL:

Im in school in Australia -_- I wish I was in Nz

edit: someone save me!!!!

Aww, poor you!

darkshineskitty
08-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while because my internet at home gave up the ghost a few days ago, and I haven't had a chance to log on anywhere else until now. I'm typing this from the uni commons, which makes me feel awkward and like people are judging me :LOL: Luckily its not that crowded. There were two people next to me earlier who were sitting at the computer for about an hour and a half just chatting away and not even using the comp for anything :rolleyes:. I learnt more about those people's emotional lives than I ever wanted to :LOL: Anyways, I think once we pay the internet bill then I can stop lurking at uni and using up their bandwidth. I went on facebook before and it took me like an hour to go through all the piled up messages!
Oh and I might be going down to Wellington in April for Armageddon, I don't remember if you still work there or go to uni there Jo?

_Ed_
08-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Was wondering where you'd got to! I hate unintentional conversation overhearage. :indiff:

This video is impressive - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7_hzJlh_M0 I particularly like the wipeout at 1:38. :chuckle:

_Ed_
08-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm currently trying to remove the biggest fucking spider I've ever seen from the room, but it is cowering in the corner, which makes the glass and piece of paper manouevre problematic. I can't put the glass firmly over it unless it moves.

Will our hero (me...a hero...yeah...:unsure: ) be successful and save the poor spider from a death at the hands of the squirty poison dispenser thing? Stay tuned.

EDIT: Yes! An excellent effort, if I may say so myself. Heroic, even.

_Ed_
08-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I just can't get over the size of that spider. It was fucking colossal. My heart's going like the clappers now, to tell the truth.

I feel I need to draw a diagram to convey to you the size of the thing. Here is what I believe to be a fairly accurate representation (with myself and the spider labelled, just in case it's hard to differentiate between the two).
http://i46.tinypic.com/21loaia.jpg

t.gypsy
08-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I just can't get over the size of that spider. It was fucking colossal. My heart's going like the clappers now, to tell the truth.

I feel I need to draw a diagram to convey to you the size of the thing. Here is what I believe to be a fairly accurate representation (with myself and the spider labelled, just in case it's hard to differentiate between the two).

:rolleyes::rolleyes: oooo your a big brave man saving the world from a huge harmless hairy spider :p

I have a big spider in the house in the corner of a window and she can stay there she's getting rid of the fly's and mozzies for us.

Michelle
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM

Yay, go Rich! :LOL: I'm proud of you for your efforts and that drawing is very impressive :yesey:

I'm going to a seminar about elephant relocation at 1pm. I hope I can find the room and that it is a presentation with heaps of cute elephant pictures :happy:

I have a big spider in the house in the corner of a window and she can stay there she's getting rid of the fly's and mozzies for us.

Ooh that's good it's helpnig to get rid of all the mozzies. I haven't seen any big spiders for ages :erm:

t.gypsy
09-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Yay, go Rich! :LOL: I'm proud of you for your efforts and that drawing is very impressive :yesey:

I'm going to a seminar about elephant relocation at 1pm. I hope I can find the room and that it is a presentation with heaps of cute elephant pictures :happy:

Ooh that's good it's helpnig to get rid of all the mozzies. I haven't seen any big spiders for ages :erm:

the seminar sounds interesting makes me wish i could come and watch. And we have plenty of spiders in the house prolly coz of the trees around our house and our relaxness of it, And if we see a white tail we carefully capture it and let it go.

Michelle
09-03-2010, 02:21 AM
the seminar sounds interesting makes me wish i could come and watch. And we have plenty of spiders in the house prolly coz of the trees around our house and our relaxness of it, And if we see a white tail we carefully capture it and let it go.

It was an interesting seminar. Some cute and funny moments but also some sad ones. 75% of Africa is privately owned so it makes controlling where animals go more difficult as alot of places trade animals and sometimes they are moved to areas where they are not adapted. THey are working on getting more laws put in place though.

Kruger national park is over populated with about 12000 elephants and culling has stopped because of all the greenies and welfare people overseas. No one wants to do the culling, but it has been done humanely and they can give the meat in cans to locals so they have some benefit as otherwise the elephants are just doing to much damage to the park as they can't migrate because it is surrounded by a big fence (doesn't stop some though) and in some places outside it they'll just get shot. But they have successfuly relocated elephants to Angola and lots of other species with money from an American humane society, but it's still not going to have much effect unless they can move heaps more or there are other options like vesectomy but that is also costly. An interesting fact is that elephants testes are right in the back more like to where the are kidneys are in most mammals.

If I read this later it will help me remeber all this, lol.

They also mentioned a bit about a 3 week course the University of Pretoria runs on wildlife management stuff which is very practical so you can go out in the field darting and capturing animals for various things. The lady who was talking most about it said it helps a lot with getting jobs and there are a lot out there unlike here in NZ, so I would be very interested in doing that. That's another thing to save for then, about 5000 for everything on the trip plus flights :stunned:

_Ed_
09-03-2010, 03:32 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: oooo your a big brave man saving the world from a huge harmless hairy spider :p
How do you know it was harmless? Maybe most are, but this might have been a psychotic one.

That seminar sounds really interesting Michelle.

t.gypsy
09-03-2010, 05:15 AM
How do you know it was harmless? Maybe most are, but this might have been a psychotic one.

That seminar sounds really interesting Michelle.

:p yes them spiders are psychotic deary must go around the house and kill em off. And the seminar sounded interesting but its a sad reality with the way humans control things.

And i have a quote "if animals were to disappear the humans would suffer dramatically, if we were to disappear the animals wouldn't care apart from the domesticated but even they would get over it and readapt" .... so there whose the smarter one i would ask.

Super Sammy!
09-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Oh, the joys of Level 3 NCEA. :noey:

Half a term in, and the teachers are all already pulling out the if-you-talked-like-this-at-uni-they'd-kick-you-out card :indiff:

_Ed_
09-03-2010, 07:48 AM
I've never seen anyone kicked out for talking.

t.gypsy
09-03-2010, 08:57 AM

Half a term in, and the teachers are all already pulling out the if-you-talked-like-this-at-uni-they'd-kick-you-out card :indiff:

impressive scare tactics...

Super Sammy!
09-03-2010, 08:59 AM

impressive scare tactics...

Exactly! They can't be arsed giving us detentions anymore, so they just yell empty threats that aren't even true :LOL:

Super Sammy!
09-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Oh, also, if you're :wtf:ing at who I am, I used to be Sammy :p

_Ed_
09-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Aha! Thanks for clearing that up.

_Ed_
09-03-2010, 09:23 AM
I have Natural Confectionery Company lollies cravings. Might have to stop off on my way home from work and get some.

_Ed_
09-03-2010, 09:35 AM
My day at work just got so much worse. I was complaining about Close Up, with its trivial stories about Lara Bingle and Ben Lummis and Michael Murphy, but now I've been given a dramatisation of the murder of that little toddler, Nia Glassie. :(

This is going to be so hard. :(

t.gypsy
09-03-2010, 05:33 PM
My day at work just got so much worse. I was complaining about Close Up, with its trivial stories about Lara Bingle and Ben Lummis and Michael Murphy, but now I've been given a dramatisation of the murder of that little toddler, Nia Glassie. :(

This is going to be so hard. :(

alas it would be hard wouldnt it esp the nia glassie the poor wee mite. And who are the others???? and stop working for close up and jump to campbell live ;) they tend to have better stories

I have Natural Confectionery Company lollies cravings. Might have to stop off on my way home from work and get some.

after doing what you had to do it would need lollies to bring the sugar levels up after all the stress

Exactly! They can't be arsed giving us detentions anymore, so they just yell empty threats that aren't even true :LOL:

I was one of those that got given detentions a lot and i never went to em lol, but however i managed to stop one teacher from giving them to me, it was science and we were talking about the uneccessary use of paper and how that is damaging the enviroment because the trees were being cut down to make the paper, I was paying attention but however i got bored like i did in class and he promptly came to me and gave me a detention for not paying attention and i was like

"sir you are saying to us about the uneccessary use of paper and that is damaging the enviroment" and he went "yes" and i replied "well you are a hypocrite then arent you because you handed me a piece of paper which is a detention for not paying attention so that would be about aquarter of the amazon forrest cut down to make this paper you used to write to give me the detention which i will not attend as i have better things to do with my time" and i tell ya you should of seen the look on his face as the class were like oooooooooooo!!! but he admitted i was right and he took the detention off me and never gave them to me :D

i was quite the rebel in class

_Ed_
10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Will my NZ cricket jinx continue today at Eden Park? Almost certainly.

Michelle
10-03-2010, 10:40 PM
:p yes them spiders are psychotic deary must go around the house and kill em off. And the seminar sounded interesting but its a sad reality with the way humans control things.

And i have a quote "if animals were to disappear the humans would suffer dramatically, if we were to disappear the animals wouldn't care apart from the domesticated but even they would get over it and readapt" .... so there whose the smarter one i would ask.

Yep, there are a lot of people out there who could take a little more appreciation of other species. It's all about the balance of nature.

Uni is so much better than school/NCEA. Hang in there and you'll be out of school in no time!

I was one of those that got given detentions a lot and i never went to em lol, but however i managed to stop one teacher from giving them to me, it was science and we were talking about the uneccessary use of paper and how that is damaging the enviroment because the trees were being cut down to make the paper, I was paying attention but however i got bored like i did in class and he promptly came to me and gave me a detention for not paying attention and i was like

"sir you are saying to us about the uneccessary use of paper and that is damaging the enviroment" and he went "yes" and i replied "well you are a hypocrite then arent you because you handed me a piece of paper which is a detention for not paying attention so that would be about aquarter of the amazon forrest cut down to make this paper you used to write to give me the detention which i will not attend as i have better things to do with my time" and i tell ya you should of seen the look on his face as the class were like oooooooooooo!!! but he admitted i was right and he took the detention off me and never gave them to me :D

i was quite the rebel in class

Haha, that was a very smart way of getting out of that and it shows you were at least paying some attention.

t.gypsy
10-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes michelle there were a few times in class that i managed to make the teacher back down as they knew they either couldnt argue or if they did i would have something to back it up.

The liberal teachers were cool i had one that would sit down in a desk in front of me and discuss and include the other students hehe, others would like tell me that i need to shut up.

What are we all up to i am gunna look up a recipe on making pastry i just want to have a go at making it, it will be interesting as i dont have a food processor i have a blender but i have been told you can do it by hand.

Michelle
11-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Mmm, pastry. I'm just catching up on e-mails and what not. I should probably get back to reading papers now.

t.gypsy
11-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Mmm, pastry. I'm just catching up on e-mails and what not. I should probably get back to reading papers now.

Which you prolly have done so since posting that thread... after looking through moms recipe draw i found a good pastry recipe you can make by hand and is a rather nice looking one.. And also gunna see if i can make a sweet one too a blackberry,apple pie or tart and see how that goes.

darkshineskitty
11-03-2010, 06:29 AM

That spider looks like its wearing pigtails :chuckle:

My teachers would always be like 'we're preparing you for university!' when they gave us assignments and things. So not even true :LOL: Actually I remember my intermediate teacher saying that when she gave us lots of homework- 'I'm preparing you for high school!'. Then when I got do high school we barely ever actually did our homework :LOL: Unless they were a scary teacher. I think in 7th form I didn't do any of the homework assignments set to me unless they were worth credits :LOL: If the teacher gave us practice essays or something I would never do them.

Sammy, why did you change your username? :LOL:

I have, and I've almost been kicked out myself :LOL: I rememeber the lecturer giving a very stern warning in a lecture, obviously meant for me and my friends. So we didn't go to that lecture the next time it was on :LOL:

I saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D the other day :happy: It was pretty good- the costumes and character designs were really good, and in some parts the 3d was impressive. The girl next to me kept flinching really hard :LOL: It wasn't as impressive as Avatar, but there were some moments where it really made a great impact. Johnny Depp was really good as the Mad Hatter too. I was worried from the trailer that it would be too much about him, but his role was good. And he was really really likeable. Not too mad. The story line was okay, better than I expected. I think the fact that the movie style wasn't too Burton-esque saved it. I would still really like to see a film adaptation of American McGee's Alice though.

JoBear
11-03-2010, 08:40 AM
hello...

well oren and i are all moved out of our flat. took forever! we are internetless until orcon sends us a modem...so i've come to my friend's place with my laptop to steal her wireless.

t.gypsy
11-03-2010, 07:54 PM
hello...

well oren and i are all moved out of our flat. took forever! we are internetless until orcon sends us a modem...so i've come to my friend's place with my laptop to steal her wireless.

hows the new place you moved into??? and i bet your still unpacking and figuring out where things are to go and then also asking why you brought a certain something with you lol.... I think unpacking at a new place is more fun than packing and moving to a new place is that odd.

And for the first pastry trial will be a good old fashioned bacon and egg pie with homemade pastry and the recipe i found is good

150g butter
1 and a 1/2 cup flower
pinch of salt
water

thats that just crumb the butter in the flour then knead it into a ball and chill for 30mins how easy is that

Michelle
12-03-2010, 04:18 AM
I saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D the other day :happy: It was pretty good- the costumes and character designs were really good, and in some parts the 3d was impressive. The girl next to me kept flinching really hard :LOL: It wasn't as impressive as Avatar, but there were some moments where it really made a great impact. Johnny Depp was really good as the Mad Hatter too. I was worried from the trailer that it would be too much about him, but his role was good. And he was really really likeable. Not too mad. The story line was okay, better than I expected. I think the fact that the movie style wasn't too Burton-esque saved it. I would still really like to see a film adaptation of American McGee's Alice though.

I agree with your review, was too lazy to write my own :LOL: But yeah, the 3D wasn't that spectacular because things didn't make much of an impact since they didn't hang around out of the screen that much. I also had an annoying girl sitting next to me, she was a loud eater for at least the first half of the movie and occasionaly laughed loud, etc :rolleyes:

And for the first pastry trial will be a good old fashioned bacon and egg pie with homemade pastry and the recipe i found is good

150g butter
1 and a 1/2 cup flower
pinch of salt
water

thats that just crumb the butter in the flour then knead it into a ball and chill for 30mins how easy is that

Sounds good.

_Ed_
12-03-2010, 05:47 AM
"His knee blew up."

Sounds spectacular! But apparently they just meant it was swollen. I won't lie, I was a bit disappointed.

_Ed_
12-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Was just flicking through the channels and heard this ad on Discovery.

"They did it too! TYRANNOSAURUS SEX, Monday night, Discovery."

:eek:

That's my Monday night sorted. :LOL:

darkshineskitty
13-03-2010, 02:31 AM
I agree with your review, was too lazy to write my own :LOL: But yeah, the 3D wasn't that spectacular because things didn't make much of an impact since they didn't hang around out of the screen that much. I also had an annoying girl sitting next to me, she was a loud eater for at least the first half of the movie and occasionaly laughed loud, etc :rolleyes:

Yeah there was a girl behind me who was laughing really long and loud at all the funny bits. Like she was still laughing really loud when everyone else had already stopped. And during the first half she kept making these annoying little comments when the characters would say something. But luckily she stopped after a while. I could still hear her laughing though :rolleyes:

Does anyone here watch the latest season of American Idol btw?

t.gypsy
13-03-2010, 03:13 AM
:notes to self when seeing alice in wonderland, 'this movie tends to bring the nobs and idiots to watch this movie just think yourself lucky you dont have the dna in your genes:

the movie i am keen to see if remember me it looks like a good movie and robert def is a brill actor he captures the emotions of what the movie was about.

Lol ed that sounds like a rather interesting things they did say that the asteroid that hit earth that killed the dinosaur finished them off they were already on the way out and of course my mom bless her had to ask a rather interesting question....

"if that killed the dinosaurs off then how come the animals of these days are the evolved species of the dinosaurs if they were wiped out where did the evoloution come in??" lol yeah that is a rather interesting question any thoughts guys.

_Ed_
13-03-2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588370,00.html?test=latestnews :chuckle:

t.gypsy
13-03-2010, 06:21 PM

:chuckle: :chuckle: looks like they will be the butt of all jokes for a while till they get to the bottom of it :facepalm:

_Ed_
14-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Those are some terrible puns. Kudos.

So I hear John Hopoate is now pursuing a boxing career. Won't wearing boxing gloves make his favourite manouevre logistically difficult?

JoBear
14-03-2010, 02:46 AM
hows the new place you moved into??? and i bet your still unpacking and figuring out where things are to go and then also asking why you brought a certain something with you lol.... I think unpacking at a new place is more fun than packing and moving to a new place is that odd.

it's just a temporary place, staying at o's mum until we move to england at the end of april so there isn't really unpacking as such. already living out of a suitcase and i haven't even left the country yet.

maybe the modem will turn up tomorrow, my friend and her husband are playing wii while i use their internet!

t.gypsy
14-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Those are some terrible puns. Kudos.

So I hear John Hopoate is now pursuing a boxing career. Won't wearing boxing gloves make his favourite manouevre logistically difficult?

are you trying to see if you can get more terrible puns out of me here ed :p that is just like waving the carrot at a donkey there

Michelle
14-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Was just flicking through the channels and heard this ad on Discovery.

"They did it too! TYRANNOSAURUS SEX, Monday night, Discovery."

That's my Monday night sorted. :LOL:

:LOL: Damn, this is one of those times when not having discovery channel sucks!

Yeah there was a girl behind me who was laughing really long and loud at all the funny bits. Like she was still laughing really loud when everyone else had already stopped. And during the first half she kept making these annoying little comments when the characters would say something. But luckily she stopped after a while. I could still hear her laughing though :rolleyes:

They wear themselves out after a while, don't they? But we are still annoyed we are seated near them :rolleyes:

"if that killed the dinosaurs off then how come the animals of these days are the evolved species of the dinosaurs if they were wiped out where did the evoloution come in??" lol yeah that is a rather interesting question any thoughts guys.

Well part of it is that they already think the dinosaurs were in decline from some other cause. Last I heard, they were still debating over whether dinosaurs were cold or warm blooded. I think that if they were cold blooded that would have lead to their extinction after the asteroid impact because the climate became very cold and there there wouldn't have been enough sun to heat up these big animals. Therefore they would have been very dopey and not be able to eat much, especially the meat eaters. However the dinosaur to bird lineage survived which would have probably been warm blooded like modern day birds :awesome: [/my purely hypothetical scientific hypothesis]

:rolleyes:

Ugh, I have a bit of a cold, bleh. Walking around the Kumeu Show in the weekend was interesting though.

_Ed_
15-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Well part of it is that they already think the dinosaurs were in decline from some other cause. Last I heard, they were still debating over whether dinosaurs were cold or warm blooded. I think that if they were cold blooded that would have lead to their extinction after the asteroid impact because the climate became very cold and there there wouldn't have been enough sun to heat up these big animals. Therefore they would have been very dopey and not be able to eat much, especially the meat eaters. However the dinosaur to bird lineage survived which would have probably been warm blooded like modern they birds :awesome: [/my purely hypothetical scientific hypothesis]
That's really interesting. Hadn't thought of that!

Ugh, I have a bit of a cold, bleh. Walking around the Kumeu Show in the weekend was interesting though.
Colds at this part of the year are the worst! Cos you know it's probably the first of many. :( Hope it gets better soon. What sort of stuff did you see at the Kumeu Show?

Michelle
15-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Colds at this part of the year are the worst! Cos you know it's probably the first of many. :( Hope it gets better soon. What sort of stuff did you see at the Kumeu Show?

Yeah, it's not nice getting one this early. My sister got it too, so it must be in the air :erm: Last year I only got one of these blocked sinuses type cold, so hopefully I'll follow the same pattern.

The Kumeu show had all sorts of animals, mostly the farming type. The alpacas were there, I petted a little pony and some pomeranians :happy: The rest of the show was just a big fair of all sorts of farming, gardening, cooking, food, crafts, etc. At one stall my mum and I probably tried nearly a whole glass of while each of trying different sorts, the fejoa was pretty good. Had plenty of food samples so we didn't get hungry :LOL: We ended up buying a set of stoneline pots and pans too, the ones where nothing will stick to it, it's not a chemical non-stick coating, and they have a 12 year guarantee :awesome: :chuckle:

_Ed_
15-03-2010, 04:54 AM
That is quite a guarantee.

I just went to see Alice in Wonderland. I'd heard mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it.

t.gypsy
15-03-2010, 05:03 AM
i've got a cold that i have had since about the mid of feb and the only thing that is remaining is the annoyang cough.

And as for the hypothesis theory is the possible one and another one that i came up with because we still have some cold blooded animals and some of them are small and close to the ground they would of escaped because they would of hidden and also the fishes escaped the wipe out as they were in the water and there are prolly still things in the ocean that hasnt evovled from the dinosaur age.

the kumeu show sounded quite interesting i wanted to go to the beach races we had here but i had to work for some fussy complaining bitches that looked down thier noses at you... they were a perfume company i almost choked everytime i had to clean the room.

_Ed_
15-03-2010, 09:50 AM
I sense Jo's presence. Are they modemed again? Remodemed, even.

I wonder why Auckland's so desperate to finish the art gallery renovations in time for the World Cup. It's not like the art gallery will be high on the list for rugby fans, is it?

darkshineskitty
15-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Well part of it is that they already think the dinosaurs were in decline from some other cause. Last I heard, they were still debating over whether dinosaurs were cold or warm blooded. I think that if they were cold blooded that would have lead to their extinction after the asteroid impact because the climate became very cold and there there wouldn't have been enough sun to heat up these big animals. Therefore they would have been very dopey and not be able to eat much, especially the meat eaters. However the dinosaur to bird lineage survived which would have probably been warm blooded like modern day birds :awesome: [/my purely hypothetical scientific hypothesis]

But what about reptiles that evolved from dinosaurs? :erm: Cause they're cold blooded, aren't they?
I heard that they recently "proved" that it was in fact a meteor. It hit the earth with the explosive force of like a 100 million atomic bombs or something crazy. I didn't actually see the report though- it was on Nightline or something and I switched before the story came on.

We're slowly losing all communication with the outside world at home. There was no phone, then no internet, and now no power. I'm at my Dad's atm. Mum's paid the bill but they have to reconnect us. It's pretty shit- we've been living without much money for ages now, since before Christmas. There's money coming in now, but a whole backlog of debts to pay. Hopefully they''ll be sorted soon so I can get the net back at home to do assignments.

_Ed_
15-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I hope so too! That goes way beyond inconvenient.

How's uni been for you so far?

darkshineskitty
15-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I hope so too! That goes way beyond inconvenient.

How's uni been for you so far?

Alright, not looking forward to assignments.

You?

_Ed_
15-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Understandably. Any particularly nasty ones coming up?

It's been alright for me too. I've been really lazy so far. No classes, so I've ended up spending most of my time at uni on Facebook. I haven't even chosen a topic for my dissertation yet. :erm: This "meh, I've got until June!" attitude has to stop.

JoBear
16-03-2010, 07:12 AM
we got a modem today (was at a friend's last night) but we can't get our wireless to work on it so i'm on the usb connection. it's so frustrating!

_Ed_
16-03-2010, 07:19 AM
That's infuriating! :(

JoBear
16-03-2010, 07:24 AM
and the modem orcon sent us has an ethernet cable that doesn't work and we don't know where our other one is. packed in a box i guess!

_Ed_
16-03-2010, 08:16 AM
That's always the way.

Took them long enough to send you the modem! You could say the service has been pretty poorcon. Ho ho.

_Ed_
16-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Just ran over my own foot with my computer chair. :facepalm: Skills.

But on the plus side, I just had to watch an already captioned episode of Hi-5 in double speed. At such a speed, it reaches indescribable levels of awesome. :LOL:

Michelle
17-03-2010, 03:34 AM
I just went to see Alice in Wonderland. I'd heard mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it.

Good to hear you enjoyed it too.

i've got a cold that i have had since about the mid of feb and the only thing that is remaining is the annoyang cough.

Ah that sucks. I'm better today. Yesterday morning I felt crap, constantly feeling like I was going to sneeze but I got better once my mum came home with Codral :awesome:

But what about reptiles that evolved from dinosaurs? :erm: Cause they're cold blooded, aren't they?
I heard that they recently "proved" that it was in fact a meteor. It hit the earth with the explosive force of like a 100 million atomic bombs or something crazy. I didn't actually see the report though- it was on Nightline or something and I switched before the story came on.

Yeah I saw it on the news too, the experts all agree that the asteroid was the main cause of extinction because of the layers of rock they found. But they also think the dinosaurs were already in low numbers.

Apart from birds that evolved from dinosaurs, I don't know of any reptiles that evolved from dinosaurs late in that time. Any that did evolve from dinos would have done so before the asteroid impact and survived that. Crocodiles survived from the dino age, maybe being in the water helped them... I wonder what happened with all the big water reptiles though, whether they were extinct before the dinos or not.. Hmmm.

But on the plus side, I just had to watch an already captioned episode of Hi-5 in double speed. At such a speed, it reaches indescribable levels of awesome. :LOL:

:LOL::LOL:

_Ed_
17-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Good to hear you're feeling better Michelle!

I had politics supervisors "speed dating" today. It was as awkward as it sounds. You got 3 minutes to talk to each lecturer and see if they might be potential supervisors for you. For some, the 3 minutes was nowhere near enough. But there were also a few who said, "wow. That's not my area of expertise at all. Can't help you, sorry." And the rest of the time with them was a bit excruciating!

Michelle
17-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Haha, wow. That sounds like an experience to be remembered :LOL: Would be useful I suppose if your not sure about what all the lecturers do. Did you find some potential supervisors for your interests?

_Ed_
17-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Yeah, it was pretty helpful. I'm still not entirely sure what I want to write my dissertation or thesis on (one of them will be Hawaii), but now I know who to approach when I make that decision.

I just made myself some really delicious dinner - scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. :happy: I'm quite chuffed. Who said I couldn't cook? Hmm? Speak up. Oh, I did? Ah. Well, that's dented my happy, "told you so" mood a bit.

Super Sammy!
17-03-2010, 06:34 AM

I walked into a closed door today.
A big, 6 foot tall, wooden door. :facepalm:

JoBear
17-03-2010, 06:34 AM
i love salmon :happy:

_Ed_
17-03-2010, 06:41 AM
I walked into a closed door today.
A big, 6 foot tall, wooden door. :facepalm:
Ouch. We're fabulous human beings.

i love salmon :happy:
:yesey: :happy:

Super Sammy!
17-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Salmon is awesome, salmon steaks are just to die for :happy:

And I don't even know how I managed to walk into said door... It was a wardrobe door :LOL:

_Ed_
17-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Agree about salmon steaks. Mmm. :happy:

I hate that it's my sister's birthday tomorrow and I won't see her. I've seen her on her birthday every year of my life until now. :( But she lives up in Warkworth now and works in Whangarei, and since I'm working tomorrow, there's no way I can go up and see her. Really gutted.

t.gypsy
18-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Salmon is awesome, salmon steaks are just to die for :happy:

And I don't even know how I managed to walk into said door... It was a wardrobe door :LOL:

try walking into the closed side part of a ranch slider door that you thought was opened and at the time i was reading a magazine......

Whose keeping thier eyes on the announcement thread that muse is said to be coming out with.

_Ed_
18-03-2010, 03:02 AM
I came into work today, and my computer screens were displaying everything on its side. I moved the mouse side to side and the cursor went up and down. It was completely bizarre and inexplicable. I honestly thought I might have lost the plot, but I was relieved when my workmates noticed and came over and talked about it.

Luckily a restart made everything hunky dory.

It was highly peculiar.

_Ed_
18-03-2010, 07:25 AM
I just noticed that Hell closes at 10pm on Thursdays. My plans for dinner when I finish work at 11 have been thrown into disarray!

Domino's is open until midnight. Hmm. Will loyalty or my pizza cravings win?

Michelle
18-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I just noticed that Hell closes at 10pm on Thursdays. My plans for dinner when I finish work at 11 have been thrown into disarray!

Domino's is open until midnight. Hmm. Will loyalty or my pizza cravings win?

Well?

_Ed_
18-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I got frustrated by the Domino's website so ended up just going to Denny's instead. :chuckle:

You can say what you like about Denny's, but at least they don't judge. Some people, when some loner came into their restaurant at 11pm and chose something huge and eggy from the breakfast menu, would be like, "really?" But not Denny's. :happy:

_Ed_
19-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Went to Sale St with my sister for lunch today. I knocked over and broke a beer glass. :facepalm:

I wasn't even drunk. At least if I was, I'd have an excuse. That would also have made it easier to cope with the awkwardness and embarrassment of having everyone in the bar looking at me! :LOL:

Michelle
19-03-2010, 03:38 AM

Denny's should have been a better dinner option anyway.

I got myself a new iPod, finally! Haven't put anything on it yet as I got distracted coming on here testing it's Internet capacity and it is pretty :awesome: so far :happy:

_Ed_
19-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Awesome!

And yeah, I did enjoy Denny's. I had steak. :happy: It came with random shrimps on the side. Unrequested shrimpage. But that was fine.

How was everyone's week?

t.gypsy
19-03-2010, 04:49 AM
mines fantastic i have put my cross stitch down as i am getting too pissed off with it and well i made a mistake of going into musey times with cleverbot.

I've been playing with it since i stepped onto it lol. the things you can come out with and it comes up with is hilarious.

Michelle
19-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Awesome!

And yeah, I did enjoy Denny's. I had steak. :happy: It came with random shrimps on the side. Unrequested shrimpage. But that was fine.

How was everyone's week?

I had steak last night too but with mushrooms. Cooked in our new frypan and it was good :happy:

I'm going to have a lot of fun fiddling with this ipod. But why doesn't the NZ itunes store have the Muse app?? :indiff:

mines fantastic i have put my cross stitch down as i am getting too pissed off with it and well i made a mistake of going into musey times with cleverbot.

I've been playing with it since i stepped onto it lol. the things you can come out with and it comes up with is hilarious.

That's good you have put it down, we wouldn't want anything to have happened to it during your fustration eh? :LOL:

t.gypsy
19-03-2010, 05:16 AM
I had steak last night too but with mushrooms. Cooked in our new frypan and it was good :happy:

I'm going to have a lot of fun fiddling with this ipod. But why doesn't the NZ itunes store have the Muse app?? :indiff:

That's good you have put it down, we wouldn't want anything to have happened to it during your fustration eh? :LOL:

:lol: hell no but i am seeming to retort to how i always treat my craft more than one project on the go seems more comfortble to me.

I am now really tempted to get an ipod now.... And i suppose if you get one new from the shops it comes with all the know how i really want to be able to take my music with me.

JoBear
19-03-2010, 06:16 AM
my week's been alright - workwise it's gone pretty quickly and i got to see my mum last night and tonight. off to wellington very soon.

hey kitty - you know my star necklace you mentioned at shadows? talking to you about it made me finally decide i would splurge and get it made in white gold, i got it back today and it's so cool. glad i have two now in case i ever lose it.

darkshineskitty
19-03-2010, 11:33 AM
my week's been alright - workwise it's gone pretty quickly and i got to see my mum last night and tonight. off to wellington very soon.

hey kitty - you know my star necklace you mentioned at shadows? talking to you about it made me finally decide i would splurge and get it made in white gold, i got it back today and it's so cool. glad i have two now in case i ever lose it.

Wow, nice one Jo! That necklace was is pretty. Any chance of a pic of the new one?

I have the internet back at home :awesome: It feels nice :LOL:
In preparation for the 3D sequel to Tron which is coming out soon, my friend and I watched the original down in the AV library today. It was lolarious :LOL: So, so 80s. The costumes are like, material. But with neon lights. And the CGI is just 3d outlines except for some parts. The plot had all these major holes in it :LOL:. It was fantastic, but we didn't get to watch the end because the library was closing. But at least the nice guy was working :happy:. I always have a few friendly words with him about the movie I'm going to watch.

_Ed_
19-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I have the internet back at home :awesome: It feels nice :LOL:

In preparation for the 3D sequel to Tron which is coming out soon, my friend and I watched the original down in the AV library today. It was lolarious :LOL: So, so 80s. The costumes are like, material. But with neon lights. And the CGI is just 3d outlines except for some parts. The plot had all these major holes in it :LOL:.
That sounds phenomenally fabulous. I must see it.

In a not particularly-related movie matter, Yes Man is about to start on TV. Have you seen it? Is it worth watching?

But at least the nice guy was working :happy:. I always have a few friendly words with him about the movie I'm going to watch.
That too is worthy of :awesome:-age.

_Ed_
20-03-2010, 04:17 AM
http://buffetoblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/four-eyes-runway-model.jpg

t.gypsy
20-03-2010, 05:07 AM

that takes headlights to a new level.

Hey i saw your name last night captioning leigh harts mysterious planet ;)

_Ed_
20-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Haha. That was a nightmare to work on. The video of it was so late arriving on Thursday, and I had to stay late to get it done in time. *mutters*

Had a fun night out with friends tonight. There was one hilarious moment that was probably a "you had to be there", but I'll try to tell the story anyway. We were on the dancefloor, dancing (weird, right? Who does that on a dancefloor?) Anyway, these girls were quite near us, also dancing, and one of them started getting quite cosy. She then got extremely close to me, and I looked at my friend like :erm:. Little did I know that she happened to be looking at me at the same time.

What followed was priceless. She suddenly was all :eek: and then went, "ARRRRGGGHHH!" My friend and I were then doubled over with laughter for the next 10 minutes.

I hope she wasn't too embarrassed or anything. We found it bloody funny.

One of my other friends was quite drunk so I walked home with him to make sure he got there OK....to Herne Bay. Didn't seem as far as it is when we made the decision to walk.

_Ed_
20-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Oh, and earlier in the evening, I just heard one phrase of a conversation two of my friends at the other end of the table were sitting at - "so, pinatas!"

I'm going to be using this phrase to break every silence we have in the next few months.

darkshineskitty
21-03-2010, 01:25 AM
that takes headlights to a new level.

I guess you could say he was blinded by the headlights ;) :facepalm:

Had a fun night out with friends tonight. There was one hilarious moment that was probably a "you had to be there", but I'll try to tell the story anyway. We were on the dancefloor, dancing (weird, right? Who does that on a dancefloor?) Anyway, these girls were quite near us, also dancing, and one of them started getting quite cosy. She then got extremely close to me, and I looked at my friend like :erm:. Little did I know that she happened to be looking at me at the same time.

What followed was priceless. She suddenly was all :eek: and then went, "ARRRRGGGHHH!" My friend and I were then doubled over with laughter for the next 10 minutes.

I hope she wasn't too embarrassed or anything. We found it bloody funny.

Do you mean that she thought you were someone else?

_Ed_
21-03-2010, 01:32 AM
I guess you could say he was blinded by the headlights ;) :facepalm:
Nicely done.

Do you mean that she thought you were someone else?
I have no idea! It was incredibly bizarre.

Anyway, how are you today?

darkshineskitty
21-03-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm good. Still in my pajamas :chuckle:

I've had this song stuck in my head for ages, but I can't remember how it goes! Its got a bit that sounds kinda like that song 'you light up my life' and then it goes on and then there's a part which is like 'and you, you're not alone, I'll stand by your side' or something. I feel like maybe its an Alanis Morrisette song? I've been trying to work it out for ages.

_Ed_
21-03-2010, 01:56 AM
I'm good. Still in my pajamas :chuckle:
Haha, love days like that.

Hmm, don't think I can help you with that song, sorry. I thought from the "you light up my life" bit that it might be Shining Light by Ash, but that song doesn't have the other bit and certainly doesn't sound like Alanis.

No luck Googling those lyrics?

darkshineskitty
21-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Haha, love days like that.

Hmm, don't think I can help you with that song, sorry. I thought from the "you light up my life" bit that it might be Shining Light by Ash, but that song doesn't have the other bit and certainly doesn't sound like Alanis.

No luck Googling those lyrics?

Nope, I just got some song by Avril Lavigne. Oh well.
I'm gonna go get up now :LOL: Have a good day

darkshineskitty
21-03-2010, 02:08 AM
I found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zMnrBCBa0

Not quite the lyrics I thought but the same tune. Finally it has been solved!

_Ed_
21-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Yay! That's always such a great feeling.

Michelle
22-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I am now really tempted to get an ipod now.... And i suppose if you get one new from the shops it comes with all the know how i really want to be able to take my music with me.

They don't really come with much these days. But all the detalied manuals are on the the website which it gives the address for. So you can pretty much learn how to use it before you buy.

Oh that's awesome. I wouldn't mind getting one of my pendants done just in silver as it has worn out quite a bit after wearing it all last year. But I think I better not be spending any more money at the moment.

:LOL: for below as I can't seem to get below it in the message box :erm:

_Ed_
22-03-2010, 01:37 AM
That's random. :erm: The board is a strange beast.

_Ed_
22-03-2010, 02:45 AM
I just got run over by a rental car. Fucking Hertz.

This is where I'd usually put in the embarrassed face, but I won't this time. I'm actually quite proud of that one, no matter how misplaced that pride may be.

_Ed_
22-03-2010, 05:16 AM
In his TV interview today, Tiger Woods said, "I'm going back to my roots." :chuckle:

MistressMary
22-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zMnrBCBa0

Not quite the lyrics I thought but the same tune. Finally it has been solved!
That song gives me the chills! Love! I know it's not cool to like Alanis, but oh well.

Oh no! What bad tourist drivers! (I just assume anyone who rents a car is a tourist-although, I wouldn't mind renting out a flash car one day.. drive up to a mates place and be like, yup, i'm successful .. and a student.. what d'ya mean? Of course those two go hand in hand!) I'm glad you're ok Ed :)

I had forgotten my password to this place.. So spent awhile wracking my brains before I remembered most sites have a 'forgotten your password?' link. Stupid me..

_Ed_
22-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Shit, I just noticed how badly explained and ambiguous that was. That didn't actually happen. My bad! I was just bored and trying to make a funny pun, so any concern/amusement at the thought of me being bowled over by some disoriented and/or disgruntled Germans is unnecessary.

It's ages since we last saw you around these parts! How have you been?

JoBear
22-03-2010, 08:55 AM
They don't really come with much these days. But all the detalied manuals are on the the website which it gives the address for. So you can pretty much learn how to use it before you buy.

Oh that's awesome. I wouldn't mind getting one of my pendants done just in silver as it has worn out quite a bit after wearing it all last year. But I think I better not be spending any more money at the moment.

getting a silver pendant remade shouldn't take much money, if they can use the other one as a mould it's usually a lot cheaper (what they did with my star). getting it done in white gold cost $300...although now i'm thinking i want it done in rose gold too. :LOL:

_Ed_
22-03-2010, 10:48 AM
http://chestofbooks.com/food/household/Woman-Encyclopaedia-4/images/Fig-3-Suspicion-The-hero-observes-the-heroine-in-friendly.png
Suspicion, apparently.

So next time you're suspicious, put on a suit and assume a forward seated position. :yesey:

_Ed_
22-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Wow, William Shatner's 79.

Considered that worth mentioning.

_Ed_
23-03-2010, 12:50 AM
I wonder if any dyslexic people have accidentally gone to a fascist gathering, thinking they were getting a facial. Would be an unfortunate mistake to make.

Michelle
23-03-2010, 02:42 AM
In his TV interview today, Tiger Woods said, "I'm going back to my roots." :chuckle:

getting a silver pendant remade shouldn't take much money, if they can use the other one as a mould it's usually a lot cheaper (what they did with my star). getting it done in white gold cost $300...although now i'm thinking i want it done in rose gold too. :LOL:

Hmm, I guess they should be able to make a mould of it. I would just be worried if the little details of the lion would come out good. Ooh, rose gold would be pretty too.

http://chestofbooks.com/food/household/Woman-Encyclopaedia-4/images/Fig-3-Suspicion-The-hero-observes-the-heroine-in-friendly.png
Suspicion, apparently.

So next time you're suspicious, put on a suit and assume a forward seated position. :yesey:

Good to know.

Wow, William Shatner's 79.

Considered that worth mentioning.

Huh. I wonder if he is settling down now since Boston Legal has finished.

I wonder if any dyslexic people have accidentally gone to a fascist gathering, thinking they were getting a facial. Would be an unfortunate mistake to make.

That would be quite unfortunate :erm:

MistressMary
23-03-2010, 07:57 AM
It's ages since we last saw you around these parts! How have you been?

I've been good :) I am now in my 4th year of undergrad study! YAY..! lol.. Most of my friends are doing their honours or masters.. Are you still doing law?

What happened with the Hertz rental car then? I assure you, I would not laugh at such injuries. It was all concern :)

_Ed_
23-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Haha, that was just a lame pun on hurts and Hertz. So, so terrible. :facepalm:

Nah, I'm not doing law anymore. I'm doing postgrad politics now. :) Start my Masters in July (hopefully).

_Ed_
23-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Wonder if they'll change the Shortland Street intro sequence anytime soon. It's rather littered with dead people.

From before they were dead, obviously. I didn't mean it was littered with corpses at various stages of decay.

JoBear
23-03-2010, 08:23 AM
should just do a spin off - shortland street zombies.

_Ed_
23-03-2010, 08:26 AM

JoBear
23-03-2010, 08:29 AM
a lady is test driving my car tomorrow, fingers crossed she likes it. she had a look at it today where i park it in town when i go to work and really liked it. she was already talking about taking it to get an AA inspection so it sounds pretty hopeful i might sell her.

_Ed_
23-03-2010, 08:31 AM
That sounds really promising. :happy: Will be a shame to see it go though. :(

JoBear
23-03-2010, 09:02 AM
yeah it's really silly but i do adore her. it's just that she's the first car that was all mine, that i bought myself with help with no one in my family and she's been perfect for the last year and a half. i'd keep her until she died if i wasn't going overseas!

_Ed_
23-03-2010, 09:08 AM
That's not silly at all! It's completely understandable.

MistressMary
23-03-2010, 07:31 PM
yeah it's really silly but i do adore her. it's just that she's the first car that was all mine, that i bought myself with help with no one in my family and she's been perfect for the last year and a half. i'd keep her until she died if i wasn't going overseas!
You're going overseas?! Again!? You're so lucky... Where!? Where!? How exciting! I'm so jealous..

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Smithereens is a nice word. Wonder if I can find room for it in my dissertation.

Rain-induced drippy hair, on the other hand, is not nice. At home, you can just get a towel and dry yourself, but what about at uni? I can't bring a towel with me every day just in case a drippy hair emergency arises, and the hand-drying machines in the bathrooms might not be much fun to put your head under. It's a fucking conundrum.

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 02:25 AM
That ugly cyst thing that has mystified doctors and wrecked my self-confidence for the last 7 months is going away! :awesome: It's going out with a bang, it must be said. :erm: Hope you're not eating while reading this.

And it's amazing what impact one thing like that can have - now I can look in the mirror and think, "s'alright", which I haven't done very often in my life before. :happy:

Helps that I now know exactly what I'm doing at uni this semester, and am also being honest with myself and accepting what my dream job when I finish studying is (no matter how embarrassing I've considered it to be in the past!).

Could you call this an epiphany? Because using the word epiphany in a post has been a life-long goal of mine.

JoBear
24-03-2010, 05:46 AM
You're going overseas?! Again!? You're so lucky... Where!? Where!? How exciting! I'm so jealous..
Oren and I are moving to London on the 26 April. :happy: And I just got told I'm getting a $5000 payrise at work...typical.

JoBear
24-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Oren and I are moving to London on the 26 April. :happy: And I just got told I'm getting a $5000 payrise at work...typical.
What's your dream job Richard?

JoBear
24-03-2010, 05:47 AM
why did i quote myself?

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Yes, Jo, why did you quote yourself?

My dream job is...*drumroll*...Trackside TV presenter. Don't laugh! I think I have the credentials - I worked for 2 years on the radio version, helping out the presenters when their minds went blank (so hopefully they can give me references) and speaking quite a bit on air, and I've written 118 newspaper articles for Hawke's Bay Today.

The whole being on TV thing might take some getting used to, but I really want to have a crack at it, and I think it's my ideal job. I have far better memory when it comes to horse racing than I ever have when I try to study for exams, and I could talk about it non-stop for hours.

Sometimes I've been a bit embarrassed about that, but it's time to get over it.

And I just got told I'm getting a $5000 payrise at work...typical.
:( Just when you're about to leave, rendering it largely useless. Cunts. :indiff:

JoBear
24-03-2010, 06:22 AM
my 19 days of annual leave will be paid out on the higher salary :awesome:

JoBear
24-03-2010, 06:23 AM
also - there's nothing to be embarrassed about! that sounds awesome.

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 06:23 AM
That is a big plus.

darkshineskitty
24-03-2010, 11:00 AM

That's so cool! :awesome:

Dream job sounds awesome, Rich! If that's what you like then there's nothing embarrassing about wanting to pursue it!

I really need to start my 3 essays, one of which is due next Tuesday instead of next Thursday like I thought.

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh dear. :( Well at least you found that out now! How long are the essays?

darkshineskitty
24-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh dear. :( Well at least you found that out now! How long are the essays?

I think there's a 1000 "essay plan", a 1500 close reading, and possibly a 2000 stylistic examination essay.

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Right. 1000 is quite a bit for an essay plan. I'd find that pretty hard.

darkshineskitty
24-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Right. 1000 is quite a bit for an essay plan. I'd find that pretty hard.

Yeah but they give you a big sheet on how to plan it and stuff, because we're supposed to pick our own question. Anyways, I have a super early start tomorrow. I hope its not going to be cold when I get up. Night!

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Fair enough. Night!

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Air drumming to The Go! Team is a solid workout, considering the fact that they have two drummers.

_Ed_
24-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Sun 01/08/10 The Temper Trap Powerstation
A fair while away, but still.

_Ed_
25-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Four in a row by me. I should be ashamed. :noey:

But I do have to vent my frustration at my uni supervisor. I sent him an email on Monday asking what time suited him for me to go in and discuss my dissertation. He said "any time Thurs is good". So I go up to his office today, which you might notice is Thursday (or Thurs, in lecturer lingo), and what do I see? A sign on his door saying "not in Thursday".

I've been stood up. :(

I came in early for work specifically to see him, and now I've got nothing to do for almost two hours.

Academics, honestly.

Michelle
25-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Rain-induced drippy hair, on the other hand, is not nice. At home, you can just get a towel and dry yourself, but what about at uni? I can't bring a towel with me every day just in case a drippy hair emergency arises, and the hand-drying machines in the bathrooms might not be much fun to put your head under. It's a fucking conundrum.

Well there are many options to prevent rain-induced drippy hair with out taking a towel. Lets see. You could wear a hoodie or a hat. If you take a backpack, there is also the option of taking a small umbrella or raincoat.

But that may not be helpful at all since I guess the point is that you don't want to take anything with you to uni :LOL:

That ugly cyst thing that has mystified doctors and wrecked my self-confidence for the last 7 months is going away! :awesome: It's going out with a bang, it must be said. :erm: Hope you're not eating while reading this.

Oh that's good to hear. Is it just going away by itslf with no intervention?

My dream job is...*drumroll*...Trackside TV presenter. Don't laugh! I think I have the credentials - I worked for 2 years on the radio version, helping out the presenters when their minds went blank (so hopefully they can give me references) and speaking quite a bit on air, and I've written 118 newspaper articles for Hawke's Bay Today.

The whole being on TV thing might take some getting used to, but I really want to have a crack at it, and I think it's my ideal job. I have far better memory when it comes to horse racing than I ever have when I try to study for exams, and I could talk about it non-stop for hours.

Sometimes I've been a bit embarrassed about that, but it's time to get over it.

It sounds exciting since it is something you are so passionate about. The best job is always going to be something you enjoy! :D

Air drumming to The Go! Team is a solid workout, considering the fact that they have two drummers.

I may have to try this.

A fair while away, but still.

:awesome: Have you noticed it's the same date as White Lies last year? This will be another nice day-before-my-birthday treat if I get to go.

My supervisor has found a project on bellbirds that I could work on. The leader from kokako recovery team said there isn't much going on with kokako at the moment since they are doing well but she is going to be involved with the translocation of bellbirds from Tiritiri and Tawharanui to Motuihe Is, Waiheke Is, and Hamilton. All the birds are going to have transmitters put on them so I could follow their post-release on Motuihe. I'm going to talk to my supervisor at 3 but I've just been looking up things and Motuihe has quite an interesting history with being used for quarantine during some influenza outbreak and as a detention camp during the war :erm:. It's quite a small island (it's betwen Rangtitoto and Waiheke) but it has daily boat visits which is good to know for getting there and back.

And bellbirds will be good to work with of course. I caught a whole lot of them when I was on Little Barrier Is and they make cool noises :happy:

Plus attitude:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Bellbird_Aug_2007.jpg
"What you looking at?"