PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 11:16 AM
For random, inexplicable everyday use? Or are you going to disappoint me and say there's a specific party purpose?

Honestly? A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. For both.

got a spare $130?

http://www.iwantthat.co.nz/product_info.php?products_id=393

It looks grey in the photo on there :noey: And they spelt 'Indy' and 'Indiana' wrong.

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Honestly? A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. For both.
That's satisfactory. :yesey:

It looks grey in the photo on there :noey: And they spelt 'Indy' and 'Indiana' wrong.
Haha, they did too! Well spotted.

JoBear
06-02-2010, 11:22 AM
you should just go check out opshops.

anyway, off to bed! night.

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 11:22 AM
That's satisfactory. :yesey:

Haha, they did too! Well spotted.

I would honestly wear the Tenth Doctor's coat around, even just around the house :LOL: It would be perfect in winter.

What can I say, I'm a fan :phu: :p

Edit: good idea! Night jo :happy:

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I would honestly wear the Tenth Doctor's coat around, even just around the house :LOL: It would be perfect in winter.

Hey, nothing wrong with that! :awesome:

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey, nothing wrong with that! :awesome:

It would make a lovely dressing gown. I could go straight from home to uni without ever having to get changed!

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 11:31 AM
That sounds efficient, practical and fanbloodytastic.

I'm watching the last episode of Glee at the moment. So so good.

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 11:33 AM
That sounds efficient, practical and fanbloodytastic.

I'm watching the last episode of Glee at the moment. So so good.

Now if only I could find one!

OMG isn't it? :awesome:

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 11:42 AM
The suspense! It's killing me.

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
The suspense! It's killing me.

:D Eeeee

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Yay! :happy: Left it until the last 30 seconds though. I was like, "noo, there's not enough time. They're gonna leave me hanging."

EDIT: Probably should spoilerise that!

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Yay! :happy: Left it until the last 30 seconds though. I was like, "noo, there's not enough time. They're gonna leave me hanging."

EDIT: Probably should spoilerise that!

I know! When Emma was like saying no to Will after Ken dumped her, and he was like 'I just left my wife...' I was saying 'for you! FOR YOU!' :LOL: I'm glad they finally got some action!

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
I wonder what they have in store for us next season...assuming there is another one.

I'm off to bed now. Night!

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 12:47 PM
I wonder what they have in store for us next season...assuming there is another one.

I'm off to bed now. Night!

I think it has been officially renewed for another season :happy:
Night!

Michelle
06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
So after my first attempt at baking a focaccia the other day was a bit of a fail, I'm glad to say I learnt from my mistakes and made a pretty awesome one for the international lunch at work yesterday. Gratifying.

Oh yay! Was it a special recipe or just a general one you can find anywhere? I'm quite proud of the pizza dough recipe I found for the bread maker. It makes such a nice dough that cooks evenly and is soft :happy:

I saw a guy in short shorts, long socks and a cowboy hat today. :noey:

:erm:

i want to make some boring comment like "insurance doesn't cover damage by pests" although on cars we don't have that exclusion and a bunch of rats ate through an engine loom and cost us like $8000. apparently they love antifreeze.

Wow, that is interesting. I wonder if they would like it more than peanut butter. But I'm guessing antifreeze would be too expensive for long term pest control...

Edit: good idea! Night jo :happy:

I would were that coat too! Long coats look awesome, but I really see them for sale in winter.

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I shouldn't laugh, but... :LOL:
And, as much as some people must feel extremely fortunate after a near miss, there are times when others must simply feel desperately out of luck. Like the time in 1957 when the Phillies' Richie Ashburn hit the same woman spectator in the head twice in the same turn at bat. The first foul ball broke Mice Roth's nose; second sconed her again as she was being carried out on a stretcher.

Ghosty Ghost
06-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh yay! Was it a special recipe or just a general one you can find anywhere? I'm quite proud of the pizza dough recipe I found for the bread maker. It makes such a nice dough that cooks evenly and is soft :happy:

Just this one (http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/focaccia_82368.shtml) from the BBC website. It works well when you actually follow the recipe properly!

Mmmm pizza dough.

Michelle
06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
I shouldn't laugh, but... :LOL:

Oh dear :LOL:

Just this one (http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/focaccia_82368.shtml) from the BBC website. It works well when you actually follow the recipe properly!

Mmmm pizza dough.

Looks good. :)

t.gypsy
07-02-2010, 08:22 AM
i had a good day here at home family coming over and so on belated christmas/once a year family get together it was awesome.

and i am knitting some more i like how it passes the time of the day in between going on the computer not sure if i am working yet not been called up yet so yes its all cool how about the rest of you guys

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 08:52 AM
I would were that coat too! Long coats look awesome, but I really see them for sale in winter.

I know, right? I can never find a nice coat in winter. I think long coats look nice when they're either black and made of thinner material, or brown. I think thick black long-coats are too imposing.

and i am knitting some more i like how it passes the time of the day in between going on the computer not sure if i am working yet not been called up yet so yes its all cool how about the rest of you guys

Knitting :happy: I have some needles and yarn here, I haven't done it in a while though. I wasn't very good- my stitches always ended up really tight and bunched on the needle, and I couldn't work out how to make them looser.

A while back I bought a game called Persona 4, and it came with a soundtrack CD. I finished the game quite a while ago, and just uploaded the CD now. Oh man hearing the soundtrack brings it all back :LOL: Its enough when you hear just a ringtone or something that reminds you of a video game, but this is like straight from the game itself.

JoBear
07-02-2010, 09:06 AM
paddington coat factory is where it's at girls.

Ghosty Ghost
07-02-2010, 09:59 AM
A while back I bought a game called Persona 4, and it came with a soundtrack CD. I finished the game quite a while ago, and just uploaded the CD now. Oh man hearing the soundtrack brings it all back :LOL: Its enough when you hear just a ringtone or something that reminds you of a video game, but this is like straight from the game itself.

This reminds me of something related: my brother has this board game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Night_on_Earth:_The_Zombie_Game), and on top of being totally freakin awesome it comes with its own soundtrack CD that you are supposed to listen to while playing it. It's like cheesy goth-rock-opera but it actually kinda works :LOL:

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 10:04 AM
This reminds me of something related: my brother has this board game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Night_on_Earth:_The_Zombie_Game), and on top of being totally freakin awesome it comes with its own soundtrack CD that you are supposed to listen to while playing it. It's like cheesy goth-rock-opera but it actually kinda works :LOL:
This sounds immensely awesome. I plan to investigate it further.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 10:55 AM

Oooh, yeah? Apparently there's one in Newmarket :awesome: I may be inclined to window shop :chuckle:

Sounds awesome! The soundtrack could only add to the creepy atmosphere, surely? :LOL:
That kind of reminds me of those DVD board games you can get, where they use a recorded DVD movie as part of the game. Like Cluedo and stuff. I wonder if they're any good?

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:09 AM
You know it's a quiet night when you're looking up pictures of weird-shaped vegetables.

But to be fair, this is pretty fucking weird-shaped.
http://www.ezzal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/abearshapedpotato_thumb.jpg

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:10 AM
You know it's a quiet night when you're looking up pictures of weird-shaped vegetables.

If by 'pretty fucking weird shaped' you mean awesome? :awesome:

Where's Kat? I haven't seen her around here for ages! (a few days)

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:14 AM
True, it is awesome.

As for Kat, things didn't work out for us. I hope she doesn't feel that she can't post here and talk to you guys because I'm here. This thread's definitely missing her posts, that's for sure.

How are you, anyway?

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:16 AM
True, it is awesome.

As for Kat, things didn't work out for us. I hope she doesn't feel that she can't post here and talk to you guys because I'm here. This thread's definitely missing her posts, that's for sure.

How are you, anyway?

Oh okay. Sorry for bringing it up, I hope it wasn't too awkward.

I'm alright, procrastinating from procrastinating, if that were even possible :LOL: it's terrible.

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Haha, I know the feeling!

No, it's fine, don't worry. :) There's no way you could have known.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Haha, I know the feeling!

No, it's fine, don't worry. :) There's no way you could have known.

What does your week ahead have planned?

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure actually. My friends have been taking me to the driving range a bit lately, which I've really enjoyed despite my lack of prowess (and co-ordination, to be perfectly honest), so I hope we might do that again.

And I probably need to go in to uni and see someone about why bloody ndeva's taking so long to sort out my first semester! That thing really pisses me off sometimes.

How about you?

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure actually. My friends have been taking me to the driving range a bit lately, which I've really enjoyed despite my lack of prowess (and co-ordination, to be perfectly honest), so I hope we might do that again.

And I probably need to go in to uni and see someone about why bloody ndeva's taking so long to sort out my first semester! That thing really pisses me off sometimes.

How about you?

Yeah I know what you mean! I blame nDeva for clashes and such also.
I need to go into uni to sort out a clash actually :erm:

I don't know what I've got planned, just going with it as is so far. Went to the beach today :happy:
Have you got any interesting projects coming up at work?

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Cool, which beach? Was lovely weather for it.

Nothing really interesting at work. Today I just did Missing Pieces - a NZ show with slightly overly emotional family reunions - and some American shows. Nip/Tuck was a bit graphic!

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Cool, which beach? Was lovely weather for it.

Nothing really interesting at work. Today I just did Missing Pieces - a NZ show with slightly overly emotional family reunions - and some American shows. Nip/Tuck was a bit graphic!

Bethels :happy:.

Oh true. Missing Pieces, sounds kinda boring. I mean nice for those people, but not my kind of viewing.

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Good choice. :yesey:

And yeah, that's how I feel. It's awesome for them to have the reunions, but I don't think they should make a spectacle out of it. Feel a bit uncomfortable watching it, really. Don't know if the people making the show have heard of privacy.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Good choice. :yesey:

And yeah, that's how I feel. It's awesome for them to have the reunions, but I don't think they should make a spectacle out of it. Feel a bit uncomfortable watching it, really. Don't know if the people making the show have heard of privacy.

Yeah its kind of weird. But I guess people must enjoy it if it got a second season.

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, true. Bunch of voyeurs. :phu:

One Star Awake by Gramsci and Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap are such lovely, uplifting songs. :happy:

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, true. Bunch of voyeurs. :phu:

One Star Awake by Gramsci and Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap are such lovely, uplifting songs. :happy:

Yes! I was just listening to this before! Its great, so nice to listen to :happy:

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:44 AM
:yesey:
That song was one of my highlights of the BDO.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:47 AM
:yesey:
That song was one of my highlights of the BDO.

I didn't see them but I'm guessing they were good. I was listening to The Smiths before :chuckle:

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, they were great. But they tried to do a minute's silence for Haiti and some dicks shouted out during it. :indiff:

The Smiths? Bleak! Love them, though.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, they were great. But they tried to do a minute's silence for Haiti and some dicks shouted out during it. :indiff:

The Smiths? Bleak! Love them, though.

Yeah they are rather bleak! :LOL: But some good songs.
Have you seen this? I like it better than their treadmill one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1_CLW-NNwc

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 11:58 AM
That's fantastic. Those guys are so good at music videos, unlike a certain band...

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 12:04 PM
That's fantastic. Those guys are so good at music videos, unlike a certain band...

:LOL: hey, a certain band has had some alright videos before! Not off the recent album mind you... but some!

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, some, it's true. I do love Bliss, KoC and Sunburn.

I'm listening to Karma Chameleon. :awesome:

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma CHAMEEEELEEEOOOON

I'm listening to some songs that the author of a webcomic I read recommended. Its quite funny :chuckle:

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Are the songs by anyone I may have heard of?

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Are the songs by anyone I may have heard of?

Um, there's Billy Idol in there... Robbie Williams... OK Go... The Dandy Warhols... Pendulum... The Kooks?

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Yes then! :chuckle:

There was some seriously bad writing in the news on Thursday night. "Most well-known for his worldwide hit How Bizarre, (reporter's name) went to the funeral of Pauly Fuemana." So the reporter's had a worldwide hit?

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes then! :chuckle:

There was some seriously bad writing in the news on Thursday night. "Most well-known for his worldwide hit How Bizarre, (reporter's name) went to the funeral of Pauly Fuemana." So the reporter's had a worldwide hit?

Yeah that is bad writing. What are these people thinking? :noey:

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
There's a sickening decline in quality of writing in society. It keeps me awake at night.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 12:45 PM
There's a sickening decline in quality of writing in society. It keeps me awake at night.

:LOL: and so it should! You should start a group.

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I should, but I'm part of the sickening increase in apathy in society.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I should, but I'm part of the sickening increase in apathy in society.

So you'll just... do it later? :p

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kDyMtZ_dJwQ/SrSjbKFAyGI/AAAAAAAABJU/FABOkRqLP08/s400/fight_apathy.jpg

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 12:56 PM
:LOL:
That's great.

Yeah, I might do it later. Or maybe not.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 12:58 PM
That's great.

Yeah, I might do it later. Or maybe not.

:chuckle:

Bah, I keep finding ways to waste my time on the computer. Not when talking to you though, obviously! :erm: Ha..ha... *awkward silence*
But no really, I should be doing productive things. Not browsing art websites and checking facebook :facepalm:

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Not when talking to you though, obviously! :erm: Ha..ha... *awkward silence*
Thanks for clearing that up. Your first sentence did deliver a brief but crushing blow to my self-esteem.

It's impossible not to waste time on Facebook, though. Its addictiveness is too enormous to put into words. I wonder if there are support groups for people trying to give up.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Your first sentence did deliver a brief but crushing blow to my self-esteem.

It's impossible not to waste time on Facebook, though. Its addictiveness is too enormous to put into words. I wonder if there are support groups for people trying to give up.

But its not like I even do anything on Facebook! I just reply to a few comments, check the news feed, maybe look at a few pictures, and then I'm done. And yet somehow it takes up all this time!

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah, me too. I just keep refreshing and hoping someone has something interesting to say. If they do, I might click on like or make a one-line comment. Or I might become a fan of something if one of my friends does and it's funny - but that doesn't mean I'll ever look at that page.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah, me too. I just keep refreshing and hoping someone has something interesting to say. If they do, I might click on like or make a one-line comment. Or I might become a fan of something if one of my friends does and it's funny - but that doesn't mean I'll ever look at that page.

Yeah I know what you mean. Half the things in my news feed are just '___ has become friends with this person.' Do I even need to be notified?
But I can't say that, or half of the stuff I read on my news feed will be pointless! :eek::LOL:

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Half the things in my news feed are just '___ has become friends with this person.' Do I even need to be notified?
You really don't. You even get the option to like that, which seems even more pointless. I'm not sure why you would, or how the newly friended people would feel about having someone randomly like that piece of news.

Anyway, I think I'll be off to bed. Night! Good luck with the whole productivity thing...you'll need it.

darkshineskitty
07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
You really don't. You even get the option to like that, which seems even more pointless. I'm not sure why you would, or how the newly friended people would feel about having someone randomly like that piece of news.

Anyway, I think I'll be off to bed. Night! Good luck with the whole productivity thing...you'll need it.

The like feature seems slightly pointless. If I "like" something, I'm just going to comment saying that I like it. It should have a use similar to Twitter, where something becomes a 'trending' topic- so with Facebook you could view the top 'liked' things from your friends or something.

Okay me too. Haha thanks for your faith in me :rolleyes: Night!

Michelle
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I know, right? I can never find a nice coat in winter. I think long coats look nice when they're either black and made of thinner material, or brown. I think thick black long-coats are too imposing.

Knitting :happy: I have some needles and yarn here, I haven't done it in a while though. I wasn't very good- my stitches always ended up really tight and bunched on the needle, and I couldn't work out how to make them looser.

Yeah, a long thick coat is a bit too "I'm off to head out into the snow". :LOL:

I haven't done any knitting for ages too. Last thing I knitted was a jumper for my dog, but never got round to getting my grandma to show me how to finish the edges and stich it together, so he never got a chance to wear it *sigh*.

Ooh, thanks for the info. I see there is one in Albany too, so I might pop in there one day when going out there for uni.

http://www.ezzal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/abearshapedpotato_thumb.jpg

That is too :awesome: :happy:

Yeah they are rather bleak! :LOL: But some good songs.
Have you seen this? I like it better than their treadmill one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1_CLW-NNwc

Nice, those guys sure love to dance.

:yesey::D

I'm going to do some driving today to practice for my test next week. I really don't want to fail :erm:

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm sure you won't fail! Practice is always a good idea though, it should help you feel more confident.

JoBear
07-02-2010, 10:48 PM
teddy bear potato!

i've got a duffel coat style one from paddington coat factory in wellington. i hate coats but i love this one. i'll have to wear it on the plane to england though. guess it can act as a blanket.

Michelle
08-02-2010, 02:50 AM
I'm sure you won't fail! Practice is always a good idea though, it should help you feel more confident.

Thanks. The main thing I'm worried about is reversing into a driveway (or car park if they do that too) as it isn't something I do regularly. So practiced it today and I got better, but I'll just have to practice everyday this week and if I can't get it right in one go on say Friday, I'll have to change the date of the test :erm:

teddy bear potato!

i've got a duffel coat style one from paddington coat factory in wellington. i hate coats but i love this one. i'll have to wear it on the plane to england though. guess it can act as a blanket.

That should keep you nice and warm then if it gets cold.

All this talk of teddy bears + coats = http://www.tbivision.com/large_image/160708-0636__paddington-bear_02.jpg :happy:

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Thanks. The main thing I'm worried about is reversing into a driveway (or car park if they do that too) as it isn't something I do regularly. So practiced it today and I got better, but I'll just have to practice everyday this week and if I can't get it right in one go on say Friday, I'll have to change the date of the test :erm:
I failed that part of the test myself, and I'm still not confident about doing it. Didn't stop me passing the test overall though. :)

Michelle
08-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Oh knowing that will give me some relief then, as I'm ok with the rest I think. But I will keep practising so I'm a nervous wreck in the test :LOL:

JoBear
08-02-2010, 03:13 AM
i think i had to reverse around a corner when i did my restricted test and a three point turn...so long ago now, remember the full test was a lot worse.

Michelle
08-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Yeah, from what I've heard it seems like they only test either three point turn or u turn, which I was fine at both today. The pamphlet on what the restricted test is all about says it can also test reverse parallel parking, but everyone says that's not til the full test, right?

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 03:47 AM
I wasn't tested on parallel parking in either the restricted or the full test. I've never learnt how to do it!

Don't know if that was just luck though. But you don't really do stuff like that in the full test - it's more general driving and having to talk about hazards.

JoBear
08-02-2010, 03:54 AM
i too never got tested on parallel parking on either.

i hated the hazard identification thing.

Michelle
08-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Haha, lucky you Rich. My friend has been putting off sitting her full for ages because she is worried about mucking up her parallel parking although she has done it fine when I was with her once. I should tell her and maybe that'll get her to sit it.

My dad taught me ages ago. I did it today getting in behind a little truck parked on the road, and it was ok, but then I had my mum telling me what way to go, etc.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 03:57 AM
i hated the hazard identification thing.
Yeah, so stressful.

"Did you see the blue car? Was that a hazard too?"
"Um...no, I didn't see that. :$"
"Good, because there wasn't one."

Sneaky bastards.

JoBear
08-02-2010, 04:07 AM
i remember the guy pointing out some hazard to me way way into the distance and thinking "wtf"

he also took me to a part of christchurch i would never go myself, i'd never go to a busy intersection by a mall with giveways turning right across traffic. i got so stressed out!

Michelle
08-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Wow, I'm glad it's going to be a while before I sit my full :LOL:

Michelle
08-02-2010, 05:00 AM
http://www.royalsociety.org.nz.ezproxy.massey.ac.nz/images/Zoo35-1.jpg

JoBear
08-02-2010, 05:22 AM
male moas had it hard (http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/3303536/Male-moas-had-it-hard-research)

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 05:38 AM
:(

Tacticalkat
08-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Helllooooo!

How's everyone?

I've had a stressy few days. Mum got rushed into hospital on Friday arvo with chest pain and palpitations, they told her she was in heart failure. I was at work at the time so I was a wreck when I went to see her.

She got out yesterday, once they had fixed her potassium the palpitations went away, turns out they jumped the gun a bit with the heart failure, they think it's her thyroid meds.

Fucking worst time ever.

teddy bear potato!

I need to find me a proper paddington coat, I have a fake one with a hood and toggles! It's awesome.

:

All this talk of driving creeps me out! Good luck Michelle I'm sure you will do great!

JoBear
08-02-2010, 08:58 AM
glad your mum isn't as sick as they thought! would've been terrifying for you.

my coat has a massive hood, its bordering on ridiculous.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah, that would have been awful! I remember what it was like when my dad had his heart problems. Can't imagine what it would have been like to be at work while it happened.

Glad to hear it's not as bad as first thought.

JoBear
08-02-2010, 09:12 AM
tried to take photo of my coat and failed. oh well.

it is this one though, she makes it look much nicer than i do (http://www.pcf.net.au/files/grabdoc.php?type=img&id=248)

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Nah, you're just being modest.

Coat looks cool. Not a fan of the beret, to tell you the truth.

JoBear
08-02-2010, 09:16 AM
thankfully i don't own one.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 09:18 AM
That's good. I'd have an urge to berate you if you did.

Pun fail.

Tacticalkat
08-02-2010, 11:04 AM

it is this one though, she makes it look much nicer than i do (http://www.pcf.net.au/files/grabdoc.php?type=img&id=248)

OH MY GOD that is my coat! I have that exact same coat! Only mines a crappy brand but it looks the same.

Yeah, that would have been awful! I remember what it was like when my dad had his heart problems. Can't imagine what it would have been like to be at work while it happened.

Glad to hear it's not as bad as first thought.

Yup it was hideous, I could not handle someone I love being in there and I could not do anything to help. Blahhhhh.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah. :( How was she feeling today?

Tacticalkat
08-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah. :( How was she feeling today?

She's ok, a bit fragile and we still don't know for sure what's going on. Lots of tests and shit to go through.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Yeah, of course. Best wishes for the tests, I really hope it turns out alright. Keep us posted.

What's with this obsession on Facebook with finding out if inanimate objects can get more fans than famous people/things? I don't really want to be a fan of a pickle. :erm: Who would be a fan of a pickle? It's a bloody pickle! Sorry, in a rambly ranting about Facebook mood again.

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah, a long thick coat is a bit too "I'm off to head out into the snow". :LOL:

I haven't done any knitting for ages too. Last thing I knitted was a jumper for my dog, but never got round to getting my grandma to show me how to finish the edges and stich it together, so he never got a chance to wear it *sigh*.

I'm sure he was disappointed :erm: :LOL:

teddy bear potato!

Jo you are a genius! I went to SaveMart today, and found a perfect Doctor Who suit, omg. Unfortunately it was $60 and they wouldn't let me buy the pieces separately :indiff: so I didn't get it. But now I know that there are suitable suits (heehee) out there, I'm inspired :happy: If only I can find a coat somewhere!

Oh knowing that will give me some relief then, as I'm ok with the rest I think. But I will keep practising so I'm a nervous wreck in the test :LOL:

I was so nervous when I did mine the second time. I could feel my foot shaking on the accelerator and brake when I hovered over it :LOL:

I've had a stressy few days. Mum got rushed into hospital on Friday arvo with chest pain and palpitations, they told her she was in heart failure. I was at work at the time so I was a wreck when I went to see her.

She got out yesterday, once they had fixed her potassium the palpitations went away, turns out they jumped the gun a bit with the heart failure, they think it's her thyroid meds.

Fucking worst time ever.

Oh no! I hope your mum is going to be okay, that must have been really scary. Its good that she's gotten out already, I hope this will mean a swift recover for her :happy:

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I love this:
Now Hilda Harawira has gone on the defensive, saying she believes the Harawira family being unfairly targeted.

"The hardest thing about the Harawira whanau at the moment is that we're so good looking, everybody just wants to attack us," she says.
But to be fair, her name is Hilda, so she must need to work pretty hard to convince herself that she's not as ugly as her name suggests. Cruel, cruel parents.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEakpNS_BLo

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 12:10 PM

:LOL: at least he had a bit of a laugh about it

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Fucking rats in the fucking ceiling akjshdkks

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
:LOL: at least he had a bit of a laugh about it
Haha, exactly. I would probably have gone all :stunned:, with a long, awkward pause before they cut to an ad break.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 12:13 PM
That must honestly be one of the worst sounds you could possibly hear when you're in your own house. Horrendous!

Can you hear it when you're trying to sleep at night?

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 12:14 PM
That must honestly be one of the worst sounds you could possibly hear when you're in your own house. Horrendous!

Can you hear it when you're trying to sleep at night?

YES. Sometimes it even wakes me up. GTFO OF THIS HOUSE ENTIRELY YOU FURRY BASTARDS.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Shit, that really is awful.

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Shit, that really is awful.

It is, arghhhh.

/rage

I think I'm gonna have some more fudge :happy:

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 12:24 PM
More fudge is an excellent option to have at your disposal!

Have you seen that NME musical doppelgangers thing? Don't see the resemblance in the Matt one at all. :noey: Here it is: http://www.nme.com/photos/musical-doppelgangers/164599/4/1

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 12:38 PM
More fudge is an excellent option to have at your disposal!

Have you seen that NME musical doppelgangers thing? Don't see the resemblance in the Matt one at all. :noey: Here it is: http://www.nme.com/photos/musical-doppelgangers/164599/4/1

:LOL: that is an intense fail. I mean with the guy on the right, I could see his hairstyle being kind of like Matt's during that phase he had, but Matt's was less thin and darker. But he doesn't match the picture they've chosen of Matt at all :LOL:

I saw an episode of that MTV show 'Made' today, where they take a teen's goal and help them achieve it. This one was about a guy who wanted to be a martial artist, and at one point he was watching these ninjas do a routine, and when they finished and went back into line they showed a close-up of them, and one looked like Matt. And I know that sounds ridiculous because you could only literally see their eyes and the space across them, but somehow the first thing I thought of was 'he looks like Matt!' :LOL: He was more of a match than that NME chosen guy!

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 12:43 PM

I've always thought this guy looked a bit like Mr Bellamy...
http://im.in.com/connect/images/profile/b_profile3/Michael_Vaughan_300.jpg

Might not be the best picture, but can't be arsed looking for a better one.

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM

I've always thought this guy looked a bit like Mr Bellamy...
http://im.in.com/connect/images/profile/b_profile3/Michael_Vaughan_300.jpg

Might not be the best picture, but can't be arsed looking for a better one.

He does! Wow :LOL: That is a much better likeness omg.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I do like some of NME's other ones, though - Noel Gallagher and Oscar the Grouch made me laugh.

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I do like some of NME's other ones, though - Noel Gallagher and Oscar the Grouch made me laugh.

They do some silly comparisons there :LOL: But some of them are good for a laugh.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Nothing wrong with a laugh! Unless it's a solemn occasion.

Any plans for tomorrow?

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Nothing wrong with a laugh! Unless it's a solemn occasion.

Any plans for tomorrow?

Its always the solemn occasions that create the biggest urge to laugh though!

Nope, might go for some more op-shopping if I get up early enough. You?

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Its always the solemn occasions that create the biggest urge to laugh though!

Nope, might go for some more op-shopping if I get up early enough. You?
That's true!

Yeah, the getting up early enough thing is the crucial issue for me too. Might go into uni, but more likely to stay in bed and not go into town until I start work at 4:30.

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
That's true!

Yeah, the getting up early enough thing is the crucial issue for me too. Might go into uni, but more likely to stay in bed and not go into town until I start work at 4:30.

Nothing too wrong with that :chuckle:

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, who needs motivation?

It was my friend's birthday on Friday, but he's studying in Germany, so I thought I would wait until Saturday our time before saying happy birthday, but then I forgot. :( :facepalm: Feeling really guilty!

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah, who needs motivation?

It was my friend's birthday on Friday, but he's studying in Germany, so I thought I would wait until Saturday our time before saying happy birthday, but then I forgot. :( :facepalm: Feeling really guilty!

Oh I hate when that happens. Just send him a message and be like 'lol timezones amirite?'. Or better yet, send him a postcard so you can just pretend it took ages to get there!

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
That's genius! :D

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
That's genius! :D

Not just a pretty face!

I may have used that excuse myself before slightly.

_Ed_
08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
It's a very believable excuse.

I think I'll try to get some sleep now. Night!

darkshineskitty
08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
It's a very believable excuse.

I think I'll try to get some sleep now. Night!

Night! Have a good Tuesday then!

cookie
09-02-2010, 02:56 AM
goin back a bit - the problem with antifreeze as a posion would be it tastes sweet to everything

cookie
09-02-2010, 02:57 AM
michelle - i filmed a weka yesterday while i was tramping. are they fairly common? i'd never seen one before, it wasn't very afraid

Michelle
09-02-2010, 03:07 AM
male moas had it hard (http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/3303536/Male-moas-had-it-hard-research)

Poor fellas, but surely the females would have let them in their habitat when it was mating time :eyebrows:

Helllooooo!

How's everyone?

Fucking worst time ever.

All this talk of driving creeps me out! Good luck Michelle I'm sure you will do great!

Sorry to hear about your mum Kat. I hope she is feeling better and gets through this quickly :)

And thanks, if I pass the test I'm sure you will be able to as well!

Cool coat. I like my grey one that I got last year, it's about the same length but it has no hood. None of my winter jackets have hoods, which is annoying as hoods are useful when there is sudden rain.

What's with this obsession on Facebook with finding out if inanimate objects can get more fans than famous people/things? I don't really want to be a fan of a pickle. :erm: Who would be a fan of a pickle? It's a bloody pickle! Sorry, in a rambly ranting about Facebook mood again.

I just saw one yesterday. Not much point joining them unless you really want a pickle to have more fans, but honestly who cares? :rolleyes:

Jo you are a genius! I went to SaveMart today, and found a perfect Doctor Who suit, omg. Unfortunately it was $60 and they wouldn't let me buy the pieces separately :indiff: so I didn't get it. But now I know that there are suitable suits (heehee) out there, I'm inspired :happy: If only I can find a coat somewhere!

:awesome: But that sucks you couldn't get it. Hopefully you'll at least find a similar coat.

I was so nervous when I did mine the second time. I could feel my foot shaking on the accelerator and brake when I hovered over it :LOL:

Oh dear :LOL: I'll just try to think of the tester as a driving instructor, as I wasn't too bad with him.

I love this:

But to be fair, her name is Hilda, so she must need to work pretty hard to convince herself that she's not as ugly as her name suggests. Cruel, cruel parents.

:facepalm:

:LOL: Laughter is a good recovery.

http://open.salon.com/files/rattrap1254520904.jpg + peanut butter. Not very nice, but it's quick and has to be done :(

Michelle
09-02-2010, 03:19 AM
goin back a bit - the problem with antifreeze as a posion would be it tastes sweet to everything

Oh, true true.

michelle - i filmed a weka yesterday while i was tramping. are they fairly common? i'd never seen one before, it wasn't very afraid

Oh awesome. Where abouts were you tramping? From what I've read, they aren't very common, still quite vulnerable but IUCN says "locally common in north and west South Island". I've just seen them in captivity. They keep the rodent population down, nom nom.

JoBear
09-02-2010, 04:52 AM
there's so many weka on stewart island. they follow you around.

cookie
09-02-2010, 05:52 AM
It was near arthur's pass
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/Captain-Salty/th_WekaPBEdit.jpg (http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/Captain-Salty/?action=view&current=WekaPBEdit.flv)

_Ed_
09-02-2010, 06:33 AM
That's awesome.

Now, I don't understand this Farmville business, but the things that keep popping up just seem utterly nonsensical.
(name) found a dejected Referee Cow on their farm in FarmVille!
(name) was farming when this Referee Cow wandered onto their farm in FarmVille. This cow got booed off the field for making a bad call. They've reviewed the tapes, and they think she can do better next time! Hopefully someone will give her a second chance to get back on the field!
What. The. Fuck.

JoBear
09-02-2010, 06:46 AM
isn't there a pink cow that gives strawberry milk?

_Ed_
09-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Now that would be useful.

Some of the others seem to be overly sad stories about lonely, unhappy, lost animals. It all sounds a bit bleak, really.

_Ed_
09-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I just found out the hard way that my work ID expired today and I should have renewed it.

It's not what you want when you've taken a 5 minute longer break than you should have and you're rushing back to start work on the news, you swipe your card at the door and ANGRY BEEPING SOUND! The security guy was cool about it though luckily.

JoBear
09-02-2010, 08:10 AM
At IRD in Invercargill you could get stuck in the bits that had the toilets because you could get in there without a swipe card from the secure areas but needed one to get back in. I know I did it a couple times.

I quite liked that office though, it was very modern and purpose built.

cookie
09-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I just found out the hard way that my work ID expired today and I should have renewed it.

It's not what you want when you've taken a 5 minute longer break than you should have and you're rushing back to start work on the news, you swipe your card at the door and ANGRY BEEPING SOUND! The security guy was cool about it though luckily.
the news was pretty shit tonight anyway. the big lead story was "what might happen" which we'd already heard about and then it was into the gossip mag stories :noey:

_Ed_
09-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Just heard a very loud and quite funny-sounding crash upstairs.

I looked at my workmates to share the amusing moment with them, but they had headphones on and didn't hear it. :( I'm quite gutted.

_Ed_
09-02-2010, 09:54 AM
And apparently Breakfast tomorrow will have something about a British woman looking for her long-lost NZ lover, known only as 'Gerry'.

Could it be...?
http://www.parliament.nz/NR/rdonlyres/DEBD3970-64C8-4792-AF63-0F2B32955338/0/1230GerryBrownlee.jpg
It so is. What a ladies' man.

darkshineskitty
09-02-2010, 11:17 AM
http://open.salon.com/files/rattrap1254520904.jpg + peanut butter. Not very nice, but it's quick and has to be done :(

We've used bait before but they just gnaw through it and then come back for more! They even eat through the plastic. I think there's like a whole community up there, and they get in via a tree or something, so there's always like 5 rats to take one's place.

there's so many weka on stewart island. they follow you around.

I thought that said 'weta' :stunned:

_Ed_
09-02-2010, 11:43 AM
I thought that said 'weta' :stunned:
:stunned:
Sinister.

_Ed_
09-02-2010, 01:21 PM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/5767/original/Socially-Awkward-Penguin-dont-understand-what-someone-says-you-respond-with-haha-they-were-asking-a8.jpg
Socially Awkward Penguin reassures me that I'm not alone.

Michelle
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
It was near arthur's pass
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/Captain-Salty/th_WekaPBEdit.jpg (http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/Captain-Salty/?action=view&current=WekaPBEdit.flv)

:happy: Was it coming that close to you or were you on zoom?

Now, I don't understand this Farmville business, but the things that keep popping up just seem utterly nonsensical.

What. The. Fuck.

:erm: I don't think I'll ever get into that farmville thing, but I have started using my zoo :$

We've used bait before but they just gnaw through it and then come back for more! They even eat through the plastic. I think there's like a whole community up there, and they get in via a tree or something, so there's always like 5 rats to take one's place.

You could make some plastic tunnels to cover the traps with a little entry at the front, that way the rat just sticks its head in to take the bait then, bam! Although, again it doesn't always work if the trap isn't set light enough or bait is loose.

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/5767/original/Socially-Awkward-Penguin-dont-understand-what-someone-says-you-respond-with-haha-they-were-asking-a8.jpg
Socially Awkward Penguin reassures me that I'm not alone.

:LOL: Although, I tend to go with "yeah, lol" more often :rolleyes:

JoBear
10-02-2010, 04:51 AM
nothing worse than saying "yeah" because you didn't know what they said and then you find out you've just agreed to something you don't want to do.

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Genuinely terrifying scenario.

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Anyone seen the ad for Classic Hits FM where they say they play Muse?

Muse = classic hits? :unsure:

cookie
10-02-2010, 06:31 AM
no but classic hits is really just modernish easy listening.
i bet it you requested muse they'd only have starlight

cookie
10-02-2010, 06:33 AM
:happy: Was it coming that close to you or were you on zoom?

it was only about a metre away when it was drinking. i was like wtf are you doing :LOL:

JoBear
10-02-2010, 07:01 AM

yeah i was like "what radio station is this....classic hits?!"

i'm so sick of solid gold at work.

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Phloe Healthy Bowel's triple-action, comprehensive bowel cleansing.

Sounds mildly alarming. :stunned:

Ghosty Ghost
10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
nothing worse than saying "yeah" because you didn't know what they said and then you find out you've just agreed to something you don't want to do.
Like agreeing to wear a puffy shirt.

Michelle
10-02-2010, 07:28 AM

Huh, I'll look out for that, but as Chris says it probably won't be much more than Starlight.

it was only about a metre away when it was drinking. i was like wtf are you doing :LOL:

Aww, that's awesome :happy: But hopefully they can get away quickly from the more harmful creatures.

Phloe Healthy Bowel's triple-action, comprehensive bowel cleansing.

Sounds mildly alarming. :stunned:

No thank you :erm:

Tacticalkat
10-02-2010, 09:11 AM
no but classic hits is really just modernish easy listening.
i bet it you requested muse they'd only have starlight

They pretty much play Uprising almost every day. I know this because my Mum feels the need to text me and inform me whenever she hears it.

And thanks for all the love, much appreciated, Mum is doing well.

JoBear
10-02-2010, 09:16 AM
explains why my mum was telling me how much she liked uprising and turned it up when i was in her car.

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 09:20 AM
That's great to hear.

Michelle
10-02-2010, 09:45 AM
They pretty much play Uprising almost every day. I know this because my Mum feels the need to text me and inform me whenever she hears it.

Glad to hear :)

And that's good about playing Uprising too.

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I heard Supermassive Black Hole on an ad today, I think it might have been for The Edge.

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Random! But cool. :yesey:

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/traffic_cone_flickr_juicebox.jpg
Random! But not cool. :noey:

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Now Richard, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself :p

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 11:18 AM
It's true. I'm quite fetching.

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 11:48 AM
It's true. I'm quite fetching.

How's your day been?

It's been alright, didn't do much. Watched that FlashForward show today, it was the premiere. You?

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh I was thinking about watching that. What did you think of it?

My day hasn't been too bad, thanks. Hardly did anything at all. Leading a pretty boring life at the moment!

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh I was thinking about watching that. What did you think of it?

My day hasn't been too bad, thanks. Hardly did anything at all. Leading a pretty boring life at the moment!

It was okay, but some of the things that happened after the blackout were pretty weird. There were like, buildings on fire and stuff :erm: But looks to be promising- creates a lot of questions and stuff which is fun. One of those shows that you can discuss for hours with your mates :LOL:

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah, shows like that are fun. But there's always one of your mates that doesn't watch it and is all :stunned: listening to you discuss it and then attempt (and fail) to explain it.

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah, shows like that are fun. But there's always one of your mates that doesn't watch it and is all :stunned: listening to you discuss it and then attempt (and fail) to explain it.

There is nothing worse than someone who doesn't watch the show coming in and being all 'yeah but this part doesn't make sense and is stupid' and then you have to be like 'but it relates to this bit and this happened with this character...' and they just don't get it because they don't watch the show.

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah.

Have to admit I'm that guy when my friends talk about Lost. In my defence, it just sounds so bloody daft.

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah.

Have to admit I'm that guy when my friends talk about Lost. In my defence, it just sounds so bloody daft.

get out

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I'll get me coat.

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 12:28 PM
I'll get me coat.

People who don't watch Lost just don't get Lost.

Although the last few seasons have been a bit shit.

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I can accept that.

So I'm looking at pictures of funny-shaped soap, as you do, and I came across this.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XmsFioOQHDg/Sc1smSB_2DI/AAAAAAAAAYk/sOQCMYGoaAY/s320/krafto_hot+dog+soap.jpg
Now, one question springs to mind here - why would you want to wash yourself with a hot dog?

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I can accept that.

So I'm looking at pictures of funny-shaped soap, as you do, and I came across this.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XmsFioOQHDg/Sc1smSB_2DI/AAAAAAAAAYk/sOQCMYGoaAY/s320/krafto_hot+dog+soap.jpg
Now, one question springs to mind here - why would you want to wash yourself with a hot dog?

I was thinking 'that's a really realistic bread bun!' :facepalm: :LOL:

I dunno, maybe it smells like hot dogs? Or maybe it has other uses? :stunned:

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 01:02 PM
There were some different-shaped soaps for that too. My poor, innocent little eyes.

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 01:03 PM
There were some different-shaped soaps for that too. My poor, innocent little eyes.

Such is the risk of searching for weird-shaped anything I suppose.

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 01:05 PM
True. I thought it was safe after the search for vegetables yielded no horrors.

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 01:06 PM
True. I thought it was safe after the search for vegetables yielded no horrors.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the internet...

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the internet...
http://images.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/1252090585_top-10-sinister-google-activities_3.jpg

darkshineskitty
10-02-2010, 01:11 PM
http://images.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/1252090585_top-10-sinister-google-activities_3.jpg

I like that the url says 'top-10-sinister-google-activities', as though people really do that.

:shifty:

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Haha, yeah. That's just ridiculous. Stuff like that never happpppppppppppppppppppp

_Ed_
10-02-2010, 01:21 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Epidemic_of_1518 :eek:

_Ed_
11-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Just saw Mark Sainsbury waiting to do an ad for Close Up, and he was pretty meticulously straightening and tidying up his mo with his hands. Dedicated.

Michelle
11-02-2010, 03:28 AM
Random! But cool. :yesey:

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/traffic_cone_flickr_juicebox.jpg
Random! But not cool. :noey:

People who don't watch Lost just don't get Lost.

+1 The adverts say we will get all the answers and what not in this last season, but how are they going to explain...

...Loch turning into that smoke monster? :LOL:

I watched Flash Forward too, the next couple episodes will probably determine whether I keep watching it.

Woah! :LOL:

Just saw Mark Sainsbury waiting to do an ad for Close Up, and he was pretty meticulously straightening and tidying up his mo with his hands. Dedicated.

Good to know he makes an effort to look tidy.

lensip max
11-02-2010, 10:03 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Epidemic_of_1518 :eek:Bad rye failllll.

So how's everyone been?

_Ed_
12-02-2010, 02:51 AM
I went to my doctor today to check out a random lump I've had on my face for about three months.

I paid $50 to hear him say, "I have no idea what that is."

t.gypsy
12-02-2010, 02:59 AM

Muse's uprising teddy bear.. or else it wants to be the teddy bear... wonder if it tastes like honey.

Michelle
12-02-2010, 03:11 AM
I went to my doctor today to check out a random lump I've had on my face for about three months.

How annoying. Did he bother testing/poking it or just leave it at that?

_Ed_
12-02-2010, 03:17 AM
He squeezed it a bit and told me how interesting it was, then he referred me to a dermatologist.

lensip max
12-02-2010, 03:19 AM

I paid $50 to hear him say, "I have no idea what that is."Fail.

Though it kind of reminds me of that bit in garden state :chuckle:

Michelle
12-02-2010, 03:50 AM
He squeezed it a bit and told me how interesting it was, then he referred me to a dermatologist.

Huh. Can you be bothered seeing the dermatologist or just wait and see how it goes?

_Ed_
12-02-2010, 03:56 AM
He said the dermatologist will probably be able to get rid of whatever it is, which sounds good. But I might wait until after I next get paid!

t.gypsy
12-02-2010, 04:05 AM
why dont you squeeze the spot yourself to see what oozes out....

who in here is sick of summer and wants the rain,early nights and warm yummy foods.

and in almost a few weeks i am having a bday some people are asking what i want to do and i have no idea lol.

I have made some slippers and now onto a babies beanie.

Michelle
12-02-2010, 04:06 AM
He said the dermatologist will probably be able to get rid of whatever it is, which sounds good. But I might wait until after I next get paid!

True true. I could do with getting this little fluid filled lump on my eye lid cut up a bit or something, as in the past the Dr pops it with a needle, but it just refills :erm:

_Ed_
12-02-2010, 04:09 AM
who in here is sick of summer and wants the rain,early nights and warm yummy foods.
No! :eek: I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. I wish summer would go forever.

True true. I could do with getting this little fluid filled lump on my eye lid cut up a bit or something, as in the past the Dr just pops it with a needle, but it just refills :erm:
Is it uncomfortable?

Michelle
12-02-2010, 04:15 AM

and in almost a few weeks i am having a bday some people are asking what i want to do and i have no idea lol.

I have made some slippers and now onto a babies beanie.

Aww:happy:

I'm not sick of summer yet, only feels like it really started a while ago.

Is it uncomfortable?

Not really. I've had it for years and years, probably resulted from an eyelid infection when I was a kid. When it gets big, it can be a little annoying but that is when it sort of deflates by itself...

t.gypsy
12-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Aww:happy:

I'm not sick of summer yet, only feels like it really started a while ago.

Not really. I've had it for years and years, probably resulted from an eyelid infection when I was a kid. When it gets big, it can be a little annoying but that is when it sort of deflates by itself...

No! :eek: I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. I wish summer would go forever.

Is it uncomfortable?

ok summer isnt that bad.. I do like the longer days about it but when you are working in a place that by the end of it your clothes are sticking to you because of that much running around and you feel like a camel cause your drinking a gallon of water at work it can get a bit much... Perhaps i should get a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up lol..

it sounds annoying michelle.. I have eczema of the ears that i need to keep on top of with ointments other wise i itch the hell out of it.

Michelle
12-02-2010, 04:27 AM
ok summer isnt that bad.. I do like the longer days about it but when you are working in a place that by the end of it your clothes are sticking to you because of that much running around and you feel like a camel cause your drinking a gallon of water at work it can get a bit much... Perhaps i should get a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up lol..

it sounds annoying michelle.. I have eczema of the ears that i need to keep on top of with ointments other wise i itch the hell out of it.

Ah, boo for both. I can imagine working in this heat would be quite awful.

t.gypsy
12-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Ah, boo for both. I can imagine working in this heat would be quite awful.

you aint kidding i would hope it would rain as our tank is getting low but we are needing things done to the tank how we have lived on it is a miracle.

One has rust the other has algae in it we have good immune systems.... and i can tell the other tank is in use as i cant taste the rust when i am drinking it, sounds weird doesnt it.

I had something else to put here but muse has gone and taken it and blown it to the dust.

t.gypsy
12-02-2010, 05:01 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo_comments.php?aid=4913&id=100000573070499#!/photo.php?pid=93063&id=100000573070499

here we go.

well i knew they would of found a body in christchurch where that woman was poor thing.

JoBear
12-02-2010, 05:27 AM

Are you registered with your doctor and still get charged that much?

I feel your pain, went to the doctor in October about a really sore lump in my neck that had been there for over a month. Paid $34 for her to tell me to come back in 3 months if it was still there and she might then refer me for a needle biopsy. Waste of time and money.

t.gypsy
12-02-2010, 05:39 AM

I feel your pain, went to the doctor in October about a really sore lump in my neck that had been there for over a month. Paid $34 for her to tell me to come back in 3 months if it was still there and she might then refer me for a needle biopsy. Waste of time and money.

gotta hate it when the doctors do that. I dont often go to the doctor but if this itch on my foot keeps up i will have to and i am dreading what she will say.

Hey can any you can track down a clip for me??? it was on 3news about some olympian with a wardrobe malfunction...

_Ed_
12-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Yeah, would have been $80 if I wasn't registered!

t.gypsy
12-02-2010, 05:56 AM
sounds like with the doctors and so on it might be cheaper to get the drugs and head to the liquor store and keep the medicene cabinet topped up here and there..

is anyone happy with the tax rate going up to 15% i am not argghhh i am trying to save and thats gunna help not.

JoBear
12-02-2010, 06:27 AM
its gst only. tax rates are supposed to go down in response. and besides, it's not like its actually official yet. take a lot of work to figure it out.

Spy Fox
12-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a lot of fine tuning needed. Middle bracket people are going to have it worst off right now.

JoBear
12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
anyone on a low income is going to be fucked by it whatever they do as they are the ones using all their money to consume the necessities of life. unless they plan to sort out GST on food because inflation on food as it's going as already made a lot of it unaffordable.

TomIPT
12-02-2010, 10:39 AM
So, I'm drunk, haven't been on here in a while and have made my random decision to head to Australia at the end of March, bring on even hotter weather ;)

Hope everyone is well, Faith No More next week :)

_Ed_
12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Sounds good! Whereabouts in Australia, and for how long?

TomIPT
12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking Brisbane/Gold Coast at the moment, I'm not one to limit my options though, so just see what happens. There are some potential job leads in Bris at the moment so that could work.

As for time not sure, could be a stepping stone before heading over to somewhere like Canada, but that is just a dream at this stage.

_Ed_
12-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Awesome. Best of luck with that. :)

This is pretty cool - http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3313790/The-mails-in-the-microwave

darkshineskitty
12-02-2010, 01:20 PM

Woah, that is kinda awesome but also really freaky. That people actually died and stuff, that's scary. ""There is no evidence that the dancers wanted to dance", citing recorded evidence that the dancers showed expressions of "fear and desperation"." :stunned:

Well I'd imagine a mo like that can't just be hurried into any old shape. It takes time and careful work to make it so perfect.

+1 The adverts say we will get all the answers and what not in this last season, but how are they going to explain...

...Loch turning into that smoke monster? :LOL:

I know! When those people in the temple were trying to shoot at Locke, and then he disappeared, and they were like 'huh?' 'cos they heard the monster coming, I was like 'ohhhh, no you did not' :LOL: I totally saw that coming. It's shit though. I think what happened is that when Locke left the island to get the other survivors to return, remember how he died and then his coffin was on the plane they took back? The Ajira flight? So I think he died, and then the island used his form as a way of communicating with the people on the island. So really Locke has been dead from whenever he died back in the real world. Its kinda stupid though. Why is the island only choosing now to use a human form?
I don't get what the whole 'this is what would have happened if we didn't crash' thing was about. We know they didn't go back to the very start, so what, have they created a parallel universe now? And why was the island underwater at that part?

According to the Wikipedia episode entry for Episode 16/17 of season 5 (the season finale of the season before this one), "Locke is revealed to be an impostor: an old acquaintance of Jacob who manipulates Ben into killing Jacob. In flashbacks, Jacob visits several of the main characters." Did I miss that entirely? :erm: And if Locke is the island, or at least the monster, why would he want to kill Jacob? And wouldn't Jacob know what he was?

This is what happens almost every time I go to the doctor.
Get a pain in my ribs- take some pills that do nothing and they can't do anything more.
Pain in my eyebrow- can't do anything, come back in a few weeks.
It doesn't help that I'm quite a hypochondriac.

Awesome. Best of luck with that. :)

This is pretty cool - http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3313790/The-mails-in-the-microwave

"They say that it's really cool but I just say: 'No, its not, it's only a letterbox'."

I think he would say this to you Richard :p

I went to two themed parties today- 'what you wanted to be when you grew up' themed and 'glow in the dark and neon' themed. They were both quite fun. At the second party, my ex-boyfriend was there (it still feels weird to call him that!) and he was quite drunk. I gave him a hug when I left and he held on a bit too long, quite a lot too long, but he was sort of joking about it so I'll let it slide :chuckle:

There was this kind of a know-it-all guy who everyone was sort of rolling their eyes at, but it was okay. Apparently he went to the States a while back and came back thinking he was all that.
Speaking of Americans, you know who I miss? That hot tutor. :LOL:

JoBear
12-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I know! When those people in the temple were trying to shoot at Locke, and then he disappeared, and they were like 'huh?' 'cos they heard the monster coming, I was like 'ohhhh, no you did not' :LOL: I totally saw that coming. It's shit though. I think what happened is that when Locke left the island to get the other survivors to return, remember how he died and then his coffin was on the plane they took back? The Ajira flight? So I think he died, and then the island used his form as a way of communicating with the people on the island. So really Locke has been dead from whenever he died back in the real world. Its kinda stupid though. Why is the island only choosing now to use a human form?
I don't get what the whole 'this is what would have happened if we didn't crash' thing was about. We know they didn't go back to the very start, so what, have they created a parallel universe now? And why was the island underwater at that part?

According to the Wikipedia episode entry for Episode 16/17 of season 5 (the season finale of the season before this one), "Locke is revealed to be an impostor: an old acquaintance of Jacob who manipulates Ben into killing Jacob. In flashbacks, Jacob visits several of the main characters." Did I miss that entirely? :erm: And if Locke is the island, or at least the monster, why would he want to kill Jacob? And wouldn't Jacob know what he was?

There's the episode in the last season where Jacob and some unidentified guy were on the beach talking. This guy said to Jacob he wanted him dead and he would find a way, some loophole.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/7/79/5x16_Jacob_and_nemesis.png

When Jacob sees Locke he recognises that it's his nemesis he says "You found your loophole."

t.gypsy
13-02-2010, 05:05 AM
whose able to watch the olympics there seems to be a strange twist in it already and its only begun if its not that then it was a warm up or something seems like someone in the sledding got injured or died..

JoBear
13-02-2010, 05:29 AM
yeah they were training on the luge track earlier and one of the riders came off and died.

what's everyone up to this saturday night? i'm just having a beer and waiting for my stuffed chicken and roast potatoes and kumura to cook.

t.gypsy
13-02-2010, 05:59 AM
yeah they were training on the luge track earlier and one of the riders came off and died.

what's everyone up to this saturday night? i'm just having a beer and waiting for my stuffed chicken and roast potatoes and kumura to cook.

not a good start to the olympic..

I am recovering from work ready for the next day and i was looking forward to what i thought i would have mon/tue off oh hell no lol i dont get the next day off until fri/sat so that is 9days wooo.

I am having s,e,f,m for din din.

And those interested looks like a meeting at desch is the plan on my bday. All invited.

lensip max
13-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I had liver for dinner. And broccoli.

Anaemia.

My day was boring. Brief visit from a friend was nice though.

I'm thinking Brisbane/Gold Coast at the moment, I'm not one to limit my options though, so just see what happens. There are some potential job leads in Bris at the moment so that could work.

As for time not sure, could be a stepping stone before heading over to somewhere like Canada, but that is just a dream at this stage.Ooh sounds awesome. Have fun!

This is pretty cool - http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3313790/The-mails-in-the-microwaveMy aunty has a microwave letterbox :awesome:

Hers is in Rangitukia though...

_Ed_
13-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I think he would say this to you Richard :p

I went out with friends for drinks tonight. Brew played fucking KOC (:D), but then things became quite interesting.

At Desh, this random guy decided to join us. He told us he was up from the Waikato for two days and had no other plans in Auckland apart from drinking. Apparently he'd had four bottles of wine. Kudos, I guess. :erm:

Then my friend kind of made friends with this other random guy in Father Ted's. Five minutes after I met him (never even heard his name), he fell asleep and was kicked out of the bar. The bouncers told us not to worry about him, and my friends headed home.

I was a bit worried though, and I went looking. After about half an hour of increasingly frantic searching, I found him comatose on a bench. I called a cab, but couldn't wake him and the taxi driver refused to take him in that condition. So I then asked for advice at a bar and they said, "It's your call, bro." So I called 111, and an ambulance and then police came and looked after him before I went home.

Feel a bit bad for choosing ambulance. The guys said they didn't want to take him to a hospital, and they got the police to come and take over. Felt like I was wasting their time a bit. But I was worried about leaving him there.

darkshineskitty
13-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Its nice that you went looking for him and stuff though. Otherwise he might have woken up with all his ID and money gone, or worse.
It does feel weird calling an ambulance for drunken people. But its better than risking alcohol poisoning I suppose.

Once when I went camping for New Years, we ended up calling an ambulance for our drunk friend. He had passed out on a grassy kerb, and we weren't sure if he had poisoning or not. We decided to also because a friend of mine punched a car (it was a really out-of-control night) and her hand was all fucked up. I ended up staying with both of them at the hospital, pulling an all-nighter. It does feel like you're wasting their time if they just say 'oh he's just really drunk' or 'we'll just get the cops', but then again your action could make all the difference to the condition they wake up in the next morning!

t.gypsy
13-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a few of yous had a good weekend not. And mine is ending with a beginning to another week.

off to work i go to sweat like a bitch.

Michelle
13-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah, would have been $80 if I wasn't registered!

:stunned: That's a bit steep.

That is pretty good use of a dead microwave.

That sounds like a reasonable theory. The whole parallel universe thing is really weird, but surely they'll start explaining that throughout this season :erm:

The Jacob situation is weird too. He did visit many of the main characters, some of them as kids though...

There's the episode in the last season where Jacob and some unidentified guy were on the beach talking. This guy said to Jacob he wanted him dead and he would find a way, some loophole.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/7/79/5x16_Jacob_and_nemesis.png

When Jacob sees Locke he recognises that it's his nemesis he says "You found your loophole."

Now that makes some sense, I had forgotten about that guy. Maybe I'll need to watch that episope again.

I had a movie day yesterday. Went to see Precious and The Wolfman, they were good viewing. Then I watched Wall-E when I got home and I loved it, so so cute :supersad:

Tacticalkat
13-02-2010, 11:31 PM

I went out with friends for drinks tonight. Brew played fucking KOC (:D), but then things became quite interesting.

At Desh, this random guy decided to join us. He told us he was up from the Waikato for two days and had no other plans in Auckland apart from drinking. Apparently he'd had four bottles of wine. Kudos, I guess. :erm:

Then my friend kind of made friends with this other random guy in Father Ted's. Five minutes after I met him (never even heard his name), he fell asleep and was kicked out of the bar. The bouncers told us not to worry about him, and my friends headed home.

I was a bit worried though, and I went looking. After about half an hour of increasingly frantic searching, I found him comatose on a bench. I called a cab, but couldn't wake him and the taxi driver refused to take him in that condition. So I then asked for advice at a bar and they said, "It's your call, bro." So I called 111, and an ambulance and then police came and looked after him before I went home.

Feel a bit bad for choosing ambulance. The guys said they didn't want to take him to a hospital, and they got the police to come and take over. Felt like I was wasting their time a bit. But I was worried about leaving him there.

You SO did the right thing, I am so proud of you. It's not just the alcohol poisoning and the rest of it, the airway is extremely vunerable when drunk, especially when you coma out, and you had no way of knowing if he'd be ok or not.
Well done, and it's his own fault if he got taken in by the police, but at least he isn't dead!

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 01:25 AM
I had a movie day yesterday. Went to see Precious and The Wolfman, they were good viewing. Then I watched Wall-E when I got home and I loved it, so so cute :supersad:
Oh I want to see The Wolfman. I've heard Precious is really depressing though - is that true?

You SO did the right thing, I am so proud of you. It's not just the alcohol poisoning and the rest of it, the airway is extremely vunerable when drunk, especially when you coma out, and you had no way of knowing if he'd be ok or not.
Well done, and it's his own fault if he got taken in by the police, but at least he isn't dead!
Thanks for saying that. :) Means a lot coming from a medical professional!

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 01:41 AM
I love reading Shortland Street scripts at work.

"Passion ensues." :LOL:

JoBear
14-02-2010, 02:38 AM
god whose it between now?

i see they brought back adam rickett's character on coronation street with a new actor. i was hoping he was leaving shortie. :noey: like seriously, how's his character going to get out of a hit and run?

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 03:01 AM
god whose it between now?
I'm afraid I can't disclose that top secret information.

JoBear
14-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Now I won't be able to sleep at night. Can't decide if I should go to class at half 4, no one has replied to my texts about going.

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 04:23 AM
You're still here, so is that a no? Don't blame you at all. It's a bloody Sunday afternoon.

JoBear
14-02-2010, 04:39 AM
i did go this morning i guess! thought i'd stay home and put dinner on and do a bit of packing. also listed some stuff on trademe.

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Sounds like a productive day!

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 04:43 AM
EDIT: So productive that I felt the need to say so twice!

JoBear
14-02-2010, 04:57 AM
stupid board, always goes down at this time of day.

JoBear
14-02-2010, 04:57 AM
stupid board, always goes down at this time of day.

t.gypsy
14-02-2010, 05:05 AM
arrrrrgghhhhh i had a rough day at work and make matters worse i cant drink the wine to forget it coz if i do i wont go in tommorow and i want the money, and if i want the dm job then i am going to need to show them i can do it.

Make matters worse when i got to work i felt a pain in my hip like muscles going tight on me so i thought right i am gunna keep going luckily it settled down but hell it was annoyang.

And rich that was good how you looked after the person you will prolly find the person is amazed that someone looked out for the bugga i'd be the same even if it was the police getting involved.

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 05:07 AM
He may not know. I know when I've been like that myself I don't remember much! And if he doesn't know, I'd like to keep it that way.

Why was it a rough day at work?

t.gypsy
14-02-2010, 05:37 AM
He may not know. I know when I've been like that myself I don't remember much! And if he doesn't know, I'd like to keep it that way.

Why was it a rough day at work?

Rude people some of them stopping in front of you and talking to someone and when you said excuse me so you can take the plates to the kitchen look at you like you sprouted a third eye ball.

The dm was in a bitchy mood and was interferring with my job when i was well organised a head of her and she just distracted me it was one of those days if you get what i mean and i have another 4days of this *sighs* oh well the pay will be good.

I can recall a drinking binge my flatmates found me asleep outside by the letterbox the next morning what i had to drink in the mean time i have no idea..... or how much not a clue but yes i woke up by the letterbox :D i shouldnt be proud of it but it was a random thing i did

JoBear
14-02-2010, 06:11 AM
selling the last of my muse singles in a bulk lot if anyone is interested: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=271894335

t.gypsy
14-02-2010, 07:13 AM
selling the last of my muse singles in a bulk lot if anyone is interested: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=271894335

whats the reason for selling.

JoBear
14-02-2010, 07:15 AM
same reason i'm selling all my muse stuff

t.gypsy
14-02-2010, 07:24 AM
same reason i'm selling all my muse stuff

needing the money??

JoBear
14-02-2010, 07:31 AM
no, got much better things to sell if i needed money. :LOL:

lensip max
14-02-2010, 08:09 AM
I liked this bit :LOL:

"Great if you're a big fan of Black Holes and Relevations or just watched Twilight and you're now a massive fan. This is totally your way in with the cool kids at the museboard."

I had a movie day yesterday. Went to see Precious and The Wolfman, they were good viewing. Then I watched Wall-E when I got home and I loved it, so so cute :supersad:Ohh I want to see both of those!

I watched bits of wall e on the disney channel tonight but found myself getting depressed so I went and made my mum dinner instead though.

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 10:40 AM

Oh yeah I remember that, but I don't remember that line. Vague explanation much?
I wonder if the "nemesis" has anything to do with Locke being called special when he was younger- Richard Alpert was the one who told him that.

The Jacob situation is weird too. He did visit many of the main characters, some of them as kids though...

And then he died. Shitty.
He set them all up to be on the island, but its still not even clear why they have to be there in the first place! They keep going on about 'destiny', but we still don't know what that really is. Stop the Others? Explode the Swan Station? Find the Black Rock? Free Desmond? Get Locke to kill Jacob? Stop Mr Widmore finding it?

Michelle, I forget, have you seen The End of Time already or did you watch it today?

Edit: I opened my email inbox today, and had 560 messages :eek:

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Edit: I opened my email inbox today, and had 560 messages :eek:
Look who's popular!

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Look who's popular!

They were almost all notifications of my friend going through a batch of photos of mine and tagging everyone :LOL:

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Haha, disappointing.

http://valancyjane.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/devo-hat-amazon.jpg

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 11:01 AM
http://valancyjane.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/devo-hat-amazon.jpg

Whip it, whip it good?

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh did they do that song? I just liked the hat.

Staggering display of musical ignorance.

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh did they do that song? I just liked the hat.

Staggering display of musical ignorance.

I think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw&feature=PlayList&p=2FDCA2BD46D662A3&index=0&playnext=1

Yep. Cheap video is horribly cheap. And weird.

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 11:11 AM
That was a mildly traumatic experience.

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I saw a guy today walking along the road holding hands with (presumably) his partner. The interesting thing about this was that she had a stocking over her head. I'm guessing she was in store for some sort of romantic surprise, but it was a hot and humid day, so I hope whatever it was was worth it.

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I saw a guy today walking along the road holding hands with (presumably) his partner. The interesting thing about this was that she had a stocking over her head. I'm guessing she was in store for some sort of romantic surprise, but it was a hot and humid day, so I hope whatever it was was worth it.

Maybe they were going to rob a bank? Bonnie and Clyde style :LOL:

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Maybe! The guy did have a moderately maniacal grin on his face. But he had no disguise, and she appeared to be having difficulty seeing where she was going. I don't think bank robbage would have gone well.

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Maybe! The guy did have a moderately maniacal grin on his face. But he had no disguise, and she appeared to be having difficulty seeing where she was going. I don't think bank robbage would have gone well.

Aw, at least he seemed enthused about his Valentine's surprise.

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it was awesome. :happy:

But I just hope it didn't end badly - I pictured her finally removing the stocking from her head, gasping for air and probably dripping with sweat, only to say, "That's all? I went through that ordeal for this?"

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it was awesome. :happy:

But I just hope it didn't end badly - I pictured her finally removing the stocking from her head, gasping for air and probably dripping with sweat, only to say, "That's all? I went through that ordeal for this?"

It's the thought that counts!

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 12:09 PM
That is true.

Except when you think about doing something and don't do it. Then the thought counts for very little.

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 12:37 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Fa-NqGm0-Lk/SZtQWJ0zGHI/AAAAAAAALlk/LOkVOSSATss/s400/surprised-animal-2.jpg

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 12:38 PM
:happy:

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 12:42 PM
My favourite animal picture at the moment:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6dh9RRUc6Ls/S2RMMq_yRcI/AAAAAAAAAA8/xeQ1bW_deys/s320/CharlyFoal.jpg

darkshineskitty
14-02-2010, 12:49 PM
My favourite animal picture at the moment:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6dh9RRUc6Ls/S2RMMq_yRcI/AAAAAAAAAA8/xeQ1bW_deys/s320/CharlyFoal.jpg

Awww

_Ed_
14-02-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.thestandard.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Hide-smirk-rev.jpg
Awww.