PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 10:50 AM
mmm i hope muse managed to convert a few more people at the bdo

I hope not, I like my gigs small :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=519AXhLv24I :LOL:

:LOL: I was watching it just waiting for the part when they notice.

Weather was very hot today, yes! It was supposed to be showery too. I went to Western Springs yesterday with my friends and it spat a few times but otherwise it was still really warm, and it got sunny in the late afternoon!
That was a fun day, we played Frizbee and football and climbed trees and rode one of those 4 person circular swing-ride things :LOL: And we climbed up the rock wall! Plus fed the ducks and the scary swans. At one point my friend was throwing bread at my feet to try and lure the ducks over and then I walked among the crowd of them and was like 'I walk among you, like your god!' :LOL: A friend of mine was wearing one of those $90 Muse jumpers and I was wearing my older BDO t-shirt :awesome: Shit was so cash. We even made a 10 person pyramid at one point :LOL:

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Shit was so cash.
:LOL: :awesome:
Sounds like a really fun day!

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 10:54 AM
:LOL: :awesome:
Sounds like a really fun day!

:LOL: you're almost as bad as me in terms of speedy replying

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Haha, I know. I'm bored.

Which also explains looking for TV bloopers on Youtube.

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Haha, I know. I'm bored.

Which also explains looking for TV bloopers on Youtube.

I'm going to watch Doctor Who on YouTube. A nice creepy episode about creatures hiding in the dark- perfect to watch in the pitch black!

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Ooh, that does sound creepy. I used to get terrified watching X-Files in the dark. Not clever.

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Ooh, that does sound creepy. I used to get terrified watching X-Files in the dark. Not clever.

I know, I think I watched another Doctor Who episode, Blink, in the dark the first time I saw it. That one is about monsters that move when you're not looking at them, so you have to try not to blink and keep them in your sights otherwise they attack. Scary as fuck. I watched it at like 3am :LOL:

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 11:31 AM
:LOL:
Lunacy.

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Lunacy.

But so much fun :D And I don't even like scary movies.

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 12:22 PM
http://www.musiccitycardsandgifts.com/files/4889-Whatever-Floats-Your-Boat_L.jpg

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.musiccitycardsandgifts.com/files/4889-Whatever-Floats-Your-Boat_L.jpg

Certainly not that dog, that's for sure :LOL:

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Ooh, the dog gets the Kitty snub.

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Ooh, the dog gets the Kitty snub.

That's how I do it :cool:

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 12:46 PM
The tennis was on TV today and I heard the commentator guy say "she's going off for a toilet break. She's taken leave of the court, which is probably a good idea." Err, probably. :erm:

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 01:20 PM
The tennis was on TV today and I heard the commentator guy say "she's going off for a toilet break. She's taken leave of the court, which is probably a good idea." Err, probably. :erm:

Yeah a wise move by the player on that one :LOL:

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoPS2mROK_s
OMG I am loving this.

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 01:25 PM
OMG I am loving this.

Its so cool being able to listen to all the parts separately! :happy:

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Yeah, definitely. It's fantastic.

I'm off to bed now. Hope you have an awesome Tuesday. Night!

darkshineskitty
25-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah, definitely. It's fantastic.

I'm off to bed now. Hope you have an awesome Tuesday. Night!

Alright, you too! Night! :happy:

Tacticalkat
25-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Spectacular power cut today - the lack of traffic lights made my drive into town an interesting one!

Heard a rumour that it took so long to fix because the farmer who owned the land the part of the cables that needed fixing was on refused to let them on his property. Don't know if that's true.

Man everywhere around had no power, most of my friends didn't, but my house was fine! Stoked!

I hope not, I like my gigs small :chuckle:

:LOL: I was watching it just waiting for the part when they notice.

Weather was very hot today, yes! It was supposed to be showery too. I went to Western Springs yesterday with my friends and it spat a few times but otherwise it was still really warm, and it got sunny in the late afternoon!
That was a fun day, we played Frizbee and football and climbed trees and rode one of those 4 person circular swing-ride things :LOL: And we climbed up the rock wall! Plus fed the ducks and the scary swans. At one point my friend was throwing bread at my feet to try and lure the ducks over and then I walked among the crowd of them and was like 'I walk among you, like your god!' :LOL: A friend of mine was wearing one of those $90 Muse jumpers and I was wearing my older BDO t-shirt :awesome: Shit was so cash. We even made a 10 person pyramid at one point :LOL:

Hhahaha that sounds awesome, but how the fuck do you make a ten person pyramid without dying?

But so much fun :D And I don't even like scary movies.

I love them, but it's so rare that you actually find one that's scary.

Ewwww! Did it go on for a million hours like the one the other night?
Honestly, why would you put the tennis on in a bar like that?

_Ed_
26-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Man everywhere around had no power, most of my friends didn't, but my house was fine! Stoked!
Haha, result! :awesome:

Ewwww! Did it go on for a million hours like the one the other night?
Honestly, why would you put the tennis on in a bar like that?
Oh, I know. No one was watching it either, although I think the short-skirted players in the women's match briefly got the attention of some of those dicks.

Tacticalkat
26-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Haha, result! :awesome:

Oh, I know. No one was watching it either, although I think the short-skirted players in the women's match briefly got the attention of some of those dicks.

Those dicks weren't really being picky though, twats.

I just don't get tennis. But the grunting cracks me up.

Gorgeous day today!

_Ed_
26-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Haha, this is hilarious. Take a look just behind the dress and to the left...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=265854157

:chuckle:

Michelle
26-01-2010, 04:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=519AXhLv24I :LOL:

I know, I think I watched another Doctor Who episode, Blink, in the dark the first time I saw it. That one is about monsters that move when you're not looking at them, so you have to try not to blink and keep them in your sights otherwise they attack. Scary as fuck. I watched it at like 3am :LOL:

I want to watch that episode again. I need to go through what I have on dvd to see if I have it.

Aww :chuckle:

OMG I am loving this.

Cool. The backing vocals starting at 1.25 are a bit creepy though :LOL:

Gorgeous day today!

Indeed. I wish the weather forecast will stop saying there will be showers so I can plan my trip to Rainbows End and the zoo. At least I got to the Waitakere Ranges yesterday for bird watching. My mozzy bites are more itchy and swollen today though so I got some Anthisan, which hasn't lasted very long on some of them, need to put some more on.

:LOL: Oh dear. But :awesome: for Sheldon on the tv.

cookie
26-01-2010, 05:28 AM

"Q. will you chuck in the dildo if i use the buy now feature ?"

Tacticalkat
26-01-2010, 05:39 AM

I want to watch that episode again. I need to go through what I have on dvd to see if I have it.

Aww :chuckle:

Cool. The backing vocals starting at 1.25 are a bit creepy though :LOL:

Indeed. I wish the weather forecast will stop saying there will be showers so I can plan my trip to Rainbows End and the zoo. At least I got to the Waitakere Ranges yesterday for bird watching. My mozzy bites are more itchy and swollen today though so I got some Anthisan, which hasn't lasted very long on some of them, need to put some more on.

:LOL: Oh dear. But :awesome: for Sheldon on the tv.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that found the whispering creepy!

YAY! We are going to Rainbows End this weekend if it's not raining!

JoBear
26-01-2010, 08:38 AM
that reminds me, work had an internal advertisement for my job in manakau and they said that in the blurb about the area that it was close to rainbow's end :LOL:

back finally, sore feet...don't wanna go back to work. 50 something days to go there at least.

Tacticalkat
26-01-2010, 08:41 AM
that reminds me, work had an internal advertisement for my job in manakau and they said that in the blurb about the area that it was close to rainbow's end :LOL:

back finally, sore feet...don't wanna go back to work. 50 something days to go there at least.

Your status was intriguing! Was it fun apart from all the crazy stuff?

JoBear
26-01-2010, 08:45 AM
yeah it was fun - very tiring though. would much rather have the rest of the week in bed recovering. i'm getting too old for camping.

darkshineskitty
26-01-2010, 09:52 AM
OMG RAGE I HAS IT

My mum is so annoying! I come downstairs before saying 'I'm going to watch Buffy at 10:30' and she gets all angry because shes watching that stupid Deja Vu movie. And so I go well Buffy is my regular show that I watch at 10:30, just like you watch Shortland Street every day, and she starts going on about how she doesn't watch it every day when she so does. It was like a pet annoyance between me and my sis when she lived here that Mum would always want to watch Shortland Street at 7. So anyway, she's going on about how she pays the TV licence and its her house and shit and yet won't admit that she watched Shortland Street everyday. Its like I don't even care about watching Buffy that much, it just pisses me off to high heaven that she yells at me for having a regular program when she's had one how long! And so I go 'okay, let me propose I hypothetical situation then' and she starts yelling no at me because she obviously knows that I'm going to say something that proves her to be a hypocrite. So I go 'okay say I'm watching Family Guy here at 7, and then you come up and go 'oh Shortland Street's on, switch to that, do I have to move?' and then she's like 'I don't know!' and I'm like 'yes, I would! Because that's what happens everyday!'. Seriously its like no matter if I'm watching something at 7, if Shortland Street is on then I have to switch, even if she comes in half-way! FUCKS SAKE SERIOUSLY SO ANNOYING. She cannot admit that she's wrong! She cannot admit to being a huge hypocrite! And anyway, today she watched from 7pm to now, and I want to watch only for an hour out of the day. She has all these shows she watches during the week, and my regulars are only Buffy and Glee, and maybe Big Bang Theory, if she's not around because I can't stand to watch comedy shows with her hooting laugher right in my ear.

I feel a bit better now.

_Ed_
26-01-2010, 10:23 AM
yeah it was fun - very tiring though. would much rather have the rest of the week in bed recovering. i'm getting too old for camping.
Great to hear you had a mostly fun time, I know you were really looking forward to it. :happy: And welcome back!

OMG RAGE I HAS IT

My mum is so annoying! I come downstairs before saying 'I'm going to watch Buffy at 10:30' and she gets all angry because shes watching that stupid Deja Vu movie. And so I go well Buffy is my regular show that I watch at 10:30, just like you watch Shortland Street every day, and she starts going on about how she doesn't watch it every day when she so does. It was like a pet annoyance between me and my sis when she lived here that Mum would always want to watch Shortland Street at 7. So anyway, she's going on about how she pays the TV licence and its her house and shit and yet won't admit that she watched Shortland Street everyday. Its like I don't even care about watching Buffy that much, it just pisses me off to high heaven that she yells at me for having a regular program when she's had one how long! And so I go 'okay, let me propose I hypothetical situation then' and she starts yelling no at me because she obviously knows that I'm going to say something that proves her to be a hypocrite. So I go 'okay say I'm watching Family Guy here at 7, and then you come up and go 'oh Shortland Street's on, switch to that, do I have to move?' and then she's like 'I don't know!' and I'm like 'yes, I would! Because that's what happens everyday!'. Seriously its like no matter if I'm watching something at 7, if Shortland Street is on then I have to switch, even if she comes in half-way! FUCKS SAKE SERIOUSLY SO ANNOYING. She cannot admit that she's wrong! She cannot admit to being a huge hypocrite! And anyway, today she watched from 7pm to now, and I want to watch only for an hour out of the day. She has all these shows she watches during the week, and my regulars are only Buffy and Glee, and maybe Big Bang Theory, if she's not around because I can't stand to watch comedy shows with her hooting laugher right in my ear.

I feel a bit better now.
That is really hypocritical, unfair and annoying. :(

I'm having to stay late at work. I've been really slow at getting through my work tonight.

Tacticalkat
26-01-2010, 06:01 PM

Hah, sounds tiring!
Camping is such hard work!

OMG RAGE I HAS IT

I feel a bit better now.

Oh dear, you poor thing. At least you have raged it all out, that's usually a good thing.

Great to hear you had a mostly fun time, I know you were really looking forward to it. :happy: And welcome back!

That is really hypocritical, unfair and annoying. :(

I'm having to stay late at work. I've been really slow at getting through my work tonight.

Why do I feel like somehow I am to blame for this? :LOL:

JoBear
26-01-2010, 06:49 PM
OMG RAGE I HAS IT

I feel a bit better now.
what the...we haven't even had tv licensing for 11 years!

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Why do I feel like somehow I am to blame for this? :LOL:
Well...not entirely.

Ghosty Ghost
27-01-2010, 09:42 AM
How was everyone's day then? I had a little sleep in, drank some milk that was 5 days past expiry, sat around the house in my bathrobe and had coffee with my mum. Time off work is niiiiice.

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 09:44 AM
That sounds good, apart from the 5 days past expiry milk. Was it still feasible?

I went and had dinner with Kat's family. All really lovely people. :happy:

Ghosty Ghost
27-01-2010, 09:47 AM
That sounds good, apart from the 5 days past expiry milk. Was it still feasible?

I went and had dinner with Kat's family. All really lovely people. :happy:
It was a little sour but nothing I couldn't handle.

And that's awesome :D

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 09:50 AM
It was a little sour but nothing I couldn't handle.
Hardcore. :yesey:

Ghosty Ghost
27-01-2010, 09:52 AM
No massive faux pas with the family then?

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I was so sure there would be, but I seem to have got through unscathed in that regard.

I was careful, though. When I let down my guard, look out.

Ghosty Ghost
27-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Unrelated, but I just noticed the last Finnish thread got through 10,000 posts in 18 days :stunned:

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Good lord. :stunned:

Ghosty Ghost
27-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I was so sure there would be, but I seem to have got through unscathed in that regard.

I was careful, though. When I let down my guard, look out.
That's good, sounds much less eventful than when I met my inlaws. That involved passing out naked in their hallway, among other things.

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah, that really was a horrific experience!

JoBear
27-01-2010, 10:25 AM
That's good, sounds much less eventful than when I met my inlaws. That involved passing out naked in their hallway, among other things.
inlaws :chuckle: it's weird isn't it? when i talk about your mum i usually end up saying mother in law despite the fact we're only simple de facto partner folk.

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKmQHroi8rY
I loved this at work last night.

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/250110NZHSRIFIRE03_460x230.jpg
"I've got two words for you - JULIA...ROBERTS."
*awkward silence*

One of the highlights of NZ TV in recent years, in my opinion.

darkshineskitty
27-01-2010, 11:03 AM
inlaws :chuckle: it's weird isn't it? when i talk about your mum i usually end up saying mother in law despite the fact we're only simple de facto partner folk.

:chuckle: I think when you start to bring up the 'babies' word in conversation that's when Oren will start to worry! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKmQHroi8rY
I loved this at work last night.

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/250110NZHSRIFIRE03_460x230.jpg
"I've got two words for you - JULIA...ROBERTS."
*awkward silence*

One of the highlights of NZ TV in recent years, in my opinion.

I couldn't even watch the whole thing to find that part, it was too cringeworthy. Why doesn't he just get Transpower to move the pylon?

I went to the museum today :awesome: That was fun, got lots of silly photos of us admiring exhibits and posing with displays and jumping off the museum steps :LOL:. Then I went to Dad's for dinner. His fridge stopped working somehow during the day so stuff in the freezer was starting to defrost :erm: But we watched football :happy:. TOTTENHAM! :LOL:

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Cool (lol fridge/freezer pun), sounds like a fun day.

I haven't been to the museum for ages!

darkshineskitty
27-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Cool (lol fridge/freezer pun), sounds like a fun day.

I haven't been to the museum for ages!

Yeah it was good :happy: Got up very early though!

How was it meeting Kat's family? Did they give you the traditional 'omg my daughter has brought a male around!' grilling? :LOL:

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Ooh, how early?

No, they were really awesome actually. I had met them briefly before, but we made our Facebook announcement since then so I wondered if I would be put under additional scrutiny!

Maybe they decided I was trustworthy after I waited with Kat for them to come pick her up from town one time. But maybe they're being too trusting and that was all part of my evil, devious plan.

darkshineskitty
27-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Ooh, how early?

No, they were really awesome actually. I had met them briefly before, but we made our Facebook announcement since then so I wondered if I would be put under additional scrutiny!

Maybe they decided I was trustworthy after I waited with Kat for them to come pick her up from town one time. But maybe they're being too trusting and that was all part of my evil, devious plan.

9:30am!

Aw that's nice. Facebook announcement? Does this mean what I assume it means? :awesome:?

Maybe, I can't tell anything behind the smiling face of that black guy in your avatar :chuckle:

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Ooh, that is early.

Haha, that depends what you assume it means! I certainly think it's :awesome: though.

darkshineskitty
27-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Ooh, that is early.

Haha, that depends what you assume it means! I certainly think it's :awesome: though.

Well I don't want to say in case I'm very very wrong and it makes the rest of this thread uber awkward forever.

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Fair enough. We can just say it probably is what you assume. :)

So what are your plans for tomorrow?

darkshineskitty
27-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Fair enough. We can just say it probably is what you assume. :)

So what are your plans for tomorrow?

If it is what I assume then its the kind of Facebook announcement that leads to a flurry of comments and questions on your profile :LOL:

Not entirely planned out yet. You?

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Kat's, yeah. Mine, no! My friends are really quite Facebook unobservant. When I told them she might join us when we went out in town on Saturday they were like, "wait, what? Who?" :chuckle:

I have nothing interesting planned tomorrow. Work at 3:30, that's about it.

darkshineskitty
27-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Kat's, yeah. Mine, no! My friends are really quite Facebook unobservant. When I told them she might join us when we went out in town on Saturday they were like, "wait, what? Who?" :chuckle:

I have nothing interesting planned tomorrow. Work at 3:30, that's about it.

:chuckle: That might be a blessing in disguise.

Oh true, hows that going? Do you know what you'll be working on?

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, maybe! I haven't been good at keeping them up to date because I don't really know how to bring up good news in that area when I'm talking to my friends. I'm really used to talking to them when things aren't going so well, but I feel uncomfortable about going "woo, I'm seriously happy right now" to them, especially since some of them aren't so lucky at the moment.

I don't know what I'll be doing yet. Probably news and some shitty reality shows, as usual! Although I did a cool one for TV3 yesterday with that hairy guy from Top Gear (not Clarkson or Hammond), doing crazy shit with toys. It's starting in a couple of weeks, might be worth watching. :)

darkshineskitty
27-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah, maybe! I haven't been good at keeping them up to date because I don't really know how to bring up good news in that area when I'm talking to my friends. I'm really used to talking to them when things aren't going so well, but I feel uncomfortable about going "woo, I'm seriously happy right now" to them, especially since some of them aren't so lucky at the moment.

I don't know what I'll be doing yet. Probably news and some shitty reality shows, as usual! Although I did a cool one for TV3 yesterday with that hairy guy from Top Gear (not Clarkson or Hammond), doing crazy shit with toys. It's starting in a couple of weeks, might be worth watching. :)

Yeah I quoted you too fast to reply to that part you edited in :LOL:

Oh I've seen a bit of that in the Random Picture thread! James May?

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Haha, you did.

Yeah, that's the guy. I quite enjoyed it. They made a life-size Spitfire in the one I did. Impressive shit.

darkshineskitty
27-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Haha, you did.

Yeah, that's the guy. I quite enjoyed it. They made a life-size Spitfire in the one I did. Impressive shit.

Yeah I saw that part! :LOL: The giant Lego house is awesome!
Now I'm off to read a webcomic before bed, but have a great day! Night :happy:

_Ed_
27-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks, you have a great day too! Night!

Ghosty Ghost
27-01-2010, 10:49 PM
After careful comparison this morning I've decided I prefer fresh milk to spoilt milk.

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:26 AM
http://sparklingwhine.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/popped-collar-3.jpg
I'm so devastated that I can never be as cool as this guy.

Ghosty Ghost
28-01-2010, 12:41 AM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_97v0_REAuAY/Smf4ZbdqjLI/AAAAAAAAADQ/-BCtapd5O-g/yo-dawg-i-herd-u-wuz-a-douchebag_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Fabulous.

So in your careful milk comparison, did you have more spoilt milk today as well as the fresh, or were you going on memory from yesterday?

lensip max
28-01-2010, 01:44 AM
After careful comparison this morning I've decided I prefer fresh milk to spoilt milk.I'm glad for you.

Having not been able to stand coming in here while you were all "OMG BDO" (so I'm human and prone to jealousy...)

How are you all doing?

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Sorry! :( That was really a bit inconsiderate of us.

I'm really good thanks. How are you?

lensip max
28-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Haha no it's not! It's natural and normal and I'd be posting about it all the time too if only I was there :happy:

I'm pretty good. Bit sunburnt, bit tired of my family, but on the whole I'm doing well. Can't wait to get out of NZ in June though (when I go on this Canadian health thing. And then I figured I may as well go to the US afterwards). I met the Canadians earlier this month, which was awesome.

Also - due to like, Maori things, I'll be coming through Auckland quite a few times this year!
So I can meet (some of) you (hopefully) :awesome:

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Would be seriously awesome to meet you!

TomIPT
28-01-2010, 07:07 AM
This is awesome, I have been thinking about pushing myself to do a skydive, I think I might add that to my goals of 2010. You need around 200 solo jumps before trying these things though, and balls of steel :LOL:

It gets interesting around the 1 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4U6T_BB1N8

lensip max
28-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Aww thanks :)

I'm going up to Kawakawa in the far north now and again to learn Stuff. Yes, Super Awesome Stuff.

Capitals make everything srs.

lensip max
28-01-2010, 07:15 AM
This is awesome, I have been thinking about pushing myself to do a skydive, I think I might add that to my goals of 2010. You need around 200 solo jumps before trying these things though, and balls of steel :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4U6T_BB1N8I want to do that as well!

My older brother doesn't want me to skydive until I'm 24 though, because that was when he did, so it's somehow emasculating for me, his kid sister, to do so younger than him.

To which I say :phu:

TomIPT
28-01-2010, 07:21 AM
haha, I say do it whenever the hell you want :) then you can give him crap about it too.

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm going up to Kawakawa in the far north now and again to learn Stuff. Yes, Super Awesome Stuff.
Ooh, Super Awesome.

What kind of Super Awesome Stuff, if you don't mind me asking?

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 07:23 AM
I want to do that as well!

My older brother doesn't want me to skydive until I'm 24 though, because that was when he did, so it's somehow emasculating for me, his kid sister, to do so younger than him.

To which I say :phu:
:phu: is right! Go on, dooo it.

lensip max
28-01-2010, 07:57 AM
:phu: is right! Go on, dooo it.

haha, I say do it whenever the hell you want :) then you can give him crap about it too.Oh, I'm going to :D

I just really need to save up a lot of moolah first. And go overseas. I like the idea of making my family pay as a Christmas present this year though...

t.gypsy
28-01-2010, 08:24 AM
whose forgotten who i am :p..

i have had a rather weird week this week and i am still not sure what the hell to make of it god dam it and its like so out of my own control its not funny..

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty good. Bit sunburnt, bit tired of my family, but on the whole I'm doing well. Can't wait to get out of NZ in June though (when I go on this Canadian health thing. And then I figured I may as well go to the US afterwards). I met the Canadians earlier this month, which was awesome.

Also - due to like, Maori things, I'll be coming through Auckland quite a few times this year!
So I can meet (some of) you (hopefully) :awesome:

Wow, the US! Where abouts in the US are you thinking of going? That would be awesome!

Oh yay, come visit us in Auckland! :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4U6T_BB1N8

Oh my God. :stunned:
That looks AMAZING. Wingsuits alone are incredible, and getting that close to the walls is insane. It's weird that you can be like 'wow it would be awesome if they touched the rock' but in reality it would probably spin them off course and maybe cause them to crash. At speeds like that :stunned:
Wingsuits would be an amazing wonderful thing to try, but I wouldn't like the jumping-off-a-cliff part. That's why I think I could do skydiving from a plane, but not a cliff. Because with a plane you're jumping from the air really, but with the cliff you have the comforting feel of ground under you putting you off :LOL:

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 11:05 AM
That's why I think I could do skydiving from a plane, but not a cliff. Because with a plane you're jumping from the air really, but with the cliff you have the comforting feel of ground under you putting you off :LOL:
That's a good point actually. Hadn't thought of it that way.

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 11:09 AM
THIS sounds AMAZING
http://www.backstage.com/bso/news-and-features-features/all-the-city-s-a-stage-1004062234.story
That is the kind of thing I love :happy:

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Wow, that sounds fantastic.

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Wow, that sounds fantastic.

It would be so much fun! And a great way to tour the city!

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, totally.

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah, totally.

How's your day been?

It's been okay. Saw that Nine movie, it was pretty average. Not as good as I expected it to be. Then went home where Mum was annoying again of course, and then went out to friend's for drinks.

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Cool, sounds good, apart from the annoying Mum bit. Seems to be a recurring issue. :( What did she do?

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Cool, sounds good, apart from the annoying Mum bit. Seems to be a recurring issue. :( What did she do?

We were outside and talking about something and then she came over right next to me and was trying to point out this bird on a branch to me so she was talking softy in order not to scare it, but of course when she stepped close and talked into my ear I stepped away because you know, PERSONAL SPACE. I was like 'don't do that, it's creepy'. And then she was getting all offended and being like 'you're always saying that I'm doing things wrong! You're always monitoring how I act!' and I was like 'I don't like people creeping up on me!' and then of course in the exact hypocritical way that she has she was all 'you should change how you act! Don't say "You're always doing that, its creepy"!You keep telling me I always do this, and I always do that!,' even though she was just telling me what I "always" do! And anyway, I said 'don't do that', not 'you're always doing that'. So I don't like it when people standing next to me suddenly get all up in my personal space and try to whisper in my ear! It's a natural reaction to step back! She was going on about "I'm only your mother, why would it be creepy!'. Its like FUCK ITS JUST ANNOYING. And then I went and stood close to her suddenly and she moved back too! ITS SO INFURIATING. Its like she thinks she can tell me that I should change how I act, or that I'm always doing something, but she never thinks that maybe she should change how SHE acts, and then tells me I'm always doing things! Why should I have to change my subconscious reaction of stepping back? Why doesn't she just not get all up in my personal space?

And anyway, the birds don't even fucking care if you're talking loud, they're tame enough that even the when the cat's standing around they still eat their food and stuff. And then after we were talking about whether the birds could understand each other even if they're different types and how they decide which one keeps lookout while the other gets food, and I was like 'I don't think they have a concept of trust' and then she was like 'no no...' like she was going to argue a different point, and then moments later goes 'anyway, I don't think they know something like trust' as though shes making an opposing point to what I said, even though I agreed with the point! I was like 'yeah, that's what I was saying' and she goes 'actually no it wasn't' in this 'uh, no' voice. FUCK YOU I KNOW WHAT I WAS ARGUING. You just took what I said and tried to make your own "opposing point" so you could have an excuse to argue!
She just loves to make an argument to hear the sound of her own voice, and has to take everything like a personal attack because she has this martyr complext that everyone is always picking on her and shit.

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Completely understand why that would annoy you!

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Completely understand why that would annoy you!

RAGE. That is what its like living here. EVERY DAY. She goes on about no one ever listened to her in her family, and then when we are having an argument and she's done yelling I can't get to say anything! She just goes 'no, I don't want to hear it!' and screams over top of me! I hate it so much! I get so frustrated that I shake and start to cry. TEARS OF RAGE. She is the biggest hypocrite in the world. I think she is like actually fucked in the head. She is incapable of understanding that she is wrong, even for the smallest things. She will barely ever actually say the words, even for something small. I bet she was the cause of my tension headaches. Even the fucking chiropractor could tell.

VENT VENT VENT

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:24 PM
:(
Must be really impossible to put up with.

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Must be really impossible to put up with.

It is! It just makes me depressed. And the one of the most annoying things is that afterwards I'll sometimes make an attempt to be pleasant or something and she's all 'no I don't want to talk to you, I'm really upset right now.' FINE FUCK OFF I WAS JUST TRYING TO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD AND RISE ABOVE IT. Go sulk and smoke your pot downstairs in the room that you fill with useless junk because you are obviously FUCKING OUT OF YOUR MIND while I sit upstairs in my tiny bedroom and if I even mention wanting to move downstairs you get all defensive about your shit down there only because you won't have anywhere to smoke WHICH I KNOW YOU DO EVEN IF YOU LIE BADLY TO COVER IT UP WHEN I CAN PLAINLY SMELL IT.

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I really don't think I could cope at all with living with someone like that. You've done bloody well.

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I really don't think I could cope at all with living with someone like that. You've done bloody well.

And now it's just me at home. Yaaaaaay :rolleyes:

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah, that must make it heaps worse.

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, that must make it heaps worse.

Oh yeah, it does. Moving out seems so far away. Is it bad that I kind of want to just graduate now so I can go straight on the dole and then move out?

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:47 PM
No, I can totally understand that. I'd probably feel the same way.

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 12:49 PM
No, I can totally understand that. I'd probably feel the same way.

It just sucks. And since my sis doesn't live at home and my dad doesn't live here its like I'm stuck in this stupid place and there's not much I can do about it and no one even cares.

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Sounds so awful. We definitely care though!

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Sounds so awful. We definitely care though!

This is why I'm glad there is a Moa thread here which such nice people :happy:
This is also why we can never meet in person, because my rage is a black fog that will consume you and turn you into a hollow shell :LOL:

_Ed_
28-01-2010, 12:59 PM
This is also why we can never meet in person, because my rage is a black fog that will consume you and turn you into a hollow shell :LOL:
:noey:
I'm not remotely satisfied by this. We'll wear your reluctance down, bit by bit!

But for now, it's bed time for me. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. :) Night!

darkshineskitty
28-01-2010, 01:03 PM
:noey:
I'm not remotely satisfied by this. We'll wear your reluctance down, bit by bit!

But for now, it's bed time for me. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. :) Night!

We shall see about that, sir! :phu:

Okay, thanks for replying, have a good day too :happy:

lensip max
28-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Wow, the US! Where abouts in the US are you thinking of going? That would be awesome!

Oh yay, come visit us in Auckland! :awesome:California initially, and then... I'm playing it by ear. See my plan was to go to Mumbai afterwards, but it's the wrong time of year to do so.
I might have to go to Mexico instead.

But Auckland first to meet you guys :awesome:

Mama dramasOoh god. You really need to move out :s

darkshineskitty
29-01-2010, 03:37 AM
California initially, and then... I'm playing it by ear. See my plan was to go to Mumbai afterwards, but it's the wrong time of year to do so.

Ooh god. You really need to move out :s

Oh fun! Mexico would be awesome (and scary)

:LOL: "mama dramas"

Michelle
29-01-2010, 03:45 AM
YAY! We are going to Rainbows End this weekend if it's not raining!

I went yesterday! The new ride Invader is :awesome:

Unrelated, but I just noticed the last Finnish thread got through 10,000 posts in 18 days :stunned:

:erm:

It's been okay. Saw that Nine movie, it was pretty average. Not as good as I expected it to be. Then went home where Mum was annoying again of course, and then went out to friend's for drinks.

That's a shame, I was going to see Nine. I guess I still will though since not much else to do :LOL:

Sorry to hear about all the stuff you have to put up with your mum.

This is why I'm glad there is a Moa thread here which such nice people :happy:

But what about the Kareoke night? That'll cheer you up for sure! :D

California initially, and then... I'm playing it by ear. See my plan was to go to Mumbai afterwards, but it's the wrong time of year to do so.

USA and Auckland :awesome:

lensip max
29-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Oh fun! Mexico would be awesome (and scary)

:LOL: "mama dramas"I really really really want to go to Mexico... I know Texan billionaires who live there... and silver smugglers...

But beyond that - it just looks so incredible. Especially the Yucatan. And if I time my trip right I could be there for the Dia De Los Muertos. Which would just be amezzin.

Understatement, right? :p My mum gets really upset with me because I block her when she tries to touch me. And then she says things like she might as well just kill herself because she's so horrible. It's not her though - it's everyone. I just... have personal space issues which she doesn't think should apply to her because she gave me life or some such rubbish.

USA and Auckland :awesome:INORITE?

(India and Japan next year :dance:)

I was craving something sweet but we had nothing to bake with. So I invented a beetroot chai cake, with the hope it might turn out kind of like a carrot cake. It's baking now... :erm:

Michelle
29-01-2010, 04:25 AM
I was craving something sweet but we had nothing to bake with. So I invented a beetroot chai cake, with the hope it might turn out kind of like a carrot cake. It's baking now... :erm:

Interesting.. I've seen a recipe for beetroot icecream, so it should taste alright if it has enough sugar and butter in it :chuckle:

lensip max
29-01-2010, 04:29 AM
It should be okay in terms of sweetness - I used monin chai syrup and canned baby beets (we were seriously short on baking ingredients...) and both of those are pretty sweet...

I just took it out of the oven and it's looking okay. Waiting for it to cool and then I will ice it fabulously beetroot pink.

darkshineskitty
29-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Understatement, right? :p My mum gets really upset with me because I block her when she tries to touch me. And then she says things like she might as well just kill herself because she's so horrible. It's not her though - it's everyone. I just... have personal space issues which she doesn't think should apply to her because she gave me life or some such rubbish.

INORITE?
(India and Japan next year :dance:)

It wasn't even like I was OMG GET AWAY FROM ME. I just reacted how anyone does when some one steps into your personal space.
And yeah, I go by the Family Guy philosophy that I may have to love you, but that doesn't mean I have to like you :LOL:

Lucky! Travelling all over the place! A friend of mine recently went on another trip to America, he's staying with friends. Still, I wonder how he can afford the plane tickets and stuff.

Sounds delicious :LOL:

lensip max
29-01-2010, 06:07 AM
It wasn't even like I was OMG GET AWAY FROM ME. I just reacted how anyone does when some one steps into your personal space.
And yeah, I go by the Family Guy philosophy that I may have to love you, but that doesn't mean I have to like you :LOL:

Lucky! Travelling all over the place! A friend of mine recently went on another trip to America, he's staying with friends. Still, I wonder how he can afford the plane tickets and stuff.

Sounds delicious :LOL:Mothers :rolleyes:

Haha. I have 2 jobs to fund my voyaging atm. And on the way hopefully I'll actually figure out what I want to study. Going to vic because they gave me a scholarship was sensible (I guess) but I have nooo idea what to do now/where I want to do it.

It actually is! :eek: It's all moist and spicy and yum. I've totally ruined my dinner haha. I just won't cook any.

t.gypsy
29-01-2010, 06:46 AM
i see a few of us has been busy with things. grrrr my what is it with moms lately they feel the need to annoy thier kids.

I have been a bit of a granny in the past couple of days i have been knitting slippers i know some of yous might giggle but that is what i have been doing. I was going to do some baking but couldnt find the ingreds i wanted to use to bake with lol so i went for a walk and got pounced on by a run away puppy.

I will be glad to go to work tommorow.

JoBear
29-01-2010, 08:28 AM
the weekend came around quickly, gotta love 3 day weeks. made some stuffed mushrooms tonight for the first time with just a vague idea of what to do and what to use...ended up pretty nice. :happy: now i should bake a bacon and egg pie and have some icecream.

_Ed_
29-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Awesome!

TomIPT
29-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Hmmm a few too many beers have been consumed, but Them Crooked Vultures tonight :D

_Ed_
29-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Nothing wrong with copious amounts of beer!

JoBear
29-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Told my sister at christmas I wanted some german beers which she bought, but now she keeps buying them for herself. To the point the local liquor store said to her "Oh, still into the international beers, eh?"

lensip max
30-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Lol my mum went through a beer phase when she realised beer had less alcohol in it than wine.

Problem was she bought dutch and german beers so it kind of cancelled out that particular rule of thumb...

JoBear
30-01-2010, 08:05 AM
http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FJ3/JPNI/FYAJKUCF/FJ3JPNIFYAJKUCF.SMALL.jpg

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 08:06 AM
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/sweater%20vest.jpg

JoBear
30-01-2010, 08:08 AM
http://www.hippobeanbags.co.uk/images/lime_green_nile_sat_400h.jpg

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 08:10 AM
That's a sizable label.

http://rhodesandrose.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hawaii.jpg

JoBear
30-01-2010, 08:11 AM
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/ConkNTI_450x350.jpg

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 08:15 AM
http://www.underwater.com.au/content/6797/porcupinefish.jpg

JoBear
30-01-2010, 08:18 AM
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/house_trained_buffalo.jpg

phoenix foundation played a song called buffalo today

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 08:20 AM
How did they get that inside?

http://www.iskip.com/carl_and_sara_skipping.jpg

JoBear
30-01-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.stone-haven.co.uk/img/uploads/2008/11/donkey.jpg

more inside animals...donkey making housecalls?

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 08:25 AM
At an old people's home, no less. Or maybe it's coincidental elderlyness.

http://uw.physics.wisc.edu/~wonders/slinky2uv.jpg

JoBear
30-01-2010, 08:28 AM
http://www.noahsanimalfigurines.com/catalog/images/pf/MinkyBig.jpg

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I find that slightly scary.

http://images.travelpod.com/users/garth_travel/boliva-2007.1193336940.funny-shaped-cactus.jpg

JoBear
30-01-2010, 08:31 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/05/article-0-0288FC4F00000578-382_468x609.jpg

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 08:32 AM
She looks pleased! I'm not sure I would.

http://www.techdigest.tv/big-glasses.jpg

cookie
30-01-2010, 09:48 AM
you'd feel a lot better though, to have finally shat that thing out

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Haha, that's a very good point.

JoBear
30-01-2010, 10:06 AM

hey chris did you know you can listen to christchurch police comms online without the need for a scanner? such an entertaining saturday night.

cookie
30-01-2010, 10:15 AM

hey chris did you know you can listen to christchurch police comms online without the need for a scanner? such an entertaining saturday night.
no! linky please

JoBear
30-01-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=3501 i've been listening for like 3 hours :$

_Ed_
30-01-2010, 10:19 AM
And giving me the edited highlights!

JoBear
30-01-2010, 10:21 AM
all the boy racers must have scanners though as soon as comms gets a unit to go to where they are they all disappear.

_Ed_
31-01-2010, 01:15 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10623347

Must admit I thought he already was.

JoBear
31-01-2010, 01:28 AM
i had no idea who he was until the article mentioned OMC when i saw it on stuff.

TomIPT
31-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Some pics from Them Crooked Vultures last night, I'm feeling the pain though after an excessively loud concert (My left ear is still ringing) and being up to 5am drinking :stunned:

Awesome concert, although I think I'm going to invest in some decent earplugs, last night was a bit of a wakeup call.

http://tom.tserv.net.nz/tcv/DSC03149.JPG

http://tom.tserv.net.nz/tcv/DSC03172.JPG

http://tom.tserv.net.nz/tcv/DSC03176.JPG

http://tom.tserv.net.nz/tcv/DSC03273.JPG

http://tom.tserv.net.nz/tcv/DSC03297.JPG

http://tom.tserv.net.nz/tcv/DSC03305.JPG

_Ed_
31-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Nice pictures. :)

mipanda
31-01-2010, 08:19 AM
hai guise

i have stopped visiting the australian thread completely lately as it feels a bit like banging ones head against a brick wall.

whats soup here?

_Ed_
31-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Hey, good to see you!

Not much, really. :erm: How have you been?

mipanda
31-01-2010, 09:04 AM
orright. i scooted down the street to get a chicken burger and it started pouring on me. probably punishment for being lazy.

_Ed_
31-01-2010, 09:06 AM
That sucks! I got rained on on Thursday out of a clear sky. So not fair.

JoBear
31-01-2010, 09:08 AM
hai guise

i have stopped visiting the australian thread completely lately as it feels a bit like banging ones head against a brick wall.

whats soup here?
isn't it just megglen making useless comments about things she knows nothing about?

i'm listening to police comms again tonight, it's like 10-7 but without pictures.

and i baked muffins.

cookie
31-01-2010, 09:15 AM
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2008-01/chuck-norris-split-rock.jpg

This threads overdue for a chuck norris appreciation week!

jo you've got me addicted to the police now. 500 gloucester st lol

JoBear
31-01-2010, 09:19 AM
haha.

i know, you don't want to stop listening in case something exciting happens!

mipanda
31-01-2010, 09:52 AM
isn't it just megglen making useless comments about things she knows nothing about?

i'm listening to police comms again tonight, it's like 10-7 but without pictures.

and i baked muffins.

yes. and doing like, baby talk in a flirty way. or something. i don't fkn get it at all.

i wanna listen to the police radio too :$ i'm so nosy about that sort of thing. what flavour muffins?

That sucks! I got rained on on Thursday out of a clear sky. So not fair.

dude its been sunny every day and then it just starts storming in the afternoon. happened every day for the last week at least. thursday night my scooter stayed in the safe at the bank and i got a lift home :LOL:

JoBear
31-01-2010, 09:53 AM
i made double chocolate muffins. put greek yogurt in them. :awesome: they are good, thankfully as the mixture was a bit dire.

you can listen here if you want: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=3501 but it's just our local one. not much happening right now. it was going off last night though.

Ghosty Ghost
31-01-2010, 10:23 AM
The police comms made me think before, that it would suck to be a policeman named Roger. You'd think everyone on the radio was talking to you.

JoBear
31-01-2010, 10:35 AM
maybe they make you change your name. i've never talked to any cops through work called roger.

_Ed_
31-01-2010, 10:36 AM
The police comms made me think before, that it would suck to be a policeman named Roger. You'd think everyone on the radio was talking to you.
That's a very good point!

lensip max
31-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Maybe they refer to them by their surnames like in detective movies.

Like... like "O'Malley" and... "O'Brien"

All good policemen have Oirish surnames. Obviously.

Some pics from Them Crooked Vultures last nightAwesome pics! I'm most impressed with the quality.

hai guise

i have stopped visiting the australian thread completely lately as it feels a bit like banging ones head against a brick wall.Ooh dear :s

That sucks! I got rained on on Thursday out of a clear sky. So not fair.I got rained on today!

But I was on the roof of the garage on an overcast day, so it wasn't so shocking...

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2008-01/chuck-norris-split-rock.jpg:LOL:

My day was as bland yet nasty as charlie bucket's cabbage soup, unfortunately.

darkshineskitty
31-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I just spent too much time being sucked into that TV Tropes website. It's like Wikipedia, but worse! :facepalm: :LOL:
We made fudge today :happy: Probably not as good as yours though Jo- it's gone a bit hard and shatter-y

_Ed_
31-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I've never seen this website you speak of. Should I?

darkshineskitty
31-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I've never seen this website you speak of. Should I?

At your own risk:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

_Ed_
31-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Holy shit, there's my week sorted.

darkshineskitty
31-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Holy shit, there's my week sorted.

Yep, see you in 7 days!

lensip max
31-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Holy shit, there's my week sorted.For cereal. That website is awesome.

lensip max
31-01-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.salient.org.nz/features/tv-tropes-will-ruin-your-life

Michelle
31-01-2010, 11:26 PM
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2008-01/chuck-norris-split-rock.jpg

This threads overdue for a chuck norris appreciation week!

http://switchtomac.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Chuck_norris_toilet_paper2.png

_Ed_
01-02-2010, 05:34 AM
How's everyone's day been?

I had a good time with my friends today. I went to a driving range for the first time ever. Belting the crap out of golf balls feels good. :happy:

TomIPT
01-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Finally got the sleep in I needed, sleeping until midday :) Pretty lazy day really.

Also yeah I've been trying to get back into golf too recently, will probably head to the range at some point this week.

Ghosty Ghost
01-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm having a go at baking a focaccia, so far it seems to be ok... just waiting for the dough to prove.

_Ed_
01-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Sounds pretty impressive! Congratulations on doing so well so far.

JoBear
01-02-2010, 09:37 AM
my baking skills are obviously rubbing off on the boy.

_Ed_
01-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I think I can safely say we're all pretty envious of the baking skills that exist in your flat.

JoBear
01-02-2010, 09:50 AM
And on that note - I'm going to heat one of my muffins from last night. :awesome:

_Ed_
01-02-2010, 09:51 AM
:supersad:

_Ed_
01-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I just misheard something on TV, and it was really quite fucking disgusting!

The ad said "with United Travel, explore your love of Europe". Of course, that's more likely than what I thought it said. But in my defence, it really bloody sounded like urine.

darkshineskitty
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.salient.org.nz/features/tv-tropes-will-ruin-your-life

Wow, Salient actually did something right.

I was reading the page on 'Butt Monkey' just the other day! :LOL:

I just misheard something on TV, and it was really quite fucking disgusting!

The ad said "with United Travel, explore your love of Europe". Of course, that's more likely than what I thought it said. But in my defence, it really bloody sounded like urine.

lensip max
01-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow, Salient actually did something right.

I was reading the page on 'Butt Monkey' just the other day! :LOL:That would be because Uther wrote it :chuckle:

I haven't read that one yet... I undoubtedly will.

My day's soooooo boring. Just housework which is fail and which I intend to put off til about 5pm :awesome:

TomIPT
02-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Sweet, my bag of Muse goodies arrived today :D

_Ed_
02-02-2010, 06:20 AM
:awesome:

I was hoping for a quiet shift at work, but that didn't happen. We were doing a Close Up interview, and two people do those, but my workmate's computer crashed. :facepalm: I needed to be superhuman for the rest of the interview...and wasn't.

JoBear
02-02-2010, 06:22 AM
what was the interview?

_Ed_
02-02-2010, 06:32 AM
It was with a doctor, about a cancer vaccine that someone may have had an allergic reaction to and died. :(

Then there was an awkward little interview with the Southland girl who survived a shark attack. That was easy because all she said was "yep." :LOL:

JoBear
02-02-2010, 06:35 AM
my sister who was up for the day from invercargill and i were discussing about whether or not it was a shark as the waters are usually too cold for them and we both said "it's probably a seal!" as about 8 years ago the southland times kept running articles about shark attacks and then it turned out it was just a seal.

JoBear
02-02-2010, 07:22 AM
wonder what mail service the british high commission uses if it takes over a week to send visa documents and my passport from auckland to canberra. :noey:

_Ed_
02-02-2010, 07:24 AM
That's shocking!

_Ed_
02-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Now I'm about to do an episode of The Amazing Race with the title "Your Target is Your Partner's Face". :erm:

JoBear
02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
:chuckle: great title.

TomIPT
02-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Sounds like it has been an interesting day Ed :stunned:

Just a little pic of the top of my TV Cabinet now :) Just need to get frames for my posters.

http://tserv.net.nz/DSC03316_r.jpg

_Ed_
02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
That is highly awesome.

_Ed_
02-02-2010, 09:37 AM
"Ouch, I got cream in my eye." :LOL:

This is gold.

darkshineskitty
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM

:awesome: Yay packages!

Now I'm about to do an episode of The Amazing Race with the title "Your Target is Your Partner's Face". :erm:

:LOL: That sounds like an insult. "Yeah well you know what!? Your target is your partner's FACE"

Sounds like it has been an interesting day Ed :stunned:

Just a little pic of the top of my TV Cabinet now :) Just need to get frames for my posters.

Oooh that flag is awesome!
What's that between your Uprising and The Resistance cases?

TomIPT
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
it's the Pearl Jam Backspacer album, I quite like the artwork so it joins the Muse pile :LOL:

lensip max
02-02-2010, 10:15 PM

http://tserv.net.nz/DSC03316_r.jpgOh that's cooool.

My tv cabinet is nowhere near as sexy.

:LOL: That sounds like an insult. "Yeah well you know what!? Your target is your partner's FACE":LOL: I was thinking the same thing.

_Ed_
03-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Have to be immature and say the headline "girl beats off shark" made me laugh. A lot.

darkshineskitty
03-02-2010, 02:26 AM
it's the Pearl Jam Backspacer album, I quite like the artwork so it joins the Muse pile :LOL:

Oh cool, it does fit indeed. So colourful!

:LOL: I was thinking the same thing.

:LOL: Great minds. Probably because its the type of insult I would use myself.

Have to be immature and say the headline "girl beats off shark" made me laugh. A lot.

:LOL: Richard

lensip max
03-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Have to be immature and say the headline "girl beats off shark" made me laugh. A lot.:LOL:

People who don't find that funny obviously mustn't have souls.

:LOL: Great minds. Probably because its the type of insult I would use myself.:LOL: Great minds indeed.

Michelle
03-02-2010, 04:20 AM

:LOL: I wonder if I'll be bothered to watch this years season, maybe at least that episode :rolleyes:

Nice! That flag is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

Woo, I finally booked a date to sit my restricted test :awesome:

_Ed_
03-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Awesome, when's that? I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

_Ed_
03-02-2010, 04:34 AM
http://www.news.com.au/business/banker-busted-on-tv-looking-at-naked-photos/story-e6frfm1i-1225826052925

The video of it is hilarious.

Michelle
03-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Awesome, when's that? I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Thanks! I booked it for the 17th to give me a little more time for practice. Looking at cars now as I will have to start going over to Albany for uni soon. Finding something affordadble and good is always a mission though.

http://www.news.com.au/business/banker-busted-on-tv-looking-at-naked-photos/story-e6frfm1i-1225826052925

The video of it is hilarious.

Haha, when he turns to the camera and realises! :LOL::LOL:

Michelle
03-02-2010, 06:42 AM
"Sometimes when I cook, I weep"

:facepalm:

_Ed_
03-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Onions?

Michelle
03-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Yeah, in that situation it would fit. But not when using Perfect Italiano ricotta :LOL:

JoBear
03-02-2010, 07:24 AM
i hate that ad. doesn't make me want riccotta either.

Michelle
03-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I haven't really come across any good recipes that use it. But good parmesan, yes!

lensip max
03-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Parmesan is delicious.

And also low in lactose (unlike say, cream cheese or cottage cheese, which I love but can't eat :'()

Yay.

_Ed_
03-02-2010, 01:03 PM
http://www.wishlist.nu/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/wheel.jpg
I assume the fact that this has 'surf' in its name suggests it's intended for use in the sea. I don't think that chap is appropriately attired.

darkshineskitty
03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.wishlist.nu/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/wheel.jpg
I assume the fact that this has 'surf' in its name suggests it's intended for use in the sea. I don't think that chap is appropriately attired.

Richard you will love this:
http://www.cracked.com/article/18359_6-transportation-innovations-more-baffling-than-segway_p1

Number one is probably your style, but number 5 made me laugh the most. The video is hilarious.

_Ed_
03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Oh, this looks brilliant.

I'll take my time to read through and properly enjoy it, but first...
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/article/2/7/3/16273.jpg?v=1
This person's wearing a fucking cape!

_Ed_
03-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Oh, wait, it's meant to be a vampire. I won't lie to you, I'm a bit disappointed. Thought it was an otherwise normal person who just happened to be wearing a fucking cape, but no. :(

But apart from that, you're right, I did love that! Thanks for posting it. :)

Michelle
03-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Oh, this looks brilliant.

I'll take my time to read through and properly enjoy it, but first...
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/article/2/7/3/16273.jpg?v=1
This person's wearing a fucking cape!

I'm going to the zoo today! :happy:

_Ed_
03-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Awesome. I hope you have a great day!

_Ed_
04-02-2010, 04:40 AM
When using the word wee, as in small, in conversation, never pause for thought immediately after it.

"I've had a wee...." :erm:

That's my outstanding contribution to the thread for this afternoon.

_Ed_
04-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Comedy highlight of the day - John Key attempting to pronounce tino rangatiratanga. :LOL:

And yes, even though I too a guy with 0% Maori in me, I can laugh at his epic failure! Because - you may not be aware of this - I came top of the class in third form Maori, with 94% in the speaking test. :happy:

Not that I'm one to talk myself up or anything. Don't remember it too well now, to tell you the truth.

Michelle
04-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Awesome. I hope you have a great day!

I did indeed, thanks. The kiwi in the native encounter was very dozy and stuck around to eat all it's corn, so my friend was happy to see a kiwi up close at last :happy: Even the nocturnal house kiwi were quite active up the front of the glass.

When using the word wee, as in small, in conversation, never pause for thought immediately after it.

"I've had a wee...." :erm:

That's my outstanding contribution to the thread for this afternoon.

Makes sense.

Comedy highlight of the day - John Key attempting to pronounce tino rangatiratanga. :LOL:

And yes, even though I too a guy with 0% Maori in me, I can laugh at his epic failure! Because - you may not be aware of this - I came top of the class in third form Maori, with 94% in the speaking test. :happy:

Not that I'm one to talk myself up or anything. Don't remember it too well now, to tell you the truth.

Don't worry, I don't remeber much Maori from school either.

_Ed_
04-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I did indeed, thanks. The kiwi in the native encounter was very dozy and stuck around to eat all it's corn, so my friend was happy to see a kiwi up close at last :happy: Even the nocturnal house kiwi were quite active up the front of the glass.
That's great! I've still never seen one, so I might have to make a few trips to the zoo soon.

lensip max
04-02-2010, 11:35 PM

Not that I'm one to talk myself up or anything. Don't remember it too well now, to tell you the truth.Oh, I am so proud of you :LOL:

_Ed_
05-02-2010, 04:53 AM
:happy: Thank you.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2gwti4i.jpg

JoBear
05-02-2010, 05:58 AM
that's really flashing! stupid hotlinks.

t.gypsy
05-02-2010, 08:55 AM
hey how are we all in here and that flashing i was watching it and now i see the afterblinks in the back of my eyes.

call me silly for even watching it.

_Ed_
05-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry about that! Should be fixed now.

Hope everyone's having a good night. :) Yay, weekend.

lensip max
05-02-2010, 11:18 AM
See, I thought the NO HOTLINKING :fear: thing was what was meant to be :chuckle:-ey

Argh I have just been informed that my brother is showing up 2m at 9am so I need to clean the kitchen now.

I feel a bit like Cinderella.

I srsly need to move...

_Ed_
05-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Fairly late notice! Just a spur of the moment decision to pop in, or was he slack in letting you know?

darkshineskitty
05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I srsly need to move...

Me too. I wonder what it would be like if all the Moas lived together? :LOL: Probably chaos.

_Ed_
05-02-2010, 11:43 AM
The Boardy Bunch.

lensip max
05-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Fairly late notice! Just a spur of the moment decision to pop in, or was he slack in letting you know?Nah, mum just waited til now to storm into my room dramatically and say "I HOPE YOU KNOW STEF AND HIS FRIENDS WILL BE HERE TOMORROW MORNING"

Because she's all mad with me for being too ill to do housework the other day :rolleyes:
I couldna mooove though.

Me too. I wonder what it would be like if all the Moas lived together? :LOL: Probably chaos.The good kind though :awesome:

The Boardy Bunch.:LOL: Win.

_Ed_
05-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Because she's all mad with me for being too ill to do housework the other day :rolleyes:
I couldna mooove though.
:stunned:
Sounds like a perfectly good excuse to me, and no reason for anyone to be mad at you!

How are you feeling now?

lensip max
05-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Better.

And yeah, it's a perfectly good reason, but my mum is something of a drama queen. And things kind of need to be about her always, so the fact that she drove to Wellington that day and then had to do the dishes when she got home is meant to outweigh the fact that I was curled up and couldn't move for a couple of days.

Obviously :p

_Ed_
05-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Well, of course. Don't know how I didn't understand that the first time.

lensip max
05-02-2010, 12:14 PM
You must be tired or something. It's quite blindingly apparent, really.

darkshineskitty
05-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Better.

And yeah, it's a perfectly good reason, but my mum is something of a drama queen. And things kind of need to be about her always, so the fact that she drove to Wellington that day and then had to do the dishes when she got home is meant to outweigh the fact that I was curled up and couldn't move for a couple of days.

Obviously :p

I usually point-blank refuse to do housework on days like that. Usually I'll be like 'awwww' and mum will be like 'I do everything! it won't take long!' and finally I cave, but on those occasions she'll be like 'you've got to do a bit of a clean-up job in the kitchen' (her phrase for 'do the dishes') and I'll just go 'nah' and go upstairs.

lensip max
05-02-2010, 12:29 PM
My mum isn't a very self-reliant person. When I left for uni last year she hadn't lived alone in 30 years.She kind of can't do normal things like cook or clean. She can't use the dishwasher properly, or the tv that we've had since 2003 (I'd get calls during my lectures asking how to turn it on because "it wasn't working" - she'd forget to turn it on at the box and try to turn it on with the remote and freak out when it didn't flicker into shortland street)

Don't get me wrong, she's like, insanely super brainy. But the logic of ordinary life escapes her, so she tends to think she's amazing if she does for one day what I usually do every day because it's sensible to do so, rather than because I think I'm some kind of a domestic goddess.

I will be hearing about the dishes she washed on Tuesday for the next year.

darkshineskitty
05-02-2010, 12:34 PM
My mum isn't a very self-reliant person. When I left for uni last year she hadn't lived alone in 30 years.She kind of can't do normal things like cook or clean. She can't use the dishwasher properly, or the tv that we've had since 2003 (I'd get calls during my lectures asking how to turn it on because "it wasn't working" - she'd forget to turn it on at the box and try to turn it on with the remote and freak out when it didn't flicker into shortland street)

Don't get me wrong, she's like, insanely super brainy. But the logic of ordinary life escapes her, so she tends to think she's amazing if she does for one day what I usually do every day because it's sensible to do so, rather than because I think I'm some kind of a domestic goddess.

I will be hearing about the dishes she washed on Tuesday for the next year.

My mum also fails a bit at technology. She can't get the Sky remote to work half the time, and never ever uses her phone except to text me to pick up stuff :rolleyes: And she worked at Vodafone!

_Ed_
05-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Sounds like you've both got mothers who can be rather intolerable. :(

I'd better try to get some sleep now - have to be up at 9. Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday. Night!

Ghosty Ghost
05-02-2010, 11:29 PM
So after my first attempt at baking a focaccia the other day was a bit of a fail, I'm glad to say I learnt from my mistakes and made a pretty awesome one for the international lunch at work yesterday. Gratifying.

JoBear
05-02-2010, 11:48 PM
i can indeed testify that the bread was good.

i bought a big bunch of thai basil to make pesto. :happy:

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 05:56 AM
So after my first attempt at baking a focaccia the other day was a bit of a fail, I'm glad to say I learnt from my mistakes and made a pretty awesome one for the international lunch at work yesterday. Gratifying.
Well done! That's excellent to hear.

JoBear
06-02-2010, 06:25 AM
the pesto is good too :happy:

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 06:29 AM
:awesome:

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 09:58 AM
I saw a guy in short shorts, long socks and a cowboy hat today. :noey:

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 10:19 AM
What the heck are lock socks?

My mum made Russian fudge today, and its a really good consistency. Smooth and fine.

I went over to my friend's and we spend ages just laughing at silly things on the internet and then did two of those Codefinders you get in the newspaper and magazines. It started off with her being like 'how do you even do these?' and I explained, and then I was like 'see, what would this word be?' and then we just started doing it and kept going till we were done :LOL: It was so addictive. I was only supposed to say for a while so she could study, but ended up saying until evening :awesome:

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 10:20 AM
How did I manage that? Meant long socks. :facepalm:

Sounds like a fun day! Mmm fudge.

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 10:22 AM
God, this covers thing on C4 is awful.

The only way it can redeem itself is with this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZMraAGlpwc :awesome:

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 10:25 AM
God, this covers thing on C4 is awful.

The only way it can redeem itself is with this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZMraAGlpwc :awesome:

Oh you like Nightwish? I have a friend who likes them

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I used to be really into them. Gone off most of their songs, but still love that cover.

Ooh, Just. That's a big improvement. I don't much like the cover, but at least they'll play the original next.

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I used to be really into them. Gone off most of their songs, but still love that cover.

Ooh, Just. That's a big improvement. I don't much like the cover, but at least they'll play the original next.

There are rats in the ceiling.

/off topic

JoBear
06-02-2010, 10:38 AM
There are rats in the ceiling.

/off topic
i want to make some boring comment like "insurance doesn't cover damage by pests" although on cars we don't have that exclusion and a bunch of rats ate through an engine loom and cost us like $8000. apparently they love antifreeze.

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 10:39 AM
That's not boring! I actually found that genuinely interesting.

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
i want to make some boring comment like "insurance doesn't cover damage by pests" although on cars we don't have that exclusion and a bunch of rats ate through an engine loom and cost us like $8000. apparently they love antifreeze.

Ew, isn't anti-freeze poisonous?
I wish they would GTFO and go to another house though.

JoBear
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
yup so when they get to it, they then die. stupid things.

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
yup so when they get to it, they then die. stupid things.

Oh that is stupid.

darkshineskitty
06-02-2010, 11:08 AM
How hard is it to find a decent Indiana Jones hat or Doctor Who costume in this country!?

Gosh.

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 11:10 AM
For random, inexplicable everyday use? Or are you going to disappoint me and say there's a specific party purpose?

JoBear
06-02-2010, 11:11 AM
got a spare $130?

http://www.iwantthat.co.nz/product_info.php?products_id=393

_Ed_
06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
With a brass logo pin, no less.

Absolutely crucial.