PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Musers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Michelle
18-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Oh, and their show at Big Day Out the next day was amazing too for those who didn't see it :happy:

That's awesome you got to meet them! Glad they put on a good show, but it ticks me off again that they clashed with Kasabian. Ah well, nevermind. Kasabian were awesome too :happy:

And Gunner, you've grown so much since 07! (was your first name Matt? can't quite remember :$) Looks like an awesome show in the cave.

+1!

6 hours without a toilet break, did you have anything to drink?

I went about 8 and 1/2 hours til I went to the toilet at Deshlers :LOL: And I was drinking. Wasn't really worth it in the end (apart from seeing Muse up close for a few minutes), but meh, had to try to get to the barrier.

gunnerthekiwi
18-01-2010, 08:15 AM
And Gunner, you've grown so much since 07! (was your first name Matt? can't quite remember :$) Looks like an awesome show in the cave.

Yeah that's my name. And have I really? I am about half a foot taller now I suppose haha.

And yes, that gig was probably the best I've been to, apart from the first Muse one which was pretty much a turning point in my life.
More pics.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs125.snc3/17279_248880267748_526937748_3300462_3279579_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs125.snc3/17279_248880272748_526937748_3300463_634514_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs145.snc3/17279_248880297748_526937748_3300467_5105279_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs145.snc3/17279_248880342748_526937748_3300472_7293337_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs145.snc3/17279_248906382748_526937748_3300647_3594778_n.jpg

TomIPT
18-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Has anyone seen the ad for NZ MasterChef? The music sounds like a Supermassive Black Hole rip-off :LOL:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Has anyone seen the ad for NZ MasterChef? The music sounds like a Supermassive Black Hole rip-off :LOL:
Haha, I'll have to look out for it.

TomIPT
18-01-2010, 08:19 AM
It has been played over the last few ad breaks on TV1, I'm not really paying attention to it then I hear what sounds like muse so spin around :p

Michelle
18-01-2010, 08:24 AM

Bloody hell, all I see in the channel listings is for different versions of Master Chef :facepalm: But I'll look out to check the SMBH rip-off too.

JoBear
18-01-2010, 08:26 AM
yeah it so is! stupid tvnz doing an australian version instead of the far superior uk version.

Ghosty Ghost
18-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Yeah that's my name. And have I really? I am about half a foot taller now I suppose haha.

And yes, that gig was probably the best I've been to, apart from the first Muse one which was pretty much a turning point in my life.
More pics.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs125.snc3/17279_248880267748_526937748_3300462_3279579_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs125.snc3/17279_248880272748_526937748_3300463_634514_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs145.snc3/17279_248880297748_526937748_3300467_5105279_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs145.snc3/17279_248880342748_526937748_3300472_7293337_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs145.snc3/17279_248906382748_526937748_3300647_3594778_n.jpg

Oh rad, didn't know Michael Logie was back playing with the Mint Chicks.

And yeah I noticed that about the Masterchef ad too.

kinopus
18-01-2010, 09:16 AM
la la la evening all, more videos are up now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wpsHb0kSd8
Nishe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z74a94KMxI
New Born - Warning, contains lazers :LOL:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 09:19 AM
:awesome:

TomIPT
18-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Nice videos, and of course I record the audio from like the last 5 ad breaks and they don't play the ad :mad:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 09:27 AM
:LOL:
Of course.

Tacticalkat
18-01-2010, 09:46 AM
While I was at the Big Day Out, I was two people from the barrier in front of Matt, I kept wondering if there were any of you lot near to me :LOL: don't know why, I wouldn't have recognised any of you if you slapped me in the face :chuckle:

I was doing the same, trying to somehow recognise the people from the board that I haven't met, ahhaha.

I missed most of Kasabian (:supersad:) and got 'dinner', then stayed in my same spot from 4:30 until the end of Muse. I'm fucking glad I did too, I had AMAZING views from where I was. Powderfinger were awesome, and Lily Allen was just MIND-BLOWING. I didn't think she'd be so good :eek:!

I have never really heard any of her stuff before, just knew she was a bit of a tramp from the trashy magazines at work, but I completely fell in love with her. She was amazing.

Yeah, she was fantastic. I went in there while Dizzee Rascal was on and never got closer than halfway back.

Haha, 'dinner'. Did you just have chips too?

I had fish and chips! A complete balanced meal! :)

Nice videos, and of course I record the audio from like the last 5 ad breaks and they don't play the ad :mad:

Hahha, oh fuck, that's gold!

Super Sammy!
18-01-2010, 10:01 AM
6 hours without a toilet break, did you have anything to drink?

Yep, I cleared about two bottles of water, as well as all the cups I got handed :chuckle: I managed though :p

New Born - Warning, contains lazers :LOL:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs161.snc3/18833_107253212619381_100000041073352_190015_43816 94_n.jpg

I was doing the same, trying to somehow recognise the people from the board that I haven't met, ahhaha.

I'm pretty sure I was pissing off people around me by yelling out what the next song they were going to play was :facepalm:

If anyone heard a guy who yelled, "OH MY GOD, FORCED IN," when in fact they were playing Nishe, you heard me :LOL::facepalm: fail on my behalf :noey:

Tacticalkat
18-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Yep, I cleared about two bottles of water, as well as all the cups I got handed :chuckle: I managed though :p

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs161.snc3/18833_107253212619381_100000041073352_190015_43816 94_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure I was pissing off people around me by yelling out what the next song they were going to play was :facepalm:

If anyone heard a guy who yelled, "OH MY GOD, FORCED IN," when in fact they were playing Nishe, you heard me :LOL::facepalm: fail on my behalf :noey:

OH MY GOD YOU DRANK FROM THE CUPS???? Dude, how could you drink from the cups? :vomit:

Hahhaha, I was doing the 'guess the song then freak out and clutch hand to mouth'

Super Sammy!
18-01-2010, 10:07 AM
OH MY GOD YOU DRANK FROM THE CUPS???? Dude, how could you drink from the cups? :vomit:

Hahhaha, I was doing the 'guess the song then freak out and clutch hand to mouth'

I'm an asthmatic, and the only way that I could've lived there was to keep rehydrating myself, or I would've choked, so I had no choice :noey:
I also got a "cheers, you're awesome, bro!" from some guy I gave my half-drinken cup to :awesome:

I was relatively happy with the people around me to be fair, they all knew the songs (and seemed to not mind me crushing their feet :LOL:), bar the arsehole who was yelling at Chris to shut the fuck up and play during Man With A Harmonica :noey:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 10:08 AM
bar the arsehole who was yelling at Chris to shut the fuck up and play during Man With A Harmonica :noey:
:noey:
Everyone around me seemed pretty impressed with his awesome harmonica skills. I know I was.

Tacticalkat
18-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm an asthmatic, and the only way that I could've lived there was to keep rehydrating myself, or I would've choked, so I had no choice :noey:
I also got a "cheers, you're awesome, bro!" from some guy I gave my half-drinken cup to :awesome:

I was relatively happy with the people around me to be fair, they all knew the songs (and seemed to not mind me crushing their feet :LOL:), bar the arsehole who was yelling at Chris to shut the fuck up and play during Man With A Harmonica :noey:

That's why you take a water bottle! Ugh I was just horrified by those cups! Such a good crowd that night though too, everyone was so freindly!

Super Sammy!
18-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Everyone around me seemed pretty impressed with his awesome harmonica skills. I know I was.

I would've enjoyed it more if I could hear it, but it was ace! I had the guy yelling at him to shut up, then I had two people recognise that I was quite the Muse fan and asked what song this was. As well as that, being so close up, I realised you don't hear much more than singing/yelling from the crowd during songs :LOL:

That's why you take a water bottle! Ugh I was just horrified by those cups! Such a good crowd that night though too, everyone was so freindly!

I did, but I had my camera in one hand, and I wasn't having my water bottle in the other :chuckle: I didn't really need much water, I just started choking during USoE, that's all :p
I liked the crowd, are most Muse moshpits like that too? If so, it's better and less aggressive than I thought :awesome: BDO was my first concert ever, you see :yesey:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah, the Muse crowds I've been in have been great. There's always lots of pushing before they start, but they always seem to settle down and just get into the music as soon as the band come on stage.

Super Sammy!
18-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Yeah, the Muse crowds I've been in have been great. There's always lots of pushing before they start, but they always seem to settle down and just get into the music as soon as the band come on stage.

I hated the crowd pushing, I had skinny 5'7"-ish girls to the left and right to me, and I leant on them repeatedly for support, and I'm a solid 6'2" guy :noey: poor girls :chuckle:

You're right though, the pushing did stop once Muse came on. I just kept getting pushed forward, but that was fine, the people behind me were small :awesome:

Tacticalkat
18-01-2010, 10:20 AM
[

This pleases me! Because at the start I was freaked out that I was going to get crushed!

I hated the crowd pushing, I had skinny 5'7"-ish girls to the left and right to me, and I leant on them repeatedly for support, and I'm a solid 6'2" guy :noey: poor girls :chuckle:

You're right though, the pushing did stop once Muse came on. I just kept getting pushed forward, but that was fine, the people behind me were small :awesome:

Hhaha, I was one of the short ones clawing my way up the tall people on either side of me so I could see!

Super Sammy!
18-01-2010, 10:22 AM
This pleases me! Because at the start I was freaked out that I was going to get crushed!

Hhaha, I was one of the short ones clawing my way up the tall people on either side of me so I could see!

I was waiting for someone to fall over, because when one fell, it was going to just be a domino effect from there... Luckily it never happened :chuckle:

Where abouts were you? :ninja:

Tacticalkat
18-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I was waiting for someone to fall over, because when one fell, it was going to just be a domino effect from there... Luckily it never happened :chuckle:

Where abouts were you? :ninja:

Oh yeah I thought that was going to happen and I would get trampled. I was about five rows from the front almost directly in front of Chris. And every bugger in front of me was over 6 ft.

Bah!

Super Sammy!
18-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah I thought that was going to happen and I would get trampled. I was about five rows from the front almost directly in front of Chris. And every bugger in front of me was over 6 ft.

Bah!

I gotta admit, everyone did seem ridiculously tall... :erm: I could see, but many heads got in the way :LOL:

Oh, you were on the complete opposite side to me :chuckle: I was two people from the barrier in front of Matt, and was there from Powderfinger until the end of Muse. At least you could see the big screen, I was slightly annoyed I couldn't :noey:

Tacticalkat
18-01-2010, 10:27 AM
I gotta admit, everyone did seem ridiculously tall... :erm: I could see, but many heads got in the way :LOL:

Oh, you were on the complete opposite side to me :chuckle: I was two people from the barrier in front of Matt, and was there from Powderfinger until the end of Muse. At least you could see the big screen, I was slightly annoyed I couldn't :noey:

I didn't really look at the screen at all, I was focussed on the boys!!
And I was pissed off that I stood on the wrong side, I just didn't think about it until it was too late.

Goddamn that was the best gig.

Super Sammy!
18-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I didn't really look at the screen at all, I was focussed on the boys!!
And I was pissed off that I stood on the wrong side, I just didn't think about it until it was too late.

Goddamn that was the best gig.

It was absolutely immense, I'm glad I had such a good first gig experience :happy: I thought the moshpit would be too much for me because I'm claustrophobic, but that didn't bother me the whole day! :happy:

I didn't realise until they were setting up the stage for Muse that I was DIRECTLY in front of Matt, and that I realised that I couldn't see The Mars Volta at all :( then again, I was paying more attention to the people setting up Muse's stage anyway :chuckle:

Tacticalkat
18-01-2010, 10:32 AM
It was absolutely immense, I'm glad I had such a good first gig experience :happy: I thought the moshpit would be too much for me because I'm claustrophobic, but that didn't bother me the whole day! :happy:

I didn't realise until they were setting up the stage for Muse that I was DIRECTLY in front of Matt, and that I realised that I couldn't see The Mars Volta at all :( then again, I was paying more attention to the people setting up Muse's stage anyway :chuckle:

I wanted to be in front of Matt, but never mind, next time! :)

I should go to bed.

Awesome that it was such a cool gig for your first one! It was my first Muse gig. :)

Super Sammy!
18-01-2010, 10:35 AM
I wanted to be in front of Matt, but never mind, next time! :)

I should go to bed.

Awesome that it was such a cool gig for your first one! It was my first Muse gig. :)

And I wanted to be in front of Chris! :chuckle:
Thanks :happy: and yay for first Muse gigs :awesome:! I remember I missed the Muse gigs by a few days when they came here in 2007 :supersad:

I should go to bed too, I serve no purpose being awake :chuckle: farewell! :happy:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I remember I missed the Muse gigs by a few days when they came here in 2007 :supersad:
Gutted!

kinopus
18-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I serve no purpose being awake :chuckle: farewell! :happy:

lol that made me laugh :)

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Haha, Gold Coast got Feeling Good instead of New Born.

I actually quite like Feeling Good but I can imagine the outrage when people found out the had it instead of New Born :chuckle: I wonder if they used the lasers on another song then?
Edit: Also, its pretty crazy when you think about it that Feeling Good is a cover, but they've played it quite a lot over the years!

Really liked Muse at Big Day Out, although it wasn't as magical as the first time I saw them. Pretty predictable setlist also.

Had a really good time meeting and seeing The Horrors though, who were the band I was most looking forward to. I saw them leaving Real Groovy and discretely followed them back to their hotel (yay for stalking) and jumped into a lift with Faris, the frontman. [/IMG]

Then we saw The Horrors there and chatted for about an hour. Nice guys. Excuse the, ahem, rather interesting photos. Put it down to a mixture of vodka and second-hand high.
Oh, and their show at Big Day Out the next day was amazing too for those who didn't see it :happy:

They played barely anything from Showbiz, and were quite safe with the selection from The Resistance. Unnatural Selection was immense though!

:LOL: were you in the lift like '... oh hey, aren't you that guy from that band? The uh... Horrors or something?', trying to be all casual?

While I was at the Big Day Out, I was two people from the barrier in front of Matt, I kept wondering if there were any of you lot near to me :LOL: don't know why, I wouldn't have recognised any of you if you slapped me in the face :chuckle:

I kept looking around for Michelle in her Moa t-shirt, and at one point I saw a guy I thought for some reason might be Richard, but it wasn't. And yes, he was ginger :facepalm: :LOL: For some reason I keep thinking you're ginger Rich!

Me too! During it I shouted 'go Chris!' :LOL: I was so impressed.

Speaking of good positions to stand in during the gig, did you guys go to the 2007 Muse gig? I thought the venue for that was absolutely ace. Not too big that you couldn't see anything, and very comfortable for standing in the stands. I was in the stands and they were so close to the stage! Excellent choice of venue :yesey:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah I went in 2007. I wasn't quite as impressed...I was right up near the stage and it was insanely hot. A few people fainted! And Dom at the end said "you guys are wicked in this hot-ass place." :LOL: I guess it's to be expected when you're so tightly crammed in though.

I kept looking around for Michelle in her Moa t-shirt, and at one point I saw a guy I thought for some reason might be Richard, but it wasn't. And yes, he was ginger :facepalm: :LOL: For some reason I keep thinking you're ginger Rich!
:noey: :LOL:

Unnatural Selection was immense though!
God, I know. I'm not a huge fan of the studio version, but it was phenomenal.

TomIPT
18-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I think I have found my sister and myself in a pic her partner took from the stands, he wasn't a huge Muse fan so buggered off to the bar with his mates while I made sure my sister got a decent spot for her first live Muse experience.

I've pointed an arrow at what I'm pretty sure is me :LOL: I think we moved a tiny bit closer after the pic was taken at 8:26pm

Full size image here if you want to have a look for yourself
http://tom.tserv.net.nz/bdo/BDO2010_046.JPG

http://tom.tserv.net.nz/bdo/BDOCrowd.jpg

TomIPT
18-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I actually quite like Feeling Good but I can imagine the outrage when people found out the had it instead of New Born :chuckle: I wonder if they used the lasers on another song then?

They got lasers for Undisclosed Desires I think.

Just looking over the comments of my videos, seems that a lot of people enjoyed them and someone posted a comment claiming to be the person who got Chris's harmonica, lucky bastard :eek: or they are just talking shit.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah I went in 2007. I wasn't quite as impressed...I was right up near the stage and it was insanely hot. A few people fainted! And Dom at the end said "you guys are wicked in this hot-ass place." :LOL: I guess it's to be expected when you're so tightly crammed in though.

I was in the stands so I guess it wasn't so bad for us. I think I do remember it being very hot though.

someone posted a comment claiming to be the person who got Chris's harmonica, lucky bastard :eek: or they are just talking shit.

:eek: clone your own Chris!

was I the only one who thought that? :$

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 11:29 AM

And lasers for Undisclosed Desires? Interesting.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Even if I hadn't heard this in (500) Days of Summer, I would still have decided that this is one of the best walking-down-the-street songs ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_I4wtNPv5w

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah, that's a fabulous song. Previously a guilty pleasure...now a bit less guilty!

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that's a fabulous song. Previously a guilty pleasure...now a bit less guilty!

Omg and I just found one of the best videos ever related to it. A minor bit spoilery for (500) Days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN--IdVrfcA

Seriously cute.

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Ooh, you've put me in a bit of a pickle. I want to see that, but I don't want spoilery.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Ooh, you've put me in a bit of a pickle. I want to see that, but I don't want spoilery.

Well it doesn't spoil any of the plot or anything, just one of the surprise bits of the movie. It won't ruin the film for you but will just take away the surprise of a certain section. You can probably already tell the nature of the section from the freeze frame on the proposal vid :LOL:
Edit: And the video title, which I totally did not notice before.

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Haha, true. I'll watch it then.

Holy shit, that's awesome.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Haha, true. I'll watch it then.

Holy shit, that's awesome.

Isn't it? :awesome:
The dance routine is so perfectly matching too. Aw its so sweet!

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, amazing.

How nervous would he have been walking in there with her?

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, amazing.

How nervous would he have been walking in there with her?

I know eh. It would be really full of anticipation. Especially because not only do you have to get the dance right with limited practice, but then you have to worry about her actually saying yes as well :LOL: They did such a great job though. Even the high fives he gets at the start from people is copied from the movie.

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Amazing. Really really cool.

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Amazing. Really really cool.

How's your day been?

Pretty good thanks :happy: Didn't do much, just watched the Golden Globes. How about you?

I wish I could draw well. I just had a great idea for an animation to go with Exogenesis but alas I can't draw let alone animate.

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I watched that too. I was happy that Glee and Robert Downey Jr. won! And I loved Ricky Gervais introducing Mel Gibson by saying "I like a drink as much as the next guy...unless the next guy's Mel Gibson." :LOL:

My day's been not so great - it turns out I can't do a Masters thesis without having done a dissertation as part of a Postgrad Diploma. So I have to do a dissertation in first semester and then start my Masters in July. It really wouldn't have been hard to tell me that last year.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I watched that too. I was happy that Glee and Robert Downey Jr. won! And I loved Ricky Gervais introducing Mel Gibson by saying "I like a drink as much as the next guy...unless the next guy's Mel Gibson." :LOL:

My day's been not so great - it turns out I can't do a Masters thesis without having done a dissertation as part of a Postgrad Diploma. So I have to do a dissertation in first semester and then start my Masters in July. It really wouldn't have been hard to tell me that last year.

Can you explain your animation idea? I'd love to hear what it's like.

I wanted Joseph Gordon-Levitt to win instead of Robert Downey Jr. But Ricky Gervais was a great host, and that joke was one of the best :LOL:

Oh that sucks. I hate it when things like that happen!

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah, he was really good.

So what was your great animation idea? If you can easily explain it.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah, he was really good.

So what was your great animation idea? If you can easily explain it.

Okay its going to sound lame now :LOL: But I was thinking something along the lines of a polluted and war-torn Earth in the future, sending out a robot or something as their last hope to find a new home. The robot finds a beautiful planet and heads back to tell the people who sent it, but then when it gets back it realises that the people are the ones who ruined Earth and made it all shit, so it flies into the sun instead of telling them where the new planet is. So the people are left staring up at the sky waiting for the robot to return, but it never will.

Basically it came out of the idea that I find the last part of Exogenesis to be really beautiful if you think of it in a sad way, despite the fact that it's called Redemption :p I always imagine people singing it during Judgement Day or something :LOL: Maybe I'm weird.

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 12:39 PM
No, that sounds really fantastic.

And I feel the same way about Redemption.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:42 PM
No, that sounds really fantastic.

And I feel the same way about Redemption.

I think it's the part that goes 'And we'll be good, this time we'll get it- get it right...'
Or rather, 'get it riiiiiiiiiiiiiight' :LOL:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I think there's definitely some regret and sadness in it.

Overture, on the other hand, I don't really understand. But it sounds so beautiful.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I think there's definitely some regret and sadness in it.

Overture, on the other hand, I don't really understand. But it sounds so beautiful.

Overtune kind of makes me think of people first starting to question the meaning of life, with the whole 'who are we, where are we?' stuff. The whole thing kinda screams of religious allegory actually :LOL:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I could see that.

Bit of a shame they didn't play it on Friday. Hopefully they will if/when they return later in the year.

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I could see that.

Bit of a shame they didn't play it on Friday. Hopefully they will if/when they return later in the year.

I'd love to hear the entire thing of Exogenesis but I think they'll only ever play parts of it.

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I hope you're wrong about that, but I don't think you will be. :(

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I hope you're wrong about that, but I don't think you will be. :(

I know, I just don't think the audience would have the patience for that. It's a shame, because Exogenesis is lovely. Maybe they might play the separate sections and you could take the recording and edit it together :LOL:

_Ed_
18-01-2010, 12:58 PM
That's a good idea!

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Night!

darkshineskitty
18-01-2010, 12:59 PM
That's a good idea!

Anyway I'm off to bed now. Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Night!

You too :happy: Night!

t.gypsy
18-01-2010, 06:48 PM
morning people the first post of the day. I dont have to be at course until 10.30.. i am just curious about the day today will bring me. I just would need to hope that i have word about studylink and that they have fixed up the problem otherwise i will have to tell them i cant continue and ring my work place up and tell them to put me back on full time. That to me will defeat my purpose of staying signed into the course in the first place when i could of just dont lvl3 why didnt i have a crystal ball then.

And in that sea of people pic i would of been somewhere in the middle and i was that squashed that i asked to be pulled out i would of stayed but by the time muse came out i had enough of being squashed and wanted to breathe freely lol.

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Vodafone woke me with a text early this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. Not impressed.

TomIPT
19-01-2010, 01:11 AM
I had a Vodafone salesman turn up at the door at 8pm on Sunday, I politely said "I'm not Interested" he responded with "How do you know you are not interested, I haven't told you what I'm here for" I responded by saying "I don't care" followed by closing the door :LOL:

It's bad enough them showing up during the day, but a Sunday evening is a bit extreme :rolleyes:

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Awesomely done! Yeah, Sunday morning is shocking.

gunnerthekiwi
19-01-2010, 02:12 AM
:LOL: were you in the lift like '... oh hey, aren't you that guy from that band? The uh... Horrors or something?', trying to be all casual?

No, it wasn't quite that casual :LOL:. The lift door was about to close so I ran and stuck my foot in the door. Then I said "fancy seeing you here." I must have looked like a twat but he just laughed so it was all good :happy:

Michelle
19-01-2010, 03:38 AM
I liked the crowd, are most Muse moshpits like that too? If so, it's better and less aggressive than I thought :awesome: BDO was my first concert ever, you see :yesey:

I don't think the moshpits are quite as bad at their own gigs. A lot more people get pulled out at BDO, which is one of the reasons I moved because I couldn't see while people were being lifted out :rolleyes:

A few guys fell over while I was moving back, luckily I kept my balance but that may be where I got the bruises on my ankle.

I think I have found my sister and myself in a pic her partner took from the stands, he wasn't a huge Muse fan so buggered off to the bar with his mates while I made sure my sister got a decent spot for her first live Muse experience.

I've pointed an arrow at what I'm pretty sure is me :LOL: I think we moved a tiny bit closer after the pic was taken at 8:26pm

Full size image here if you want to have a look for yourself
http://tom.tserv.net.nz/bdo/BDO2010_046.JPG

I think I can just see the back of my head, pointed out by an arrow too :LOL:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/BDOcrowd.jpg?t=1263872007

In the photo below I was behind the blonde chick who looks like she is in pain :LOL:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/95798825.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5A72E5654F5B3C22E A5462D355BCF530596F748D0D733C7AF

That's a bummer about them not telling you. Do you think you could have fit that in your schedule to complete if you had known anyway?

I had a Vodafone salesman turn up at the door at 8pm on Sunday, I politely said "I'm not Interested" he responded with "How do you know you are not interested, I haven't told you what I'm here for" I responded by saying "I don't care" followed by closing the door :LOL:

It's bad enough them showing up during the day, but a Sunday evening is a bit extreme :rolleyes:

No, it wasn't quite that casual :LOL:. The lift door was about to close so I ran and stuck my foot in the door. Then I said "fancy seeing you here." I must have looked like a twat but he just laughed so it was all good :happy:

Aww :LOL:

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 03:44 AM
That's a bummer about them not telling you. Do you think you could have fit that in your schedule to complete if you had known anyway?
Yeah, I could have. I was told I had a choice between doing a dissertation and doing two extra classes. Thinking they were the same, I chose the classes. :facepalm:

Just a bit frustrating.

How's your day been?

Michelle
19-01-2010, 03:51 AM
Yeah, I could have. I was told I had a choice between doing a dissertation and doing two extra classes. Thinking they were the same, I chose the classes. :facepalm:

Just a bit frustrating.

How's your day been?

Yeah that's a pain. Oh well, hopefully the two extra classes have been or will provide future use.

My day has been alright thanks. Just the usual Tuesday of visiting my gran and grocery shopping then had a couple ice cream orders to make :LOL:

Yourself?

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Yeah, pretty good thanks. :) Lazy! Stayed in bed most of the morning, then had a swim, then came in to work.

Michelle
19-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Sweet! Kat said your t-shirts have apparently arrived. Have you seen it yet?

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 04:05 AM
They have arrived! Turns out that even though the website was a NZ one, they shipped the bloody things from San Jose!

I haven't opened the package yet.

Michelle
19-01-2010, 04:06 AM
Oh that's weird! Oh well, hopefully they are good!

Now I'm going to make pumpkin (well really buttercup tonight) risotto for dinner. Catch ya later!

pottergirl61
19-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Hey everyone, first time on the muse messageboard. Ive been a muse fan for a couple of years and i just went to my first ever concert, of course the big day out. Muse were amazeing but i wish i could have gotten closer to them!!. Did anyone else here the muse interview saying there coming back to nz?? Im soo soo excited!!.

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Yeah, and I think Matt said "see you in a few months" at the end of their BDO show. Really exciting. :)

Welcome, by the way.

pottergirl61
19-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Yeah, and I think Matt said "see you in a few months" at the end of their BDO show. Really exciting. :)

Welcome, by the way.

I think he might of!! Chris said around september i think. Which will be awesome except i dont know other muse fans at all so hopefully ill have someone to go with. Thank you for the welcome btw

TomIPT
19-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Hey everyone, first time on the muse messageboard. Ive been a muse fan for a couple of years and i just went to my first ever concert, of course the big day out. Muse were amazeing but i wish i could have gotten closer to them!!. Did anyone else here the muse interview saying there coming back to nz?? Im soo soo excited!!.

Welcome, yeah they should be back Nov/Dec. Glad to hear you enjoyed your first live Muse experience, they put on a good show :)

pottergirl61
19-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Welcome, yeah they should be back Nov/Dec. Glad to hear you enjoyed your first live Muse experience, they put on a good show :)

Gosh they really do!!,ive never seen anything like it.

cookie
19-01-2010, 04:28 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/rh37yx.jpg

what time did you go into the D to get there Michelle?

TomIPT
19-01-2010, 04:32 AM
Were you the guy with loads of piercings with white and pink hair cookie or next to him?

Also is anyone going to Them Crooked Vultures or Faith No More?

cookie
19-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Were you the guy with loads of piercings with white and pink hair cookie or next to him?

don't remember that guy :LOL:

im goin to faith no more in chch

Tacticalkat
19-01-2010, 04:43 AM
I don't think the moshpits are quite as bad at their own gigs. A lot more people get pulled out at BDO, which is one of the reasons I moved because I couldn't see while people were being lifted out :rolleyes:

I think I can just see the back of my head, pointed out by an arrow too :LOL:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/Musedmichelle/BDOcrowd.jpg?t=1263872007

In the photo below I was behind the blonde chick who looks like she is in pain :LOL:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/95798825.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5A72E5654F5B3C22E A5462D355BCF530596F748D0D733C7AF

:

Awesome pics there!

They have arrived! Turns out that even though the website was a NZ one, they shipped the bloody things from San Jose!

I haven't opened the package yet.

Hahahha whaaaaat? San Jose? These better be some kick ass t shirts. I can't wait!!

Hey! Welcome, I think we all agree that we all wanted to be closer to them, like maybe on the stage? Hah!:)

http://i46.tinypic.com/rh37yx.jpg

Cookie I'm pretty sure that's me standing right in front of you!
[QUOTE=TomIPT;7200591]Were you the guy with loads of piercings with white and pink hair cookie or next to him?

QUOTE]

I was next to that guy! :LOL:

cookie
19-01-2010, 04:47 AM
Kat did you have a hat on? I think things changed a bit once some more Lily allen fans moved out.

TomIPT
19-01-2010, 04:47 AM
don't remember that guy :LOL:

im goin to faith no more in chch

There was a guy like I described right about where you marked yourself :LOL: then there were some good looking girls behind him in front of me, I was gonna ask one of them if she was at Wembley as I thought I had seen her on the H.A.A.R.P dvd but didn't get close enough and it would have sounded random anyway :stunned:

TomIPT
19-01-2010, 04:48 AM
I was next to that guy! :LOL:

haha awesome, we were all pretty close then and had no idea :LOL:

Tacticalkat
19-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Kat did you have a hat on? I think things changed a bit once some more Lily allen fans moved out.

I sure did, and the pink and blonde haired pierced guy kepy elbowing me in the boob with his wild flailing.

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Argh, I'm doing one of those American Idol audition episodes at work right now.

:facepalm:

Make it stop!

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 04:50 AM
I sure did, and the pink and blonde haired pierced guy kepy elbowing me in the boob with his wild flailing.
Sounds like a fantastic guy to be around.

cookie
19-01-2010, 04:50 AM
was this guy shortish with spikey blond hair?

TomIPT
19-01-2010, 04:54 AM

Yeah he wasn't a tall guy, he had bits of pink in his hair too, the piercings were quite large.

Tacticalkat
19-01-2010, 04:55 AM

Make it stop!

Awww but those are the best ones! But then again, that's just watching them once, I wouldn't like to have to go over and over them....

Sounds like a fantastic guy to be around.

Unwelcome guy was unwelcome.

It was like white blonde and pink with a bunch of piercings, and at one point his shirt vanished.:vomit:

cookie
19-01-2010, 05:03 AM
oh well, maybe the lasers altered my recollection of him. thank you matt

pottergirl61
19-01-2010, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE=Tacticalkat;7200634]Awesome pics there!

Hey! Welcome, I think we all agree that we all wanted to be closer to them, like maybe on the stage? Hah!:)

oh totally,except knowing me i would had tried to leave with them. But i think if any of us got the chance to do that we would

QUOTE]

t.gypsy
19-01-2010, 06:01 AM
[QUOTE=Tacticalkat;7200634]Awesome pics there!

oh totally,except knowing me i would had tried to leave with them. But i think if any of us got the chance to do that we would

hello and welcome to the boards and its good to hear you had a great time at the bdo it was also my first time there too and muse was just awesome and its like now the wait for them to be here again.

QUOTE]

Make it stop!

mmm if anyone is on there attempting a muse song see if you can upload it so we can have watch it.. and some of those people on there i just like thinking are they taking it seriously or what not even the computers would be able to make them sound better

haha awesome, we were all pretty close then and had no idea :LOL:

it is amazing the distance that people become when they are in a crowd that big it was like a rainforest to a point you may seem lost but the familar surroundings is close by.

I wish i could go to them crooked vultures and faith no more and acdc but i dont think my bank will allow me to do so. I have finally got a student allowance and i should have my first payment on tuesday *sigh of relief*

Also when muse does come back to nz and if we all brought our tickets, could we at the time of buying specify what seating we would like or do you have to take whats given and am i mistaken that the atmosphere isnt as crowded as the bdo because you dont have the mixture of fans there.

_Ed_
19-01-2010, 06:22 AM
You can choose between general admission and allocated seats. I think most of us will want the general admission, so we can be standing right up the front. :)

TomIPT
19-01-2010, 06:30 AM
I don't think you get an option on seats, they are just allocated best/closest first.

t.gypsy
19-01-2010, 06:40 AM
ahhh and also this time when we plan to meet up to get up the front will we manage to stay together or will we end up split up and scattered in various places :LOL::LOL:

JoBear
19-01-2010, 06:44 AM
there is no way a group of people would be able to stay together in a moshpit.

TomIPT
19-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Should be fairly easy to stick together in a Muse crowd. I've been separated from mates after getting involved in circle pits watching some heavier bands, usually find them a few moments later, often involves running to the other side of the circle to get to them though :LOL:

t.gypsy
19-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Should be fairly easy to stick together in a Muse crowd. I've been separated from mates after getting involved in circle pits watching some heavier bands, usually find them a few moments later, often involves running to the other side of the circle to get to them though :LOL:

lol i can imagine that and it would be quite funny to watch and also the next muse concert shall i or we try to see if we can get another green alien to give to matt???. I think i might be able to do it this time.

Tacticalkat
19-01-2010, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=pottergirl61;7200761]

Also when muse does come back to nz and if we all brought our tickets, could we at the time of buying specify what seating we would like or do you have to take whats given and am i mistaken that the atmosphere isnt as crowded as the bdo because you dont have the mixture of fans there.

Sitting? Why would you sit?

You can choose between general admission and allocated seats. I think most of us will want the general admission, so we can be standing right up the front. :)

Ahhh I see, which are the more expensive tickets?

there is no way a group of people would be able to stay together in a moshpit.

Handcuffs! :yesey:

t.gypsy
19-01-2010, 07:05 AM
[QUOTE=t.gypsy;7200933]

Sitting? Why would you sit?

Handcuffs! :yesey:

handcuffs???? geez dont give those guys idead they are already bad enough with out the help lol. and also i wouldnt sit i would rather stand if i could of at the bdo i would of gotten in front of the stage just to dance

Super Sammy!
19-01-2010, 07:47 AM
It appears I was miles away from everyone :ninja:

I was about four people to the left of whoever labelled themselves as 'M' though :p

JoBear
19-01-2010, 07:54 AM

Standing is usually more expensive, unless they have the seats divided up into good and bad seats.

t.gypsy
19-01-2010, 07:55 AM
jeepers how many of us members on here were there that we didnt catch up with??? we really need to see if we can get together next time they come out here and hold up a banner of somesort.

darkshineskitty
19-01-2010, 09:13 AM

:LOL: well done on the light conversation though!

Hi, welcome :happy:
Am I the only one who breathes a sigh of relief when a new member joins and they're from Christchurch or something other than where I am from? :erm: I think I'm paranoid about people I know joining the board and learning all my secrets that I talk about here :LOL:

Make it stop!

I don't mean any disrespect to the deaf, but doesn't captioning the songs seem like a bit of a futile endeavour? :erm:

I don't think you get an option on seats, they are just allocated best/closest first.

Last time it was all general admission I think, and you were allowed to move freely between standing and sitting places. Kat, I was in the stands in 2007 and it was actually really good. Everyone stood up anyway, and the stands on the sides went quite close to the stage. So a great view and room to dance, with none of the crush of the crowd.

It appears I was miles away from everyone :ninja:

I was about four people to the left of whoever labelled themselves as 'M' though :p

I wasn't even in the D :LOL:

I saw Sherlock Holmes today :awesome: Actually pretty good, I like the characterisation of Holmes as quite childish and quirky.

MistressMary
20-01-2010, 04:42 AM
I didn't see anyone this BDO.. Last time I think I ran into Michelle and Ed.. Good times.. : ) lol

zombequin
20-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Why have I never come into this thread before?
Greetings, fellow Kiwis (Moas). Lamington lamington pineapple lump kia ora tatou tamariki ma.

t.gypsy
20-01-2010, 05:40 AM
mmmm this is looking to be quite good more new kiwi members on this board.. the moa tshirt was a good idea then wasnt it, however after a few posts i am going to head off and do some revision close book on friday and even if you have to resit it you cant have your book open its kinda harsh, the girls in my class are snotty as ever..

TomIPT
20-01-2010, 06:07 AM
A rather funny interview in Aus, links stolen from Muse in the media forum

Muse Gets A Hug
http://www.novafm.com.au/Video_Muse-gets-a-hug_97992?site=Nova969

The Muse Game
http://www.novafm.com.au/Video_The-Muse-Game_97991?site=Nova969

Muse Orgy!
http://www.novafm.com.au/Video_Muse-Orgy_97988?site=Nova969

Muse On Big Day Out
http://www.novafm.com.au/Video_Muse-on-Big-Day-Out_97987?site=Nova969

t.gypsy
20-01-2010, 06:39 AM

those look pretty interesting

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm having the best night ever!

JoBear
20-01-2010, 09:09 AM
What you doing?

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 09:14 AM
The new Muse merch is looking really cool.

Haha Tom, I saw that The Muse Game video the other day :p

JoBear
20-01-2010, 09:29 AM
fucking internet...lost my post.

was saying the muse tshirt with the photo of them walking across it is so tacky.

also, gonna sell my muse posters. there are these two:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/poster1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/bucjo/poster2.jpg

and also the origin of symmetry artwork and quite possibly i'll sell the stockholm concert poster i stole from a random swedish street (they were nicely selloptaped down, easy to steal).

TomIPT
20-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Ohh they finally have stock in the store, it's only been like 2 months, will have to put an order in tomorrow if they still have stock left :rolleyes:

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 10:33 AM
was saying the muse tshirt with the photo of them walking across it is so tacky.

and also the origin of symmetry artwork and quite possibly i'll sell the stockholm concert poster i stole from a random swedish street (they were nicely selloptaped down, easy to steal).

I like the Eurasia mugs and the new Resistance artwork themed stuff though.

I have that second poster as the horizontal version :happy:
Ooh, pics of the OoS poster and the Stockholm one?

Ghosty Ghost
20-01-2010, 10:42 AM
:)

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I wish Richard would tell us why he's having the best night ever :p

Tacticalkat
20-01-2010, 10:45 AM

Hahaha I'm still cracking myself up over this! I had the best night ever too. Heh.

fucking internet...lost my post.

Ooooh how much are you selling the posters for?

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Haha, shouldn't leave myself logged in! Very true though. :happy: But I was devastated when I burnt the garlic bread. :supersad:

Ugh, still 21 degrees and humid. Cool the fuck down, Auckland!

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Haha, shouldn't leave myself logged in! Very true though. :happy: But I was devastated when I burnt the garlic bread. :supersad:

What was the cause of your great day?

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Kat. :happy:

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Kat. :happy:

How's your day been?

Aww :happy: that's a nice thing to say.
It's been alright, just been reading a book for one of my uni papers this year and then drawing while listening to Muse. And now I found a link to download instrumental versions of The Resistance :eek:

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Ooh, exciting! Do you mind posting that link? I'd quite like to hear those.

Are you getting any idea from the book whether you'll enjoy the paper?

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Ooh, exciting! Do you mind posting that link? I'd quite like to hear those.

Are you getting any idea from the book whether you'll enjoy the paper?

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7747520f7b96de7be7ba8e3c6e11ce2064552922 d168405264328c9cace34742

It's going to be pretty boring I think :LOL: It's all older English, and takes ages to get through one book. Hence the starting early.

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Here's a youtube link too if you just want to listen. Just click the 'more from MuseInstrumentals' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNI4cUWk4U&feature=channel

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Great, thanks for that! :)

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Great, thanks for that! :)

You're welcome :happy:
I love that for The Resistance, people were able to split the tracks up into isolated sections.
Why you ask?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syz2k0qTfrM&feature=channel

4:05, Matt's falsetto. Fuck me sideways :stunned:

Also I really like this as just a version of Resistance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVUfM93gek&feature=channel

"It could be wrong, could be wrong" :chuckle: <3 Chris.

I AM IN SUCH A MUSE MOOD SORRY

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 12:31 PM
:stunned:
Crikey!

Don't apologise, it's perfectly understandable. I am too!

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:33 PM
:stunned:
Crikey!

Don't apologise, it's perfectly understandable. I am too!

I know right? I saw in the video description it was like "4:05" So I listened through to that part and my face was like a progression of :LOL::happy::stunned::eek:

Omg the version of Assassin with just vocals is hilarious. I want someone to post just the Soldier's Poem vocals.

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 12:36 PM
:LOL::happy::stunned::eek:
Mine was something like that too.

I'd like to hear just the vocals of IBTY...and the *pop!*s. :LOL:

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Mine was something like that too.

I'd like to hear just the vocals of IBTY...and the *pop!*s. :LOL:

It's not really just the vocals, but this one cracked me up because of the bass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHreSzMJSTs&feature=related

I am seriously lol-ing right now :LOL:

Where are the 'pop' sounds that you mentioned in IBTY? I don't recall :erm:

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Haha, that is awesome!

The pops are the sounds Matt makes with his finger on the inside of his mouth at a few points in the song. You can't hear it in that, but listen out for the first one at about 0:21 in the album version. I didn't hear them for ages, but after you notice them once you'll always hear them!

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Haha, that is awesome!

The pops are the sounds Matt makes with his finger on the inside of his mouth at a few points in the song. You can't hear it in that, but listen out for the first one at about 0:21 in the album version. I didn't hear them for ages, but after you notice them once you'll always hear them!

I can't hear it. All I can hear is the lulzy bass now :LOL:
Edit: Oh no wait, there it is :LOL:

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Haha, fair enough. The bass is hilarious. I saw someone on here when the album first came out liken it to rubber bands having sex. :LOL: I liked that.

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Haha, fair enough. The bass is hilarious. I saw someone on here when the album first came out liken it to rubber bands having sex. :LOL: I liked that.

Oh no now THAT'S all I'm going to be able to hear!
I found your pop track btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blMIWJJyZg8
:chuckle:

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 12:53 PM
YUS! Thanks! :D

:LOL: That's fabulous.

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 01:01 PM
YUS! Thanks! :D

:LOL: That's fabulous.

:happy: nothing a little bit of YouTube couldn't solve :chuckle:

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I'd never noticed those backing vocals.

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd never noticed those backing vocals.

It's really weird how sometimes the backing vocals are slightly delayed from the main vocals. It really makes you appreciate the layering of a song a whole lot more though when you hear it in bits like that :happy:

Now for important decision time, what kind of takeaways do I want today?

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, definitely.

Ooh, that's a big decision. First off, have you had any particular kind of takeaways recently enough for us to be able to eliminate them from the options?

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah, definitely.

Ooh, that's a big decision. First off, have you had any particular kind of takeaways recently enough for us to be able to eliminate them from the options?

Noodle Box, and I think since its not me paying for it, I don't really want McDonalds or Wendys.

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Absolutely, a very valid point.

Pizza? The chicken and cranberry one we had tonight from Hell (Pandemonium, I think it was) was really good. :happy: And you can't have food from Hell without lemon pepper wedges. :yesey:

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Absolutely, a very valid point.

Pizza? The chicken and cranberry one we had tonight from Hell (Pandemonium, I think it was) was really good. :happy: And you can't have food from Hell without lemon pepper wedges. :yesey:

My dad suggested pizza, but do I want pizza? :erm: I'm not really a huge pizza kind of person.

Edit: ffs it feels like there are constantly more spiders INSIDE my mosquito net than outside it!

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 01:13 PM
That's fair enough, and an acceptable reason not to have pizza.

Chinese?

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 01:23 PM
That's fair enough, and an acceptable reason not to have pizza.

Chinese?

I don't like Chinese.

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 01:25 PM
That's fair enough too. Hmm...fish and chips?

I think that's about all I can think of. I've been a sensational help. :LOL:

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 01:29 PM
That's fair enough too. Hmm...fish and chips?

I think that's about all I can think of. I've been a sensational help. :LOL:

I didn't even consider fish and chips :stunned: New realms of possibility!
Btw do you caption for 3 News or One News?

_Ed_
20-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I didn't even consider fish and chips :stunned: New realms of possibility!

Btw do you caption for 3 News or One News?
One News. We do some pre-recorded shows for TV3, but our focus is 1 and 2.

Anyway, I'm off to bed (if it's possible to sleep in this heat!). Hope whatever food you end up having is delicious. :) Night!

darkshineskitty
20-01-2010, 01:37 PM

One News. We do some pre-recorded shows for TV3, but our focus is 1 and 2.

Anyway, I'm off to bed (if it's possible to sleep in this heat!). Hope whatever food you end up having is delicious. :) Night!

Oh okay 'cos I watched the Business report on 3 News today and the guy talks fast! Do you think people would have to caption that live?

Okay me too, night! :happy:

JoBear
20-01-2010, 07:07 PM

haha did kat post that?

and you were cooking? you're doing well!

got my biometrics today but still missing two bank statements for my visa application. banks whether in the UK or NZ let everyone down. :noey:

and poster prices...i dunno...i'm sure can bring them up to auckland in feb. i also have that 2003 tour photo poster horizontal, why the fuck i bought two is beyond me.

EFVTEC
20-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey guys i got some pretty good audio/video from the big day out using my video camera, here is hysteria on youtube, i have stockholm syndrom, united states of euraisa, and a few bits of other things that i will upload, let me know what you think of the quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B89KW7FXxY

Michelle
21-01-2010, 12:03 AM

Just after 3. Yourself? You're lucky you're tall and stick out above everyone else!

That was me ;)

Haha, those are awesome! :LOL: Watched the C4 interview too and yay finally some confirmation Matt needs his banana's :LOL:

Ooh! I have been wanting the OoS poster for ages! I think there may be a fight over this one :shifty:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7747520f7b96de7be7ba8e3c6e11ce2064552922 d168405264328c9cace34742

Cheers fo that! I hope that without the vocals on Redemption it will help me with the piano part :happy:

You're welcome :happy:
I love that for The Resistance, people were able to split the tracks up into isolated sections.
Why you ask?

Also I really like this as just a version of Resistance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVUfM93gek&feature=channel

"It could be wrong, could be wrong" :chuckle: <3 Chris.

Woah :stunned: It is awesome to be able to hear all the different parts!

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Oh okay 'cos I watched the Business report on 3 News today and the guy talks fast! Do you think people would have to caption that live?

Okay me too, night! :happy:
I don't think anyone captions 3 News at all, so I think everyone avoids having to do that! We do get some fast-talkers on 1 as well, though. And foreign correspondents standing in front of planes with their engines running. :facepalm:

haha did kat post that?

She did.

I think an important part of cooking is taking things out of the oven and them not being completely blackened! Hopefully I'll get the hang of that some day.

Hey guys i got some pretty good audio/video from the big day out using my video camera, here is hysteria on youtube, i have stockholm syndrom, united states of euraisa, and a few bits of other things that i will upload, let me know what you think of the quality

That's awesome! Thanks for posting that.

Michelle
21-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Argh, one post not big enough.

It's not really just the vocals, but this one cracked me up because of the bass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHreSzMJSTs&feature=related

I am seriously lol-ing right now :LOL:

Haha, that bass is very quirky :LOL:

Oh no now THAT'S all I'm going to be able to hear!
I found your pop track btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blMIWJJyZg8
:chuckle:

Yay pops! And the piano :happy:

That is pretty good thanks! If the quality is better than on youtube, you (as well as everyone else who has good vids :)) should upload them on a site like muselive.com or musebootlegs if they are really big.

Yesterday I ended up going to a video/rental rental store that is closing down in Glen Eden. They were so cheap! We ended up getting quite a few tv series. Got the four series of Coupling ($35), season 1 Trochwood ($15), old Doctor Who for 5 bucks each and my parents got other old series like Get Smart, Are You Being Served and The Jetsons :LOL:

TomIPT
21-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Ouch, just filled my basket at the Muse store up to 170, then realised I forgot to bring my UK Debt card to work with me :stunned: It's not all for me by the way.

I hope they still have stock when I get home, you never know with that silly store.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Got the four series of Coupling ($35)
:D
Yay!

and The Jetsons :LOL:

Ouch, just filled my basket at the Muse store up to 170, then realised I forgot to bring my UK Debt card to work with me :stunned: It's not all for me by the way.

I hope they still have stock when I get home, you never know with that silly store.
Gutted! Fingers crossed everything's still there when you get home.

Michelle
21-01-2010, 12:20 AM

:stunned: Don't think I'd dare to fill my basket that high as it'd be too hard to choose which to take out :LOL:

TomIPT
21-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah they have some cool stuff, nothing is coming out though, I was already being quite selective in what I chose.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 12:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPtacaMcTg

Love this one!

Michelle
21-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Nice! :D

EFVTEC
21-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Argh, one post not big enough.

Haha, that bass is very quirky :LOL:

Yay pops! And the piano :happy:

That is pretty good thanks! If the quality is better than on youtube, you (as well as everyone else who has good vids :)) should upload them on a site like muselive.com or musebootlegs if they are really big.

Yesterday I ended up going to a video/rental rental store that is closing down in Glen Eden. They were so cheap! We ended up getting quite a few tv series. Got the four series of Coupling ($35), season 1 Trochwood ($15), old Doctor Who for 5 bucks each and my parents got other old series like Get Smart, Are You Being Served and The Jetsons :LOL:

Yeh the quality is heaps better, for some reason it degrades when you put it on, i was actually dissapointed that i didnt record the whole show because the quality was way better than i expected it to be. The lights played havoc with my auto focus though lol, I used a proper video camera not just a digital lol

TomIPT
21-01-2010, 03:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPtacaMcTg

Love this one!

Yeah it's a good one, I did link it on page 211 though ;)

I wonder what they have planned for Sydney, sounds like they might be doing a collaboration with some other artists at some point, also Sydney will be getting a fireworks display, I wonder if it will be at the end of Muse's set, would make for a spectacular finish.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Yeah it's a good one, I did link it on page 211 though ;)
Oops! :$ My bad.

And yeah, I'd imagine it's quite likely the fireworks would be at the end of Muse's set. They'd want to do them when it's dark.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 04:04 AM
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/-/cameronmacmillan/1405/wardrobe-malfunction-for-bobsleigher/ :chuckle:

t.gypsy
21-01-2010, 04:21 AM
I had someone from my course saying there was some sort of shooting turns out it was some guy wanting to jump off the bridge who else knows something about it before the news knows lol.

At the time i went outside and had a look and came back in and i was told i could of been killed i said well its not here as i am still alive and you would of known if i got killed because i wouldnt have been stepping back inside lol i am one sick lill cookie.

TomIPT
21-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Gutted! Fingers crossed everything's still there when you get home.

All in stock, there goes 170 :eek: I'm not even going to convert it into $NZ, I don't want to know :LOL: I needed to spend some pounds anyway, bugger all point sending 300 over with this exchange rate, I'll just get some nice Muse gear instead. I have wanted some of this stuff for ages too so nice to finally have ordered it.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Awesome, good on you. What sort of stuff did you get?

cookie
21-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Michelle, i went out after Kasabian and back in about 6.30

so i guess we'll never see muse at bdo again :(

TomIPT
21-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Got for myself:
- Exogenesis t-shirt (Main thing I wanted)
- USoE t-shirt
- V-Festival/Marley Park t-shirt as I was at V-Festival so nice to have something relating to it
- USoE Flag, random and expensive but I wanted it :LOL:
- USoE and Exogenesis Mugs
- Metal resistance keyring
- Uprising Vinyl

For my Sister:
- Blue muse logo hoodie
- Birds t-shirt
- Pink Resistance logo t-shirt

That's enough spending for a while :stunned:

Tacticalkat
21-01-2010, 04:47 AM
haha did kat post that?

got my biometrics today but still missing two bank statements for my visa application. banks whether in the UK or NZ let everyone down. :noey:

and poster prices...i dunno...i'm sure can bring them up to auckland in feb. i also have that 2003 tour photo poster horizontal, why the fuck i bought two is beyond me.

I cracked myself up posting it. Ahh small things for small minds I guess. :D
Yay bring the posters with you and we can check them out.

Ooh! I have been wanting the OoS poster for ages! I think there may be a fight over this one :shifty:

Woah :stunned: It is awesome to be able to hear all the different parts!

I won't fight you, I just want a poster!

She did.

I think an important part of cooking is taking things out of the oven and them not being completely blackened! Hopefully I'll get the hang of that some day.

It was possibly the funniest moment ever...."FUCK, FUCK"
"What?"

"um, nothing....."

Fan forced catches me out every time I cook, bastard oven!

Wow! I bet I could do the same pretty easily, I love online shopping for stuff like that!

So do we know for sure why they closed part of the CBD today?
I heard something about negotiators and a bridge so I thought it must be a jumper.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 04:50 AM
I heard something about negotiators and a bridge so I thought it must be a jumper.
Must be. That also explains why there's going to be nothing about it on the news - apparently giving it media attention glorifies it and makes other people think it's a good idea.

JoBear
21-01-2010, 04:53 AM
"What?"

"um, nothing....."

:LOL: i can just imagine that in my head.

Tacticalkat
21-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Must be. That also explains why there's going to be nothing about it on the news - apparently giving it media attention glorifies it and makes other people think it's a good idea.

Ahh, makes sense. That would be why it was so hush hush.

:LOL: i had just imagine that in my head.

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Man, kinder eggs are so not as awesome as I remember them, or maybe it's just because my toy is not as cool as i thought.

Ghosty Ghost
21-01-2010, 05:06 AM
I have a question for you all: how far into the year does it become weird to wish someone a happy new year?

JoBear
21-01-2010, 05:07 AM
i say up to february you can - it's still acceptable that people would've been on holiday and you just haven't seen them until that point.

Michelle
21-01-2010, 05:12 AM
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/-/cameronmacmillan/1405/wardrobe-malfunction-for-bobsleigher/ :chuckle:

Oh dear, poor gal :LOL:

so i guess we'll never see muse at bdo again :(

Oh sweet. I thought I'd just stay in there instead of having to try get back in, my friend just wanted to stay put as well.

I was thinking about that too, whether or not they'd do BDO again in the usual pattern since they have already reached headline status. Maybe we'll get two full gig tours instead? :awesome:

Got for myself:
- Exogenesis t-shirt (Main thing I wanted)
- USoE t-shirt
- V-Festival/Marley Park t-shirt as I was at V-Festival so nice to have something relating to it
- USoE Flag, random and expensive but I wanted it :LOL:
- USoE and Exogenesis Mugs
- Metal resistance keyring
- Uprising Vinyl

For my Sister:
- Blue muse logo hoodie
- Birds t-shirt
- Pink Resistance logo t-shirt

That's enough spending for a while :stunned:

That is one good shopping spree :yesey:

I won't fight you, I just want a poster!

I'm just being a greedy. I have all my other posters but I haven't even put them back up on the walls yet :facepalm:

"What?"

"um, nothing....."

Speaking of garlic, has anyone else noticed that the garlic this season hasn't got much flavour to, the fresh and jar stuff? Even the garlic bread we had at a restraunt the other night didn't have much to it :erm:

Man, kinder eggs are so not as awesome as I remember them, or maybe it's just because my toy is not as cool as i thought.

Oh dear. What toy did you get?

Michelle
21-01-2010, 05:15 AM
I have a question for you all: how far into the year does it become weird to wish someone a happy new year?

Yeah, I agree with Jo, about by the end of January since people may have not seen each other since last year yet.

Tacticalkat
21-01-2010, 05:35 AM
i say up to february you can - it's still acceptable that people would've been on holiday and you just haven't seen them until that point.

I think Feb is probably the cute off toom anything after that just seems lame.

Oh dear, poor gal :LOL:

That is one good shopping spree :yesey:

I'm just being a greedy. I have all my other posters but I haven't even put them back up on the walls yet :facepalm:

Oh dear. What toy did you get?

Ohhh you greedy thing! ;) I haven't got any! But I'm happy with any, so it's all good.

I got a mini magnifying glass that clips to your wristband! Which is pretty cool, but I wanted one of those ones where you have to put all the pieces together and stick the stickers on!

Ghosty Ghost
21-01-2010, 05:54 AM
End of January/start of February seemed to be the popular choice with my workmates too.

TomIPT
21-01-2010, 05:57 AM
I got a mini magnifying glass that clips to your wristband! Which is pretty cool, but I wanted one of those ones where you have to put all the pieces together and stick the stickers on!

Get yourself one of these then :LOL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8327914.stm

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Haha, that's amazing.

Tacticalkat
21-01-2010, 09:09 AM

Woah that shit is whack!

Who thinks up these things? It's awesome.

TomIPT
21-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I think they are James May's Ideas, at least he claims they are.

He has done a few episodes of what is called "James May's Toy Stories". It's quite a cool series, he has made things like running a slot car tack around a full sized race circuit to a life sized house made out of lego.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_May's_Toy_Stories

http://www.betleywhitehorne.com/bwlog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/James-May-Lego-House-11.jpg

http://www.betleywhitehorne.com/bwlog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/james-may-lego-house3.jpg

http://www.betleywhitehorne.com/bwlog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/james-may-lego-house4.jpg

Me Rug I Sty
21-01-2010, 10:05 AM

so i guess we'll never see muse at bdo again :(what!? No more Muse at BDO? Why?:supersad:

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 10:15 AM
what!? No more Muse at BDO? Why?:supersad:
They said "we'll keep coming until we get to headline", which they now have.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only RATM has headlined the BDO twice - and those were more than a decade apart.

JoBear
21-01-2010, 10:20 AM
think its far preferable for them to come out here and do their show anyway. at least the good thing in new zealand is it's never going to be stadium sized muse.

Super Sammy!
21-01-2010, 10:46 AM

I don't say it after about the 3rd of January :LOL:

JoBear
21-01-2010, 10:51 AM
well i'm off to bed, work in the morning, flight to wellington and then a drive to bulls and setting up a tent for campus a low hum. wish i could just skip the work part. see you all after tuesday!

Ghosty Ghost
21-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't say it after about the 3rd of January :LOL:
I tend more towards this as well.

See you guys in a few days.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Hope you guys have a really awesome time.

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 12:08 PM

I would be maybe interested in purchasing one :happy: I'd quite like to see what they look like if you could find a pic online or something. I don't think I've seen the Stockholm Syndrome one before.

Were you wearing glasses and a black Muse t-shirt?

He has done a few episodes of what is called "James May's Toy Stories". It's quite a cool series, he has made things like running a slot car tack around a full sized race circuit to a life sized house made out of lego.

http://www.betleywhitehorne.com/bwlog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/James-May-Lego-House-11.jpg

http://www.betleywhitehorne.com/bwlog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/james-may-lego-house3.jpg

http://www.betleywhitehorne.com/bwlog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/james-may-lego-house4.jpg

William H Macy that is AWESOME :eek:

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Still makes me laugh.

How's your day been?

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Still makes me laugh.

How's your day been?

Good thank you Rich. Hung around with my sister and then went to my dad's for dinner :happy:. We went and got tasty beans from the Asian food store today.

How about you?

EFVTEC
21-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I would be maybe interested in purchasing one :happy: I'd quite like to see what they look like if you could find a pic online or something. I don't think I've seen the Stockholm Syndrome one before.

Were you wearing glasses and a black Muse t-shirt?

Yea thats me lol :)

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Good thank you Rich. Hung around with my sister and then went to my dad's for dinner :happy:. We went and got tasty beans from the Asian food store today.

How about you?
Sounds good. :happy:

Yeah my day's been good thanks. :) Work was average, but that's the only thing I've got to complain about!

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Yea thats me lol :)

Congratulations, you are the first person on the board to ever see me!

Sounds good. :happy:

Yeah my day's been good thanks. :) Work was average, but that's the only thing I've got to complain about!

Oh yeah, not too shabby then. Boy it was so hot today! Coupled with all the rain, yuck. Supposed to be going to a picnic today :erm:

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Congratulations, you are the first person on the board to ever see me!
:eek:

Oh yeah, not too shabby then. Boy it was so hot today! Coupled with all the rain, yuck. Supposed to be going to a picnic today :erm:
Oh, I know! I was suffering in the heat when I was walking from my car to work, and then I got rained on. Stupid Auckland weather.

Beach picnic?

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 12:36 PM
:eek:

Oh, I know! I was suffering in the heat when I was walking from my car to work, and then I got rained on. Stupid Auckland weather.

Beach picnic?

I know, amazing isn't it? I actually exist! :eek: Should have taken a picture :LOL:

Ugh I know, rain on and off all day. And then disgustingly hot when the sun came out.
It was supposed to be at Western Springs.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I know, amazing isn't it? I actually exist! :eek:
I'm still not entirely convinced, to be perfectly honest with you.

Western Springs is a nice place for a picnic when the weather's not like it was today!

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm still not entirely convinced, to be perfectly honest with you.

Western Springs is a nice place for a picnic when the weather's not like it was today!

We will have to ask for a confirmation from the eyewitness himself then!

Yeah and I'm in a real park mood, but then the weather has to crap out :indiff:

Super Sammy!
21-01-2010, 12:49 PM
well i'm off to bed, work in the morning, flight to wellington and then a drive to bulls and setting up a tent for campus a low hum. wish i could just skip the work part. see you all after tuesday!

I'll be like, 5 minutes away from you then! :chuckle:

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Apparently our eyewitness doesn't remember what I look like :LOL: YUS my identity is still a secret!

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 01:00 PM
:(
Disappointing.

You're not the drunk guy I saw being escorted out by two guys while repeatedly saying, "I didn't do nothing," are you?

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 01:06 PM
:(
Disappointing.

You're not the drunk guy I saw being escorted out by two guys while repeatedly saying, "I didn't do nothing," are you?

:shifty: what if I am?

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 01:08 PM
That would be very disappointing grammar for someone supposedly studying English. :noey:

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 01:10 PM
That would be very disappointing grammar for someone supposedly studying English. :noey:

:LOL: You remembered that? Well done!

Also the fact that I'm of the female persuasion might be called into question :LOL:

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 01:12 PM
That is a good point, and one I had not considered.

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 01:17 PM
That is a good point, and one I had not considered.

I had hoped you weren't insinuating things about my gender. People here seem to think
I'm a dude often.

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Really? Kitty isn't a particularly masculine name, is it?

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Really? Kitty isn't a particularly masculine name, is it?

No its not! Still, I suppose its nice that people don't adhere to gender assumptions about names :LOL:

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah, that's true!

Bed soon for me, I guess. It's too hot again though.

darkshineskitty
21-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, that's true!

Bed soon for me, I guess. It's too hot again though.

It is. And I have mosquito bites on my back :mad:. Have a good night, hopefully the weather is better today!

_Ed_
21-01-2010, 01:30 PM
That sounds uncomfortable!

Yeah hope it's a nice day tomorrow. Night. :)

EFVTEC
21-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Hey Guys here is stockholm syndrom + the jam after it, enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43tkiHcyW_8

t.gypsy
22-01-2010, 05:25 AM
where are you guys at desch on a friday lucky beggars :p.

TomIPT
22-01-2010, 09:26 PM
So Sydney got a Back In Black cover with Nic Cester from Jet singing, they missed out on Stockholm Syndrome and the deadstar/microcuts riffage though. Not being a big AC/DC fan I think we got the better deal. I wonder what the second Sydney show will get.

It does look like it was a good cover though and they were having fun performing it, apparently there will be a proshot released at some time today, or it may just be the audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUgFqMppibQ

Michelle
22-01-2010, 11:31 PM

Oh that sounds cool, but it's a bit more grown up. The toys you could build were always fun. I'm sure if I have any old ones lying around somewhere.

Damn, I was expecting they'd at least show the end result!

Haha, a lego house would be awesome!

So Sydney got a Back In Black cover with Nic Cester from Jet singing, they missed out on Stockholm Syndrome and the deadstar/microcuts riffage though. Not being a big AC/DC fan I think we got the better deal. I wonder what the second Sydney show will get.

It does look like it was a good cover though and they were having fun performing it, apparently there will be a proshot released at some time today, or it may just be the audio.

Yeah, I would probably rather just have SS and Dead Cuts like we did, but being the first to experience that would have been pretty cool. The pro-shot should be sweet!

TomIPT
22-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Damn, I was expecting they'd at least show the end result

Here you go, after around the 5 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oig_i__sgv0

Michelle
23-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Cheers, that's awesome.

_Ed_
23-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Not being a big AC/DC fan I think we got the better deal.
I agree.

Tacticalkat
23-01-2010, 03:36 AM
Oh that sounds cool, but it's a bit more grown up. The toys you could build were always fun. I'm sure if I have any old ones lying around somewhere.

Damn, I was expecting they'd at least show the end result!

Haha, a lego house would be awesome!

Yeah, I would probably rather just have SS and Dead Cuts like we did, but being the first to experience that would have been pretty cool. The pro-shot should be sweet!

It looks like they had fun doing it, but I think it sounds quite shit. Not a huge ACDC fan but the vocals sound pretty weak.

Glad we didn't get that!

I didn't get out of bed until almost 3pm today. That would have been so awesome had I not gone to bed at 5am!

Michelle
23-01-2010, 03:49 AM
5 am? Crikey. I think I have gone to bed by midnight everynight since BDO :rolleyes:

t.gypsy
23-01-2010, 03:51 AM
It looks like they had fun doing it, but I think it sounds quite shit. Not a huge ACDC fan but the vocals sound pretty weak.

Glad we didn't get that!

I didn't get out of bed until almost 3pm today. That would have been so awesome had I not gone to bed at 5am!

what did you do to earn going to bed at 5am.

Man 1st day back at work and i am tired and i am also doing dinner whose comming over??

t.gypsy
23-01-2010, 03:53 AM
5 am? Crikey. I think I have gone to bed by midnight everynight since BDO :rolleyes:

same here i have to otherwise i wouldnt function at the course nor work and those places you need your wits about you.

Michelle
23-01-2010, 03:57 AM
But I just sit around most of the day on the computer or watching tv, watched the whole first season of Coupling one afternoon :LOL:

_Ed_
23-01-2010, 04:01 AM
*whistles innocently*

But I just sit around most of the day on the computer or watching tv, watched the whole first season of Coupling one afternoon :LOL:
Brilliant! The second and third seasons might be a bit better overall, but I love the first one. Inferno is one of my favourite episodes.

t.gypsy
23-01-2010, 04:04 AM
*whistles innocently*

Brilliant! The second and third seasons might be a bit better overall, but I love the first one. Inferno is one of my favourite episodes.

what are you hiding ed :p your whistiling about something... right i am off the puter for a bit to cook dinner and i still have noone coming over so thats ok more chicken,prawn pasta for me.

Michelle
23-01-2010, 04:08 AM
*whistles innocently*

:shifty:

Yeah, Inferno was a good one. My mum just got through two episodes and she liked all the names Sally was calling Patrick (donkey and tripod) and cracked up when he walks past and says he hasn't got the best balance :LOL:

_Ed_
23-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Haha, oh yeah. They call him 'pole-vaulter donkeyman' in a later episode. :chuckle:

Michelle
23-01-2010, 04:22 AM
And poor Jeff being made to have a look :LOL:

TomIPT
23-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Well I have nothing better to do tonight so I'm messing around with some photo stitching software, yes I need to get a life. Turns out it's quite good though, will need to try this more in the future.

Bigger version here http://tom.tserv.net.nz/bdo/Panorama3.jpg

http://tom.tserv.net.nz/bdo/Panorama4.jpg

kinopus
23-01-2010, 08:14 AM
that looks pretty mint tom, good to see a fellow muser into photography

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23073776@N04/

these are some of my picture projects ive been doing

TomIPT
23-01-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm not really into photography, I guess it's something I would like to get more into but probably will never bother to do :LOL: I do try and get the best shots possible when taking photos though and put a bit of effort into it.

Some really nice photos you have in there, although I must admit I'm not a huge fan of HDR photography, I have seen some nice examples but mostly they seem a little bit over the top.

kinopus
23-01-2010, 08:34 AM
yeah a lot of people dont get into the HDR stuff, i enjoy it, often makes an average photo look mint.

darkshineskitty
23-01-2010, 10:49 AM

<3 Dom :happy:
Haha Matt is just enjoying dancing around like Angus Young, you can so tell :LOL: Nice that they let Morgan be on guitar duty for once though! :chuckle:
I quite liked it because you could see they were really enjoying themselves. While I'm not huge on AC/DC I think its nice they choose to mix it up with an Aussie cover, it shows a real willingness to perform to their specific audience. A good move I think.

:chuckle: Dead Cuts

Well I have nothing better to do tonight so I'm messing around with some photo stitching software, yes I need to get a life. Turns out it's quite good though, will need to try this more in the future.

Wow that's cool! What time was that photo taken? I wonder if I can remember what area I was in then.

Edit: I did photography at high school :happy: Didn't finish my 7th form boards though, because it was too much work and I didn't really have a direction and got tired of the teacher just making me take photos that she liked. Ended up spending that time outside the Dean's office because that was the arranged alternative. It was still better than class :LOL:
Edit edit: What is HDR photography?

TomIPT
23-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Wow that's cool! What time was that photo taken? I wonder if I can remember what area I was in then.

Heh just noticed my camera is still on UK time, so 1:32am :LOL: it will be 1:32pm as Mastodon were just about to come on.

darkshineskitty
23-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Heh just noticed my camera is still on UK time, so 1:32am :LOL: it will be 1:32pm as Mastodon were just about to come on.

I was in the D! I think I might actually be able to see me :LOL:

TomIPT
23-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Some Proshot footage of UD, USoE and Starlight from Sydney as stolen from http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=70538

Also apparently Sydney got Collateral Damage tonight, I remember yelling out at Auckland "I wonder if Matt can play Collateral Damage yet" I was a few days too early it seems, I did get some funny looks though :LOL:

Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzds19ty21g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6jih4vNziI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb_isX2qguw

Tacticalkat
24-01-2010, 02:53 AM

Totally just quoted the wrong post.

I have no idea you you did this, but it's awesome!

_Ed_
24-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah, love it. I like the videos too.

Although I hated and complained about that American Idol episode I had to do at work, it did produce one highlight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl_HvEHSlxQ

Sensational.

_Ed_
24-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Just noticed The Resistance is back up at #7 on the NZ album charts. :happy:

Uprising's back in the top 20 singles too.

Michelle
25-01-2010, 04:13 AM

Awesome job on that!

Although I hated and complained about that American Idol episode I had to do at work, it did produce one highlight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl_HvEHSlxQ

Sensational.

Ahahahaha :LOL:

Just noticed The Resistance is back up at #7 on the NZ album charts. :happy:

Uprising's back in the top 20 singles too.

:happy: I saw that Undisclosed Desires was still in the charts too, but didn't see what number.

t.gypsy
25-01-2010, 05:49 AM
mmm i hope muse managed to convert a few more people at the bdo, What have we all been up tp apart from the obvious, i have a project which i am going to get on to after dinner to with with marketing promotional materials in the retail or distribution enviroment..

This is individual work you need to know your target people and cater for those people.. So far the ideas i am pulling together is pretty good.

Tacticalkat
25-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah, love it. I like the videos too.

Sensational.

Hahahhaha awesome, my little brother needs to take a lesson from this.

I totally did not realise how amazing the weather was today until I left work, wow! It was so hot!

t.gypsy
25-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Hahahhaha awesome, my little brother needs to take a lesson from this.

I totally did not realise how amazing the weather was today until I left work, wow! It was so hot!

i seemed to be the opposite i was cold go figure..

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Spectacular power cut today - the lack of traffic lights made my drive into town an interesting one!

Heard a rumour that it took so long to fix because the farmer who owned the land the part of the cables that needed fixing was on refused to let them on his property. Don't know if that's true.

_Ed_
25-01-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=519AXhLv24I :LOL: