PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Kerrang 50 Best Albums of the 21st Century

ADAM
06-08-2009, 03:49 PM
In this weeks Kerrang magazine, Muse appear not once...not twice...but THRICE in the "50 Best Albums of the 21st Century" article.

A Century of Sound

Without our favourite albums, life, with its good times and bad, just wouldnt (BE *typo*) the same. You know that. We know that. So when we asked you lot to nominate the greatest albums of the 21st century, you couldn't respond fast enough!

With the votes in and counted, here, then, are

THE 50 MOST MEANINGFUL, POWERFUL, EXCITING AND AURALLY PLEASURABLE ALBUMS OF THE LAST NINE YEARS, ACCORDING TO YOU.

50) Crisis - Alexisonfire (2006)
49) Permission To Land - The Darkness (2003)
48) Blessed Black Wings - High On Fire (2005)
47) Relationship of Command - At The Drive-In (2000)
46) The Green Album - Weezer (2001)
45) Volcano - Satyricon (2002)
44) Orchestra Of Wolves - Gallows (2006)
43) Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death) - Marilyn Manson (2000)
42) From Here To Infirmary - Alkaline Trio (2001)
41) Take To The Skies - Enter Shikari (2007)
40) Worship And Tribute - Glassjaw (2002)
39) Ghost Reveries - Opeth (2005)
38) Love Metal - Him (2003)
37) Jane Doe - Converge (2001)
36) Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World (2001)
35) Ire Works - The Dillinger Escape Plan (2007)
34) Riot! - Paramore (2007)
33) A Fever You Can't Sweat Out - Panic! At The Disco (2005)
32) II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow - Down (2002)
31) Vol 3: (The Subliminal Verses) - Slipknot (2004)
30) Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavoured Water - Limp Bizkit (2000)
29) Black Holes And Revelations - Muse (2006)
28) Mutter - Rammstein (2001)
27) City Of Evil - Avenged Sevenfold (2005)
26) Casually Dressed & Deep In Conversation - Funeral For A Friend (2003)
25) Puzzle - Biffy Clyro (2007)
24) Death Magnetic - Metallica (2008)
23) With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails (2005)
22) Ascendancy - Trivium (2005)
21) The End Of Heartache - Killswitch Engage (2004)
20) Lateralus - Tool (2001)
19) Start Something - Lostprophets (2004)
18) The Poison - Bullet For My Valentine (2005)
17) 21st Century Breakdown - Green Day (2009)
16) All Hope Is Gone - Slipknot (2008)
15) White Pony - Deftones (2000)
14) Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park (2000)
13) Origin Of Symmetry - Muse (2001)
12) The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance (2006)
11) Songs For The Deaf - Queens Of The Stone Age (2002)
10) Leviathan - Mastodon (2004)
09) From Under The Cork Tree - Fall Out Boy (2005)
08) The Blackening - Machine Head (2007)
07) Take Off Your Pants And Jacket - Blink 182 (2001)
06) Toxicity - System Of A Down (2001)
05) Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge - My Chemical Romance (2004)
04) A Beautiful Lie - 30 Seconds To Mars (2005)
03) IOWA - Slipknot (2001)
02) Absolution - Muse (2003)
01) American Idiot - Green Day (2004)

A brilliantly bonkers and brave balls-out record that bears witness to Muse indulging their every artistic whim to produce a political, proggy, sci-fi sound, touching on everything from Queen, Prince, Rush, Ennio Morricone and Black Sabbath. Sometimes within the space of one song. While Black Holes & Revelations was a new creative watermark, it also saw the trio's commercial star soar, with subsequent tours including a sold-out show at the fabulous Madison Square Garden in New York City and their triumphant two-night stand in Wembley Stadium. The band's status as the reigning kings of British rock was once again reaffirmed.

Younger readers may be suprised to hear this, but prior to the release of Origin Of Symmetry, Muse looked like the band least likely to succeed. The critics, you see, had the West Country three-piece pegged. From the moment they heard the songs that comprised Showbiz, the band's 1999 debut, the verdict was in: Muse were nothing more than a Radiohead copy band. Their music had no value. This lot would not last.

How funny. And, erm, wrong.

For the most part, Muse's success has been built from the ground up, and the first substancial building blocks came with the release of this,their second album. Propelled by the lead-off single Plug In Baby, this is the set that laid the blueprints of what has come to be known as Muse's trademark sound: bass lines that serve the same purpose as rhythm guitar parts, elongated melodies and falsetto vocal patterns, not to mention songs of such scope that suddenly it seemed as if their creators had the whole wide world in their hands. The mainstream press were caught on the back foot: without permission from the critics, people began to love this band.

Origin of Symmetry achieved tremendous things for Muse. It struck a power chord not only in the United Kingdom, but aslo in mainland Europe. (America would have to wait: a contractual dispute with their US label saw the album's release in that territory delayed until 2005.) Hullabaloo, a concert film and live album shot and recorded on the tour in support of the album, was captured at the 15,000-seat Le Zenith venue in paris. Meanwhile in the UK, Muse found themselves headlining the spacious London Arena. This, though, was merely a stepping stone: just six years after the release of Origin Of Symmetry, Matt Bellamy and his friends became the first rock band to headline London's then brand-new Wembley Stadium. Twice.

2001's Origin Of Symmetry may have distanced Matt Bellamy's band from their rock 'n' roll heroes - Jeff Buckley, Rage Against The Machine, Queen - and give more space to the frontman's classical music influences - Chopin, Bach, Philip Glass - but on their third album Muse sounded like no-one but themselves.

The key to the success of Absolution was its sheer fearlessness: as the band pieced together ideas for the album with producer Rich Costey in Ireland, London and LA, no idea was too outrageous; nothing was off limits. The band's American label Maverick had opted not to release Origin Of Symmetry after Bellamy refused to re-record his falsetto vocals on Plug In Baby and, vindicated by the success of that album everywhere else in the world, the trio were in no mood for compromise this time around.

When it emerged in September 2003, absolution sounded massive. From the clanging, portentous sturm und drang of Apocalypse Please to the secy roboto-stomp of Time Is Running Out, through the thunderous metallic grind of Stockholm Syndrome and on to the shimmering electronica (and 48 tracks of choral vocals) underpinning Butterflies & Hurricanes, this was the work of young men operating with absolute confidence in their own abilities, fully aware that they were at the top of their game. The album debuted at Number One in the UK, selling 71,000 copies in the first week, and also hit the top spot on the Billboard Heetseekers chart in the US....prompting a rather embarrasing U-turn among Maverick's big cheeses as to the band's commercial potential. Back at home, within nine months, Muse were headlining Glastonbury festival to an audience of 150,000 people: the weird little band from Devon had officially arrived.

Comment / Discuss

rainingradioheads
06-08-2009, 03:51 PM
American Idiot is NOT better than Absolution. :phu:

:chuckle:

*OoS*
06-08-2009, 03:52 PM
American Idiot outstripped Absolution? Please :LOL:

rainingradioheads
American Idiot outstripped Absolution? Please :LOL:

Inorite, no sense.

PoisonMeteor
nice, good to see other cool stuff like ire works up there too, no 2 soooo close.

rainingradioheads
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
:wtf: The Black Parade is not better than Origin of Symmetry.

Mozza
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Kerrang :LOL:

Surpised Muse got to number 2 to be fair

Chenshall90
06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Some good albums there, so sad to see American Idiot as number 1. Prefer a lot in there to Abso tbh! Surprised Blood Mountain isn't near the top if Leviathan is in there.

Chenshall90
06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
:wtf: The Black Parade is not better than Origin of Symmetry.

Toxicity and Lateralus, among others, are > Abso for me, so it will just reflect Kerrang reader's opinions.

Waldo
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Most of the albums on that list are shit. :rolleyes:

rainingradioheads
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Toxicity and Lateralus, among others, are > Abso for me, so it will just reflect Kerrang reader's opinions.

Well obviously, but I'm at perfect liberty to state my own.

Clunge
06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Kerrang :LOL:

Surpised Muse got to number 2 to be fair
Nah, Muse are Kerrang staples, they tick every box for Kerrang:

- they rock
- they have riffs
- they're catchy enough without sounding too poppy

Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Plug In Baby, Knights Of Cydonia and Dead Star are still Kerrang favourites :happy:. Infact, I think we all hugely underestimate the benefit Kerrang has been to Muse in the UK - it's certainly how I discovered Muse and I'm sure many others did around 2001/2002. Muse were on pretty much at least once an hour, every day.

achi
06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
American Idiot at 1?!:eek:

kev
06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
oh adam :facepalm: hehe

i was reading this in my co-op last night surprised it wasnt here already, was very surprised to find absolution at 2 i thought oos would have been their highest charting one and abso and showbiz had been ignored.

american idiot? wtf haha

Chenshall90
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
There was a time when you couldn't watch Kerrang without seeing American Idiot/Holiday/Boulevard/JoS so it's not too surprising.

ADAM
06-08-2009, 04:09 PM
oh adam :facepalm: hehe

i was reading this in my co-op last night surprised it wasnt here already, was very surprised to find absolution at 2 i thought oos would have been their highest charting one and abso and showbiz had been ignored.

american idiot? wtf haha

taking for fucking ever to write up!! :LOL:

Mozza
06-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Nah, Muse are Kerrang staples, they tick every box for Kerrang:

- they rock
- they have riffs
- they're catchy enough without sounding too poppy

Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Plug In Baby, Knights Of Cydonia and Dead Star are still Kerrang favourites :happy:. Infact, I think we all hugely underestimate the benefit Kerrang has been to Muse in the UK - it's certainly how I discovered Muse and I'm sure many others did around 2001/2002. Muse were on pretty much at least once an hour, every day.

Yeah but I never really saw Muse as a Kerrang readers favourite, just sort a band that were there without being truly loved. I expected Toxicity to be number 1 seeing as back in 2001 Kerrang made out it was the greatest album ever and nothing else was worth listening to

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Ohh I just bought it after having a look-see and finding out. :D

TBH I've always kinda liked Kerrang. Better than NME and Q anyway.

We should keep in mind these are Kerrang's readers, not their people or leading critics or whatever, and Kerrang cater for MCR and Green Day and all that...so it basically means an overwhelming amount of Green Day fans listen to Kerrang :LOL: and Muse or so it seems. :happy:

Hmm, Slipknot's Iowa is just below Abso...that's a good album. First album's better though...

Obi
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Apart from Muse it's mostly a horrendous list (with Kerrang that is to be expected).

Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavoured Water - Limp Bizkit (2000) at 30?

Maybe the 30th WORST album of all time. It's one of the worst things I've ever been subjected to.

Mistress
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Green Day? Bitch, please :LOL:

Geogaddi
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Let's get something straight. If you're going to get all excited about Muse's inclusion in a list of best albums, you should at least verify the validity of the list first. This is one of the most awful "Best of" lists I've ever seen, not just in relation to music, but in any category whatsoever. I can't even believe how bad these choices are. Yes, I understand that these are aggregate responses coming from a reader poll. But really, do you think that these people liking Muse somehow adds to Muse's credibility as a band, when the other musicians and albums that the same people chose are so fucking terrible?

50) Crisis - Alexisonfire (2006)
49) Permission To Land - The Darkness (2003)
48) Blessed Black Wings - High On Fire (2005)
47) Relationship of Command - At The Drive-In (2000)
46) The Green Album - Weezer (2001)
45) Volcano - Satyricon (2002)
44) Orchestra Of Wolves - Gallows (2006)
43) Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death) - Marilyn Manson (2000)
42) From Here To Infirmary - Alkaline Trio (2001)
41) Take To The Skies - Enter Shikari (2007)
40) Worship And Tribute - Glassjaw (2002)
39) Ghost Reveries - Opeth (2005)
38) Love Metal - Him (2003)
37) Jane Doe - Converge (2001)
36) Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World (2001)
35) Ire Works - The Dillinger Escape Plan (2007)
34) Riot! - Paramore (2007)
33) A Fever You Can't Sweat Out - Panic! At The Disco (2005)
32) II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow - Down (2002)
31) Vol 3: (The Subliminal Verses) - Slipknot (2004)
30) Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavoured Water - Limp Bizkit (2000)
28) Mutter - Rammstein (2001)
27) City Of Evil - Avenged Sevenfold (2005)
26) Casually Dressed & Deep In Conversation - Funeral For A Friend (2003)
25) Puzzle - Biffy Clyro (2007)
24) Death Magnetic - Metallica (2008)
23) With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails (2005)
22) Ascendancy - Trivium (2005)
21) The End Of Heartache - Killswitch Engage (2004)
20) Lateralus - Tool (2001)
19) Start Something - Lostprophets (2004)
18) The Poison - Bullet For My Valentine (2005)
17) 21st Century Breakdown - Green Day (2009)
16) All Hope Is Gone - Slipknot (2008)
15) White Pony - Deftones (2000)
14) Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park (2000)
11) Songs For The Deaf - Queens Of The Stone Age (2002)
10) Leviathan - Mastodon (2004)
08) The Blackening - Machine Head (2007)
07) Take Off Your Pants And Jacket - Blink 182 (2001)
06) Toxicity - System Of A Down (2001)
03) IOWA - Slipknot (2001)
01) American Idiot - Green Day (2004)

You've got Muse alongside such artistic geniuses as Green Day, Blink 182, MCR, 30 Seconds to Mars, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Lostprophets, Avenged Sevenfold, Fall Out Boy, Limp Bizkit, Panic at the Disco, and Marilyn Manson, for starters. What's worse, is that those aren't even the only shitty artists on there. Very nearly every single selection is fucking garbage. So, congratulations. Muse made it into a top 50 list selected by people with just about the worst possible taste in music you could even have. Epic victory for Muse!!

Milky Joe
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Loads of quality albums in that list, including Alkaline Trio, Glassjaw and Deftones. However, the inclusion of 30STM at 4th automatically renders the list invalid. Also getting fed up with Absolution being constantly rated higher than OoS in the media.

That said, American Idiot is easily better than Absolution lol.

Henguz
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
All Muse albums would be top of the list for me!! But hey i am a muse fan!!:D

Deano.
06-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Loads of quality albums in that list, including Alkaline Trio, Glassjaw and Deftones. However, the inclusion of 30STM at 4th automatically renders the list invalid. Also getting fed up with Absolution being constantly rated higher than OoS in the media.

That said, American Idiot is easily better than Absolution lol.

My thoughts aswell :LOL:

Bought that album because i quite like The Kill and From Yesterday but them 2 OK-to-good singles is all worth listenin to on that album imo :rolleyes:

Suvi
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM

what is it even doing in that list? :ninja:
what is most of those albums doing in that list?

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Let's get something straight. If you're going to get all excited about Muse's inclusion in a list of best albums, you should at least verify the validity of the list first. This is one of the most awful "Best of" lists I've ever seen, not just in relation to music, but in any category whatsoever. I can't even believe how bad these choices are. Yes, I understand that these are aggregate responses coming from a reader poll. But really, do you think that these people liking Muse somehow adds to Muse's credibility as a band, when the other musicians and albums that the same people chose are so fucking terrible?

You've got Muse alongside such artistic geniuses as Green Day, Blink 182, MCR, 30 Seconds to Mars, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Lostprophets, Avenged Sevenfold, Fall Out Boy, Limp Bizkit, Panic at the Disco, and Marilyn Manson, for starters. What's worse, is that those aren't even the only shitty artists on there. Very nearly every single selection is fucking garbage. So, congratulations. Muse made it into a top 50 list selected by people with just about the worst possible taste in music you could even have. Epic victory for Muse!!

HAAAAY I like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson!
Your opinion is fail. :phu:

Juuso
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Where's Radiohead?

someguy2012
06-08-2009, 09:27 PM
+1

Although its not the worst list ever...a few ok albums on their crop up every now and then.
Greenday have a few good songs to be fair, but as an album absolution is better than american idiot. Which muse album you prefer is entirely down to personal preference...

Half the "artists" on that list just write/have written for them unmusical generic garbage.

Where's Radiohead?
Thats what I thought...

Stoids
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Where's Radiohead?

Obviously, this list was created by people with horrible taste, thus the exclusion of any Radiohead. I'm sure that Thom is crying deeply right now that his albums were defeated by the likes of MCR, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot.....

Or people who made this list are unaware of Radiohead, thus explaining the 3 Muse albums on here, because hell, without Radiohead, Muse might have been original....

Mozza
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
what is it even doing in that list? :ninja:
what is most of those albums doing in that list?

People like them?

It is legal

Geogaddi
06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
HAAAAY I like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson!
Your opinion is fail. :phu:

Uh, no sir. I believe it is in fact your opinion that is fail. The only people who actually like Slipknot or Marilyn Manson are pseudo-rebellious 13-15 year olds. Seriously. Ask literally any person with even an iota of taste and you'll hear the same thing.

Mozza
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Uh, no sir. I believe it is in fact your opinion that is fail. The only people who actually like Slipknot or Marilyn Manson are pseudo-rebellious 13-15 year olds. Seriously. Ask literally any person with even an iota of taste and you'll hear the same thing.

I'm 22 and I like both.

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM

If taste means posting long, pointlessly pretentious rants then I'll pass thanks and enjoy life, cheers.

Obi
06-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Where's Radiohead?

Kerrang haven't heard of them.

Still, I suppose it's nice to see Radiohead not all over a list like this for once.

Geogaddi
06-08-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm 22 and I like both.

That says a lot about your taste. Mostly that it's horrible.

Mozza
06-08-2009, 09:46 PM

Thank you for telling me where I've been going wrong in my life. Clearly I have awful judgement. If I put Muse on repeat all night will that make you feel better about my cause?

Obi
06-08-2009, 09:47 PM

You're horrible.

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
To be honest, Radiohead don't really 'rock'. :LOL: They sway to and fro and do horrible things like thinking a lot.

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
You're horrible.

olol, owned.

Geogaddi
06-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Thank you for telling me where I've been going wrong in my life. Clearly I have awful judgement. If I put Muse on repeat all night will that make you feel better about my cause?

No, that would actually probably just feed right into what I already believe about your taste.

Stoids

Why would you put a crappy Radiohead on repeat??

Obi
olol, owned.

He used the word horrible. Made the ownage much easier. ;)

Mozza
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
No, that would actually probably just feed right into what I already believe about your taste.

I like your style

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
He used the word horrible. Made the ownage much easier. ;)

Ahhh. *takes noets*

Juuso
06-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Obviously, this list was created by people with horrible taste, thus the exclusion of any Radiohead. I'm sure that Thom is crying deeply right now that his albums were defeated by the likes of MCR, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot.....

Or people who made this list are unaware of Radiohead, thus explaining the 3 Muse albums on here, because hell, without Radiohead, Muse might have been original....You do realise that Radiohead are just a b-quality Autechre?

Obi
06-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Why would you put a crappy Radiohead on repeat??

Best troll everrr!

Mozza
06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
This thread is enlightening.

Obi
06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
That's what you get in a topic about Kerrang. :LOL:

Geogaddi
06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
You do realise that Radiohead are just a b-quality Autechre?

Except for the part about how Autechre and Radiohead are not very similar at all. That's not even a valid comparison.

Mozza
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
That's what you get in a topic about Kerrang. :LOL:

I think my 'counsellor' needs to check out the Kerrang Years thread I made in banter. Lots of lost causes in there

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Best troll everrr!

Oh don't let on. Let him get his feet wet. It's more fun. :happy:

Geogaddi
06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Mozza, I like how you indignantly quoted me in your sig. It's funny that most of the people who read your posts will think you're quoting me out of agreement.

Mozza
Except for the part about how Autechre and Radiohead are not very similar at all. That's not even a valid comparison.

Yes it is.

Juuso
Except for the part about how Autechre and Radiohead are not very similar at all. That's not even a valid comparison.Gawd, I'm replying to a troll, what do you expect? Autechre is an inspiration on Kid A and Thom's solo stuff.

Mozza
06-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Mozza, I like how you indignantly quoted me in your sig. It's funny that most of the people who read your posts will think you're quoting me out of agreement.

I'd love to stay and debate this but I'm off to listen to some Slipknot

Rock on!

Geogaddi
06-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Gawd, I'm replying to a troll, what do you expect? Autechre is an inspiration on Kid A and Thom's solo stuff.
Sure, that's fine then. I thought you meant as a whole.

Juuso
06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Sure, that's fine then. I thought you meant as a whole.I was, because that guy I quoted is obviously trolling (eg, trying to get people annoyed), thus I threw out a meh-meh comparison to Autechre to get on his tits, because he obviously wanks over Pitchfork and Radiohead.

It's the laws of the internets, take a study on them.

someguy2012
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
I was, because that guy I quoted is obviously trolling (eg, trying to get people annoyed), thus I threw out a meh-meh comparison to Autechre to get on his tits, because he obviously wanks over Pitchfork and Radiohead.

Actually, he is probably just an arrogant person who knows something about music. While going about it waay to arrogantly, he has at least one point.

Some of the albums on that list are just unmusical.

On a side note, Mozza...lol I did think when you quoted him you were agreeing :$

Geogaddi
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
On a side note, Mozza...lol I did think when you quoted him you were agreeing :$

Victory.

someguy2012
06-08-2009, 10:25 PM
One of my friends tried making me listen to a slipknot track once..he gave up when I couldn't stop laughing...

Pulse of the Maggots hell yeh! Lol its not an appaling song...its musically interesting but...it still makes me laugh.

Thats all my Slipknot knowledge gone :stunned:

Davy
06-08-2009, 10:26 PM
That would be an awesome list if they took out both their Green Day choices, especially at those positions. What a crock of shit.

Ayal
06-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Well, at least according to this list, Muse is the most productive band of the 21st century.

Chenshall90
06-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I really like SOAD, Slipknot, Machine Head, Mastodon, QotSA, Deftones, Tool, NIN, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Opeth and Weezer from that list, and would listen to others. If that means I have bad taste, so be it. It won't stop me from enjoying them :happy:

someguy2012
06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I listened to some more slipknot...why do I get the image of teletubbies headbanging...

sade
06-08-2009, 11:17 PM
The fact that there are people who voted 30 seconds to Mars as the 4th best album of the decade makes me want to burn down houses and stab Jared Leto in the eye with his own eyeliner.

Evil forces are among us...known as 13-year-old girls.

I feel bad for the whoever journos who had to write the praising introduction to some of those albums...they probably had to get hammered at the nearest pub after that, weeping in their beer for selling their music-loving souls at the altar of a steady paycheck.

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I listened to some more slipknot...why do I get the image of teletubbies headbanging...

To be quite honest, a bit of angstiness does help. :LOL:
What are you listening to by them?

New Born Lee
06-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I feel bad for the whoever journos who had to write the praising introduction to some of those albums...they probably had to get hammered at the nearest pub after that, weeping in their beer for selling their music-loving souls at the altar of a steady paycheck.

A slightly toned down version of this was what I was thinking. :LOL: Particularly for the 50STM album.

Samuel
06-08-2009, 11:36 PM
So that Kerrang Magazine eh! What a great music magazine it is eh!

PAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

a-museing
07-08-2009, 12:00 AM
meh ...how is 'riot' one of the greatest albums of the 21st centuary?

Mobius
07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Lol, thats what you get for a reader poll. I'm quite glad muse didn't top it. Still the praise each album got from the magazine seems quite articulated in a way. But yeah, having to do that for all of those albums I can imagine was soul sucking for them. :p

Also, as much as most people will hate to hear it, American Idiot will go down as one of the greatest albums of all time.

Ayal
07-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Also, as much as most people will hate to hear it, American Idiot will go down as one of the greatest albums of all time.

Agreed.

Juuso
07-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Also, as much as most people will hate to hear it, American Idiot will go down as one of the greatest albums of all time.It will also go down as that album, where Green Day took some make-up and changed themselves to cling on to the mainstream.

sade
07-08-2009, 06:04 AM
It will also go down as that album, where Green Day took some make-up and changed themselves to cling on to the mainstream.

I don't completely agree. If anything, American Idiot was a rather risky move considering they released an album heavily critisicing some aspects of the American society, the war and the things happening in the US in the post 9/11 world, and only less than 3 years than the attack happened. Do remember this was the time Bush's approval rating was still over 50 and generally Americans were wary of any cricial attacks on their country or the new-found "unity" that swept the country after the terrorist attacks.

Couple that with the fact that they managed to sell 14 million albums in these days with an album like that- a massive number for any album these days, let alone one belonging to the rock genre - and my hat goes off to them, even if I'm not a big Green Day fan myself.

Octazooka
07-08-2009, 06:07 AM
I don't completely agree. If anything, American Idiot was a rather risky move considering they released an album heavily critisicing some aspects of the American society, the war and the things happening in the US in the post 9/11 world, and only less than 3 years than the attack happened. Do remember this was the time Bush's approval rating was still over 50 and generally Americans were wary of any cricial attacks on their country or the new-found "unity" that swept the country after the terrorist attacks.

Couple that with the fact that they managed to sell 14 million albums in these days with an album like that- a massive number for any album these days, let alone one belonging to the rock genre - and my hat goes off to them, even if I'm not a big Green Day fan myself.
I will be killed for saying this, but I'm happy that both of my favourite albums went to the top 2 :awesome:

Kuje
07-08-2009, 06:44 AM

:LOL: what?!

devonscreen
07-08-2009, 09:05 AM

Lol..
OMG..

I just remember "Sit The Fuck Down" video...
:D
And Matt's hysterical laugh..

Suvi
07-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Lol..
OMG..

I just remember "Sit The Fuck Down" video...
And Matt's hysterical laugh..

:yesey: :LOL:

someguy2012
07-08-2009, 09:23 AM
To be quite honest, a bit of angstiness does help. :LOL:
What are you listening to by them?

Pulse of the maggots, and the other one...something about ALL HOPE IS GOOOONE!!!!
I could just imagine it...all the teletubbies lined up headbanging playing air guitar.

hehe..."Sit the fuck down!"

Mozza
07-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Pulse of the maggots, and the other one...something about ALL HOPE IS GOOOONE!!!!
I could just imagine it...all the teletubbies lined up headbanging playing air guitar.

Before I Forget is actually a very good song

MuseMegz
07-08-2009, 11:27 AM

Im 12 and i like Slipknot :$.
Not Marilyn Manson as such though :p.
But of course, none of them are better than Muse :D. Thats my opinion anyway.

ducksquackmuse
08-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Slipknot is essentially pop with more effects on the guitars to make it sound heavy, and faster drummers. Strip it down and you have McFly in masks.

Picko
08-08-2009, 09:18 PM
gutted Showbiz didn't make it
that would've been sweet ;)

someguy2012
08-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeh, it was just in the wrong Century. Actually came 52nd though, 51st was held by a small dog called poppy.

scifigeekgirl
08-08-2009, 09:44 PM
To be honest, Radiohead don't really 'rock'. :LOL: They sway to and fro and do horrible things like thinking a lot.

So true. :chuckle: Especially these days...

:LOL:

What do I actually think of the poll?

Well, for starters, we're hardly into the 21st century, so this is a bit premature - and very lazy journo-lism. Polls for mags are like TV show clip episodes - they're filler.

And the contents are hardly surprising. Kerrang concentrates on (Amurkan-style) RAWK. With monu-mental geetar RIFFS. For heavens' sake, the readers voted in The Darkness. That really does make the whole poll a joke. What month was this again?:rolleyes:

Hopix
08-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Slipknot is essentially pop with more effects on the guitars to make it sound heavy, and faster drummers. Strip it down and you have McFly in masks.

:LOL::LOL:Legendary!!!

Black Absolution
08-08-2009, 10:57 PM
gutted Showbiz didn't make it
that would've been sweet ;)

Better than Black Holes... I really don't think that album deserved a place on the list.

Subl1minal
08-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Origin of Symmetry should've been number 1, Green Day? i couldn't believe that crap.

And sorry but Slipknot is an awesome band and if anyone is going to throw the stupid comment of ''anyone who listens to them is 13-15 yr olds with problems'' is a complete douche.

That's why they headlined Download Festival with a crowd as big as Reading, Glastonbury and Wembley Stadium. So pipe down. I can tell you now, if their next album hits number 1 here in the UK, they will without a doubt be hitting up Wembley Stadium.

Go learn how to appreciate music, then come back with your stupid comments.

Black Absolution
09-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Origin of Symmetry should've been number 1, Green Day? i couldn't believe that crap.

And sorry but Slipknot is an awesome band and if anyone is going to throw the stupid comment of ''anyone who listens to them is 13-15 yr olds with problems'' is a complete douche.

That's why they headlined Download Festival with a crowd as big as Reading, Glastonbury and Wembley Stadium. So pipe down. I can tell you now, if their next album hits number 1 here in the UK, they will without a doubt be hitting up Wembley Stadium.

Yeah but everyone has different opinions. I personally can't stand Slipknot but I know others love them. Just because you don't like a particular band doesn't mean you don't appreciate music.

Mozza
09-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Yeah but everyone has different opinions. I personally can't stand Slipknot but I know others love them. Just because you don't like a particular band doesn't mean you don't appreciate music.

But that comment made about 13-15 year olds was incredibly arrogant and moronic. Fair enough you don't like a band, but that guy decided to insult all their fans and make out they were incapable of thinking for themselves.

Emaaa
09-08-2009, 07:24 AM
American Idiot Number One ?

I suppose in terms of the themes behind it being a reminder of what was going on at the time, but in terms of quality - no, just no.

sade
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
number 1, Green Day? i couldn't believe that crap.

Way to contradict yourself- I don't see you offering any real points proving Slipknot's superiority in any terms, or why Green Day's music is bad.

I don't listen to metal/heavy at all really, but I think I can understand and appreciate the musicianship some of the bands fitting that genre have. For me Slipknot just comes across as promoting noise over substance, really playing it up in order to get aggressive reactions out of young men(and women), giving them some false sense of "anarchy" when they pump their fist in a festival crowd, before humbly returning to their real-life jobs or another day in school. I also find the theatre-like shtick with the mask and "controversial" antics and lyrics just kind of juvinile. If you really can't find a way to express yourself without smearing shit and blood all over your face you probably need to re-think your career-choice.

Hopix
09-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Green Day are amazing. But Muse are better, they should have been No 1.

MuseMegz
10-08-2009, 03:31 PM

Yeah well thats your opinion, some people think their decent, if you dont like them fair enough.
How do you think theyre pop!? And if it was stripped down then it would still be better than McFly in my opinion :p.
And they dont use that many effects in alot of theyre songs :).

New Born Lee
10-08-2009, 03:53 PM

Ah, their newer stuff. Like Mozza said, Before I Forget and also Duality are good, they're how most people got into Slipknot. Their first two albums are the best though, they're bloody mental, particularly the first- the first two tracks on the first album are insane.

Qúentin Räikkönen
10-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Green Day are amazing. But Muse are better, they should have been No 1.

My thoughts exactly. But I'm glad that my favorite album ever made it so far! :awesome:

Absolution > American Idiot

Don't get me wrong, Green Day is another one of my favorite bands, but Muse is definitely better.

xuwang
10-08-2009, 08:03 PM

^+23766392

ABattleofOne
18-10-2010, 03:53 AM
AI happens to be my favorite album of all time, so I obviously think it fits at number 1.
Although I think The Black Parade should have been higher. That album is amazing.

Very happy Absolution got number two though =]

ZachWithAnH
18-10-2010, 04:20 AM

It may not be better (which I completely agree with) but it was WAY more popular, sadly

melon
18-10-2010, 04:25 AM
:noey:

Where the hell is Funeral by Arcade Fire? Stupid list imo.

xbroken_ideals
18-10-2010, 06:07 AM
But where's The Resistance?

chudenk
18-10-2010, 06:42 AM
American idiot at #1=Idiot

Girl Anachronism
18-10-2010, 07:02 AM

I know, right? :noey:

This list is wrong on so many levels.

jackparker
18-10-2010, 07:40 AM
and coming in at 51 and 52 respectively, showbiz and the resistance!
:LOL:

acshe
18-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Awww... Muse are Sturm und Drang!!!

jackparker
18-10-2010, 07:41 AM
American idiot at #1=Idiot

:yesey:
absolution should be number 1, american idiot 2, origin in the top 10 and BHAR in the top 20, with showbiz and TR in the top 50 as well!

melon
18-10-2010, 07:58 AM
I know, right? :noey:

This list is wrong on so many levels.

The fact that Radiohead aren't on there at all makes the list automatically void.

Riveon
18-10-2010, 07:59 AM
absolution should be number 1, american idiot 2, origin in the top 10 and BHAR in the top 20, with showbiz and TR in the top 50 as well!
TR wasn't out at the time anyway.

jackparker
18-10-2010, 08:03 AM

ah ok

nohopeinfear
18-10-2010, 08:23 AM
The fact that Radiohead aren't on there at all makes the list automatically void.

Radiohead aren't really in Kerrangs "demographic" band selection.

Heartofsaturdaynight
18-10-2010, 06:04 PM
just incase it has not been mentioned:
"49) Permission To Land - The Darkness (2003)"
:p

¡Tom!
18-10-2010, 06:12 PM

or showbiz.
Its 21st century list! why is everyone sayin wheres showbiz?

Dockertae
18-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Kerrang is very selective in only choosing albums that neatly fit their demographics but I can't complain as I got into them via Kerrang, they used to play Plug in Baby and New Born all the time. I'm sure at one point the Kerrang theme was Dead Star.

a-museing
18-10-2010, 06:47 PM

:LOL: This is Kerrang we're talking about.

LyraSilvertongue
18-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Also getting fed up with Absolution being constantly rated higher than OoS in the media.

That's because it is better.

haze015
18-10-2010, 08:47 PM
That's because it is better.

Too many shit tunes on it.

MattXXI
18-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Epic thread bump ftw :LOL:

I stopped reading at 49, The Darkness' Permission to Land. It's fine though, once MCR releases their new album, Kerrang and NME will be all over it like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat.

Gigapoodle
18-10-2010, 09:18 PM

There's more shit tunes on OoS!

Bauv
18-10-2010, 09:22 PM
The Small Print, Thought of a Dying Atheist and Endlessly are not shit tunes. :mad:

nohopeinfear
18-10-2010, 09:24 PM
There's more shit tunes on OoS!

You 'avin a fucking laff?! :indiff:

I will eat your babies bitch! :phu:

Mizutsu
18-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Abso never lets me down. :happy:

Mizutsu
18-10-2010, 09:31 PM

May be because of your shit music taste?

haze015
18-10-2010, 09:40 PM

You don't know anything about my music taste.

LyraSilvertongue
18-10-2010, 10:53 PM

There are no shit tunes on Absolution :phu:

melon
18-10-2010, 11:19 PM

Really? ........really?

Because he doesn't like some tracks off Absolution, he has shit music taste? :facepalm:

Some Musers.....:noey:

boomeraangsquad
18-10-2010, 11:34 PM
The fact that Chocolate Starfish made the list is by far the most disturbing thing about the list.

Seriously, the worst album I've ever heard.

musse
19-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I guess Paramore, My Chemical Romance, Blink 182, 30 Seconds to Mars and Fall Out Boy's have crazy fans that voted more than once hahahaha :LOL:
That's not something Musers would normally do...:rolleyes:

Gigapoodle
19-10-2010, 12:38 AM
You 'avin a fucking laff?! :indiff:

I will eat your babies bitch! :phu:

After CE OoS becomes quite average. Dark Shines is boring, Screenager is alright, Micro Cuts is pointless, we all know how Feeling Good is, and I never got the fuss over Megalomania. All the tracks before MC are fantastic, just the rest of it...meh. Abso doesn't have a boring track on it.

In my honest opinion, of course. :D

escapist
19-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Fall Out Boy was my favorite band in seventh grade. :awesome:

Abso > Idiot

Heartofsaturdaynight
19-10-2010, 07:02 AM

haha

There are no shit tunes on Absolution :phu:
+1

After CE OoS becomes quite average. Dark Shines is boring, Screenager is alright, Micro Cuts is pointless, we all know how Feeling Good is, and I never got the fuss over Megalomania. All the tracks before MC are fantastic, just the rest of it...meh. Abso doesn't have a boring track on it.

Micro Cuts = one of my favourite tunes :)

Tjet
19-10-2010, 07:22 AM

How is Micro Cuts pointless? :(

xbroken_ideals
19-10-2010, 08:04 AM

Sing For Absolution, Blackout and Endlessly are quite boring. TSP, Thoughts and FAWY are average.

Micro Cuts, pointless? :LOL: Couldn't you have chosen a better word? Endlessly is pointless. :phu:

I never got why you never got the fuss over Megalomania.

haze015
19-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Yes, Micro Cuts is pointless (Coincidentally it just came on shuffle, which is a tad scary), but that's what makes it great and it is one of Muse's best songs live.

OOS I can easily all the way through, whereas Absolution there's plenty I feel like skipping, FAWY, TSP, B&H, TOADA I'd never listen to through choice as they are either boring or just plain offensive and a few others I can take or leave.

But apparently I have shit taste in music, so what do I know? :rolleyes:

Wind Sorcerer
19-10-2010, 11:51 AM
But where's The Resistance?

pffffrt :chuckle:

Wind Sorcerer
19-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Yes, Micro Cuts is pointless (Coincidentally it just came on shuffle, which is a tad scary), but that's what makes it great and it is one of Muse's best songs live.

OOS I can easily all the way through, whereas Absolution there's plenty I feel like skipping, FAWY, TSP, B&H, TOADA I'd never listen to through choice as they are either boring or just plain offensive and a few others I can take or leave.

I would say that every Muse album besides Oos tends to be awful in terms of flow and production.
Absolution sounds too sterile.

Wind Sorcerer
19-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Abso is terrible in terms of

- production
- flow
- lyrics (B&H :LOL:)

It does not work as an album. Sure, you have a handful of ridiculously good tracks, but I can't listen through the record without skipping.

Dockertae
19-10-2010, 12:48 PM
All 3 albums that made this list are great IMO but I do think Absolution is the worst of the 3 personally. OOS to me is just really consistent in being top quality, Black Holes is a bit more up and down but works really well as an album, but I always felt a bit like Absolution was a bunch of amazing singles with poorer album tracks.

JadeLovesMuse
19-10-2010, 02:56 PM
American Idiot and Absolution need to switch places :happy: American Idiot is an awesome album! But Absolution is better!! :happy:

WutDaFucksy
19-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I only skip Falling Away With You on Absolution, but OoS dies after Micro Cuts, from there I only listen to Megalomania, both great albums though, I just prefer Abso :happy:

Deluded Citizen
19-10-2010, 03:10 PM

- production
- flow

It does not work as an album. Sure, you have a handful of ridiculously good tracks, but I can't listen through the record without skipping.

This :yesey: Although it has some of my favourite tracks on it, Abso is only my third or fourth favourite album.

Oh, and, about the list in general-no Radiohead? :LOL:

haze015
19-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Oh, and, about the list in general-no Radiohead? :LOL:

It's a list of popular rock albums of the last decade.

The sort of people who think American Idiot is good certainly aren't going to enjoy Kid A, Amnesiac or HTTT :LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
19-10-2010, 03:57 PM

- production
- flow

Of course it works as an album. So many people wouldn't love it if it didn't. I can and do listen to it from start to finish without skipping.

LyraSilvertongue
19-10-2010, 03:58 PM

The sort of people who think American Idiot is good certainly aren't going to enjoy Kid A, Amnesiac or HTTT :LOL:

:yesey: I don't think Kerrang readers are Radiohead's target audience.

Gareeh
19-10-2010, 04:15 PM

american idiot is fairly good.

and absolution is muse' best album, i get fairly bored of most origin songs after a while, excluding new born, bliss and citizen erased.

haze015
19-10-2010, 04:26 PM
american idiot is fairly good.

Everything I've heard from it has been truly awful.

Relationship Of Command should have been number 1 or Songs For The Deaf, depends what mood I'm in.

Then I'll remember Horse Of The Dog...

Gareeh
19-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Everything I've heard from it has been truly awful.

Relationship Of Command should have been number 1 or Songs For The Deaf, depends what mood I'm in.

Then I'll remember Horse Of The Dog...

do you hate everything that gets into the charts ?

haze015
19-10-2010, 09:25 PM
do you hate everything that gets into the charts ?

Not at all. I believe those three albums did chart, not too sure about Horse Of The Dog though.

It's just I have something called taste. :p

Gareeh
19-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Not at all. I believe those three albums did chart, not too sure about Horse Of The Dog though.

It's just I have something called taste. :p

that's only cause radiohead probably have the biggest contained group of followers in the world, if you get what i mean.

they're like a cult band.

haze015
19-10-2010, 09:37 PM
that's only cause radiohead probably have the biggest contained group of followers in the world, if you get what i mean.

they're like a cult band.

What's Radiohead got to do with anything? :confused:

Gigapoodle
19-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Sing For Absolution, Blackout and Endlessly are quite boring. TSP, Thoughts and FAWY are average.

Micro Cuts, pointless? :LOL: Couldn't you have chosen a better word? Endlessly is pointless. :phu:

I never got why you never got the fuss over Megalomania.

Oh you. :p

To each his own eh!

How is Micro Cuts pointless? :(

I dunno, seems like a song they did just for screaming and shit. I dunno. It's an alright song.

brainwashed
20-10-2010, 12:13 AM

but my heart is happy cause absolution is in the top 3 :awesome:

OpenMinded
20-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Well at least it didn't have the resistance in there and Black holes was lower than abso and origin :)

Lih
20-10-2010, 05:24 AM
I don't mind Absolution's production, it's certainly not as bad as BH&R's. It doesn't flow as an album, but I can manage to listen to it the whole way through though. OoS's first seven tracks flow brilliantly and then it just falls apart.

spark_
20-10-2010, 06:24 AM
I don't mind Absolution's production, it's certainly not as bad as BH&R's.

Amen to that.

futurellama
20-10-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't mind Absolution's production

I can't stand it personally. BHaR isn't much better but at least the songs on BHaR are generally worth putting up with the awfulness of the production for.

LyraSilvertongue
20-10-2010, 11:36 PM
I can't stand it personally. BHaR isn't much better but at least the songs on BHaR are generally worth putting up with the awfulness of the production for.

What, specifically, is so terrible about the production on Absolution?

haze015
20-10-2010, 11:39 PM
What, specifically, is so terrible about the production on Absolution?

Nothing wrong with the production at all on the whole, it's really well done, just a few bits & pieces seem a bit rushed and could accuse it of being a bit too clinical.

The mastering destroys it though.

LyraSilvertongue
20-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Nothing wrong with the production at all on the whole, it's really well done, just a few bits & pieces seem a bit rushed and could accuse it of being a bit too clinical.

The mastering destroys it though.

So many posters are criticising the production on Abso I was wondering what I was missing. What would you say was rushed and what's the problem with the mastering (you seem to know a lot more about these things that I do).

I wouldn't describe Abso as clinical at all. The Resistance is, definitely, bit not Abso.

haze015
21-10-2010, 12:01 AM
So many posters are criticising the production on Abso I was wondering what I was missing. What would you say was rushed and what's the problem with the mastering (you seem to know a lot more about these things that I do).

I'm not going into production, as it's too much to go into.

With mastering, they squashed the life out of the dynamics, which makes it sound lifeless and when listening to it loud (Preferably through decent speakers), it doesn't hit you right. Once in a studio, stuck on a couple of Muse songs from Absolution & OOS and although the numbers says that Absolution is "louder" than OOS, songs from OOS had more punch and sounded louder.

LyraSilvertongue
21-10-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm not going into production, as it's too much to go into.

With mastering, they squashed the life out of the dynamics, which makes it sound lifeless and when listening to it loud (Preferably through decent speakers), it doesn't hit you right. Once in a studio, stuck on a couple of Muse songs from Absolution & OOS and although the numbers says that Absolution is "louder" than OOS, songs from OOS had more punch and sounded louder.

On my crappy stereo system it all sounds great. :D

ImFallingAwayWithMUSE
21-10-2010, 05:17 AM
awww why do so many of you skip FAWY :(

personally i think all their albums r great, n if it were me id say all of them shuld b #1!
but considering not evry1 thinks like me, i think id go for abso as #1 :happy:

spark_
21-10-2010, 07:45 AM
awww why do so many of you skip FAWY :(

personally i think all their albums r great, n if it were me id say all of them shuld b #1!
but considering not evry1 thinks like me, i think id go for abso as #1 :happy:
Whilst FAWY has been one of my favourite songs for a long, long time...

Please don't type in text-speak. It's just annoying.

Are.
And.
Everyone.

These are not difficult words to type...

haze015
21-10-2010, 09:08 AM
On my crappy stereo system it all sounds great. :D

Unlucky you. ;)

hyper_chondriac_muser
21-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Are.
And.
Everyone.

Lol, +1. Huge bugbear of mine!

As for Abso, I'm kinda grateful that I don't have the musical ear or knowledge to pick up on the 'lodness'/'dynamics' issue - when I hear it, it sounds fine. I mostly listen through headphones anyway, so don't end up having a problem with the way it sounds. OoS does sound like it's better quality, but I'm biased to that album anyways, lol. It should be MUCH higher up in that list. Some of the albums they've mentioned are just meh, imo.

mentlegen.
21-10-2010, 08:22 PM
The songs on Absolution don't really...blend for me (Nice, cheesy love song (Endlessly), followed by a dark, brooding song about how you're insignificant (Ruled by Secrecy)? Maybe I'm just an uncultured swine). Intro+Apocalypse are the only ones really.

ImFallingAwayWithMUSE
22-10-2010, 05:10 AM

Are.
And.
Everyone.

Oh sorry :D
I'm just too used to it.

Riveon
22-10-2010, 07:03 AM
The flow always seems to get 'iffy' towards the end of Muse's albums. I consider the flow of the Resistance to be one of that album's strongest points. Although many criticise how it jumps from genres throughout the album (to be fair, they have a good point), for me, the album doesn't seem to lose its focus towards the end. I can listen to the whole album with ease, whereas towards the end of OOS, Absolution and BH&R, the flow seems a bit disjointed to me. Pity the majority of the songs on TR aren't as good as in their other albums then. :LOL:

spark_
22-10-2010, 07:41 AM
The flow always seems to get 'iffy' towards the end of Muse's albums. I consider the flow of the Resistance to be one of that album's strongest points. Although many criticise how it jumps from genres throughout the album (to be fair, they have a good point), for me, the album doesn't seem to lose its focus towards the end. I can listen to the whole album with ease, whereas towards the end of OOS, Absolution and BH&R, the flow seems a bit disjointed to me. Pity the majority of the songs on TR aren't as good as in their other albums then. :LOL:
TR's flow is very good. It does indeed get better towards the end - much better.

Ami34
26-10-2010, 04:30 PM
I think BH&R is the most disjointed in terms of the flow . I agree with TR being a album that flows very well. In terms of a whole album, I prefer it to BH&R.