PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Arena - Sheffield 04/11/09

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Mistress
06-06-2009, 07:02 PM
hmm, i dont know, it'll be nice for all the people in the roof seats :)
saw metallica in the round, but i was standing and from the standing rail to the seats was about 7 metres, not far at all!

Woop, awesomeness :awesome:
I haven't seen em' since BHaR in 2006
:dance:

westy 2007
06-06-2009, 07:05 PM
never seen muse, ive seen quite alot of 'good bands' and basically the last band i really NEEDED to go see was muse :), so im happy, and at college we were trying for tickets and got a page for seated, my mate said no and carried trying for standing, we failed and i was like why turn them down!! checked a hour later before i could say i tried EVERYTHING, and got straight through. was very very relieved :)

Mistress
06-06-2009, 07:09 PM
never seen muse, ive seen quite alot of 'good bands' and basically the last band i really NEEDED to go see was muse :), so im happy, and at college we were trying for tickets and got a page for seated, my mate said no and carried trying for standing, we failed and i was like why turn them down!! checked a hour later before i could say i tried EVERYTHING, and got straight through. was very very relieved :)

I was so bloody stressed yesterday morning trying to get tickets
Spent ages on the bloody phone and ticket sites were all busy
Muse live = :awesome:

westy 2007
06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
good :D hehe.
yeah i spent all morning presaling no luck
all morning till about 12 monday, was lucky to get good seats really.

Mistress
06-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Gah, pre-sale was a waste of time, the ticket sites were all clogged with Musers :LOL:

westy 2007
06-06-2009, 07:32 PM
and touts :(

InsertCreativeNameHere
06-06-2009, 08:13 PM
If you really want to see a band and they're very popular your best bet is to que up at the venue. Well worth the effort. I feel so lucky to have got standing tickets :happy: Much better than going on the internet :yesey:

Ju
06-06-2009, 09:24 PM
i just wanted to stumble in (a bit after the event, granted) and say YES! I got standing tix! It's like winning the golden ticket. Now, let me in Wonka.

Judderman
06-06-2009, 09:26 PM
woo-a-woo.... i had another muse dream, but it was seeing them for where i will be.... roughly,. and i was excited and the stage/set was epic. :facepalm:

Jade81
06-06-2009, 09:28 PM
i just wanted to stumble in (a bit after the event, granted) and say YES! I got standing tix! It's like winning the golden ticket. Now, let me in Wonka.

It's never too late to celebrate our luck and joy at getting standing tickets! :dance:

p24114
06-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I got seats in Block 106 with a couple of mates :D

Still desperate to trade up for standing tickets though :p

Any estimates on how much extra I'd have to pay to get 3 standing tickets considering I could give 3 seating tickets as well as money???

Jade81
06-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I got seats in Block 106 with a couple of mates :D

Still desperate to trade up for standing tickets though :p

Any estimates on how much extra I'd have to pay to get 3 standing tickets considering I could give 3 seating tickets as well as money???

Not a clue. I think you would probably have to prise them out of somebody's cold, dead hand, to be honest! :LOL:

Time-Is-Running-Out08
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
really lookin forward to this gig and i didnt expect too. theres a lot of freindly faces going, which is good seeing as im on my lonesome haha

anyone else stayin in the etap hotel opposite the arena?
I AM! I thought it was a brillaint location and its like right next to a train station so me and my mates are gettin a train from newcastle to sheffield then a smaller train that goes around sheffield to a station called arena - don valley station. Have you booked a room yet?

Time-Is-Running-Out08
06-06-2009, 11:46 PM
I was on seetickets from 9am but couldn't get through! I had two phones to my ears but it was engaged every time. By 20 past seetickets had sold out and it wasn't looking good. I came back from a shower and the sheffield box office site had loaded and I reserved some tickets. But it wouldn't accept my details, I couldn't figure out why. I was about to give up but then tried putting spaces in my card number and it worked :D I had a major buzz and rang all my friends to rant at;)
thats my story;) See you at Sheffield :D
you should of went to ticketmaster my mate got straight through using them.

Time-Is-Running-Out08
06-06-2009, 11:48 PM
:D Nice to hear a happy story..... There's a few of us going from the Newcastle area - all standing I think :dance:
awesome! btw did you get my message? i sent you one telling you about a hotel near the arena, cos i noticed a message you posted somewhere, can't remember where tho haha.

Time-Is-Running-Out08
06-06-2009, 11:50 PM
And the north always rocks the hardest, according to Dom, still shame they're not playing Newcastle Arena :(
im proper gutted they aren't playing newcastle...but i don't care i have to go to sheffield cos in the end they are an amazing band and its well worth it!

BeckyBliss
07-06-2009, 12:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRBCi6bKLs This is where we are going people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

robnewland07
07-06-2009, 01:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRBCi6bKLs This is where we are going people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

i saw linkin park there last year, was awesome.
nia is a better venue tbh, but seeing as il be in sheffield for uni (hopefully) it seems sensible

hystericali
07-06-2009, 07:04 AM
hmm, i dont know, it'll be nice for all the people in the roof seats :)
saw metallica in the round, but i was standing and from the standing rail to the seats was about 7 metres, not far at all!

I saw Metallica at Nottingham in February, we were standing, and got fairly close to the stage. My OH went to Sheffield to see them and he was in seating, and we missed all the visuals and the stage set up. The stage seemed really high to me, and I'm 5ft 10! If Muse do an 'in the round' I'm glad I'm in seating if I base it on what Metallica did. I couldn't believe how good it was when I saw his video clips. Yes, sure it was cool to be in standing, we got about 5 feet away from the stage, but when there was no one on our side we were waiting for someone to come round! At least in seating you can see everything!

Just my opinion :)

.Paul.
07-06-2009, 10:25 AM
i saw linkin park there last year, was awesome.
nia is a better venue tbh, but seeing as il be in sheffield for uni (hopefully) it seems sensible
I was there too, it was a very tame crowd.

L.
07-06-2009, 11:07 AM
I was at the Sheffield arena for a work thing the day they announced the Autumn tour and my first thought was I hope they play here - looks great as a venue!!!!

Now I can't wait to be there... 1st UK date of the new tour - it's gonna be great!!!

*OoS*
07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I was at the Sheffield arena for a work thing the day they announced the Autumn tour and my first thought was I hope they play here - looks great as a venue!!!!

Now I can't wait to be there... 1st UK date of the new tour - it's gonna be great!!!

Yay, you're going! Are you sitting or standing? Let's have a keckteer meet-up! :cool:

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 01:42 PM
I got seated tickets in block 204...but also Birmingham tickets (standing) but I can't go to that one...my mum doesn't want to stand up for an entire gig...D: I almost cried when she said we'd have to sell the tickets...

But I'm gonna try and make my way down to the standing area at some point...

I'll just be happy to be there really :D

Nattywba
07-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I got seated tickets in block 204...but also Birmingham tickets (standing) but I can't go to that one...my mum doesn't want to stand up for an entire gig...D: I almost cried when she said we'd have to sell the tickets...

I know someone that will buy your tickets :)

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I know someone that will buy your tickets :)

They're not mine, my mum bought 4 tickets (one for me, my friend, my mum and my friend's mum) and my friend's dad bought 4....he got the standing tickets, and he's going to sell them on Ebay.

L.
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Yay, you're going! Are you sitting or standing? Let's have a keckteer meet-up! :cool:

Yeah!! I had a feeling you might be going :D I've got standings (me & 3 friends) and planning to make a bee line for the barrier :LOL:

Meet-up it is!! There is a discussion on the group page about who is going where and "Resistance" meet-ups.

brian27
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Has anybody made a lunatic list of who is going yet?

(ps... its gonna be awesome!)

NicT
07-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Oooh....keckteer meet up? Sounds rather good :D

I have a seat in block 106, where are you two going to be (standing had gone before I could get a connection to any bloody website! :supersad:)?

Nattywba
07-06-2009, 01:49 PM
They're not mine, my mum bought 4 tickets (one for me, my friend, my mum and my friend's mum) and my friend's dad bought 4....he got the standing tickets, and he's going to sell them on Ebay.

Ahhh I see, okay dokay then :)

evil ebay

blissfullymuse
07-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Im in block 220 so give me a wave! haha

Im up for having a drink before hand though if anyone wants to meet up

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 01:50 PM
How are these meet ups organised?

SpiralDale
07-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Hang on, so even if you have seated tickets (I'm in block 106) there's still a chance you could get down to standing?

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Hang on, so even if you have seated tickets (I'm in block 106) there's still a chance you could get down to standing?

I don't know, I'm just hoping there is a chance :/

L.
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Oooh....keckteer meet up? Sounds rather good :D

I have a seat in block 106, where are you two going to be (standing had gone before I could get a connection to any bloody website! :supersad:)?

Brilliant you'll be there too!! :D Sheffield is gonna be great as it is the first UK gig!!

Not sure what kind of tickets OoS got but you'll be able to find me in the queue early on the 4th!! :LOL:

Are you going to any other gigs?

Nattywba
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Im in block 220 so give me a wave! haha

Im up for having a drink before hand though if anyone wants to meet up

block 217 :D

on my own though :( booo!!

NicT
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Brilliant you'll be there too!! :D Sheffield is gonna be great as it is the first UK gig!!

Not sure what kind of tickets OoS got but you'll be able to find me in the queue early on the 4th!! :LOL:

Are you going to any other gigs?

Yay!! Sounds like it will be epic :D Where are you staying? We've booked into the etap place that everyone seems to be staying at. Not sure of definitive plans, but we thought we'd best book a room now! :LOL:

I'm sure I could maybe swing past to see you in the queue! Though maybe there will be drinkie opportunities after?

I'm also going to Liverpool (my birthday that day), but am holding off on the others, as I think more will be announced next year at some point, so want to keep some cash free! How about you?

blissfullymuse
07-06-2009, 01:58 PM
block 217 :D

on my own though :( booo!!

Oh heeeeey:awesome:

Aw boo blates meet up before then jaa?

Nattywba
07-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Oh heeeeey:awesome:

Aw boo blates meet up before then jaa?

hell jaaaaaaaaa :awesome:

hystericali
07-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm also going to Liverpool (my birthday that day), but am holding off on the others, as I think more will be announced next year at some point, so want to keep some cash free! How about you?

Another Muser celebrating their birthday in style! Me too!

I REALLY hope they do something next year, that's exactly why I held back on this tour, keeping some space free on my visa :LOL:

NicT
07-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Another Muser celebrating their birthday in style! Me too!

I REALLY hope they do something next year, that's exactly why I held back on this tour, keeping some space free on my visa :LOL:

Great minds and all that! :LOL:

Is our birthday 4th Nov then? Gonna be a great two nights! :D

- emma -
07-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Took me one and a half hours to get through and I didn't think I'd get any at all, but I got standing! Woop
Dead chuffed

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
My mum refused to buy standing :(

But she spent an hour and 11 minutes ringing and on the computer.

hystericali
07-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Great minds and all that! :LOL:

Is our birthday 4th Nov then? Gonna be a great two nights! :D

slightly later, the 8th, but I'll be celebrating in style! Was slighlty gutted that Muse didn't have had the consideration to play Sheffield on the 8th, but the 4th is near enough :LOL:. Well done to you to get a Muse gig actually on your birthday though!

NicT
07-06-2009, 02:12 PM
slightly later, the 8th, but I'll be celebrating in style! Was slighlty gutted that Muse didn't have had the consideration to play Sheffield on the 8th, but the 4th is near enough :LOL: Well done to you to get a Muse gig actually on your birthday though!

At my local arena too, so that is even bloody luckier! I could kiss them for it, ha ha (they may run screaming from me.

And yeah, 4th / 8th close enough to start the celebrating. :D

L.
07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Yay!! Sounds like it will be epic :D Where are you staying? We've booked into the etap place that everyone seems to be staying at. Not sure of definitive plans, but we thought we'd best book a room now! :LOL:

I'm sure I could maybe swing past to see you in the queue! Though maybe there will be drinkie opportunities after?

How far is the Etap from the arena? I was thinking of staying at the Premier Inn as it's literally across the road from the venue - stayed there before and it took me 2 minutes to walk :D

but if everybody is at the Etap it'll be loads more fun!!! Still trying to decide if I should drive up the night before or on the morning of the 12th??

I'm going on a bit of the muse binge :$ all the dates are on my sig but I'm def. planning to go to more gigs next year when they announce the next leg of the tour! :D

blissfullymuse
07-06-2009, 02:45 PM
hell jaaaaaaaaa :awesome:

:happy:

*OoS*
07-06-2009, 02:53 PM

How about you stand and she sits (swap a standing for a seated)? It's selfish of her to expect you to give your ticket away too just because she doesn't want to stand.

*OoS*
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah!! I had a feeling you might be going :D I've got standings (me & 3 friends) and planning to make a bee line for the barrier :LOL:

Meet-up it is!! There is a discussion on the group page about who is going where and "Resistance" meet-ups.

*Heads over*

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 03:22 PM
How about you stand and she sits (swap a standing for a seated)? It's selfish of her to expect you to give your ticket away too just because she doesn't want to stand.

I asked if we could do that and she got annoyed and said 'I couldn't give a toss about what other people want to do, you're just ungrateful' and threatened to burn my tickets. She also thinks I'm selfish for wanting her to stand the entire gig, but she doesn't understand how much I want to stand...I want to convince her to go to the Birmingham one and swap two of the standing tickets for seated ones (there'd be loads of people willing to swap) but she's having none of it. :/

And if I bring it up again, she probably will just tear my tickets up.

.Paul.
07-06-2009, 03:29 PM
I asked if we could do that and she got annoyed and said 'I couldn't give a toss about what other people want to do, you're just ungrateful' and threatened to burn my tickets. She also thinks I'm selfish for wanting her to stand the entire gig, but she doesn't understand how much I want to stand...I want to convince her to go to the Birmingham one and swap two of the standing tickets for seated ones (there'd be loads of people willing to swap) but she's having none of it. :/

And if I bring it up again, she probably will just tear my tickets up.
You don't have the tickets yet to tear up, they won't be delivered till a few weeks before the gig. So just ask :D

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 03:31 PM
But I don't know when to ask, because she's still pissed off with me from about 4 or 5 hours ago. If I bring it up tomorrow, she'll still go on at me. I brought it up nicely, 'Do you think we could go to the Birmingham gig?' and all of a sudden, I was apparently being selfish and ungrateful.

I really want to go to the standing one, but I don't see how I can :/

*OoS*
07-06-2009, 03:32 PM
But I don't know when to ask, because she's still pissed off with me from about 4 or 5 hours ago. If I bring it up tomorrow, she'll still go on at me. I brought it up nicely, 'Do you think we could go to the Birmingham gig?' and all of a sudden, I was apparently being selfish and ungrateful.

Go with the argument I just gave you. It is perfectly self-explanatory. Maybe you should wait a while when she's in a better mood first though :p

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Go with the argument I just gave you. It is perfectly self-explanatory. Maybe you should wait a while when she's in a better mood first though :p

But she was in a good mood this morning until I brought it up. :/ And as soon as I did, she was instantly angry and then my dad joined in, and everything went to pot. I don't think they realise how much I would love standing tickets, and we actually have the opportunity, but they're not letting me...

I'll try another day, before the tickets arrive, and see what happens...

But if I call her selfish, that will NOT go down very well. I'll leave that part out.

Jade81
07-06-2009, 03:37 PM

Start doing nice things to her: butter her up a bit. Then persuade a friend of yours that they desperately want to go to that gig and that you obviously need to go with them! ;)

Problemfanatique
07-06-2009, 03:38 PM
But she was in a good mood this morning until I brought it up. :/ And as soon as I did, she was instantly angry and then my dad joined in, and everything went to pot. I don't think they realise how much I would love standing tickets, and we actually have the opportunity, but they're not letting me...

I'll try another day, before the tickets arrive, and see what happens...

But if I call her selfish, that will NOT go down very well. I'll leave that part out.

Ah parents suck, right? You could maybe try finding someone to go standing with you? like a friend? then maybe your parents could drop you off there and wonder about the place whilst you're in the gig. I've done that a few times. :)

NicT
07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
How far is the Etap from the arena? I was thinking of staying at the Premier Inn as it's literally across the road from the venue - stayed there before and it took me 2 minutes to walk :D

but if everybody is at the Etap it'll be loads more fun!!! Still trying to decide if I should drive up the night before or on the morning of the 12th??

I'm going on a bit of the muse binge :$ all the dates are on my sig but I'm def. planning to go to more gigs next year when they announce the next leg of the tour! :D

Hmmm...not entirely sure, I know it's close though! I was pointed in that direction by somebody else (and at 35 for a triple room , thought 'what the hell!'). I know there are quite a few people staying there though :D

I just noticed your signature - go you! I don't have the time or the money *sigh* to do that many gigs this time round :supersad:

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Ah parents suck, right? You could maybe try finding someone to go standing with you? like a friend? then maybe your parents could drop you off there and wonder about the place whilst you're in the gig. I've done that a few times. :)

I'm already going with a friend, and my mum and her mum are coming too. But my mum won't let me go to the gig with just my friend.

My dad definitely doesn't understand. The argument he came up with was 'You don't want to be caught in the crush, do you?'

YES. Yes I do. But he thinks I'm mental now.

Do you think it'll be possible to make our way down to the standing area at Sheffield? If not I can't see any other way (unless my mum gives into the idea of swapping two of the Birmingham tickets for seated tickets) that I'll be able to see Muse in the standing area or any gig...because I probably won't be lucky enough to get standing tickets again. :/

Jade81
07-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm already going with a friend, and my mum and her mum are coming too. But my mum won't let me go to the gig with just my friend.

My dad definitely doesn't understand. The argument he came up with was 'You don't want to be caught in the crush, do you?'

Do you think it'll be possible to make our way down to the standing area at Sheffield? If not I can't see any other way (unless my mum gives into the idea of swapping two of the Birmingham tickets for seated tickets) that I'll be able to see Muse in the standing area or any gig...because I probably won't be lucky enough to get standing tickets again. :/

I really don't see what the problem would be if the 'rents swapped theirs for seating while you went in standing with your friend. They would be there if anything happened and would get to watch too from the comfort of their seats!

Perhaps you are expressing yourself the wrong way? Have you expressed how ultimately grateful you are about going at all, what wonderful parents they are, blah, blah, blah...

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I really don't see what the problem would be if the 'rents swapped theirs for seating while you went in standing with your friend. They would be there if anything happened and would get to watch too from the comfort of their seats!

Perhaps you are expressing yourself the wrong way? Have you expressed how ultimately grateful you are about going at all, what wonderful parents they are, blah, blah, blah...

They would think I don't mean it, most likely. Should I leave it a couple of days and then ask again? But I don't know how :/

westy 2007
07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
id love to stand, but ive got seated. i spent around 4 hours and got seated ahaha! i FAILED.
was the first time ever i had competition like that! im just glad im going, and if you cant stand, just be lucky you are even going. some fans are dissapointed and will be home :/

Time-Is-Running-Out08
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Hmmm...not entirely sure, I know it's close though! I was pointed in that direction by somebody else (and at 35 for a triple room , thought 'what the hell!'). I know there are quite a few people staying there though :D

I just noticed your signature - go you! I don't have the time or the money *sigh* to do that many gigs this time round :supersad:
etap rules! haha That's where me and my mates are staying. we are still waiting to book as we dont have our tickets yet for the actual gig

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
id love to stand, but ive got seated. i spent around 4 hours and got seated ahaha! i FAILED.
was the first time ever i had competition like that! im just glad im going, and if you cant stand, just be lucky you are even going. some fans are dissapointed and will be home :/

But the thing is, is that I actually have the chance to have standing tickets, my friend's dad has ordered them, but my mum said told him we had our seated tickets and that he should sell them on Ebay.

Jade81
07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
They would think I don't mean it, most likely. Should I leave it a couple of days and then ask again? But I don't know how :/

Yeah. Give them a few days of observing what a wonderful, grateful, delightful offspring you are. Perhaps after school you could get in some, 'was talking to my friends and they were telling me how difficult it was to get tickets and so and so tried for hours and couldn't get any. Wow, I'm so lucky to be going. I'm so happy etc. etc. etc.' Flattery is a good technique in persuading too!

Also perhaps work out some bartering techniques, such as you won't expect any birthday/ Christmas presents this year or you'll do something for them.

bunerz
07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Is anyone else in block 206? Still wondering if I should book somewhere to stay that night or gamble on being able to get the last train to Leeds at 11.15. hmmm... :erm:

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah. Give them a few days of observing what a wonderful, grateful, delightful offspring you are. Perhaps after school you could get in some, 'was talking to my friends and they were telling me how difficult it was to get tickets and so and so tried for hours and couldn't get any. Wow, I'm so lucky to be going. I'm so happy etc. etc. etc.' Flattery is a good technique in persuading too!

Also perhaps work out some bartering techniques, such as you won't expect any birthday/ Christmas presents this year or you'll do something for them.

I seriously wouldn't mind giving up my next 10 birthdays to have those standing tickets. If it does work, and we end up deciding to swap two of our standing tickets for seated, how would we going about doing that?

L.
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM

Sounds like the Etap hotel it is :D Just need to speak to the girls I'm going with...

Yeah I'm going on a bit of a Muse binge :$ And I'm still planning to go more gigs next year :LOL:

Jade81
07-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I seriously wouldn't mind giving up my next 10 birthdays to have those standing tickets. If it does work, and we end up deciding to swap two of our standing tickets for seated, how would we going about doing that?

On Musebay.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=33546&highlight=musebay

People are pretty desperate to get standing tickets so it should be easy! Good luck! :)

hystericali
07-06-2009, 04:15 PM

As a parent, I can kinda see where your folks may be coming from. Perhaps they're concerned for your safety, I've been caught in a few nasty crowd surges, even at my age. My daughter is a seasoned gig-goer at the age of 13, but I will still be concerned when she goes to her first one on her own. Between us we are well in double figures when it comes to gigs she's come with me to.

Perhaps your mum wants to spend a bit of time with you at the gig?

I have no suggestions, I don't know your circumstances, but I do know that pressurising your parents may cause them to dig their heels in, I know it definitely does when my kids do it to me :)

Just be greatful you're at the gig. I know my daughter and I are. There are thousands out there that would do anything for a ticket.

Just my opinion, I come in peace :)

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 04:17 PM
As a parent, I can kinda see where your folks may be coming from. Perhaps they're concerned for your safety, I've been caught in a few nasty crowd surges, even at my age. My daughter is a seasoned gig-goer at the age of 13, but I will still be concerned when she goes to her first one on her own. Between us we are well in double figures when it comes to gigs she's come with me to.

Perhaps your mum wants to spend a bit of time with you at the gig?

I have no suggestions, I don't know your circumstances, but I do know that pressurising your parents may cause them to dig their heels in, I know it definitely does when my kids do it to me :)

Just be greatful you're at the gig. I know my daughter and I are. There are thousands out there that would do anything for a ticket.

Just my opinion, I come in peace :)

My mum is fine with the idea of me trying to find my way down to the standing area with just my friend, she just doesn't want to stand, but she wants to come to the gig (in general) to make sure we're ok. :/

Mistress
07-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Anyone in block 104? :LOL:

mapoftheglorious
07-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Anyone in block 104? :LOL:

one of my friends is

hystericali
07-06-2009, 04:27 PM
My mum is fine with the idea of me trying to find my way down to the standing area with just my friend, she just doesn't want to stand, but she wants to come to the gig (in general) to make sure we're ok. :/

I can understand about her wanting to make sure you're ok.

You won't get in standing though from seating, I think the arena floor is barriered off from the seats, and you can only get in standing from arena floor level. (I'm sorry if I'm confused, I've been to a fair few arenas, someone with a better memory will correct me :LOL:)

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I can understand about her wanting to make sure you're ok.

You won't get in standing though from seating, I think the arena floor is barriered off from the seats, and you can only get in standing from arena floor level. (I'm sorry if I'm confused, I've been to a fair few arenas, someone with a better memory will correct me :LOL:)

Well, my dad seems to think it will be easy, and if not, he expects me to sit back down and forget about it. I'm gonna tell my friend to ask her dad not to sell their tickets yet (they can't until they arrive anyway) and have another go in a few days...

hystericali
07-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Well, my dad seems to think it will be easy, and if not, he expects me to sit back down and forget about it. I'm gonna tell my friend to ask her dad not to sell their tickets yet (they can't until they arrive anyway) and have another go in a few days...

There will be people checking tickets before admitting folks to the floor, I'd be suprised if not. If you're that determined then perhaps, like you say, let it lie for a bit and try again in a few days, but stay calm when you do. :)

I really hope you get what you want, but don't be too disappointed if your folks are firm. I can see where you're coming from, I know I'm going to have this kind of debate as soon as my daughter is 14 and wanting to go off by herself, and she can be stubborn!!!!!!!! You're at the gig, and it will be awesome :happy::happy::happy:

Judderman
07-06-2009, 04:42 PM
ther will be a wristband for the floor tickets.... only available if you have a GA ticket... or in the know in the arena, and could blag yourself a wristband...

Problemfanatique
07-06-2009, 05:04 PM

Ah right. Hmmm.. you've got 4 standing tickets for Birmingham you say? you could try swopping two of those standing tickets in Musebay for seating so you and your friend's parents can go seated and you go standing? That way your mum can keep an eye on you. And I don't think you can go standing if you've got a seated ticket. They usually have barriers around the standing area.

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Ah right. Hmmm.. you've got 4 standing tickets for Birmingham you say? you could try swopping two of those standing tickets in Musebay for seating so you and your friend's parents can go seated and you go standing? That way your mum can keep an eye on you. And I don't think you can go standing if you've got a seated ticket. They usually have barriers around the standing area.

I already tried explaining that there are lots of people willing to buy two of our standing tickets, but she said 'I couldn't give a toss about what other people want to do,' but I'm going to try again when she's in a better mood...

mikethemuse
07-06-2009, 07:54 PM
ther will be a wristband for the floor tickets.... only available if you have a GA ticket... or in the know in the arena, and could blag yourself a wristband...

bit of an obvious question probably, but how do we get the wristbands? I've got 2 standing tickets, so will they just be sent out with them in the post or do we get them when we show the tickets at the venue? Not been standing before so don't exactly know :)

Judderman
07-06-2009, 08:18 PM
bit of an obvious question probably, but how do we get the wristbands? I've got 2 standing tickets, so will they just be sent out with them in the post or do we get them when we show the tickets at the venue? Not been standing before so don't exactly know :)

ive never been to sheffield arena before so i dont know the exact protocol. however on most gigs.... you go into the venue and then ther will be doors into blocks and then some of them will have 'floor standing' signs, if you go to a floor standing door, theyll give you a wristband there, and then your free to go onto the floor and off the flooor.... :)

mikethemuse
07-06-2009, 08:26 PM
ive never been to sheffield arena before so i dont know the exact protocol. however on most gigs.... you go into the venue and then ther will be doors into blocks and then some of them will have 'floor standing' signs, if you go to a floor standing door, theyll give you a wristband there, and then your free to go onto the floor and off the flooor.... :)

ah ok, thank you for the reply :)

beanworld
07-06-2009, 10:06 PM

I went standing to see the killers and they didn't give out wristbands :erm: To be fair, that's only one band, maybe they usually do it. They took our tickets off us [you could get one back at the end of the gig if you wanted] at the floor. You go in any block entry and then down some steps, if i remember right. I didn't go off the floor at that gig, but i'm not sure if you can, i think there's a seperate bar/food bit at the back of the floor section... Anyone shed some light?

/sketchy unhelpful comment :rolleyes:

robnewland07
07-06-2009, 11:01 PM
i got no wristband at LP, i just kept hold of my ticket...

Time-Is-Running-Out08
08-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Is there anyone who can help me who lives in Sheffield?

I was looking at travel arrangments for getting around Sheffield. I know this might sound a bit odd but me and my friends found a hotel called the Etap Hotel and using google maps it appears to be right next to the arena and I also noticed it appears to be near a station called Arena - Don Valley Station or something haha. You appear to get on a train at Sheffield Station to get to Arena - Don Valley Stadium.

1st question is: Roughly how long does it take to get from Sheffield's main train station to Arena - Don Valley?

and the 2nd is: How much does the service cost?

If anyone that knows the area really well can post a reply to this or message me on my page i'd be grateful.

Cheers:)

simonh
08-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Does any one have a standing ticket I can buy off them? I couldn't get one cos of my incredibly bad internet.

Ash 92
08-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Can anyone shed any light on what time the gig will finish?

Cos me and my mates live in Rotherham (right next to Sheffield) and so we are wondering if we could catch the last buses home (costing 40p per bus journey) rather than shelling out for a taxi/minibus.

robnewland07
08-06-2009, 01:54 AM
Is there anyone who can help me who lives in Sheffield?

I was looking at travel arrangments for getting around Sheffield. I know this might sound a bit odd but me and my friends found a hotel called the Etap Hotel and using google maps it appears to be right next to the arena and I also noticed it appears to be near a station called Arena - Don Valley Station or something haha. You appear to get on a train at Sheffield Station to get to Arena - Don Valley Stadium.

1st question is: Roughly how long does it take to get from Sheffield's main train station to Arena - Don Valley?

and the 2nd is: How much does the service cost?

If anyone that knows the area really well can post a reply to this or message me on my page i'd be grateful.

Cheers
Arena - Don valley is a tram, not train, stop.
cant remember how long it takes as its been a while, but it shouldn't take too long, and its not very expensive either.

James.
08-06-2009, 02:22 AM
It takes 22 minutes to get from Sheffield station to the Arena by tram according to the journey planner at http://www.supertram.com/journeyplanner.html.
1.70 each way according to the journey planner. You change trams at the Castle Square stop.

SilentGod
08-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Block 204 G :)

Laura..
08-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeh, You get on a tram at sheffield station, into town, it takes like 2 minutes, because it'd just one stop.
Otherwise you can just walk into town, the tram stops are easy to find.
Then you get on the meadowhall tram, and there is a stop 'arena/don valley stadium' which is where you get off.
There will be lots of people doing the same thing, should be easy.
sometimes they have trams just for the arena.

Laura..
08-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Can anyone shed any light on what time the gig will finish?

Cos me and my mates live in Rotherham (right next to Sheffield) and so we are wondering if we could catch the last buses home (costing 40p per bus journey) rather than shelling out for a taxi/minibus.

Im guess you will be able to get the bus.
The gig will finish before 11 im guessing (probably about half 10 maybe)
and buses don't stop running untill about.. 12. You should be alright.

meercat
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
I FINALLY GOT MY MUSE TICKET!!! by calling the box office they had cancelled tickets!!
im elated

p24114
08-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Soooooo pissed off. SeeTickets put some extra standing tickets on sale today - to my absolute delight. Filled in the form and "booked" the tickets, only to find a screen saying there was a problem with my order and to call the hotline. Phone queue for half an hour - by which time, of course, they've all sold out again!!! :mad:

SpiralDale
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Same happened to me, looks like a mistake on Seetickets part. They didn't seem to actually have any tickets to sell, even when I asked for 1 ticket it said it was too much.

p24114
08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Same happened to me, looks like a mistake on Seetickets part. They didn't seem to actually have any tickets to sell, even when I asked for 1 ticket it said it was too much.

The woman on the phone said it takes a while after tickets are sold out to register it online! Didn't seem to make much difference at 9:01 on Friday! Ah well - 5 months to keep checking the sites for stray tickets

Mistress
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I FINALLY GOT MY MUSE TICKET!!! by calling the box office they had cancelled tickets!!
im elated

Lucky begger :LOL:
Well done, perseverance pays off eventually :happy: See you there!

BeckyBliss
08-06-2009, 06:42 PM
For those of you that have been to the Muse sheff gig in 06, standing, how do you get as near to the front as possible, like do you just have to run lol, or what ?
Any one know? ha:LOL:

p24114
08-06-2009, 06:48 PM
For those of you that have been to the Muse sheff gig in 06, standing, how do you get as near to the front as possible, like do you just have to run lol, or what ?

Get there early and run or wait until something like KoC comes on and take advantage of all the pushing and chaos that will be going on and push ur way forward. Or crowdsurf and try and get let down before security grab hold of you.

blissfullymuse
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I'll be driving in from Chesterfield

Well my Uncle will be driving lol

bILLOO
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM

We all got shouted at for running, haha.

I don't remember getting there that early actually but still managed to be at the front just below Bellamy.

Jade81
08-06-2009, 07:11 PM

I don't remember getting there that early actually but still managed to be at the front just below Bellamy.

Really? 'Don't run in the corridor!' Hell, we're not naughty school kids! Well, some of us aren't! :LOL:

mikethemuse
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
any idea what time the doors will open for standing (or what time they have for similar gigs)? It might decide when we try and get down there ;)

p24114
08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
any idea what time the doors will open for standing (or what time they have for similar gigs)? It might decide when we try and get down there ;)

Think doors are at 18:30. It will say on your tickets when theyre posted out.

Jade81
08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Just jumping in to vent a bit of excitement...

:):D:happy::awesome::dance:

That's better. Will get on with my work now.

bILLOO
08-06-2009, 07:25 PM

HURRY 4 1/2 MONTH! :awesome:

Mistress
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:awesome:

wendymuse
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM

I know what you mean, I keep getting butterflies in my stomach (and hurricanes, but that's a different story :p).... I don't think I can cope with this until November !:stunned::LOL:

Mistress
08-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Definitely wearing OoG on some part of my clothing, wave at me :LOL:

BeckyBliss
08-06-2009, 07:29 PM

Haha bet that was fun then, yeah i just want to get so i can see them lol, dont mind if nit right at the front but a good viewing.

Do they open the doors and then we all go in, or do they open them and there food and drinks n stuff before hand?

Whats the best time to go for good standing place?

Mistress
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Haha bet that was fun then, yeah i just want to get so i can see them lol, dont mind if nit right at the front but a good viewing.

Do they open the doors and then we all go in, or do they open them and there food and drinks n stuff before hand?

Whats the best time to go for good standing place?

If doors open at 6:30 then I'd be there well over an hour before hand, but I'm not sure because I never stand at these things :LOL::

Jade81
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Definitely wearing OoG on some part of my clothing, wave at me :LOL:

I shall be wearing something jade coloured - not specially for the occasion, just because I invariably do! Damn ego of mine :LOL:

Jade81
08-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I know what you mean, I keep getting butterflies in my stomach (and hurricanes, but that's a different story :p).... I don't think I can cope with this until November !:stunned::LOL:

HAARP is my curent driving CD - not a wise idea as I get ridiculously excited every time I get into the car and drive around like this - :D. Which generally scares people.

Mistress
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
HAARP is my curent driving CD - not a wise idea as I get ridiculously excited every time I get into the car and drive around like this - :D. Which generally scares people.

I always beg my mum or whoever's driving to put on a Muse CD :LOL:

Jade81
08-06-2009, 07:50 PM
I always beg my mum or whoever's driving to put on a Muse CD :LOL:

People I give a lift to beg me to play something else for once! :LOL:

BeckyBliss
08-06-2009, 07:53 PM
If doors open at 6:30 then I'd be there well over an hour before hand, but I'm not sure because I never stand at these things :LOL::

Haha ok then, thanks

L.
08-06-2009, 07:54 PM

I was watching Absolution on my Ipod on the train today and people kept staring at me because they couldn't understand why I had a huge grin on my face the whole time :D

All I kept thinking was 4 1/2 months and I'm there!!!

mapoftheglorious
08-06-2009, 07:58 PM

I'll be there from mid morning.

newborn_assasin
08-06-2009, 07:58 PM
ill be wearing my traditional infamous dressing gown :D

mapoftheglorious
08-06-2009, 08:00 PM

:LOL: What time are you getting there Kieren?

L.
08-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I'll be there from mid morning.

We're having an all-girl roadtrip and staying at the hotel across the road the night before so we can go queue in the morning!

newborn_assasin
08-06-2009, 08:03 PM
:LOL: What time are you getting there Kieren?

hmm as soon as i arrive ill start queueing. well check into the famous etap first then join the long line of doom.

probs around 12ish i fink

Mistress
08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I was watching Absolution on my Ipod on the train today and people kept staring at me because they couldn't understand why I had a huge grin on my face the whole time :D

Probably thought you were watching a dirty film or something :LOL:

mapoftheglorious
08-06-2009, 08:05 PM
We're having an all-girl roadtrip and staying at the hotel across the road the night before so we can go queue in the morning!

Hopefully we'll be in the same area of the que!! :LOL:

newborn_assasin
08-06-2009, 08:09 PM

all girl road trip?
stayin at the etap?
muse fans....female?

this could be the greatest gig ever

Mistress
08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
all girl road trip?
stayin at the etap?
muse fans....female?

:indiff:

:LOL:

L.
08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Probably thought you were watching a dirty film or something :LOL:

:LOL: For me Glasto 04 is better than that... (apart from the fact that SS is missing from it...)

Hopefully we'll be in the same area of the que!! :LOL:

Hopefully we will - planning to queue in the morning as well! :D Just look for the French girl with the biggest grin on her face :LOL:

all girl road trip?
stayin at the etap?
muse fans....female?

4 girls.....

All staying at the Etap hotel...

All big Muse fans....

Does that get your attention?? :p

newborn_assasin
08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
4 girls.....

All staying at the Etap hotel...

All big Muse fans....

Does that get your attention?? :p

hahaha literally everyone is stayin at the etap its ridiculous. gna be brill tho.

Mistress
08-06-2009, 08:31 PM
hahaha literally everyone is stayin at the etap its ridiculous. gna be brill tho.

Gah, damn you all!
I only live in Doncaster so I'm driving straight back after the gig :indiff:

newborn_assasin
08-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Gah, damn you all!

its gna be a laugh. and ur gna miss the queueing up beforehand aswell. thats always fun.

L.
08-06-2009, 08:36 PM

I don't think the Etap hotel realises quite yet what's descending on them on the 3rd and 4th November... :LOL:

But you're right it's gonna be brill - a hotel full of musers!!! I feel sorry for the 4 or 5 regular guests who will be there on these days!!!

Mooks
08-06-2009, 08:36 PM
In regards to standing questions :

For getting into the standing area, you need a standing ticket. You will enter by a different door to those seated, the tickets are checked, there isn't a wristband (if there is for some strange reason, you'll get these when you have your ticket and bags checked). There are barriers so you can't simply swap from seated to standing I'm afriad Basically it's health and safety etc..

For getting to the barrier, get there in the afternoon, if you run, you'll be told not to, just practice walking fast and not fall over. It's good if you have stamina and a strong bladder. If you want to get near the front, but not bothered about the barrier, you can work your way to the front, if you're polite and people let you past.

Last Muse gig in the arena in the standing section, there was a merch stall at the back, not sure about alcohol as I'm never bothered about that sort of thing as it annoys me seeing hammered people at gigs acting like barbaric twits.

Seating wise, you tend to have a very good view on the first tier, second tier I've never sat in, so I can't give an opinion. I've got a couple of Metallica vids on youtube from the first tier seated on what would be Matt's side of the stage as you look at it, if you want an idea of what it's like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FptvRZgC6To&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-EO4ah48-g&feature=channel_page

In regards to cameras, the times I've been standing in the arena, I've been told not to use my camera and that's been that (make sure its not a big SLR, just a point a shoot, otherwise you'll have it taken off you). The times I've been seated, I've not been checked for a camera.

Mistress
08-06-2009, 08:37 PM
its gna be a laugh. and ur gna miss the queueing up beforehand aswell. thats always fun.

Gonna get mum to get me and the bf there early :happy:

newborn_assasin
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Gonna get mum to get me and the bf there early :happy:

by early do u mean before midday hahaha.

is the bf a muse fan then or u forcin him into it? mind u if hes not he will be when he leaves haha

Mistress
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
by early do u mean before midday hahaha.

is the bf a muse fan then or u forcin him into it? mind u if hes not he will be when he leaves haha

I'll be in bloody school at midday!! :LOL:
I have successfully converted him to being a Muser :happy: so yeah, he's a fan

Jade81
08-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Gah, damn you all!

I'm driving home straight after too. Stupid job. :mad:

Mistress
08-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm driving home straight after too. Stupid job. :mad:

Stupid school!!! :LOL:
I'd rather hang out with all of you lot :LOL:

Jade81
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM

Stupid school indeed! at least I'm paid to be there I guess! :LOL:
My friend's getting there early as she's coming up from London though.

newborn_assasin
08-06-2009, 08:59 PM

hahaha do it then. missin one day of school aint as bad as missin a day of uni which is what most of us will be doin haha

Mistress
08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Stupid school indeed! at least I'm paid to be there I guess! :LOL:
My friend's getting there early as she's coming up from London though.

I'm gonna be shattered come Thursday morning :LOL:

Mistress
08-06-2009, 09:03 PM
hahaha do it then. missin one day of school aint as bad as missin a day of uni which is what most of us will be doin haha

Nah, my mum would have none of it :LOL:

newborn_assasin
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna be shattered come Thursday morning :LOL:

no doubt ull be missin school on thursday then. juss miss both days, tell em ya got swine flu or sumat

Jade81
08-06-2009, 09:05 PM

Huh? I can't recall ever actually going to uni when I was a student! :LOL:

Mistress
08-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Right, I'm off now, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jade81
08-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Right, I'm off now, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Night! :)

moocow
09-06-2009, 01:23 AM
any kind of meet up on the cards yet?

newborn_assasin
09-06-2009, 08:43 AM
any kind of meet up on the cards yet?

at the moment pretty much everyone is stayin at the etap hotel opposite the arena so no doubt we'll all bump into one another there. or in the queue lol.

Nattywba
09-06-2009, 10:30 AM

you dont even have that dressing gown anymore :(

i thought you left it at marlay :(

Time-Is-Running-Out08
09-06-2009, 02:25 PM
hmm as soon as i arrive ill start queueing. well check into the famous etap first then join the long line of doom.

probs around 12ish i fink
its really annoying cos me and my mates were trying to get a room at the etap but cos we're 17 we cant =(

anyone know a place where we could stay?

L.
09-06-2009, 02:32 PM
its really annoying cos me and my mates were trying to get a room at the etap but cos we're 17 we cant =(

anyone know a place where we could stay?

You could try the Premier Inn - it is next door to the arena and quite close to the Etap hotel as well.

Time-Is-Running-Out08
09-06-2009, 02:43 PM
You could try the Premier Inn - it is next door to the arena and quite close to the Etap hotel as well.
It's full :( we can't believe it either cos we had it all planned out for staying at the etap then my friend called them up and they said you have to be 18. It's also annoying cos i turn 18 a month later

butterfliesallhavinfun
09-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Staying in the Travelodge central, been on google maps and there is a pub right next to it :D but will do most of my meetin n greetin near the arena :)

Time-Is-Running-Out08
09-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Staying in the Travelodge central, been on google maps and there is a pub right next to it :D but will do most of my meetin n greetin near the arena :)
how close is that to the arena and how much for a night?

butterfliesallhavinfun
09-06-2009, 02:55 PM
how close is that to the arena and how much for a night?

Got my family room for 29 per night, but I think it may be 44 now. It is in the city centre, right next to the supertram so shouldn't be too far to the arena.

Time-Is-Running-Out08
09-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Got my family room for 29 per night, but I think it may be 44 now. It is in the city centre, right next to the supertram so shouldn't be too far to the arena.
do u know if there is an age restriction for staying. cos me and my mates are only 17 also may you know what time the concerts usually finish?

butterfliesallhavinfun
09-06-2009, 03:49 PM
do u know if there is an age restriction for staying. cos me and my mates are only 17

I don't know but if you go on their website I'm pretty sure you could find that info out. It's 10 minutes on the supertram to the arena area.

Time-Is-Running-Out08
09-06-2009, 03:55 PM
I don't know but if you go on their website I'm pretty sure you could find that info out. It's 10 minutes on the supertram to the arena area.
i'm on atm no such look yet lol

butterfliesallhavinfun
09-06-2009, 04:10 PM
i'm on atm no such look yet lol

Just been on Travelodge website and it says you can book if you are 16 or over, but you may be better off double checking.

Mistress
09-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Allo there, hope your all getting sorted and what not for the gig :)

butterfliesallhavinfun
09-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Allo there, hope your all getting sorted and what not for the gig :)

Tickets......check
Hotel ........check
Travel........check
Beer map of Sheffield.....double check :D

Mistress
09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Tickets......check
Hotel ........check
Travel........check
Beer map of Sheffield.....double check :D

Tickets...check
Muser mum to drive me there....check
AWESOME Muse tank-top to wear at said gig...total check!

Time-Is-Running-Out08
09-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Just been on Travelodge website and it says you can book if you are 16 or over, but you may be better off double checking.
trying to

Gig tickets - Yes
Train Tickets - Kinda have to wait cos we can;t book them until september
Hotel - Struggling

Jade81
09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I converted someone today! Now they want to come to Sheffield! :LOL:

Mistress
09-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I converted someone today! Now they want to come to Sheffield! :LOL:

I've converted a few friends myself :LOL:

Jade81
09-06-2009, 05:17 PM
I've converted a few friends myself :LOL:

I'm quite proud - It was another teacher at my school, in her 40s. Gave her Absolution last night - she's hooked!

Mistress
09-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm quite proud - It was another teacher at my school, in her 40s. Gave her Absolution last night - she's hooked!

Gah, well done :D

Henguz
09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm going to Sheffield!:)
Along with 6 mates who all like Muse!:D
I've converted a few myself!!!!:)
I feel like a 'Muse Disciple' or something:p:

I'm Standing;)
*Bugsy at the front*:p:rolleyes:

butterfliesallhavinfun
09-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Tickets...check
Muser mum to drive me there....check
AWESOME Muse tank-top to wear at said gig...total check!

Muse tanktop, I've gotz to get me one of those :D

Where is the best place to buy Muse clothing?

Mistress
09-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Muse tanktop, I've gotz to get me one of those :D

Where is the best place to buy Muse clothing?

muse.mu

:)

butterfliesallhavinfun
09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Cheers :)

newborn_assasin
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
im gna wait for new merch to buy a new top. the lads choice aint that good. except for the green assassin top, there all quite...dull

as for the people that said they coudlnt book etap cus they were 17. jus book it. they dnt check ur passport or nuffink. well i cant see em doin it.

then even if there is trouble jus say that when u booked it u had no problem.

Time-Is-Running-Out08
09-06-2009, 09:14 PM
im gna wait for new merch to buy a new top. the lads choice aint that good. except for the green assassin top, there all quite...dull

as for the people that said they coudlnt book etap cus they were 17. jus book it. they dnt check ur passport or nuffink. well i cant see em doin it.

then even if there is trouble jus say that when u booked it u had no problem.
u sure? i dnt really want to take a bag if i don't have a room to put it in and i don't wanna take it to the gig that's for sure! haha

i dnt suppose anyone over the age of 18 needs a room and cud get me and my friends in, as we don't wanna spend the night on the streets haha

cool_bob
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
u sure? i dnt really want to take a bag if i don't have a room to put it in and i don't wanna take it to the gig that's for sure! haha

i dnt suppose anyone over the age of 18 needs a room and cud get me and my friends in, as we don't wanna spend the night on the streets haha
You'll be lucky, me and my mates are over 18 and we're all going clubbing after the gig then straight home on an early morning train. People looking for hotels will most likely be families unless there are some boring teens out there :)

*OoS*
10-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Let's discuss a meet :happy: I vote Centertainment, as it's right next to the venue.

L.
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Let's discuss a meet :happy: I vote Centertainment, as it's right next to the venue.

Hey!

Just checking - are you staying at the Etap as well? We're 4 girls coming up and we'll certainly be up for drinks afterwards!! :D

butterfliesallhavinfun
10-06-2009, 05:48 PM

What will the pubs opening hours be on a wednesday night in Sheffield?

newborn_assasin
10-06-2009, 06:59 PM

ive never been asked for ID when ive checked into a hotel. and if the worse comes to the worse and they do then just tell them that nobody asked your age when you were booking, and you've got nowhere else to go. and if they still dnt let u stay, dnt forget youll have about 100 musers in the hotel aswell to fight ur cause haha

Judderman
10-06-2009, 08:40 PM
You'll be lucky, me and my mates are over 18 and we're all going clubbing after the gig then straight home on an early morning train. People looking for hotels will most likely be families unless there are some boring teens out there :)

thats my exact plan.... early morning train at 4am methinks.... with a kebab.

*OoS*
10-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey!

Just checking - are you staying at the Etap as well? We're 4 girls coming up and we'll certainly be up for drinks afterwards!! :D

Nah, I'll be at uni by then so I'll either be going back to halls, or crashing at the parents' :p Definitely :D what's this Etap? A hotel?

*OoS*
10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
What will the pubs opening hours be on a wednesday night in Sheffield?

A lot of pubs in the centre have late licenses, but normal pubs often close around 11pm, which is probably when Muse will finish, so I suggest we go to Centertainment as although they are restaurants most have good bars :)

L.
10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Nah, I'll be at uni by then so I'll either be going back to halls, or crashing at the parents' :p Definitely :D what's this Etap? A hotel?

Yep Etap is the hotel next to the arena and the official hotel for the resistance sheffield 2009 :LOL:

So you'll be crashing back in the halls or your parents after the drinks then ;)

*OoS*
10-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Yep Etap is the hotel next to the arena and the official hotel for the resistance sheffield 2009 :LOL:

So you'll be crashing back in the halls or your parents after the drinks then ;)

Ooooh.... I might crash there if I get too legless ;) is there a bar there? We could just go there, sounds easiest :)

L.
11-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Ooooh.... I might crash there if I get too legless ;) is there a bar there? We could just go there, sounds easiest :)

Not sure if they have a bar but I will most certainly check!! I don't think you'll have any problems crashing there if you need to!

*OoS*
11-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Not sure if they have a bar but I will most certainly check!! I don't think you'll have any problems crashing there if you need to!

How much is it? If it's extortionate I'll just go home in a taxi :p

L.
11-06-2009, 12:56 PM
How much is it? If it's extortionate I'll just go home in a taxi :p

35 per room - otherwise I am quite sure one of us can "smuggle" you in one of our rooms - it's not like they gonna check how many people there are in each room!! :LOL:

You can always reserve one to be one the safe side as you don't have to pay for it until the day - if you choose a Flex room you can also cancel free of charge until the day before.

Spittle
11-06-2009, 06:51 PM
https://www.seetickets.com/gat/price.asp?code=398699&userid={119F86E2-A94C-4F29-BF0D-5ABECA280346}&filler1=gigsandtours

Hope this helps some people out [not touts >( ]

p24114
11-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Bugger! It's saying theres tickets still available when they've been sold! Since Friday I've been in the same situation 4 times now! I've pretty much constantly been refreshing my browser on seetickets and calling up every 10 minutes to try and get standing tickets :p Everytime they sell out before I get through. Surely this dedication must pay off at some point... it's so gutting when you think you're in with a chance of getting tickets and its just thrashed. Ah well, can only keep trying.

Spittle
11-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Perhaps I should have bought tickets when I refreshed the page (I have been doing it quite frequently) and posted them on here for the musers to buy.. oh well haha hopefully someone not looking to make a profit got them

mikethemuse
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
It's 21 weeks today, yay (yes, I do have a countdown on my computer, I'm just that sad/obsessed/fanatical delete as appropriate...)

newborn_assasin
12-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I was reading somewhere today that Matt alwas enjoys the first UK gig. He was saying that playing all over europe is fun but theres nothing like mplaying to your home crowd, and especially the first time after playin to european audiences.

It was something to do with V Festival.

Just thought this was relevant. I canny wait pet

Mistress
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
My photography teacher called me a lucky bugger today cos' I've got Muse tickets :LOL:
Apparently, she was on the laptop and the phone at the same time for an hour trying to get them bless her :LOL:

mapoftheglorious
12-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I was reading somewhere today that Matt alwas enjoys the first UK gig. He was saying that playing all over europe is fun but theres nothing like mplaying to your home crowd, and especially the first time after playin to european audiences.

It was something to do with V Festival.

Just thought this was relevant. I canny wait pet

That must have been the same article I was on about, about Matt saying nothing compares to the first UK tour date.

Time-Is-Running-Out08
12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I wonder if matt will have a new guitar

vibrantXhearts
12-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Just reserved a room at Etap. Oh yeaaaaaah.

Nattywba
12-06-2009, 07:36 PM

:D

*OoS*
12-06-2009, 09:19 PM

Is there a bar? Might pop in to see you guys after the gig if all the surrounding alehouses are shut :)

beanworld
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
It's 21 weeks today, yay (yes, I do have a countdown on my computer, I'm just that sad/obsessed/fanatical delete as appropriate...)

:eek: only 21 weeks? *sqeeee* Sounds like not too long when you say it like that :D

mapoftheglorious
12-06-2009, 10:22 PM
:eek: only 21 weeks? *sqeeee* Sounds like not too long when you say it like that :D

+1

and even less till the new album! :D

L.
12-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Is there a bar? Might pop in to see you guys after the gig if all the surrounding alehouses are shut :)

Can't see any info on their website - might have to call them to check... Otherwise we'll need to bring our own "beverages" - Etap hotels are too basic for the room minibar concept!!!

*OoS*
12-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Can't see any info on their website - might have to call them to check... Otherwise we'll need to bring our own "beverages" - Etap hotels are too basic for the room minibar concept!!!

ankhman
13-06-2009, 04:04 AM
I will be supplying a minibar from beneath my trenchcoat as well as selling pegs.

SilentGod
13-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey, if anyone wants to meet up in Leeds station on the way there then give me a shout. I want a carriage full of Musers on the day :D

MandyNau
13-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Just reserved a room at Etap. Oh yeaaaaaah.yay :D

L.
13-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I will be supplying a minibar from beneath my trenchcoat as well as selling pegs.

I look forward to meeting your well stock-up trenchcoat...

Manda
13-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Hey, if anyone wants to meet up in Leeds station on the way there then give me a shout. I want a carriage full of Musers on the day :D

Would do but I'm going down the day before :)

*waves to fellow Leeds muser*

*OoS*
13-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Muse pegs?! :eek: :D :LOL:

Yesss this meet is going to be proper good - Muse, booze and then snooooze :D

gunnpj01
13-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Would do but I'm going down the day before :)

*waves to fellow Leeds muser*

Hiya!

:LOL:

Me and a few others'll be at Sheffield from Horsforth (Y)

ShiGuy
14-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Hey, me and Time-Is-Running-Out08 will be staying at Etap... being 17 thats going to be a problem I bet... :D Just thought I'd say hi to all the Musers going to Sheffield and I look forward to seeing you guys there! 21 weeks to go!! Ah I can't wait, the suspense is horrible!

butterfliesallhavinfun
14-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi all, just thought I'd let people know who need a room that travelodge are having a sale, for stays between 1st Nov till Jan sommat or other. Starts 6am Thurs 18th June, rooms from 9.

Manda
14-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Just booked my room at the Etap

*OoS*
14-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Just booked my room at the Etap

:D Btw I'm sure that if there's any Musers without anywhere to stay I could try and persuade the parents to let them crash if there's an emergency accommodation problem :)

BeckyBliss
14-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyy everyone!

What time do people normally start queuing for the Sheffield venue ?

Time-Is-Running-Out08
14-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyy everyone!

That's something I wanna know aswell

mapoftheglorious
14-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyy everyone!

As early as 6am in some cases.
I'll be getting there midmorning.

vibrantXhearts
14-06-2009, 10:58 PM
During the 2006 tour, some people actually camped out overnight. At the end of November.

Fuck that for a laugh!!

*OoS*
14-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Seated means I can turn up whenever and have a proper sleep in a warm bed :D but I shall be joining you lot to say hello and squee in the queue :happy:

vibrantXhearts
14-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Seated means I can turn up whenever and have a proper sleep in a warm bed :D but I shall be joining you lot to say hello and squee in the queue :happy:

Same :awesome:

BeckyBliss
15-06-2009, 08:24 AM
As early as 6am in some cases.
I'll be getting there midmorning.

Wow, ok. What time would you advise to get there for if i wanted to get not right to the front but quite near ?

MandyNau
15-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Wow, ok. What time would you advise to get there for if i wanted to get not right to the front but quite near ?If you're not wanting barrier you can turn up anytime really as there is always a way to get near the front but noone will let go of the barrier once their there :LOL:

During the 2006 tour, some people actually camped out overnight. At the end of November.

Fuck that for a laugh!!
Ahhhh memories..... :p (thank god Wembley was in June tho haha)

*OoS*
15-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Same :awesome:

Ooooh where are you? :D I'm in 117, Block L :happy:

vibrantXhearts
15-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Ahhhh memories..... :p (thank god Wembley was in June tho haha)

Even though it absolutely PISSED it down around midday on the Saturday, and everyone got bloody soaked :LOL:

Er, haven't got a clue yet :LOL: Friend of mine has said I can have her spare ticket, not sure which block we're in though.

Mistress
15-06-2009, 05:23 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/pwoperrock.69110794

My next Musey purchase :awesome:

mikethemuse
15-06-2009, 06:07 PM
me and my mate should hopefully be getting down there for late afternoonish, I'm coming back home from york uni in the afternoon, to meet him in manchester, to get lift down to sheffield. Can't wait :D

Mistress
15-06-2009, 06:09 PM
me and my mate should hopefully be getting down there for late afternoonish, I'm coming back home from york uni in the afternoon, to meet him in manchester, to get lift down to sheffield. Can't wait :D

Coolio :)

NicT
15-06-2009, 07:54 PM

Er, haven't got a clue yet :LOL: Friend of mine has said I can have her spare ticket, not sure which block we're in though.

Block 106 :D

Seb-Star
16-06-2009, 08:28 PM
I got seated tickets Im going with my sister and she goes to sheff uni so i got somewhere to stay:)

bunerz
17-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Just reserved my room @ Etap- makes it all feel more real and exciting! We'll be coming down on the train from Leeds so will be on the lookout for any fellow Musers but coz we've got seats not standing we won't be going down insanely early!

blissfullymuse
17-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Im in block 2-something haha

Can meet up for Lulz and Beer before hand:happy:

vibrantXhearts
17-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Lulz and beer sound goooooooood.

bunerz
17-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Anyone in block 206?

Mistress
17-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Eep! :awesome:

Feeling epic excitement about upcoming gig

:happy:

Jade81
17-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Haven't vented enough excitement of late....

:dance::dance::party::awesome:

That's better. :)

gemma-d
18-06-2009, 12:17 AM
hi all i've tracked my tickets and i'm in block 219, row m seats 16 and my best friend is seat 17. i'll be setting off from Leeds Rothwell in the morning and skipping all day till i get to que, i can feel the excitment already bubbling up again

so hi to anyone that is heading there from near me i've got 3 seats in the back of my car mind you my husband doesnt like driving with me so i dont any one else would ....lol

Mistress
18-06-2009, 04:07 PM
hi all i've tracked my tickets and i'm in block 219, row m seats 16 and my best friend is seat 17. i'll be setting off from Leeds Rothwell in the morning and skipping all day till i get to que, i can feel the excitment already bubbling up again

so hi to anyone that is heading there from near me i've got 3 seats in the back of my car mind you my husband doesnt like driving with me so i dont any one else would ....lol

Depends if you play Muse on the way there :LOL:

newborn_assasin
18-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Im moving to Cyprus. Spontanious decision. Got fam over there. I wont bore you with the details.

I had to sell my Oasis, U2 and more painfully, Kasabian tickets to go.

But your a fool if you think im selling my Muse tickets, ill be flying back here on the 2nd, staying for Sheffield and then Brum, then flying back.

ME ME ME ME ME hahaha

Jade81
18-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Im moving to Cyprus. Spontanious decision. Got fam over there. I wont bore you with the details.

I had to sell my Oasis, U2 and more painfully, Kasabian tickets to go.

But your a fool if you think im selling my Muse tickets, ill be flying back here on the 2nd, staying for Sheffield and then Brum, then flying back.

ME ME ME ME ME hahaha

Sounds entirely sensible and reasonable to me!

gemma-d
18-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Depends if you play Muse on the way there :LOL:

yes i will be and i have excellent bass in the car it was a must when i bought it ;)

Mistress
20-06-2009, 11:07 AM
yes i will be and i have excellent bass in the car it was a must when i bought it ;)

Yaaay, bass :D

SpiralDale
20-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Tickets arrived this morning, Block 106 Row F

Mistress
20-06-2009, 01:29 PM

I gots ma tickeks this week also

:):):):):):):):):D

*OoS*
20-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Even though it absolutely PISSED it down around midday on the Saturday, and everyone got bloody soaked :LOL:

You can check on the Seetickets tracking system :happy:

NicT
20-06-2009, 02:12 PM

Oohhh...where did you buy them from? No sign of mine yet though :(

You're just in front of me, I'm block 106 row K. :D

Mistress
20-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Block 104 row G seats 1, 2 and 3

Dammit! I got excited again :ohmy::eek:

SpiralDale
20-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Sheffield Arena box office, always reliable for me :)

And yeah :D Unless I can get hold of some standing tickets, then these seats would go straight to Musebay...

NicT
20-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Sheffield Arena box office, always reliable for me :)

And yeah :D Unless I can get hold of some standing tickets, then these seats would go straight to Musebay...

I got mine from there too...hopefully they will arrive very soon then :D

vibrantXhearts
20-06-2009, 07:34 PM

gemma-d
23-06-2009, 09:37 AM
i havent had my tickets yet i got them from sheffield arena too.

I'm off to track them now i want mine now too then i can stroke them and get even more excited!!!!!!

Judderman
23-06-2009, 11:38 AM
i havent had my tickets yet i got them from sheffield arena too.

I'm off to track them now i want mine now too then i can stroke them and get even more excited!!!!!!

you know, you probably wont get them, until like a week before the gig... as with most gigs. :rolleyes:

Ash 92
23-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I was at the arena today for a UCAS convention thingy, and I was just stood there thinking 'In November I'm going to be stood here watching the best band on the planet, oooooh yeaaaaa' :LOL:

gemma-d
23-06-2009, 01:26 PM
you know, you probably wont get them, until like a week before the gig... as with most gigs. :rolleyes:

i think thats how its working i went on the tracker and it send expected date of dispatch september/october its so unfair i want them now now now !!!!!! *stomps feet*

I was at the arena today for a UCAS convention thingy, and I was just stood there thinking 'In November I'm going to be stood here watching the best band on the planet, oooooh yeaaaaa' :LOL:

how cool is that i would have been a little overwhemled i can go a little OTT wheni comes to muse

ChiliCobain
23-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Haven't got my tickets yet but I shall certainly be there my fellow Museonians :D

nuttyboy
23-06-2009, 11:02 PM
This'll be my first Muse gig and also first standing gig.

My tickets haven't come yet though.