PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Arena - Sheffield 04/11/09

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Olly.
05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah I guess they aren't big at all in the grand scheme of things, just being picky lol

Dark Wolf 1991
05-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah I guess they aren't big at all in the grand scheme of things, just being picky lol

Your display pics looks VERY familiar. Was you queing right at the front at the blue doors btw?

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 09:12 AM

it must take a good musical ear to hear these things.
i have no clue about music/instruments at all hardly, i picked up on a few things really. none with matts vocals though (suppose im biased ;) )

we got talking to one of the security guards at the front, and she said they were due to start bang on half 8, but there were technical difficulties.

i noticed about his guitar after the first song, wonder what was wrong?

also, the lighting on the tower matt was on wasnt lit for some of it, which ok didnt RUIN the gig, but it wasnt the impeccable standard i expected :P

he did have a couple of problems with his keytar (sp?), even i picked that up :P

and alot of the time you could see chris looking over at matt with a face like 'whats wrong now?' so obviously there were a few problems.

overall though, deffinitely did not ruin it one bit! xx

olliemuse
05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Dont forget Unintended second verse fail! :p and morgans resistance fail, feeling good is just a fail in itself, Matts weird guitar playing in the 3rd SS verse fail :p

Rockprincess666
05-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm off to see them at Liverpool later and i've been really annoyed at getting seating instead of standing, but listening to you lot makes me feel better, i might see more, so thanks!

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Dont forget Unintended second verse fail! :p and morgans resistance fail, feeling good is just a fail in itself, Matts weird guitar playing in the 3rd SS verse fail :p

lol once again i dont have that good ears, so i didnt pick up on any of this.
but, this is helpful lol, i could swear matt sang the wrong words in one song, like he sang the first verse again instead of the second. i duno lol cant even remember which song, so maybe just ignore that one :P

what happened in those fails you noticed?
xx

Dark Wolf 1991
05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm off to see them at Liverpool later and i've been really annoyed at getting seating instead of standing, but listening to you lot makes me feel better, i might see more, so thanks!

At least you get to see them at the end of the day.... I only wish I didnt que for 6 hours and standing through the gig for 2 hours straight :LOL:

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 09:24 AM

yeah by the sound of it you will! i was standing right at the front and missed all the visual stuff and lighting and that, not complaining like as i wouldnt have given my place up for the world, but would have been nice to have seen it all! xx

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 09:26 AM
At least you get to see them at the end of the day.... I only wish I didnt que for 6 hours and standing through the gig for 2 hours straight :LOL:

i know what you mean :P
stood up with no food, drink, or water between half 1 and half 11 last night, how i coped i dont know :P

oh, i lie, i got a splash of water from the security :P xx

Rockprincess666
05-11-2009, 09:26 AM

True! And i am really looking forward to it, i've seen them before and it was the best gig i've been to , untill seeing Green Day at Manchester last week where i thought they where on stage for the night! (2/3 hours in the end) Does anyone remember how long Muse where on for?

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 09:27 AM
True! And i am really looking forward to it, i've seen them before and it was the best gig i've been to , untill seeing Green Day at Manchester last week where i thought they where on stage for the night! (2/3 hours in the end) Does anyone remember how long Muse where on for?

started at 8.45 (supposed to be 8.30 but technical diffs) finishd at half ten.

pretty much exact to those times too xx

Rockprincess666
05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
yeah by the sound of it you will! i was standing right at the front and missed all the visual stuff and lighting and that, not complaining like as i wouldnt have given my place up for the world, but would have been nice to have seen it all! xx

Exactly, i just wanna try and get Doms drumsticks at the end and now thats out the window! At least i have tickets and i;ll be watching with a big (plastic) cup of wine!

olliemuse
05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
lol once again i dont have that good ears, so i didnt pick up on any of this.
but, this is helpful lol, i could swear matt sang the wrong words in one song, like he sang the first verse again instead of the second. i duno lol cant even remember which song, so maybe just ignore that one :P

what happened in those fails you noticed?
xx

Yeah that was the Unintended second verse fail :) just sang the first verse again haha, Resistance fail. Im sure morgan came in a beat early with his piano. And in SS, in the third verse instead of it being the flowing guitar riff, he tried to jazz it up, but it didnt fit the drums and bass at all :(

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Yeah that was the Unintended second verse fail :) just sang the first verse again haha, Resistance fail. Im sure morgan came in a beat early with his piano. And in SS, in the third verse instead of it being the flowing guitar riff, he tried to jazz it up, but it didnt fit the drums and bass at all :(

ohhhhh thats good not just me who noticed :P i was there singing along and thought, hang on, matts words are diff to mine :P
didnt notice either of the other two tbh, but then again throughout SS i had my head squidged between the barrier and the security men because it really was just a constant flow of crowd surfers. really did ruin alot of songs for us! xx

Rockprincess666
05-11-2009, 09:31 AM
started at 8.45 (supposed to be 8.30 but technical diffs) finishd at half ten.

pretty much exact to those times too xx

Cheers. I've heard they go round the back and meet fans so i'm hoping to get my cd signed! (and then the world ended and pigs could fly!)

Olly.
05-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Your display pics looks VERY familiar. Was you queing right at the front at the blue doors btw?

I was indeed at blue door.

Photos are uploading now to my flickr at http://flickr.com/ollyog

Leaving them to upload whilst I pop off to Dublin. :facepalm:

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Cheers. I've heard they go round the back and meet fans so i'm hoping to get my cd signed! (and then the world ended and pigs could fly!)

haha :P ooooh good luck then! i didnt bother, as i didnt actually get out of the standing area till like, ten to 11, then had to queue for merch too! hope you get signed!!! have loads of fun :D xx

Olly.
05-11-2009, 09:39 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2790/4077671606_936ea3093b.jpg

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 09:41 AM

Omg. :LOL::LOL:

Rockprincess666
05-11-2009, 09:46 AM

Isn't that Doms t-shirt? Do they just share clothes or what?!

Miss T
05-11-2009, 09:49 AM
<insert loud bursts of laughter>

Oh Matt, what the hell are you wearing? :LOL:
He looks like a crazy old aunt - you know the kind, all dressed up in glitter and other questionable things :LOL:

Suvi
05-11-2009, 09:51 AM
^ :LOL: i love the glasses! į-į AND TEH JACKET :pope:

James.
05-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Ididn't notice anything much wrong with the vocals on Exo, but the playing of the orchestral part on the synth sounded strange, I don't know if it was just the sound, or Morgan's playing.

CarrieB
05-11-2009, 10:15 AM

Love it! :D Very glam rock jacket! And I wondered whether the glasses would be that type. Matt and Dom do wear identical t-shirts but it may not be the same one. Matt wears it more though.

Thanks for all the reports. Great to hear that it was a great gig and everyone had a fantastic time :D (bar the problems caused by crowed surfers of course).

I hope Matt's sore throat clears up quickly if that is indeed the case. Not the best thing for a singer to suffer in the middle of a tour. Maybe the odd mistake, besides technical problems, was because he wasn't feeling too good but it sounds like he still gave it his all.

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Ididn't notice anything much wrong with the vocals on Exo, but the playing of the orchestral part on the synth sounded strange, I don't know if it was just the sound, or Morgan's playing.

i kow what you mean. could have been cos it was on synth rather than orchestra?
and i thought his vocals were fine in exo! xx

CarrieB
05-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I've just been told the sunglasses are called shutters.

James.
05-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Great pic!
I laughed when I saw the Bellamy come on with those sunglasses, and those shoulderpads! :LOL:

MortalKombatUltra
05-11-2009, 10:37 AM
anyone else thinks Matt looks like Dan Clark in those pics ?

CarrieB
05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
He seems to be really having fun with the fashion this tour!:D It's better having a selection of outfits I think than just one throughout as in the BHaR tour. Though he seems to be wearing the same t-shirt practically every night! :LOL:

Fall Out Boy
05-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh god, he's turning into Brandon Flowers.

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh get over it. If you were there, or could hear it, you wouldn't care...

Believe me, there were a lot of us there..and we cared.

I enjoyed the gig don't get me wrong, but they need to sort the fucking setlists out, it's getting BORING.

BORING!!!!!

EmilyW
05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
What can I say.. Wow.

lostkiwibird
05-11-2009, 10:50 AM

I love :awesome:The Bellamy is never boring. That jacket looks like its trimmed with Xmas tree baubles. He's finally gone mad after reading too much whining about his 'I'll wear it every night until it gets smelly' clothes the last tour :LOL: Speaking of whining, since they played 18 songs is everyone going to shut the fuck up now? No? :rolleyes: If y'all had one gig every 3 years you'd probably be more grateful :p

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
as you can probably see from my long post, i totally agree.

one person bust the main security mans nose too.

bless, he seemed lovely too!

xx

yeah i noticed his nose was bleeding too after..

also, crowd surfers can GTFO srsly.

I hardly saw any of Stockholm and Knights because every 5 seconds I was ducking to avoid getting kicked in the head by fucking crowd surfers.

I've never experienced so much pushing at a gig either, I couldn't even lift my arms up I had that little amount of room, I kept thinking "this is it, it's gonna be the first time i pass out at a gig" luckily I didn't but i could feel myself going a few times.

Also throughout like the 2nd half of the gig i constantly had someones hand in my face which was pissing me off just a bit and I turned round to get a glimpse of who is was and it wasn't the guy behind me, or the guy behind him, but the guy behind him!! Must have been stretch bloody armstrong!

On the plus side, Matt's jacket was bloody amazing :LOL: and i wanted those glasses :( if he'd have let go just a bit earlier they would have came in our direction :( knowing Olly's luck he would have got then :indiff: :p

L.
05-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Any giffable Dom photos? *hopeful* :D

Not too many of Dom I'm afraid as he was hidden behind a light and we got pretty shafted at the barrier which makes it hard to take pics.

Awesome :D Are you going to Dublin next? Hopefully they might mix it up a bit!

Nah but I might be meeting with Josse in Birmingham as she is not planning on queueing. Next is LULDON!!!

Just hitting wrong notes and undisclosed I think his keytar cut out, stockholm apparently chris' bass cut out.

The best still has to be the mega guitar fail at the beginning of Resistance :LOL:

Believe me, there were a lot of us there..and we cared.

I enjoyed the gig don't get me wrong, but they need to sort the fucking setlists out, it's getting BORING.

BORING!!!!!

:LOL:

You can hear Olly on my Nishe video going megaphone and you in the backgroung going FUUUUUUCK!!!!!

I agree with you with care but they can do a LOT better!

Apparently B told me there was a chris :wtf: face when he spotted our cheesy move and hand gesture during GL!!

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:05 AM
yeah i noticed his nose was bleeding too after..

also, crowd surfers can GTFO srsly.

I hardly saw any of Stockholm and Knights because every 5 seconds I was ducking to avoid getting kicked in the head by fucking crowd surfers.

I've never experienced so much pushing at a gig either, I couldn't even lift my arms up I had that little amount of room, I kept thinking "this is it, it's gonna be the first time i pass out at a gig" luckily I didn't but i could feel myself going a few times.

Also throughout like the 2nd half of the gig i constantly had someones hand in my face which was pissing me off just a bit and I turned round to get a glimpse of who is was and it wasn't the guy behind me, or the guy behind him, but the guy behind him!! Must have been stretch bloody armstrong!

jeeez thats some long stretch!
yeah i literally couldnt breath in most parts, people get so selfish. yeah ok i dont wana sound mardy cos obviously were all there to have fun and i didnt expect to have a little 2m radius around me for breathing space, but some people really just dont give a monkeys!
yeah i had my hands over the barrier, and up in the air alot cos there was literally nowhere to put them! felt bad cos i had said on here id tweet, but i couldnt even put my hand down never mind find my phone and use it!

did you enjoy it though?

suppose thats a daft question :P xx

Heli
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM

:LOL::LOL:

And Olly, your pics are amazing :eek: :awesome: !!! Seriously!

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
What can I say.. Wow.
well said :P xx

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Not too many of Dom I'm afraid as he was hidden behind a light and we got pretty shafted at the barrier which makes it hard to take pics.

Nah but I might be meeting with Josse in Birmingham as she is not planning on queueing. Next is LULDON!!!

The best still has to be the mega guitar fail at the beginning of Resistance :LOL:

You can hear Olly on my Nishe video going megaphone and you in the backgroung going FUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Apparently B told me there was a chris :wtf: face when he spotted our cheesy move and hand gesture during GL!!

where were you stood? i read a few pages back you were stood practically same place as me?!
xx

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 11:09 AM

Luldon is gonna be awesome for you guys! Wish I could be there but alas, school calls.

Chris spotted your cheesy moves during GL?? Oh man, that is epic. :LOL:

AlexB
05-11-2009, 11:11 AM
sounds like there were quite a few dicks about last night. if people want to jump around then go for it but when you start hurting people its time to stop

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:12 AM
sounds like there were quite a few dicks about last night. if people want to jump around then go for it but when you start hurting people its time to stop

yeah alot of people did get injured. fair play to having fun, but theres a line, and they did cross it! xx

Olly.
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm expecting to see those glasses on eBay shortly lol

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:17 AM

haha you mean they arent on already? :P xx

L.
05-11-2009, 11:18 AM
where were you stood? i read a few pages back you were stood practically same place as me?!
xx

I was at the centre barrier next to Olly.

Luldon is gonna be awesome for you guys! Wish I could be there but alas, school calls.

Chris spotted your cheesy moves during GL?? Oh man, that is epic. :LOL:

Luldon is gonna be a lot of fun as it's a big meet up as well... The zoo on Friday should be epic lul...

Shame you won't be with us tho.

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 11:21 AM

:LOL: :LOL: I loved the cheesy hand gestures!! :D I was trying to join in but i could hardly move haha!

It's just a shame that they don't seem willing to mix it up a bit, it was by far the worst Muse gig i've been to, yet I still enjoyed it :LOL: so what must that say about their other gigs I've been to? They can be so amazing, they're just becoming a bit lazy tbh!

Hahahah! I shouted "FUCK OFF!!" when i saw that bloody megaphone!! :LOL:
jeeez thats some long stretch!
yeah i literally couldnt breath in most parts, people get so selfish. yeah ok i dont wana sound mardy cos obviously were all there to have fun and i didnt expect to have a little 2m radius around me for breathing space, but some people really just dont give a monkeys!
yeah i had my hands over the barrier, and up in the air alot cos there was literally nowhere to put them! felt bad cos i had said on here id tweet, but i couldnt even put my hand down never mind find my phone and use it!

did you enjoy it though?

suppose thats a daft question :P xx

I did enjoy it, just not as much as other gigs. It's a shame coz they can do so much better! I can't believe the amount of cocks ups last night haha! I don't mind though, it's amusing :D

You couldn't have been to far away from us! If you saw the guy that got made to leave before The Big Pink coz he was like on drugs or something then we were like, right where he was pulled out haha!

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I was at the centre barrier next to Olly.

oh im not sure who olly is! were you on the front? :S i knew 8 people who were straight across the front barrier at centre, there was only one girl who was between us, was that you? (apologies if your male/not you). think she was from liverpool and she had been there since 4 am or something? xx

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 11:22 AM

:LOL: I wouldn't sell them! I'd wear them with pride hahah! I'd wear them to college :LOL:

I'd wear them to bed!!! :D :$

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Luldon is gonna be a lot of fun as it's a big meet up as well... The zoo on Friday should be epic lul...

Shame you won't be with us tho.

Oh yeah, I read about the zoo. Going to the meerkat enclosure? :LOL:

I see you on the 17th though, and they better fucking play MK Ultra. :D

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:24 AM
You couldn't have been to far away from us! If you saw the guy that got made to leave before The Big Pink coz he was like on drugs or something then we were like, right where he was pulled out haha!

ohhh we were very close! he was just to the right of us! i think i was bbang on in the very middle ( the pink centre line was next to my feet :P) yeah i saw him, he looked scary! xx

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:25 AM
:LOL: I wouldn't sell them! I'd wear them with pride hahah! I'd wear them to college :LOL:

I'd wear them to bed!!! :D :$

id get them permanently glued to my face ;) xx

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Some guy was being a complete fucking concrete post as I was trying to dance. HURT ME.

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 11:30 AM
ohhh we were very close! he was just to the right of us! i think i was bbang on in the very middle ( the pink centre line was next to my feet :P) yeah i saw him, he looked scary! xx
Haha! I imagine if he was just to the right of you then you were in the area where loads of the pushing forward was happening therefore got very squashed also haha!
id get them permanently glued to my face ;) xx

:LOL: As soon as I saw those glasses I just thought "Oh my god it's Lady GaGa!" He should have fucked Uprising off and played Paparazzi! :yesey:

L.
05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
:LOL: :LOL: I loved the cheesy hand gestures!! :D I was trying to join in but i could hardly move haha!

It's just a shame that they don't seem willing to mix it up a bit, it was by far the worst Muse gig i've been to, yet I still enjoyed it :LOL: so what must that say about their other gigs I've been to? They can be so amazing, they're just becoming a bit lazy tbh!

Hahahah! I shouted "FUCK OFF!!" when i saw that bloody megaphone!! :LOL:

I did enjoy it, just not as much as other gigs. It's a shame coz they can do so much better! I can't believe the amount of cocks ups last night haha! I don't mind though, it's amusing :D

Tbh I thought they had a lot more energy and fun on stage in Lievin but the cock ups were very entertaining :D

wtf is up with the BIg Pink? The amount of smoke was laughable... Are they shy or something? And the continuous strobe lights were very annoying.

btw they have to have heard some of our songs requests? We shouted MK Ultra and Dead Star quite a few time but I think the loudest ones were when we asked for Jimmy Kane... srsly they should get the msg that the setlist is boring is fans REQUEST Jimmy Kane :LOL:

oh im not sure who olly is! were you on the front? :S i knew 8 people who were straight across the front barrier at centre, there was only one girl who was between us, was that you? (apologies if your male/not you). think she was from liverpool and she had been there since 4 am or something? xx

No wasn't me (but I am a girl) I was next to a tall guy with black rimmed glasses and a girl with short blond hair and there was another really tall guy behind me (thanks Kieran for your close protection!!)

Oh yeah, I read about the zoo. Going to the meerkat enclosure? :LOL:

I see you on the 17th though, and they better fucking play MK Ultra. :D

Yep I iz getting a meerkat :yesey:

I really hope they shape up for the UK and French capital....

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
No wasn't me (but I am a girl) I was next to a tall guy with black rimmed glasses and a girl with short blond hair and there was another really tall guy behind me (thanks Kieran for your close protection!!)

ohhhh no not got a clue. tbh didnt really look behind me lol so could have been anyone there and i wouldnt have known :P enjoy the rest of the shows you go to! hope they improve for you xx

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Yep I iz getting a meerkat :yesey:

I really hope they shape up for the UK and French capital....

I want a pet meerkat now. :(

I've got Guiding Light in my head now, because of you! :LOL:

newborn_assasin
05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
well overall i had a good day :D

barrier was rather humerous....condom hullabaloons need a mention, plus mental dude at the start gettin turfed out, and lets not forget the most self conscious support band ever

my version of feeling good bass was way better then the original....

ya mom
ya mom
ya mom
ya mom ya mom ya mom

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Tbh I thought they had a lot more energy and fun on stage in Lievin but the cock ups were very entertaining :D

wtf is up with the BIg Pink? The amount of smoke was laughable... Are they shy or something? And the continuous strobe lights were very annoying.

btw they have to have heard some of our songs requests? We shouted MK Ultra and Dead Star quite a few time but I think the loudest ones were when we asked for Jimmy Kane... srsly they should get the msg that the setlist is boring is fans REQUEST Jimmy Kane :LOL:

Oh my god the strobing for The Big Pink...I had to look away! Was terrible! And the smoke hahaha! I was like "is there actually a band there?" :LOL:

"MK ULTRA MK ULTRA MK ULTRA!!" come on get the message guys...I'm sure they'll play it in time, but it's so popular with fans I don't get why they're not playing it now. I think it's gonna turn out to be like Assassin, fan favourite, rarely played. Which is a shame. The amount of people we saw after that said they were also shouting for it! Haha!

lol Jimmy Kane, imagine if they just broke into it? :LOL:

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM

barrier was rather humerous....condom hullabaloons need a mention, plus mental dude at the start gettin turfed out, and lets not forget the most self conscious support band ever

ya mom
ya mom
ya mom
ya mom ya mom ya mom

:LOL: yeah, then Paul popped one and kept it incase they played feeling good then towards the end of feeling good i tapped him in the shoulder and was like "do you still have that condom?" :LOL: and he threw it hahaha! Sadly didn't quite reach the stage though :(

MandyNau
05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Am hoooooome! About to run a bath whilst pics are uploading. YAY :happy:

L.
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM

ya mom
ya mom
ya mom
ya mom ya mom ya mom

Barrier was a lot of lulz! And your version of Feeling Good has to be the best :awesome:

Those hullaballoon condoms were ace and so many of them as well better than the real thing at one stage.

Oh my god the strobing for The Big Pink...I had to look away! Was terrible! And the smoke hahaha! I was like "is there actually a band there?" :LOL:

"MK ULTRA MK ULTRA MK ULTRA!!" come on get the message guys...I'm sure they'll play it in time, but it's so popular with fans I don't get why they're not playing it now. I think it's gonna turn out to be like Assassin, fan favourite, rarely played. Which is a shame. The amount of people we saw after that said they were also shouting for it! Haha!

lol Jimmy Kane, imagine if they just broke into it? :LOL:

Srsly I would have loved it if they had played Jimmy Kane - at least it's a change!

Driving back in the car this morning we had to skip TIRO, Feeling Good and New Born - just couldn't bear listening to them one more time :LOL:

Yeah I think you might be right about the MK Ultra and Assassin reference which is gonna be a shame if it turns out that way.

musingowl
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
OMG!!!
UNINTENDED!
Thats me done with Muse gigs then am sorted now I've heard it haha :D
I was in the end block (120) and as my girlfriend pointed out just as the big pink were finishing their set "they all seem to be right old and boring in here" looked around and it was like a scene from cocoon so I told her as soon as the lights go out we'll stand up and balls to everyone else, thew girls in front stood and sat in different stages the big chunk of the top part of the tier were really going for it like me and my girlfriend were but other people were just sat it seemed a trend in most of the blocks all young people standing dancing and going for it and all middle aged couples looking like they'd made a wrong turning on the way to the ballet :( plus I've never had as much problems with camera before with all jobsworth stewards tellin me what i could and couldn't do (because my camera has a flip out screen I was obviously recording the whole show :mad: ) but after a few words and a hand jesture to some idiot steward with a walkie talkie who made a stop camera altogether jesture to me (because I'm not sure if you notised but i was the only person taking any photo's last night) i got on with my night ;)
thought the gig started amazing then seemed to pitter patter a bit till supermassive came on and I was literally in heaven when Unintended came on the show was saved from all the bullying stewards and messing about trying to find any hoodies left and from then on I honestly can't remember enjoying a muse gig more absolutely unbelievable night :D

Just a little notice for future though for people who may want to go to a muse gig
I could have easily got standing tickets but my girlfriend sometimes struggles with gettin battered about for 90 mins so I got end block seats which seemed the sensible thing to do, half the people in the seated area would kill for standing tickets so will
stand anyway, If you are intending on seeing muse and sitting for the full duration get seats in the very back blocks, in a box or DON'T BOTHER TURNING UP YOU MARDY BAR-STEWARDS!!!!!

MUSEEEEEEE!

Olly.
05-11-2009, 11:59 AM
At gate now ready to board for Dublin, funtimes same set.

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
have fun watching the same gig :awesome: :LOL:
Barrier was a lot of lulz! And your version of Feeling Good has to be the best :awesome:

Those hullaballoon condoms were ace and so many of them as well better than the real thing at one stage.

Srsly I would have loved it if they had played Jimmy Kane - at least it's a change!

Driving back in the car this morning we had to skip TIRO, Feeling Good and New Born - just couldn't bear listening to them one more time :LOL:

Yeah I think you might be right about the MK Ultra and Assassin reference which is gonna be a shame if it turns out that way.

I didn't even notice there were any balloons til i saw them on the screen and was like wtf? I turned round and one just flew towards me :LOL: I was like "arrrrrrrgh" *poke* didn't get it though :( I remember popping one with my lightsabre at V...proud moment there :happy:

Hahaha Kieren kept listening to MK Ultra on the train home :LOL: his little face filled with disappointment...n'awwww :p ahah!

Popey
05-11-2009, 12:09 PM
+1 I think you're right, and somehow I have the impression Popey is not a big Matt fan

sounds like most people thought this was a great gig:happy:, I heard a rumour elsewhere that Matt had a sore throat... I wonder if that started because of the perception that they were using backing tracks?

He's alright :LOL:

I don't know I think I was just maybe expecting a bit too much from Exo. I don't think it'll ever be done properly until we get all three parts in succession with an orchestra. And bells doing fallsetto throughout. My expectations are too high I know :$

Olly.
05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I didn't even notice there were any balloons til i saw them on the screen and was like wtf? I turned round and one just flew towards me :LOL: I was like "arrrrrrrgh" *poke* didn't get it though :( I remember popping one with my lightsabre at V...proud moment there :happy:

Hahaha Kieren kept listening to MK Ultra on the train home :LOL: his little face filled with disappointment...n'awwww :p ahah!

Reminds me of the giant rolling boulder from Indiana jones... Without the running and chance of escape :LOL:

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 12:12 PM
He's alright :LOL:

I don't know I think I was just maybe expecting a bit too much from Exo. I don't think it'll ever be done properly until we get all three parts in succession with an orchestra. And bells doing fallsetto throughout. My expectations are too high I know :$

I don't think the expectations are too high at all, I think they're more than capable of doing it and I think they can. Orchestra would be difficult at arenas obviously, but one off gigs there's no reason why they can't play it all!

Just one part isn't worth it, they could have not played it and replaced it with something else.....MK Ultra maybe? :D haha!

madjackmcmad
05-11-2009, 12:12 PM

British crowds tend to be a bit moronic, I'd much rather go and watch them in Europe.

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Reminds me of the giant rolling boulder from Indiana jones... Without the running and chance of escape :LOL:

:LOL: You will not escape the hullaballooooooooon! Mwaaaaaaaahahahah! Thousands of fans running out of the arena and big balloons following them! Bouncing along....hmmmm...

like on the Prisoner haha! Isn't that where they got the idea for the balloons from anyway? That's what they'll do one day..when they get sick of us..which is probably already..they'll chase us away with the balloons :(

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
British crowds tend to be a bit moronic, I'd much rather go and watch them in Europe.

Having never seen them anywhere outside the UK...except Dublin I can't really comment but I've said I'm not going for the barrier at any other gigs I'm going to mainly because of the idiots in the crowd and lack of bloody air! But France i may, as I'm not sure what the crowds are like over there, may be better may be worse..if it is worse, I can always move back.

Florenceblue
05-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Glad that everyone had a good time last night. I canít understand the grumbles about the set-list. It works really well when you are there (though personally Iíd prefer Cave to FG). I suppose the fact that they have the final rehearsal set printed in the programme means that there really wonít be that amount of flexibility. When I spoke to a Muse-chap after the gig on Monday he could not give me a copy of the set-list because they were following the same list of songs most nights, so did not have one (?). The only list they did have were instructions for when the columns move. Olly's photos are fantastic (even the non-Muse ones!). Did anyone notice that they've definitely purchased a "dodgey" batch of balloons for this tour. They seem to be slightly misshapen (sad that Iíd even notice such a detail). I suppose you canít get total perfection but Muse do a good job at getting close to it! BTW I'd also say that seeing bands in other countries, other than the UK, is a much nicer experience.

lucidity
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Who knows what the box thing behind Matt is? :unsure:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/efc42/Muse%20Sheffield/IMG_1026.jpg

beeSides
05-11-2009, 12:21 PM

glad you made your flight :p

:chuckle:

garseys
That's his amp. Or least his stage one

L.

At least the security will have a different accent!

frances
It was an amazing gig in many different ways, I was on the barrier in front of Chris at the start but ended up about 5 rows back by the end as I was getting crushed:( I also got punched in the face by a half naked man who was being a complete dick and keept trying to grope people, he got in to a big argument with the girl next to me when he tried to light a cigarette and she took it off him, he tried to punch her and got me instead, the bouncers pulled him out after that I think:LOL:

Other than that I had a really great time, every one I met was really lovely:D Also the setlist worked a lot better than I thought it would, apart from Feeling Good, some one next to me shouted out 'Play Sunburn' at the start:LOL: Oh and the condom balloons were gross! and there were so many of them, seriously who brings that many condoms with them to a gig!?

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Oh boy :stunned:

epileptic people, you have to wonder why people are there if they have it.

Maybe certain people should set up their own thread about epilepsy and strobe lighting, as most of us don't give a flying fuck and are getting bored reading this shit.

I would also imagine those people would care enough to read a dedicated thread instead of trawling through this gig thread for medical advice.

Wow....that's just a few of the posts I'd quoted. Well done guys, on your full level of cuntishness and insensitivty. WELL DONE.

ANYWAY. I enjoyed last night, but I do agree that FEELING GOOD SHOULD DIE IN A FIRE. I turned my back to the stage, and was flipping the bird the whole way through. It needs to DIE. So over it.

Undisclosed Desires sounded so...empty. Like....the bit before the last chorus. There was nothing there! So so empty. I wanted to groove along properly, but I only could on the last chorus. It was so empty.

Unnatural Selection actually did melt my face. It was so EPIC. Like..until you hear it, you have NO idea. It's amazing.

I couldn't believe the amount of people who were sat down, or stood around with their arms folded just doing fucking NOTHING. Now, I get proper into Muse gigs, with headbanging, moshing, dancing, the works. There were others around doing the same, but we had these three guys stood around us, and they WOULD NOT MOVE and it was so fucking annoying. Just stood there being TALL. I am 5'6'' and I couldn't see ANYTHING hardly (I am surprised I got such good photos). OH AND THEN there was this girl who was just taking photos THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH with her massive camera and getting in the way. DANCE, BINT!

:mad:

Ugh. Yeah, so, I was dancing, and this CUNT kept elbowing me in my ribs and my LEFT BOOB, WHICH IS NOW BRUISED, YOU CUNT. Like...OW. But yeah. OUCH. I will not stand for people who just stand and look like miserable idiots.

Was awesome to meet up with more boardies again :happy: So many of you! :happy: :happy: Bring on London!

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I just got out of bed, again lol

Can't belive the dicks in the crowd, some sweat ridden emo had his arm stretched about a metre over my face.

Feeling goood!! yay!

MandyNau
05-11-2009, 12:25 PM
pics are uploaded :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandynau/sets/72157622614324017/

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Twas good meeting folk btw :D

L.
05-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh boy :stunned:

Wow....that's just a few of the posts I'd quoted. Well done guys, on your full level of cuntishness and insensitivty. WELL DONE.

+1

ANYWAY. I enjoyed last night, but I do agree that FEELING GOOD SHOULD DIE IN A FIRE. I turned my back to the stage, and was flipping the bird the whole way through. It needs to DIE. So over it.

+ fucking 1

After belting a loud NOOOOOOOO!!! I just folded my arms and refused to sing along srsly this song needs to go...

L.
05-11-2009, 12:29 PM

Nice to meet you too. Are you feeling okay today or slowly dying of pneumonia?

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 12:29 PM
+1

+ fucking 1

After belting a loud NOOOOOOOO!!! I just folded my arms and refused to sing along srsly this song needs to go...
THIS SONG. NEEDS. TO DIEE!

So irritating.

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I just got out of bed, again lol

Can't belive the dicks in the crowd, some sweat ridden emo had his arm stretched about a metre over my face.

Feeling goood!! yay!

Hiyaaaaaaaaa!! lol

That was possibly the same guy that had his hand in my face too! He was stretching from like a mile back! I was like "get off!!!!!!" :LOL:

troymellor
05-11-2009, 12:32 PM
THAT WAS MY FIRST EVER GIG, LET ALONE FIRST MUSE AN I LOVED IT TO BITS, IT WAS AMAZING I WANNA GO AN SEE THEM AGAIN, absolutely loved it, i will do anything to see them again, litrally, an the crazy things id do to meet them, IM SO GLAD THEY PLAYED STOCKHOLM SYNDROME (some of you might of heard someone shout play stockholm syndrome, that was me) though it woulda been nice if the goods were a little cheaper

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Nice to meet you too. Are you feeling okay today or slowly dying of pneumonia?
:LOL: I've got terminal pneumonia hha I'm still drying out!!

Ril
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM
At least the security will have a different accent!

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Hiyaaaaaaaaa!! lol

That was possibly the same guy that had his hand in my face too! He was stretching from like a mile back! I was like "get off!!!!!!" :LOL:
Hello!

He was a wanker, I just thought take a hint, I've moved your arm countless times :LOL:

I'm so dissapointed my pathetic throw of a condom didn't reach Matt :LOL:

madjackmcmad
BTW I'd also say that seeing bands in other countries, other than the UK, is a much nicer experience.

My next gig will be in France, Germany or Belgium. I know every country has idiots but if crowds at gigs in this country are anything to go by we're breeding more of them.

L.
:LOL: I've got terminal pneumonia hha I'm still drying out!!

Next time bring at least a jacket!!

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Next time bring at least a jacket!!
That would be too sensible :LOL: :D

BeckyBliss
05-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Had an amazing time last night, can't describe how amazing it was, bring on their next tour!!!! :D haha, pics up later

Nattywba
Hello!

He was a wanker, I just thought take a hint, I've moved your arm countless times :LOL:

I'm so dissapointed my pathetic throw of a condom didn't reach Matt :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: It like flew about 2 metres forward then just pitifully dropped to the ground haha! I wanted it to just land on his face :LOL:

Broken Inside
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2662/4077838444_fdd8422765.jpg

Me, during Feeling Good :LOL:

(picture is miss MandyNau's :happy:)

Also, check out RIDICULOUSLY TALL BOY. There were THREE OF THEM.

MandyNau
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Me, during Feeling Good :LOL:

(picture is miss MandyNau's :happy:)

Also, check out RIDICULOUSLY TALL BOY. There were THREE OF THEM.
Was that not the two plebs that just stood there rigid? :mad:

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Was that not the two plebs that just stood there rigid? :mad:
There was that guy in the checked shirt, and then two others! WANKERS.

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
:LOL: :LOL: It like flew about 2 metres forward then just pitifully dropped to the ground haha! I wanted it to just land on his face :LOL:
:LOL: yeah it started off quite promising, lets just pretend it did hit him :LOL: :D

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 12:45 PM
There was that guy in the checked shirt, and then two others! WANKERS.
Should have just pushed them

troymellor
05-11-2009, 12:46 PM
I am 5'6'' and I couldn't see ANYTHING hardly (I am surprised I got such good photos). OH AND THEN there was this girl who was just taking photos THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH with her massive camera and getting in the way. DANCE, BINT!

:mad:

i was right at the back, i had people in front texting an talking, people behind me on their phones an just talking guessing which song which was gonna be played, though like me, they were always wrong

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 12:47 PM
:LOL: yeah it started off quite promising, lets just pretend it did hit him :LOL: :D

hahaha! I might put it as my facebook status! :LOL:

I was half the brains behind the operation to knock Matt Bellamy out with a condom!

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Should have just pushed them

I did. The more I kept moshing, the more they were elbowing me :(

i was right at the back, i had people in front texting an talking, people behind me on their phones an just talking guessing which song which was gonna be played, though like me, they were always wrong

Sheffield seemed like a shit crowd, tbqh :(

L.
05-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Okay few pictures from last night that I managed to take when I wasn't either shafted around or hadn't people pulled over me :LOL:

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010389.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010473.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010578.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010659.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010674.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010741.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010747.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010773.jpg

wendymuse
05-11-2009, 12:52 PM

Yeah, you too - now you have to actually make it one of the Northern Muser Meetups ;):D

BeckyBliss
05-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I did. The more I kept moshing, the more they were elbowing me :(

Sheffield seemed like a shit crowd, tbqh :(

How far was everyone back? I couldn't see, was right at the front:happy:

Hulaloop
05-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Great pictures, L. God how close were you to the stage?!

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
hahaha! I might put it as my facebook status! :LOL:

I was half the brains behind the operation to knock Matt Bellamy out with a condom!

I'm putting it in my sig!

Yeah, you too - now you have to actually make it one of the Northern Muser Meetups ;):D

I'll try my best :LOL:

McJones
05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Awesome night, even though I was right at the back. sitting on the train home, gonna upload pics and vids later :)

Citizen Erased
05-11-2009, 01:05 PM
My god that was freaking amazing.

I stayed about two hours afterwards, we saw them come out and go into the bus...but they didn't come back. I bet though...that 5 minutes after we left they came out. :mad: :LOL:

beeSides
05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Did you and B have a good time? :D I heard you were at the barrier again!
we did and we were!...with several other fabulous folks from the board :awesome:

the pissing rain the last hour of queue though :noey: major suckage.

Just hitting wrong notes and undisclosed I think his keytar cut out, stockholm apparently chris' bass cut out.
i love the technical fails...proves the point that no matter how "well scripted" their production is there's going to be cockups. they should just chuck all that shit and play some full on shows :chuckle:

towers are growing on me though...with out the cages.
still wonder about safety though :erm:
at one point when the towers were going back up for usoe i could see dom's swaying quite a bit. i did not like that at all.

Oh god, he's turning into Brandon Flowers.
i said this a while back...and it's not a compliment either :LOL:

nice to meet you. next time wear a fucking coat! :p

L.
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Great pictures, L. God how close were you to the stage?!

Centre barrier - great views but a lot of pulling and shoving.

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 01:11 PM
we did and we were!...with several other fabulous folks from the board :awesome:

i love the technical fails...proves the point that no matter how "well scripted" their production is there's going to be cockups. they should just chuck all that shit and play some full on shows :chuckle:

towers are growing on me though...with out the cages.
still wonder about safety though :erm:
at one point when the towers were going back up for usoe i could see dom's swaying quite a bit. i did not like that at all.

i said this a while back...and it's not a compliment either :LOL:

nice to meet you. next time wear a fucking coat! :p
Dom dropped his drum stick during Feeling Good too! Chris looked over and started laughing, shame they don't drop the song...

:LOL: I saw the tower Dom was on shake several times, didn't look incredible safe :\ Dismantling them and reassembling every day for a couple of years won't be good!!

Mooks
05-11-2009, 01:11 PM
I apologise now if I ramble, I'm tired as I had to get up for work a few hours after the gig ended. We (myself and my parents) didn't turn up until the Big Pink had finished, my dad's knee was playing up, my back had been dodgy all day, but like hell we'd miss out on another Muse gig.

We were standing, Matt's side, near the sound desk. The atmosphere was quite good, most people infront were enjoying themselves (even those with balloon condoms - didn't see any blow up sheep and such).

There was a girl next to me who was dancing away like a looney (in a good way) but I wished more people were like her. I had a 6foot something bloke stood infront of me, who hardly moved an inch, I saw slight head movement to shitelight and Feeling Good. Seriously, people like that should get seated tickets imo. Some of the seated guys who were dancing around could've swapped.

I knew what the set list was going to be like, was hoping for MK Ultra and a small live symphony, but all in all it was quite a good gig. Got a couple of songs recorded on my phone as a keepsake, and I was too far back to get any decent photographs (didn't fancy being battered and bruised considering I was working in the morning). Exo wasn't as good as I was hoping (wasn't expecting it to be perfect), but it did sound as though Matt's voice was struggling a little, but I don't think it's anything major. The hiccups, like Matt's keytar, were nice reminders that the band isn't perfect, they're human, and people should treat them as such, including the record company (I'm in two minds thinking whether the bank has pushed themselves a little too much or it's the record company - who knows).

Oh dear, I'm rambling. I think I'll go to bed and wake up to notice there's 100 more pages to drag myself through. Think next time I might dress up a bit, and meet up with some of the other .mu members, so another year or two for another tour in the uk?... :LOL:

pluginbaby410
05-11-2009, 01:12 PM

i saw that too, didnt seem very safe! they were all swaying a bit really tho, especially the top parts, when them people were walking around in it! xx

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 01:13 PM

Awesome :awesome:

Aww, rain? :noey: We were lucky we missed it in Liťvin.

Christian
05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Was good but no citizen tho, my favourite :stunned:

beeSides
05-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Dom dropped his drum stick during Feeling Good too! Chris looked over and started laughing, shame they don't drop the song...
so *that's* what chris was laughing at :awesome:

tunnel vision :$

:LOL: I saw the tower Dom was on shake several times, didn't look incredible safe :\ Dismantling them and reassembling every day for a couple of years won't be good!!
yeah, the look so cool...but...

when i saw the first pictures/video of the towers i actually had nightmares of matt flying off of his by accident :stunned:

i have issues with heights. :$
those camera guys in their flipping little chairs above the stage :eek:

i saw that too, didnt seem very safe! they were all swaying a bit really tho, especially the top parts, when them people were walking around in it! xx

yeah...heights... :noey:

sade
05-11-2009, 01:18 PM
There was a girl next to me who was dancing away like a looney (in a good way) but I wished more people were like her. I had a 6foot something bloke stood infront of me, who hardly moved an inch, I saw slight head movement to shitelight and Feeling Good. Seriously, people like that should get seated tickets imo. Some of the seated guys who were dancing around could've swapped.

This pissed me off so much at Helsinki, 2/3 through the gig these three huge guys parked in front of me (I was 15 row-ish so there was some room) and talked to each other while two had their backs turned to the stage! On top of that, one of the guys smelled foul- absolutely disgusting. Other guy did some headbanging with his long hair but at completely weird times, like during a quiet moment- all in all it looked like they at a wrong concert or at leats at the very wrong section of the crowd :stunned:

Reading experiences from this thread makes me happy I didn't do the "let's see Muse play in their home country" thing...which I guess I already did though with the Tinmuff thing :LOL:

beeSides
05-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Awesome :awesome:

Aww, rain? :noey: We were lucky we missed it in Liťvin.

it was sooo cold mozzie...it rained off and on during the day...josse was even freezing...but we all kept each other warm and happy.

until that last hour outside. fecking downpour :rolleyes:

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 01:20 PM
it was sooo cold mozzie...it rained off and on during the day...josse was even freezing...but we all kept each other warm and happy.

until that last hour outside. fecking downpour :rolleyes:

Colder than Liťvin? Brrrr, I feel for you! Did you huddle up together while playing Dead Star? :awesome:

Hulaloop
05-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Centre barrier - great views but a lot of pulling and shoving.

Fantastic! Well, being close not the pulling and shoving!

I've sadly got a seated ticket (O2), but will be going bananas regardless. Can't wait!

SpiralDale
05-11-2009, 01:21 PM
We were seated and were going mental, wish we could've got Standing tickets :(

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I know there were some dicks in the crowd but it was quite a tame gig compared to ones I've been to in the past, Newcastle '06 & Wembley Arena '06 were ridicolous.

BeckyBliss
05-11-2009, 01:25 PM
So anyone got any pics?

Tom!
05-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Some of my pics here, hardly any of them are any good but better than nothing.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=120330&id

kev
05-11-2009, 01:32 PM
was quite odd looking out into the crowd to see circle pits during motp haha

beeSides
05-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Colder than Liťvin? Brrrr, I feel for you! Did you huddle up together while playing Dead Star? :awesome:

yeah...there wasn't a good queue crowd for sheffield like there was in lievin though. there were less than 20 people until about 3pm or so :chuckle:

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
yeah...there wasn't a good queue crowd for sheffield like there was in lievin though. there were less than 20 people until about 3pm or so :chuckle:

Lucky! :chuckle: Still can't believe people started queuing at 4am though.. metal. :noey:

L.
05-11-2009, 01:35 PM
So anyone got any pics?

Okay few pictures from last night that I managed to take when I wasn't either shafted around or hadn't people pulled over me :LOL:

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010389.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010473.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010578.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010659.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010674.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010741.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010747.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010773.jpg

:D

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Lucky! :chuckle: Still can't believe people started queuing at 4am though.. metal. :noey:
4am??? That is stupid

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 01:37 PM
4am??? That is stupid

It's France. :D

BeckyBliss
05-11-2009, 01:38 PM

Amazing pics :D Il put mine up later :)

EasyTigrr
05-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Fantastic photos! I only got 1 or 2, which certainly arn't worth posting because I was far too far back in the seated area ;/

Despite that though - I had an absolutely amazing night last night - just want to make sure I get standing tickets for next time!

mikethemuse
05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
My 2 cents, I thought the gig was brilliant. Some people'll knock the setlist, but as it was my first Muse gig, didn't matter to me. Everyone knocks Feeling Good live, but I actually thought it was very good, as was Guiding Light. The crowd seemed pretty ok, there seemed to be a few people who left after Uprising though, not sure whether they'd got hurt in the pushing or something. Hope they're ok. Can't really pick a favourite/s song/s, because I just enjoyed the whole experience. Was worried it wouldn't be amazing with all the talk about setlists and such, but the performance blew those concerns away. Ok, would've loved MK Ultra, but we got 18 songs (+ Nishe), all of which I love, so I was over the moon. Hope everyone else who went enjoyed the gig :)

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM

I'm putting it in my sig!

I've also sigged it :LOL:

L.
05-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Amazing pics :D Il put mine up later :)

Thanks! I'll upload some videos in a bit as well :happy:

Ril
05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks! I'll upload some videos in a bit as well :happy:
Ooh you have videos? ;)

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Et voila!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurenhealy/sets/72157622739362478/

:)

L.
05-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Ooh you have videos? ;)

:pimp:

Sorry the beginning is a bit blurry/shaky as someone (yet again) got pulled out behind me and it took a while to get the focus back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHJ7LXB3JM

Second video is as much for the lulz as the performance: B shouting "thank you!" at the beginning, Olly mentioning the megaphone and Natty's response to it :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TV6nKLN3hQ

Suvi
05-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Second video is as much for the lulz as the performance: B shouting "thank you!" at the beginning, Olly mentioning the megaphone and Natty's response to it :LOL:
i lolled. AAAAARGH! :LOL:

L.
05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
i lolled. AAAAARGH! :LOL:

Evidence of Matt's crime!!

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010373.jpg

More photos...

http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/?start=all

My favourite has to be...

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010743.jpg

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 02:48 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3489/4077217149_579771de9b.jpg
:happy:

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3489/4077217149_579771de9b.jpg
:happy:

Chris :happy:

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Chris :happy:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3483/4077221673_79987d1eb9.jpg

I have a lot :$

Suvi
05-11-2009, 02:53 PM
CHWIIISH :happy:

xCitizenErasedx
05-11-2009, 02:53 PM
omg what a night!!! may have been sat down but dancing in the aisles was fun :)

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 02:54 PM

:$ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"FUCK OOOOOOOOOFFF!"

Hahahah! Then Olly's "ARRRRRRRRGH!" LOL!

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 02:54 PM

"FUCK OOOOOOOOOFFF!"

Natty, you then going "I'm off, BYE!"

Mozzie
05-11-2009, 02:56 PM

Nothing wrong with that ;)

Ash 92
05-11-2009, 02:57 PM
It was an amazing gig in many different ways, I was on the barrier in front of Chris at the start but ended up about 5 rows back by the end as I was getting crushed:( I also got punched in the face by a half naked man who was being a complete dick and keept trying to grope people, he got in to a big argument with the girl next to me when he tried to light a cigarette and she took it off him, he tried to punch her and got me instead, the bouncers pulled him out after that I think:LOL:

Other than that I had a really great time, every one I met was really lovely:D Also the setlist worked a lot better than I thought it would, apart from Feeling Good, some one next to me shouted out 'Play Sunburn' at the start:LOL: Oh and the condom balloons were gross! and there were so many of them, seriously who brings that many condoms with them to a gig!?

I was right next to that girl arguing with that topless guy :LOL:

L.
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM

There is nothing wrong with that - you can never have too much chris :happy:

"FUCK OOOOOOOOOFFF!"

Told you: forget Nishe this video is just worth it for the lulz!! :LOL:

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 03:06 PM
There is nothing wrong with that - you can never have too much chris :happy:

Told you: forget Nishe this video is just worth it for the lulz!! :LOL:
Every time Natalie is on a Youtube video, it's lulzy:

PAR EXAMPLE:

V-sGNyUzULw

aRDZK2sUvGA

Broken Inside
And this:

EUYdx4mX9cs

To be honest, that last one is just me :$
"OH MY GOD!!!!!!"

Olly.
All photos now uploaded at http://flickr.com/ollyog

Citizen Erased
05-11-2009, 03:07 PM
I have to say, the majority of the crowd were brilliant. The seated people didn't stand up, and as I wasn't feeling well that night I was glad I could sit down and enjoy it instead of HAVING to stand up :) The lights were fantastic. The whole visual effects thing was amazing. I'm going to remember that night for the rest of my life, my first Muse gig :)

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 03:08 PM

"FUCK OOOOOOOOOFFF!"

Haha!! Thats amazing :D

SpiralDale
05-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Anyone record Eurasia in good quality?

Was strangely one of my favourites of the night :happy:

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Great pics Olly

mikethesmallprint
05-11-2009, 03:14 PM
what were the set times for the sheffeild gig ?

anyone ?

SpiralDale
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I have to say, the majority of the crowd were brilliant. The seated people didn't stand up, and as I wasn't feeling well that night I was glad I could sit down and enjoy it instead of HAVING to stand up :) The lights were fantastic. The whole visual effects thing was amazing. I'm going to remember that night for the rest of my life, my first Muse gig :)

Eh? :LOL: Our block and the ones I can see were all stood up, I'd have hated if they were seated, would've killed the mood

Edit: No disrespect to you there btw, if you weren't feeling well then fair doos :P

Ash 92
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Did anyone else see the guy who was really spaced out? He'd obviously taken something.

He had short hair and a beard and was just stumbling his way towards the front on Chris' side and then security took him away.

I just thought, what a waste of a ticket cos he wasn't aware of anything that was going on around him.

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
what were the set times for the sheffeild gig ?

anyone ?
SOMEWHERE IN THE PM AREA OF TIME.

I can't remember, I was too giggly.

.Paul.
Did anyone else see the guy who was really spaced out? He'd obviously taken something.

He had short hair and a beard and was just stumbling his way towards the front on Chris' side and then security took him away.

I just thought, what a waste of a ticket cos he wasn't aware of anything that was going on around him.
Yeah one word for him, cunt.

The last straw was when he was laid asleep on some lads back and security pulled him out

.Paul.
SOMEWHERE IN THE PM AREA OF TIME.

I can't remember, I was too giggly.
Big Pink came on about 7.30 and Muse about 8.45...I think

Citizen Erased
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Eh? :LOL: Our block and the ones I can see were all stood up, I'd have hated if they were seated, would've killed the mood

Edit: No disrespect to you there btw, if you weren't feeling well then fair doos :P

Yeah, I really wanted to be in standing until I got there and started feeling ill. I just wanted to sit down for the gig then, therefore I could concentrate on watching everything without feeling ill :) I stood up for Knights though. Everyone gradually stood up when Chris started with his harmonica XD

And I don't think sitting down killed the mood...we still got to see them and I didn't WANT to jump around and get hit in the face :chuckle: I wanted to be able to take EVERYTHING in on my first Muse gig.

frances
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM

Yep I think he fell on me at one point :noey:

L.
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Every time Natalie is on a Youtube video, it's lulzy:

PAR EXAMPLE:

V-sGNyUzULw

And this:

EUYdx4mX9cs

To be honest, that last one is just me :$
"OH MY GOD!!!!!!"

OMG that first video is win!!! Is that Charlie holding Kev's picture? :LOL:

Stopped the "OH MY GOD!!!!!!" straight away as well...

I still hate you all for being at the RAH when I couldn't get a ticket!! :p

Great pics Olly - really don't see why you want to change camera.

eleven01
05-11-2009, 03:29 PM

Hey man, just been checking out your photos, they are absolutely amazing, they look like pro shots, are you a photography enthusiast or something?

beeSides
05-11-2009, 03:40 PM

i have no :srsb33f: with that :chuckle:

Broken Inside
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
i have no :srsb33f: with that :chuckle:
Hello hello :happy:

Furygirl
05-11-2009, 03:47 PM

My favourite has to be...

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Nature_1/Muse%20Sheffield%20Nov%2009/P1010743.jpg

Wowsers. :eyebrows:

And :awesome: pics, Olly!

Nattywba
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Natty, you then going "I'm off, BYE!"

:LOL: :LOL: I don't think that was me haha! Whoever it was though... :LOL:

leetroot
05-11-2009, 04:25 PM
wow olly's pics are great. in between that and the crowd surfers i'm surprised he saw any of the gig. :LOL:

i had a good time. i can out boing anyone and just kept going through every song except the rather dull lull in the middle which was IMO a bit of a mistake. i am always amazed that people aren't compelled to dance because i cannot help myself (though if you see me dancing you will think i need help :LOL: ) but each to their own etc.

my friend thought the whole thing was horrendous :LOL: (not into muse at all) but i forgive him as drove for 4 and a half hours to get me to the gig, got me a setlist from the sound desk after the gig and found out what the kirk does during the show ("twiddles with his knobs" ) photographic evidence should follow.

i thought the sound was pretty awful. too loud which caused a lot of fuzziness and matt's vocals were often drowned out. there was someone there with a sound monitor thing having discussions with those at the desk but what that was about, who knows? if you're not into muse and you can't hear it properly, it doesn't really help.

C1T1Z3N ERASED
05-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Gig was brilliant, but I felt really restricted because I had a seating ticket and couldnt mosh 'effectively'. :happy:

I agree that the sound was a bit fuzzy. Though the whole thing was a brilliant experience.

kaisercat
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Thought the 3 towers effect was fantastic, loved all the lighting and video on them. Also liked the way the band were at different levels so people could get better views.

Loved the mosh during Time is Running Out and Plug In Baby.

Only thing I would have liked is a surprise of an old one, just one, would have been nice. Exogenesis Part 1 was a bonus though

McJones
05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Anyone record Eurasia in good quality?

Was strangely one of my favourites of the night :happy:

yep but im having trouble with youtube :(

i'll post the links here when its done

Katieejordan
05-11-2009, 05:25 PM
I THOUGHT IT WAS AMAZING :D:D:D:D :musesign:
it would of been better if i was a l
little bit further but i still enjoyedmyself!
totally didnt expect Unintended, but i though it was great! didnt sit down all the way through just kept dancing and singing very loudley :awesome: eeee! not very good pictures though but some good videos, any links to good photos? :D

Ash 92
05-11-2009, 05:25 PM
The only two pics I took using my poor camera phone.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs075.snc3/14236_165148047363_662972363_2730396_6677041_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs055.snc3/14236_165148072363_662972363_2730400_6038193_n.jpg

lukester911
05-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Got freaked out when old bellz was shining that handheld laser at the crowd....

recruitment for some resistance army lol.

he looked a little like the demon headmaster if I'm honest :LOL:

Dom on the other hand looked a little gaunt under the eyes, not sure he was perfectly well, seemed to perk up around exogenesis but through the first songs he looked knackered.

sparkle19
05-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I THOUGHT IT WAS AMAZING :D:D:D:D :musesign:
it would of been better if i was a l
little bit further but i still enjoyedmyself!
totally didnt expect Unintended, but i though it was great! didnt sit down all the way through just kept dancing and singing very loudley :awesome: eeee! not very good pictures though but some good videos, any links to good photos? :D

Olly's seem to be the best, which he posted a link to earlier.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ollyog

Katieejordan
05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
was anyone in block 208 or near? when USoE was noone else was singing at the beginning and i started singing and people laughed at me :( lol but i managed to poke a ballon lol :D

Katieejordan
05-11-2009, 05:38 PM

looking at them now, there great! :D

Epona99
05-11-2009, 05:41 PM

they are just amazing, I especially like the one where it looks like Matt is kissing the guitar;)

CarrieB
05-11-2009, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=L.;6701388]:pimp:

Sorry the beginning is a bit blurry/shaky as someone (yet again) got pulled out behind me and it took a while to get the focus back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHJ7LXB3JM

Poor Bells! If he had a sore throat there I was feeling his pain! I think, though this is actually one of the better performances of Unintended. Thanks for posting.

pauljoecoe
05-11-2009, 05:57 PM
OMG!!!
If you are intending on seeing muse and sitting for the full duration get seats in the very back blocks, in a box or DON'T BOTHER TURNING UP YOU MARDY BAR-STEWARDS!!!!!

MUSEEEEEEE!

I wonder why you think everyone must act the way you like to at a gig. I was there standing last night because that was the only tickets I could get. I am a big Muse fan and have seen them 4 times. This was the worst of all 4 as my enjoyment of Muse was ruined by your 'going for it' type of person, I paid to hear muse but got to hear due to out of tune singing in the sing a long ones from girls around me, chatting and shouting during quieter moments such as untended. I got pushed over and elbowed, stood on etc during the faster, louder stuff and covered in warm beer (or worse who knows) twice.

Now I like muse because they are quality musicians producing quality music but sadly the deeper nuances of matts writing are clearly lost on the majority of thick yobs in the standing area who don't come to listen to music but exhibit all worse aspects of the human condition i.e. selfishness, lack of consideration and no idea of how their behaviour can impact on others enjoyment.

If someone wants to enjoy a gig but not jump around, push others, scream, shout and and not pay any attention to the band then why shouldn't they.

I think a lot of people have forgotten what going to a gig is about. Its the music and watching people you admire perform. I think a lot of the behaviour in the standing part of Sheffield arena last night is a sad reflection of a big part of British society.

pauljoecoe
05-11-2009, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=L.;6701388]:pimp:

Poor Bells! If he had a sore throat there I was feeling his pain! I think, though this is actually one of the better performances of Unintended. Thanks for posting.

Hmm..illustrates my point exactly....who is ruining this performance by shouting all over it? Why on earth have they paid to go to this gig and spent all that effort getting to the front only to ignore matt?

davyb89
05-11-2009, 06:01 PM
can anyone tell me what time Muse came on?? and what time the support did too please?? thank you!

CarrieB
05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Hmm..illustrates my point exactly....who is ruining this performance by shouting all over it? Why on earth have they paid to go to this gig and spent all that effort getting to the front only to ignore matt?

I don't think there's anything wrong with dancing and singing along, that's all part of the gig experience, and most recording equipment will pick up closer sounds, it's not how it really sounds when you're there, but it is annoying when people talk through the quieter songs.

I'm glad I have a seat anyway, even though I doubt I will spend a lot time sitting on it! Though it will be further away. I don't really think I could cope with being in the Mosh pit. Incidentally I've been told that they make you sit down in the seats at the O2 which I'm not too happy with.

sparkle19
05-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with dancing and singing along, that's all part of the gig experience, and most recording equipment will pick up closer sounds, it's not how it really sounds when you're there, but it is annoying when people talk through the quieter songs.

I'm glad I have a seat anyway, even though I doubt I will spend a lot time sitting on it! Though it will be further away. I don't really think I could cope with being in the Mosh pit. Incidentally I've been told that they make you sit down in the seats at the O2 which I'm not too happy with.

Ive been to the O2 about 7/8 times now, and Ive never been told to sit down (not by people who work there anyway). It's the boring fans who sit through the whole gig who will probably moan at you for standing up.

HaiHopes
05-11-2009, 06:25 PM
The gig was amazing but i was actually worried for the safety of my mum, my friend and myself during the first few songs.

When we first went in we were like "...where shall we go....?" So we just kinda went in the middle. Then realised that was a stupid idea as that's where it gets the most rough. So we then moved to Chris' side and thought we were gonna be ok. When Muse came on we were still apparently in the mosh pit and had to move to the barrier on the right hand side. We got more room there, had no-one pushing us around and we could see a hell of a lot more clearly. (And also Matt came over to us later to sing TIRO :D)

Only then did we really start to enjoy ourselves. From that point on the gig was fantastic! :D

pauljoecoe
05-11-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm quite happy to stand in seats. The best compromise really. You can relax inbetween acts, wander off to get a drink without the hassle of fighting to get your place back and then stand and enjoy the gig without being pushed around. It was like that at the Cold play gig at the NIA.

I think they should create a large mosh pit at the back of the auditorium for all the boring fuckers who just want a big scrap.

emzlilachouse
05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I really cannot be bothered to go back through many pages trying to find the whole setlist so im just going to ask. What was it

DMTaylor90
05-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I really cannot be bothered to go back through many pages trying to find the whole setlist so im just going to ask. What was it

1. Uprising
2. Resistance
3. New Born
4. Map of the Problematique
5. Supermassive Black Hole
6. Guiding Light
7. Hysteria
8. United States of Eurasia
9. Feeling Good
10. Unintended
11. Undisclosed Desires
12. Starlight
13. Plug in Baby
14. Time is Running Out
15. Unnatural Selection
Encore
16. Exogenesis Part 1: Overture
17. Stockholm Syndrome
18. Knights of Cydonia

As per. really :)

emzlilachouse
05-11-2009, 07:10 PM
1. Uprising
2. Resistance
3. New Born
4. Map of the Problematique
5. Supermassive Black Hole
6. Guiding Light
7. Hysteria
8. United States of Eurasia
9. Feeling Good
10. Unintended
11. Undisclosed Desires
12. Starlight
13. Plug in Baby
14. Time is Running Out
15. Unnatural Selection
Encore
16. Exogenesis Part 1: Overture
17. Stockholm Syndrome
18. Knights of Cydonia

As per. really :)

Well thats shit..

Twonkie
05-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Actually it was amazing! I take it all back, I had a whale of a time!
And I'm sorry for mot meeting anyone, someone in the pub knocked me phone out of my hand and it broke :'(

Xav
05-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Dunno if anyone talked about this again today as some videos have been posted on YouTube, but is it still possible Matt was not singing for real during Exo - Overture yesterday evening ?
In my opinion, I'd say he was actually singing and not using a recorded track or so...

A "good" link to a vid. It's pretty much the best I could find cause there's actually only 4 vids of Exogenesis Overture :

=> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDIKRyQunF4

Charlotto
05-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I wonder why you think everyone must act the way you like to at a gig. I was there standing last night because that was the only tickets I could get. I am a big Muse fan and have seen them 4 times. This was the worst of all 4 as my enjoyment of Muse was ruined by your 'going for it' type of person, I paid to hear muse but got to hear due to out of tune singing in the sing a long ones from girls around me, chatting and shouting during quieter moments such as untended. I got pushed over and elbowed, stood on etc during the faster, louder stuff and covered in warm beer (or worse who knows) twice.

Now I like muse because they are quality musicians producing quality music but sadly the deeper nuances of matts writing are clearly lost on the majority of thick yobs in the standing area who don't come to listen to music but exhibit all worse aspects of the human condition i.e. selfishness, lack of consideration and no idea of how their behaviour can impact on others enjoyment.

If someone wants to enjoy a gig but not jump around, push others, scream, shout and and not pay any attention to the band then why shouldn't they.

I think a lot of people have forgotten what going to a gig is about. Its the music and watching people you admire perform. I think a lot of the behaviour in the standing part of Sheffield arena last night is a sad reflection of a big part of British society.

Im scared :(:(:(
Im only little! Going nowhere near the middle. As far to the side as we can

igotostmungos
05-11-2009, 07:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't the best it could have been, and I can relate totally. Last night I was quite near to the front and was central. Now unfortuantely for me I'm only 5'2" so I didn't have much of a view to start with, but when Uprising kicked in I literally couldn't see anything, and now had no breathing room, it was as if people couldn't see me. Everyone was trying to surge forwards and I was pushed back and forth constantly. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.
But luckily for me, there was a kind gentleman who was standing near me who had noticed I'd started to faint. Thinking fast, he managed to force people away to form a circle around me with his arms, creating a small gap in the crowd for me.
Thanks to him I was able to enjoy the rest of the concert, as people didn't really push me around anymore (probably because they could see me now).
Yes there were the few mosh pits that I skimmed the edge of, and yes there were a selection of people who had decided to force there way further forward (even when there was clearly no room at all), but it was Muse I went to see, and strangely Muse who made me feel better. Amazing what a great song can do for the soul ;)
I just wanted to say this as it seemed that your experience lowered your opinions of soceity, and although I agree there were a lot of moronic fans last night, it's good to know that they're not all bad :)

As for me, I came home with a completely bruised foot, covered in other people's sweat, sneezing with cold from the rain from queueing, a purse that was £53 lighter; and the memory of seeing the best band I could ever imagine seeing in my life.

Look on the bright side, eh?

HaiHopes
05-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Im scared :(:(:(
Im only little! Going nowhere near the middle. As far to the side as we can

You'll be alright on the side that's where i went cause it became too much for me in the middle. Plus you'll most probably get a better view.

CarrieB
05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Dunno if anyone talked about this again today as some videos have been posted on YouTube, but is it still possible Matt was not singing for real during Exo - Overture yesterday evening ?
In my opinion, I'd say he was actually singing and not using a recorded track or so...

A "good" link to a vid. It's pretty much the best I could find cause there's actually only 4 vids of Exogenesis Overture :

=> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDIKRyQunF4

I would say that Matt is definitely singing and it looks and sounds amazing so thanks for that!:)

L.
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM

I am sorry but I took this video and I listened to it again and I can't hear anybody shouting over it :erm:

I agree that some people in the standing area where real yobs and were only interested in moshing hard and have no interest in the music or just talk rubbish, however the majority of the people around me where there to enjoy the music and people express and react to music differently.

As much as you personally enjoy sitting back and enjoy taking the music in some people feel compel to respond my jumping to the beat (or the riff) and singalong as well - music is infectious and it's just their way to show their enjoyment and appreciation. As much as they should respect how you react to music you also need to respect theirs even if it's different from yours.

*OoS*
05-11-2009, 08:11 PM
AWESOME. BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN, as usual :LOL:

Hungover, lol.

I don't know why people complain about the setlist, we got Nishe, Interlude AND Unintended! Awesomesauce. But yeah, Feeling Good instead of Bliss? Pfft.

Weirdly, that was the one song that the whole crowd sang to.

Can't choose a best moment or song, really, it's gone into a dreamlike blur lol I was jumping up and down like a maniac, and it was great meeting some boardies (some for the second time) in the pub :happy:

Love it when Matt turns his guitar right up for solos/bits that are usually quieter, Stockholm really stood, him letting us sing during PIB and TIRO :D

"SIA! SIA! SIA!"

KoC singalong, of course. The freestyling riff in US. Everything. All of it. The costumes, set up,... Matt in sunglasses :LOL:

... And all again on Monday! :D:D:D :awesome:

leetroot
05-11-2009, 08:22 PM
these arguments over the audience always happen after a gig :LOL: one persons cup of tea is not the same as anothers.

i would say the standing audience at a gig is always split into pretty distinct areas ("you" not being anyone in particular here)

the front row where you will be crushed, kicked by crowdsurfers, sweated over by smelly people, forced to listen to hideous singalongs.

the middle section where you will be shoved and barged into, knocked over, kicked by crowdsurfers, sweated over by smelly people, forced to listen to hideous singalongs

the rear section where you can see, do what you like and move away from those who are annoying you.

the very back where you can slump comatose from drink on the floor

i recommend the rear if you don't like what comes with the other areas. it is a fallacy to think that you can see better at the front. this only applies to the first couple of rows as once you are pressed up against a load of people, you cannot see through them. if you stand further back you can position yourself to see over the crowd. if you are that short, you seriously would be better off in a seated area as you can still get up and dance but you will be able to see everything.

i have been in all sections at many different types of gig. there are of course people enjoying the gig in their own way in all areas but at least at the rear, you can move away from them so i recommend that.

Davey
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
This was the first MUSE gig i ever went to..I met some cool people in the queue..after quein up wayyyy to early (dont know if any of them are member here) and when we got in i realised when uprising began i was stood in the mosh pit...we got shoved and crushed but after having sense to move to the side and only slightly further back....

I thought it was fantastic and would honestly pay my years wages to see them again :happy:

L.
05-11-2009, 09:02 PM
This was the first MUSE gig i ever went to..I met some cool people in the queue..after quein up wayyyy to early (dont know if any of them are member here) and when we got in i realised when uprising began i was stood in the mosh pit...we got shoved and crushed but after having sense to move to the side and only slightly further back....

I thought it was fantastic and would honestly pay my years wages to see them again :happy:

What time did you start queueing and which door were you queueing at?

Davey
05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
What time did you start queueing and which door were you queueing at?

Blue doors...about half 2/3 pm i think...was quite early

Caff
05-11-2009, 09:08 PM
The only annoying thing for me was the stupid little knobs on the tram acting like they were actually old enough to be drinking beer :rolleyes:

Was in seating but on like the second row...right near the stage. Good view :)

Twonkie
05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
AWESOME. BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN, as usual :LOL:

Hungover, lol.

I don't know why people complain about the setlist, we got Nishe, Interlude AND Unintended! Awesomesauce. But yeah, Feeling Good instead of Bliss? Pfft.

Weirdly, that was the one song that the whole crowd sang to.

Can't choose a best moment or song, really, it's gone into a dreamlike blur lol I was jumping up and down like a maniac, and it was great meeting some boardies (some for the second time) in the pub :happy:

Love it when Matt turns his guitar right up for solos/bits that are usually quieter, Stockholm really stood, him letting us sing during PIB and TIRO :D

"SIA! SIA! SIA!"

KoC singalong, of course. The freestyling riff in US. Everything. All of it. The costumes, set up,... Matt in sunglasses :LOL:

... And all again on Monday! :D:D:D :awesome:

I have 'SIA!' on video, all 12 seconds :chuckle:
And sorry for not meet up with my, someone knocked my phone out of my hand and it bust cos it was a touch screen. You just texted me at the point too!

All in all I had a bloody amazing night!

Caff
05-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh and I was amazed at the number of cunts...sorry crowd surfers during SS. I felt sorry for the crowd at the front.

I've been in pits and I can handle pushing, jumping and the like but nothing will ever convince me that crowd surfing isn't cunty. Unless you're dying and need to get out quickly, there's no excuse!

Davey
05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I loved when the skinhead with the beard got pulled out by security :LOL: we were all just pointing at him...then i got told i was gonna be murdered by him :LOL:

PureBliss
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
What i don't understand is all the hate towards Feeling Good on this board, but when Matt hits those first notes on the night - cue massive cheer and mass sing-along!!

If people want it to be dropped from the setlist then don't bloody applaud it!!

Caff
05-11-2009, 09:24 PM
I loved when the skinhead with the beard got pulled out by security :LOL: we were all just pointing at him...then i got told i was gonna be murdered by him :LOL:

Don't most venues eject surfers straight away now though? He would've had a hard time finding you :LOL:

Davey
05-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Don't most venues eject surfers straight away now though? He would've had a hard time finding you :LOL:

well i think some places send them to the back but i think its more common now to eject them but this guy wasnt a surfer he just pushed his way through to the front and just started swaying to himself when no music was playing...he looked mental but i dunno if he'll of got ejected or sent to the back....true but who knows what that guy was capable of...he could have followed me there :LOL:

Twonkie
05-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Did anyone else see that girl passed out in the flower bed?

Caff
05-11-2009, 09:29 PM

I saw a couple of girls get pulled out of the crowd over on our side virtually passed out during the gig. Close enough.

Davey
05-11-2009, 09:31 PM

flower bed??? which doors were they at?...i was next to a hedge if that counts...but then again no one passed out"...or was this after? :LOL:

leetroot
05-11-2009, 09:32 PM
there were some very ill people at that gig so i'm told. ill as in drunkenly sick.

Twonkie
05-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Was after the gig, her friend was just laughing at her :chuckle:

Caff
05-11-2009, 09:33 PM
there were some very ill people at that gig so i'm told. ill as in drunkenly sick.

I did wonder if it was booze but one of the girls looked quite young, as though it might've been her first gig. She probably didn't realise exactly how rough it was going to be poor girl.

L.
05-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Blue doors...about half 2/3 pm i think...was quite early

That's not early (by Muse queue standard) :LOL: I was at the beginning of that queue.

Oh and I was amazed at the number of cunts...sorry crowd surfers during SS. I felt sorry for the crowd at the front.

I've been in pits and I can handle pushing, jumping and the like but nothing will ever convince me that crowd surfing isn't cunty. Unless you're dying and need to get out quickly, there's no excuse!

Yeah me and Olly spend half of SS head down whilst people were pulled from behind us the vast majority being crowd surfer. We had a few people being pulled out in Lievin but there were people feeling unwell so completely understandable.

You were close from us - we were at the front and call the security guy over when your group started pointing at him. He looked rather pissed when the security asked him to come to the barrier and them pull him out - good riddance I say!!

Davey
05-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Was after the gig, her friend was just laughing at her :chuckle:

Thats nice...then again the guy i went with/my mate had to leave halfway through cos his ribs were hurtin before we went but after bein in the mosh pit made it worse so we moved to the side and then he said he'd go outside and i said I didnt pay all that money to miss something as amazing as this!:LOL:

does that make me a bad person? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

That's not early (by Muse queue standard) :LOL: I was at the beginning of that queue.

ahh...early for me considerin the size of the queue haha i probably walked past you countless times...when it got cold we sat back in the car for half an hour :LOL:

You were close from us - we were at the front and call the security guy over when your group started pointing at him. He looked rather pissed when the security asked him to come to the barrier and them pull him out - good riddance I say!!

ah we could have been just behind you then..ish...but we kept seein security looking so we tried to make them get the gist!!...but true good riddance!!!

leetroot
05-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah me and Olly spend half of SS head down whilst people were pulled from behind us the vast majority being crowd surfer. We had a few people being pulled out in Lievin but there were people feeling unwell so completely understandable.

i have to agree - crowd surfers are a danger to everyone, it should only be ill people who are heaved out this way.

(mind you, i loved the crowdsurfing challenge by Enter Shikari at Reading. I :LOL: and :LOL: at that but i was only watching it on tv!)

McJones
05-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Finally got youtube and the like to work, taken all day :mad:

Plug in baby - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G06JKapwSxU
uploading more videos later, youtube is taking forever :(

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2536/4078974326_9186ac451d.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2791/4078977352_56530d6755.jpg

more pics and videos on the links below

Flickr photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/44371655@N02/)
Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/Jonesy123)

leetroot
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
that's some good quality footage mcjones :)

.Paul.
05-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Thats nice...then again the guy i went with/my mate had to leave halfway through cos his ribs were hurtin before we went but after bein in the mosh pit made it worse so we moved to the side and then he said he'd go outside and i said I didnt pay all that money to miss something as amazing as this!:LOL:

does that make me a bad person? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

ah we could have been just behind you then..ish...but we kept seein security looking so we tried to make them get the gist!!...but true good riddance!!!
The baghead laid his head on some lads back and that was the final straw :LOL: I told security and they must have had enough and pulled him out

McJones
05-11-2009, 10:15 PM
that's some good quality footage mcjones :)

Cheers :D shame i was so far back, gonna get some better ones at the o2 gig when im right by the stage :)

deborafraga
05-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Thank you all for post the pics and vids :D

Olly and L. your pics are amazing! :awesome:

Half Life
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Phew, just trawled through the thread. I hadn't bothered to read all the setlist fail threads so it was all new to me and I enjoyed it immensely, despite having a thumping headache from driving for 5 hours (sorry I missed the meet ups but I had to have a pint of water and crash out - before and after the gig).

I was in Block 115, where everyone seemed to be standing and/or dancing. Lots of people left the standing area during GL (it sounds like a Mike Oldfield song to me, with the distinctive guitar sound) and there was way too much applause for FG. I don't get it with all the '[name of song] fail' posts. A few technical hitches are to be expected when there's that much gubbins to take care of, and I've seen a few dropped drumsticks and heard a few bum notes from Muse over the course of 18 gigs. It's how you cope with them that counts, which looked fine to me. There was something not quite right with the Exo vocals, but the improvs in New Born and SS were great.

The sound quality was pretty bad, which it often is at arenas, and distorting and overloading at the higher registers. It was also increasing in intensity at the upper end as the gig went on. I wish they'd sort that kind of thing out.

The one genuine complaint I have, and it's more of a warning really, is that the lasers are down at eye level during UD if you're at the back. There's a low power chrysanthemum (flower-effect), which I saw at Teignmouth, but new higher power loops. Audience scanning with lasers is very dodgy (and needs a detailed risk assessment to show that the maximum permissable exposures aren't exceeded -can you tell I work in health and safety?), so Muse need to be bloody careful with this.

Anyway, I'm standing at Brum, so I'll see how different things are from down there. But a slightly different setlist would be nice. :)

Twonkie
05-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I loved Exo.1! Sent total shivers down my spine!
Would have liked Exo.2 better but the effects and everything just blew me away with the song.

Half Life
05-11-2009, 11:46 PM
I loved Exo.1! Sent total shivers down my spine!
Would have liked Exo.2 better but the effects and everything just blew me away with the song.

I will admit, I just stood there and dribbled (in a good way). It sends shivers down my spine with a Microcuts kind of vibe.

Edit: I saw music journo Simon Price at the bar, so expect a review from him in one of the papers.

blissfullymuse
06-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Kiz_zle Uprising
2 minutes ago from TwitterBerry
ReplyKiz_zle Omg wtf is matt wearing
3 minutes ago from TwitterBerry
ReplyKiz_zle I NEED A WEE but I refuse to move If they play feeling good that'll be the loo break haha

I love Kirsten :LOL:

:chuckle:

I see Kirst's too. I am also talking to her via blackberry messenger... :LOL:

My Blackberry almost died and never came back on again lol

On the phone to Popey, the majority of Exo was all backing, Bellamy barely sang.

Really? To me it sounded like Bellamy and his voice was fine

Twonkie
06-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Bellamy defaintly sang during Exo.1

caville
06-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Loved the gig.. Second row from the front, between Matt and Dom. If anyone saw someone with a santa hat on / the hat on stage, it was me and it was mine :P

Infact, it still is mine because I got it back :D

Katieejordan
06-11-2009, 09:26 AM
he was singing on that definatley, New born and SS was my faves, and KoC :)
better seats would of been better though, i hope i didnt annoy anyone in my block by screaming constantley.... welll singing loudley haha

its all a blur to me now really :( lets hope their next tour wont have a really high price, and il try and get better seats :D

Katieejordan
06-11-2009, 09:30 AM
oh and do you think the lads enjoyed the sheffield gig? anyone got any sources or links? :)

InsertCreativeNameHere
06-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I've never understood people who update their twitter whilst at a gig. You've paid £40 for a ticket and you're messing about with an iPhone or something. :noey:

Caff
06-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I've never understood people who update their twitter whilst at a gig. You've paid £40 for a ticket and you're messing about with an iPhone or something. :noey:

In a similar sort of thing...I never get people who basically spend the entire gig filming it through their phone or taking pics. The best way to remember something is to actually look/listen and not watch it through a screen...

InsertCreativeNameHere
06-11-2009, 09:53 AM
In a similar sort of thing...I never get people who basically spend the entire gig filming it through their phone or taking pics. The best way to remember something is to actually look/listen and not watch it through a screen...

Yeah I know, I can't be assed messing about when I'm trying to enjoy the band. Plus theres always thousands of vids on youtube if you want to look back at it.

barsi
06-11-2009, 09:54 AM
I absolutely loved the gig on Wednesday - can't believe its been and gone already!!!

We were in block 219 and had an amazing view. I'm not good with standing tickets - at the right old age of 26 I suffer with a bad back and hate hate hate crowded spaces, so i'm pretty glad for our seated tickets after watching the standing area!!! It looked like mayhem!!!

I don't "get" mosh pits, i'm way too much of a girl to be pushed and pulled around like that :p!!!! However hubby wasn't happy with the seated tickets cos he wanted to get in on the moshing like a true little rocker he is. Next time, he's having a standing ticket and i'm having a seated!!

I personally don't think the new stuff works as well live as the old stuff. As much as I love The Resistance album, it doesn't cut it for me next to Absolution i'm afraid. My only big wish from the gig was that they did Cave instead of Unintended, and I must be the only Muse fan who loves Feeling Good from what i've read on this thread!!

Teignmouth on the 4th September seemed a bit more special for me (being my first Muse gig!!), however Sheffield still was an amazing night for me!!

James.
06-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Haha I wondered why Chris was looking towards Dom in this picture:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/efc42/Muse%20Sheffield/IMG_0946.jpg

Quality isn't great since I was a long way back by then.

blissfullymuse
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM

I have a few reasons why

1. Because i knew exactly what was coming up next and tbh i was a little bored as bad as that sounds (sorry Muse)

2. I am seeing them again in London, that gig i will NOT be tweeting/phoning anyone as im standing aswell(i was seated in Sheffield) and i dont want to get my phone wacked out of my hand

vinya12
06-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I had a great time, loved it. But I too will add my annoyance at mobile phone users.:mad: Every where I looked people were taking photos of ...... them selfís? All I could see was phones lit up distracting my eye from the gig. And texting all the time, there were people in front of me texting though almost every song. I wanted muse to send out an electric magnetic field to disable them al:)l. Itís so rude and unfair on others who want to enjoy the gig and have to put up with theses mobile phone crazed kids. I donít mind people taking the odd photo of the band or filming a little bit. But come on guys .the tickets are not cheep and I pay to see the band not your phones. you wonít die if you turn the thing off, your friends wonít die if you donít text them in the next 2 hours and takeing numerous photos of yourself wont prove you were at the gig if its only your face that can be seen:rolleyes:. You would not find this at a classical concert, people have more consideration. There really needs to be something done to stop it . itís put me off going again. Muse were amazing, pity it had to be spoilt by selfishness and pity so many people were texting their friends to enjoy it. :(

blissfullymuse
06-11-2009, 02:12 PM
There really needs to be something done to stop it . itís put me off going again. Muse were amazing, pity it had to be spoilt by selfishness and pity so many people were texting their friends to enjoy it. :(

Are you serious?

People wanted to know the setlist(even though it was the same) so i tweeted it and i was on the phone to someone who wanted to hear a few songs i dont see the big deal

vinya12
06-11-2009, 02:47 PM
You could have told your friend the set list after the show. And if your friend wanted to hear the songs they should have bought a ticket like the rest of us. In case you donít know. Your phone lights up every time you use it and that light is a distraction and annoyance to anyone nearby. The lights go down for a reason when the band starts. The only lights should be coming from the stage. give the band the respect they deserve and turn it off.

blissfullymuse
06-11-2009, 03:01 PM
You could have told your friend the set list after the show. And if your friend wanted to hear the songs they should have bought a ticket like the rest of us. In case you donít know. Your phone lights up every time you use it and that light is a distraction and annoyance to anyone nearby. The lights go down for a reason when the band starts. The only lights should be coming from the stage. give the band the respect they deserve and turn it off.

The setlist was actually going into this thread for the people who wanted to know and the friend does have a ticket but she needed cheering up....im sure a tiny phone light(which Dom told us to hold up during unintended) wouldn't offend Muse in anyway

bILLOO
06-11-2009, 03:01 PM

What?

I don't know anybody else (myself included) who has had a problem with phones and cameras. The only people who do are the security people and you (obviously).

allorauk
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
.. For the idots that started a fight in front of me! I was in block 114. I do not expect to go to a MUSE gig and witness such behaviour!! It was awful to see and although was dealt with quickly by Security, upset the rest of us and put a dampner on it for me. So if the idiots that started the fight are on here (which I very much doubt), or anyone on here knows them, give the a personal thank you from me (NOT) for runing part of the concert for myself and people around us. We certainly don't want people like that at MUSE gigs. Grrrr:mad:

filbertfoxx
06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
The one genuine complaint I have, and it's more of a warning really, is that the lasers are down at eye level during UD if you're at the back. Audience scanning with lasers is very dodgy (and needs a detailed risk assessment to show that the maximum permissable exposures aren't exceeded -can you tell I work in health and safety?), so Muse need to be bloody careful with this.

Now you're talking my language! A little pic I took on the way to the Raleigh gig, I think you'll like this :LOL:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m110/gemhughes/IMG_0341.jpg

I got an eyeful of laser when Matt was waving his thing about (:eek:) and I was surprised at the working at heights without fall protection thing! Did you notice the guys on stage in high-vis jackets? Most impressed! :yesey: I need to bag me a job doing RA's on tour I think ;)

Anyway, enough of me talking shop, it was an amazing spectacle - just wish I'd been able to go to more dates :(

HaiHopes
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
A few vids if ya wanna see them. :p We were quite close to the front. There's another one (Hysteria) on my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXHopesandFearsXx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYsC5zsFEzo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RZ2f7VvOGo

SpiralDale
06-11-2009, 04:50 PM
If I was at the front, I wouldn't be fussed about recording, I'd be going bloody mental :LOL:

HaiHopes
06-11-2009, 05:00 PM
If I was at the front, I wouldn't be fussed about recording, I'd be going bloody mental :LOL:

Gotta take some vids back with me to remind myself of the night i went to see one of my favourite bands. :D