PDA

View Full Version : Which kind of Muser are you?

CitizenAgitated
01-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Trying to get a handle on what % of Muse fans prefer the early gritty stuff vs the later more polished material.

Kylee
01-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Is early considered Showbiz & OoS and later is Abso & BH&R?
If it's like that, I definitely prefer the early gritty stuff.

QueenOfNerds
01-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Generally I prefer the older stuff, but some of my all time favourite muse songs (well favourite songs of all time) are on BH&R... so tough one to call.

dead-duck
01-01-2009, 06:18 AM
i said i love it all equally but that's not entirely true... I'm not a huge fan of showbiz, but I love origin and absolution :yesey: but that wasn't a choice in the poll so.... ;) :D

Black Absolution
01-01-2009, 06:54 AM
i don't love all of it equally. i like all of the album but each one i like more than another.

CitizenAgitated
01-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Ok, which one voted epic fail?

Fia
01-01-2009, 09:10 AM
haha, epic fail:) (no it wasnt me, just reminded me of something)
I like OoS a lot, but as someone else said some of my absolute fav songs are on the later albums... But I love almost every song they've done:rolleyes::p

CitizenAgitated
01-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Judging by the results so far 9/11 love the early material.

Josefine
01-01-2009, 10:21 AM
I love the early stuff but Abso may well be my fav Muse album, followed by Origin. I think that BH&R har some great tunes (Assassin, KoC, MOTP, SMBH) but also some really weak tracks (Starlight, Invincible). Showbiz also got some weaker songs but the energy and youthful desperation make up for the lack of 'quality' in some of the songs. BH&R is simply too polished and tame imo.

Hullabaloo is simply perfection, I love that one. HAARP is also great, but it just doesn't touch me as Hullabaloo does. Abso tour DVD is somewhere in between.

This said, I voted "I love all equally", because I (almost) do :musesign:

Meep
01-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Er I like OOS, half of Hullabaloo, Abso, and hate most of Showbiz, BHAR and most of the B Sides. So I voted epic fail :p

Clunge
01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Ditto as above.

I think Showbiz is mainly awful (bar Muscle Museum and Showbiz), OOS and Absolution are brilliant, and that BH&R is mainly awful (bar Take A Bow, Map Of The Problematique and City Of Delusion).

Finlay
01-01-2009, 03:43 PM
RAW AND OoS!!! :LOL:

But both, really.

Obi
01-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Eras are wrong for me.

Early/Showbiz is a different era to OOS/Hullabaloo for me. I much prefer the latter because of the depth they had to their songs.

Completely different Musey periods. The contrast between album 1 and 2 is astounding.

Black Absolution
01-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Er I like OOS, half of Hullabaloo, Abso, and hate most of Showbiz, BHAR and most of the B Sides. So I voted epic fail :p

i'm on your side for the epic fail. ;)

beeSides
01-01-2009, 04:41 PM
must. have. all. muse.

:yesey:

forevermusic
01-01-2009, 07:47 PM
I took the cowards way out and voted EPIC FAIL.

It's because Showbiz, OoS and Hullabaloo have a 'charm' through their rawness though the slicker stuff also works. Absolution is the best album, which was the start of the slickness but still rougher round the edges than BHaR.

theproblematique.
01-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Picked pre-Absolution, although I'll probably have changed my mind by tomorrow *sighs*

stefko_25
01-01-2009, 08:19 PM
this poll sucks. where the hell is the "radiohead, lol" option?!

Black Absolution
01-01-2009, 08:20 PM
this poll sucks. where the hell is the "radiohead, lol" option?!

no that would pretty much kill the poll my friend.

QueenOfNerds
01-01-2009, 09:38 PM
The epic fails are picking up, shame really, not a bad question.

Pistol Star
01-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Well, considering Absolution was the first album I listened to, I will always count it as my favorite, followed closely by Origin of Symmetry. I think both are masterpieces and I love them.

I thought Showbiz was a bit on the weak side especially the latter half of the album, but I understand it's because they chose the least progressive songs to put on it, a 'safe' album.

Black Holes and Revelations is pure experimental and exploration with a few added familiarities and the 'tightness' of the songs make it brilliant.

So with the boys having these behind them as experience, I'm confident they know exactly what to do on the next album which may as well blow everything else out of the water.

stefko_25
01-01-2009, 10:21 PM
no that would pretty much kill the poll my friend.

that's not necessarily a bad thing ;)

darkshineskitty
02-01-2009, 05:03 AM
I like Origin Of Symmetry the most usually; the songs are very energetic and well composed, and they just make you go 'wow'.
That said, I have to admit I am one of the Absolution fans. Absolution was the first Muse album I bought, having heard Hysteria. I remember some people being very against Absolution fans when it came out because it was considered much more commercial than the other two albums. I still love Absolution to pieces though :happy:
Showbiz and Black Holes and Revelations are also pretty great, although I favour songs like Sober over Muscle Museum or Sunburn, and I'm quite a fan of Soldier's Poem despite the fact that many people don't like it.
I think I generally favour Abso and OoS because I have memories of really discovering Muse with them, so that makes them stand out in my mind :D

Black Absolution
02-01-2009, 04:16 PM
The epic fails are picking up, shame really, not a bad question.

i'll be honest, i only picked it because none of the other options suited me. i don't love each album equally -- i love them all, but not equally.

Fia
03-01-2009, 06:43 PM
must. have. all. muse.

:yesey:
Totally

lostkiwibird
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I listened to Black Holes in entirety for the first time in ages yesterday and fuck it was great. I forget the awesome as I really don't like Starlight or Invincible that much, find Soldiers Poem beautiful but boring and Exo Politics just uber silly. But as part of the album they are good. Absolution is the only album I want to listen to and not skip anything, its pure genius.

I think Showbiz is mostly whiny emo blandness written by kids (the lyrics, musically is yummy) and I totally understand why Muse don't want to play stuff from it anymore. And I don't understand the fans who love it above everything else :p

QueenOfNerds
04-01-2009, 02:26 AM
i'll be honest, i only picked it because none of the other options suited me. i don't love each album equally -- i love them all, but not equally.

Well at least you have a legitimate reason!

MuseOnMyMind
04-01-2009, 05:53 AM
hm. its hard to decide..for me everything muse comes out with is so much better than other music how do you put this one into perspective? i've gotta say i love absolution and most of orgin of symmetry..parts of showbiz are great..its somewhat a different sound and sometimes its a bit refreshing. i've got my favorite tracks on black holes and revelations, but honestly its a bit too polished and not as unique as their other stuff. to me at least. saying this muse are still complete musical genius everything they come out with i will love, but just some more than others.

funkadelic
04-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Love them all equally is probably the closest..not entirely true, but I do love them all, just in different ways. I like pointless polls like this, so I'll refrain from the epic fail option. ;)

I'm not sure what I am, really. More often then not I listen to Muse songs individually rather then whole albums, and I tend to judge some of them based on their live versions. That's why BH&R and Showbiz are up there despite their flaws. The Showbiz era is actually still my favourite as well..maybe because that's when I started getting into them and for all its honesty. Basically, each album has a charm which I appreciate in one way or another.

s3ker
04-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I voted "Absolution to present - polished and sophisticated".

Why ? Because I used the "live" factor, I enjoy their performances much more since they started the Absolution tour, therefore I voted Abo to present.

I guess I dont realy care about their studim albums, meh.

Black Absolution
04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Well at least you have a legitimate reason!

yep.

scifigeekgirl
04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Argh I can't decide which one is best off the top of my head *ditherdither* /fail

Hmmm. For pwoper critical analysis, I will obviously have to dig all the albums out (all my stuff like music/books etc is in storage - long story) and play them in full, one after the other. :happy: And annoy my family...:LOL:

lewiskanye
05-01-2009, 04:27 PM
^^ sounds like an excellent idea

i went for all their stuff, i have favourites from across the albums

abomufc108
08-01-2009, 03:04 PM
i love all albums don't hate any

The_Poison
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I chose Abso-present, purely because most of the greatest songs ever are on those two albums...

BH&R doesnt have as much rawness as the ones before it, or as much charisma... The energy is still there, but its more refined and focused.

Abso hasnt got as many hits as BH&R, but the rawness and sophistication is almost perfect...

The earlier albums have got some beautiful masterpieces though (Citizen Erased and Sunburn come to mind here), but most are too raw to be truly great... Maybe if they did some new recordings or something i would probably have voted for OoS and Showbiz...

I love all of the albums, but some are a bit too refined and some are too rough...

I didnt count Hullabaloo cos ive only heard HCM and that really pissed me off...

Citizen Erased
11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
It's all good to me. Showbiz is probably the one with more...raw talent win it, Absolution has a variety of different styles, and Origin of Symmetry is a new era, where they have gone on a different path, and BHaR is interesting, not their strongest album, but definitely interesting.

deadbeat dolly
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM
I pretty much love it all equally, I tend to lean towards the Origin of Symmetry/Absolution period though.

jackparker
01-05-2010, 10:13 AM
i like all the muse songs, especially TR, BHAR, ABSO, Oos and Showbiz

Gareeh
01-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Judging by the results so far 9/11 love the early material.

www.failblog.org

RocketBabeDoll
24-05-2010, 12:52 PM
;)

Basket_Case
24-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I voted "Absolution to present - polished and sophisticated".

Why ? Because I used the "live" factor, I enjoy their performances much more since they started the Absolution tour, therefore I voted Abo to present.

Agreed :) i love 00S and Abso mainly because it reminds me of the tours. Not a big fan of BH&R

BondTegenLA
24-05-2010, 01:35 PM
I like the early stuff :yesey:
'hard and gritty' sounds wrong btw...