PDA

View Full Version : 2012.08.12 - Olympic Stadium, London, UK

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

<Chas1ngtheStarl1ght>
20-08-2008, 06:42 PM
They're british and they're brilliant!
What do you say....a little rockin at the opening ceremony???

trvrphlps
20-08-2008, 06:50 PM
no

trvrphlps
20-08-2008, 06:51 PM
actually i take that back.

i think an epic fire works would suit muse.

Olly.
20-08-2008, 06:51 PM
god knows what we're gonna do for our opening ceremony, prolly have some 80's dancers to match the logo

Josefine
20-08-2008, 06:53 PM
You'll probably have Jamie T to perform - at least if 4music get's to decide.

hipbones
20-08-2008, 07:02 PM
not Jamie T!! lol
I actually would be quite interested to see what Muse would do for the 2012 olylpics - id say it would be nothing short of brilliant.
:D

Olly.
20-08-2008, 07:02 PM
UFO entrance :happy:

Josefine
20-08-2008, 07:03 PM

:LOL:

Bazza12
20-08-2008, 07:09 PM
The thought had crossed my mind! It will be interesting to see how big they have become by 2012 though - think back even 2 years - I got tickets for the MEN several weeks after they went on sale - that would never happen now, so with a new album next year and another mammoth tour, maybe they will be well known enough to be chosen! Would be fantastic!!!

<Chas1ngtheStarl1ght>
20-08-2008, 09:07 PM
yeh...thing is
there's probably gonna b something crappy otherwise....its such a shame with muse being british...
an they are capable of playing to thousands....imagine how many viewers they wud get..thats astronomical!!

maybe we shud make some kind of petition....facebook?
hmmm
we hav to get in there before the crap is scheduled! lol:LOL:

<Chas1ngtheStarl1ght>
20-08-2008, 09:20 PM
ok i've made a group on facebook....its called
Petition: Muse To Play at 2012 Olympics!!
pls join if u feel that way inclined,
thanks
:Dmuseymyooze!!

Judderman
20-08-2008, 09:56 PM
god knows what we're gonna do for our opening ceremony, prolly have some 80's dancers to match the logo

well if they do similar to the chinese, however not make it fake. and make it real. it should be ok.

Peroxide Pixie
21-08-2008, 12:57 PM
no

dead-duck
22-08-2008, 12:10 AM
well if they do similar to the chinese, however not make it fake. and make it real. it should be ok.
They could have muse do a few songs, and make them mime............ that might be fun to watch ;)

ChasingDreams
22-08-2008, 12:19 AM
YES! Then I'd die happy :happy: I could share Muse with my whole family. That would be nice rather than playing Muse DVDs at high volume. They'd have to admit at their coolness since they got to play at the olympics :)

illuminatus
22-08-2008, 01:07 AM
or in a jetpack. but yours are much brill than mine.

finn946
24-08-2008, 12:41 PM
the olympics would be the perfect stage to show everyone in the world just how immense muse are (if they don't know already)

things they need:

1. Jet Pack entrance (random flights throughout songs too)
2. UFO's flying around London and above the stadium
3. The green lasers from V shooting out into the sky
4. Instruments that change colour during performance
5. Big Blackout balloons
6. Millions of Plug In Baby/Bliss balloons
7. Cameo appearance by David Tennant rapping Who Knows Who

Sorted!

hothedgehog
24-08-2008, 01:19 PM
the olympics would be the perfect stage to show everyone in the world just how immense muse are (if they don't know already)

things they need:

5. Big Blackout balloons

Sorted!

classic! Although i personally think that they should just actually play suspended from the roof on a harness or something like that... then everyone'd be able to see them... it would be so cool... and then they could land on the ufo on the floor and it could take them off to cydonia to play a concert which naturally we would be at!

Kavo
24-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Just having Muse Play would make it epic. You know how much they put into the concerts. Pretend it's Wembley.....wait a second...... Scrap that. They don't need to do anything extra!!! It would rule!! My Dads going to be 50 for it. Going over. He could see the sheer epic-ness. Of Muse.

Marlay Park August 13th: Harmonicas And Lasergasms

BobjimTheAwesome
24-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Don't think it would happened seeing as they just used Leona Lewis for the closing ceremony :LOL::LOL:

Bazza12
24-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Don't think it would happened seeing as they just used Leona Lewis for the closing ceremony :LOL::LOL:

Funny - when I heard they were using her, I was really unimpressed, but having watched it, I can see why they did - not to detract from the legend that is Led Zep's Whole lotta love! I thought she did well, actually, though I'm not a fan generally.

BobjimTheAwesome
24-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Funny - when I heard they were using her, I was really unimpressed, but having watched it, I can see why they did - not to detract from the legend that is Led Zep's Whole lotta love! I thought she did well, actually, though I'm not a fan generally.

I didn't watch it so I wouldn't know.

Would be awesome if Muse played though, Man with the harmonica and knights:D

brian27
25-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Anything has got to be better than what was offered in London afterwards yesterday!!!
Scouting For Piss, Pissy Ellis Bexter and that We Will Rock You stage tour thing.... surely they could have got May and Taylor to play for them.

Max
25-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Bellamy and the future X Factor winner anyone?

<Chas1ngtheStarl1ght>
25-08-2008, 12:06 PM
hello again,
i've made a facebook group (see my sig.) for all those in favour to join.

The ont thing they dont realise is that they could let muse have hafl of the ceremony...and they wouldn't hav to plan anything!! they just do their own thing.:LOL:

so yeh....guys join it and make us not want to sleep for the next ceremony...i think muse is one of the only things that can beat what the chinese did..
we shall see...
maybe we should make a list of the things we DONT want:
>Spice girls
>Take that
>any more leona or x factor people...shes alright....but no more please.
>Catherine jenkins
> marias, josephs or nancies.
etc....:rolleyes:

Patch
28-08-2008, 01:45 AM
YES! Then I'd die happy :happy: I could share Muse with my whole family. That would be nice rather than playing Muse DVDs at high volume. They'd have to admit at their coolness since they got to play at the olympics :)

Quoted for the truth man. My brother thinks Muse is second rate music. If they played at the 2012 Olympics, that'd be sweet. And, it'd probably be their biggest hit yet.

the aurora
28-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Yesh.

guitarchaeologist
28-08-2008, 02:01 AM

things they need:

5. Big Blackout balloons

Sorted!
Innit!!!

alyssa_
28-08-2008, 02:51 AM

things they need:

5. Big Blackout balloons

Sorted!

I love you! :LOL:

Apocalyptic Gerbil
28-08-2008, 12:19 PM
There are 3 friggin facebook groups already! We only need one ffs!

Caff
28-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Anything has got to be better than what was offered in London afterwards yesterday!!!
Scouting For Piss, Pissy Ellis Bexter and that We Will Rock You stage tour thing.... surely they could have got May and Taylor to play for them.

Stfu, We Will Rock You is awesome :p

lorenc1995
30-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Good idea but there'will be Muse fan everywhere in the stadium :( And that's not very good for the JO lol ^^

jakcollier
01-09-2008, 10:17 PM
muse playing for the pride of britain, trying to have a better opening ceremony than beijing - makes perfect sense to me! :D

salanderson
02-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Id get tickets just to see muse, screw the running and stuff

AlecSp
03-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Anything has got to be better than what was offered in London afterwards yesterday!!!.

Sore, as I had tickets for that, but couldn't go. I'll confess to loving The Feeling (shoot me now - it's a free world), but how grim were McFly!!!

2012 opening ceremony turns out to be on my birthday, guess I'll be trying hard to get tickets for that! Only worry about having a fave band there would be that they'd only get to play a couple of songs - can you imagine being satisfied with that?

Bazza12
03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Sore, as I had tickets for that, but couldn't go. I'll confess to loving The Feeling (shoot me now - it's a free world), but how grim were McFly!!!

2012 opening ceremony turns out to be on my birthday, guess I'll be trying hard to get tickets for that! Only worry about having a fave band there would be that they'd only get to play a couple of songs - can you imagine being satisfied with that?

Not quite as grim as Sophie Ellis Bextor. What on earth was she on? Or is she always that bad?

Quite liked a lot of the rest of the show though, thought it was peculiarly 'British'! (in a fairly good way!):LOL:

resistingkidMUSE
22-12-2010, 12:13 PM
arent muse and the horrors collaborating to write the anthem 4 the olympics?

Cheyenne9817
25-04-2012, 10:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Want-MUSE-for-the-Olympic-Games-opening-in-London-2012/218730648145436

AlecSp
02-05-2012, 10:48 AM
arent muse and the horrors collaborating to write the anthem 4 the olympics?

That'll be Elbow.

On the other hand *I* will be performing at the Opening Ceremony, admittedly as just one of a cast of 10,000 or so. But that'll do me!

Livs
02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know if any of you guys are aware, but a girl i speak to on Twitter met Matt about a month and she asked about the Olympics, and he said they had been asked, and then she said he looked at her like he had said too much and started talking about something else!

I think they will do something, the opening ceremony acts haven't been announced yet....

fabripav
02-05-2012, 02:35 PM
The opening ceremony is on the 27th of July... What if they present the 1st album single there? :awesome:

At least timing seems right :p

Pip
02-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I thought the acts had been announced for the opening ceremony (Duran Duran etc etc), or is that for something else?

fabripav
02-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Here (http://www.london2012.com/spectators/ceremonies/opening-ceremony/performers/index.html) says "More information on the Opening Ceremonies will be announced in the coming weeks", so I guess there is still a slight chance :)

Jobby
02-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Yup, Muse are not playing the opening ceremony by the looks of it. Duran Duran are representing England, Stereophonics for Wales, Paolo Nutini for Scotland and Snow Patrol for Northern Ireland - those are the headliners. There will also be a ceremony to mark the end of the olympics which will be headlined by Blur. There is some kind of 'Best of British' line-up though, I assume this is where we will see Muse if they do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17896786

Pip
02-05-2012, 02:54 PM

Livs
02-05-2012, 03:02 PM
There is no way that a big British Event will happen without performances from Take That, Elton John or Sir Paul McCartney. And Coldplay, and hopefully Muse.

And surely, they need some live acts in the Olympic Stadium, its tradition, right?
And who better than Britains biggest Stadium rockers...

Gareeh
02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Duran Duran and Paolo Nutini made me howl. Fair enough if Elbow (or even though I'm not the greatest fans of Take That or Coldplay) surely they can get someone more relevant.

Jobby
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
There is no way that a big British Event will happen without performances from Take That, Elton John or Sir Paul McCartney. And Coldplay, and hopefully Muse.

And surely, they need some live acts in the Olympic Stadium, its tradition, right?
And who better than Britains biggest Stadium rockers...

It's Sir Elton John as well, just so you know :p

Paul McCartney would be the most obvious choice, I'm surprised he isn't doing the opening ceremony actually. I'm not too fussed about Muse doing it, the only song I'd like to see them play there/would be fitting is USOE. Would the government really want a band who sings about resisting and rising up against them to play there? Or would they not mind?

Jobby
02-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Duran Duran and Paolo Nutini made me howl. Fair enough if Elbow (or even though I'm not the greatest fans of Take That or Coldplay) surely they can get someone more relevant.

Duran Duran are more relevant than people think. They're currently on a world tour that's apparently doing really well. They're just not relevant to the younger generations. I understand why they were chosen but I do think someone better could've been chosen.

Paolo Nutini was a pretty shit choice though.

fabripav
02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, IF Muse play, I think they'll play the new single (if they play only one song), would be a cool way to announce it.

Tom//P
02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Yup, Muse are not playing the opening ceremony by the looks of it. Duran Duran are representing England, Stereophonics for Wales, Paolo Nutini for Scotland and Snow Patrol for Northern Ireland - those are the headliners. There will also be a ceremony to mark the end of the olympics which will be headlined by Blur. There is some kind of 'Best of British' line-up though, I assume this is where we will see Muse if they do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17896786

That's for the gig in Hyde Park.

I thought by opening ceremony we mean the event inside the olympic stadium of which details haven't been announced.....

Livs
02-05-2012, 04:09 PM
That's for the gig in Hyde Park.

I thought by opening ceremony we mean the event inside the olympic stadium of which details haven't been announced.....

Yeah, i reckon that gig in Hyde Park will be throughout the afternoon/early stages of opening ceremony, then have the "bigger acts" for the actual ceremony :) I mean, come on, Duran Duran, Paulo Nutini, Snow Patrol and whoever else they said is NOT the best of British, not by a mile!

Bs
02-05-2012, 04:45 PM
There is no way that a big British Event will happen without performances from Take That, Elton John or Sir Paul McCartney. And Coldplay

Very sad but very true! :LOL:

Alec.
02-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Would the government really want a band who sings about resisting and rising up against them to play there? Or would they not mind?

Well, Matt claims to be a libertarian and as a libertarian I see no real contradiction between that and being on the right, politically speaking. Plus plenty of right-wing politicians are fond of Radiohead (who regularly vilify them), The Smiths (ditto) and The Jam ("they're absolute fucking scum"), so I really don't see why they'd have a problem with Muse in comparison. Besides, Matt's always insisted that politically he'd rather back certain issues than identify himself with a party's whole agenda.

I still like to think USOE is poking fun in a skewed way at the Euro-integration thing a la BYOB (everybody's having a great time because we're at war, eh?) So maybe they wouldn't be so keen on them playing that.

As for the line-up itself for the opening ceremony- I have no problem with Elbow whatsoever and won't hear a word against them. But as for the others.... what the flipping flippered flip?

Gareeh
02-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Well Matt met Lord Mandelson while Labour were in power to talk about illegal downloading so I doubt the gov look that much into lyrics

29pearls
03-05-2012, 05:44 PM
First, I find it very encouraging that the creative director for the Opening & Closing is Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire etc)
Two possibilities for Muse in the Olympics at this point, now that pre- & post-concerts have been announced:

1) Opening Ceremony -- extremely unlikely, as this is a whole lotta pageantry, dancers, etc. *unless* they write the official opening song/theme & perform it. No one knows who or even if such a song will be included, everything is super secret.

2) Closing Ceremony -- better chance here. From this article (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/big-top-secret-2012-olympic-opening-ceremony-is-taking-shape-in-a-closely-guarded-tent-7685284.html):
The closing ceremony is to be called "A Symphony of British Music", featuring British music "from Elgar to Adele", according to the ceremony's director, Kim Gavin, the man behind the recent phenomenally successful Take That arena tours. Adele, Sir Paul McCartney, Elton John, the Rolling Stones and the Spice Girls have all been tipped to perform.fyi: Rolling Stones & Spice Girls are out per other reports.

forevermusic
04-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure what it is but I have a feeling Muse won't play at the Olympics.

bumpypotato
05-05-2012, 10:34 AM
First, I find it very encouraging that the creative director for the Opening & Closing is Danny Boyle

:eek::party::kiss::yesey:

My way of contributing

Riveon
05-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Snow Patrol are playing? I'll be sure to tune out during that section. :p

bumpypotato
05-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Snow Patrol are playing?

:vomit:

Seriously, I'm fucking articulate!

chudenk
17-05-2012, 04:00 AM
Matt Bellamy is carrying the Olympic torch through Teignmouth on sunday.

exeryan
17-05-2012, 04:52 AM
No,he won't.. well at least according to this page
http://www.london2012.com/torch-relay/torchbearers/search/index.htmx?q=Matt+bellamy

maks01
17-05-2012, 05:10 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/givemenovac4ine/status/202815042629009409

and... http://www.london2012.com/torch-relay/torchbearers/torchbearers=paul-ruff-5241/index.html

Paul Ruff is a PE teacher....

Weird.

Luxemburger Queen
17-05-2012, 09:00 AM
His mum has a Twitter? I can't find it...

good.

Dee3Dee
17-05-2012, 09:02 AM
The amount of stalkerish fans is actually disturbing. Even more disturbing to see them on this board.

OpenMinded
17-05-2012, 10:59 AM
The amount of stalkerish fans is actually disturbing. Even more disturbing to see them on this board.

that is so true :LOL: you have a really good way of making things feel right.

Oh Hannah
17-05-2012, 12:30 PM
So all over my home page on Facebook was "Matt's mum confirmed on Twitter that he will be carrying the Olympic torch..."
Yes. It's quite entertaining. She's barmy

Kueller917
17-05-2012, 03:03 PM

Yes. It's quite entertaining. She's barmy

They
17-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Probably for the best.

Oh Hannah
17-05-2012, 03:58 PM

Alright alright

TheDarkShines
17-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Is this actually true?:LOL:
Because i live half an hour away and it could be funny:LOL:

Talulamatilda
18-05-2012, 12:58 AM
I only live 4 miles away from Tinmuff. I'll be there on Sunday to cheer on the boys whatever Olympic torch they are meant to be carrying.

forevermusic
18-05-2012, 09:21 AM
I think running with the torch is more likely than playing the opening/closing ceremony.

AloFury
18-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I only live 4 miles away from Tinmuff. I'll be there on Sunday to cheer on the boys whatever Olympic torch they are meant to be carrying.

if you wouldnt mind taking a video of them that would be awesome..

they could all wear 118 tops with moustaches and white tops and shorts :LOL:

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/lrg/30/3011/2Q7BF00Z.jpg

TERZi
20-05-2012, 03:32 PM
http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=14819&stc=1&d=1337527874

Well 8)

Jazzthief
20-05-2012, 03:39 PM
http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=14819&stc=1&d=1337527874

Well 8)

This doesn't mean anything.

Bewilders
20-05-2012, 03:59 PM
16:49: Devon and Cornwall police have stressed that Muse running at Shaldon Bridge is restricted access for safety. "It's not a gig!" they say.

fabripav
23-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Tweet n 1 (https://twitter.com/MarkDTowers/statuses/205247351802171392)

Tweet n 2 (https://twitter.com/shandydave/statuses/205276405288804353)

Uhm

chudenk
23-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Tweet n 1 (https://twitter.com/MarkDTowers/statuses/205247351802171392)

Tweet n 2 (https://twitter.com/shandydave/statuses/205276405288804353)

Uhm

Is this really an Olympic related?

fabripav
23-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Is this really an Olympic related?

I don't know, it could be.

sebby aka pup
23-05-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking that it's a bit late for them to be discussing the Olympic Ceremony now, would've thought that would be planned months ago.

I think it might be about the possibility of playing a gig at a special venue where they have to get the council's approval. Maybe a big gig in a park or something?

chudenk
23-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm thinking that it's a bit late for them to be discussing the Olympic Ceremony now, would've thought that would be planned months ago.

I think it might be about the possibility of playing a gig at a special venue where they have to get the council's approval. Maybe a big gig in a park or something?

Yep, it's more likely

fabripav
23-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Seems like he was there for something DCMS Committee related... BBC rights? (I'm totally guessing)

fabripav
23-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Nothing :chuckle:

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/205308888155824128

Oh Hannah
23-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Seems like he was there for something DCMS Committee related... BBC rights? (I'm totally guessing)

Something like a gig in Hyde park? Or maybe something to do with the album :happy:

TheDarkShines
23-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Something like a gig in Hyde park? Or maybe something to do with the album :happy:

...Did you read the post before?:LOL: Seems like it isnt Muse related:(

LyraSilvertongue
23-05-2012, 04:29 PM

They wouldn't have to talk to a secretary of state for something like that :LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
23-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Yep, it's more likely

No it's not.

Oh Hannah
23-05-2012, 04:43 PM
...Did you read the post before?:LOL: Seems like it isnt Muse related:(

Oh..well it really isn't any of our business then

AloFury
23-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh..well it really isn't any of our business then

not yet, until then lets all get back to our lives*

*sorry i assumed we all had one before *LAWLS*

Oh Hannah
23-05-2012, 05:02 PM
not yet, until then lets all get back to our lives*

*sorry i assumed we all had one before *LAWLS*

We are on here what a silly statement :p

AloFury
23-05-2012, 05:05 PM
We are on here what a silly statement :p

:p back at chya!

takes one to know one

Furygirl
23-05-2012, 07:43 PM
This article is from a year ago, so it's nothing new, but it doesn't appear to have been posted here.... http://www.contactmusic.com/news/coldplay-and-muse-set-for-olympics-launch_1211727

Rockers Coldplay and Muse, and fellow British star Joss Stone, are among the acts who are lined up to perform at the opening of the 2012 Olympics in London.

The Yellow hitmakers are reportedly top of organisers' wish-list of acts to perform a specially-written track for the opening ceremony of the prestigious sporting event.

Soul singer Stone, Supermassive Black Hole rockers Muse, and Blur frontman Damon Albarn are also in the running to join a star-studded line-up at the launch of the event in July next year (2012).

Kind of confusing because at first it says Muse is "lined up to perform", and then it says they're "in the running to join a star-studded line-up". :confused:

AloFury
23-05-2012, 08:52 PM
This article is from a year ago, so it's nothing new, but it doesn't appear to have been posted here.... http://www.contactmusic.com/news/coldplay-and-muse-set-for-olympics-launch_1211727

Kind of confusing because at first it says Muse is "lined up to perform", and then it says they're "in the running to join a star-studded line-up". :confused:

being as the other bands that were in the running and have got those slots, makes me think why havent muse been announced, that is if they are not performing.. has Joss Stone been announced in any of the festivities?

hyper_chondriac_muser
24-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I wish they would just confirm or deny so I can either pay 1,000+ for an Opening Ceremony ticket or breathe a sigh of relief and save some dough. :p

Okay, so I wouldn't really spend that much, but I'd be majorly bummed if I missed out on seeing Muse live in London. I've seen every show here since 2006, so I'd be pissed at having missed the chance. :(

Speculation's already started that they might play B&H, Invincible or other 'uplifting' tracks, but I highly doubt they'd perform really old material just for the lyrics.

EDIT: Oh, and Contact Music isn't exactly the world's most reliable source, so I wouldn't take everything they write as hard facts ;).

fabripav
24-05-2012, 07:34 PM
IF they play, imho, they'll play new material.

hyper_chondriac_muser
24-05-2012, 07:49 PM
IF they play, imho, they'll play new material.

Could do, but to be honest I think it's more likely that they'll be asked to do a cover of a hugely famous and inspirational song that most people would be able to sing along with. I don't really see this as a marketing opportunity for their new album, but rather the organisers wanting a successful British band who are decent at performing live to give crowds a good show (i.e. Muse).

I could, however, be wrong. I hope I am, cos I want to hear new stuff, but at the mo I can't see it happening. They seem to be more precious about playing new material before they've polished it till it's squeaky, so they might chicken out ;).

Tom//P
24-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I can't imagine they'd play anything from the new album, unless its been written for the olympics of course. Apart from that B&H seems like a perfect choice - with the lyrics and the show-off piano section.

Dominic.
24-05-2012, 09:14 PM
If they play I'd like them to play B&H. As Tom said, it is their best suited song for it

Oh Hannah
24-05-2012, 09:17 PM
If they keep the rule about having to mime I seriously doubt they will play at all

fabripav
24-05-2012, 09:30 PM
If they keep the rule about having to mime I seriously doubt they will play at all

They really have to mime? :eek:

Yes, however, B&H would be the perfect choice

AloFury
24-05-2012, 09:41 PM
They really have to mime? :eek:

Yes, however, B&H would be the perfect choice

more speculation ;)

if they did perform then in all likeliness the band may just (its global PR for gawds sake so of course they'd like to) perform live, but have a backing track just in case theres a problem with stage equipment.

Miming entirely on stage just isnt in Muse's vocabulary

hyper_chondriac_muser
24-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Miming entirely on stage just isnt in Muse's vocabulary

It is if it's a piss-take. Now THAT I'd like to see at the Olympics :LOL:.

AloFury
24-05-2012, 10:00 PM
It is if it's a piss-take. Now THAT I'd like to see at the Olympics :LOL:.

why did you say that.. WHY...

now look what i have to post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipg-cIh1uxE

mysticism
24-05-2012, 10:23 PM

Imagine they do this again on the olympics... massive!

Oh Hannah
24-05-2012, 11:05 PM

I adore this. Dom so sexxehh
But I dont really think they would go that far for the Olympics :chuckle:

Aquifa
25-05-2012, 03:49 AM
I adore this. Dom so sexxehh
But I dont really think they would go that far for the Olympics :chuckle:
Maybe more like Live and Kickin'.

Kueller917
25-05-2012, 05:41 AM
When they were on that show before they didn't mess around at all, so it's not an every time occurrence

Aquifa
25-05-2012, 01:25 PM
When they were on that show before they didn't mess around at all, so it's not an every time occurrence

Didn't Matt wave his arms around during the piano in Newborn? Or was this a different show?

fabripav
25-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Didn't Matt wave his arms around during the piano in Newborn? Or was this a different show?

That was in 2001, I think. What Kueller was referring to happened in 2006, the band was promoting BH&R and "played" Supermassive, without swapping places and just miming the song.

haze015
25-05-2012, 01:47 PM
There is a huge conspiracy theory surrounding the games, so it would be odd if Muse was there. That said, the conspiracy stuff is mostly flawed, made-up and the USA-centric, no different to usual.

I like how all of those are from Devon. :chuckle:

Aquifa
25-05-2012, 01:53 PM
That was in 2001, I think. What Kueller was referring to happened in 2006, the band was promoting BH&R and "played" Supermassive, without swapping places and just miming the song.

Oh.

forevermusic
25-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I love thought of Dom miming the piano line to B&H during the opening ceremony. :chuckle:

There is controversy about miming - I swear there was a little girl at the Olympics in Beijing who mimed to a backing track and everyone got really pissed off about it.

i.wish.i.RAWR!
25-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I love thought of Dom miming the piano line to B&H during the opening ceremony. :chuckle:

There is controversy about miming - I swear there was a little girl at the Olympics in Beijing who mimed to a backing track and everyone got really pissed off about it.

They got pissed because they (the Chinese gov) thought the girl that was actually singing was too ugly, so they dubbed her voice over another girl performing it. That's how my former Chinese teachers explained it to us, anyway.

As for Muse, I doubt they will perform at The Olympics.

Jobby
25-05-2012, 06:26 PM
They got pissed because they (the Chinese gov) thought the girl that was actually singing was too ugly, so they dubbed her voice over another girl performing it. That's how my former Chinese teachers explained it to us, anyway.

To be fair, I can see why people got pissed off at that, that's pretty damn harsh on the real singer.

How many people usually perform during the opening ceremony? If just one, I'd wager it'd be Coldplay rather than Muse.

forevermusic
25-05-2012, 06:27 PM

As for Muse, I doubt they will perform at The Olympics.

Oh yeah that's it... I thought that was a rumour she was shite. I think I knew that it was miming to someone else's voice, although at the least it was miming.

Livs
25-05-2012, 07:47 PM
To be fair, I can see why people got pissed off at that, that's pretty damn harsh on the real singer.

How many people usually perform during the opening ceremony? If just one, I'd wager it'd be Coldplay rather than Muse.

Coldplay are playing at the closing of the paralympic games

Hyper
01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
so music will be pre-recorded but live singing?

i rememebr Matt mentioned in one of the early interviews that the coolest idea for the Olympics ceremony would be an anti-gravity levitating stage

Alesi08
04-06-2012, 10:21 AM
so music will be pre-recorded but live singing?

i rememebr Matt mentioned in one of the early interviews that the coolest idea for the Olympics ceremony would be an anti-gravity levitating stage

So tjej might switch places again :D

Zolic
04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey you crazy kids

EDIT: I wrote it in caps... Weird

forevermusic
20-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Uprising and Map Of The Problematique are on the official playlist of songs during the opening ceremony.

I'm not sure why given their lyrical content, particulary that of Uprising. :chuckle:

Oh Hannah
20-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Uprising and Map Of The Problematique are on the official playlist of songs during the opening ceremony.

I'm not sure why given their lyrical content, particulary that of Uprising. :chuckle:

Have you seen some of the other stuff though. God save the queen...

forevermusic
20-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Have you seen some of the other stuff though. God save the queen...

Yes. I'm not sure why :chuckle::facepalm:

Oh Hannah
20-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Yes. I'm not sure why :chuckle::facepalm:

Danny is a brave man

Jobby
21-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Creep, the EastEnders theme and Firestarter. Amazing.

I'm very surprised at the lack of Take That though, would've thought they'd be an obvious choice.

forevermusic
21-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Creep, the EastEnders theme and Firestarter. Amazing.

I'm very surprised at the lack of Take That though, would've thought they'd be an obvious choice.

I think they decided not to include anything by artists used at the Jubilee Concert earlier this month, albiet with the exception of Paul McCartney (Beatles stuff, plus himself at the closing ceremony).

Good considering the majority of the bill for that was terrible.

mUSER_NAME
21-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I think the collaboration with Elton John ist still a possible thing. He is said to head a concert at Wembley stadium near the end of the Olympics. And some time ago MUSE had dinner with Mr John at his house...

Aquifa
22-06-2012, 12:17 AM
I think the collaboration with Elton John ist still a possible thing. He is said to head a concert at Wembley stadium near the end of the Olympics. And some time ago MUSE had dinner with Mr John at his house...

When?

mUSER_NAME
22-06-2012, 01:30 PM
This will be on September 21st:
http://festival.london2012.com/events/9000970321

So at least one part of a rumor going through the media last year is right. If the second part (that Elton is longing to do a collab with MUSE) is true as well, perhaps we can look forward to this event...

fabripav
25-07-2012, 08:51 PM
https://twitter.com/SujataBurman/status/227786018311503872

Uhm... So are they actually playing this friday?

Jobby
25-07-2012, 09:11 PM
https://twitter.com/SujataBurman/status/227786018311503872

Uhm... So are they actually playing this friday?

I would've thought they'd have announced it by now, it'd bring in a lot of viewers...odd. I wasn't planning on watching the Olympics but I'll watch the opening ceremony, just in case.

fabripav
25-07-2012, 09:15 PM
I would've thought they'd have announced it by now, it'd bring in a lot of viewers...odd. I wasn't planning on watching the Olympics but I'll watch the opening ceremony, just in case.

I know, it's strange. But there still has to be an official press release, right? Maybe they can't say anything until that moment. Plus, I've heard there's a big talk about Spice Girls performing at the closing ceremony.

I'll watch the ceremony as well. What time does it start? 8 pm UK?

tomwells94
25-07-2012, 09:20 PM
My mum was telling me earlier that there have still been no official announcements, only rumours...
The rumours I've heard are Muse and The Spice Girls, though...

kitsch_object
25-07-2012, 09:28 PM
The whole opening ceremony is shrouded in secrecy, I wouldn't expect any info to be released before it starts.

Also I don't think they're gonna worried about viewing figures...

Niall
25-07-2012, 09:51 PM
This thread is going over to Gigs now that it's confirmed, and will be getting a new name :)

fabripav
25-07-2012, 09:54 PM
This thread is going over to Gigs now that it's confirmed, and will be getting a new name :)

Confirmed? Where? :eek:

Niall
25-07-2012, 09:58 PM
All over the place! This was the best source via Muselive:
http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=6729

I think someone from Warner saying it is a good enough source.

fabripav
25-07-2012, 10:01 PM
All over the place! This was the best source via Muselive:
http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=6729

I think someone from Warner saying it is a good enough source.

But since then we've heard different stories about! I thought it was a new confirmation :unsure:

Niall
25-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Oh have we? Maybe I'm not up to date then...what's the latest?

fabripav
25-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Oh have we? Maybe I'm not up to date then...what's the latest?

Chris telling to a fan he didn't know if they played the closing ceremony, and rumors on twitter, most of all. Pretty much nothing, I know :LOL: I think we'll have to wait when they confirm the line-up for the opening ceremony. Of course at this stage it's likely they'll play at the closing.

Niall
25-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Oh right :LOL: maybe management forget to call the band...aha well we'll have to wait but I'll leave this thread as it is until we know for sure one way or the other.

forevermusic
25-07-2012, 11:41 PM
I've decided that we'll only know whether or not Muse will be playing when opening/closing ceremony days arrives.

bellapod
26-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Am planning on watching both anyway so quite happy. Will sky+ it.

Creamy_Peaches
26-07-2012, 10:35 PM
It's just been confirmed they're playing at the opening ceremony twice on french tv according to @The_2nd_Law on twitter :happy:

fabripav
26-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Niall, I think you can change the date of this thread :p

Oh Hannah
26-07-2012, 11:00 PM
I am so so so excited! Even if muse don't play I'm buzzed but if they do, my friends will finally see them in their full glory :happy:

bellapod
26-07-2012, 11:06 PM
I am so so so excited! Even if muse don't play I'm buzzed but if they do, my friends will finally see them in their full glory :happy:

Lucky buggers, do they have tickets?

dead0citizen
26-07-2012, 11:07 PM

or not. lol
but i'm still looking foward to it...

Oh Hannah
26-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Lucky buggers, do they have tickets?

No no I just mean everyone will be watching it on the tv :p

Jai
27-07-2012, 01:36 AM
No idea how much of this has been mentioned since I haven't been through the entire thread, but Uncut may be suggesting that Muse will be playing (tbh it's a bit unclear, they could be referring to the song playlist). They seem to be more excited about the possibility of the Arctic Monkeys though.

Link: http://goo.gl/akH7l

Jimmyneutron
27-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Matt mentioned they were asked to play the opening ceremony in one of the interviews for survival. Don't know how much weight it holds

Niall
27-07-2012, 09:35 AM
As far as I'm aware Warner have only stated they're playing the closing ceremony.

http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/tattersfield-muse-olympics-deal-is-tremendous-honour/049441

forevermusic
27-07-2012, 11:04 AM
What if they're doing both?

Riveon
27-07-2012, 11:09 AM
or not. lol
but i'm still looking foward to it...
Precisely the reason the thought of them playing doesn't enthuse me. :p Muse having been a brilliant live band, I don't want them to tarnish that record with a performance that's not up to their previous standard. Especially in front of people who I've told about Muse. But on the other hand, if it was up to standard...

fabripav
27-07-2012, 04:41 PM
So they're playing today, Greg James at BBC Radio 1 said so. :awesome:

mapoftheglorious
27-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Just heard too! very excited :D I think its too much to hope they debut madness but would be awesome!

jackparker
27-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Just heard too! very excited :D I think its too much to hope they debut madness but would be awesome!

They could finish Survival and then play Madness as well, even better! :awesome:

fabripav
27-07-2012, 04:48 PM

The fact that the radios already heard it is what makes me think there's a little possibility. Let's hope :awesome:

forevermusic
27-07-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't think it's likely they'd debut Madness at the Olympic opening ceremony.

More than likely they'll do Survival, Starlight and Uprising, then say "Thanks very fucking much" and leave. :LOL::chuckle:

fabripav
27-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't think it's likely they'd debut Madness at the Olympic opening ceremony.

More than likely they'll do Survival, Starlight and Uprising, then say "Thanks very fucking much" and leave. :LOL::chuckle:

"Thank you Olympic fucking stadium! Have a fuckin' great opening ceremony, see you soon, cheers"

jackparker
27-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Maybe just Survival to open it up? And if they play anything else, more likely than not it'll be just one song like Uprising. I doubt they would play more than 2.

fabripav
27-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Maybe it's Survival + Uprising and MotP, because those two are in the playlist.

jackparker
27-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Maybe it's Survival + Uprising and MotP, because those two are in the playlist.

That would make sense, instead of them (say) opening the ceremony with Survival and then having two of their songs played over the loudspeakers. We can at least hear more of them :awesome:

Bs
27-07-2012, 05:03 PM
"Thank you Olympic fucking stadium! Have a fuckin' great opening ceremony, see you soon, cheers"

This needs to be done! :LOL:

Although in my dreams they'd come on and burst straight into Citizen Erased...:rolleyes:

forevermusic
27-07-2012, 05:09 PM
I still think, if they gonna perform anything, it should be Butterflies & Hurricanes.

mapoftheglorious
27-07-2012, 05:14 PM
So apparantly its been confirmed by Sky news UK they'll perform: Survival, Uprising, MOTP and debut Madness..

Zolic
27-07-2012, 05:29 PM
U be trollin'? :LOL:

fabripav
27-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Nope

mapoftheglorious
27-07-2012, 05:30 PM

no. Its already being discussed in the 2nd law thread.

bILLOO
27-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Am glad that MotP is being included (if true), however why would Muse pick this? Am surprised Starlight isn't there so Matt can get the stadium to clap away.

Edeslash
27-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Wait, so are they playing tonight?

Ryoma-kun
27-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Wait, so are they playing tonight?

Nothing is confirmed. Just rumors swarming around. We'll just have to wait and see.

chudenk
27-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Can't wait for Madness.

hyper_chondriac_muser
27-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Fuck's sake. I thought they were playing the Closing Ceremony, not Opening. Are they doing both now? Just annoyed that I didn't know about it cos I'm now nervous about their bit of the performance and will get incredibly antsy until they're on :LOL:. Is it 100% official that they'll play Madness? OMG I'm getting chills, haha.

Ryoma-kun
27-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Fuck's sake. I thought they were playing the Closing Ceremony, not Opening. Are they doing both now? Just annoyed that I didn't know about it cos I'm now nervous about their bit of the performance and will get incredibly antsy until they're on :LOL:. Is it 100% official that they'll play Madness? OMG I'm getting chills, haha.

Read my post. Nothing is confirmed.

Edeslash
27-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh god the wait ;___;

bILLOO
27-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Read my post. Nothing is confirmed.

D:

hyper_chondriac_muser
27-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Why's no one confirming anything at this late stage? The show's only 40 mins away! We don't want it to be a 'surprise', just tell us, lol. I'm hoping they won't play cos it would be better for them to be at the Closing Ceremony (they can't possibly be at both, can they?)

The Closing is meant to be about music across 50 years (so I've read), so they'd be best-placed there. Plus, closers are always better than openers, as most Muse setlists confirm :p.

JUST TELL US!! :mad:ness

Aquifa
27-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Why's no one confirming anything at this late stage? The show's only 40 mins away! We don't want it to be a 'surprise', just tell us, lol. I'm hoping they won't play cos it would be better for them to be at the Closing Ceremony (they can't possibly be at both, can they?)

The Closing is meant to be about music across 50 years (so I've read), so they'd be best-placed there. Plus, closers are always better than openers, as most Muse setlists confirm :p.

JUST TELL US!! :mad:ness

I see what you did there.

Edeslash
27-07-2012, 07:28 PM
We don't want it to be a 'surprise'

But they do.

hyper_chondriac_muser
27-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I see what you did there.
:awesome:
But they do.

:noey: Not good enough.

They seem to think it's official on ML and are already discussing lip-synching :chuckle:.
I know Sky News and Radio One are meant to have confirmed it but I can't find any evidence of that. Still sceptical (as ever) until it's actually happening. And then I'll question all the live shit, haha!

Jimmyneutron
27-07-2012, 08:31 PM
There's a Glastonbury scene later on right?

hobomania
27-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Chris just posted on twitter? :LOL:

Chris Wolstenholme ‏@CTWolstenholme

The queen and bond. Priceless

dukelion
27-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Chris just posted on twitter? :LOL:

Chris Wolstenholme ‏@CTWolstenholme

The queen and bond. Priceless

via Twitter for iPhone. He's mobile :p

Jimmyneutron
27-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Just featured in the torch montage haha

Aquifa
27-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Just featured in the torch montage haha

Can you give a link to another stream? Veetle isn't showing it.

mysticism
27-07-2012, 09:25 PM
I can't see Madness happening anymore...
But maybe Survival at the end?

Jimmyneutron
27-07-2012, 09:30 PM
I can't see Madness happening anymore...
But maybe Survival at the end?

They would never get more than one song due to time constraints, especially one no ones ever heard.

Ryoma-kun
27-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok so, it'll be the closing ceremony then.

lozin
27-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Is it me, or there were both MotP (very beginning of the ceremony) and Uprising?

Chryse
27-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Is it me, or there were both MotP (very beginning of the ceremony) and Uprising?

It's just you.

jackparker
27-07-2012, 09:49 PM

They were!

Alesi08
27-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Was it just me or was Motp different?

SerpentSatellite
27-07-2012, 10:15 PM
So is it over and I don't need to watch, yet?
I heard I need a British History degree to enjoy it...

Hopix
27-07-2012, 10:24 PM

It was you. :yesey:

forevermusic
27-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I get the feeling Muse are just doing Survival at this one... but who knows.

There's not much time left though.

bILLOO
27-07-2012, 10:49 PM
It was you. :yesey:

There was something different about it...

Althea
27-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I just tuned in on iplayer and the country teams are marching in........so did Muse actually play LIVE at the beginning of the ceremony? I'm confused...

fabripav
27-07-2012, 10:51 PM
I just tuned in on iplayer and the country teams are marching in........so did Muse actually play LIVE at the beginning of the ceremony? I'm confused...

No, just bits of MoTP and Uprising played from the speakers. Muse might play Survival in some minutes though

Althea
27-07-2012, 10:54 PM
No, just bits of MoTP and Uprising played from the speakers. Muse might play Survival in some minutes though

Ah, ok, thanks! Glad I didn't miss anything! :)

Florenceblue
27-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Arctic Monkeys...NME did say. Looking positive do we think?

Luxemburger Queen
27-07-2012, 11:10 PM
So is it over and I don't need to watch, yet?
I heard I need a British History degree to enjoy it...

No, a brain will do.

SerpentSatellite
27-07-2012, 11:16 PM
No, a brain will do.

Sometimes my friends need Cliff notes to use the toilet, I can see why they were confused.

Alesi08
27-07-2012, 11:51 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208823_399484416782162_1609004970_n.jpg

hyper_chondriac_muser
28-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Knew it. There never was confirmation of them playing. Glad, too, cos they'd be better at the Closing Ceremony. Still got two songs played, though! And what a fantastic Opening Ceremony :D

dontask
28-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Not enough crying. :( disappointed in you lot!

gemz
28-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Not enough crying. :( disappointed in you lot!

There is enough crying on Twitter lol

thedemonocracy
28-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Fuck Earl's Court, tonight was .... The Best Muse Gig Ever!!

:(

chudenk
28-07-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm a bit disappointed to the media who acclaimed that Muse would be playing at the opening ceremony.

Jetro
28-07-2012, 12:40 AM
:'( :'( :'( :'(

They should totally have played "Survival" on the end. But they probably didn't because everyone knew they would sweep the floor with Paul McCartney.

dontask
28-07-2012, 12:40 AM
There is enough crying on Twitter lol

:LOL: true dat

Hopix
28-07-2012, 12:41 AM
There was something different about it...

The acoustics of the stadium?

Jordasm
28-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Pleasantly surprised by the opening ceremony. Mary Poppins bit made me cringe though, as did all the Brit asbo kids/athletes going "BRAAAP" to the camera and the American athletes going "USA USA USA USA". Every other country just walked in, smiled, waved and got on with it, none of that shit.

I'm also really fucking sick of Paul McCartney :LOL:

eyduh
28-07-2012, 07:24 AM
are they even performing at the closing ceremony?

fabripav
28-07-2012, 09:31 AM
are they even performing at the closing ceremony?

At this point, of course.

Niall
28-07-2012, 10:16 AM
We think so because that guy from Warner said so, and it's appeared in a few other places too.

DifferentPerson
29-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Still think it would be better if they had played the opening ceremony than the closing ceremony. There was a moment when the boring french guy was talking when I could have sworn I heard the beginning of B&H slowly fading in... How amazing would it have been if they would have played B&H, then Blackout while the doves of peace were 'flying' around, then went all out with Survival with an orchestra and choir. Better than the Arctic Monkeys any day :p

stevie g
30-07-2012, 10:31 AM
So Muse are defitnely playing at the closing cermony?Hope lots of people watch that tooo.How many songs should we expect them to play considering other artists would be playing too?

Jimmyneutron
30-07-2012, 11:02 AM
So Muse are defitnely playing at the closing cermony?Hope lots of people watch that tooo.How many songs should we expect them to play considering other artists would be playing too?

Maybe 2?

Picko
30-07-2012, 11:30 AM

I heard it differently too; think it was transposed in a different key.

Alesi08
30-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I heard it differently too; think it was transposed in a different key.

It did sound great!!

bILLOO
30-07-2012, 07:38 PM
It did sound great!!

Really want a copy!

forevermusic
31-07-2012, 10:23 PM
They've basically confirmed themselves as appearing at the closing ceremony, and most likely playing Survival.

Hopix
31-07-2012, 10:47 PM
They've basically confirmed themselves as appearing at the closing ceremony, and most likely playing Survival.

Dom has just confirmed they're playing at the closing ceremony, and that it's just the one song, Survival.

mjartrod
31-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Dom just said that they'll play one song, Survival.
http://player.rogersradio.ca/chdi/recently_played

(and that they're not contributing any song for the new Twilight and that the stage will be pyramid like, among other stuff lol)

Curlyxz
31-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Seeing as how the US television networks think that we don't know any artists that aren't from the US they'll probably omit their performance.

chudenk
31-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Dom just said that they'll play one song, Survival.
http://player.rogersradio.ca/chdi/recently_played

(and that they're not contributing any song for the new Twilight and that the stage will be pyramid like, among other stuff lol)

I want more than one song. :(

Aquifa
01-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Seeing as how the US television networks think that we don't know any artists that aren't from the US they'll probably omit their performance.

Like they have in the places Survival might be played.

Oh Hannah
01-08-2012, 08:42 AM
:awesome: I'm driving home from england that day, must get home in time! When does it start?

Niall
01-08-2012, 09:48 AM

All the artists will be British, they'd have to omit all the performances.

Kueller917
01-08-2012, 09:49 AM

I wouldn't put it past NBC to do that.

alice muser
01-08-2012, 10:01 AM
http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2012/07/31/muse-credits-unlikely-artist-for-olympics-gig-believe-it-or-not-elton-john-gave-us-a-call/#.UBhR1WDrv6w.twitter

can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!? :)

Aquifa
01-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't put it past NBC to do that.

The studios and the big company buildings are around here. I could storm in and fix it. :awesome:

fabripav
01-08-2012, 04:09 PM
The studios and the big company buildings are around here. I could storm in and fix it. :awesome:

DO IT!

Oh wait, I'm not american, who cares :kiss:

Hyper
01-08-2012, 04:40 PM
tickets are still available. at $1885. I am considering. :$

Niall
03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
tickets are still available. at $1885. I am considering. :$

If you're considering paying what will ultimately cost around $3000 to hear Muse play a single, not very good song, then you should probably seek some kind of advice. Medical, psychosocial, religious, crazy cat lady next door, at this stage anything would be more rational.

Kueller917
03-08-2012, 09:59 AM

Their main HQ is in New York though, so fuck.

GSMU7
03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
typically its on a sunday night when i work.

Aquifa
04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Their main HQ is in New York though, so fuck.

Get me a train ticket and there won't be a main HQ. :joker:

fabripav
04-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Get me a train ticket and there won't be a main HQ. :joker:

:joker:

http://bit.ly/QM2BKM http://bit.ly/NLG3qk

SerpentSatellite
04-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Never overestimate US television!
This might be why my guide doesn't have the show listed. :rolleyes:

Aquifa
04-08-2012, 10:40 PM
http://bit.ly/QM2BKM http://bit.ly/NLG3qk

Charge! :awesome:

bellapod
06-08-2012, 09:26 PM
So wish I could go to this. It's less than an hour away.

hyper_chondriac_muser
07-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Now only 1500 tickets left. I might pay that for a Muse gig on Mars, but not to a fecking Olympic concert, essentially! It's shocking money and the LOCOG people should be slated for selling tickets at a price like that. There's 'once in a lifetime' and there's plain insanity :p. Anyways, much as it would be mind blowing to see them in the venue, a friend of mine who went to the Opening Ceremony said he could barely hear/see much of it and felt far-removed from the 'action'. I'd rather have the best seat from my sofa, which is free :D.

hyper_chondriac_muser
07-08-2012, 05:57 PM
I can't listen to Survival without thinking about how they'd perform this - and it only just dawned on me that it's this week! :facepalm: lol! I keep picturing Dom wearing spandex-style Gymnastics clothing - cos he just would. :LOL:

I doubt LOCOG would let them be silly about it but it would be funny if they each wore a different GB kit while performing. Dom would jump at the chance to wear skin-tight lycra :p.

Oh Hannah
07-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Oh pleeeeeaasse

What :ninja:

mjartrod
07-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I can't listen to Survival without thinking about how they'd perform this - and it only just dawned on me that it's this week! :facepalm: lol! I keep picturing Dom wearing spandex-style Gymnastics clothing - cos he just would. :LOL: :LOL:
I also keep picturing how they'd perform this. I keep imagining Matt going crazy on the guitar and the choir in the back or side of the stage....

....and it will probably be nothing like this cos Matt will be nervous as hell and perhaps there won't be a choir at all lol

hyper_chondriac_muser
07-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I also keep picturing how they'd perform this. I keep imagining Matt going crazy on the guitar and the choir in the back or side of the stage....

....and it will probably be nothing like this cos Matt will be nervous as hell and perhaps there won't be a choir at all lol

I know, and that would be the biggest let down, cos it's the perfect time/venue to go all out: choir, orchestra - the works. It's a one-off, after all, and will probably be the biggest event they'll ever perform at (in terms of worldwide viewers).

My worst-case predictions are:
-They won't have a real orchestra and probably no choir
-Prelude won't be played
-Matt won't hit the fatality falsetto at the end (he'll play it octaves lower or just change it or move away from the mic :p)
-The instrumental bit at the end will be cut short
-LOCOG will rain on their parade by preventing them from doing anything more than a conventional 3-4minute song before rapidly moving on to the next bit.

Just to put a typical dampener on things :p. It'll still be a great performance, cos they're pros. I'd love it to be the final performance of the ceremony, but even though it's the 'official song' (lol), I doubt they'd give it such a high profile slot.

Oh Hannah
07-08-2012, 10:33 PM
It won't be last, they will have some ancient people (cough Brian may cough) on last. But I am sure they will have orchestra and choir and prelude! :awesome:

hyper_chondriac_muser
07-08-2012, 10:45 PM
It won't be last, they will have some ancient people (cough Brian may cough) on last. But I am sure they will have orchestra and choir and prelude! :awesome:

They'll probably have an Ancient Greek Olympian on last :LOL:. I hope your certainty is accurate ;). It would be amazing if they had all that, and I'm sure the band themselves want to do it that way, but I'm just thinking about how arsey the organisers would probably be (considering LOCOG would probably ban breathing without correct sponsorship if they could) and how regimented these things are. Hopefully they'll want it to be epic too and allow the full works :awesome:.