PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Muse Fans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RedRoses
25-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey Man, our thread was deleted. People from Canada that like Muse make yourselves known again.
:)

kaelala
25-02-2004, 03:54 AM
hey hey! I'm here, as a small minority, us Canadian Muse fans must band together :D

I_Like_Muse
25-02-2004, 04:04 AM
:(

what da hell...

back to business...

go bug you local HMV, Sunrise & MusicWorld to stock copies of Absolution in the coming month.

Why not do the same at the local Chapters/Indigo.

RedRoses
26-02-2004, 03:39 AM
I wrote a couple days ago that the musclemuse guy nicolas said that absolution might be released in canada the same time that the us will be releasing it. And that there is a possibility that muse might come to canada in the spring.Woo Hoo.

Flippy thanks for the help I think I'm gonna start to set up the page in april.

what da hell...

back to business...

go bug you local HMV, Sunrise & MusicWorld to stock copies of Absolution in the coming month.

Why not do the same at the local Chapters/Indigo.

Aryka
26-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I work @ an HMV and we stock Absolution :) It's tough though b/c we have to import it right now, and it takes weeks to have it shipped...
Will be nice once the album is domestic.

Libra! Nice to see you here :)

anywho, I got Absolution from HMV but it was $24.99, which kind of sucks. My friend Allie also found Showbiz at Edward's Music World for $17.99. I'm so jealous, it was the only copy.

allzpalz
26-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Hem, you got absolution FOR ME, with MY money :P I know, I owe you a few bucks. Talk to me at school.

Coming here? In spring? That would be...ee-mazing. *crosses fingers*

You think they'd come to Toronto? I mean, yeah, it's hip ;), but, some bands skip us. Quelle shame.

I_Like_Muse
27-02-2004, 03:44 AM
I work @ an HMV and we stock Absolution :) It's tough though b/c we have to import it right now, and it takes weeks to have it shipped...
Will be nice once the album is domestic.

March, 23/04 - New Release card found in the section at my local HMV.

Which store do you work at?

I work at store #900.

monkypunk
27-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Libra! Nice to see you here :)

anywho, I got Absolution from HMV but it was $24.99, which kind of sucks. My friend Allie also found Showbiz at Edward's Music World for $17.99. I'm so jealous, it was the only copy.

wow libra and aryka...we're taking over this board now?

anyhoo HMV in barrie has origin of symmetry for 39.99 and absolution for a little less...

im waiting for the tour...and ive been waiting for tooo long

I_Like_Muse
28-02-2004, 04:01 AM
anyhoo HMV in barrie has origin of symmetry for 39.99

Nationwide prices for back catalogue special imports...

actually cheaper to buy it online from HMV.co.uk or cduniverse.com

RedRoses
28-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Canadian Musers,
I talked to some one this morning that lives in muse's home town. He might have been lying I don't know. Well if it's the truth he's gonna tell Chris that we wanna see Muse in Canada. I don't know if anything will come of it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Nationwide prices for back catalogue special imports...

actually cheaper to buy it online from HMV.co.uk or cduniverse.com

RedRoses
28-02-2004, 04:34 PM
I wanna make a poll to see how many people you think would come to a Muse concert in Canada.

incubism
28-02-2004, 04:36 PM
maybe you should make a thread with a poll then :) its easy, just choose the poll-options when making a thread

RedRoses
28-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Wasn't done sorry
maybe you should make a thread with a poll then :) its easy, just choose the poll-options when making a thread

monkypunk
28-02-2004, 09:13 PM
they're already planning canadian dates...so your friend talking to them isnt gonna make them come any faster

kaelala
29-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Please, please let what you're saying be true, it'd be cruel if they didn't come to Canada. Everyone stops in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. We'll welcome Muse with open arms :D No worries though, I mean if they're gonna do a Canada stint, gaurantee Toronto stop, I mean it's Toronto, largest city population in Canada, barely anyone skips us....

As far as album hunting is going for me, tis my birthday soon, so here's to hope of getting some moola so I can buy Absolution quicker :D

monkypunk
29-02-2004, 03:19 AM
toronto=awesome

the big debate is WHERE?

opera house
phoenix
kool haus
kathedral (boo)
hopefully not air canada centre..i doubt it

my vote is for the phoenix

RedRoses
29-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Sorry I didn't know that they were planning on coming here. I'm sure they would think it was cool though that we asked about them coming though. It will make them feel like their welcome and that were excited for them to be here. I hope that they go to Toronto too. Fat chance that they would come to my home town I'm up north in Ontario. Not way up north but far enough that bands like Muse wouldn't come up here. If they come sometime soon lets meet up and hangout after the concert!!!

they're already planning canadian dates...so your friend talking to them isnt gonna make them come any faster

RedRoses
29-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Oh man I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! Can hardly contain myself. Want to jump around and scream but my leg is messed up. My heart is beating faster I think.

Please, please let what you're saying be true, it'd be cruel if they didn't come to Canada. Everyone stops in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. We'll welcome Muse with open arms :D No worries though, I mean if they're gonna do a Canada stint, gaurantee Toronto stop, I mean it's Toronto, largest city population in Canada, barely anyone skips us....

As far as album hunting is going for me, tis my birthday soon, so here's to hope of getting some moola so I can buy Absolution quicker :D

Aryka
29-02-2004, 03:37 AM
1) re: taking over the boards
it was only a matter of time....

2) Allz, I forgot you owe me money! *shakes fist* hehehe

3) I am counting down the days until release...only 24 left!

4) I went to 2 HUGE HMV's on friday, and BOTH had little cards for Muse (one had 3 of them!) and neither store had ANY copies of ANYTHING by Muse. I nearly cried.

toronto=awesome

the big debate is WHERE?

opera house
phoenix
kool haus
kathedral (boo)
hopefully not air canada centre..i doubt it

my vote is for the phoenix

Muse...at the pheonix...a dream come true!
Although I wouldn't protest if they played at the opera house.

Aryka
29-02-2004, 03:58 AM
I think it's hard to tell how many people would go to their shows before Absolution is even released here. At this point, I'd say 100-500, but with the CD released, probably more like 500-1000. *shrug* My friends and I have been in debate over this for some time now. Greg seems to think that they'd play at the Molson Amphitheatre or the ACC, but I think probably Kool Haus (for Toronto, anyway).

kaelala
29-02-2004, 05:09 AM
As for if they were to ever do a show in Toronto, the Opera House has AMAZING accoustics. I've only been to on concert there, but that's the best quality I can remember. Downside is it costs more, and in the balconies it's easy to get an obstructed view, ditto with the floor. I've been to four concerts at the kool haus (btw: isn't that the cheesiest name ever?? what was wrong with the warehouse?) and tickets are normally well priced/cheepish, unless your silverchair, you can have any view you want, plus there's a bar :D hehe, I bet on the Kool Haus, it's a pretty good venue.

I_Like_Muse
29-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Best sound in TO - the Music Hall on the Danforth

worst sound, Lee's Palace, nobody's sounds good there

allzpalz
29-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Opera house. Totally. (haha, aryka, touchy touchy! ;))

RedRoses
29-02-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't care where the concert happens. I've never been to a concert in TO. I'm just happy that their coming.
Opera house. Totally. (haha, aryka, touchy touchy! ;))

monkypunk
29-02-2004, 10:50 PM
if you're speaking of RIGHT NOW, i'd say about 500...but after absolution drops i'd double that figure

monkypunk
29-02-2004, 10:52 PM
id say they should play in barrie...but
1) where?
2) not enough people would be there if there was also a toronto show

Aryka
01-03-2004, 03:15 AM
hey, if there was a Barrie show I'd defenitely go to that one too! But I highly doubt that will happen, sorry.
I'm up for NY though!

RedRoses
02-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Me too! Barrie or Toronto would be great. NY is too far away so is CA. That's why I hope what others are saying is true that Muse will come to Canada!
hey, if there was a Barrie show I'd defenitely go to that one too! But I highly doubt that will happen, sorry.
I'm up for NY though!

RedRoses
02-03-2004, 01:30 AM
I don't know why this is all stuck together. Now it's confusing. Geeze.
Me too! Barrie or Toronto would be great. NY is too far away so is CA. That's why I hope what others are saying is true that Muse will come to Canada!

allzpalz
02-03-2004, 01:38 AM
I don't know why this is all stuck together. Now it's confusing. Geeze.

ew. I know.
Muse has to come here. I would spend SO much at that concert. Hell, I'd buy the friggen towel. I need Hullabaloo. NEED.

kaelala
02-03-2004, 03:36 AM
Ditto with the loads o' spending of Muse merch I need to get .I need to get all of their albums and if there is a way where I could spend less doing that way then through HMV, or MusicWorld, or Sunrise, or whatever, I'll do it :D Plus all the merch I've seen on their site looks pretty wicked also.

Aryka
02-03-2004, 04:55 PM
ew. I know.
Muse has to come here. I would spend SO much at that concert. Hell, I'd buy the friggen towel. I need Hullabaloo. NEED.

I want that towel SO badly!!!!!!!!! It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
I want *everything*
I'm saving up my money now so that I'll have enough in time...

monkypunk
03-03-2004, 02:04 AM
i'll be getting all the albums...origin first, then absolution, then showbiz, then hulla
and for sure a shirt...come on!

I_Like_Muse
03-03-2004, 10:22 PM
20 days left...

monkypunk
04-03-2004, 12:16 AM
libra, i know, we collect here

i cant wait...its gonna be sick

RedRoses
04-03-2004, 05:30 AM
That's super! I'll probably buy my cd at the concert cause I'm not sure if it will be given to the stores here. There is a Music World, CD Plus, and another one I can't remember the name of...
As some of you already know, I work in a record store, and we've already had about a dozen special orders placed for the album. Once I get a few in stock, they're sold within a week. And this is with the album not even being domestic yet! Muse will do well once the 23rd rolls around...

allzpalz
04-03-2004, 12:27 PM
I had the worst dream EVER.

Also being released on the 23rd is the will&grace season 2 on DVD, Weezer blue album deluxe edition, and the weezer DVD.

So, in this dream, I was in this gigantic HMV on the 23rd, and they had NOTHING. it was all sold out. :( quelle sadness. Maybe I should go pre-order all my stuff?

I_Like_Muse
04-03-2004, 02:52 PM
19 days...

RedRoses
05-03-2004, 01:20 PM
That's a horrible dream. Don't worry it won't happen. I thought I wasn't going to get my Blindside cd cause I gave them the wrong address. I still got it though.
I had the worst dream EVER.

Also being released on the 23rd is the will&grace season 2 on DVD, Weezer blue album deluxe edition, and the weezer DVD.

So, in this dream, I was in this gigantic HMV on the 23rd, and they had NOTHING. it was all sold out. :( quelle sadness. Maybe I should go pre-order all my stuff?

I_Like_Muse
05-03-2004, 04:11 PM
18 days...

I_Like_Muse
06-03-2004, 04:32 PM
17 days...

RedRoses
07-03-2004, 12:19 AM
I went to CD Plus today to see if they would be getting Absolution in on March 23rd,2004. I was thinking that they would probably say that they weren't. But Yesssssssssssssssss they are getting it in. And get this it's only $14.99 Canadian!!!!
17 days...

allzpalz
07-03-2004, 02:50 AM
Okay. July dates have been confirmed. Not here. When the hell are they comiiiinggg?

Totally worth the wait, though.

I_Like_Muse
07-03-2004, 12:22 PM
16 days...

HMV Hillcrest (in Richmond Hill's Hillcrest Mall) currently has 5 on order. Price to be confirmed, hopefully by the end of today.

monkypunk
07-03-2004, 03:07 PM
that brings up an interesting question...whens Origin Of Symmetry gionna be released here?
i love that album...and though alot of people are telling me Absolution is was better (like kenny in moneen...he loves it) i still want origin

I_Like_Muse
08-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Canada's version of Absolution will only have 12 tracks :(
I'm not sure which ones get cut out :(

When did this happen? How do you know this? What the f*ck? This blows.

Okay, not for me, I got the Euro release months ago, but still, why change the album?

Aryka
08-03-2004, 12:51 AM
what?? but I thought someone said something about bonus tracks...bonus tracks!!
grrr...perhaps it was just a dream...I confuse them sometimes...but I swear someone actually said it!

16 days

oh, and Amanda--if I get the job I'm applying for (probably tomorrow) I'll be able to afford NY as well (I think) but otherwise it may not be possible. *cries*

merch I would want: shirt(s), hoodie, towel, necklace, all CD's and DVD's...basically anything they have I want

monkypunk
08-03-2004, 03:24 AM
well less tracks is less fun

I_Like_Muse
08-03-2004, 12:16 PM
15 days...

I_Like_Muse
08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Good ol' TRACK.

I never bothered to check the notes field. I was just so pleased to see it on TRACK and with some qty on order.

allzpalz
08-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Erica! Perhaps you could hitch a ride with moi, if we go. Damn you for telling about more tracks. You suck. Way to get my hopes up.

and I neeeed origin. I guess I'll wait for a concert.

monkypunk
09-03-2004, 01:52 AM
man i wish it was out already!

as im sure all of you do too...but wutdahell

I_Like_Muse
09-03-2004, 01:54 PM
14 days...

I_Like_Muse
09-03-2004, 01:55 PM
All I know is what the TRACK system at work tells me. And it tells me 12 tracks on the domestic release of Absolution :(

Woo, hey good luck getting the job then Erica :) NY will be so much fun if it happens :) :)

It could be possible that whoever enters the data for TRACK does not consider Intro and Interlude as tracks. Or maybe those are the two being omitted... hmmm...

RedRoses
09-03-2004, 08:06 PM
That's what one of my friends told me that some tracks will not be included. Even if the Intro and the Interlude aren't included that won't be much off a loss their just short songs. I hope that they'll be selling the enhanced version though with the dvd stuff on it.
It could be possible that whoever enters the data for TRACK does not consider Intro and Interlude as tracks. Or maybe those are the two being omitted... hmmm...

I_Like_Muse
10-03-2004, 02:49 PM
I hope that they'll be selling the enhanced version though with the dvd stuff on it.

HMV's TRACK system, their internal inventory and all-encompassing master program doesn't say anything about a 2nd disc, so it looks doubtful.

I've got the bonus DVD, and like most bonus disc versions of albums, there is not really anything on it. Just a bunch of wasted space.

I_Like_Muse
10-03-2004, 02:50 PM
I, am not a superstitious man...

THIRTEEN days...

lucky 13...

XIII for the older folks...

allzpalz
11-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Wasted space? What exactly is on it?

allzpalz
11-03-2004, 12:24 PM
12.99!!!! holy fork. I need this bonus DVD. NEED. bah.

and, uh, if I got a ride to NYC, it would really be to New Jersey with my family, and cousins, so I don't know... as I've known Erica for a while..and...and...blah.

I_Like_Muse
11-03-2004, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Libra]It's got like 30-40 minutes of in-studio footage!QUOTE]

Watching a group of people make parts of songs isn't entertaining, at least in my opinion. I guess it's different when you've actually been that guy tooling around in the studio...

12 days...

kaelala
11-03-2004, 07:02 PM
yayness for cheep Muse :D As an unemployed student I can definutely afford that :D I'm checking out Newmarket HMV this weekend in hopes they've ordered some, but if not looks like I'll be heading to Hillcrest.

What's with 'dates were announced'? Do you mean American dates??? And if so, what about us?? We're on pins and needles here.....

RedRoses
12-03-2004, 02:58 AM
My friend told me the extra dvd stuff was cool. The only American Dates I can see on the muscle muse site is the May 2nd thing in Indio,CA at Coachella. I can't really see the tour dates on this site cause it looks a little messed up on my pc.

I hope that I wasn't dumb and assuming thinking that they are coming here when maybe their not. There is still hope though there is lots of space inbetween May 2, 2004 and July 2004. I hope that maybe they'd consider doing one or two shows here. Pretty please with sugar on top.

yayness for cheep Muse :D As an unemployed student I can definutely afford that :D I'm checking out Newmarket HMV this weekend in hopes they've ordered some, but if not looks like I'll be heading to Hillcrest.

What's with 'dates were announced'? Do you mean American dates??? And if so, what about us?? We're on pins and needles here.....

kaelala
12-03-2004, 03:20 PM
They have to tour, and I think Canada is an excellent market for them :D We're a music loving country and especially love British bands.

On the up side, today's my 20th bday!! :D

I_Like_Muse
12-03-2004, 11:17 PM
On the up side, today's my 20th bday!! :D

:) :) Happy birthday! :) :)

I_Like_Muse
12-03-2004, 11:20 PM
They have to tour, and I think Canada is an excellent market for them :D We're a music loving country and especially love British bands.

What is it with British bands that the American's don't get but Canadians seem to pick up on. Jamiroquai, Robbie Williams and The Darkness and to some extent Genesis (the Peter Gabriel period). All seem to have stronger followings in Canada than they do south of the 49th.

I_Like_Muse
12-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Eleven
days

monkypunk
13-03-2004, 04:47 AM
i like watching studio stuff...i wish there were more stuff like that, like on the early novembers behind the scenes stuff you see alot

I_Like_Muse
13-03-2004, 02:19 PM
10 days...

allzpalz
14-03-2004, 01:02 PM
-taken from my livejournal in the community "mattofmuse"-

elfreakokid
2004-03-13 18:15 (link) Select
(any news on a Canadian tour? heh.)2006, if you're very, very lucky.

It's a logical assumption. After promising two US tours for this year, all they've got pencilled in is one festival appearance. Then they've got various festivals in Europe to get through, and a couple of small European tours. I'd be surprised if you saw them next year, to be honest.

I'm crushed.

monkypunk
14-03-2004, 10:25 PM
they're supposed to be planning one, so dont believe some guys live journal over the bands press release

kaelala
15-03-2004, 12:31 AM
So guess what I finally did today? I headed over to the HMV in Newmarket to check if they're getting Absolution in on the 23rd, and they're not. they're not that is until March 30th AND it's gonna cost $19.99. Eeek! So the guy asked me if me if I wanted to have one put aside and I said 'alright' since I've been waiting for soooooo long for something Muse would release domestically. But when the guy was searching apparently the import of Absolution is actually only $15.99 and has the two extra tracks. Since by that time I had spend most of the birthday money I opted to buy that one. It'll take 3-6 weeks. What I find weird though is that the domestic isn't cheeper than the import. Weird right?

I_Like_Muse
15-03-2004, 01:56 AM
So guess what I finally did today? I headed over to the HMV in Newmarket to check if they're getting Absolution in on the 23rd, and they're not. they're not that is until March 30th AND it's gonna cost $19.99. Eeek! So the guy asked me if me if I wanted to have one put aside and I said 'alright' since I've been waiting for soooooo long for something Muse would release domestically. But when the guy was searching apparently the import of Absolution is actually only $15.99 and has the two extra tracks. Since by that time I had spend most of the birthday money I opted to buy that one. It'll take 3-6 weeks. What I find weird though is that the domestic isn't cheeper than the import. Weird right?

The import has a sale price of 15.99 while the domestic is still at the MSRP. New releases get their sale price the sunday before release usually. I could be wrong though.

Not sure 'bout the release date being pushed back though.

9 days?

kaelala
15-03-2004, 06:34 AM
Ahhhhh... I see. Maybe I'll cancell the import and switch the domestic Absolution. Thanx for the info :D

allzpalz
15-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Anyone else misread the "MUSE IN TORINO" post and almost piss their pants?

...not that I did.

I_Like_Muse
15-03-2004, 02:08 PM

...not that I did.
:p

8 days?

monkypunk
15-03-2004, 09:46 PM

...not that I did.

i did
i read it really quick and got excited

Aryka
16-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Allz--hitchng a ride with you is probably something I could afford, excellent....*cackles*
Amanda--I could arrange a spot in my suitcase for you if you do the same for me avec Coachella ;) lol

I_Like_Muse
17-03-2004, 03:03 AM
... 7 ... ?

allzpalz
17-03-2004, 01:41 PM
The horrible story of yesterday:

I was at HMV, and, as always, looking for hullabaloo in the DVDs. I look under muse, and, of course, nada. I decide to look under hullabaloo. there's a name tag thingy. There's 3 DVDs in it. Holy fork. I pick on up, and it's from the 70's and 60's hullabaloo ness.

I was cruuuushed.

RedRoses
17-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Domestic cd of Absolution is coming to my town March 23 and it's 14.99!!! I hope it's not late. Crossing my fingers. 6 more days???? unless you don't count the 23rd. 5 more days!! Hoping to see Matthew Bellamy soon. Crossing my fingers.
they're supposed to be planning one, so dont believe some guys live journal over the bands press release

I_Like_Muse
18-03-2004, 04:53 PM
The horrible story of yesterday:

I was at HMV, and, as always, looking for hullabaloo in the DVDs. I look under muse, and, of course, nada. I decide to look under hullabaloo. there's a name tag thingy. There's 3 DVDs in it. Holy fork. I pick on up, and it's from the 70's and 60's hullabaloo ness.

I was cruuuushed.

As it currently stands, Hullabaloo will not be released in North America. There is no region 1 version of Hullabaloo. North America retailers won't carry it because of that fact.

I've got the region 9 (all region?) version of it in Australia and had it shipped here. I can only get it to run on my DVD-ROM.

Buy it online, that's your best bet and hope your DVD can read different regions.

allzpalz
19-03-2004, 12:02 AM
If they EVER came here and played at some forking 19+ venue, I..oh god, I can't express what'd I'd feel with the keyboard. I could go into some mass cursing rage, but it's not worth it.

they BEST not.

kaelala
19-03-2004, 06:08 AM
If they EVER came here and played at some forking 19+ venue, I..oh god, I can't express what'd I'd feel with the keyboard. I could go into some mass cursing rage, but it's not worth it.

they BEST not.

That'd be really sucky if they did that, but I doubt they'd ever do that if they came here, right?? More people = Goodness. Though I do see how their music could appeal more to an olderish audience. But if and when they ever come here and the place has a bar, bonus :D lol. Amoretto Sours are my new weakness, I just wish misxed drinks in Toronto didn't cost so damn much. $6 is just too much for a poor uni student :(

RedRoses
19-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Yo peeps. Muse may go to New York. Closer and closer they are getting.

kaelala
20-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Yo peeps. Muse may go to New York. Closer and closer they are getting.
When? b/c if it's to get to NYC is only a $216.00+ greyhound bus ride from Toronto. Somewhat affordable. Driving by car would be cheeper though but I think it's like a 10hr drive. Anyone could make it a NYC weekend if they wanted to since $216.00 is a lot of cash.

Aryka
20-03-2004, 05:59 AM
woo! I found a copy of Showbiz at Edward's Music World today for $17.99! (same place Alz got hers, but they seem to only ever have one copy stocked at a time)
however this leaves me with roughly $30.00 left in my bank account :eek: :'(

allzpalz
20-03-2004, 02:33 PM
woo! I found a copy of Showbiz at Edward's Music World today for $17.99! (same place Alz got hers, but they seem to only ever have one copy stocked at a time)
however this leaves me with roughly $30.00 left in my bank account :eek: :'(

I've been out all friggen week looking for origin...no one's gonna have it, but I still look :P

aaanyways, I saw SO many copies of showbiz and absolution, of course, after I buy it. I think I'm ordering origin online :)

eddie fl!pside
20-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Hey Canadian Musers, Allzpallz i bought OOS a couple of months ago at HMV..but it cost me 39.99..it was worth the money..so you better keep on saving lol :) But who knows, u may find a cheaper one. Good Luck

Kaelala i heard some news of the NY muse concert also..but they havent shown the exact date, u can read a bit from this site, just scroll down:

http://www.invictus.softmeg.com/

oh right, this is a good site for ppl who dont know..if u register and post a miminal of 5 posts..u can download some of their live gigs on the Live/Rare Media section.

So Rosie, did u get that website rolling yet? Come on now..no lolligagging..lol..keep buggin Nick..nudge nudge

kaelala
20-03-2004, 11:14 PM
I think any possible shows done in the US & Canada are gonna have to be club shows, they just don't have the area drawing power here and there.

If the NYC Ballroom is true.... I gotta find a way there, hehe. Close enough to drive or go by bus, though driving would be cheeper. Ack! Can't they just come to Toronto and make a bunch of us happy??

sunny-16
22-03-2004, 12:37 AM
i like canada, i'd prolly go a muse concert in toronto just for an excuse to go to canada. It's so much better than my country....i'm jealous of all of you.

...that's all.

kaelala
22-03-2004, 04:39 AM
Thank you for the loverly words about our home :D I'm pretty sure we love it all too, and I'm pretty sure there are parts we hate about it too (ie: politics, policies, drinking age, and whatnot). I think if anything at all though we want some definute touring dates for Muse in Canada. Canada tends to really love British bands, so I'm sure there are oodles of Canadians just waiting for some Muse music-lovin'.

I_Like_Muse
22-03-2004, 01:11 PM
according to cduniverse.com
1. Apocalypse Please
2. Time Is Running Out
3. Sing For Absolution
4. Stockholm Syndrome
5. Falling Away With You
6. Hysteria
7. Blackout
8. Butterflies And Hurricanes
9. Small Print, The
10. Endlessly
11. Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist
12. Ruled By Secrecy

monkypunk
23-03-2004, 12:52 AM
everywhere i've gone says its the 30th now...which sucks since it should be out tomorrow

lesh
23-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Hello, another Canuck here! Will travel! For Muse! Chicago is as close as we may get!

RedRoses
23-03-2004, 03:41 AM
Hey Hey!
Hopefully all will work out and they'll let me have a ticket for a muse concert in 3 days...If they come to TO I'd rather go there but maybe this is all I can get???Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!I hopefully get to see Matty!

kaelala
23-03-2004, 05:27 AM
OMG!!!! Toronto, April 19th Lee's Palace!!!!

They're not listed on Lee's Palace's website yet, but ticketmaster.ca does have them up, with a photo to boot, date not listed yet. By the looks of it tickets will be cheep (ya!) but most likely a 19+ show. I'm SO dragging my friends to come see them, lol, and hopefully they'll like Muse :D

I'll also do promo work for the show for free if they want :D I go to school right in the downtown area, plus I live in Toronto for school right now, easy access :D.

eddie fl!pside
23-03-2004, 09:39 AM
I just found this out from a special friend of mine..wahoo i cant believe it, there actually coming here. Man, am i ever stoked!!!

Carbaret in Montreal- April 18
Lee's Palace in Toronto- April 19
Richards On Richards in Vancouver- May 10

Muse Countdown:28 days!!!

cheers.........

allzpalz
23-03-2004, 12:37 PM
WHY THE HELL ARE THEY PLAYING AT LEE'S?

If I can't get in...holy fork. I'm FREAKING OUT here. WHY DO THEY HATE ME?

(by the way, I don't see it on ticketmaster...)

RedRoses
23-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Dam...I should have waited...Oh well I'll go to both or just the one in Canada...Are the tickets available for Toronto yet??
I just found this out from a special friend of mine..wahoo i cant believe it, there actually coming here. Man, am i ever stoked!!!

Carbaret in Montreal- April 18
Lee's Palace in Toronto- April 19
Richards On Richards in Vancouver- May 10

Muse Countdown:28 days!!!

cheers.........

I_Like_Muse
23-03-2004, 02:24 PM
'kay, Lee's Palace is a dank little hole in the ground but whatever. At least they're comin' to TO.

Aryka
23-03-2004, 04:50 PM
'kay, Lee's Palace is a dank little hole in the ground but whatever. At least they're comin' to TO.

I'm scared that I'm going to start crying right in the middle of class....why can't I be 19?????????
There's a miniscule possibility that it won't be 19+, I've known a few shows at Lee's to be all ages....I'm going to be calling that place non-stop.
And getting a fake ID.
And even if my some chance I do get in, I'm so broke right now and I won't have any money for merch! I wanted to spend like $200! *sniff* ahhhhhhhh :'(

kaelala
23-03-2004, 09:23 PM
As far as I know, tickets aren't available yet, but I have signed up for an alert thingie on ticketmaster.ca so hopefully we'll all know soon. Though ti is sorta sucky timing, like Aryka I'm so damn broke it's not funny and I wanted to go all merch crazy and stuff.

But yeah, I think we should find a way so that the people who aren't 19 yet can get in. The Muse show may be a one time off thing if it doesn't go well, though I'm hoping and praying that it goes fantabulously, and no one should be denied their right to see them b/c an of age thing.

allzpalz
23-03-2004, 09:25 PM
we've been emailing lee's palace.

More emails would be helpful! :)

kaelala
23-03-2004, 09:31 PM

What have you been expressing in the e-mails just so we can get a jist of what you're saying so we can possibly start a mini-campaign for everyone. Who is under 19 here??

allzpalz
23-03-2004, 10:54 PM
I just realized that this place makes more on drinks than on tickets. They're SO not gonna change. BAH.

monkypunk
23-03-2004, 11:31 PM

i emailed them as soon as i found out
if they dont make it all ages they need to do an all ages show here at least

RedRoses
23-03-2004, 11:40 PM
The one in Chicago is for 19 and older I think cause it's so late...I hope it's an all ages concert in TO...If I can I'm getting a ticket for that one too...So I'll see you there kalelea and everyone else :)
i emailed them as soon as i found out
if they dont make it all ages they need to do an all ages show here at least

kaelala
23-03-2004, 11:51 PM
The one in Chicago is for 19 and older I think cause it's so late...I hope it's an all ages concert in TO...If I can I'm getting a ticket for that one too...So I'll see you there kalelea and everyone else :)

Yeah, I think RedRoses is right, in Toronto I believe if a concert starts sometime around 9PM or after then it's automaticly a 19+ show b/c alcohal is a main money maker for the venue (ie. the Kool Haus has the gaul to charge $6 for a mixed drink, boo!!). I'll still e-mail Lee's though b/c my little sister is 17 and she's been loving Muse for just as long as I have and she's crushed that is may be a 19+ show.

But anyways, I'm bursting with excitement, I can't wait to see and hear Muse and also see whomever can make it from here :D

I_Like_Muse
24-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Not trying to piss anyone off but I've never really liked going to all ages performances. I've always preferred the more laid back attitude that comes from a slightly older (I'm talking middle-aged people here folks) audience.

But I can't really understand what some of you are going through, all the shows I saw (or wanted to see) as a teen were at all ages or at venues which didn't have to deal with making all their profits off the liquor. Places like the SkyDome and Markham Theatre (best place around here to see a show, by FAR, but a group like Muse would never, EVER play there).

RedRoses
24-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Oh your stupid... ha ha just kindding...I think all ages should be able to come to this concert we'll probably buy all sorts of stuff while where there and they'll make tons of money...It's not fair not letting younger people in to the concert a bulk of the people that like Muse all around the world are under age 19...It doesn't make sense to not allow them to come...they'll have a more packed house if they do let them come and they'll sell more tickets that way...I mean they won't make money off of me I don't even drink...All they'll get is my ticket and pop money...ha ha...
Not trying to piss anyone off but I've never really liked going to all ages performances. I've always preferred the more laid back attitude that comes from a slightly older (I'm talking middle-aged people here folks) audience.

But I can't really understand what some of you are going through, all the shows I saw (or wanted to see) as a teen were at all ages or at venues which didn't have to deal with making all their profits off the liquor. Places like the SkyDome and Markham Theatre (best place around here to see a show, by FAR, but a group like Muse would never, EVER play there).

RedRoses
24-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Writing myself back...ha ha...I emailed Lee's Palace...I hope it helps...I have another idea...Always full of them you know... What if we told them that none of us fans over age 19 will drink while at the concert so that the younger ones can come...Kind of a boycott of sorts...I know this will be a more difficult choice for some than others...but it's worth it if the others can come...So alcohol will be unavailable to all of us while there...What do you think???...I didn't tell this to Lee's Palace I didn't wanna attack them...I just suggested that they'd make more money selling us food and non-alcoholic beverages and that they would get a full house if all ages were allowed to come...Cause a major amount of fans in Canada and around the world are under 19...I'm so smart ha ha....Hmm what do you people think??? You could always drink later...We could make the news I'm sure ha ha...Which would lead to a greater exposure of Muse!! Which is good...he he...I just have way too much time on my hands...
Oh your stupid... ha ha just kindding...I think all ages should be able to come to this concert we'll probably buy all sorts of stuff while where there and they'll make tons of money...It's not fair not letting younger people in to the concert a bulk of the people that like Muse all around the world are under age 19...It doesn't make sense to not allow them to come...they'll have a more packed house if they do let them come and they'll sell more tickets that way...I mean they won't make money off of me I don't even drink...All they'll get is my ticket and pop money...ha ha...

Aryka
24-03-2004, 04:59 PM
does anyone know if the montreal show is 18+ or all ages? I couldn't find the venue on the internet...

allzpalz
25-03-2004, 02:42 AM
urg, when are they going to release more information? The stress is killing me.

RedRoses
25-03-2004, 03:21 AM
Yes I need to get my ticket for the Toronto concert...Let me know where I can get it I don't live there...Oh and I go my Chicago ticket...Does anyone want it??? I don't think it's a good idea for me to go there makes no sense what was I thinking...Oh yes perhaps I wasn't gonna see em here...
urg, when are they going to release more information? The stress is killing me.

kaelala
25-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Yes I need to get my ticket for the Toronto concert...Let me know where I can get it I don't live there...Oh and I go my Chicago ticket...Does anyone want it??? I don't think it's a good idea for me to go there makes no sense what was I thinking...Oh yes perhaps I wasn't gonna see em here...

Ticketmaster will most likely sell the tickets, some record stores also sell them in the area. As for the the Chicago one, try posting in the American forum, maybe you'll get a hit :D

RedRoses
25-03-2004, 03:30 AM
Thanks...Kalelea... I just did that...I hope that they sell them on ticketmaster looks as if it's the only way I can get it...Unless someone from Toronto is nice an buys me a ticket from a Record store...It's okay though don't have to.
Ticketmaster will most likely sell the tickets, some record stores also sell them in the area. As for the the Chicago one, try posting in the American forum, maybe you'll get a hit :D

Aryka
25-03-2004, 05:02 PM
i know...i heard...i was crushed...
you guys have to get me into Lee's....my life is riding on this...and I will probabyl hate you for so long because you get to see them at least 3 times! I hate you. *sniff* no I don't, I love. haha

naughtica
25-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey Man, our thread was deleted. People from Canada that like Muse make yourselves known again.
:)
WHOOOHOOO CANADA!!

naughtica
25-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Damn! sunrise records dont have the muse tickets out yet for the lees palace!!! god damn!! martha I think am gonnew go to the metro with you (chicago) and for the age thing!! THANK GOD FOR FAKE IDZ!! but even if ur under age they put an x mark on the back of yur hand so u cant drink ...I know from experience, cus this one time in TO i went and I had my first fake ID and it was so shitty a fuckin blind old lady would of known its not me!! and the person who saw just laughed at me and was like its ok am gonnew put an X on you, and I was like you can put a million X's on me as long as I get to go in!...hopefully they do the X thing, just incase me ID doesn't work out!

allzpalz
25-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Do you really think they won't change it? Are we positive it's actually going to be 19+?

I NEED POSITIVE THOUGHTS.

RedRoses
26-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Man stinks a lot...I hope it all works out cause I've been so pushing that there will be a concert here...I'd much rather go to the Canandian one...They better let us all in...I'll start a riot...Ha ha that'd be funny...A small little woman yelling around...I think they will come out don't worry...We can believe in our hearts...I'll see you there if I remember what you look like...
Damn! sunrise records dont have the muse tickets out yet for the lees palace!!! god damn!! martha I think am gonnew go to the metro with you (chicago) and for the age thing!! THANK GOD FOR FAKE IDZ!! but even if ur under age they put an x mark on the back of yur hand so u cant drink ...I know from experience, cus this one time in TO i went and I had my first fake ID and it was so shitty a fuckin blind old lady would of known its not me!! and the person who saw just laughed at me and was like its ok am gonnew put an X on you, and I was like you can put a million X's on me as long as I get to go in!...hopefully they do the X thing, just incase me ID doesn't work out!

allzpalz
26-03-2004, 12:11 AM
haha, a riot. I've gotten many muse fans to email lee's. Like, MANY. I dunno, at least I'm trying.

When will they release more information? urgh.

lesh
26-03-2004, 01:58 AM
HOLY COW. PARTY IN THE T DOT.
Hey minors, believe me, I feel your pain. Let's just pray they will go to the Edge or MuchMusic or something. I always used to rely on that if I was too young to get into a gig.

So when do these tickets go on sale! SOOOOOO stoked!

naughtica
26-03-2004, 04:43 AM
So when do these tickets go on sale! SOOOOOO stoked!
iunno when the tix go on sale, i've been callin sunrise records n ticket masta.ca n all they dont know, so am gonnew buy a chicago tix for the metro so i cant see 'em twice! but i'd rather see 'em at mont. and TO

kaelala
26-03-2004, 04:45 AM
So today I had oodles of time btwn my class today and a meeting about second year at my loverly school so I wondered over to the Eaton's Centre, and know what's right by the Eaton's Centre? The Edge :D Or the location of where they broadcast is. So I went in and asked if they're ever gonna play Muse, they said that they recognized the name of the band and it's a possibility in the near future. So now at least it closer to seomthing then nothing. If they start playing Muse before the show date I would think they might head over to the Edge since it's like in the top 10 radio stations in the world, right?? Big audience = goodness :D

And I gotta warn all the minors about fake IDs. Toronto's on a crack down of them. B/c there are three major universities in the downtown area (U of T, Ryerson & OCAD) and because of the double cohort there's a even more underage ppl in the school's trying to scam the booze. We didn't get a frosh week b/c of it, so just watch out, if you're gonna get one then get a REALLY good one that is really believable.

allzpalz
26-03-2004, 12:32 PM
I've heard some lovely information about the edge giving away tickets for the concert.

Which means they might go live there.
Which means I have a chance.

RedRoses
26-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey Rocket. That rocks perhaps if no one buys my ticket here I'll go with ya. This waiting is driving me to drink lots of chocolate milk. Ha ha...
iunno when the tix go on sale, i've been callin sunrise records n ticket masta.ca n all they dont know, so am gonnew buy a chicago tix for the metro so i cant see 'em twice! but i'd rather see 'em at mont. and TO

kaelala
26-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Well it's good to hear that what sound like possible promo is gonna happen :D. I want them to blow up big here so that we can see them live more often and hear them over the radio instead of the internet, lol.

Aryka
26-03-2004, 04:40 PM
everyone get a copy of NOW magazine ASAP !!!
there's a Muse show listing for T.O but it doesn't say Lee's Palace on it! It says somethign else that I can't remember....hope for either a new venue, or maybe even 2 shows! (it's also on the 19th)

allzpalz
26-03-2004, 05:00 PM
It's "The mod club theatre". I;ve looked on their website, and it says NOTHING about being 19+, but I've emailed them jsut for confirmation.

AAAND, it's presented by the edge, so they might be there! (I've emailed the edge, too :P)

RedRoses
26-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Does this mean their playing both lees palace and the mod club theatre and that they'll be at the edge???
It's "The mod club theatre". I;ve looked on their website, and it says NOTHING about being 19+, but I've emailed them jsut for confirmation.

AAAND, it's presented by the edge, so they might be there! (I've emailed the edge, too :P)

allzpalz
26-03-2004, 10:29 PM
I don't know! I mean, it doesn't say ANYWHERE about the mod club, except this friggen' ad, with their picture and an ad for HMV, aaand the edge giving away tickets.

Anyone know about this mod place?

RedRoses
26-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Man, I looked em up on ticket master no tickets there either.
I don't know! I mean, it doesn't say ANYWHERE about the mod club, except this friggen' ad, with their picture and an ad for HMV, aaand the edge giving away tickets.

Anyone know about this mod place?

allzpalz
26-03-2004, 10:53 PM
http://www.engsoaps.com/newuploads/uploads/Picture%20007.jpg

The ad.

lesh
27-03-2004, 04:20 AM
http://www.themodclub.com/toronto/theatre/

Aryka
27-03-2004, 04:30 AM
I went to the Edge today, and they said that the Mod Club Theatre is still 19+
They also said that it is not yet onfirmed as to whether Muse will be at the Edge. (but that means that they might be!)
And because this show is an Edge event, I think there are new possibilites for me being able to go. 1) My sister's boyfriend gets me tickets through his connections and 2) Out of the kindness of his heart he gets on the guestlist and brings me as his guest. He doesn't actually have to stay, just be there long enough to get me in!

kaelala
27-03-2004, 06:01 AM
And to top off all the Muse-ness goodness that's been happening today, my sister heard Hysteria on the Edge today!!! WAHOO!!! three long years I've been waiting for all of this to happen. Good things are happening in this country and we're witnessing the possible beginning of hopefully something very big.

Also, looks like Muse launched a music player for Abosolution. Now all I must to borrow some cash from my sister so I can ge some merch and hopefully Origin of Symmetry @ the show :D Here's to me getting a job some time soon....

Oh, I'd also like to mention, has anyone noticed that the Official Muse site keeps mentionin that Absolution is released in the U.S. but not mention of our home? I mean the U.S. does have a larger market, but Canada tends to love the British bands a little more??

allzpalz
27-03-2004, 02:32 PM
I went to the Edge today, and they said that the Mod Club Theatre is still 19+
They also said that it is not yet onfirmed as to whether Muse will be at the Edge. (but that means that they might be!)
And because this show is an Edge event, I think there are new possibilites for me being able to go. 1) My sister's boyfriend gets me tickets through his connections and 2) Out of the kindness of his heart he gets on the guestlist and brings me as his guest. He doesn't actually have to stay, just be there long enough to get me in!

erica.

ERICA.

EEERIIIICCAAAAA.

Is this the same boyfriend I met once when we were working on the french thing? Hah, flying pigs. Aaanyways...you best do some major suck uppage. And, uh, can he bring 2 guests? *puppy eyes*

kaelala
28-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Why does it all have to be so confusing? 3 places say Lee's, NOW ad + the Edge say Mod, I'm so confused.

I ditto that. Lee's is more accessable compared to the Mod Club Theatre. I'll go where the show goes, but I just want a final word from somewhere, and for tickets to go on sale, I have to get that before Edge takes over.

On a side note, did anyone hear about what happened @ Edge during the morning show on Friday??

allzpalz
28-03-2004, 04:40 PM
I ditto that. Lee's is more accessable compared to the Mod Club Theatre. I'll go where the show goes, but I just want a final word from somewhere, and for tickets to go on sale, I have to get that before Edge takes over.

On a side note, did anyone hear about what happened @ Edge during the morning show on Friday??
Yeeah, I did. Some jackass stuntness, someone got suspended, blah blah.

Aryka
28-03-2004, 06:38 PM
let's say that the show is still at Lee's (let's cross our fingers that the Edge are just a bunch of idiots), do you need advance tickets? Or do you pay at the door?

kaelala
28-03-2004, 08:48 PM
let's say that the show is still at Lee's (let's cross our fingers that the Edge are just a bunch of idiots), do you need advance tickets? Or do you pay at the door?

No matter what, all concerts are sold in advance, normally through ticketmaster. It's only if the show isn't sold out then you can buy them at the door.

RedRoses
28-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Me too...Been waiting and checking...Hoping for some answers...They will come sooner or later...I hope we can buy our tickets online otherwise I've gotta jump though a million hoops to get a ticket. This feels a lot like that poem I wrote that everyone else though was wacked out...well it was...but it's true...all this time and energy spent waiting and wondering about tickets...It's crazy

That's a pretty quick venue change from Lee's Palace.
I wish the official site would update, or Ticketmaster would have a listing, or anything.

EDIT: Pollstar (http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=MUSE&PSKey=Y) lists the show as being @ Lee's (just updated recently too). The official site says Lee's. Someone who knows someone who should know, says it's @ Lee's.

Why does it all have to be so confusing? 3 places say Lee's, NOW ad + the Edge say Mod, I'm so confused.

allzpalz
29-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Must be nice to be so stress free.
I hate being young.

monkypunk
29-03-2004, 01:17 PM
itd 19+ so personally im not worrying about where it is, just that i cant go...

but my friend's going to england over easter and he's bringing me back origin of symmetry

I_Like_Muse
29-03-2004, 01:19 PM
the rumours untrue, the North American release has got all 14 tracks. Got my hands on a NA copy yesterday. The HMV TRACK system is messed.

kaelala
29-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Someone on the Mod Club boards said Muse are playing there.
I could scream, this is completely irritating.

Whoever said that Lee's is more accessible than Mod, why do you say that? I get that impression too, but I want to know why you think that also.

I just want ticketmaster to get info up so that we all know when tix go on sale.

Lee's Palace is more accessable b/c it's a bolck and a half from the Bathurst Station. I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the Mod Club by subway and the street is close to Ossington Ave... it's just AH until i figure out. The venue change doesn't bother me but I just want to buy my ticket before I run out of money form school.

Aryka
29-03-2004, 11:22 PM
everyone has probably seen this already, but just in case...(this is from the mailing list)

APRIL
Fri 9---Atlanta---------Cotton Club
Sat 10--Washington------Promo
Mon 12--Philadelphia----Kyber
Wed 14--New York--------The Bowery
Thu 15--Boston----------Axis
Fri 16--Providence------The Call
Sun 18--Montreal--------Cabaret
Mon 19--Toronto---------Lee’s Palace
Wed 21--Rochester-------TBA
Thu 22--Detroit---------Shelter
Fri 23--Chicago---------Metro
Sat 24--Cincinnati------Top Cats
MAY
Sun 2--Indio------------Coachella
Tue 4--Sacramento-------Harlows
Thu 6--San Francisco----Popscene
Sat 8--Seattle----------Newmos
Mon 10--Vancouver-------Richards On Richards

lesh
30-03-2004, 03:19 AM
I'm going to the big HMV tomorrow and I hope I find an import copy of Absolution because I can't take a chance on missing out on two whole songs!

Aryka
30-03-2004, 05:05 AM
I'm not going to say that you're wasting your money, because I know that I tend to collect everything I can from bands I love, but the only songs that might possibly be cut are Intro and Interlude, which aren't really songs but very short clips. I think it would be silly to cut them, as I think they add a certain atmosphere to the the album, but it doesn't make a big difference, and as someone said above, they may not have actually been cut.

allzpalz
30-03-2004, 12:34 PM
According to my VERY reliable sources (the dude at HMV), the intro and interlude are now part of the song before it, so Apocalypse has the drums in the beginning, and hysteria has the interlude in the beginning...or falling away with you has it at the end. Whatever! It's still there!

kaelala
30-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Happy Absolution Day everyone!

I_Like_Muse
30-03-2004, 07:01 PM
No one's got any more info as to where the show will actually be held or when tickets are going on sale.

Later dated shows in other locales are already listed on ticketmaster.

The mod club website is no help either.

:mad: Just venting right now...

I got a feeling the world is plotting against me ever really getting to enjoy Muse anywhere near my terms.
-Gotta wait 6 months for domestic release of an album that went #1 in the UK.
-Can't get any reliable info about the concert in my locale. I'd settle for a show out in London or Niagara or even little ol' Thorold (probably misspelled that one) for cryin' out loud. Front 54 was a really horrible club the one time I made the trek down there just to see a band perform for 30 minutes.

:mad: Still venting...

monkypunk
31-03-2004, 12:05 AM
well here i am, sitting with Absolution in my hands

im a happy man

and yes, 14 tracks, with the intro and interlude.

allzpalz
31-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Is there ANY difference at all? Liner notes? Anyone?

Aryka
31-03-2004, 05:26 PM
I showed you my copy today, Allie, but we have basically determined that it is exactly the same except for the absence of "Absolution" down the side of the cover, apprently.

eddie fl!pside
31-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Theres been a change in venue..its officially now that Muse will be at Mod Club..checked the muse site on here and it states that..also its listed on this site..but you have to win tickets to go see them? Now wtf is that about??

It also mentions on that site there would be more details on April 5..hopefully tickets will be on sale.

http://www.edge.ca/station/sp_concerts.cfm

Cheers

RedRoses
01-04-2004, 01:06 AM
ARGH!!This better not be true. I was so looking fwd to seeing the show. I probably won't be able to win tickets cause I'm not there in the area. I'm gonna go run them down with my new bike. j/k...I'm so sad... Did you see that the tickets for the BC one is on ticketmaster...Maybe I will have to go to the concert in Chicago...I've got a ticket just need someone to come with me so I won't be killed.
YOU HAVE TO WIN?!?!?!
If it wasn't official before, it is now: I HATE THE EDGE. They're going to ruin this show for the people who actually want to go.

RedRoses
01-04-2004, 01:07 AM
What's with these dumb colours???
ARGH!!This better not be true. I was so looking fwd to seeing the show. I probably won't be able to win tickets cause I'm not there in the area. I'm gonna go run them down with my new bike. j/k...I'm so sad... Did you see that the tickets for the BC one is on ticketmaster...Maybe I will have to go to the concert in Chicago...I've got a ticket just need someone to come with me so I won't be killed.

allzpalz
01-04-2004, 01:08 AM
What's with these dumb colours???

no idea, but I'd SO go with you if my parents didn't exist, and I wasn't broke :)

RedRoses
01-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Now I'm thinking about going to the Montreal show...Ha ha...It's about principals now want to see them in Canada...

I really would like to write at letter to Muse and tell them all the stress the Edge is causing all of us...

Thanks A it would be cool if you could come with me but I wouldn't want to get you into any trouble with your parents.

I had someone to come with me to the TO show...and I was all excited about meeting all of you people!!

Is there still hope?? Tell me there is...

no idea, but I'd SO go with you if my parents didn't exist, and I wasn't broke :)

allzpalz
01-04-2004, 02:20 AM
I do believe there is a tad bit of hope. Even I have hope, and I'm not 19 :P

Write a letter to them? THEY HAVE AN ADDRESS?

kaelala
01-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Pardon my language, but fuck no. I have not waited three years to see Muse live to have to enter a friggin' contest for a radio station that doesn't even play their music. Tomorrow after school I'm heading down to Edge 102 to sort this all out. I should finish class fairly early around 10AM. Anyone else here supporting me?

It's not fair, how can Muse do this to us?

kaelala
01-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Ditto. Right now is finals for uni and all our big projects are due around this time. Whatever free time I have it's sleeping because I'm not getting much right now as it is for school. On top of that I'm job hunting so I can even do a second year @ uni.

This isn't right, it is a slap in the face, and we do not deserve this.

rivum
01-04-2004, 04:03 PM
the Edge102 website now says, details on April 5.
i can't understand why the band would agree to this...it makes no sense at all. usually giveaway-only shows are for bands that are significantly hyped up on the edge, not for a band that they don't play at all.

rivum

kaelala
01-04-2004, 04:49 PM
So I headed over to the Edge today after class like I said I would. I did get the info. The show WILL be a FREE SHOW hosted by Edge 102 but you will have to WIN your way to get some tickets. Note though, on the Edge site it does not mention the show is 19+, so there's a possibility it's all ages.

Still not fair, right? It's shitty deals I tell ya. Looks like we're gonna have to hope on winning.

batphantom
01-04-2004, 04:57 PM
I love you.

allzpalz
01-04-2004, 09:06 PM
I love you.

ditto (ew, I hate that word.) I LOVE YOU!

Madchester
01-04-2004, 09:58 PM
I'd like to know more info about this... :)

If the Montreal show already got sold out, there's probably as much or more demand in T.O....

Samdman
01-04-2004, 09:59 PM
The most painful thing about all this is that I'm gonna have to listen to the Edge (shudder).

Aryka
02-04-2004, 12:00 AM
a loop hole?!?
I will love you forever if I get this email...
ALSO I will be talking to Joel tonight to see if there's any way he can get me tickets. There's a chance because when The Offspring played a free, win tickets show, it was all ages, and he was able to bring my sister. The problem with that is he got on the guest list and was able to bring one person with him...but he doens't like Muse so I don't think he'd want to go...perhaps he can just score me some tickets. I think I will ask defenitely for one, preferably 2 (it's what he can usually manage) and that I will love him forever if he can get me 4.
Oh, and I want to go to the Edge tomorrow and talk to this *cough* people. I too do not have the luxury of listening to the Edge all day (not that I woud want to, as it is) and I think that this kind of torment is unacceptable. Oh, they'll be hearing from me...

lesh
02-04-2004, 03:57 AM
Thanx. You got my email addy of course. Thanks so much. I ditto love you too, as a friend.

Uh, having to rely on winning tickets to see your fourth favourite band it LAMEASS. I say a bunch of us go the Edge and do something really crazy that would make us deserve the tickets on the spot.

kaelala
02-04-2004, 04:13 AM
Hey, on another note looks like the Wedge on MuchMusic might be showing a muse vid. http://www.muchmusic.com/tv/thewedge/ , they have 'the Muse' listed for some playage. Could it be one in the same?? Let's hope :D

Friday @ 11PM, they ALWAYS play good music.

I_Like_Muse
02-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Why the hell should anyone have to work to get into a concert when every other show in the hemisphere, sells tickets or accepts a cover charge?

Who the hell is the promoter for this show? They've gotta have a stick up their ass or what?

kaelala
02-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Why the hell should anyone have to work to get into a concert when every other show in the hemisphere, sells tickets or accepts a cover charge?

Who the hell is the promoter for this show? They've gotta have a stick up their ass or what?

If Life likes to screw one over and make it going to a concert difficult then one needs to work to get what they want. One needs to be able to work within the confines that have been created so that they do not miss what may be a one time oppertunity seeing Muse In Toronto.

As for the promoter, I dunno, but Hose of Blues does promote the majority of the concerts in Canada. But since the Edge does have all the tickets maybe they're the promoter now.

It's shitty deal how this is all going down and unfair. I guess Muse's record lable thought this would have help Muse more Canadian fans but they forgot to acknowledge the fans already exist, but what has happened has happened and we can't do anything about it now but work to get what we want. Unfortuniately this is how it's going down. If you would like to complain, my best guess would to go to the record lable.

Canadian
02-04-2004, 04:10 PM
This is so upsetting. It is upsetting because not only did I want to go but three of my friends are also fans (with the help of me). I'm beyond freaking out and confused. I don't know how I feel now.

I just hope that everyone who is a big fan and really wants to see them, can see them. That's it. Not asking for much.....

rivum
02-04-2004, 08:47 PM
listening to the edge right now, and booky was just talking about how "the muse" (sic) was a part of the "next big thing" weekend that they have going on this weekend...he said that they would be playing cuts from absolution and that "that record is gonna get big here soon"...anyways, he announced that the edge was having a free show with "the muse" at the mod club on april 19th, and he specifically said that the only way to go is to listen and win.
so everything we know has now been officially confirmed. boo.

rivum

kaelala
02-04-2004, 10:00 PM
dangit, can't they take out the 'The'?? Silly Edge.

Also, Muse has been mentioned on BBC, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3588615.stm

And don't forget to watch the Wedge tonight on Much @ 11PM

lesh
03-04-2004, 03:36 AM
The one time I was lucky enough to win tickets to a show, I was too young to get in. Nazis. And usually enough luck just to get through their lines. I better have that luck a second time around. If I don't see Muse while they're here, I'll cut my heart out with a spoon.

Do they give tickets out in pairs? I say we rally a buddy system. If someone gets through, their buddy gets the second ticket. :'( I'm willing to do anything man, ANYTHING.

kaelala
03-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Time Is Running Out was just on the Wedge! Niceness :D

From my experiences with the Inside Edge, yes, you normally win tickets in pairs.

P.S. this is now what's up on edge.ca a/b the show:

Monday April 19, 2004
NEXT BIG THING CONCERT SERIES
MOD CLUB THEATRE

Featuring MUSE. You've heard the Next Big Thing weekends, and now we're bringing you a series of concerts featuring bands that you might not have heard of, but we think rock!

Tickets: You have to win to get in! Starting on Monday, April 5th you can enter on the Inside Edge for your chance to win tickets or listen for more chances.

Looks like it's all ages. They're gonna have to gate up the bar, hehe.

Samdman
03-04-2004, 04:25 AM
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Love that video, although it's really strange seeing Muse on North American TV!

kaelala
03-04-2004, 04:32 AM
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Love that video, although it's really strange seeing Muse on North American TV!

I agree, but I hope they start showing them more. Personally, I REALLY love the video for Hysteria, Justin Theroux makes it extra yummy, lol. Edge is dubbing Muse the next big thing, I don't know what to make of that just quite yet.

allzpalz
03-04-2004, 04:47 AM
whoah. muse on much.
WEIRD.

RedRoses
03-04-2004, 04:52 AM
Cool! That's what I have to say about Muse being on Much Music!
Unfortunately I am somewhat idiotic. I called the edge tonight at 10pm. Their office hours are 8am to 6pm M to F. I left a message on the producers voice mail. What else could I do...I'll have to call back at 8am Monday... or before at 7:30am.
whoah. muse on much.
WEIRD.

eddie fl!pside
03-04-2004, 08:42 AM
"I think I'm drowning, asphyxiated....i wanna break this spell that you've created........" Im just estatic!!! cant believe Muse was on tv.. ITS ABOUT BLOODY TIME MUCH MUSIC! Now all they have to do is get Muse on the intimate and interactive show when they come down here..that would be awesome. I just want to thank kaelala and everyone else for their muse news update..thank god for the internet. Anyhow, i think its a bunch of POOP that we have to win these tickets..i dont see the Montreal Gig doing this circus act..mind that their tix are sold out. Well while we wait for more details on Monday..perhaps this link will give u Musers some joy in the meantime..its a stream live concert video of Muse at the Carling Academy, Islington UK. Hope it loads well for you lot. Cheers

http://www2.xfm.co.uk/staticweb/avplayers/muse/muse.html?playhigh

Canadian
03-04-2004, 12:34 PM
As much as I hate planning this cause it shouldn't have turned out this way in the first place.......... :mad:

How many tickets will everyone be needing so we could figure out how many pairs we need to get everyone in? Cause even if I win a pair of tickets I have others (my boyfriend, and my friend) that will keep trying to win.

I will need a pair + 1 for my friend.

So if me, my boyfriend and my friend, win more than 1 pair we will have at least 1 ticket to give to someone who needs it. :)

I just want to figure out how many extra tickets we may have if someone wins....will everybody be needing pairs?

Also, how many people actually live in or near Toronto who could listen to the edge?

Record of who needs what # of tickets.

Canadian = 2 Tickets (+ 1 if possible)
Libra = 2 Tickets
allzpalz = 1 Ticket
aryka = 1 Ticket
RedRoses = 1 Ticket (+1 if possible)
Madchester = 2 Tickets
Kaelala = 1 Ticket (+1 if possible)
monkypunk = 1 Ticket (if not 19+)
HoBag = 2 Tickets

Info taken from poll...

Batphantom = 2 Tickets
VisablexXxnoise = 2 Tickets
KittenintheSnow = 2 Tickets
SarahB = 2 Tickets
Jayomatic = 2 Tickets

allzpalz
03-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Well, if I had it my way, we could buy tickets, and I'd buy like 8, as I've gotten some people hooked on muse.

BUT, if neither aryka or I win a pair, I'd need one, and aryka would need one.

I can't get to the edge anytime soon (verry busy), but I'll try to turn off my muse/bowie for the radio.

Oh, yeah, aryka and I are definetely in the area.

RedRoses
03-04-2004, 03:27 PM
1. I need two tickets but would be happy with one...

2. I have a chicago ticket if someone wants it...

3. I'm not super busy but really don't have a way of listening to the edge on the radio unless there is a way to listen online...I'll just have to call back on the 5th and check on the internet...

4. Oh and thanks Flipsy for the link it rocks!! Matty looks like he gained weight or muscle good for him...I was afraid he was going to fall over and die sometime...which would have been the most horrible day!

5. I don't have cable tv no much music for me :(

Well, if I had it my way, we could buy tickets, and I'd buy like 8, as I've gotten some people hooked on muse.

BUT, if neither aryka or I win a pair, I'd need one, and aryka would need one.

I can't get to the edge anytime soon (verry busy), but I'll try to turn off my muse/bowie for the radio.

Oh, yeah, aryka and I are definetely in the area.

allzpalz
03-04-2004, 03:29 PM
you can listen live at www.edge102.com :)

Madchester
03-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I'd like a pair of tickets, but I have exams right now.... meh..... :p

Aryka
03-04-2004, 05:23 PM
I don't have cable either so I stole my friend's TV...and computer...and house...hahahahaha

I *must* talk to Joel...but he hasn't been around when I am lately

kaelala
03-04-2004, 05:31 PM
I need two tickets, one for me and one fo rmy sister is the show is an all ages. But if it isa 19+ show then one is enough, though I would like to bring my friend with me.

Oh! and thank you flipside for the linkage, jebus, the concert and muse look beautiful! hehe

monkypunk
03-04-2004, 11:29 PM
if its not 19+ i'll be there

dersunde
04-04-2004, 04:53 AM
Okay there are two things here that I can NOT GET OVER.

a) Other Muse HMVers showing up here. That's awesome. I am from 852 and I watch Muse on the StockFinder occasionally to see what kind of action they're getting and there sure has not been a lot. (This is before the domestic release of Absolution, mind you) I know I was the only store that had Showbiz model stocked for a while anyway. I have not checked for a while. Yeah, selling copies of Muse at work has become a bit of a game for me.

Anyway,
b) MUSE MAY 10TH AT RICHARDS ON RICHARDS
I got my tickets the other day.. I can not get over Muse playing in that little place, what massive change of pace that is going to be coming from Coachella. Well, as if I didn't already have enough trouble sleeping...

Canadian
04-04-2004, 04:39 PM
I have a few things on my mind....

1.) Only 16 days left till the concert. :eek:
(I'm not sure if I'm feeling like this :D or like this :'( )

2.) Make sure you are signed up with the Inside Edge as the contest starts tommorow.

3.) I wonder what "listen for more chances to win" really means. :confused:
As soon as anyone finds out what the other chances are (calling in?) post it here.

3.) I wish everyone luck with getting tickets. :)

4.) Hopefully by the end of this week we have people posting that they've won tickets.... :D

Do you think I used enough %$#@# smiles? :LOL:

allzpalz
04-04-2004, 06:18 PM
"I feel your pain.

This is a show that was set up by the record label. Because it's a free show (i.e. they're not charging admission), the only way for anyone to cover costs is by selling booze. It's just one of those compromises that had to be made. "

from alan cross.

SHIT.

Canadian
05-04-2004, 01:51 AM
My friend was listening to Edge today and she heard someone on air call Muse, The Muse. WHY? lol!

kaelala
05-04-2004, 04:02 AM
My friend was listening to Edge today and she heard someone on air call Muse, The Muse. WHY? lol!

Maybe there's a band in North America called Muse, like Bush-X having to be call Bush. Then again, like MuchMusic, they're just being idiots and are stck in the habit of putthing a 'the' in front of everything.

Good luck everyone :D

lesh
05-04-2004, 05:43 AM
Record of who needs what # of tickets.

Canadian = 2 Tickets (+ 1 if possible)
Libra = 2 Tickets
allzpalz = 1 Ticket
aryka = 1 Ticket
Madchester = 2 Tickets
monkypunk = 1 Ticket (if not 19+)
HoBag = 2 Tickets

Info taken from poll...

Batphantom = 2 Tickets
SarahB = 2 Tickets
Jayomatic = 2 Tickets

LESH = 1 TICKET. I WILL PAY YOU FOR YOUR SECOND, SERIOUSLY. And I will gladly give anyone my second if you are as eager about this show as I am!

Canadian
05-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Updated record of who needs what # of tickets.

Canadian = 2 Tickets (+1 if possible)
Libra = 2 Tickets
Madchester = 2 Tickets
HoBag = 2 Tickets
Lesh = 1 Ticket
flipside = 2 Tickets
rivum = 1 Ticket (+1 if possible)
cezzz = 2 Tickets (+1 if possible)

Info taken from poll...

Batphantom = 2 Tickets
SarahB = 2 Tickets
Jayomatic = 2 Tickets

(I've taken off names under the age of 19)

The show is 19+

We "only" need 31 tickets to get everyone in........and at least 26 Tickets to satisfy us.....

Here's the link to the Inside Edge.....
THE INSIDE EDGE (http://els.fimc.net/cfny/els/elsLoginFrm.asp?AUTO=NO)

Good Luck!!! :D

eddie fl!pside
05-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse
102.1 the Edge presents the Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse. You've heard the Next Big Thing weekends, and now we're bringing you a series of concerts featuring bands that you might not have heard of, but we think rock!

So enter below for your chance to win tickets to the first instalment of the Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse! Their new record, Absolution has already gone platinum in the UK and now they're bringing their distinct BritRock sound to North America!

The show is April 19th at Mod Club Theatre and the only way to get in is to win tickets! So enter now!

Minimum Entry Age: 19
YOU ENTERED 4/5/2004 7:05:00 AM

LoL..i just entered the contest, god damn, too bad i cant wait any longer to wait for my email that they say will send about more of this hoopla..got to get my arse to work..

Oh by the way..i need 2 tickets PLEASE!!

lesh
05-04-2004, 02:09 PM
According to the updated list, I am the only person willing to go alone! I think after this emotional experience, a meetup should be in order. *sniff* Canadian fans are the best! We're in this together! If Muse only knew what their coming means to us. If the demand is high enough, maybe they'll come back! Or tack on another show! *is hopeful* :(

I just got my friend to join the Inside Edge as well. So now my chances of a ticket have instantly doubled :p

Good luck everyone! Don't forget about me! ;)

rivum
05-04-2004, 02:57 PM
i'll be listening to the radio every day at work, so i'll keep everybody posted on what is said there. there was a little promo ad that aired about half an hour ago that basically said the only way to win is to sign up for the inside edge.
oh, and i'll need me +1 tickets if anyone wins extras :)

one thing i'm thinking though...if it's a situation where the people who win have their names put on a guest list instead of actually having tickets sent to them, it's gonna get a little tricky. that said, i'm up for a little identity fraud ;)

rivum

RedRoses
05-04-2004, 03:08 PM
I'll probably go on my own too. But we'll all be there together hopefully :)
According to the updated list, I am the only person willing to go alone! I think after this emotional experience, a meetup should be in order. *sniff* Canadian fans are the best! We're in this together! If Muse only knew what their coming means to us. If the demand is high enough, maybe they'll come back! Or tack on another show! *is hopeful* :(

I just got my friend to join the Inside Edge as well. So now my chances of a ticket have instantly doubled :p

Good luck everyone! Don't forget about me! ;)

Canadian
05-04-2004, 03:10 PM
i'll be listening to the radio every day at work, so i'll keep everybody posted on what is said there. there was a little promo ad that aired about half an hour ago that basically said the only way to win is to sign up for the inside edge.
oh, and i'll need me +1 tickets if anyone wins extras :)

one thing i'm thinking though...if it's a situation where the people who win have their names put on a guest list instead of actually having tickets sent to them, it's gonna get a little tricky. that said, i'm up for a little identity fraud ;)

rivum

I doubt it will be a guest list....tickets are just so much easier...... :D

RedRoses
05-04-2004, 03:11 PM
hey how'd you do that?
Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse
102.1 the Edge presents the Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse. You've heard the Next Big Thing weekends, and now we're bringing you a series of concerts featuring bands that you might not have heard of, but we think rock!

So enter below for your chance to win tickets to the first instalment of the Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse! Their new record, Absolution has already gone platinum in the UK and now they're bringing their distinct BritRock sound to North America!

The show is April 19th at Mod Club Theatre and the only way to get in is to win tickets! So enter now!

Minimum Entry Age: 19
YOU ENTERED 4/5/2004 7:05:00 AM

LoL..i just entered the contest, god damn, too bad i cant wait any longer to wait for my email that they say will send about more of this hoopla..got to get my arse to work..

Oh by the way..i need 2 tickets PLEASE!!

RedRoses
05-04-2004, 03:13 PM
hey how'd you do that?
okay nevermind got it!

kaelala
05-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Just entered. I'm dedicating the next two weeks to getting as many tickets as possible for everyone here.We work together and we're a force no one can rekon with.

Aryka
05-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Even though it's 19+ Im not giving up hope. I will change my inside edge age so I can at elast enter the contest, and I will BEG Joel tonight to either find me tickets somehow, or get himself on the guestlist and bring me. Cus I figure, if he's on the guestlist, and he's obviously over 19 (almost 26), would they question me too much? I could probably slip in beside him...He could make it..my birthday present to him..haha, that doens't really work, but oh well, I have to go!

Canadian
05-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Okay, I have more info on the tickets that Edge is giving away....

They have around 150 - 200 tickets available and it will be one big random draw on April 12 (Next Monday). At that point all the winners will be notified via email.

So lets just hope that we all recieve emails from The Edge next Monday.... :D

rivum
05-04-2004, 06:52 PM
they just aired the promo on the edge again.
so weird to hear time is running out when i didn't put a cd in ;)
one thing i thought was funny - they describe muse as "think radiohead before they sold their distortion pedals" lol

rivum

Canadian
05-04-2004, 06:56 PM
they just aired the promo on the edge again.
so weird to hear time is running out when i didn't put a cd in ;)
one thing i thought was funny - they describe muse as "think radiohead before they sold their distortion pedals" lol

rivum

LOL!!! :LOL: I wish I could have heard that....

rivum
05-04-2004, 07:38 PM
LOL!!! :LOL: I wish I could have heard that....

it's their standard promo for the gig, so i'm sure you'll hear it sometime if you listen to the radio for any extended period of time.

rivum

allzpalz
05-04-2004, 09:25 PM
They keep calling it "the muse", not on the commercial, though.

I've got good news for under aged musers. PM me for details :)

eddie fl!pside
05-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Okay, I have more info on the tickets that Edge is giving away....

They have around 150 - 200 tickets available and it will be one big random draw on April 12 (Next Monday). At that point all the winners will be notified via email.

So lets just hope that we all recieve emails from The Edge next Monday.... :D

For the love of Muse....Where did u get this info from?? 150-200 tickets only?? A random draw?? That is definitely a hurting unit... Ahh man, my anxiety is reaching its highest peak :eek: cheers for the info.

Canadian
06-04-2004, 12:53 AM
150 tickets might not be that bad....many people might not enter the contest right? Also everyone only has a week to enter. At least it's not a month. I do wish they would have some sort of skill testing question about muse to pick out the real fans from everyone who enters.

I almost wish they would stop promoting it on air to stop general people from entering. :D

This week is going to be a very long one.

It's like we're waiting to be sentenced. :(

monkypunk
06-04-2004, 03:14 AM
sounds like its exactly like the moneen/alexis show last month. small venue, limited people

batphantom
06-04-2004, 04:39 AM
The gig will be LOUSY with Industry wags. They live for this kind of show. I'm 30, so clearly 19+ isn't an issue, but I know how shitty it is to be underage wanting to see the band you love. Hell, I could have seen the Barenaked Ladies WAY before they went huge, but I couldn't get into the university pub.

I figure worst case, they'll be back in the fall at the Kool Haus or a similar club. But DAMN I want to see this. As long as everyone and their dog doesn't enter the contest as a lark, we shouldn't have a problem. Hell, I'd imagine that just showing up at Mod Club early on Monday might see you getting in, since most people who win won't bother going.

kaelala
06-04-2004, 05:43 AM
i think bat phantom is sorta right abou the Industry bigwig thing. if Edge only has 150-200 tickets that means since they normally give them out in pair they'll be 75-100 winners but since the Mod Club has mor space then it's letting on they'll prolly be a lot of industry ppl there includin ghte like of radio station ppl, MuchMusic possibly, definutely Chart Magazine, Edge personalities and then the Record company types.

If all else fails for us, we can go protest and cause a fit. This whole process is unjust.

Canadian
06-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Are they giving away any tickets by phone?
Or does anyone who want to win them have to enter online via the Inside Edge?

By the sounds of it, (from listening to the edge and phoning in) you could only enter by going online and entering via the inside edge. I guess they changed their minds from when they said "listen to the edge for more chances". Which kinda sucks.

As for the 150-200 tickets...I didn't believe it either. I phoned the Mod Club last weekend and that's what they told me. But since the Mod Club hasn't been really consistent in the past (with knowing what's going on) I had to phone the edge and ask the same question to back up their answer. :)

There will have to be another way to get in. People that win may sell their tickets at the door or the Mod Club may just let a certain # of people in. Or we could stake out and wait for the tour bus and tell Matt to sneek us in........ :D

Madchester
06-04-2004, 01:15 PM
Will they even play a full-length gig at the Mod Club? I have this feeling that they're only going to play a shortened setlist, since it's like some one-off event. It is a free event...

Canadian
06-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Will they even play a full-length gig at the Mod Club? I have this feeling that they're only going to play a shortened setlist, since it's like some one-off event. It is a free event...

So far it seems like it will be full-length....it better not be a shortened setlist.

Imagine we all won tickets then we get there and they play all of five songs? *shudders at the thought*

Anybody have any good news???

There is only 6 more days till we find out if any of us are going or not....

rivum
06-04-2004, 04:28 PM
So far it seems like it will be full-length....it better not be a shortened setlist.

i really can't imagine it being a short set list...there's really no reason why it should be...i mean, they're coming all the way out here, why would they only do a half hour set??

as for the number of tickets...are we sure it's only 150-200 tickets, and not 150-200 pairs or tickets?

rivum

batphantom
06-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Looks like they've moved the Montreal show to the Spectrum, and there are tickets available. I guess anyone capable of a road trip should look into that as an option. Alternatively, DO NOT GO TO DETROIT. It's a shithole, and my friends went down for the Wolfsheim concert last week, and had some, shall we say, issues. Not worth it, even for a free Muse show.

Canadian
06-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Looks like they've moved the Montreal show to the Spectrum, and there are tickets available. I guess anyone capable of a road trip should look into that as an option. Alternatively, DO NOT GO TO DETROIT. It's a shithole, and my friends went down for the Wolfsheim concert last week, and had some, shall we say, issues. Not worth it, even for a free Muse show.

And where are these Montreal tickets available exactly?

I tried to phone Edge again but they transfered me to voicemail. Could someone else give it a try re: 150 - 200 tickets or pairs of tickets??? I'm at work right now and can't really try calling again.

Phone #416-408-3343

Just a warning: The people who I've spoken to aren't very talkative.

Canadian
06-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Look at this reply I got from Jonathon at The Edge....I forget kinda what I asked him but I know I asked him more than that!!!

You gotta enter under The Inside Edge, in Exclusive Contests. We will be picking all the winers next Monday. If you win, you get e-mailed. It's all good.

js

WINERS!!!!??? :LOL:

It's all good?! That's what he thinks!

lesh
06-04-2004, 08:50 PM
This has got to be the most stressful concert experience I've ever been through.

batphantom
06-04-2004, 11:24 PM
From the thread in the Gigs & Tours forum,

http://www.ticketpro.ca/event_detail.asp?evnt=783

for Montreal tix. People have reported buying them already.

RedRoses
07-04-2004, 02:37 AM
Ditto. If we all make it to the concert we should beg Muse to never let the Edge host their concert again!
This has got to be the most stressful concert experience I've ever been through.

lesh
07-04-2004, 05:00 AM
I would easily pay $500 for a ticket to see Muse for 5 minutes other than sit and wait for a chance to see them in a free concert. The people at The Edge just don't realize this!

allzpalz
07-04-2004, 12:28 PM
At least you guys have a chance...

RedRoses
07-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Umm girls...there has got to be a way to get the people under 19 in it's not fair!
At least you guys have a chance...

RedRoses
07-04-2004, 03:30 PM
I'll run in the theatre. Locate Matt and beg him to let everyone in under age 19...I know he's not the government or the police but he's got clout ha ha
Umm girls...there has got to be a way to get the people under 19 in it's not fair!

Canadian
07-04-2004, 03:37 PM
I'll run in the theatre. Locate Matt and beg him to let everyone in under age 19...I know he's not the government or the police but he's got clout ha ha

lol! So many things about this show are unfair.... :rolleyes:

You know what annoys me? I found out that I live a 20min walk away from the Mod Club. :eek: Can you believe it? It's practically in my backyard.

lesh
08-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Hey U19s, I wouldn't worry. The demand for this band in North America is high. They WILL be back and they WILL play an all ages show. I say if Sum 41 can do it, anyone can...

RedRoses
08-04-2004, 03:44 AM
Yup...Guess what I'm finally done my essay! I am so happy only one more thing and I'm done school for the summer he he...Where is this Mod Club thing? I hope I can get to it via public transit...If I win a ticket that is.
lol! So many things about this show are unfair.... :rolleyes:

You know what annoys me? I found out that I live a 20min walk away from the Mod Club. :eek: Can you believe it? It's practically in my backyard.

Aryka
08-04-2004, 03:52 AM
thing is, I don't have enough money for an ID, and fake IDs are usually caught from what I've heard...
GR, if my sister was ONE MONTH older, I could just borrow her licence, but nooooo....

Canadian
08-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Yup...Guess what I'm finally done my essay! I am so happy only one more thing and I'm done school for the summer he he...Where is this Mod Club thing? I hope I can get to it via public transit...If I win a ticket that is.

The Mod Club is by College and Ossington. Should be pretty easy to get to. Just need to go to either College or Ossington station and get on a bus/streetcar. Not to far either way.

:eek: Only 4 days (counting today) untill we find out what's going on. This week actually went pretty fast. I'll know by the time I'm back at work on Monday whether I'm going or not. :eek: I'm getting a little freaked out now.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep Sunday night.....

rivum
08-04-2004, 03:18 PM
btw, anyone whos planning on driving there better think twice.
i was supposed to go there with a mate of mine a few weeks ago, and the parking situation is horrendous, even worse so with all the construction going on there. i ended up just dropping him off to meet other friends and i went home. it's brutal. there's a grocery store parking lot across the street which you can park in (i think you have to pay tho), but you'll likely have to go early and circle the lot for a while before you find a spot.
best option: subway.

rivum

Canadian
08-04-2004, 04:57 PM
btw, anyone whos planning on driving there better think twice.
i was supposed to go there with a mate of mine a few weeks ago, and the parking situation is horrendous, even worse so with all the construction going on there. i ended up just dropping him off to meet other friends and i went home. it's brutal. there's a grocery store parking lot across the street which you can park in (i think you have to pay tho), but you'll likely have to go early and circle the lot for a while before you find a spot.
best option: subway.

rivum

I agree, the subway is the only option if you don't want to be stuck driving around for half an hour and end up with a parking ticket.

I don't have to worry about taking the subway or driving.....I'll be walking :D

Lisseth
09-04-2004, 02:09 AM
hey everyone,
I am new.. ive been watching this thread for awhile.
and it's great how all of you are sort of together trying to get tickets.
I have spoken to I think "lesh" on livejournal muse board,
I am "brackish18"..

So yes me and my friend Jon are going crazy to get tickets, im an inside edge member and i entered, and he joined lying that he is 19 and entered.
He wont let being 18 stop him at all, if anything he will get a fake id the day or 2 days before from the shop by the eaton centre.

I really really have to go to this, obviously as you all feel.

me and jon have decided if we dont win we are going down anywayz the night of and looking for scalpers, like people who win and realize they cant go, and we will pay anything!

:'(

Canadian
09-04-2004, 06:11 PM
So....yeah....

Everyone is being so quiet......I guess there isn't much to say except that we all want tickets and I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting tired of waiting!

The pain of not knowing........ :(

kaelala
09-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Yeah, the waiting sucks. Monday will either be glorious or crap.

On an up note I finally heard Muse on the Edge. 4:07PM to be exact, it was a fantastic moment, lol.

Well I must go back to writing notes for my Art History exam and start my final project for Graphic Communications, talk to everyone on Monday :D May we all get what we've been waiting/wishing for.

lesh
10-04-2004, 01:19 AM
The pain of not knowing, like waiting for death to come. Seriously people, I haven't been myself since the news about winning tickets let out... I just have not been at ease! Two of my most favourite bands, Mansun and Suede BOTH broke up last year before I could see them live, so Muse are pretty much my last chance. Them and the Manic Street Preachers are the only bands I like that are still together!

YOU HEAR THAT MUSE!? IF YOU DO NOT COME BACK AND PLAY A NORMAL CONCERT, THIS COUNTRY WILL MOURN.

Canadian
10-04-2004, 03:42 PM
The pain of not knowing, like waiting for death to come. Seriously people, I haven't been myself since the news about winning tickets let out... I just have not been at ease! Two of my most favourite bands, Mansun and Suede BOTH broke up last year before I could see them live, so Muse are pretty much my last chance. Them and the Manic Street Preachers are the only bands I like that are still together!

YOU HEAR THAT MUSE!? IF YOU DO NOT COME BACK AND PLAY A NORMAL CONCERT, THIS COUNTRY WILL MOURN.

:eek: There is less than 48 hours left!!!

I have not been myself either. Every spare moment I have had is spent thinking about what may or may not happen.

It sucks because I would have traveled to Montreal or Vancouver (maybe both) to see them but it just wasn't a choice for me. :( I just got a really great new job (three weeks ago) and I can't really book any days off...it would look bad as the person before me was fired for taking to many days off. So if I can't go to this show I can't see them at all....which would really make me :'(

But I am trying to look on the bright side.......there is a bright side right??? :D

Updated record of who needs what # of tickets. :eek:

Lesh = 1 Ticket
Steppenwolf = 1 Ticket
Libra = 2 Tickets
Madchester = 2 Tickets
HoBag = 2 Tickets
Batphantom = 2 Tickets
SarahB = 2 Tickets
Jayomatic = 2 Tickets
simonbb = 2 Tickets
rivum = 2 Tickets
outtathaway = 2 Tickets
Lisseth = 2 Tickets
Canadian = 2 Tickets (+1 if possible)
cezzz = 2 Tickets (+1 if possible
Flydesign = 5 and Over Tickets?!

37 Tickets to just satify everyone on this board??? To make everyone happy....41 :eek: Well I guess that's good news for people looking to sell their tickets at the Mod Club....

Canadian
10-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Did everyone hear what happened in Atlanta??! :eek: Poor Matt.....

Look here......http://www.muse.mu/board/showthread.php?t=2490

lesh
11-04-2004, 04:30 AM
So there is all kinds of speculation going around, whether or not the tour will continue. I imagine it would be difficult to sing with thread in your lips.

But this could be a good thing! What are the odds of them postponing an Edge Free Concert? When they could just play a NORMAL show later on that we are willing to PAY for and not have to sit and wait to win? Eh? Catching my drift people?

Canadian
12-04-2004, 02:59 AM
I feel somewhat relieved though, to know that IF for some ungodly reason there are any of us left without tickets....

*shudders at the thought of all of us outside without tickets*

I am going to have trouble sleeping tonight. I wouldn't be suprised if I sleepwalk to my computer later tonight to see if I won tickets. But then again, I could only sleepwalk if I fall asleep right?

lesh
12-04-2004, 05:20 AM
The heat is on. I sense a great bloodshed is to come this week.

Well DUH :eek:

Canadian
12-04-2004, 12:10 PM
The heat is on. I sense a great bloodshed is to come this week.

Well DUH :eek:

:LOL:!!!!

More bloodshed??? :eek: