10-01-2008, 05:27 PM
I just listened to it for the first time, my god is that a powerful song :ohmy:

Discoprincess32
10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I just listened to it for the first time, my god is that a powerful song :ohmy:

It's actually my favorite song my Muse, that and Microcuts!:D

LNM
10-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I know, I really love it! One of my favourites:)

My sig<3
v

Nimpo46
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
it's fantastic and though it seems like a fairly simple song, it's really well made with the chromatic style it works with... great stuff indeed

Ask
10-01-2008, 07:51 PM
I think it's a realy good song except the beginning and the end. That i don't like. And it actually comes close to ruining the whole song for me. It's a shame cause the rest is quite good.

TheKenworthy
10-01-2008, 07:56 PM
really is an amazing song. remember the first time i heard it. actually got goosebumps

VladieShark
11-01-2008, 02:39 AM
I think most Muse fans would agree that it should have definitely been on the album. In fact, it probably should have been a single. Personally, I think it could be a fantastic closer for a concert (sadly, they haven't even played it a single time since the release of Black Holes).

NaZZeX
11-01-2008, 02:42 AM
I think most Muse fans would agree that it should have definitely been on the album. In fact, it probably should have been a single. Personally, I think it could be a fantastic closer for a concert (sadly, they haven't even played it a single time since the release of Black Holes).

It definitely should have been on the album. Easily and Crying Shame too.

BH&R should have been:

Knights Of Cydonia
Easily
Supermassive Black Hole
Map of the Problematique
Crying Shame
Assassin GOB edit
City of Delusion
Hoodoo
Take a Bow
Glorious

Carrotie
11-01-2008, 02:44 AM
I've never heard glorious :(

When I get an iPod I'm going to download ever non-album song Muse has ever released :p :D

ADAM
11-01-2008, 03:06 AM
really is an amazing song. remember the first time i heard it. actually got goosebumps

+1

Ohhhh Des!

:D

VladieShark
11-01-2008, 03:08 AM

BH&R should have been:

Knights Of Cydonia
Easily
Supermassive Black Hole
Map of the Problematique
Crying Shame
Assassin GOB edit
City of Delusion
Hoodoo
Take a Bow
Glorious

I almost agree. I don't think Starlight is expendable though. I know it's not their usual style, but it's well done, and the fact that it's stylistically different from most of their stuff actually makes me appreciate it more. Plus, it is indeed a commercial friendly song, and I do want Muse to get more popular (that would probably mean more albums) I would get rid of Hoodoo or Take a Bow (Hoodoo, probably...I just hate that Take a Bow became a closer for their live shows).

NaZZeX
11-01-2008, 03:39 AM
I almost agree. I don't think Starlight is expendable though. I know it's not their usual style, but it's well done, and the fact that it's stylistically different from most of their stuff actually makes me appreciate it more. Plus, it is indeed a commercial friendly song, and I do want Muse to get more popular (that would probably mean more albums) I would get rid of Hoodoo or Take a Bow (Hoodoo, probably...I just hate that Take a Bow became a closer for their live shows).

Take a Bow and Hoodoo are among their best songs! :eek:

Also, they're both musically better than Starlight. Give Hoodoo a chance, play it on repeat or something. It's bound to grow on you, like it did us. An amazing song with an amazing climax.

Carrotie
11-01-2008, 03:40 AM
I love the lyrics of Hoodoo but not the sound. And Take a Bow annoys me slightly.
They are good songs, though. All Muse songs are good songs :D

NaZZeX
11-01-2008, 03:43 AM
I love the lyrics of Hoodoo but not the sound. And Take a Bow annoys me slightly.
They are good songs, though. All Muse songs are good songs :D

MOST Muse songs are good songs. Pink Ego Box and You Fucking Mother Fucker are painful to the ears.

Carrotie
11-01-2008, 03:48 AM
But I like You Fucking Motherfucker :$

NaZZeX
11-01-2008, 03:50 AM

:LOL:.

I find it mindless and retarded beyond belief. I suppose if there were actual words, it could have been catchy.

andrew1900
11-01-2008, 03:59 AM
i think glorious should've been replaced by exo-politics. :happy:

garseys
11-01-2008, 09:37 AM
i think glorious should've replaced exo-politics. :happy:

Now that post makes sense:D

crazy_mary
11-01-2008, 10:21 AM
i like BH&R the way it is. every song there deserves to be in the album. but it wouldn't hurt if glorious is the 12th song or 11th rite before KoC.

Milky Joe
14-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I think it works in place of Soldiers Poem and Invincible, as well as obviously at the end.

ChasingDreams
15-01-2008, 07:52 PM
I love Glorious, its such a powerful song! It sucks that it didn't make it on the album, it deserves much more than b-side status. It's probably my favorite Muse song [if I had to pick one]

*OoS*
15-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Should've been on BHAR, as well as Easily :happy:

Maybe should've replaced Invincible?

Discoprincess32
15-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Should've been on BHAR, as well as Easily :happy:

Maybe should've replaced Invincible?

I love Invincible and I'm proud to admit it! Like it even more since I saw the video and it live.

Anyway, Glorious is always good. I listen to it over and over when I'm happy sad and everything in between! Just a genious song! I love my Invincible vinyl, I bought it off the Muse site initially.:)

Drumlicious
16-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Invincible rocks, it probably should have been in after KOC and take out Soldier's Poem or Hoodoo, because they're a bit turd imo.

Greta Garbo Superga
16-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Glorious is awesome!! I love it! It should definetly have been put on SMBH because it's so powerful just like the album. But I wouldn't replace any song. They're too good!!

HarmonyLover
14-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Andreas Johnson also has a song called "Glorious" from 1999. Which one is more epic?

Marvinoid
14-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Agreed, Glorious is one of the best Muse songs. It's pure epicness. The chorus just blows me away and the lyrics are incredible. I get goosebumps every time I listen to it.

Racket
14-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Andreas Johnson also has a song called "Glorious" from 1999. Which one is more epic?

heh I cant believe I actually remember that song, used to be on every week on kids tv at the weekends (SMTV at the time I think) ah those were the days

but yea Glorious should have been on the album, I have it at the end on my mp3 and I dunno, it just makes BHAR sound more complete

Iddy
14-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Glorious is amazing, it makes me wanna cry :( Why haven't they played it properly live?!?

Hopix
14-09-2008, 07:55 PM

BH&R should have been:

Knights Of Cydonia
Easily
Supermassive Black Hole
Map of the Problematique
Crying Shame
Assassin GOB edit
City of Delusion
Hoodoo
Take a Bow
Glorious

I love the look of that bh&r but for me it would have to have invincible. Then it would be perfect. But Easily instead of Starlight, Crying shame instead of Soldiers poem wud be great.

Enemy
14-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Glorious has to be one of the best Muse songs ever created.
Also, I think it is their single most stylistically ambigious piece of music... I couldn't put it in any genre at all, except maybe the looseness of 'space rock'.

Conxscience
14-09-2008, 09:52 PM
It's my favourite song by them at the moment.
I think his singing in it is just beautiful. ^^

ChrisirhC
15-09-2008, 07:17 PM

BH&R should have been:

Knights Of Cydonia
Easily
Supermassive Black Hole
Map of the Problematique
Crying Shame
Assassin GOB edit
City of Delusion
Hoodoo
Take a Bow
Glorious

but CS sucks

Dina F.K.K.
16-09-2008, 04:56 AM
Glorious is one of my fave. The melody is really awesome!

princesscaris
16-09-2008, 08:00 AM
this is gonna make me sound dumb i know, but anywho....

ive never heard glorious! was it a bside on one of the singles? where can i hear it??

youse are making it sound amazing with all the reviews of it and im really curious now...

please help?

Obi
16-09-2008, 06:42 PM
BHAR should have been:

1. ToB
2. Starlight
3. SMBH
4. MOTP
5. Easily
6. Glorious
7. Assassin (GOB)
8. Exo-Politics
9. CoD
10. Hoodoo
11. KoC

Allrightnow
16-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Glorious reminds me so much about a certain song I can't remember..

Obi
16-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Glorious is like that. We've all heard it..but we're not sure where...

Hopix
16-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Geeze guys whats wrong with invincible!! it's a great song!

QueenOfNerds
17-09-2008, 12:22 AM
glorious is definatly one of my fav songs, means a lot to me.

ChasingDreams
17-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Glorious is like that. We've all heard it..but we're not sure where...

That's really weird :LOL: I was like that too. But then I watched Anastasia recently and there was a song with a similar tune. I think that's where I got it from...or its serious de ja vu. First time I heard it, it felt so familiar and personal, like I've been listening to it all my life :stunned:

Samuel
17-09-2008, 05:01 PM
BHAR should have been:

1. ToB
2. Starlight
3. SMBH
4. MOTP
5. Easily
6. Glorious
7. Assassin (GOB)
8. Exo-Politics
9. CoD
10. Hoodoo
11. KoC

YES! Genious, I think easily fits in there really well as well.
But of course if they could put them alongside SP and Invincible, where's the harm in that?

Obi
17-09-2008, 05:30 PM
YES! Genious, I think easily fits in there really well as well.
But of course if they could put them alongside SP and Invincible, where's the harm in that?

Invincible would still be there.

HarmonyLover
18-09-2008, 05:53 AM

Where can I get that?

Hopix
18-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Invincible would still be there.

invincible owns.

Obi
18-09-2008, 04:19 PM
invincible owns.

Yes, it's own album. Untouched by the rest of Muse music.

But not because it's good....

HarmonyLover
23-09-2008, 03:59 AM
The only live video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glBQstcLXAY

Horrible that this is the only live performance we have.

Graceful
30-09-2008, 05:01 AM

Me too! I still do :p

HarmonyLover
30-10-2008, 10:37 PM
BH&R should have been:

1. Take a Bow
2. Starlight
3. SMBH
4. MoTP
5. Easily
6. Invincible
7. Assassin(GOB edit)
8. Exo-Politics
9. Glorious
10. City of Delusion
11. Hoodoo
12. KoC

Nice thing about MP3 playlists, you can "roll your own" Muse album!

Dominic.
30-10-2008, 11:27 PM
who here thinks we should make a petition trying to get them to play it more when they start to tour again :D:p

even tho the chances are like million to one theyll ever read it its still worth a go:happy:

'believes we could be glorious...'

xGlorious
31-10-2008, 01:57 AM
I frickin' love Glorious! :D

QueenOfNerds
01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
who here thinks we should make a petition trying to get them to play it more when they start to tour again :D:p

even tho the chances are like million to one theyll ever read it its still worth a go:happy:

'believes we could be glorious...'

I will sign the petition.

Also 'believes we could be glorious'

missusmuse
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Absolutely love love love Glorious! :happy:

Musemonkey1
18-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Anybody noticed the similarities between the chorus of Glorious and the first line of My Iron Lung... not that I'm trying to compare Muse and Radiohead.

Faith, it drives me away

Faith, you're driving me away

the small printcess
18-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Anybody noticed the similarities between the chorus of Glorious and the first line of My Iron Lung... not that I'm trying to compare Muse and Radiohead.

just a coincidence? loads of songs have parallels between them... nice observation nevertheless :)

love your sig by the way... 1984 is one of my favourite novels

sugarthumbfairy
18-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Like a couple of other posters in this thread, yeah, is it available anywhere on cd? Don't have i-pod status yet! Argh. Sounds like it's a pretty amazing track to hear.

hysteria_bside
19-12-2008, 01:11 AM
It is amazing, especially the lyrics... so powerful!

Faith
It drives me away
But it turns me on
Like a stranger's love
It rockets through the universe
It fuels the lies, it feeds the curse
Believes we could be
Glorious

I too would love to hear Muse play this song live more often!!! :D

ChasingDreams
19-12-2008, 02:50 AM
just a coincidence? loads of songs have parallels between them... nice observation nevertheless :)

love your sig by the way... 1984 is one of my favourite novels

+1 :)

anyone know what the actual lyrics to the chorus are? I mean, for sure for sure? It's really hard to tell. I used to think it was "and we too could be glorious" and then "and leads me to be glorious" but then thre's also "believes we could be glorious"

WHICH ONE IS IT DAMMIT.

Burning_October
19-12-2008, 03:18 AM
Best BHaR era song by FAR. Amazing.

the small printcess
19-12-2008, 07:31 AM
+1 :)

anyone know what the actual lyrics to the chorus are? I mean, for sure for sure? It's really hard to tell. I used to think it was "and we too could be glorious" and then "and leads me to be glorious" but then thre's also "believes we could be glorious"

WHICH ONE IS IT DAMMIT.

*listens to Glorious* i am hearing

Faith
It drives me away
But it turns me on
Like a stranger's love
It rockets through the universe
It fuels the lies and feeds the curse
Believes we could be glorious

but and we too could be glorious and and leads me to be glorious works in my mind.... they all fit with the song and the themes......

Vaxis
31-01-2009, 07:58 PM
It's too beautiful to describe. That first verse is so perfect... I would be offended if anyone tried to put this in some sort of music video or something, because this song is too wonderful to be "used" in any way. This is something to be shared and loved.

I can't emphasize enough how fucking much I love this song.

Phill
31-01-2009, 07:58 PM
awesome thread.

Clunge
31-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I think it's one of the worst songs Muse have every released. Boring, bland and insipid. A b-side at he very very very best.

Happy?

Vaxis
31-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I think it's one of the worst songs Muse have every released. Boring, bland and insipid. A b-side at he very very very best.

Nonsense. It has the best vocals, and it fits the overall theme of BH&R perfectly (love and the strangeness of the universe). It's like a counterpart to Sing for Absolution. Well, that doesn't make any sense at all, that's just my left brain speaking.

Clunge
31-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I disagree fundamentally, but ok.

Hopix
31-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I Love Glorious too. Incredible song.

Finlay
31-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Ok Clunge, stop using long words. You aren't witty.

Clunge
31-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Oh do shush. Do you think I'm posting to appear 'witty' or even need to use long-words to appear to be witty? And while we're at it, why shouldn't I use long words? I know what they mean, I know how to apply them correctly and they offer a far greater level of vibrancy to what would be a fairly run-of-the-mill post ('omg Gloriuss is so shit, lololol!').

I'm getting sick of the thought-police here.

Vaxis
31-01-2009, 08:17 PM

That better be some sort of stupid joke, because long words and being witty aren't connected in any way. Saying that using them makes you an annoying is a mistake on your part. Consider the possibility that he is witty, even if only wittier than you.

ChasingDreams
31-01-2009, 08:24 PM

:eek: Blasphemy! :LOL:

I love Glorious. Its definatly underrated. It deserves much more fan recognition. The melody always reminds me of some song I heard in my childhood. The whole song has this very nostalgic thing going on.

Obi
31-01-2009, 08:27 PM
It's alright.

salanderson
31-01-2009, 08:45 PM
LOVE this song

Burning_October
31-01-2009, 10:29 PM
This not being on BHaR was possibly the worst decision that Muse has ever made. It fit PERFECTLY with the whole theme and sound of the album, and besides that it's probably the best thing they wrote in that era. Absolutely amazing song, and probably one of Muse's overall best.

Discoprincess32
31-01-2009, 11:38 PM

Thread starter, I don't know how long you have been lurking on these boards but you will find that there are some people (the one quoted here being one of the main suspects) who are extremely elitist, don't really seem to like Muse at all or even like half of thier songs. Sometimes I think that they post some things just to try to be mean to other members or argumentative.

On topic, Glorious and Microcuts live from Hullabaloo are my 2 favorite songs from Muse. Glorious makes me feel hopeful. and happy and at peace. There aren't many songs that make me feel like that. I love this song. :)

Problemfanatique
31-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Thread starter, I don't know how long you have been lurking on these boards but you will find that there are some people (the one quoted here being one of the main suspects) who are extremely elitist, don't really seem to like Muse at all or even like half of thier songs. Sometimes I think that they post some things just to try to be mean to other members or argumentative.

On topic, Glorious and Microcuts live from Hullabaloo are my 2 favorite songs from Muse. Glorious makes me feel hopeful. and happy and at peace. There aren't many songs that make me feel like that. I love this song. :)

+1
I've noticed that, and it's always really confused me tbh. If people don't like Muse, or half of their songs, then why are they even on here.

Obi
31-01-2009, 11:42 PM

What, you have to like all Muse's songs to post? When did that happen?

QueenOfNerds
31-01-2009, 11:47 PM
For me it is just pure inspiration, this song means a lot to me personally.

Discoprincess32
31-01-2009, 11:48 PM
What, you have to like all Muse's songs to post? When did that happen?

No, no no, thats not what I'm saying at all! But some people really only seem to like like 5 or 6 of thier songs and then slam all the rest. It just seems really mean. Everyone else seems to like most of Muses songs bar from 5-7 people.

control
31-01-2009, 11:55 PM
It amazes me how I didn't really like ''Glorious' all that much initially but I came to absolutely love it...the words and music are so full of hope and beauty...It's a great song to kick start the day!

Nimpo46
01-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Glorious is an absolute masterpiece. Plain and simple.

Clunge
01-02-2009, 12:22 AM
:facepalm:.

Disliking songs is elitist now, is it? Voicing a negative opinion instead of a positive one or *shock-horror*, one that differs from your own is grounds for personal abuse?

Muse are my favourite band, there or thereabouts. Please don't try and suggest otherwise simply because I don't blow my beans over every song they've ever written.

MrPowell
01-02-2009, 12:33 AM

Clunge
01-02-2009, 12:35 AM
*bows*.

Nimpo46
01-02-2009, 12:35 AM
:facepalm:.

Disliking songs is elitist now, is it? Voicing a negative opinion instead of a positive one or *shock-horror*, one that differs from your own is grounds for personal abuse?

Muse are my favourite band, there or thereabouts. Please don't try and suggest otherwise simply because I don't blow my beans over every song they've ever written.

I think what you mean is you actually like Glorious but prefer Feeling Good because of the shock horror and differs you get from it. Beans are Muse thereabouts. I think this is what you meant.

SuperGinge
01-02-2009, 12:42 AM
It amazes me how I didn't really like ''Glorious' all that much initially but I came to absolutely love it...the words and music are so full of hope and beauty...It's a great song to kick start the day!

That sounds like an advert for a breakfast cereal...

Muse=MyMuse
01-02-2009, 12:45 AM
meh, I like a lot more other songs more

devonscreen
01-02-2009, 03:32 AM
I love this song sooooo much!!!
It should be put on the A Side!!!

crazy_mary
01-02-2009, 04:19 AM
i think Glorious should be in the list for the next tour.

love rusty one.

Spider Cannon
01-02-2009, 04:29 AM
It really is a good song, I have never understood why it was a b-side. Plus it has a really under rated bass line.

Mr.Mime
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
The strings are great in this song, and it includes an amazing riff, a tasty bass line and very good drums. And on top of all that Matt's vocals are superb in this song.

Escape to Sunrise
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Glorious is my favourite Muse song ever! Yep I said it... Instant Messenger comes a close second though!

New Born Lee
02-02-2009, 01:31 AM

+1
I've noticed that, and it's always really confused me tbh. If people don't like Muse, or half of their songs, then why are they even on here.

Oh for god's sake.

Let me put this in your terms.

"You are all made of epic facepalm."

Oh sorry, was there enough internet speak in that for you?

Problemfanatique
02-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh for god's sake.

Let me put this in your terms.

"You are all made of epic facepalm."

Oh sorry, was there enough internet speak in that for you?

:facepalm:

Sorry for saying what I think?

hutterflies&burricanes
02-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Glorious is a truly amazing song. I love it so much. :D All people to their own opinions, but personally I think it's fantastic! :happy: Never understood why it's a b-side..:unsure:

manblue
02-02-2009, 05:11 PM
I'd say I'm indifferent towards Glorious, I prefer Crying Shame

Clunge
02-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Aye, ditto. Crying Shame though doesn't really fit at all with the BH&R era, would have been better off on Showbiz.

ArrowSmith
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Love Glorious because of the baroque stylings bookending the song.

hutterflies&burricanes
02-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I'd say I'm indifferent towards Glorious, I prefer Crying Shame

Yeah, I prefer Crying Shame, still love Glorious though...

Nimpo46
02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
There is soemthing about the chord structure of the song that I really like...

tails
02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I think people often overlook Crying Shame, but that can happen with a lot of Muse songs it seems like. It gets caught in the middle because it's not so terribly bad like Starlight, but not one of the most popular favorites like New Born. Plus, it's a B-side, so it's harder to just "come across" it
As for Glorious, I can see why some people might think "meh" but others feel really inspired/touched by it...I've always really liked it:happy:

*OoS*
02-02-2009, 09:19 PM
DES was better - more raw. I miss it. Glorious is lovely, but DES had that slight edginess. Same with A Crying Shame - it was so much more menacing and rocky live. The studio version reminded me of a circus theme... the only studio recording I've ever been truly disappointed with by the boys (although Exo-Politics wasn't brilliant either).

Obi
03-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Aye, ditto. Crying Shame though doesn't really fit at all with the BH&R era, would have been better off on Showbiz.

Yep. It's boring so would fit in perfectly. :rolleyes:;)

Clunge
03-02-2009, 07:09 PM
If you say so, 'guvnor.

Iddy
03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I love it, probably my favourite B-side.

TehGreve
03-02-2009, 08:44 PM
It's ok.

GlassNeedles
04-02-2009, 10:42 AM
I used to like it, now it bores me.

devonscreen
04-02-2009, 10:59 AM

But...
Why???
:(

GlassNeedles
04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
dunno, i just don't like it anymore

mr.jingles
04-02-2009, 12:31 PM

+1

Personally I don't like 'Hyper Music' that much, but I know a lot of people here do. Do I think that it's an utter piece of shit... NO!, and if others want to go ahead and enjoy it, good for them. My opinion doesn't make me better than the rest of the people on this board.

If someone thinks Starlight, Glorious, or Invincible are bland and sappy, then they're entitled for their opinion, but at least they should stop talking about those songs in terms like if they came out from a fuckin' Jonas Brothers album. They might not be Muse's best, and they might have a rather commercial appeal than the rest, but they are decent songs nonetheless.

Meep
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
It is a bit 'empty'.

Ry.
04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
It is a bit 'empty'.

+1

the intro and outro r gd, but everythin else jst seems unfinished

it's a good song, just seems a bit rough round the edges, so to speak

EDIT: meep, i just lold at ur sig :LOL:

Meep
04-02-2009, 01:05 PM
+1

the intro and outro r gd, but everythin else jst seems unfinished

it's a good song, just seems a bit rough round the edges, so to speak

EDIT: meep, i just lold at ur sig :LOL:
:chuckle:

Does anyone remember "business bra"? :LOL: I still keep expecting him to sing that on the studio version.

hyper_chondriac_muser
04-02-2009, 01:28 PM

I get what you're saying, as in some people's tone might come across as elitist, but at the end of the day people are entitled to their opinions. Seems like musers that joined from 03-05 can get a little on the :phu: side with new musers that claim to love Starlight more than any other song (I've been guilty of that too :p) but, it's stupid for people to assume that they're better than others for that fact, because they're not, whether they've like Muse since 1997 or 2007! If someone's obssessed with Starlight or whatever song may be deemed too 'commercial', that's their own choice innit hehe!

I think what you mean is you actually like Glorious but prefer Feeling Good because of the shock horror and differs you get from it. Beans are Muse thereabouts. I think this is what you meant.

:LOL: Yes <3

Glorious is my favourite Muse song ever! Yep I said it... Instant Messenger comes a close second though!

Your name makes me LOL every time I see it!

Love Glorious because of the baroque stylings bookending the song.

Bookending...that's a wicked term for it!:happy:

+1

Personally I don't like 'Hyper Music' that much, but I know a lot of people here do. Do I think that it's an utter piece of shit... NO!, and if others want to go ahead and enjoy it, good for them. My opinion doesn't make me better than the rest of the people on this board.

If someone thinks Starlight, Glorious, or Invincible are bland and sappy, then they're entitled for their opinion, but at least they should stop talking about those songs in terms like if they came out from a fuckin' Jonas Brothers album. They might not be Muse's best, and they might have a rather commercial appeal than the rest, but they are decent songs nonetheless.

Plus fucking one!!

Phew, that was a lot of quoting. I didn't used to think much of Glorious but it grew on me and the drum beat is just brilliant, especially towards the end. Very inspirational song..prefer it to DES, but prefer Crying Shame more as a song overall! :happy:

Nimpo46
06-02-2009, 04:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYOWIdPHXts

glorious chorus...

(not at all but i was listening to glorious and it reminded me of it)

Escape to Sunrise
06-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Your name makes me LOL every time I see it!That's ok... it's my job after all to make people laugh; I am here to spread the lulz as such, that and promote the new Airborne Toxic Event single. :-D

Anyway... I agree that the earlier live versions of Glorious 'are' better than the studio one. I downloaded one of them off of Microcuts.com once and it's just quite simply amazing! The lyrics are better, it's just so much more passionate than the studio version turned out to be.

I'd die and go to heaven if the band released an early live version of Glorious as a b-side or something.. *hint* hint* ;-)

LifeOfSydonia
08-02-2009, 11:33 PM
It's too beautiful to describe. That first verse is so perfect... I would be offended if anyone tried to put this in some sort of music video or something, because this song is too wonderful to be "used" in any way. This is something to be shared and loved.

I can't emphasize enough how fucking much I love this song.
that makes to of us

Dominic.
15-02-2009, 06:39 PM

the studio version of glorious tends to bore me if I listen to it quite a few times, but I can listen to DES for hours and hours and not get bored of it yes I do have a life

i think....

ChrisirhC
15-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Nonsense. It has the best vocals, and it fits the overall theme of BH&R perfectly (love and the strangeness of the universe). It's like a counterpart to Sing for Absolution. Well, that doesn't make any sense at all, that's just my left brain speaking.

It's about faith and religion, and how they think we can be perfect.

Sunshine
15-02-2009, 11:21 PM

Totally agree. I love Glorious!

Problemfanatique
15-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I've never really felt much for this song even though I do like it quite a bit. It reminds me of things that have happened. But I just prefere a lot of other Muse songs.

Citizen Erased
17-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Glorious...Yeah, I do love this song. I don't know what it is about it, but I really do adore it.

eternallymused
19-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Uh-huh:yesey: I really like Glorious too.
I'm currently re-in-love with The Small Print and Map of the Problematique as well.

songstress-yuna
19-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I've always loved glorious because of the piano riff-y thing (lol technical terms >>) in the verses - chorus I'm not so keen on, but the other stuff makes up for it. It's one of my favourite songs, definately.

mrs_bellamy_
15-04-2009, 05:02 AM
I LOVE glorious, such a brilliant song!

knightofcydonia14
18-04-2009, 02:40 PM
It rockets through the universe,
It fuels the lies and feeds the curse,
Believes we could be glorious!

I absolutely love this song, I actually just bought it on iTunes, but have heard it many times before. I like it better than Invincible.

I'd_Rather_Dance
20-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I just recently heard this song for the first time. Oh Holy God...

Majestic.

...Gave me goosebumps too. I've been playing it over and over again like some teenybopper listening to N*Sync or something. :$

Tiffpietiff
08-01-2011, 04:00 PM
It's, well...

...glorious. :happy:

And it's Muse's best song.

Jedi of Cydonia
20-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Were all the performances of Glorious live before Muse started using Morgan? I can't tell if it's just the recordings of it on YouTube are bad and aren't picking up much besides Matt, Chris, and Dom or if there just simply isn't a backing track/Morgan playing anything.

It's too bad the live version sounds so empty and rough compared to the studio version (which doesn't sound the best either but is definitely cleaner than the live recordings).

(Sorry for the really huge bump but I figured it was better to just continue this thread rather than starting a new one.)

DifferentPerson
20-03-2013, 11:33 PM
They last played Glorious in 2005 I think, and I think they started using Morgan (regularly) in 2006, so yes. And never playing Glorious since its release is one of the worst decisions Muse have ever made.

Kueller917
20-03-2013, 11:34 PM
There was no Morgan then.

Kueller917
20-03-2013, 11:34 PM
When did they start using Morgan actually? I know it was in the BH&R tour but was it right from the first gig or a few gigs in?

DifferentPerson
20-03-2013, 11:35 PM
They had him playing piano on Sunburn at one gig in 2006 didn't they? That was before BHAR was released I think.

Kueller917
20-03-2013, 11:38 PM
The Sunburn gig was at the start of the tour yeah. I don't remember seeing him at Shepherd's Bush though.

Dominic.
20-03-2013, 11:38 PM
It's too bad the live version sounds so empty and rough
:supersad:

live version sounded insaaaaaaaane. But yeah, no Morgan
When did they start using Morgan actually? I know it was in the BH&R tour but was it right from the first gig or a few gigs in?

Straight away I think in Dundee

mskatie
21-03-2013, 03:39 AM
"Glorious" has been my favorite Muse song from the first time I heard it-actually I listened to it about ten times in a row when I discovered it exists. It deserves to be played live. In a stadium it would be amazing, It'll never happen, but it's fun to think about.

SerpentSatellite
21-03-2013, 04:17 AM
And never playing Glorious since its release is one of the worst decisions Muse have ever made.

Not properly releasing it in the first place was a bigger mistake... Fucker should have been on a proper album, so they had more reason to play it in the first place...

Best damn song they've ever done.

Dee3Dee
21-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Well according to Chris it seems like they were planning to do like a B-sides/rarities gig before they decided to do Origin at R/L, so I guess there was a brief moment where Glorious might have been played. Dunno if a proper B-sides/rarities gig is something they would consider again though.

Nipso
21-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Well according to Chris it seems like they were planning to do like a B-sides/rarities gig before they decided to do Origin at R/L.

Really?

Dee3Dee
21-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Really?

Yeah, it was mentioned in some interview leading up to R/L. I think it might have been in that big NME/Q/whatever special. Lemme find it.

EDIT:

Chris: .... "So we've been thinking for a long time about what we can do - we were talking for a while about doing some sort of B-sides set, or playing stuff that we haven't played for a long time. There are a lot of older songs that never get a look in."

Nipso
21-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Damn

Kojane
21-03-2013, 12:07 PM

They had him in 2004 to replace chris when he broke his hand

Gohenko
21-03-2013, 02:41 PM

(Muse met him during the Absolution tour when they asked him to replace Chris for one gig and then) while doing BHaR they decided to ask him to become a regular live member in order to be able to cut down on all the backing tracks, as they thought that on the Absolution tour they relied too much on them.

Or something like that, I'm not 100% sure.

Tjet
21-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Goddamnit guys you are Muse fans, you should be able to recite this in your sleep.

Kueller917
21-03-2013, 06:56 PM
They had him in 2004 to replace chris when he broke his hand

(Muse met him during the Absolution tour when they asked him to replace Chris for one gig and then) while doing BHaR they decided to ask him to become a regular live member in order to be able to cut down on all the backing tracks, as they thought that on the Absolution tour they relied too much on them.

Or something like that, I'm not 100% sure.

I know the thing about how they met him and why they hired him and all, I just didn't know when he actually began touring with them or how often.

Dominic.
21-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah the Absolution point is completely irrelevant to Morgan and Glorious

Gohenko
21-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah the Absolution point is completely irrelevant to Morgan and Glorious

That's why I used brackets for that part :phu:

But anyways...Kueller, I think Morgan was there right from the very start of the BHaR tour, since Muse apparently asked him to become a regular live member before they started the tour. But as I said, not 100% sure.

Danaetop
21-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah, it was mentioned in some interview leading up to R/L. I think it might have been in that big NME/Q/whatever special. Lemme find it.

EDIT:

Chris: .... "So we've been thinking for a long time about what we can do - we were talking for a while about doing some sort of B-sides set, or playing stuff that we haven't played for a long time. There are a lot of older songs that never get a look in."

Oh that sounds awesome! I guess they don't plan on doing that anymore though... Shame.

Bells
21-03-2013, 08:26 PM
And never playing Glorious since its release is one of the worst decisions Muse have ever made.

Yes. Glorious has been my favourite Muse song and one of my all time favourite songs ever since the moment I heard it live under the name of DES in 2004. Shame on you, Muse, shame on you. :(

sade
21-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Glorious has never been one of my faves but it's clearly one of the better non-album tracks.

People complain about BH&R production issues and Glorious is actually one song where the production does bother me (whether or not it was recorded/mixed at the same sessions I do not know). It sounds cacophonic and weirdly muddled to me, like it the production was never quite finished. It's a little hard to enjoy as a listening experience even if the chorus melody is quite nice.

Jazzthief
22-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Glorious has never been one of my faves but it's clearly one of the better non-album tracks.

People complain about BH&R production issues and Glorious is actually one song where the production does bother me (whether or not it was recorded/mixed at the same sessions I do not know). It sounds cacophonic and weirdly muddled to me, like it the production was never quite finished. It's a little hard to enjoy as a listening experience even if the chorus melody is quite nice.

You complain too much

Gohenko
22-03-2013, 08:32 PM
You complain too much

She does? No more than some other people here on the board imo.

Jazzthief
22-03-2013, 08:45 PM
She does? No more than some other people here on the board imo.

Imho the production of Glorious isn't any worse than the rest of the album. It sounds pretty decent to me.
Dee and Sippe are more into proving other people wrong

Gohenko
22-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Imho the production of Glorious isn't any worse than the rest of the album. It sounds pretty decent to me.
Dee and Sippe are more into proving other people wrong

Well of course she is still allowed to express her opinions freely? Plus she's a Finn, we like to complain about stuff :LOL:

Also tbh, almost all of Dee's posts that I see are about him hating or strongly disliking something.

Dee3Dee
22-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Also tbh, almost all of Dee's posts that I see are about him hating or strongly disliking something.

Mostly it's me disliking people who are wrong, and then telling them why they are wrong.

Tjet
22-03-2013, 09:12 PM
pff sade is one of the least wrong people on the board atm.

Gohenko
22-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Mostly it's me disliking people who are wrong, and then telling them why they are wrong.

And also disliking something that Muse did/didn't do.

Dee3Dee
22-03-2013, 09:49 PM
And also disliking something that Muse did/didn't do.

And also liking/defending T2L, IBTY, Endlessly, Soaked, NSC live etc. Don't make stuff up.

Kueller917
22-03-2013, 10:17 PM

Who's the most wrong?

Tjet
22-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Who's the most wrong?
MattB.

sade
22-03-2013, 10:31 PM
You complain too much

iawtc

Plus she's a Finn, we like to complain about stuff

iawtc

iawtc

fabripav
22-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Who's the most wrong?

MattB.

:LOL:

iawtc

iawtc

iawtc

I never saw "iawtc" before :$

Tjet
22-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I never saw "iawtc" before :$
Me neither, had to google it.

Jazzthief
23-03-2013, 09:17 AM
iawtc

lol :LOL:

SerpentSatellite
24-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Was it necessary to necro a thread about an amazing song to bitch at each other in?
I'm sure there's plenty of others we alread do that in... :'(

Muse_Maniac
24-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Glorious happens to be one of my favorite Muse songs... its also my funeral song (sad I know) but I like to plan ahead. :p

I own the japan-ease version of this album, so its the last song of the album, I actually only ever listen to the Jap versions, apart from the last two, which don't seem to have had a bonus song thrown on them.

SerpentSatellite
24-03-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm very glad they stopped doing the "exclusive" track thing, tbh.
Back before iTunes this was a pretty bastard thing for the rest of the fans.

I was absolutely stunned by Glorious the first time I finally heard it, and it's been my favorite ever since.
Bad production aside (never stopped my love of Abso, either, and that sounds like it was recorded in a sock...) there's so much about this track that's just perfect.
I could go on, and on, and on. :LOL:

Dee3Dee
24-03-2013, 09:45 PM
I'd say that Glorious is easily one of their best songs. Very melodic, excellent vocal stuff, and I actually quite like the lyrics.

Tjet
24-03-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm very glad they stopped doing the "exclusive" track thing, tbh.
Back before iTunes this was a pretty bastard thing for the rest of the fans.
Not really though since the tracks were still b-sides on singles.

SerpentSatellite
25-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Not really though since the tracks were still b-sides on singles.

Still a bitch for US fans, or at least our wallets.

I guess I also don't remember Glorious being on any other singles, but I'm not an expert.

fabripav
25-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Still a bitch for US fans, or at least our wallets.

I guess I also don't remember Glorious being on any other singles, but I'm not an expert.
B-side to Invincible (vinyl)

SerpentSatellite
25-03-2013, 12:45 AM
B-side to Invincible (vinyl)

I'm going to give a "meh" to that one. Vinyl is cute in a retro sort of way, but hardly my quality of choice. :LOL:
Also very hard to input into my iPod...

fabripav
25-03-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm going to give a "meh" to that one. Vinyl is cute in a retro sort of way, but hardly my quality of choice. :LOL:
Also very hard to input into my iPod...

Forgot to mention that it's here too http://muse.mu/store/product,invincible-mp3_96.htm

SerpentSatellite
25-03-2013, 03:13 AM
I would assume making the songs available on other singles, and on the website, was no small reason they stopped doing them entirely, anyways...
When the reason the exclusive songs exist are to sell CDs in areas where they cost quite a bit more or push single sales, it's rather pointless when you can just buy the individual song. :LOL:

Now, back in MY day, you'd see a Japan only track that was IMPOSSIBLE to find outside of actually finding a retailer to import you the damn CD, and sometimes the cost of that was just prohibitive.

Tjet
25-03-2013, 04:26 AM
Not sure why making the song available on a single would decrease single sales...

SerpentSatellite
25-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Not sure why making the song available on a single would decrease single sales...

They wouldn't INCREASE sales enough, unless there wasn't a way to purchase the song without purchasing the "single" track in conjunction, either, though. Same with Japaneses exclusive tracks.
The original intent of exclusives and B-sides has been made a little moot with digital distribution of the tracks.
And, as much as I miss getting extra songs here and there, especially when they're of exceptional quality (which went down the crapper during TR anyways) I'm also glad to not have to do things like importing expensive CDs anymore.

Technica
01-03-2014, 09:19 PM
They better start playing this song soon or ima smack a bitch!! :mad:

ryanp16
01-03-2014, 09:21 PM
They better start playing this song soon or ima smack a bitch!! :mad:

Yep, needs to come back. Plus there's so many places in the set it could be put.

Technica
01-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Seriously though, if they can go and play the b-sides form OoS and Abso in one gig why leave out BH&R? Unless Matt cant sing it or the bass is too complicated?? The rest of the song seems pretty simple?

ryanp16
01-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Seriously though, if they can go and play the b-sides form OoS and Abso in one gig why leave out BH&R? Unless Matt cant sing it or the bass is too complicated?? The rest of the song seems pretty simple?

I'd probably put it down to them thinking no one cares about it. This tour has shown that they're willing to play, on occasion, stuff we make very clear we want heard live. Glorious spamming needs to start.

Regilistic
01-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Glorious would be amazing live, but it's not within my top 5 songs to bring back. I'd much rather get some good piano songs back in rotation. (Space Dementia, Hoodoo, AP etc)

Tjet
01-03-2014, 10:40 PM
I'd probably put it down to them thinking no one cares about it. This tour has shown that they're willing to play, on occasion, stuff we make very clear we want heard live. Glorious spamming needs to start.
Yep. People either go on about singles and new albums, or the old muse. Stuff like Glorious is forgotten and not mentioned that often so it's easy to see how Muse would think that people don't care. Or that it's not well liked because the image of us Boardies for example is that we like the old and hate the new. Therefore CE for us and Starlight for the rest.

DifferentPerson
01-03-2014, 10:41 PM

This is probably the case. I feel like someone should compile a list of the songs the board in general most want to hear live (I'm sure there was a thread for that at some point) and give it to Matt on behalf of the whole board, to make it clear which songs we want played.

thedemonocracy
01-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Glorious is a great song. It was played before recorded, and i love to watch it live. But thinking about it, all the japanese extra tracks are very solid and some of their best: Spiral Static, Futurism, Fury and Glorious; ace from the begining to the end.

Imagine a gig with those four songs:supersad:

fabripav
01-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Give me Assassin/Debase, City of Delusion and Glorious over 99% of the rarities from the first three albums.

Jazzthief
02-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Give me Assassin/Debase, City of Delusion and Glorious over 99% of the rarities from the first three albums.

That 1% is Hyper Chondriac Music :yesey:

Kueller917
02-03-2014, 09:24 AM
:ohmy:

Regilistic
02-03-2014, 09:25 AM
No, Showbiz.

Jazzthief
02-03-2014, 09:53 AM
No, Showbiz.

Nope.

Regilistic
02-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Yes.

Jazzthief
02-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Yes.

Okey.

fabripav
02-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Oh wait, 98%

ryanp16
02-03-2014, 11:43 AM
This is probably the case. I feel like someone should compile a list of the songs the board in general most want to hear live (I'm sure there was a thread for that at some point) and give it to Matt on behalf of the whole board, to make it clear which songs we want played.

If we decide this should be done I'll absolutely give it to him when he does his talk here.

Dee3Dee
02-03-2014, 12:04 PM
If we decide this should be done I'll absolutely give it to him when he does his talk here.

Really? He might do a talk in Ireland? Can't believe I haven't seen you mention this anywhere else before now.

ryanp16
02-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Really? He might do a talk in Ireland? Can't believe I haven't seen you mention this anywhere else before now.

I'm honestly not sure if this is sarcasm or not.

thedemonocracy
02-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Who is he? Matt, Chris, Dom? And what kind of talk HE will do, something for some university?

Tjet
02-03-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm honestly not sure if this is sarcasm or not.
It is.

ryanp16
02-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Thought so. :LOL: In any case, should we do that? Set up a poll of the top 10? songs we want to appear on the "anniversary tour"?

Tjet
02-03-2014, 12:28 PM
It's been done and sent to Tom iirc. I think it was before R/L 2011.

Technica
02-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Do you honestly think they've kept that list around for 3 years though?

Tjet
02-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Do you honestly think they've kept that list around for 3 years though?
The point is that they don't care.

ryanp16
02-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Although if I recall correctly nothing we requested was played on the TR tour, though that's excluding the setlist polls since anything that wasn't previously played that showed up on the polls was completely ignored. This tour they are making an effort, as evidenced a number of times.

Besides going by Zepp and what they said after it they're well up for bring back stuff not played in years.

I'd try it again.

fabripav
02-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Short list with Glorious, Assassin, Showbiz, Hyper Chondriac Music and Megalomania.

Jobby
02-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Tbh, before requesting songs for them to bring back, I'd rather someone asked for an update on the 20th anniversary stuff so we know whether it's actually happening or not (and, if so, what's happening).

Kueller917
02-03-2014, 09:46 PM
If there's no info by the end of March I doubt I'll be able to go regardless. Wouldn't be enough time to plan.

ryanp16
02-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Could you guys vote on this please? Please keep to 10 answers for the sake of yielding useful info.

I'll put it somewhere more visible but since we were talking about it in this thread I said I'd post it here too.

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll70357x4362448b-3

Tjet
02-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Could you guys vote on this please? Please keep to 10 answers for the sake of yielding useful info.

I'll put it somewhere more visible but since we were talking about it in this thread I said I'd post it here too.

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll70357x4362448b-3
Went for CoD, Darkshines, RBS, Take A Bow, Eternally Missed, Easily, Showbiz, Shrinking Universe, HCM and B&H.

EDIT: Fury winning, wat

fabripav
02-03-2014, 11:18 PM
B&H, CoD, Fury, Take a Bow, Assassin, Glorious, Futurism, Showbiz, Host, HCM.

ryanp16
02-03-2014, 11:20 PM
EDIT: Fury winning, wat

I was expecting that tbh.

Also thanks guys!

Tjet
02-03-2014, 11:21 PM
B&H, CoD, Fury, Take a Bow, Assassin, Glorious, Futurism, Showbiz, Host, HCM.
Why Host, if I might ask?

Tjet
02-03-2014, 11:31 PM
http://you-killed-the-sound.tumblr.com/post/78373632033/muse-20th-anniversary-tour-gig I made this.

fabripav
02-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Why Host, if I might ask?

Because it's one of the best songs they've ever done imo, and it could be incredible played in full nowadays. I like his voice way more now than 15 years ago, and the snippets of it he played in the arena tour were awesome.

Also do you really think they'd play GL and Save Me in the 20th anniversary gigs?

DifferentPerson
02-03-2014, 11:34 PM
http://you-killed-the-sound.tumblr.com/post/78373632033/muse-20th-anniversary-tour-gig I made this.

Why put map in the list of the songs they always play?

Tjet
02-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Because it's one of the best songs they've ever done imo, and it could be incredible played in full nowadays. I like his voice way more now than 15 years ago, and the snippets of it he played in the arena tour were awesome.

Also do you really think they'd play GL and Save Me in the 20th anniversary gigs?
Nah I don't. But there's no reason to tell the casuals that.
Why put map in the list of the songs they always play?Because fak u.

fabripav
02-03-2014, 11:36 PM

Do you have many muse fans that follow you? If so, well done on that post.

Tjet
02-03-2014, 11:37 PM

Do you have many muse fans that follow you? If so, well done on that post.
I do, but more importantly it's tagged as Muse so it'll show up when people search for it.

ryanp16
02-03-2014, 11:39 PM

That's great, Simon, thanks!

Jobby
02-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Went for TSP, Fury, Assassin, COD, Hyper Music, Dead Star, Muscle Museum, Showbiz, HTAILY, and Host.

musemomof4
02-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Done. :)

ryanp16
03-03-2014, 12:41 AM

Only just noticed this now. :LOL:

Smorkser
06-03-2014, 03:00 PM
FYI, you forgot to include Blackout. Then again Matt can't be bothered to guitar it anyway

Anyay, went with SfA, CoD, Space Dementia, CE, Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania, Dead Star, Muscle Museum and Showbiz.

I just really like OoS

EDIT : Pretty standard choices if I look at the results. Seeing CE made me smile though, still the popular kid in town

3256pianomaster88
23-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Awesome! Glorious is such a good song. It's my favorite b-side and is one of my personal chart toppers second to redemption but that's just my opinion talking to each his own. I really like the seemingly random electric guitar pentatonic scales in the beginning that fades in and out throughout the song and just the buildup with the booming distorted bass line with his powerful vocals and of course the strings that dissonance that just oozzes emotion. Lot of good memories with this song. It just has that emotional impact I know where you're coming from. Alot of their old songs the movers have a powerful effect on me. You're the first person that ever mentioned glorious. That's on so many ways a blessing to me.

Tjet
23-03-2014, 11:51 AM
What