PDA

View Full Version : The WILL TRAVEL FOR MUSE Club!

Pages : [1] 2

gocanux
21-07-2007, 05:07 AM
There has been a bit of discussion in various threads about the lengths that many of us will go to, to see the best live band on the planet perform. So, why not a club for the truly obsessive world-traveling Musers? We will need input on criteria for eligibility; certainly anyone who travels to another country or state, or other long-distance travel, is in like Flynn! HelenT and I, both veterans of multiple trans-Atlantic journeys to see the band perform, have been nominated as presidents; co-presidents, one from UK and one from US sounds even better, we accept! (Can I speak for you, Helen?)

I would nominate Liron for an official officer, as she has been from Israel to France, then to UK (separate trip), and also to the US, with coast-to-coast band-following and multiple gigs.

Any other likely candidates for WTFM membership or officers?

A few who pop into my head:

ocean5
Sylvie
Arman
Firebaptist
maccah
hyper
forwen
althea
satan
kiernana
aur0bells
canuxfan44

(Edit: more added! The list keeps growing...)
judderman
theangelthatislo
Britrock
bucjo
Zoja
Charming queen
After8
lostkiwibird
MelAssassin
GeorgyDrachenkoeter
Blackwings
Timrich
citizen_pb
cgreen
AllSoArty
Dutch
Krnflakgrl
sools
Sebso
Purplesum
Poison ver.2.0
Evilduck
J33-3

Don't be offended if I forgot to mention you (cut me some slack; I'm old!)----just copy the list and add away!!

And I assume anyone listed will be going to MuseFest.....!:D

EDIT: there is no way now to keep this list up to date, the list has grown too huge!

Althea
21-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Ah ha! The WTFM!!! I see my name there... :p

So what about some "bennies" of membership, hmmm? We need a true Frequent Flyer club, and/or a Muse VISA card that also racks up air miles! Is that too far-fetched? :LOL:

Bazza12
21-07-2007, 08:59 AM
YAY!

I second Liron's nomination.

:( on kiernana's cancellation or not being able to go to Muse Madison Square Garden's show now after her just recent moved to Chicago. I vote to give her some slack on this one. I hope she still makes it.

I wouldn't let a little matter of Chicago to NYC stop me from seeing Muse! Unfortunately I can't afford the air fare from London, otherwise I'd be there!

Judderman
21-07-2007, 03:32 PM
ive travelled for muse and will travel again :yesey:

Helen T
21-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Shouldn't it be the 'Has too much money and not enough sense' club?

...Because you'd never travel to see Muse, would you? :D Lol!

Liron
21-07-2007, 05:21 PM
LOL o dear :$ Well, thanks for the nomination. Great lil club we have here ;)

I do think Helen T deserves it more. All in all, she travelled much more (although it's unfair because they perform in her country, loads :( lol bring them here I probably will stop travelling then)

But anyway Zoja, I disagree about the money bit. I don't have much money. I work a lot and save up. But about the 'not enough sense'... Mad and proud of it :D

Liron
21-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I have to say as I just finished writing my last msg, TIRO just came up on M2 in their '50 awesome videos' show. YAY :) And now Bjork! Awesome.

I work too and can barely afford my food shopping. So I think the money part does matter. A lot of Muse fans are still at school. I doubt they could save up to fly half way around the world....

Well, that's the difference. I still live at home, I don't study, just work. And I don't pay for food! So most of the money I get I save up for my random crap... and travelling is the one thing I enjoyed most. Well, that and gigs. And we only get bands here once in a few months if any.. and they're usually BAD. :LOL:

Lo
21-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm studying and have a part time job I just saw muse in Verona :happy: and thought why not as I was holidaying on Lake Garda anyway :D

Helen T
21-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, I would. I just can't afford to..... look at Monaco... I was £12 short. I paid for my flight. My gig ticket and my hotel room (I didn't get the money back for any of that) but all I was short of was the train fare to Luton airport.

I know plenty of people who WILL travel for Muse - but being able to afford to do it is another thing. Maybe it should be renamed to - 'Has enough money to travel for Muse' ??

;)

Its such a shame you never made it to Monaco :(

I absolutely agree with you too. I travel because, well I love travelling and I love live music and Muse are the best live band out there at the moment. I do realise how lucky I am. If I wasnt still living at home I'd never be able to to what I've done this year. Which is why I'm making the most of it!

Maccah
21-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I have to say as I just finished writing my last msg, TIRO just came up on M2 in their '50 awesome videos' show. YAY :) And now Bjork! Awesome.

Well, that's the difference. I still live at home, I don't study, just work. And I don't pay for food! So most of the money I get I save up for my random crap... and travelling is the one thing I enjoyed most. Well, that and gigs. And we only get bands here once in a few months if any.. and they're usually BAD. :LOL:
Yeah same here... it all seemed to fit :LOL:

and er thanks for the nom :LOL: i can be an aussie rep/officer or something :LOL::LOL:

Firebaptist
21-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Wooooo! I made the list! :LOL: :cool:

But yeah... my bank balance is hurting me the amount of times I've seen them :( :LOL:

Been worth it though!

Britrock
21-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I've seen them in Chicago...

I was already out there working for the summer, but it still counts surely? :)

Forwen
21-07-2007, 09:04 PM
There has been a bit of discussion in various threads about the lengths that many of us will go to, to see the best live band on the planet perform. So, why not a club for the truly obsessive world-traveling Musers? We will need input on criteria for eligibility; certainly anyone who travels to another country or state, or other long-distance travel, is in like Flynn! HelenT and I, both veterans of multiple trans-Atlantic journeys to see the band perform, have been nominated as presidents; co-presidents, one from UK and one from US sounds even better, we accept! (Can I speak for you, Helen?)

I would nominate Liron for an official officer, as she has been from Israel to France, then to UK (separate trip), and also to the US, with coast-to-coast band-following and multiple gigs.

ocean5
Sylvie
Arman
Firebaptist
maccah
hyper
forwen
althea
satan
kiernana
aur0bells
canuxfan44

Don't be offended if I forgot to mention you (cut me some slack; I'm old)----just copy the list and add away!!

Ooo yes, I'll join! :D

I would go to the Moon if the boys decided to play there :rolleyes:

I bet Matt's actually thought of that too....the most extreme gig ever! :LOL:

I understand those who can't afford to travel though. Like Helen, I live with my parents, so at the moment I am lucky enough to be able to afford to do it. I am making the most of it now before things change.

And Yes, I'll be going to MuseFest! :D

mai_taylor
21-07-2007, 09:33 PM
I sold my ps2 to get wembley tickets is that sad :$

JoBear
21-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I've travelled from New Zealand to see Muse play Wembley and then Parc Des Princes, but then again I was coming to live in the UK anyway. :LOL: Well timed.

Cost enough for me to fly to the other end of New Zealand to see the first time in 2004 (always does when you cross between islands) and I was a very poor student, yay for guilt money from my parents when they lived in America.

gocanux
21-07-2007, 09:37 PM
.....:( on kiernana's cancellation or not being able to go to Muse Madison Square Garden's show now after her just recent moved to Chicago. I vote to give her some slack on this one. I hope she still makes it.

She made it to Wembley, and drove 14 hours thru thunderstorms from St Louis to Austin and back, so Kiernan is definitely in. And yes, I too hope she can find a way to come to the MSG show...

Shouldn't it be the 'Has too much money and not enough sense' club?
I work too and can barely afford my food shopping. So I think the money part does matter. A lot of Muse fans are still at school. I doubt they could save up to fly half way around the world....
Well, I would. I just can't afford to..... look at Monaco... I was £12 short. I paid for my flight. My gig ticket and my hotel room (I didn't get the money back for any of that) but all I was short of was the train fare to Luton airport.
I know plenty of people who WILL travel for Muse - but being able to afford to do it is another thing. Maybe it should be renamed to - 'Has enough money to travel for Muse' ?? ;)

Certainly when this topic came up, all in jest, no one was trying to be elitist. "Travel" doesn't necessarily mean halfway around the world; it can mean Edinburgh to London, or Chicago to NYC. Most of the traveling Musers have shared hotel rooms, even beds, camped on floors, and many of us have enjoyed the hospitality of new Muser friends we have met on this forum. MuseCamp, anyone? Some have carpooled over long distances (San Diego to Austin, LA to SF, etc) with other Musers. Sylvie is a bona fide adult but was willing to bunk in with 30 others in a hostel room to be able to bring her daughter from France to Wembley. As for me, I am blessed with access to a zillion airline miles, so nearly all my flights have been free. To be able to get time off, I have traded many a shift at work and done extra shifts to sweeten the deals; just this last 11 days I worked 4 24-hr shifts, in addition to 4 regular days at work. Maybe we should call it "Will work overtime for Muse"??

After spending our vacation in UK after the Wembley shows, I realized how much more expensive everything is in Britain, so I can see how many there would have trouble finding extra cash. I only wish I had been able to give you the 12 pounds for the train; it made me so sad to read your tale.

And as for "not enough sense":---sense is SO overrated!

LOL o dear :$ Well, thanks for the nomination. Great lil club we have here ;)

I do think Helen T deserves it more. All in all, she travelled much more (although it's unfair because they perform in her country, loads :( lol bring them here I probably will stop travelling then)

But anyway Zoja, I disagree about the money bit. I don't have much money. I work a lot and save up. But about the 'not enough sense'... Mad and proud of it :D

Of course you are in, Liron!
Someone in another thread nominated HelenT and me for president, so co-pres seemed like a good way to do it. But yes, there should be a special category for someone who has gone to ALL the shows on a given tour. Many of us have gone to several, but ALL??? That's dedication above and beyond!

I've seen them in Chicago...
I was already out there working for the summer, but it still counts surely? :)

Well, the trip wasn't specifically for Muse, but seeing them on 2 continents should certainly qualify!

Yeah same here... it all seemed to fit :LOL:
and er thanks for the nom :LOL: i can be an aussie rep/officer or something :LOL::LOL:

Sure, why not? As record holder (or soon to be anyway) of single longest trip to see Muse, you deserve some special mention!

ortal
21-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Of course you are in, Liron!
Someone in another thread nominated HelenT and me for president, so co-pres seemed like a good way to do it. But yes, there should be a special category for someone who has gone to ALL the shows on a given tour. Many of us have gone to several, but ALL??? That's dedication above and beyond!

Hi there!
It's Liron using Ortal's computer (and being too lazy to change to my own username :LOL:)

Well, I definitely think you and Helen T deserve the president title more than I do :LOL:
But I think I should be in a special category called 'those who travel to see Muse because they don't have a choice' lol :p Cos at the end of the day, I HAVE to travel to see them.. Obviously I don't have to do it that many times, that's by choice! :happy:

gocanux
21-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh, oh.. I know. I don't like to mention figures (hence my signature) but I've seen Muse over 40 times so you can imagine I have travelled a little bit (not more than 2 hours on a plane) and have NO SENSE WHATSOEVER ;) So you know.. I'm not offended or taking this seriously... I guess I'm just bitter that since I got a mortgage I haven't been able to go and 'travel' to see Muse anymore ;)

40, wow! Guess I'm just a beginner...I would go to even more gigs, but then I do have to go to work, and the kids do have to go to school sometime! Maybe when my youngest goes off to college in a year, I will "do a HelenT" and follow the tour, visiting Muser friends all along the way.

Helen T
21-07-2007, 11:18 PM
40, wow! Guess I'm just a beginner...I would go to even more gigs, but then I do have to go to work, and the kids do have to go to school sometime! Maybe when my youngest goes off to college in a year, I will "do a HelenT" and follow the tour, visiting Muser friends all along the way.

I had so much fun on that UK tour!!

I actually have a history of doing this kind of thing. I saw one band 72 times, most of that in a 2 year period. The most gigs I've been to on one tour was 21 out of 26 dates. I still dont know how I did it as I was a student at the time. Not having to pay to get into the gigs certainly helped and most of the time, I didnt bother with accomadation. I spent most of my life on overnight buses or waiting at stations!

charming queen
21-07-2007, 11:59 PM
cean5
Sylvie
Arman
Firebaptist
maccah
hyper
forwen
althea
satan
kiernana
aur0bells
canuxfan44
Charming queen

I just added myself to the list.:)

I know plenty of people who WILL travel for Muse - but being able to afford to do it is another thing. Maybe it should be renamed to - 'Has enough money to travel for Muse' ??

I'll be mad if I were you. Missing Muse because of £12. Can't you just used the credit card or be brave and borrow from a friend?

My son is in college and only working but he spends more on entertainment than me.

He likes Muse but he won't give up his socializing money in order to go abroad for Muse gigs like I do. So it's all a matter of which you consider more important.

There are football fans pay hundreds of pounds on tickets and go to away matches all over the country or abroad, what's so different about us travel to Muse gigs?

I had so much fun on that UK tour!!

I actually have a history of doing this kind of thing. I saw one band 72 times, most of that in a 2 year period. The most gigs I've been to on one tour was 21 out of 26 dates. I still dont know how I did it as I was a student at the time. Not having to pay to get into the gigs certainly helped and most of the time, I didnt bother with accomadation. I spent most of my life on overnight buses or waiting at stations!

The price of a ticket is not a problem, it's the accommodation and the cost of traveling that cost the most.

I would go to more Muse gigs if I wasn't such a wimp - afraid to go to new places by myself.

I'm learning to be a bit braver so I can travel for Muse.:LOL:

For the unenlightened it looks like a lot of money for a gig and I'm not rich, I could use the money on plenty other necessities, but money can't buy you happiness so I choose happiness.:happy:

Musefest! Count me in.

After8
22-07-2007, 12:10 AM
I don't know if I can qualify but I sure am trying..
I've travelled from Lithuania to London. Also to Poland and Latvia, which is not that far, but if we consider the fact that I skipped the last festival day (LCD Soundsystem, Bloc Party, Bjork) in Poland, left my friends and went straight to Latvia through Lithuania, unsure if I would manage to make it in time to the bus (too many people said I was insane :D), maybe I can get some extra points.

And Musefest, yess.

charming queen
22-07-2007, 12:11 AM

I'm definitely a beginner with 6 gigs (plus 2 in Aug).

Hopefully in a year my son will go to university and I'll be free!

What a good idea Mary - do a Helen T, go to gigs travel the world and visiting Musers except sometimes work get in the way.:LOL:

seregon
22-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Which I had the money to do so otherwise I so would :( Next European tour I hope to visit at least 3 countries lol

lostkiwibird
22-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Ahem *cough* Have credit card, will travel for Muse :D

So I am going to the States to mostly see Muse. However I wouldn't have gone if I hadn't got somewhere to stay in LA and planned some sightseeing as well. Not being able to drive means I had to pick a gig I could get to using taxis and my own feet. Although I would have loved to have gone to Red Rocks as well as Phoenix the venue is miles out of Denver and it would have been impossible.

I'm definitely not rich. In fact, everyone is completely pissed off with me for sodding off on a jaunt to the States, they all think I should be settling down and buying a house and boring stuff like that. The trip + spending money means I will be paying it back right up to Xmas. But its worth every penny to me, its something to look forward to in my mundane existence.:rolleyes: If they go to Australia in the summer and not NZ I will fly out for that as well.

MelAssassin
22-07-2007, 06:56 AM
don't know if i qualify but i have seen them in Belgium and Cali and Va and about to do the whole US tour except for Arizona and Texas....don't have much money left for those two :LOL: oh welllll im lucky enough to go everywhere else, havn't been to much gigs yet tho cause of money issues but im trying im trying this year i just went all out with my saving for muse :( now im broke but its well worth it i think :D hope to join the club and meet some of you guys real soon :p

Blackwings
22-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I think I qualify. Earls Court, Wembley Arena,Wembley Stadium all with the family. But Paris I did on my own, to prove that i could. It was a major step for me in more ways then you could imagine. And it's now given me the confidence to start planning my trip to the U.S. I will be seeing Muse at Seattle, Portland and Red Rocks. How I will be travelling and getting to each venue, well I don't know, but that's part of the challenge. Sometimes in life you just have to go with what you feel is right for you. I'm looking forward to what could be the holiday of a lifetime, meeting up again with friends from the board, seeing things I've never seen before(I can't comprehend what I will feel like looking across a different ocean half a world away).
Yes, I will certainly travel for Muse, because it's more than just that.
Debbie.

Georgy Drachenkoeter
22-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Who has money to travel for Muse? It's worse than that, I travel for Muse without money! :D

Yeah... 'Has no money and even less sense-club', I'd say. :LOL:

Ahem *cough* Have credit card, will travel for Muse :D

I got a credit card just because of Wembley. :rolleyes:

So yes, going to the Netherlands and to UK just for Muse, qualifies me for the cub, too, me thinks. :D

timrich
22-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Does going over the English Channel qualify??? My whole family (four of us) travelled to Barcelona last year, and Paris this year to see Muse. we combined it with a little holiday too!
Travelling gets a bit hard sometimes, as there are four of us to pay for!!! Not just the tickets, but 4 plane flights, and always 2 hotel rooms!!
If was able to just go on my own, that's a different matter!!! On the one hand it's great the whole family love Muse, but it does get restrictive!!!
I am also quite lucky living near London, so getting to Wembley or Earls Court is never a problem.

citizen_pb
22-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I went to Hong Kong from London in March, does that count? Do I get a shiny badge or something if i'm in the club? I also went to Paris last december, then again in June followed by a tour of Belgium ending up at Werchter. It's not really that commited, I just arranged my holidays this year around Muse gigs. I'd go to the US as well, but I've burned all my annual leave up, I spose i could just resign...

leetroot
22-07-2007, 04:25 PM
i will travel for muse

but i don't have a passport and can never afford it so i don't :(

can i be an honorary member? :happy:

Claireness
22-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Does coming back the the UK from Australia because you have a ticket to Wembley count? :LOL: And then travelling to Belgium, Swizerland & Italy to see them.... I will defintely travel for Muse.

emilya
22-07-2007, 05:36 PM
To be able to get time off, I have traded many a shift at work and done extra shifts to sweeten the deals; just this last 11 days I worked 4 24-hr shifts, in addition to 4 regular days at work. Maybe we should call it "Will work overtime for Muse"??

How about "Will Work in a Job So Dull It Makes You Want to Scoop Your Own Brain Out with A Spoon For Entertainment So You Can Afford the £800 Plane Ticket For Muse" Club?

Does coming back the the UK from Australia because you have a ticket to Wembley count? :LOL: And then travelling to Belgium, Swizerland & Italy to see them.... I will defintely travel for Muse.

:noey: I don't think that counts Claire - maybe once we roadtrip to every city in Australia for Muse in november they will let us in!

Claireness
22-07-2007, 06:54 PM
:noey: I don't think that counts Claire - maybe once we roadtrip to every city in Australia for Muse in november they will let us in!

Nah, I don't think that's good enough either. Only if we throw in flying to NZ for the show they might do there, will that count.

gocanux
22-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Does going over the English Channel qualify??? My whole family (four of us) travelled to Barcelona last year, and Paris this year to see Muse. we combined it with a little holiday too!
Of course---you went to another country, twice! And like so many of us, you wrapped your vacation around the Muse gigs!

I went to Hong Kong from London in March, does that count? Do I get a shiny badge or something if i'm in the club? I also went to Paris last december, then again in June followed by a tour of Belgium ending up at Werchter. It's not really that commited, I just arranged my holidays this year around Muse gigs. I'd go to the US as well, but I've burned all my annual leave up, I spose i could just resign...
Sounds like Travel for Muse to me! It still counts if you turn it into your vacation; makes the travel costs easier to rationalize. Your friends seem to disagree, but I think even those who came from Scotland to Wembley should be in, that's quite a distance.
Maybe you could just call in sick? Very very sick, for a week or so??

Another member!

How about "Will Work in a Job So Dull It Makes You Want to Scoop Your Own Brain Out with A Spoon For Entertainment So You Can Afford the £800 Plane Ticket For Muse" Club?

Good heavens, what is your job? Sounds abysmal!
If you go to ALL the gigs, we will have to put you on the HelenT Honor Roll!

emilya
22-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Good heavens, what is your job? Sounds abysmal!
If you go to ALL the gigs, we will have to put you on the HelenT Honor Roll!

I did nothing but file for five months for muse....ah, the things i do for them....but when the come to aus we are definitely going to every gig they do - although that will probably only be 3 or 4

OnlyHappyWhenItRains
22-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Not meaning to sound rude or anything but do you people not have jobs? How can you afford to be flying around the world all the time?:$

emilya
22-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Not meaning to sound rude or anything but do you people not have jobs? How can you afford to be flying around the world all the time?:$

see post above yours! I will admit I've been lucky with the timing of Muse deciding to tour about the place when I don't have kids or university or a career - but I still saved up all my pennies and didn't do anything exciting and lived with my parents for nearly half a year so i could afford do travel to england.

Helen T
22-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Yes, I do have a job, otherwise there's no way I could afford it! I have used all of my leave until April next year. Actually I think I have 3 days which I am keeping for emergancies only. I dont go away on 'proper' holidays so all my leave was booked to do something gig related, mostly to see Muse.

Its going to be a long winter...!!

Claireness
22-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Yes, I do have a job, otherwise there's no way I could afford it! I have used all of my leave until April next year. Actually I think I have 3 days which I am keeping for emergancies only. I dont go away on 'proper' holidays so all my leave was booked to do something gig related, mostly to see Muse.

Its going to be a long winter...!!

Same! I've used all my holidays this year going to see Muse or going to festivals. If definitely worth it though!

centisuk
22-07-2007, 10:31 PM
i think i qualify. Travelled around uk, ireland, spain, germany, and i'm currently it usa waiting for next weeks concert.

Been lucky with the tours as i always seem to be on leave or have holiday booked in the same place. It would be rude not to see them he i'm already in the city/country :D

Althea
22-07-2007, 11:46 PM

:LOL: Between that, and all the confusion about what qualifies one into the club, maybe the acronym WTFM should stand for "What The F**k, Man?!", instead of "Will Travel For Muse"! :LOL:

But, yeah, I have a job. I work for myself, so I can take off whenever I want, and can afford to do so. I have no dependents or partner, or anyone or anything holding me back, so I'm taking advantage of this unique time in my life to do what makes me happy which, at the moment, is going to a lot of Muse gigs! :happy:

I used to travel around a lot to see the Grateful Dead, so this is not entirely unusual for me, though I never flew anywhere to see the Dead. It was more like going on insanely long road trips around the U.S. :rolleyes: :D

Celtic Rose
22-07-2007, 11:55 PM
I can't travel for Muse, I don't have a passport. My family never went abroad, we could never afford it. Maybe in the new uni term, I will finally be able to afford one! Then I can join y'all on your crazy adventures! :D

Hyper
23-07-2007, 05:40 AM
so honored to be a member of this club - I've seen the band perform in more than 9 countries!!!

AllSoArty
23-07-2007, 06:57 AM
I would like to add myself to the list. :happy:

I thank Muse for giving me the great excuse to travel to the UK last month. I have a feeling the travel itch has just begun. :D

danger
23-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Grew up in Holland, traveled to Germany, France, England, Belgium, Italy (I have family there and used it towards my advantage) and currently live in the states. I'm going to see them in September. :happy:

Georgy Drachenkoeter
23-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I thank Muse for giving me the great excuse to travel to the UK last month. I have a feeling the travel itch has just begun. :D

Yeah, it's a perfect excuse to go and see other countrys, or vice versa. :happy:
And yes, I'm pretty sure I won't have traveled for teh last time to see them. :happy:

Krnflakgrl
23-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I've travelled to Tennessee from Missouri to see them...good 350 miles..and I'm driving close to 900 miles to see them in Denver in Sept...should count for something. :)

Jen

Britrock
23-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Certainly when this topic came up, all in jest, no one was trying to be elitist. "Travel" doesn't necessarily mean halfway around the world; it can mean Edinburgh to London,
Well, in that case, my trip from Chelmsford-Nottingham to see Muse the day after I'd seen them at Wembley Arena and my trip from Sheffield-London to see them 4 days after I saw them in Sheffield counts too (skipped lectures for that one, and sixth form lessons for the first one). Slept on floors/sofas both times.

gocanux
23-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I can't travel for Muse, I don't have a passport. My family never went abroad, we could never afford it. Maybe in the new uni term, I will finally be able to afford one! Then I can join y'all on your crazy adventures! :D
Then you can come to a MuseCamp!

Of course you're on the list, Cris! It's my Someheimers (a mild form of Allsheimers), sorry!

Grew up in Holland, traveled to Germany, France, England, Belgium, Italy (I have family there and used it towards my advantage) and currently live in the states. I'm going to see them in September. :happy:

You're in! Which show/s in September? Will we see you in Seattle and Portland??

I've travelled to Tennessee from Missouri to see them...good 350 miles..and I'm driving close to 900 miles to see them in Denver in Sept...should count for something. :)
Jen

Jen, that should count;Edinburgh to London is 400 miles, so 35o is close enough! Red Rocks should be awesome, and the last show on a tour is always a kick-ass performance; sadly I'm on call with no hope of a trade...

Tracybs
24-07-2007, 12:56 AM
So far this year, I've been to Luxembourg, both Wembleys, Paris and Switzerland... and am seriously thinking about Red Rocks and maybe a few others in the USA (would be silly to go all that way for just one show)... can I be added to the list? :)

ocean5
24-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Thanks for adding me on that list Mary...:D

charming queen
24-07-2007, 04:36 AM
Not meaning to sound rude or anything but do you people not have jobs? How can you afford to be flying around the world all the time?

I work too.

There are advantages being an Oldie - I've had a good education, well paid jobs and the good sense to save for the future.

Now I'm teaching part-time, I have a lot of freedom regarding time.

I don't spend much on clothes, drinking, or going out, so to me going to Muse gigs are money well spent.

School/college students can easily get part-time jobs and save up for Muse gigs if they want to.

gocanux
24-07-2007, 04:58 AM
You said it, Huei: the Live Frugally So You Can Travel For Muse club! (as I type this, I'm wearing my luvly Jones New York pants I bought for $12 at Ross!) Let's hear it for clipping grocery coupons... Money is like calories, don't waste them on things that aren't worth it! And to us, Muse is worth it!

(but $150 for a ticket to the Vegoose Festival in October sounds a bit too steep....:eek:)

charming queen
24-07-2007, 05:16 AM
You said it, Huei: the Live Frugally So You Can Travel For Muse club! (as I type this, I'm wearing my luvly Jones New York pants I bought for $12 at Ross!) Let's hear it for clipping grocery coupons... Money is like calories, don't waste them on things that aren't worth it! And to us, Muse is worth it!

(but $150 for a ticket to the Vegoose Festival in October sounds a bit too steep....:eek:)

As someone who used to be in investment I think I know how to spend my money wisely, and I totally agree with what you said.:)

However I'm an Oldie but not senile yet, unless I'm guaranteed to be right at the first row:LOL:, $150 is steep for me too.

(better go to those East European dates, if any materialise)

gocanux
24-07-2007, 05:34 AM
However I'm an Oldie but not senile yet, unless I'm guaranteed to be right at the first row:LOL:, $150 is steep for me too.

(better go to those East European dates, if any materialise)

To get guaranteed front row at Vegoose you can buy a VIP ticket for a mere $477.50!

Georgy Drachenkoeter
24-07-2007, 04:46 PM
As someone who used to be in investment I think I know how to spend my money wisely, and I totally agree with what you said.

Oh teach me Great Charming Queen for I don't know how to spent it wisely.

Oh wait, I spent ALL my money on Muse. :erm:
Well almost all. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Maccah
24-07-2007, 05:04 PM

Oh wait, I spent ALL my money on Muse. :erm:
Well almost all. :rolleyes: :LOL:
Spending wisely? Whats that? :erm:

gocanux
24-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Spending all your money on Muse?

Georgy Drachenkoeter
24-07-2007, 05:33 PM

Puzzles me, too. :erm:

Wow, I'm almost near to Infinite Wisdom.
*gets-herself-some-mystrious-white-robe*

sools
25-07-2007, 11:01 AM
We might scrape into the club, though some of the adventures described here eclipse ours.

Our awesome holiday to San Francisco in April was purely based around one Muse gig. It was great to meet a few of you jetsetting Musers there, too :) Also travelled to Scotland last year on the basis of a Muse gig.

So in common with most others here (and in response to the "where do you get the money?!" posts), our last 2 vacations were based around Muse. Also, we did have money saved for work on our fixer-upper of a house - until I blew it on the SF trip :LOL:

peace
sools

Sebso
26-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I went to Wembley gigs, all the way from Mexico to London. Definitly worth it!.

Purplesum
26-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, first i travelled to Glasgow, Scotland, from South-East England. Then i also have been all the way to Holland to see the guys perform.
Does that mean i can enlist...? :D

Poison ver.2.0
27-07-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm from Mexico and i went to PdP gig, i even quit my job for been there AND I DON'T REGRET OF DOING IT. :p

illuminatus
27-07-2007, 03:05 AM

You mean you told the embassy to grant you a visa because you're going to see Muse?

charming queen
27-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Oh wait, I spent ALL my money on Muse.
Well almost all.

:rolleyes:Hope you don't mean it sarcastically.:rolleyes:

I'm spending my money and I couldn't care less how you spend your money.

There's nothing I can teach you. You are wise in your way.

BTW I consider myself spending MY money wisely (in my own world) because I don't go out drinking copious amount of alcohol then wasting it throw it all up (NOT you or anyone here, but some people I know) I save money buying things during sale so I can go to Muse gigs that's wise to little me (who has very limited ability to think great things).

Anyone spending money on Muse gigs are money well spent.:LOL:

charming queen
27-07-2007, 11:07 AM
To get guaranteed front row at Vegoose you can buy a VIP ticket for a mere $477.50!

Guaranteed Front Row!!!

It's cheap at half the price!:happy:

(Go away planing where I can save - eat less, loose weight, save money, walk to work, exercise, loose weight again, save more money - win win win, making more and more sense to my simple brain:LOL:, next task - find money for hotel and airfare)

gocanux
27-07-2007, 05:27 PM
You mean you told the embassy to grant you a visa because you're going to see Muse?

You don't have to have a visa to travel from US to UK, just a passport.

Guaranteed Front Row!!!

It's cheap at half the price!:happy:

(Go away planing where I can save - eat less, loose weight, save money, walk to work, exercise, loose weight again, save more money - win win win, making more and more sense to my simple brain:LOL:, next task - find money for hotel and airfare)

I like the way you think, Huei! And if you go, I'll go---first class VIP all the way.

But my boys will have to save and buy their own. (*not going to happen*)

Evilduck
27-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I've travelled to France twice to see Muse. Eurocks last year and PDP this year. I'm also hoping for a europe gig in Autumn (come oon Helsinki!)

illuminatus
28-07-2007, 01:40 AM
You don't have to have a visa to travel from US to UK, just a passport.

Really?! aaaahhhh you just gave me hope. All I have to do is to save money. No sbarro and starbucks for me now.

J33-3
28-07-2007, 07:45 PM
lol funny thread. I've travelled to the UK and to various bits of France to see them. I'd do more if I wasn't a poor student lol..

Georgy Drachenkoeter
29-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm from Mexico and i went to PdP gig, i even quit my job for been there AND I DON'T REGRET OF DOING IT. :p

Wow, that's ....dedicated.
But I'm not sure if I would't do teh same thing. :erm:

:rolleyes:Hope you don't mean it sarcastically.:rolleyes:

Wouldn't call it sarcastically.
Just showing some kind of appreciation to anyone who can handle his/her money. :rolleyes:

Claireness
13-08-2007, 02:40 PM

We're in then! It's on!

Judderman
13-08-2007, 02:44 PM
wan'ts to go see them in scandanavia buts i can't affords it.
:mad:

emilya
13-08-2007, 03:00 PM

^should gets a better paying job

Judderman
13-08-2007, 03:08 PM
^should gets a better paying job

yes. i really should. :( infacti should drop out of uni live at home, work all the time and just travel for muse all the time! hah. :p

emilya
13-08-2007, 03:28 PM
yes. i really should. :( infacti should drop out of uni live at home, work all the time and just travel for muse all the time! hah. :p

well, that worked for me....

Judderman
13-08-2007, 03:40 PM
well, that worked for me....

hmm i like it :p but i really doubt i could do that! :(

curious_orange
13-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I've travelled to Luxembourg, Poland .......and Wales

am I in? :LOL:

scratchedout
13-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I dunno if it counts, but i flew to philly to see them...and next time they're within a six hour distance of pittsburgh, i'll be attending at least 2 shows :)

Arvin
14-08-2007, 12:51 AM
I will travel from Umeå to Stockholm, same country, but stockholm and umeå is not near, wanted to go to paris, but had no ticket...
I will travel to london next time they are there!

BurnsLikeTheSun
14-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Current personal record distance travelled for Muse - 763 miles.

If the coming Autumn/Fall plan goes well - Trans-Atlantic.

Maccah
14-08-2007, 04:42 AM
Oh yeah. :LOL:

gocanux
14-08-2007, 04:50 AM
Tracy/HalfLife is the newest member; just booked her flights for Seattle/Portland from UK!!

Georgy Drachenkoeter
14-08-2007, 09:15 AM

Damn the money....
That's what I'll be doing I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a plan. :D

gocanux
14-08-2007, 08:45 PM
That would be pretty funny, a bunch of Musers dropping out of society to follow the band around, kinda like the DeadHeads (followers of the Grateful Dead) used to do! Working odd jobs here and there, traveling in a big old converted schoolbus painted with Muse-related graffitti....:D

Liron
14-08-2007, 10:26 PM
I'll be adding up the miles this October... along with some new Israeli club members ;)

Helen T
14-08-2007, 10:43 PM
That would be pretty funny, a bunch of Musers dropping out of society to follow the band around, kinda like the DeadHeads (followers of the Grateful Dead) used to do! Working odd jobs here and there, traveling in a big old converted schoolbus painted with Muse-related graffitti....:D

Oh dear....please dont give me ideas!! :)

gocanux
14-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Oh dear....please dont give me ideas!! :)

All we need is the bus!

ievarawr
14-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Went all the way to Latvia (1000 or 2000 miles idk) for teh Muse boys. I wonder if that counts.:D

MelAssassin
15-08-2007, 12:52 AM

*grabs paint buckets* now i need to find a bus....search is on!!

OH WAIT theres a bus down the street someone left on the side of the road :D

Althea
15-08-2007, 12:56 AM

Been there, done that! :D

All we need is the bus!

Oh, I could get us a bus, for sure, for sure.........now don't give me any ideas!! ;)

gocanux
15-08-2007, 02:38 AM
Went all the way to Latvia (1000 or 2000 miles idk) for teh Muse boys. I wonder if that counts.:D

Absolutely!

Mary,

Please credit my club account on the miles I've traveled from FL to Chicago (Lolla) then to NYC (MSG) then finally back to FL. ;) Okay, ACL and Muse - I'm going over there next month!

Wouldn't it be great if we could earn more MuseTrips with our Frequent Muser Miles???

A bus?? Maybe what we need is someone with....a plane!!!

Firebaptist
15-08-2007, 02:42 AM
That's what I'm planning on doing when if I end up with a lot of money :LOL:

Raw Power
15-08-2007, 02:44 AM
I have to travel to see Muse, even though its just a 6 hour car ride. :P

hysteria87
15-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Absolutely!

Wouldn't it be great if we could earn more MuseTrips with our Frequent Muser Miles???

A bus?? Maybe what we need is someone with....a plane!!!
Macca/Court is going to be a pilot....

I will find us a plane

Firebaptist
15-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Macca/Court is going to be a pilot....

I will find us a plane
That's that sorted then :D :happy:

Althea
15-08-2007, 03:54 AM
MuseJet !!! :D We had a very long discussion in the Beer Garden about getting one of those! ;)

danger
15-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Helloooooo? I actually have a Pilot's License. :rolleyes:

emilya
15-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Helloooooo? I actually have a Pilot's License. :rolleyes:

so can you fly us around oz? cgreen and i are going to every date in aus but geeez, those plane fares are going to be expensive. damn australia being all spread out!!

Olly.
15-08-2007, 10:33 PM
oo wanna give me a cheap fare?

After8
16-08-2007, 01:07 AM
There should be a thing like MuseMiles, then travellers who don't travel very far but do travel for Muse a lot could become members of WTFMC too.

seregon
16-08-2007, 01:10 AM
I think I will soon be a righteous member of this club! :D I am only a poor wee student at the moment but I am scraping the barrel and my hopes to attend the Finland gig have raised from about 20% to about 85% :eek: And I only have to wait two months! So thats England, France and Finland ticked off my list :LOL:

danger
16-08-2007, 01:38 AM
so can you fly us around oz? cgreen and i are going to every date in aus but geeez, those plane fares are going to be expensive. damn australia being all spread out!!

My brother works with the construction and sales of small aircraft. I can ask him for a favor and borrow a small private plane or a helicopter. I get nervous with the plane by myself, but I can land a heli on a coin. :LOL:

the_problematique
20-08-2007, 06:12 PM
I haven't travelled *that* far for Muse as some of you, but I have always travelled to see them:
I flew to Berlin to see them for the first time, took a bus to Riga for the 2nd concert, for the Locarno one I took a train from Montreux where I was staying with my family and friends (to which I had driven from Milan to which I had flew by plane.. lol) and now the fourth time I'll take the boat and/or plane to Helsinki and then for the fifth time the plane again to Stockholm :) And as there are extra Copenhagen tix released tomorrow, I'm thinking of going to that one too!

Liron
20-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Right, to add to my last msg here... looks like there'll be atleast 20 Israeli Musers to add to this club :p Mass trip to see Muse in Greece, WOO!

Kuutar
20-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Hmm...
I've been in
London/Wembley stadium
Riga

going
Stockholm
Copenhagen

Nothing so impressive.

AllSoArty
21-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Muse are the first and only band I traveled to see outside of California and even out of the country. I'm impressed with the power they have on us fans.

Las Vegas
San Jose
San Francisco
LA (It doesn't count since it's only 2 hour drive from where I live)
Houston, TX
London/Wembley (the furthest distance traveled)
Irvine, CA in next month (Again, it's not that far)

I almost saw them in Osaka, Japan. :(

Nattywba
21-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Right, to add to my last msg here... looks like there'll be atleast 20 Israeli Musers to add to this club :p Mass trip to see Muse in Greece, WOO!

don't forget Hungary :happy: :D

Kapranosinium
21-08-2007, 06:01 AM
Everytime I see the title of this thread I think it says, "Will Time Travel for Muse Club!"

Liron
21-08-2007, 09:24 AM
don't forget Hungary :happy: :D

Well, only 5 of us are doing Serbia and Hungary too... the MAD 5 :LOL:

charming queen
21-08-2007, 11:59 AM

20! That's like an army!:eek::LOL:

Imagine you lot at the front, (wearing the same thing to identify you) Muse certainly will notice you.:D

Just counted in less than a year I'll be seeing Muse 11 times in 7 countries.:)
(I've hardly traveled inside Britain!)

Liron
21-08-2007, 12:41 PM
20! That's like an army!:eek::LOL:

Imagine you lot at the front, (wearing the same thing to identify you) Muse certainly will notice you.:D

Just counted in less than a year I'll be seeing Muse 11 times in 7 countries.:)
(I've hardly traveled inside Britain!)

:LOL: well, doubt we'll be wearing same thing but quite a few of us are bringing flags :D

Claireness
30-08-2007, 10:14 AM
My brother works with the construction and sales of small aircraft. I can ask him for a favor and borrow a small private plane or a helicopter. I get nervous with the plane by myself, but I can land a heli on a coin. :LOL:

That'd be excellent :LOL: Save us on all sorts of costs and we can party on the way to each city!

emilya
30-08-2007, 12:14 PM
That'd be excellent :LOL: Save us on all sorts of costs and we can party on the way to each city!

we'll all be like fergie. awesome.

Calliopeia
31-08-2007, 03:11 PM
HEELLLL:D:D:D please add me to the list !!!

;)i've been travelling for the last year...

gocanux
31-08-2007, 07:04 PM
HEELLLL:D:D:D please add me to the list !!!

;)i've been travelling for the last year...

Which shows have you been to?

Black Cherry
02-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Got my ticket for Copenhagen!!! Guess that earns me membership of WTFM Club. I reckon I should have got in for my journey down to Wembley which in two legs took over 10 hours (Durham-Northampton-London). Going to take me a heck of a lot quicker to get to Copenhagen funnily enough:LOL:

MuseJet !!! :D We had a very long discussion in the Beer Garden about getting one of those! ;)

And we're still waiting for one of us to win the lottery so we can take a trip doing to the old Lear jet showroom and select a pretty lil' craft to be our Musejet:LOL:

Everytime I see the title of this thread I think it says, "Will Time Travel for Muse Club!"

Would have no objections to that...imagine; David Teninch ushers you into the TARDIS and takes you back to whichever Muse gig you wanted to go to...
Yeah, you'd probably have to save the world and kill a few Slitheens and Cybermen en route, but hey, it's a sacrifice I would be prepared to make:p

I've misread the abbreviation of this myself a couple of times, seeing it as WTF Muse and thought it said 'What the fcuk, Muse?':LOL::$

scratchedout
02-09-2007, 01:02 AM
ahhhh , i finally looked at vegoose packages today. god damn. now i want to go so badly... i have the money...but no one to go with...it's stupid. the cost isn't even ridiculous... :(

kazzie
02-09-2007, 10:52 AM
A Few of us from Banter are off to see them in Stockholm :D

Helen T
02-09-2007, 11:13 AM
A Few of us from Banter are off to see them in Stockholm :D

Yay! See you there! :)

Georgy Drachenkoeter
02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Would have no objections to that...imagine; David Teninch ushers you into the TARDIS and takes you back to whichever Muse gig you wanted to go to...
Yeah, you'd probably have to save the world and kill a few Slitheens and Cybermen en route, but hey, it's a sacrifice I would be prepared to make:p

Actually that's my plan:
Capture TARDIS and Doctor, and off to some Muse gigs I missed. :D
Maybe collecting some fellow Musers in beforehand.

Ollie of Symmetry
02-09-2007, 01:28 PM
How much is this costing some of you UK Musers then???

tickets/travel/accomadation all in...

wouldnt mind adding a couple of new concerts to my Muse gig list...:)

tis so very tempting...altho tryna save up for my Bon Jovi tour of duty next year which will more than likely see me over in New Jersey :$ so really have gotta watch what i spend this year :p

Helen T
02-09-2007, 03:50 PM

tis so very tempting...altho tryna save up for my Bon Jovi tour of duty next year which will more than likely see me over in New Jersey :$ so really have gotta watch what i spend this year :p

I dont even want think about the cost....!!!

charming queen
02-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Can't put a price on happiness.:)

Anyway what's credit cards for if not for Muse gigs.:LOL:

Black Cherry
02-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Actually that's my plan:
Capture TARDIS and Doctor, and off to some Muse gigs I missed. :D
Maybe collecting some fellow Musers in beforehand.

Me! Me! Over here!!! I'm a dab hand with a sonic screwdriver!!:LOL:

It's a bit complicated to work out, but here goes the costs for Copenhagen which is the only one I'm doing.

3 nights b&b for 2 people= 220
return flight to stansted= 40
stansted- copenhagen & back = 80
ticket = 30

all this is a bit approximate because it's converted back into pounds form euros or danish krone. There's a link on the Copenhagen thread where most people seem to be staying that's reasonably priced; you'd get a room cheaper than I did, I was just willing to pay a bit more to get an ensuite.

Hope that helps xx

wendymuse
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM

Ahh, but have you actually got one? (says one proud owner of a sonic screwdiver :yesey:)

(One of the benefits of having a 7 year old son.....:LOL:)

I'm willing to share though, if I'm allowed to join in....:erm:

There's plenty of room, right?

Black Cherry
02-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Ahh, but have you actually got one? (says one proud owner of a sonic screwdiver :yesey:)

(One of the benefits of having a 7 year old son.....:LOL:)

I'm willing to share though, if I'm allowed to join in....:erm:

Sad case admission alert!!....I got two for my birthday....:$....and my hubby got one for his too, taking the sonic screwdriver total in our house up to a mighty three....oh the shame of it!!!

There's plenty of room, right?

Hey, that's the way it goes with TARDIS's :LOL:

wendymuse
02-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Sad case admission alert!!....I got two for my birthday....:$....and my hubby got one for his too, taking the sonic screwdriver total in our house up to a mighty three....oh the shame of it!!!

Hey, that's the way it goes with TARDIS's :LOL:

Oh yeah...:$:rolleyes:

Hey hey... 4 sonic scwewdwivers between us - there's no stopping us..:LOL:

Black Cherry
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Oh yeah...:$:rolleyes:

Hey hey... 4 sonic scwewdwivers between us - there's no stopping us..:LOL:

That's nearly enough to earn us a part-ex on our very own TARDIS.

How's about a MUSEDIS.... takes you back to those early gigs in Exeter and forward to 2014 when the next album hits the shops:p:LOL:

Georgy Drachenkoeter
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM

Grand, becaus ewe need something to manipulate cash machines.

:eek:
You gots one?
*wants*

That's nearly enough to earn us a part-ex on our very own TARDIS.

How's about a MUSEDIS.... takes you back to those early gigs in Exeter and forward to 2014 when the next album hits the shops:p:LOL:

:LOL:
Yeah. And without alien monsters to cope with before and between. :rolleyes:

Claireness
03-09-2007, 04:24 PM
we'll all be like fergie. awesome.

Well, that didn't happen, but the planes are booked, the tickets are in hand and we are ready to go. Now we just have to wait until November...

Black Cherry
03-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah. And without alien monsters to cope with before and between. :rolleyes:

Sounds like my kind of Dr Who adventure, me, Dave and his TARDIS with destination Muse set as the co-ordinates:happy:

Could quite happily settle for that.

Georgy Drachenkoeter
04-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Sounds like my kind of Dr Who adventure, me, Dave and his TARDIS with destination Muse set as the co-ordinates:happy:

Could quite happily settle for that.

Don't forget me.

Calliopeia
04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Which shows have you been to?

i went to Bercy and then to Parc des princes- (i live in lebanon)- so of course had to take time off work, get all of my $$$ and have a week-end in Paris every time. Since i was going anyway to blow all of my cash :p i booked one of the nicest hotels, with a view on the Eiffel Tower straight out of my window!!!
the only thing that went wrong is that i never got a chance to meet them :mad: even though we waited after the shows, i guess i should have hung out with you guys!
Ahhh, to see Muse in Paris...a small price to pay for heaven ;)

Black Cherry
04-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Don't forget me.

Ah no, the Doctor needs more than one assistant on his travels, course you'd be there!:yesey:

kazzie
04-09-2007, 10:42 PM

Flights.....£42
Gig Tickets....£25
Hotel...£40
Seeing your favorite band and spending a weekend in Stockholm with fiends... Priceless..

For everything thin else.. theres Mastercard.

kiernana
04-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Flights.....£42
Gig Tickets....£25
Hotel...£40
Seeing your favorite band and spending a weekend in Stockholm with fiends... Priceless..

For everything thin else.. theres Mastercard.

who are these "fiends" you speak of?

kazzie
05-09-2007, 06:10 PM
who are these "fiends" you speak of?

shush you! :p

Georgy Drachenkoeter
06-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Ah no, the Doctor needs more than one assistant on his travels, course you'd be there!:yesey:

Grandness. :D
*packs-some-stuff*
I'm ready.
You can come and fetch me.

Claireness
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Just thought I would revive the old travel for Muse Club, there is probably a few more of us to add due to the 100+ people going to Marlay Park!

seregon
03-05-2008, 05:19 PM
England x6
France x1
Finland x1
Ireland x1
Portugal (maybe) x1

List needs to improve :happy:

Bindy
03-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm not very active on the boards... but here are my Muse travel experiences.

I live in MN. Drove to Chicago to see Muse at Lollapalooza ~5 hours.
Then I bought two front row tickets off Ebay for 400 bucks to see Muse again in Boston. Lots of money down the drain and about a 24 hour car drive.

Not a huge travel like some people- but being in the US, traveling to a different state is like traveling to a different country in Europe! :D

Olly.
03-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Ireland will be my first gig away from UK... and china will be next if that ever happens.

MissNiki
03-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Flying from Los Angeles, US to the Dublin gig. (Stopping off in Stratford to see The Doktah perform in Hamlet!!) That count???

Yus
03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
The most I've travelled to see Muse is 50 miles. :LOL: And V is 3 miles away! *is lazy* :p

Emz.
03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Ireland will be my first gig away from UK... and china will be next if that ever happens.

Saaame.

China :happy:

bekbee
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Hmm, well I've travelled to London twice to see them, once to Copenhagen and last July travelled to Oxegen and spent the weekend up to my arse in mud to see them! :LOL:

gocanux
04-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Flying from Los Angeles, US to the Dublin gig. (Stopping off in Stratford to see The Doktah perform in Hamlet!!) That count???

Absolutely! Intercontinental Travel for Muse!

(*adds MissNiki to Dublin list*)

Hmm, well I've travelled to London twice to see them, once to Copenhagen and last July travelled to Oxegen and spent the weekend up to my arse in mud to see them! :LOL:

Ah, but it was worth it, wasn't it???

My sons and I have traveled for Muse of course, but Colin's friend is coming to Ireland and is a Muse Virgin! We've pretty thoroughly Musevangelized him though:LOL:

Claireness
04-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Ireland will be my 6th country seeing muse :eek:

England
Australia
Belgium
Switzerland
Italy
Ireland

Matthijs
04-05-2008, 02:07 AM
Possibly me added, going to Ireland for mahoosive meetup

ocean5
Sylvie
Arman
Firebaptist
maccah
hyper
forwen
althea
satan
kiernana
aur0bells
canuxfan44

judderman
theangelthatislo
Britrock
bucjo
Zoja
Charming queen
After8
lostkiwibird
MelAssassin
GeorgyDrachenkoeter
Blackwings
Timrich
citizen_pb
cgreen
AllSoArty
Dutch
Krnflakgrl
sools
Sebso
Purplesum
Poison ver.2.0
Evilduck
J33-3
HK-47

gocanux
04-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Where are you from, HK?

Ireland will be my 6th country seeing muse :eek:

England
Australia
Belgium
Switzerland
Italy
Ireland

Only my 4th country (US, France, England and now Ireland)

But i have seen Muse in 8 states:
Washington-3
Oregon-2
California-5
Nevada
Texas
Pennsylvania-2
Maryland
New York-2
Guess that's it! (States should count, especially as I live about 3000 miles from some of those gigs!)

Claireness
04-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Where are you from, HK?

Only my 4th country (US, France, England and now Ireland)

But i have seen Muse in 8 states:
Washington-3
Oregon-2
California-5
Nevada
Texas
Pennsylvania-2
Maryland
New York-2
Guess that's it! (States should count, especially as I live about 3000 miles from some of those gigs!)

hmm, I agree, states should count, then I've seen Muse in Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales & Queensland - which is about the same as you, some of those about 3000 miles from my home.

gocanux
04-05-2008, 03:22 AM
hmm, I agree, states should count, then I've seen Muse in Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales & Queensland - which is about the same as you, some of those about 3000 miles from my home.

Exactly, Australia has huge states, like the western part of the US. Some of the eastern US states are as small as our counties here.

I'm going to Australia in October---would be ever so cool if Muse decided to be convenient for me and Helen/forwen like they have been for you!

lostkiwibird
04-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Woah, Ireland will be the furtherest i've ever travelled, you couldn't really get more miles from home really, except maybe Iceland :stunned:
So thats:
UK, Staffordshire
United States, Arizona and Cali
Ireland, Dublin
North Island of NZ, Auckland

Won't count Wembley Arena cos I was living in London at the time. Ha, makes me feel a bit wasteful but a gig in the South Island possibly once every 3 years is not enough :rolleyes:

MissNiki
04-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Absolutely! Intercontinental Travel for Muse!

(*adds MissNiki to Dublin list*)

HAHA Thanks...I'm actually using this opportunity to de-virginize myself to the entire UK experience, as I have never been outside the United States. So I may just forget to hop the plane back home and stay awhile. :LOL:

Matthijs
04-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Where are you from, HK?

The Netherlands

I'm planning to go see them more often in foreign countries (read: England, Ireland :rolleyes:) because It's good for my English :P

WutDaFucksy
04-05-2008, 11:36 AM
i will join this club in a few years

Claireness
04-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Exactly, Australia has huge states, like the western part of the US. Some of the eastern US states are as small as our counties here.

I'm going to Australia in October---would be ever so cool if Muse decided to be convenient for me and Helen/forwen like they have been for you!

Apparently our biggest state, Western Australia, is 5 times the size of Texas.... there is a fun fact I didn't know until just then.

Ohh where are you going to in Australia? I hope Muse are good to you guys... that may force me to come back from England!

blissfullymuse
04-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Whoot i can join in now

Iz going to Ireland:D

Oh yeah and China Boojaaa

gocanux
06-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Apparently our biggest state, Western Australia, is 5 times the size of Texas.... there is a fun fact I didn't know until just then.

Ohh where are you going to in Australia? I hope Muse are good to you guys... that may force me to come back from England!

Still trying to figure out our itinerary----Sydney and Melbourne and the east coast for sure. Maybe Darwin or Uluru? Suggestions?

Whoot i can join in now

Iz going to Ireland:D

Oh yeah and China Boojaaa

Muse Hostel Takeover!

but a dream
13-05-2008, 01:27 AM
I will be flying from Singapore to Dublin for Marlay Park! :musesign:

*OoS*
13-05-2008, 04:46 PM
I'll join - I live in Holland and have travelled back home to Sheffield to see them and to Copenhagen (WHERE I MET MATT!!!! :D Best night of my life ever!). I'll also be coming back over to England to see them at the V Festival :happy:

starlight_lucy
13-05-2008, 08:13 PM
ive managed to see muse play in Glasgow and Wembley so i would go to certain lengths to see them everywhere else : or i would at least manage to :)

leetroot
15-08-2008, 01:30 PM
can i now apply to be a member of this "club"?
i flew for muse!
:D
( i know Dublin isn't exactly far from England but believe me, it was far enough!)

Pluginbabydoll
15-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Me too! I flew to Melbourne for the Big Day Out and Festival Hall show in Jan 07. It was AWESOME.

seregon
15-08-2008, 02:22 PM
England
Ireland
France
Finland

Want to add Belgium, Switzerland, Germany onto my list

Allrightnow
15-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Hehe I went to Stockholm once :happy:

Next tour I'll try to go to (except for Sweden ofc) Finland, Denmark and Luxembourg as well. France maybe. :eek: Any country close to Luxembourg since my aunt lives there (and cheap flights from Sweden).

If I had the money I would travel anywhere I guess. :LOL:

Josefine
15-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I'll join! I traveled from Sweden to Marlay this week, had the best time with all the musers :happy:

But....I have to say I would have preferred to add V Festival this weekend to my Muse travels :mad:

Allrightnow
16-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I'll join! I traveled from Sweden to Marlay this week, had the best time with all the musers :happy:

But....I have to say I would have preferred to add V Festival this weekend to my Muse travels :mad:

Ahh, wish I could go to V too, it will be immense.. but no, I don't have the money etc..

gocanux
18-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Glad to see this thread still alive! We just got back from Ireland last night, that makes 4 countries where I have seen Muse: USA, UK, France and Ireland. And I have traveled all across the US to see them in 8 states!

Welcome, new and newly added MuseTravelers! Some day when I have loads of free time I'll update the list in the first post....

Josefine
18-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Glad to see this thread still alive! We just got back from Ireland last night, that makes 4 countries where I have seen Muse: USA, UK, France and Ireland. And I have traveled all across the US to see them in 8 states!

Welcome, new and newly added MuseTravelers! Some day when I have loads of free time I'll update the list in the first post....

It's a shame we didn't meet at Marlay, that would have been nice :) Next tour I think going to the US to see Muse sounds really tempting :happy:

ALICIA21
15-12-2008, 03:33 AM

ocean5
Sylvie
Arman
Firebaptist
maccah
hyper
forwen
althea
satan
kiernana
aur0bells
canuxfan44

judderman
theangelthatislo
Britrock
bucjo
Zoja
Charming queen
After8
lostkiwibird
MelAssassin
GeorgyDrachenkoeter
Blackwings
Timrich
citizen_pb
cgreen
AllSoArty
Dutch
Krnflakgrl
sools
Sebso
Purplesum
Poison ver.2.0
Evilduck
J33-3

Don't be offended if I forgot to mention you (cut me some slack; I'm old!)----just copy the list and add away!!

great tips. I enjoyed reading this

Liz0_o
15-12-2008, 04:02 AM
wait so what festival are they playing and when is it???!?!?!?

ill fly out if its possible!:D

aMUSEme
15-12-2008, 04:12 PM
I WOULD travel to se muse, but I havn't had the opportunity yet (and I doubt my mum would let me;))

thecitizeneraser
15-12-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd definitely travel for Muse, and I have! I'm from Florida, and I went up to Boston to see them in August of 2007. That's about 1500 miles.

gocanux
19-12-2008, 05:44 PM
When your trip to Australia with a fellow Muser becomes a MuseTrip even without a gig: looking for Muse associations everywhere!

Sydney:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1090611.jpg

Alice Springs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1090636.jpg

Uluru:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1100605.jpg
(Howard the World-Traveling Bear, named many years ago but oddly appropriate, with Helen's new friend Wolstie the Wombat!)

Darwin:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1090838.jpg

Bathurst Island, NT:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1100125.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1100126.jpg

(It's all in the captions below the photos...)

Port Douglas:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1100254_2.jpg
(Why did I take a picture of this young man?)

Brisbane:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1100768.jpg
At a street market

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1110024.jpg

This is what I acquired on our last day, spent whale watching:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1110048.jpg
A beauty of a Sunburn!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1100062.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/P1100215.jpg

Darwin, Australia's version of HAARP! (as photographed from a 6-seater Cessna on the way back from the Tiwi Islands; didn't even have to use the little bag!:LOL:)

Rodwen
23-12-2008, 02:18 PM
that guy with the broom ( or whatever) sure looks like good ol' Dommy :LOL:

*OoS*
15-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Add me :D I went to Copenhagen, got to the front and met Matt!!! :D *Best night of my life*

Muser UK Tour, yes? :D

Problemfanatique
15-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I will travel anywhere as long as my parents are willing to take me..I'm too young to go alone. Hopefully I can persuade them to take me places like france, ireland, italy, spain, and other various places in europe. of course not all of them..

Olly.
15-02-2009, 11:45 PM
by the time they tour the uk one of us will have won the lottery and therefore have enough money to get us a tour bus for it all.

QueenOfNerds
16-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I would love to travel to see muse, but I would have to run away from home to do it (yes I know I am 32!).
But my boyfriend would probably not want to do it.

gocanux
16-02-2009, 01:04 AM
by the time they tour the uk one of us will have won the lottery and therefore have enough money to get us a tour bus for it all.

Great idea! We'll just follow the tour from town to town.

I would love to travel to see muse, but I would have to run away from home to do it (yes I know I am 32!).
But my boyfriend would probably not want to do it.

So, it's his choice, but if he's not interested then he doesn't go. But you're a bone fide grownup, you can travel with the rest of us!

QueenOfNerds
16-02-2009, 01:12 AM
So, it's his choice, but if he's not interested then he doesn't go. But you're a bone fide grownup, you can travel with the rest of us!

It would be cool to see some fellow Musers aswell!

Wazlib
16-02-2009, 01:19 AM
By the time they come back to North America I'll be a few years older probably... my parents won't be able to stop me from traveling to see them. Although... finacial issues might. Hopefully I won't have have to dip into my "concert fund" for school tuition and various other things.

gillies.
16-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Can I be a part of the club? I went to the V fest in chelms and marlay park last year,.... all the way from Aus...
Don't know when my next international gig will be though. Australia really is a long way away!!

Singing For Absolution
16-02-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm in, I'm gonna be following them around Aus next time they're here.

scifigeekgirl
16-02-2009, 09:01 PM

Yeah tourbus adventure sounds great! Can I have a seat on the lefthandside by the window? :D

seregon
16-02-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm already on four different countries: UK, France, Ireland, Finland. And would love to add Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and what ever comes my way lol

Mr LMS
16-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Yep i'll travel for Muse count me in :)

Citizen Erased
17-02-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm in the UK but I talked to my mum and she's willing to take me to America to see them as well as England, cos they play smallerish venues :D

jediknightanya
17-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Can I be a part of the club? I went to the V fest in chelms and marlay park last year,.... all the way from Aus...
Don't know when my next international gig will be though. Australia really is a long way away!!

Can beat that by a couple of thousand more miles. V Fest Staffs and Marlay Park from Dunedin, New Zealand. That's pretty much right at the bottom of the inhabited world. If you started swimming from the beach by my parents' house, the next land mass you'd come to is Antarctica. 'Twas about a 40,000km round trip, I think. Worth it? Yes. Would I travel for Muse again? Most definitely (but I'm moving to Ireland soon, so perhaps I won't need to go quite as far next time).

Wazlib
17-02-2009, 04:43 AM
I'm in the UK but I talked to my mum and she's willing to take me to America to see them as well as England, cos they play smallerish venues :D

Lucky! :eek:

gocanux
17-02-2009, 05:12 AM
It would be cool to see some fellow Musers aswell!

The meetups are ace! Before Wembley we had an "oldies" luncheon (some of the so-called oldies were barely in their 20's:LOL:) for about 40 people from all over the world!!

By the time they come back to North America I'll be a few years older probably... my parents won't be able to stop me from traveling to see them. Although... finacial issues might. Hopefully I won't have have to dip into my "concert fund" for school tuition and various other things.

Where in Canada are you? They always play in Toronto, but have ignored Vancouver, BC and the whole middle of the country on past tours. The VanCity Musers all came down to Seattle. Travel can get expensive, start saving now!

Ireland and UK all the way from Oz? You're definitely a MuseTraveler!

Yeah tourbus adventure sounds great! Can I have a seat on the lefthandside by the window? :D

Dibs on the front seat behind the driver---I have horrid motion sickness!

I'm already on four different countries: UK, France, Ireland, Finland. And would love to add Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and what ever comes my way lol

It's so much easier for Europeans to travel to other countries for Muse, but of course that counts---similar to traveling to different states of the US for Muse gigs.

Wow, I like your mum already! Does she like Muse too? Then she can be an official MuseMom! We will be having meetups at all the US gigs I'm sure, I usually go to NYC as well as Seattle, sometimes LA.... This time I will be looking for those smaller venues for sure.

Can beat that by a couple of thousand more miles. V Fest Staffs and Marlay Park from Dunedin, New Zealand. That's pretty much right at the bottom of the inhabited world. If you started swimming from the beach by my parents' house, the next land mass you'd come to is Antarctica. 'Twas about a 40,000km round trip, I think. Worth it? Yes. Would I travel for Muse again? Most definitely (but I'm moving to Ireland soon, so perhaps I won't need to go quite as far next time).

I'm impressed! (Would be more impressed if you had actually swum (swam?) all the way of course.:LOL::LOL:)

Wazlib
17-02-2009, 05:21 AM
The meetups are ace! Before Wembley we had an "oldies" luncheon (some of the so-called oldies were barely in their 20's:LOL:) for about 40 people from all over the world!!

Where in Canada are you? They always play in Toronto, but have ignored Vancouver, BC and the whole middle of the country on past tours. The VanCity Musers all came down to Seattle. Travel can get expensive, start saving now!

Wow, 40 people? That must have been something.

I'm about 30 minutes outside of Vancouver. Doesn't surprise me that they've only really gone to eastern Canada... the west seems to be overlooked by many things. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely prepared to venture to Seattle though. Hopefully they do more than one gig there. And others close by (/prays).

Citizen Erased
17-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Wow, I like your mum already! Does she like Muse too? Then she can be an official MuseMom! We will be having meetups at all the US gigs I'm sure, I usually go to NYC as well as Seattle, sometimes LA.... This time I will be looking for those smaller venues for sure.

Yeah, she likes Muse too, she has to, I'm the one in control of all the CDs :D But, yeah, she's a fan XD

gocanux
17-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Wow, 40 people? That must have been something.
I'm about 30 minutes outside of Vancouver. Doesn't surprise me that they've only really gone to eastern Canada... the west seems to be overlooked by many things. :rolleyes:
I'm definitely prepared to venture to Seattle though. Hopefully they do more than one gig there. And others close by (/prays).

Yeah, we had people from UK of course, Norway, Holland, Italy, Israel---and then Wembley!
Still can't believe they haven't scheduled gigs in Vancouver...What venue would be best? GM Place is so huge, maybe something a bit more intimate? QE? (if seats are removable)
Last 2 times they played both Portland and Seattle, so lots of us went to both!

Yeah, she likes Muse too, she has to, I'm the one in control of all the CDs :D But, yeah, she's a fan XD

Another MuseMom! Good work converting her btw---she can join us in the "oldies" thread over in Banter. See you both at some US shows I hope!

Wazlib
18-02-2009, 04:52 AM
Yeah, we had people from UK of course, Norway, Holland, Italy, Israel---and then Wembley!
Still can't believe they haven't scheduled gigs in Vancouver...What venue would be best? GM Place is so huge, maybe something a bit more intimate? QE? (if seats are removable)
Last 2 times they played both Portland and Seattle, so lots of us went to both!

Another MuseMom! Good work converting her btw---she can join us in the "oldies" thread over in Banter. See you both at some US shows I hope!

I was thinking something smaller than GM Place as well. I thought of QE at first, but I've never been inside so I'm not sure what the seating/setup is like. The only other place I can think of is UBC Thunderbird Stadium... it's outdoors so they could perform during the summer! It would feel like a festival or something. I think The Killers are performing there in a few months.

There's also the Commodore Ballroom, but I haven't been there either. :$ Then there's the Orphuem Theatre... that kind of has a Royal Albert Hall-ish look on the inside (I've gone on a mad google search for Van concert venues, I'll stop here for now).

Wazlib
25-03-2009, 05:46 AM
I'm thinking it's about time one of us Musers resurrect this thread, seeing as they'll be hitting the road again in a few months time. :)

Liz0_o
25-03-2009, 06:04 AM
:eek:
I wanna be in the club!!!

by the time they come out here i should have my own place and could provide a place to stay for you out of towners:happy:cause im so nice

but i want to go to europe to see them and different places in america

klock
25-03-2009, 06:06 AM
but i want to go to europe to see them and different places in america

Well, if for some weird reason you want to see them in Dallas, my house is close by as crash potential. :p

Liz0_o
25-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Well, if for some weird reason you want to see them in Dallas, my house is close by as crash potential. :p

:happy:
i used to live in dallas do they usualy play small venues out there?
i would assume since its all country and rap people:LOL:

klock
25-03-2009, 06:15 AM
:happy:
i used to live in dallas do they usualy play small venues out there?
i would assume since its all country and rap people:LOL:

Actually, Muse do quite well around here. They may not be filling arenas, but they were at Edgefest in 2007.
You'd be surprised how many weird indie kids there are now. :LOL:

Liz0_o
25-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Actually, Muse do quite well around here. They may not be filling arenas, but they were at Edgefest in 2007.
You'd be surprised how many weird indie kids there are now. :LOL:

well it has been awhile since ive seen the kids out there most of the time im with family

they still have the edge?

do they have still have the eagle 97.1?

klock
25-03-2009, 06:30 AM
well it has been awhile since ive seen the kids out there most of the time im with family

they still have the edge?

do they have still have the eagle 97.1?

I think rock music has started to fair much better here these days, but the people still love the generic rock music.

Yep, The Edge is still around, but it's getting more generic as well, It does play Muse though.

The Eagle went off the air but has now resurfaced, playing a lot of 80s hair metal.

Remember Granada Theatre? That's becoming a fantastic small venue for rock/alternative music.

Liz0_o
25-03-2009, 06:50 AM
I think rock music has started to fair much better here these days, but the people still love the generic rock music.

Yep, The Edge is still around, but it's getting more generic as well, It does play Muse though.

The Eagle went off the air but has now resurfaced, playing a lot of 80s hair metal.

Remember Granada Theatre? That's becoming a fantastic small venue for rock/alternative music.

its interesting to see how my child hood home has changed so much!

i remember when rock was starting to come in the middle schools and kids started to wear black and listen to good charlotte..............i was a one of a kind kid i guess living in cali before made me cool:LOL:

klock
25-03-2009, 07:45 PM
its interesting to see how my child hood home has changed so much!

i remember when rock was starting to come in the middle schools and kids started to wear black and listen to good charlotte..............i was a one of a kind kid i guess living in cali before made me cool:LOL:

There is some great local rock music, but you have to search a little deeper to find it. Btw, I think you mentioned The Toadies on another thread. Well, they're actually touring again.

Not much fuss about Good Charlotte. The kids have elevated to higher standards...like Fall Out Boy and The Academy Is... :D

Liz0_o
25-03-2009, 09:54 PM
There is some great local rock music, but you have to search a little deeper to find it. Btw, I think you mentioned The Toadies on another thread. Well, they're actually touring again.

Not much fuss about Good Charlotte. The kids have elevated to higher standards...like Fall Out Boy and The Academy Is... :D

hurray for the todies!:happy:

higher standards, lol

klock
25-03-2009, 10:08 PM
hurray for the todies!:happy:

higher standards, lol

They're even going to Cali. ;)

Oh yes, we've progressed so much. :rolleyes:

amoremorte616
30-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Oh yes, we've progressed so much. :rolleyes:

dont forget the musical genius of All time low and metro station ;)

liberty
21-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Bump!

I'll be traveling for my first Muse gig in December from Hawaii to Vegas ("the ninth island" :LOL:), and am planning to embark on a few North American dates in the spring. :)

rainingradioheads
21-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Flew halfway across the country to see them open for U2. :happy:

Siouxz
21-10-2009, 03:23 AM
I'm in and looking to expand on my Muse-inspired travels when they do their US headlining tour next year. So far I've only gone from Philadelphia to Maryland and to NYC - and next to Vegas for the Holiday Havoc show... but I'm hoping to coordinate visits to see friends in Seattle and San Fran when they play those cities on the US tour. Can never get enough live Muse and they just don't come to Philadelphia often enough, so what else can I do, right? As long as The Enabler (my husband) goes along with this obsession, I say: Need Muse, will travel! ;)

leetroot
21-10-2009, 05:38 PM
i'm going to stockholm and limoges. :dance:

i can't quite believe that i'm getting on a plane again. it's the muse effect :eek:

Elight
21-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I've only had to drive 2 hours (not bad at all). But, I am seriously considering exploring other parts of the country when they come in the Spring. If I had the funds, I would have been off to Vegas in December... but I's poor at the moment :(

Astronoma
21-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Flying to the Uk and France and can't wait.:happy:

Elenor.
21-10-2009, 06:03 PM
flying to the UK. :happy:

nettynunu
21-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Flying to france:D

klock
21-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Well I was going to Copenhagen and Berlin, but dad made me cancel the trip. I tdrove 5 hours to Houston to see them with U2, but I guess that's not so amazing. :$

futurophy
21-10-2009, 09:32 PM
when i get a car, and money, i'm joining the ranks of you guys.

JoanaBliss
21-10-2009, 09:39 PM
flying to Spain

with some luck going to Germany too

Wicked And Divine
22-10-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm traveling from Seattle to Vegas in December! :D

I don't know if I really qualify for exclusive WTFM club rights since this is my first time traveling to see them, and traveling is generally a very limited opportunity for me due to lack of funds. But, if the club will have me, I'm here for the party! :musesign:

L.
22-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Going to France 3 times to see them this year and then hoping to go to Canada or the US for the next leg of the tour in 2010 :D

jaelu
04-11-2009, 07:06 AM
started my "membership" in the WTFM club. oh yes and by default, my (+1) will usually come along (dragged, is more like) :LOL:

to Raleigh, North Carolina ... nice little stadium, that :)

soon to Vegas!

NZniff
04-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Flying to Australia....not that far :LOL: Still, technically travelling for Muse.

solorbell
04-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I haven't gone out of the country yet, but I have driven from L.A. to San Diego, Utah, and will be seeing them in Vegas :happy:

mariagr
04-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I am flying to Germany to see them in a couple of weeks, as my country was not included in the tour this time.

dontask
04-11-2009, 12:06 PM
i flew to dublin from lancashire in england.

Exoval
04-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Flew from France to Teignmouth last Sept, will be again to London & await US dates to hop there!

jaelu
04-11-2009, 08:04 PM
maybe I just haven't looked hard enough ... but has there been or will there be MUSE CRUISE vacation(s) in our future? I would love it! meeting fans, relaxing on the sea ... but I would very much need ginger and/or dramamine :LOL:

Liz0_o
04-11-2009, 09:30 PM
i think i quality to be a member now :awesome:

traveled in CA
gone to TX
now ive gone international seeing them in France
and soon Vegas

do i get some type of card or member package now?

jaelu
18-11-2009, 10:07 AM
just added the Wembley Sept 2010 show ... now off to bed! *zzz

Heli
18-11-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm joining the club too! Wembley FTW!

Starlight Chaser
18-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I've travelled for most of the Muse gigs I've been to so, hell yes, I'll travel to world's end for Muse! :happy:

SlaveToTheGrave
18-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I've travelled from Cornwall to London to Dublin to Chelmsford to Devon (nice easy one;)) to Sweden to London and then back home.

This is over the course of three years. Pheww, off to London again next year!

Elenor.
18-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Wembleyyy

stifenhowk
18-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Hello Gocanux.
I read your post I think Helen T deserves it more. All in all, she travelled much more although it's unfair because they perform in her country, loads lol bring them here I probably will stop travelling.

la_his
26-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey, i've seen them in Monterrey México, twice in New York and in Dallas, and i'm waiting 4 next year to a gig in México City (and some other cities in Mexico and probably others in Texas, can't afford any more traveling to coachella so that's out of my list) and Wembley do I qualify for the club?

Liron
26-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Wooha, this was a long time ago... I've done London, Greece, Serbia, Hungary and Italy since then :)

And yet, they still never came to my country. Something's very wrong here.

Nadezhda
26-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I've travelled from Moscow, Russia to Barcelona, and I do hope that I will travel a lot to see Muse again and again.

FutureLegend
27-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Can I join?

I went to Riga in 2006 as I had to work the day of the Wembley gig, went to Dublin in 2007, did an 8.5 hour drive for the Seaside Rendevouz at Teignmouth and today I'm setting off for Sunday's gig in Lisbon. Oh - and I've also seen them in Newcastle (just over an hour away!):LOL:

mumiouze89
27-11-2009, 02:38 PM
I've travelled numerous times to France to see Muse, but that's not too much of a journey. Apart from France and Switzerland, I went 3 times to the UK, once in Ireland, and once in Hungary (i was 17 at the time.. me and my friend went there without telling our parents haha, we each told them we were sleeping at the other's house, while actually we went to the airport to take the plane! jeez, what Muse make me do :rolleyes:)
Plus Italy next week :D

Suvi
27-11-2009, 02:39 PM
wembleyh! :awesome:

hyper_chondriac_muser
30-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Next year will be the first time I travel for teh Mooze! :awesome: ... although I'd like to count the four hour train journey and staying in a wee hotel in Teignmouth as travelling, too :p. I haven't done it before 'cos a) couldn't afford it b) no one else would go with me c) the parentals would have a fit... yes, sad as that is at my age, they still factor into it :rolleyes:.

BUT, I've basically decided to say SOD IT to all of the above and just go see them abroad, like I've always wanted to! I def still can't afford it; I've just about managed to convince peeps to go with me (although it's still 'maybe' for Paris); and my 'rents needn't know about it for the time being :LOL:... well thought out y/y?! :facepalm: OH WELLS, it's Muse, I barely spare a thought to my actions when it comes to those lads :$. Anyhoo, 2010 is gonna WOCK fo srs! Muse in Milan, Paris, Londres and Manchester FTW! :D

seraphrevan
23-03-2010, 04:19 AM
WTFM?

What The Fuck, Man?

agenthal
23-03-2010, 05:29 AM
I'm not as cool. I've only done DC to Baltimore to NYC in one week. Buuut, if they play Austin City Limits this year, I will fly down for that. :D

hysteria87
23-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Does moving back to Chicago from LA count? I moved back a month early because of Muse... :awesome:

If not, Chicago to London = 3963 miles, and I will do it again in September, so 7,926 miles. Plus Chicago to NY twice = 1438, giving me a grand total of 9,364 miles total by years end.

wombat_714
23-03-2010, 05:50 AM
I'm driving 6 hours to another province in ONLY 6 DAYS!!!!! :D

does this count to be in the club?:stunned:

omeliok2010
23-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Does moving back to Chicago from LA count? I moved back a month early because of Muse... :awesome:

If not, Chicago to London = 3963 miles, and I will do it again in September, so 7,926 miles. Plus Chicago to NY twice = 1438, giving me a grand total of 9,364 miles total by years end.

We've all been to weddings (as guests or toggers) or had weddings that've had a funky wedding cake.

So, just for fun I thought I'd start a thread.

Florenceblue
23-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm travelling from Belgium to Salt Lake City just to see Muse, does that count? I did also travel by myself by car and channel tunnel from Belgium to the Saturday Teignmouth gig.

nikite
23-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Well I live in Switzerland and I've seen Muse in Switzerland (duh! :p) 4 times, in France 6 times, in England 2 times, and in Ireland, Italy, and Hungary 1 time. This summer I'll go to Portugal, Switzerland again, Italy again, France again, England again, plus Norway and Poland :D :musesign: I'm so broke. :LOL: