PDA

View Full Version : Muse Racehorse

Pages : [1] 2

rickjames
03-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I have been a huge fan of Muse ever since hearing Sunburn played on Soccer AM about 8 years ago and have since seen them countless times. Probably like a lot of people on here, their music has inspired me and been a big soundtrack through life over the past decade.

My other passion is horse racing and I’ve always dreamt of owning a racehorse. This year I decided to fulfil my dream as a few things have happened to make me realise life really is too short. When it came to naming him, there was only one real choice for the theme.

Ive called him

Supermassive Muse.

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?horse_id=680124

Anyway to cut a long story short, I got a two year old which will be running this year. Already entered for a good race in October but hopefully should have a few runs before hand.

I’ve had a lot of stick off my mate’s for naming it after my favourite band but at the end of the day it’s just a bit of fun, I just hope it wins a few times!!

Nick

insane_muser
03-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Cool about the horse! The name must need...time to grow on you :LOL:

!Lynam!
03-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Wow! Good for you!

That's cool!

rickjames
03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Cheers,

One thing i know its gonna be a right mouthful for the commentator!!

Lo
03-05-2007, 11:05 AM
oh wow i used to work with race horses hos it in training with?

i think jimmy kane or knightofcydonia would have been a cool name

mikeadyla
03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
well, i bet a lot of muse fans will think it's some sort of "sign" from above and bet on your horse

!Lynam!
03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes. Imagine saying that really, really fast in the middle of the race! :LOL:

seregon
03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I would definately put my money on a horse named that :LOL:

Maccah
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
That is terriffic!!
Keep us updated :LOL:

issaidiot
03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
That is terriffic!!
Keep us updated :LOL:

+1 :happy:

Stecloud
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Hehe, nice :)

rickjames
03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I was thinking of calling it City of Delusion, Knights of Cydonia or after another one of my fav Muse songs but I wanted Muse to be in the title somewhere hence the name. I will post on here when it is due to race for the first time, I can't wait!!

ps The angelthatislo, The horse is with Eddie Mcmahon in Tamworth W. Midlands
Yeah i remember reading on here you were involved in horseracing. Was it Carl Lllewllen or Twiston Davies you rode for.

Lo
03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I was thinking of calling it City of Delusion, Knights of Cydonia or after another one of my fav Muse songs but I wanted Muse to be in the title somewhere hence the name. I will post on here when it is due to race for the first time, I can't wait!!

ps The angelthatislo, The horse is with Eddie Mcmahon in Tamworth W. Midlands
Yeah i remember reading on here you were involved in horseracing. Was it Carl Lllewllen or Twiston Davies you rode for.

twiston davies. although i had the lovely pleasure of leading carlos into the winners enclusore a few times. :happy:

good luck any ideas where its likely to run 1st?

rickjames
04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Its still in training but I would expect within the next couple of months. It just better not clash with Wembley(cos got tickets) or Oxygen cos possibly planning to go

!Lynam!
04-05-2007, 08:49 AM
You're going to oxegen?!?!?!?!?!

WOO!

:LOL:

Hocus Pocus
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
woah thats so cool, must have cost loads - i think thats the largest fan extravagance in yet!

madzip
04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Can we have some piccies???

:D

rickjames
08-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Will take some pictures this weekend, as hoping it will be having its first run at Warwick in the 6 o clock, i am so so so excited. will keep u posted

HelzBelz
08-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Oooooooh nice! Looking forward to hearing that name at work! :happy:

rickjames
08-05-2007, 10:11 AM
6:00 SPONSOR AT WARWICK MAIDEN AUCTION STAKES (CLASS 5) (2yo) Winner £ 5f110y GD-FM
RUK
36 run

No. Form Horse Trainer RTF % Wgt Jockey
1 Arikinui K R Burke 2 - -
2 5 Balata 19 B R Millman 2 James Millman(5) 61 63
3 8 Ballinskelligs Boy 7 R Hannon 2 39 29
4 442 Ben 14 P G Murphy 2 73 67
5 0 Crying Aloud 23 P A Blockley 2 41 31
6 Culzean Bay A Bailey 2 - -
7 Days Of Thunder G F Bridgwater 2 - -
8 Diademas J A Osborne 2 - -
9 Dubai Dynamo J S Moore 2 - -
10 9 Fly Kiss 24 C E Brittain 2 41 41
11 Gillans Inn J M Bradley 2 - -
12 Got Green R Hannon 2 - -
13 Gower Belle W R Muir 2 - -
14 Grylls R Hannon 2 - -
15 2 Hobson 9 Eve Johnson Houghton 2 69 70
16 96 Kairaba 19 J Pearce 2 60 62
17 Khana Ras E J OīNeill 2 Richard Mullen - -
18 0 La Chicaluna 14 J G Given 2 T P Queally 44 46
19 2 Lady Benjamin 9 P C Haslam 2 68 69
20 Landikhaya R Hannon 2 - -
21 6 Leading Edge 25 M R Channon 2 54 28
22 7 Little Pete 30 R A Farrant 2 50 40
23 9 Madam Superior 5 D J S Ffrench Davis 2 - -
24 4338 Mystickhill 14 T J Pitt 2 55 52
25 0 Never Sold Out 26 Pat Eddery 2 41 29
26 Primed And Poised J W Hills 2 - -
27 Prince Afram R M Beckett 2 - -
28 7 Secret Asset 24 W M Brisbourne 2 66 66
29 97 Seventh Cloud 12 A P Jarvis 2 58 26
30 622 Shepherds Warning 16 R M Stronge 2 56 52
31 Spitfire J R Jenkins 2 - -
32 Supermassive Muse E S McMahon 2 - -
33 Tuanku M R Channon 2 - -
34 2 Valhillen 5 M J Wallace 2 - -
35 Victory Shout J R Best 2 - -
36 9 Virtual Paddy 11 M Blanshard 2

_Ed_
08-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Captain Rio has been really talked up over here as a sire, and also as a sire of early two year-olds so hopefully you might see a bit of early speed from the colt. :)

Good luck!

Bewilders
08-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Good luck dude!

Gemsy
08-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Haha, that's excellent! Good luck Supermassive Muse. :D

ghengis
08-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Are you expecting him to run well?

Or should i Lay him on Betfair?! ;) :LOL:

Bewilders
08-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Are you expecting him to run well?

Or should i Lay him on Betfair?! ;) :LOL:
I bet the horse can fly !

rickjames
08-05-2007, 02:29 PM
haha u can't lay him, you've got to cheer him on!!

All i know is his dad (Captain Rio) was a good sprinter and i'll just be happy if he finishes in the top 6, it will be a difficult race for a first timer running against horses who have been placed before. But hopefully it will win a race somewhere.

Btw its its Saturday 6PM Warwick, i will know for sure on Thursday that its definitely going

_Ed_
09-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Any idea of who's going to ride him?

Feed the Hex
09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
he's not up against any of 'mine' then (Elite Racing) ....:LOL:
that field will cut up probably less than a third of them will run...is it on ATR ?
We can all watch!

HelzBelz
09-05-2007, 10:00 AM
haha u can't lay him, you've got to cheer him on!!

All i know is his dad (Captain Rio) was a good sprinter and i'll just be happy if he finishes in the top 6, it will be a difficult race for a first timer running against horses who have been placed before. But hopefully it will win a race somewhere.

Btw its its Saturday 6PM Warwick, i will know for sure on Thursday that its definitely going

This Saturday? I'll keep my eye out for people betting on him! Although i don't think i'll forget his name!:D

monkeyinair
09-05-2007, 10:23 AM
:LOL: Aw, horse. Good luck, Supermassive Muse... and its owner.

madzip
09-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Have you any piccies yet?

Is it worth an each way punt? what are his odds currently?

rickjames
09-05-2007, 01:03 PM
No pictures yet as i intend to take loads on Saturday. Its odds wont be known until the final line up is done, which will be friday. Oh and not sure of the jockey yet too, will have more of an idea on friday....

Lo
09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
do you know how its been working at home?

oh and dont forget to be extra nice to the lad/lass who leads it up. i'm sure you will. it goes along way when a owner acknowledges you. we're often forgotton, and we're the ones who have been up at the crack of dawn, bathed it, made them look beautiful and travelled numpty hrs to get to the race course, then to have to declare saddle up pull out lead around the parade ring for 1/2hr(not fun with certain youngsters) then after the race, wash them down, walk them down and travel the journey home before putting them to bed (this is all providing nothing has gone wrong in the race). the latest i got back one evening was 1.20am after my horse had been to an evening meeting in liverpool.

i looked after one of Trevor Hemmings horses for 2 seasons and considering how many he has he still said hello to me even when i wasnt leading up one of his. another of my owners used to give me £10 everytime, and when my best horse was killed his owner sent me a huge boquet of flowers with a card thanking me for looking after him.

rickjames
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I know it had sore shins for a bit(but a lot of 2 year olds do cos they're growing and under a lot of pressure with hard training). If im honest ive not been one of these people ringing up all the time cos i dont want to seem to be pushing for a run when its not ready but the brief conversations ive had it has been working well and its got a great big backside which is good for sprinters.

I will be especially nice to the stable people too, i appreciate what your saying. Its my first ever experience owning a horse so its gonna be a huge learning curve. I know a lot about horseracing betting wise as used to work in Ladbrokes, but horses themselves maybe not so much. That was a really nice what that owner did btw :-)

Georgy Drachenkoeter
09-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes. Imagine saying that really, really fast in the middle of the race! :LOL:

I'm not into horse races, but that would be a good enough reason for me to visit one. :LOL:

rickjames
10-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Its definitely running.
No. 11 drawn 7
Jockey Graham Gibbons.

13 horses run.

I'll take my camera and post some photos next week

_Ed_
11-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Not a bad draw. And it doesn't look like there's a lot of exposed form in the race.

Good luck!

rickjames
14-05-2007, 08:49 AM
It came 7th but only beaten 4 1/4 lengths by the winner so not bad for a debut.

http://www.gg.com/racing/view.php?id=53916

It was really funny to hear the name mentioned by the commentator and apparantly when they were reading the horses out on the TV, they said " Number 11, the amusingly titled Supermassive Muse". Don't know what they meant by that!!!

Im sure it will win a race in time. I'll post some pictures of the horse when i upload them.

_Ed_
14-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Sounds like a good effort, should improve a lot with the run.

Benwithjamin!
14-05-2007, 10:36 AM
You do know that if we all put money on it and it won, the odds would be really low.

rickjames
15-05-2007, 08:49 AM
http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1899&stc=1&d=1179215285

http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1991&d=1181059512

Im not very good at techy stuff, but just tried to attach a photo of Supermassive Muse
and a picture of me with the jockey

Lo
15-05-2007, 10:34 AM
[IMG]http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1898&stc=1&d=1179215285

http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1899&stc=1&d=1179215285

Im not very good at techy stuff, but just tried to attach a photo of Supermassive Muse
and a picture of me and brother with the jockey

wow he looks a fiesty one, beautiful though. looks like he has character :p

well done for the weekend, i missed it as i had to work but sounds like it was a good solid debut. How did he behave in the paddock, he looks like he was a bit reved up but thats normal for babys, (and 8yr old chasers:rolleyes: )

did he go in and leave the starting stalls alright? i was watching the racing last night and one had to be with drawn as he didn't want to go in. i also remember when we had a couple of flat horses on the yard practicising in those starting stalls and theres not much room.

rickjames
15-05-2007, 11:49 AM
he is extremely feisty. I have never seen a horse on edge so much before a race, he was like foaming at the mouth chewing on his bit. It left the stalls fine but it wasnt really his ground as it was a bit soft but i reckon he will come on a lot for the run. Hoping to race somewhere nearer me next time. Possibly Haydock or somewhere like that. PS I took your advice and gave the stable lad £20 :-)

Calliope
15-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Love the name :cool:
The commentator probably thinks he's named after one of the Greek muses ... a really fat one :D

I go to the races alot and always back anything remotely to do with Muse (or Pearl Jam!) I get winners .. sometimes. Picking them out of the paddock gets the best results though :yesey: .. Maybe I'll get to see your horse run "in the flesh" one day :D

Very best of luck with him .. you're living my dream!!!!

ps .. if you ever want him painted, I'm your gal ;) That's what I do :D

Lo
15-05-2007, 11:58 AM
he is extremely feisty. I have never seen a horse on edge so much before a race, he was like foaming at the mouth chewing on his bit. It left the stalls fine but it wasnt really his ground as it was a bit soft but i reckon he will come on a lot for the run. Hoping to race somewhere nearer me next time. Possibly Haydock or somewhere like that. PS I took your advice and gave the stable lad £20 :-)

oh Haydocks lovely, a nice track and nice location, however with this rain we've had you might find it still too soft if that was the case at the weekend, might have to weight for the better weather.

yes i could imagine he would have been like that from the picture. He should definatly come on for that. he's probably pulling the arms out of some poor lad as we speak. he'll know what its about next time and hopefully it should have knocked some of the greeness out of him.

aww good on you for dropping the stable lad it oes mean a lot to know owners appreciate the hard work, and from the looks of your horse in the padock i think the stable lad earned that :LOL:

there were so many times horses would throw their weight around, barge over you leap about etc and you just had to smile and try and do as much as you could with out drawing attention as the crowd would always be watching, as were the tv cameras.

rickjames
15-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Calliope haha I do want to get a big framed photo of him, but maybe if he gets into winners enclosure, that would be time to do that!!

It is entered into the big sprint race at redcar(in October) which is near you, i take it. But it will have to prove its worth to take its place in that race. Fingers crossed

the angel - Did you ever go to Chester Races, or was it just national Hunt?

seregon
15-05-2007, 12:03 PM
I go to the races alot and always back anything remotely to do with Muse (or Pearl Jam!) I get winners .. sometimes. Picking them out of the paddock gets the best results though :yesey: .. Maybe I'll get to see your horse run "in the flesh" one day :D

You mean there are other Muse horses? :eek:

Lo
15-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Calliope haha I do want to get a big framed photo of him, but maybe if he gets into winners enclosure, that would be time to do that!!

It is entered into the big sprint race at redcar(in October) which is near you, i take it. But it will have to prove its worth to take its place in that race. Fingers crossed

the angel - Did you ever go to Chester Races, or was it just national Hunt?

i've only lead up national hunt horses, we had a few flat runners everynow and then, but i've been to chester to watch as my dad is a huge racing fan so before i could walk i was riding and watching racing, and as a child my dad would take me racing all over the place. It was my dad i have to thank you all my horsey achievements as when I was 2 i was watching the national and pointed to the tv and said i want to do that. 20 years later i still am. (although only past time now as i'm studying as well)

i shall be going to the derby though in a couple of weeks and kemptons only down the road. from where i am currently living :)

rickjames
15-05-2007, 12:18 PM
never been the Derby, but been the National. Im the same my Dad took me racing when i was bout 7 and i used to Wag school to go to Chester and Bangor on Dee races. After Chester my favourite racecourse is Cheltenham, its an atmosphere to beat many a sporting event

Lo
15-05-2007, 12:26 PM
never been the Derby, but been the National. Im the same my Dad took me racing when i was bout 7 and i used to Wag school to go to Chester and Bangor on Dee races. After Chester my favourite racecourse is Cheltenham, its an atmosphere to beat many a sporting event

my dads from liverpool but then also grew up in chester/wrexham so much of his child hood was spent at bangor and cheester also. i've been luckey enough to lead up at cheltenham a few times and the atmosphere is electric and very nervracking, i was also very luckey to lead a winner into the old winners enclosure at aintree and my 1st winner was at bangor on dee:happy:

rickjames
21-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Just to let you know its due to run for the second time this Friday at Haydock in the 2.10 race. Im really hoping the ground doesnt go to soft because I really think its got an each way chance this time although there is a couple of nice horses in the race.
Come on the Massive!!

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/search_results.sd?searchtext=SUPERMASS&searchtype=Horse&start_no=1

i'll burn your horizons
21-05-2007, 08:55 AM
It came 7th but only beaten 4 1/4 lengths by the winner so not bad for a debut.

http://www.gg.com/racing/view.php?id=53916

It was really funny to hear the name mentioned by the commentator and apparantly when they were reading the horses out on the TV, they said " Number 11, the amusingly titled Supermassive Muse". Don't know what they meant by that!!!

:LOL::LOL: that is the coolest!!!

it'd be funny if the commentator had a lisp

rickjames
23-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Well its running and its No. 6, drawn 8 of 10 with Graham Gibbons taking the ride again. See link below

http://www.attheraces.com/card.asp?raceid=141754&meetingid=23580&date=2007-05-25&ref=fixtures&nav=racecards

I really really hope its gets in the first 3. Im not going to tip it cos don't want to put the mockers on it. Hopefully it will complete a nice double, Supermassive Muse in the winners enclosure and my tickets finally arriving for Wembley!!!:)

stellacotton
25-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Congrats Nick thats a beautiful horse! I've always wanted to own a horse for as long as I can remember but living in the city all of my life has made that not possible. As a child I wanted to be a female jockey and win the triple crown or atleast the Kentucky Derby. Instead, I jockey a sportbike.lol But I never miss the airing of The Grand National even though it pains me to see horses falling or injured. I still think it to be the most exciting horse race in the world. Ofcourse, being American The Preakness,Belmont and Kentucky Derby are our bread and butter. Clear skies and best of luck to Massive in this next race!

stellacotton
25-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Congratulations on 2nd place from what I read Massive ran great!:D

Lo
25-05-2007, 11:53 PM
well done for today, beaten a head but that was nail biting :D well done i'd image lots of drinks were had.

I'm working at Epson on friday :)

Lynzi
25-05-2007, 11:56 PM
+1 :happy:

+2:happy:

HelzBelz
26-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Yes, well done on second place yesterday!!

I was skimming through race results y'day at work and i saw it!!! Nice 1 :happy:

rickjames
29-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Congratulations on 2nd place from what I read Massive ran great!

It was just possibly the best day of my life. When they went past the finish line, some of us were convinced it had won but we were just past the winning post and it stayed on really strongly. I am so so chuffed the horse seems to be really getting better, although about half my village had backed it to win, so would have been nice but i did say it had a good each way chance. Maybe next time

well done for today, beaten a head but that was nail biting well done i'd image lots of drinks were had.

I'm working at Epson on friday

I still had a hangover on Sunday. What was funny but gutting was we were in the 2nd place spot in the winners enclosure and this man walked past with the biggest bottles of Mum Champagne ive seen. But they were for the winning owner, but as well as the prize money Haydock were brill they gave us 8 free tickets to get in, free food and DVD's of the race afterwards. Ive watched it back about 20 times and every time i think its gonna get up to win!!!

Well have a good time at Epsom, will be watching, maybe one day can be there with the horse. Well thats dreaming a bit too far!!

Thanks for all the congrats from every1,i just need my wembley tickets to turn up now to make it a superb week!!

rickjames
29-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, well done on second place yesterday!!

I was skimming through race results y'day at work and i saw it!!! Nice 1

haha Just realised what you meant, as in you work for the Tote. Did you get anyone betting on it over the phone?

HelzBelz
29-05-2007, 05:52 PM
haha Just realised what you meant, as in you work for the Tote. Did you get anyone betting on it over the phone?

I was on a late shift that day, was in work at 5pm so i didn't get any bets on it. But when i pointed it out to my mate he said he'd had a few (he knows i'm a massive Muse fan so he was going to point it out to me haha!!!). I keep looking for it when i start work though!

When is the next race? Epsom?

rickjames
30-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I keep looking for it when i start work though!

When is the next race? Epsom?

Epsom, I wish!! its not in that class yet.

Well i dont want to think about the answer to this cos, it may be going to Haydock in two weeks, which will be brilliant as not far away or as i feared when i bought my Wembley tickets. Theres a chance it may run at Bath on the 16th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which will mean trying to get down to London, check into hotel and into stadium(missing all the support acts - not a bad thing) and being in a suit so will have to change too....

i'm not gonna worry till i find out, but worse case i could just change for a Sunday ticket or go both nights!

HelzBelz
31-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Epsom, I wish!! its not in that class yet.

Well i dont want to think about the answer to this cos, it may be going to Haydock in two weeks, which will be brilliant as not far away or as i feared when i bought my Wembley tickets. Theres a chance it may run at Bath on the 16th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which will mean trying to get down to London, check into hotel and into stadium(missing all the support acts - not a bad thing) and being in a suit so will have to change too....

i'm not gonna worry till i find out, but worse case i could just change for a Sunday ticket or go both nights!

Hahah, i thought i read a couple of pages back that you were, oops!!

Well good luck, don't forget to let us all know! I'll keep my eye out anyway (except i can't if it runs on the 16th!!):happy:

rickjames
13-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Well as feared it looks like it may be running this Saturday as its entered for the Bath race,

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,233174,00.html

so I've got a big round trip to see Muse afterwards.

However on the plus point it will be an unbelievable day if it wins and i think it has got a big chance!!

So anyone passes a bookies on the way to Wembley you can watch it, its the 2.50 at Bath. Hopefully it will give you some extra spending money for the night!!!!

mayblossom
13-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Well as feared it looks like it may be running this Saturday as its entered for the Bath race,

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,233174,00.html

so I've got a big round trip to see Muse afterwards.

However on the plus point it will be an unbelievable day if it wins and i think it has got a big chance!!

So anyone passes a bookies on the way to Wembley you can watch it, its the 2.50 at Bath. Hopefully it will give you some extra spending money for the night!!!!

Ooh, I might stick a fiver on it. It must be some sort of omen that it's running on Wembley day. What sort of odds might it be?

rickjames
14-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Ooh, I might stick a fiver on it. It must be some sort of omen that it's running on Wembley day. What sort of odds might it be?

Its hard to say there are two other horses in race with similar form. My guess 4/1.....

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racec...233174,00.html

But Seb Sanders is riding it now and he is one of best jockeys in country.

I hope it is an omen too!!

mayblossom
17-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Yay! I put my £5 and HE WON!!

Ha ha - I couldn't believe it. We were just pulling into Wembley Park on the tube, and checked the racing results on the mobile. I yelled out to the whole carriage "Aaaagh, it won!" So I went off to see Muse £10 richer, thank you very much - a good day all round. :happy:

Hey, congratulations on your first win! :)

Lo
17-06-2007, 11:18 AM
CONGRATS:D:D:D

WHAT A FRIGGING AWSOME DAY YOU MUST HAVE HAD:D

Did you make it to Muse?

Hysterical_Fan101
17-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Congrats on Supermassive Muse winning :D

rickjames
18-06-2007, 09:27 AM
http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=2039&stc=1&d=1182154182

What a fXXking fantastic day. Thank you for all your messages. It was quite simply the best day of my life.

Im not afraid to admit i was crying my eyes out. One thing i never told anyone is i lost my Auntie to cancer just after buying the horse and she chose the horses colours before she died. So it was very upsetting but also amazing. Apparently on the racing channel they said " I wonder if the owner is off to see Muse". I went after racing and it was just unreal

I think Supermassive has a big future, hopefully everyone can make a few quid too :-)

Ha ha - I couldn't believe it. We were just pulling into Wembley Park on the tube, and checked the racing results on the mobile. I yelled out to the whole carriage "Aaaagh, it won!" So I went off to see Muse £10 richer, thank you very much - a good day all round.

well done, thats very funny!!

CONGRATS

WHAT A FRIGGING AWSOME DAY YOU MUST HAVE HAD

Did you make it to Muse?

BTW Seb Sanders is such a nice bloke, very friendly!!

Bring on the next race (Prob Salisbury!!)

If you click on link BELOW you can watch the race

http://www.attheraces.com/form.asp?type=H&id=2371978&dte=2007-06-18

mayblossom
18-06-2007, 02:06 PM
http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=2039&stc=1&d=1182154182

If you click on link BELOW you can watch the race

http://www.attheraces.com/form.asp?type=H&id=2371978&dte=2007-06-18

That was exciting! Brilliant the way he came through that crowd of other runners. You must have been going mad watching it! I couldn't help giggling hearing the commentator saying "Supermassive Muse" so many times, heheh.

_Ed_
19-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I found out about this result when I was looking through the form at Royal Ascot and I noticed that one of the runners ran second last start to Supermassive Muse!

So I had to come and add my congratulations to the ones already posted. :)

Looks like a pretty talented horse, hope that win was the first of many.

rickjames
19-06-2007, 02:03 PM
found out about this result when I was looking through the form at Royal Ascot and I noticed that one of the runners ran second last start to Supermassive Muse!

So I had to come and add my congratulations to the ones already posted.

Looks like a pretty talented horse, hope that win was the first of many.

Thanks yes, Gasmanfightsback who Superrmassive beat goes to Royal Ascot today. I cant even imagine if Supermassive Muse was running there. If it did i'd be tempted to invite the band(although they'd prob be too busy to come) and everyone from here!! Well who knows what the future holds!!

stellacotton
19-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Congrats to Supermassive-It was in the stars!;)

rickjames
20-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Congrats to Supermassive-It was in the stars!

Thanks, and thanks for the City of Delusion Video

Feed the Hex
20-06-2007, 09:46 AM
yay!!!!
Well done !
there is nothing in the world like the feeling of seeing your horse past the post first....:happy:
and don't worry I always cry when they run....and if they win I'm in a right state! :$:LOL:
Have one in the Royal Hunt cup this week *gulp*
Keep us up to date ....I feel a forum day out at the races is on the cards! :D

WutDaFucksy
20-06-2007, 10:12 AM
you've gotta put speakers on the side of the horse and play muse while going along :happy::rolleyes:

zinterz
20-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Let us know when the next race, I shall be betting! :D

rickjames
20-06-2007, 10:49 AM
yay!!!!
Well done !
there is nothing in the world like the feeling of seeing your horse past the post first....
and don't worry I always cry when they run....and if they win I'm in a right state!
Have one in the Royal Hunt cup this week *gulp*
Keep us up to date ....I feel a forum day out at the races is on the cards!

Thanks, good luck this week. Whats it called?

you've gotta put speakers on the side of the horse and play muse while going along

Haha, but he may start moshing and lose concentration

Let us know when the next race, I shall be betting!

I will, ive tipped it once eachway when 2nd and once to win and obliged. Will be under pressure next time out. Its 1st July Sunday at Salisbury, in quite a hot race so it will have to perform as well as the band to win :-)

rickjames
29-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Just to say as i thought, its in the big race at Salisbury this Sunday 4.30 pm

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,234562,00.html

Its number 8 of 12 runners and Chris Caitlin rides.

Should be about 4/1 and i think its a decent each way bet.

So excited!!!

mayblossom
29-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Ooo how exciting! I'm going to invest my £10 winnings from his last race - £5 each way :yesey: . I see it's 6f this time - is the extra furlong going to make much difference to him?

rickjames
29-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Ooo how exciting! I'm going to invest my £10 winnings from his last race - £5 each way . I see it's 6f this time - is the extra furlong going to make much difference to him?

Personally i think the step up to 6 furlongs will suit, as in his last two races, its run so much better towards the end of the race. I just hope the ground doesnt get too soft, as its meant to be pretty torrential down south in next few days, but its the same for all the horses!!

museydusey
29-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Ha ha - I couldn't believe it. We were just pulling into Wembley Park on the tube, and checked the racing results on the mobile. I yelled out to the whole carriage "Aaaagh, it won!" So I went off to see Muse £10 richer, thank you very much - a good day all round. :happy:

Hey, congratulations on your first win! :)

I haeard someone talking about Supermassive Muse at Wembley and how it "Came though", Must have been you. :)

mayblossom
29-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Personally i think the step up to 6 furlongs will suit, as in his last two races, its run so much better towards the end of the race. I just hope the ground doesnt get too soft, as its meant to be pretty torrential down south in next few days, but its the same for all the horses!!

Definitely worth a bet then. Good luck for Sunday. :)

I haeard someone talking about Supermassive Muse at Wembley and how it "Came though", Must have been you. :) Heheh - it's a small Muse-world. :)

HelzBelz
29-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Just to say as i thought, its in the big race at Salisbury this Sunday 4.30 pm

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,234562,00.html

Its number 8 of 12 runners and Chris Caitlin rides.

Should be about 4/1 and i think its a decent each way bet.

So excited!!!

Gahhh i've still yet to be in work when it's racing! I don't work Sundays :( Good luck though, i'll keep an eye on the result for sure!

Do you know when it's racing after Salisbury?

muse.fan.
30-06-2007, 02:57 AM
I'd sure like to see it race down lingfield or sandown one day. Although my dad has to place my bet haha.

good luck for sunday!

mayblossom
01-07-2007, 12:49 PM
D'oh! Salisbury is abandoned. Well, keep us posted as to his next race.

HelzBelz
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Awww was gutted to hear Salisbury was abandoned! Was gonna have a bet too!!

When is the next meeting, do you know yet?

rickjames
03-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Awww was gutted to hear Salisbury was abandoned! Was gonna have a bet too!!

I know i was so pissed off, me and my mates had organised a minibus!!! The problem is cos of this crappy weather, a lot of racing is getting called off, so not sure, hopefully within the next couple of weeks and hopefully somewhere near the North West as the travelling is a nightmare!! Will let you know in plenty of time :)

rickjames
10-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Just found out its racing again this Saturday night 14th july, at Salisbury in the 6.35PM race.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racec...235955,00.html

I think it must be in with a chance!!

Anyone know what Salisburys like for a night out????

Calliope
10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Good Luck :D Hope "it" runs well again for you... why do you keep calling him it?? :(

I'm off to Catterick races tomorrow .. supposed to be a nice day!:D

I'll definitely go see Supermassive Muse run if/when he (it;)) is entered up here... I'd love to hear the commentary:D

emilya
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Good Luck :D Hope "it" runs well again for you... why do you keep calling him it?? :(

I'm off to Catterick races tomorrow .. supposed to be a nice day!:D

I'll definitely go see Supermassive Muse run if/when he (it;)) is entered up here... I'd love to hear the commentary:D

i'd like to hear the commentary if it was done by some one with a lisp

and good luck!

HelzBelz
10-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Just found out its racing again this Saturday night 14th july, at Salisbury in the 7.05PM race.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,235956,00.html

I think it must be in with a chance!!

Anyone know what Salisburys like for a night out????

Oooh yay! At last i'll be working when it's running!!

I'll be well nervous for ya! :LOL:

May have a little bet on it aswell! :D

Good Luck!:happy:

mayblossom
10-07-2007, 07:42 PM
32 runners - that's a big field! I shall be putting my each way bet on. Very good luck to you and Supermassive Muse. :)

Er.. no idea how Salisbury is for nightlife, but I'm sure you'll liven it up if you have a winner.

HelzBelz
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM
32 runners sounds about right for a short, flat race! It will have a good chance indeed!

Lol, if u look at the 7.35pm race...61 RUNNERS! I'm hoping they cut the field down a bit..or it's a mistake!

mayblossom
10-07-2007, 07:58 PM
32 runners sounds about right for a short, flat race! It will have a good chance indeed!

Lol, if u look at the 7.35pm race...61 RUNNERS! I'm hoping they cut the field down a bit..or it's a mistake!

61 Runners?! Blimey.:stunned:

HelzBelz
10-07-2007, 08:17 PM
61 Runners?! Blimey.:stunned:

:LOL: I don't think it will stay at 61...thie most i've ever seen (bar the Grand National) is 30-40 runners i think! :stunned:

Caliandra
10-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Wow that is awesome! I missed this thread a while back apparently.
Congrats on the win! I'm really glad for you! It seems way too cool to name a horse after Muse and have it win the night they play Wembley
I hope he keeps a winning streak going for you! That is the coolest horse EVER. :D

rickjames
11-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Good Luck Hope "it" runs well again for you... why do you keep calling him it??

I'm off to Catterick races tomorrow .. supposed to be a nice day!

Haha, sorry him. It must be a bad habit i have!!!

Oooh yay! At last i'll be working when it's running!!

I'll be well nervous for ya!

Fantastic, you can let me know if you take many bets on him

32 runners - that's a big field! I shall be putting my each way bet on. Very good luck to you and Supermassive Muse

There wont be that many runners, i reckon about 14, 32 is just the amount that have entered, but they narrow the field down and preference is given for winning horses so HE:p will be OK

Thanks for all the support messages too, hopefully he can win again and make everyone a few quid too. It would be really good if one day we can have a Muse forum day watching the horse, even better if i could get the band to come:LOL:

Calliope
11-07-2007, 10:34 AM
.. HE:p will be OK

;) :D

It would be really good if one day we can have a Muse forum day watching the horse, even better if i could get the band to come

Run him at York .. Muse could join in with the steel band. :LOL:

HelzBelz
11-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Fantastic, you can let me know if you take many bets on him

Oooh i will do!

I'm working during just the evening meetings aswell, so i'll see what it opens up at and how much it moves before the race!! I'll let ya know when i get home from work!:D

rickjames
12-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Theyve, changed the time of the race to 6.35 and theres 14 runners in the race

The betting forecast is 6/1 so its a good each way bet

Its horse number 4

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,235955,00.html

stardustbaby
12-07-2007, 02:01 PM

Its horse number 4

Pretty colours the jockey will be wearing :) Good Luck - never bet on a horse in my life but will on this one if ever I get the chance.

Have the band ever contacted you about naming a horse after them - I believe Matt is a bit of a poker player and might be interested in backing your horse?

rickjames
12-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Have the band ever contacted you about naming a horse after them - I believe Matt is a bit of a poker player and might be interested in backing your horse?

No but if it ever runs at Royal Ascot or somewhere good, i would try and get them to come and watch it, think they'd have bigger fish to fry though:(.

HelzBelz
12-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Its horse number 4

Only Vhujon and Ocean Transit ring a bell from that race!!! I'm excited for this haha!! I'm gonna embarrass myself by shouting at the TV at work i can see it now! :D

rickjames
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Only Vhujon and Ocean Transit ring a bell from that race!!! I'm excited for this haha!! I'm gonna embarrass myself by shouting at the TV at work i can see it now!

If you get anyone ringing u from Wrexham or Chester, it will more than likely be one of my mates backing it!! Vhujon is a very good horse, went very close at Royal Ascot last time.
Are u in one of these big Tote call centres or is it a betting shop?

HelzBelz
12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
If you get anyone ringing u from Wrexham or Chester, it will more than likely be one of my mates backing it!! Vhujon is a very good horse, went very close at Royal Ascot last time.
Are u in one of these big Tote call centres or is it a betting shop?

Yeah it did well at Ascot indeed!!

I'm in the Call Centre, there is only 1, thats in Wigan! So if any of your mates have Tote telephone betting accounts, they may have actually spoken to me!! :LOL:

rickjames
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm in the Call Centre, there is only 1, thats in Wigan! So if any of your mates have Tote telephone betting accounts, they may have actually spoken to me!!

Haha well if they do i'll get them to ask for Helsbels!!
U should get a job with them travelling to the racecourses, that would be fun!

HelzBelz
12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Haha well if they do i'll get them to ask for Helsbels!!
U should get a job with them travelling to the racecourses, that would be fun!

:LOL::LOL: They'd scare me to death if the did say that!!

Calliope
12-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Love the name of number 6 .. Billy Hot Rocks :LOL:

rickjames
13-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Love the name of number 6 .. Billy Hot Rocks

I hope thats not hot!

Just found out the Racing Post is tipping Supermassive, so hopefully a good omen, im off to Salisbury, hope it can win a few quid for anyone that backs it!!!

Maccah
13-07-2007, 02:39 PM
He won the race on the 16th of june? How ironic :LOL:

HelzBelz
13-07-2007, 07:22 PM
I hope thats not hot!

Just found out the Racing Post is tipping Supermassive, so hopefully a good omen, im off to Salisbury, hope it can win a few quid for anyone that backs it!!!

Ooooh might be a good sign if it's being tipped!!! Eeeeep i'm nervous! :LOL:

mayblossom
13-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I hope thats not hot!

Just found out the Racing Post is tipping Supermassive, so hopefully a good omen, im off to Salisbury, hope it can win a few quid for anyone that backs it!!! I've bet £5 each way. I suppose the odds will shorten if the Racing Post is tipping it, but never mind :). Come on Supermassive :musesign: !

HelzBelz
15-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Shamehe didn't win. :(

Although it was amusing hearing customers trying to say Supermassive Muse :LOL:

rickjames
16-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Sorry to anyone who backed it. Don't think the horse was at all right. At least he came home in one piece. Oh well you can't win them all:(

HelzBelz
16-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Sorry to anyone who backed it. Don't think the horse was at all right. At least he came home in one piece. Oh well you can't win them all:(

Awww is he ok??

Where did he place?

rickjames
18-07-2007, 08:51 AM
He's got a slight infection so it explains why he didnt run as well as usual!!

but he's having anti biotics which should clear it within a week:)

colly
18-07-2007, 11:22 AM
you have a really talented horse there he should go far! hope he's feeling better soon though.
my uncle backed supermassive on the 16th because he knew i was gutted about not going to wembly (i was rushed into hospital with suspected apedicitis) so you can imagine my excitement when my mam came to see me and my uncle told me that he'd just won big time on supermassive muse!!
he really does look fiesty too he'll goi far! :D

rickjames
18-07-2007, 01:20 PM
you have a really talented horse there he should go far! hope he's feeling better soon though.
my uncle backed supermassive on the 16th because he knew i was gutted about not going to wembly (i was rushed into hospital with suspected apedicitis) so you can imagine my excitement when my mam came to see me and my uncle told me that he'd just won big time on supermassive muse!!
he really does look fiesty too he'll goi far!

Thanks. Glad it cheered you up, hope ur better now. Its all a bit of a fairytale that it won on wembley day!!

colly
18-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks. Glad it cheered you up, hope ur better now. Its all a bit of a fairytale that it won on wembley day!!

yeah im much better now still gutted i missed them i kept telling the nurses i would come back once the show was finished to be treated. i wasn't bothered about the pain i was in, i just wanted to see my favourite band!!!!!:LOL:

rickjames
14-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Its early days yet whether it runs or not, but Supermassive is entered into a race at Ripon on Saturday

http://www.attheraces.com/card.asp?raceid=150517&meetingid=24704&date=2007-08-18&ref=fixtures&nav=racecards

regina
14-08-2007, 09:09 AM
just looked at ur thread for the first time. id love to hear a commentator pronounce that name in a neck and neck situation. best of luck on saturday!

Lo
14-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Its early days yet whether it runs or not, but Supermassive is entered into a race at Ripon on Saturday

http://www.attheraces.com/card.asp?raceid=150517&meetingid=24704&date=2007-08-18&ref=fixtures&nav=racecards

cool, how is he now?

raging I'm guessing not had having a run for a while. :)

rickjames
14-08-2007, 10:33 AM
cool, how is he now?

raging I'm guessing not had having a run for a while.

Yeah he's fine now, the only worry being that this race may be a bit soon for him. However if it doesnt run this Saturday, it will be going to Windsor Saturday 25th and ive got tickets for Leeds Festival so its a f**king nitemare again!!! it seems the horse only likes running when theres a big gig on, like the 16th June :D

u been racing recently?

rickjames
14-08-2007, 01:53 PM
just looked at ur thread for the first time. id love to hear a commentator pronounce that name in a neck and neck situation. best of luck on saturday!

Thanks, do have a few commentaries on DVD but not computer literate enough how to upload them on here, it is a bit of a mouthful for the poor commentator :)

Lo
14-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah he's fine now, the only worry being that this race may be a bit soon for him. However if it doesnt run this Saturday, it will be going to Windsor Saturday 25th and ive got tickets for Leeds Festival so its a f**king nitemare again!!! it seems the horse only likes running when theres a big gig on, like the 16th June :D

u been racing recently?

:LOL: true but look at the result last time, maybe its another sign.

Haven't been racing for a while, been watching it on the tele. Was going to go to Stratford last time i was home but with all the flooding it was called off. Nigels gallop slid down the hill into the local village and Jonjo's was 3/4 s under water so it hasn't been a very good few months

rickjames
15-08-2007, 10:58 AM
true but look at the result last time, maybe its another sign.

Haven't been racing for a while, been watching it on the tele. Was going to go to Stratford last time i was home but with all the flooding it was called off. Nigels gallop slid down the hill into the local village and Jonjo's was 3/4 s under water so it hasn't been a very good few months

Shit, didnt know it had got that bad!!

Just found out, its not going to run at Ripon this weekend, but it is running at Windsor on Saturday 25th August. Which means i have a difficult decision. Leeds festival or watching the horse run:(

Lo
15-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Shit, didnt know it had got that bad!!

Just found out, its not going to run at Ripon this weekend, but it is running at Windsor on Saturday 25th August. Which means i have a difficult decision. Leeds festival or watching the horse run:(

Oh no can you not do both again??

rickjames
15-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh no can you not do both again??

I wish i could, got guest tickets to Leeds. If they were for Reading, thats next to Windsor and spose it would be feasible, but even then i couldnt take a suit to a festival :(

emilya
15-08-2007, 09:30 PM
I wish i could, got guest tickets to Leeds. If they were for Reading, thats next to Windsor and spose it would be feasible, but even then i couldnt take a suit to a festival :(

i saw it at glasto. in fact, i saw some one in a wedding dress, so a suit should be a piece of cake

HelzBelz
15-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks, do have a few commentaries on DVD but not computer literate enough how to upload them on here, it is a bit of a mouthful for the poor commentator :)

It's a mouthful for the gamblers too...i love correcting them! :LOL:

rickjames
16-08-2007, 01:55 PM
i saw it at glasto. in fact, i saw some one in a wedding dress, so a suit should be a piece of cake

Im sure i seen that too, was it 2004 you talking about?
Surely it would have to be a suit or wedding dress that u never intended to wear again:D

It's a mouthful for the gamblers too...i love correcting them!

I think you may have a few bets on it next week. I really think it will have a good chance

emilya
16-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Surely it would have to be a suit or wedding dress that u never intended to wear again:D

it was this year actually - all knee deep in mud - nice!

HelzBelz
16-08-2007, 03:23 PM

I think you may have a few bets on it next week. I really think it will have a good chance

Is it running this weekend and next weekend?

rickjames
16-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Is it running this weekend and next weekend?

Next weekend at Windsor and i cant even go cos at Leeds Festival!

colly
18-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Next weekend at Windsor and i cant even go cos at Leeds Festival!
!!!
yay me too
im well excited though not as good as last year

heard muse foo fighters and acdc are headlining download next year yay!!!!
good luck in the race btw

HelzBelz
18-08-2007, 10:40 PM
!!!
yay me too

Where have you heard that!?

colly
18-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Where have you heard that!?

a friend told me last night im just having a look now to see if its true
ill start a thread if it is lol

HelzBelz
19-08-2007, 11:38 AM
a friend told me last night im just having a look now to see if its true
ill start a thread if it is lol

Cool...hope its true coz i can't decide whih festival to go to next year!:LOL:

rickjames
19-08-2007, 03:39 PM
!!!
yay me too

Ive given my ticket away to a mate now cos i decided i just cant miss watching my horse run. Thats brilliant news if its true about Download next year:p

rickjames
23-08-2007, 12:54 PM
He's just been confirmed for the 1st race at Windsor on Saturday. Horse number 2, (which was its number when he won on Wembley day), ridden by Richard Quinn and the forecast is 7-1 so not a bad each way bet. :)

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,240057,00.html

rickjames
13-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Supermassive Muse is now 3 years old and he begins the new season Saturday 26th April at Haydock. Heres hoping he can win some more races this year :-)

*OoS*
13-04-2008, 04:11 PM
If I ever go to the races and he's there, you can bet I'll bet on him, even if he's rubbish :LOL: :)

beanworld
13-04-2008, 05:19 PM
awwww:happy:

good luck :D

spiralstatic666
14-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Supermassive Muse is now 3 years old and he begins the new season Saturday 26th April at Haydock. Heres hoping he can win some more races this year :-)

I'll put a bit on him :happy:.

Got £15 winnings on wembley day!

Good luck!! :happy:

Feed the Hex
14-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Ray!
I was thinking about him the other day ...wondering how he was (it's a horse person thing :happy:)
hmmm if I'm not busy ..might have a day at the races....not far from here ...anyone else fancy it ....:D

rickjames
24-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I'll put a bit on him .

Got £15 winnings on wembley day!

Good luck!!

Ha, i remember u bet on him last year, not sure if he may need his run on saturday!

hmmm if I'm not busy ..might have a day at the races....not far from here ...anyone else fancy it ....

Ive got about 30 ppl friends and family comin to watch cos its just up the road from us, but weather forecast aint great

Anyway its horse no. 5, (drawn 2 out of 10) jockey Stephen Donohoe
click below for the racecard, ive got everything crossed!!!

http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid=174436&meetingid=27699&date=2008-04-26&ref=fixtures&nav=racecards

Lo
27-04-2008, 05:26 PM
well done for the 3rd at Haydock :D

danigirlxx
27-04-2008, 05:34 PM
when and where does suppermassive muse next race?
:)

Feed the Hex
27-04-2008, 06:39 PM
yeah nice one the RP write up said he was staying on well at the end ...only finished a length was it behind the winner? :happy:

JammaserJ
28-04-2008, 09:32 AM
I was just thinking about your horse the other day. I love how you come and update us to what "our" horse is doing. If I was in England I would come and watch for sure but good luck with your racing:)

rickjames
28-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I was just thinking about your horse the other day. I love how you come and update us to what "our" horse is doing. If I was in England I would come and watch for sure but good luck with your racing

well done for the 3rd at Haydock

yeah nice one the RP write up said he was staying on well at the end ...only finished a length was it behind the winner?

when and where does suppermassive muse next race?

Cheers to everyone for your messages :-) was a great day, well chuffed with 3rd for its first run, could be interesting for its next run, but dont know where as yet. Will let you know in due course. I dont know what im looking forward to more its next run or seeing Muse at V, should be a good summer!!

rickjames
02-05-2008, 03:37 PM
OK Supermassive Muse is entered next into the 4.15pm at Beverley next Wednesday,
7th May. 5 furlong race. Beverley is next to Hull so miles away for me to travel, but hopefully worth it!!!

http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid=175417&meetingid=27836&date=2008-05-07&ref=fixtures&nav=racecards

JammaserJ
05-05-2008, 03:58 AM
OK Supermassive Muse is entered next into the 4.15pm at Beverley next Wednesday,
7th May. 5 furlong race. Beverley is next to Hull so miles away for me to travel, but hopefully worth it!!!

ooooh! Good luck mate!:)

Calliope
07-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Beverley is next to Hull so miles away for me to travel, but hopefully worth it!!!
Today's the day!.. FIRST place for sure :yesey:

Good Luck!!.. hope your long journey pays dividends :D

Lo
07-05-2008, 04:19 PM
2nd tough luck mate, bloody beaten by a nose

spiralstatic666
07-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Gutted!
I was SO sure you had it!
Bad luck :(

rickjames
08-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Absolutely gutted, really thought he had won and he ran such a brilliant race, ah well not gonna get down, hopefully next time, just hope if u backed it, u did it each way:p

_Ed_
08-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Sounds like a great run, hope he goes one better next time out.

spiralstatic666
08-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Absolutely gutted, really thought he had won and he ran such a brilliant race, ah well not gonna get down, hopefully next time, just hope if u backed it, u did it each way:p

I never back each way :p
But nevermind!
Give him a carrot for me :happy:

rickjames
20-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Just so you know hes running this Saturday (24th May) at Haydock 5.15pm over 6 furlongs. The meeting is on Channel 4 but dont think my race is , shame!!
Hopefully will continue with his good form :)

http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid=177494&meetingid=27943&date=2008-05-24&ref=fixtures&nav=racecards

Lo
20-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Just so you know hes running this Saturday (24th May) at Haydock 5.15pm over 6 furlongs. The meeting is on Channel 4 but dont think my race is , shame!!
Hopefully will continue with his good form :)

http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid=177379&meetingid=27943&date=2008-05-24&ref=mainracenavigation&nav=racecards

ooh good luck. i'll be at work but thankfully it's a racing pub so we have racing uk on which will show it :D

rickjames
21-05-2008, 10:29 AM
ooh good luck. i'll be at work but thankfully it's a racing pub so we have racing uk on which will show it

haha that sounds like my kind of pub, if they got BHAR on the jukebox too it would be if carling did pubs!!

_Ed_
21-05-2008, 10:42 AM
You guys get racing on in pubs? Shit, I'd never leave if we got that here.

rickjames
21-05-2008, 10:45 AM

not in my pub we dont but im with u on that 1:LOL:

Lo
21-05-2008, 11:10 AM
haha that sounds like my kind of pub, if they got BHAR on the jukebox too it would be if carling did pubs!!

:LOL:the 3 main pubs in the local villages are all racing driven ie they're all linked in some form to the racing world, where i do some shifts used to be owned by my old boss NTD but is now run by 2 scots who happen to have a horse in training with nigel named after the pub, another is run by the parents of nigels conditional and the other is run by a racing enthusiast
plus is the local of jump jocks such as choc, Warren Marsten, Andrew Tinkler and many more (makes for a crazy week during the festival as they're only about 15 miles form cheltenham too.)

unfortunately unless they have a disco there is no muse, mainly james blunt or something similar as back ground music...the duke box at the halfway does have queen, rolling stones and all the Now....

rickjames
23-05-2008, 01:10 PM
plus is the local of jump jocks such as choc, Warren Marsten, Andrew Tinkler and many more (makes for a crazy week during the festival as they're only about 15 miles form cheltenham too.)

sounds great, i go cheltenham every year for the festival, hard to beat!!!

Found out ex Champion Jock Ryan Moore is riding Supermassive now, quite excited about meeting him as hes one of the best in the business!!

mayblossom
24-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Good luck today :) . I've put £5 on each way :D .

ElleEctricity
24-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I have been a huge fan of Muse ever since hearing Sunburn played on Soccer AM about 8 years ago and have since seen them countless times. Probably like a lot of people on here, their music has inspired me and been a big soundtrack through life over the past decade.

My other passion is horse racing and Iíve always dreamt of owning a racehorse. This year I decided to fulfil my dream as a few things have happened to make me realise life really is too short. When it came to naming him, there was only one real choice for the theme.

Ive called him

Supermassive Muse.

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/search_results.sd?searchtext=supermass&searchtype=Horse&start_no=1

Anyway to cut a long story short, I got a two year old which will be running this year. Already entered for a good race in October but hopefully should have a few runs before hand.

Iíve had a lot of stick off my mateís for naming it after my favourite band but at the end of the day itís just a bit of fun, I just hope it wins a few times!!

Nick

Ahhh me and my dad saw your horse in the paper yesterday, we guessed the owner must be a Muse fan :LOL:
We went to the bookies and placed a bet on him today. Good luck :)

Lo
24-05-2008, 04:58 PM
good luck, my dad's backed him (hope that doesn't jinx him:rolleyes:)

spiralstatic666
24-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Not a fan of the ground today?

Bad luck :(

rickjames
09-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Was a bad run at Haydock, sorry if u backed him:-(

He's running at Sandown this Friday over his prefered 5 furlongs, hope he runs back to form. Will be my first trip down South(well 2 london anyway) since his win on Wembley day almost a year ago :-)

http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid=179536&meetingid=28367&date=2008-06-13&ref=fixtures&nav=racecards

spiralstatic666
13-06-2008, 12:25 AM
He's gonna do it this time!
Good luck ;)

rickjames
25-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh well, 4th wasnt a bad result at Sandown!!!!

Anyway hes running at Newcastle this friday eve in the 9.30 race (last race)

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,270322,00.html

rickjames
11-07-2008, 01:19 PM
He's running this Sunday 13th July at Haydock in the

Ricky Hatton Handicap

so if he wins im hoping to get presented with the prize by the Hitman himself!!... really nervous as it looks like the bookies are making Supermassive favourite!!!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,272261,00.html

museydusey
13-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Well done on the win. :happy::D

JammaserJ
14-07-2008, 02:02 AM
You won? Fantastic! Congratulations

_Ed_
14-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Great, congrats! Sounds like he's got some ability.

rickjames
14-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Thank you all!!

It was just unreal, Supermassive won so easily and ive lost my voice from shouting, got my decanter presented by Ricky Hatton too and he was really nice. Just unbelievable. Its the Muse factor.....

http://www.officialphotographers.gbr.cc/30560/info.php?p=8&pno=1&cat=118160&sought=

If u click on the link above and go to race 5 u can see pics of the horse winning and im the scruffy one with the purple shirt under me suit(no tie) getting the decanter presented..

JammaserJ
15-07-2008, 03:08 AM
I checked out your photos, Supermassive is a beautiful horse, such a nice colour to the coat. Is Supermassive a male or female? Are all those people with you your family?

rickjames
15-07-2008, 01:31 PM
I checked out your photos, Supermassive is a beautiful horse, such a nice colour to the coat. Is Supermassive a male or female? Are all those people with you your family?

Yes hes a male, although he has been gelded!!! Yeah in the photos are my sisters, Mum, Dad, Girlfriend and obviously Ricky Hatton and the jockey Stephen Donohoe. The story actually made a lot of newspapers. Manchester Evening News etc. Maybe next time I can get the band to come and watch him!!!! If only :-)

rickjames
31-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Just a quick one, Supermassive Muse is running at Haydock again tommorow evening 7.50pm, hoping he follows up his last win, although a lot tougher with 14 runners!!!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,274608,00.html

RadHae
01-08-2008, 04:23 AM
thats an awesome name...HAHA

supermassive museeeee

rickjames
11-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Supermassive Muse is running at Thisk tonight (7.30pm) ridden by Daryll Holland. Think he has quite a good chance!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,275857,00.html

rickjames
28-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Supermassive Muse is running at my local course Chester this Saturday 2.20pm, ridden by Daryll Holland. The race is being shown on Channel 4!!!!! so excited. Hes got a good draw 2 out of 15 runners, which is important at a tight course like Chester, just hope he does his best. Cheer him on if you watch it :)

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,278300,00.html

Bazza12
28-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Supermassive Muse is running at my local course Chester this Saturday 2.20pm, ridden by Daryll Holland. The race is being shown on Channel 4!!!!! so excited. Hes got a good draw 2 out of 15 runners, which is important at a tight course like Chester, just hope he does his best. Cheer him on if you watch it :)

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,278300,00.html

Wishing you lots of luck! Have a good day!

Feed the Hex
30-08-2008, 02:14 PM
He's on channel 4 in about 10 mins! :happy:
Fingers crossed for a good run and that he comes back safer and sound! :D

*edit* he won!
Very good race ...nicely done ..congrats Rick! :D

vinya12
30-08-2008, 04:00 PM
well done for coming first in the 2.20 :). great mover .

rickjames
31-08-2008, 06:30 AM
thank u!!!!! just watched the replay on racing channel and they even mentioned that its named after Muse and there will be some winning punters in Teignmouth!! just a surreal day. im from chester so its a dream come true, havent stopped drinking yet!!!!! the only dream left is to meet the band now :-)

frenziedsilence
31-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Sweet, I wish I could watch him run, but we hardly have any races on here in the US, let alone those not in the US!
He's a beautiful boy. *gives a carrot*

_Ed_
31-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Awesome, congrats!

Zerikou
31-08-2008, 07:39 AM
So... awesomely weird...

rickjames
31-08-2008, 07:44 AM
i will try and post the video of the race if i can work out how!!! it is starting to make the news!! it is very bizzare

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/08/08/30/RACING_Chester_Comments.html

i think u can watch it for free by clicking this link below and the race chester 2.20 saturday, think u have to log in or something tho, the commentator mentions the band after the race as well, so weird

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/c4/

Josefine
31-08-2008, 08:48 AM
i will try and post the video of the race if i can work out how!!! it is starting to make the news!! it is very bizzare!!

http://www.virginmedia.com/sport/horseracing/racing-story.php?storyid=31645232

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/08/08/30/RACING_Chester_Comments.html

i think u can watch it for free by clicking this link below and the race chester 2.20 saturday, think u have to log in or something tho, the commentator mentions the band after the race as well, so weird

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/c4/

Congrats, it's nice to know he's honouring the name :happy:

Bazza12
31-08-2008, 01:14 PM
"Hughes could do little more than utter "unbelievable" after Darryll Holland led close home on the Ed McMahon-trained 14-1 shot to collect by half a length in the fast-and-furious five-furlong dash."

:LOL::LOL: Fantastic! Well done! Wish I'd had a bet now!!!

Mue
05-09-2008, 01:53 PM
haha!

i was so impressed by this when i saw Supermassive Muse on tv that i just made another thread about it :LOL:

rickjames
05-09-2008, 02:19 PM
haha!

i was so impressed by this when i saw Supermassive Muse on tv that i just made another thread about it

No problem, im just glad some fans have seen him on the telly now , i know of at least 5 Muse fans who won on him last Saturday cos they seen his name. My next ambition is to try and invite the band to come and watch him. Im sure they are way too busy but any ideas how i could go about giving them an invite to the owners/trainers, who to ask etc. If anyone does speak to Matt, Dom or Chris, it would be my treat, it would be a dream come true!!! Nothing ventured Nothing gained!!!

Olly.
05-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Well done mate, if was into betting i'd prolly try have a go with Supermassive. Good luck with the future races!

Poppy96
05-09-2008, 02:40 PM
That's fantastic - well done!!

You'll have to let us know when his races are as we all need to start making money for tickets for the next Muse tour!! :musesign:

xuwang
05-09-2008, 02:47 PM
That's fantastic - well done!!

You'll have to let us know when his races are as we all need to start making money for tickets for the next Muse tour!! :musesign:

+1
I wonder if I can bet from Portugal:shifty:
i don't even know if they bet here on horses...:D

Poppy96
05-09-2008, 02:56 PM
+1
I wonder if I can bet from Portugal:shifty:
i don't even know if they bet here on horses...:D

I am sure you can bet on anything from anywhere!!

Not that I am advocating gambling you understand!! :noey:

Mue
05-09-2008, 03:56 PM
No problem, im just glad some fans have seen him on the telly now , i know of at least 5 Muse fans who won on him last Saturday cos they seen his name. My next ambition is to try and invite the band to come and watch him. Im sure they are way too busy but any ideas how i could go about giving them an invite to the owners/trainers, who to ask etc. If anyone does speak to Matt, Dom or Chris, it would be my treat, it would be a dream come true!!! Nothing ventured Nothing gained!!!

i well would have put money on him if i knew beforehand :happy:

ask kirky! :happy:

i dont know anyone who speaks to the band i dont think :erm: i know people who speak to kirky and have spoken to the band in the past but that is all :(

real&alive
05-09-2008, 10:23 PM
that's magnificent !! it's good that you named your horse that way
All the good luck in the races..
Keepin' Muse in our spirits

rickjames
12-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Supermassive is running again at Chester tommorow(Saturday) in the 4.40pm race. Ridden by William Buick, horse number 3. Hoping he can put in another good performance and who knows!!!!!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,279917,00.html

mayblossom
13-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Best of luck this afternoon. :)
I've put £5 each way on him.

museydusey
13-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Unlucky! Just pipped on the Post. :)

rickjames
13-09-2008, 11:49 PM
fxckety fxck, gutted, he still did really well though beaten by a nose, looked like he had won it too!!!

rickjames
02-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Boo hoo, season nearly over but Supermassive Muse is having one of his final runs for the year at Wolverhampton tommorow night (Friday 3rd October) hes in the 7.50pm race. Horse number 2, ridden by Graham Gibbons. Hopefully have 1 more run left after this one before his well earned winter break but hes really been a superstar this year. Its the Muse factor im convinced!!!!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,282144,00.html

Josefine
02-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Boo hoo, season nearly over but Supermassive Muse is having one of his final runs for the year at Wolverhampton tommorow night (Friday 3rd October) hes in the 7.50pm race. Horse number 2, ridden by Graham Gibbons. Hopefully have 1 more run left after this one before his well earned winter break but hes really been a superstar this year. Its the Muse factor im convinced!!!!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,282144,00.html

I hope he does well :happy:

rickjames
17-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I hope he does well

Well came 3rd so not bad :-)

Supermassive Muse has last run of the season til 2009, tommorow at Catterick. Horse number 11 in the 3.35pm. Thanks for everyones congrats messages this year and like i said my ambition now is to get Muse to come and watch him run next year. Hopefully at Royal Ascot. Awww well u can only dream :LOL: !!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,283667,00.html

rickjames
14-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Just to let you know Supermassive Muse begins his new season in a months time. His main target is the big sprint race at Chester in May(which will be live on channel 4). He's joined this year by Starlight Muse (a 2 year old Grey Filly) who I've named after the band again as it was so lucky with Supermassive!!!

I will let you know nearer the time if im expecting a good run from either :)

Dunsby
14-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Supermassive Black Horse

spiralstatic666
14-03-2009, 05:41 PM
OH MY GOD!!

Starlight-Muse is my ebay username and grey horses are my favourite!! What are the chances?! :D

Best of luck this season! I'll be of course backing supermassive muse and really looking forward to seeing Starlight Muse run!

rickjames
16-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Supermassive Black Horse

Got a ring to it too!!

OH MY GOD!!

Starlight-Muse is my ebay username and grey horses are my favourite!! What are the chances?!

I chose Starlight Muse because shes a Grey horse and because of the obvious song link. I do like Grey Horses too, although shes more of a dark Grey!

Feed the Hex
19-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Got a ring to it too!!

I chose Starlight Muse because shes a Grey horse and because of the obvious song link. I do like Grey Horses too, although shes more of a dark Grey!

oh 2 horses you lucky thing ...(I only have shares:( )
The filly will get lighter with age ..I love greys too always wanted one of my own ...Elite rarely has greys.Good luck with the upcoming season with the them !

On a tangent for those who love greys ..at Newmarket every year they run a 'greys only' race ...it's quite a sight to see them all charging up the course :happy:

Josefine
19-03-2009, 06:01 PM
oh 2 horses you lucky thing ...(I only have shares:( )
The filly will get lighter with age ..I love greys too always wanted one of my own ...Elite rarely has greys.Good luck with the upcoming season with the them !

On a tangent for those who love greys ..at Newmarket every year they run a 'greys only' race ...it's quite a sight to see them all charging up the course :happy:

We had a grey pony when I was a kid, and the older she got the lighter she became - she was snow white when she died at the age of 30 :)

rickjames
24-03-2009, 08:46 AM

Yeah I was told that but shes not gonna be as grey as Desert Orchid. Shes the darker type of grey. Good luck to you too :-)

We had a grey pony when I was a kid, and the older she got the lighter she became - she was snow white when she died at the age of 30

That's a really good innings for a horse! Hope Supermassive can last that long too. I'll be able to look after him when im old then too :-)

Josefine
24-03-2009, 10:15 AM
That's a really good innings for a horse! Hope Supermassive can last that long too. I'll be able to look after him when im old then too :-)

Fingers crossed:happy:

Feed the Hex
24-03-2009, 10:31 AM
yeah with health and good luck most horses make 20+ these days ....ponies can live up to 40+ ..especially the wee ones like shetlands etc :D

rickjames
09-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Supermassive Muse has his first run of the season at Beverley on 15th April (this Wednesday) in the 3.10 race. Fingers crossed :-)

rickjames
18-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Supermassive Muse is running at Epsom in the 2.30 this Wednesday 22nd April. BBC2 are televising the meeting but not sure if they're showing my race!!! Really looking forward to a trip down south.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,304076,00.html

Darryl Holland riding him again so hoping for a good run :-)

Feed the Hex
18-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Shall watch out for him :happy:
We have one out today, ..Border Patrol, at Newbury. He's a Selkirk half brother to the likes of Eisteddfod, so would like to see a good run :D

*edit* he won very well, staying on strongly :D

rickjames
19-04-2009, 09:26 AM
*edit* he won very well, staying on strongly

OMG Was out at the pub so missed the race!!!! Well done, did you get much money on at 2/1??? Will watch it on the Racing replay in a bit

_Ed_
19-04-2009, 09:57 AM
*edit* he won very well, staying on strongly :D
Congrats!

And good luck to Supermassive Muse. Must be a huge thrill to have a runner at one of the world's most famous racecourses.

rickjames
19-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Congrats!

And good luck to Supermassive Muse. Must be a huge thrill to have a runner at one of the world's most famous racecourses

Thanks to be honest I'm more excited because it looks like Merlins Dancer is in my race and that horse is owned by Helen Chamberlain whos a presenter on Soccer AM (one of my fav programmes) and shes quite fit as well, hoping to see her :)

Couchy
19-04-2009, 10:22 AM
you sir, and your horsies, are awesome

Just another 2 and you'll have the 4 Horses of the Apocalypse Please :D
I'd go with Supermassive Black Horse and This Horse has Stockholm Syndrome (for the announcers)

Also convince one of your jockies (unless theres only 1) to call themselves The Knight of Cydonia

And if you have to/can, brand them with the MUSE logo, tho i dont think they do that with race horses...

ooh ooh and get one in a photoshoot that looks like my pic :D but real life

rickjames
19-04-2009, 10:28 AM
you sir, and your horsies, are awesome

Just another 2 and you'll have the 4 Horses of the Apocalypse Please
I'd go with Supermassive Black Horse and This Horse has Stockholm Syndrome (for the announcers)

Also convince one of your jockies (unless theres only 1) to call themselves The Knight of Cydonia

And if you have to/can, brand them with the MUSE logo, tho i dont think they do that with race horses...

ooh ooh and get one in a photoshoot that looks like my pic but real life

Well as long as they keep winning I'm gonna keep the Muse theme :-)

Haha not sure about convincing one of the jockeys to call themselves The Knight of Cydonia....... I think they'd send me to the loony house:LOL:

Couchy
19-04-2009, 10:41 AM
mmm true that, could go with "The Horse Ridden By One of the Knights of Cydonia"

I wanna see an announcer yelling that one out

Mark Renton
19-04-2009, 10:54 AM
there are two horses in Australia called Starlight Fury and Starlight Baron

rickjames
13-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Just to let you know Supermassive Muse is on telly in the 1st race at York tomorow.

Channel 4 1.40PM.

Got everthing crossed!!!!!!!

cucciola19
14-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Just to let you know Supermassive Muse is on telly in the 1st race at York tomorow.

Channel 4 1.40PM.

Got everthing crossed!!!!!!!

My husband is there now and just put £10 on Supermassive Muse!!
I'm watching it on TV:D

cucciola19
14-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Well, .....never mind.....beautiful animal though!:D

Feed the Hex
15-05-2009, 02:51 PM
he looked a picture :happy: should come on for that run!
I need to get the :party: out ...Border Patrol just took the 2.20 Listed race at Newbury ..absolutely thrilled to bits ..we've got a real cracker there :happy:

_Ed_
15-05-2009, 03:44 PM
A listed race? That's fantastic, congratulations. Aiming even higher now?

Feed the Hex
15-05-2009, 08:21 PM
A listed race? That's fantastic, congratulations. Aiming even higher now?

I'd like to think so ..his brother won a Group 3 and Roger Charlton certainly knows the time of day ...he's shown bags of quality so far ...so I'd not be at all surprised to see him in group company before long.
The whole family is tremendous, the dam's latest foal, by Green Desert, is gorgeous! :happy:

rickjames
16-05-2009, 12:11 PM
My husband is there now and just put £10 on Supermassive Muse!!
I'm watching it on TV

He wasn't on his game but not to worry it was a very classy race!

I'd like to think so ..his brother won a Group 3 and Roger Charlton certainly knows the time of day ...he's shown bags of quality so far ...so I'd not be at all surprised to see him in group company before long.
The whole family is tremendous, the dam's latest foal, by Green Desert, is gorgeous!

Well done. Looks a good horse in the making. Starlight Muse is by Green Desert too, so fingers crossed :-)

rickjames
06-08-2009, 12:43 PM
After a long lay off due to a virus. Supermassive Muse is back in action at Haydock 5pm on Saturday. Horse no. 10 ridden by Graham Gibbons. It's just nice to have him back.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,326582,00.html

I don't think Starlight Muse will be running for a while. She's had a bit of a setback :(

Joseph.
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
After a long lay off due to a virus. Supermassive Muse is back in action at Haydock 5pm on Saturday. Horse no. 10 ridden by Graham Gibbons. It's just nice to have him back.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,326582,00.html

I don't think Starlight Muse will be running for a while. She's had a bit of a setback :(

Aww, what happened?

rickjames
20-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Aww, what happened?

She just had a bad injury, hopefully on the mend now though :-)

Anyway.

Supermassive Muse is running this Saturday 22nd August 2.25PM at Chester.

If you can get near a TV the race is live on Channel 4 and it is the same race he won last year so everything crossed :-)

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,329354,00.html

Elenor.
20-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I always wanted to name my horse Sunburn. :chuckle:
good luck this weekend! :D

Feed the Hex
22-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Your lad's been talked up in the papers and got a big shout on the Morning Line :happy:
I see one on his main rivals though is called .....Invincible Lad :eek:
I shall be watching with interest ..good luck!

rickjames
23-08-2009, 10:24 AM
I always wanted to name my horse Sunburn.
good luck this weekend!

Funnily enough almost named him after Sunburn as it was the first Muse song i ever heard!

Your lad's been talked up in the papers and got a big shout on the Morning Line
I see one on his main rivals though is called .....Invincible Lad
I shall be watching with interest ..good luck!

Yeah he got quite a bit of telly coverage. They talked quite a bit about him on the programme too. 5th not too bad a run considering hes been off the track for a while!

Elenor.
23-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Funnily enough almost named him after Sunburn as it was the first Muse song i ever heard!

ahaha, it's my favourite song by them. :happy:
and congrats on the 5th place!

rickjames
07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
ahaha, it's my favourite song by them.
and congrats on the 5th place!

Aww thankyou, not a bad effort!!

Anyway Supermassive Muse is running again this Saturday 12th September in the 4.30pm race at Chester.
Hope he can cap off a great week, just been to Teignmouth and new album on Monday. A win for him would really put the icing on the cake, we can all dream :)

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,333613,00.html

No ones gonna take me Live
07-09-2009, 08:08 PM

My other passion is horse racing and Iíve always dreamt of owning a racehorse. This year I decided to fulfil my dream as a few things have happened to make me realise life really is too short. When it came to naming him, there was only one real choice for the theme.

Ive called him

Supermassive Muse.

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/search_results.sd?searchtext=supermass&searchtype=Horse&start_no=1

Iíve had a lot of stick off my mateís for naming it after my favourite band but at the end of the day itís just a bit of fun, I just hope it wins a few times!!

Nick

I tried to name my black horse (who's name is Black Ice... totally original, but it's better than when my brother named his cat "ms. kitty") Muse, and so i was petting him and said
"how would you like to be called Muse?"
and then,,,,,,
He bit me.:mad: :eek: :stunned: :rolleyes: :( :mad:

rickjames
11-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Forgot to add. He's horse number 6. Ridden by Graham Gibbons.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,333613,00.html

rickjames
02-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Supermassive Muse is running this evening at Wolverhampton at 19.50pm. Horse number 10 ridden by Graham Gibbons

The race is on the At the Races channel on Sky. Fingers crossed!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,337090,00.html

rickjames
07-02-2010, 07:31 AM
After 18 months since naming her and a bad injury Starlight Muse finally makes her debut this coming Friday at Wolverhampton in the 6.15 race. Very nervous but very excited too!!!!!!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,357071,00.html

_Ed_
07-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Good luck!

How has she looked in her training?