PDA

View Full Version : Welsh Musers

Pages : [1] 2

christoph
20-05-2004, 12:34 PM
post in here if you are welsh.

Sunburn*
24-05-2004, 08:43 AM
I am not Welsh, I live in the West Midlands but I go to Wales For a week every year! and i'm going next week :D

Your a Welsh Muse fan! great!

Tywyllwch
24-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Welsh isn't that international is it????

christoph
26-05-2004, 09:52 AM
where abouts are you going to in Wales?

anywhere near pembrokeshire, that's where i live. nice place...ish.

Hyper_Rain
02-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Bore da!
Not Welsh, but there almost every week as my girlfriend lives there at the mo.
And trying to learn Welsh! Syt wyt ti?

:D

christoph
09-06-2004, 07:56 AM
i'm rubbish at welsh, there are times when i have forgotten the whole welsh language.

i didn't know it very well, but here are some things i remember.

ble rywt ti'n byw? (where do you live?)
sut wyt ti? (how are you?)
pyw wyt ti? (who are you?)

that's about it really, i got E at GCSE, i wasn't bothered.

Tywyllwch
09-06-2004, 12:52 PM
I got an E in welsh too, mainly because they don't know how to properly teach it and I just didn't care. Any of you fans of the GLC? :D

e_kee
13-06-2004, 03:00 AM
I got an E in welsh too, mainly because they don't know how to properly teach it and I just didn't care. Any of you fans of the GLC? :D

im not welsh.
but that song GLC did with SFA is good!

Larsen B
20-06-2004, 07:31 PM
open your eyes people open your eyes!!
*agitated*

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=60&highlight=wales
----

ach well, we all rock :cool:

theimpressiveclergyman
20-06-2004, 07:32 PM
I like Welsh people... I don't know any though. :(

Jazzlady
20-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Party Hard!

Larsen B
20-06-2004, 08:20 PM
I like Welsh people... I don't know any though. :(

*me*me*me*me*

I'm a boy you know! :p

theimpressiveclergyman
20-06-2004, 08:32 PM
*me*me*me*me*

I'm a boy you know! :p

YAY! (Definately not a girl! :D )

And there is Roo, of course. How will I bring myself to tell him about my essay... Which he was in... :o

Bexie
26-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Im 1/8 welsh..... :LOL:

Jazzlady
02-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Im 1/8 welsh..... :LOL:

I see your 1/8 ness, and raise you by my 1/2 welshness

fredjx
02-07-2004, 09:48 PM
hey hey, i'm from South Wales! wooo!

Matthew
02-07-2004, 09:52 PM
pfffft

i'm SURE i made a welsh musers thread

Larsen B
02-07-2004, 10:00 PM
pfffft

i'm SURE i made a welsh musers thread

hell no it's my thread on this here new board! :p

Matthew
02-07-2004, 10:47 PM
was it that long ago? i thought it was this board :s

Nat
02-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Nope was teh old board :p

Larsen B
02-07-2004, 11:02 PM
gawd i remember starting it like it was yesterday! (http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=60&highlight=welsh)

Krazy Cat
02-07-2004, 11:07 PM
was it that long ago? i thought it was this board :s

:confused: I thought it was on this board too! Oh well as long as we have one! :D

Jazzlady
03-07-2004, 09:08 PM
:confused: I thought it was on this board too! Oh well as long as we have one! :D

We have two now!

I still stand by the belief that anyone from South Wales is just pretend welsh.

Killing In The Name
03-07-2004, 09:32 PM

I totally agree. People from South Wales are closer to English then Welsh.

Neil
03-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Yeah but we have the accents! Some more than others...but still, I can't help it if I was raised to speak english :'(

Nat
03-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Hmm just because we may be nearer to England doesnt mean we are "pretend welsh" we cant help where we were born or currently live unless you are old enough and have enough money to move

I dont think i have a welsh accent, but there we are

I'm still classed as welsh because i am...... *trails off* not in the mood to say anything else

Neil
03-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Wales is where people go to retire...

Not for the youth who want a decent job!

But it's nice and quiet most of the time...

Nat
03-07-2004, 10:13 PM
True, it's so hard to find a job anywhere, even a part time one, oooh actually there is always KFC or McDonalds, ooh yeaaah :rolleyes:

There is mostly old people where i live, just because it's a village type thingy place....

Krazy Cat
04-07-2004, 04:03 PM
We have two now!

:eek: How do you work that out? Just because we weren't taught Welsh in school, which they are these days. We sound more Welsh than anyone, our accents are quite strong in South Wales.

Larsen B
04-07-2004, 04:13 PM
how can they be closer to England? nah i'm not even gonna try and understand that one....

Jazzlady
04-07-2004, 09:56 PM
South welsh Welsh is impossible for me to understand, and most of my northern family!

Nat
04-07-2004, 10:05 PM
:eek: How do you work that out? Just because we weren't taught Welsh in school, which they are these days. We sound more Welsh than anyone, our accents are quite strong in South Wales.
Mine isn't

Krazy Cat
04-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Mine isn't

Well, I didn't think I had a strong accent until my English family and friends pointed it out.

Nat
04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Yeah i guess it's like that, my best mate who is english says i sound welsh, and my other friend who is also english thinks i sound welsh, whereas i dont think i sound welsh, not in the slightest

JimmyStyle
05-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I'm Welsh.

Living in Cardiff.

RedRoses
08-07-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm not Welsh. But my boyfriend lives in Wales. I met this other guy that lives in Wales but i haven't seen him in muse chat for a while. I wanted him to talk to my boyfriend so if your name is Matthew and you live in Wales and your screen name was killing in the name of then let me know. Love Muse of course talk to you all later. Oh and if you found out what my last name was you'd laugh...

theimpressiveclergyman
13-07-2004, 02:52 PM
So do you Welshies have to learn Welsh in school?

Hoppipolla
13-07-2004, 02:54 PM
I've been to wales three different times for 3 weeks each, and I loved it. Oakwood's great. All the ... amusements... and stuff. ¬_¬

Larsen B
27-07-2004, 12:36 AM
So do you Welshies have to learn Welsh in school?
It depends where they're from I think, most south Wales' schools have it compulsory with English as a second language. I could be wrong so please correct me I've never actually lived in Wales for all my preaching but I'm still proud.
In North Wales it's not so Welsh speaking hence my English cousins living in the north only speak English and my English cousins in the south must produce all their schoolowork in Welsh....how wacky.

edwards666
27-07-2004, 09:57 AM
I've lived near Wrexham since i was 3 years old.
I got a C in Welsh GCSE but can barely speak a word, trying to re-learn it for uni in september (Aberystwyth).

theimpressiveclergyman
03-08-2004, 04:30 PM
It depends where they're from I think, most south Wales' schools have it compulsory with English as a second language. I could be wrong so please correct me I've never actually lived in Wales for all my preaching but I'm still proud.
In North Wales it's not so Welsh speaking hence my English cousins living in the north only speak English and my English cousins in the south must produce all their schoolowork in Welsh....how wacky.

ALL their schoolwork? Ouch.

Neil
03-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Thankfully I didn't have to do all my work in welsh... :)

Bubble Wrap
07-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Yes! I found a Welsh musers thread :happy: Well, needless to say, I am a Welsh muser. And for those of you from Wales, you will know what I'm on about when I say I'm from Barry!!!! But I tend to live in Cardiff. And yep, we had to do Welsh in school. Think I got an A or B. Can't remember much now though, but I do know the anthem...naturally. And I am still bitter that I didn't get to see Muse when the last came to Cardiff and my boyfriend did (and he's not even Welsh!!!!) I was doing my dissertation, damn it! As for an accent...well it only seems to come out when I'm drunk. But there are words like lovely, or lethal that tend to be pretty Weslhy :) But I am finally getting to see Muse in but 15 days time. Yay! :D

Edit: Oh, and Oakwood is brilliant! I used to go there every year, 'cause my nan and gramp lived close to it. :happy:

Neil
07-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Haha I have to be drunk for mine to really show too, or when saying certain words..tidy :D

Bubble Wrap
07-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Haha I have to be drunk for mine to really show too, or when saying certain words..tidy :D

It's either when I'm drunk or incredibly excited! The word 'perpendicular' can sound very funny in a Welsh accent. T'other half is English, and his mates keep asking what I can say in Welsh, which isn't much. But I did go through the anthem once. I reckon sboncen is my fave word just 'cause it sounds funny :happy: And they always wanna know about Barry island for some reason :confused:

Krazy Cat
07-08-2004, 09:20 PM

Schools around me all have English as first language, and Have a little Welsh taught here and there, unless of course you go to a Welsh school. And we weren't taught Welsh at all when I was in School. (which was a while back now :$ ) I'm near Caerphilly, between Newport and Cardiff. (s.wales) :D

Bubble Wrap
07-08-2004, 09:31 PM
I like being Welsh loads :happy: and even more so when it comes to being so around my mates. They are all English (I don't think many Welsh people actually went to Cardiff Uni!) I secretly enjoy it when my accent comes out after a long nights drinking, but shhh, don't tell them that! They seem to like to take the piss! It would be nice to know more Welsh then I do. They say they teach it at school, but they don't really. I hardly learnt a thing. Funnilly enough, I went out today and got me a Welsh flag to take to V with me!

Krazy Cat
08-08-2004, 01:22 AM
I like being Welsh loads :happy: and even more so when it comes to being so around my mates. They are all English (I don't think many Welsh people actually went to Cardiff Uni!) I secretly enjoy it when my accent comes out after a long nights drinking, but shhh, don't tell them that! They seem to like to take the piss! It would be nice to know more Welsh then I do. They say they teach it at school, but they don't really. I hardly learnt a thing. Funnilly enough, I went out today and got me a Welsh flag to take to V with me!

Yay!! Fly the Welsh flag! :D I can't go to 'V' so I'm hoping I'll see it on TV somewhere, I'll be looking for your flag! ;)

Bubble Wrap
08-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Yay!! Fly the Welsh flag! :D I can't go to 'V' so I'm hoping I'll see it on TV somewhere, I'll be looking for your flag! ;)

Indeed I shall be flying that flag, and rocking my little socks off!!! :D Keep an eye out for my flag, I will be the short blonde flag bearing nutter! I also intend to run off home and check the highlights to do some serious me spotting too!

Bubble Wrap
23-08-2004, 07:43 PM
I am pleased to report back to all fellow Welsh Musers that I flew my flag with pride! And gained a few New Zealanders along the way :) Muse were brilliant, and I had the time of my life. Hope some other Welsh Musers were there. The only Welsh people I spoke to weren't there to see them most of all.

Krazy Cat
08-09-2004, 01:56 PM
*bumps* Where are all the Welsh gone??? :stunned:

edwards666
08-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Any Welsh Musers going to Aberystwyth university?
Peter Edwards

Bubble Wrap
08-09-2004, 01:59 PM
*bumps* Where are all the Welsh gone??? :stunned:

Heya. I kept popping back, but noone else did. So i gave up :unsure: But nice to see we are back!

Krazy Cat
08-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Heya. I kept popping back, but noone else did. So i gave up :unsure: But nice to see we are back!

Hey! I see you enjoyed 'v' seems a long time ago now!! :D

And Peter, I'm far too old for uni! Sorry! :$

Bubble Wrap
08-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey! I see you enjoyed 'v' seems a long time ago now!! :D

And Peter, I'm far too old for uni! Sorry! :$

I certainly did enjoy it! It was a lovely day, and not one drop of rain. I also had a Welsh guy give me a 'We Love Europe' balloon, which I liberated during the Killers I think. I got got by the We Love Europe guy 'cause I had my flag with me. Same reason I found me some New Zealanders, who were absolutely lovely by the way :D

How is Wales at the moment. I miss it, I havn't been there for a month :'( But I am going back on Tuesday...phew!

Oh, and I'm afraid I went to Cardiff uni, so I'll be no help.

Krazy Cat
08-09-2004, 02:11 PM
I certainly did enjoy it! It was a lovely day, and not one drop of rain. I also had a Welsh guy give me a 'We Love Europe' balloon, which I liberated during the Killers I think. I got got by the We Love Europe guy 'cause I had my flag with me. Same reason I found me some New Zealanders, who were absolutely lovely by the way :D

How is Wales at the moment. I miss it, I havn't been there for a month :'( But I am going back on Tuesday...phew!

Sounds great, Ah New Zealanders are lovely :D
Wales - The sun is shining and has been for a couple of days, having summer late, as the weather hasn't been nice up and till now, but I'm afraid they say it will be raining by the weekend! :( BUt it might come back by the time you come home, you never know! ;) Nice weather for Barry! Haven't been there for a few years! :unsure: :D

Bubble Wrap
08-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Sounds great, Ah New Zealanders are lovely :D
Wales - The sun is shining and has been for a couple of days, having summer late, as the weather hasn't been nice up and till now, but I'm afraid they say it will be raining by the weekend! :( BUt it might come back by the time you come home, you never know! ;) Nice weather for Barry! Haven't been there for a few years! :unsure: :D

Oh, I feel like I have missed out actually seeing some sun shine in Wales. I mean it's lovely where I am too, but it's so unusual for it to not be raining!

You ought to go revisit Barry again some time. You know you've missed it really!

Krazy Cat
08-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Oh, I feel like I have missed out actually seeing some sun shine in Wales. I mean it's lovely where I am too, but it's so unusual for it to not be raining!

You ought to go revisit Barry again some time. You know you've missed it really!

I have missed it actually! ;) I hear it's lovely there now! And it's not too far away from me, so I may just do that! :D

Bubble Wrap
08-09-2004, 02:19 PM
I have missed it actually! ;) I hear it's lovely there now! And it's not too far away from me, so I may just do that! :D

I've missed it too, but it's home, so I'm bound to :(

It is really nice there, it's true. They could still blatantly improve it, but the beach is lovely when you think about it. Top tip is to not go to the main one. Go up and over the headland on the right as you look to the sea and you will find a much nicer one.

Krazy Cat
08-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Congratulations BY the way on getting your degree, I bet it was fun, wearing your cap and gown.

My sis just got a 2-1 in Politics and Philosphy in Swansea uni!! :D

Krazy Cat
08-09-2004, 02:21 PM
I've missed it too, but it's home, so I'm bound to :(

It is really nice there, it's true. They could still blatantly improve it, but the beach is lovely when you think about it. Top tip is to not go to the main one. Go up and over the headland on the right as you look to the sea and you will find a much nicer one.

Are the shows still there?? That's the part I liked when I was a child! :D

Bubble Wrap
08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Congratulations BY the way on getting your degree, I bet it was fun, wearing your cap and gown.

My sis just got a 2-1 in Politics and Philosphy in Swansea uni!! :D

Aww, thanks! :D It was so much fun. I want to do it again!!! (But without the work :unsure: ) I felt very wise for a whole day dressed up like that. And we got to chuck our caps in the air . Ooh, I'm smiling just thinking about it! The uni put on such a lovely day for us...thankyou again to Cardiff!!! Mine was 2:1 in Marine Geography.

I don't think thy have any shows there now :( Have to go all the way to Tenby for that one! But the ice cream is very very yummy there. And the sand is very good for castle building!

Krazy Cat
08-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Aww, thanks! :D It was so much fun. I want to do it again!!! (But without the work :unsure: ) I felt very wise for a whole day dressed up like that. And we got to chuck our caps in the air . Ooh, I'm smiling just thinking about it! The uni put on such a lovely day for us...thankyou again to Cardiff!!! Mine was 2:1 in Marine Geography.

I don't think thy have any shows there now :( Have to go all the way to Tenby for that one! But the ice cream is very very yummy there. And the sand is very good for castle building!

WOW! Sounds great!! :D Marine Geography, sounds hard work! :unsure:

And :eek: No shows! Oh well it's still worth a visit!
Oh well, I'd better make the most of the sun and go and sit in the garden! Hope it stays sunny for when you get back! :D Catch you later! :D

Bubble Wrap
08-09-2004, 02:31 PM
WOW! Sounds great!! :D Marine Geography, sounds hard work! :unsure:

And :eek: No shows! Oh well it's still worth a visit!
Oh well, I'd better make the most of the sun and go and sit in the garden! Hope it stays sunny for when you get back! :D Catch you later! :D

Marine Geog was so much work! I was doing about two essays per month per module. It takes it outta you after 3 years!

You enjoy the rest of your day. I'm off to get me a bottle of wine for this evening. See ya's! :happy:

fredjx
08-09-2004, 02:33 PM
anyone live near aberdare? i live in mountain ash!

Krazy Cat
08-09-2004, 02:35 PM
anyone live near aberdare? i live in mountain ash!

That's about 10 miles from me! :D

And Bubble - hope you enjoy your wine! See ya later!! ;)

Bubble Wrap
09-09-2004, 11:26 AM
That's about 10 miles from me! :D

And Bubble - hope you enjoy your wine! See ya later!! ;)

Mmmm, wine :happy: This is just a brief bubble wrap wine update, lol! It was a very enjoyable evening indeed.

Krazy Cat
09-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Mmmm, wine :happy: This is just a brief bubble wrap wine update, lol! It was a very enjoyable evening indeed.

Sounds enjoyable too!! :D I think I'll be having some wine soon, it's been a while! :D

Bubble Wrap
09-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Sounds enjoyable too!! :D I think I'll be having some wine soon, it's been a while! :D

I'm being taken out for a meal in a bit, so I may even get some more, who knows! But unlikely 'cause I always end up getting ID'd :$ and I can't be bothered taking any with me. I'm in my 20's! I don't deserve this madness!!!!

Krazy Cat
09-09-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm being taken out for a meal in a bit, so I may even get some more, who knows! But unlikely 'cause I always end up getting ID'd :$ and I can't be bothered taking any with me. I'm in my 20's! I don't deserve this madness!!!!

It's nice they think your young!! Make the most of it! ;) And enjoy your meal! Still sunny here by the way! :D

Bubble Wrap
09-09-2004, 03:11 PM
It's nice they think your young!! Make the most of it! ;) And enjoy your meal! Still sunny here by the way! :D

It's true. Whenever I get ID'd I always think it's a plus that I'm not going to look really old in a few years time. But then it's not that I look very young either. They just always go for the safe bet and ID me anyway. Doesn't happen so much in Wales funilly enough. Mostly in England.

I'm sure I will have a lovely time. I'm being taken out to celebrate my degree getting! Ooh, have you seen the weather forecast though? Gales and downpours they reckon by Sunday and Monday. And we're driving back Tuesday. So it best be ok!!!

Krazy Cat
09-09-2004, 03:21 PM
It's true. Whenever I get ID'd I always think it's a plus that I'm not going to look really old in a few years time. But then it's not that I look very young either. They just always go for the safe bet and ID me anyway. Doesn't happen so much in Wales funilly enough. Mostly in England.

I'm sure I will have a lovely time. I'm being taken out to celebrate my degree getting! Ooh, have you seen the weather forecast though? Gales and downpours they reckon by Sunday and Monday. And we're driving back Tuesday. So it best be ok!!!

:eek: Damn the weather, My sister is coming home Tuesday too, from America, she's been there 13 weeks, she will love that weather that's in store for her! :(

Maybe it will be champagne instead of wine then! If it's for your degree! ;)

Bubble Wrap
09-09-2004, 03:26 PM
:eek: Damn the weather, My sister is coming home Tuesday too, from America, she's been there 13 weeks, she will love that weather that's in store for her! :(

Maybe it will be champagne instead of wine then! If it's for your degree! ;)

Hey, never thought of that! Either way it's bound to be good. There will be no me paying or cooking or cleaning up after involved at all!!!

Right, I best go, we have to drive somewhere first to get to the people we are going with. Hope your sister has a safe trip as well.

Have a good night, see ya soon! :)

Krazy Cat
09-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey, never thought of that! Either way it's bound to be good. There will be no me paying or cooking or cleaning up after involved at all!!!

Right, I best go, we have to drive somewhere first to get to the people we are going with. Hope your sister has a safe trip as well.

Have a good night, see ya soon! :)

You have a great night too! ;) See ya later! :D

Bubble Wrap
09-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Waaah :'( I have developed a cold from no where! I want to be at home all tucked up in bed watching friends re runs on S4C :( ...with a lemsip!

Krazy Cat
10-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Waaah :'( I have developed a cold from no where! I want to be at home all tucked up in bed watching friends re runs on S4C :( ...with a lemsip!

Aww, you poor thing, Well not long till you get here, :D Although, coming home is going to make it worse I think, the rain has started :( And it's looking dreary (sp?)

Bubble Wrap
10-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Aww, you poor thing, Well not long till you get here, :D Although, coming home is going to make it worse I think, the rain has started :( And it's looking dreary (sp?)

Ah, well the rain has started where I am too anyway. Bleurgh, I have woken up feeling worse. And I'm meant to be going out later on too. I think I will just sit inthe corner with a bottle of water quietly and definitely not drink too much. I'll just watch everyone else get drunk!

Krazy Cat
10-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Ah, well the rain has started where I am too anyway. Bleurgh, I have woken up feeling worse. And I'm meant to be going out later on too. I think I will just sit inthe corner with a bottle of water quietly and definitely not drink too much. I'll just watch everyone else get drunk!

You may feel ok once you get out! I hope you do!
I was just laughing at your sig, about the bin lorry! And talking of Welsh do you speak it?? :D

Bubble Wrap
10-09-2004, 12:31 PM
You may feel ok once you get out! I hope you do!
I was just laughing at your sig, about the bin lorry! And talking of Welsh do you speak it?? :D

Lol, no I'm afraid I don't. I know the odd word here and there, but really we were taught it very badly. I do know the national anthem though, naturally :happy: I have tried to teach it to English's but it never sticks! I have considered learning Welsh properly, I mean I have the spare time nowadays.

The bin lorry always amused me. Beeping away and saying warning, vehicle reversing. If you didn't hear that or see it by that point, really the Welsh was no good!!!

Edit: I have officially lost the ability to control my temperature now. My head is burning and my eyes are hot :'(

Krazy Cat
11-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Lol, no I'm afraid I don't. I know the odd word here and there, but really we were taught it very badly. I do know the national anthem though, naturally :happy: I have tried to teach it to English's but it never sticks! I have considered learning Welsh properly, I mean I have the spare time nowadays.

The bin lorry always amused me. Beeping away and saying warning, vehicle reversing. If you didn't hear that or see it by that point, really the Welsh was no good!!!

Edit: I have officially lost the ability to control my temperature now. My head is burning and my eyes are hot :'(

No, I don't either, we wasn't taught it in school, :( I've tried to learn it, but it's too hard, and I only know bits of the anthem too, wasn't taught that either :$ must learn it properly ready for the rugby! :D

Hope you are feeling ok, with your cold, I mean! :D

Bubble Wrap
11-09-2004, 12:08 PM
No, I don't either, we wasn't taught it in school, :( I've tried to learn it, but it's too hard, and I only know bits of the anthem too, wasn't taught that either :$ must learn it properly ready for the rugby! :D

Hope you are feeling ok, with your cold, I mean! :D

I think the cold is on its way to improving. It's like I had every cold symptom going at double speed! :confused: I keep going hot and cold, but I have downed 2 big cartons of orange juice and lots of water. I think that's helped loads.

My brother doesn't know the anthem either. I have to admit, it does feel rather patriotic in the stadium, dressed in red belting it out before a nice rugby match! :D

lapinnin
13-09-2004, 08:20 AM
welsh accent is very nice! we love it in france!
and i hope i could have a welsh lover later! :p ;)

Bubble Wrap
13-09-2004, 06:49 PM
welsh accent is very nice! we love it in france!
and i hope i could have a welsh lover later! :p ;)

Yay! You love our accent :D . I like it too. Although mine only comes out very strong when I am drunk or very excited.

Do you know someone in Wales then? Like who you wanna go out with is it?

inn
14-09-2004, 06:36 AM
or very excited.

Might be just me but that sounds dodgey :D

Bubble Wrap
14-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Might be just me but that sounds dodgey :D

You know, now you mention it, it could sound a bit dodgy couldn't it :eek: Woops! I could always try to get out of this one by explaining what I meant, but I get the feeling I would just dig myself further into trouble. You know, saying things like, 'well, I mean THIS kind of excited'...

*Goes and gets a shovel to start digging now* :$ :LOL:

Mort
14-09-2004, 03:37 PM
I miss the Splot market.

Bubble Wrap
14-09-2004, 03:47 PM
I miss the Splot market.

There was a market there!?! Hmm, only market I know is the big main one in the centre. I love that place :happy: .

Mort
14-09-2004, 03:49 PM
There was a market there!?! Hmm, only market I know is the big main one in the centre. I love that place :happy: .
Splot has a market every Sunday. I think they do it on Wednesdays now too.

Bubble Wrap
14-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Splot has a market every Sunday. I think they do it on Wednesdays now too.

So much I did not know. I've only lived around here for...oooh, ever! I feel ashamed of myself :$ . But then again, I never go round Splott way anyway. It's my defence and I'm sticking to it!!!

Mort
14-09-2004, 03:53 PM
So much I did not know. I've only lived around here for...oooh, ever! I feel ashamed of myself :$ . But then again, I never go round Splott way anyway. It's my defence and I'm sticking to it!!!
Splott rules all! The market is ace. So much cheap, crappy crap.

Bubble Wrap
14-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Splott rules all! The market is ace. So much cheap, crappy crap.

Lol, I only ever pass by one of the roads into it on my travels to and from my parents house. But what about Cardiff market, with all its random foods and sweets and many many fabric stalls! I love the entrance to Cardiff market...so much seafood!

Mort
14-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Lol, I only ever pass by one of the roads into it on my travels to and from my parents house. But what about Cardiff market, with all its random foods and sweets and many many fabric stalls! I love the entrance to Cardiff market...so much seafood!
I'ver never actually been to the Cardiff markets.

Bubble Wrap
14-09-2004, 03:58 PM
I'ver never actually been to the Cardiff markets.

What!!!! :eek: Tis a fantastic place, all who visit Cardiff must go there :happy: So much random stuff, you caould spend all day in there. Ooh, look at me go, advertising Wales again, lol.

Mort
14-09-2004, 04:02 PM
What!!!! :eek: Tis a fantastic place, all who visit Cardiff must go there :happy: So much random stuff, you caould spend all day in there. Ooh, look at me go, advertising Wales again, lol.
I laways found my random market trawlings overly pleased by Splott. Has all the "off the back of a truck" items needed. Also, cheap arse hoodys, chains, shoes, wallets, phone cases, watches etc.

Bubble Wrap
14-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I laways found my random market trawlings overly pleased by Splott. Has all the "off the back of a truck" items needed. Also, cheap arse hoodys, chains, shoes, wallets, phone cases, watches etc.

Ah yes, I understand. We have a one like that in Barry every Tuesday I think it is. Could be wrong though, I always tend to avoid town on Market Day. Think I may go into Cardiff Centre tomorrow actually. Hmm, I'll give that some thought.

Pardon my total ignorance, lol, but where you from then?

Mort
14-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Ah yes, I understand. We have a one like that in Barry every Tuesday I think it is. Could be wrong though, I always tend to avoid town on Market Day. Think I may go into Cardiff Centre tomorrow actually. Hmm, I'll give that some thought.

Pardon my total ignorance, lol, but where you from then?
Origionaly from London, now residing in Brisbane Australia. But my dads from Carephilly and my Nan and Uncle still live there.

Bubble Wrap
14-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Origionaly from London, now residing in Brisbane Australia. But my dads from Carephilly and my Nan and Uncle still live there.

Ah ha! I see. So you visit. Yep, that makes sense. I take it you like it round these here parts then!?

Matthew
14-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Neil, if you ever come on these parts....

we need to sort meeting out in Cardiff sometime mate :cool:

inn
15-09-2004, 06:12 AM
You know, now you mention it, it could sound a bit dodgy couldn't it :eek: Woops! I could always try to get out of this one by explaining what I meant, but I get the feeling I would just dig myself further into trouble. You know, saying things like, 'well, I mean THIS kind of excited'...

*Goes and gets a shovel to start digging now* :$ :LOL:

Don't worry I'm just picking on you in prep for spork fighting ;) it's just the way you said 'very excited' as oppose to just 'excited'

Bubble Wrap
15-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Don't worry I'm just picking on you in prep for spork fighting ;) it's just the way you said 'very excited' as oppose to just 'excited'

Oh, that's it! You just got me and my spork veeeery angry! ;) Almost as very angry as the very in very excited!!!

Hmmm, how many verys can I fit into one post, lol.

And this time I'm actually in Wales, on my home turf too. Ooh, reminds me, I gotta go into the city centre, and leave in about 10 minutes. Eep.

Krazy Cat
15-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Bubble - you brought the sun with you?? :D Or was it my sis, that brought it back from America! I hope it lasts anyway.

Mort - I remember Splot, I haven't been there in ages!! As you said great for cheap, things! :D

Mort
15-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Neil, if you ever come on these parts....

we need to sort meeting out in Cardiff sometime mate :cool:
Well I havent been back to visit since I moved over here. So its been nearly 2 years since I was last there. But yeah, I love Cardiff.

Jo- Splots awsome for cheap crap. And heavily sugar coated doughnuts. And big fat cheese burgers with egg in them.

Krazy Cat
15-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Jo- Splots awsome for cheap crap. And heavily sugar coated doughnuts. And big fat cheese burgers with egg in them.

Oh yes, I remember the doughnuts, not sure I've had the cheeseburger though, Don't know if I'd trust it!! :LOL:

Mort
15-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Oh yes, I remember the doughnuts, not sure I've had the cheeseburger though, Don't know if I'd trust it!! :LOL:
They're quite tasty actualy. Although, yeah, health and safety would probably have a field day with them.

Krazy Cat
15-09-2004, 02:14 PM
They're quite tasty actualy. Although, yeah, health and safety would probably have a field day with them.

:LOL: :LOL: Yeah they probably would!! :D

Bubble Wrap
15-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Bubble - you brought the sun with you?? :D Or was it my sis, that brought it back from America! I hope it lasts anyway.

Mort - I remember Splot, I haven't been there in ages!! As you said great for cheap, things! :D

It was me!!! I brought the sun! I want the praise and glory for it! :D It would be nice for it to last. I got to wander round town in sleeveless top for a change :eek: .

Edit: Glad your sister made it back safely. And I just got offered to apply for a job that I can't do :( Damn technicalities :'(

sheep1989
15-09-2004, 07:31 PM
It was me!!! I brought the sun! I want the praise and glory for it! :D It would be nice for it to last. I got to wander round town in sleeveless top for a change :eek: .

Edit: Glad your sister made it back safely. And I just got offered to apply for a job that I can't do :( Damn technicalities :'(

Hello Bubble Wrap and other welshes
:D thought id post my first message here as it was Bubble Wrap who brought me into the world of muse praise her *claps* any ways hope ur all doing well i wish i was in wales as britain stinks and i mean it stinks cant wait till i leave schoo so cool Bubble bring the sun bck and ur self and riding was s**t 2day as u werent there DAMN u did u get the other job? :confused: :eek: :'( very upset need mental help

Bubble Wrap
15-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Hello Bubble Wrap and other welshes
:D thought id post my first message here as it was Bubble Wrap who brought me into the world of muse praise her *claps* any ways hope ur all doing well i wish i was in wales as britain stinks and i mean it stinks cant wait till i leave schoo so cool Bubble bring the sun bck and ur self and riding was s**t 2day as u werent there DAMN u did u get the other job? :confused: :eek: :'( very upset need mental help

Hehe! I'm taking the weather all round Britain. I'm like a one woman travelling weather show! Come to Wales soon m'dear! And we shall go to the Welsh Hawking centre, and have fun in Cardiff City Centre all day. No job as yet I'm afraid :(

sheep1989
15-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Hehe! I'm taking the weather all round Britain. I'm like a one woman travelling weather show! Come to Wales soon m'dear! And we shall go to the Welsh Hawking centre, and have fun in Cardiff City Centre all day. No job as yet I'm afraid :(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( No words to say just tears to roll i need advice can i came to wales?

Bubble Wrap
15-09-2004, 07:53 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( No words to say just tears to roll i need advice can i came to wales?

Of course you can! It's all good down here you know :) Wales makes it all better. I may even get drunk so you can hear my accent properly!

sheep1989
15-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Of course you can! It's all good down here you know :) Wales makes it all better. I may even get drunk so you can hear my accent properly!

WAY KWL
yeh any1 else wanna get drunk wit us free for all?? :rolleyes:

Krazy Cat
16-09-2004, 09:47 AM

Well, I'll thankyou then!! And It's still here, don't think it will last though, they say the rain is on it's way!! :stunned:
What do you mean a job you can't do?

And Sheep Welcome to the Welsh thread and the board!! ;)

Bubble Wrap
16-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Well, I'll thankyou then!! And It's still here, don't think it will last though, they say the rain is on it's way!! :stunned:
What do you mean a job you can't do?

And Sheep Welcome to the Welsh thread and the board!! ;)

Hehe! i get to take the glory for bringing Sheep too! Yay! She loves her sheep that one :happy:

Well it's a job with the environment agency. It's just the sort of place that I was after working for. The mail was at home so my mum opened it and read it to me, and it was all so promising. Then all of a sudden...'all environmental officers MUST be able to drive'. I can't drive, I have never been able to learn. :'( See, no job, no money, no lessons. It's all a bit disheartening really :(

Krazy Cat
16-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Hehe! i get to take the glory for bringing Sheep too! Yay! She loves her sheep that one :happy:

Well it's a job with the environment agency. It's just the sort of place that I was after working for. The mail was at home so my mum opened it and read it to me, and it was all so promising. Then all of a sudden...'all environmental officers MUST be able to drive'. I can't drive, I have never been able to learn. :'( See, no job, no money, no lessons. It's all a bit disheartening really :(

Oh! :stunned: That's a big shame, well, there will be more jobs out there for you! ;)

Bubble Wrap
16-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Oh! :stunned: That's a big shame, well, there will be more jobs out there for you! ;)

Yeah, I'm going to town now and then to ask people to employ. I feel like a big job whore, lol! Still waiting to hear from Techniquest too. Ah well, this time in a year I may be doing a diploma anyway :)

Omen
17-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Wooooooo!! Other Welsh Musers!! I live in cardiff and am pure welsh and proud of it!

Bubble Wrap
18-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Hello Omen!!! You're a Cardiffian too!!! It's all good, aside from the weather lately that is, lol. See you round here! :happy:

Edit: I'm afraid I have to withdraw my previous statement...it's now lovely and sunny in the capital!

Krazy Cat
18-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Wooooooo!! Other Welsh Musers!! I live in cardiff and am pure welsh and proud of it!

Wow! You really like Muse aye?? :D *points at sig* ;)

And I love your avatar by the way!

I live not too far from Cardiff too. And the weather is great for once!! Yay!!

Bubble - Oooh Diploma sounds good, but enjoy your year off too! ;)

Bubble Wrap
18-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Bubble - Oooh Diploma sounds good, but enjoy your year off too! ;)

You're right :happy: . I should just use this year to totally rock out. It's about time. First time I've not been in full time education...ever!!! Woo! Rock my socks off! *Cough* Sorry about that, lol! :LOL:

Krazy Cat
18-09-2004, 03:53 PM
You're right :happy: . I should just use this year to totally rock out. It's about time. First time I've not been in full time education...ever!!! Woo! Rock my socks off! *Cough* Sorry about that, lol! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: yes you need a rest after uni!! It's exactly like my sis, she is looking for a job too, after 3 years of uni, we've talked about that, I think ;) She may go back next year and do her masters. And I've said the same to her, to enjoy the year, she likes travelling so I think she'll concentrate on that this year! :D

Rock your socks off sounds a great idea!! :LOL:

inn
23-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh, that's it! You just got me and my spork veeeery angry! ;) Almost as very angry as the very in very excited!!!

Hmmm, how many verys can I fit into one post, lol.

Stop being silly, I can outspork you anyday :p

sheep1989
23-09-2004, 07:44 PM
erm can anyone tell me what hello and goodbye are in welsh 'cause the one welsh person i know has no idea :confused:

Scary_Music
23-09-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm from the Hell Hole that is Flintshire in North East Wales :indiff:

Bubble Wrap
23-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Stop being silly, I can outspork you anyday :p

*Gasp* :eek: What you talking about!?! I can not be out sporked. That's a scientific fact you know!

I'm not familiar with Flintshire. :unsure: I'm all down in the South part see.

And Sheep. Hello is Hylo and Goodbye is Hwyl! :happy:

Neil
23-09-2004, 08:08 PM
erm can anyone tell me what hello and goodbye are in welsh 'cause the one welsh person i know has no idea :confused:

er...theres quite a few really

sut mae

that translates directly into 'how are you?' but its used as a greeting, and Shwmae is a variation of that. The other person would simply reply with the same thing

or theres Hylo, which is simple

Hwyl is goodbye I think

sheep1989
23-09-2004, 08:08 PM
*Gasp* :eek: What you talking about!?! I can not be out sporked. That's a scientific fact you know!

YOU CAN BE OUT SPORKED we shall raise an army and out spork you ..... there i go again...

i go with bubble where the hell is flintshire?

thank you HWY!!!

sheep1989
23-09-2004, 08:09 PM

sut mae

that translates directly into 'how are you?' but its used as a greeting, and Shwmae is a variation of that. The other person would simply reply with the same thing

Hwyl is goodbye I think

which spelling is write hwy or hwyl?

Bubble Wrap
23-09-2004, 08:12 PM
which spelling is write hwy or hwyl?

Lol, Flintshire is North Wales! I've just never been there is all. It's hwyl by the way.

And the sporking is between me and inn!!! :LOL: (I'll have you and all your sporks! ;) )

sheep1989
23-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Lol, Flintshire is North Wales! I've just never been there is all. It's hwyl by the way.

And the sporking is between me and inn!!! :LOL: (I'll have you and all your sporks! ;) )

PEDLEY JUST SENT ME AN EMAIL I DONT WANNA LOOK :'(

Krazy Cat
24-09-2004, 02:34 PM

sut mae

Hwyl is goodbye I think

I thought it was Boredar (hello) and Nosta (goodbye) or is that goodnight??? :confused:

Anyway, I'm always wrong when it comes to Welsh, :D

Bubble Wrap
24-09-2004, 02:36 PM
I thought it was Boredar (hello) and Nosta (goodbye) or is that goodnight??? :confused:

Anyway, I'm always wrong when it comes to Welsh, :D

Ah ha! My GCSE shall kick in again. But as I'm really bad at this, anyone feel free to correct me.

Bore Da is Good morning
Nos Da is Good night

:D *Feels proud* :LOL:

Krazy Cat
24-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Ah ha! My GCSE shall kick in again. But as I'm really bad at this, anyone feel free to correct me.

Bore Da is Good morning
Nos Da is Good night

:D *Feels proud* :LOL:

:D Oh well, I'm not far off, and they are the same as hello and goodbye really! ;)

*you should feel proud* I really must start learning, but my brain cells don't seem to be working these days!! :LOL:

Bubble Wrap
24-09-2004, 02:40 PM
:D Oh well, I'm not far off, and they are the same as hello and goodbye really! ;)

*you should feel proud* I really must start learning, but my brain cells don't seem to be working these days!! :LOL:

Ooh, thankyou :happy: . I am all on my lonesome later on so I may put the time to use and see what I can remember from the BBC learning zone :cool:

Krazy Cat
24-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Ooh, thankyou :happy: . I am all on my lonesome later on so I may put the time to use and see what I can remember from the BBC learning zone :cool:

A bottle of wine and BBC learning zone??? :D

Bubble Wrap
24-09-2004, 02:44 PM
A bottle of wine and BBC learning zone??? :D

Oh, see, now I want a bottle of wine! :( All I seem to have is citrus vodka...and no mixer. And it's not technically mine either. Although I was told I could drink it when I wanted...ooh, dillema!

It looks like it will just be BBC learning zone and a cowboy hat instead then!

Krazy Cat
24-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh, see, now I want a bottle of wine! :( All I seem to have is citrus vodka...and no mixer. And it's not technically mine either. Although I was told I could drink it when I wanted...ooh, dillema!

It looks like it will just be BBC learning zone and a cowboy hat instead then!

AH! The hat is better!!! Wine is over rated :LOL: (You can share mine)

*passes wine* :D

Bubble Wrap
24-09-2004, 02:55 PM
AH! The hat is better!!! Wine is over rated :LOL: (You can share mine)

*passes wine* :D

Woo! *Receives wine gratefully!*

I could always go to the shops for some coke or lemonade I guess, then I would have a mixer. Pop the lamp on later on, and chill out with some nice soft lighting...and not forgetting learning zone of course!

Edit: I do have a random bottle of Greek wine somewhere. I seem to be saving it for no real reason what so ever. But I think the coke plan is about to take off anyway! :D

Krazy Cat
24-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Woo! *Receives wine gratefully!*

I could always go to the shops for some coke or lemonade I guess, then I would have a mixer. Pop the lamp on later on, and chill out with some nice soft lighting...and not forgetting learning zone of course!

Edit: I do have a random bottle of Greek wine somewhere. I seem to be saving it for no real reason what so ever. But I think the coke plan is about to take off anyway! :D

Greek wine, what's that like then?? :confused: Sounds good anyway!! :D
Yay!! Well whatever you have it's Friday and you enjoy yourself!! :D

Bubble Wrap
24-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Greek wine, what's that like then?? :confused: Sounds good anyway!! :D
Yay!! Well whatever you have it's Friday and you enjoy yourself!! :D

I have no idea what Greek wine's like. I'm still hiding it! I hear it's good, but I've never tried any :unsure:

And it is friday isn't it! Yay! Time to rock out some more :D

Krazy Cat
24-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I have no idea what Greek wine's like. I'm still hiding it! I hear it's good, but I've never tried any :unsure:

And it is friday isn't it! Yay! Time to rock out some more :D

Yes !!! You ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!! Go girl!! :LOL:

Bubble Wrap
24-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Yes !!! You ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!! Go girl!! :LOL:

I will....and the cowboy hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krazy Cat
24-09-2004, 03:54 PM
I will....and the cowboy hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: Yes and the Cowboy hat!! *runs off to get camera* See you later!! :D

Bubble Wrap
24-09-2004, 07:03 PM
:LOL: :LOL: Yes and the Cowboy hat!! *runs off to get camera* See you later!! :D

I would like to report at this point, that as I was rocking, the cowboy hat did infact come off!!!!

Now, to get rid of the socks....*shifty eyes!*

Hope your night's good!

inn
27-09-2004, 04:39 PM

Well you're going to have to change that fact because you've met your match!

*pretends to be welsh and hides in thread*

theimpressiveclergyman
27-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Well you're going to have to change that fact because you've met your match!

*pretends to be welsh and hides in thread*
Can I nest here too? I like Welsh folk... :D

inn
27-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Can I nest here too? I like Welsh folk... :D

wooo yay join me :D

*gets a pet sheep*

theimpressiveclergyman
27-09-2004, 04:48 PM
wooo yay join me :D

*gets a pet sheep*
Huzzah! :D

*struggles with Welsh spelling*

inn
27-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Huzzah! :D

*struggles with Welsh spelling*

*pretends to be a welsh person who doesn't know any welsh but had a pet sheep*

theimpressiveclergyman
27-09-2004, 04:54 PM
*pretends to be a welsh person who doesn't know any welsh but had a pet sheep*

It can be done!!
..Probably... :unsure:

Er.. Cymru.. Sianel.. That's my limit. :$

Bubble Wrap
27-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Lol, you guys! I've popped in here to see what's going on, and everyone has a sheep for a pet! :LOL:

Oh you better believe I will beat you inn, me and my spork, coupled with the cowboy hat I'm wearing...winning combination!

inn
27-09-2004, 04:57 PM
It can be done!!
..Probably... :unsure:

Er.. Cymru.. Sianel.. That's my limit. :$

well beats me already I know erm.....nothing :D

*pats sheep on head*

inn
27-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh you better believe I will beat you inn, me and my spork, coupled with the cowboy hat I'm wearing...winning combination!

I have a gangster stylee hat... HA! I win so there...

Bubble Wrap
27-09-2004, 05:04 PM

But I rocked out in my cowboy hat til it fell off my head.....AND I probably know more Welsh than you!!!! :LOL:

inn
27-09-2004, 05:08 PM
But I rocked out in my cowboy hat til it fell off my head.....AND I probably know more Welsh than you!!!! :LOL:

I have a pet sheepy :p

I win!

Bubble Wrap
27-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I have a pet sheepy :p

I win!

Hmm. This is not over yet. Oh no, you mark my Welsh words...not over!!! Mwahahaha!

You just wait til I get back to Wolvo! :LOL:

inn
27-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Hmm. This is not over yet. Oh no, you mark my Welsh words...not over!!! Mwahahaha!

You just wait til I get back to Wolvo! :LOL:

we should have sheep wars :D

Bubble Wrap
27-09-2004, 05:17 PM
we should have sheep wars :D

Hehe, sheep wars. Well, as my night shall be spent drinking, and we all know how that helps come up with ideas like that, I'll have a ponder on the logistics of said wars! :LOL:

fredjx
27-09-2004, 05:25 PM
howdy all! i'm from wales too :cool:

theimpressiveclergyman
27-09-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm wearing a 20s-style beaded skullcap. Beat that. :unsure: :LOL:

SOMEBODY TEACH ME WELSH!! ..Just like that. :D

Bubble Wrap
27-09-2004, 06:10 PM

I just came back in to get my towel to have a shower, and felt I had to reply to this. That is a fantastic hat!!! :happy:

I'm still trying to learn Welsh :LOL:

Hello Fredjx!!! Where abouts you from round Wales?

theimpressiveclergyman
27-09-2004, 06:22 PM
I just came back in to get my towel to have a shower, and felt I had to reply to this. That is a fantastic hat!!! :happy:

I'm still trying to learn Welsh :LOL:

I'll take a picture later. :D

:LOL: Fair enough.

Bubble Wrap
27-09-2004, 06:45 PM
I'll take a picture later. :D

:LOL: Fair enough.

I really want to see the hat! I can't wait for the picture. I really must get a photo of me and the cowboy hat too then! Somewhere I have a white fluffy hat, and I'm going to buy a bobble one soon too for the cold Welsh winters! :D

I'm off again now, lol! :LOL:

theimpressiveclergyman
27-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I really want to see the hat! I can't wait for the picture. I really must get a photo of me and the cowboy hat too then! Somewhere I have a white fluffy hat, and I'm going to buy a bobble one soon too for the cold Welsh winters! :D

I'm off again now, lol! :LOL:
'Tis in the What Are You Wearing thread. :happy:

Bubble Wrap
27-09-2004, 08:14 PM
'Tis in the What Are You Wearing thread. :happy:

Oh my word :eek: !!! That hat is amazing!!! :happy: I love it!!!

You star! :D

inn
28-09-2004, 05:36 PM

*mumbles*

I don't...have anymore hats :(

*continues pretending to be welsh*

Bubble Wrap
28-09-2004, 05:39 PM
I bought a new hat today!

*Continues being Welsh!* :LOL:

inn
28-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Well I'm excused because I'm not a hat person anyway :p

Hmm maybe I should learn some random welsh phases just to help keep my cover up a bit :unsure:

Someone teach me welsh for 'The sheep are my friends' :D

Bubble Wrap
28-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Well I'm excused because I'm not a hat person anyway :p

Hmm maybe I should learn some random welsh phases just to help keep my cover up a bit :unsure:

Someone teach me welsh for 'The sheep are my friends' :D

That's a good one to know! I wish I could say that in Welsh :(

I'm still using BBC learning zone for my Welsh lessons. Trouble is I'm not being a regular visitor there. It goes in one ear and out the other.

I do, however, know my national anthem! :D

theimpressiveclergyman
28-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I do, however, know my national anthem! :D
Well, go on... :D

inn
28-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Oh oh oh I this i have to see!

Bubble Wrap
28-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Well, go on... :D

Hehe, it's coming right up, I haven't had to spell it for years!

Wait right there....

I think there are more verses aswell, but these are the only bits I've ever had to sing :unsure:

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion enwoggion o fri
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr gwladgarwyr tra mad
Tros ryddid collasant eu gwaed

Gwlad gwlad pleidiol wyf im gwlad
Tra mor yn fur ir bur hoff bau
O bydded ir hen iaith bar hau

inn
28-09-2004, 06:05 PM
hmm well that's a tasty mouthful isn't it

I wouldn't know where to start with pronoucing rather than actually trying to sing it :stunned:

theimpressiveclergyman
28-09-2004, 06:08 PM

Wait right there....

I think there are more verses aswell, but these are the only bits I've ever had to sing :unsure:

*whistles* Whassit mean?

I can hit you with the Irish one.. If you want... :unsure:

Bubble Wrap
28-09-2004, 06:08 PM
hmm well that's a tasty mouthful isn't it

I wouldn't know where to start with pronoucing rather than actually trying to sing it :stunned:

You know when I look at it written down it does seem like a mouthful. We have to sing it right through school here, so I guess it just got stuck in my mind. It's not so hard really! :happy:

Did ya think I couldn't do it! :)

*whistles* Whassit mean?

Erm, that I couldn't say... I could find out though :unsure:

Yeah go on then, I've never seen the Irish one :D

inn
28-09-2004, 06:17 PM
You know when I look at it written down it does seem like a mouthful. We have to sing it right through school here, so I guess it just got stuck in my mind. It's not so hard really! :happy:

Did ya think I couldn't do it! :)

Make an mp3 of you singing it :LOL:

And yea I got that too with the sodding school hymn from high school...no wait...*tries to remember it*

woo I think it's gone at last!

Bubble Wrap
28-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Make an mp3 of you singing it :LOL:

And yea I got that too with the sodding school hymn from high school...no wait...*tries to remember it*

woo I think it's gone at last!

Hehe, I can get out of that one by not knowing how to make an mp3...Phew!

theimpressiveclergyman
28-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Erm, that I couldn't say... I could find out though :unsure:

Yeah go on then, I've never seen the Irish one :D
Heh heh.

Er..

Sinne Fianna fáil, atá Fá gheal ag Éirinn
Buidhean dár sluagh.. Bugger it, these fadhas are annoying..
It's too long.

Sinne Fianna Fáil,
Atá Fá gheall ag Éirinn,
Buidhean dár sluagh tar rúinn do ráinig chughainn:
Fámhoídh bheírh saor,
Sean-tír ár sinnsear feasta
Ní fágfar fá'n tíorán ná fa'n tráil;
Anocht a theigeamh sa bhearna baoghail,
Le gean ar Gaedhí chun báis nó saoghail,
Le gunna sgréach: Fá lamhach na piléar.
Seo Libh canaidh amhrán na bhFiann.

Seo dhibh a cháirde duan oglaidh
Caithréimeach, bríoghmhar, ceolmhar.
Ár dteinte cnámh go buacach táid,
`S an spéir go min réaltógach.
Is fionmhar faobhrach sinn chun gleo
'S go tiúnmhar glé roimh tigheacht do'n ló,
Fa ciúnas chaoimh na h-oidhche ar seol,
Seo libh, canaídh amhrán na bhFiann.

Cois banta réidhe, ar árdaibh sléibhe.
Ba bhuadhach ár rinnsear romhainn,
Ag lámhach go tréan fá'n sár- bhrat séin
Tá thuas sa ghaoith go seolta;
Ba dhúthchas riamh d'ár gcine cháidh
Gan iompáil riar ó imirt áir,
'Siubhal mar iad i gcoinnibh rámhaid
Seo libh, canaidh amhrán na bhFiann.

A buidhean nach fann d'fuil Ghaoidheal is Gall
Sinn breacadh lae na saoirse,
Tá sgéimhle 's sgannradh í gcroidhthibh namhad,
Roimh ranngaibh laochra ár dtíre;
Ár dteinte is tréith gan spréach anois,
Sin luinne ghlé san spéir anoir,
'S an bíodhbha i raon na bpiléar agaibh:
Seo libh, canaidh amhrán na bhFiann.

Copy and paste is my friend... :happy:

Bubble Wrap
28-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Oh my word! That's longer than the full Welsh one, and I didn't even put it all in! I wouldn't know where to start pronouncing that lot! :eek:

Ooh, copy and paste...I wrote mine out!!! ;)

Bubble Wrap
30-09-2004, 05:06 PM
*Looks around* Where have all the Welsh people gone? :stunned:

Neil
30-09-2004, 05:09 PM

Wait right there....

Memories! We had to sing that ALLLLL the time, what a tune
:LOL:

Bubble Wrap
30-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Memories! We had to sing that ALLLLL the time, what a tune

Hehe, yay! A fellow Welsh person! It is a stonking tune. Every year, in school, dressed up as a little Welsh lady...those were the days! :happy:

Still nice to sing it in the stadium before the rugby!

inn
01-10-2004, 10:18 AM

They've ran away! :ohmy:

*hides behind sheep*

Bubble Wrap
01-10-2004, 10:19 AM
They've ran away! :ohmy:

*hides behind sheep*

They do appear to. I shall just sit here and hum the national anthem to myself then :LOL:

*I can see you behind that sheep y'know* :p

inn
01-10-2004, 10:21 AM
They do appear to. I shall just sit here and hum the national anthem to myself then :LOL:

*I can see you behind that sheep y'know* :p

No you can't...it's a big wooly sheep...

Bubble Wrap
01-10-2004, 10:32 AM
No you can't...it's a big wooly sheep...

*Fetches sheers* :D

Ah, what a fantastic sheepy land I do live in indeed! :LOL:

inn
01-10-2004, 10:39 AM
*Fetches sheers* :D

Ah, what a fantastic sheepy land I do live in indeed! :LOL:

:ohmy: don't kill my sheepy!

Bubble Wrap
01-10-2004, 10:40 AM
:ohmy: don't kill my sheepy!

I would never kill your sheepy! Just, sorta, de-woolify him! :D

inn
01-10-2004, 10:50 AM
I would never kill your sheepy! Just, sorta, de-woolify him! :D

Dehead him more like :( Who said you were a trained sheepy de-woolier hmm hmmm??

Bubble Wrap
01-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Dehead him more like :( Who said you were a trained sheepy de-woolier hmm hmmm??

I said so!!! Mwahahaha! It won't hurt him, and it's lovely and sunny in South Wales today, so he'll feel nice and cool without his wool :cool:

inn
01-10-2004, 11:09 AM
I said so!!! Mwahahaha! It won't hurt him, and it's lovely and sunny in South Wales today, so he'll feel nice and cool without his wool :cool:

But it'll get cold at night and he won't like it :(

I want to see some qualifications first before you come near my sheepy with those shears!

Krazy Cat
01-10-2004, 11:29 AM

Still here! :D reading the anthem!! :D

Bubble Wrap
01-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Still here! :D reading the anthem!! :D

Does it bring back memories of having to dress up as a Welsh lady in school, or is that just me!? :LOL:

Krazy Cat
01-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Does it bring back memories of having to dress up as a Welsh lady in school, or is that just me!? :LOL:

It does indeed! :$ Damn hats, could never keep it on !! :LOL:

And it reminds me of the 6 nations, can't wait for the next one! I just read further up about sheep and shearing, heres a pic of this years shearing! ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/perkins65@hotmail.com/poorsheep.jpg

Bubble Wrap
01-10-2004, 12:10 PM
It does indeed! :$ Damn hats, could never keep it on !! :LOL:

And it reminds me of the 6 nations, can't wait for the next one! I just read further up about sheep and shearing, heres a pic of this years shearing! ;)

I know I shouldn't laugh at the sheep, but they always look so funny when they have just been sheared! :LOL:

Ah, I used to keep my hat on with pretty little white ribbons tied underneath *Puts on innocent little angel face!*

Krazy Cat
01-10-2004, 12:20 PM
I know I shouldn't laugh at the sheep, but they always look so funny when they have just been sheared! :LOL:

Ah, I used to keep my hat on with pretty little white ribbons tied underneath *Puts on innocent little angel face!*

:LOL: I know their own lambs don't know who they are! It's quite funny watching it, I had a go to once, but I'm too concious that I'll hurt them! :D

I had mine tied with ribbon too, but didn't like it around my neck like that, a bit chocky! *giggles at nic with the angel expression*

Bubble Wrap
01-10-2004, 12:24 PM
:LOL: I know their own lambs don't know who they are! It's quite funny watching it, I had a go to once, but I'm too concious that I'll hurt them! :D

I had mine tied with ribbon too, but didn't like it around my neck like that, a bit chocky! *giggles at nic with the angel expression*

Ooh, I wouldn't wanna have a go at that either, poor thing would end up as lamb chops! Aww, bless the little lambs, not knowing who to go too!

It was ok for the guys, they just had to wear a shirt, trousers and hold a leek all day! We had to get fully kitted out!

*Looks even more angelic*

Krazy Cat
01-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Ooh, I wouldn't wanna have a go at that either, poor thing would end up as lamb chops! Aww, bless the little lambs, not knowing who to go too!

It was ok for the guys, they just had to wear a shirt, trousers and hold a leek all day! We had to get fully kitted out!

*Looks even more angelic*

:LOL: Yes, smelly leeks, but I felt so proud in my welsh outfit!! :D (welsh and angelic, hmmmm, that would be a strannge combination) :LOL: I'm joking of course.

inn
04-10-2004, 11:24 AM

My sheeepyy!! :eek:

Bubble Wrap
04-10-2004, 11:41 AM
*covers inns eyes!*

It's ok, just hum the national anthem, and think about paisley print shawls!

inn
04-10-2004, 11:43 AM
You hurt my sheepy :(

Bubble Wrap
22-10-2004, 01:03 PM
The Welsh are coming to Earls Court!!!!!!!! :D

christoph
22-10-2004, 09:59 PM
and me!

i might be going on the 20th now tho.

Bubble Wrap
22-10-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm off on the 19th to see them :D I can't wait!

V was great, but this is their own gig...first time I'll see them at their own :happy:

christoph
23-10-2004, 09:54 PM
or not.

they sold out! :'(

inn
26-10-2004, 10:02 AM
The Welsh are coming to Earls Court!!!!!!!! :D

Will you bring sheepy? ;)

Bubble Wrap
27-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Will you bring sheepy? ;)

I'll see what I can smuggle on in! :LOL:

Krazy Cat
27-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I'll see what I can smuggle on in! :LOL:

:LOL: Not a real one I hope! :D

Bubble Wrap
27-10-2004, 03:41 PM
:LOL: Not a real one I hope! :D

Hehe...into the pit

"Release....the SHEEP!"

inn
01-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Moshing sheepy :D

Loopy_Cloz
05-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Bore Da..OPPS! Pnawn Da... i cannot remeber what evening is :rolleyes: !
Im born in Colchester however i moved to N.Wales when i was little and have grown up in a small town called Ruthin (*god its SO broing here) (*i also have cousins from Swansea)

I found out the other day its a rule in my school to put the welsh first even thought there is FAR more english than welsh..and it was complusory for me to do Welsh once a week durning GCSE and only gain half a gcse? WHat is the point in that...n e way i got a C (*tickin boxes aint THAT hard!!!)

I dont know anyone else in Wales who is a fantic MUse fan like me :'( !!
And your lucky in S.Wales you get GLC or Lost Prophets singing in Cardiff etc!! Nearest to me is Liverpool or Manchester¬!!! :'( !!!

HELO my fellow welsh muser nice to know there is a welsh thread!

CYRMU AM BYD (*a fav sayin from my mates!)

Bubble Wrap
05-11-2004, 07:18 PM
HELO my fellow welsh muser nice to know there is a welsh thread!

CYRMU AM BYD (*a fav sayin from my mates!)

Hello fellow Welsh muse fan! How are ya?

Hehe, this was one of the first threads I found on joining here :)

christoph
23-11-2004, 04:20 PM
ahhh got a standing ticket for 20th when they were re-released!

WOOOOOOOO!

theimpressiveclergyman
06-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Could someone tell me how to pronouce Rhys Ifans's name, as I'm sure I'm getting it wrong.. :unsure:

Bubble Wrap
06-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Could someone tell me how to pronouce Rhys Ifans's name, as I'm sure I'm getting it wrong.. :unsure:

Hmm, well the Rhys bit is pretty normal, like you'd normally say Rhys...like Rees. If you're being very Welsh, then the 'h' part of it is prounced a bit more, but I can't find a way to say that over the net!

And even though I'm Welsh, I have no doubt been pronouncing his name wrong all along, but I say Ifans as in...

Iv ans. The Iv bit sounding like 'if' with a 'v' instead of an 'f' and the ans bit sounding like and just with an 's' and the end instead of a 'd'.

christoph
10-12-2004, 05:50 PM
think you have to roll your tounge for the R in Rhys, and then it's a very strong If-ans for Ivans.

think that's right :happy:

Bubble Wrap
10-12-2004, 05:54 PM
think you have to roll your tounge for the R in Rhys, and then it's a very strong If-ans for Ivans.
think that's right :happy:

Yeah :) . That's sorta what I was getting at with the Rhys bit, like it's not a full roll but half way there and a very pronouncable 'h' sound. It's like having to blow a bit more air out for the h sound isn't it?

Easy way for anyone to remember the 'If' part of Ifans is that...

F = V
FF = F in Welsh!

Edit: Just realised I edited it totally incorrectly! That had me so confused there for a minute :$

Welsh_Hysteria
19-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Hello,
I'm Welsh and new so decided to post here!
do many people around here speak welsh?

Bubble Wrap
21-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Hello,
I'm Welsh and new so decided to post here!
do many people around here speak welsh?

Hello there! I don't speak Welsh, though now and then i do pop on BBCi to see what I can learn :$ I don't know about anyone else on the board who speaks welsh though.

Loopy_Cloz
26-12-2004, 09:18 PM
i just had a thought...
nadolig llawen!....i can only remmeber the song which was hammered into me durin my 5 yrs of secondary skool......
talkin welsh? well since not havin welsh lesson 4 ages i have totally lost touch and even 4got how 2 say 5 the other day!

christoph
19-01-2005, 03:09 PM
i think 5 is pump (pronounced pimp?) i think.

i was absolutely rubbish at welsh, and placed in a set that was too difficult for me, i got an E in the end.

Neil
19-01-2005, 04:38 PM
un
dai
tri
pedwar
pump
chwech
saith
oeth
naw
deg
un deg un
un deg dai
un deg tri
etc
or something similar :confused:

Bubble Wrap
19-01-2005, 05:44 PM
un
dai
tri
pedwar
pump
chwech
saith
oeth
naw
deg
un deg un
un deg dai
un deg tri
etc
or something similar :confused:

Ooh, 'ello 'ello, the Welsh thread came back to life! Yup that's it. Think I can count to about 20 or so before Iget stuck...but I still know the days of the week thanks to a quirky little song my old teacher taught me :happy:

Charlie_85
22-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Boreda, dwin hoffi MUSE!!
WELSH n bleeding proud if it man!! there is what i see as a downside tho... i am from GLC's neck of the woods, but i live in the nicer area of newport!! not the scutty parts hehe!! Ble rwyt ti'n byw?? Dwi'n byw un casnewydd. I think thats right?? we used welsh classes as a free period to be honest... not v.patriotic of us!! never mind!
hwyl

Loopy_Cloz
30-01-2005, 11:53 AM
yeah i remmber now....its easy number than french i think...like dau degg dau..2 10 2! french i found complicated!!!!!!

anyway......... everyone ok in the land of cymru?

Black Velvet
30-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Can I say hey too?
I'm not Welsh but coming to Wales soonish and I have a lovely red Wales Dragon :D

Loopy_Cloz
03-02-2005, 03:34 PM
wrth cwrs? no that not right...
most my family (*yes im english really just livin here!) has glass red ragon too...ive never thought to buy one myself becasue i see em everywhere!

Bubble Wrap
03-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Everything seems pretty good in the land of Wales at the moment...how's about for everyone else? :)

Klaartje...of course you can say hi! And I'm looking forward to you visiting! :happy:

Loopy_Cloz
05-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Come on WALES!!!!!!!
i dont know why i supported them (*i always religiously support england + cfc (*who r winning also!) (*not religious) ) BUT as a knock on effect im avoiding d pubs 2night.... ruthin is packed on a norm sat neva mind a allday session and WALES WINNING!!!

GO WALES GO WALES!

Bubble Wrap
05-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Ah ha...Wales what a match! On the edge of my seat jittering about for almost the whole thing. I so wish I could've got tickets to it! :D

Bubble Wrap
12-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Everyone see the match? That was rather nice :happy:

polka_dot_princess
14-02-2005, 06:41 PM
I live in Wales....not Welsh tho :LOL:

Loopy_Cloz
14-02-2005, 07:10 PM
like most of us on here!!
wales won AGAIN!!! (*i realised when i got 2 town at 8:30 and most of the towns ppl were already stuck 2 d floor rollin around which usually happens about 1 not 8!!

Josh
22-02-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm 1/4 welsh! :cool: :D

Loopy_Cloz
22-02-2005, 08:44 PM
heheh
Wales fact for ya.....
3 million people.....9 million sheep!

(*had wondered y ppl called em sheep shaggers wen little but now i realise!)

Jazzlady
27-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Y diwrnod roedd Ewthyr Barti'n dod adre rhuthrodd Siani o'i chartref i lawr i'r harbwr bach lle'r oedden nhw wedi trefnu i gwrdd.

Doilch ac nos da.

polka_dot_princess
27-02-2005, 08:19 AM
We should have a big-ass meetup of Welsh fans...if it hasn't already been done.

Bubble Wrap
01-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Happy Saint Davids Day fellow Welshies!

Now...everyone eat lots of Welsh cakes! :D

Loopy_Cloz
03-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Welsh cakes....i have forgotten what they are?!
Wore me daffodil and carried on the cheerin of rygby winning streak 2day!

Bubble Wrap
03-03-2005, 08:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nicola_h/welshcakes.jpg

Welsh Cakes! :D

Loopy_Cloz
04-03-2005, 08:16 PM
AHA!
now i remember cheers!
No rygbi this weekend :(

Jazzlady
04-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Welshies unite in singing:

Arglwydd, arwain trwy'r anialwch,
Fi, bererin gwael ei wedd,
Nad oes ynof nerth na bywyd
Fel yn gorwedd yn y bedd:
Hollalluog
Ydyw'r Un a'm cwyd i'r lan.

Agor y ffynhonnau melus
'N tarddu i maes o'r Graig y sydd;
Colofn dan rho'r nos i'm harwain,
A rho golofn niwl y dydd;
Rho i mi fanna
Fel na bwyf yn llwfwrhau.

Pan yn troedio glan Iorddonen,
Par i'm hofnau suddo i gyd
Dwg fi drwy y tonnau geirwon
Draw i Ganaan-gartref clyd;
Mawl diderfyn
Fydd i'th enw byth am hyn

fredjx
04-03-2005, 09:27 PM
hello i'm welsh :)

Loopy_Cloz
06-03-2005, 07:57 PM
funny if someone asked me 2 read the lovely poem/song above i could say everything..but it holds no meaning 4 me. i can hear welsh n pick up on words i understand but speakin it :confused: !!! im just hopeless at languages like that!

(*hello!...where in the wonderfull land of Cymru are ya?)

Steve1
06-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone :)
We didn't get the option of learning Welsh in my school...only French, Spanish and Russian, lol. Damn... :(

Bubble Wrap
06-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone :)
We didn't get the option of learning Welsh in my school...only French, Spanish and Russian, lol. Damn... :(

Lessons once or twice a week were standard at mine, but even the teachers couldn't be bothered...so noone learnt a thing :( I only remember a few words i think.

Steve1
06-03-2005, 08:17 PM
It's a real shame, but hardly anyone round here speaks Welsh. Tho' I guess the Cwmbran/Newport area has been like that for a long time.

Loopy_Cloz
06-03-2005, 08:21 PM
3 lesson a week till yr 10, and 1 lesson from then onwards and the option of taking it! Very good me skol it, not all north wales is like it thou, some places u get beaten in d coriddor for speakin it!!

haha i heard a funny story once bout my mates sis in cardiff....a guy did know what Heddlu was! "hey look theres another one of those heddlu what are they?" how thick!!

Jazzlady
13-03-2005, 08:27 PM
It's a real shame, but hardly anyone round here speaks Welsh. Tho' I guess the Cwmbran/Newport area has been like that for a long time.
Boo. Having most of my mum's side of the family live on Angelsy, they tend to speak nothing but Welsh, hence I can speak some very pigeon Bangor Welsh :D

Bubble Wrap
19-03-2005, 04:19 PM
WALES! GO WALES!

Loopy_Cloz
19-03-2005, 06:42 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOWO
GRAND SLAM!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WALES CYMRU WALES CYMRU WALES CYMRU!

:rolleyes: :cool: :LOL: :D :D :LOL: :D :LOL: :rolleyes: