PDA

View Full Version : Singaporean Musers Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Orodreth
19-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone!
Yes this is my first post. But this doesn't mean I just came to know of muse. I've been lurking around this site for quite awhile, oh yes I have. Muahaha.

Anyway, my main point of creating this thread is, there's a huge number; almost countless rather; muse lovers, yes right here in Singapore. And I reckon all of them would be dying to see muse live in singapore. Even me myself, I'm a huge fan Damn right we all are! I really do love to see muse right here in singapore. Or else, i've to get a plane ticket when I'm able to afford one just to catch them at least once in my life.

The latest album has 2 songs being aired on our local radio station for the past 1-2 weeks and bloody hell, my classmates were all talking about it; even msn nicks were changed to lyrics. It's a great sign. A resonation of happiness among this new muse listeners. Muse is above-adequate level of popularity over here. so please do a damn show here! ahhhh!

Muse has changed our lives in many way, and i would love to give them the credit!

Keys
19-08-2006, 06:04 PM
they should play at the raffles! And only allow 200 people in. I know id go!

Orodreth
19-08-2006, 06:07 PM
It would be a miracle! haha!

Keys
19-08-2006, 06:07 PM
It would be a miracle! haha!
:LOL: You never know, might happen one day! can i ask, have they banned smoking there yet?

Orodreth
19-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Nope, they will never ban smoking. But they have weird pictures of what smoking can cause labed on every boxes, asking you to quit and shit.

Keys
19-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Nope, they will never ban smoking. But they have weird pictures of what smoking can cause labed on every boxes, asking you to quit and shit.
haha nice.. though they had, thanks

Orodreth
19-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Pleasure's mine. :D

So I reckon you've been to singapore before ?

Keys
19-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Pleasure's mine. :D

So I reckon you've been to singapore before ?
Yeah i lived there for about 6 years 10 years ago, was great there! I really miss it, i hear thyre doing loooads and loads of building in the centre? Is the blue building (forgot what its name is, but i called it that) still there? :eek:

Orodreth
19-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah i lived there for about 6 years 10 years ago, was great there! I really miss it, i hear thyre doing loooads and loads of building in the centre? Is the blue building (forgot what its name is, but i called it that) still there? :eek:

Mind me, but which blue building? There's a lot of changes over here. Landscapes gets kinda complicated. :LOL:

The centre, is the town area. Skyscrapers, shopping malls, etc. it's where most of the energy comes from.

Keys
19-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Mind me, but which blue building? There's a lot of changes over here. Landscapes gets kinda complicated. :LOL:

The centre, is the town area. Skyscrapers, shopping malls, etc. it's where most of the energy comes from.
Errm it was a shopping building, its like all blue and mirrory, tho that was 10 years ago so its probably gone lol. Arrgh that sucks! Why are they changing it so much? energy? What do you mean?

Orodreth
19-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Errm it was a shopping building, its like all blue and mirrory, tho that was 10 years ago so its probably gone lol. Arrgh that sucks! Why are they changing it so much? energy? What do you mean?

There isn't much demolishing, or probably I never took notice of it. I reckon it's still around here, though I was 6 back then. :p

Apologies, wasn't being specific back there; Energy as in the people.

Keys
19-08-2006, 06:28 PM
There isn't much demolishing, or probably I never took notice of it. I reckon it's still around here, though I was 6 back then. :p

Apologies, wasn't being specific back there; Energy as in the people.
oh right good, it was my favourite building! Am sure it was near the place where you had to pay drive in the centre. Ooh right yeah/

Orodreth
19-08-2006, 06:30 PM
oh right good, it was my favourite building! Am sure it was near the place where you had to pay drive in the centre. Ooh right yeah/

Haha. You've to actually pay to drive in the centre? Is there anything else that might be useful. I can try figuring that building's name or at least it's location. I'm intriguied by this.

Keys
19-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Haha. You've to actually pay to drive in the centre? Is there anything else that might be useful. I can try figuring that building's name or at least it's location. I'm intriguied by this.
Well that was back then dunno about now, there was like a little place where a policeman/woman took money off you. tho i may be remembering it wrong. It was near the raffles and marriot as well i think, somewhere round there. But its not important, just curious

Orodreth
19-08-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm afraid it doesn't ring any bell, probably one of these day I will just hit down the road and look for it and i'll let you know. ;)

wanyin
11-11-2006, 04:44 PM
hey hey singaporean here!
man i thought muse was freaking unknown in singapore :(

_eni6ma_
14-11-2006, 03:39 PM
i always thought muse was pretty much unknown myself. until i started to notice people on the streets wearing muse shirts. very rare though. though makes me realise, singaporeans actually know muse. do you own a muse shirt? :D

smartboy4
15-11-2006, 01:07 PM
i always thought muse was pretty much unknown myself. until i started to notice people on the streets wearing muse shirts. very rare though. though makes me realise, singaporeans actually know muse. do you own a muse shirt? :D
i want a muse shirt!!!

oh where can i get a muse poster, i want one in my room

Meteora.stan
18-11-2006, 05:16 AM
Hi Singapore ppl!
oh you guys actually have seen Muse Tee???!!!Why I couldnt find any in HongKong?!that assistant in HMV told me Muse has never got stuff like Tee...:eek: :eek:

nzag
21-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Listening to Muse cheers me up! I'm absolutely a BIG fan too!

valium
26-11-2006, 11:26 AM
CHECK THIS OUT...AND ERUPT INTO TEARS...of extreme exhiliration! :D

http://www.lamcproductions.com/servlets/sfs;jsessionid=50435396CB74496C557FBC9121514E15?s= NGJDB0HE1TdOEQSHW&i=1098152946568&b=1098152946568&t=/Default/gateway

Someone confirm this please. :)

Meteora.stan
26-11-2006, 02:22 PM
wowee,you guys in Singapore,really lucky.
I heard the show's confirmed,and yes it's Jan 16th.
cheers for you guys,hope they could come HK just by the way!:happy:

Orodreth
27-11-2006, 11:36 AM
MUSE Live at Fort Canning on January 16, 2007 - Updated Nov 26, 2006
All tickets are general admission free standing and go onsale Dec 1st at Sistic outlets, www.sistic.com.sg or by calling (65) 6348 5555. For Sponsorship & VIP Hospitality Suites please call (65) 6324 0764. Earlybird pricing will be as follows::
S$85 from Dec 1st - Dec 15th (All prices exclude Sistic fee)
S$95 from Dec 16th - Dec 31st
S$110 from Jan 1st - 16th
================================================== ===================

Oh yeah baby!

Meteora.stan
27-11-2006, 02:37 PM
MUSE Live at Fort Canning on January 16, 2007 - Updated Nov 26, 2006
All tickets are general admission free standing and go onsale Dec 1st at Sistic outlets, www.sistic.com.sg or by calling (65) 6348 5555. For Sponsorship & VIP Hospitality Suites please call (65) 6324 0764. Earlybird pricing will be as follows::
S$85 from Dec 1st - Dec 15th (All prices exclude Sistic fee)
S$95 from Dec 16th - Dec 31st
S$110 from Jan 1st - 16th
================================================== ===================

Oh yeah baby!

:eek: :eek:
man that's pretty cheap price!!
somebody who could send me there?:$

wanyin
27-11-2006, 05:18 PM
ANYONE GOING?
my friends are totally not into muse and i dont think i can drag them there when the cheapest tickets are $85.

nzag
28-11-2006, 08:44 AM
i MIGHT be going, heh. my friends arent into muse too. ):

vspirit
28-11-2006, 08:50 AM
haha. less men, more share.

AngelJoy
28-11-2006, 09:36 AM
im definately going and i know a bunch of ppl will go as well.let's party then.hahahaha!
i love fort canning park ,great place for gigs.
been there for Slipknot concert last year,very nice!

Meteora.stan
28-11-2006, 09:38 AM
im definately going and i know a bunch of ppl will go as well.let's party then.hahahaha!

dommeh slipknot mask thing.LOLz

Orodreth
28-11-2006, 03:01 PM

Wow. I was there for the Slipknot concert as well! Haha! Amazing. I doubt there will be anyone for me to drag along. oh well. But I'll definitely be going. :D

Robinn
28-11-2006, 03:10 PM
yes its kinda rare to see people wearing Muse shirts in Singapore but i have seen one person wearing,haha,yea..I was like ''wow,where did he get that shirt from'' when i saw it.

I am so excited to see them play live!

valium
28-11-2006, 05:48 PM
This is a not to be missed opportunity. I'm totally going!
Muse + live in Singapore = hallmark event (and a highlight of my life)

All these while, i thought those muse t-shirts are either bought from overseas or self-printed. I wanted to make one myself actually. But i'm sure it is an official merchandise. Maybe there'll be a stall selling the merchandise at fort canning during the concert? hmmm...

AngelJoy
29-11-2006, 01:41 AM
yes its kinda rare to see people wearing Muse shirts in Singapore but i have seen one person wearing,haha,yea..I was like ''wow,where did he get that shirt from'' when i saw it.

i dont know if you can find the shirt at Pennisula shopping center coz i used to buy some band tees there however i havent been there for a long time.
lol

AngelJoy
29-11-2006, 01:41 AM
This is a not to be missed opportunity. I'm totally going!
Muse + live in Singapore = hallmark event (and a highlight of my life)

All these while, i thought those muse t-shirts are either bought from overseas or self-printed. I wanted to make one myself actually. But i'm sure it is an official merchandise. Maybe there'll be a stall selling the merchandise at fort canning during the concert? hmmm...

there should be a merch stand on the concert day;)

AngelJoy
29-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Wow. I was there for the Slipknot concert as well! Haha! Amazing. I doubt there will be anyone for me to drag along. oh well. But I'll definitely be going. :D

haha yeah!
i sometimes go to gigs alone but once youre at the venue you feel that you're not alone anymore:p

wanyin
29-11-2006, 06:42 AM
omg i had no idea slipknot came to singapore :$
oh well i'm only interested in muse!
i hope there will be a huge crowd then it'll be more fun and the gig wont be too failure (:

AngelJoy
29-11-2006, 06:55 AM
i think it's gonna be a huge crowd.
why think it's gonna be a failure?i have never thought about it.
and yeah,Slipknot came here last August.they only stopped in SG besides Japan coz they went to Japan for summer sonic.
speaking of Summer Sonic,i really wanna catch that festival once!yeah,at least once!

wanyin
29-11-2006, 07:15 AM
nono muse will be AWESOME but i'm just afraid that if the crowd its small its quite like demoralising.
but well, cant wait for jan 16 and hopefully it'll be supersupersuper fun :D

Robinn
29-11-2006, 07:59 AM
my only worry is not being able to stand near the barriers but of course,i still wanna be standing near the middle and be able to be around with everyone else and sing along to the songs!:p

anyway,what time usually does the queue starts,to get in ??

AngelJoy
29-11-2006, 08:54 AM
nono muse will be AWESOME but i'm just afraid that if the crowd its small its quite like demoralising.

you dont have to worry about it:D

Orodreth
29-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I hope the event doesn't cancel at the very last moment like RW's and LB's. haha.

They do sell Muse Tees at Far East Plaza.

Orodreth
29-11-2006, 06:15 PM
I'll just camp there an hour earlier so I can be in the front. XD

valium
30-11-2006, 06:41 AM

Look at it this way. Even if the crowd is small, it won't be demoralising. It'll be an intimate evening with Muse. ;)

wanyin
30-11-2006, 08:16 AM
I hope the event doesn't cancel at the very last moment like RW's and LB's. haha.

They do sell Muse Tees at Far East Plaza.

thanks for the info!
i'm so getting myself one.
how much are they?

Look at it this way. Even if the crowd is small, it won't be demoralising. It'll be an intimate evening with Muse. ;)

HAHA yea! :D

AngelJoy
30-11-2006, 08:36 AM

haha,i bet not.

paraluman
01-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Damn, you lucky things, you. :(

ArtisticView
02-12-2006, 05:21 AM
i dont know if you can find the shirt at Pennisula shopping center coz i used to buy some band tees there however i havent been there for a long time.
lol

i bought mine (muse tee) at Peninsula. =)

chaosphere
02-12-2006, 05:36 AM
Why buy a fake Muse tee from Peninsula when there definitely be authentic merchandise at the concert?

ArtisticView
02-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Why buy a fake Muse tee from Peninsula when there definitely be authentic merchandise at the concert?

the problem is, we dont even know if they will ever come to hold a concert here. and now that they are coming, it's up to each individual to decide, isnt it? and for your information, i bought the tee very long ago.

AngelJoy
02-12-2006, 06:45 AM
the problem is, we dont even know if they will ever come to hold a concert here. and now that they are coming, it's up to each individual to decide, isnt it? and for your information, i bought the tee very long ago.

ditto.

chaosphere
02-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Right! so now you can buy original merchandise at the gig :D

chaosphere
02-12-2006, 08:24 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q13/lamcproductions/Misc/MUSEShowLetter.jpg

paraluman
02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I hope their plane lands in Manila by mistake.

:pirate:

Orodreth
02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
And that very day itself will be the entire strip line for civilization. :LOL:

vspirit
03-12-2006, 03:36 AM

:chaplin:

paraluman
03-12-2006, 08:14 AM
And that very day itself will be the entire strip line for civilization. :LOL:

Say what?

chaosphere
03-12-2006, 08:18 AM

Mistakes like that may only happen with some Philipine airline :LOL: :LOL:

oh and yes.........DREAM ON! :p

paraluman
03-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Mistakes like that may only happen with some Philipine airline :LOL: :LOL:

O RLY? And I assume you know everything about the Philippine airline industry. For your information, we've been more civilized than you think for more than fifty years now. We were the first in Asia to have a commercial airline company.

Anyway, I don't want this to turn into another bashing thread. To all Singaporeans: I give you my peace! Enjoy your Muse concert. :)

vspirit
03-12-2006, 09:36 AM
lol paraluman, while i find it admirable that you're so protective over your country, i think what chaos said was simply intended as a comeback line to your joke, not a dig at your country. you really have got to learn how to take a joke if you want to make one, as well. the world works both ways. most times, at least.

i thought your joke was a rather funny one myself (thus the chaplin icon) but i also think that chaos' comeback is equally as good.

other than that, peace...i guess

chaosphere
03-12-2006, 09:37 AM
yea man take a chill pill :D

from the looks of it, we almost got a history lesson there *phew* :LOL:

vspirit
03-12-2006, 11:10 AM
yea man take a chill pill :D

from the looks of it, we almost got a history lesson there *phew* :LOL:

:erm:...this doesn't discount the fact that your comeback WAS a lil mean. Good, but mean.

paraluman
03-12-2006, 12:10 PM
lol paraluman, while i find it admirable that you're so protective over your country, i think what chaos said was simply intended as a comeback line to your joke, not a dig at your country. you really have got to learn how to take a joke if you want to make one, as well. the world works both ways. most times, at least.

i thought your joke was a rather funny one myself (thus the chaplin icon) but i also think that chaos' comeback is equally as good.

other than that, peace...i guess

Point taken. I couldn't help it, sorry. :p His joke was already quite offensive, while the one I made initally absolutely meant no harm.

from the looks of it, we almost got a history lesson there *phew*

Yeah, thought you might need one. ;)

vspirit
04-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Yeah, thought you might need one. ;)
xxD

On a slightly different note, MUSE did mention they'd stop by The Philippines as well so I guess there's no need to pseudo-mentally-hijack their flight. *snigger* Cos yanno, if that really happens, Bellamy might jump to the conclusion of it being a Bush or Blair-type conspiracy, or both. You know he would. Cos it's really easy to imagine him going, "I'm a victim! At last, I'm a victim!!!"

And really now, there's only so much one can pin on those two. xxD

paraluman
04-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Cos yanno, if that really happens, Bellamy might jump to the conclusion of it being a Bush or Blair-type conspiracy, or both. You know he would. Cos it's really easy to imagine him going, "I'm a victim! At last, I'm a victim!!!"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'd actually love to see that happen.

nzag
11-12-2006, 04:34 PM
i bought my muse tee at peninsula too <3 somehow it's been running out of stock and mine was the only there at that moment. i think i get some stares here and there when i wore the tee, lol.

58hours
11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm so upset that it's freestanding (because I'm really short).

Oh well, it's still Muse.

AngelJoy
12-12-2006, 04:32 AM
I'm so upset that it's freestanding (because I'm really short).

Oh well, it's still Muse.

why upset?concert with freestanding's what i call concert!
haha.man i love freestanding.it's not a prob if you're short coz you can queue earlier to get the front row.
most of concerts i've been to is freestanding and i always got front rows.

AngelJoy
12-12-2006, 04:34 AM
i bought my muse tee at peninsula too <3 somehow it's been running out of stock and mine was the only there at that moment. i think i get some stares here and there when i wore the tee, lol.

i bet soon they're gonna restore the muse tees.coz the concert date's getting near.
everytime there's a big concert ppl rush to pennisula to get their tees.haha.

58hours
12-12-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm kind of worried I might not be able to get there early enough for front row.

Heh, maybe I'll get my friends to lift me up or something...although they'll probably hate me afterwards.

vspirit
12-12-2006, 08:08 AM
heh heh, i've already given up illusions of that. Third or fourth row is what I'm more realistically hoping for but I'd settle for a decent somewhere-in-the-middle spot, i suppose...

Nutcracker
13-12-2006, 04:56 AM

Are the tees any good? In terms of quality? I've had bad experience with penin tees.:D :D

asohk89
15-01-2007, 10:03 AM
hi im also a great fan of MUSE.but im not going to the concert at FCP.maybe we could start a MUSE group here.haha hope to hear a reply soon. People can add me at cool_asohk89@hotmail.com. My name is Ashok. IM 17:D

Meteora.stan
15-01-2007, 10:47 AM
hey fellows the gig is tmmr!hope you guys in Singapore all have a great time with Muse!!!
玩的开心!:p

mynameisdebbie
15-01-2007, 11:36 AM
have a great time at the gig in 24.5 hours you lucky fockers!!!

nonoor
16-01-2007, 12:16 PM
theyre on our homeland right now:D

asohk89
18-01-2007, 01:32 PM
the concert was the BOMB! muse is coming to china and malaysia. have a nice time lucky dick.:D

fused
18-01-2007, 03:31 PM
muse played well but its ended early... cant get enough ...

anyone going to catch them in kl?

Nicster
18-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi Fused, this is Nicole. I'm keen to see them in KL. If anyone's interested we can make a group trip there. Let me know your interest level and we'll organise.

Cheers

fused
19-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi Fused, this is Nicole. I'm keen to see them in KL. If anyone's interested we can make a group trip there. Let me know your interest level and we'll organise.

Cheers

i'll be going with maybe 4 persons.. thinking of getting the RM233 pitt tickets. must buy quick...

some pics from the gig

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/omra1810/DSC01083.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/omra1810/DSC01082.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/omra1810/DSC01079.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/omra1810/DSC01078.jpg

fused
19-01-2007, 09:40 AM
short vid from stomp

http://server-sg.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=STOMP-VIDEO&ci=sg_sg-sph&tu=http://202.157.174.100/20070117-muse-hysteria/Player.html

http://server-sg.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=STOMP-VIDEO&ci=sg_sg-sph&tu=http://202.157.174.100/20070117-muse-map/Player.html

http://server-sg.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=STOMP-VIDEO&ci=sg_sg-sph&tu=http://202.157.174.100/20070117-muse-knight/Player.html

manipulated life
19-01-2007, 05:54 PM
hi there!

new to the forum but definitely not new to Muse.
been a fan of theirs for years.

anyway, seriously contemplating to go for the KL concert. trying to psycho my friends.
haha.
some serious financial planning needs to be done.
let's hope Muse will be back soon!

vspirit
19-01-2007, 06:24 PM
haha our currency value is half yours. i don't think you need to worry too much about financial issues while you're here. but still, i understand that some degree of planning should still be in order.

bockscar
20-01-2007, 04:47 PM
guys, is there a way we can rip the videos from stomp?

:D

bAz666
21-01-2007, 04:44 AM
guys, is there a way we can rip the videos from stomp?

:D

I have it, PM me if you want.

della22
21-01-2007, 05:49 PM
new to the thread but definitely not new to muse. the concert was insane! was hoping for more so all you people going for the kl concert, you guys are lucky buggers! maybe one day i'll get really lucky and will get to see them live at wembley :P hey a girl can dream. the stomp vids are really cool ( way better than the ones i took) and was wondering how i could rip them off the website. any ideas?

fused
23-01-2007, 11:15 PM
i've booked my tickets online but the system requires 3 working days to process and they'll notify by email if the transaction goes thru...

damn irritating... why such a system????

fused
25-01-2007, 04:09 PM
got my pitt ticks!!!!!!!!

its sold out now!!!!!!!

pinkdolph
02-02-2007, 02:23 PM
more photos and review from youth.sg here (http://www.youth.sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1753&Itemid=29)

Fish Sauce
03-02-2007, 04:51 AM
Cool videos.

And they load fast too!

hanx2
04-02-2007, 06:20 AM
muse played well but its ended early... cant get enough ...

anyone going to catch them in kl?
me!!!!!! :D

Fish Sauce
04-02-2007, 06:25 AM
I would if I could.

Not really worth it now anyway, the standing area's sold out and so are the good seats. Plus I wouldn't have been able to go even if they were still available.

scrat123
04-02-2007, 10:34 AM
i nearly died inhaling all that cigarette smoke but it was all worth it! :)

MUSE!!!! PLLLEEEAASSEE come back to singapore asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *begs*

ann_chun
29-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Hello Singaporeans!

There has been strong rumours that Muse will be coming to Bangkok in December. We, mainly Malaysians and Thais, have been waiting for months for the confirmation. LAMC Productions, a Singaporean company, is sponsoring. I'm asking you guys a favor. Can u please call LAMC Productions and ask them about Muse live in Bangkok? Is it really going to happen? If so, when? Where? And possibly why is it taking so long to confirm? The number can be find in their website: www.lamcproductions.com Then u can click on contact us.

U guys should come too really! I knw how much u miss it :P

miele
01-11-2007, 10:08 AM
from LAMC:

Attention MUSE fans: Tickets for the Bangkok show will go on sale at www.thaiticketmaster.com on Sat, Nov 3rd! See details below - Updated Nov 1st, 2007

ApocalypsePleasure2
02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I think I'm the only active Singaporean Muse fan.:rolleyes:

Nutcracker
04-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Hey ApocalypsePleasure2, u went to WEMBLEY?! Im so envious.. I don really hang around the SG thread, Malaysians are more active, i think.:D

ApocalypsePleasure2
09-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Hey ApocalypsePleasure2, u went to WEMBLEY?! Im so envious.. I don really hang around the SG thread, Malaysians are more active, i think.:D

Yes I did!:D

It was fking awesome!

shazzer
26-11-2007, 10:38 AM
hey, did you guys see the article? matt and dom were here for 4 days, early this month! in the interview matt talks about buying carpets in arab st and being recognised at the local pubs. wonder if anyone spotted them?

mynameisdebbie
27-11-2007, 04:22 AM
really?! sounds like what they did when they were in Singapore earlier this year.

but a dream
27-04-2008, 03:41 PM
hi guys... i'm new here.

glad to have found some other singaporean fans :)

Cava
10-08-2008, 06:34 AM
this thread is so dead.

guineverer
08-09-2008, 12:34 AM
haha -bump-
i'm a singaporean and i lurk around forums alot. :D

but a dream
08-09-2008, 01:26 AM
:LOL:

This is the 1st time I've seen anybody post in this thread in a loooong looooong time.

Cava
18-09-2008, 05:55 AM
ye c'mon u damn singaporeans. :< where's our muse spirit!

Waldo
08-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I already posted this in another thread...but are any of you going to see Chus & Ceballos and Boys Noize at Zouk? And Motley Crue at Fort Canning?

guineverer
27-10-2008, 02:47 PM
ye c'mon u damn singaporeans. :< where's our muse spirit!
seems to be sorely lacking. tsk tsk.

and didn't catch motley crue, although i might be dragged to the Kylie Minogue one. ;)

SAMSUNGmobile
08-11-2008, 11:52 AM
hi all fellow singaporean muse fans!!!

big fan of muse here...is there any sg community for muse fans?

Octazooka
08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
OH COOOOL there's a singapore thread here :D I was planning to create one myself- speaking of which, DAMN DAMN Muse was staying near the place I was working-Raffles Hotel ARRRGGH( I was working at raffles city shopping centre :sadeyes: I should have stalked them damnit! XD

Octazooka
08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi Singapore ppl!
oh you guys actually have seen Muse Tee???!!!Why I couldnt find any in HongKong?!that assistant in HMV told me Muse has never got stuff like Tee...:eek: :eek:

:LOL: He's obviously lying to you..you got cheated :D

I think you can make your own shirt if you're good enough...I secretly wanted my friend to make a MUSE shirt for me but she gave me a shirt with something else on it :supersad:

Octazooka
08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
And oh guys I set up a group for singaporean muse fans..cos I noticed there wasn't a group for the Little Red Dots :D

SAMSUNGmobile
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
u can get muse absolution shirts at peninsula shopping centre

Nutcracker
15-11-2008, 05:08 AM
Hey Samsungmobile and Jean_P! WORD UP! :D

Finally a couple of active Singaporeans here lol!

Anyway the Muse Absolution tees at Peninsula are fake, but they look good nonetheless.

ashikethra
22-11-2008, 03:36 PM
*pokes thread* Is this thread alive? Is this like, the chat thread for us Singaporeans?

Cava
22-11-2008, 04:48 PM
nope. everyone is dead. but i bet it'l be lively again when muse's new album comes out. or if muse evr comes singapore.

dodoy
24-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Muse has changed our lives in many way, and i would love to give them the credit!

I love muse too! I A miracle!

sKeL`
24-11-2008, 12:20 PM
big muse fan here, i rly wish they will be back soon.. :(

Octazooka
19-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Samsungmobile and Jean_P! WORD UP! :D

Finally a couple of active Singaporeans here lol!

Anyway the Muse Absolution tees at Peninsula are fake, but they look good nonetheless.

If all else fails make your own! XD

And cheers to nutcracker! Woo~

Octazooka
19-01-2009, 07:28 PM
nope. everyone is dead. but i bet it'l be lively again when muse's new album comes out. or if muse evr comes singapore.

I missed the last one due to work, but I'll not miss the next one if they ever come! XD

And by the way, this thread's not really dead. People migrate to this thread once in a while. Hohoho :)

pandorasboxers
25-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Talk about dead! I never posted here because it seems nobody ever posts here...Guess I'll cross the causeway and join the Malaysian thread.

Octazooka
29-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Ahhh no

:supersad:

but a dream
29-01-2009, 05:39 PM

I'm guilty of not checking this thread for aaaaaaaaaaaages :$

ashikethra
30-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Ooooh. Finally! Some action. What little of it, anywayz LOL.

but a dream
30-01-2009, 09:08 AM
whooop.

:party:

guilt-stricken
30-01-2009, 08:46 PM
*lurks*

I love Singapore! I think it's your public transport system I'm in love with. And the fact that everyone on the train would either whip out an iPod, Nintendo DS, PSP, or a book(rarely)/magazine to read. We don't get that good of a public transport here in Malaysia :-/

Whoops, ok, out of topic? Sorry. I'll leave now!

pandorasboxers
31-01-2009, 10:15 AM
*lurks*

I love Singapore! I think it's your public transport system I'm in love with. And the fact that everyone on the train would either whip out an iPod, Nintendo DS, PSP, or a book(rarely)/magazine to read. We don't get that good of a public transport here in Malaysia :-/

Whoops, ok, out of topic? Sorry. I'll leave now!

Hello, fellow brother/sister from across the causeway! Yes, Singapore has an excellent transport system, and not much else, I'm afraid. A clean, artificial, concrete, 100% urbanised jungle. I understand the people on the train bit. I was on the MRT one time and I SWEAR, the person in front of me, and the people either side of me were occupying themselves with their PSP, along with at least 3 other people in the same carriage. I was BAFFLED. So i busied myself with my Nintendo DS! :LOL:

I love Malaysia, so many things to see. Absolutely in love with Genting Highlands. I visit JB A LOT!

but a dream
31-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Every country has their share of good and bad.

We are modern and efficient, but as pandorasboxers (sorry I don't know your name) said, it's such a concrete jungle. Sometimes I just long for some old world charm or forest etc... It's like everybody is in a hurry, no one takes time to smell the roses.

Nutcracker
31-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Cmon we can make it better than just 9 pages lol.

Anyway the rush-life in SG is not as bad as in countries like HK, or so i've heard. People there are travelling like our MRTs man.:p And the transport system here is great thanks to the size of our island i suppose.

pandorasboxers
01-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Oi Singaporeans! Time to buck up! Pull up your socks! Post! Make us Singaporeans proud!

POST!

*Crosses causeway, past customs and back to Malaysian thread*

but a dream
02-02-2009, 07:33 AM
*posts*

:p

What's been happening in Singapore? :$

pandorasboxers
07-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Any Singaporeans here who took their A levels in 2008?

ashikethra
08-03-2009, 03:58 AM
I'm taking it this year. I assume you got your A Level results? How'd you do?

pandorasboxers
08-03-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm taking it this year. I assume you got your A Level results? How'd you do?

OK. I studied really hard. Really. But the papers were hard. I was expecting Ds and Es everywhere. But I got ABC for my 3 H2s. Better than expected, but still not ideal. I expected a C for Chemistry but got an A, and vice versa for Biology. And a D for Math but I got a B.

So I was pretty much ambivalent. No chance of getting into Accountancy.

Where are you studying anyway?

SGmuse
08-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow, singapore thread.
Singaporean here too.:LOL:

ashikethra
09-03-2009, 02:06 AM
OK. I studied really hard. Really. But the papers were hard. I was expecting Ds and Es everywhere. But I got ABC for my 3 H2s. Better than expected, but still not ideal. I expected a C for Chemistry but got an A, and vice versa for Biology. And a D for Math but I got a B.

So I was pretty much ambivalent. No chance of getting into Accountancy.

Where are you studying anyway?

That sucks... I'm studying in RJ... damn stress now that seniors have gotten such good results... but I think the bad grade for Bio was kinda expected since the Bio paper pretty much killed everyone last year from what I heard :/ Did you take H1 Econs?Which JC were you from? And what are your plans now then?

pandorasboxers
09-03-2009, 05:55 AM
That sucks... I'm studying in RJ... damn stress now that seniors have gotten such good results... but I think the bad grade for Bio was kinda expected since the Bio paper pretty much killed everyone last year from what I heard :/ Did you take H1 Econs?Which JC were you from? And what are your plans now then?

OMYGOD WE HAVE A GENIUS IN THE SINGAPORE THREAD.

You are from RJ? That's awesome. I was from from JJ...*feels inferior* but for the record my raw L1R5 was 11....hahaa. Bet you got a single digit.

I did not take H1 Econs. I wanted to but BCM/E wasn't available in my school.

And about the Bio thing, you are right. even friends from AC and VJ found it hard, Paper 2 at least. KILLER.:mad: But I was very confident of Papers 1 & 3.

Enough of me! How are you coping with Rafflesian J2 life?

SGmuse
09-03-2009, 06:03 AM
All so smart taking As.
Me only a student at TP.:(

pandorasboxers
09-03-2009, 06:24 AM
All so smart taking As.
Me only a student at TP.:(

What course are you taking? By the way just because you're in poly doesn't mean you're not as smart as JC people. I went to JC because I still did not know what I wanted to do with my life. My cousin took the poly route and now she's in NUS;)

SGmuse
09-03-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm year 2 in media communication technology once school starts in april.
I been wanting to go poly since sec3 + i got 20 for my Os.

ashikethra
10-03-2009, 02:19 AM
OMYGOD WE HAVE A GENIUS IN THE SINGAPORE THREAD.

You are from RJ? That's awesome. I was from from JJ...*feels inferior* but for the record my raw L1R5 was 11....hahaa. Bet you got a single digit.

Haha...*flushes* No lah, I'm no genius. I came from RGS, so I get direct admission into RJ. -_-" I screwed up pretty badly for Promos last year through, so I'm kinda worried about whether I can catch up this year haha.

Enough of me! How are you coping with Rafflesian J2 life?

*grins* Life at Raffles is pretty brilliant. I can't really imagine studying anywhere else... the culture is very strong, and that if nothing else binds every single Rafflesian together haha. But that also makes things much more stressful on us... it's not easy living up to the name of being a Rafflesian... everyone expects like straight As and when you don't achieve that, the feeling of failure and disappointment is much worse than the scolding you get from your parents.

I'm year 2 in media communication technology once school starts in april.
I been wanting to go poly since sec3 + i got 20 for my Os.

Don't put yourself down - Poly students can also make it as long as they work hard XD Hard work always pays off ;) I have friends from RGS who decided to go Poly instead of coming RJ with us. It's just two different routes in education.

SGmuse
10-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Don't put yourself down - Poly students can also make it as long as they work hard XD Hard work always pays off ;) I have friends from RGS who decided to go Poly instead of coming RJ with us. It's just two different routes in education.

I agree with you. Hard work always pays off whether you are in poly, JC or even ITE.

Apart that,
Looks like there's only a few SG muse fans here.:stunned:

but a dream
10-03-2009, 07:05 AM
:happy: Happy to see more Singaporean fans here :D

Although I think I'm the oldest around here :p

pandorasboxers
10-03-2009, 08:15 AM
I agree with you. Hard work always pays off whether you are in poly, JC or even ITE.

Apart that,
Looks like there's only a few SG muse fans here.:stunned:

A few Singaporean fans who actually visit the boards and post, that is.

I was lurking here for a very long time.

And hard work does pay off....most of the time.

ashikethra
10-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, sometimes you just need to start the ball rolling, right? XD Not many of my friends hang out in forums anyway, so... *shrugs*

Oh, I was just browsing through the American Idol website - One of the top 13 finalists, Allison Iraheta, put this as her favorite quote:

I will never let you go, if you promise not to fade away.

I was just like, OMG, and LOL when I read that. Most of the others listed quotes by other famous people, or like, one liners by their favorite artists. But she listed lyrics from Starlight! XDXD That just made me like her even more XP

monkeyinair
10-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Haha yay, the thread lives!

Nah, that's not bad at all. My brother got like ACC. And a D for GP. He could've gotten straight As if he worked hard lor. :indiff:

Haha...*flushes* No lah, I'm no genius. I came from RGS, so I get direct admission into RJ. -_-" I screwed up pretty badly for Promos last year through, so I'm kinda worried about whether I can catch up this year haha.

*grins* Life at Raffles is pretty brilliant. I can't really imagine studying anywhere else... the culture is very strong, and that if nothing else binds every single Rafflesian together haha. But that also makes things much more stressful on us... it's not easy living up to the name of being a Rafflesian... everyone expects like straight As and when you don't achieve that, the feeling of failure and disappointment is much worse than the scolding you get from your parents.

Damnit, should've worked harder in primary school and gotten into RGS. :LOL:

Random question, is the band in RJC good?

ashikethra
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Random question, is the band in RJC good?

Which band? Haha... I have a high standard when it comes to music, so honestly speaking I think our bands are either not very good, or the audio quality in the places I've heard them perform in really sucks that badly. Accoustics in RJC sucks. So whenever I hear any of our bands playing, the sound balance is always off, and the singers usually leave much to be desired for coz the mikes are not meant for singing into. We have good players, definitely, but when you put everything together, it all comes crashing down -_-"

monkeyinair
10-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Which band? Haha... I have a high standard when it comes to music, so honestly speaking I think our bands are either not very good, or the audio quality in the places I've heard them perform in really sucks that badly. Accoustics in RJC sucks. So whenever I hear any of our bands playing, the sound balance is always off, and the singers usually leave much to be desired for coz the mikes are not meant for singing into. We have good players, definitely, but when you put everything together, it all comes crashing down -_-"

Lol, I mean the symphonic band. I hear that RJ's paying more attention to music, accepting many MEP students and players from the SYO. I'm thinking of DSA-ing, you see, just as a back up in case my grades can't cut it. But I don't want to spend another two years of my life playing in a crappy band. :noey:

ashikethra
11-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Lol, I mean the symphonic band. I hear that RJ's paying more attention to music, accepting many MEP students and players from the SYO. I'm thinking of DSA-ing, you see, just as a back up in case my grades can't cut it. But I don't want to spend another two years of my life playing in a crappy band.

Hm... I think we're not too bad. Mostly, like I said,we have good players XD I think our percussion is especially good coz of Ura. Our conductor is quite legendary with the Rafflesian symphonic band members haha. What instrument do you play?

monkeyinair
12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Hm... I think we're not too bad. Mostly, like I said,we have good players XD I think our percussion is especially good coz of Ura. Our conductor is quite legendary with the Rafflesian symphonic band members haha. What instrument do you play?

Ura?

Haha, well I'm from percussion! :D Though not a very good player, I don't mind learning stuff. Do you take physics? Haha, cos I think my grandmother's godson teaches there.

ashikethra
13-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Ura?

Our conductor. He's authentic Japanese-born Mr Ura, and he's conductor for all the Raffles schools (RGS, RI, RJC) symphonic bands.

Haha, well I'm from percussion! Though not a very good player, I don't mind learning stuff. Do you take physics? Haha, cos I think my grandmother's godson teaches there.

Nope. I take BCME all at H2.

pandorasboxers
13-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Our conductor. He's authentic Japanese-born Mr Ura, and he's conductor for all the Raffles schools (RGS, RI, RJC) symphonic bands.

Nope. I take BCME all at H2.

Do all students at RJ take 4H2s?

And how is it? I qualified but didn't opt for 4H2 because I was intimidated...now I regret because the 4H2 classes did very well:( I could have been influenced by them to study harder...oh well.

ashikethra
14-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Do all students at RJ take 4H2s?

And how is it? I qualified but didn't opt for 4H2 because I was intimidated...now I regret because the 4H2 classes did very well I could have been influenced by them to study harder...oh well.

Not everyone takes 4H2. People who don't do well enough for the Promotional Exams in J1 have to drop a subject to H1, or be retained. And it happens more often than the school would like to admit - I think it's a Rafflesian trait to procrastinate -_-" I can't really compare with any H1s since I don't take H1, but from what I've seen from the H1 syllabus, taking H2 was definitely worth it because lots of stuff from the H1 syllabus, especially for Math and Biology, are really nothing new at all. It's all stuff we've learned from secondary school, so there wouldn't have been much challenge at all.

pandorasboxers
14-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Not everyone takes 4H2. People who don't do well enough for the Promotional Exams in J1 have to drop a subject to H1, or be retained. And it happens more often than the school would like to admit - I think it's a Rafflesian trait to procrastinate -_-" I can't really compare with any H1s since I don't take H1, but from what I've seen from the H1 syllabus, taking H2 was definitely worth it because lots of stuff from the H1 syllabus, especially for Math and Biology, are really nothing new at all. It's all stuff we've learned from secondary school, so there wouldn't have been much challenge at all.

Oh. Thanks for enlightening me. Do you know how much I hated Biology? It's soooo in-depth and gave me a headache. And I hated all that biodiversity stuff, it's actually quite interesting but the syllabus made it as interesting as my toenail. I actually gave up on that topic and when it appeared as a structured question in the A's I almost had a stroke.

By the way we Singaporeans should hurry up and post so that we can start a new thread..."Singapore" as a thread name is a bit dull. No offence to the threadstarter, but looking at the other countries' threads, it's pretty plain.

How does SINGapore For Absolution sound like? Sorry for all that verbal diarhoea but I'm a bit stressed here, with university applications (gasp!) and all that...

ashikethra
15-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Oh. Thanks for enlightening me. Do you know how much I hated Biology? It's soooo in-depth and gave me a headache. And I hated all that biodiversity stuff, it's actually quite interesting but the syllabus made it as interesting as my toenail. I actually gave up on that topic and when it appeared as a structured question in the A's I almost had a stroke.

Why'd you take it if you hated it so much? I mean, I hate Physics, so I dropped it as soon as I could. Would have thought you would drop whatever subjects you hated as soon as you stepped into JC... I took a gamble on Economics because I got persuaded (read: blackmailed) into it. But I made sure I had interest in the rest of the subjects I took XD

By the way we Singaporeans should hurry up and post so that we can start a new thread..."Singapore" as a thread name is a bit dull. No offence to the threadstarter, but looking at the other countries' threads, it's pretty plain.

How does SINGapore For Absolution sound like? Sorry for all that verbal diarhoea but I'm a bit stressed here, with university applications (gasp!) and all that...

It's sad that we have one and only one thread thus far... (as far as I can see). And I frankly can't believe that there really are that few Muse fans in Singapore. So someone prove me wrong please?

pandorasboxers
15-03-2009, 06:05 AM
Why'd you take it if you hated it so much? I mean, I hate Physics, so I dropped it as soon as I could. Would have thought you would drop whatever subjects you hated as soon as you stepped into JC... I took a gamble on Economics because I got persuaded (read: blackmailed) into it. But I made sure I had interest in the rest of the subjects I took XD

In my secondary school, Bukit Panjang Government High, Secondary 1 and 2 science was split up into Chemistry, Biology and Physics. We learnt the basics of what we were going to learn in Sec 3 and 4 (we didn't use the textbooks at all). In sec 2 streaming I failed my Physics module and passed the other 2, and I knew that I had no talent in Physics. So I opted for the Bio stream(Only the best students could take triple science, so even if I liked Physics, my grades wouldn't have allowed me to take triple science).

And I loved the O level Bio syllabus. It was completely different in JC. And I couldn't take Physics because I didn't have the prerequisite and I hated it. So I was basically stuck with Bio.

monkeyinair
23-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Argh, haha. I thought I hated Physics in lower sec but now I kind of regret it. Looks kinda cool now.

-bumps this thread-

pandorasboxers
23-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Anyone here going for Coldplay (I know this question is a bit late)? I wanted to but the tix are sold out :( ARGGGHHHH I wanted to see Fix You and Yellow live realllly badly.

kaere
24-04-2009, 06:02 PM
hello! fellow singaporeans! (:
this thread looks so quiet :happy:

pandorasboxers
28-04-2009, 03:52 PM
hello! fellow singaporeans! (:
this thread looks so quiet :happy:

This thread IS too quiet. I just hop over the causeway and lurk in the Malaysian thread. They are way more action-packed. And just look at our recent posts. Talking about education. So typical of Singaporeans. Haha.

achi
28-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Singapore is a real nice place!:happy:

guilt-stricken
28-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Lol and it's about to be changed into a health thread soon...

I'm sorry to bring this up, but I was wondering how's the sg govn handling the possible swine flu outbreak?

If things will indeed be under control, I'll be heading to the Beerfest Asia held next to the Singapore Flyer this weekend (Can't wait! - not for the beer though lol for Vertical Horizon :] ) Unfortunately things aren't looking too good right now as my parents are rather reluctant to let me travel and spend time in a crowded area... what more with Vertical Horizon & crew coming from US! I'm hoping they do not get quarantined or anything :eek:

kaere
28-04-2009, 06:14 PM
This thread IS too quiet. I just hop over the causeway and lurk in the Malaysian thread. They are way more action-packed. And just look at our recent posts. Talking about education. So typical of Singaporeans. Haha.
:LOL: typical singaporean first question when you meet others: what school do you come from? and for guys: what platoon? :happy:
:happy: agreed! i can't wait to go back (: oysterommmmmlette!

pandorasboxers
30-04-2009, 05:22 AM

I don't think so. While I appreciate that it is a safe, clean country and all that, the pace of living is extremely fast. If you don't have a university certificate that's probably the end of the line for you (in most cases. Even graduates have trouble getting jobs).

And I absolutely hate the lack of nature and attractions...Singapore really is small. Sure, we are clean and modern and all that...but Singapore bores me. :( I don't understand why tourists come here. It's a place for education and work, that's all.

achi
30-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't think so. While I appreciate that it is a safe, clean country and all that, the pace of living is extremely fast. If you don't have a university certificate that's probably the end of the line for you (in most cases. Even graduates have trouble getting jobs).

And I absolutely hate the lack of nature and attractions...Singapore really is small. Sure, we are clean and modern and all that...but Singapore bores me. :( I don't understand why tourists come here. It's a place for education and work, that's all.

Was curious of what it's like that's why I went there.Umm yeh...lack of nature..being occupied now by the lots of buildings on there...but most countries are like that nowadays.Sentosa was great.I luv the cable car:LOL: There's a construction going on in there and its said to be Universal Studios..the first in SouthEast Asia,me thinks..something to look forward to for tourists.Just like you said,it's safe,clean and modern..reasons that's why tourists come in there...add up the weather(for some people that is).Tourism's good though.Probably fast-paced for you because you live there,hehe!But I think it's alright.The only thing I didn't like was the train system..or maybe I just suck at trains:LOL: (HongKong's train system is a lot easier...I love HK!)I will probably get to understood it when I come back!:p*hopefully soon*

Is education on there expensive? (say for post-grad)..just curious

kaere
02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Was curious of what it's like that's why I went there.Umm yeh...lack of nature..being occupied now by the lots of buildings on there...but most countries are like that nowadays.Sentosa was great.I luv the cable car:LOL: There's a construction going on in there and its said to be Universal Studios..the first in SouthEast Asia,me thinks..something to look forward to for tourists.Just like you said,it's safe,clean and modern..reasons that's why tourists come in there...add up the weather(for some people that is).Tourism's good though.Probably fast-paced for you because you live there,hehe!But I think it's alright.The only thing I didn't like was the train system..or maybe I just suck at trains:LOL: (HongKong's train system is a lot easier...I love HK!)I will probably get to understood it when I come back!:p*hopefully soon*

Is education on there expensive? (say for post-grad)..just curious

hello you guys we should talk more! surely there must be more singaporeans on here? ):
did anyone actually manage to go to that fort canning concert by the way? i'm kinda gutted that i wasn't that into them at that time :$ not to mention i had my A's that year as well, plus busy ccas so i probably wouldn't have had the time but still.. that's probably the nearest i'll come to seeing Muse live ):

personally i find singapore's pace just right really (: i came from hongkong and it's way faster there. i like it but singapore's just right, now that i'm studying in melbourne it's so slow :rolleyes:
sorry i can't help you with tertiary education in singapore, seeing as i'm studyign in aussie. (: but yeah singapore's transport system is pretty much similar to hongkong's, just that they have more dedicated services seeing as it's so huge (; all the mini vans and all.:happy:

achi
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
hello you guys we should talk more! surely there must be more singaporeans on here? ):
did anyone actually manage to go to that fort canning concert by the way? i'm kinda gutted that i wasn't that into them at that time :$ not to mention i had my A's that year as well, plus busy ccas so i probably wouldn't have had the time but still.. that's probably the nearest i'll come to seeing Muse live ):

personally i find singapore's pace just right really (: i came from hongkong and it's way faster there. i like it but singapore's just right, now that i'm studying in melbourne it's so slow :rolleyes:
sorry i can't help you with tertiary education in singapore, seeing as i'm studyign in aussie. (: but yeah singapore's transport system is pretty much similar to hongkong's, just that they have more dedicated services seeing as it's so huge (; all the mini vans and all.:happy:
I didn't see Muse in Singapore...it was in HongKong that I get to see them:happy:

Agreed...HongKong's more fast-paced really compared to Singapore.But yeh Singapore's alright..would be nice to come back again.It's that slow in Melbourne?
No worries bout the education system hun...I was just giving it a thought of what's it like to study in there;)

MiZMUSE
09-06-2009, 07:11 AM

i think its the maybank building? the big fat one

MiZMUSE
09-06-2009, 07:13 AM
i want a muse shirt!!!

oh where can i get a muse poster, i want one in my room

far east sells them dear (:
its a weird named shop, and its real small, like half the usual size of the shop
unfortunately i forgot the effin name, but imma get back here when i see it again
they sell band shirts, and they sell alot of muse ones, even the jacket too (:

posters i-have-no-idea-where-to-buy
but i got the tour poster form when they came here 2 years ago. i tuck it in my closet to protect it from my cats..
they have an uncanny ability to pull them down D:

kaere
09-06-2009, 07:21 AM
far east sells them dear (:
its a weird named shop, and its real small, like half the usual size of the shop
unfortunately i forgot the effin name, but imma get back here when i see it again
they sell band shirts, and they sell alot of muse ones, even the jacket too (:

posters i-have-no-idea-where-to-buy
but i got the tour poster form when they came here 2 years ago. i tuck it in my closet to protect it from my cats..
they have an uncanny ability to pull them down D:

:eek: the singapore thread is still alive! funny how nobody ever posts here :LOL:
about muse shirts, maybe peninsula plaza has them as well? they have lots of those band tees, but then they're fake. D:

MiZMUSE
09-06-2009, 07:24 AM
i cant believe i posted 3 times teehee.
i just joined the forums cos of what happened this morning
wee, anyone heard it too?
omgah i flipped in the bus and started SMILING and everyone started staring blerdy hell.

dan & young in the morning in 987fm (vendetta was missing), and it was their "today in history" section. then they were like "its rock legend Matt Bellamy's birthday today! He turns 3-1"

i smiled like a doo-dum, then they played a snippet of starlight. bleargh i wanted supermassive.

yeah i thought of a way of starting this thread again.
How did you get to know about MUSE?
What the first song you heard?

anyway i guess i'll start (:

THE DAY OF ENLIGHTENMENT (did i spell that right?)
heard supermassive on radio, it was the "new this week" part.
gosh i fell-IN-LOVE. requested for it like 3 times
then i went to my friends and said "you know MUSE?!!"
and they were like 'WHO?!"

so yea, practically no one knows them then, it was like 2 years ago.

but now, im in ngee ann and once in awhile i see awesome people wearing muse tees (I WANNA KISS THEM) and theyre mostly guys for some weird reason. plus they have BH&R and HAARP in the music library. i feel loved (:

MiZMUSE
09-06-2009, 07:25 AM
:eek: the singapore thread is still alive! funny how nobody ever posts here :LOL:
about muse shirts, maybe peninsula plaza has them as well? they have lots of those band tees, but then they're fake. D:

yeaap theyve got some too (: YES I SHALL REVIVE THIS THANG! its easy to fake a muse top, just smack the logo, a few birds, and put absolution small small. HEHE

kaere
09-06-2009, 07:33 AM
:eek: they did? i can't believe they actually know his birthday! :awesome:
hehe yes that's true, i used to get so many band tees from there. but have since stopped wearing them :happy:

Muse have become quite big in singapore recently, i remember my friend discussing starlight three years ago :happy:

Demonocracy
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
dan & young in the morning in 987fm (vendetta was missing), and it was their "today in history" section. then they were like "its rock legend Matt Bellamy's birthday today! He turns 3-1"

i smiled like a doo-dum, then they played a snippet of starlight. bleargh i wanted supermassive.

yeah i thought of a way of starting this thread again.
How did you get to know about MUSE?
What the first song you heard?

anyway i guess i'll start (:

THE DAY OF ENLIGHTENMENT (did i spell that right?)
heard supermassive on radio, it was the "new this week" part.
gosh i fell-IN-LOVE. requested for it like 3 times
then i went to my friends and said "you know MUSE?!!"
and they were like 'WHO?!"

so yea, practically no one knows them then, it was like 2 years ago.

but now, im in ngee ann and once in awhile i see awesome people wearing muse tees (I WANNA KISS THEM) and theyre mostly guys for some weird reason. plus they have BH&R and HAARP in the music library. i feel loved (:

WHYWHYWHY WASNT I LISTENING TO 987 AT THAT TIME :(((((((((((((((

Any idea if i can hear a clip of that anywhere?

Day of Enlightenment: Went for a concert/gig/talentime at my bro's sch in 07
First Song: Hmm. Hysteria or Plug in Baby. Both songs were played there.

After that, it took some time, but im hooked now :)

but tbh, getting a little bored... once in a while i will suddenly have a "craving" to listen to one of their songs (today its fury ^^) , but I'm really looking forward to new material!

And i do hope their resistance tour comes to Singapore again! I got to know them only in the July of the year they did their first and only (so far) gig here :(

Demonocracy
10-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Anyway, when they next come to Singapore (early next year, i hope?), where would you like to see them?

I've never been to a gig, so anyone that been to fort canning, how was that?

I think the atmosphere would be great, but then again if they go to somewhere like Victoria Concert Hall... HMM THAT'LL BE INTERESTING.

It'll be rude for him not to play the beast! ^^

Demonocracy
10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Yikes am I posting too much? Someone talk please! Tell me I'm not alone in this deserted place!

Anyway, was just thinking - on which radio station would I most likely get to hear Muse? I've never heard them on the radio but I've seen Muscle Museum on MTV Asia once!

And we've missed it this year, but there's always next year. and the next. and the next.

Next year, on Mattday, lets all call in and dedicate songs on the radio. If we have enough people, let's get the radio to play the whole of "The Resistance". Each person one track, one by one. I wonder how would the station respond? ^^ Maybe they will not accept dedications for the rest of the day :)

Tim

monkeyinair
10-06-2009, 02:08 PM
So weird to see the Singapore thread afloat. :LOL:

monkeyinair
10-06-2009, 02:09 PM
HAHA VCH! It'd be a bit weird. Can't stand, can't jump around. I think Fort Canning's still my fave venue in S'pore.

Demonocracy
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM

Why? Our beaches do have things to keep people afloat dont they? Hint hint: Flotation devices :D

monkeyinair
10-06-2009, 02:17 PM
:facepalm: :LOL:

Eesh! You went to their concert @ Fort Canning 2 years ago?

Demonocracy
10-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Nope i didnt... and i really regret not knowing them earlier...

Well we'll see them next year, i hope!

Hmm your siggy says you're not Asian... So you're an expat i guess?

On a random note, the weather has been terrible recently.

monkeyinair
10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Haha no I'm not Asian at all! Yes! I just went jogging and oh my god, it's so warm.

kaere
11-06-2009, 11:23 AM

haha i know, right! and no school/exam talk in sight! :awesome:

MiZMUSE
12-06-2009, 02:26 AM
wee the thread's starting up agains woots.

yea i went to the gig on 16JAN 2 years ago. my first gig ever and ive got a growing fondness for fort canning (: watched Jet and Fire Fight there too. i want it there again haha. partly becasue i dont want to get into the hassle of finding the damn location. HEHEH

i think they'll have an asian tour soon. just keep requesting for them on sistic website hehe (:

Demonocracy
12-06-2009, 06:10 AM
okay i'll go request now lol

havent been to a gig before, so - how does the tickets sell?

Is it like moshpit and then just general tickets? How much was it last time? I think the price for the Resistance tour is higher though...

MiZMUSE
13-06-2009, 04:44 AM
okay i'll go request now lol

havent been to a gig before, so - how does the tickets sell?

Is it like moshpit and then just general tickets? How much was it last time? I think the price for the Resistance tour is higher though...

yeah 987 only plays map of the problematique, starlight, supermassive, and knights unfortunately. i requested for new born once but they said they didnt have and played supermassive. not that i mind really (:

the tickets for 16thJAN were 98 for earlybirds. there was the $10 student discount too. cheap cheap! but unfortunately my parents wouldnt let me go till about a week before the concert and i had to pay 112. its still a good price though. the whole thing is free-standing, means only one ticket price, first come first serve. i went like 5 hours before the concert so i was all the way in front (:

as long as the gig's in fort canning you can expect free-standing tickets, i dont think they'll install seats in the mud. if its indoor stadium or max-pavillion then ticet prices will surely be much higher and theres seats

Demonocracy
13-06-2009, 03:54 PM
OKAY 987 HAS GOT A NEW FOLLOWER :D

Anyway about the gig tix: I guess that'l be great! We can like go queue up early early then stand at the front/centre right in front of the stage :P

ANDANDANDAND LETS STALK THE BAND. AFTER THE GIG HANG AROUND TO MEET THEM IN PERSON

oops sorry i think im going mad. its for muse, so its okay :$

Demonocracy
13-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Anyone know how/when/where did they arrive the previous time? Changi Airport? Was any of you there?

We can like wait for them at the airport! :D

oops stalker instincts

MiZMUSE
15-06-2009, 08:44 AM
HAHA i heard you could find their flight details, but i was really busy when they came that week (i had to skip my CCA on 16th..). i figured since i wont be able to stalk them at the airport, i wont even find the details to spare me from the torture teehee.

BUT YEAH when they come again im totally gonna stalk (hehe?) WHO'S WITH ME. in times like this, being in a small country helps..

Demonocracy
15-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Would love to do so!:D

But yeah, it would be slightly troublesome if it was a normal weekday and theres sch the next day... Best would be friday arrival, saturday gig :D

MiZMUSE
16-06-2009, 04:24 AM
i think they came way before the gig the other time. they had lots of interviews to do (:
yeah man, i had sch the next day after the gig and i lost my voice :x

Demonocracy
16-06-2009, 06:38 AM
ah then we can go to the radio stations where they are being interviewed

lady dementia
16-06-2009, 10:39 AM
helloo im from indonesia but im going to study in singapore so yeah i guess that makes me a singaporean muser for a while? :p

kaere
16-06-2009, 10:55 AM
helloo im from indonesia but im going to study in singapore so yeah i guess that makes me a singaporean muser for a while? :p
i remember you from seeing your sig around! :LOL: well i'm from singapore and i'm studying in aussie so i guess i should go to the australian thread then :LOL:
i'm guessing you'll be there for uni then? :happy:

lady dementia
17-06-2009, 03:54 AM
i remember you from seeing your sig around! :LOL: well i'm from singapore and i'm studying in aussie so i guess i should go to the australian thread then :LOL:
i'm guessing you'll be there for uni then? :happy:

not necessarily :LOL: i still post in the indonesian thread too..
yeah im going to lasalle this august, got a tuition grant from singapore government :)
where are you studying in aussie btw?
any lasalle or other singaporean uni students here?

Demonocracy
17-06-2009, 04:10 AM
so we have a date! :D

Is it international? And what does pre-ordering mean? What difference does it make?

Or we can like just flood the stores on the 14th... And which store would have it? HMV (but thats so far away...well for muse ill go lol)?

kaere
17-06-2009, 04:20 AM
not necessarily :LOL: i still post in the indonesian thread too..
yeah im going to lasalle this august, got a tuition grant from singapore government :)
where are you studying in aussie btw?
any lasalle or other singaporean uni students here?
heh i was just joking, i don't hang out with enough locals to really call myself aussified :facepalm: there's so many singaporeans/malaysians/chinese here it's practically same as back home!
i'm studying in melb university :happy:
wowww lasalle! what are you studying there? :happy:
so we have a date! :D

Or we can like just flood the stores on the 14th... And which store would have it? HMV (but thats so far away...well for muse ill go lol)?

MUSER MEET UP! :awesome:
except i won't be in sg at that time :supersad:

lady dementia
17-06-2009, 05:11 AM
heh i was just joking, i don't hang out with enough locals to really call myself aussified :facepalm: there's so many singaporeans/malaysians/chinese here it's practically same as back home!

ooo melb uni, i almost applied there but since they dont have interior design as a course.... what are you studying? :happy:
im taking interior design but i have to start from foundation level *sigh*

wooo is this a meet up for The Resistance hunting? :p
i'll be in singapore already by that time so if you guys wanna have a meet up, count me in! :happy:

kaere
17-06-2009, 05:29 AM
ooo melb uni, i almost applied there but since they dont have interior design as a course.... what are you studying? :happy:
im taking interior design but i have to start from foundation level *sigh*
awww! i have a few archi friends here, their lives are crazy! all projects all the time, no sleep, the archi building is open almost 24hours for the zombiefied students to continue working on their models and such :supersad:

i'm doing a science degree at the moment, animal cell biology! :happy: i really like it, but nothing that i study can be seen with the naked eye :facepalm:

what do you mean foundation level? :$ *is ignorant of arts things*

wooo is this a meet up for The Resistance hunting? :p
i'll be in singapore already by that time so if you guys wanna have a meet up, count me in! :happy:
IS JEALOUS :supersad:

lady dementia
17-06-2009, 05:36 AM
awww! i have a few archi friends here, their lives are crazy! all projects all the time, no sleep, the archi building is open almost 24hours for the zombiefied students to continue working on their models and such :supersad:

i'm doing a science degree at the moment, animal cell biology! :happy: i really like it, but nothing that i study can be seen with the naked eye :facepalm:

what do you mean foundation level? :$ *is ignorant of arts things*

IS JEALOUS :supersad:

yeah but that's archi, dont know about interior though.. hopefully it will be less dreadful :LOL:
foundation is like the preparation year before the 1st year of uni, so i waste another year after taking IB back to this foundation. oh well.. hahaha..

animal cell? eh thats cool! before deciding to take interior i used to consider taking biotechnology. i love science too :D

aww dont worry, i bet there are a lot of musers there in aussie ;) when are you gonna be back in singapore?
i hope muse will play here again though..

kaere
17-06-2009, 05:42 AM
yeah but that's archi, dont know about interior though.. hopefully it will be less dreadful :LOL:
foundation is like the preparation year before the 1st year of uni, so i waste another year after taking IB back to this foundation. oh well.. hahaha..
oh right! :$ ah well at least you can use the time to settle down? :/ i regret not coming to melb to do foundation instead, it's so much harder to make friends in uni :supersad:

animal cell? eh thats cool! before deciding to take interior i used to consider taking biotechnology. i love science too :D
:O biotech! i wanted to do that too but i tried an attachment at a lab at NUS and i barely survived the month :LOL:

aww dont worry, i bet there are a lot of musers there in aussie ;) when are you gonna be back in singapore?
i don't really know any of them though, the one i do know hasn't been on in quite a while :supersad: i'll be back in july and december-feb :awesome: but not sure where i'll be in the long term, i want to stay in england for a while :happy:
how long is your course? i assume you'll be there for quite a bit? :happy:

i hope muse will play here again though..
I KNOW RIGHT :facepalm: i was in j2 when they came in 07, and was already listening to them lots (just not a REAL fan, i didn't know any of the members or anything), and i remember considering and passing up on the show :facepalm:

Demonocracy
17-06-2009, 07:16 AM
<< --! STOP !-- >>

No more studies talk.

Haha just joking... but seems like we're back to studies again. Singapore's thread real Singaporean yea :D

kaere
17-06-2009, 07:44 AM
<< --! STOP !-- >>

No more studies talk.

Haha just joking... but seems like we're back to studies again. Singapore's thread real Singaporean yea :D

heh sorry :$ but at least we're just discussing general stuff about what we're doing with our lives and not specific h1/h2 combinations, tys or school stereotypes! :D and no army talk either! :eek:
:awesome:

MiZMUSE
17-06-2009, 07:50 AM
ooo im aiming to go to australia for uni too heheh (: but thats in like 2 years so blah.

MiZMUSE
17-06-2009, 07:55 AM
OKAY RESISTANCE MEET UP YES? and since we're meeting up we might as well go HMV. no lazy lazy!

if we're buying on the day itself then its a lil troublesome for me, ive got sch. blah. i guess we can pre-order and hope for goodies inside or something HEHEH

kaere
17-06-2009, 07:55 AM
ooo im aiming to go to australia for uni too heheh (: but thats in like 2 years so blah.

come to melbourne! if everything goes right i'll still be here at that time :awesome:

MiZMUSE
17-06-2009, 08:09 AM
heheh awesome! yea i did hear that studying in aussie is about the same as studying in sg. alot of asians

Demonocracy
17-06-2009, 10:50 AM
well i've got school too.. first day of term 4 somemore! Ugh.

can still go i guess! anything for muse ^^

Demonocracy
17-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Oh can somebody explain pre-ordering to me please? Sorry I'm clueless :(

lady dementia
17-06-2009, 12:45 PM
oh right! :$ ah well at least you can use the time to settle down? :/ i regret not coming to melb to do foundation instead, it's so much harder to make friends in uni :supersad:

:O biotech! i wanted to do that too but i tried an attachment at a lab at NUS and i barely survived the month :LOL:

i don't really know any of them though, the one i do know hasn't been on in quite a while :supersad: i'll be back in july and december-feb :awesome: but not sure where i'll be in the long term, i want to stay in england for a while :happy:
how long is your course? i assume you'll be there for quite a bit? :happy:

I KNOW RIGHT :facepalm: i was in j2 when they came in 07, and was already listening to them lots (just not a REAL fan, i didn't know any of the members or anything), and i remember considering and passing up on the show :facepalm:

me tooo i really wanna go to the UK, hopefully for my master (and yes im gonna look for another scholarship, UK is hella damn expensive :()
my course is 3 years but since i have to start from foundation, it'll be 4 years.
plus i have this bond with MOE to work in spore for minimum 3 years after i graduate. guess i will be a true singaporean then :D
okay enough with the study talk we're bothering the rest of the musers here :LOL:

btw, does anyone have any idea where can i get the "Out of This World: The Story of Muse" by mark beaumont in singapore? i've searched in borders and HMV but they dont have it :erm:

kaere
17-06-2009, 01:13 PM
me tooo i really wanna go to the UK, hopefully for my master (and yes im gonna look for another scholarship, UK is hella damn expensive :()
my course is 3 years but since i have to start from foundation, it'll be 4 years.
plus i have this bond with MOE to work in spore for minimum 3 years after i graduate. guess i will be a true singaporean then :D
okay enough with the study talk we're bothering the rest of the musers here :LOL:

btw, does anyone have any idea where can i get the "Out of This World: The Story of Muse" by mark beaumont in singapore? i've searched in borders and HMV but they dont have it :erm:

:awesome: we should meet in the uk! and yes the sg govt and their bonds *sigh*

oh i have that book, i don't really intend to keep it! do you want it? (: i could sell it to you for cheaper or something :happy:
or else you can get it from ebay :happy:

sorry about the preordering thing though! i've no idea how/where/when to do it :$

lady dementia
17-06-2009, 02:01 PM
:awesome: we should meet in the uk! and yes the sg govt and their bonds *sigh*

oh i have that book, i don't really intend to keep it! do you want it? (: i could sell it to you for cheaper or something :happy:
or else you can get it from ebay :happy:

sorry about the preordering thing though! i've no idea how/where/when to do it :$

why not? is it rubbish? a lot of people say it's better than Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum though.. but if you plan to sell it cheaper, YES I DO WANT IT :D
yeah ebay's good, but the shipping cost is even a lot more expensive than the product itself so yeah..
i already asked my friend to buy it for me too, she's on a trip to europe. if she doesnt get the book then i'll buy it from you ;)

kaere
17-06-2009, 02:14 PM
why not? is it rubbish? a lot of people say it's better than Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum though.. but if you plan to sell it cheaper, YES I DO WANT IT :D
yeah ebay's good, but the shipping cost is even a lot more expensive than the product itself so yeah..
i already asked my friend to buy it for me too, she's on a trip to europe. if she doesnt get the book then i'll buy it from you ;)

heh i haven't read it, but i will soon after the exams. it's just that i've got lots of things and would like to clear out some of them! :happy: yeah i got it for like $30 in the end i think :facepalm: heard it was pretty good though and yes much better than muscle museum :happy:

yeah well you can always find me here! :awesome:

MiZMUSE
18-06-2009, 07:42 AM
HEY WHATS THOSE BOOKS? omg i dont know a shiz about them. alamak.

when its closer to sept 14, HMV should be open for pre-ordering. just tell the counter you wanna pre-order, they take down your particulars, then you pay abit first (as down-payment, so you dont run away without really buying it i guess?) then DONE. so when sept 14th comes, go up to the counter and they'll have the resistance for you immediately. WOO

Demonocracy
18-06-2009, 08:11 AM
thanks mizmuse!

So how do we know when the album is open for pre-ordering? And theres an extra charge i suppose? (And with that, some goodies too ^^)

kaere
18-06-2009, 08:22 AM
HEY WHATS THOSE BOOKS? omg i dont know a shiz about them. alamak.

:LOL: this is the first time i've seen singlish on here! i nearly lolled :D

they're two unauthorised Muse biographies, apparently Muse: inside the muscle museum isn't as good as Out of This World :happy: but out of this world also has lots of mistakes, or so i've heard :erm:

there's threads on them:
out of this world
(http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=57146&highlight=world)
muscle museum
(http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=15087&highlight=inside+muscle+museum)
comparison (http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=59407&highlight=inside+muscle+museum) :happy:

sKeL`
18-06-2009, 02:25 PM
yo countrymen, maybe we can gather at HMV on 140909? citylink or hereen will be fine. hahaha=p

can't wait for the tracklists and their tour here.

Nutcracker
18-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Hello guys! Nice to see people here.:nerd:

thanks mizmuse!

So how do we know when the album is open for pre-ordering? And theres an extra charge i suppose? (And with that, some goodies too ^^)

I seriously think that you don't need to pre-order. Just go down to HMV and grab your copy on the 14th Sept. At least that's what I did for BHAR :)

MiZMUSE
18-06-2009, 02:50 PM
yeah, however much it pains me to say this, i dont think demand will be that high. NOW I NEED TO SCRUB MY MOUTH. heh.

so nearer to the 14th we make plans to meet yes? heheh. gosh if they dont tour here imma dig a hole and bury myself..

Octazooka
18-06-2009, 02:58 PM

Wee let's! :)

MiZMUSE
20-06-2009, 01:59 PM
hmm where can i buy the muse books?

Demonocracy
22-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Singapore moves from containment to mitigation with regards to H1N1 and SCHOOLS REOPEN ON SCHEDULE

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/437803/1/.html

:(

MiZMUSE
23-06-2009, 12:16 PM
major suckish

monkeyinair
27-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Rise, thread! Riiiiseee!!

Argh the stupid AYG. My band's performing for some stupid march pass thing and argh, so throw face. :mad:

kaere
27-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Rise, thread! Riiiiseee!!

Argh the stupid AYG. My band's performing for some stupid march pass thing and argh, so throw face. :mad:

AYG? :confused: is it some newfangled thing that i'm now too old to know of :supersad:
:LOL: it took me a second to figure out what throw face meant! :$

monkeyinair
27-06-2009, 04:22 PM
AYG? :confused: is it some newfangled thing that i'm now too old to know of :supersad:
:LOL: it took me a second to figure out what throw face meant! :$

Asian Youth Games. It's so silly! I've already stepped down from band lah then my stupid juniors all so CMI at their instrus that my conductor's calling all the Sec 4 percussionists back and I like can't even remember the song so I only have maybe around half an hour during recess to learn and memorise the stupid song.

Oh, are you studying at the University of Melbourne? I think my senior's there.

kaere
27-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Asian Youth Games. It's so silly! I've already stepped down from band lah then my stupid juniors all so CMI at their instrus that my conductor's calling all the Sec 4 percussionists back and I like can't even remember the song so I only have maybe around half an hour during recess to learn and memorise the stupid song.

Oh, are you studying at the University of Melbourne? I think my senior's there.

i get such a kick seeing singlish on here, it's such a cheap thrill :LOL::$

ahhh right. that kinda sucks, plus prelims are coming up right? :(
i've noticed that juniors seem to be getting more and more cmi :/ mine were very slack and their parents kept complaining, so my teachers babied them like nobody's business. (i was in red cross :$) after a few batches it got so slack that it's not even like a uniformed group anymore! :facepalm:

yup i am! who's your senior? :happy:

monkeyinair
27-06-2009, 07:34 PM
i get such a kick seeing singlish on here, it's such a cheap thrill :LOL::$

i've noticed that juniors seem to be getting more and more cmi :/ mine were very slack and their parents kept complaining, so my teachers babied them like nobody's business. (i was in red cross :$) after a few batches it got so slack that it's not even like a uniformed group anymore! :facepalm:

yup i am! who's your senior? :happy:

In 10 weeks times and my L1R5 for last term was like... 40+. I'm so epic man. It's not really so much of us minding going back to help them out for that AYG thing. But srsly after so bloody hell long we can't even leave the section with a peace of mind!! Poo poo! :mad:

YES! Everyone's becoming damn marshmallow okay. So annoying. Our juniors also! Then the teachers are another useless bunch of faggots. They removed drills for one year and the discipline dropped like fuck all. Then they're putting it back now but the leading batch have super shit drills cos they never learn!!

Cheng Onyu, y'know?

kaere
27-06-2009, 08:14 PM
In 10 weeks times and my L1R5 for last term was like... 40+. I'm so epic man. It's not really so much of us minding going back to help them out for that AYG thing. But srsly after so bloody hell long we can't even leave the section with a peace of mind!! Poo poo! :mad:

YES! Everyone's becoming damn marshmallow okay. So annoying. Our juniors also! Then the teachers are another useless bunch of faggots. They removed drills for one year and the discipline dropped like fuck all. Then they're putting it back now but the leading batch have super shit drills cos they never learn!!

Cheng Onyu, y'know?

ah well only the real L1R5 counts anyway, so all the best! (:
yeah i get what you mean though, it's quite irritating that they can't do it on their own even though your sec3s have already taken over and should have been ready by then. :facepalm: we did have similar problems too, and recently my batch went back and everything was just so :facepalm: -_-

ah yeah the teachers!! super scared of parents, super anal, can't pump, can't punish, can't play night games (and that was four years ago!) now it's even worse, it's not really a surprise that the standards are dropping more and more. and removing drills for a year is really not the best decision -_-

ahh nope. :/

MiZMUSE
29-06-2009, 04:16 AM
haha agreed. juniors are way too pampered and teachers have the im-not-paid-enough-to-do-this attitude. but i was in performing arts anyway, and i had to go back for 3 months while waiting for poly to start to help train the new sec 1s. bleh.

DO YOU NOTICE THAT THIS THREAD ALWAYS GOES BACK TO EDUCATION RELATED MATTERS. haha (:

ashikethra
30-06-2009, 05:14 AM
DO YOU NOTICE THAT THIS THREAD ALWAYS GOES BACK TO EDUCATION RELATED MATTERS. haha (:

Well... I guess it's coz most people who are into Muse are from the younger generation, and therefore from the student union. XD Therefore, the first thing on a student's mind would be stuff related to school like OMG EXAMS I HATE YOU! And stuff liddat.

Speaking of which, I think I may be damn noob at this, but does anyone know whether Muse will be like releasing singles first, or will they release the album first, then release the singles later? Coz I really wanna get my hands on the singles and all the B-sides as well - their B-sides are sometimes freaking inspired! Like, I think at least one-third of the time my favorite Muse song is a B-side instead of one of their more well known songs, and it's so difficult to find their B-sides. Or if anyone knows where to get the old singles and stuff with all their B-sides, that would be appreciated too XD I only have what I can get from the web *sobs* and friends.

monkeyinair
30-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Wah lao eh. I'm getting a fucking 0 for my English Orals prelim because I was sick and didn't get and MC. I mean, I had a freaking sore throat and a teacher called me the day before the exam to tell me to print out all the travel declaration stuff then she heard my voice and asked me if I was all right. I said no, I have a sore throat and she asked me to stay home. So I just kinda assumed that since it's the school who asked me to stay home and that a teacher heard my voice anyway and knew that I was sick, I didn't need to bother my parents to pay money to go to a doctor and get an MC. I mean, I just had a sore throat. Not like I was dying. And I guess it's my fault lah like I shouldn't have just assumed, after all, before the holidays my teacher already told us to get MC if I was sick. But I just feel damn pissed off lah. Like I wanted to do well for my prelims and without sitting for a single fucking paper I'm effed up already. It's like 20% of the English paper and I was banking on oral because I'm good at it. So obviously I'm pissed off. And my English teacher also didn't know I was sick. Like I thought the teacher who called me told me that she'd tell my teacher. So I don't know what the fuck is going on except that I'm getting a fucking 0.

FUCK.

MiZMUSE
01-07-2009, 02:29 AM
Wah lao eh. I'm getting a fucking 0 for my English Orals prelim because I was sick and didn't get and MC. I mean, I had a freaking sore throat and a teacher called me the day before the exam to tell me to print out all the travel declaration stuff then she heard my voice and asked me if I was all right. I said no, I have a sore throat and she asked me to stay home. So I just kinda assumed that since it's the school who asked me to stay home and that a teacher heard my voice anyway and knew that I was sick, I didn't need to bother my parents to pay money to go to a doctor and get an MC. I mean, I just had a sore throat. Not like I was dying. And I guess it's my fault lah like I shouldn't have just assumed, after all, before the holidays my teacher already told us to get MC if I was sick. But I just feel damn pissed off lah. Like I wanted to do well for my prelims and without sitting for a single fucking paper I'm effed up already. It's like 20% of the English paper and I was banking on oral because I'm good at it. So obviously I'm pissed off. And my English teacher also didn't know I was sick. Like I thought the teacher who called me told me that she'd tell my teacher. So I don't know what the fuck is going on except that I'm getting a fucking 0.

FUCK.

dude. relax. (:
i know prelims can be a huge encouragement when you do well, but after all, its still just prelims. believe me, i put in a shitload of effort for my prelims last year and i had 24 for L1R5, and i was 2nd last in class. friggin embarrassing. but after all, its just prelims. you gotta remember that. Os is the real thin youre workin for yes?

smile (:

MiZMUSE
01-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Speaking of which, I think I may be damn noob at this, but does anyone know whether Muse will be like releasing singles first, or will they release the album first, then release the singles later? Coz I really wanna get my hands on the singles and all the B-sides as well - their B-sides are sometimes freaking inspired! Like, I think at least one-third of the time my favorite Muse song is a B-side instead of one of their more well known songs, and it's so difficult to find their B-sides. Or if anyone knows where to get the old singles and stuff with all their B-sides, that would be appreciated too XD I only have what I can get from the web *sobs* and friends.

i have no idea where to get them B-sides either! usually bands release their single out before the albums come out. its like a promotion for the album itself too. I FRIGGIN CANT WAIT FOR IT. btu i dunnow where to get them bsides leh.. i tried finding in HMV before. maybe i just didnt open my eyes wide enough..

pandorasboxers
01-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Aaaah...L1R5...those were the good old days. I remember getting a 22 for prelims and getting an 11 for O levels...which included an improvement in A-maths from an F9 to A2...that was sweet.

My school is quite well-known for setting killer A-maths papers.

bulletbox
04-07-2009, 01:45 AM

YES I have freaking prelims on 14th september. dfh djfhddfbsd fisdfskdf. i want to burn down the school. grrrrrrrrrrr.

MiZMUSE
08-07-2009, 10:53 AM
1. Uprising
2. Resistance
3. Undisclosed Desires
4. United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)
5. Guiding Light
6. Unnatural Selection
7. MK ULTRA
8. I BELONG TO YOU (+Mon Coeur S’Ouvre A Ta Voix)
9. EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART I (Overture)
10. EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART II (Cross Pollination)
11. EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART III (Redemption)

bah. suddenly aint looking forward to the cd as much..

lightamps
11-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey Muse fans,

From what I know, there's a number of Muse listeners that do listen to the danish band Mew as well. And if you're a frenger, please do support by signing here:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SEAsiaFrengers

As they are coming down to Indonesia on Aug 9 (which is falls on National Day!), there's a number of fans in M'sia and S'pore who are voicing their request for them to have stopovers here as well. When I get sufficient and reasonable amount of people, I'm then able to address all the requests to their tour manager.

Also, do join: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100341482902#/group.php?gid=100341482902

Thanks a lot! And sorry that I hjack this forum and have offended anyone.

lady dementia
13-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey Muse fans,

From what I know, there's a number of Muse listeners that do listen to the danish band Mew as well. And if you're a frenger, please do support by signing here:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SEAsiaFrengers

As they are coming down to Indonesia on Aug 9 (which is falls on National Day!), there's a number of fans in M'sia and S'pore who are voicing their request for them to have stopovers here as well. When I get sufficient and reasonable amount of people, I'm then able to address all the requests to their tour manager.

Also, do join: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100341482902#/group.php?gid=100341482902

Thanks a lot! And sorry that I hjack this forum and have offended anyone.

ehh sorry, but did you say THEYRE COMING TO INDO ON AUG 9??:eek::eek:
where did you get that info from?? aaaaaa they MUST come to singapore too, i will be studying there by that time (if this is really true)

edit: sorry i've mistaken your post haha i read that as MUSE haha my bad :p

MiZMUSE
15-07-2009, 01:54 AM
haha! i read that as muse too! okay weird.

RAWR. muse seems to favour the parisians. they get to have free tickets. did yall read through the ununited states of eurasia thingy?

SGmuse
15-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Sup singapore musers, it's been awhile since i came here.

Demonocracy
19-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Hey! Havent been here in ages. Do you all think we might have a part in the treasure hunt? HK has been locked but SG has not been highlighted in red!

MiZMUSE
19-07-2009, 10:31 AM
rawr. muse only has 6 parts to project eurasia, so i think hongkong is as near is it gets. and yea, im also wondering where to get singles from

Demonocracy
23-07-2009, 08:51 AM
hey fellow sg musers,

anyone knows if hmv would have the nme copy of muse by tmr? I'm thinking of getting it but I dont wanna go all the way to city hall then its not there :P

ashikethra
24-07-2009, 07:34 AM
hey fellow sg musers,

anyone knows if hmv would have the nme copy of muse by tmr? I'm thinking of getting it but I dont wanna go all the way to city hall then its not there :P

I have no idea, but if it is, someone please let us know? I wanna grab a copy of it too! Thanks!

Oh, and will the single/album be released on the same day worldwide? Coz if it is, I'll have to get someone else to get it for me since it'll be during my exam period *sulks*

Demonocracy
24-07-2009, 08:11 AM
hey have tweeted to hmv to ask, and unfortunately they do not carry it (though i'm quite sure i've seen a copy of nme in there before...) anyone knows where to get it?we gotta be quick since nme is weekly, isnt it?

Octazooka
28-07-2009, 03:27 PM
hey have tweeted to hmv to ask, and unfortunately they do not carry it (though i'm quite sure i've seen a copy of nme in there before...) anyone knows where to get it?we gotta be quick since nme is weekly, isnt it?

There should be right?

Other alternative is Kerrang! :D

And oh, NDP's coming up and we have for the first time Electrico performing the NDP song! :D :D Kudos to that, I was expecting Stef Sun again :facepalm:

Octazooka
28-07-2009, 03:28 PM
rawr. muse only has 6 parts to project eurasia, so i think hongkong is as near is it gets. and yea, im also wondering where to get singles from

Nope, 7 parts. USA became part of the project, that was kinda last minute and they had to decide on whether to activate the key or not.. And I love that USOE song! It's on max replay at the moment for me :happy:

kaere
28-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Nope, 7 parts. USA became part of the project, that was kinda last minute and they had to decide on whether to activate the key or not.. And I love that USOE song! It's on max replay at the moment for me :happy:
you're from singapore! :eek:
i've seen you around :happy:

just came back from there! a happy eleven days spent eating bak chor mee and drinking tehbing :happy: <3

Octazooka
28-07-2009, 03:36 PM
you're from singapore! :eek:
i've seen you around :happy:

just came back from there! a happy eleven days spent eating bak chor mee and drinking tehbing :happy: <3
:dance:

I'm from teh little red dot :D

Crap I miss my bak chor mee :supersad: :supersad: There's no good bak chor mee in me workplace! :facepalm:

kaere
28-07-2009, 03:56 PM
:dance:

I'm from teh little red dot :D

Crap I miss my bak chor mee :supersad: :supersad: There's no good bak chor mee in me workplace! :facepalm:

:awesome: i'm pretty much willing to settle for any. :LOL::$
not a typical singaporean foodie here.

aww! the other day i went to have lunch at raffles place with a friend, and we watched the working crowd. wonder how it feels like to work. :happy:

edit: i just saw your fb, amazingly we have NO mutual friends! which is a rarity, singapore is so puuuuny. :awesome:

Octazooka
28-07-2009, 04:01 PM
:awesome: i'm pretty much willing to settle for any. :LOL::$
not a typical singaporean foodie here.

aww! the other day i went to have lunch at raffles place with a friend, and we watched the working crowd. wonder how it feels like to work. :happy:

edit: i just saw your fb, amazingly we have NO mutual friends! which is a rarity, singapore is so puuuuny. :awesome:
No mutual friends! The horror! :eek:

Wow, Raffles Place? I worked there last time, now I'm at Biopolis for attachment :D I'm studying in Nanyang Polytechnic :)

Was that you I saw in the Avatar Theme thread thingy? :eek: