PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Muse Song On Guitar

Pages : [1] 2

Jacky Boy
26-09-2005, 05:49 PM
this is only for guitar pleyers really, but which muse song do u fing hardest to play on guitar? for me its stockholm, not because its difficult, but its really fast all the way through, and my wrist just aches loads by the end of the verse.

michelle_microcuts
26-09-2005, 05:59 PM
i agree with that....hahaha....its really fast...

Jabnit
26-09-2005, 06:06 PM
CLICK HERE (http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=4555&highlight=hardest+muse+song)

But just to answer your thread anyway... :rolleyes:
A lot of Muse songs are hard to play because of the effects, amps, and guitars Matt uses. But excluding that Stockholm Syndrome is probably the hardest.

Beast Love
26-09-2005, 06:19 PM
i've heard piano thing's a bitch

Moss
26-09-2005, 07:39 PM
I dont particularly mind stockholme, i reckon thoughts of a dying athiest, or piano thing, purly cos TOADA is fast picking on a different string each pick, n piano things just hard!

Enemy
26-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Stockholm's Easy!
The riff to Hysteria is a bit of a bastard, though. So's the solo, and basically the whole song takes ages to nail. And the fast all-string thrashing on Plug In Baby's chorus is rather challenging, I think. Citizen Erased... hmmm.... the little clean solos during the quiet parts I find annoying too...

christoph
26-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Hysteria I think, the first part of the solo is hard. Still can't play that bit, can play everything just that bit. Mind you, I do only have an acoustic.

BOD
26-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Stockholm's Easy!

Well, no it isn't.

Oh you guitarists.

wich is teh hardist?!!!!1 i can play stockholm at 900bpm~!!!!1111

Hardest doesn't necessarily mean the best, you know

christoph
26-09-2005, 09:12 PM
No-one's asking for the best song.

Reply was Stockholm Syndrome, which I think it is too. As a whole song, just that part on Hysteria is solid.

BOD
26-09-2005, 09:16 PM
No-one's asking for the best song.

I know, but it seems that people are always asking about the 'hardest this' 'hardest that' here. And I smell subliminal competition. Maybe that wasn't the intention here. It just makes me laugh a bit.

Ollie of Symmetry
26-09-2005, 09:17 PM
The Chord changes on the pickin bit on in the verse for sunburn if playin the piano on guitar is really hard at first, u soon get used to it i suppose tho, then thats kinda the same with the pre chorus to screenager, thats tricky...

Bewilders
26-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Screenager? Bedroom Acoustics?

Jacky Boy
27-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Stockholm's Easy!
The riff to Hysteria is a bit of a bastard, though. So's the solo
i find hysteria pretty easy actually, the new born solo is pretty hard to play

cupcakes'n'brie
27-09-2005, 06:36 PM
The Newborn solo really easy. I haven't really attempted many Muse songs, I have found that Bliss is trs hard, as like most songs because it is uber-fast and no matter how fast I try to play it, it always sounds wrong simply coz I am not quick enough.

Johanne28
27-09-2005, 06:41 PM
New Born is difficult, no ?

haze015
27-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Screenager is the most difficult to play, I have tiny little girly hands which weren't made for such stretches.

Every other song mentioned so far is piss easy to play though, Bliss is beyond easy to play, and Hysteria and SS are really easy to play, not that fast at all.

haze015
27-09-2005, 06:50 PM
New Born is difficult, no ?

No way is that song hard. Nothing by Muse is hard to play once you've learnt the basic skills.

i_love_muse-ic
27-09-2005, 06:52 PM
piano thing isn't that hard once u get the arpeggios worked out, only took me 5hours of solid practicing

~Hayles~
27-09-2005, 06:57 PM
I agree completley lol. I can usually work most Muse songs out by ear, but with solid practising and just through listening to the different parts, most stuff is easy to play!
For example, The Groove, and TOADA, and of course, on piano, Space Dementia :happy:
God I love playing that ;)

Romanticide
27-09-2005, 07:05 PM
piano thing isn't that hard once u get the arpeggios worked out, only took me 5hours of solid practicing

Do you have the sheet music to Piano Thing or did you learn by ear? I need the sheet music for that song, i'm hopeless at learning things by ear. Any help would be appreciated :).

All of muse's songs are difficult to play on guitar to begin with, I don't take guitar lessons and I haven't been playing for years but I like to run before I can walk and play all the cool stuff without the basics :p. But anyways, i've only mastered Hysteria but I think Microcuts is a bitch to get used to.

~Hayles~
27-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Microcuts is one of the easiest for me :$ I don't look at the board, it's sorta, a 'reflex action' - I just play it lol.
I'm quite a quick learner though lol! To say I've only been playing guitar for almost two years I'm pretty god damned proud :p

I DID have the music to Piano thing, but I deleted it :$ Bummer

i_love_muse-ic
27-09-2005, 07:12 PM
yes i do have the sheet music for piano thing, haven't really used it, i learnt most by ear and bits i got stuck on i just checked the sheet music, i think the sheet music is on microcuts.net

Imperium
27-09-2005, 08:55 PM
muse are easy to play i dont play them much plus they never sound right when i do cos im missing all his fancy shit :happy: stockholm is one of the easiest, one of the most structured, i play more SOAD, slipknot and the like these days

Jacky Boy
27-09-2005, 09:04 PM
I DID have the music to Piano thing, but I deleted it :$ Bummer

go to microcuts.net (http://www.microcuts.net) and click on tabs, it has sheet music for piano thing

SilentGod
28-09-2005, 12:21 AM
SS for me. I just can't hold the riff for long enough without making one mistake.

I know, but it seems that people are always asking about the 'hardest this' 'hardest that' here. And I smell subliminal competition. Maybe that wasn't the intention here. It just makes me laugh a bit.

It's called conversation.

and maybe some of us are genuinely interested in seeing whether other guitariists find the same songs hard for the sake of reassurance.

christoph
28-09-2005, 01:22 AM
BOD no like conversation. BOD mad make rant.

AstroPenguin
28-09-2005, 01:42 AM
this is only for guitar pleyers really, but which muse song do u fing hardest to play on guitar? for me its stockholm, not because its difficult, but its really fast all the way through, and my wrist just aches loads by the end of the verse.

if that song is the hardest than everything else must be easy... id have to say that somthing on their older albums would be the hardest

AstroPenguin
28-09-2005, 01:43 AM
I dont particularly mind stockholme, i reckon thoughts of a dying athiest, or piano thing, purly cos TOADA is fast picking on a different string each pick, n piano things just hard!

he uses a capo on TOADA if that makes it any easier

_stockholm_syndrome_
28-09-2005, 07:56 AM
I'd go with the clean and acoustic songs like falling away with you and screenager.

~Hayles~
28-09-2005, 06:14 PM
he uses a capo on TOADA if that makes it any easier
Once you've got the whole method of picking, like, erm, "dow-wn up up down" and so on, the down bit being the very beginning with the extra note lol
Thats how I do it anyways :)

Bewilders
28-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Screenager.

Beast Love
28-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Screenager.

yeah, well you would say that, wouldn't you?

Bewilders
28-09-2005, 06:57 PM
yeah, well you would say that, wouldn't you?
Eh?

Beast Love
28-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Eh?

I dunno :unsure:

I felt like retalliating...

but yeah, I find it hard because I suffer from an extreme-case of girl hands that don't do the stretchiness. Which are also quite slow. The live version of screenager on one of the OoS singles is so cool...

Bewilders
28-09-2005, 07:10 PM

but yeah, I find it hard because I suffer from an extreme-case of girl hands that don't do the stretchiness. Which are also quite slow. The live version of screenager on one of the OoS singles is so cool...
:rolleyes:

Yeah it is. Thats on the bliss single :)

NoteToSelf
28-09-2005, 07:14 PM
oh leave me alone I'm desperating in everything else than unintended :indiff: :indiff: :indiff:

haze015
28-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Same here, I can do the chords, just I don't like playing the verse of Screenager, the intro is one of my favourite "soloes" to play though, you can use so many different sounds for it and all sound good.

TheWidow
28-09-2005, 10:16 PM
there all simple

DJ Stay
28-09-2005, 10:32 PM
there all simple
Where is there?

TheWidow
28-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Where is there?

anywhere. :fro:

Bewilders
29-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Where is there?
God spotting. *Gives a point to Dan*

2 many Coffees
29-09-2005, 08:13 AM
i think Map of your head is hard...

Moss
29-09-2005, 01:08 PM
The live version of screenager on one of the OoS singles is so cool...

Would you mind sending me it?! i'm on msn! plintonio@hotmail.com

Thank you :D:D

smiddy
29-09-2005, 01:23 PM
No way is that song hard. Nothing by Muse is hard to play once you've learnt the basic skills.
toada, you need alot more than basic alt picking to do that.,

~Hayles~
29-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I thought it was hard to begin with, but with about half an hour of solid practising, It becomes kinda easy - since it is basically two phrase type things ALL the way through the song :unsure:

I kinda think Cave is piss, and I've sorta struggled with Eternally Missed - the solo lol
It pisses me of :indiff:

italy00
29-09-2005, 04:59 PM
the first bit of stockholm syndrome

falling away with you

the "solo" of hate this and i'll love you

teh groove

~Hayles~
29-09-2005, 05:08 PM
the first bit of stockholm syndrome

falling away with you

the "solo" of hate this and i'll love you

teh groove
I can play all of them MY SEXY EXPLORER - I need to start practising Keyboard more. *Sigh* I miss school's piano...SINCE I HAVNT GOT ONE!!! :indiff:

haze015
29-09-2005, 05:37 PM
I can play all of them MY SEXY EXPLORER - I need to start practising Keyboard more. *Sigh* I miss school's piano...SINCE I HAVNT GOT ONE!!! :indiff:

A girl with an explorer.....interesting :cool:

Beast Love
29-09-2005, 05:45 PM
A girl with an explorer.....interesting :cool:

A girl that can play guitar.....interesting :cool:

I joke :happy:

~Hayles~
30-09-2005, 05:49 PM
A girl that can play guitar.....interesting :cool:

I joke :happy:
;) oh really? lol

haze015
30-09-2005, 07:23 PM
;) oh really? lol

Actually, to be fair, he has a point in a way, you don't get many female guitarists, especially ones that can actually play something.

Larsen B
30-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Hmm, loads of girls can play guitar, they just don't usually have such a male obsession with it.

~Hayles~
30-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Actually, to be fair, he has a point in a way, you don't get many female guitarists, especially ones that can actually play something.
Does that make me special lol. I've on;y been playing for about two years as wel!! I've taught myself, with a likkle bit of help from mon older bro.
The first songs I ever learnt were Queen ones - too much love will kill you, to we will rock you, to the bohemian rhapsody solo :) I'm so proud lol!
Brian May is my God :D lol :happy:

haze015
30-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Hmm, loads of girls can play guitar, they just don't usually have such a male obsession with it.

Hence why I said "they can't ever play anything" :rolleyes:

The SyndroMe
01-10-2005, 12:21 AM
stockholm syndrome is not easy at the begin but muse is not hard at guitar, heh

Ril
01-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Why isn't this in kit and tab, mods?

OD-Musik
01-10-2005, 02:14 AM
SS is hard in a different way. It's not hard to hit the notes, but I'm havin trouble getting the timing in. I can't make it "fit" with the open notes, and It seems like I'm missing something when I leave them out.

Teh Man v1.2
01-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Very true. Bellamy isn't THAT great of a technical guitarist.

haze015
01-10-2005, 03:17 PM
SS is hard in a different way. It's not hard to hit the notes, but I'm havin trouble getting the timing in. I can't make it "fit" with the open notes, and It seems like I'm missing something when I leave them out.

Try alternate picking if you're not doing that already.

ducksquackmuse
01-10-2005, 04:54 PM
mwhahaha i can play most of muse's piano songs. I don't want to sound like a smugg bitch but space demita is easy at the fast bit but remembering the begining is a bitch. And Ruled by secrey is is a lot easier than you'd think, however I'm not a supernatural genius and have to use all the sheet music, which at first freaks you cos of all the notes, bbut you soon get the hang of it!

~Hayles~
01-10-2005, 05:20 PM
mwhahaha i can play most of muse's piano songs. I don't want to sound like a smugg bitch but space demita is easy at the fast bit but remembering the begining is a bitch. And Ruled by secrey is is a lot easier than you'd think, however I'm not a supernatural genius and have to use all the sheet music, which at first freaks you cos of all the notes, bbut you soon get the hang of it!
Yeah - most Muse songs are easy on piano!! Eg - space dementia - once you get the notes, its kinda easy :unsure:

Jacky Boy
01-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah - most Muse songs are easy on piano!! Eg - space dementia - once you get the notes, its kinda easy :unsure:
i agree but the B&H solo can be a bit of a bitch

Larsen B
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Hence why I said "they can't ever play anything" :rolleyes:

Hmm whatever. Perhaps you've just never met the ones that can. I dunno, you tread on a thin generalisation.

~Hayles~
01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
i agree but the B&H solo can be a bit of a bitch
I'm getting better - my excuse is that I havnt got a piano :D lol

Jacky Boy
01-10-2005, 05:54 PM
i hav a big keyboard

cost a lot tho..

haze015
01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Hmm whatever. Perhaps you've just never met the ones that can. I dunno, you tread on a thin generalisation.

I'm not making a generalisation, there aren't that many female guitarists at all (Something to do with cutting your nails I guess :p ), out of the bands I know and I've seen locally, only two have had a girl playing guitar....

Colonel Claypool
01-10-2005, 06:33 PM
THats true, although sweeping the opening appreggios of Newborn would be ace. :D

Larsen B
01-10-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm not making a generalisation, there aren't that many female guitarists at all (Something to do with cutting your nails I guess :p ), out of the bands I know and I've seen locally, only two have had a girl playing guitar....

I suppose, but I've seen loads that play, they just never form bands for some reason.

haze015
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
I suppose, but I've seen loads that play, they just never form bands for some reason.

'Tis a shame really. We need more girls on guitar :(

~Hayles~
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm in a band where I'm on lead guitar, where in my other major band (with mon bested buddy :D) I'm singing, playing bass, guitar, and keyboard - who knows what the future will hold lol
I doubt it somehow though :(

Enemy
04-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Does that make me special lol. I've on;y been playing for about two years as wel!! I've taught myself, with a likkle bit of help from mon older bro.
The first songs I ever learnt were Queen ones - too much love will kill you, to we will rock you, to the bohemian rhapsody solo :) I'm so proud lol!
Brian May is my God :D lol :happy:

The first riff or line I ever learnt on guitar was the riff from Bohemian Rhapsody. The solo was the first solo I ever learnt.
You're right, Brian May IS A GOD

Clunge
04-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Futurism bass.

:stunned:

rossini
04-10-2005, 02:15 PM
most songs are easy by muse, if you'd said that to me during my complete muse bumming stage in 2003/04 i would have called you crazy but muse songs are simple but effective. There are some complicated ones though, especially live.

rossini
04-10-2005, 02:17 PM
www.fade2005.tk is my band :)

~Hayles~
04-10-2005, 04:36 PM
The first riff or line I ever learnt on guitar was the riff from Bohemian Rhapsody. The solo was the first solo I ever learnt.
You're right, Brian May IS A GOD
he's my god :D

haze015
04-10-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm in a band where I'm on lead guitar, where in my other major band (with mon bested buddy :D) I'm singing, playing bass, guitar, and keyboard - who knows what the future will hold lol
I doubt it somehow though :(

Cool. My band recently broke up.

Need to get one going soon though, I miss all the fun of gigs and stuff :(

Beast Love
04-10-2005, 07:48 PM

my bassist is a gally

girly

just need a drummer...

Dazzer
04-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Futurism bass.

its simple

rossini
05-10-2005, 01:21 PM
yup

Liam
05-10-2005, 04:00 PM
my band is none existant atm, me and my m8 suck on guitar, we're new to it, our drummer hasnt got drums yet, and cnt particularly play, and we need bassist.... lol, if you can get anymore screwed up id like to see it :LOL:

Jacky Boy
05-10-2005, 06:09 PM
my band is pretty shit, we only play muse, chili peppers and green day :$

~Hayles~
06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I LURVE my band...I love all mi lads lol!

haze015
07-10-2005, 06:17 PM
I LURVE my band...I love all mi lads lol!

:'(

Me........want............band.........

....band.....:(

Truth_and_Smiles
07-10-2005, 07:39 PM
I would say stockholm syndrome is probably the hardest song for me as it is quite fast, and I even when I play it right it never sounds anything like as good as the original due to lack of effects etc.

Citizen erased solo seems challenging but I haven't tried it yet. Hysteria solo is relatively difficult, as unlike a lot of other solo's it doesn't really follow any scale-like patterns (that I've learnt).
Some of the older songs like Cave and Sober sound difficult.

Overall I'd agree that Muse's songs are pretty easy on guitar but still obviously awesome and original. At the moment I'm trying to learn some stuff by Focus which have some really ridiculous guitar parts in. Can anyone on this board play Hocus Pocus?

Dazzer
07-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Cool. My band recently broke up.

Need to get one going soon though, I miss all the fun of gigs and stuff :(

The band im in just won our school battle of the bands :)

~Hayles~
07-10-2005, 07:44 PM
The band im in just won our school battle of the bands :)
cool!! I really wanna do one of those in my school. We probs wouldnt win copared to other bands in our school, but hey! A gig's a gig :D

haze015
07-10-2005, 07:50 PM
cool!! I really wanna do one of those in my school. We probs wouldnt win copared to other bands in our school, but hey! A gig's a gig :D

It's all about being remembered, not winning.
Just put on a ridiculous show, people always remember that sort of thing, never the winner's (unless they put on an awesome show).

People only ever seem to remember my performance when we played at my old school's BOTB.

Bewilders
12-10-2005, 12:43 PM
People only ever seem to remember my performance when we played at my old school's BOTB.
:LOL: You standing on the amps! Haha good times!

haze015
14-10-2005, 04:37 PM
:LOL: You standing on the amps! Haha good times!

And the Squier going over my Super Bass into the mic stand..... :cool:

Anyway.....Action Dan? Double You Tee Eff Mate?

Livzi
14-10-2005, 04:54 PM
i've heard piano thing's a bitch
Piano thing? Dear god, i took one look at it and went HOLY FUCK! ;)

Livzi
14-10-2005, 04:56 PM
My band is falling apart :stunned:

Abbey
14-10-2005, 05:00 PM
i lieke, toally R0XX0RS! i can liek pley EVERYFIN m00se as EVA DUN!11one111

After a year of playing guitar, I can play Seven Nation Army.
And a bit of Unintended.

But I learnt how to play TIRO bass on my guitar :happy: I like bass better :happy:

And I really want to be in a band :happy:

slippersock
14-10-2005, 05:38 PM
map of your head is pretty hard...thats all i can think of... :chaplin:

haze015
14-10-2005, 06:50 PM
map of your head is pretty hard...thats all i can think of... :chaplin:

I found it really easy.

Abbey
14-10-2005, 07:01 PM

I found it really easy.
It's identical to Unintended vis-a-vis the chord arpeggios.

Yeah, I know, wanna make something of it?

But I can't get the timing right.

haze015
14-10-2005, 07:14 PM
It's identical to Unintended vis-a-vis the chord arpeggios.

Yeah, I know, wanna make something of it?

But I can't get the timing right.

Well really, if you've been playing a short period of time (I've been playing for 3 years), then yes, Muse stuff will be hard, in the long run though, it's all very easy. Except Screenager, that's a bastard, some of those chords :eek:

Damn my infernal girly hands :mad:

Jackplug
14-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Seriously, none of Muse's songs are hard on the guitar .. At all.

slippersock
14-10-2005, 10:58 PM
alright then, bedroom acoustics, apart from that they're all easy, but that is obviously depending on the level you are at and whether you can actually be bothered to learn them

Abbey
15-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Seriously, none of Muse's songs are hard on the guitar .. At all.
In your opinion, maybe.

Teh Man v1.2
19-10-2005, 07:17 PM
www.fade2005.tk is my band :)
Hahaha, your guitarist Graham Hogg is in my I.T group.

Teh Man v1.2
19-10-2005, 07:17 PM
My band is falling apart :stunned:
It happens.

Savarez
22-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I think that the most difficult song of muse on the guitar is bedroom acoustic. I'm a student of classical guitar and that song have a lots of technical requirements that you have to practice every day of your life if you call yourself a great guitarist. Muse is the only rock band that deserve respect because they are great musicians and they are open-mind (Matt, Chris and Dom). Im a new user of this forum and i will like to mantain the contact with any fan of muse. (and with the band if it possible). I wish that the band comes to Venezuela to see them live!!!!!.

P.D:Matt if you are reading this, I think that Heitor Villa-Lobos and Serge Rachmaninov are true Masters on the Composition too!!!!

22-10-2005, 03:06 PM
yeah bedroom acoustic

musslie
01-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Stockholm Syndrome!

ColAH02
01-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I can't do the tremelo picking on the likes of Sunburn and Recess to well, and also can't do the 3h8 stretch like Matt does during New Born live :(

alyssa_
01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
New Born--the solo is bitch sometimes.

I've got big hands, but short thumbs and pinkies! :stunned:

Not good for piano/guitar...

Who_Killed_Laura_Palmer?
08-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Why would you even attempt piano thing on guitar?

It's just to beautiful, you need the range, the sustain etc

It just baffles me

shawshank
09-08-2007, 08:08 AM
In Your World is very easy on guitar :D
On piano tho, u have to get the tempo and dynamic right or it wouldn't sound good.

Milky Joe
09-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Screenager is the hardest Muse song I can play, the chords in the bridge are ridiculous.

My favourite is the Groove because it becomes easy after playing it a few times.

Map of Your head is annoying because I always hit the wrong string when you are meant to hit an open string, plus singing along is tough (as is singing to The Groove, but I love the guitar in that so much that I only sing the chorus :D)

Ooh, I can play Space Dementia on guitar, that's quite hard because it has about 30 different chords. ;)

Furlea
10-08-2007, 10:54 AM
The solo of Invincible is a bitch, i still can't do that :LOL:

As for the hardest song...i don't think it's SS, because thats easy once you get the hang of it. Probably screenager though..too much jumping around the fret board. :rolleyes:

xsr1000
10-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Eh?
I can't find the real difficulity in screenager. I find Stockholm Syndrome harder, but probably bedroom acoustics win this bet.

Rattmaster
12-08-2007, 03:39 AM
I see a lot of Citizen, Stockholm, and Hysteria answers, but the only thing that has really given me trouble is the chorus in new born. Maybe it's just because I learned the bass part first so it's harder to switch to the guitar part. But it always messes me up. Other than that it's just tough to get the sound right on stuff like Map of.. and Invincible.

ApocalypsePleasure2
12-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I've been searching for Bliss piano tabs for a long time now.... Would some kind soul please pass them to me? Pretty please?

Out of point I know, but still....

mike_rocks99
04-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey man ! New born is pesh easy and so is Stockhlon syndrome . the solo in both of them is abit tricky but you watch matt bellamy closely enough to seehow he plays his guitar . , learn his technique.

guio
04-10-2007, 03:33 PM
It has to be Citizen Erased.
I HATE that bridge in the middle, where everything goes soft.

coxoxi
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
hmmm.... if I could have a guitar....

Zankou
05-10-2007, 12:15 AM
The live versions are vastly, vastly more difficult than the album versions.

I'd nominate "Invincible," because the solo is a nightmare.

A lot of the others are pretty easy if you're a good guitarist, i.e. newborn, plug-in baby, hysteria, etc. But the tapping aspects of the Invincible solo are really treacherous.

jrallen
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
I've been searching for Bliss piano tabs for a long time now.... Would some kind soul please pass them to me? Pretty please?

Out of point I know, but still....

i have sheet music for it

~screenager~
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
It has to be Citizen Erased.
I HATE that bridge in the middle, where everything goes soft. It's too damn fast! :LOL: Same goes for the end of Spiral Static.

I find Micro Cuts really hard, cos I haven't got the hang of barre chords.

Fernando
05-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I dunno if I just get the speed wrong or what, but I can't get Stockholm Syndrome to sound right... Really though, all Muse songs are relatively easy.

pubicmage
05-10-2007, 02:14 PM
The live solo from New Born can be quite difficult. Especially for people who don't have massive fingers.

glenndo4000
05-10-2007, 09:55 PM
the thread should be: 'hardest muse song to sing and play guitar to at the same time' because IMO muse guitar never really gets that hard to play, if you call yourself a decent guitarist, or maybe its because all i do is play muse on guitar:LOL:. who knows.

Fernando
05-10-2007, 11:52 PM
the thread should be: 'hardest muse song to sing and play guitar to at the same time' because IMO muse guitar never really gets that hard to play, if you call yourself a decent guitarist, or maybe its because all i do is play muse on guitar:LOL:. who knows.
Compare it to any good shredding and you'll have an answer. Although from what I gather, singing while playing isn't hard once you get the hang of it.

Nathand
06-10-2007, 08:52 PM
the guitar parts arent rediculously hard all the way through, but there are certain parts in the songs that are quite hard, but my favorite songs to play are
KoC and Bedroom acoustics/screenager on the guitar
piano thing on the piano, and people said it before but im just gonna say it again, piano thing is such a bitch cause I think its hard to get the hang of unless you play it all the way through.

jsnpark
18-05-2009, 08:58 AM
stockholm syndrome is not that fast and easy

invincible
muscle museum
small print
plug in baby
hysteria solo

Matthijs
18-05-2009, 09:03 AM

invincible
muscle museum
small print
plug in baby
hysteria solo

:facepalm:

cheddatom
18-05-2009, 09:09 AM

invincible
muscle museum
small print
plug in baby
hysteria solo

If you get a whammy they'll all be easy.

Xut
18-05-2009, 09:44 AM
If you get a whammy they'll all be easy.

and a fU3kz0r F4wctowRy and a twistyyy cheetos pad.

cheddatom
18-05-2009, 09:52 AM
No, If you get a whammy you don't need any other pedals.

Xut
18-05-2009, 09:57 AM

No, get a MB-1, problem solved.

milkybar=]
18-05-2009, 04:48 PM

get a pedal and you dont need any other whammys

ChrisirhC
18-05-2009, 04:54 PM
;5842096']get a pedal and you dont need any other whammys

Get a gun and paint your guitar with your brains.

Then nobody needs to worry about it.

Burning_October
18-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I find it difficult to do the second part of the PIB intro. Not the main riff, but when it goes into that soloing part it always screws me up. Although, maybe i'm playing it wrong.

Also, how hard would KOC be? I want to try it out, but I want to know what i'm getting myself in to.

milkybar=]
18-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Get a gun and paint your guitar with your brains.

Then nobody needs to worry about it.

then get a plectrum and guitar your play in whammy

toff
18-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I still cant play Unintended :(

cheddatom
19-05-2009, 07:28 AM
But you can play it on a game boy.

milkybar=]
11-01-2010, 10:02 PM
sorry for fail bump

i have to perform something for my AS music, and basically i know enough muse to put some nice flairs in there, but what would be the hardest song to play on guitar?

edit: debating mk ultra just for the synth riff/ heavy riff

Jacky Boy
11-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Oh dear, I made this thread when I was about 14. Back in the good old days when I didn't have a clue what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

Jacky Boy
11-01-2010, 10:15 PM
;7152956']sorry for fail bump

i have to perform something for my AS music, and basically i know enough muse to put some nice flairs in there, but what would be the hardest song to play on guitar?

edit: debating mk ultra just for the synth riff/ heavy riff

I did Citizen Erased as part of my AS Coursework, got 22/25 which I was rather happy with considering I thought I had played it terribly.

milkybar=]
11-01-2010, 10:19 PM
I did Citizen Erased as part of my AS Coursework, got 22/25 which I was rather happy with considering I thought I had played it terribly.

do you know if it got into the MD band? ie the top band of difficulty

MOTPRules
11-01-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm doing grade 8 piece (Rockschool) for my GCSE performance this friday :)

Jacky Boy
11-01-2010, 10:40 PM
;7153200']do you know if it got into the MD band? ie the top band of difficulty

I dunno, i think it was in the middle band, so if you played it perfectly you'd get top marks.

milkybar=]
11-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I dunno, i think it was in the middle band, so if you played it perfectly you'd get top marks.

eaugh perfect is something i save for my alone time
did you check out any other songs for difficulty?

Jacky Boy
11-01-2010, 11:21 PM
;7153629']eaugh perfect is something i save for my alone time
did you check out any other songs for difficulty?

I checked out a few other Muse songs, Knights of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome and New Born but they were all in the middle band.

Problemfanatique
11-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I've learnt tons of their songs and out of all of them I'd say SS was the most challenging.

milkybar=]
12-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I checked out a few other Muse songs, Knights of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome and New Born but they were all in the middle band.

dayuum i was hoping knights, new born or maybe thoughts of a dying athiest might bump into the top band :/

cheddatom
12-01-2010, 10:53 AM
In my experience it's best to ask the person running your course. My guitar teacher thought "Romeo and Juliet" (dire straights) would be pretty good as it was pretty close to the limit of my abilities at the time. My GCSE music teacher said "oh, I thought you might do something strummy with some minor 7ths or at the least some 9ths" as though a 9th makes a piece hard.

OneWhoGoes
12-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I've learnt tons of their songs and out of all of them I'd say SS was the most challenging.

That's weird because it's the very first song I've learnt on guitar.

What's hard about it? The "riff" is very easy after a while when you learnt tremolo picking, and the chord sequence is easy too.

At the moment, for me the hardest (or should I say) impossible is the Glastonbury New Born solo. Not because it's hard in itself, but because at one point you have to stretch your hand from 3rd fret to 8th fret. Bellamy just can do it, but my hand lacks one centimeter!

Hopix
12-01-2010, 10:44 PM

What's hard about it? The "riff" is very easy after a while when you learnt tremolo picking, and the chord sequence is easy too.

At the moment, for me the hardest (or should I say) impossible is the Glastonbury New Born solo. Not because it's hard in itself, but because at one point you have to stretch your hand from 3rd fret to 8th fret. Bellamy just can do it, but my hand lacks one centimeter!

The riff is hard, it's like a basic shredding riff. Not just tremolo. Apart from that the songs quite easy though.

I'd probably say Hyper Music is one of the hardest, with all those mini-chords and fills and stuff.

0ptriX
13-01-2010, 03:09 PM

Just make sure you bring your thumb way around the back of the neck of the guitar so your fingers spread. The more you do that stretch the easier it will be.

You'll get it in no time, soon you'll be doing this easy!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRSGs9Ve_7I#t=3m30s
10-14-18 :D

Richard Misiak
14-01-2010, 09:49 PM
the groove - while singing

Don'tPostThePear
14-01-2010, 10:03 PM
the groove - while singing

Showbiz is harder - while driving a car

coffee_and_tv
16-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Showbiz is harder - while driving a car

try resistance - while masturbating.

it could be wrong, could be wrong..

hyperbliss22
12-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I only have a classical (meaning it cuts off at 12 frets instead of 14 like other acoustics), and Stockholm Syndrome's a b**** on it. I also find Invincible's solo often makes me want to commit suicide. But ignoring the limitations of a classical, the hardest song...

Well, I don't know. :$

Oh, and following the pattern of the last few posts:

Try Bliss's synth part - on guitar

OR

Try playing Bliss - falling down a massive hole like in the music video

OR

Try Bliss - on a bike

As you can see, I like Bliss.

And yet New Born is better :P

Razorwing
12-04-2010, 06:18 PM
The Groove.. is very difficult.

DeadStar01
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Ur, I would never say there's any song particularly hard to play on guitar, just ones that take a while to learn. The longest song in took me to learn would be TiRO. I find stuff like Stockholm Syndrome and the Guiding Light solo to be more fun than challenging since I like alternate picking, but any song with chords takes me ages to learn off because I usually lose interest and start learning something else or I just have difficulty practising the chords transistions.

My advice to anyone who has trouble playing fast songs, practise the solo from Digital Love by Daft Punk. You may not be able to learn it, but it sure as hell helps you practise alternate and sweep picking and really puts it into perspective :LOL:

jackparker
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Bliss is pretty hard. So is SS and part of hysteria. Sunburn too oh and i hate piano thing too!
i find CE real easy along wiv starlight, uprising, fury, knights, smbh, motp, tsp, guiding light, feeling good, NSC, invincible, assassin, blackout, forced in, showbiz, new born (eaaasssyyyy!!)

haze015
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Bliss is pretty hard.

No it isn't, it's just chords.

james90
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I think it's their easiest song.

Or is this guy trying to play the arpeggios from the album version on guitar? :confused:

rockandroll
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Unnatural selection whilst performing a prostate exam

DeadStar01
05-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah, Bliss is one of their easiest songs to play, you must be talking about the synth arr. for guitar.

dead0citizen
06-08-2011, 10:55 PM
i think the most hardest muse song to play on guitar is invincible. the chords are tricky and the solo is so hard. must spread your left hand really wide.

Dave
06-08-2011, 11:01 PM
i think the most hardest muse song to play on guitar is invincible. the chords are tricky and the solo is so hard. must spread your left hand really wide.

I actually find the that sorta of chunky picking he does in the verse the hardest. I learnt the solo in a week or so. I have to vote for Citizen erased. Its long and hard thats what she said;)
I've learnt Stockholm, Knights of Cydonia, plug in baby and I'm currently about to tackle MK Ultra but I'm waiting a while before Citizen Erased. Those harmonics at the start are quite hard to nail

Banksy.
06-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I actually find the that sorta of chunky picking he does in the verse the hardest. I learnt the solo in a week or so. I have to vote for Citizen erased. Its long and hard thats what she said;)

Imho CE is even easier than Bliss to play on guitar, if you improv the solo, because obviously you're never going to get it exactly like the album version. Hardest one to play and sing for me would have to be The Groove, it's a wanker.

Dave
06-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Imho CE is even easier than Bliss to play on guitar, if you improv the solo, because obviously you're never going to get it exactly like the album version. Hardest one to play and sing for me would have to be The Groove, it's a wanker.

Normally when I learn a song I try to get as close to the original as I can :rolleyes: The tough part is getting a sleazy feel of the playing. To get that sound you can't really think about your playing or else it gets too clinical but you still have to hit the right notes. Thats whats difficult about it.

Banksy.
07-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Normally when I learn a song I try to get as close to the original as I can :rolleyes: The tough part is getting a sleazy feel of the playing. To get that sound you can't really think about your playing or else it gets too clinical but you still have to hit the right notes. Thats whats difficult about it.

Yeah, that's the opposite to what I do generally, but it's probably much harder. I guess it just depends on your technique. I mean, my pickings not really good enough to play something like SS, which is shameful, but I can play CE and say, Newborn fine.

alyssa_
07-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Is there a "bass version" of this thread?

Or is it just universally agreed upon that Hysteria is the hardest. :LOL:

Stewez
07-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Hysteria is easy.I've never really had trouble with that (tone on the other hand, phwoar)

Hardest for me is Sunburn :p

Banksy.
07-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Is there a "bass version" of this thread?

Or is it just universally agreed upon that Hysteria is the hardest. :LOL:

I don't know about that, Muse have plenty of more complex basslines. I don't play bass properly though, so I couldn't say.

alyssa_
07-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah, Hysteria is easy for me as well, but people regard it as the king of bass lines sometimes. :LOL:

Honestly, New Born was one of the hardest for me, just because my hand would get tired. Not so much now though.

Rocketbaby
07-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Hmm, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist is hard for me because of the singly-fast picking. >.<
Sunburn's piano part is also quite annoying ;P

Kueller917
07-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, or guitar Sunburn. I'm terrible at picking across strings. I could do a bunch of songs like Knights of The Groove before I could even attempt Micro Cuts.

supernova14
08-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Yeah, Hysteria is easy for me as well, but people regard it as the king of bass lines sometimes. :LOL:

Honestly, New Born was one of the hardest for me, just because my hand would get tired. Not so much now though.

New Born is the hardest bass line out of Muse's songs I think. My friend who plays guitar and bass knows the bass line on bass and guitar, he learned it pretty quick. New Born on the other hand is fast and tiring for him.

Nitt
08-08-2011, 01:51 PM
New Born is the hardest bass line out of Muse's songs I think. My friend who plays guitar and bass knows the bass line on bass and guitar, he learned it pretty quick. New Born on the other hand is fast and tiring for him.

I play bass and I have to say New Born was a real pain in the ass in the beginning, but after a while it gets really easy! One that gives me a bit of trouble is Futurism, but I guess I just need practice...

alyssa_
11-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one having a hard time with NB then.

I think the MK Jam is a close contender in the fatigue department. The constant hammer-ons / pull-offs get tiring. It's a lot easier on the D string though, which Chris has done a few times I think.

Mr. ORANGE
27-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I agree with Thoughts of a Dying Atheist - but only because the playing and singing simultaneously - the guitar itself with full focus on it is childsplay...Same goes for The Groove and Unnatural Selection - only laying and singing is difficult...Stockholm riff needs some slow - faster - you rock! kind of practice but it's also not hard...The only difficult thing for me was playing Falling Down intro on the acoustic (without delays and on heavy strings...)...But anyway - his guitar parts are innovative and cool - so why should they be dificult...Yeah and some parts added for live shows are quite difficult (like the crazy part between the 1st and 2nd verse of Muscle Museum at Glasto 04)...

Piano parts aren't problem for me - I've been playing piano since 6...Not even singing and playing...But generally - Muse piano parts are way harder than guitar...

Mr. ORANGE
27-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I play bass and I have to say New Born was a real pain in the ass in the beginning, but after a while it gets really easy! One that gives me a bit of trouble is Futurism, but I guess I just need practice...
Come on ! I need a bassist like you...around me, no one is willing to play Muse on the bass...it was a nightmare to put my bassist through Muscle Museum, Bliss and Hysteria (still not perfect), not even talking about Knights of Cydonia, which is hell to memorise (because telling him something about moving harmony in different keys is useless)...Well I really think bass is more complicated than guitar in Muse songs...Chris is just the best ! My favourite !

muse59200
27-08-2011, 06:35 PM
I think the hardest song to play is cave, because of the riff, need to mute the strings, not very easy.

Nitt
27-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Come on ! I need a bassist like you...around me, no one is willing to play Muse on the bass...it was a nightmare to put my bassist through Muscle Museum, Bliss and Hysteria (still not perfect), not even talking about Knights of Cydonia, which is hell to memorise (because telling him something about moving harmony in different keys is useless)...Well I really think bass is more complicated than guitar in Muse songs...Chris is just the best ! My favourite !

Haha :D I've only ever played TSP on an electric guitar cause I don't have one myself and I have to say.. I was surprised at how easy it was :LOL:
Well I say it's easy, because it didn't take me a lot of time to figure it out and play it, maybe 15 minutes? But I find it tricky to judge the difficulty of a song because most of the time, once you practice a little bit, it gets much much easier. So in the end you don't know what's easy and what isnt :LOL: or maybe I'm just being weird, in which case you shall ignore this :$

Mr. ORANGE
27-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Well that's because you've put a lot of practice in it...For example I can play difficult parts easily and memorising is easier (on the piano especially) than easy parts just because easy parts I can read from sheets or by ear...I've never learned to play some easy classical music (like Bach Preludium N.1, or 1st Mov. of Moonlight Sonata from Beethoven) without reading it just because I could read and play it quite easily...Excuse my English though, I'm pretty sure you lot wouldn't say it in those words... :D

telestrat
04-01-2012, 07:36 PM
This is to the the posts about Stockholm Syndrome being easier than Hysteria, and is my opinion:

I have been playing guitar for about 8 years now, and I seem to have 'mastered' Hysteria, the whole lot, bass and guitar and for me (personal opinion) Stockholm Syndrome seems much harder, just faster all the way through. If you put your mind to both, I guess it'll be similar for you.

However, this is only my opinion, I havent worked as hard on Stockholm Syndrome and maybe this explains why.

TeleStrat

Tom!
04-01-2012, 07:38 PM
This is to the the posts about Stockholm Syndrome being easier than Hysteria, and is my opinion:

I have been playing guitar for about 8 years now, and I seem to have 'mastered' Hysteria, the whole lot, bass and guitar and for me (personal opinion) Stockholm Syndrome seems much harder, just faster all the way through. If you put your mind to both, I guess it'll be similar for you.

However, this is only my opinion, I havent worked as hard on Stockholm Syndrome and maybe this explains why.

TeleStrat

They are both pretty simple tbh. Micro cuts always gets me, I really struggle with the intro.

Dominic.
04-01-2012, 07:43 PM
They are both pretty simple tbh. Micro cuts always gets me, I really struggle with the intro.

I love playing Micro Cuts. Way easier than both Hysteria and SS for me. Goes to show how it varies person to person :LOL:

I think one of my strengths in guitar playing is the sort of picking movement you see in Micro Cuts verse, TOADA and so on

Tapping I completely fail at

Tom!
04-01-2012, 07:56 PM
I love playing Micro Cuts. Way easier than both Hysteria and SS for me. Goes to show how it varies person to person :LOL:

I think one of my strengths in guitar playing is the sort of picking movement you see in Micro Cuts verse, TOADA and so on

Yeah it is strange. No other song really troubles me apart from that pesky Micro Cuts intro, maybe I should just sit down one day and spend a few hours perfecting it.

opie
04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
I also struggle to get the Micro Cuts intro sound good. Its not technically difficult, but my rather large hands/fingers make it a bit too crowdy up there on the fretboard.

grabacr 31770
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM

Exact opposite, I find picking like that really hard, maybe I just need to practice it for a bit.

It's sort of got to the stage where my playing is limited more by my picking hand than the fretting one.

MegaEBoy
04-01-2012, 08:20 PM
I used to have problems with Plug in Baby, but then got there in the end. Hysteria, found that easy, as it's not too quick. I'm still having problems with Stockholm Syndrome. But only the riff in it, not the verse/chorus/solo, which seems kinda odd...

Jobby
04-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Agitated can be quite difficult on the verses and pre-outro simply because of the speed that it's played.

The Invincible solo though, it has to be said, is probably the hardest piece by Muse in my opinion. Remembering where the next tapping position is as well as being able to make the stretches whilst having to keep the timing of the whammy octaves right all at the same time just makes my brain go blank.

Dillyracer
04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I remember trying to do that New Born live solo the first time, short circuited my brain. :LOL:

Can't play Screenager at all. Also that one stupid chord in Hyper Music's Chorus.

bucket_
04-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Ashamed in Drop D is hard :LOL:

Dominic.
04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I remember trying to do that New Born live solo the first time, short circuited my brain. :LOL:

Can't play Screenager at all. Also that one stupid chord in Hyper Music's Chorus.

I can't play Screenager, specifically the pre chorus bit. Physically cannot play the tabs I've seen of it

Seaking
04-01-2012, 09:35 PM

THis is exactly like me. Micro Cuts, TOADA, CE Interlude and Chorus I love playing and can do really well but Live New Born Solo and the Invincible solo are just garbage for me. I can't tap to save my life.

Dillyracer
04-01-2012, 09:59 PM
I can't play Screenager, specifically the pre chorus bit. Physically cannot play the tabs I've seen of it

Yep, same here.

Ben93
04-01-2012, 11:22 PM
I find Dead Star near impossible through the verses picking every note twice like how it's recorded. Its difficult enough constantly picking notes at that speed anyway but changing string every other note just gets ridiculous...

I'm not even sure if Matt played it like that or if there's some clever use of delay or something similar going on, never thought about it much to be honest and difficult to tell from the early live videos

Dominic.
04-01-2012, 11:23 PM
I find Dead Star near impossible through the verses picking every note twice like how it's recorded. Its difficult enough constantly picking notes at that speed anyway but changing string every other note just gets ridiculous...

I'm not even sure if Matt played it like that or if there's some clever use of delay or something similar going on, never thought about it much to be honest and difficult to tell from the early live videos

It's a delay ;)

Kueller917
04-01-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm afraid to even try it without delay. And yes it's delay.

Ben93
04-01-2012, 11:31 PM
yeah i kind of assumed it must be...but i dont have delay and no harm in trying it. I can get the speed to start with but no way can i keep it for a whole verse

Kueller917
04-01-2012, 11:36 PM
yeah i kind of assumed it must be...but i dont have delay and no harm in trying it. I can get the speed to start with but no way can i keep it for a whole verse

Well until then if you're just going for fun you can just hit each note once like the earlier versions of the song.

Mr. ORANGE
05-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Dead star - thats delay and it sounds killer. One of my favourite Muse rythm guitar parts...:)

I don't find any Muse song too difficult on either piano or guitar (music is my life :D ) but some are particularly hard playing and singing along. You lot mentioned Micro cuts - easy guitar but hard as hell getting it right on time and clean while singing it - I guess it's also me - I don't play much acoustic and I think playing acoustic guitar makes those arpeggiated parts easier. Same goes for TotDA, SMBH, Unnatural Selection (took me two hours synchronising), the outro of Knights od Cydonia (different rythm on guitar and on vocals) but the biggest pain in the ar*e for me is Hyper Music chorus...It's really hard not to watch your fingers (which makes your vocals bad, let alone your stage performance). I really admire Matt on this one, he's just amazing !

But the biggest Muse challenge for me was those Rhodes piano parts in verses and chorus of Butterflies and Hurricanes (those on the record - that paradiddle stuff) together with vocals. It's just so distracting ! But anyway it's my favourite song so...what the hell !

bucket_
05-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Dead star - thats delay and it sounds killer. One of my favourite Muse rythm guitar parts...:)

I don't find any Muse song too difficult on either piano or guitar (music is my life :D ) but some are particularly hard playing and singing along. You lot mentioned Micro cuts - easy guitar but hard as hell getting it right on time and clean while singing it - I guess it's also me - I don't play much acoustic and I think playing acoustic guitar makes those arpeggiated parts easier. Same goes for TotDA, SMBH, Unnatural Selection (took me two hours synchronising), the outro of Knights od Cydonia (different rythm on guitar and on vocals) but the biggest pain in the ar*e for me is Hyper Music chorus...It's really hard not to watch your fingers (which makes your vocals bad, let alone your stage performance). I really admire Matt on this one, he's just amazing !

But the biggest Muse challenge for me was those Rhodes piano parts in verses and chorus of Butterflies and Hurricanes (those on the record - that paradiddle stuff) together with vocals. It's just so distracting ! But anyway it's my favourite song so...what the hell !

I'd like to hear you cover some stuff... seeing as a couple of things you point out are piss easy, the HM chorus and the Dead Star verse, which isn't even guitar (I don't think) in the studio recording. :p

Mr. ORANGE
05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I'd like to hear you cover some stuff... seeing as a couple of things you point out are piss easy, the HM chorus and the Dead Star verse, which isn't even guitar (I don't think) in the studio recording. :p
Dead star verse isn't hard - hard to get that sound maybe...But have you tried playing and singing HM chorus along? The guitar alone is easy...Or maybe I play it wrong :pope:

We're kind of practising Plug in Baby (well, our bassist is really lame so I don't know if we ever want to put that on youtube...). I hate those backing track youtube videos. What are they for? If don't put something new in those songs it's just useless...But maybe I'll record Take a Bow or Butterflies and Hurricanes on piano, because I think it sounds great and IMHO better than the original synthesizers/rhodes (piano rules ! ).

Bs
05-01-2012, 11:53 AM

Agree with this. Clean guitar + short analog delay + a slow phase = bee-you-tee-full! :happy:

Can't understand the bit about finding the Hyper Music chorus hard though. :erm:

bucket_
05-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Dead star verse isn't hard - hard to get that sound maybe...But have you tried playing and singing HM chorus along? The guitar alone is easy...Or maybe I play it wrong :pope:

We're kind of practising Plug in Baby (well, our bassist is really lame so I don't know if we ever want to put that on youtube...). I hate those backing track youtube videos. What are they for? If don't put something new in those songs it's just useless...But maybe I'll record Take a Bow or Butterflies and Hurricanes on piano, because I think it sounds great and IMHO better than the original synthesizers/rhodes (piano rules ! ).

Yeah I have, and I did it fine, this coming from a guy that finds it ridiculously hard to sing and play at the same time. :LOL:

RayFan9876
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
But the biggest Muse challenge for me was those Rhodes piano parts in verses and chorus of Butterflies and Hurricanes (those on the record - that paradiddle stuff) together with vocals. It's just so distracting !

Agreed. It's the only Muse song I've had trouble playing and singing along with at the same time.

Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, both of those I don't find very hard at all, it's just a repeated pattern you need to get under your fingers.

For me, the Hyper Music chorus is just ridiculously hard.

Mr. ORANGE
05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Hyper Music chorus is hard if you don't look at your fingers. And as a frontman it is essential not to look at them too often. I've got a super-cardiode mic and for that screaming stuff like HM chorus it's essential to sing from a certain distance but directly at the mic - that sounds best. So it's hard to make it perfect - both guitar and singing on that one...

Stockholm and bass line of Hysteria are IMHO simple when you do them slowly and then speed it up...But the coolest bass line is Bliss !

Dominic.
05-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Dead Star verse on the studio version is guitar
Hyper Music chorus is hard if you don't look at your fingers. And as a frontman it is essential not to look at them too often. I've got a super-cardiode mic and for that screaming stuff like HM chorus it's essential to sing from a certain distance but directly at the mic - that sounds best. So it's hard to make it perfect - both guitar and singing on that one...

Stockholm and bass line of Hysteria are IMHO simple when you do them slowly and then speed it up...But the coolest bass line is Bliss !

Dat Bliss bassline. Me gusta

Dillyracer
05-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Agree with this. Clean guitar + short analog delay + a slow phase = bee-you-tee-full! :happy:

Can't understand the bit about finding the Hyper Music chorus hard though. :erm:

My pinky isn't fully cooperating. And it's only that chord.

Bs
05-01-2012, 03:12 PM
E| -
B| 6
G| 5
D| 3
A| 5
D| -

That one? Just try and work on including that finger more in your playing. I used to only be able to use the main three and then just decided to spend ages working on including that finger more. It's still not perfect for lead work so I need to improve it more, but it makes chords a lot easier anyway.

Dillyracer
05-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Yup that one.

Odd thing is that I can play Micro Cuts pretty decently, which also has 'unconventional' chords. It's just the quick change from that little riff to that chord that gets me, I only manage to play that chord correctly 25% of the times I try it.

Practice is needed.

Bs
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Ah, yeah, just stick with it. The good thing about that one if you're struggling with it is that you can use the time before it where you just play the open bottom D to get your fingers in position. But as you say, if you can play the Micro Cuts chorus which is a lot more tricky, you shouldn't have too much trouble with it really. ;)

bucket_
05-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Dead Star verse on the studio version is guitar

Dat Bliss bassline. Me gusta

:wtf: Doesn't sound like guitar at all. Sounds too electronic, synth-like.

Dominic.
05-01-2012, 05:22 PM
E| -
B| 6
G| 5
D| 3
A| 5
D| -

That one? Just try and work on including that finger more in your playing. I used to only be able to use the main three and then just decided to spend ages working on including that finger more. It's still not perfect for lead work so I need to improve it more, but it makes chords a lot easier anyway.

What song is that chord in?

bucket_
05-01-2012, 05:40 PM
What song is that chord in?

HM. And half of Jimi Hendrix's songs. :pope:

Dominic.
05-01-2012, 05:43 PM
HM. And half of Jimi Hendrix's songs. :pope:

I swear I've never played that chord in HM

bucket_
05-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh it's because the D string should be on the 4th fret, not 3rd :facepalm: Dammit BS, y u ruin my punchline.

Dominic.
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Even then i only play the DGB strings

bucket_
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Even then i only play the DGB strings

the A string note's only in there to add another octave, not really that neccessary although it is the proper chord I think.

Larry.
05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Isn't it the chord from agitated too?

Kueller917
05-01-2012, 08:57 PM
It's from Screenager I'm sure of it.

Edit: Nevermind I was thinking of something else. I think it's HM too, but it's not exactly the one.

bucket_
05-01-2012, 09:20 PM

I don't know if it's on other Muse tracks, but the chord is definitely HM

B 6
G 5
D 4
A 5
D

Kueller917
05-01-2012, 09:21 PM
The 3rd frets part is what throws me off.

bucket_
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
The 3rd frets part is what throws me off.

3rd frets...?

Lord MFC
If Muse had a singer, and bells only played guitar, their songs would be a biiitch.

bucket_
If Muse had a singer, and bells only played guitar, their songs would be a biiitch.

Too much tricky shit can be overkill.

Lord MFC
05-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Too much tricky shit can be overkill.

but muse isn't hard on the whole. Listen to porcupine tree :stunned:

bucket_
05-01-2012, 09:26 PM

Nah but there's a lot of songs that have really niggly bits that are hard to get right.

Batman.
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh god if an 'all Muse songs are easy' shitstorm starts again I will cry.

james90
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM

I don't know if it's on other Muse tracks, but the chord is definitely HM

B 6
G 5
D 4
A 5
D

yeah, and also in agitated

i think the 3rd fret part that guy is referring to is the

D--4--5--4--3
A--2--3--2--1

:confused: the only part that was somewhat difficult for me was the intro bit around the 12th fret

Olly.
05-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I cant do intro do microcuts at all

Lord MFC
:LOL: no they're not easy, they just aren't too difficult. Whats really incredible is that he can do them while singing.

Kueller917
3rd frets...?

E| -
B| 6
G| 5
D| 3
A| 5
D| -

If that was changed to a 4 that would be the chord from HM

This thread's getting too confusing.

Dominic.
05-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Man with all this talk about people not being able to do Micro Cuts I wish that had been in KnT Factor. Could've pwned

Dave
05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Man with all this talk about people not being able to do Micro Cuts I wish that had been in KnT Factor. Could've pwned

Yeah. Its easy.
The end riff is basically the same notes from dead star but backwards.

Dominic.
05-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah. Its easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOjQ579WT8&feature=g-upl&context=G2b448cbAUAAAAAAAIAA

Look at me swagger! My ego must appear sky high at the moment

Lord MFC
05-01-2012, 09:46 PM
It's only coming out of one ear, but it's awesome.

Kueller917
05-01-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOjQ579WT8&feature=g-upl&context=G2b448cbAUAAAAAAAIAA

Look at me swagger! My ego must appear sky high at the moment

You need more than 8 subscribers.

bucket_
05-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Swagger Dom is Swagger'erd.

http://soundcloud.com/willdxnn/micro-cuts-hyper-music-and :awesome:

Bs
06-01-2012, 12:27 PM

I loves playing me a bit of Porcupine Tree! :yesey:

If that was changed to a 4 that would be the chord from HM

This thread's getting too confusing.

I was typing from memory, it's been a while since I played it.

yeah, and also in agitated

i think the 3rd fret part that guy is referring to is the

D--4--5--4--3
A--2--3--2--1

:confused: the only part that was somewhat difficult for me was the intro bit around the 12th fret

I always thought the four notes on the D string there were all the 3rd fret and it was just the A that changed? That's the tab I learned it from anyway. Which is right? :$

Yeah. Its easy.

And Uprising. And RATM's Freedom. And a few others. :chuckle:

Mr. ORANGE
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM
You CAN'T be serious !!! The best thing about Muse is that Matt is a perfect frontman being both singer and lead guitarist and he can play rythm guitar while singing and best of all - cool piano stuff...I hate those bands that have a singer and guitarist both competing who's the frontman. Because those guitarist often interfere with the singers trying to play cool stuff while singer is singing and it sounds bad usually. Bells can play great rythm guitar that doesn't interfere with his vocals and then play solo/riff guitar.

What's more, if you've got a solo singer, you can't play much instrumental stuff (think how SS outro riffs would look like, if there's a lead singer doing nothing). And Matt wouldn't be able to do the same rocking out and cool moves, because it would look like showing off and trying to get more attention than a singer. But being both, he's the perfect frontman and I really don't know a better frontman. Surely Freddie was amazing but still it's much cooler when a frontman plays solos and main riffs...That's why I've begun singing lead vocals because I realized I can't go crazy on stage while having a solo singer...And it's a big problem of many bands - Led Zeppelin, RHCP, Guns n'Roses, Oasis, AC/DC, or even Radiohead, Kasabian etc...

And FYI, I think of Matt more as an amazing singer and composer than guitarist/pianist...His vocals are irreplaceble...Sure his guitar and piano riffs are cool and my favourite actually, but his singing and composing is the main signature thing about Muse IMO...

Bs
06-01-2012, 01:06 PM
You also forgetting that if Matt could do all the guitar stuff on his own, then there wouldn't be as much of a need for Chris's bitchin' basslines, and thus it wouldn't be Muse. ;)

haze015
06-01-2012, 01:14 PM
You CAN'T be serious !!! The best thing about Muse is that Matt is a perfect frontman being both singer and lead guitarist and he can play rythm guitar while singing and best of all - cool piano stuff...I hate those bands that have a singer and guitarist both competing who's the frontman. Because those guitarist often interfere with the singers trying to play cool stuff while singer is singing and it sounds bad usually. Bells can play great rythm guitar that doesn't interfere with his vocals and then play solo/riff guitar.

What's more, if you've got a solo singer, you can't play much instrumental stuff (think how SS outro riffs would look like, if there's a lead singer doing nothing). And Matt wouldn't be able to do the same rocking out and cool moves, because it would look like showing off and trying to get more attention than a singer. But being both, he's the perfect frontman and I really don't know a better frontman. Surely Freddie was amazing but still it's much cooler when a frontman plays solos and main riffs...That's why I've begun singing lead vocals because I realized I can't go crazy on stage while having a solo singer...And it's a big problem of many bands - Led Zeppelin, RHCP, Guns n'Roses, Oasis, AC/DC, or even Radiohead, Kasabian etc...

And FYI, I think of Matt more as an amazing singer and composer than guitarist/pianist...His vocals are irreplaceble...Sure his guitar and piano riffs are cool and my favourite actually, but his singing and composing is the main signature thing about Muse IMO...

Spoken like a true guitarist. :LOL:

One note at a time isn't difficult. Listen to Angie by Burt Jansch for real guitar playing.

Mr. ORANGE
06-01-2012, 01:19 PM
You also forgetting that if Matt could do all the guitar stuff on his own, then there wouldn't be as much of a need for Chris's bitchin' basslines, and thus it wouldn't be Muse. ;)
YEAH !!! That's on my mind too...I love how Chris is more of a bassist+rythm guitarist, taking a lot of space...That's great. And Matt does a lot of keyboard-style stuff on the guitar which is also amazing...And there's more space for cool Dom drums too - well generally for everything - BVs also. That's great about Muse - you can really hear what's everybody playing because they've got a lot of space. And still it blends together well, because everything is either about riffage or vocals - no solo show off.

Spoken like a true guitarist. :LOL:

Is that a compliment or mocking ? :LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes::p

haze015
06-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Is that a compliment or mocking ? :LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes::p

Just an observation!

With Muse, we're watching a talented musician rather than a great frontman. I don't think anyone can be a great frontman if they are stood still behind a microphone.

That said, Liam Gallagher got away with it, but purely through sheer arrogance.

Lord MFC
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM

Exhibit A:

:LOL: no they're not easy, they just aren't too difficult. Whats really incredible is that he can do them while singing.

This.

Mr. ORANGE
06-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Just an observation!

With Muse, we're watching a talented musician rather than a great frontman. I don't think anyone can be a great frontman if they are stood still behind a microphone.

That said, Liam Gallagher got away with it, but purely through sheer arrogance.
Well I personally like singers who play guitar and Matt is great because he can do both well...But I think he's somewhat worse now - he doesn't move that much, etc...But he was just invincible back in OoS and Abso tour... :-)

And he's never standing still !!! Not even nowadays - Come ON !!! Maybe on some new The Resistance songs, but that maybe is why I don't like them live...they're not live at all...

Dave
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I respect matt far more as a composer then a guitarist. His way of writing music is much different then most. The whole is set up like a choir. Dom keeps the beat amd fills a bit of sound. Chris fills the mid to low end. Matts guitar fills mid to high end and his voice is used to add extra melody. Most guitarist come up with their parts from jams but Muse just take whats in their heads and make it happen. Look at motp, that could never have come from jamming.

Bs
06-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Well I personally like singers who play guitar and Matt is great because he can do both well...But I think he's somewhat worse now - he doesn't move that much, etc...But he was just invincible back in OoS and Abso tour... :-)

And he's never standing still !!! Not even nowadays - Come ON !!! Maybe on some new The Resistance songs, but that maybe is why I don't like them live...they're not live at all..

To be fair, he couldn't move about too much on those towers or he'd have fallen off! :LOL:

And I remember him moving about quite a lot to the heavier Resistance tracks too to be honest...

Riveon
06-01-2012, 02:50 PM
To be fair, he couldn't move about too much on those towers or he'd have fallen off! :LOL:

And I remember him moving about quite a lot to the heavier Resistance tracks too to be honest...
During Leeds and Reading there were some heavy songs where he barely moved though. :(

Dave
06-01-2012, 02:52 PM
During Leeds and Reading there were some heavy songs where he barely moved though. :(

He has to sing.

Bs
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Ah, I haven't seen the Leeds and Reading videos. I still refuse to accept that they exist.