PDA

View Full Version : Worst Muse song ever?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Strawberry_Juice
14-08-2005, 04:52 AM
I say it's "Unintended." I really really don't like that song. And I don't care that it was a single either.

So... What do you think is the worst Muse song ever?

ʘ
14-08-2005, 05:16 AM
I love unintended...

Worst song? probably something off 'Absolution'... Endelssly, maybe... Haven't heard the full album in a while... :unsure:

Hebetude
14-08-2005, 07:15 AM
well, dunno what's their worst... But unintended is pretty bad. Not because it is such a bad song, but well, let's be honest, Matt can't sing it. Or at least not back then....
If I really have to choose the worst song they made I would have to go for one of the covers. Can't take my eyes off you was quite horrible. That one made me seriously reconsider if I really wanted to be a muse fan. But then I listened to origin again. And there was no doubt in my mind left... :D

Xx

Branny
14-08-2005, 07:22 AM
That would have to be "Map of Your Head." It's the only song I can't stand even 30 seconds of........ :fro:

DJ Stay
14-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Their two worst songs are Time is Running Out and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist.

Hebetude
14-08-2005, 07:32 AM
No, not tiro! tiro is cool! tiro rox!!!!!

Shady
14-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Unintended..

That shows that Matt can sing whatever song he wants low and high pitch..yeah it's not Muse style but whatever i like it...

the worst song is hmm oh well i listen to all of them...really

Mort
14-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Did you even think about using search?

Muse aka
14-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Please please please let me get what i want is their worst. They did it well... better than the Smiths... but they shouldn't have done it.

TIRO is possibly their best ever song by the way.

Mort
14-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Ahhh hahaha. Ahhhh hahahahah. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAH!..

:chaplin:

Jabbin
14-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Muse aka

Ahhh hahaha. Ahhhh hahahahah. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAH!..

:chaplin:

what this guy said.

Their worst would be Sing for Absolution.
Unintended is very, very good. So is Map of Your Head

neo_b1kenobi
14-08-2005, 10:32 AM
id have to say endlessly........ tis just that much tooo slow

Clunge
14-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Feeling Good.

Utter shite.

RoyalAmericanBlended
14-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Feeling Good is not a Muse song.

Anyway, I love all their songs. ESPECIALLY Unintended! He sings amazingly in that song. It's a great, beautiful, sweet song and I love it dearly.

The only song I don't LOVE is Ruled by Secrecy, and even that song is truely brilliant.

Mort
14-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Feeling Good is not a Muse song.

The original version and other versions of Feeling Good are nto Muse songs. But use' version of it is a Muse song. Just because they didn't right it does not mean its not their song. If that wasn't true then Elton johns back catalog is rather small.

Nuber Beer
14-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Newborn! by the way is my favorite not the worst ;)

uuummm...I dont really know what to choose to be the worst. Maybe 'Hate this and I'll love you' but that COULD be because I've heard it so much I've gotten sick of it, depends on the day some days I hate it other days I despise it -shrug-

MUSEMANIA
14-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I never like FURY

Grunge-teen
14-08-2005, 11:31 AM
oh dear :lol: i love all the songs mentioned!

Max
14-08-2005, 11:36 AM
I never like FURY

Why?

Mort
14-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Endlessly and Blackout.

Hysterical_Fan101
14-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Please please please let me get what i want is their worst. They did it well... better than the Smiths... but they shouldn't have done it.

yeah, please please... was a bit pants, but i love unintended and tiro

Exposed Lie
14-08-2005, 12:05 PM

i cant listen to please please. its just shit.

TIRO as best song... :LOL:

MUSEMANIA
14-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Why?

sounds to simple for me.

Caff
14-08-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said something like:

"Omg how can u say that MUSE [Note: I fucking hate people who type Muse in capitals all the time] have a bad song! Dey iz all gud! Amazing! lol! MUSE rawk!"

Jimmy Kane is shite.

Max
14-08-2005, 12:13 PM

"Omg how can u say that MUSE [Note: I fucking hate people who type Muse in capitals all the time] have a bad song! Dey iz all gud! Amazing! lol! MUSE rawk!"

Jimmy Kane is shite.

Agreed on both comments. :) .

haze015
14-08-2005, 12:19 PM
TOADA

Apparently they played it on the Sunday at Earls Court, so I'm fucking glad I missed out on tickets for that night and went on Monday instead. Really can't stand the song.

christoph
14-08-2005, 12:25 PM
That would have to be "Map of Your Head." It's the only song I can't stand even 30 seconds of........ :fro:

Map of Your Head is one of my favourites :cool:

i love when matt sings at around 1:35 and he swallows and misses his queue, haha i love that bit. i love the lyrics "wearing just socks and a phone" too.

i think the most boring song is Endlessly. the lyrics are horribly depressing, and i just can't listen to it.

Tedward Bear
14-08-2005, 12:31 PM
I think most of Absolution is pretty dreadful..... mainly TIRO!

OOS all the way! :D

bionic bunny
14-08-2005, 12:31 PM
There is not one muse song that i dont like...HOWEVER I personally dont think they should have done cant take my eyes off you. I just dont think the song is very.....muse.

Hebetude
14-08-2005, 01:40 PM
It can hardly get more 'unmuse'.
but i just remembered Execution commentary. I love the bass and stuff (they did that on tour at the end of the concerts...) but I just can't listen to it. What i found most disturbing was that all of the other new songs were bootlegs, But this was a studio recording. :confused:

Xx

overdriven
14-08-2005, 01:44 PM
TOADA

Apparently they played it on the Sunday at Earls Court, so I'm fucking glad I missed out on tickets for that night and went on Monday instead. Really can't stand the song.

they played the same songs both nights just in different orders.

id say the worst is sing for absoloution...its kl live but the album versions a bit dull......an yeah i like all the other songs sing for absoloution is the only one i dont like.

Murray
14-08-2005, 01:46 PM
TOADA

Haha I love that song, what don't you like about it? Hey? Hey? Hey? Hey? Hey?

Jimmy Kane is rubbish, execution commentary is also bad.

Murray
14-08-2005, 01:50 PM

No they didn't, TOADA, A Cyring Shame and Dead Star were played on the 19th, but on the 20th they didn't feature but DES, Space Dementia and Blackout did if memory serves.

Dazzer
14-08-2005, 02:05 PM
execution commentary is also bad.

That is one of the best muse songs i think you will find :p

Mort
14-08-2005, 02:10 PM
execution commentary is also bad.
Fuck off. Thats bloody excellent.

Max
14-08-2005, 02:12 PM

Ditto.

Murray
14-08-2005, 02:18 PM

Bloody excellent if you are a member of the RNID. Anyway, you don't like blackout and it's a nice song :p

Gemsy
14-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Agreed.
Funneh rawk. :D

Jimmy Kane and Instant Messenger are shite, and that one that's just Matt with singing with the piano. Rubb00sh.

Jackstin
14-08-2005, 02:43 PM
i never like hyper chondriac music

Incognito
14-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Screenager is pretty dull. Yeah, I'd say Screenager.

Max
14-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Screenager is pretty dull. Yeah, I'd say Screenager.

It's actually much better live on piano.

Mort
14-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Bloody excellent if you are a member of the RNID. Anyway, you don't like blackout and it's a nice song :p
Pfffft. You suc. bet you don't even like Lightning Bolt.
I don't tend to like slow songs. Its a nice song, btu I don't see it as a very good Muse song.

Kazuya vs Ummagumma
14-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Bliss, Pink Ego Box, The Small Print.

Murray
14-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Pfffft. You suc. bet you don't even like Lightning Bolt.
I don't tend to like slow songs. Its a nice song, btu I don't see it as a very good Muse song.

Lightning Bolt...r dey da band dat cuvered da muse song frm earls court?

Not a big fan, no :p

And Bliss/TSP? How are they bad muse songs? :(

neo_b1kenobi
14-08-2005, 03:49 PM
i never like hyper chondriac music

:eek:

NoteToSelf
14-08-2005, 03:52 PM
:eek: :eek:

well i'd say jimmy kane probably

Truth_and_Smiles
14-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Anyone got a download link for jimmy kane? I think I've heard every other Muse song but that.

I'd say the worst Muse song i've heard is either can't take my eyes off of you (though I hate the original as well), or Unintended. The Gallery is pretty boring/unlistenable too.

DJ Stay
14-08-2005, 04:13 PM
No, not tiro! tiro is cool! tiro rox!!!!!
Enjoying that centering option?

Branny
14-08-2005, 04:59 PM

well i'd say jimmy kane probably

Oops-forget about that one. I can't stand 15 seconds of that one. :LOL:

Splinter
14-08-2005, 07:09 PM
What the F*** is wrong with you?!

Sam
14-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Its Endlessly, fact.

pickle
14-08-2005, 07:46 PM
oh dear :lol: i love all the songs mentioned!
Me too :p.
:LOL: HAHAHAHAHA! I understand the language he speaks so I know what he's really saying. Hah, I will never tell!
i cant stand MICROCUTS cus he just sings it too high and i have no idea wat his sayin.
I know! It'd be ok if he didn't sing in falsetto, but it just kinda sounds like screaching. Screenager's boring as well. I like Map Of Your Head and Instant Messenger. What is wrong with those songs? It's definitely time for a new CD. Lately, I've even become bored listening to OOS.

inepta
14-08-2005, 07:47 PM
cant believe at most of the songs u have chosen here...all greats.

well...i would pic one of the bsides...i dont know...maybe coma...i dont think they're bad...i just think the other songs are better. so hard to find one i dont like......... :stunned:

cheers

Sam
14-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Me too :p.

:LOL: HAHAHAHAHA! I understand the language he speaks so I know what he's really saying. Hah, I will never tell!

I know! It'd be ok if he didn't sing in falsetto, but it just kinda sounds like screaching. Screenager's boring as well. I like Map Of Your Head and Instant Messenger. What is wrong with those songs? It's definitely time for a new CD. Lately, I've even become bored listening to OOS.
Its meant to be screaming you douchebag. The songs a goodun' its you that has the problem.
Endlessly is the least good.

allamy
14-08-2005, 08:00 PM
it has to be falling away with you, i always skip it whenever im listening to absoluton...

but still it's not like i HATE it :rolleyes:

the italian mafia
14-08-2005, 08:00 PM
i cant stand MICROCUTS cus he just sings it too high and i have no idea wat his sayin.
haha i love that song i think its one of muses best.
i despise thoughts of a dying athiest. its not at all musical - sticks out like a sore thumb on absolution. terrible guitar solo. not muses style i dont think.

its weird how everyone here hates songs that others love and vicey cersa

i love microcuts (and screenager for that matter)

Sam
14-08-2005, 08:01 PM
haha i love that song i think its one of muses best.
i despise thoughts of a dying athiest. its not at all musical - sticks out like a sore thumb on absolution. terrible guitar solo. not muses style i dont think.

its weird how everyone here hates songs that others love and vicey cersa

i love microcuts (and screenager for that matter)
Yeah thats not one of their bests, a little devoid of genius shall we say. That said i still see Endlessly as the enemy.

the italian mafia
14-08-2005, 08:05 PM
it has to be falling away with you, i always skip it whenever im listening to absoluton...

but still it's not like i HATE it :rolleyes:
its got a lovely chorus :)

Bl44t44p
14-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Shrinking Universe is pretty shit.

Oh and the intro of House of the Rising Sun is horrible. Reminds me of hardcore/terror-like rubbish.

the italian mafia
14-08-2005, 08:10 PM
feck. i love those songs. all of the hullabaloo b-sides are class

Jamie_Manic
14-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Not sure, but almost certainly something off Showbiz. Escape and Overdue are pretty forgetable.

Britrock
14-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Escape is good!

Screenager is very skippable however, and normally gets my vote for worst track.

lachesi
14-08-2005, 08:52 PM
sounds to simple for me.

You're right, "Fury" is very simple,but it makes me flash up. It looks like if I can breahte trought the distortion and the harmonics of the guitar.
But I don't like "Endlessly",I can't hear it more then an half minute. I don't like its rhythm. :fro:

Muse_Cubed
14-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Shrinking Universe is pretty shit.

You bastard. You absolute Bastard.

Overdue's not great, and I don't like Filip either

Clunge
14-08-2005, 09:14 PM
You bastard. You absolute Bastard.

Overdue's not great, and I don't like Filip either
<3 Shrinky :happy:

zombe
14-08-2005, 10:26 PM
i uterly love unitended, i did it as a solo.
and feelin gd is a classic. and if i rememeber some 1 said that cant take my eyes off u was bad, it actually cheers me up. lol

ummm i would say... space demtia... never really leave it on that much..... still a great song thou. :D :D :D

Dazzer
14-08-2005, 10:32 PM

thats my 2nd favourite muse song :chaplin:

Clunge
14-08-2005, 10:34 PM
How can anyone slate classics such as Micro Cuts or Space Dementia?

:stunned:

Dazzer
14-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Do some of the folk on this board just listen to muse and nothing else??

citizenerased!!!
14-08-2005, 10:38 PM
their cover of "can't take my eyes off you" has to be the worst song really cheesy dont like it at all!!

zombe
14-08-2005, 11:07 PM
i agree that sum dnt listern anything else, but most do have other tastes........but all that comes 2 mind is muse...muse...muse...and matt bellamy...aarrrrrrrrr....ummm nice...lol.

Dazzer
14-08-2005, 11:13 PM
i agree that sum dnt listern anything else, but most do have other tastes........but all that comes 2 mind is muse...muse...muse...and matt bellamy...aarrrrrrrrr....ummm nice...lol.

wtf???

Splinter
14-08-2005, 11:17 PM
To quote myself:

"WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Gemsy
14-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Its Endlessly, fact.
Seconded.
Gah, those strings. :stunned:

butterflies.hurricanes
14-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Seconded.
Hey, ur from portswood. I used to live there but thankfully i don't anymore.

Hurricane Frances
14-08-2005, 11:24 PM

No, they played different songs. On the Sunday (When I went) they played Hyper Music, but on the Monday they played Space Dementia instead. Pretty pissed off about that actually as Space Dementia's my favourite live song. :'(

Dazzer
14-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Seconded.

thirded

Gemsy
14-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey, ur from portswood. I used to live there but thankfully i don't anymore.
I just moved here. I'm actually FROM Hythe, out in the Forest. :cool:
*is now a townie*

5M17HY
14-08-2005, 11:27 PM
citizen erased... make your mind up! :indiff: I mean it starts off nice and heavy then goes slow, whats with that? :stunned:

*waits for response*

But truthfully i would have to say Butterflies and hurricanes, i always used to skip it and think it was a terrible song, then they released it as a single and it dissapointed me loads. Also, once when i was concentrating so hard on NOT listening to that piano solo that just ruins it even more, i swear i heard voices behind it, took my headphones out... listened for voices... none.

Gemsy
thirded
I used to hate brass instruments the most but after hearing Endlessly I'm going off strings a bit. :LOL:
The lyrics make me cringe. Sorry Matt.

5M17HY
No, they played different songs. On the Sunday (When I went) they played Hyper Music, but on the Monday they played Space Dementia instead. Pretty pissed off about that actually as Space Dementia's my favourite live song. :'(

they didnt play hyper music either date...

Dazzer
14-08-2005, 11:32 PM
I used to hate brass instruments the most but after hearing Endlessly I'm going off strings a bit. :LOL:
The lyrics make me cringe. Sorry Matt.

i just think its a shit song.

Hurricane Frances
14-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Endlessly is a little annoying and repetitive. There doesn't seem to be much variation between any of the song at all, and the lyrics are all mushy-like. It's probably the only Muse song that I nearly always skip after listening to about half of it. Sorry dudes. :unsure:

Hurricane Frances
14-08-2005, 11:40 PM

*cough**splutter* What?!! *choke* Sorry, I know it's your opinion but...but...those are awesome songs!

zombe
14-08-2005, 11:44 PM
i secound that, what twat

Raptor
15-08-2005, 01:07 AM
I must say 'Do We Need This' and 'Spiral Static'. They are ok but if I┤d have to pick anything I┤d pick them.

butterfly_irony
15-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Unintended is one of the best songs i think on showbiz after sunburn. i dont think theres a worst song as i like all of them but muse should of released the small print instead of time is running out or absolution.

Miller
15-08-2005, 02:37 AM
My vote goes for Sing For Absolution. I really just think it's boring. Plus Stockholme Syndrome is after it. I get impatient and then skip it.

Chaos Theory
15-08-2005, 03:03 AM
this thread has made me laugh he he. but yea a few of peoples choices has shocked me, but fair enough, we are all entitled to our own oppinion....as for me least faves are:
Please pleas please let me get what i want, quite bad reall, pisses me off
nische
TOADA is almost on the list, it just kinda annoys me but i still listen to it.
jimmy Kane i agree is complete rubbish
Con-science......what the hell was Matt thinking!!!!!!!!! I think i have made my decision.....THIS ONE!
Balloonatic The original not the re-recording, i have a dodgy studio version of this, and i always skip it, (i have a CD i burnt of loads of their b-sides)

so yea there are a few forgettable tracks, but are mostly b-sides or covers, and for quite good reasons, there are some b-sides i believe to be superior to some tracks, but some tracks you completely understand why it didn't make an album cut.

Nuber Beer
15-08-2005, 05:52 AM

BLISS!!?? :rolleyes: I dont know what drugs your on but to dislike Bliss, geez what planet were you born on :indiff:

And TSP is wickeeeed :stunned: :eek:

Seriously I'd have to sit down and listen to every song to pick one to dislike, I like Hate this and I'll love you today :LOL:

Bellamy
15-08-2005, 06:34 AM

somebody deal with this person before i go psycho and attack him/her :stunned:

the one i dont like is Nature_1. something about it seems out of place...

TheFaction
15-08-2005, 06:57 AM
off the top of my head..probably muscle museum. for some reason i could never get into that song, it reminds me of a really bad polka or something.

butterflies.hurricanes
15-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Unintended is one of the best songs i think on showbiz after sunburn. i dont think theres a worst song as i like all of them but muse should of released the small print instead of time is running out or absolution.
We had unintended played at our wedding! Needless to say I don't think it's shit either.

Clunge
15-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Just on the Earls Court subject...

19th: A Crying Shame, TOADA, Dead Star
20th: Space Dementia, DES, Blackout

The rest of the sets were the same. Anyhoo, The only Muse songs I really dislike are Jimmy Kane and Feeling Good (as yes, I know it's a cover, a terrible cover)

Josh
15-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Time is Running Out.

reasontolive
15-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Infact, according to Chris, unless they played it on the Us tour after Earls Court, they didn't play hyper music for the entire of the absolution tour because "it sounded like bliss and they wanted to show a wider range of music " blah blah blah ... :confused: :unsure:

:)

Black Mamba
15-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Time is Running Out.
Oh yeah that one....and FAWY.....yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

skizofrenica
15-08-2005, 09:37 AM
please don't post threads like this..! :'(

Dazzer
15-08-2005, 09:44 AM

fuck off!! :happy:

Clunge
15-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Infact, according to Chris, unless they played it on the Us tour after Earls Court, they didn't play hyper music for the entire of the absolution tour because "it sounded like bliss and they wanted to show a wider range of music " blah blah blah ... :confused: :unsure:

:)
Tis true, they haven't played Hyper Music since the end of the Origin/Hullabaloo tours.

Black Mamba
15-08-2005, 09:47 AM
fuck off!! :happy:
Meow!

reasontolive
15-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Tis true, they haven't played Hyper Music since the end of the Origin/Hullabaloo tours.
don't you just love it when having useless knowledge like this pays off in life :unsure:

Clunge
15-08-2005, 09:52 AM
don't you just love it when having useless knowledge like this pays off in life :unsure:
Maybe...

I have a photographic memory for useless facts unfortunatly :(

Dazzer
15-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Maybe...

I have a photographic memory for useless facts unfortunatly :(

thats sad

Clunge
15-08-2005, 10:04 AM
thats sad
Aye, I know

however, stfu

Dazzer
15-08-2005, 10:07 AM
however, stfu

:LOL:

Celtic Rose
15-08-2005, 10:11 AM
I hate "Falling Away With You". I still say it sounds like the theme music to Gardeners World.

skizofrenica
15-08-2005, 10:34 AM
I hate "Falling Away With You". I still say it sounds like the theme music to Gardeners World.

well, I'm sorry it reminds you of that... I love FAWY, but if I had to name one song that I don't like... it'd be Microcuts. It's not the worst song ever, but I don't quite like it... it's a strange song... and a bit ridiculous...

neo_b1kenobi
15-08-2005, 10:39 AM

Thankyou!!! Love the song... but it sounds like gardener's world!
Always have thought that!!

Baffled
15-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Any song that they've madethat goes along at less than 150 beats a minutes (i.e blackout,un intended)) are hard for me to listen to cause i get fidgety. Endlessly is an exception but thats cause i can't be bothered to pay attention to what hes saying

Clunge
15-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Any song that they've madethat goes along at less than 150 beats a minutes (i.e blackout,un intended)) are hard for me to listen to cause i get fidgety. Endlessly is an exception but thats cause i can't be bothered to pay attention to what hes saying
Grow an attention span then.

Baffled
15-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Grow an attention span then.

.......or i could stop listening to slow songs. anyone else with "helpful" solutions to my problem? :indiff:

tim bisley
15-08-2005, 01:41 PM
i hate jimmy kane

Stecloud
15-08-2005, 01:51 PM
I agree, Jimmy Kane isn't very good.

NoteToSelf
15-08-2005, 02:00 PM

WTF? :eek: my fav muse song ever... and endlessly as well :confused:

francyvisi
15-08-2005, 05:26 PM
BLISS!!?? :rolleyes: I dont know what drugs your on but to dislike Bliss, geez what planet were you born on :indiff:
I agree... Bliss is one of the best songs ever... And unintended is a great song too! but I don't really like "Blackout"...

Becky boo
15-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Again jimmy kane probably.

the italian mafia
15-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Do some of the folk on this board just listen to muse and nothing else??
:$

Strawberry_Juice
15-08-2005, 06:28 PM

Okay, I'll delete this thread so no one has to be upset by the opinions of others and put foam protectors on the corners of coffee tables so you don't bang your wittle leggy-poo when you walk out. :happy:
Because it's so meeeean and makes you a baaaaad music fan to say a band has a bad song!!!! Yes, I know, my ickle-pickle.

Or maybe you can just ignore these kinds of threads... :chaplin:

Dazzer
15-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Or maybe you can just ignore these kinds of threads... :chaplin:

or maybe she can be shot

ManÚ
16-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I say it's "Unintended." I really really don't like that song. And I don't care that it was a single either.

for me Sing for Absolution :indiff: I hate it

deathmedic
16-08-2005, 03:36 PM
i've only read the first few pages, and most of the songs on those i like/loved.

but jimmy kane is pretty annoying now.

xsuperstitionx
16-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Blackout.

Tis boring.

Helliewoo
16-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Instant Messenger

PeteyParker
16-08-2005, 06:16 PM
I'd have to go with Execution Commentary. If it was just an instrumental it would be good but since its not, its blech.

shackadeema
16-08-2005, 06:25 PM
i dont like the song falling down.

Linsy
16-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Blackout, Screenager, and Megalomania suck in my opinion. Coz I think they're boring. :D
I also hate Map Of Your Head - I listened to the first minute of it and found it so crap I couldn't listen to it anymore! :fro: :chaplin:

A lot of people on here hate Jimmy Kane, I've never heard it and my attempts at downloading it didn't go very well. What's so bad about it? Does it have a slow beat, crap lyrics etc?

Jan
16-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Map of Your Head is one of my favourites :cool:

i love when matt sings at around 1:35 and he swallows and misses his queue, haha i love that bit. i love the lyrics "wearing just socks and a phone" too.

same here, quelle coincidence.

anyway, I have never been able to stand "Sing for Absolution. ugh I hate that song.

Kazuya vs Ummagumma
16-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Blackout.

Tis boring.
Tsk.

~screenager~
16-08-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm less than fond of Con-Science, Fillip and Jimmy Kane.

Though I love all the others. I don't find Blackout, Screenager, S4A etc boring at all. In fact Blackout and S4A are some of my alltime favourite Muse songs.

Kazuya vs Ummagumma
16-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Fillip has a nice instrumentally bit.

Or is that Cave? I always mix them up.

Beast Love
16-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Jimmy Kane is an atrocious song.

Romanticide
17-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Fillip has a nice instrumentally bit.

Or is that Cave? I always mix them up.

I mix them up too strangely enough.

I'm gonna have to say Execution Commentary, makes a good outro but not a good studio recorded song.

Beast Love
17-08-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm gonna have to say Execution Commentary, makes a good outro but not a good studio recorded song.

I don't think it was ever s'pose to be a "good" studio song...that's why I like it so much, because it just seemed kind of like they did it as a joke...

and it also says on the inlay cover of the cd it's on

"Execution Commentary:
Produced Badly by a Nasty Piece of Work"

and the singing in it makes me laugh...

Romanticide
17-08-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't think it was ever s'pose to be a "good" studio song...that's why I like it so much, because it just seemed kind of like they did it as a joke...

and it also says on the inlay cover of the cd it's on

"Execution Commentary:
Produced Badly by a Nasty Piece of Work"

and the singing in it makes me laugh...

Yeah, I can see it as a joke and it makes me laugh but as an actual muse song to me it's the worst =p.

Pensocratic
18-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Bloody hell it's gotta be TIRO by a long shot. It's their sell out song. I came into school and everyone was like "oooh muse are simply to diiiiie for, how cool is blah blooh" and the like. No you're idiots. You know nothing about music, and no you're not really origional for liking that song. It made them all main stream, so im hoping they'll go Kid A on or ass. es.

Gemsy
18-08-2005, 02:27 PM
YOU'RE the worst Muse song ever.

Dazzer
18-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Bloody hell it's gotta be TIRO by a long shot. It's their sell out song. I came into school and everyone was like "oooh muse are simply to diiiiie for, how cool is blah blooh" and the like. No you're idiots. You know nothing about music, and no you're not really origional for liking that song. It made them all main stream, so im hoping they'll go Kid A on or ass. es.

your a twat

Bewilders
18-08-2005, 03:42 PM
YOU'RE the worst Muse song ever.
:LOL: Stop it.

Funkyman
20-08-2005, 05:54 AM
Sing for absoulution and falling away with you areSHIT :fro: :fro:

smiddy
20-08-2005, 04:22 PM
They don't have any shit songs :)

LÚna Rosemberg
20-08-2005, 07:17 PM

Jimmy Kane is shite.

That really what I wanted to say, but I would prefer "I real Muse fan in the sens I love whatever they do (maybe appart the mushroom and guitar breaking trip), so the idea of a worst song is surprising. Like a best song, by the way."

Ocelot Robot
20-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Jimmy Kane and pink ego box are shat, the rest are all good :)

iknowthatunderneathitsme
20-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Never liked S4A all tht much. And the video irritates me. Not tht its terrible though, just the only one i'll skip on a regular basis.
One thing though, is it not unfair to label a song a 'sell-out' simply because it gets some air time on radio and people know the tune? It's the same as telling everyone an obscure b-side is your favourite song in a desperate attempt to look hardcore when honestly new born gets you going more than anything else (and why shouldn't it). Not that everybody does this, just those looking for superiority over others cos they kinda suck deep down ;)

*fleepfloop*
20-08-2005, 08:19 PM
i don't think there is a muse song i don't like. i've kind of gone off endlessly but i'm sure i'll like it again soon. i admit it does kind of annoy me when ppl ask me who my favourite band is and i say muse and then they say "oh yeh they r really cool i like um...whats it called time is running out" i dunno why it annoys me...it just does. i think it's because i've liked muse for a long time and now everyone seems to be liking them it doesn't feel as special anymore. yes...pathetic reason i know.

jeremy kyle
20-08-2005, 08:27 PM
t.i.r.o so badly over rated and loved by n00bs all over the world (mainly america).

Jan
20-08-2005, 08:59 PM
t.i.r.o so badly over rated and loved by n00bs all over the world (mainly america).

meh yeah unfortunately that's the only song people around here know. well that and Stockholm Syndrome.

Archie
21-08-2005, 01:08 PM
meh yeah unfortunately that's the only song people around here know. well that and Stockholm Syndrome.

Yeah, complete crowd followers songs really. There immense non the less but everyone who just watchs MTV and shit like that seems to think that they are their only songs.

Linsy
21-08-2005, 02:39 PM
One thing though, is it not unfair to label a song a 'sell-out' simply because it gets some air time on radio and people know the tune? It's the same as telling everyone an obscure b-side is your favourite song in a desperate attempt to look hardcore when honestly new born gets you going more than anything else (and why shouldn't it). Not that everybody does this, just those looking for superiority over others cos they kinda suck deep down ;)

Well said my friend, well said. :happy: :D

Steve1
21-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Yup. Muse fans spend half their time bemoaning how the band don't get much airplay, and the other moaning how they've sold out :LOL:

Ash
21-08-2005, 03:29 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH :LOL:

Ahhhhh I should come in here more often, it's funny.

Jacky Boy
21-08-2005, 05:19 PM
their worst is endlessy, by far

mattsmate
21-08-2005, 06:06 PM
To be honest, there isn't a single Muse song I don't like...they're such talented lads, and write awesome music!

Bewilders
22-08-2005, 11:14 AM
their worst is endlessy, by far
:fro: Thats one of my favourites....

Least FAvourite is : Blackout and Jimmy Kane

unlovable
22-08-2005, 11:18 AM
i really like unintended :( hm... i don't like hate this and i'll love you and hm... darkshine gets on my nerves, i think too many people love that song for nothing, i think escape or thoughts of a dying atheist are so much better!

gwezza
22-08-2005, 11:21 AM
seriously, nobody actually likes execution commentary do they? You are all lying! :confused:

DominicHoward
22-08-2005, 05:55 PM
what the fuck? how can you slag off your favourite band? what's the point in being a fan if you think that matt can't sing the songs or they aren't very good.

the point is that muse rock the shit out of all of you and you couldn't touch them with a ten foot pole in regards to talent.

Strawberry_Juice
22-08-2005, 05:59 PM
er, so let me get it straight-
We're not real fans because we don't like some of their music?
Well, if you say so. :stunned:
(by the way, your mother is waiting in bed for you)

DominicHoward
22-08-2005, 06:01 PM
its the people that go around slagging off matt because they think he can't sing a song or he's not a very good guitarist. the truth is that they're just jealous.

and dont pull that mother shit with me, im not a kid.

unlovable
22-08-2005, 06:04 PM
what the fuck? how can you slag off your favourite band? what's the point in being a fan if you think that matt can't sing the songs or they aren't very good.

the point is that muse rock the shit out of all of you and you couldn't touch them with a ten foot pole in regards to talent.

we can love muse, appreciate their talent and all and say that we don't like everything they do.. if you say you like all their songs you're certainly a liar because they have done songs very different, just look the difference between unintended and ashamed and the groove, such different songs (but i'll trust you if you say that you like unintended, ashamed and the groove ^^)

DominicHoward
22-08-2005, 06:10 PM
i do. in fact, there's not a muse song that i don't like...im obsessed.

Strawberry_Juice
22-08-2005, 06:10 PM
its the people that go around slagging off matt because they think he can't sing a song or he's not a very good guitarist. the truth is that they're just jealous.

and dont pull that mother shit with me, im not a kid.

Matt is a good gutarist and a good singer. But good does not necessarily mean listenable or likeable. For example- you can have a very good ballerina, and while they're extremely good at ballet, you may not like them just because you are not fond of the style of dance they perform. It's the same thing with Matt- he's got a certain vocal+guitar style, some like it, some don't. I really like it, but if he did something solo, I probably wouldn't listen to it. What people on this board tend to forget-

Matt alone is not Muse.

DominicHoward
22-08-2005, 06:22 PM
i know, you dont really see people slagging chris or dom off do you, you'll generally find that the criticism is aimed towards matt. so surely, the people doing the criticising share this view that 'matt is muse/muse is matt'?

the_slickrock
22-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Why Endlessly? That song is original and rocks...don't know what you guys are thinking...I'd have to say Ruled By Secrecy...after the whole Absolution album it just bores me...so I just stop at Thoughts of A Dyin Atheist...which is a good song too...

Max
22-08-2005, 10:06 PM
I'd have to say Ruled By Secrecy...after the whole Absolution album it just bores me

Have you seen that amazing song live? It is awesome.

rykku
22-08-2005, 10:09 PM
:T i love all their songs <3

Jan
22-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Have you seen that amazing song live? It is awesome.

oh my g-d it is.

for the Muse concert, originally I had floor seats right in front of the stage, but then my friend had surgery and ended up on crutches, so we couldn't exactly be on the floor. the security kindly gave us seats up in the bleachers, where we could look down on the stage. I was pissed that we weren't by the stage, but actually being able to see him play Ruled By Secrecy was amazing.

pcelica_1612
29-08-2005, 09:17 AM
sober

breaking_porcelain
29-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Pink Ego box. "But I think I like it when you instant message me..."
That song has the wankiest lyrics ever.

Johanne28
29-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Who said Bliss ??? :eek: It's one on the bests ...

I think Endlessy, Screenager and Dark shines are the worst ... but i like them ...

Funklord
29-08-2005, 01:35 PM
i'm so surprised that only one person here dislikes overdue.That song seems to last for ages, and it's just over 2 minutes. it's got to be their worst song, even worse than all of their b-sides

JoBear
29-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Unintended.

Insincere wankery at its best.

Hebetude
29-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Unintended.

got a point there...the singing is pretty awfull too

Meteora.stan
29-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Unintended is just fine.so is its video.
I'll say Screenager is not so good. That's all

DominicHoward
29-08-2005, 03:21 PM
got a point there...the singing is pretty awfull too

oh so you can do better? cool.

Strawberry_Juice
24-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Unintended.

THANK YOU. :)
Sounds like a boyband song.

YouCouldBeMyUnintended
24-09-2005, 04:56 PM

I quite like Unintended myself :)

And it's one of the two songs I can actually play on guitar :cool:

christoph
24-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Still standing by Endlessly. It makes me feel so horrible.

Clunge
24-09-2005, 05:30 PM
i'm so surprised that only one person here dislikes overdue.That song seems to last for ages, and it's just over 2 minutes. it's got to be their worst song, even worse than all of their b-sides
<3 Overdue.

Only one I REALLY dislike is Feeling Good. TIRO, SFA and Endlessly are a tad naff but ok.

Ocelot Robot
24-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Thats a ace song! Infidel!

Jacky Boy
24-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Jimmy Kane is rubbish, execution commentary is also bad.

yea jimmy kane sucks, but execution commentary rules

Microshines
24-09-2005, 08:52 PM

i agree...overdue is their worst song...fillip is up ther also...but fillip deserves credit cuz it has a kick ass ending to it...

Jammy2211
24-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Anyone heard the remix of sunburn? thats bloody awful.

But er for the serious muse songs I'd say 'yes please'... never really understood it.

Strawberry_Juice
25-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Anyone heard the remix of sunburn? thats bloody awful.

But er for the serious muse songs I'd say 'yes please'... never really understood it.

"Yes Please" is a very thought-provoking, soulful ballad about two lovers on opposite ends of the universe, each having to make the same dreaded decision: Soup or salad?

Gets me every time.

Jan
25-09-2005, 01:30 AM
"Yes Please" is a very thought-provoking, soulful ballad about two lovers on opposite ends of the universe, each having to make the same dreaded decision: Soup or salad?

Gets me every time.

soup.

seriously strawberry_juice I love you.

I really really do.

Strawberry_Juice
25-09-2005, 01:39 AM
I love you, baybeh.
Yay for internet sex predator-ness!

Jan
25-09-2005, 01:45 AM
I love you, baybeh.
Yay for internet sex predator-ness!

ohmygoodnessgracious.

this is so hot.

hells bells yesss.

Aisling
25-09-2005, 02:08 AM

Instant Messenger / Pink Ego Box

It's just... lame :stunned:

Crap
05-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Screenager, Jimmy Kane, Fillip, Yes Please, B&H and Newborn.
I just don't like those songs. Don't like the piano in B&H, horrible.
And don't say I'm stupid, it's just my opinion :p

ButterflyPyromaniac
05-10-2005, 06:03 PM
The Cave remix.... Someone must've said it before..

Jacky Boy
05-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Screenager, Jimmy Kane, Fillip, Yes Please, B&H and Newborn.
I just don't like those songs. Don't like the piano in B&H, horrible.
And don't say I'm stupid, it's just my opinion :p
i know its ur own opinion but, i dont know how anyone could dislike new born, it well and truly pwns

PepperLoveJules
05-10-2005, 06:30 PM
i'd say Jimmy Kane, so wtf is that sex in pain, make me sexless :LOL:

Crap
05-10-2005, 06:35 PM
i know its ur own opinion but, i dont know how anyone could dislike new born, it well and truly pwns

Well, a few months ago it was my favourite song and I think I've heard it too often :p The song itself isn't bad, but I don't like it anymore.

Clunge
05-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Newborn has been in my top 3 Muse songs since 2001. It's just so infinantly pwn-er-ish.

Jimmy Kane and Sing For Absolution are both pretty awful.

AstroPenguin
06-10-2005, 03:06 AM
JImmy Cane is probly the worst, anything off of the albums are good, how can people list a song from absolution? its all like pefect

Meteora.stan
06-10-2005, 05:07 AM
i agree...overdue is their worst song...fillip is up ther also...but fillip deserves credit cuz it has a kick ass ending to it...
WHAT????? :eek: :eek: Overdue is absolutely great!Are you kidding? :unsure:

Crap
06-10-2005, 01:59 PM
I like Overdue :)
But I don't like Megalomania, it makes me depressive :fro:

ManÚ
06-10-2005, 02:09 PM
I hate SFA :indiff: I know I already said that earlier in that thread but I really hate it :rolleyes:

Meteora.stan
06-10-2005, 03:44 PM
I hate SFA :indiff: I know I already said that earlier in that thread but I really hate it :rolleyes:
It's OK!!I mean,SFA is OK...
I don't like Uno...though the guitar solo is good

Mad_Muse_Girl
06-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Fillip is by far the worst Muse song. It just doesn't work. Unintended is beautiful

timmy123
06-10-2005, 06:11 PM
I like Overdue :)
But I don't like Megalomania, it makes me depressive :fro:
you crazy foo' meagalomania rocks

ruled/by/muse
07-10-2005, 08:45 PM
unintended - its a fucking groupie song

satan
07-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Execution Commentary

Strawberry_Juice
07-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Fillip is by far the worst Muse song. It just doesn't work. Unintended is beautiful
Switch those two around. :chaplin:

Evissamrepus
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Execution commentary is by far the worst song ever made by Muse. Oddly enough it's also one of my favorite songs, go figure.:rolleyes:
I mean, you can't help but start laughing when the super tripped-out "singing" starts, you can just tell the guys are messing around and the results are hilarious :p

Celtic Rose
10-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Falling Away With You is shite. Utter shite........

EvanMael
10-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Uno and Falling Away With You

*OoS*
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, I'm one of those weird obsessives who has never heard a "bad" Muse song, so I can't really comment, apart from to say that there is no "worst" Muse song, because they all own :happy:

Gargoyle88
10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Bedroom Acoustics = Zzzzzzzz.......
Boring as hell!

AJ20R
10-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Screenager

*OoS*
10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Screenager

:O Lol I only just into Screenager and Megalomania, but I really appreciate the darkness of them, the coolness... :D

muse.fan.
10-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Execution Commentary

susurr0
10-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Nishe :stunned:

BlueAngelX
10-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Microcuts

colly
10-02-2007, 11:48 PM
i dont have a worst song 'coz they're fooking good. and damn you all who say different hahahahahahaha :musesign:

Mort
11-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Soldiers Poem, Invincible and Hoodoo.

Tania
11-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Soldiers Poem, Invincible and Hoodoo.

yeah, Invincible makes me feel pretty ill, as does Soldier's Poem.... it's why Invincible's in my sig! :LOL:

Strawberry_Juice
11-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Methinks "Unintended" has some tough competition from "Invincible" in terms of being the worst. I applaud Muse, they're so versatile that even their bad songs are completely different.

grag
11-02-2007, 03:32 AM
probably Con-science :stunned:
Execution Commentary too

Zephyr
11-02-2007, 03:47 AM
I don't like City of Delusion nor Soldier's Poem. I think they're more like rants about Iraq than actual Muse songs. I mean, where are the real lyrics? :LOL:

Beast Love
11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Everyone seems to be missing Jimmy Kane from their lists.

Annoying bassline/riff, crap lyrics. Outros quite good though.

AdamParker1986
11-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Execution Commentary

Agreed!!

emilya
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Invincible makes me want to throw up. I love muse, so this is a pretty impressive feat. Go Matt!

Old Man Pigeon
11-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Unintended
Screenager
Time Is Running Out
Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist
Exo Politics

If i had to pick 1 i'd go with Screenager

crazy_chocobo
11-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Microcuts

:eek:

probably Con-science

:'( How could anyone hate those songs? Microcuts may not be everyone's cup of tea, what with the funky singing in it... but ConScience and Endlessly?

ConScience is a wonderful song, I love the build up in it, and Endlessly is so beautiful. It's one of my favourite Muse Songs ever!:) it makes me feel really happy when I listen to it!

If you want bad songs, then pick on Jimmy Kane, or Bedroom Acoustics. They aren't very good at all.

Matt_wife
11-02-2007, 03:48 PM
we're talking about MUSE ... there's no worst song in my opinion .. they're awsome!!

KingDuck
14-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Ok i don't know if any thread like this has been started before, and I don't care much for the search feature, but I want to share with everyone the muse songs that you just can't listen to.

This doesn't mean you have to dislike the songs completely, but for example if you heard them so much you just got bored of them or if you would skip them on your playlist..

Oh and i don't want any fans saying "OMG I LUV ALL THERE SONGS HOW CAN U R NOT A REAL MUSE FAN" so if you absolutely LOVE all their songs, just don't post here. Also i have liked muse for years so it's not like i don't like them or anything :P

here are mine:

Screenager (just so boring)
Megalomania (it's nice at first but gets on my nerves after a few minutes)
Shine acoustic (the little noises are annoying)
Cave
Hate this and i'll love you (no reason)

that's basically all for me .. there are a few others that are close to going on but they're good enough not to go on... :P

also i am immune to flames since i hardly ever read this message board so chances are i won't even read this again! (but i probably will if i'm bored)

hyperbaby
14-02-2007, 02:36 PM
omg, cave is one of my favourites!
Microcuts (winces) but i fastrack to the riff
Instant Messanger/Pink Ego Box grates a little

Nattywba
14-02-2007, 02:36 PM
fillip, i don't hate it, i just skip it a lot

Sylvie
14-02-2007, 02:40 PM
'HATE' is a word unknown for me for Muse songs.:)

Firebaptist
14-02-2007, 02:41 PM
http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=23474 ;)

hyperbaby
14-02-2007, 02:42 PM
omg x2, i luv fillip. I've tried listening to Execution commentary in the car, through headphones but it just doesn't do it for me

nature_3
14-02-2007, 02:42 PM
screenager?:eek:
i heard a lot of people don't like it.... why?!
i love it.

anyway,i don't hate anything by muse..:$

maybe i don't like so much Easily forgotten

stace_face
14-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Sober & overdue- just bore me and i don't like 'em.

KingDuck
that thread is worst SONG not most hated songs though :p

Hobo
Crying Shame.

Firebaptist
that thread is worst SONG not most hated songs though :p
what's the difference?

stace_face
+

Screenager is a great song
shame on those who don't like it :noey:

stace_face
14-02-2007, 02:44 PM
what's the difference?

You can think that one of their songs is the worst they've done, but you might not necessarily hate it.

Firebaptist
14-02-2007, 02:46 PM
You can think that one of their songs is the worst they've done, but you might not necessarily hate it.
But all this thread is people saying which songs they don't like... in other words... which songs they think are the worst...

KingDuck
14-02-2007, 02:46 PM
haha yea, like one of their covers is probably the worst song since they didn't actually make it, but they're still really good

the house of the rising sun is probably the worst because it just repeats and repeats over and over but i love it

edit: also instant messenger is a terrible song i don't like it

Mandy_
14-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Starlight(To poppy, repetitive)
Hyper Chondriac Music(I love Hyper Music, but I just cant stand it slowed down, so depressing),
Microcuts(I love it instrumentally, but I just cant get passed the weird vocals.):LOL:
Easily(Not bad, just not that great.)

stace_face
14-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Starlight(To poppy, repetitive)
Hyper Chondriac Music(I love Hyper Music, but I just cant stand it slowed down, so depressing),

+1 to both of them :happy:

Mr Fister
14-02-2007, 03:58 PM
another vote for Sing For Absolution

stace_face
14-02-2007, 04:00 PM
another vote for Sing For Absolution

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Get out!

MarilynMay
14-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Muse haven't bad songs, for my mind.
It's just my opinion)
Microcuts is the best for me

Lo
14-02-2007, 04:24 PM

see i'm the opposite i think hyperchondriac is much more poweful and thought provoking i dont find hyper music anything special at all, for me the latter just dosnt stand out

<O>
14-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Why do so many people hate Time Is Running Out?

Hobo
14-02-2007, 04:26 PM
see i'm the opposite i think hyperchondriac is much more poweful and thought provoking i dont find hyper music anything special at all, for me the latter just dosnt stand out
I completely agree. :yesey: HCM is amazing.

Mrs. BrightSide
14-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Blackout, Invincible, Starlight & Instant Messenger.