PDA

View Full Version : Worst Muse song ever?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

I'd_Rather_Dance
03-06-2009, 11:21 PM
HOW did Invincible get on BHAR, and not Glorious or Easily?
Who was stoned when they decided on the final track listing?!

Maybe they were on shrooms...again...?

garseys
03-06-2009, 11:55 PM

Bellorz likes it(read: bums it),I dunno, I don't think he realises how bad it is.

Glorious is one ch00n though!:happy:

tails
04-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Are you sure?

Several bad Muse songs I can name off right now.

Hyper Music. :noey:

the hell?
hyper music is EPIC

1. You're a douche bag.
2. If you find one of Muse's songs bad, then you can piss off. Like seriously! You can't hear that every fucking song is catching!? Of course I got my favorites (btw, Unintended is one of them), but there's not a single song I don't like.

When I first got to "know" Muse was actually by playing Knights of Cydonia. And that's over a year ago, maybe more (not sure really). And since then I still listen to it. I never get tired of it as I do with any other artist's songs! I bought all of their albums, and listened to one album only for a couple of months 'till I switched to a new one. Each and every time I began to listen to a "new" (for me) album I got just as excited over every god damn song they have! Atm I listen to the Absolution DVD I got by my mother for Christmas.

Don't make me list up my favorite songs as there are to many. But by all means, if you insist then of course I will ;D
But you people who seriously come into their home page to this forum to complain of some of their songs can please do us all a favor and piss off.

WOAH.

tails
04-06-2009, 12:41 AM

+1

and I agree with whoever said CoD was BHaR's best track.
Hearing the live version at Wembley was soooo gooooood:happy:

antics
04-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Pink Ego Box...wth were they thinking

Burning_October
04-06-2009, 03:02 AM

I actually love Invincible, but I think that all three could've been on BhaR. Actually, on another forum, someone suggested that BHaR should've just been a series of EP's, and to be honest, I agree. A bunch of EP's, each with a different sound, would've been neat.

boomeraangsquad
04-06-2009, 04:01 AM
Yeah. Invincible is actually a nice song. I don't know why people hate it.

I don't really like overdue that much, to be honest.

tails
04-06-2009, 04:05 AM
identical avatars are identical
:awesome:

boomeraangsquad
04-06-2009, 04:06 AM

mine is a bit darker though :p

mycorona135
04-06-2009, 04:07 AM
why do so many people hate invincible? what did invincible ever do to you guys?!?!

its a good song, not their best but still good.

tails
04-06-2009, 04:09 AM

mine is a bit darker though :p

i'm colorblind:(

boomeraangsquad
04-06-2009, 04:10 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Raining_Muses and say Hyper Music as well.

I enjoy the verses, but the main riff and chorus aren't good at all. Not catchy or very Muse-like. I just don't like it.

shining_dark
04-06-2009, 07:19 AM

I enjoy the verses, but the main riff and chorus aren't good at all. Not catchy or very Muse-like. t.

Thats because the main riff and chorus is pretty much ripped straight from rage's 'snake charmer' :p (if thats what it's called)

honestly its pretty much exactly the same lol

But I actually love that song :erm:

mrs_bellamy_
04-06-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't really like Endlessly, Blackout and Agitated.
I used to hate Micro cuts, now I love it.

ilovemuse.
04-06-2009, 08:23 AM
what the fuck? how can you slag off your favourite band? what's the point in being a fan if you think that matt can't sing the songs or they aren't very good.

the point is that muse rock the shit out of all of you and you couldn't touch them with a ten foot pole in regards to talent.

I agree with everything this guy said. Also, someone said something about "you can't like very Muse song cos there are different genres". But really, you can like different styles. And I do love every single Muse songs because Matt, Dom and Chris are geniuses and I love them. I'm also obsessed with Muse and am not a sell out teen just saying I love Muse for Supermassive Black Hole cos of Twilight. I've been a fan for agesssss! And I do respect people's opinions; so respect mine please. (:

ilovemuse.
04-06-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm going to have my head ripped off, but I like Hoodoo.
Why do people not like it? :(

I LOVE Hoodoo.
It's crazy seeing how many songs are put down by Muse "fans."

What_the_Keck
04-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Why does everyone hate invincible so much? I personally love it and how could anyone hate that solo? Sure, it's nothing like most of their other songs but compared to any other song of the same genre it kicks ass! :p Only muse could make a shit genre enjoyable :LOL:

BTW worst muse song is pink ego box
worst album song is overdue

***stars***
04-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Oh, wow. Am I the only one who likes all of their songs? I think that all of the songs are pretty awesome, and I love them all. It seems that my favorites of their songs are the least favorites of others... heh heh By the way, Unintended is their absolute best song yet, and I have no idea why I seem to be one of the few people who like the song. My mom doesn't exactly like the song either, but, then again, she doesn't like any songs by Muse. She says that it sounds like they're dying... :$

ilovemuse.
04-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Pink Ego Box/Instant Messanger, Overdue and Exo-Politics are the only ones I have trouble listening to at the minute. Most of the weaker songs are actually good live, so they can't be all that bad.

Am I the only person who likes Soldier's Poem? :erm:

I love Soldier's Poem.

happypanda
04-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Oh, wow. Am I the only one who likes all of their songs? I think that all of the songs are pretty awesome, and I love them all. It seems that my favorites of their songs are the least favorites of others... heh heh By the way, Unintended is their absolute best song yet, and I have no idea why I seem to be one of the few people who like the song. My mom doesn't exactly like the song either, but, then again, she doesn't like any songs by Muse. She says that it sounds like they're dying... :$

yeah i like all of their songs, although i do have some of my lesser favourites.

haha my mum thinks matt's suffocating

Max
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
I still think that there is something hugely wrong if you like all of their songs. :facepalm: Muse have had more than a fair share of clangers.

Juuso
04-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Supermassive Black Hole is a hallow, shit song. Right there with Exo-Politics, Invincible and Feeling Good. Don't know which is the worst. Prolly Exo.

fififolle
04-06-2009, 10:21 AM
I hate Filip. Always have and always will. It's literally the only Muse song I don't like.

mrs_bellamy_
04-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I still think that there is something hugely wrong if you like all of their songs. :facepalm: Muse have had more than a fair share of clangers.

Yeah, I agree with you. Of course most of their songs are good in the end, but there are some that aren't so good.

That's the case with every band.

just.me
04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. Of course most of their songs are good in the end, but there are some that aren't so good.

That's the case with every band.

Originally Posted by Max
I still think that there is something hugely wrong if you like all of their songs. Muse have had more than a fair share of clangers.

I agree with both of you. You can't say "OOh that song is great cos Muse did it"
You should be objective cos there are a lot of Muse's songs that are not very good.:stunned:

BTW I love Invincible..that guitar riff..is just..amazing..:p

bellamy'szetagirl
04-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Why does everyone hate invincible so much? I personally love it and how could anyone hate that solo? Sure, it's nothing like most of their other songs but compared to any other song of the same genre it kicks ass! :p Only muse could make a shit genre enjoyable :LOL:

BTW worst muse song is pink ego box
worst album song is overdue

I agree with you 100%. :yesey:

Max
04-06-2009, 02:20 PM
The solo is just soooooooo tired, predictable and dull. 'Oh look, he's wanking on a fretboard!'

chawknz
04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I absolutely hate Pink Ego Box / Instant Messenger. It starts off so good and then just falls into a pit of cheese. The lyrics are the worst part about the song and I can't get past them.

Qúentin Räikkönen
04-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I absolutely hate Pink Ego Box / Instant Messenger. It starts off so good and then just falls into a pit of cheese. The lyrics are the worst part about the song and I can't get past them.

I like cheese. :supersad:

But yeah, I'm not too keen on Pink Ego Box, either.

khfreek
04-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I agree with both of you. You can't say "OOh that song is great cos Muse did it"
You should be objective cos there are a lot of Muse's songs that are not very good.:stunned:

I'm not just some ditzy person that loves everything Muse does, just because they're Muse. I genuinely would give every song they've ever written at least a 6 out of 10, that's how good at writing songs they are.

Except for Forced In <_<

Meep
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
That song is beyond bad :LOL:

*TC*
04-06-2009, 07:57 PM
cant believe some people don't like hyper music :|
I do only really have lesser favorites. I like basically the whole Absolution album except for Endlessly.
Starlight is one muse songs I will always dislike. Apparently (according to a friend) I just hate anything remotely mainstream and thats why I don't like starlight or supermassive black hole that much, maybe its because they are wank. Starlight is only good from 1:27 till 1:42 (and when it repeats that same bit later on).... I'd rather listen to a compilation of muse's worse songs than an album by coldplay/metallica/U2 anyday of the week mind.

rainingradioheads
04-06-2009, 08:37 PM

I enjoy the verses, but the main riff and chorus aren't good at all. Not catchy or very Muse-like. I just don't like it.

I don't have to like everything Muse does, do I? I never really have...even in my obsessive state.

Mrcookie
05-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I gotta say Interlude....

WORST CRAP they've EVER made! :mad:

;)

the_invincible_dude
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I like all Muse songs really, but Supermassive Black Hole gets annoying sometimes and I'm still not too sure about Screenager...
I should play it more :D

Obi
05-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I gotta say Interlude....

WORST CRAP they've EVER made! :mad:

;)

Nearly didn't notice the wink!

I love interlude ... as an interlude.

Tornado
05-06-2009, 06:52 PM
"The Gallery" is just bad.

Nah, that was a grower for me. I actually really like it. It's my favourite one for viewing funky photos on a slideshow, LOL.

My worst ones are 'Unintended' and 'A Soldier's Poem'. Too ... pretty? and AcK!

tails
05-06-2009, 07:27 PM
I've grown to like Unintended a little more...but yeah Soldier's Poem has always been really boring and just *yawn* for me

The Dying~Atheist
06-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Have to admit I'm amazed by some of the songs you guys dislike, Sing For Absolution (surely not):, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist (just an awesome song), just don't get that at all.
I see a lot of hate for Please, Please, Please by The Smiths, ok if you hate The Smiths your'e not going to like this song sung by anyone but being a Smiths fan I think Muse's version is an excellent cover.
Totally agree with those that dislike Pink Ego Box, it's a complete pile of shite but if you've heard the Muse cover of Frankie Valli's Can't Take My Eyes Off You (OMFG:$) then you have heard the worst Muse song ever, they must have been on shrooms the day they recorded that, truely fucking awful.:$:$

the_invincible_dude
06-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Have to admit I'm amazed by some of the songs you guys dislike, Sing For Absolution (surely not):, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist (just an awesome song), just don't get that at all.
I see a lot of hate for Please, Please, Please by The Smiths, ok if you hate The Smiths your'e not going to like this song sung by anyone but being a Smiths fan I think Muse's version is an excellent cover.
Totally agree with those that dislike Pink Ego Box, it's a complete pile of shite but if you've heard the Muse cover of Frankie Valli's Can't Take My Eyes Off You (OMFG:$) then you have heard the worst Muse song ever, they must have been on shrooms the day they recorded that, truely fucking awful.:$:$

:stunned:
Hmm... I like the Can't Take My Eyes Off You cover, but I agree about Pink Ego Box, it's not exactly the most popular song on here, eh? :LOL:

purpleast
06-06-2009, 09:23 AM

the acoustic version just makes me :vomit:

Static Shadows
06-06-2009, 10:39 AM
cant believe some people don't like hyper music :|
I've noticed that. It's a pretty recent thing that's come in with some of the new fans, mostly with those who think Starlight and Invincible are the best songs ever written. Seems to be a split roughly along the lines of:

Raw, riff-heavy, energetic, inventive rock muse VS cheesy, commercial, yawn-worthy ballad muse

Not that it's really that simple of course! SMBH & MOTP for instance are good enough to sit alongside the songs in OOS. 8 years later though and Hyper Music is still in my top 5 muse songs -it's one of those songs which for me define Muse. I just don't get bored of it. In fact it's easily one of my favourite songs of all time. :yesey:

Samuel
06-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Nearly didn't notice the wink!

I love interlude ... as an interlude.

He should've done the whole Adagio for Strings on his guitar, that would've sounded great.

Strawberry_Juice
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I LOVE Hoodoo.
I guess we're not fans if we have different opinions. But you clearly are, congratulations. :awesome:

futurophy
06-06-2009, 11:31 PM
time is running out... can't be dealin' with that chorus bit.. some of it's alright though..

ZOMG edit.. starlight! i forgot about starlight.. mostly because i avoid listening to it... NOT a fan of that one..

futurophy
06-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I LOVE Hoodoo.

:eek: people put down hoodoo?? that song is amazing..!

a-museing
07-06-2009, 12:06 AM

I used to absoulutely hate HooDoo but then I heard the live version of it and I fell in love.:happy:

Cataclysm
07-06-2009, 02:57 AM
Execution Commentary is the worst song in my opinion. I can't stand any of it.

ilovemuse.
07-06-2009, 04:48 AM
I guess we're not fans if we have different opinions. But you clearly are, congratulations. :awesome:

LOL, what?
I don't care; haha I know heaps of Muse fans have different opinions, and still are Muse fans. I was just thinking about all the other songs people are putting down. I just thought that they were songs everyone likes. Gargh, don't worry, this is too hard to explain. :LOL:

Black_Rose
07-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Rain.
Trust me.

ilovemuse.
07-06-2009, 04:56 AM

I reckon! In the top half of my Muse songs! :wtf:Hmmm.. Well there isn't exactly a bottom half anyway though. :happy: Every single Muse song is brilliant and I don't like this thread cos people are dissing my fave songs. Ahhh LOL, jokes. It's all good. (:

Counterpoint.
07-06-2009, 05:43 AM
I really don't like Fury. Its a bit too emo for me.... :) I quite like Exo-Politics, but Pink Ego Box is CRAP.

Wind Up Space
07-06-2009, 06:13 AM
I like Fury.

Endlessly, on the other hand...just...no.

happyfoxtimes
07-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Endlessly, on the other hand...just...no.

hahah yes yes yes i couldnt agree more......

my other choice would be hate this and i'll love you................really really cant see anything i like in there :rolleyes:

Citizen Erased
07-06-2009, 02:27 PM
There's no song that I hate, but there are songs I don't like as much as others. Or, should I say, that I don't listen to as much as others. Pink Ego Box is probably the one I listen to least.

Chenshall90
07-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Starlight.

Invincible is saved just because it's not too bad live.

Miro
07-06-2009, 03:13 PM
This Is a Muse Demo officially has the worst songs ever. Sling, Feed. fml. If the clips are so called "best bits" of the songs, i wonder how much they really suck. Don't know if these songs count as the "worst muse songs". Generally I like every song they've released, every one is unique in their own way. :)

Ogzzi
07-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Soldier's Poem is pretty meh... :erm:

HomoSapiens
07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I hate Nishe x.x

Infinitus
07-06-2009, 10:48 PM
1. You're a douche bag.
2. If you find one of Muse's songs bad, then you can piss off. Like seriously! You can't hear that every fucking song is catching!? Of course I got my favorites (btw, Unintended is one of them), but there's not a single song I don't like.

When I first got to "know" Muse was actually by playing Knights of Cydonia. And that's over a year ago, maybe more (not sure really). And since then I still listen to it. I never get tired of it as I do with any other artist's songs! I bought all of their albums, and listened to one album only for a couple of months 'till I switched to a new one. Each and every time I began to listen to a "new" (for me) album I got just as excited over every god damn song they have! Atm I listen to the Absolution DVD I got by my mother for Christmas.

Don't make me list up my favorite songs as there are to many. But by all means, if you insist then of course I will ;D
But you people who seriously come into their home page to this forum to complain of some of their songs can please do us all a favor and piss off.

(This is just so all of you who replied to my comment can remember what I said)

My opinions:
1. Can you find a worse place to make a tread about the worst Muse songs, than the official muse forum itself? I don't think so. No no-fan enter a band's forum to flame their songs. If someone do, then they are duche bags. And the guy I replied to is one of them. Am I immature? Alright then :D Boohoo, whine whine whine. I don't know if that's enough but I don't got more "immatureness" to come with.

2. Of course people can have their opinions. It's not that I always think that my opinions are right no matter what arguments people come with. But my opinion is: This is a fan-site, and this is a fan-forum. If you hate or dislike some of Muse's songs, then go somewhere else to whine about it! It's not that I'm the kind of fan with posters of Muse all over my room, sleeping in Muse-sheets and brushing my teeth with a Muse-toothbrush (or however it's spelled) and who would kill anyone who rise against them or would die for them etc. etc. But I'm the kind of fan who loves their music and who dislike people who post negative treads against the band on the fan-site forum!
And that leads to..

3. Yes, this is the appropriate place to write these comments and replies. I don't care if you hate Muse or if you are some sort of a fan who doesn't like one or several songs. But I do care that you share it on a FAN-FORUM! And that is why I comment and reply here to "share my feelings" just as you do.

I'm not waiting for any positive reply to this by anyone, since it's no secret that this tread is mainly for Muse flamers. I like their songs, I find them brilliant made of expertise. And if I happen to find a song in the future which I would "dislike" then I would just find another song to listen to! Instead of entering this forum just to share an opinion which NO ONE actually cares about! :happy:
'Cause seriously: "I don't like unintended, he sounds like a woman".
Do you really think that anyone actually cares if you post that comment for example?
I don't think so ;)

khfreek
07-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I didn't read all that, I just find it funny that you keep calling a thread a "tread" :LOL: Sounds the two year-old's pronunciation!

Infinitus
07-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I didn't read all that, I just find it funny that you keep calling a thread a "tread" :LOL: Sounds the two year-old's pronunciation!

And I find it weird that you actually make fun of people whose origin is not english :stunned:

Chenshall90
07-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Muse themselves probably dislike some of their older songs, perhaps that's why they don't post here?

khfreek
07-06-2009, 11:21 PM
And I find it weird that you actually make fun of people whose origin is not english :stunned:

You haven't been on the internet very long, have you?

Infinitus
07-06-2009, 11:29 PM
You haven't been on the internet very long, have you?

I've been on the internet long enough to understand that when people don't have any answer or reply to a comment, they usually find something else off-topic to comment/flame :LOL: But if I'm new to forums etc.? Yes:)

NEEDS_TWO_TICKETS!
08-06-2009, 12:05 AM
soldiers poem makes me fall asleep, so yes,

other than that everything else by muse is amazing. :D

Strawberry_Juice
08-06-2009, 01:34 AM

My opinions:
1. Can you find a worse place to make a tread about the worst Muse songs, than the official muse forum itself? I don't think so. No no-fan enter a band's forum to flame their songs. If someone do, then they are duche bags. And the guy I replied to is one of them. Am I immature? Alright then :D Boohoo, whine whine whine. I don't know if that's enough but I don't got more "immatureness" to come with.

2. Of course people can have their opinions. It's not that I always think that my opinions are right no matter what arguments people come with. But my opinion is: This is a fan-site, and this is a fan-forum. If you hate or dislike some of Muse's songs, then go somewhere else to whine about it! It's not that I'm the kind of fan with posters of Muse all over my room, sleeping in Muse-sheets and brushing my teeth with a Muse-toothbrush (or however it's spelled) and who would kill anyone who rise against them or would die for them etc. etc. But I'm the kind of fan who loves their music and who dislike people who post negative treads against the band on the fan-site forum!
And that leads to..

3. Yes, this is the appropriate place to write these comments and replies. I don't care if you hate Muse or if you are some sort of a fan who doesn't like one or several songs. But I do care that you share it on a FAN-FORUM! And that is why I comment and reply here to "share my feelings" just as you do.

I'm not waiting for any positive reply to this by anyone, since it's no secret that this tread is mainly for Muse flamers. I like their songs, I find them brilliant made of expertise. And if I happen to find a song in the future which I would "dislike" then I would just find another song to listen to! Instead of entering this forum just to share an opinion which NO ONE actually cares about! :happy:
Do you really think that anyone actually cares if you post that comment for example?
I don't think so ;)
It's not a "fan-forum." It's just a forum, set up by the band's management. Anyone can join, there's no rule against not liking all of their songs.

FYI, most of us here cite Muse as our favorite band. They're my absolute favorite band, and I am completely comfortable saying my favorite band has written shitty songs. Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

Static Shadows
08-06-2009, 01:47 AM

My opinions:

And that leads to..

I don't think so ;)

You really need to be a fan of a band to actually care enough to criticise one or two songs you dislike/don't like as much. As such it's just as much a thread about which elements of Muse you like best. For example, I love the edgier, rockier, riff heavy side of Muse most, so therefore don't like the more commercial soft rock songs like Starlight or Invincible as much. But that I care enough to criticise that aspect of Muse means i'm really affirming an even stronger love for songs like Dead Star, New Born, Hyper Music, Plug In Baby, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Citizen Erased etc etc.

If you dislike it I suggest you find another thread to read. ;)

rainingradioheads
08-06-2009, 02:10 AM
It's not a "fan-forum." It's just a forum, set up by the band's management. Anyone can join, there's no rule against not liking all of their songs.

FYI, most of us here cite Muse as our favorite band. They're my absolute favorite band, and I am completely comfortable saying my favorite band has written shitty songs. Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

I agree. Completely. Thank you. :happy:

Infinitus
08-06-2009, 08:35 AM
You really need to be a fan of a band to actually care enough to criticise one or two songs you dislike/don't like as much. As such it's just as much a thread about which elements of Muse you like best. For example, I love the edgier, rockier, riff heavy side of Muse most, so therefore don't like the more commercial soft rock songs like Starlight or Invincible as much. But that I care enough to criticise that aspect of Muse means i'm really affirming an even stronger love for songs like Dead Star, New Born, Hyper Music, Plug In Baby, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Citizen Erased etc etc.

If you dislike it I suggest you find another thread to read. ;)

I love to discuss because of how I might my change my opinion because of other people's arguments. Your arguments got an excellent point and I now agree with you. Although, there are people here who doesn't "criticize" the band's songs but who clearly 'hate' the mentioned songs.
But what I don't quite understand the point in criticizing a band whose songs are from the genres soft- to heavy rock, from rock to what some would call pop.
I would understand it if you talked about what you don't like 'about' a song, and then criticized it as you said. But I don't understand why people visit the Muse home page, find the forum, make themselves a user and then flame some of their songs calling them for "shit" or saying stuff like "I hate (for example) Unintended".

MarryJaneWaston
08-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Well I love them all.... but i would have to say : Instant messenger or Pink ego box.. ugh whatever lol

Ask
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I aboslutely love Unintended and TOADA. For me i think it would be Con-Science. A bit boring i think but still an alright song. I think Muse are one of those rare bands that hasn't made anything i really don't like. I think all of their songs are nice. :D

amne_siac
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
I aboslutely love Unintended and TOADA. For me i think it would be Con-Science. A bit boring i think but still an alright song. I think Muse are one of those rare bands that hasn't made anything i really don't like. I think all of their songs are nice. :D
I don't think there are any Muse songs that I actually don't like. Obviously I like sopme more than others but if I had to say worst then it would be something like Yes Please.

Obi
08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I love to discuss because of how I might my change my opinion because of other people's arguments. Your arguments got an excellent point and I now agree with you. Although, there are people here who doesn't "criticize" the band's songs but who clearly 'hate' the mentioned songs.
But what I don't quite understand the point in criticizing a band whose songs are from the genres soft- to heavy rock, from rock to what some would call pop.
I would understand it if you talked about what you don't like 'about' a song, and then criticized it as you said. But I don't understand why people visit the Muse home page, find the forum, make themselves a user and then flame some of their songs calling them for "shit" or saying stuff like "I hate (for example) Unintended".

Very few people do that though.

I love Muse. They are my absolutely favourite band. That doesn't mean I bum everything they do.

I despise a few of their songs and it's a good source of debate on a Muse forum. It's not like it means we automatically hate them.

sarayak
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I love unintended!
The worst hmmm would be 'soldiers poem' although its strange i dunno just strange i like it but dont if you get me
xx

Infinitus
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
:yesey:

infinitus, in your last post you make it out that people join the board just to damn and condemn their least favourite muse songs :LOL: people joined this board because they actually like muse, not to shit all over them. and such is our love for muse we're comfortable in saying where they've gone wrong and why we think that is.
i don't understand how you can accept people criticizing what they don't like about a song, but you don't understand how people can say a song is shit? same thing basically, no?
tbh, we're all entitled to our own opinions and if you don't like it, then all i can suggest is that you stay away from this thread! gosh :LOL:

"I would understand it if you talked about what you don't like 'about' a song, and then criticized it as you said." By criticizing something you find it's weaker points etc. To criticize and to hate are to different things.

Doesn't I have the exact same right to come with my opinions as you do? If I want to come forth with my opinions about this thread, that's my problem. If you can't stand the fact that I, myself, also got some opinions about all of this, then all you can do is to ignore me. Right?
Then all I can suggest is that you stay away from replying to this! Gosh :LOL:

ilovemuse.
09-06-2009, 05:03 AM
What does "tbh" mean?
I love all Muse songs; just thought I'd share that with everyone again. :happy:
Unintended is a beautiful song, I think. That was to all you people saying stuff about Unintended. CUTEEEEEEE filmclip! Ayeee, but think whatever ya want. :LOL:

rainingradioheads
09-06-2009, 05:04 AM
What does "tbh" mean?

To be honest.

It took me forever to remember that. :LOL:

VROTK
10-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Map of Your Head doesn't exactly float my boat.
Ruled by Secrecy is ammmaaaaaazing. :p
to those debating on the difference between hate and criticism...get over it.

Super Sammy!
10-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Overdue. :eek:

Clunge
10-06-2009, 08:19 AM
i doubt many people in this thread actually have an issue with their disliked muse song to the point that it is an all consuming thing that makes them want to stab kittens or something - so therefore, nowhere near the true definition of hate. :rolleyes:
Now that's where you're wrong - last time I heard Starlight, I murdered my parents, my grandparents and the local shopkeeper. God knows what will happen if I ever hear Feeling Good, Exo-Politics or Invincible again but I'd advise that you all lock your doors and board up your windows, pronto.

SisterMidnight
10-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Now that's where you're wrong - last time I heard Starlight, I murdered my parents, my grandparents and the local shopkeeper. God knows what will happen if I ever hear Feeling Good, Exo-Politics or Invincible again but I'd advise that you all lock your doors and board up your windows, pronto.

:LOL: I love you Mr. Clunge

Static Shadows
10-06-2009, 09:20 AM

:LOL:

It's funny cause it's true. *gets old school Ghetto blaster and starts wandering around various Cardiff uni halls blasting out Feeling Good* :happy:

Clunge
10-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Fortunately, I've already fled back to the west-country so your shenanigans will be ineffective :phu:

Static Shadows
10-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Fortunately, I've already fled back to the west-country so your shenanigans will be ineffective :phu:

*checks train fares to Taunton*

I'll Taunt you!

QueenOfNerds
10-06-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't really like Assassin :$
Well I say I don't like, but there aren't really any Muse songs I don't like, just ones that are close to my heart and ones that don't touch me as much.

Clunge
10-06-2009, 09:53 AM
*checks train fares to Taunton*

I'll Taunt you!
Oh you cad, you!

Chrissy_Erased
12-06-2009, 07:35 AM
my worst song isnt technically a muse song.. but its the song 'Who Knows Who" with mike skinner
the chorus to that is pretty sweet but the verses are fucking terrible :stunned:

musestu
12-06-2009, 09:57 AM
my worst song isnt technically a muse song.. But its the song 'who knows who" with mike skinner
the chorus to that is pretty sweet but the verses are fucking terrible :stunned:

never mention that incident again

Obi
12-06-2009, 10:12 AM
my worst song isnt technically a muse song.. but its the song 'Who Knows Who" with mike skinner

But it's the British answer to RATM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apparently.

Chrissy_Erased
12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
But it's the British answer to RATM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apparently.

lmao iv seen muse, streets and rage live
2 outta 3 are awsome live
guess which one lets the group down :LOL:

Lick My Face
13-06-2009, 07:00 PM
lmao iv seen muse, streets and rage live
2 outta 3 are awsome live
guess which one lets the group down :LOL:

...Muse?

OOOOOOOOOOOOH I WENT THERE! :LOL:

faceliftguide
16-06-2009, 06:39 AM
I don't think any song is good or bad because it depends upon the person which type of song, he like to listen....

ilovemuse.
29-06-2009, 03:55 PM

Meh.. I know I sound arrogant, and sound like I'm just saying I love it 'cause Muse did it. But that's fully not the case. I just find that in every single song there's always that part to secure the fact that it's a brilliant song. But I don't think people should be judged as not true Musers just 'cause they don't like some of their song

ilovemuse.
29-06-2009, 04:38 PM
To be honest.

It took me forever to remember that. :LOL:

:facepalm:Ohhhhhh...! Clearly, I sound like the biggest knob/moron!:LOL: Haha, cheers though, mate!

Soldier's Poem is awesome! Listen to the lyrics, people! Haha, argh - I think it's beautiful!:happy:

AlphaShadow
29-06-2009, 05:02 PM
i'm not a huge fan of thoughts of a dying atheist or hoodoo. but i must defend assassin (it's freakin awesome! one of my faves), endlessly (yes, it's slow but they have a million different styles and slow is one of them, plus listen to the lyrics) and TiRO. that's a freakin classic.

and i wasn't huge into invincible, but it's been growing on me.

Fillipa
29-06-2009, 07:59 PM
I just can't stand Micro Cuts. The melody and song as such is beautiful, but the singing is just.... whining. It's too much, I can't bear it.

Sorry Matt, I love you. :$

Strawberry_Juice
29-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I listened to BHAR today, and I have to post again how much I fucking hate Invincible.

When played live, it's arguably not as awful as it is on the album (and that again is something I love about Muse, there's definitely something better about them on stage than on an album). But it's still so crap compared to everything else they've done, it sticks out on that album like a sore thumb. It's pure filler to me, and nothing more.

Mobius
29-06-2009, 11:30 PM
I listened to BHAR today, and I have to post again how much I fucking hate Invincible.

When played live, it's arguably not as awful as it is on the album (and that again is something I love about Muse, there's definitely something better about them on stage than on an album). But it's still so crap compared to everything else they've done, it sticks out on that album like a sore thumb. It's pure filler to me, and nothing more.

I remember when they premiered that song on the radio. My dad thought it would be a hit and I was like wtf was that? Kicks some arse live though. Its redeeming feature.

As for worst song? Hmm. Tough call. It has been a long while since I have listened to any stuff so I cant really say.

WePuTtHeMdOwN
29-06-2009, 11:52 PM
'Worst' from each album;

Showbiz - Fillip
Origin of Symmetry - Feeling Good
Absolution - Endlessly
Black Holes & Revelations - Invincible

Worst is such a strong word though!

I would still give each of the above an occasional listen....occasionally!

Edit: and to answer the original question, I would have to sayyyy Fiilllllllllendlessly!

Yeah.

Endlessly.

redeemer
30-06-2009, 04:23 PM
for me the worst Muse song is Soldier's Poem.. It's so slow and so quiet tha becames boring...:mad:

WePuTtHeMdOwN
30-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Something i've just noticed...It's probably been brought up before though;

Showbiz
Origin of Symmetry
Absolution
Black Holes & Revelations

Son Of A Bitch.

Boris
10-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I've never really liked Fillip.
....so I guess that.

Strawberry_Juice
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
USoE has just tied with Invincible, in my humble opinion.

hyper_chondriac_muser
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
USoE has just tied with Invincible, in my humble opinion.

:stunned:

Oh well... wouldn't be a Muse forum if there weren't completely conflicting views about every single song. :LOL:

muselover6
10-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Something i've just noticed...It's probably been brought up before though;

Showbiz
Origin of Symmetry
Absolution
Black Holes & Revelations

Son Of A Bitch.

I never even noticed that until now! :LOL:
Worst song?? Probably Megalomania or Soldier's Poem. Maybe Screenager?? Or Pink Ego Box. Possibly Agitated...AH! I starting to sound like such a Muse hater! :$ I'm not though! :p So worst song would probably be Megalomania.

Novus Dies
10-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Megalomania.

*makes popcorn*

flanger20002003
11-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Megalomania? Nah not their worst song, wouldn't call it my favourite, but it's got that epic organ intro in the chorus, still blows me away when I hear it! ;)

Really not too keen on Soldier's Poem...I'd say my least favourite is probably Dark Shines, or maybe the album version of Screenager (live version is MUCH better).

Also, what's with the Sing for Absolution bashing in the earlier part of this thread?! Matt's vocals at their absolute zenith IMO!

bagelsftw
11-08-2009, 12:13 AM
'Worst' from each album;

Showbiz - Fillip
Absolution - Endlessly

Worst is such a strong word though!

I would still give each of the above an occasional listen....occasionally!

Edit: and to answer the original question, I would have to sayyyy Fiilllllllllendlessly!

Yeah.

Endlessly.

NOOO!!! Not Fillip. I luff Fillip! :happy:

Mozza
11-08-2009, 08:37 AM
About 50% of Showbiz
A lot of the B-sides
Falling Away With You
Thoughts of a Dying Aethiest
Soldiers Poem
Invincible
Exo-Politics

It varies between those

Mr Cheese
11-08-2009, 09:11 AM
'Worst' from each album;

Showbiz - Fillip

Whaattt??? Fillip is one of faves off Showbiz. :eek:

PlugInBaby9
11-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I don't really think there is a bad Muse song, but if I had to pick one I would say Intro :p

Danny.
11-08-2009, 12:28 PM
'Worst' from each album;

Showbiz - Fillip
Absolution - Endlessly

Pretty much the same as me, apart from Fillip, i'd pick Overdue instead. :)

markoos
11-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Pretty much the same as me, apart from Fillip, i'd pick Overdue instead. :)
fillip

graciegirl
11-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Is there such a thing as a "worst" Muse song? Sorry, maybe my utter fanaticism has blinded me here but I don't think they've ever made a bad song. There are one or two songs I will skip over occasionally such as Exo-Politics or Filip but then I come back to them and after a few more listens really love them.

Do you somehow feel disloyal if you think one or more of their songs is really bad???

chawknz
11-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Is there such a thing as a "worst" Muse song? Sorry, maybe my utter fanaticism has blinded me here but I don't think they've ever made a bad song. There are one or two songs I will skip over occasionally such as Exo-Politics or Filip but then I come back to them and after a few more listens really love them.

Do you somehow feel disloyal if you think one or more of their songs is really bad???

No, I don't feel disloyal. No band has ever recorded 100% perfect awesome songs. Even the best of the bands in history have released bombs. Muse is no exception.

There are plenty of songs by Muse that I skip over when it comes on. Most of them are B-Sides, but notable album songs that I skip would include Hate This & I'll Love You, Hyper Music, Blackout (but I don't think it's a bad song), and actually I like every song on BH&R. :)

It happens.

Edguy
11-08-2009, 02:33 PM
There are plenty of songs by Muse that I skip over when it comes on. Most of them are B-Sides, but notable album songs that I skip would include Hate This & I'll Love You, Hyper Music, Blackout (but I don't think it's a bad song), and actually I like every song on BH&R. :)

It happens.

Hyper Music is my all time fav:(

Worst muse song ever for me must be one of the older b-sides witch i have never really payed much attention to

chawknz
11-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Hyper Music is my all time fav:(

Worst muse song ever for me must be one of the older b-sides witch i have never really payed much attention to

Just goes to show that everyone is going to have a different feeling about a song and music effects everyone differently. I don't dog anyone for liking something I don't because I am sure there's plenty of things I love that others don't! :D

Lick My Face
11-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Every band has shit songs. Even Muse.

I'm SO DISLOYALZ.

:rolleyes:

rainingradioheads
11-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Hyper Music is bad. Really bad. Hyper Chondriac Music is good. Amazing, in fact.

Why does everyone say it's the other way around?

Edguy
11-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Hit or shit:happy:

Fillip is pretty bad, i think

Kuje
11-08-2009, 03:25 PM
^^ Because their opinion is different than yours?

I hate Host. It's horrible. PEB is far better.

Edguy
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Hyper Music is bad. Really bad. Hyper Chondriac Music is good. Amazing, in fact.

:supersad: i love both

Lick My Face
11-08-2009, 03:31 PM

I like HCM, but as a Bassist, I'm obliged to like Hyper Music even more, if for nothing else, for THAT Bass. :happy:

f96pt
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Soldier's Poem

Novus Dies
11-08-2009, 05:06 PM
'Resistance'

Worst. Title. Track. Evur.

futurophy
11-08-2009, 05:57 PM
um, probably.. well, city of delusion keeps coming to mind, but then theres days where i kinda like it..

Shelby
11-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Execution Commentary - I'm sure it has cult status amongst Muse fans but seriously, its the only Muse song I CANNOT listen to :noey:

Qúentin Räikkönen
11-08-2009, 07:06 PM
'Resistance'

Worst. Title. Track. Evur.

Could you tell me more about this song you seem to have already heard? :rolleyes:

futurophy
11-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Execution Commentary - I'm sure it has cult status amongst Muse fans but seriously, its the only Muse song I CANNOT listen to :noey:

:LOL: execution commentary is crazy
theres live performances of it on youtube.. or there used to be.. wasnt crazy so much as aawesome live :D

jlovesmuse
12-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Definitely Soldier's Poem. It's the only song I always skip on any Muse album.

bbrockchrs
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Its crazy that all the different kinds of MUSE songs, means fans that like different types of music. After reading here I weird that a lot of peoples Epic/Favorite songs are other peoples trash song that they never listen to. Some of the choices that people say they dislike the most is very surprising. Half the songs on my top 10 list is brought up on this thread.

Lick My Face
12-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Its crazy that all the different kinds of MUSE songs, means fans that like different types of music. After reading here I weird that a lot of peoples Epic/Favorite songs are other peoples trash song that they never listen to. Some of the choices that people say they dislike the most is very surprising. Half the songs on my top 10 list is brought up on this thread.

Not really. It's the nature of differing tastes. ;)

Scrub
12-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Am I the only one who actually likes Soldier's Poem??? :rolleyes:

Anxyous
12-08-2009, 08:30 PM
NOOO!!! Not Fillip. I luff Fillip! :happy:

May I put that in my sig? :happy:

Lick My Face
12-08-2009, 09:03 PM

I don't skip it (then again, I NEVER skip tracks on an album), and I like to sing along to it. But, I wouldn't say I like it that much.

Mistress
12-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I can't listen to Endlessly at all, gah.
Oh, and you're all probz gonna hate me for this, but I can never listen to Blackout
>_<

KAM3L
13-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I like every single Muse song ever. I can't help it. I LOVE THEM ALL! Some songs I'm not in the mood for, like I might be listening to Stockholm, TIRO, Assassin, and then Unintended pops on and I'm like = :stunned:
The skip button on my iPod is over used I could say, but my mood and preferences change every few seconds :LOL:

I would have to say though, reading some peoples most hated Muse songs I was almost offended... :$
Especially when people describe why! :mad:

Bagark
13-08-2009, 09:46 AM

I love Soldier's Poem. :) Was great at Wembley.

My only critcism is that it reminds me of REM's 'Everybody Hurt's' which is shocking.

Strawberry_Juice
16-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Nah, it's grown on me. On the album it's okay, but I think it really works well live.
Nope. I just feel bad for the people who think they have to like everything.

If you like everything, then whoopdeedoo. But that's just as much a personal thing as not being a fan of some songs.

Wingardium LevioSIA
16-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Nah, I've always liked it. :)

Oh, and you're all probz gonna hate me for this, but I can never listen to Blackout
>_<
The only reason I ever feel like that is cos I'm worried it'll upset me (how manly of me :rolleyes:). Besides that, let's agree to COMPLETELY DISAGREE.

glucose
16-08-2009, 12:31 PM
For me: Sing for absolution, blackout, the small print, united states of eurasia

perydwyn
16-08-2009, 01:46 PM
What a controversial thread lol.

Okay, I really love Muse. I dont know if they are my favourite band, but they are probably the band I listen to the most (Probably because they manage to convey a wide range of emotion in their music, and thus fit whatever state of mind I am in).

There are actually only a few Muse tracks which I dont like very much.

*'SMBH' still hasnt grown on me, despite many listens.
*I dont like the studio recording of 'Invincible', but live it is amazing.
*A lot of Showbiz, while still good in comparison to most bands, is eclipsed by Muse's later work.
* And 'Darkshines' never really did anything for me...not sure why.

I really love all of the B sides, and think that in many ways, they are some examples of Muse at their very best. ('Glorious' is probably my all time favourite track, along with 'Microcuts').

khfreek
16-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I change my vote from Forced In to Uprising.

Obi
16-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I change my vote from Forced In to Uprising.

:noey:

Both good songs. Even my Mum likes Uprising. :LOL:

khfreek
16-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Even my Mum likes Uprising. :LOL:

Point proven.

Weeman5872
16-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I love Soldier's Poem. :) Was great at Wembley.

My only critcism is that it reminds me of REM's 'Everybody Hurt's' which is shocking.

Maybe cos it starts with the same chord arpeggio pattern? :p

Still, I like soldier's poem :D

Clavman
16-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Does anybody like "Execution Commentary"?
Well, I don't!

Boomerangutang
16-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Invincible is a load of plodding barf! Have deleted it from mental Muse Discography.
Was a bit worried at simiilar 'we shall overcome' theme to Uprising, but Uprising's wedged happily in my brane now, like it.

dmBanana
17-08-2009, 12:29 AM
if we look at everything muse has ever put out, then uprising easily takes my vote. but if you ignore uprising and USoE it would have to be please please please let me get what i want.
sing for absolution would be my least favorite song if i didn't hear an acoustic version once that gave me shivers.

lucidity
17-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Point proven.

Yeah - that Muse create music accessible by people of a wide range of ages.

Forced In & Uprising are both great songs IMO.

khfreek
17-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Yeah - that Muse create music accessible by people of a wide range of ages.

So do Nickelback. Guess that's not really a compliment, eh?

Furygirl
17-08-2009, 01:59 AM
um, probably.. well, city of delusion keeps coming to mind, but then theres days where i kinda like it..

:eek: Love that song! But everyone's entitled to their opinion. :happy:

I'd have to say Exec. Commentary, Pink Ego Box, Invincible and TOADA. Sorry, but the whiny bit in TOADA after the chorus makes me wanna chuck the whole song, even though the rest of it's good.

Just my opinion. :ninja:

I, Prada Shoes
17-08-2009, 03:34 AM
IMO Sing for Absolution. Fuckin' circus music.

Undead Warfare
17-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Everyone who posted a song that they hate deserves to die by Matthew bludgeoning them with his guitar. All of Muse songs are deliciously orgasmic..........ok well let Matthew rain his sexy guitar ipon my head because I really don't like Who Knows Who. BUT I'm sure the Streets had something to do with that utter shite.

Scrub
17-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't think there is a Muse song that i don't like. Now there were some that took a while to grow on me. Mostly the 'over the top' songs like Micro Cuts, Supermassive Black Hole, and Knights of Cydonia, but now I LOVE them all. :D

Strawberry_Juice
18-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Everyone who posted a song that they hate deserves to die by Matthew bludgeoning them with his guitar. All of Muse songs are deliciously orgasmic..........ok well let Matthew rain his sexy guitar ipon my head because I really don't like Who Knows Who. BUT I'm sure the Streets had something to do with that utter shite.
I like Who Knows Who.
It's so bad that it's good. :awesome:

rainingradioheads
18-08-2009, 04:55 AM
Everyone who posted a song that they hate deserves to die by Matthew bludgeoning them with his guitar.

Wow, that's ridiculous.

Victoroy
18-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Track 3 from The Resistance -_- what is it? Undisclosed Desires?

Raiko
18-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Yup, I expect Undisclosed Desires to appear here a lot over the coming months.

MattXXI
18-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Yup, I expect Undisclosed Desires to appear here a lot over the coming months.

I actually think Resistance/Guiding Light/I Belong To You....especially the last since it sounds so much like Maroon 5 to everyone.

rainingradioheads
18-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Resistance/I Belong To You

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nope, haven't heard the whole things, but what I have heard...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

invader-sim
18-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Uprising - I love the song, but I hate it

Because every time i hear it i can't help but wonder if Matt heard the song Atlas by Battles, and decided to copy it a bit, i know he probably didn't but it's so similar it's annoying, especially when the guitar comes in, ahhh

joffoir
18-08-2009, 05:40 PM
For me, I've never really liked Invincible and Feeling Good isn't quite there. Otherwise I love them all and the only reason I don't like some of them as much as I used to is because I have played them or they have been played live to death (e.g. Hysteria, TIRO).

joffoir
18-08-2009, 05:44 PM
so im hoping they'll go Kid A on or ass. es.

A Stephen Malkmus fan speaks....maybe?

muselover6
18-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Resistance/I Belong To You

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nope, haven't heard the whole things, but what I have heard...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:( Sadly I feel the same way. I was hoping I'd love the first 30 sec of each song, with minor exceptions, but I really really don't like those songs. Especially Resistance and Undisclosed Desires. :$ Hopefully I'll like them more when I listen to them in full. :)

Beata
18-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Worst Muse song ever? hmm... It doesn't exist ;):D

LTmusefan
18-08-2009, 10:13 PM
You all are all wrong.....it is FORCED IN!!

if i had to pick one tho, but i agree with the above poster

NeonBomb
18-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Pink Ego Box/In Your World

Citizen Erased
18-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Pink Ego Box pretty much. It's the only Muse song that I don't enjoy listening to. Apart from that, they're all listenable :)

kosmicblues
19-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Two of the best!! In fact I am at a loss to find a song that is just OK.Endlessly and Blackout.

Maus
19-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Supermassive Black Hole. I don't like R n' B. I hate the lyrics I hate the clip. Although I have to say I got into muse a few years ago after listening to this shit. I had heard Plug in Baby and Bliss already in 2001 but never bothered to really buy the whole cd (which was very stupid of me, I know).

Then, in 2006, came that utter shit track named SMBH and I thought by myself: "Hey, didn't they release some good songs years ago?" And then I went on to listen to the OoS, Absolution and Showbiz before moving on to BH & R.

But I think the next track I will love to hate will be Undisclosed Desires... Based on 30 seconds you can't tell a lot, but the whole vibe, the rhythm that songs gives off... <shudders> . I don't like it at all....

Lausi
19-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I really don't like Starlight which is a pity 'cause it's one of the very few songs they play on the radio here in Germany...

MagikMonkey
19-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I actually think Resistance/Guiding Light/I Belong To You....especially the last since it sounds so much like Maroon 5 to everyone.

Bingo.

Riveon
19-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Blasphemy :mad:

dotto
20-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Hoodoo doesn't do anything for me. Nor does Screenager.

Micro Cuts can be too screamy and a little bland sometimes but it's grown on me a little bit.

Endlessly used to be on this list but somehow now I love it.

khfreek
20-08-2009, 02:04 AM

Nice choice :D Though it does grow on you, eventually.

rainingradioheads
20-08-2009, 02:14 AM

You're wrong because you said we're all wrong.

Alain90
20-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Either Endlessly or Pink Ego Box

Wingardium LevioSIA
20-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Either Endlessly or Pink Ego Box

I like both those songs... I know Pink Ego Box gets a lot of slating (I must say, the original title of Instant Messenger was better), but I think it's good. The lyrics are interesting, the music is pretty cool, and altogether I feel it would've fitted in well on Showbiz.

Nazeradom
20-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't think I hate any of the songs. What I enjoy depends on my mood at the time, sometimes I want something heavy, other times I want something slow.

Priad-Luabe
20-08-2009, 02:10 PM
3 words...
who knows who
end of

Hopix
20-08-2009, 03:04 PM
3 words...
who knows who
end of

This.

Tjet
20-08-2009, 07:16 PM
So do Nickelback. Guess that's not really a compliment, eh?
So, music that the bigger audience likes equals bad music, and therefore Muse should create music that only a few people like?

khfreek
20-08-2009, 10:06 PM
So, music that the bigger audience likes equals bad music, and therefore Muse should create music that only a few people like?

No. I never said being eclectic or accesible were good or bad things. They are just things.

Apparently he thought that I disliked Uprising because it was accessible, but that's not it; I dislike it because it sounds as if it was specifically written to be accessible, which would make Muse into sell-outs and not true artists.

melon
20-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Undisclosed Desires. Can't stand it. It's the only Muse song that makes me cringe.

I don't care that it's only 30 seconds, they could randomly throw in the Plug In Baby riff and I would still hate it :(

melon
20-08-2009, 10:15 PM
3 words...
who knows who
end of

hmm actually this.

Novus Dies
20-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Fuck you Endlessly haters.

Personally I think it's Filip

KAM3L
21-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Something off the Resistance, don't care thats its 30 seconds....

Ωrpheus
21-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I know a lot of people are going to dis undisclosed desires here by tagging it as "Urban" or "Contemporary".

To be honest i knew that would happen the second i heard it, but i love it. Especially due to the layered harmonies in the chorus.

As for a bad song... i don't really think muse did a dreadful song, although their really early stuff doesn't sound particularly well produced, and i never really like fillip that much.

melon
21-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Fuck you Endlessly haters.

Personally I think it's Filip

Who Knows Who is 10X worse I think. But I have to be in the mood to listen to Filip :LOL: like, if I want to feel like I'm on LSD :chuckle:

Wingardium LevioSIA
21-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm really not keen on Starlight. It is okay, but nothing more. It's too repetitive, and there's nothing to keep me interested. It's quite boring really.

If it wasn't a Muse song, it could be Coldplay's best song. :p

Clunge
21-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I've always thought Starlight sounds like a Coldplay b-side :LOL:.

fantasy
21-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm really not keen on Starlight. It is okay, but nothing more. It's too repetitive, and there's nothing to keep me interested. It's quite boring really.

If it wasn't a Muse song, it could be Coldplay's best song. :p

from all the singles, i like Uprising the least. I find both music and lyrics not very engaging.

melon
21-08-2009, 05:56 PM

from all the singles, i like Uprising the least. I find both music and lyrics not very engaging.

nahh i'm sure it'll grow on you........have you watched the making of? i had to watch that before i really LOVED it. at first i was like "wtf is this?" but now i enjoy listening to it (as well as the images of dom jumping around while matt shakes his booty :chuckle:)

also the line "watch our flag ascend" sounds really cool to me, idk why :LOL:

:D

mazzamoush
21-08-2009, 08:14 PM
If I think about it, the only song I don't like that much is Sing for Absolution... and then I listen to it and I still don't like the music much, but the lyrics are really haunting...
I guess I cant knock any muse songs!
:musesign:

And although I don't think it is very Muse-y I still like their cover of "Can't take my eyes off you", and I love how they replaced the slow strings with awesome guitar!!! :D:LOL:

rainingradioheads
21-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I've always thought Starlight sounds like a Coldplay b-side :LOL:.

You're right. :LOL:

Hlkkat
25-08-2009, 12:00 AM
um well, i think the worst is Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want, simply can't listen to it

TheYellowDart
25-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Damn.
I love Sing for Absolution.

I don't really like Supermassive Black Hole anymore.
Honestly, I think Twilight kinda ruined it for me...

SlaveToTheGrave
25-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Come on now kids, we all know 'Soldier's Poem" is the correct answer.

cbankord
25-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Starlight, because that's all the radio plays.

SlaveToTheGrave
26-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Starlight, because that's all the radio plays.

I can actually remember listening to Radio 1 back in the day and them opening up a competition where the first person who text in a song would have it played on air. Somebody had text in 'Newborn', I think, any way to cut a long story short they didn't have 'Newborn' and instead they played 'Feeling Good'.

Erm. No 'Newborn' on a recognised radio station? That's like a glamour model without the big fake blouse bunnies... no can do amigo!

JennaFoxLives
26-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Guiding Light.

Asdfaeou
26-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Spiral Static or Ashamed. Probably more "Ashamed" because I've been aware of it longer.

MattXXI
26-08-2009, 05:17 AM
I don't really think I can choose a worst song by them but I guess the one that would be my least favorite is Endlessly. I have to be in the right mood to enjoy it.

Hopix
26-08-2009, 08:25 PM

I personally think the Uprising lyrics are genius and am surprised there is not more appreciation for them.

Rain, there's a terrible song.

House
28-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Hmmm... counting B-sides it would have to be Con-science.

Only counting albums, I don't know, but my bottom tier would include Starlight, SMBH, and Sing for Absolution. Oh and Forced In.

I.Wanna.Be.Mrs.Bellamy
28-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Hmmm... counting B-sides it would have to be Con-science.

Only counting albums, I don't know, but my bottom tier would include Starlight, SMBH, and Sing for Absolution. Oh and Forced In.

Forced In is awesome.
Especially the extended version.

I don't really hate any songs
But SMBH is getting on my nerves [Thank you Twilight fags]

futurellama
28-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Sober, overdue and falling away with you.

FirstSoloFlight
28-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I tell you, some of you here don't know good music when you hear it. You think the worst is Time Is Running Out or Sing for Absolution? Please, get a life and go back to listening to Timbaland... or maybe Celine Dion is more your style... fucking wankers.

Muse's worst song is a toss up between Coma and the Hidden Starlight DVD Track.

Coma is pop-shite, and the DVD track is just noise. :stunned:

milann89
29-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Can't really settle for the worst song at the moment, but Unintended? Please, the songs has absolutely beatiful lyrics. It's, it's... one of my favourite Muse songs. And Endlessly... Love. Why bash songs that deal with emotions and the state of being? Muse fans are really, really difficult to deal with. One side hates the emotional lyrics, the other side hates the conspiracy lyrics.

If I had to chose the LP songs I don't like... Screenager, Hoodoo and... that's it for now.

House
29-08-2009, 04:50 AM
I tell you, some of you here don't know good music when you hear it. You think the worst is Time Is Running Out or Sing for Absolution? Please, get a life and go back to listening to Timbaland... or maybe Celine Dion is more your style... fucking wankers.

Muse's worst song is a toss up between Coma and the Hidden Starlight DVD Track.

Coma is pop-shite, and the DVD track is just noise. :stunned:

Very mature of you.

caitlin_f
29-08-2009, 05:14 AM
i dont know, they dont really have a "worse" song i dont think, just ones that arent as exeptionally fabulous as the others.

however, blackout doesnt really do much for me and i find that alot of the less popular EP's are really boring. not all of then, just some.

oh yeah, and i really really dont like pink ego box. i mean "pink ego box", what were they thinking? :facepalm:

Dana R.
29-08-2009, 06:06 AM
jimmy kane
the only muse song i hate :D

danawn
29-08-2009, 07:10 AM
united really disappointed me,it sound like queen and another Israeli bend.....
but the lyrics are grate!!!

IglooBird
30-08-2009, 09:20 AM
I'd say Interlude, it's rather dull in my opinion.

SaveTheHostages!
30-08-2009, 12:38 PM
from their main 4 albums, endlessly

I haven't listened to enough B-Sides to D-side

youlightupmydarkestskies
30-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Who Knows Who is 10X worse I think. But I have to be in the mood to listen to Filip :LOL: like, if I want to feel like I'm on LSD :chuckle:

who knows who is hilarious cause its so bad. :LOL:

losco
30-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Guiding Light.

Agree

Psyche
30-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Come on now kids, we all know 'Soldier's Poem" is the correct answer.
aww i think soldiers poems simply beautiful
... maybe i should stop reading this thread, im always disagreeing!

Guiding Light.

:facepalm: how about you wait until you actually hear it, okay?

SlaveToTheGrave
30-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I'd say Interlude, it's rather dull in my opinion.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/19/128872352597864232.jpg

Psyche, it is a good song, but the worst Muse song. There's an element of 'Christmas' to it that doesn't sit well with me.

dead0citizen
30-08-2009, 02:28 PM
i think the worst muse song is spiral static. its horrible.

kireinacho
30-08-2009, 03:56 PM
i think the worst muse song is spiral static. its horrible.

I love Spiral Static !! x) well just like it...

hummm the worst... there so much... just kidding !!! Maybe Soldier's Poem, I don't really like it, but that doesn't mean that it's the worst =)

QueenOfNerds
30-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Uprising or United states of Eurasia.

Saluhmi
30-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Opinion is like an asshole, everyone has one,right?

From Absolution I´d say The small print and Thoughts of a dying atheist , they feel like fillers for the album.. Nothing unique about them.

At first I didn´t like microcuts, but after a load of listening and a little lyrical help I found it on of the best in the album. OoS and B&R rules! :D

I´m still missing Showbiz, so I´ll write my analysis about it when I get there...

boomeraangsquad
30-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Definitely Overdue, Supermassive Black Hole, Invincible, Thoughts Of A Dying Athiest, Sober, and Uno.

Raiko
30-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Agitated is just an excuse for noise. There's nothing remotely good about it, other than loud noises work up a crowd I guess. The same goes for Yes Please, Ashamed and Execution Commentary. These are all my least favourite Muse songs.

Pink Ego Box/Instant Messenger and Jimmy Kane are next up, although I actually like the chorus of the former. Coma is pretty boring. Escape and Overdue are both missed opportunities as they sound so good in places. The Small Print and Thoughts of a Dying Athiest ruin an otherwise spectacular album.

Boyond that, I pretty much like everything else i've heard from Muse. Perhaps I should give Fillip and Sober a mention. They're nothing amazing either lol.

Momkyz
31-08-2009, 02:33 AM
I guess Cave, really boried

anasus
31-08-2009, 04:42 AM
I say it's "Unintended." I really really don't like that song. And I don't care that it was a single either.

So... What do you think is the worst Muse song ever?

I honestly think that the worst song is JIMMY KANE and believe me that i heard that song many times trying to find something that could make me love it

Grim Oswald
31-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Only taking into account their album stuff...well, most of Showbiz is obviously not as good as their later albums, but I'd have to say Blackout takes the cake. My hand is a blur reaching for the skip button. Unless I'm listening to the whole album, and even then I have to use all my willpower to resist. :facepalm:

SlaveToTheGrave
01-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Only taking into account their album stuff...well, most of Showbiz is obviously not as good as their later albums, but I'd have to say Blackout takes the cake. My hand is a blur reaching for the skip button. Unless I'm listening to the whole album, and even then I have to use all my willpower to resist. :facepalm:

Even the live editions with pretty ladies swinging from giant balloons?;)

Popelady
01-09-2009, 03:17 AM
i really dont like hoodoo

CarpetBomber
01-09-2009, 12:24 PM

Blackout is brilliant! One of Matts best live, in my opinion.

But that's just it - these are just our opinions and I think it proves just how accesible Muse are to most people and their tastes.

Now I'm here I may as well throw mine on the table and say Soldiers Poem. I'm not saying it's a bad song but I do find myself skipping it 99 times out of 100 for some reason.

caitlin_f
01-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Blackout is brilliant! One of Matts best live, in my opinion.

But that's just it - these are just our opinions and I think it proves just how accesible Muse are to most people and their tastes.

Now I'm here I may as well throw mine on the table and say Soldiers Poem. I'm not saying it's a bad song but I do find myself skipping it 99 times out of 100 for some reason.

exactly, we're never going to reach a unanimous conclusion so lets just say muse are just awesome on average

:)

museroomsyndrome333
31-01-2010, 01:54 PM
i really dont like hoodoo

geez...:indiff:

Smit
31-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Guided light, shocking song. Skip it every time i hear it coming up.

Rhinestone Eyes
31-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Pink ego box.

friggin instant messages.....

Kirby
31-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I can't stand to listen to Guiding Light.
I'm not all that crazy about Screenager either (but it's growing on me)...

ryno1116
01-02-2010, 12:54 AM
I can't stand to listen to Guiding Light.

yeah it's just....boring

beatlesmaniac98
01-02-2010, 01:13 AM
megalomania

L.
01-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm not all that crazy about Screenager either (but it's growing on me)...

Listen to the live 2002 Montreux version - best Screenager imo.

MuseMexico
01-02-2010, 01:36 AM
xecution Commentary takes the cake for me...

IDK whats wrong with all of you but I really, really love Muse's calm songs, they are so warm and soothing. Also I have a soft spot for love songs (I think all Mexicans have one) so one of my favourites are Invincible, Unintended and Glorious.

Honestly, I think is a band made for my Music tastes, since it Mixes Classical, Classic Rock and Amazing Guitar Riffs with some Electronica and Acoustic Guitar... =D

fadeddusk
01-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Umm..I luv them all......

fadeddusk
01-02-2010, 01:54 AM
xecution Commentary takes the cake for me...

IDK whats wrong with all of you but I really, really love Muse's calm songs, they are so warm and soothing. Also I have a soft spot for love songs (I think all Mexicans have one) so one of my favourites are Invincible, Unintended and Glorious.

Honestly, I think is a band made for my Music tastes, since it Mixes Classical, Classic Rock and Amazing Guitar Riffs with some Electronica and Acoustic Guitar... =D

I actually really like Execution Commentary

RadioMuseHead
01-02-2010, 04:25 AM
Soldier's Poem, just interlude music really, muse should of extended it

AmyW
01-02-2010, 04:37 AM
It has to be Guiding Light for me...
A bit whiney and trying too hard to be stadium rock... :(

Me Rug I Sty
01-02-2010, 04:40 AM
this.

It was one of the first Muse songs I heard, but I thought it WAS an intro, interlude or extilude.

Hammertym3
01-02-2010, 04:54 AM
megalomania

wat

Bestbandever
01-02-2010, 05:27 AM
pink ego box. just bleh

musechicago
01-02-2010, 05:34 AM

First time I heard it I hated it... It's grown on me though :)
My least favorite is Guiding Light, but I still like it though... I don't think I really dislike any muse songs