PDA

View Full Version : Worst Muse song ever?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

LyraSilvertongue
08-06-2011, 05:22 PM
NSC is worst but I also think SMBH could be it....The first time I heard it I liked it, but in comparison to to others...

All those crappy b-sides to choose from and you say SMBH is the worst? Seriously?

LyraSilvertongue
08-06-2011, 05:23 PM
maybe the worst song it`s
supper massive
but the first time you heard it xD

Is this a song about a large meal?
;)

I believe you mean Supermassive Black Hole.

drawakangaroo
08-06-2011, 05:38 PM
NSC is worst but I also think SMBH could be it....The first time I heard it I liked it, but in comparison to to others...

Hell no. It's a great song.

RayFan9876
08-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure why so many people think SMBH and NSC are bad. Is it because they're popular? SMBH is fun, awesome and pretty trippy, NSC is bold and sweet.

At the moment for me, I've never really liked Uno.

WutDaFucksy
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM
No, NSC is shite because it's so so cheesy, so soft and dull.

Oh and some people hate it because of Twilight but I couldn't care less, it's just boring.

LyraSilvertongue
08-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Hating a song because of a film it was in is just plain stupid.

Dominic.
08-06-2011, 08:38 PM
I swear I wrote a reply to this earlier

Supermassive is one of Muse's best. Sounds absolutely massive live, has this fat groove and a huge sound that gets everyone moving, plus the solo often provides the most variety you'll ever see with Muse now (even if he does stick to the kaoss mostly)

NSC...first chorus alright, first chorus good, second verse is fucking dreadful, second chorus alright, solo isn't great and sounds half arsed, final chorus good, outro great

The lyrics and vocals of NSC let it down

Ryoma-kun
08-06-2011, 08:59 PM

Supermassive is one of Muse's best. Sounds absolutely massive live, has this fat groove and a huge sound that gets everyone moving, plus the solo often provides the most variety you'll ever see with Muse now (even if he does stick to the kaoss mostly)

NSC...first chorus alright, first chorus good, second verse is fucking dreadful, second chorus alright, solo isn't great and sounds half arsed, final chorus good, outro great

The vocals are what makes NSC a pretty decent song for me atleast.

menstherapy
08-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Unintended for me. :)

LyraSilvertongue
08-06-2011, 09:57 PM

Plus the fact that it sounds like it should be in musical theatre.

PlugInFuckingBaby
08-06-2011, 10:08 PM
All those crappy b-sides to choose from and you say SMBH is the worst? Seriously?
no, it's NSC. but SMBH is up there. I can't stand the poppiness of it.
I'm not sure why so many people think SMBH and NSC are bad. Is it because they're popular? SMBH is fun, awesome and pretty trippy, NSC is bold and sweet.
At the moment for me, I've never really liked Uno.
I don't like NSC because of the lyrics. "our love will be fowever!! we'll die, die together...OUR LOVE WILL BE FOWEVER" x1,000,000 even so, "like snowflakes in an ocean"
i like SMBH, it just gets old fast. I cant explain why I dont like it! I just dont! :p and it has NOTHING to do with Twilight, because I actually like IBTY

RayFan9876
08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Makes sense. ;)

@Lyra:
My God you're right, it does sound like theatre.

Unintended for me. :)

HUBBAWHAZZUH.

Of course I'm not overruling your opinion, I'm just curious to know your thoughts on why you picked Unintended. :D

MattXXI
08-06-2011, 11:01 PM
NSC is crap, though the ending is kinda nice. SMBH has it's moments, but I hear it all the damn time. It needs a rest I think.

LyraSilvertongue
08-06-2011, 11:08 PM
HUBBAWHAZZUH.

Of course I'm not overruling your opinion, I'm just curious to know your thoughts on why you picked Unintended. :D

Pretty sure that's a bot...

WutDaFucksy
08-06-2011, 11:39 PM
no, it's NSC. but SMBH is up there. I can't stand the poppiness of it.

Lol, worst reasoning ever.

Dominic.
09-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Plus the fact that it sounds like it should be in musical theatre.

Oh and I realised I typed first chorus twice...but you know what I mean

QubiQ
11-06-2011, 10:09 AM
The vocals are what makes NSC a pretty decent song for me atleast.

That's the reason why sometimes I feel like listening to it. But I try not to focus on the lyrics at the same time.

NSC is crap, though the ending is kinda nice. SMBH has it's moments, but I hear it all the damn time. It needs a rest I think.

Yeah but just because they put typical Muse-ish piano codes at the end, that doesn't save the song.

BLlSS
11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Fury

Ok it may not be the worst, but it definately is over-rated. Now I've thought about it a bit more I would probably say that either Resistance or Con-Science is their worst.

Dee3Dee
11-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Ok it may not be the worst, but it definately is over-rated. Now I've thought about it a bit more I would probably say that either Resistance or Con-Science is their worst.

Fury is amazing so bleh on you.

Blype
12-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Not a fan of the Hullabaloo B-sides.

MUSESTL
12-06-2011, 07:20 AM

Any of them?

Dillyracer
12-06-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't like NSC because of the lyrics. "our love will be fowever!! we'll die, die together...OUR LOVE WILL BE FOWEVER" x1,000,000 even so, "like snowflakes in an ocean"

Ugh, thanks for reminding me of that crap.

I can't get over how terrible it actually is.

RayFan9876
12-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Any of them?

Hope for HCM?

Dominic.
12-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Fury is amazing so bleh on you.
So much truth in so little words. Fucking love Fury
:pope:
Hope for HCM?
HCM is great

To be fair it took a while for those tracks to grow on me. I love Forced In because of it's creepiness (Hullabaloo DVD ftw), Shrinking Universe could easily have been a single, Recess is a little creepy and has the awesome whammy solo, Yes Please was one of the songs I first liked, Map of Your Head is :happy: Nature_1 could easily have been on an album, Shine acoustic isn't as good as Shine but still good. Ashamed always reminds me of James Bond? and The Gallery and HCM are both brilliant

Man now I feel like I have to watch the Hullabaloo DVD again, they fit so perfectly in that DVD

s_dophie
13-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Feeling Good.

Utter shite.

Completely agree!! Hate it when they do it live!!

They
18-06-2011, 12:12 AM
SMBH has it's moments, but I hear it all the damn time. It needs a rest I think.

I lurve the guitar in the chorus but I'm starting to dislike the song as a whole nowadays.

QubiQ
18-06-2011, 07:33 AM
^Love the guitar part in the song, but the backing vocals are annoying to my ears.

On-topic: I don't thing the worst is Feeling Good.

charger68
18-06-2011, 07:26 PM
For me their worst is definitely the cover of House of the rising sun.

Banksy.
18-06-2011, 07:44 PM

:noey: That cover's amazing imho, although I can see why you wouldn't like it.... Their worst song would be Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want.

Foozles
18-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Imma vote Thoughts of a Dying Atheist. The chorus is catchy, but I just hate it.

WutDaFucksy
18-06-2011, 09:31 PM
TOADA isn't half as bad as some of the tripe they have put out there. Prague? Neutron Star Collision?

Foozles
18-06-2011, 09:34 PM
TOADA isn't half as bad as some of the tripe they have put out there. Prague? Neutron Star Collision?

I totally forgot about NSC... Okay, for me it's a tie then.
I haven't heard Prague. Guess it's pointless for me to now...

futurellama
18-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Neutron Star Collision isn't bad if you don't take it seriously. And if you're taking Muse seriously, well then you might want to reconsider your life. :erm:

Dominic.
18-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Hmm this'll be interesting...well the ones I'm about to say are my least favourites, although there are times when I listen to them where I really like them, but for the most part I tend to press skip...

Soldier's Poem
Falling Down
The studio version of Crying Shame was a let down...
NSC (although there are quite a few elements about it that are good)

RayFan9876
18-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Falling Down

NOES. That song's so pretty. :(

Hahaha, yeah it's a pretty WAAY over the top song. :LOL: But if you can stand it, then you'll love it.

Espectro Cuatro
18-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Hahaha, yeah it's a pretty WAAY over the top song. :LOL: But if you can stand it, then you'll love it.

HotRS is pretty good... definitely doesn't compare to The Animals' version though.

LyraSilvertongue
18-06-2011, 10:32 PM
HotRS is pretty good... definitely doesn't compare to The Animals' version though.

I like it better than the original. Don't judge me!

WutDaFucksy
18-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Aww I quite like Crying Shame, the chorus is good fun to singalong too and I can imagine live it would be fun to jump/mosh to too.

Espectro Cuatro
18-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I like it better than the original. Don't judge me!

The Animals' version isn't the original. :noey:

LyraSilvertongue
18-06-2011, 11:26 PM

Really? Who did the original?

(I still like Muse's version better than the Animals', though I like both :p)

Edit: nevermind, I googled it.

Banksy.
18-06-2011, 11:38 PM

No-one really knows who did the original though, do they? It was an American folk song. I think Leadbelly did the first recorded version though.

Espectro Cuatro
19-06-2011, 12:03 AM
According to Wiki, the first recording was done by Clarence Ashley and Gwen Foster in 1933, and then it was recorded by several other singers (including Bob Dylan) before The Animals recorded their version, which was apparently quite a departure from the original.

Regardless, their version is considered by many to be the original, most likely because it is used as a basis for many covers... even Muse's.

Furygirl
19-06-2011, 12:29 AM

That is actually my favorite cover of theirs! :LOL: I had a 45 of the Animals' version when I was a kid, and I played the shit out of it.

Yeah, so, a 45 is like these little vinyl records..... :p

I don't like TOADA. That whiny bit before the chorus is annoying. NSC = meh. Invincible = Meh.

LyraSilvertongue
19-06-2011, 10:03 AM
That is actually my favorite cover of theirs! :LOL: I had a 45 of the Animals' version when I was a kid, and I played the shit out of it.

Yeah, so, a 45 is like these little vinyl records..... :p

I don't like TOADA. That whiny bit before the chorus is annoying. NSC = meh. Invincible = Meh.

I still have all my old 45s :awesome:
The first of which was A Town Called Malice by The Jam from about 1980.

Dominic.
19-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Aww I quite like Crying Shame, the chorus is good fun to singalong too and I can imagine live it would be fun to jump/mosh to too.

The chorus and verse aren't bad. It's that stupid intro bit that they added. 2005 version was much better (as with Assassin, Exo-Politics and Glorious)

MUSESTL
19-06-2011, 02:49 PM
The chorus and verse aren't bad. It's that stupid intro bit that they added. 2005 version was much better (as with Assassin, Exo-Politics and Glorious)

The version of Glorious they released is pretty brilliant. How was the 2005 one better?

Dee3Dee
19-06-2011, 03:03 PM
The version of Glorious they released is pretty brilliant. How was the 2005 one better?

It was better in the sense that they actually played it live a few times.

Dominic.
19-06-2011, 03:09 PM

I just like the rawness of the 2005 version, whereas in the studio one that guitar riff isn't as prominent, and isn't there at all in the verse. The 2005 one just seemed a bit edgier. Out of those songs I mentioned I think Glorious came out best (followed by Exo) on the studio versions, but still not as good as they could have been

Oh and I'd like to say by no means am I suggesting that Glorious is their worst song, I just went off on a tangent from Crying Shame

goti
21-06-2011, 05:59 PM
i really don't like sober!i think it's their worst ever!:noey:

Dominic.
21-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Sober was one of the first songs off Showbiz I liked :LOL: And I remember when I bought Showbiz off Amazon I read reviews saying Fillip was a let down, but I've always liked it, not their best, but I like it

goti
21-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Sober was one of the first songs off Showbiz I liked :LOL: And I remember when I bought Showbiz off Amazon I read reviews saying Fillip was a let down, but I've always liked it, not their best, but I like it

i prefer Fillip to Sober! :p

drawakangaroo
21-06-2011, 06:52 PM
i really don't like sober!i think it's their worst ever!:noey:

Wrong. It's not the best, but it's fun. Unlike another certain song having to do with stars and neutrons....

goti
21-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Wrong. It's not the best, but it's fun. Unlike another certain song having to do with stars and neutrons....

most of you hate this song because it was in twilight! but its a good song!

Dominic.
21-06-2011, 07:22 PM

I don't like it because of the cliche lyrics, second verse and lazy solo

goti
21-06-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't like it because of the cliche lyrics, second verse and lazy solo

ok then you have a good reason! :p

LyraSilvertongue
21-06-2011, 08:39 PM

You know this how?

I love SMBH and IBTY but hate NSC. Same goes for a lot of people. Your theory is nonsense.

Dominic.
21-06-2011, 08:51 PM
You know this how?

I love SMBH and IBTY but hate NSC. Same goes for a lot of people. Your theory is nonsense.

Mostly it's the immature fans that hate the songs for being in Twilight, and I hate to generalise, but they do normally tend to be found in Main Muse :LOL: (although in fairness that's probably because they're new to the board and this is the first area they go to)

I love Supermassive. IBTY is alright, I consider it more as a b-side to be honest

Furygirl
21-06-2011, 08:59 PM

No, because of

You know this how?

this. :yesey:

MartinSM
21-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I'd hate it no matter what. The fact it was made just for Twilight simply makes me hate it more.

MUSESTL
21-06-2011, 09:08 PM
most of you hate this song because it was in twilight!

That logic is complete and utter nonsense

LyraSilvertongue
21-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I'd hate it no matter what. The fact it was made just for Twilight simply makes me hate it more.

Even hating it more because of Twilight is pretty stupid.

Ryoma-kun
21-06-2011, 09:24 PM

It wasn't made for Twilight, they were allowed to use it in the movie. That's a big difference.

MartinSM
21-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Well, technically yes, but it would never have been released if they hadn't asked them to give them a song.

It's not so much the actual being on Twilight, it's what it stands for. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks if they got asked in 2004 they would have told them to get lost, rather than, as Chris put it, "Sell [their] soul"?

Ryoma-kun
21-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Well, technically yes, but it would never have been released if they hadn't asked them to give them a song.

It's not so much the actual being on Twilight, it's what it stands for. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks if they got asked in 2004 they would have told them to get lost, rather than, as Chris put it, "Sell [their] soul"?

Well... They put Guiding Light on the album without it appearing in Twilight or any other movie and it's just as much clich as the other songs. And I prefer NSC to GL any day.

Espectro Cuatro
21-06-2011, 10:13 PM
NSC is much better live. The studio version is a bit lazy.

It's just a shame they never play it, and there's no pro-shots (or decent quality amateurs) of it that I can find.

Probably one of the main reasons I rarely listen to it. :p

QubiQ
22-06-2011, 02:18 PM
NSC wasn't a big hit and isn't one of the most popular Twilight songs, either. I don't see why some fans easily get annoyed by that being used in the movie. Why are they so eager to connect the song to it. (aparrently to bash Twilight, of course.)

EvilClown007
27-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm not a big fan of most of the songs from Showbiz. I don't mind listening to them because it's definitely good music but as i said i'm not a big fan of it.

Worst Muse song: Map Of The Problematique because i've heard it a million times and i'm sick of it :p

drawakangaroo
27-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Worst Muse song: Map Of The Problematique because i've heard it a million times and i'm sick of it :p

Kill him!

LyraSilvertongue
27-06-2011, 04:13 PM

Overplaying a song and getting sick of it is no reason to call it their worst :rolleyes:

Dee3Dee
27-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Proud fan of Guiding Light, Neutron Star Collision, Resistance and Uprising

Mind = blown.

MUSESTL
27-06-2011, 09:06 PM

How does that make it the worst song?

EllaB
30-06-2011, 04:29 PM

Wha-wha-WHAT? :eek:

dan.
30-06-2011, 05:03 PM
As much as I'm usually all for people being allowed an opinion, I am sorry to inform you that you are still wrong.

EvilClown007
30-06-2011, 05:44 PM
I just don't like that song. No need to attack me :rolleyes:.

MUSESTL
30-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I just don't like that song. No need to attack me :rolleyes:.

Well when you say things like that...

Vishne(:
01-07-2011, 05:35 PM
propably neutron star collision......
(dont hate me people ,lol)

WutDaFucksy
01-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Don't worry, most of us agree with you :p

Vishne(:
01-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Don't worry, most of us agree with you :p

Not the twillight fans , i guess XD.

drawakangaroo
01-07-2011, 11:09 PM

What?! But that's one of the best Muse songs ever!

InvincibleGeo
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
In my opinion : Undisclosed Desire . I hate this song :stunned: Because I can't find his reason to exist .
It's Vapid.

drawakangaroo
02-07-2011, 02:50 AM
In my opinion : Undisclosed Desire . I hate this song :stunned: Because I can't find his reason to exist .
It's Vapid.

Listen to it more, it'll grow on you.

Dominic.
03-07-2011, 08:19 PM
In terms of live performance, I think Resistance got considerably worse since he started using the double neck. The live version from 2009 was great, the guitar intro and outro sounded fantastic, double neck sounds tacky

I don't actually like the double neck much at all really, sounds alright on Uprising though

Saks
03-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Totally agree :)

InvincibleGeo
03-07-2011, 09:49 PM

I hope so :D
Thanks for the advice :) I'll try to do it..

church
04-07-2011, 04:50 AM

I tried this. Now I feel like that time was forever wasted :LOL:

supernova14
04-07-2011, 04:58 AM

No, thats their second worse song, haha. I think Executioner Commentary is, because it sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

hunting s thompson
04-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Worst song ever is Pink Ego Box...

"But I think I like it
When you instant message me
With a promise
I can feel it
I can tell you're gonna be
Just like me"

HOLY HELL!!

Have you ever heard anything so retarded in all your life?!?

JoshyBarth
04-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Worst song ever is Pink Ego Box...

"But I think I like it
When you instant message me
With a promise
I can feel it
I can tell you're gonna be
Just like me"

HOLY HELL!!

Have you ever heard anything so retarded in all your life?!?

Its about how people make relationships on the internet, even though they haven't met them and stuff - Those lyrics pretty much sum-up that sort of thing

Marinator
04-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Ashamed. All that shit at the start is unbearable

lapastasciutta
04-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Neutron star collision is horrible !

WutDaFucksy
04-07-2011, 10:50 AM
I am liking some of the more recent posts, NSC and Pink Ego Box are awful

Gee__xo
04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Soldiers Poem .. It's good, kinda, but not as good as all their other stuff!

fallingawaywithnay
04-07-2011, 02:14 PM
but..but... Soldier's Poem is beautiful :')

Neutron Star Collision for lack of creativity even though it's obvious they didn't try hard. But it's funny how it's their worst song and it still sounds good.

hunting s thompson
04-07-2011, 09:20 PM
NSC is so bombastic I found it to be quite charming. Plus I dig Matthew's mini-guitar solo :D

You Electrify My Life
04-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Eternally Missed or Con Science, I'm sorry but I think they're awful :$

LyraSilvertongue
04-07-2011, 10:01 PM

:eek:

MUSESTL
04-07-2011, 10:11 PM

:stunned:

Dominic.
04-07-2011, 10:35 PM

I love them both. Two of my favourites. Con-Science is so eerie, and simplistic, fucking love how it builds up, one of their best songs imo

Eternally Missed, what's not to love. Thick bass line, fuzz solo, everything is fantastic about it

Your apology is accepted. Just

Burning_October
04-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm gonna jump in a say that, out of the album tracks, i'd have to go with Sober as my least favourite. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Out of ALL their songs, though, I don't know. Probably something off the Newton Abbot Demo, but I haven't spent enough time listening to it to remember all the songs individually (though if I remember correctly, Sober is on there, so it might still be that :LOL:).

WutDaFucksy
04-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Boredom from that is far better than most things on Showbiz :chuckle:

BassDementia
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
In terms of on album tracks i'd have to say Overdue coz it's just a short load of nothing.

As for on the whole i couldn't really say. Ask me a year ago i woulda said Forced In but not now, it's alright.

Actually... while i stopped to think there it came to me... Map of Your Head. Really can't stand it :stunned:

Rafn
05-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Con-Science is so eerie, and simplistic, fucking love how it builds up, one of their best songs imo

:yesey: I didn't know about the song until recently and I was absolutely stunned! Still can't believe how such a simple song can contain so much!

hipbones
05-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Easily.

LyraSilvertongue
05-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Easily.

Worse than Prague? NSC?

hipbones
05-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Worse than Prague? NSC?

Prague is horrendous.
I love NSC.

LyraSilvertongue
05-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Prague is horrendous.
I love NSC.

I like NSC live but otherwise it's just cringe-worthy.

Banksy.
05-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Easily.

Really? Their worst song? I mean, it's mediocre, but by no means is it bad. The solo's pretty nice too. Compared to some of Muse's other B-sides it's pretty good. But I s'pose you're allowed your own opinion, hah.

Olly.
07-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Easily.

wtf

EllaB
08-07-2011, 03:10 AM
Easily.

Blasphemy!

KaanGiggity
14-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Screenager, Ruled By Secrecy and Megalomania.

To be a bit more happy about things......Knights, Hysteria and Supermassive Black Hole are 3 of the best.

Come on man, you can't go round loving the surface songs... Dig down to the B-sides, then tell me Supermassive black hole is one of the best... I actually dislike that song.

Farelial
14-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Hmm... It's hard to say one 'cause I kinda like them all in someway. It might be some single line from lyrics or some drumfill but almoust every song has something hooking.
But...

Prague, I would say. It just give me a massive headache every time I listen it, it is just so heavy and.... Uh, I just don't like it.

I am horrible person and totally idiot (see sarcasm) but I just like Guiding Light and NSC. :p Sorry, they certainly aren't my favourites but sometimes I just listen them and dance and feel happy :happy:

RayFan9876
15-07-2011, 08:38 PM
@uniteeurasia:
Those are the three most popular songs. You sure?

The best response has no words. :eek:

Farelial
15-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Easily.

just... :eek:

ExogenesisP1
15-07-2011, 09:43 PM
My top 3 "Worst Muse song ever" are:
1. NSC
2. I Belong To You/Mon Cur S'ouvre Ta Voix
3. Guiding Light

Notice these are all new ish songs!

LyraSilvertongue
15-07-2011, 09:44 PM
My top 3 "Worst Muse song ever" are:
1. NSC
2. I Belong To You/Mon Cur S'ouvre Ta Voix
3. Guiding Light

Notice these are all new ish songs!

:(

ExogenesisP1
15-07-2011, 09:46 PM

Sorry mate :D. Is that your favourite song? :LOL:.

LyraSilvertongue
15-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Sorry mate :D. Is that your favourite song? :LOL:.

Not my favourite, but it is a very good song imo. It's great fun live.

ExogenesisP1
15-07-2011, 09:51 PM

Well I used to really like it, the intro is fun and bouncy. But recently I've been skipping it :(.

RayFan9876
15-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I Belong To You/Mon Cur S'ouvre Ta Voix

:/

QubiQ
16-07-2011, 03:58 PM

It's my favourite and too bad it has been played only for a few times (3 or 4, I believe?).

Mizutsu
16-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Prague is horrendous.
I love NSC.

:happy::happy::happy:

eyduh
16-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Guiding Light, probably. It's just........ bad. During shows it's such a buzz-killer and it's just shit.

There are quite a few during the early days that I don't like, but GL just tops it all off.

I actually like Prague............:LOL: I've no idea why,

Aquifa
19-07-2011, 05:48 PM
To me ,there are no bad Muse songs. There are amazing songs, good songs, and OK songs.

LyraSilvertongue
20-07-2011, 12:30 AM
To me ,there are no bad Muse songs. There are amazing songs, good songs, and OK songs.

There are bad songs, trust me :LOL:

Furygirl
20-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Easily.

I love NSC.

You've got to be trolling. :stunned:

I <3 Easily. :happy:

They
20-07-2011, 01:34 AM
In case I don't say it enough, Soldier's Poem.

Y U Still take up a slot on setlists today?

thedemonocracy
20-07-2011, 02:34 AM
I like NSC and IBTY. Those two have the bad lucky to feature in hated films. So, if a new muser want to be cool, only must say something bad about those two.

But IBTY (the piano version, the guitar version is horrible) is a brilliant song, and one of my favourites from the new album.
And NSC is just a simple pop single with the Muse's trademark, and isn't wrong. Is funny live.

Their worst song is Who knows who. By far

drawakangaroo
20-07-2011, 02:38 AM
I like NSC and IBTY. Those two have the bad lucky to feature in hated films. So, if a new muser want to be cool, only must say something bad about those two.

But IBTY (the piano version, the guitar version is horrible) is a brilliant song, and one of my favourites from the new album.
And NSC is just a simple pop single with the Muse's trademark, and isn't wrong. Is funny live.

I find IBTY to be generally well-liked. But NSC is actually bad.

Zacke
20-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Definitively something from The Resistance, Guiding Light maybe.

The Resistance is good, but not as good as Muse has spoiled you with the latest decade. :LOL:

Victoroy
20-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Prague is awful. The only Muse song I gave up on after one listen.

Bs
20-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I listened to Execution Commentary last night for the first time in absolutely ages. Christ, it's awful! :LOL:

Aquifa
20-07-2011, 08:22 PM

The singer sounds like Russel Brand. The music's awesome,though.

They
21-07-2011, 03:14 PM

But those amazing lyrics.

My name's magic and it's mud, I do bad things but I can rob.

What a poet.

yoman297
23-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Haven't listened to them all, but so far, Execution Commentary...

aviendha
03-08-2011, 06:49 PM
probably Dark Shines, I'm not sure why it just became kind of irritating to me

harrypottermegan
04-08-2011, 06:48 AM
probably Dark Shines, I'm not sure why it just became kind of irritating to me
:noey:

EllaB
04-08-2011, 06:36 PM
You've got to be trolling. :stunned:

I <3 Easily. :happy:

And this is again why I believe we are twins. I freakin <3 Easily.

oithatsmybanana
05-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm really surprised bout some opinions. I have serious doubts bout your ears working well.... :stunned:
The song I like least and I'm not listening to very much - NSC.
That's just not my thing.
And it changes, none of their songs seem bad to me, I just sometimes find some of them too much disturbing. But sometimes those disturbing things is all I need&want, depends on the mood :happy:

polythenelucy
06-08-2011, 06:00 AM
I'm really surprised bout some opinions. I have serious doubts bout your ears working well.... :stunned:
The song I like least and I'm not listening to very much - NSC.
That's just not my thing.
And it changes, none of their songs seem bad to me, I just sometimes find some of them too much disturbing. But sometimes those disturbing things is all I need&want, depends on the mood :happy:

Everyone has different music tastes, that's all. I love that the Muser community is so diverse :)

The Muser who started this thread said that Unintended is the worst Muse song ever.......I used to HATE that song. It really creeped me out but now, I'm trying to learn how to play it on the guitar. :D Matt's vocals in that song are sooooo haunting even though he is kind whiny

I agree about NSC.......I must've been like WTFWTFLOLOL while watching the NSC music vid for the first time.

melon
06-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Listened to NSC once, never again. Until I had to see it live. I also hate UD.

Nipso
06-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Everyone has different music tastes, that's all. I love that the Muser community is so diverse :)

The Muser who started this thread said that Unintended is the worst Muse song ever.......I used to HATE that song. It really creeped me out but now, I'm trying to learn how to play it on the guitar. :D Matt's vocals in that song are sooooo haunting even though he is kind whiny

I agree about NSC.......I must've been like WTFWTFLOLOL while watching the NSC music vid for the first time.

There are many songs in which Matt's vocals are whiny. Unintended is not one of them.

yoman297
07-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Man, I just realized that Execution Commentary has a awesome riff... Not the worst song anymore! I'm thinking the worst song could be either Soldier's Poem, Jimmy Kane, or all the songs on "This is a Muse Demo" :LOL:

bILLOO
07-08-2011, 02:25 PM
NSC <3

It was one of the highlights for Wembley night 1. That and IBTY! :LOL:

They
07-08-2011, 05:54 PM
NSC <3

It was one of the highlights for Wembley night 1. That and IBTY! :LOL:

Wembley night 1 just goes to show, Muse are more likely to perform their twilight soundtrack in full than Exogenesis.

Schmitty02
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Soldier's Poem by far

MuseGal
12-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Whoever said Time is Running Out is bad needs to get the **** out.
I digress. Guiding Light is by far the worst Muse song. Reallly don't like Supermassive Black Hole.
Can't take my eyes off you was pretty bad as well.

church
12-08-2011, 02:50 AM
UD. It is an abomination that need to be removed from all record.

drawakangaroo
12-08-2011, 01:52 PM
UD. It is an abomination that need to be removed from all record.

False. The album version is great. I love all the little subtlities that make the chorus build up as it goes on, they just really make the song work. I thought it was weird at first, but then it grew on me. Just listen to it more.

church
12-08-2011, 03:23 PM
False. The album version is great. I love all the little subtlities that make the chorus build up as it goes on, they just really make the song work. I thought it was weird at first, but then it grew on me. Just listen to it more.

Its not for lack of trying believe me, I want to like this song but I just can't :LOL: Its the only one I can say I hate. I have literally given Bellamy the bird every time I've seen it live :LOL:

drawakangaroo
12-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Its not for lack of trying believe me, I want to like this song but I just can't :LOL: Its the only one I can say I hate. I have literally given Bellamy the bird every time I've seen it live :LOL:

Well, I'm not talking about live, that's a totally different story :LOL:
And fair enough, guess it's kind of how I just can't like ToaDA.
But honestly, NSC is worse.

Furygirl
12-08-2011, 11:38 PM
I like UD on the album okay, but it took awhile. I agree it's boring live. I can't stand that whiny bit in the chorus of TOADA. Ruins the song for me.

Tjet
13-08-2011, 12:03 AM
The guitar in TOADA ruins an otherwise pretty catchy track.

LyraSilvertongue
13-08-2011, 12:07 AM

The guitar isn't the problem with TOADA.

church
13-08-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't understand the TOADA hate

LyraSilvertongue
13-08-2011, 12:15 AM

The vocals, the yewowowow bit, if that makes sense.

church
13-08-2011, 12:17 AM

Ah okay I can understand that, I suppose.

They
13-08-2011, 12:19 AM

I dislike it but don't know why, I like it's solo and don't mind the yeah yeahhhhhh's and whatnot.

Why couldn't the band put The Small Print and Fury on Absolution at the cost of ToaDA?

LyraSilvertongue
13-08-2011, 12:21 AM
I dislike it but don't know why, I like it's solo and don't mind the yeah yeahhhhhh's and whatnot.

Why couldn't the band put The Small Print and Fury on Absolution at the cost of ToaDA?

Fury would have made a good substitute for TOADA but it didn't happen so there's no point whining about it now.

Furygirl
13-08-2011, 12:57 AM

Oh god yes, that. It makes my ears sad.

LyraSilvertongue
13-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Oh god yes, that. It makes my ears sad.

Mine too, Renee. What were they thinking? Fools.

drawakangaroo
13-08-2011, 01:53 AM
The solo is the only good part of the song.

MuseGal
13-08-2011, 02:47 AM

Absolutely. It was too different when I first heard it, and the music video is absolutely horrendous, but it grew on me a lot. I love when they sing the chorus after the break in the song, and matt is singing subtly in the background. Ahh, love it.

Stewez
13-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Overdue, but only out of album context.

fragtion
15-08-2011, 03:30 AM
The guitar in TOADA is what makes the song. And what a brilliant guitar track. Those arpeggio patterns are mint. Hearing aid, perhaps? =)

Da Mangaka
16-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Am I the only one who likes Endlessly? :erm:

Hmm, let's see. I can't say I utterly hate or dislike, but things I just skip is pretty much Screenager. I mean, it has a good tune but gets boring along the way.

brendarosset
16-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Would you like that Muse sing with Paramore?

Tjet
16-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Would you like that Muse sing with Paramore?
I'm guessing you assume that it would be their worst song?

inkcoveredarms
17-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't think that Screenager or Endlessly is boring. Their worst song is NSC for me. :p

Pwoperness
17-08-2011, 02:44 PM
ermmmm on instinct im gonna say prauge, maybe cos i havent listened to it enough to appriciate it but thats what i think:$

devilsnight
17-08-2011, 08:11 PM
probably Falling Down or Overdue

Scott7
17-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Am I the only one who likes Endlessly? :erm:

Hmm, let's see. I can't say I utterly hate or dislike, but things I just skip is pretty much Screenager. I mean, it has a good tune but gets boring along the way.

I love endlessly :) and sing for absolution ;) and TOADA but people don't seem to like them.
Screenager is good but you have to be patient.

Resistance is by far my least favourite track, nice tune but I just don't like it.

They
18-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Sure is soldier's poem in here.

WePuTtHeMdOwN
18-08-2011, 12:47 AM
I find Ruled by Secrecy extremely boring.

Spin26
18-08-2011, 04:06 AM

Blasphemy.

Morgan.
18-08-2011, 04:18 AM
I Belong to You

Scott7
18-08-2011, 07:29 AM
I Belong to You

Noooo I like that song, we are forgetting INTERLUDE and INTRO! :p

Dillyracer
18-08-2011, 10:14 AM
I'd rather hear intro to Absolution on repeat for 24 hours than NSC.

Tjet
18-08-2011, 10:17 AM
They are both better than Guiding Light.

IamtheUniverse
18-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Soldier's Poem takes some beating, for me.

Scott7
18-08-2011, 10:28 AM

Good point I forgot about Guiding Light and Soldiers Poem :p

Dee3Dee
18-08-2011, 10:45 AM
I Belong to You

No.

No.

Clunge
18-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Jesus christ, just listened to Exo-Politics for the first time in ages.

It is biblically shite :stunned:. I forgot just how appauling it is.

xX_deadstar_Xx
18-08-2011, 10:59 AM

I actually quite like that. I seem to have the exact opposite opinion on things to most people here though

lyrics are a bit daft, but hey...that's muse :LOL:

Sephian
18-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Prague. By a long way.

drawakangaroo
18-08-2011, 01:54 PM

It's very filler-ish, but it's not really bad.

QubiQ
18-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I Belong to You

NO, but I might say the guitar version (or the soundtrack version), for taking all the good parts from the album version.

Yep, one of the reasons why BH&R isn't my favourite.

Morgan.
18-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Is it safe to say I'm the only person who doesn't like I Belong to You?

WutDaFucksy
18-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Well it is safe to say, many people don't like it. I remember when The Resistance came out the majority seemed to dislike it, now it seems more even.

One of Guiding Light and Prague

LyraSilvertongue
18-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Soldier's Poem takes some beating, for me.

I loved it live.

randomparrot
18-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm not much of a fan of it either :LOL:

Clunge
18-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I absolutely love it; probably the most 'fun' song Muse have ever put out :yesey:.

Farelial
18-08-2011, 08:08 PM

I think its very absorbing and great :p

And Soldier's Poem is beautiful!

LyraSilvertongue
18-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I absolutely love it; probably the most 'fun' song Muse have ever put out :yesey:.

This.

drawakangaroo
18-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I think its very absorbing and great :p

Interesting word choice... Makes me think of a paper towel commercial.

yoman297
18-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Just listened to NSC... :wtf: is that???

They
18-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Prague. By a long way.

Those final vocals though, they've got to count for something.

Jetro
18-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Guiding Light is better than your mother.

LyraSilvertongue
18-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Guiding Light is better than your mother.

Guiding Light is better than nothing.

Zolic
19-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Fun to read the first page, where nobody goes on about even Soldiers Poem since it wasn't even released. (don't get me wrong I love it but people usually complain about it)

Okay,
NSC
GL Live
UD Live

Overdue may not be their worst but it's such an unrememberable song

Sparky_
19-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Fillip, Screenager, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, Endlessly, Invincible, Resistance, Guiding Light,

Dee3Dee
19-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Fillip, Screenager, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, Endlessly, Invincible, Resistance, Guiding Light,

Go away.

IamtheUniverse
19-08-2011, 11:10 AM
NSC simply because it is the most cheesiest song they've produced, and quite frankly annoying.

It's worse than soldier's poem for me, thinking about it.

cherry lips
19-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Balloonatic. Coma. Forameous....

Sparky_
19-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Balloonatic. Coma. Forameous....

Falling With The Crowd :stunned:

drawakangaroo
19-08-2011, 01:14 PM
:ohmy:

Screenager? Seriously? GTFO :phu:

Morgan.
19-08-2011, 02:34 PM

DomDomDom
19-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm not really fond of Guiding Light and United States Of Eurasia. :/ But they're still good.

jeffrey0603
19-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Soldier's poem is boring.

Scott7
19-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by KnightofCydonia1

Cousin. Cousin. Cousin.
No No No No
The last three yes!

MUSESTL
19-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Resistance and Invincible are pretty good

Rafn
19-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Soldier's poem is boring.

I can see why some might think so, but I really think it's great. In a way it reminds me of Map of Your Head even though they differ a lot. I guess it's that "mellow" sound that they,imo, both contain.

They
19-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Resistance and Invincible are pretty good

The endings of both are, it's just getting to them.

FlammingCow
19-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't have any, that is rare, with any artist out there. Some of the songs that people can't stand end up liking. When bought "absoultion" played if for weeks, and one of my favs. That one day just bought the rest of the collection later on.

knightsmuse
21-08-2011, 07:24 AM
I don't like 4 songs : unnatural selection, apocalypse please, butterflies and hurricanes, sing for absolution

MUSESTL
21-08-2011, 07:54 AM
I don't like 4 songs : unnatural selection, apocalypse please, butterflies and hurricanes, sing for absolution

I don't even...

goti
21-08-2011, 12:38 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Sing for Absolution??? Butterflies and Hurricanes???
Those are the best!!!

Da Mangaka
25-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Well, I like Interlude a lot < w<

What I do have to note is that Intro should have been PART of Apocalypse Please and not a separate track : /
You can listen to Interlude by itself but Intro sounds lacking without AP.

ObsidianNinjas
25-08-2011, 09:19 PM
what?! are you kidding me? worst song by far is Neutron Star Collision. that song has no soul and is the product of the devil and some stupid 13 year old girl

goti
25-08-2011, 09:39 PM
what?! are you kidding me? worst song by far is Neutron Star Collision. that song has no soul and is the product of the devil and some stupid 13 year old girl

:rolleyes:

donmorgan
25-08-2011, 09:56 PM

Mr. ORANGE
26-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Undisclosed Desires definately - not because of the superb lyrics, but the sound is just so.....so.... :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Maus
30-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I hate both Supermassive Blackhole and Undisclosed Desires, but with the new album out I think I have more choice than ever...

momo1526
30-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Am I the only one who loved Absolution and Endlessly? It was my first muse album, it's what made me love muse! I'd say Soldier's Poem isn't too great, but I generally love muse songs.

MandaF
30-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one who loved Absolution and Endlessly? It was my first muse album, it's what made me love muse! I'd say Soldier's Poem isn't too great, but I generally love muse songs.

God no. No, no, no. Why are you thinking you are the only one? There is heaps of love here for Endlessly. As for Absolution....it is really loved by pretty much everyone I think (well, there are always a few who will argue :LOL:)

Agree with Soldier's poem btw.

canuckmuser14
30-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Their two worst songs are Time is Running Out and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist.

Those 2 are among my all time favourites :D

Jay Bee
01-10-2012, 03:39 PM
I just watched the iTunes festival on youtube and the one song that I felt like skipping the most was Starlight. It's just so dull.

Mr. ORANGE
01-10-2012, 08:18 PM
I just watched the iTunes festival on youtube and the one song that I felt like skipping the most was Starlight. It's just so dull.
Starlight is amazing - especially vocals...But they play it too much...That's why it's boring...It shouldn't be at every gig...They should alternate SMBH, Starlight, Take a Bow and MotP... :-)

Aquifa
02-10-2012, 03:00 AM
My least favorite song is Starlight, followed by Uprising.

kikiki
02-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Overdue. I skip that everytime.

FingerFud
02-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Madness.

Jay Bee
02-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Starlight is amazing - especially vocals...But they play it too much...That's why it's boring...It shouldn't be at every gig...They should alternate SMBH, Starlight, Take a Bow and MotP... :-)

If you want amazing vocals they should play Bliss.

The2ndwub
02-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Follow me, just awful

fabripav
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Follow me, just awful

This is the 10th time you say that :LOL:

The song won't change the more you talk how you don't like it :chuckle:

The2ndwub
02-10-2012, 04:09 PM
This is the 10th time you say that :LOL:

The song won't change the more you talk how you don't like it :chuckle:

Every time i mention my hate for it. A wild Fabripav appears :LOL:

Kueller917
02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Every time i mention my hate for it. A wild Fabripav appears :LOL:

I've been trying to contain him but he keeps breaking free. I already used my master ball :(

fabripav
02-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I've been trying to contain him but he keeps breaking free. I already used my master ball :(

I'm too powerful for it.

Bixer
02-10-2012, 05:53 PM

Most certainly not. Absolution isn't just my favourite Muse album, it's one of my favourite albums of all time (probably even with Daft Punk's Discovery). There's not a single song from Absolution I dislike or ever skip.

Neutron Star Collision is probably the only Muse song I don't own in any format, so I'd have to go with that.

underrugswept
02-10-2012, 11:36 PM
I you don't count B-sides, I guess Endlessly

fabripav
02-10-2012, 11:49 PM

S-STOP N-NO :supersad:

Jobby
03-10-2012, 06:17 AM
S-STOP N-NO :supersad:

Take a look at their sig though :chuckle:

Bells
03-10-2012, 06:42 AM
MOTP (http://i.minus.com/il1jaw.gif)

i.wish.i.RAWR!
03-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Probably Prague for me. I just don't think it has any redeeming qualities. I've only listened to it like twice and have no desire to listen to it again.

fabripav
03-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Take a look at their sig though :chuckle:

Didn't notice that.

:LOL:

Dee3Dee
03-10-2012, 09:50 AM

Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

.....actually, I just saw your sig. Nevermind.

Kojane
03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Well, Soldiers Poem is the song I skip the most. I just can't listen to it on CD, it's so boring.. but so listen to live? Undisclosed Desires, easily without a doubt. :sleepy:

AngryAmericanKeyboardist
03-10-2012, 01:02 PM
I say it's "Unintended." I really really don't like that song. And I don't care that it was a single either.

So... What do you think is the worst Muse song ever?

Now? Big Freeze. Muse isn't supposed to sound like U2.

If you picked anything from the first three albums/Hullabaloo, you're just wrong.

Guiding Light is pretty boring too...

c0nor
03-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Unsustainable, its just god damn awful. It's a shame as I think the orchestral parts are fantastic but as a whole its a fail

drawakangaroo
03-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Unsustainable, its just god damn awful. It's a shame as I think the orchestral parts are fantastic but as a whole its a failThis. It just kind of bores me. And the ending is such a letdown, should have built up instead of just repeating what they had done earlier in the song.

B+OOMAN
03-10-2012, 11:16 PM
I say it's "Unintended." I really really don't like that song. And I don't care that it was a single either.

So... What do you think is the worst Muse song ever?

I did my wedding dance to unintended!

knightsmuse
04-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Unsustainable, its just god damn awful. It's a shame as I think the orchestral parts are fantastic but as a whole its a fail

:supersad: :'(