PDA

View Full Version : Worst Muse song ever?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

drawakangaroo
14-03-2011, 04:19 AM
I think Guiding Light would be good if someone else sang it....It could be considered the worst Muse song but if Gaga sang it it would be her best....
I don't like SMBH, don't like the song, shit lyrics, too poppy for me. It's catchy but that's about it..

...Um.

Is this one of those What's Wrong With This Picture games? Because I counted at least five things.

MUSESTL
14-03-2011, 06:34 AM
I think Guiding Light would be good if someone else sang it....It could be considered the worst Muse song but if Gaga sang it it would be her best....
I don't like SMBH, don't like the song, shit lyrics, too poppy for me. It's catchy but that's about it..

Are you saying Matt's voice isn't right Guiding Light or that Guiding Light is good compared to any other artist's songs, just not Muses's songs?

And SMBH is amazing :phu:

PlugInFuckingBaby
14-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Are you saying Matt's voice isn't right Guiding Light or that Guiding Light is good compared to any other artist's songs, just not Muses's songs?
And SMBH is amazing :phu:
:phu: SMBH is terrible lyrically, and really popish.
I'm saying the thread is called Worst Muse Song. Guiding Light can be a candidate for worst Muse song because it's shitty compared to their others.
:noey:
not you again.
...Um.
Is this one of those What's Wrong With This Picture games? Because I counted at least five things.

Trying to remember why I left PMT...:stunned: hmm, can't seem to remember.

WutDaFucksy
14-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm saying the thread is called Worst Muse Song. Guiding Light can be a candidate for worst Muse song because it's shitty compared to their others.

But it's also up for worst general song too :p

PlugInFuckingBaby
14-03-2011, 11:48 PM
But it's also up for worst general song too :p

oh is it now :p
anything by P!ATD is my candidate. :D

MUSESTL
15-03-2011, 12:45 AM
:phu: SMBH is terrible lyrically, and really popish.

It's not terrible lyrically, at least not by Muse standards. And being popish does NOT mean it's bad

MattXXI
15-03-2011, 12:46 AM
SMBH has a memorable riff though, and live it's a beastly track. I think that overshadows whatever lyrical handicap it has.

Tjet
15-03-2011, 12:47 AM
I adore SMBH.

drawakangaroo
15-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Trying to remember why I left PMT...:stunned: hmm, can't seem to remember.

Huh? I'm not talking about the PMT, hell, I've never even been on the PMT :chuckle:
I'm talking about those games for little kids, where they give you a picture and you have to figure out what's wrong with it.

Basically, I'm saying that your post was totally wrong :LOL:

drawakangaroo
15-03-2011, 01:02 AM
I adore SMBH.

Same. For me, it's one of those songs that you don't realise how much you like it until you haven't listened to it for a while and realise how much you missed it.

MUSESTL
15-03-2011, 01:02 AM
I adore SMBH.

:yesey:

Sandman
15-03-2011, 02:01 AM
SMBH is a decent track but Muse have dozens that are infinitely better, plenty of them on that album.

It's catchy with a memorable riff though so I can sort of understand why it's so popular / well known.

Chidorifool101
15-03-2011, 02:21 AM
With the FUZZEH kitty on my computer, I say, there's a lot of hatin' for Guilding Light. It's my Fasha's favorite song 'cause he thinks it's about someone you loved but you lost that connection.. or something like that.. well I could be off on what he said, it's been a few weeks :$ :LOL:

And I LOVE SMBH :awesome: You gotta love Dommeh doing the duh-duh-duh-duh-duh in that song :dom:

PlugInFuckingBaby
15-03-2011, 02:27 AM
And I LOVE SMBH :awesome: You gotta love Dommeh doing the duh-duh-duh-duh-duh in that song :dom:

Yeah, that's good and so is the riff, and it's a good live song, pretty catchy, but just something about it...can't stand the song...I like the song I suppose, but they have a lot more that are better....Dom singing...
I think the song isn't one you can listen to on repeat, but it is one that is good after a long time of ignoring it. Like now, for instance, I haven't listened to it in at least 4 months, and I like it. :stunned: what has happened :p

Paulina<3Muse
15-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Unnatural Selection. And the Twilight songs. I like them but the thought of them being in that horrendous movie makes me puke.

Btw.. i love Invincible and Starlight ;D

WutDaFucksy
15-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Unnatural Selection candidate for worst Muse song ever?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3604/3549396259_12fd6375cd.jpg

Paulina<3Muse
15-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Unnatural Selection candidate for worst Muse song ever?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3604/3549396259_12fd6375cd.jpg

:yesey: Some parts of it sound like Green Day. That's not a good thing.

WutDaFucksy
15-03-2011, 12:37 PM
:LOL: Ok then

Tjet
15-03-2011, 12:44 PM
:yesey: Some parts of it sound like Green Day. That's not a good thing.
Which parts? :p

Paulina<3Muse
15-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Which parts? :p

Ahem..When he goes "we're not droplets in the ocean. ooooooocean" for example. :D
It sounds like Green Day, i swear.

Tjet
15-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Ahem..When he goes "we're not droplets in the ocean. ooooooocean" for example. :D
You should get into some System Of A Down :awesome:

MUSESTL
15-03-2011, 03:40 PM

Much more System of a Down than Green Day. But I don't think just because the way he pronounces one word sounds like a different band that it could be the worst Muse song ever

Linux
15-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I read yesterday that the county of Devon is known for its many dairy farms.

So, now we know why Muse like cheese so much. ;)

Ragingnewborn
15-03-2011, 11:24 PM

+1

Chidorifool101
16-03-2011, 12:23 AM

Especially Dom :awesome:

PlugInFuckingBaby
16-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Especially Dom :awesome:

Dom likes Brie :D

meweel
16-03-2011, 03:59 AM
agree with ts, I don't really like Unintended. I don't know if its a sad, i don't really feel sad, it's makes me kinda drowsy. But anyway, that is if it is compared with other muse songs. But as a whole, all of their songs are great :D

Espectro Cuatro
16-03-2011, 04:21 AM

lol please. Bellamy makes the song listenable. With anyone else singing, it would be a driveling Idol-worthy mess.

Riveon
16-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Arguably one could say that these cheese jokes are also getting cheesy...but then it would look like they would be trying to create some kind of awful pun. You get my point though. :p

PlugInFuckingBaby
17-03-2011, 12:51 AM
agree with ts, I don't really like Unintended. I don't know if its a sad, i don't really feel sad, it's makes me kinda drowsy. But anyway, that is if it is compared with other muse songs. But as a whole, all of their songs are great :D

...You can never deny the power of

THE UNINTENDED SNAIL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqrBYRCxy2E

Chidorifool101
17-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Dom likes Brie :D

I NEVER HAD BRIE!! :supersad:

Unintended is a good lullaby :happy: I always find myself drifting off back to sleep whenever I listen to it while my mum is driving me to school :rolleyes: :LOL:

JoMUSE16
23-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I've changed my mind about Megalomania, i do actually like it now :happy:

wildwilly
23-04-2011, 05:36 PM
guiding light

drawakangaroo
25-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Since this thread is now bumped up again and I now remember that this song exists:
Eternally Missed.

*waits to be eaten alive*

miss_meadows
25-04-2011, 09:15 PM
:eek::stunned::eek:

MUSESTL
25-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Since this thread is now bumped up again and I now remember that this song exists:
Eternally Missed.

*Eats*

How dare you? :LOL:. But really...I love that song

LyraSilvertongue
25-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Eternally Missed.

No way is it worse than Jimmy Kane.

drawakangaroo
25-04-2011, 10:30 PM
No way is it worse than Jimmy Kane.

Never actually heard that song.

And it's just too... choppy or something, I dunno. I just don't like it.

wombat_714
25-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Eternally Missed.

:wtf:

There are plenty of worse songs... for instance: Prague, NSC, Jimmy Kane, Execution Commentary, I Belong to You, Guiding Light...

LyraSilvertongue
25-04-2011, 10:43 PM

There are plenty of worse songs... for instance: Prague, NSC, Jimmy Kane, Execution Commentary, I Belong to You, Guiding Light...

IBTY does not belong in that list.

bruce57
25-04-2011, 11:13 PM
IBTY does not belong in that list.

neither does Execution Commentary... :erm:

Tom//P
25-04-2011, 11:17 PM
neither does Execution Commentary... :erm:

If you want to piss someone off; that's the perfect song.

bruce57
26-04-2011, 02:08 AM
If you want to piss someone off; that's the perfect song.
When I'M pissed off it's the perfect song for me.

wombat_714
26-04-2011, 02:22 AM
Sorry, but Execution Commentary is worse than Eternally Missed fo' sho.' As is IBTY.

They're not the worst songs though, that title belongs to Prague and NSC.

drawakangaroo
26-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Sorry, but Execution Commentary is worse than Eternally Missed fo' sho.' As is IBTY.

They're not the worst songs though, that title belongs to Prague and NSC.

Never heard Prague (I don't really want to, by the sounds of it :LOL:), and I can stand NSC more than Eternally Missed. Just my opinion.

Dee3Dee
26-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Eternally Missed > NSC.

No competition. At all.

Ryoma-kun
26-04-2011, 05:13 PM
NSC > Shitload of B-sides. And most of Hullabaloo Cd 1 actually too, except Shrinking Universe, Nature_1, Shine. Yes, I know they're B-sides aswell but I don't really count them in among the rest of them.

WutDaFucksy
26-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Pahahah.

LyraSilvertongue
26-04-2011, 05:17 PM
NSC > Shitload of B-sides. And most of Hullabaloo Cd 1 actually too, except Shrinking Universe, Nature_1, Shine. Yes, I know they're B-sides aswell but I don't really count them in among the rest of them.

:eek:
What about Recess and Yes Please? and Hyperchondriac Music? All way better than NSC.

Ryoma-kun
26-04-2011, 05:34 PM
:eek:
What about Recess and Yes Please? and Hyperchondriac Music? All way better than NSC.

Hm, HMC is better, but not Recess and Yes Please.

Dee3Dee
26-04-2011, 05:37 PM
NSC is not better than anything except Guiding Light and Prague.

Ryoma-kun
26-04-2011, 05:39 PM

I respect your opinions and I can very well understand why you think so but I've never had anything against really cheesy songs so I can enjoy NSC. But Matt vocals saves the song for me, I'm pretty sure that if anyone else had sung it I wouldn't have liked it.

Dee3Dee
26-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I respect your opinions and I can very well understand why you think so but I've never had anything against really cheesy songs so I can enjoy NSC. But Matt vocals saves the song for me, I'm pretty sure that if anyone else had sung it I wouldn't have liked it.

I don't have anything against cheesy songs either. I love IBTY and Endlessly, for instance. It's just that NSC is a lame copy of the drums in KoC with shit lyrics thrown on top. I love the vocals in it, but it's just too shit to be saved by good vocals.

Ryoma-kun
26-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't have anything against cheesy songs either. I love IBTY and Endlessly, for instance. It's just that NSC is a lame copy of the drums in KoC with shit lyrics thrown on top. I love the vocals in it, but it's just too shit to be saved by good vocals.

Lyrics are shit, not unlike many other Muse songs, but that has never really bothered me. It's kinda repetitive but it's catchy. However it's not like I want this song to be the recipe for future Muse songs but it's still nice regardless.

Light514
26-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Lyrics are shit, not unlike many other Muse songs, but that has never really bothered me. It's kinda repetitive but it's catchy. However it's not like I want this song to be the recipe for future Muse songs but it's still nice regardless.
I like IBTY and NSC is ok. Prague is awful.

drawakangaroo
26-04-2011, 09:18 PM

No. Guiding Light > NSC > some old B-sides and stuff. And I'm not saying NSC is better than Eternally Missed, I'm saying that it annoys me less than Eternally Missed. I realize that musically, it's better than NSC, but that doesn't make me like it.

muse2503
26-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I don't like Soldier's Poem, I always skip that one. It just doesn't match the awesomeness of the rest of the album :/ There's a few B-sides I probably don't like more but I haven't listened to all of them and I can't remember which one's which for some of them XD

MUSESTL
26-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I like IBTY and NSC is ok. Prague is awful.

If the bass wasn't so god damn loud it'd be fine

WutDaFucksy
26-04-2011, 10:54 PM
No. Guiding Light > NSC > some old B-sides and stuff. And I'm not saying NSC is better than Eternally Missed, I'm saying that it annoys me less than Eternally Missed. I realize that musically, it's better than NSC, but that doesn't make me like it.

Examples of said b-sides?

MUSESTL
27-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Examples of said b-sides?

Con-Science :vomit:

Riveon
27-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Con-Science :vomit:
Not that bad at all.

MUSESTL
27-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Not that bad at all.

Maybe the vomit was unnecessary but I think that's the only Muse song I really cannot listen to

Dee3Dee
27-04-2011, 06:19 AM

harrypottermegan
27-04-2011, 06:28 AM
In order of most shitty
Guiding Light > NSC > Prague

emperorhand
27-04-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't get the hate for Prague. They're going for a specific sound, very Showbiz-era in some aspects, and I think they pull it off. It's not anywhere near a best-of list, but it's better than a fair handful of their other B-sides.

NSC is a song of which I'd love to own an instrumental version. All of my hate for the song is reserved for that trite tripe Matt called the lyrics. But musically, it's interesting, propulsive, and has that piano outro I've loved for the past seven years.

If you want an example of a shit song, look no further than Exo-Politics. So much potential, completely wasted. Or Easily, a song which I think is one of Muse's most boring.

Riveon
27-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Hmm no, Easily > Exo Politics > NSC > Prague

Tjet
27-04-2011, 10:55 AM
So Easily is boring, but Prague isn't?

You make less sense than Matt Bellamy.

harrypottermegan
27-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Why do so many people hate Exo-Politics? I really like it....
Like I can understand people aren't all gonna like the same songs, I'm just wondering what reasons make it not well liked

Tjet
27-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Like I can understand people aren't all gonna like the same songs, I'm just wondering what reasons you don't like the song
Repetitive, slow and boring in every way.

The vocals are good at times though.

Riveon
27-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Timescale Keeper was good however.

Tjet
27-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Timescale Keeper had better vocals and more interesting guitar work.

emperorhand
27-04-2011, 11:58 AM
So Easily is boring, but Prague isn't?

You make less sense than Matt Bellamy.
I can't stand the instrumentation or the vocals; the damn thing feels like it goes on forever. To me, Prague is less boring (although not in any way a great song). *opinion*

miss_meadows
27-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Like I can understand people aren't all gonna like the same songs, I'm just wondering what reasons make it not well liked

"when the zetas fill the sky...":LOL: I don't really hate it (I reserve the hate for the really really bad kind of music) but I don't really like it either. It's boring and the lyrics are a little too out-of-this-world for me.

LyraSilvertongue
27-04-2011, 12:19 PM

It just kind of plods along. I find it dull and I always skip it (impatient to get to City of Delusion after it).

Dee3Dee
27-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I like Exo-Politics, the way it was performed at Wembley Arena 2006.

And Prague is the single most boring song ever. Even Guiding Light is a lot of fun compared to Prague.

Tom//P
27-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I like Exo-Politics, the way it was performed at Wembley Arena 2006.

And Prague is the single most boring song ever. Even Guiding Light is a lot of fun compared to Prague.

Yeah, I agree.

How anyone can say Exo-Politics is boring and dull is beyond me....

achichandra
29-04-2011, 12:33 AM
uugh soldiers poem, can't listen to it for more than a second

Riveon
29-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Incidentally, Guiding Light > NSC.

WutDaFucksy
29-04-2011, 04:44 AM
I don't get the hate for Prague. They're going for a specific sound, very Showbiz-era in some aspects, and I think they pull it off. It's not anywhere near a best-of list, but it's better than a fair handful of their other B-sides.
Since when was the Showbiz-era dull, boring, repetitive, useless dross? It's the most boring thing they've ever done! Guiding Light even has a section in it to attempt to break up the dross (the solo) and it doesn't even work! With Prague they didn't even bother trying to make it not so shit.

RayFan9876
29-04-2011, 06:46 AM
It just kind of plods along. I find it dull and I always skip it (impatient to get to City of Delusion after it).

Hai faive. :D

They
29-04-2011, 09:32 AM
uugh soldiers poem, can't listen to it for more than a second

Yes

How anyone can say Exo-Politics is boring and dull is beyond me....

Double Yes.

supernova14
03-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Clearly Execution Commentary, at least in my opinion.

MUSESTL
03-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Clearly Execution Commentary, at least in my opinion.

How is that clear? It's got very meaningful lyrics :p

They
03-05-2011, 06:26 AM
How is that clear? It's got very meaningful lyrics :p

It's an endless source of inspiration. A beauty that you cannot do justice with crude words.

Tana.M.D.ClovesMuse
04-05-2011, 07:06 PM
i don't think they have a worst song i'm serious i love all of their songs so ner they are an amazing band and play together beautifully and i listen to their songs before i go to sleep not because they are slow songs or anything but because i love the band so so much...

At first though i hated "UPRISING" and i also hated "SUPER MASSIVE BLACK HOLE" but then i listened to them again then again and again and i couldn't stop listening to them...but now my family except my sister hate muse.

P.S. "UPRISING was the first song i ever heard by them

WutDaFucksy
05-05-2011, 03:42 AM
i don't think they have a worst song i'm serious i love all of their songs so ner they are an amazing band and play together beautifully and i listen to their songs before i go to sleep not because they are slow songs or anything but because i love the band so so much...

At first though i hated "UPRISING" and i also hated "SUPER MASSIVE BLACK HOLE" but then i listened to them again then again and again and i couldn't stop listening to them...but now my family except my sister hate muse.

Lol.

MUSESTL
05-05-2011, 03:51 AM

:stunned::LOL:

raiabellamy
07-05-2011, 12:31 AM
I say it's "Unintended." I really really don't like that song. And I don't care that it was a single either.

eh, why?? thanks to Unintended, I knew muse and it was popular on radio in my country.

for me, the worst song is....Yes Please. I don't understand what matt's said..and the music is too noisy..

drawakangaroo
07-05-2011, 07:19 PM
for me, the worst song is....Yes Please. I don't understand what matt's said..and the music is too noisy..

Forgot about that one. Maybe not the worst, but it's definitely pretty dull and noisy. But it doesn't really matter too much whether you can understand him or not, I love some songs where I have absolutely no idea what the lyrics are.

LyraSilvertongue
07-05-2011, 11:49 PM
eh, why?? thanks to Unintended, I knew muse and it was popular on radio in my country.

Too noisy? :rolleyes:

raiabellamy
08-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Forgot about that one. Maybe not the worst, but it's definitely pretty dull and noisy. But it doesn't really matter too much whether you can understand him or not, I love some songs where I have absolutely no idea what the lyrics are.
yes, you right. so, i don't have the worst one. :LOL:

jackparker
08-05-2011, 10:47 AM
It's a hard one but probably Prague.

bard4209
10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
All this talk of people discovering Muse through Uprising and others saying that Yes Please is "Too noisy" has me in stitches.

MUSESTL
10-05-2011, 10:48 PM
All this talk of people discovering Muse through Uprising and others saying that Yes Please is "Too noisy" has me in stitches.

What's wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising? I sincerely hope you're not one of those people who think they're better than everyone else because they didn't discover Muse through a pop song

Tjet
11-05-2011, 07:24 AM
What's wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising? I sincerely hope you're not one of those people who think they're better than everyone else because they didn't discover Muse through a pop song
He didn't say it was anything wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising. I don't even think he implied it.

Espectro Cuatro
11-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Yes Please, Execution Commentary, Bedroom Acoustics, Jimmy Kane, Please Please Please...

These aren't just bad by Muse standards... they are completely, utterly, fucked beyond belief terrible.

LyraSilvertongue
11-05-2011, 08:15 AM
He didn't say it was anything wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising. I don't even think he implied it.

"Has me in stitches" certainly implies that he thinks there's something wrong with it.

Tjet
11-05-2011, 08:22 AM
"Has me in stitches" certainly implies that he thinks there's something wrong with it.
Something wrong with WHAT exactly? I'm saying that he doesn't imply that there's anything wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising, because that's not what he said.

I do find it very amusing when fans of the pop side of Muse calls the rockier side "noise".

I find it amusing in general when people call rock "noise". Or the people who says that Assassin is just "random banging on drums" just because they can't keep up.

LyraSilvertongue
11-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Something wrong with WHAT exactly? I'm saying that he doesn't imply that there's anything wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising, because that's not what he said.

I do find it very amusing when fans of the pop side of Muse calls the rockier side "noise".

I find it amusing in general when people call rock "noise". Or the people who says that Assassin is just "random banging on drums" just because they can't keep up.

Wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising. That's what his post implies.

Tjet
11-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising. That's what his post implies.
Indeed it does. I read his post as "All this talk of people discovering Muse through Uprising and saying that Yes Please is "Too noisy" has me in stitches." Goddamnit D:

LyraSilvertongue
11-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Indeed it does. I read his post as "All this talk of people discovering Muse through Uprising and saying that Yes Please is "Too noisy" has me in stitches." Goddamnit D:

The key word there was 'others' ;)

bard4209
11-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Of course there is nothing wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising, it's just really funny.

LyraSilvertongue
11-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Of course there is nothing wrong with discovering Muse through Uprising, it's just really funny.

But why?

Ryoma-kun
11-05-2011, 10:38 AM
I discovered Muse through Uprising. So what?

bard4209
11-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Seems an uphill battle discovering the rest of their discography after such a first impression. First impressions are important.

Ryoma-kun
11-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Seems an uphill battle discovering the rest of their discography after such a first impression. First impressions are important.

Uprising made a great first impression. First heard it on the radio knowing nothing about Muse. Then I heard Resistance on the radio and decided to look into this band and listened through The Resistance followed by a few older hits. Then I saw Muse was playing on Fuji Rock Festival during the same time as I was gonna be on vacation in Japan anyway so I decided to book tickets. When I saw them, I hadn't even heard TIRO, SS, MOTP etc before. After that gig, I was completely hooked ^^ For new listeners, I'm very sure the TR tour was a great success gaining alot of new fans.

LyraSilvertongue
11-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Uprising is a perfectly good song. It's far from their best but it is a good song.

Riveon
12-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Uprising is a perfectly good song. It's far from their best but it is a good song.
Yep. They know how to make an addictive single; I'm still not sick of it almost two years later.

jackparker
12-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Yep. They know how to make an addictive single; I'm still not sick of it almost two years later.

Me neither. I discovered Muse fully through Uprising too.

ultraviolet003
14-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Overdue is probably their worst song. I don't understand why so many people think unintended in the worst. Its different for them but its most certainly not bad.

drawakangaroo
14-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Overdue is probably their worst song. I don't understand why so many people think unintended in the worst. Its different for them but its most certainly not bad.

Meh, it's not that great, but it's a fun song.

the aurora
14-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Yes Please, Execution Commentary, Bedroom Acoustics, Jimmy Kane, Please Please Please...

These aren't just bad by Muse standards... they are completely, utterly, fucked beyond belief terrible.
Are you on crack?

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I'll have to go for The Small Print... it's a great song, but just not their style.
Their biggest mistake in my opinion.

Dee3Dee
15-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I'll have to go for The Small Print... it's a great song, but just not their style.

You mean a rock song isn't the style of a rock band?

That makes sense, I guess.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 12:35 PM
You mean a rock song isn't the style of a rock band?

That makes sense, I guess.

I just think its to simple and there is not much of variety in the song... which is way more found in other Muse songs. The whole song is in my opinion way to heavy recorded for Muse values.

And, to state that a rock song isnt the style of a rock band is absolutely ridiculous. For instance, Self Esteem by The Offspring is a rock song, and you just said Muse is a 'rock band', is a rock song which is totally not the style of Muse.

Linux
15-05-2011, 03:08 PM

If only all their "mistakes" were that great...

Tjet
15-05-2011, 03:27 PM
The Small Print is definitely something different for Muse in an aspect.

MUSESTL
15-05-2011, 04:05 PM

If it's a great song, how is it a mistake?

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 04:26 PM
If it's a great song, how is it a mistake?

I just think its to simple and there is not much of variety in the song... which is way more found in other Muse songs. The whole song is in my opinion way to heavy recorded for Muse values.

Here you go =]

Tjet
15-05-2011, 04:28 PM
What do you mean with too heavy recorded exactly?

This is a song from the same album as Stockholm Syndrome.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 04:50 PM
What do you mean with too heavy recorded exactly?

This is a song from the same album as Stockholm Syndrome.

Here is the link to a video of The Small Print;

0:42 - The heavy drum's; Dom slaps the hell out of them;
0:49 - The really low and almost metal-like riff... it sounds really good, but it's just not Muse's style I think :)

The whole song is pretty simple written, not like the more popular songs Citizen Erased, Uno, Butterflies and Hurricanes..

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 05:03 PM

0:49 - The really low and almost metal-like riff... it sounds really good, but it's just not Muse's style I think :)

The whole song is pretty simple written, not like the more popular songs Citizen Erased, Uno, Butterflies and Hurricanes..

Muse have recorded loads of heavy songs so to say it's not their style is pure nonsense.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Muse have recorded loads of heavy songs so to say it's not their style is pure nonsense.

Well, give me some examples of songs that have such heavy riffs etc. in it...

And I hope you don't mean the 'heavy' people can find songs like Uno or Citizen Erased, because those songs are heavy in another way.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Metal-like riffs like in Unnatural Selection, Assassin and New Born?

Uno isn't eaxctly the most complicated piece of music either. I do agree that it's very simple for Muse though.

MUSESTL
15-05-2011, 05:09 PM

And I hope you don't mean the 'heavy' people can find songs like Uno or Citizen Erased, because those songs are heavy in another way.

Dead Star, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, New Born, Unnatural Selection, Assassin, The Groove just off the top of my head

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Unnatural Selection, Stockholm Syndrome, Assassin, New Born, Citizen Erased(yes), Hyper Music, DEAD STAR.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Metal-like riffs like in Unnatural Selection, Assassin and New Born?

Uno isn't eaxctly the most complicated piece of music either. I do agree that it's very simple for Muse though.

Well, I must admit you have a point there, songs like Assassin yeah :)
But to me it's still a real different song than The Small Map =]

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, I must admit you have a point there, songs like Assassin yeah :)
But to me it's still a real different song than The Small Map =]
It's different, but your argument still fails ;) Heavy music is nothing new for Muse.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:14 PM
It's different, but your argument still fails ;) Heavy music is nothing new for Muse.

The Small Print main riff is one of the only riffs in Muse's discography which can truly be compared with real heavy songs, bands that make songs heavy on purpose.

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 05:16 PM
The Small Print main riff is one of the only riffs in Muse's discography which can truly be compared with real heavy songs, bands that make songs heavy on purpose.

So Muse made those songs heavy accidentally?

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:18 PM
So Muse make those songs heavy accidentally?

I don't state they do make them accidentaly, but if you look at their discography, the main stream of their music is not intended to be heavy. Not at all. There are some heavier songs, true, and Muse has made The Small Print a heavier song, probably on purpose. This doesn't mean that they do it 'accidentaly'.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-5SBGYIqik#t=06m20s

I'm guessing that you are referring to power chords?

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't state they do make them accidentaly, but if you look at their discography, the main stream of their music is not intended to be heavy. Not at all. There are some heavier songs, true, and Muse has made The Small Print a heavier song, probably on purpose. This doesn't mean that they do it 'accidentaly'.

What does ignanda ke mean?

Muse make all kinds of music. Heavy songs are one of the styles they've used since day one. So my original point still stands - the Small Print is not a departure for Muse.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-5SBGYIqik#t=06m20s

I'm guessing that you are referring to power chords?

Yeah, and just normal metal riffs.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah, and just normal metal riffs.
Which Muse still has in songs like Dead Star, Assassin, Stockholm Syndrome, Unnatural Selection etc. The Small Print is in no way heavier than for example Dead Star.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:28 PM
What does ignanda ke mean?

Muse make all kinds of music. Heavy songs are one of the styles they've used since day one. So my original point still stands - the Small Print is not a departure for Muse.

I respect your point, although you can't say that The Small Print is the same as other heavier songs from Muse. It does stand out in its riffs etc.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Which Muse still has in songs like Dead Star, Assassin, Stockholm Syndrome, Unnatural Selection etc. The Small Print is in no way heavier than for example Dead Star.

It is heavier in another way, the riffs from DEAD STAR and The Small Print are not comparable IMO :\

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I respect your point, although you can't say that The Small Print is the same as other heavier songs from Muse. It does stand out in its riffs etc.

Well no two Muse songs are the same so that argument is invalid too, I'm afraid.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Well no two Muse songs are the same so that argument is invalid too, I'm afraid.

No songs in the world aren't the same, so in your opinion you can't compare songs at all?
Starlight and Bliss are more comparable than The Small Print and any other Muse song..

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:37 PM
It is heavier in another way, the riffs from DEAD STAR and The Small Print are not comparable IMO :\
Do you actually know anything about guitar playing?

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Do you actually know anything about guitar playing?

Whaha dude I play guitar actively since my 6th, so for 10 years now acoustic, and 4 years electric..

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Whaha dude I play guitar actively since my 6th, so for 10 years now acoustic, and 4 years electric..
:LOL: Fair enough then.

I just don't see what makes TSP so different in any aspect. Especially not the drumming.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:43 PM
:LOL: Fair enough then.

I just don't see what makes TSP so different in any aspect. Especially not the drumming.

Okay, didn't mean no offense at all or something, just to get to my begin point; The Small Print is in my opinion the worst Muse song because it has been written more simple than other Muse songs and is in some way heavier than other Muse songs. Period. =']

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Okay, didn't mean no offense at all or something, just to get to my begin point; The Small Print is in my opinion the worst Muse song because it has been written more simple than other Muse songs and is in some way heavier than other Muse songs. Period. =']
Just another question then.

What's the problem with heavy music?

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Just another question then.

What's the problem with heavy music?

Check my Last.fm page... I really don't have a problem with heavy music, even like/love it...
But I just think it doesn't fit in Muse's arsenal of great songs... :)

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Check my Last.fm page... I really don't have a problem with heavy music, even like/love it...
But I just think it doesn't fit in Muse's arsenal of great songs... :)
"it" meaning The Small Print or songs that are heavy?

Because if you're referring to TSP, then the heaviness isn't the problem, the song is.

If you're referring to Muse just doing heavy songs, then I don't get you at all.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 05:56 PM
"it" meaning The Small Print or songs that are heavy?

Because if you're referring to TSP, then the heaviness isn't the problem, the song is.

If you're referring to Muse just doing heavy songs, then I don't get you at all.

I, Laurens, am less satisfied with the type of heaviness in the song The Small Print by Muse, than other songs, also their other heavier songs, from Muse.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I, Laurens, am less satisfied with the type of heaviness in the song The Small Print by Muse, than other songs, also their other heavier songs, from Muse.
So now it isn't about it being too heavy, it is about being the wrong type of heavy?

And so, the problem isn't about HOW heavy it is.

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Laurens, you make no sense.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 06:01 PM

With this, I meant with 'style' their use of heavyness with guitars and how the song has been written.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Laurens, you make no sense.

Based on? Fanboy of Sippe?

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Based on? Fanboy of Sippe?

What?

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 06:04 PM
What?

You said I made no sense, based on?

Well, I just took a look at Sippe's page... says enough for me.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:04 PM
With this, I meant with 'style' their use of heavyness with guitars and how the song has been written.
:LOL: you do realise that the only thing you are saying is that "TSP is a heavy song, and I don't like it".

Your arguments don't actually say anything about it being too heavy, which you yourself stated. So what are we even arguing about?

Oh right, the fact that you DID call it too heavy a few pages ago.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:05 PM

What page?

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:05 PM

1. I'm not a boy

2. what has this got to do with him? I'm saying you make no sense, based on your arguments in this thread.
:rolleyes:

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 06:06 PM
:LOL: you do realise that the only thing you are saying is that "TSP is a heavy song, and I don't like it".

Your arguments don't actually say anything about it being too heavy, which you yourself stated. So what are we even arguing about?

Oh right, the fact that you DID call it too heavy a few pages ago.

I like the song less because it is recorded and written in different way of playing (IMO 'heavy'), than other Muse songs. That's why I like it less. Clear?

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:07 PM
What page?

Your visitor messages, obv.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Let me break this down for you so you understand.

You - "TSP is too heavy, it's not Muse's style"
Us - "TSP is not even their heaviest songs, all of these are heavier"
You - "TSP isn't the heaviest, and I like some of their heavier songs. I just don't like TSP"

Do you see our problem?

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:09 PM
I like the song less because it is recorded and written in different way of playing (IMO 'heavy'), than other Muse songs. That's why I like it less. Clear?
But you just said that you like some of the songs that are even heavier, so I still don't see why the heavyness even matters.

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Let me break this down for you so you understand.

You - "TSP is too heavy, it's not Muse's style"
Us - "TSP is not even their heaviest songs, all of these are heavier"
You - "TSP isn't the heaviest, and I like some of their heavier songs. I just don't like TSP"

Do you see our problem?

I didn't say I don't like The Small Print, I told you guys that I like the type of heaviness less than heaviness used in other Muse songs.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Your visitor messages, obv.
oooh, I thought she was talking about ME being a fan boy. I get it now :LOL:

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 06:10 PM
But you just said that you like some of the songs that are even heavier, so I still don't see why the heavyness even matters.

I've said many times that IMO they use different types of heaviness.

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:11 PM

No, apparently I'm your fanboy :rolleyes::LOL::stunned:

Tjet
way to heavy recorded for Muse values.
Way too heavy, but still you talk about liking the songs you admitted as being even heavier?

Laurens..

By the way I'm a boy, thanks (A)

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I've said many times that IMO they use different types of heaviness.
YES, and therefore HOW heavy it is doesn't matter, what are you not getting?

LyraSilvertongue
By the way I'm a boy, thanks (A)

But Lauren is a girl's name...

Laurens..
Way too heavy, but still you talk about liking the songs you admitted as being even heavier?

Again, as I stated before, I mean the TYPE of heaviness.. -.-

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 06:13 PM
But Lauren is a girl's name...

I still see the 's' behind my name, I'm dutch.

apples
15-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Unnatural Selection, Stockholm Syndrome, Assassin, New Born, Citizen Erased(yes), Hyper Music, DEAD STAR.

Those are some of the best MUSE songs I think you will find :p

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Again, as I stated before, I mean the TYPE of heaviness.. -.-
What type is this exactly? Can you be a bit more specific?

Are you referring to genres? Type of guitar playing? Or just simply the way it was produced?

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I still see the 's' behind my name, I'm dutch.

Oh, I see.

This is quite an argument you've got into on your first day on the board. Welcome :D

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:15 PM

Muse, not MUSE.

Tjet
Muse, not MUSE.

And yes, I agree.

EDIT: Damnit, too late.

Laurens..
What type is this exactly? Can you be a bit more specific?

Are you referring to genres? Type of guitar playing? Or just simply the way it was produced?

Simply the way it sounds, which is created by how it is recorded and how it is played.

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Muse, not MUSE.

And yes, I agree.

EDIT: Damnit, too late.

Word for word :LOL:

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:18 PM
And also, I have 1300 visitor messages, only 400 are from Lyra :phu:

Laurens..
I must admit I this is the first forum I've seen where people are using good arguments... (mostly) (sometimes except for me ^^) (yes I admit it)

LyraSilvertongue
And also, I have 1300 visitor messages, only 400 are from Lyra :phu:

Only 400 :$

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I must admit I this is the first forum I've seen where people are using good arguments... (mostly) (sometimes except for me ^^) (yes I admit it)

If you're after a good argument, this is the place to be. And you've met our most argumentative member.

Tjet
Gotta love the three brackets in a row :LOL:

Laurens..
If you're after a good argument, this is the place to be. And you've met our most argumentative member.

Nice to meet you girl(s)? :)

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Nice to meet you too.

Dee3Dee
15-05-2011, 06:21 PM
This just makes no sense at all. I saw this immediately after Laurens first response to my post, and I decided not to get involved.

I'm clever.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:22 PM
This just makes no sense at all. I saw this immediately after Laurens first response to my post, and I decided not to get involved.

I'm clever.
It's total nonsense :LOL:

But it's what I do best.

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:22 PM

I am girl, singular.

Sippe is a boy.

Nice to meet you too.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Sippe is a boy.
FFS!

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:24 PM
FFS!

What? You want him to think you're a girl?

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:25 PM
What? You want him to think you're a girl?
Yes, how else am I supposed to get inside his pants?

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Yes, how else am I supposed to get inside his pants?

He's too young for you anyway.

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:26 PM
16 is legal here. :phu:

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:26 PM
16 is legal here. :phu:

Ok, he's barely legal.

You're a sexual predator :phu:

MUSESTL
15-05-2011, 06:30 PM
You've scared him off

Tjet
15-05-2011, 06:31 PM
You've scared him off
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Kip----Yesss--napoleon-dynamite-387390_200_270.gif

LyraSilvertongue
15-05-2011, 06:32 PM
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Laurens..
15-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Hmm... ^^

MUSESTL
15-05-2011, 06:35 PM
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Kip----Yesss--napoleon-dynamite-387390_200_270.gif

:LOL:

Kyonkichi
23-05-2011, 07:02 AM

Agree with the first two...but you did not just say that Jimmy Kane is terrible. Jimmy Kane is fucking awesome.

MartinSM
23-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Think you've missed the point (and awesome genious) of Execution Commentarry. It's from the point of view of someone being executed. You'd hardly have coherent thoughts if you were about to be killed, would you? And the riff is just epic.:LOL:

EllaB
26-05-2011, 03:00 AM
NSC, for sure. Although personally I can't stand Ruled by Secrecy (waits for flying tomatoes) but I can understand why others might like it.

drawakangaroo
26-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Although personally I can't stand Ruled by Secrecy

What.

MartinSM
27-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Got to say NSC for sure. Those piano and guitar parts are wasted on that song. At first I didn't mind it in a fun but silly way, but once the novelty wears off there's nothing but disgusting cheese and overblown pretentious nonesense. Glad it disapeared as quickly as it appeared.

LyraSilvertongue
27-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Got to say NSC for sure. Those piano and guitar parts are wasted on that song. At first I didn't mind it in a fun but silly way, but once the novelty wears off there's nothing but disgusting cheese and overblown pretentious nonesense. Glad it disapeared as quickly as it appeared.

This.

Ryoma-kun
27-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Although personally I can't stand Ruled by Secrecy

Blasphemy! Aren't there rules against this?

Dee3Dee
28-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Blasphemy! Aren't there rules against this?

There should be.

Phillinator
28-05-2011, 02:56 PM
That's a tough one, considering I love every song Muse has put out... But I'm gonna have to go with Prague, even though it's just a cover.

WutDaFucksy
28-05-2011, 03:05 PM
If someone actually thinks that Ruled by Secrecy is Muse's worst song I would personally make them a CD of songs like Neutron Star Collision, Guiding Light and Prague and play them on repeat...

Pig Man
01-06-2011, 11:04 PM
For some reason, I've been on a Muse binge despite hating them in the past (I joined these boards because a friend forced me to and to talk about Radiohead :LOL:), but I've reached a point where Guiding Light isn't that bad! However, it is their worst song.

EllaB
02-06-2011, 08:10 PM
If someone actually thinks that Ruled by Secrecy is Muse's worst song I would personally make them a CD of songs like Neutron Star Collision, Guiding Light and Prague and play them on repeat...

Damn, okay...okay. I'm going to go listen to it on repeat right now and see if it changes my mind. I think it takes too long to get going...I'm totally ADD with my music.

I'll totally admit if I'm wrong. ::grabs Absolution::

MUSEirik
03-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Forced In :noey:

Or Sober. They're both even worse than Guiding Light and Ovedue (Which I kinda like).

Clom
03-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Forced In :noey:

Or Sober. They're both even worse than Guiding Light and Ovedue (Which I kinda like).

Forced In is very good. :eek:

MUSEirik
03-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Forced In is very good. :eek:

Forced In makes me cringe.

QubiQ
05-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Forced In makes me cringe.

Ah why? It's not one of my favourite Muse songs, but I wouldn't call it their worst, either.

MUSEirik
05-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Ah why? It's not one of my favourite Muse songs, but I wouldn't call it their worst, either.

The instrumental is boring and the vocals are disturbing :LOL:

Rafn
05-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I've never really liked Micro Cuts.. it's just too much. The way Matt sings the chorus ruins it for me. I like the last minute of the song though.

Maybe I'll end up changing my mind if they play it at Reading...

Dee3Dee
05-06-2011, 11:56 PM
I've never really liked Micro Cuts.. it's just too much. The way Matt sings the chorus ruins it for me. I like the last minute of the song though.

Maybe I'll end up changing my mind if they play it at Reading...

This is purely offensive and worthy of an infraction.

LyraSilvertongue
06-06-2011, 12:05 AM

futurellama
06-06-2011, 12:50 AM

Loath as I am to agree with you... I agree with you. Micro Cuts is Muse's best song.

Pig Man
06-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Loath as I am to agree with you... I agree with you. Micro Cuts is Muse's best song.

I think it's tied with the entire Exogenesis, to be honest *flame shield*

MUSESTL
06-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I think it's tied with the entire Exogenesis, to be honest *flame shield*

Why would you be flamed over that?

Pig Man
06-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Why would you be flamed over that?

You don't know Stephen :LOL:

MUSESTL
06-06-2011, 01:36 AM
You don't know Stephen :LOL:

:LOL: No I don't

Rafn
06-06-2011, 09:46 AM

Whoa, that bad huh? :LOL:

*mumbles something about hands red with blame...*

Edit: Great, now the song has been stuck in my head most of the day. Thanks Muse board nemesis

BLlSS
06-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Fury

LyraSilvertongue
06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Fury

Sorry, I think you may be lost. This thread is for the WORST Muse song.

Riveon
06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Fury
http://amphora.cias.rit.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/trololol.jpg

bard4209
06-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Creep

MUSESTL
06-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Sorry, I think you may be lost. This thread is for the WORST Muse song.

drawakangaroo
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Fury

No, this person should get banned. This is totally unacceptable behavior.

OUTTA-TIME
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I adore Fury, how can people think it's bad? :(

Dominic.
06-06-2011, 03:08 PM
The instrumental is boring and the vocals are disturbing :LOL:
Part of the reason it's so good

Rafn
06-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I adore Fury, how can people think it's bad? :(

Fury is badass!

Dominic.
06-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Fury is fantastic, and Micro Cuts is brilliant.

Micro cuts Earls Court 2004 > Hullabaloo > HAARP > most other songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dToL8Y9clY&feature=related

Palm muted chorus is beefy

OUTTA-TIME
06-06-2011, 08:34 PM

:yesey: And I love how Matt slows the riff as he nears the end of the song.

Luigi.
07-06-2011, 03:33 AM

:yesey:
Best MC outro.

TheMuseEffect
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I absolutely HATE Coma. That's the worst song they've ever made. Period.
Unintended is pretty annoying too, but hey we all fall in love sometimes?

Jake123557
07-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it's Please Please Please let Me Get What I Want that's worst. not because they did it bad, but because the song sucks.

Except for that I like all the Muse-Songs.

MUSEirik
07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I absolutely HATE Coma. That's the worst song they've ever made. Period.
Unintended is pretty annoying too, but hey we all fall in love sometimes?

:eek: I love Coma!

miss_meadows
07-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I think it's Please Please Please let Me Get What I Want that's worst. not because they did it bad, but because the song sucks.

Except for that I like all the Muse-Songs.

:eek: No, the original is alright! (but the cover version :( )

LyraSilvertongue
07-06-2011, 03:50 PM
:eek: No, the original is alright! (but the cover version :( )

I actually prefer the Muse version.

miss_meadows
07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I actually prefer the Muse version.

:stunned:

I can't really say what exactly it is that I don't like about the Muse version, somehow it just doesn't do anything for me. The original seems much more emotional, I think. I really like the song and it was just perfect in "This is England".

LyraSilvertongue
07-06-2011, 06:42 PM
:stunned:

I can't really say what exactly it is that I don't like about the Muse version, somehow it just doesn't do anything for me. The original seems much more emotional, I think. I really like the song and it was just perfect in "This is England".

Maybe because I wasn't a big fan of the original in the first place. The Muse version gives it that something that was missing. Actually there are a few Muse covers that I like better than the originals, Feeling Good and House of the Rising Sun being two.

miss_meadows
07-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Actually there are a few Muse covers that I like better than the originals, Feeling Good and House of the Rising Sun being two.

Now you're talking sense again.:D I'd add Can't take my eyes off you. But then I'm not sure if I even know the original of that one.:LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
07-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Now you're talking sense again.:D I'd add Can't take my eyes off you. But then I'm not sure if I even know the original of that one.:LOL:

This is the version I'm most familiar with. You'll probably get 'not available in your country' but I'll post it anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkRakKjrP6U

MUSESTL
07-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1j1RRWcYSg

Sorry that I'm too lazy to embed videos :rolleyes:

Espectro Cuatro
07-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Sorry that I'm too lazy to embed videos :rolleyes:

Ctrl+V

muse2503
07-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't really like Yes Please, I don't listen to it much

reshef
08-06-2011, 01:32 PM
maybe the worst song it`s
supper massive
but the first time you heard it xD

PlugInFuckingBaby
08-06-2011, 03:29 PM
NSC is worst but I also think SMBH could be it....The first time I heard it I liked it, but in comparison to to others...