PDA

View Full Version : Worst Muse song ever?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

pwoper muser
27-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I love unintended...

Worst song? probably something off 'Absolution'... Endelssly, maybe... Haven't heard the full album in a while... :unsure:

well been fair it was chris' first attempt at his own album, so it could possibly be in the absolution album. . . definitely not hysteria though, that i beleive is my favourite from absolution :p

agenthal
27-12-2010, 11:18 AM
The only bad song on Absolution is Time Is Running Out. Everything else on that album is pretty much amazing.

I wouldn't mind if they dropped TIRO. I like it, but it's probably my least favorite out of the big radio hits.

Tjet
27-12-2010, 12:11 PM
well been fair it was chris' first attempt at his own album, so it could possibly be in the absolution album. . . definitely not hysteria though, that i beleive is my favourite from absolution :p
eh, what? :p

Dee3Dee
27-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't mind if they dropped TIRO. I like it, but it's probably my least favorite out of the big radio hits.

Exactly. It's not really a great live track either.

Raiko
27-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Time is Running Out is great live. It's as if it were written for the live performance. It gets everyone singing along! It's Muse's equivalent of We Will Rock You.

Dee3Dee
27-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Time is Running Out is great live. It's as if it were written for the live performance. It gets everyone singing along! It's Muse's equivalent of We Will Rock You.

Yeaaaah....no.

Tjet
27-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeaaaah....no.
TIRO is one of their best live songs, no matter what YOU think of it :p

Dee3Dee
27-12-2010, 02:43 PM

You disappoint me once more, Sippe! What has become of you?! :eek::eek::eek:

Linux
27-12-2010, 05:52 PM
It gets everyone singing along!

That's right. First 'Bury it..' part singing by crowd and then the chorus = truly epic.

WutDaFucksy
27-12-2010, 06:23 PM
The chorus was designed perfectly for jumping around! I think its good fun live but I wouldnt miss it

LyraSilvertongue
27-12-2010, 07:43 PM

I agree. It's great fun live if you're standing and can jump around.

Tjet
27-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I agree. It's great fun live if you're standing and can jump around.
I don't particularly care for the song, never have. But you can't deny that it does a great job live with the crowd.

DJF
28-12-2010, 12:00 PM
NSC is a very strong contender. It's just rubbish.

ElliottRoaryB
28-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I never new there was so much hatred towards TIRO. I find the vast majority of their stuff really good, and amazingly wrote. But if I had to say, I never really like United Stated of Eurasia.

jkrawcke224
29-12-2010, 06:24 AM
I never new there was so much hatred towards TIRO. I find the vast majority of their stuff really good, and amazingly wrote. But if I had to say, I never really like United Stated of Eurasia.

Wut.

To each their own, but USoE might be one of my favorites. So, so so so good.
I really love TIRO as well. Don't know why there's so much hate :/

agenthal
29-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Not hate, just if I had to choose a setlist, TIRO would be one I'd be less likely to choose.

Korni
29-12-2010, 10:24 AM
haters gonna hate.

STARLIGHT FTW

Travis III
29-12-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't get the hate for TIRO either. Maybe because it's the closest thing on Abso to a radio friendly pop rock song. IDK.

PlugInFuckingBaby
30-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Wut.

To each their own, but USoE might be one of my favorites. So, so so so good.
I really love TIRO as well. Don't know why there's so much hate :/

I really like TIRO i'm not sure why people here seem to think it's bad? It's one of my faves..Among the worst are NSC and USoE.
I love Muse and all but that song is one of the main reasons why i didn't like The Resistance as much as all of their other albums. The singing is beautiful as usual, and so is the piano. The song is just fine until the lyrics "why split these states when there can be only one?" after that it's just complete rubbish... Eurasia? Europe and Asia, i suppose. Eura SIA, SIA, SIA. Matt, I know you are a god but just :facepalm:

mariawoods
30-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Micro-surgery is only one I can think of. But even if Bellamy is said to not work very well indeed, tried to falsetto for the first time and did not work. But even if it is a bad song, is what made him want to try again, and is a super-massive black hole song became so bad even if they manage to do more ..

agenthal
30-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Micro-surgery is only one I can think of.

Wut? Do you mean Micro Cuts? And even still :eek:

Tjet
30-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Wut? Do you mean Micro Cuts? And even still :eek:
It's a bot.

agenthal
30-12-2010, 11:46 AM
It's a bot.

Yeah obviously :LOL:

Travis III
30-12-2010, 11:34 PM
The song is just fine until the lyrics "why split these states when there can be only one?" after that it's just complete rubbish... Eurasia? Europe and Asia, i suppose. Eura SIA, SIA, SIA. Matt, I know you are a god but just :facepalm:
It's a great song providing you don't take it seriously. Which it wasn't intended to be in the first place.

_escape
04-01-2011, 04:07 PM
The worst in my opinion is "I Belong To You".

The first time I listened it I really found it hard to believe it was Muse. It is not up to them.
Lyrics are not so meaningful and that catchy tune is just irritating.
Except for "Mon Coeur S'Ouvre a Ta Voix", I really don't like it. u_u

(sorry for my bad english, but I'm Italian ^^")

PlugInFuckingBaby
05-01-2011, 01:11 AM
The worst in my opinion is "I Belong To You".

The first time I listened it I really found it hard to believe it was Muse. It is not up to them.
Lyrics are not so meaningful and that catchy tune is just irritating.
Except for "Mon Coeur S'Ouvre a Ta Voix", I really don't like it. u_u

I don't think it was that terrible but i agree it's not one of their best. I never liked Super massive Black Hole, Neutron Star Collision, or I Belong To You that much. It's as if they purposefully put their worst songs in Twilight or something... I dont dislike them for that reason, though. The lyrics of them all are just :facepalm: I don't care if SMBH was on Black Holes& Revelations, either way I refuse to like the song.:phu:

InvincibleBliss
05-01-2011, 02:05 AM
I don't think it was that terrible but i agree it's not one of their best. I never liked Super massive Black Hole, Neutron Star Collision, or I Belong To You that much. It's as if they purposefully put their worst songs in Twilight or something... I dont dislike them for that reason, though. The lyrics of them all are just :facepalm: I don't care if SMBH was on Black Holes& Revelations, either way I refuse to like the song.:phu:

I NEVER thought of it that way (referring to the part where you mentioned that they might be purposefully putting their worst songs in Twilight). You make a valid point!

Dee3Dee
05-01-2011, 10:29 AM

If that were true then we would have seen Guiding Light in the movie, not IBTY.

Your argument is invalid.

PlugInFuckingBaby
05-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I NEVER thought of it that way (referring to the part where you mentioned that they might be purposefully putting their worst songs in Twilight). You make a valid point!

yeah, see i have nothing against twilight at all just that all the ones i don't like have been in it...

PlugInFuckingBaby
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM

IBTY wasn't as bad as SMBH or NSC, but I just never liked it as much as the other Muse songs... Yes, Guiding Light is one of their worst, probly should be put in Twilight..Maybe it will be Edward&Bella's sex song.

xxatlowxx
07-01-2011, 08:58 PM

In my opinion IBTY > GL.

Tjet
07-01-2011, 09:06 PM
In my opinion IBTY > GL.
Just so you know, that's what he said.

Dave
08-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Fuck you motherfucker.
Terrible singing, terrible playing. Its an abortion of a song

newbornfml
08-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Jimmy Kane
MK Ultra omg I cannot listen to that song for the life of me.

KarinaMuse
08-01-2011, 03:44 AM
What the fuck. This is the worst thread ever.

KarinaMuse
08-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Muse fans are muse fans, but how the fuck can you call yourself one if you hate every one of their songs?

Tjet
08-01-2011, 03:47 AM
What the fuck. This is the worst thread ever.

Muse fans are muse fans, but how the fuck can you call yourself one if you hate every one of their songs?
Shut up.

KarinaMuse
08-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Shut the fuck up '''''''''''''''''''muse fans'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:12 AM
trolololol

KarinaMuse
08-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Shut up.

How about NO ''''''''''Muse fan''''''''''''''''

Frakkles
08-01-2011, 04:14 AM
How about NO ''''''''''Muse fan''''''''''''''''

They see me trolling, they hating, I'm trolling and they tryna to catch me nice and early!

KarinaMuse
08-01-2011, 04:16 AM
lol

Mizutsu
08-01-2011, 04:18 AM
Shut up.

They can have an opinion, lmao. And you get mad when a muser tells you off. Grow up.

KarinaMuse
08-01-2011, 04:18 AM
They see me trolling, they hating, I'm trolling and they tryna to catch me nice and early!

wait, LOOL I think I just followed you on Twitter Im @KarinaErased

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:20 AM
They can have an opinion, lmao. And you get mad when a muser tells you off. Grow up.
You don't realize the difference between an opinion and being a cunt because you can't accept that others have different opinions?

People will not like everything by Muse. If you can't accept that, I WILL tell you to shut up, okay? :)

Frakkles
08-01-2011, 04:21 AM

:LOL: Muse fans never fail to aMUSE me. (I love doing that. :LOL:)

wait, LOOL I think I just followed you on Twitter Im @KarinaErased

Yup, you did.

Mizutsu
08-01-2011, 04:25 AM
You don't realize the difference between an opinion and being a cunt because you can't accept that others have different opinions?

People will not like everything by Muse. If you can't accept that, I WILL tell you to shut up, okay? :)

No, I do accept that people have different opinions. You can't accept that this person's opinions are radical, therefore are jumping to the conclusion that OH wait for it, they must be a cunt! Because you are the chief justice of determining who are cunts!
And when did I ever say that I didn't accept that people don't like all of Muse's work? There you are, jumping to fucking conclusions again.

KarinaMuse
08-01-2011, 04:28 AM
No, I do accept that people have different opinions. You can't accept that this person's opinions are radical, therefore are jumping to the conclusion that OH wait for it, they must be a cunt! Because you are the chief justice of determining who are cunts!
And when did I ever say that I didn't accept that people don't like all of Muse's work? There you are, jumping to fucking conclusions again.

Thank you

Frakkles
08-01-2011, 04:29 AM

How can you even ARGUE if you can't do that? :LOL:

Oh and Christmas was last month.

/justsaying

KarinaMuse
08-01-2011, 04:29 AM

lol

Mizutsu
08-01-2011, 04:31 AM
How can you even ARGUE if you can't do that? :LOL:

Oh and Christmas was last month.

/justsaying

I said I can.
And thanks, haven't gotten around to changing my icons.

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:31 AM
:LOL: "you" was not aimed at you specifically. It was just a way of making a simple point against the people I disagree with.

If I get told to shut the fuck up because I dislike a Muse song, I WILL call you whatever the hell I want, because then you don't deserve my respect. And now, to make this understandable to you, I am NOT saying that you said any of those things, okay?

Frakkles
08-01-2011, 04:35 AM
I said I can.
And thanks, haven't gotten around to changing my icons.

Oh, well if that's the case, I guess he can call whoever wants a cunt.

I guess that ends this argument.

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:38 AM
I find it funny that someone tells people to shut up because they have an opinion that she doesn't like.

I tell this person to shut up. I get told to shut up because I'm being immature. olololol

Mizutsu
08-01-2011, 04:41 AM
:LOL: "you" was not aimed at you specifically. It was just a way of making a simple point against the people I disagree with.

If I get told to shut the fuck up because I dislike a Muse song, I WILL call you whatever the hell I want, because then you don't deserve my respect. And now, to make this understandable to you, I am NOT saying that you said any of those things, okay?

So you're stooping yourself to their level because of their immaturity/insanity/cuntiness or whatever the hell you call it? Is your respect worth having if you treat people like shit because they swore at you? You don't think twice to not just bash, but make shit of others' opinions that aren't like yours, for example, if they fancy a song you don't. It's gotten to the point where I've stopped just letting it go because it just makes me really, really angry.

Frakkles
08-01-2011, 04:42 AM
So you're stooping yourself to their level because of their immaturity/insanity/cuntiness or whatever the hell you call it? Is your respect worth having if you treat people like shit because they swore at you? You don't think twice to not just bash, but make shit of others' opinions that aren't like yours, for example, if they fancy a song you don't. It's gotten to the point where I've stopped just letting it go because it just makes me really, really angry.

So he has to keep his opinion to himself because it's not the same as another persons. There is such a thing as freedom of speech.

Mizutsu
08-01-2011, 04:43 AM
I find it funny that someone tells people to shut up because they have an opinion that she doesn't like.

I tell this person to shut up. I get told to shut up because I'm being immature. olololol

I'm just trying to help someone out who clearly can't fend for themselves. By now, I should be used to you people laughing at me for that kind of thing.

Mizutsu
08-01-2011, 04:45 AM
So he has to keep his opinion to himself because it's not the same as another persons. There is such a thing as freedom of speech.

But wait! You don't realize the difference between an opinion and being a cunt because you can't accept that others have different opinions?

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:47 AM
You really have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.

1. To be honest, I couldn't give a fuck if I bash an idiot for being an idiot.
2. The swearing isn't really the point. It's their ignorant comments about how "you can't dislike this".
3. "but make shit of others' opinions that aren't like yours, for example, if they fancy a song you don't." Are you talking about me? Because if not, I have no idea why you even bring it up right now.

If you do, then you should really read some more instead of just seeing me as a part of a group that does these things. :) I have nothing against people who like this or like that. I have a problem with people who can't accept that people like this or that.

Frakkles
08-01-2011, 04:47 AM
But wait! You don't realize the difference between an opinion and being a cunt because you can't accept that others have different opinions?

I can though, that's the difference. :LOL:

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm just trying to help someone out who clearly can't fend for themselves. By now, I should be used to you people laughing at me for that kind of thing.
What are you defending really? That some person gets shit for being immature and calling other people idiots for their opinions?

I want you to defend me right now then. Against you.

Ahkmed
08-01-2011, 04:49 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Bydq7ft6Jhc/TF7909g-mnI/AAAAAAAAADk/fzKKdKJ6F78/s320/trollface.gif
Problem?

Mizutsu
08-01-2011, 04:52 AM
You really have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.

1. To be honest, I couldn't give a fuck if I bash an idiot for being an idiot.
2. The swearing isn't really the point. It's their ignorant comments about how "you can't dislike this".
3. "but make shit of others' opinions that aren't like yours, for example, if they fancy a song you don't." Are you talking about me? Because if not, I have no idea why you even bring it up right now.

If you do, then you should really read some more instead of just seeing me as a part of a group that does these things. :) I have nothing against people who like this or like that. I have a problem with people who can't accept that people like this or that.

Well, if I clearly am illiterate and delusional then there's no point in reading whatever you wrote. Thanks for at least taking in consideration what I was trying to fucking say. And if you didn't catch the sarcasm.

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:53 AM
And people wonder why I won favourite muser.

Frakkles
08-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Well, if I clearly am illiterate and delusional then there's no point in reading whatever you wrote. Thanks for at least taking in consideration what I was trying to fucking say. And if you didn't catch the sarcasm.

And where exactly did he say this? :erm:

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:54 AM
And where exactly did he say this? :erm:
She is illiterate and delusional.

Right there ^

Ahkmed
08-01-2011, 04:54 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/nvpd1g.gif
Oh no you didn't!

Frakkles
08-01-2011, 04:55 AM
She is illiterate and delusional.

Right there ^

:LOL:

Well, if the cap fits. :LOL:

Tjet
08-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Sarcasm is hard to catch when all the arguments are equally stupid.

bruce57
08-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard
:LOL: i know right? But your avatar can go fuck himself.

MUSESTL
08-01-2011, 06:55 AM
:LOL: i know right? But your avatar can go fuck himself.

:mad: :LOL:

Not a Jets fan I take it?

Dee3Dee
08-01-2011, 09:14 AM
The last three or so pages made me lol.

WutDaFucksy
08-01-2011, 11:48 AM
What a terrible troll that girl was.

Ummmm still Pink Ego Box for me

xxatlowxx
08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
:srsb33f::srsb33f::srsb33f::srsb33f::srsb33f:

bruce57
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
:mad: :LOL:

Not a Jets fan I take it?
Patriots fan actually :p

donmorgan
08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Shut up.

donmorgan
08-01-2011, 08:54 PM
The last three or so pages made me lol.

this....
:LOL::LOL:

NinaStarlight
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Last few pages are hilarious!

Guiding Light... Oh God, just Guiding Light. It distresses me with its shiteness. Plus it's basically a half-arsed cover of Vienna by Ultravox, a much better song.:p

Meep
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
srs bsns this internet.

Grace_Bliss
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Neutron Star Collision. i can't actually listen to it without cringing.

NinaStarlight
08-01-2011, 09:03 PM
srs bsns this internet.

http://www.guitarforworship.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Someone-is-Wrong-on-the-Internet.jpg

Tjet
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.guitarforworship.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Someone-is-Wrong-on-the-Internet.jpg
<3

donmorgan
08-01-2011, 09:50 PM

:LOL::LOL:.......this is so true of this forum....superb....:LOL::LOL:

MUSESTL
09-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Patriots fan actually :p

:LOL: that would make sense. As much as I hate you guys, gotta hand it to ya, you look like you're headed for the Superbowl. I just want the Jets to beat the Colts

troymellor
10-01-2011, 01:52 PM
even though it was voted the best cover ever

one song i always skip cause i cannot stand it

is

feeling good

cannot stand it

Dillyracer
10-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Actually, after totally ignoring Feeling Good for more than a year, it has become quite likeable again for me.

Just dropped in to say I still hate NSC. Goddamn it's cringeworthy.

troymellor
10-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Actually, after totally ignoring Feeling Good for more than a year, it has become quite likeable again for me.

its alright

you'll like NSC in about 6 months

PlugInFuckingBaby
10-01-2011, 10:46 PM

I never payed much attention to Feeling Good but it came a fave of mine one day... My ipod was on shuffle and then Feeling Good and i said "what is this strange Muse song?" "oh, feeling good. LOVE it!"
But i agree. NSC is just :facepalm:

Gohenko
11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
For me there is not a worst song, there are only bad songs that I don't like, such as NSC and soldier's poem. But often when I hate a song I still want to listen to them sometimes. So I don't think there is a Muse song that I would never want to listen. Maybe seldom, but not never.

...That was weird...:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Museyy
11-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I absolutely LOVE muse and there isn't a song that I actually dislike, but the songs I like the least are probably con-science but definitely not NSC, its massively underrated. Its fun to play on drums, the piano parts are great. Ok, its not their best, perhaps not even in their top 20 either, but it isnt their worst in my opinion.

Gohenko
11-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I absolutely LOVE muse and there isn't a song that I actually dislike, but the songs I like the least are probably con-science but definitely not NSC, its massively underrated. Its fun to play on drums, the piano parts are great. Ok, its not their best, perhaps not even in their top 20 either, but it isnt their worst in my opinion.

Well, I think that the main reason why people hate NSC is because it is in Twilight, and basically only a few Musers like Twilight (I don't). That is perhaps also my main reason, second reason is that I don't like the lyrics that much, they're too non-Muse in my opinion

Max
11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Neutron Star Collision is just weak - Twilight association or not.

Museyy
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
People go on and on and on about twilight, and also justin bieber too (not necessarily on this forum) I just wish people would forget about them.

Dee3Dee
11-01-2011, 04:13 PM
People go on and on and on about twilight, and also justin bieber too (not necessarily on this forum) I just wish people would forget about them.

It's hard to forget about something that's all up in your face.

JoMUSE16
11-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Atm, it's still Megalomania, i just can't stand listening to it..

troymellor
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
It's hard to forget about something that's all up in your face.

especially when you have people who have never heard of muse asking you if youve ever heard of them

then them saying that they love muse, because theyve heard 3 songs by them

yeah

twats

Gohenko
11-01-2011, 09:17 PM
especially when you have people who have never heard of muse asking you if youve ever heard of them

then them saying that they love muse, because theyve heard 3 songs by them

yeah

twats

Yep, that's annoying, I know. But what can we do? :)

Dee3Dee
11-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Atm, it's still Megalomania, i just can't stand listening to it..

What?

hipbones
11-01-2011, 09:34 PM

What?

It's an overrated piece of crap.

Dee3Dee
11-01-2011, 09:34 PM

But worst song ever?

Really?

hipbones
11-01-2011, 09:39 PM
But worst song ever?

Really?

In their opinion, maybe.
Hmmm. At the minute, their worst song is still GL. I don't think that will ever change.

Dee3Dee
11-01-2011, 09:42 PM
In their opinion, maybe.
Hmmm. At the minute, their worst song is still GL. I don't think that will ever change.

Yes.

And you made me sad with your Megalomania comment. I will now cry myself to sleep.

MUSEirik
11-01-2011, 09:45 PM
NSC really doesn't deserve all this hate. :phu:

For me it's gotta be Falling Down.

JoMUSE16
11-01-2011, 11:19 PM

What?

I does nothing for me, i'd much rather listen to NSC,
and it may not be the "worst ever" cause i still haven't listened to everything that Muse have recored, but what i've listened to so far, it's my least favourite.

bruce57
11-01-2011, 11:46 PM
YOU'RE an overrated piece of crap.

xxatlowxx
11-01-2011, 11:51 PM

:yesey:

ibelongtoyou4
12-01-2011, 12:02 AM

:eek::stunned::chuckle:

PlugInFuckingBaby
12-01-2011, 12:19 AM
For me there is not a worst song, there are only bad songs that I don't like, such as NSC and soldier's poem. But often when I hate a song I still want to listen to them sometimes. So I don't think there is a Muse song that I would never want to listen. Maybe seldom, but not never.

...That was weird...:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

i agree. I don't like NSC, but i do like Soldier's Poem.
but sometimes there is a moment where i'm like, "I wanna hear NSC!" and i just rock out to that song, because naturally i know all of the lyrics. It's still Muse and it's still amazing, but it's not as good as their other songs.
i think people like NSC just the Musers dont like the fact that Matt wrote it... :p

Shiner1
12-01-2011, 12:22 AM

:eek: :noey: :supersad:

Alix is ace!

And as to the song ~ meh. Not their worst, but nowhere close to their best.

Ardalote
12-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Well, it's difficult to say, the worst MUSE song ever? Hm, when I think about it, I would go for song covers, you know, Feeling Good, etc. Why? They're good, true, but they are not MUSE creations :rolleyes:

As to the other songs/ compositions, all of them are great :happy:
I really like 'Unintended', it's sort of my first encounter with MUSE (and I never was keen on rock music - well not that much, it was OK) and this song made me search for other MUSE songs ('New Born', 'Sing for Absolution' and the whole lot). And I sort of developed a soft spot for MUSE and the unique euphony of sounds they create - I can find everything in their music.
Also, the songs that (at the beginning) were just OK, have gradually turned into real dears :D ('Assassin', 'Citizen Erased')
A lot depends on my mood swings. Definitely cannot diss a MUSE song, because each and everyone of them was composed and performed with real ingenuity and extreme attention to detail. :happy:

Dee3Dee
12-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I does nothing for me, i'd much rather listen to NSC,
and it may not be the "worst ever" cause i still haven't listened to everything that Muse have recored, but what i've listened to so far, it's my least favourite.

You have soooo much to learn, young Padawan!

Gohenko
12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I just realized that there is one other song that I don't like, except sometimes before sleep.

And...That song...Is... :dance::dance:

(Drum roll!) :awesome:

AND THAT SONG IS...Hoodoo...There's something in it that I can't stand...It's so weird...

ibelongtoyou4
12-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I just realized that there is one other song that I don't like, except sometimes before sleep.

AND THAT SONG IS...Hoodoo...There's something in it that I can't stand...It's so weird...

:eek:
I didn't really like Hoodoo at first either, but I liked it a lot more after watching the Wembley version. Now I love it.

MUSEirik
13-01-2011, 12:32 PM

:pope::pope::pope:

Sir Toire
14-01-2011, 02:25 AM
NSC and GL (never saw that coming, did you?!) and the funny thing is that i dont mind listening uprising on my own (with a computer, ipod etc), but when i hear it in public (radio, sports games) i just cant help but cringe, i dont know why!:srsb33f:

PlugInFuckingBaby
14-01-2011, 02:31 AM
NSC and GL (never saw that coming, did you?!) and the funny thing is that i dont mind listening uprising on my own (with a computer, ipod etc), but when i hear it in public (radio, sports games) i just cant help but cringe, i dont know why!:srsb33f:

yes! EXACTLY!

Nojja567
14-01-2011, 05:37 AM
I say it's "Unintended." I really really don't like that song. And I don't care that it was a single either.

So... What do you think is the worst Muse song ever?

Yes,I am also think that.

Nojja567
Katha (http://vssct.com/bhagwat-katha.php)

MUSESTL
14-01-2011, 05:56 AM
I am disappointed in all the hate Unintended is getting. I think it's a great song and tied with Muscle Museum for the best on Showbiz. I also like Guiding Light and NSC. I despise Soldier's Poem though

bruce57
18-01-2011, 02:42 AM
I am disappointed in all the hate Unintended is getting. I think it's a great song and tied with Muscle Museum for the best on Showbiz. I also like Guiding Light and NSC. I despise Soldier's Poem though
:eek: wash your mouth (or keyboard :p) out with soap! I LOVE soldier's poem! :eek:

effing jets fan.... :indiff:

MUSESTL
18-01-2011, 03:00 AM
:eek: wash your mouth (or keyboard :p) out with soap! I LOVE soldier's poem! :eek:

effing jets fan.... :indiff:

I like the lyrics of SP but it just sounds tired and uninspired (rhyme...:p)

Man it was a good game...for me at least :)

wombat_714
18-01-2011, 03:01 AM
Worst Cover: Prague

Worst Song: Tie between Guiding Light and NSC

MUSESTL
18-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Worst Song: Tie between Guiding Light and NSC
:noey:

wombat_714
18-01-2011, 03:17 AM

I'm glad you agree, because if you didn't, I'd feel sorry for you.

MUSESTL
18-01-2011, 03:19 AM
I'm glad you agree, because if you didn't, I'd feel sorry for you.

You have misinterpreted. I am a fan of GL and NSC

wombat_714
18-01-2011, 03:22 AM
You hit the nail on the head. I am not a fan of GL and NSC; nobody is or ever should be

Fixed.

MUSESTL
18-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Fixed.

Well played sir

sophielovesmuse
18-01-2011, 07:15 AM
NSC has to be their worst! ._. GL is pretty much bearable live though!

Jetro
18-01-2011, 07:14 PM
NSC ROCKS. :D Take that, haters.

It hurts me to pick a "worst" Muse song (I'm not considering things like "Hidden Track" and so forth), so then I'll say The Small Print and/or Soldier's Poem.

ibelongtoyou4
18-01-2011, 07:30 PM

It hurts me to pick a "worst" Muse song (I'm not considering things like "Hidden Track" and so forth), so then I'll say The Small Print and/or Soldier's Poem.

OUTTA-TIME
18-01-2011, 07:41 PM

The Small Print rocks harder than NSC any day.

donmorgan
18-01-2011, 08:27 PM
NSC has to be their worst! ._. GL is pretty much bearable live though!

^......+1

......Con-science doesnt float my boat either

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 08:53 PM

No, no and no.
Soldier's Poem was amazing live. It's given me a new appreciation for the song. Matt's vocals are beautiful (as always).
The Small Print I love. Although it's not one of the best tracks on Absolution it beats most of the songs on The Resistance.

And GL - just no. No more needs to be said.

miss_meadows
18-01-2011, 09:52 PM
No, no and no.
Soldier's Poem was amazing live. It's given me a new appreciation for the song. Matt's vocals are beautiful (as always).
The Small Print I love. Although it's not one of the best tracks on Absolution it beats most of the songs on The Resistance.

And GL - just no. No more needs to be said.

I concur - absolutely!

GL and NSC are terrifying. Take that you non-haters! But by the way, Take That shouldn't even be mentioned in relation to those evil songs. "The flood" is a million times better than GL and NSC!:LOL:

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 09:57 PM
For me, it's a simple one, Exogenisis... :eek:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I concur - absolutely!

GL and NSC are terrifying. Take that you non-haters! But by the way, Take That shouldn't even be mentioned in relation to those evil songs. "The flood" is a million times better than GL and NSC!:LOL:

Oops, I meant to say NSC in that last paragraph. But the same applies to both songs :LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 10:18 PM
For me, it's a simple one, Exogenisis... :eek:

Are you just trying to be controversial?

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Are you just trying to be controversial?

:LOL:haha,

No, i haven't even listened to them all the way through :LOL:
I listened to cross pollination and was like: "nah" :L

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 10:33 PM

You have no soul :phu:

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 10:41 PM
You have no soul :phu:

Why do you like it? :p

Mind, i'm really not keen on the Resistance :LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 10:52 PM

Well, there's the strings. And the piano. And Matt's vocals of course.
What's not to like?

I found The Resistance took a good few listens to get into. It wasn't the instant 'wow' like with their other albums. But there are some really good songs on there (unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, IBTY, USOE). You just have to give it time to grow on you. Go listen again now!

Dockertae
18-01-2011, 10:58 PM

I can get if you're not that into Exogenesis, but do you really think it's worse than stuff like Coma and Pink Ego Box? I'm not berating you, just curious.

bruce57
18-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I can get if you're not that into Exogenesis, but do you really think it's worse than stuff like Coma and Pink Ego Box? I'm not berating you, just curious.

I'm not afraid to berate him. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad:

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, there's the strings. And the piano. And Matt's vocals of course.
What's not to like?

I found The Resistance took a good few listens to get into. It wasn't the instant 'wow' like with their other albums. But there are some really good songs on there (unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, IBTY, USOE). You just have to give it time to grow on you. Go listen again now!

I just don't like it :p

Okay, i'll try, but, my first thoughts weren't pretty, however... MK Ultra + Unnatural selection... :D:D:D

:LOL: Yeah, but when you use those songs as an example, it makes Justin Beiber sound good :LOL:

I'm not afraid to berate him. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry if this offends you, but all that you did then was remind me of feeling good fucking fuck version :p

Tjet
18-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Classical influences in Muse songs at their best. Exogenesis part 2 and 3 are really good.

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Classical influences in Muse songs at their best. Exogenesis part 2 and 3 are really good.

What's wrong with part 1?

bruce57
18-01-2011, 11:13 PM
hey look guys Sippe agreed with me! theres a first :rolleyes:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 11:13 PM

This is no way to win an argument.

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Meh, i just don't know, thing is, i like Blackout, Endlessly, USoE, B&H just Exogenisis, i think it's because when i first listened to the album, i didn't like it, then to top it off there was that :LOL: but, i'll give it another go :D

ibelongtoyou4
18-01-2011, 11:16 PM

:eek: WHY DID YOU STOP!?!?! Keep listening. I suggest listening to them as a whole.

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Meh, i just don't know, thing is, i like Blackout, Endlessly, USoE, B&H just Exogenisis, i think it's because when i first listened to the album, i didn't like it, then to top it off there was that :LOL: but, i'll give it another go :D

You should. How many times have you listened to it? it took me at least 5 listens. Now I really like it (apart from GL and UD) but I don't love it.

Supermassive_Deadstar
18-01-2011, 11:19 PM
theres only one bad song muse have done, con-science, i dont care what you guys say,NSC, GL, FG, Unintended and soldier's poems are great songs

haters get on with the hate

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:21 PM
You should. How many times have you listened to it? it took me at least 5 listens. Now I really like it (apart from GL and UD) but I don't love it.

Fully? Once, if that, this usually happens...

Uprising...skip after a minute or so
Resistance...i HAVE to wait for the "It could be wrong, could be wrong" :p
Undisclosed Desires... I can listen to all of it
USoE...same as above
Guiding Light... Might fast forward to the solo
Unnatural Selection... All of it
MKU...Same
IBTY... depends
Exo1
Exo2
Exo3
... :$

Tjet
18-01-2011, 11:24 PM
What's wrong with part 1?
It gets very boring after a while. It's more in your face than the other two parts which both took me a while to fully appreciate.

Gareeh
18-01-2011, 11:27 PM

USoE...same as above
MKU...Same
IBTY... depends
Exo1
Exo2
Exo3

ok you what?

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:28 PM
ok you what?

:LOL: I'm not understanding you :LOL:

Gareeh
18-01-2011, 11:32 PM
:LOL: I'm not understanding you :LOL:

the feeling's mutual brother.

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:36 PM
the feeling's mutual brother.

Errr...okay... well maybe if you explain i can help :LOL:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 11:38 PM

USoE...same as above
MKU...Same
IBTY... depends
Exo1
Exo2
Exo3

Hmm. Not good enough. Try again, and DON'T SKIP BITS. That's an order :p

It gets very boring after a while. It's more in your face than the other two parts which both took me a while to fully appreciate.

It's only 4:18. You must get bored very easily.

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Hmm. Not good enough. Try again, and DON'T SKIP BITS. That's an order :p

Okaay then :D Not even one of exogenisis...? :rolleyes:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Okaay then :D Not even one of exogenisis...? :rolleyes:

Not even one. And I'll know if you do :ninja:

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Not even one. And I'll know if you do :ninja:

Why? Do you choose to hide behind the all seeing eye? :p man i love City of Delusion :p

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Why? Do you choose to hide behind the all seeing eye? :p man i love City of Delusion :p

It's one of their best :happy:

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:47 PM
it's one of their best :happy:

i love the trumpet >.< :d

YallaYaBatteekh
18-01-2011, 11:48 PM

it's their best off BH&R in my opinion.

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 11:48 PM
it's their best of BH&R in my opinion.

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:50 PM

Invincible <3

But yes, a very underated song :/ :awesome:

LyraSilvertongue
18-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Invincible <3

But yes, a very underated song :/ :awesome:

I dunno, it's got quite a few fans here. I just wish they'd play the damned song live.

So, you're new here. How are you finding the board so far?

Sparky_
18-01-2011, 11:55 PM
I dunno, it's got quite a few fans here. I just wish they'd play the damned song live.

So, you're new here. How are you finding the board so far?

:/

Err...:LOL: tough
Imma be honest, you guys are the [U][B]pros.[B][U] i mean, i have all of their albums and i know a few B-sides, but you guys... woah. :L

I love the way that it seems like everyone is out to get you :p
what about when you were new?

Supermassive_Deadstar
19-01-2011, 12:00 AM
a mean thread turns into polite convosation how nice:LOL:

Sparky_
19-01-2011, 12:01 AM
a mean thread turns into polite convosation how nice:LOL:

The wonders of forums... -.-

LyraSilvertongue
19-01-2011, 12:01 AM

Imma be honest, you guys are the [U][B]pros.[B][U] i mean, i have all of their albums and i know a few B-sides, but you guys... woah. :L

I love the way that it seems like everyone is out to get you :p

Yeah, it's a bit intimidating when you're new. Don't stray into banter until you've been here a while, that's my advice. And go listen to all those B-sides - there are some real gems there.
AFTER you've listened to The Resistance all the way through, of course :p

Sir Toire
19-01-2011, 12:07 AM
coma, im sorry guys, i just dont like it

Dudge
19-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Worst song...I love this thread...we sit at rehearsal with 2hr 10minutes under our belts and we have venues going you can do 1hr 45..we sit there going "We'll drop the worst ones, how about .. In your world" "no..well its a good song it rocks.." ok Filip..no...Muse never play that the fans will love it..."..ok then City of Dellusion..no all the strings and the Trumpet..it's ace.." ok how about ..Fury..nooooo, just cracked it and its a favourite B side.....ok then how about Plug in baby...oh now you are just being silly....ok what do you suggest then....Knights...cmon do you want to get torn to pieces....I suggest we play them all they are all great....:eek:

Last gig we had to cut 30 minutes of stuff..in the green room we got so bamboozled as to what to drop we dropped Hysteria....:LOL::eek:

I'm not sure they have a bad song...well maybe their cover of Too Good to be True..but I hated the orignal..and it isn't really theirs...

Sparky_
19-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Yeah, it's a bit intimidating when you're new. Don't stray into banter until you've been here a while, that's my advice. And go listen to all those B-sides - there are some real gems there.

:LOL: Thanks for the advice, already ran into Sippe, that wasn't great :LOL
I like Popcorn :D and House of the rising sun :D besides that... oh. In your world :D
Yes, after that... :p
Btw, how do you get your avatar to animate?! :LOL:

bruce57
19-01-2011, 12:12 AM

Imma be honest, you guys are the [U]pros.[B][U] i mean, i have all of their albums and i know a few B-sides, but you guys... woah. :L

[B]I love the way that it seems like everyone is out to get you :p

there are a certain few who this applies to as an extreme....... :rolleyes: you'll find them eventually *cough cough* sippe musefrak dee3dee carrieb** cough cough

Sparky_
19-01-2011, 12:13 AM

there are a certain few who this applies to as an extreme....... :rolleyes: you'll find them eventually *cough cough* sippe musefrak dee3dee carrieb** cough cough

Well i've already met MuseFrak and Sippe, only 2 left.., :$

Tjet
19-01-2011, 12:17 AM
It's only 4:18. You must get bored very easily.
if a song is boring, 5 seconds is enough.
Well i've already met MuseFrak and Sippe, only 2 left.., :$
Hmm, when?

bruce57
19-01-2011, 12:19 AM
if a song is boring, 5 seconds is enough. I used to feel the way you did about Exo 1, couldn't stand it :noey: but after seeing Muse live at a concert where they opened with Exo 1, I like it much much more. :) I feel like it worked well as an opener. Of course, that could just be the excitement of seeing Muse live for the first time getting to me, but I definitely like the song a lot better than I used to.

LyraSilvertongue
19-01-2011, 12:21 AM
:LOL: Thanks for the advice, already ran into Sippe, that wasn't great :LOL
I like Popcorn :D and House of the rising sun :D besides that... oh. In your world :D
Yes, after that... :p
Btw, how do you get your avatar to animate?! :LOL:

Sippe's a nice guy, he just comes across as a bit aggressive sometimes. He likes to argue and he likes to win :p

Ok, B-sides you MUST listen to: Spiral Static, Fury, The Groove, Futurism, the whole of Hullabaloo CD1. Erm, I'm sure I'll think of some more.

My avatar took me a while. I had to find a gif online and then link to it in the 'edit your avatar' page, under User CP.

Tjet
19-01-2011, 12:23 AM
I used to feel the way you did about Exo 1, couldn't stand it :noey: but after seeing Muse live at a concert where they opened with Exo 1, I like it much much more. :) I feel like it worked well as an opener. Of course, that could just be the excitement of seeing Muse live for the first time getting to me, but I definitely like the song a lot better than I used to.
Actually, I loved it when I first heard it, and when I saw it live. But it has just lost the touch after time, The instrumentals just doesn't do it for me. The vocals are good but to get to them I have to put through with the awfully boring and unimaginative arpeggios.

bruce57
19-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Actually, I loved it when I first heard it, and when I saw it live. But it has just lost the touch after time, The instrumentals just doesn't do it for me. The vocals are good but to get to them I have to put through with the awfully boring and unimaginative arpeggios.
right, I can see how you feel that way....I think most songs get old after a while. I still like it though :rolleyes:

LyraSilvertongue
19-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Worst song...I love this thread...we sit at rehearsal with 2hr 10minutes under our belts and we have venues going you can do 1hr 45..we sit there going "We'll drop the worst ones, how about .. In your world" "no..well its a good song it rocks.." ok Filip..no...Muse never play that the fans will love it..."..ok then City of Dellusion..no all the strings and the Trumpet..it's ace.." ok how about ..Fury..nooooo, just cracked it and its a favourite B side.....ok then how about Plug in baby...oh now you are just being silly....ok what do you suggest then....Knights...cmon do you want to get torn to pieces....I suggest we play them all they are all great....:eek:

Last gig we had to cut 30 minutes of stuff..in the green room we got so bamboozled as to what to drop we dropped Hysteria....:LOL::eek:

I'm not sure they have a bad song...well maybe their cover of Too Good to be True..but I hated the orignal..and it isn't really theirs...

How could you even think about dropping Hysteria. Madness!

Tjet
19-01-2011, 12:26 AM
right, I can see how you feel that way....I think most songs get old after a while. I still like it though :rolleyes:
I doubt I even have 30 plays of Overture though.

Micro Cuts has around 150 I think, and I still love it to bits.

bruce57
19-01-2011, 12:29 AM
I doubt I even have 30 plays of Overture though.

Micro Cuts has around 150 I think, and I still love it to bits.
yeah.....some songs more quickly than others ;) thats the difference between a song like Overture and a song like MC, i suppose. One decidedly better than the other.

Tjet
19-01-2011, 12:31 AM
I finally remembered where I had talked to KnightofCydonia1 before.

You were the guy who complained about people who were "less" fans than you got tickets when you didn't :awesome:

And on top of that used that as a proof for Muse making pop music to get more fans :awesome:

LyraSilvertongue
19-01-2011, 12:31 AM
I have 87 plays of Overture and only 41 of Micro Cuts. How that that happen? :erm:

LyraSilvertongue
19-01-2011, 12:38 AM
I finally remembered where I had talked to KnightofCydonia1 before.

You were the guy who complained about people who were "less" fans than you got tickets when you didn't :awesome:

And on top of that used that as a proof for Muse making pop music to get more fans :awesome:

That was him? Well, you did lay into him a bit :LOL:

Tjet
19-01-2011, 12:44 AM
That was him? Well, you did lay into him a bit :LOL:
Well with that statement, he had it coming. :phu:

LyraSilvertongue
19-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Well with that statement, he had it coming. :phu:

You've got to cut new people a bit of slack. You were new once too.

bruce57
19-01-2011, 12:55 AM
what are you talking about? Sippe has existed for eternity, and he always will.

ibelongtoyou4
19-01-2011, 12:58 AM

Is it sad that I thought the exact same thing when I read that :LOL:

Tjet
19-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Pff, not that I can remember :phu:

bruce57
19-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Pff, not that I can remember :phu:

told you guys ;)

Shiner1
19-01-2011, 01:08 AM

Dee3Dee
19-01-2011, 06:11 AM
I just want to clear up any confusion regarding which is worse: NSC or GL.

NSC is a masterpiece compared to GL, both live and in studio.

GL made me want to kill myself. I think it's the only Muse song that feels like it goes on forever just to torture you.

Sparky_
19-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Okay guys, i admit, i see the errors of my ways :D

Oh, And as for Micro Cuts... :p:p:p:p:p
Love it.

And i love the outro. :p

WutDaFucksy
19-01-2011, 08:54 AM
I just want to clear up any confusion regarding which is worse: NSC or GL.

NSC is a masterpiece compared to GL, both live and in studio.

GL made me want to kill myself. I think it's the only Muse song that feels like it goes on forever just to torture you.

The only thing they could do to take GL worse is slowing it down even more

Joshima
19-01-2011, 09:04 AM
The only thing they could do to take GL worse is slowing it down even more

And then extending it.

sumosasuke
19-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I love unintended...

Worst song? probably something off 'Absolution'... Endelssly, maybe... Haven't heard the full album in a while... :unsure:

Endlessly is beautiful, it's so calm and I love that really minimalistic synth solo (or whatever it is) at the end.

Worst probably has to be Guiding Light or Neutron Star Collision, but I haven't listened to NSC in a long time (it isn't even on my iPod :LOL: )

Gareeh
19-01-2011, 05:31 PM
coma, im sorry guys, i just dont like it

best pre-showbiz song imo.

Relentless
19-01-2011, 06:09 PM

:eek: I love TSP! DOWN WITH NSC!

Travis III
19-01-2011, 10:16 PM
NSC >>> All Showbiz era b-sides, and a couple of the album tracks as well.

LyraSilvertongue
19-01-2011, 10:29 PM

No it doesn't.

PlugInFuckingBaby
19-01-2011, 10:44 PM

I vote Muscle Museum for best song on Showbiz, and it has always been in my top 5 favorite Muse songs...always.
I also like unintended, i can't believe how many people do.
i think Guiding Light is eh, and my problem with NSC is:
I like the song, I really do, but i can't bare the thought that Matt wrote it.
It just really seems like someone else did, how repetitive, etc.
It's not that I don't like the song, it's that of all the songs Muse has written it's the worst....
It's not that the song is terrible, it's that compared to all the others, if i had to pick the worst one, it's that one.

Ryoma-kun
19-01-2011, 10:47 PM

I think I actually agree. NSC is seriously underrated around here. Yes, both the song and lyrics are cheesy but it's not like Muse haven't done this before and got away with it. Actually, the same goes for Guiding Light. Not by any means Muse's best song but it's certainly not THAT bad. Only reason for the hate are other things like how they've evolved into doing more 'pop' music and how they fail at pleasing the 'real' fans.

Worst song though must be one of the B-sides like Pink Ego Box or something. Not really a big fan of Ashamed, Sober and Yes Please either but they're not the worst.

LyraSilvertongue
19-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I think I actually agree. NSC is seriously underrated around here. Yes, both the song and lyrics are cheesy but it's not like Muse haven't done this before and got away with it. Actually, the same goes for Guiding Light. Not by any means Muse's best song but it's certainly not THAT bad. Only reason for the hate are other things like how they've evolved into doing more 'pop' music and how they fail at pleasing the 'real' fans.

Worst song though must be one of the B-sides like Pink Ego Box or something. Not really a big fan of Ashamed, Sober and Yes Please either but they're not the worst.

Firstly, there's good cheesy and there's bad cheesy.NSC is bad cheesy. It's an embarrassment to Muse. Like it if you want but I can't see why you do. Having said that, it is fun live, so it has that going for it.

Secondly, Guiding Light is that bad. You can't say the only reason for the hate is what you said above in bold. That's nonsense. Some people actually dislike the song because it's a crap song, me included. It reminds me of the power ballads I used to hate in the 80s and it's really not something I'd have expected from a band like Muse.

YallaYaBatteekh
19-01-2011, 11:02 PM

i love you.

Tjet
19-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Only reason for the hate are other things like how they've evolved into doing more 'pop' music and how they fail at pleasing the 'real' fans.
You just got a place on my hate list, congrats.

lovinit056
19-01-2011, 11:24 PM
I think NSC gets alot of hate just because of the premise on which it was recorded. And while I'm pretty indifferent to Twilight, I still don't like the song.

Guiding Light deserves alot more credit, imo. That guitar solo is so powerful.

Screenager is a song I've never enjoyed whatsoever, probably my least favorite.

bruce57
20-01-2011, 12:24 AM
thats not a hard feat to accomplish

Dudge
20-01-2011, 01:23 AM
How could you even think about dropping Hysteria. Madness!
Thats what we said afterwards...we just sat back stage laughing saying we didn't do Hysteria!! It was funny at the time...it was still a good set though....

Ryoma-kun
20-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Hm, I think I didn't express myself properly. I'll rephrase "Only reason for the hate are other things like how some people on this forum feel they've evolved into doing more 'pop' music and how the same people feel that they're the 'real' fans and how Muse should focus on pleasing them instead of those who've recently discovered them."

I was just being sarcastic about the 'real' fan part. I discovered Muse less than a year ago so considering myself as a so-called 'real' fan would be uhm... retarded.

Dillyracer
20-01-2011, 09:39 AM
I think NSC gets alot of hate just because of the premise on which it was recorded. And while I'm pretty indifferent to Twilight, I still don't like the song.

I couldn't care less for what it was recorded. The song is uninspiring and cheesy (the bad cheese this time)

If I hear songs like CE, Bliss,.. I have the need to pick up my guitar and play along, while I can't even be bothered to put NSC in my playlist.

SupermassiveKaoss
20-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Sorry, but Uprising is the worst! I accually like the song and the lyrics quite well, but the the fact that it turned out as the new pop song all the teengirls were listening to, destroyed it for me.
The way they played it at Wembley was really good on the other hand.

Ryoma-kun
20-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Sorry, but Uprising is the worst! I accually like the song and the lyrics quite well, but the the fact that it turned out as the new pop song all the teengirls were listening to, destroyed it for me.

The song can't be good because others are listening to it? It has to be your personal song for it to be good? This is what I meant with NSC being hated because of the popularity Muse has gained the past years.

MUSESTL
20-01-2011, 04:20 PM

So the only reason you don't like it is because of the other people who listen to it?

drawakangaroo
20-01-2011, 05:31 PM

Agreed, agreed, and WTF NO.

starlike_starlight
20-01-2011, 08:17 PM
:eek: you can`t be serious? I`m not saying that NSC is totaly bad song, but better than Showbiz stuff? NO WAY!

Dee3Dee
20-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Please do not use the solo in Guiding Light as a way of justifying its existance. It relies way too heavily on a solo that was never that impressive to begin with.

Ryoma-kun
20-01-2011, 08:22 PM
:eek: you can`t be serious? I`m not saying that NSC is totaly bad song, but better than Showbiz stuff? NO WAY!

Showbiz B-sides, not Showbiz album tracks. That's a big difference.

Wingardium LevioSIA
20-01-2011, 08:30 PM

A few songs on Showbiz are bad, and a few more are heavily mediocre. So NSC is better than those tracks, as it's at least enjoyable.

starlike_starlight
20-01-2011, 09:18 PM
^^ok, maybe are few of them not so good but I still can`t say they are bad, they are just different as later stuff, the band was still discovering themselves in that time imo. it is hard to even compare NSC with those songs...

Dillyracer
20-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Any track of Showbiz is more interesting than NSC.

CryingBliss
20-01-2011, 10:39 PM
The worst song: Pink Ego Box or Instant Messenger or whatever it's called.

I think both NSC and GL are good songs :D
I actually like the lyrics in NSC. It kind of describes the way you feel when you're in love. That the love will last forever and so on, but it dosen't always turn out that way. That 's the way I felt in my realationship but now it's over. In my upinion, I think that's the meaning of the song.

drawakangaroo
20-01-2011, 11:45 PM
The worst song: Pink Ego Box or Instant Messenger or whatever it's called.

I think both NSC and GL are good songs :D
I actually like the lyrics in NSC. It kind of describes the way you feel when you're in love. That the love will last forever and so on, but it dosen't always turn out that way. That 's the way I felt in my realationship but now it's over. In my upinion, I think that's the meaning of the song.

Exactly :)
Once you figure out the real meaning of the song, it's slightly better. But it's still not that great of a song musically :LOL:

bruce57
20-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Exactly :)
Once you figure out the real meaning of the song, it's slightly better. But it's still not that great of a song musically :LOL:
if by "not that great of a song musically" you mean "total piece of shit" then you are correct.

drawakangaroo
20-01-2011, 11:50 PM
if by "not that great of a song musically" you mean "total piece of shit" then you are correct.

Objectively, it's not a total piece of shit. But compared to other Muse songs, it's definitely one of the weakest. I tend to forget that it's even a Muse song.

Tjet
21-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Wait, are people really discussing the meaning of NSC? The lyrics aren't THAT deep.

It's basically: "Our love is forever"

Relationship ends..."My love is forever".

My God, this is deep shit.

Riveon
21-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Nah.

drawakangaroo
21-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Wait, are people really discussing the meaning of NSC? The lyrics aren't THAT deep.

It's basically: "Our love is forever"

Relationship ends..."My love is forever".

My God, this is deep shit.

But still. It's got a slight bit of depth that saves the lyrics from being utter shit.

bruce57
21-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Nah.

correct. don't hate on my Megalomania :mad:

Jetro
22-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Seriously, I get the feeling that you just crank up the volume and on the swear words because of, dare I say it, TWILIGHT. It's all right that frustrated 13-year-olds hate on it, but devoted Muse fans should know better.

LyraSilvertongue
22-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Seriously, I get the feeling that you just crank up the volume and on the swear words because of, dare I say it, TWILIGHT. It's all right that frustrated 13-year-olds hate on it, but devoted Muse fans should know better.

But he's right. It is a sh*t song *avoids swearing* :p

Tjet
22-01-2011, 02:14 AM
We should know better than to what?

You should know better than to judge us for disliking a song. I laughed the first time I heard it, it's really a hilarious piece of music, and not in a good way. And I don't mind Twilight, I actually enjoy it(at least the first one).

NSC is still a piece of shit.

bruce57
22-01-2011, 02:16 AM
even if it weren't in the movie that shall not be named, it would still be one of the worst songs muse have ever written or performed.

Jetro
22-01-2011, 02:26 AM
We should know better than to what?

You should know better than to judge us for disliking a song. I laughed the first time I heard it, it's really a hilarious piece of music, and not in a good way. And I don't mind Twilight, I actually enjoy it(at least the first one).

NSC is still a piece of shit.

You should know better than to judge me for judging you for judging... nah :p

But fair enough. I thought the hate came from the Twilight movies, I actually like the song myself. :) It's pure stupedity calling the song «overrated» though, seeing the amount of hate it gets here.

Hm, I think I didn't express myself properly. I'll rephrase "Only reason for the hate are other things like how some people on this forum feel they've evolved into doing more 'pop' music and how the same people feel that they're the 'real' fans and how Muse should focus on pleasing them instead of those who've recently discovered them."

I was just being sarcastic about the 'real' fan part. I discovered Muse less than a year ago so considering myself as a so-called 'real' fan would be uhm... retarded.
+1+1+1

LyraSilvertongue
22-01-2011, 02:30 AM
You should know better than to judge me for judging you for judging... nah :p

But fair enough. I thought the hate came from the Twilight movies, I actually like the song myself. :) It's pure stupedity calling the song «overrated» though, seeing the amount of hate it gets here.

It's certainly not overrated on this board.

PlugInFuckingBaby
22-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Haven't been to this thread in a while, but it seems everything revolves around NSC.
I personally think it's their worst song. I love the song, yet sometimes I hate it. I don't dislike it because of Twilight. I dislike it because in comparison to all other Muse songs, it just isn't as good. It's not a terrible song on it's own, its the worst Muse song. I think It's a bit too repetitive for me...."our love will be forever...." x100. I like the song on it's own.. :)
reminds me of this pic. us Musers are very defensive :p

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1222357834/150205_474145653813_347711343813_5459633_8340309_n .jpg

(has no idea how to put a pic in a post)

eveyv
24-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I have to disagree with some of the users. I actually think "Unintended" is very sweet. Imagine a situation where you meet someone that just happened out of nowhere. That person could be the one. Anywho I like it and I think Matthew Bellamy sings beautifully in that song.

To answer the forum topic I like all their songs.. but if I had to choose one I like least would be "Overdue" from the "Showbiz" album.

PlugInFuckingBaby
24-01-2011, 10:30 PM
I have to disagree with some of the users. I actually think "Unintended" is very sweet. Imagine a situation where you meet someone that just happened out of nowhere. That person could be the one. Anywho I like it and I think Matthew Bellamy sings beautifully in that song.

To answer the forum topic I like all their songs.. but if I had to choose one I like least would be "Overdue" from the "Showbiz" album.

Matt sings beautiful in every song :p but yes, i love Unintended, too.

harrypottermegan
26-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Haven't been to this thread in a while, but it seems everything revolves around NSC.
I personally think it's their worst song. I love the song, yet sometimes I hate it. I don't dislike it because of Twilight. I dislike it because in comparison to all other Muse songs, it just isn't as good. It's not a terrible song on it's own, its the worst Muse song. I think It's a bit too repetitive for me...."our love will be forever...." x100. I like the song on it's own.. :)
This 100%. You're spot on with my thoughts on NSC.
The hate towards it also makes me wonder if the song wasn't by Muse and if it was by a new band I'd never heard of, whether I would like it...idk whether I would or not.
But I just hope that NSCness isn't what the next album beholds...

Farelial
26-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I can't decide, 'cause I like almoust all of them, and that, if I don't understand some song, don't mean it would be bad. and I probably understand it later, when I'm older or in certain mood. :happy:

QubiQ
26-01-2011, 03:17 PM
The hate towards it also makes me wonder if the song wasn't by Muse and if it was by a new band I'd never heard of, whether I would like it...idk whether I would or not.

NSC is crammed with what reminds me of Muse songs/style, such as drumming a la KoC, then Rachmaninoff-ish piano, and background synthesizer sounds...as a whole makes me think as typical and popular elements of Muse songs rushed into one. Only Muse would think of creating the song intentionally.

PlugInFuckingBaby
26-01-2011, 11:44 PM

I think if the song wasn't by Muse I would probably like it.
the thread is Worst Muse Song. Doesn't mean the song is terrible. Means that it's the worst of anything Matthew Bellamy has ever sung, imo.
lyrically, i think is why i dont like it. It's style is pretty IBTY, but it's lyrics are "our love will be forever"

Banksy.
27-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't really get the Gallery, it sounds like a poor attempt at doing something experimentational to me, but maybe it just isn't my thing.

jackparker
27-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I think NSC's gonna get a contender for worst song. There are gonna be 2 more twatlight movies. Hopefully that wont mean 2 new songs...

drawakangaroo
27-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't really get the Gallery, it sounds like a poor attempt at doing something experimentational to me, but maybe it just isn't my thing.

I like it, as long as I don't listen to it often. But yeah, I see why people wouldn't.

MUSESTL
27-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I think NSC's gonna get a contender for worst song. There are gonna be 2 more twatlight movies. Hopefully that wont mean 2 new songs...

I heard somewhere (may have been this board) Muse's cover of Can't Take My Eyes Off You will be used for the first movie

On a side note-was NSC actually written for Twilight or did Twilight just happen to use it?

Tjet
27-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I heard somewhere (may have been this board) Muse's cover of Can't Take My Eyes Off You will be used for the first movie

On a side note-was NSC actually written for Twilight or did Twilight just happen to use it?
1. Never gonna happen.

2. It wasn't written for Twilight, but it was recorded for it.

MUSESTL
27-01-2011, 11:23 PM
1. Never gonna happen.

2. It wasn't written for Twilight, but it was recorded for it.

Yes that did seem rather unlikely when I saw it

Okay thanks