PDA

View Full Version : Hullabaloo DVD

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

steelrain
29-12-2004, 08:05 PM
yup...that i know. I shrunk it down so that it won't take up loads of space on my posts. It used to be just a wee bit bigger i think *scratches head again* hmm..maybe it was or maybe not... :confused: LOL
lol, well if you ever find it please dont hesitate to pm me, any help would be much appreciated :)

Saaz
29-12-2004, 10:01 PM
i have it on my dvd :cool:
Why?

Kalle Ranta-aho
30-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Hi, I´m Kalle from Finland, supposedly a very senior chatter on this forum (51).
I´m trying to follow the rock-scene just enough to know approximately what´s going on. My true favourites are, as you may guess, those from the
late sixties and early seventies: Stones, Bad Company, Jethro Tull, Bowie etc.
Muse is one the very few new groups, that made me stretch my ears. So I went and bought the "Hullabaloo"-DVD. The music worked well, but, good grief, the director has sabotaged most of the visual part! Watching this piece
on a 110 inch screen was pure suffering. There was five of us, and only one could watch the show to the end (the hard core Muse fan). Others moved to kitchen and just listened. That kind of a blinking/jumping/twisting-schitzophrenic directing/cutting sometimes works in a three minute music-video, but a concert-video should bring forth the intensity and athmosphere of the stage act of the band. The director could perform his hyper-activity somewhere else. I didn´t even check the name of the director (I don´t have the DVD-cover at hand to do it now), but I hope they don´t let that person
do any more damage.

maynard
30-12-2004, 07:06 AM
Hi, I´m Kalle from Finland, supposedly a very senior chatter on this forum (51).
I´m trying to follow the rock-scene just enough to know approximately what´s going on. My true favourites are, as you may guess, those from the
late sixties and early seventies: Stones, Bad Company, Jethro Tull, Bowie etc.
Muse is one the very few new groups, that made me stretch my ears. So I went and bought the "Hullabaloo"-DVD. The music worked well, but, good grief, the director has sabotaged most of the visual part! Watching this piece
on a 110 inch screen was pure suffering. There was five of us, and only one could watch the show to the end (the hard core Muse fan). Others moved to kitchen and just listened. That kind of a blinking/jumping/twisting-schitzophrenic directing/cutting sometimes works in a three minute music-video, but a concert-video should bring forth the intensity and athmosphere of the stage act of the band. The director could perform his hyper-activity somewhere else. I didn´t even check the name of the director (I don´t have the DVD-cover at hand to do it now), but I hope they don´t let that person
do any more damage.

Hahaha this is a funny and interesting commentary about Hullabaloo.The director is Tom Kirk, a friend of the band. You're right about the "blinking/jumping/twisting-schitzophrenic directing/cutting"; at the beginning I thought like you do, but give it some time to watch it carefully, you'll notice that the direction is according to the music, sure it's different with other DVDs out there, but all the Muse's stuff is different, so why the DVD shouldn't be different?

As a closing comment; when you let the images and the music grow in you, you'll notice that the DVD is not as bad as you think, I really like it. Hope you give it another try :)

axxe chikka
30-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Hahaha this is a funny and interesting commentary about Hullabaloo.The director is Tom Kirk, a friend of the band.
Tom didn't direct the concert, Matt Askern did.

Mort
30-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Tom didn't direct the concert, Matt Askern did.
I believe that Kirk did the editing though.

Saaz
30-12-2004, 11:27 AM
And the filming.

Hyperguitarplayer
30-12-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree with kalle! Horrible directing! I hope a future dvd will be much better.. The concert is great though..

tsp_thesmallprint
30-12-2004, 12:56 PM
I agree, my friend and i were just discussing the exact same thing whilst watching it the other day. It is too hard to watch, i would try and watch what matt, or any of them for that matter, was doing, and all of a sudden it would just skip to another shot. I still thoroughly enjoyed it though, any footage of muse that i can get i like alot :D , oh yeh, the thing i most disliked on the dvd, was when he does his plug in baby jump, it slows it down and looks retarted. Thats the best jump he does on the dvd!! Oh, apart from the one in muscle museum.

sick of your dream
30-12-2004, 01:10 PM
My God...... That DVD was punching my eyes!! Motions according to the music? What for? I couldn't even immagine that DVD without the gretest performance from Muse..... It would be stressing!! I wish I could watch something better from a new DVD, but.... Fortunatly, I haven't bought the Hullabaloo DVD! ;)

dukelion
30-12-2004, 01:12 PM
I had no problems with it, didnt care as long as I got a full length concert, and yeah, give it a chance, it will shine.

Saaz
30-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Its Kirk's steady hand in the 2nd disc that makes me dizzy.

killer balloon
30-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Its Kirk's steady hand in the 2nd disc that makes me dizzy.
Watched that again last night and saw thousands of things I had never seen before. But yeah, he's got a really 'steady' hand.

The filming on the concert itself doens't bother me at all. I think it's pretty fun actually.

Saaz
30-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Same here, I've never actively thought 'This camerawork is awful'

What did you notice on the disk you hadn't noticed before?

Mané
30-12-2004, 01:56 PM
don't be so hard with tom kirk's way of filming, it's not a job he studied :rolleyes:
if i am famous i would probably make profit all my friends and my family (one would be my manager, one my assistant and one by dvd's director :LOL: ) even if they do not know anything about the way to do it :D
look at the footage on muse's official site :LOL:

Saaz
30-12-2004, 02:05 PM
don't be so hard with tom kirk's way of filming, it's not a job he studied :rolleyes:

I thought he had a degree in media studies?

Mané
30-12-2004, 02:23 PM

oops... :$ didn't know ! :D

Garfield
30-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Maybe I'm weird but I find the way it's filmed pretty good and it didn't disturb me at all. Maybe I'm the only one though :D

Saaz
30-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Nah I think its fine too, apart from disc 2 in some pits where it goes a bit patchy :p

Ironlunged
30-12-2004, 02:35 PM
So...would it be stupid to pay 25 bucks for it on import? I would like to see it, but if it's absolutely dreadful, I can find better ways to spend the money.

Mané
30-12-2004, 03:07 PM
So...would it be stupid to pay 25 bucks for it on import? I would like to see it, but if it's absolutely dreadful, I can find better ways to spend the money.

no it's not, great dvd i think !
just make sure not to eat before watching it you would puke your lunch ! :LOL:

grbggrl
30-12-2004, 03:16 PM
I can see where the complaints come from, and I did find it a little hard to watch at first...but once I got used to it I thought it was great. My fiance has it in the UK right now though, can't wait to get that thing back so I can watch it again!

°°Lilly°°
30-12-2004, 03:27 PM
when the concerts started I was like wtf??? but after dead star it was okay
and it's a really good way of cutting
like someone already said you can find new funny things after watching it again and again and it's related to the music they play
disc 2 reminds me a little bit of filming blair witch project
and I nearly had to puke while watching blair witch
but it's okay with disc 2
I was too busy laughing than finding time to get sick :D

brewster
30-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Anyone spot the bit on disc 2 with matt and his hand up the ladys skirt on the tour bus,she appears to be snogging dom and chris is laughing? :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Mané
30-12-2004, 03:33 PM
i don't remember the name of the band but the way they've made disc 2 looks like dvd shots made by a well-known metal band
i have to ask my cousin the name, i know he knows because he told me that !

|Cypher|
30-12-2004, 03:37 PM
If you didn't like it Blame Tom Kirk

Saaz
30-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Anyone spot the bit on disc 2 with matt and his hand up the ladys skirt on the tour bus,she appears to be snogging dom and chris is laughing? :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
No!!! Is that really on there? Gah, I gotta watch it later!

Bythe way, howcome so many Hullbaloo threads have sprung up recently?

Britrock
30-12-2004, 03:55 PM
And the filming.

Haha, the mighty Tom Kirk, able to operate an army of cameras around a gig venue at the same time!

Mané
30-12-2004, 04:06 PM

because everyone wonder if they're gonna released the absolution tour dvd !
everyone has the dvd thing in mind so it makes think of hullabaloo...and as it's not officially said that it's gonna be one everyone comfort her/himself watching hullabaloo :happy:

anyway...i guess it's that ! it's just my interpretation...

Saaz
30-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Haha, the mighty Tom Kirk, able to operate an army of cameras around a gig venue at the same time!
Yep, he can multitask well.

Saaz
30-12-2004, 04:33 PM
because everyone wonder if they're gonna released the absolution tour dvd !
everyone has the dvd thing in mind so it makes think of hullabaloo...and as it's not officially said that it's gonna be one everyone comfort her/himself watching hullabaloo :happy:

anyway...i guess it's that ! it's just my interpretation...
You're probably right :)

Shameonyooou
30-12-2004, 05:36 PM
i dont remember having problems with it....but i havent watched it for a long while.
although i do remember a microphone shot of matts nose...and up his nose....how lovely.

Britrock
30-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Yep, he can multitask well.

But, unless he's very good at disguises, he's a bloke!? We can't multitask, at all.

Saaz
30-12-2004, 05:47 PM
:LOL: True, true

Honey Ryder
30-12-2004, 07:19 PM

Nah, English. Ask him about Chaucer and he's away, just don't give him a camera. ;)

Saaz
30-12-2004, 07:20 PM
:LOL::LOL:

Audioslave Inc
30-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi Sir

I don t agree with your complaining about the way this live stuff is filmed .

At first i was like u "what the fuck with this MTV s epileptic recording ?"

But then i ve watched it over and over again and I was thinking "well finally it s terrific and innovative"

And yes it is .

So it s just a matter of taste .

To u it s unbearable, to me it s a great and unique live

Half Life
31-12-2004, 12:56 AM
I've never found a problem with the multi-camera angles and fast editing, to me it just adds to the energy of the music. Each to their own.

The other disc could have done with a few captions or notes or something, though, with dates and places.

oMarKs
31-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Some of it's quite good, but at times 20 different camera angles per second is a bit much. On the whole the DVD is great (or VHS which is what I've got)

NanashiStudios
31-12-2004, 02:13 AM
See, this is where I disagree with most people on the DVD, I thought it was brilliant for a concert DVD, I do a ton of editing myself and music videos are my style. And honestly most live DVDs bore me to death because it's only a few angles and you feel disconnected; to the music, the crowd, and the band. But I was overjoyed when I saw Hullabaloo, I felt like I was in the crowd moshing and jumping around all nuts while watching it. Just made the whole concert way more intense, and I loved it. I even told Tom this when I met him in Atlanta(and why I had him sign my Hullabaloo DVD), so many angles, well timed, and just in your face. See any other band might be dumb to do this with, but Muse, their live shows are so much more energetic that a normal DVD wouldn't give you the same feeling, so it really made perfect sense to me.

Again, great job Tom.

Anyway, just my tid bit of info there.

Ironlunged
31-12-2004, 02:15 AM

'Cause there t'ain't nothin' else to talk about 'round these parts, pard.

Saaz
31-12-2004, 12:37 PM
You slack jawed yokel. :LOL:

Steve1977
31-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Im a tad shocked that people are finding Hullaballoo difficult to watch. For me the editing and direction seems pretty laid back and allows us to see the band, believe we are actually there.
The Placebo DVD is far more confused and epilectic.
But the whole point of the style is how you would feel if you were at the gig. If they had 3 cameras and edited them in a more straight foward way people would accuse Muse of being boring. C'mon, we dont want to turn Muse into Cliff Richard. With a documentary about Flowers and then have Cilla Black performing Micro Cuts half way through.
Muse play with a raw energy and this is exlempified in the visuals for the DVD.

Saaz
31-12-2004, 12:56 PM
:LOL::LOL: Well said!

Ironlunged
31-12-2004, 05:08 PM
You slack jawed yokel. :LOL:

You betcha, cowpoke. Ah am one luckless bastard, Gawd knows. Dumber than a hatful o' earholes...

Pensocratic
31-12-2004, 05:22 PM
...they could hire me to direct to prevent the sketchy directorial skills or Mr Hullabaloo. I'm just sooooo great. Well aslong as i'm self promoting, view my directorial skills in:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/search.php?kind=a&terms=Groardified

I must say, they ae some of the best directed cartoons i've ever seen.

Wollabalooza
01-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Maybe one reason for the large amount of threads is Christmas. Some people might've got it as a present, like me :rolleyes:
I haven't watched the whole dvd, only 10 songs from the 1st disc, and i was pretty annoyed by the direction. Maybe i'll get used to it, is it that bad or will it be better towards the end?

polka_dot_princess
01-01-2005, 07:07 PM
OH! How can you say that?
I lvoe the way the camera moves! It adds interest to the set I thought!
And when they slow it down and speed it up in time to the music

tsp_thesmallprint
08-01-2005, 11:06 AM
On the back it says it was filmed on two nights, does this mean there is footage from boths nights on the concert dvd? Because i can't tell when it changes, it all looks to perfect to me to have been taken from two nights and all put together.

little troll
08-01-2005, 11:29 AM
I think the era of "static" video/DVD concerts is over. We have TV and web footage of that kind, but people buy DVD to have something special, something more, like the options you can't have while watching TV or webcast.
Hullabaloo allows us to choose the angle from which we can watch the show, or split screen view. There are a couple of songs that you can choose 3 different options to watch. That's great I think.
However I must say some of the angles were not perfect ideas, like the camera put on Matt's mike, as from that angle Matt's face looks horrible, you can see the insides of his nostrils :eek:

kiernana
08-01-2005, 11:33 AM

i'm majoring in media studies and if it's like my program, then it doesn't mean much. we only have to take one video class, albeit its a long ass class, but only one... our programs means you get basic training in all types of media comm. i'm there for the radio option.

BOD
13-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be pedantic, it's just something that has interested me.

I've been watching the Hullabaloo DVD like a hawk, specifically Space Dementia. I've begun to wonder if Matt actually plays the big dramatic ending at all. There are a number of reasons for this.

If you look at camera angle 1 on the DVD, there is a craning shot moving upwards of matt doing a big, dynamic, low C major chord (at 47mins, 17½ seconds)... if you watch carefully, you see him quickly move his right hand to push a button on his piano. However, if you look at Camera angle 3 - the camera attached to the piano - you don't see him do this. Perhaps the craning shot was from a different take? But that doesn't show that he's not playing it. The thing that DOES, is that whatever camera angle you choose, half the time, chords we hear, he isn't even playing. A good example is the last three identical chords - B, D#, F# and A - he only visually hits those chords twice though before glissing downwards, but audibly plays them three times. Perhaps the button he presses is a play button? Because not only that, the actual solo at the end is way too melodic to be possible, it seems. I have tried copying exactly what he does, and it's damned difficult to get it that accurate. It would have to be written, the sort of dischordant chords he plays can't really be spontaneous, maybe it's possible actually, but it definitely wasn't done here. Unless...

The reason we don't see him play the third chord at the end is because the audio and video from two different takes was mixed. As I said, camera angles 1 and 3 are different when he hits the C major chord.

But then why did he press that button in one take and not in the other?

Did anybody actually GO to the Hullabaloo gig at Le Zenith in Paris? If so, did they do multiple takes?

Check it out and see what you think.

Cesium
13-01-2005, 07:35 PM
They did two night and i believe the dvd showed both nights. Maybe it was takes from different nights or something

Ironlunged
13-01-2005, 07:36 PM
If I had the DVD, I'd investigate for you. But that's some pretty impressive attention to detail you've got!

Cheesy Grin
13-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Jonny youve got to think things through. Its a 2 night thing. Check the back of the box :p

Doog
13-01-2005, 07:46 PM
yeah, astonishingly even Matt can't play the songs in exactly the same way twice

who'd have thunk it? :indiff:

*~SugarSnow~*
13-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow...I totally didn't notice...because...I just didn't.

But yeah, the whole 2 nights thing might be just about right.

Really though, I have no clue!

Clunge
13-01-2005, 08:12 PM
my opinion is... who cares?

naughtica
13-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be pedantic, it's just something that has interested me.

I've been watching the Hullabaloo DVD like a hawk, specifically Space Dementia. I've begun to wonder if Matt actually plays the big dramatic ending at all. There are a number of reasons for this.

If you look at camera angle 1 on the DVD, there is a craning shot moving upwards of matt doing a big, dynamic, low C major chord (at 47mins, 17½ seconds)... if you watch carefully, you see him quickly move his right hand to push a button on his piano. However, if you look at Camera angle 3 - the camera attached to the piano - you don't see him do this. Perhaps the craning shot was from a different take? But that doesn't show that he's not playing it. The thing that DOES, is that whatever camera angle you choose, half the time, chords we hear, he isn't even playing. A good example is the last three identical chords - B, D#, F# and A - he only visually hits those chords twice though before glissing downwards, but audibly plays them three times. Perhaps the button he presses is a play button? Because not only that, the actual solo at the end is way too melodic to be possible, it seems. I have tried copying exactly what he does, and it's damned difficult to get it that accurate. It would have to be written, the sort of dischordant chords he plays can't really be spontaneous, maybe it's possible actually, but it definitely wasn't done here. Unless...

The reason we don't see him play the third chord at the end is because the audio and video from two different takes was mixed. As I said, camera angles 1 and 3 are different when he hits the C major chord.

Did anybody actually GO to the Hullabaloo gig at Le Zenith in Paris? If so, did they do multiple takes?

sir!!! sir!!! your fucking awesome u have made me day! i tip my hat to u sir!

Palo Alto
13-01-2005, 08:35 PM
yeah ive noticed the same thing, that last chords he plays to end the song, before going to all the sliding on the keys, you hear the chord played about 4-5 times, but instead hes already moving his hands up and down lol. its probably just an editing mistake. i mean, ive also noticed on Hyper music, if you go on Chris' angle, you see him singing on the mic, but on the left hand side his in the middle of the stage bopping lol. its all in the editing.

*~SugarSnow~*
13-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Surely no one is suggesting that it's all fake! :ohmy:

Erroneous Fiend
13-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Surely no one is suggesting that it's all fake! :ohmy:
its not fake as people have said its of two concerts. they used the audio from 'prety much one night' but one concert was used for mostly close ups and the other for distant shots so thats why they dont match up.

*~SugarSnow~*
13-01-2005, 08:54 PM
its not fake as people have said its of two concerts. they used the audio from 'prety much one night' but one concert was used for mostly close ups and the other for distant shots so thats why they dont match up.

yehakno

branwen
13-01-2005, 09:00 PM
:confused: Maybe someone can help me! (please) - I've had that dvd since it came out but can't get it to play on my dvd player or the computer or ps2 help!! is it broken or am i just being real dumb?

*~SugarSnow~*
13-01-2005, 09:02 PM
:confused: Maybe someone can help me! (please) - I've had that dvd since it came out but can't get it to play on my dvd player or the computer or ps2 help!! is it broken or am i just being real dumb?

Hmm...that really shouldn't happen.
You got the right region of player and DVD? Is there even a Region 1 copy available?

HoBag
13-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Hmm...that really shouldn't happen.
You got the right region of player and DVD? Is there even a Region 1 copy available?

I got mine off a Asia website.. and its a region 0 it said.. basically it said it can work on any DVD player, so i got it... Because i knew the whole region thing it wouldnt work.. So im very happy i got this..

branwen
13-01-2005, 09:20 PM
well it's a region 2 dvd player but the dvd itself says it plays in all regions? maybe it's just me! aah well thanks for your help! :) Might have to buy another copy but keeping the old one as i've had it ages!!

Belisha Beacon
13-01-2005, 09:36 PM
I got mine off a Asia website.. and its a region 0 it said.. basically it said it can work on any DVD player, so i got it... Because i knew the whole region thing it wouldnt work.. So im very happy i got this..

Out of interest, which Asian website did you get it from? I was hoping to get the Japanese version (with Darkshines) but I've only seen it for about $55 on cdjapan.co.jp, which is quite a lot. It was £8.99 on CD-WOW back last year but I didn't get it then (I don't think you can be sure of getting it with the extra track, but if it's from an Asian site I'd say there's a fair chance).

jimmy_kane
13-01-2005, 09:58 PM
i gt it from cdwow as a japanese import region 0. it plays fine on my dvd player. it doesnt hav darkshines on it. also if ur fussy and like good collectors packaging and stuff, then u mite like to kno tht th jap import is just an ordinary plastic box, not a card fold out thingy. i didnt kno this wen i bought it at th time and was quite shocked. but then i did pay £9 for it so i cant really complain.

BOD
13-01-2005, 10:36 PM
"my opinion is... who cares?"

I knew somebody would try to be clever and put that. I did state in the post that I'm not being pedantic, I was just wondering why these things in the DVD happen. If you don't care, go, instead of throwing your weight about.

Sorry, but that bloody annoys me.

Right, that's that done! Yeah, it's funny 'cause just after I posted that message, I told someone on my MSN list about it and they said it was filmed on two nights. I didn't see that on the back of the box. Hehe. That's interesting that... no wonder the DVD is so insanely amazing. God, think how much footage there would be to edit - Think it's about 14 cameras (including mini-cameras - 10 manned cameras), x90 minutes, x2 nights. 42 hours of footage.

Thanks for the answer to the mysssstererryryry

HoBag
14-01-2005, 02:02 AM
Out of interest, which Asian website did you get it from? I was hoping to get the Japanese version (with Darkshines) but I've only seen it for about $55 on cdjapan.co.jp, which is quite a lot. It was £8.99 on CD-WOW back last year but I didn't get it then (I don't think you can be sure of getting it with the extra track, but if it's from an Asian site I'd say there's a fair chance).

No darkshines... but i got the Cd to so i still can hear darkshines.. It was only 8 bucks! i was in shock! with S+H it was 12 such a great deal. and i dont remember the website.. I got it off a link from the boards..

greatbigsquirrel
14-01-2005, 06:42 AM
actually, i'd love to kow what drugs you were on to make it so you could sit there and peer at the TV and notice all these little things. lol

i want some of it, whatever it is.

14-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the answer to the mysssstererryryry

What made you notice this anway or were you looking for odd things like that?

BOD
14-01-2005, 09:42 AM
The reason I was looking so carefully is because I've yet to play Space Dementia live, so I was writing down EXACTLY what Matt does on the piano, and conflictions arose, basically. Plus, I noticed that half of it was out of sync, in passing.

Belisha Beacon
15-01-2005, 05:11 PM
i gt it from cdwow as a japanese import region 0. it plays fine on my dvd player. it doesnt hav darkshines on it. also if ur fussy and like good collectors packaging and stuff, then u mite like to kno tht th jap import is just an ordinary plastic box, not a card fold out thingy. i didnt kno this wen i bought it at th time and was quite shocked. but then i did pay £9 for it so i cant really complain.

No darkshines... but i got the Cd to so i still can hear darkshines.. It was only 8 bucks! i was in shock! with S+H it was 12 such a great deal. and i dont remember the website.. I got it off a link from the boards..

Thanks for the info guys...looks like I might have to make do with getting the normal one.

Burger with the Lot
15-01-2005, 08:37 PM
The reason I was looking so carefully is because I've yet to play Space Dementia live, so I was writing down EXACTLY what Matt does on the piano, and conflictions arose, basically. Plus, I noticed that half of it was out of sync, in passing.

Wouldn't you just do it by ear if the visual made no sense? Seems to me you have a talent for music and would be able to hear what's going on.... that's how I always do it with guitars. Only when I'm really stumped do I ever go to visuals... and that's before I go to a tab! Not that I can read... :LOL:

Then ofcourse there's writing your own...

Always trust your ears!

Rogue_Muse
15-01-2005, 09:08 PM
actually, i'd love to kow what drugs you were on to make it so you could sit there and peer at the TV and notice all these little things. lol

i want some of it, whatever it is.
Jimson weed, i'll get you some as long as you promise not to end up nude, dead in a desert.

BOD
15-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Wouldn't you just do it by ear if the visual made no sense? Seems to me you have a talent for music and would be able to hear what's going on.... that's how I always do it with guitars. Only when I'm really stumped do I ever go to visuals... and that's before I go to a tab! Not that I can read... :LOL:

Then ofcourse there's writing your own...

Always trust your ears!

No, because for example, when he's dragging his hands up the piano at the end, he's doing it on both the black and white keys for example, which you can't really hear.

If the visual is there, I'll use it. It just makes things easier. And I used the audio obviously to construct the final product, but I just happened to be watching the DVD at the time, so I used that. :confused: Trivial

Wink-wink,Nudge-nudge
15-01-2005, 10:29 PM
BLIMEY, you know your stuff.

BOD
16-01-2005, 01:49 AM
BLIMEY, you know your stuff.

I do???

Jupiter_Moonchild
16-01-2005, 02:06 AM
My copy *jumps* as they pan out from the band,
just after 'in your world' then it *judders* and then its fine.

I noticed the chords and things didn't match up when I first got it.
It doesn't ruin it in any way. Some of the camera angles are a bit
odd. The one that has me laughing is the one thats on the guitar
itself when he smashes it up! Roller coaster!!!

Did anyone else notice the two pairs of eyes staring out from
behind the TV screen on the extra footage?
It's the bit where they have a TV with Matt on it mincing about
getting himself ready and there's a video recorder sat on top of it?
I think it's Matt and Dom, it made me jump the first time I saw it.
Muse are FREAKY people!

BOD
16-01-2005, 02:58 AM
I know! I hardly ever notice that, but when I did, it made me larf a bit.

SilentViewer
16-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Heh, I saw that and thought : "Whaddya know, it's Matt and Dom. How'd they get there?" :p

the italian mafia
16-01-2005, 06:46 PM

your sad

Hal
16-01-2005, 08:22 PM
That is remarkbly well spotted, I'm very impressed. I'm almost certain that it is because it was on 2 nights so at some points like that the visuals and sound may not match up. I noticed the 2 nights thing a while ago when it occured to me that darkshines is on the album but not the dvd, which puzzled me slightly so i read the back of both cases.

An interesting parallel is that they played 2 nights at Earl's Court. Unfortunately matt had to go and wear a different coat both nights so they can't use footage from both mixed together to make a new dvd :(

BOD
16-01-2005, 09:43 PM
An interesting parallel is that they played 2 nights at Earl's Court. Unfortunately matt had to go and wear a different coat both nights so they can't use footage from both mixed together to make a new dvd :(

Yeah I thought that.

And Italian Mafia, please shut up. If you're not going to bother understanding this thread properly, quote my entire post then say two meaningless and effectless words, then don't say anything at all. I don't think attention to detail and good initiative to immitate Muse so that I perform their songs well is sad. Arse. Ironic post at that. At least I've got something creative to do, instead of the crap you come up with. Another irritant I had to spray.

the italian mafia
16-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah I thought that.

And Italian Mafia, please shut up. If you're not going to bother understanding this thread properly, quote my entire post then say two meaningless and effectless words, then don't say anything at all. I don't think attention to detail and good initiative to immitate Muse so that I perform their songs well is sad. Arse. Ironic post at that. At least I've got something creative to do, instead of the crap you come up with. Another irritant I had to spray.
oooh! touchy. u dont know wat irony means.
i can play wat matt plays live. its not really hard. ur not the only one in the world who plays the piano. and ur not creative if ur simply immitating muse. tit. ur about creating as the pen lid im chewing right now.
why is immitating showing initiative anyway?!

xtrememachineuk
16-01-2005, 10:21 PM
From what I have heard, closeups were recorded on one of the Hullabaloo nights and distant pans, etc were done on the other, thats probably why there are some differences on the DVD between shots.

BOD
16-01-2005, 11:09 PM
oooh! touchy. u dont know wat irony means.
i can play wat matt plays live. its not really hard. ur not the only one in the world who plays the piano. and ur not creative if ur simply immitating muse. tit. ur about creating as the pen lid im chewing right now.
why is immitating showing initiative anyway?!

Number one, I never said I was the only one in the world who plays piano. So that's stupid for a start. Secondly, the fact that I'm performing Muse's songs and learning them and playing them is creative, idiot. You're chewing a pen lid. Oh dear. And you're not writing properly. Just don't waste your time.

No, the initiative is getting down and actually doing something. In this case, I actually got down and tried my best to play Space Dementia the way Matt does live. I'm not going to gently play Space Dementia not-arsedly at half the tempo it's meant to be played at, like I've heard a lot of people do, which is fine of course, it's just not what I'm doing. That's why I'm actually trying hard.

Anyway, this whole stupid "ur sad" comment is completely irrelevant and unnecessary, go and irritate somebody else please.

BOD
16-01-2005, 11:10 PM
From what I have heard, closeups were recorded on one of the Hullabaloo nights and distant pans, etc were done on the other, thats probably why there are some differences on the DVD between shots.

That's interesting that is... I suppose it makes sense really, because then you get everything that you can possibly get footage wise. I always wondered how they just happened to be doing a certain shot when they needed to be, when Matt did something spontaneous for example. Interesting...

Wink-wink,Nudge-nudge
16-01-2005, 11:12 PM
That's interesting that is... I suppose it makes sense really, because then you get everything that you can possibly get footage wise. I always wondered how they just happened to be doing a certain shot when they needed to be, when Matt did something spontaneous for example. Interesting...

Probably so they could catch anything unusual and funny that happened on the nights.

BOD
16-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Probably so they could catch anything unusual and funny that happened on the nights.

Yeah, probably one reason. Tom Kirk is a clever man isn't he, doing all that work. Sigh.

Jupiter_Moonchild
16-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Tom should write a book on survival tips too.

greatbigsquirrel
18-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Jimson weed, i'll get you some as long as you promise not to end up nude, dead in a desert.
HA HA HA. you must have taken some yourself if you think you live in the matrix in bellamy's underware. lol
and he didn't die from the jimson weed, remember?
he died cuz his dumb ass friend was hallucinating and suffocated him. lol
my CSI knowledge PWNs.

Tom should write a book on survival tips too.

yeah, he should also:
A. prune his uni-brow
B. lay on my floor and pretend to be a bear rug
and/or
C. shave it all off and knit a bag of sweaters and mittens for the poor in the entire british/irish island mass. I'm sure there's enough there. :LOL:

my goodness he's furry. lol
i've learned this in the photogenic tom thread.
I'm not mean.
i just seem that way for comic effect. lol
tell me i'm wrong.

Jupiter_Moonchild
18-01-2005, 01:11 PM
hehehe I was serious, about the survival tips.

I got flattened at an Opus Trees gig by a girl wanting to get
closer to the band. I got my leg stuck in a swivel chair
trying to get into a good position for a photo and after
spending just one day with them, I was so knackered I thought
I was going to collapse! I can't even begin to explain the
madness that went on in the pub after one gig.
He's with them 24/7 he's probably suffering post traumatic stress :LOL:

So yeah survival tips would be handy!
He can have his own dvd of Tom's Tips but it has to be in the
style of Jesse's tips from the fast show hahah.

greatbigsquirrel
19-01-2005, 07:56 AM
poor witchy.
*hugs*

well... i was sort of being serious too...
and i doubt having his own groupies bothers him that much.
probably a nice bonus to the job. lol

hey witchy, you take pictures... which like shutter speed and aperature would i need to take a picture of the night sky without it blurring or just plain having nothing show up?
next time lunar eclipse comes around i want to get some shots.

now that i've remembered something ... i've realised tom is just creepy anyhow. lol
when i went to the philly concert he was standing there staring at me for a minute or two. at least until i started staring back.
i'm like, fuck, what does this creepy dude want?
well, people stare at me a lot anyway.
i'll live.
so what if it's a quasi-famous person.
actually, most of my thoughts were consumed by how shockingly ugly his shirt was. lol

uh, anyway, i can't wait to see hullabaloo. :happy:

Jupiter_Moonchild
19-01-2005, 04:56 PM
poor witchy.
*hugs*

hey witchy, you take pictures... which like shutter speed and aperature would i need to take a picture of the night sky without it blurring or just plain having nothing show up?
next time lunar eclipse comes around i want to get some shots.

If you're going to take pics of the lunar eclipse, get a tripod.
Not sure on the shutter speed, because the moon moves so if your lens is open too long it will blurr anyway.
less than 200 might do it. My photography is more the artsy fartsy side than the technical side.
If you get a throw away camera, don't get a normal one, get one that's for underwater pics, they pick up more light in the dark.
Good for concerts where flash isn't allowed. ;)
Hope that helps.

Rogue_Muse
19-01-2005, 06:33 PM
HA HA HA. you must have taken some yourself if you think you live in the matrix in bellamy's underware. lol
and he didn't die from the jimson weed, remember?
he died cuz his dumb ass friend was hallucinating and suffocated him. lol
my CSI knowledge PWNs.

yeah, he should also:
A. prune his uni-brow
B. lay on my floor and pretend to be a bear rug
and/or
C. shave it all off and knit a bag of sweaters and mittens for the poor in the entire british/irish island mass. I'm sure there's enough there. :LOL:

my goodness he's furry. lol
i've learned this in the photogenic tom thread.
I'm not mean.
i just seem that way for comic effect. lol
tell me i'm wrong.

:LOL: haha you are right, your knowledge of CSI does pwn (what does that mean?) and i am ashamed. If you ask Matt he will tell you how i came to think that i am in his underwear

gary666
22-01-2005, 11:46 PM
What's you Faverite part of the Hullabaloo DVD?

xtrememachineuk
22-01-2005, 11:50 PM
My favourite part:

Live DVD - I think Matt's face is funny just before he plays the chorus of Muscle Museum, just you watch and see, it looks like he's seen something awful.

Docu DVD - Where Matt whips Dom on the arse with his fishing rod (it might have been Chris, I can't remember)

fiona_j
23-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Well I dont know about my fav part, but the worst part was when, after 2 months amazon still hadnt bloody delivered it, so I dont actually have it!

Wink-wink,Nudge-nudge
23-01-2005, 12:51 AM
On the extra footage: Dom and Chris' 'gay' shower scene. Fucking hilarious

Ollie of Symmetry
23-01-2005, 12:54 AM
the live dvd: it would av to be unintended, so amazingly beutiful and real..

ont he footage: it would av to be wen the lads r out fishin and dom is tyin
the string round the magit thing, and matt just makes a sneaky comment of 'we've found doms hidden talent' the first time i heards that ,cause matt says it quietly, it was proper comedy the first time :p

Simno
23-01-2005, 12:56 AM
On the live DVD it is definately the performance of Cave, that is unreal! Err.. will get my thinking cap on about the docu. part!

beki
23-01-2005, 04:33 AM
on the live dvd it's gotta be bliss and on the docu.......it's a toughie but I think-as no-ones mentioned it yet Dom with the slipknot mask. pure genius!

groovcat
23-01-2005, 05:01 AM
i like when they're in the head shop and everything gets blurry and then Matts on the floor with a bottle of champagne he pops open and starts to write something with on the floor and then you see Matt passed out in the lobby and Dom walking around trying to get him up and can't so he sits down and continues to drink by himself.

Sketch
23-01-2005, 05:44 AM
On the live dvd: just when they start Microcuts, when Matt smashes his guitar on into one of the amps (I think, i can't remember) , when everyone's clapping to Newborn.

On the footage: When Matt's passed out on the floor and Dom's trying to wake him up, when they're fishing, and a part where you hear Matt talk about being afraid but he talks very softly so you can hardly hear it.

Allure
23-01-2005, 06:10 AM
I am still desperately trying to get my filthy hands on this DVD.

tealranaway
23-01-2005, 06:43 AM
does anyone know where we could illegally download the documentary part of the dvd? i'm dying to see it too and i'll do anything at this point....

Crisping Lover
23-01-2005, 07:02 AM
matts little twirl/and solo on citizen erased

or maybe the girl getting ass banged before the bridge to plug-in baby

Fallen
23-01-2005, 09:04 AM
During Feeling Good when Matt throws confetti on himself.
When Matt's asleep on the floor next to the sofa.

Louise F
23-01-2005, 11:32 AM
'SIT THE FUCK DOOWN!'
That part rules.

TheKenworthy
23-01-2005, 11:36 AM
for me it's Citizen Erased... i love that song and the Hullabaloo version is simply amazing.

Mort
23-01-2005, 11:58 AM
DVD1: The lot of it, although I always skip the slow songs. Probably New Born though.
DVD2: Doms slipknot skit. Just for Matt's laughter and the Mexican hat.

alextheguitardude
23-01-2005, 12:05 PM
on the accuall concert hyper music cus its my favorite song but the evil face in muscle musseum is kinda great lol

but on the extra features the bit were they go fishing and matt drops the fish lmao

and matts laugh during doms slipknow impresseion omg thats so funny lmao!!!

Sid
23-01-2005, 12:05 PM
DVD 1 - Bliss at the end is amazing, and uno.
DVD 2 - Dom and the slipknot mask and the fishing trip.

xpolkerdotx
23-01-2005, 12:21 PM
when muse go mental when they are playing bliss at the end. thats so cool :cool:

mayblossom
23-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Its got to be pwoper fish. Closely followed by Matt cracking up at Dom doing Slipknot. How I love that dvd!

dukelion
23-01-2005, 01:13 PM
hahah Dom in the Slipknot mask, i was drunk last night and decided to watch the whole of disc 2, it went by in like 10 mins altho it was like 37/47mins or something, i fell off my chair when he was doin that "SIT THE FUUCK DOWN!"

as for fave part, i'd say ending of Bliss when all the balloons come down and they look like they're having a kick ass time on stage :)

tsp_thesmallprint
23-01-2005, 01:23 PM
i like all of hullabaloo. But the bit where matt goes and stands behind the curtain on plug in baby is pretty awsome, or the end of bliss....actually....i just keep remembering things, another one is at the end of screenager(i think) when he does that odd pose. Thats cool

SIT THE FUCK DOWN, and when chris is scared of the worm, then cant put the fish back becuase he is so shit scared of it. :LOL:

Nibbana
23-01-2005, 07:20 PM
The Slipknot impression was so funny! Matt was laughin so much at it, he has a very weird laugh, but it is still great!

Darkshines
23-01-2005, 07:38 PM
does anyone know where we could illegally download the documentary part of the dvd? i'm dying to see it too and i'll do anything at this point....

OO..i want to know too!! Someone please do help! :ohmy:

garc
23-01-2005, 07:55 PM
i love the bit tha swaps from piano to gitar in new born :D tis amazingand then in bliss hes running aorund and he makes the cutes little face:D oo hes gorgous and then the way he laughs when doms doing the slip not impresion its ooo cute *swoon*

23-01-2005, 07:56 PM
On the extra footage: Dom and Chris' 'gay' shower scene. Fucking hilarious

Same here. :LOL: I liked the fishing bit too, where Chris seemed really grossed out. And the classic slipknot impression from Dom.

i love the bit tha swaps from piano to gitar in new born :D tis amazingand then in bliss hes running aorund and he makes the cutes little face:D oo hes gorgous and then the way he laughs when doms doing the slip not impresion its ooo cute *swoon*

I allways love the transitions from piano to guitar in newborn cuz they differ so much.

rockchik
23-01-2005, 07:59 PM
'SIT THE FUCK DOOWN!'
That part rules.

that bit is hysterical, it cracks me up every time i watch it :D

Atheist95
23-01-2005, 08:16 PM
the whole slipknot p-i-s-s take bit :LOL:

Dark0rator
23-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Live: HAS to be Bliss, when the balloons come down and things go just crazy, it's brilliant!

Docu: "sit the fuck down" and Matt with the champagne bottle lol... it's also funny watching him with the sword in the stone lol

Saaz
23-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Like everyone else, the Slipknot, the fishing, and the champagne bottle and then smacking Dom on the arse with a cushion :LOL:
But also its funny when they crowd dive at the end and it all goes a bit wrong. And you can hear Matt saying 'I tried to grab onto a balloon, but it snapped' and Dom saying 'There was all these faces under me going 'fuck' and 'bleugh'" Well, it makes me laugh, and they have to get yanked out. :LOL: Hardk00r! :LOL:

MusEsuM
24-01-2005, 04:46 PM
I have so many, but a few of my favourites would have to be in the documentary where the camera sneaks up on matt playin the piano and then he sudenly turns around with that cute look on his face and there's a bottle of wine on the floor:happy:
and another one is when matt flicks water all over doms face and he just starts laughing hysterically.

Audioslave Inc
24-01-2005, 05:48 PM
The best moments of those two insane gigs mixed together :

The start with Tom Waits then Dead Frickin Star with that black dwarf standing on the piano
2/The insanity of Citizen with Dom doing the countdown to madness
3/DarkShines beautiful sensuality and passion, masterfully captured by the cameras and leading to a delicious and enthralling climax
4/In Your World s intro and ass kicking riffs
5/New Born s piano part with Dom clapping with his drum sticks then going on hands in the air before the insane guitar s riff explodes and apocalypse arises then

Mr._Enlightened
24-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Actually owning it would be a good start

when i have money i can't find it, when i find it i have no money, life sucks!

*~SugarSnow~*
24-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Live: I love it when Matt goes abracadabra with his hand and the pretty pink confetti goes floating, during Feeling Good.

Docu: The fishing trip is uber uber fun!!
And the Russian MacDonalds sign. Just because it's random.

I think. I change my mind too often. :happy:

Darkshines
24-01-2005, 06:25 PM
I have so many, but a few of my favourites would have to be in the documentary where the camera sneaks up on matt playin the piano and then he sudenly turns around with that cute look on his face and there's a bottle of wine on the floor:happy:
and another one is when matt flicks water all over doms face and he just starts laughing hysterically.

hey! i might have a actuallly seen that funny enough since i don't even have the 2nd disk! Think it's a clip i got off of kazaa. Boy can he play the piano! And he does look oh so cute when he's caught off guard with the camera in his face..haha.

Darkshines
24-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Live: I love it when Matt goes abracadabra with his hand and the pretty pink confetti goes floating, during Feeling Good.

Docu: The fishing trip is uber uber fun!!
And the Russian MacDonalds sign. Just because it's random.

I think. I change my mind too often. :happy:

yes...confetti moment was nice :happy:

xtrememachineuk
24-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I like the fishing trip bit, it is funny, and who would've thought that Chris would be scared of a tiny fish?

Still, Dom's Slipknot impression is even funnier, and Matt's laugh is just hilarious.

mayblossom
24-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Also, trying to drink the bidet water while sitting on it. And there's a very short shot of Chris spliced in amongst other stuff where he just gets a sock on the jaw. I love it.

RadioBread
24-01-2005, 07:21 PM
hyper music into agitated and then matt smashing his guitar. was agitated a new song that was never used or just a jam kinda thing?

moocow
24-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Errr......extended Bliss at the end

The clown theme on the church organ. :D Then chris gets hit by a shoe for about 0.45 seconds....back to clown theme :LOL:

mayblossom
24-01-2005, 07:49 PM
The clown theme on the church organ. :D Then chris gets hit by a shoe for about 0.45 seconds....back to clown theme :LOL:
Yeah, thats the bit I was thinking of.

Saaz
24-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Don't forget the bit where they're in the jaccuzzi :LOL:

Sparrow
24-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Whats the difference between the CD and the DVD? ( I know, I'm thick). Is it purely the CD is music and the DVD is video?

Sorry for this ridiculous spam. :confused:

Meep
24-01-2005, 08:27 PM
The CD has a few of the live tracks on as well as the b-sides

The DVD has the full gig video (a merge of both days) as well as a bonus DVD with extra footage of Muse 'out and about' :happy:

This thread has made me put the DVD on now and I love it so much! I just got to the part where they are shooting photos for the hullabaloo covers. Matt's 'penguin' walk thingy makes me laugh :LOL:

Meep
24-01-2005, 08:35 PM
This bit made me laugh too:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/condemned_missy/snapshot20050124201424.bmp

I never noticed Matt and Dom's heads at the top of the TV before :p

museykitkats
24-01-2005, 08:51 PM
My mum was in the room when I was watching it. Now she's worried about me listening to Muse because she thinks Matts a "disgusting man" for spitting on the ground at one point. Lol.

Darkshines
24-01-2005, 08:56 PM
This bit made me laugh too:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/condemned_missy/snapshot20050124201424.bmp

I never noticed Matt and Dom's heads at the top of the TV before :p

:LOL: :LOL: That looks so funny! It looks as though they're ashamed and hiding or something. And is that a shirtless matt i see on the TV screen??? hehe

xtrememachineuk
24-01-2005, 09:40 PM
My mum was in the room when I was watching it. Now she's worried about me listening to Muse because she thinks Matts a "disgusting man" for spitting on the ground at one point. Lol.

I watched the DVD not so long ago, did you notice the massive pool of spit right next to his chair, eeeeew :eek: :confused:

fiona_howard
24-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Its def got to be the Dom Slipknot impression, genious! :LOL: :unsure:
Does anyone know who the old man is when Matts on a scotter going down what looks like a hotel corridor, its about half way through, that makes me laugh!

Saaz
24-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Its def got to be the Dom Slipknot impression, genious! :LOL: :unsure:
Does anyone know who the old man is when Matts on a scotter going down what looks like a hotel corridor, its about half way through, that makes me laugh!
Haha yeah who is he? And he's watching Dom drum from the wings and claps with a cigar in his mouth :LOL:

Muse_Brownie
24-01-2005, 10:40 PM
the gay shower between dom and chris. wish they had on LESS clothing. :LOL:

oh, and the concert was good too. ;) :D

donnie_dark
28-01-2005, 12:04 PM
I love the way Tom has edited the bits where you can just see blurred bodies moving around. It's so obvious it's them (or someone) having sex, but you geniunly can't see who/where.

tsp_thesmallprint
28-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Also, trying to drink the bidet water while sitting on it. And there's a very short shot of Chris spliced in amongst other stuff where he just gets a sock on the jaw. I love it.
HAHAH yeh, is that the bit whilst matt is playing the organ (hahah that bit is also very funny :LOL: ) and right in the middle its just a short shot of chris being hit? HAHAHA thats soo good

Dead Bliss
28-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I love pratically everything about the dvd.

But I wish there was some way of viewing it online, As I want something to watch while i'm meant to be doing work at college :rolleyes: I'm sure the college won't mind.

Anyone know of anyone who has/could host it on a site. I preferbly need .mov format [ quicktime ]

Meep
28-01-2005, 12:52 PM
HAHAH yeh, is that the bit whilst matt is playing the organ (hahah that bit is also very funny :LOL: ) and right in the middle its just a short shot of chris being hit? HAHAHA thats soo good
hehe, lets see it again :

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/1328/hit3wq.gif

Celtic Rose
28-01-2005, 12:58 PM
The whole thing is brilliant. If people want actual copies, I can get them for you!

tsp_thesmallprint
28-01-2005, 02:03 PM
hehe, lets see it again :

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/1328/hit3wq.gif
HAHA wikid, do u mind if i used that in my sig?

Oh yeh, and how did u do that?

€ngel
28-01-2005, 02:05 PM
:LOL: :LOL: That's great. :LOL:

Meep
28-01-2005, 02:05 PM
HAHA wikid, do u mind if i used that in my sig?

Nope go ahead!

I don't make them with the intention of no-one else seeing them hehe :happy:

Meep
28-01-2005, 02:07 PM

I use power DVD to take snapshots of each frame and then use GIF Movie Gear to make them into an a animation

mayblossom
28-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Meep, that bit of animation is great. Well done you. Now I'll be smiling all afternoon.

Meep
28-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Meep, that bit of animation is great. Well done you. Now I'll be smiling all afternoon.
awww thankyou!

Movie Gear is my new favourite toy at the moment hehe

tsp_thesmallprint
28-01-2005, 02:27 PM
awww thankyou!

Movie Gear is my new favourite toy at the moment hehe
Is that free and downloadable?

Meep
28-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Is that free and downloadable?
Yes

You can download the 30 day trial version although I'm down to my last 6 days so i'll tell you if you can still cheat and use it afterwards :happy:

Type in gif movie gear to google and you should find somewhere to download it from

tsp_thesmallprint
28-01-2005, 02:41 PM
ok wikid, i might wait till i get my computer next week:D:D thats when im getting broadband, and this computer doesnt really need nething else downloaded onto it...:unsure:

28-01-2005, 03:55 PM
its not on hullaballoo but the live american muslce museum video he has the funniest face when the crescendo comes in and he looks so fitt in night vision

Clunge
28-01-2005, 04:06 PM
The best bit of hullabaloo is on darkshines where matt doesa weird guitar slide at about 3:45 (on teh CD)

Skilly McRailnob
28-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Has the Hullabaloo dvd been released in the US (region 1) yet? Thanks.

yummypixiedust
28-01-2005, 11:53 PM
No.

Wollabalooza
28-01-2005, 11:57 PM
It hasn't?? I thought only OoS has been unreleased :confused:

|Cypher|
29-01-2005, 12:08 AM
I don't see why it would be released in the states. It would be as pointless as releasing OOS. Not only would you be taking a steop back you would be confusing a lot of people.

If they do release an Earls court DVD, which I am convinced they will, It would be better to release that.

shaggy28
29-01-2005, 12:27 AM
i was at best buy here in the states after christmas and out of curiousity asked what all they could have shipped to the store and so i asked about hullabaloo and they said "oh that doesn't come out till feb 2nd.' he showed it to me on the screen but i can't find it now on their site. But i did hear and see that it was to be released on feb 2. for what good it is.

HoBag
29-01-2005, 01:19 AM
I don't see why it would be released in the states. It would be as pointless as releasing OOS. Not only would you be taking a steop back you would be confusing a lot of people.

If they do release an Earls court DVD, which I am convinced they will, It would be better to release that.

Maybe muse is doing it for the fans that have liked them since the start!

isabelyalex
29-01-2005, 05:11 AM
i was at best buy here in the states after christmas and out of curiousity asked what all they could have shipped to the store and so i asked about hullabaloo and they said "oh that doesn't come out till feb 2nd.' he showed it to me on the screen but i can't find it now on their site. But i did hear and see that it was to be released on feb 2. for what good it is.

That would be awesome :D if it were true. I went to Best Buy today and asked about the String Quartet Tribute to Muse and that supposedly has been pushed back to Feb 8th. We'll see. At least the Wiltern stuff will be broadcasted on FUSE (tom mentioned it).

HoBag
29-01-2005, 09:50 AM
That would be awesome :D if it were true. I went to Best Buy today and asked about the String Quartet Tribute to Muse and that supposedly has been pushed back to Feb 8th. We'll see. At least the Wiltern stuff will be broadcasted on FUSE (tom mentioned it).

When will it be on FUSE?

Skilly McRailnob
30-01-2005, 01:25 PM

One of the dumbest things I've ever read. If the Hullabaloo cd is available in region 1, why not the dvd?

*~SugarSnow~*
30-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Uh...do CDs even have regions?

roswell
30-01-2005, 04:28 PM
i think fishing part :) they r soo funny :LOL:

*~SugarSnow~*
30-01-2005, 04:30 PM
I miss Mr Enlightened...

jimmy_kane
30-01-2005, 07:40 PM
my fav part is wen he sams his guitar into his cab.

i kno sm ppl say tht it is so wreckless and that there are people whod do nethin to hav an instrument like that, and normally id agree.

but wen matt does it, it just seems right, like some kind of frustrated wild animal going physco cos its just been caged up by nasty nasty ppl.

hehe
but the question is...........

Wat frustrated wild animal would matt be?????

Linsy
13-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey, i may have been slightly misleading with the thread title,..........but still :p

i downloaded an old bbc clip of Muse performing "cant take my eyes off of you" and Dom was "singing"!!!!!!!!!! ok maybe not singing, but he had a mike with his drum kit and he was doing the "na na na na na-na na-na-na na na's"!!!! hee hee..... :D and he was wearing an adorable beanie :D did anyone else see this?!!

did Muse release C.T.M.E.O.O.Y as a single?! i also had some queries about the hullabaloo soundtrack..............(bear with me)

1) what is the hullabaloo soundtrack? (e.g. why's it called a soundtrack?)

2)why isnt it counted as an album? because it was a bunch of completely new songs (right?)

3) i was watching the videos for "in your world" and "dead star" , and i know they are off hullabaloo.................so why do they have videos? were they released as singles?!!

4) was hullabaloo recorded in a studio? (im guessin it wasnt) coz i thought the hullabaloo soundtrack was a bunch of new songs (from 2001) that were performed at le zenith and recorded live...........is this true?!!

sorry 4 chattin a lot of sh*t :D

CHEERS - linsy

Argeiphontes
13-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey, i may have been slightly misleading with the thread title,..........but still :p

i downloaded an old bbc clip of Muse performing "cant take my eyes off of you" and Dom was "singing"!!!!!!!!!! ok maybe not singing, but he had a mike with his drum kit and he was doing the "na na na na na-na na-na-na na na's"!!!! hee hee..... :D and he was wearing an adorable beanie :D did anyone else see this?!!

did Muse release C.T.M.E.O.O.Y as a single?! i also had some queries about the hullabaloo soundtrack..............(bear with me)

2)why isnt it counted as an album? because it was a bunch of completely new songs (right?)

3) i was watching the videos for "in your world" and "dead star" , and i know they are off hullabaloo.................so why do they have videos? were they released as singles?!!

4) was hullabaloo recorded in a studio? (im guessin it wasnt) coz i thought the hullabaloo soundtrack was a bunch of new songs (from 2001) that were performed at le zenith and recorded live...........is this true?!!

sorry 4 chattin a lot of sh*t :D

CHEERS - linsy

yeah, i know about that clip. And i think Dom singing is the highlight of it...even if he's only going "nanananananana"

Plus all those songs were not completely new, they are all B-Sides that were on the various singles that Muse have released as was CTMEOY.

13-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Where can yeh download this clip? ;)

Sophie.
13-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Where can yeh download this clip? ;)

Yeah. I've seen it hanging around somewhere, but I didn't think it worth downloading.

Where can we find it, people?!

Louise F
13-02-2005, 12:29 PM
oooo, I want it.

(Where can i get it?)

Wollabalooza
13-02-2005, 12:41 PM
oooo, I want it.

(Where can i get it?)
Me too! :D

Sparrow
13-02-2005, 12:46 PM
If this is Can't take my eyes off you I have it...

Wollabalooza
13-02-2005, 12:48 PM
If this is Can't take my eyes off you I have it...
The vid of Dom singing "na na na etc's" is what we want! :D

Sparrow
13-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Ooh. No I don't have the video :$

The dying atheist
13-02-2005, 12:50 PM
It's on emule "muse-BBC recovered- can't take...etc"
I have to see that :D

Linsy
13-02-2005, 12:53 PM
erm well...........i could send it 2 u.............or what i did was: (not meaning to corrupt law abiding citizens)

1)go to google type in "Ares" (which is like kazaa or napster- an ILLEGAL downloady thingummy) im tryin 2 stop using it :$

2)click on the 4th result u get after searching or http://www.aresgalaxy.org/

3)click on get Ares now (with the purple background)

4)click the download button for either "ares lite edition" or "ares regular edition"

5)then after youve downloaded it (which should take like 1 minute) open it.......

6)then go to the top toolbar thingy and click on "search"

7) then on the left hand side of the screen click on "video" to narrow down ur search............

8)type in "Muse"

9) wait a couple of minutes and u should find a result labelled "video 2 - can't take my eyes off of you"

10)double click on this and it will start to download (it shouldnt take too long maybe half an hour or less coz ur only downloadin one thing)

11)to see how far it has downloaded go to the toolbar at the top of the page and click on "transfer" (near the right)

12)if it has finished downloading double click on it to view it and ur done :D

thankx 4 all of ur replyz :D (my email is sticky_lynnz@hotmail.com - i know theres no need to take the piss)

and erm does ne1 know if Dom has actually ever sung in concert b4?!!! coz he looked really cool in the C.T.M.E.O.O.Y live vid, and he looked like he was enjoying it!! :D

cheers-linsy

Wollabalooza
13-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Please can you send it to me? :D

Linsy
13-02-2005, 12:57 PM
soz 4 chattin more sh*t but im stoooopid and dont know how to put a pic in my sig coz if i did then i could play C.T.M.E.O.O.Y. in Ares and take a print screen of Dom "singing" or summat and put that in my sig.... :D

id be grateful if sum1 could explain how 2........... :D

cheers - linsy

Meep
13-02-2005, 01:07 PM
BBc recovered video of Can't Take My Eyes Off You available here:

http://www.invictus.softmeg.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1970#download

Register first then you can download. If you have any problems with the clip then read the rest of the thread and hopefully you can sort it :happy:

Wollabalooza
13-02-2005, 01:19 PM
BBc recovered video of Can't Take My Eyes Off You available here:

http://www.invictus.softmeg.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1970#download

Register first then you can download. If you have any problems with the clip then read the rest of the thread and hopefully you can sort it :happy:
Thank you :D
Really everything is found there but I'm just lost..

I can't watch it :'(
I should download something but I can't :(

RadioBread
13-02-2005, 01:30 PM
the muse live vid wont play!!!!!!!!!!!! goddamit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meep
13-02-2005, 01:32 PM
the muse live vid wont play!!!!!!!!!!!! goddamit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read the thread if you are having problems. You may need to download the kazaalite codec pack. You get windows media classic with it which plays it perfectly.

13-02-2005, 01:50 PM
It worked fine when I downloaded it.
It's a pretty cool performance! :happy:

snapdragon
13-02-2005, 02:26 PM

It's a double CD, one CD is a collection of B-sides, the second is live recordings in 2001 from the gig at Le Zenith, Paris.

They also released a Hullabaloo DVD featuring the entire Le Zenith gig, plus a 40 minute documentary and some other bits and pieces.

It's not a studio album - apart from the live recordings of Dead Star and In Your World all the other tracks had been recorded and released at some point previously.

Yes, as a double A side. The B-sides were Can't Take My Eyes Off You and Futurism. Where were you?!

The b-sides were all recorded between 1999 and 2001, I'm guessing in a studio of some sort or other, although with Muse how can you tell... The second disc is live recordings.

Gemsy
13-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Because Hullabaloo is the DVD, and the CD is all the songs off of it, making it the sound track.
Yes.

Argeiphontes
13-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Because Hullabaloo is the DVD, and the CD is all the songs off of it, making it the sound track.
Yes.

what was the "yes" about?

Linsy
13-02-2005, 06:23 PM
thank you sooooo much 4 all your replyz!!!! :D

Wollabalooza
13-02-2005, 06:28 PM
thank you sooooo much 4 all your replyz!!!! :D
:D Thank you for telling us of the vid ;)

Linsy
13-02-2005, 06:32 PM
:D My pleasure :D ......................when i saw the fantastikal Dom "singing" as it were, i had to share how pleased i was with sum1!!!! :D

thanks 4 being soooo kind!!! :D

Wollabalooza
13-02-2005, 06:50 PM
:D My pleasure :D ......................when i saw the fantastikal Dom "singing" as it were, i had to share how pleased i was with sum1!!!! :D

thanks 4 being soooo kind!!! :D
:D There certainly is something in these smileys :D

Linsy
13-02-2005, 07:01 PM
:D there sure is :D

Wollabalooza
13-02-2005, 07:26 PM
:D there sure is :D
:D It's that band that wants to revenge Muse for taking 4 words from their song :D
:D They've put something in them :D

Linsy
13-02-2005, 07:44 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

kevin_erased
04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Hullabaloo DVD that will work with region 1 DVD players? i'm having trouble finding it.

~screenager~
04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Tried eBay? Hang on, no actually - I don't think there is a Region 1 version.

GroovyGod
04-05-2005, 09:07 PM
If you stick it in your PC you can play any region through Windows Media Player 10, failing that just buy a multi-region dvd player.

mezza
13-05-2005, 07:51 PM
hey i was watching hullaballo dvd, has been like a long time, lol. you know on disc 2, the bit when dom drives into a table full of alcohol, theres that song playing in the background, i just dunno what it is....anyone know, its obviously a muse song...im a bit confused. if u know anychance you could send it to me? PM me plus after the table of alcohol scene theres a women saying she has a cold, has blonde hair...whos she?

thanks mezza xxx

nirajp
13-05-2005, 07:58 PM
if i remember correctly, its Shine Acoustic. All the background music on Disc 2 is the b-sides on the Hullabaloo Soundtrack CD.

aur0rabells
13-05-2005, 08:14 PM
if i remember correctly, its Shine Acoustic. All the background music on Disc 2 is the b-sides on the Hullabaloo Soundtrack CD.
yep. on the back of the dvd booklet, it says "all tracks written by bellamy" except for a couple songs that are listed after that.

mezza
13-05-2005, 09:04 PM
yeah i know that lol, i just wanna know that specific song

~screenager~
13-05-2005, 09:42 PM
"all tracks writen by bellamy
published by taste music ltd. except
music accompanying the 'scrap for the drum stick'
'head to head' by fingathing taken from 'the main event'
gccd108. published by fingathing federation"

~Hayles~
14-05-2005, 08:01 PM
who's that lass then? :$

polka_dot_princess
14-05-2005, 08:52 PM
who's that lass then? :$

good point.

mezza
14-05-2005, 09:47 PM
thats what im still thinking and whats the song?!

Bexie
15-05-2005, 08:01 AM
thats what im still thinking and whats the song?!
Read, dammit!
head to head' by fingathing

mezza
15-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Read, dammit!
head to head' by fingathing
yes i did read that, but i was confused cos matt was singing, so i thought it may have a been a bside i didnt know...ok so you say 'head to head'

Clunge
15-05-2005, 12:49 PM
YAY - i ordered hullabaloo a few days ago, it had better be worth it

elby
15-05-2005, 12:55 PM
yes i did read that, but i was confused cos matt was singing, so i thought it may have a been a bside i didnt know...ok so you say 'head to head'

The song by finga thing accompanies, as it says in the booklet and is quoted above, in the scrap for Dom's drumstick. The bit in night vision where people are fighting for Dom's drumstick. Pretty self-explanatory really.

The song in the background when Dom crashes into the alcohol table is Shine Acoustic.

aur0rabells
15-05-2005, 02:11 PM
YAY - i ordered hullabaloo a few days ago, it had better be worth it
you won't be disappointed :D

Crisping Lover
16-05-2005, 05:09 AM
it sounds like the b-side version on the hyper music single thats playing in the background

Clunge
16-05-2005, 08:52 AM
MOOOOHAH! - Hullabaloo arrived this morning, tis gonna destroy my french revision for today (and I have an oral tomorrow)

Nuber Beer
12-08-2005, 04:30 PM
If you tried to play it on a Ps2 and it came up 'Disk Read Error' it is most likely because the lasor in the PS2 is old, or has been used mostly for game and CD playing, there is likely nothing wrong with your DVD, but most likely the PS2 itself, I cant play most DVD's and CD's on my PS2 anymore, just games, I need the laser re-aligned, pfft. I just went out and brought myself a portable CD and DVd player, that way I can take Muse with me where-ever I go instead of being stuck with a chunky hardly working playstantion 2!...

Not knocking my Ps2 or anything I love it to bits, but it isent very reliable.

Anyway, try a different DVD player, if it doesnt work, then my idea wasent the problem and the disk is either screwed, or in the wrong format.

Nuber Beer
12-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Well arent I SO behind in the dates -stabs computer for taking her so far back into the PAST!!-

shadowkay
12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Well arent I SO behind in the dates -stabs computer for taking her so far back into the PAST!!-
ius there an easter egg on hullabsnoo?

Nuber Beer
12-08-2005, 04:37 PM
heheh this thread was posted like a year and a half ago, so yeh >_> ignore it for your own sake, blame my new broadband for being such a fag...

-stabs it again-

Bewilders
12-08-2005, 04:38 PM
heheh this thread was posted like a year and a half ago, so yeh >_> ignore it for your own sake, blame my new broadband for being such a fag...

-stabs it again-
:LOL: I was about to say that the thread was made ages ago.

Nuber Beer
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Shush you -_-;; I KNOW I have no brain, so shooooot me!!

-stabs self this time-

Bewilders
12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Shush you -_-;; I KNOW I have no brain, so shooooot me!!

-stabs self this time-
Emo :LOL:

greatbigsquirrel
12-08-2005, 08:39 PM
it's ok nuber. we all have our twatish days. lol

Bellamy
12-08-2005, 10:57 PM
so, how do you find out whatever the code thing is? i was thinking of buying the DVD as well, but after reading this :confused:

greatbigsquirrel
13-08-2005, 05:19 AM
well, it's usually on the cd case.
and most dvds from england will play on american ones, but it also likely that most of us have all region dvd players by now.

they don't cost much more and you can get it from wally world.
(err... walmart.)

Bellamy
13-08-2005, 05:35 AM
well, it's usually on the cd case.
and most dvds from england will play on american ones, but it also likely that most of us have all region dvd players by now.

they don't cost much more and you can get it from wally world.
(err... walmart.)

that'd mean i wont find out until i have it, and that'd be to late :stunned:

shadowkay
13-08-2005, 04:47 PM
that'd mean i wont find out until i have it, and that'd be to late :stunned:
its on the dvd at the bottom there will be a globe with a number if its 1 your ok anything else and youve wasted a tenner

Branny
13-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I don't remember who summed this up, but from my own experience ???
I have bought a few UK DVD's and when it says region free? It is exactly that.
But......it is the format of PAL vs. NTSC that is the bitch. Until I can get this:
http://www.codefreedvd.com/, my computer will have to suffice. ;)
It's not only "code free," but can read both PAL and NTSC........

Anyone wanna donate to the cause??? :chaplin:

Bakumatsu
28-01-2006, 04:42 PM
is that matt having sex with someone?

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6849/musehullabaloobonusdocumentair.jpg

Coco Mademoiselle
28-01-2006, 05:14 PM

stupid question..

of course.

aur0rabells
28-01-2006, 05:19 PM
stupid question..

of course.
:LOL:

on0z s3x0rrrr!

pff.

Coco Mademoiselle
28-01-2006, 05:24 PM

on0z s3x0rrrr!

pff.

i can't understand how he/she couldn't see it ! :LOL:

Linsy
28-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Good God......:eek: I didn't notice that.:$

Didn't he have a girlfriend at that point in time?

Coco Mademoiselle
28-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Good God......:eek: I didn't notice that.:$

Didn't he have a girlfriend at that point in time?

:rolleyes:

do you really think he cared about his girlfriend at this moment? :rolleyes:

haze015
28-01-2006, 05:54 PM
stupid question..

of course.

How do you know for sure? ;)

Coco Mademoiselle
28-01-2006, 05:55 PM

How do you know for sure? ;)

i am not stupid !! :LOL:

when you know muse profited of the groupies you can't doubt my friend ! :LOL:

Strawberry_Juice
28-01-2006, 05:57 PM

No, he's helping them make waffles for breakfast. Duh.
Haven't you ever made waffles before?

Coco Mademoiselle
28-01-2006, 05:58 PM
No, he's helping them make waffles for breakfast. Duh.
Haven't you ever made waffles before?

:LOL: :LOL:

depraw
28-01-2006, 06:00 PM
and u sure it's matt and not dom?:stunned: :p

Coco Mademoiselle
28-01-2006, 06:01 PM
and u sure it's matt and not dom?:stunned: :p

true we can't know !

Linsy
28-01-2006, 06:18 PM
:rolleyes: