PDA

View Full Version : 'Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum' (biography)

Pages : [1] 2

futurism best muse song
06-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Ive just read the book Inside The Muscle Museum by Ben Myers. I thought it was really good it had many muse facts that i didn't know and showed how the boys got into the business. I just wonered what all of you think of the book? (If you've read it)

Sole Silenzioso
06-07-2004, 09:42 PM
I think it's pretty good :cool:

(I'm sure that was a topic already on this book)

tjej
06-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Ive just read the book Inside The Muscle Museum by Ben Myers. I thought it was really good it had many muse facts that i didn't know and showed how the boys got into the business. I just wonered what all of you think of the book? (If you've read it)

My god. A muser that can read.

SpecialK
06-07-2004, 09:49 PM
i knew there was a french muse book, but theres one in english??

why was I not informed?, i am not pleased :mad:

Stu
06-07-2004, 09:57 PM
i knew there was a french muse book, but theres one in english??

why was I not informed?, i am not pleased :mad:
Its been out a while,
since about March I think???

It be a good read yes,
I didn't know it even existed until I read about in Kerrang mag a month or so ago, then I bought it :p

Sole Silenzioso
06-07-2004, 10:02 PM
I won it, that's why I'm reading it anyway...It was too expensive from Amazon :p

Feanor
06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
I saw it, but I always remember the Simpsons, when Bart had a biography about a day after he got famous, so I was suspicious of this for some reason. And I'm poor, yeah :) I'm hoping to get Rule By Secrecy soon...
I'd love to read it though...

londoner
07-07-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm hoping to get Rule By Secrecy soon...

What???!!!!

(Not that I am highly surprised, but it is this silly board, I wrote: "What?", with only one exclamation, but a message appeared saying: "Your reply is too short", :rolleyes: )

Mandy_absolution85
07-07-2004, 09:43 AM
I dont think the book has been out that long. but the reviews are right - it says that it will make u wana start up ur own band and make a whole lot of noise or something. i totally agree - thats what i wanted to do once i read it. i wanted to go thru what muse had been thru coz it sounded so cool. lol.

Superfuzz_Bigmuff
07-07-2004, 09:56 AM

:LOL:

cfgndrg

londoner
07-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I dont think the book has been out that long. but the reviews are right - it says that it will make u wana start up ur own band and make a whole lot of noise or something. i totally agree - thats what i wanted to do once i read it. i wanted to go thru what muse had been thru coz it sounded so cool. lol.

I donīt know when I will read this book, Iīm curious but I donīt have the time now, 4 books are in my waiting list first :), but you say "it sounded so cool", and I guess nothing is so easy as it appears in showbiz (not the album, the lifestyle :) )

Mandy_absolution85
07-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I donīt know when I will read this book, Iīm curious but I donīt have the time now, 4 books are in my waiting list first :), but you say "it sounded so cool", and I guess nothing is so easy as it appears in showbiz (not the album, the lifestyle :) )

it doesnt sound at all easy, but it does sound like one hell of an adventure. im sure if i went thru it i'd have given up along the way. lol. i guess perseverence (i cant spell) is the key. oh, and talent plays a big part im sure :D (unless ur Busted, but then in that case i dont think they had much of an adventure playing toilet venues etc, they were probably formed by a record company and given instant fame).

Black Velvet
07-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Haven't read it. But isn't it unofficial? So how can you know all is true then?

Mandy_absolution85
07-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Haven't read it. But isn't it unofficial? So how can you know all is true then?

it seems pretty true. lots of it ive seen before in interviews etc and the guy did tour with them a little bit apparently. there are a few minor inacurracies. i cant remember them now. but some conflicting stuff. its gotta b better than that maximum muse biography cd. that tries to tell u that both matt's parents are dead.

londoner
07-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Something tells me it must be quite accurate, the author is a journalist fan of Muse. And I think some kind of comment would appear from Muse regarding fake facts in the book, tho, I still have to read it. So I donīt know what I am talking about :rolleyes:

Mandy_absolution85
07-07-2004, 10:43 AM
as far as i can tell, a lot of it is research from past interviews and biographies etc. so some of its gona b bullshit coz Muse themselves dont tend to always tell the truth, or elaborate on it at least. lol. but its got the usual stuff about Teignmouth being shit and them being in other bands and trashing battle of the bands and going to America and all the Maverick and Radiohead stuff and wot they get up to on tour. Most of it u will have read a million other places before. Its got quotes from interview and stuff from Leckie and Safta Jaffery and people who saw them play their first gigs in Devon etc.

chipasaurus
07-07-2004, 10:46 AM
The book really gives you a lot of information about the band like explaining some of their lyrics and song titles and stuff as well as giving you loads of useless trivia. Its worth reading if your a fan and wan't to know more about the band.

Example:"Micro Cuts was about a dream Matt had where he was in a desert and the sky was raining down huge blades upon him"

My only criticism of the book is that it focuses on Matt way more than Chris and Dom which gets a bit annoying in places.

Mandy_absolution85
07-07-2004, 10:49 AM
The book really gives you a lot of information about the band like explaining some of their lyrics and song titles and stuff as well as giving you loads of useless trivia. Its worth reading if your a fan and wan't to know more about the band.

Example:"Micro Cuts was about a dream Matt had where he was in a desert and the sky was raining down huge blades upon him"

My only criticism of the book is that it focuses on Matt way more than Chris and Dom which gets a bit annoying in places.

thats always the way. everyones always like 'matt, matt, matt' n they seem 2 forget that Muse is more than just Matt.

chipasaurus
07-07-2004, 10:51 AM
thats always the way. everyones always like 'matt, matt, matt' n they seem 2 forget that Muse is more than just Matt.
yer people seem to forget that it takes more than one person to make a band

Mandy_absolution85
07-07-2004, 10:53 AM
yer people seem to forget that it takes more than one person to make a band

imagine if one person could make all the noise that muse do... (minus help from technology of course).

Beth
07-07-2004, 12:25 PM
I read it, sometimes went off on one a bit but it does have a lot of info on the band and how they started and stuff. . .
Worth buying I think. It's a longish book too.

JimmyStyle
07-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Currently on page 50, it only arrived yesterday. It seems really cool so far. :cool:

Kynch
07-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey,
How can I get that book here in France?
Iīve got the little red book of Muse "Muse de A ā Z" and itīs good, but incomplete and has got some spelling mistakes.

Beth
07-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Hey,
Iīve got the little red book of Muse "Muse de A ā Z" and itīs good, but incomplete and has got some spelling mistakes.
Have you tried Amazon? I know the UK site sells it. Try the French one.

Mandy_absolution85
07-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey,

ebay tends to have a few - thats where i got mine.

londoner
07-07-2004, 04:25 PM

I have been reading almost all interviews from the year 2000, and I think you all mean that you donīt get new info with this book if you have been following Muse for a long time. (I knew that thing about the blades, from an interview too) But it must be good for the people who discovered Muse with Absolution.

chipasaurus
07-07-2004, 05:42 PM
I have been reading almost all interviews from the year 2000, and I think you all mean that you donīt get new info with this book if you have been following Muse for a long time. (I knew that thing about the blades, from an interview too) But it must be good for the people who discovered Muse with Absolution.

Yer it does take a lot of the stuff from interviews but it expands a lot on how the band were formed and the early years when they didn't get much media attention.

londoner
07-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Umm, ok; I am curious now. Tho, it is weird I havenīt seen this book in London yet.

Mandy_absolution85
08-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Umm, ok; I am curious now. Tho, it is weird I havenīt seen this book in London yet.

no, i havnt seen it in any shops. only on ebay and amazon.

blackk_starr
08-07-2004, 08:36 PM
yeah i got the book, tis good, but i already knew most of it anyways. i spose if you have only recently become a muse fan and dont know much about the band its worth buying. and if you just wanna read something interesting, i spose its worth getting ... mine was off amazon too, had it ages

Ben Myers
28-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Hello everyone. This is just a quick note to say hi and thanks to anyone who, bought borrowed or stole the book that I wrote on the band, 'Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum', published last year. As a fan I wanted to get it right and the general reaction has been a positive one. The first limited print run of the book had now sold out, however the publisher informs me that more copies have been printed and now available in most bookshops (Waterstones, Borders), Amazon.co.uk or more details from www.impbooks.com

thanks again,
Ben Myers

www.captainsof.com

allzpalz
28-01-2005, 06:56 PM
the book is ace :happy:

Up The Binga'!
28-01-2005, 06:57 PM
I hope you pull through.

virgin realities
28-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I have had the intention of buying it, but have never got around to it. Sorry. At least I'm honest.

Sole Silenzioso
28-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone. This is just a quick note to say hi and thanks to anyone who, bought borrowed or stole the book that I wrote on the band, 'Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum', published last year. As a fan I wanted to get it right and the general reaction has been a positive one. The first limited print run of the book had now sold out, however the publisher informs me that more copies have been printed and now available in most bookshops (Waterstones, Borders), Amazon.co.uk or more details from www.impbooks.com

thanks again,
Ben Myers

www.captainsof.com

Hello, I liked very much the book :)
Do you mind if me and my friends translate it in Italian for the Italian Muse Forum?
I don't know about your future plans, so we thought it wouldn't be very likely to see it translated in our mother tongue.

Ben Myers
28-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks Nuova. By all means translate it into any language see you fit!

(If you're interested my first debut novel, 'The Book Of Fuck' [2004] is published in Italian translation in April 2005. More details at: www.wreckingballpress.com)

Meep
28-01-2005, 07:40 PM
The book was great! It was written very well and the detail was fab hehe :happy:

x x

Bewilders
28-01-2005, 07:46 PM
the book is great! it entertains me alot! well done! good researching :) your the first person to create a muse biography book. :D

blissless
28-01-2005, 07:50 PM
hey ben...

that book is very great... i love it...

it`s written in a very nice way and i just love all the little stories inside! :happy:

i`ve read it twice until now and i could read it again and again... it`s fun...

good job, man! ;)

Ben Myers
28-01-2005, 07:56 PM
What nice people you are.

The sequel will be even better!

Sophie.
28-01-2005, 08:01 PM
The book was absolutely brilliant, and I've read it several times now. It's really great to find such a good book written about a band who've never had a biography written about them before.

By the way, I've also read "John Lydon: The Sex Pistols, Pil and Anti-Celebrity" and thought that was amazing too. I look forward to reading more books by you in the near future!

kiernana
28-01-2005, 08:02 PM
is there any way we can get this in america, or is it uk only? i'd have it by now except for the fact i hate having to import..

thanks

allzpalz
28-01-2005, 08:15 PM
it's worth the import - trust me.

Fiyre
28-01-2005, 08:16 PM
I still keep meaning to go out and buy that book... really must get round to it soon :$

kiernana
28-01-2005, 08:19 PM
i know... i'm just looking for a cheeper alternative... i mean i forked out a pretty penny to actually by OOS (i have a dl copy)and Hullabaloo dvd just the other day.... instead of paying the bills, no less... shipping prices are out of control.

Audioslave Inc
28-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Hi Ben the book was a cool read but I have this simple question for u :

why can t we have either Dommey and Christopher on the cover of the book ?

Also why is the book so much revolved around Matt B himself ?

Cheers

dweissa11
28-01-2005, 08:23 PM
why can t we have either Dommey and Christopher on the cover of the book ?

Also why is the book so much revolved around Matt B himself ?

You know thats a good point

The book was fantastic, really interesting and well written (cept for the small lack of Dom and Chris)

actually I think I'll go read it again.

many years of feeling dead
28-01-2005, 08:23 PM
What nice people you are.

The sequel will be even better!

Oh kool a sequel. The first was fantastic so the second without a doubt will be brilliant
XxX :D

Ollie of Symmetry
28-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey Ben, thanks firstly for writting the book, its about the only book which i have been able to read all of it, and i dont it in about 4 days :happy:

it was great to read and you got into detail about more of the things which fans dont know so much about, so there was lots to discover from your book :cool:

and yea it would be great if you done something else on muse in the future :happy:

Ben Myers
28-01-2005, 09:16 PM
>> Why can't we have either Dommey and Christopher on the cover of the book ?
>> Also why is the book so much revolved around Matt B himself ?

To be honest I wasn't aware that the book was much more weighted towards than Chris and Dom -or it certainly wasn't a conscious decision - but I see your point. I've interviewed the band two or three times (all three of them together) but Matt by himself a couple of more times, so the simple answer is, I know more about him, his preferences and his upbringing, than the other two. Plus, as the songwriter and the person who gives the band their unique voice, in researching into their history I thought that if one of them warranted a bit more detail then it's Matt. That's not a criticism of the other two - merely that there's more information about their singer out there. It's not like I'm good friends with them either and would never claim to be, so, like most people on here would no doubt do , it was a case of piecing the story together.

As for the cover, I'm afraid I don't get the final say in that. I think I'd have definitely opted to have all three members on there, but was nevertheless quite pleased to see Matt looking suitably demonic.

Look out for the follow-up sometime around when they decide to stage 'Devon & Hell: Muse The Musical - An Ice Spectacular!', circa 2020.

Coming to an enormodome near you...

allzpalz
28-01-2005, 09:19 PM
An ice spectacular? Like a musical on ice? That that stupid disney thing?

Dear lord no...

scoobox
28-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Got the book as a Christmas pressie for Yeggstry (member) and got to read around 12 pages before it had to be wrapped. Damn! I must go get my own copy ;)

Saaz
28-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Thankyou for the book, Ben, it was a great biography, because it wasn't a person looking into their lives, you put in little stories that made you see the band as friends rather than an establishment. :happy:

mayblossom
28-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Look out for the follow-up sometime around when they decide to stage 'Devon & Hell: Muse The Musical - An Ice Spectacular!', circa 2020.

That's the project with Rick Wakeman, isn't it?

Ben Myers
28-01-2005, 09:30 PM
That's the project with Rick Wakeman, isn't it?

I truly hope not!

scoobox
28-01-2005, 09:36 PM
I truly hope not!
Come on Ben, Rick aint that bad. Apart from losing a lot of his hearing (he says) he can still produce a decent gig. I know that its not "Yes" but...
He did have some bad tracks (imho) but is damn good on the keyboards and good entertainment. Not a patch on Muse but he has got to take it easy after all of his heart trouble.

28-01-2005, 09:37 PM
cheers mate the book was ace i loved it i knew most of it though didnt know bout the whole dave grohl and bars and shit people get annoyed with me because i keep coming up with random muse facts thanks for giving me the best book ive ever red oh yeah the first book ive ever read in 2 weeks!! which is ace for me oh and the pic with matt ay16 with long hair wow he is fitt

*~SugarSnow~*
28-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Wow! Hey Mr Myers, sir!
Bought the book, and what fantabulousness it is!! Had a nightmare finding it though. Couldn't get it in Glasgow, Edinburgh or even London. It's been sold out everywhere!!

But congratulations! One day you'll see a book called Muse: Inside The Pink Ego Box, and it'll be written by me! Yay!
Will you buy it?

*aspiring music journalist and writer*

Ben Myers
28-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Come on Ben, Rick aint that bad. Apart from losing a lot of his hearing (he says) he can still produce a decent gig. I know that its not "Yes" but...
He did have some bad tracks (imho) but is damn good on the keyboards and good entertainment. Not a patch on Muse but he has got to take it easy after all of his heart trouble.

You might say that but I couldn't possibly comment....

The Mars Volta do a nice bit of prog.
And thankfully no wizards are involved.

isabelyalex
28-01-2005, 09:42 PM

Coming to an enormodome near you

Actually a muse musical would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! But not on ice :rolleyes:
I would love to have a copy of the book...but I also live in the states :'( :'( I guess I'll have to wait a little while until I visit England.

fiona_howard
28-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Thank you Ben
its a great book and now i feel like a proper fan as i know EVERYTHING! :D

scoobox
28-01-2005, 09:47 PM
You might say that but I couldn't possibly comment....

ah Ben, you see i'm one of the old 'uns that have never grown up and have got all of the albums released by Yes. (thats vinyl pre cd for you young 'uns)
hehehe :LOL:

Ben Myers
28-01-2005, 09:49 PM
ah Ben, you see i'm one of the old 'uns that have never grown up and have got all of the albums released by Yes. (thats vinyl pre cd for you young 'uns)
hehehe :LOL:

Ah, fair enough. Growing up is an extremely very over-rated concept anyway.
So I'm told.

DW
28-01-2005, 11:20 PM
I've owned this book for a while now and I still haven't read it.

Not a book lover, but I must get round to checking it out one day. :)

pluggedinbaby
28-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Hey Ben

Your book is a fascinating read. Very good!

Still hate you for meeting them so many times though :p

*~SugarSnow~*
28-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey Ben

Your book is a fascinating read. Very good!

Still hate you for meeting them so many times though :p

Don't we all, my friend? Don't we all...?

Beth
28-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Great book, read it twice now. I read it in June ish last year and then re-read it on my trip to London to see them in December! Everytime I read it it makes me desperate to listen to them, so there must be something good about it. :)

tsp_thesmallprint
29-01-2005, 04:56 AM
Ive looked everywhere over here for it.....Is it even out in Australia yet? :unsure:

branwen
29-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I love that book!
Took me ages to find a copy though had to go to Birmingham for one all the way from my home in the middle of nowhere!!

IgnoranceIsBliss
29-01-2005, 05:29 PM
I've been meaning to buy that as well,
But I've heard there's a few errors in it, e.g. typos etc...

ADAM
31-01-2005, 10:35 AM
hey ben,

got your book on christmas day and read all of it the same day!

Its excellent and I found it quite useful for aspiring musicians (like myself!)

You get a pat on the back!!! :)

Cheers

dweissa11
31-01-2005, 10:37 AM
But I've heard there's a few errors in it, e.g. typos etc...

There do seem to be a few. I am re-reading it at the moment and have noticed the odd mistake. Mistakes aside its a really really good book.

kiernana
31-01-2005, 10:45 AM
ben-- would love to know if the guys read it, and what they thought of it....

importing = waiting, me no likey

Branny
27-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Okay-it looks like people enjoyed the book.
Found it on Amazon UK, but it will cost me around $30 to buy and ship it.
Is it worth it ???
seems like it.
Also, if anyone wants to sell theirs to me ??? :unsure:
feedback is appreciated. :)

bionic bunny
28-07-2005, 09:03 AM
The book is good yes. Why the fuck was jordan at the kerrang awards having a picture with muse??????

RadioBread
28-07-2005, 09:06 AM
The book is good yes. Why the fuck was jordan at the kerrang awards having a picture with muse??????

when?

greatbigsquirrel
29-07-2005, 05:59 AM

*spanks him suitably for suggesting it*

you know, you shouldn't say things like that, matthew might find it a suitably amusing idea and just do it. lol

i mean, look at the whole crytology thing. :rolleyes:

Milo
29-07-2005, 06:02 AM
I actually thought it was a pretty crap book... Yeah, informative, but not well-written at all. I found at least 10 typos and plenty of awkward sentences in the first few chapters, so I just wasn't very impressed. Oh well.

greatbigsquirrel
29-07-2005, 06:06 AM
well, everyone has an opinion.
and it's not nesicarily the author's fault there are typos, that could be the printer or editor's fault, you twat.

Milo
29-07-2005, 06:09 AM
well, everyone has an opinion.
and it's not nesicarily the author's fault there are typos, that could be the printer or editor's fault, you twat.
Was there even an editor? Didn't look like it. If so, it's the author's fault for hiring such a crap editor! :LOL:

overdriven
29-07-2005, 10:31 AM
ive been intending to buy this book for a while....and i was going to today until i realised i was going on holiday for 2 weeks tommoz haha.......sounds good.i first came to muse during the release of absoloution when i saw TIRO on Kerrang.......been into them loads since and it would be cool for me to read this as ive only read probs 2 interviews with them.

greatbigsquirrel
29-07-2005, 03:23 PM
you are such a trouble making butt fuck, you know that miles?

i hope this author dude comes to your house with a flame thrower and melts your pink flamingos or something.

i bet your house is tacky enough to have some in the front yard.

admit it.

if nothing else, i bet it has lawn gnomes, and he can blow them up or somethign.
just for you, stupid boy. :p

Milo
30-07-2005, 06:43 AM
you are such a trouble making butt fuck, you know that miles?

i hope this author dude comes to your house with a flame thrower and melts your pink flamingos or something.

i bet your house is tacky enough to have some in the front yard.

admit it.

if nothing else, i bet it has lawn gnomes, and he can blow them up or somethign.
just for you, stupid boy. :p
:LOL: :LOL: That just made my day! And actually my mom made a pink flamingo in art class when she was little, it's sitting here in my basement about 10 feet away from me... :p

greatbigsquirrel
04-08-2005, 04:00 AM
there you go.

he's going to come to your house, go down to your basement, and blow up your pink flamingo. *dies laughing*

and then on the way out, he's gonna hump your mom or something, just for the sickness factor.

*disclaimer*: i don't really think that you would do any of the above mentioned things, author dude.
it's just a lot of fun to harass miles.

Milo
04-08-2005, 04:32 AM
there you go.

he's going to come to your house, go down to your basement, and blow up your pink flamingo. *dies laughing*

and then on the way out, he's gonna hump your mom or something, just for the sickness factor.

*disclaimer*: i don't really think that you would do any of the above mentioned things, author dude.
it's just a lot of fun to harass miles.
:LOL: It's my mom's flamingo, she made it in art class!

Eww. :stunned:

greatbigsquirrel
04-08-2005, 05:06 AM
see... told you.

grossness factor.

absinthe with faust
06-08-2005, 10:51 PM
while i was in hospital that book kept me company,i read b4 my operation and after it really got me through and i learned many muse facts! its a brillient read five stars. t also showed how hard its was for out boys to get into the business and how much shit they had to take,very insightful i must say. i recommen this book for all muse fans and non muse fans as it has a brillient story to it i love it i reckon i can read this over and over again! go and buy it 13.99 rrp! :cool:

absinthe with faust
06-08-2005, 10:54 PM
And yes i realise i have made many spelling errors, sorry.

Teh Man v1.2
06-08-2005, 11:06 PM
yes 'tis ace last time I read it. Ain't read it fer ages though.. :fro: :fro: :fro:

Larsen B
07-08-2005, 01:54 AM
while i was in hospital that book kept me company,i read b4 my operation and after it really got me through and i learned many muse facts! its a brillient read five stars. t also showed how hard its was for out boys to get into the business and how much shit they had to take,very insightful i must say. i recommen this book for all muse fans and non muse fans as it has a brillient story to it i love it i reckon i can read this over and over again! go and buy it 13.99 rrp! :cool:

Jeez they're selling it for that much!! you can get two real books for that, or go to a second hand bookshop and get loads! Not that I'm knocking people reading it, it's just expensive for such a sort of book. Also all the anecdotes and stuff in it are on the internet, the only really new stuff is in the early formation of the band...

greatbigsquirrel
11-08-2005, 04:08 AM
anyone want to sell me a copy?
i can't get it around here... i tried, like, a million times.

Milo
11-08-2005, 04:09 AM
anyone want to sell me a copy?
i can't get it around here... i tried, like, a million times.
It's crap, don't bother. :p

greatbigsquirrel
11-08-2005, 05:10 AM
did i ask the homo fucktard to speak?

no, i don't believe i did.
i'll read it out of sheer boredom and curiosity.
and that's FINAL!

Milo
11-08-2005, 05:13 AM
did i ask the homo fucktard to speak?

no, i don't believe i did.
i'll read it out of sheer boredom and curiosity.
and that's FINAL!
:LOL: That's the biggest compliment you've ever given me, thank you. ;)

greatbigsquirrel
11-08-2005, 05:15 AM
*humps*
you know, your sig looks like a name for a race of aliens or somethign. lol

Milo
11-08-2005, 05:21 AM
*humps*
What, Shiny's gang? ;)

Jupiter_Moonchild
11-08-2005, 04:02 PM
You can get it in Ottakers Squirrel.

It's worth reading, I couldn't stop laughing all the
way through it! Funny as hell.

gocanux
11-08-2005, 07:41 PM
You can get it in Ottakers Squirrel.

It's worth reading, I couldn't stop laughing all the
way through it! Funny as hell.

Ottaker's?? Squirrely lives in New York. I had to order my copy via Amazon UK.

Saaz
11-08-2005, 07:52 PM
*humps*
Where have you been? Or have you been here all along and I just haven't seen you?

Jupiter_Moonchild
11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
I spose I better buy you a copy and send it to
you then! Bloody hell! :LOL:

Branny
11-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Will you send it to me ??? It's so expensive on Amazon.........
And yes, I will pay for used. :p

Jupiter_Moonchild
11-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Well the book is Ģ12.99 and I think it cost me Ģ4.90
to send a Ģ5 magazine to someone ages ago in Brazil.
Never did get the cd they promised in return!
And they dissappeared off my msn! Oh well :(

I'll do it for you Branny and Squirrel but not making
a list of people, I'm single parent with next to no cash!
Struggling artist/musician you know lol.
Living on scraps,
IN A SHOE BOX INT MIDDLE OF T'ROAD!!!

Sorry went a bit Monty Python then.
I must stop watching it! :LOL:

When I next get paid I'll sort out something,
I might have to do you guys one at a time if thats ok.
*hug*

greatbigsquirrel
12-08-2005, 12:50 AM
shit. i meant your screen name. not sig.

fuck all.

and then you go and tell everyone where i am. lol

yes, yes, i am in new york.
lots of trees here, you know.

gocanux
12-08-2005, 01:50 AM

Sorry.....but you have discussed your locality previously here; didn't know you were going underground.

Milo
12-08-2005, 02:55 AM
shit. i meant your screen name. not sig.

fuck all.

Yes, yes, many trees... :chaplin:

You mean my username? Yeah, a bit...

smiddy
12-08-2005, 01:13 PM
they could've chosen a better title, people are gonna think it's a gay porno

Jupiter_Moonchild
12-08-2005, 03:18 PM
You mean it isn't ?

Available Enchantress
12-08-2005, 03:23 PM
You mean it isn't ?
No. I was so dissapointed. :'(

Branny
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Well the book is Ģ12.99 and I think it cost me Ģ4.90
to send a Ģ5 magazine to someone ages ago in Brazil.
Never did get the cd they promised in return!
And they dissappeared off my msn! Oh well :(

I'll do it for you Branny and Squirrel but not making
a list of people, I'm single parent with next to no cash!
Struggling artist/musician you know lol.
Living on scraps,
IN A SHOE BOX INT MIDDLE OF T'ROAD!!!

Sorry went a bit Monty Python then.
I must stop watching it! :LOL:

When I next get paid I'll sort out something,
I might have to do you guys one at a time if thats ok.
*hug*

That is soooooooo sweet of you, but don't do it !!! :D
I'll be able to afford it in about a month-save your money !!!
Did I tell you how sweet you are ??? ;)

greatbigsquirrel
12-08-2005, 08:08 PM
i'll take a copy all the same!

go talk to gocanux or something, i'm sure she'll pass on my addy. :D

but not on the boards!!!!
pm's only.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
(in know, how very mini me)

Jupiter_Moonchild
12-08-2005, 08:38 PM
That is soooooooo sweet of you, but don't do it !!! :D
I'll be able to afford it in about a month-save your money !!!
Did I tell you how sweet you are ??? ;)
It's ok i was only kidding about living in a shoe box,
it's more of an upturned skip really.
Quite comfy in summer!

:)

greatbigsquirrel
12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
:envy:

my place is fuckig hot.

anyone else notice that mr. myers stopped posting? i think we've scared him off. :LOL:

Jupiter_Moonchild
12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
When did he post!?
He never posted in here did he?
:stunned:

mayblossom
12-08-2005, 09:14 PM
When did he post!?
He never posted in here did he?
:stunned:http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=636930#post636930

Styx
12-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I thought the book was a tad shite to be honest.

greatbigsquirrel
13-08-2005, 05:11 AM
well, no one asked you. :happy:

Milo
13-08-2005, 05:16 AM
I thought the book was a tad shite to be honest.
About time someone agrees with me...

greatbigsquirrel
13-08-2005, 06:18 AM
no one asked you either, shit for brains. :indiff:

you know they ought to sell you stock and model at Puke and Choke. really seems up there alley, aye?

Branny
13-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Hey squirrel !
BTW, I love your name.......I always laugh when I see it-I picture a "great big squirrel." :LOL: :eek: :LOL:
So-you're gonna have to let me know about the book.
After you're finished with it?
If I haven't gotten it yet, you may just have to mail it to me......... ;)

greatbigsquirrel
13-08-2005, 07:00 AM
i haven't read it. lol

i can't get my hands on it.
i'd liek to though.

Branny
13-08-2005, 07:02 AM
I thought Witchypoo was sending you a copy.........
We'll make that book go around the world. :LOL:

Jupiter_Moonchild
13-08-2005, 04:28 PM
OI WAIT I told you I'd sort it!
Let me get paid first numb bumz!
I'll send one to Squirrel first, then the next
month I'll send one to you Branny.

*hug*
Carla

Branny
13-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Okay, okay Carla ........... :LOL:
I was just thinking how cool it would be if the book got passed round the world.
We could all sign our names in it, give our review, then mail it to the next person ...... :LOL: :LOL: :unsure:

smiddy
13-08-2005, 05:18 PM
that'd be awesome. i want in :P

Styx
13-08-2005, 05:22 PM
well, no one asked you. :happy:

Erm, yes, they did.

I just wonered what all of you think of the book? (If you've read it)..

Jupiter_Moonchild
14-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Okay, okay Carla ........... :LOL:
I was just thinking how cool it would be if the book got passed round the world.
We could all sign our names in it, give our review, then mail it to the next person ...... :LOL: :LOL: :unsure:
Ok I'll just buy the one copy then, Send to squirrel,
then squirrel can send it to you afterwards.
Brannymuse Thats a bloody good idea!!!

You may need to stick more paper in it if it gets too much written in it.
This is just an idea for each entry;
Name, then username on the board, then location.
Then add stars out of 5.
* = bored my tits off
** = Was an ok read.
*** = I enjoyed this book
**** = Funny as Fuck. Loads of info too.
***** = I wanna marry the book! :eek:

eg. Carla, thewitchypoo3003, UK ****

Just an idea though, don't shoot me.

smiddy
14-08-2005, 01:40 AM
w00t, brannymuse send it to me afterwards :P

Murray
14-08-2005, 01:48 AM
UK -> USA -> AUS

That's a lot of postage!

Unless the book is the size of a stamp, and can be used as stamp.....

Branny
14-08-2005, 07:04 AM
It is alot of postage, huh ??? :LOL: :LOL:
Squirrel is first up. After Squirrel? It comes to me, then I'll send it to Smiddy !
I love it ! And Carla ? Thanks for doing this-it's great !
I'll PM my address whenever squirrel requests.
Ah............the bonding of the message board members ......... ;)

I guess I need to make sure this is okay with squirrel........
Hey you cute great big squirrel.........you in ??? :D

DJ Stay
14-08-2005, 07:07 AM
It is alot of postage, huh ??? :LOL: :LOL:
Squirrel is first up. After Squirrel? It comes to me, then I'll send it to Smiddy !
I love it ! And Carla ? Thanks for doing this-it's great !
I'll PM my address whenever squirrel requests.
Ah............the bonding of the message board members ......... ;)

I guess I need to make sure this is okay with squirrel........
Hey you cute great big squirrel.........you in ??? :D
Wine?

Branny
14-08-2005, 07:08 AM
Huh ? What ?? Wine ? What ???............. :chaplin:

DJ Stay
14-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Huh ? What ?? Wine ? What ???............. :chaplin:
Oh, ok, gotcha. Wink wink.

greatbigsquirrel
28-08-2005, 01:04 AM
of course, if i love it too much, i'll just keep it. lol
book? what book?
*wink wink*

*fleepfloop*
28-08-2005, 01:59 PM
oooh i love this book. but i reckon all of muse should be on the front not just matt. the pic of them when they were sixteen is funny.

Ocelot Robot
28-08-2005, 02:01 PM
I can read very well. I read all of the LOTRs books and the Hobbit. :p

Grey-eyed one
28-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Someone was talking about Rule by Secrecy... I'm not sure if I'll buy it or not... What do you figure of Jim Marrs' work? Sometimes he appears to me to be a bit sensationalist... Now don't get me wrong. I believe we should get all the state info there is... I believe also that every state hides from their citizens far too much needed information, and, with little thought, we, citizens, come to stumble upon solutions to certain hidden info, that are not quite... nice to be "top-secret" files, if you know what I mean... I've searching upon UFO state documents, and it's quite scary the amount of such state files. There is, I have no shadow of doubt, someting hovering above our heads and our statemen know it for a fact (at least that's ow I interpret te information aquired). But some times I wonder... Some of Marrs' work is far too biased. I want my journalist to give me facts. I don't want him to draw conclusions for me... And Marrs' gives his opinion far too many times... What do you make of him?

Jupiter_Moonchild
29-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Can't remember who I'm meant to send the book to, please pm me the address!
No cheating!

Sylvie
29-08-2005, 10:09 PM
In France, we only have one book (I think). Matt's drawing is not good :'(
http://tinypic.com/besl09.jpg

Branny
29-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Can't remember who I'm meant to send the book to, please pm me the address!
No cheating!

:LOL: ^^ no cheating !!!

It's greatbigsquirrel.......
Then ? It's me ! :D

Jupiter_Moonchild
29-08-2005, 10:56 PM
OK GBS send me the address, Remember to sign it once you've read it, then send it to Branny!
Etc!

(hugs) people, let's try and keep this book on the move!

Half Life
30-08-2005, 12:15 AM
I finally got around to reading it on a train journey. It's good, about 4* on Carla's scale, but the editing leaves a lot to be desired. *Volunteers to edit any follow-up*

skizofrenica
30-08-2005, 11:56 AM

where could I possibly get this book? I need it.

Sylvie
30-08-2005, 01:26 PM
I need it too. ;)

Bliss100
30-08-2005, 04:49 PM

It's good for reading if you don't know much about Muse, however i knew pretty much everything in the biography, apart from a few random facts.

PeaceNjoy
30-08-2005, 05:02 PM
yeh i juz got it today funni enuf! itz great from wot iv read of it so far x

Half Life
30-08-2005, 08:43 PM
where could I possibly get this book? I need it.

Try amazon.co.uk - even in England I only found it in one bookshop (Foyles in London).

Branny
30-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Where are you ?????
Have you sent Carla your address yet ???
Countdown. You have 5 days, squirrel........ :p

greatbigsquirrel
31-08-2005, 02:27 PM
SORRY!

i haven't had a chance to get online much lately. i'm sending her my addy right now, ok?

Branny
31-08-2005, 03:54 PM
SORRY!

i haven't had a chance to get online much lately. i'm sending her my addy right now, ok?

kewel............
The reading shall commence ! Let me know how it's going. ;)

Fluky
31-08-2005, 06:53 PM
i've had it for ages, got about half way thru, aint been arsed with the rest of it. Its good tho lol *shud really finish it*

Rainbow
31-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Is it still available somewhere? I did a quick search on ebay and amazon, but couldn't find it.

~Hayles~
31-08-2005, 08:47 PM
I found it in 'Boarders' at one point :$

Fluky
31-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Is it still available somewhere? I did a quick search on ebay and amazon, but couldn't find it.

I got mine from a boarders

~Hayles~
31-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I got mine from a boarders
I was gonna buy it, but I didn't appear to have much money at the time. I must buy now I have been rewarded for exam results lol

Alec Trevelyan
31-08-2005, 09:12 PM
This book sounds great, I'm going buy it for sure. :)

Jupiter_Moonchild
01-09-2005, 11:53 PM
SORRY!

Got address, got book.
Got to walk to post office and post it,
will be dispatching it in a jiffy bag.
Going to bed first though, it's 1am!

If this book goes round the world and gets signed by loads of people, I wonder how many sigs we would need from all over the world, for it to get into the guinness book of records.

Branny
01-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Got address, got book.
Got to walk to post office and post it,
will be dispatching it in a jiffy bag.
Going to bed first though, it's 1am!

If this book goes round the world and gets signed by loads of people, I wonder how many sigs we would need from all over the world, for it to get into the guinness book of records.

We'll do what it takes ! :D

Sleep Carla !
I've waited this long, no prob ! ;)

**For those that don't have the money or want to wait ? See posts on previous page.
greatbigsquirrel is getting it from Carla, the me, then.......Murray?
Hmm.
Refresh my memory..............

Jupiter_Moonchild
02-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah sort out the list, but really all it needs is for the last person who HAS the book to know where to SEND the book once they have read it and signed it!
Damn I sound so fecking organised I scare myself.
Normally I can't organise a piss up in a brewery in Leeds!

greatbigsquirrel
03-09-2005, 02:07 PM
i don't know, why don't we ask guiness?
the problem is that books don't hold up so well as a rule, especially hard covers.
just think, if we get enouh signatures, we can always move on to the pages of the book. :)

Branny
03-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Hey there squirrel ! Keep us updated about the book. ;)
What would really be freaky is if we have different languages in there, huh ?
Although, I'm happy that squirrel speaks English, as I don't really know any other language. :LOL: :LOL:

hysterical zig
08-09-2005, 02:32 AM
squirrel's don't speak ing-er-lish, they go chik ik oo, chik ik oo. :LOL:
well, except Foamy.

greatbigsquirrel
08-09-2005, 02:33 AM
shut up evan, no one asked you. :LOL:

Branny
08-09-2005, 07:24 AM
I can read CHIK IK OO !!!!!!! :p
Just let us know when you get the damn book, when you've read it, and when I can expect it. ;)

greatbigsquirrel
12-09-2005, 01:59 AM
well, i haven't gotten it yet, that's for sure.
i don't even knopw if witcy's sent it yet.

and words of wisdom carla?

Jupiter_Moonchild
12-09-2005, 10:19 AM
I'll pm you what happened.

sorry it'll be on its way this Thursday for sure.

:$

Branny
12-09-2005, 05:53 PM
I'll pm you what happened.

sorry it'll be on its way this Thursday for sure.

:$

Hi Carla ! No worries on our end-I just think it's cool you're doing it in the first place. :D

greatbigsquirrel
12-09-2005, 08:36 PM
the only thing i was worried about is that it had been destroyed (thinking it was a bomb) or stolen on the way.
americasn postel workers do these things sometimes.

Branny
12-09-2005, 10:05 PM
the only thing i was worried about is that it had been destroyed (thinking it was a bomb) or stolen on the way.
americasn postel workers do these things sometimes.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
How did you know ??? :fro:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Jupiter_Moonchild
12-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah sorry about that guys.
I PMd GBs,

By the way, I don't know what name to put so I'm addressing it to G.B.Squirrel hehehehe.

greatbigsquirrel
13-09-2005, 02:37 AM
well, that's what the muse moms do, and i still get all my mail. lol

go figure.
i'm sure the guy who works at the post office thinks i'm nucking futs. :p

Branny
13-09-2005, 07:14 AM
well, that's what the muse moms do, and i still get all my mail. lol

go figure.
i'm sure the guy who works at the post office thinks i'm nucking futs. :p

Wow, so I may just get the book by my birthday !!!! (It's in November, GBS).
What a great present !
And........I can't wait to see O'Branny in my post ! ;) :LOL:

greatbigsquirrel
15-09-2005, 03:20 AM
oh man, yours too? lol

will the wonders never cease. :rolleyes:

Branny
15-09-2005, 07:51 AM
:eek:
Your birthday is in November too ???? :D

Jupiter_Moonchild
22-09-2005, 05:19 PM
IT'S IN THE POST!!!!
Sorry for the delay guys, I was short on the
old spondoolies!
Right, time it and let me know the minute it
arrives, we can then keep a track of how well
the old postal system (or snail mail) still works!

Pity I don't have James Bond type gadgets or
I would have put a tracking device in it!
Watched it wing it's way across the world.

I need sleep!
:cool:

Branny
22-09-2005, 08:50 PM
How exciting !!!
Thanks Carla !
GBS ? Keep us "posted." :LOL: :LOL:

Jupiter_Moonchild
01-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Any news on whether it's arrived yet GBS?

Branny
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Any news on whether it's arrived yet GBS?

GBS ???
You there ????
It's been about 10 days, right ??? :unsure:

Jupiter_Moonchild
02-10-2005, 09:54 PM
She's probably camped outside the post office.

Oh well if it don't turn up in the next week I'll have to send another one, I'll send the second one to you tho Branny. It might be a while tho, got no money left after the last one, if you don't mind waiting.
(hug)

Branny
03-10-2005, 06:51 AM
She's probably camped outside the post office.

Oh well if it don't turn up in the next week I'll have to send another one, I'll send the second one to you tho Branny. It might be a while tho, got no money left after the last one, if you don't mind waiting.
(hug)

Maybe we should PM GBS ????
I'll do that tonight. ;)

Edit: GBS hasn't been on since Sept. 26.
Hope all is okay.
Maybe received the book, and is laying in a tent in some park reading it. :D
Sent a PM.
Oh ! And Carla ? You're on myspace, right ???
PM me your profile or whatever the hell it's called. ;)

Jupiter_Moonchild
04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Maybe she lost her internet for a while,
it happens to us all at some point.

I just hope that book get's to her in one piece.

It's www.myspace.com-carla_f_ellis
It's Ok it's just Myspace, it's not like its a private address.

:)

greatbigsquirrel
08-10-2005, 03:06 PM
sorry, i've been a bit busy with work and stuff lately.
all i want to usually do when i get home is lay down and go to sleep.

gotta love them double shifts!

i loved the rating system, btw. :D

Jazzeh
08-10-2005, 08:55 PM

Whoa. There's a Muse book and I didn't know about it? Man, I'm a reaaaaaally bad Muse fan. -.-

Please, where can this book of wonders be located in the States?

Max
08-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Whoa. There's a Muse book and I didn't know about it? Man, I'm a reaaaaaally bad Muse fan. -.-

Not sure if it's available in the States.

Branny
08-10-2005, 08:58 PM

Read the past 2 pages...........
After great big squirrel ? I get it.
Then.............uh oh. Who gets it next ??? :unsure:
*goes to re-read*

Jazzeh
08-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Oh. Whoops. I skipped a few pages due to random ramblings. Thanks. ^^

xxInner Childxx
08-10-2005, 11:03 PM
I'd love to get hold of it, but that ain't gonna happen (I'm a bit clueless) :rolleyes:
How many people has had it now? 1,2,3?
Muse-fan unity...it's so nice :p

Branny
09-10-2005, 06:41 AM
I'd love to get hold of it, but that ain't gonna happen (I'm a bit clueless) :rolleyes:
How many people has had it now? 1,2,3?
Muse-fan unity...it's so nice :p

We just started the whole "chain-thing". Great big squirrel, then me, then....Murray ?
Where are you in the world ???

Jupiter_Moonchild
09-10-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm a little concerned that someone will try and
keep the book, it has to keep moving for this to work.
Be a part of the book pass the parcel, let's see how
many sigs we can get in it before 12 months is up.
You receive it, read it, rate it, then pass it to the
next one in the list.
Then we can all talk about the book in this thread.
I'm not sure why it's not widely available,
maybe Ben could answer that question.

Where is he by the way? :confused:

xxInner Childxx
09-10-2005, 08:36 PM
We just started the whole "chain-thing". Great big squirrel, then me, then....Murray ?
Where are you in the world ???

Me? England...specifically a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. Makes german lessons easy, "describe what is in your town/village" my answer....[blank space]

Hebetude
10-10-2005, 09:11 AM
I can't help but feeling a bit betrayed...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953994295/qid=1128935307/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_11_4/202-0473297-3961416

Read the muse biography btw and thought it was brilliant. Just a shame that not all of it is true. Makes me wonder which bits are false...

You can just order it on amazon, right? My best friend did that, anyway.

greatbigsquirrel
15-10-2005, 06:29 AM
well, hasn't really told me anything i didn't already know, except they were at woodstock 99, so i'm going to take my brother's woodstock poster with me next concert to get signed.

Jupiter_Moonchild
20-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Keeping track of the book, where is it?
Has GBS still got it or has it been sent to Branny?

:confused:

Branny
21-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Keeping track of the book, where is it?
Has GBS still got it or has it been sent to Branny?

:confused:

How funny, Carla ! I was just thinking of bumping this thread, because I have NOT gotten the book. :'(

GBS !!!! Please PM me, so I can at least have it for my trip back to GA !!!!

I wanna read the book.............. :'( :'(

kiernana
21-11-2005, 08:20 AM
you can add me to the bottom of that list. i'd love to have it to read. i get so bored while i'm at work, i could probably finish it in 3 shifts... :LOL:

Jupiter_Moonchild
21-11-2005, 11:19 PM
If it doesn't turn up in the next couple of weeks
I'll try and buy another copy and get the book
trail going again. Starting with Branny.
I was worried something like this might happen.

You can't always rely on snail mail, I sent a
package to my boyfriend in London, it only had
chocs in it, but it didn't arrive.
I sent a letter the same day to the same
address half an hour after I had posted the
package, the letter got there yesterday!

Stupid post!

Jupiter_Moonchild
13-12-2005, 01:50 AM
OK who's got it?

Branny
13-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi Carla ! Saw you had posted in another thread........
I was hoping *you* would know. Should I PM greatbigsquirrel ? greatbigsquirrel is gonna get a great big :mad: .
Let me know.

By the way, I SO hope you're doing well.........
Are you ?;)

Jupiter_Moonchild
16-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Hi Branny, I don't know where the book has ended up,
as far as I know, GBS had it last.
I've not had enough cash to be able to buy another
one just yet, but I think we will have to safely say
the other one is lost.
If you don't mind waiting until January when I can get
myself back on my feet, I'll send you a copy.
Don't bother to send it on, it'll be my xmas gift to you
even though it'll be a bit late.
Anyone else who wants a copy will have to get it from the net,
the book trail ended before it begun and I'm saddened by
the whole experience.

I'm doing ok, I've been having a few bad weeks financially, I've been unable to withdraw anything from the bank for the last three Thursdays.
As soon as my money has gone in, a bill has come out leaving me with a big fat zero to live on. Christmas is looking like a pile of crap at the moment, but my son has been understanding, he said he doesn't mind waiting til after xmas for his xmas money. I've had to make all my pals' xmas gifts this year but they understand the difficulties I'm having. Luckily I can go to a family members house on Christmas day so at least we won't starve.

Apart from that, College is great, I got 72% on my first project, the hot air balloon/snowglobe. Which is brill news, I'm well chuffed with that.
My cat Polly died in November, heart failure, but we now have two lovely little kittens, 12 weeks old this monday, called Spike and Crystal. They've cheered my son up and taken his mind off Polly.

I'm madly in love with my Marcus, he lives in London so we're going to find it hard to see each other over xmas as he thinks he has a gig either this weekend or next but he's not sure, he just goes where he's told.
(the pitfalls of being a drummer)
I'm hoping I can get enough cash together for the train fare to go and be with him for New Years Eve, otherwise I may just cry.

But apart from that I'm fine.
How are you hun?

greatbigsquirrel
21-12-2005, 06:51 PM
shti guys, i am rREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY sorry about that.

i still have it. :(
i haven't had the money to post it to branny yet.
my car broke, so i've been a bit short on cash.

but i WILL send it as soon as i can.

i really apologise to everyone. :'(

Branny
17-02-2006, 11:58 PM
shti guys, i am rREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY sorry about that.

i still have it. :(
i haven't had the money to post it to branny yet.
my car broke, so i've been a bit short on cash.

but i WILL send it as soon as i can.

i really apologise to everyone. :'(

CARLA ? GBS is gonna send me the book !!!!! Thank you, GBS.......:D
Who else wanted it after me ?
Will have to re-read the thread, eh ?:)

red
18-02-2006, 01:42 AM
my god what a depressing few posts.

Branny
18-02-2006, 04:54 AM
my god what a depressing few posts.

That's what happens when you revive an old thread.:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's allllllllllllllllll good, now.:)

Jupiter_Moonchild
18-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah it's getting better. RED

Brandy,
Money is still tight, but when I look around me I notice EVERYone is in the same situation, which makes me ask, who's got everyones money?

GBS thanks for sending it on. Start the list up again then.:happy:

greatbigsquirrel
19-02-2006, 04:06 PM
yup, i'll get it out asap... we'll see what happens from there.

mayblossom
14-07-2006, 12:09 PM
There's an updated version of Ben Myers' book coming out soon - July/August I heard - with a new section covering 2004-present day.

TheKenworthy
14-07-2006, 01:36 PM
i´m currently reading this book for the first time.
in Tenerife with it.... they just started recording OoS.
so far, i´m liking it

Brambo
14-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Oooh I think I'm gonna have to buy this to read when I go to Finland. And then hopefully I won't get too bored :LOL:

Wishera
14-07-2006, 02:13 PM
There's an updated version of Ben Myers' book coming out soon - July/August I heard - with a new section covering 2004-present day.
I think it wont July/August. Maybe September. And new chapter is sooooooo interesting... ;)

musemerised
14-07-2006, 02:48 PM
I think it wont July/August. Maybe September. And new chapter is sooooooo interesting... ;)

I've asked the man himself:
here was his reply:

"...I met with the band in May to do a bunch of new interview stuff and have just recently added a big fat chapter to the book, covering the last two years of acitivity.

I'm not sure when it's out as the publisher is away at the moment, but I think itll be on sale in the next couple of months. I'd estimate early September. Strangely it's actually coming out in Russia before then.

I saw them at Shepherd's Bush a couple of weeks ago.
It was a belter...."

musecasters
14-07-2006, 02:51 PM
i liked the book, what amazed me was the amount for air miles they've clocked up in their band

Wishera
14-07-2006, 03:09 PM
I've asked the man himself:
here was his reply:

"...I met with the band in May to do a bunch of new interview stuff and have just recently added a big fat chapter to the book, covering the last two years of acitivity.

I'm not sure when it's out as the publisher is away at the moment, but I think itll be on sale in the next couple of months. I'd estimate early September. Strangely it's actually coming out in Russia before then.

I saw them at Shepherd's Bush a couple of weeks ago.
It was a belter...."
Ok, but I'm work on a russian edition of this book and 2 weeks ago english publishers haven’t fully proofed the text. So as I'm know the publishing process there's no chance. ;)

musemerised
14-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Ok, but I'm work on a russian edition of this book and 2 weeks ago english publishers haven’t fully proofed the text. So as I'm know the publishing process there's no chance. ;)

Ok. Well, I was just relaying what Ben told me...

PeaceNjoy
14-07-2006, 03:21 PM
ohhh yey it's been a whole year since I read it and the only part I can remember is matt's old job of breaking bird necks

:(

PeteyParker
14-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Hmmm an updated version. I don't know if I'll buy it again unless its cheap.

greatbigsquirrel
14-07-2006, 05:01 PM
it was a cute book, but i don't think i would buy it again.
mebbe they're finally release it in the states though, the bastards!

Yus
23-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Thread resurrection. ;)

Apparently the book's being re-printed and coming out again in June (according to Waterstones). I'm not sure if it will be completely different to the original version, but from what I've read it could possibly have new information?

Meep
23-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Thread resurrection. ;)

Apparently the book's being re-printed and coming out again in June (according to Waterstones). I'm not sure if it will be completely different to the original version, but from what I've read it could possibly have new information?
Sticking a new chapter on the end .... probably, yep. I hate it when they do that. It's like re-releasing an album with some extra live tracks on or something.

Might be worth a read for anyone who doesn't already have it. Haven't looked at mine for years but it was a good book iirc :happy:

Branny
24-03-2007, 05:20 AM
it was a cute book, but i don't think i would buy it again.
mebbe they're finally release it in the states though, the bastards!

GBS !!!! Didn't Carla send you that book? And weren't you supposed to send it on to me????

If anyone wants to lend me a copy, I will pay for shipping, etc. AND-I'll mail it back.:)

I am being SO very serious. I can't find it in the States.:(

Meep
24-03-2007, 08:37 AM
GBS !!!! Didn't Carla send you that book? And weren't you supposed to send it on to me????

If anyone wants to lend me a copy, I will pay for shipping, etc. AND-I'll mail it back.:)

I am being SO very serious. I can't find it in the States.:(
You can have mine if you want Branny, I haven't opened it in years.

Ellie.B
24-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Surely it would be better to read the last chapter instead of buying a completely new book. No doubt they'll probably re release the book again in another 2 or 3 years with another few chapters :rolleyes:

Bixer
24-03-2007, 06:55 PM
oo I read green days biography by ben myers - and enjoyed it

I think I'll give this a read sometime

my parents are always bangin' on that I don't read enough books

greatbigsquirrel
28-03-2007, 01:51 AM
hey, i boxed it up real pretty like and addressed it in clean handwriting and the like and i mailed it off one afternoon and i have no clue where it went after that. ^_-
maybe the dryer monster that eats your socks ate it.
maybe a UFO abducted it.

but i haven't seen it since.

i'm not exactly sure what i'm supposed to do about it, you know?
although i feel wonderfully inadquate for it.

Popey
14-05-2007, 11:47 PM
http://www.musecast.co.uk/shownews.php?id=17

New information on the book, including the new cover.

crazybobbles
15-05-2007, 12:27 AM

haha you're ben myers bitch :p

Popey
15-05-2007, 01:09 AM
haha you're ben myers bitch :p

Way to say something public that you already said on msn. :p

Anyway as I said, I got the info from the publisher. SO NER! :LOL:

The updated book looks promising.

Meteora.stan
15-05-2007, 06:11 AM
:eek: I get to see this today!
Is it just available in Britain?

Evie
15-05-2007, 08:44 AM
:eek: I get to see this today!
Is it just available in Britain?
I'm pretty sure there'll be an international release.

I'm looking forward to getting it, the cost of trying to obtain a used copy of the old edition wasn't worth the shipping, etc. so this is good news.

crazybobbles
15-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Way to say something public that you already said on msn. :p

Anyway as I said, I got the info from the publisher. SO NER! :LOL:

The updated book looks promising.
as long as he recognises crazybobbles.org as a site than i'm cool haha

no doubt musewiki will be on it, i'm sure he's stolen loads of information from my site :p

invictus
15-05-2007, 09:27 AM
We've got a competition coming up very soon where you'll be able to win some copies! I'll post in here when it's up.

Benwithjamin!
15-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Hmm I might buy it, seems interesting.
Mainly because there's loads I don't know, like when they nearly broke up a few years ago.

I won't go into that though.

museamaniac
15-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Mainly because there's loads I don't know, like when they nearly broke up a few years ago.

Jupiter_Moonchild
15-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Well I'm glad he put the whole band on the cover instead of just ONE member this time. Not that the cover makes any difference to the contents.

Branny, did you ever get a copy?
If Waterstones are doing a two for one offer again this month I'll get you a Muse book, I have to go in there to get a Tintin book soon anyway.
Carla

Jupiter_Moonchild
15-05-2007, 11:45 AM
hey, i boxed it up real pretty like and addressed it in clean handwriting and the like and i mailed it off one afternoon and i have no clue where it went after that. ^_-
maybe the dryer monster that eats your socks ate it.
maybe a UFO abducted it.

but i haven't seen it since.

i'm not exactly sure what i'm supposed to do about it, you know?
although i feel wonderfully inadquate for it.

I bet you forgot to put a stamp on it!!!:p

Ellie.B
15-05-2007, 11:53 AM

^ What she said

Jupiter_Moonchild
15-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I don't think there has ever been a time when
they were going to split up.
They enjoy being a band too much.

Ducky101
15-05-2007, 12:18 PM

what? :stunned:

Enemy
15-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Well I'm glad he put the whole band on the cover instead of just ONE member this time. Not that the cover makes any difference to the contents.

Branny, did you ever get a copy?
If Waterstones are doing a two for one offer again this month I'll get you a Muse book, I have to go in there to get a Tintin book soon anyway.
Carla

Where did you see the cover? I can't find it :(

Popey
15-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Where did you see the cover? I can't find it :(

www.musecast.co.uk it's on there.

He couldn't help the cover last time, that was a publisher choice. I think the fact that they've listened to the reader's feedback is encouraging for the changes this time.

Lynzi
15-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Sorry but saw that and just

:LOL:

Meteora.stan
15-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm pretty sure there'll be an international release.

I'm looking forward to getting it, the cost of trying to obtain a used copy of the old edition wasn't worth the shipping, etc. so this is good news.

+1 :happy:

Benwithjamin!
15-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I don't think there has ever been a time when
they were going to split up.
They enjoy being a band too much.
What the hell. Wikipedia or wherever told me otherwise...

The band played at the Glastonbury festival in June 2004. Bellamy described the concert as "The best gig of our lives",[8] but very shortly after the concert, drummer Dominic Howard's father, Bill Howard, who was at the festival to watch the band, died from a heart attack. "It was the biggest feeling of achievement we've ever had after coming offstage," Bellamy said. "It was almost surreal that an hour later his dad died. It was almost not believable. We spent about a week sort of just with Dom trying to support him. I think he was happy that at least his dad got to see him at probably what was the finest moment so far of the band's life." With support from his bandmates and family, Howard decided to stay with the band.

Somewhere it actually said split up, but not there...

Jupiter_Moonchild
15-05-2007, 06:11 PM
It probably did say that somewhere, but then later was changed because it was incorrect. Which is why you can't find it now.

I read something about Matt's parents ages ago that turned out to be incorrect, thankfully.

hyper_chondriac_muser
15-05-2007, 08:26 PM

does this mean the old one is out of print? :( Or is it still being sold until 16th June?

We've got a competition coming up very soon where you'll be able to win some copies! I'll post in here when it's up.

ooh yay!! bless muselive lol! :happy:

Popey
15-05-2007, 09:32 PM
does this mean the old one is out of print? :( Or is it still being sold until 16th June?

ooh yay!! bless muselive lol! :happy:

It's sold out. There might be copies on ebay though.

MuseCast should be having a competition for copies as well. :LOL:

hyper_chondriac_muser
15-05-2007, 09:37 PM
It's sold out. There might be copies on ebay though.

MuseCast should be having a competition for copies as well. :LOL:

Yay bless MuseCast too! :D

:( there are a couple of used ones on amazon and they're not even cheap! Would it still be in high street shops? I'll go hassle waterstones in the week. Although everytime I go to check for Muse books in shops there's nowt :(

Astronoma
15-05-2007, 10:40 PM
^Are you sure the old ones are on amazon? I've been trying to get the old book there and on e-bay since November! Nevermind i guess...ordered the new one yesterday:happy:

guio
16-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Daaamn. Just came from Australia and I was sooo disappointed when I couldn't find a copy in Borders. I didn't even find one in those bookstores in flea markets.

Hooope this one goes international. I really need to read this fucking book!

You wanna hear Glorious live? I'll gladly send you a file. :D

arias
16-05-2007, 01:25 PM
thought its International, I still don't think it will reach my shore in South East Asia due to Ben Myers other books never went here:( , Still hopeful thought:)

Dave IMP
16-05-2007, 02:56 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/davevice/Musemyspace.jpg

Hello all,
Here is the new cover and like some of you mentioned we did indeed take on board feedback from the first edition and so the cover now features all 3 members.

To clarify a few points:
The UK release date is June 16th through Independent Music Press

In regards to the Russian edtion they have all the elements required to print their translation and the release date of that does not effect the UK June 16th date at all.

As well some big fat new chapters of text from Ben we have also added to the photo section with some great recent shots.

Finally all of those asking about getting hold of the book in non UK countries, www.mamstore.co.uk would be able to sort this for you subject to postal cost.

If you would like any more information head over to our myspace page at
www.myspace.com/independentmusicpress

Cheers
Dave

Lynzi
16-05-2007, 03:16 PM
:eek: it just so happens to be out 3 days before my birthday:happy:

eeee another Muse thing to add to my list

#1 is Matt but I doubt I'll get him :(