PDA

View Full Version : "Musevangelists"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

gocanux
20-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Is it just me, or do all of you make efforts to expose people to Muse and increase their fanbase? I was in surgery this morning, where we usually chitchat about all sorts of things, and the trainee tech said she liked Muse but only had heard Absolution. As you must know, Showbiz is rarely found here and OOS was never released in the US. So later I ran down to my car and found a couple of extra burned copies of those CD's for this gal. A couple of days ago I made copies for my son's friend. If people haven't heard the music, they hear it with us, we supply them with CD's, and most go on to be fans. One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

I thought this was just a US Musefan phenomenon, but londoner's post in the WTF thread makes me think this is a pretty common occurence. Do you all preach the "gospel according to Matthew"? (Sorry for the irreverance, couldn't help myself)

allzpalz
20-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Can't tell you how many people I've told to listen to them.

Or threatened.

I feel the need to, but afterwards, I feel shitty. I don't want them at arenas here :p oh, how selfish.

People have started getting pissed at me for my raving, and muse news.

Imperium
20-01-2005, 01:00 AM
it happens with most bands but i think its emphasisd with muses case cos of the whole american release combafflery

SweaterSheep
20-01-2005, 01:15 AM
yea, i talk to my friends about Muse, but in a less urgent way. it's really their own choice i wouldn't force them into liking muse if they are worshipping blink182/switchfoot... it's people's free choice, even though in my opinion cooler people listen to muse. :p

londoner
20-01-2005, 01:33 AM
DIs it just me, or do all of you make efforts to expose people to Muse and increase their fanbase? I was in surgery this morning, where we usually chitchat about all sorts of things, and the trainee tech said she liked Muse but only had heard Absolution. As you must know, Showbiz is rarely found here and OOS was never released in the US. So later I ran down to my car and found a couple of extra burned copies of those CD's for this gal. A couple of days ago I made copies for my son's friend. If people haven't heard the music, they hear it with us, we supply them with CD's, and most go on to be fans. One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

I thought this was just a US Musefan phenomenon, but londoner's post in the WTF thread makes me think this is a pretty common occurence. Do you all preach the "gospel according to Matthew"? (Sorry for the irreverance, couldn't help myself)

Yeah, I do spread their music. But I am busy enough promoting my own artworks. I ONLY do this for Muse and Ludwig Van Beethoven´s music, heh. Tho, who knows who will make money from Beethoven´s works. At least I´m happy to know that Muse will benefit directly.

Anyway is a natural human instinct to express what makes us feel happy and satisfied; that´s why I use to recommend people to eat pistachios, chase pigeons, be your own boss and, of course, Muse and Beethoven´s music.

londoner
20-01-2005, 01:40 AM
it's people's free choice, even though in my opinion cooler people listen to muse. :p

Well, you know the website, don´t you? Invictus, I mean: http://invictus.softmeg.com/index.php MUSE: "Rock For Clever People"

museik1028
20-01-2005, 02:21 AM
Most definitely! Every chance I get, I try to slip in a subliminal, "Go listen to Muse." I've been successful many times, and helped add many more fans to Muse. They are so good, it's hard not to talk about! I think I'm actually in love with them, as a band. Like not any one of the guys in particular. Just everything about them, especially the music :) So when you're in love, it's hard to disguise!

ocean5
20-01-2005, 03:00 AM
DIs it just me, or do all of you make efforts to expose people to Muse and increase their fanbase? I was in surgery this morning, where we usually chitchat about all sorts of things, and the trainee tech said she liked Muse but only had heard Absolution. As you must know, Showbiz is rarely found here and OOS was never released in the US. So later I ran down to my car and found a couple of extra burned copies of those CD's for this gal. A couple of days ago I made copies for my son's friend. If people haven't heard the music, they hear it with us, we supply them with CD's, and most go on to be fans. One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

It's pretty much the same scenario at our house. Most of my son's friends are now very much aware of Muse as he has compiled an "intro" cd and given it to his friends. (also in my carpooling I keep their music playing) Most kids do recognize "Tiro" and "Hysteria" from hearing it on the radio but once they hear songs from OoS, it totally blows them away. We have 5 confirmed cases of purchases of OoS and Absolution cds thereafter. And he's always very proud to comment on his mom having met them and seeing them play live... it has earned me the "cool mom" award.

greatbigsquirrel
20-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah, I do spread their music. But I am busy enough promoting my own artworks. I ONLY do this for Muse and Ludwig Van Beethoven´s music, heh. Tho, who knows who will make money from Beethoven´s works. At least I´m happy to know that Muse will benefit directly.

Anyway is a natural human instinct to express what makes us feel happy and satisfied; that´s why I use to recommend people to eat pistachios, chase pigeons, be your own boss and, of course, Muse and Beethoven´s music.
right on man. lol
i love chasing birds.

i tell people about muse but they ignore me.
"well i've never heard of them so they must not be good"
assholes.

of course, it comes up because i talk about my expliots on the board here a lot. lol

Chaos Theory
20-01-2005, 04:12 AM
I do it all the time, i just got one of my good friends completely in love with them in about 10 mins flat lol! she was hating me and goin how dare u make me like them now I'm gonna be broke buying all their albums and stuff.....I'm happy this means I have someone to come to0 muse gigs with me other than my sister he he!!! But yea I've gotten allot of my friends into muse, i do preach muse i guess lol

Muse_Brownie
20-01-2005, 04:49 AM
I was a Muse recruit and it worked! Now I am hooked but as far as spreading the word...I've been slacking in my duties to spread good music. But I think I accidentally turned a few friends onto them by constantly playing the CDs in my car.

kiernana
20-01-2005, 07:03 AM
i highly encourage all things muse when i am in some music related conversation. i've made a few conversions. i used to work at a restaurant that was also known for the music we played there. i slipped in muse one day and my boss and about 5 customers were all asking about who it was after the first song.

i just normally make sure that when i drive people around i play some muse song at a low level and inevitably someone asks who it is. i deliver pizzas and i listen to my music a little loud and i got asked at someone's door who i was listening to, it was quite odd, but awesome.

musefreak
20-01-2005, 07:15 AM
hehe
i don't know how many muse-best of-cds i already amde in the past years...
i stopped coutning them!!!

and i already converted te one or the other who was musically ignorant before :happy:

Charlie_85
20-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Isn't it really sad and lonely that some people (admit i no a couple) don't have a clue who muse are!! thats right... they have not just missed their music on the Tv/radio but they dont no about them!!! how crazy is that!!! they have no idea! i mean, are they missing out or are they missing out!! :stunned: but im not gona intro them.. dont wana become to commercial do we!

.modernRomance
20-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Maybe I used to a little bit.
But now I probably only know 1 or 2 people that haven't ever heard a Muse song (at least TIRO or Hysteria), so they can form their own opinions.
The only thing I do is make people listen to OOS and Showbiz, because they're better and a lot of people only know Absolution or Absolution and OOS.
But I dunno. Everyone I know already likes or really really hates them now.

Ironlunged
20-01-2005, 12:41 PM
I have converted about 30 people to Musefandom at my school. I plug them incessantly in our school newspaper; I've written incredibly positive reviews for all three of their albums and also wrote about the concert I saw in November. Also, I'm not generally able to shut up about the music that I listen to, so my sheer annoyingness has definitely contributed to this cause as well. :happy:

spiral_static
20-01-2005, 02:51 PM
well i usually get a groan whenever i mention them to others, only ones who have began to understand have happened cos i forced them to watch 'em play live hehehhe

Romanticide
20-01-2005, 03:16 PM
I've converted about 18 people in Muse fans. Go me.

Sole Silenzioso
20-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I converted 10 Muse fans into slash.
Does that count :LOL: :LOL: ?

jered123
20-01-2005, 03:29 PM

ya i preach muse in my high school all the time but most of them care about crapy rap to listen to them but no mater they will soon here the amazing talent of muse when i cover them for battle of the bands song that i am covering is hysteria and i am the lead singer so i have a lot to live up to peace (:

jimmy_kane
20-01-2005, 04:00 PM
:( i try so hard to spread muse bout, but no1 will ever listen to me. i dont kno ne1 who is obsessed bout muse as much as me. every1 i kno jst shouts at me and complains wenever i put muse on. and then i get annoyed wen sm lacky boy does start sayin they like muse and that they hav a load of rare live tracks wen all theyv done is downloadd hullabaloo without realising it, but wen i first suggested to them tht they shd listen to muse they jst told me to get lost. and then wen i say to certain ppl who hav heard muse, and dont mind listenin to them a bit,that, 'im off to see muse at earls court' they turn round and say smthin stupid like 'i hate you' or 'aww ur so lucky, i wish i was goin' and some other annoyd sympathy seekin comment. BULLSHIT to tht! i was tuned in to the website day in day out, waiting to here bout there next gig, i went to all kind of efforts to get those tickets, and if they really wer as botherd as they said they wer, then theyd hav done th same.

sorry, bout tht, its a touchy subject for me :$

*~SugarSnow~*
20-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Musevangelists?! :ohmy:

Guilty... :happy:

Hubaloo
20-01-2005, 04:52 PM
I try to make my friends listen to Muse, but as their favourite bands are the Scissor Sisters or No Doubt, I fail miserably. It's quite depressing actually..

Though I do have one friend though who I burned a Absolution for, and now she's learning Time Is Running Out on the guitar (and teaching me, of course)!

gocanux
20-01-2005, 04:52 PM
I guess am responsible (guilty?) of coining two new terms: MuseBunny and Musevangelist.
It's difficult being a Muse fan here in the US as so many people are not familiar with their music, or they only know Hysteria and TIRO because that's all that gets played on the radio. At least our local Seattle alternative station (I forgive you, TheEnd, now that you put Muse onto the Top CD's ballot so quickly) station occasionally plays Newborn or Sunburn.

spiteface
20-01-2005, 04:53 PM
i did this when i was a wee lass..i dont really feel the need for everyone in the world to agree with me anymore..im quietly self assured..but god yes, all the lickle musey people around dublin do it.. :cool:

*~SugarSnow~*
20-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I guess am responsible (guilty?) of coining two new terms: MuseBunny and Musevangelist.
It's difficult being a Muse fan here in the US as so many people are not familiar with their music, or they only know Hysteria and TIRO because that's all that gets played on the radio. At least our local Seattle alternative station (I forgive you, TheEnd, now that you put Muse onto the Top CD's ballot so quickly) station occasionally plays Newborn or Sunburn.

Tee hee! Yes, and I stole one of them :p
*looks to sig*
But I'm the proud beginner of the 'sunglasses', so whoo!

Oi thingy person! Don't be so nasty! Scissor Sisters are no excuse! I love the Scissor Sisters, and yet Muse are my ultimately ultimate band of ultimate bands.
(Don't ask, my music tastes are incredibly diverse).

I'm a failure too, at times... But I say: screw it! All the more for me! :D

Darkshines
20-01-2005, 07:19 PM
once i was talking to my friend's bf, and he knows just how much i love muse. Having never heard them before, he asks me to send him one of their songs. So i decided to send him "Hysteria" since it would the closest thing that he would ever like (He's a fan of greenday and all those pop/punk/rock bands). Days later, he sends me a testimonial (on friendster) telling me that muse are "yucky" :indiff: God he's such a sissyboy. So thus, i have failed in converting him into a muse fan :( . I don't think i will have much luck with my friends either because all they listen to is either jap pop/rock or pop music *sigh*

gocanux
20-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I don't think i will have much luck with my friends either because all they listen to is either jap pop/rock or pop music *sigh*

Well, like the other website says, Muse :Rock for CLEVER People!

Ironlunged
20-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Hmmm... ::wonders what it would be like to hear Muse on the radio::

gocanux
20-01-2005, 08:09 PM
That's just so sad....

Simno
20-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I've managed to both by accident and purposefully convert quite a few people to Muse now, my Girlfriend and her best mate, my best mate, my mum, probably a few more!

lottie2002
20-01-2005, 08:45 PM
i'm completely innocent when it comes to getting people to listen to muse (*coughs*), but well, it's not really necessary at my school... whenever i talk about muse, some of them actually already go like 'cool! muse rocks!', the rest of them listen to pop, r&b and hiphop so i've given up on them :rolleyes:

Hmmm... ::wonders what it would be like to hear Muse on the radio::

*wonders along* ....i have heard them once, on sort of a rockweek, you could request songs, and someone requested for TIRO.... one of the only times i heard them :confused:

Darkshines
20-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Well, like the other website says, Muse :Rock for CLEVER People!

:LOL: Funny enough, my friends are truly not that clever indeed!

Darkshines
20-01-2005, 11:48 PM
*wonders along* ....i have heard them once, on sort of a rockweek, you could request songs, and someone requested for TIRO.... one of the only times i heard them :confused:

It's a rareity for muse to be played on canadian radio. The only times where i heard a lot of muse was during the first few weeks when TIRO and Hysteria came out. During the times before, in between and after their releases, muse have NEVER been played :indiff: I would request it, but then i figure why bother? The chances of my call getting through are not that high, and they would probably be like "who??" "You want to hear THE muse?" :rolleyes:

Darkshines
20-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I've managed to both by accident and purposefully convert quite a few people to Muse now, my Girlfriend and her best mate, my best mate, my mum, probably a few more!

wow your mom too??? cool. Converting my mom into a muse fan is plain out impossible. She doesn't like anything noisy/loud and prefers instrumental music or opera. But I have converted my sis into a muse fan..she practically likes all the music i listen to :happy:

Simno
21-01-2005, 12:42 AM
wow your mom too??? cool. Converting my mom into a muse fan is plain out impossible. She doesn't like anything noisy/loud and prefers instrumental music or opera. But I have converted my sis into a muse fan..she practically likes all the music i listen to :happy:

Haha my mum is officially a legend now, so much so I shelled out the money for her to come along to Earls Court with me for her christmas present, and man she loved every second!

londoner
21-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Lots of parents (mature people) love Muse. You know is that missing link between classic & rock music.

I don´t know about you people living in US, Muse play small-medium venues there at the moment, but in London (or any big venue in Europe) you can see a big part of the crowd in their 30´s, 40´s, and even 50´s. I know of a very mature couple in their early 60´s who follows them everywhere here in London. I knew about them before meet them. They are cool. They confessed their love for the most classic songs, the ones with piano.

Darkshines
21-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Haha my mum is officially a legend now, so much so I shelled out the money for her to come along to Earls Court with me for her christmas present, and man she loved every second!

aww..how sweet :happy:

Simno
21-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Lots of parents (mature people) love Muse. You know is that missing link between classic & rock music.

I don´t know about you people living in US, Muse play small-medium venues there at the moment, but in London (or any big venue in Europe) you can see a big part of the crowd in their 30´s, 40´s, and even 50´s. I know of a very mature couple in their early 60´s who follows them everywhere here in London. I knew about them before meet them. They are cool. They confessed their love for the most classic songs, the ones with piano.

Yeah, I saw quite a few, plenty do also come with the younger fans, as Muse do seem to attract the young 13-14 angsty teens, I can't get too critical here, because that was how old I was when I got into Showbiz!

I think my mum is taken by them more from the rock aspect, she was into Deep Purple, Led Zepp, a lot of heavier rock, sort of stuff we don't see done that well nowadays, (in my opinion, and natch. Muse excepted here!) If anyone is interested her favourite track is Hysteria, and she also made the really astute comment that Sing For Absolution is a lonely track, if you get my drift.

Can anyone tell I am postponing finishing/doing a sodding essay?

gocanux
21-01-2005, 07:28 AM

Oh my, I feel so old! Maybe because I AM, but I still love Muse. I have always been a fan of rock, and so I love their rock as well as the classical elements. Be kind to us older ones; someday you young'uns will be aging rock fans!

Blissfield
21-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Hey this it turning into "how oldies like Muse", so I feel well at home here!
Must say after only seeing Muse before at V (from the mosh pit I must add!)we were really surpised to see the number of 30's / 40's and older at Earls Court. Age really is in the head though, a lot of our friends were amazed that we go to gigs still.
Yes we are evangelists for Muse too, from our kids, to friends and even a Latvian employee who has gone back to Riga now a total fan.....spread the word!! I have even intercepted total strangers in record shops if I see tham pick up a muse album and go "....... yes, yes, you must buy!!", haven't been arrested yet!

The Almighty Moose Priest
21-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Wow - i tried to get my parents into muse - but without sucess! i got my best mate into them when she gve my OOS for my birthday - she's as big a fan as me!! I've bin spreadin around my sixth form how great :D they are - i think its workin!
:D

Dream Digger
21-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeh, I do spread the word around - I managed to turn a guy whom I used to teach some bass into a Muser (lent him OoS saying "listen to what that Chris guy does... and by the way simply listen to the music, it's some awesome stuff," and he bought OoS and Showbiz about 2 weeks later :D )... They're not very popular here in Poland though...

BelleAmie
21-01-2005, 08:43 PM
A friend of mine asked to borrow OoS and I found myself possessed by a Gollum-esque greediness. I practically started hissing "My preciousssss..." I act like a three-year-old: I tell everyone how great they are and then I selfishly refuse to share them. I don't like the fact that there becoming so "cool" that one of of the bloody Olsen twins likes them (I liked the exclusivity that used to be associated with being a Muse martyr. Yeah, I really am that shallow. :rolleyes: )

isabelyalex
22-01-2005, 03:47 AM

That's one more thing I love about Muse. At the wiltern show you couldn't have placed people into categories. There were kids there (approx 10) and people I thought looked like the parents of my students (I teach high school), I saw people of all ages, types and races. I have NEVER seen that in a concert before. I saw people dressed like they were going to a broadway show I saw punks and goths and all sorts. WOW!

Getting back to the purpose of this thread...well I was CONVERTED and I am also spreading the gospel according to matthew, lol. I am getting the String Quartet tribute to muse for my parents and I have several students that I've been preaching to. One of those students happens to run his own online radio station and he is constantly playing Muse now :happy: :D
Here in Lancaster (an hour north of los angeles) the local radio station plays Hysteria and TIRO on a regular basis.

greatbigsquirrel
22-01-2005, 07:00 AM
all my family says is they don't want to hear it... why do i always want to listen to people screaming.
no taste.
i'm tellin ya.

i feel so dirty now that the olsen twins are getting in on it.
it just seems wrong. lol

SweaterSheep
22-01-2005, 07:16 AM
okay, this might not be revelant, but they just played Thoughts of a Dying Athiest on the radio while I was at this movie rental place today. way to go, my beloved muse. i swear this'll be the second song ever i heard on the radio by muse.. guess what was the first one? :p i got so excited that i just wanna give that guy working up front a kiss, lol

gocanux
22-01-2005, 04:33 PM
all my family says is they don't want to hear it... why do i always want to listen to people screaming.
no taste.
i'm tellin ya.

i feel so dirty now that the olsen twins are getting in on it.
it just seems wrong. lol

I know what you mean. Everyone in my house (my sons age 14 and 18, and myself) are Musers except my husband, who can't get past Matthew's falsetto. It seems the only concert vid he has seen is Microcuts; seemed to be on the TV every time he came downstairs over Christmas. But he listens to some blues that to me sounds like a roomful of cats being mercilessly tortured.

And remember, even filthy rich talentless anorexics need Muse!

The Almighty Moose Priest
22-01-2005, 06:51 PM
A friend of mine asked to borrow OoS and I found myself possessed by a Gollum-esque greediness. I practically started hissing "My preciousssss..." I act like a three-year-old: I tell everyone how great they are and then I selfishly refuse to share them. I don't like the fact that there becoming so "cool" that one of of the bloody Olsen twins likes them (I liked the exclusivity that used to be associated with being a Muse martyr. Yeah, I really am that shallow. :rolleyes: )

hee hee - this happened to me to0 - i can't let my album out of my hands!

ocean5
22-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Yesterday my son Nick and his friend were in charge of reading the morning news at their highschool and get to play a song of their choice after the bell rings and before their go on the intercom. Well, they played Stockholm and along with a bunch of kids asking them "who plays that awesome song?" even two of their teachers were also interested in knowing who the band was.

greatbigsquirrel
23-01-2005, 03:02 AM
I know what you mean. Everyone in my house (my sons age 14 and 18, and myself) are Musers except my husband, who can't get past Matthew's falsetto. It seems the only concert vid he has seen is Microcuts; seemed to be on the TV every time he came downstairs over Christmas. But he listens to some blues that to me sounds like a roomful of cats being mercilessly tortured.

And remember, even filthy rich talentless anorexics need Muse!

no.
no they don't.

what, does he listen to the white stripes?
that seems to be my dad's opinion of THEM.
i was playing under blackpool lights and my dad said somethign to that effect.
and that they suck.
he's common thought on most things i like.

kiernana
23-01-2005, 09:53 AM
i was at home yesterday laying on my couch and the muse video came on mtv2. my older brother came out of his room, stood there watching the video, and i finally said something non-chalantly like "you ever hear of those guys?"

long story short, he ended up borrowing my absolution cd and a copy of OOS for his roadtrip home to florida (from missouri = long trip). we'll see soon how that turned out.

gocanux
23-01-2005, 04:35 PM
what, does he listen to the white stripes?
that seems to be my dad's opinion of THEM.
i was playing under blackpool lights and my dad said somethign to that effect. and that they suck. he's common thought on most things i like.

Actually my husband likes SOME new music; loves American Idiot I gave him for Christmas. But mostly he listens to authentic 5-bar Chicago blues, which does nothing for me. I'm going to slip a copy of Absolution and OOS into the CD player in his car and just let him listen for a while; he'll become hooked, like we all did, you'll see. My true test of Musevangelism!

BTW, strong work, FAWKiernan!

ocean5
23-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Actually my husband likes SOME new music; loves American Idiot I gave him for Christmas. But mostly he listens to authentic 5-bar Chicago blues, which does nothing for me. I'm going to slip a copy of Absolution and OOS into the CD player in his car and just let him listen for a while; he'll become hooked, like we all did, you'll see. My true test of Musevangelism!

BTW, strong work, FAWKiernan!

Actually that is in the lines of what I did to my husband; anytime we drive anywhere we listen to Muse, when we're home we watch Muse live on the tv and he has embraced their music totally - don't get me wrong he still listens to his Aerosmith and Zeppelin but he certainly enjoys it when Muse is on.
Now that we're stuck at home buried in 2 feet of snow what is better than having the fire going and listening to Muse?

gocanux
24-01-2005, 04:35 AM
I'm envious of your snow; all we seem to get is rain, but then this is Washington.
I have been accused of being obsessed with Muse (no, really? not me!) so I try to listen to other music in the car, but Colin just HAS to listen to B&H or Plug In Baby or Newborn, and there we go again. But we have converted most of his friends, who of course had only heard Hysteria and TIRO because that's all that gets played on the radio around here.

greatbigsquirrel
24-01-2005, 05:33 AM
ugh.
you too ocean?
i got out of work early because of the snow and didn't have to go today because of it.
we left early because they were about to close the roads.
i work out int he middle of nowhere. it was rediculous getting out there in the first place, worse coming back.

although i got a kick out of how the town either drafted civilians with plows to come out and do the roads or they were doing it on there own.
i'm inclined to think out near my work they were doing it on there own for there own benefit, but i know they had people in town doing it.

it was funny though-
i did a power slide out of my work's driveway on to the road because i couldn't stop, and another turning on to the main road to get home to penn yan.
fun fun fun.

i really hate snow.
anyone wants to trade me is welcome to. lol
seeing england's apparent lack of snow is making me feel more and more like going over there to stay.

my form of musevangelism is playing at open mikes and dropping the naem in conversation.
isn't working very well.
fine by me.
more for me. lol

Canuxfan44
24-01-2005, 10:14 AM
One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

omg that was like the funniest conversation ever... heres how it went:

me: so tyrus, what'd you buy for your family for christmas
tyrus: *holds up 4 copies of absolution*
me: *smacks self in forehead* HAHAHAHA

Canuxfan44
24-01-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm envious of your snow; all we seem to get is rain, but then this is Washington.
I have been accused of being obsessed with Muse (no, really? not me!) so I try to listen to other music in the car, but Colin just HAS to listen to B&H or Plug In Baby or Newborn, and there we go again. But we have converted most of his friends, who of course had only heard Hysteria and TIRO because that's all that gets played on the radio around here.

i dont get why you dont talk to NoName or Harms and just tell them to play the other songs. they can do that right? i mean they know you, and they already play random songs that arent singles off of other cds like American Idiot (i heard they even play Jesus of Suburbia, which is nearly 10 minutes long) so they should be able to play New Born and B&H and stuff too!

red
24-01-2005, 10:36 AM
ive converted about 30 people. the first song i heard on the radio was muscle museum and i went to see muse inadvertedly. fuck me i was blown away.

Canuxfan44
24-01-2005, 10:40 AM
sadly, being the american that i am... the first muse song i ever heard was Stockholm Syndrome. the local rock station began playing it in the fall of '03 for reasons i still have yet to figure out. i loved the song but for some reason i didnt think that much of it until one day my friend jordan randomly bought Absolution and played it in his car on the way back to my house. within 15 minutes, i had a burned copy and i couldnt stop listening to it. this then quickly hooked my mom (gocanux), and later my brother... it spread to like all of my friends and most of his friends and continues to spread even now.

kiernana
24-01-2005, 11:31 AM
thats awesome... my friends are all not really into music as much as i am, so when we do have that conversation, i like to be all cool about it and not so, pee in my pants excited about it... which inevitably happens once they become hooked. i turn into a squealing schoolgirl..

i wish we had snow. except for the fact i'd still have to go into work, as we get business in the snow. (i deliver pizzas) last 2 ft we got, i drove to work in my altima and made pizzas for about 10 hours

Canuxfan44
24-01-2005, 01:25 PM
not all of my friends are THAT into muse (except for a few, who are like dangerously in love with the music haha)...but its still awesome

Neil
24-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Most people I know who like muse ALOT are bloody obsessive, I myself try to steer clear of said people.

"omg i want bellerrrrrrrrrmy on a grand piano"

And that's just the males*

Says something, don't it? ;)

*Just to make it more interesting

Canuxfan44
24-01-2005, 01:29 PM
hahahaha sadly even over here in the boring old US, i know a few people like that. i dont get people who love a band because of the members though. i mean ill admit, im pretty damn obsessed, but its the music that gets me. i mean, this song... Bliss, ... i duno, tonight just brought new meaning to it for me and ... ah. ... i cant even explain it. its amazing

ocean5
24-01-2005, 01:54 PM
ugh.
you too ocean?
i got out of work early because of the snow and didn't have to go today because of it.
we left early because they were about to close the roads.
i work out int he middle of nowhere. it was rediculous getting out there in the first place, worse coming back.

although i got a kick out of how the town either drafted civilians with plows to come out and do the roads or they were doing it on there own.
i'm inclined to think out near my work they were doing it on there own for there own benefit, but i know they had people in town doing it.

it was funny though-
i did a power slide out of my work's driveway on to the road because i couldn't stop, and another turning on to the main road to get home to penn yan.
fun fun fun.

i really hate snow.
anyone wants to trade me is welcome to. lol

lol

Being from Canada we DO love the snow especially that first snowfall. Our neighbors love having Canadians on the street with the big snow blower clearing everybody's driveway and even the street - we live in a cul-de-sac and the plow doesn't get here 'till almost 2 days after the fact. How much snow did you end up with? We have over 2 feet!

*~SugarSnow~*
24-01-2005, 04:28 PM
I read an article...(in RipBurn magazine, I think) that said that an intense band will attract intense fans.

How true.

Darkshines
24-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Being from Canada we DO love the snow especially that first snowfall. Our neighbors love having Canadians on the street with the big snow blower clearing everybody's driveway and even the street - we live in a cul-de-sac and the plow doesn't get here 'till almost 2 days after the fact. How much snow did you end up with? We have over 2 feet!

I'm from Canada, and i suppose i have a love-hate relationship with snow...it's lovely to look at and yet i hate it..freezes my ass off..especially now with all these friggn snow storms..skin's chapped like crazy! :(

*~SugarSnow~*
24-01-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm from Canada, and i suppose i have a love-hate relationship with snow...it's lovely to look at and yet i hate it..freezes my ass off..especially now with all these friggn snow storms..skin's chapped like crazy! :(

Tee hee hee! It's ok! You have me! :D

Darkshines
24-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Tee hee hee! It's ok! You have me! :D

*shivers like crazy*

*hugs*

awww warmth!!! :D

*~SugarSnow~*
24-01-2005, 05:06 PM
*shivers like crazy*

*hugs*

awww warmth!!! :D

*huggles*

Yay! I'm warm, cuddly, sweet and innocent! :happy:

gocanux
24-01-2005, 05:24 PM
hahahaha sadly even over here in the boring old US, i know a few people like that. i dont get people who love a band because of the members though. i mean ill admit, im pretty damn obsessed, but its the music that gets me. i mean, this song... Bliss, ... i duno, tonight just brought new meaning to it for me and ... ah. ... i cant even explain it. its amazing

Brian, what are you doing up at 5:30 AM? I KNOW you didn't get up early; Don't you have classes today???? Busted!

BTW, I'm trying not to bug Harms and NoName (DJ's on our alternative station who are Muse fans, for you non-Seattleites) because I don't want them to think I'm an obsessive weirdo. I am, but there's no need for them to know that!

ocean5
24-01-2005, 05:57 PM

I guess a better choice of words would have been "being from Canada I'm used to the snow". Those winters are pretty long! Just came back from tobogganing with my daughter and friends (day off from school) and it got pretty nippy out there and we're nowhere near the temps in Toronto.
Hang in there Darkshines and don't forget lots of moisturizer!

Darkshines
24-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I guess a better choice of words would have been "being from Canada I'm used to the snow". Those winters are pretty long! Just came back from tobogganing with my daughter and friends (day off from school) and it got pretty nippy out there and we're nowhere near the temps in Toronto.
Hang in there Darkshines and don't forget lots of moisturizer!

oooh yea..pretty nippy indeed! Need to get out some of that Vasaline..heavy duty moistrurizer! hehe...

ocean5
24-01-2005, 06:54 PM
... im pretty damn obsessed, but its the music that gets me. i mean, this song... Bliss, ... i duno, tonight just brought new meaning to it for me and ... ah. ... i cant even explain it. its amazing

Caution: too much info..."tonight...me and..." (sorry mom) hahaha.
It's all about the music. Bliss is indeed one of those songs!

isabelyalex
25-01-2005, 01:53 AM
am I the only one just waiting for tomorrow's release of the string quartet tribute??? Just thought it would be a great tool for spreading Muse to even more people (like my mom) :rolleyes:

Canuxfan44
25-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Brian, what are you doing up at 5:30 AM? I KNOW you didn't get up early; Don't you have classes today???? Busted!

BTW, I'm trying not to bug Harms and NoName (DJ's on our alternative station who are Muse fans, for you non-Seattleites) because I don't want them to think I'm an obsessive weirdo. I am, but there's no need for them to know that!

okay so i was up a bit late. oh well. my first class today wasnt until 1:15pm anyways... is ocean5 the other musemom on here? i like how you guys are like tag team nagging me. hahaha. and i wasnt doing anything bad, the song bliss just seemed to fit the night.

ocean5
25-01-2005, 11:45 AM
okay so i was up a bit late. oh well. my first class today wasnt until 1:15pm anyways... is ocean5 the other musemom on here? i like how you guys are like tag team nagging me. hahaha. and i wasnt doing anything bad, the song bliss just seemed to fit the night.

You bet I am the other Musemom and I've had one of mine go through college so...been there done that...we're on to you!!!!!!!!!!

gocanux
25-01-2005, 05:50 PM

"Tag team nagging"----priceless!

And Bliss is always a good choice.

ocean5
25-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Moms are "bliss"!!!

Canuxfan44
25-01-2005, 08:10 PM
You bet I am the other Musemom and I've had one of mine go through college so...been there done that...we're on to you!!!!!!!!!!

id have to have done something wrong for you to be onto me. well... unless you consider staying up til 6:15 am wrong, cause then you definitely caught me. haha

ocean5
25-01-2005, 08:15 PM
id have to have done something wrong for you to be onto me. well... unless you consider staying up til 6:15 am wrong, cause then you definitely caught me. haha

What kept you "blissfully" awake 'til the am and don't tell me "studying", well, maybe, but not with "books"!

Canuxfan44
25-01-2005, 08:16 PM
touche. lol. no i was just up listening to music and talking to people on the phone/internet. the night before i had stayed up from 2am til 5:30 am talking on the phone to my friend jordan haha

ocean5
25-01-2005, 08:18 PM
touche. lol. no i was just up listening to music and talking to people on the phone/internet. the night before i had stayed up from 2am til 5:30 am talking on the phone to my friend jordan haha

What a sweetie...the truth comes out!!!

gocanux
25-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Jordan is the lad in the blue jacket in our photo with Muse at EndFest (see Wiltern Dec 8 thread in G&T); another of my "adopted" children.

ocean5
26-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Jordan is the lad in the blue jacket in our photo with Muse at EndFest (see Wiltern Dec 8 thread in G&T); another of my "adopted" children.

So that's the chap I was asking you about.
How lucky for your "adopted" children to have such a nice mom.

gocanux
26-01-2005, 05:13 PM
The list grows daily!

gocanux
27-01-2005, 07:12 PM
If the rumor is true that OOS will be released soon in the US (see G&T), then we Musevangelists can take a break from burning innumerable copies of the as-yet-unavailable-in-the-US CD. Now we need the Hullabaloo CD's and DVD released here.

greatbigsquirrel
27-01-2005, 07:42 PM
you never know.
we might still get them yet.
who knows who cares. lol
i'll have them all, so i don't have to wait.

Darkshines
27-01-2005, 08:40 PM
If the rumor is true that OOS will be released soon in the US (see G&T), then we Musevangelists can take a break from burning innumerable copies of the as-yet-unavailable-in-the-US CD. Now we need the Hullabaloo CD's and DVD released here.

There is such a rumour?! :ohmy:
In that case, i hope it's true and that since you guys are getting em, then we canadians will get em to! *crosses fingers*
OOS has got to be my fav album, and it sucks that i can't buy it :( (Cost waaay too much to import =/)

ocean5
27-01-2005, 09:19 PM
There is such a rumour?! :ohmy:
In that case, i hope it's true and that since you guys are getting em, then we canadians will get em to! *crosses fingers*
OOS has got to be my fav album, and it sucks that i can't buy it :( (Cost waaay too much to import =/)

Eh there, I'd be glad to copy OoS for you - from one canadian to another.

Darkshines
27-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Eh there, I'd be glad to copy OoS for you - from one canadian to another.

:D That's very kind of you to offer, but I want the actual version of the CD itself. I do own all the songs, but I don't feel much like a fan since they're all bootleged :(

But thanks a lot anyway ;)

gocanux
27-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Don't feel bad about downloading/bootlegging OOS. In an interview (either on the LA or Seattle radio station's site, can't remember which; last summer I think) Matthew actually encouraged fans in the US/Canada to download it, since the band had such a falling out with their prior record company, who refused to promote the CD here.

Darkshines
27-01-2005, 09:55 PM
In that case, i feel a bit better :happy: hehe..

kiernana
28-01-2005, 05:19 AM
yeah i'll admit i just bought it like two days ago (but i got the japanese version with futurism) and i've had it downloaded since it came out. i feel bad, except for i hate record companies, so i don't feel too too bad, seeing as they are the ones who profit more than the artist.

gocanux
28-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Like I said before, Muse apparently is getting NOTHING from OOS from their former company, but if they release it in the US under WB we'll all march down and buy multiple copies!~

kiernana
28-01-2005, 08:34 PM
i broke down cuz i wanted the extra features and the liner notes... i'm such a n00b

gocanux
28-01-2005, 08:36 PM
You're just lucky to find a copy of OOS here in the US---or did you send to UK for it? Are Muse CD's/DVD's any easier to find in Canada, anyone?

allzpalz
28-01-2005, 08:39 PM
There's an HMV downtown in Toronto that has a few imported copies once in a while, for about 40 bucks canadian. I got mine from a friend who went to Austria before they did a show here. I was so mad when I found it, hah.

So, yeah, other than that huuuge HMV, nah, they usuall yonly have a few absolutions, and once in a while, a showbiz.

kiernana
28-01-2005, 08:45 PM
You're just lucky to find a copy of OOS here in the US---or did you send to UK for it? Are Muse CD's/DVD's any easier to find in Canada, anyone?

i ended up getting mine from australia... i actually paid 53 bucks for OOs, Hullabaloo dvd and shipping... not bad... considering

Darkshines
28-01-2005, 09:18 PM
There's an HMV downtown in Toronto that has a few imported copies once in a while, for about 40 bucks canadian. I got mine from a friend who went to Austria before they did a show here. I was so mad when I found it, hah.

So, yeah, other than that huuuge HMV, nah, they usuall yonly have a few absolutions, and once in a while, a showbiz.

$40?! :eek: Wow..that's pretty crazy..hm, never knew they even had any at all in Toronto, let alone Canada...haha. I kept on getting the feeling that they might have it there, but never got the chance to check it out. Perhaps I'll stop by there someday just to see if it's there. :D

isabelyalex
28-01-2005, 09:47 PM
I found hullabaloo (cd), OOS (they had several copies), a SFA single, Absolution (vinyl) and a whole bunch of other goodies at Amoeba (independent music store in hollywood)
There are only 3 locations in california but a visit there is well worth it. The store is huge and you could easily spend the whole day there if not longer.
:D

kiernana
29-01-2005, 11:02 AM
too bad i live in missouri. here it's alot harder to find stuff... trust me, i'm an expert at ebay now.

Canuxfan44
29-01-2005, 01:55 PM
AHHH I HAVE TO GO TO AMOEBA

but seriously... you dont even WANT to know how much i paid for OOS and Hullabaloo (sans DVD). argh. oh well, at least i got em.

gocanux
30-01-2005, 03:47 AM
B---Does Rhino in Claremont carry any imported Muse stuff? If not then you need to convert them to the Church of Muse!

greatbigsquirrel
31-01-2005, 05:07 AM
actually, i still feel horrible when i download stuff. lol

i had OOS downloaded on a cd with lots of b sides, and i just about shit my drawers when i saw it at borders.
so i talked my friend evan into getting it for me.
it was only , like, 22 bucks, but i didn't have any money on me.

i think i actually squealed with the glee of finding soemthign i never expected to.
i was bouncing up and down when i went up to evan.

i just felt so good that i could finally upgrade from my crappy download and buy the actual thing.

it was worth it... really.

i'm working on importing the hullabaloo cd to a local record shop in canandaigua- he said it might cost me 30 bucks, but i'm like "DUDE, for a double cd that's a good price and well worth it, considering that i can't buy it just about anywhere in the states!"

(double cd's are usually about 25 dollars anyhow.)

look- i'm obsessive compulsive (a horder by trade [i.e. packrat]) and getting my collection properly brings me great joy and peice of mind, ok? so please don't think i'm odd in this. :LOL:

kiernana
31-01-2005, 07:35 AM
you might as well check ebay first, as i paid 20 (14 for cd+ 6 S&H) for my hullabaloo soundtrack.

but then again, nothing beats finding the cd in a store... even if it means you making them import one.

Canuxfan44
31-01-2005, 12:14 PM
B---Does Rhino in Claremont carry any imported Muse stuff? If not then you need to convert them to the Church of Muse!

I saw Hullabaloo there once and almost shat myself. It was like 8 bucks. I wanted to carry it up to the counter and just point to the price tag and start crying. Of course, when I bought OOS and Hullabaloo, I didn't realize that 40 pounds total (thats including shipping) was like 328947238947923 dollars american!!! (good thing i NEVER exaggerate... and im NEVER sarcastic)
hahaha

ocean5
31-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Went into Best Buy to check for any new stuff from Muse and asked them to check on the comp for any future release dates of any singles in the US so first he asks "The Music?" then "Who?" , "The Muse" by now I was loosing it just a little "They're called MUSE period! and they're fantastic. maybe you should take the time to check them out!" Well, I would have said a little more but my daughter was with me and I had to set a good example. I was happy in the end, when he said "Thanks for telling me about them. They sound interesting and I'll check them out!" My good deed for the day!

gocanux
31-01-2005, 06:01 PM
I saw Hullabaloo there once and almost shat myself. It was like 8 bucks. I wanted to carry it up to the counter and just point to the price tag and start crying. Of course, when I bought OOS and Hullabaloo, I didn't realize that 40 pounds total (thats including shipping) was like 328947238947923 dollars american!!! (good thing i NEVER exaggerate... and im NEVER sarcastic)
hahaha

BMan---You saw Hullabaloo in Rhino and didn't buy it for me for Christmas????? Remember, there's Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, my birthday, Mother's Day---that covers Feb thru May. I may yet have to disown you! Buy all Muse available! (I too am a bit obsessive-compulsive, but that's not necessarily a bad thing in a surgeon)

kiernana
31-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Went into Best Buy to check for any new stuff from Muse and asked them to check on the comp for any future release dates of any singles in the US so first he asks "The Music?" then "Who?" , "The Muse" by now I was loosing it just a little "They're called MUSE period! and they're fantastic. maybe you should take the time to check them out!" Well, I would have said a little more but my daughter was with me and I had to set a good example. I was happy in the end, when he said "Thanks for telling me about them. They sound interesting and I'll check them out!" My good deed for the day!

yeah best buy has nothing... they are useless, if you ask me. the only good thing is you can get cds for reasonable prices...

ocean5
31-01-2005, 08:58 PM
yeah best buy has nothing... they are useless, if you ask me. the only good thing is you can get cds for reasonable prices...

You're right...and the people working there are usually doing it part-time so can't expect too much from them. It's just we all wished people would be more aware of who they are, but I guess the time will come.

gocanux
31-01-2005, 09:15 PM
That's funny (or sad..). I was in BestBuy just yesterday and asked the clerk to look up what other Muse items were available, and she said The Music? The Muse? She looked about 22 and had never heard of them. Maybe she listens to country; after all, this is Tacoma!

The Musevangelist Award for the week goes to.....ME! I just saw a gal for a postop checkup, having done her emergency surgery at midnight a week or so ago. While we were waiting for the OR to be ready, we had made small talk to allay her understandable anxiety, and she mentioned she loved Absolution. Since this is the US, she had never heard of OOS, so at her office visit today I gave her a burned copy of OOS! One by one we will convert them.....

mayblossom
31-01-2005, 09:21 PM
The Musevangelist Award for the week goes to.....ME! I just saw a gal for a postop checkup, having done her emergency surgery at midnight a week or so ago. While we were waiting for the OR to be ready, we had made small talk to allay her understandable anxiety, and she mentioned she loved Absolution. Since this is the US, she had never heard of OOS, so at her office visit today I gave her a burned copy of OOS! One by one we will convert them.....
Now that's what I call aftercare!

kiernana
31-01-2005, 10:06 PM
haha! thats a good one...

i was in there looking for Hullabaloo and of course they didn't have it. i was somehow shocked seeing as they had a live dvd for everyone else under the sun that either i've never heard of or hasn't put anything new out since 1989...

31-01-2005, 11:46 PM
yeah i bought absolution 3 times for gifts and lent it to people i dnt know how mnay times and people have turned into fans. thing is matt dnt mind as long as people listen to music

greatbigsquirrel
01-02-2005, 02:57 AM
i think i might be turnign my boss into a fan. lol
she's heard me talking about the board so many times at work, i guess she's curious about any band that can cause such intense loyalty (i mention everyone's exploits that i read about- i get a good laugh from them, especially what i've done on the photogenic tom thread. lol)

so i lent her my copy of OOS for a few days.
i told her that most everyone think it's there best album.
she seemed pretty interested, so i guess we'll see what happens.

kiernana
01-02-2005, 05:58 AM
i've got about 8 of my friends already wanting to see muse on the CI tour if they play our school.... about half want to drive with me to see them elsewhere too... now if they could only announce the dates....

gocanux
01-02-2005, 04:37 PM
We will easily fill all 8 seats in our Expedition to make the ultimate Muse road trip, if they play anywhere in BC, WA, OR etc. We are amassing quite a Muse gang around here!

isabelyalex
01-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey Brian!!
Just wanted to thank you for copying the stuff you had for Alex and I !! :D
Amoeba is AWESOME you would totally love it there. We are planning to take another trip there soon. Maybe we could meet up :happy:

Hullabaloo was $19!! OOS was $19!

Here's another story....
I was taking a picture of the football field at the school where I teach because it has goal post (i want to alter the picture so it looks like the cover of oos). She asked me why I was taking the picture...that sparked the conversation about Muse and I gave her a burned copy of oos that I had in my car!

gocanux
02-02-2005, 04:43 AM
Hey Brian!!
Just wanted to thank you for copying the stuff you had for Alex and I !! :D
Here's another story....
I was taking a picture of the football field at the school where I teach because it has goal post (i want to alter the picture so it looks like the cover of oos). She asked me why I was taking the picture...that sparked the conversation about Muse and I gave her a burned copy of oos that I had in my car!

One by one we shall convert them....

BTW, Isabel, Brian created the original DVD's but my husband (not yet converted, but we're working on it) copied them at his business, and I have now mastered CD burning and copied those! (Don't laugh at me, I'm old!)

greatbigsquirrel
02-02-2005, 04:58 PM
*pouts*
i don't WANT to convert them-
they don't deserve it. lol

you know it'll never completely work-
muse don't have the sexiness factor here.
you will never believe how many people i've heard saying "eww" at them
or they're weird
or whatever the fuck the problem is today.

which is hunky-fucking-dory by me.
i don't wnat ticket prices to get all expensive cuz they're popular. lol

isabelyalex
02-02-2005, 05:00 PM
One by one we shall convert them....

BTW, Isabel, Brian created the original DVD's but my husband (not yet converted, but we're working on it) copied them at his business, and I have now mastered CD burning and copied those! (Don't laugh at me, I'm old!)

Thank you Mr. Anderson (sorry don't know his first name)!!!!!!!!!

Yes one by one....world domination...eer I mean Muse domination :D

isabelyalex
02-02-2005, 05:02 PM
*pouts*
i don't WANT to convert them-
they don't deserve it. lol

you know it'll never completely work-
muse don't have the sexiness factor here.
you will never believe how many people i've heard saying "eww" at them
or they're weird
or whatever the fuck the problem is today.

which is hunky-fucking-dory by me.
i don't wnat ticket prices to get all expensive cuz they're popular. lol

I do think they are sexy but not in the "traditional" sense whatever that means. I also don' want tickets to skyrocket either but we can't do too much about that. Let's enjoy it while we can.

ocean5
02-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Sexiness aside (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, btw), they make terrific music for all of us to enjoy! I would love to keep seeing them play in a small venue but that too is not realistic.

greatbigsquirrel
02-02-2005, 10:24 PM
well, my mouth remains closed on the beauty issue. lol

i kind of liked being able to see them in small venues. :)

gocanux
02-02-2005, 11:03 PM
I must agree with th e small venues, having seen them in both large and smallish.

I had a Musevangelist moment today in surgery. I worked with the trainee tech whom I had given burned copies of OOS and Absolution a couple of weeks ago. She couldn't stop raving about the music! Definitely converted; plans to buy a real copy of Absolution and anything else she can get her hands on. One by one....

Canuxfan44
03-02-2005, 07:57 AM
omg... i converted my first! and it felt sooo good! hahha

so i was talking on this message board with someone who was like "i love radiohead blah blah blah but i dont really like muse" and i was like "well you probably just haven't heard the right stuff to get you into them!" and he was like "fine send me something"... so i sent him OOS and the live video of MicroCuts... quite a while later he responded by saying "I have been sitting here with my jaw hanging open for about an hour now... this is absolutely amazing!!! do you have any more? how many CDs do you have? etc etc etc" and i just got a huge grin on my face. hahaha

ocean5
03-02-2005, 12:13 PM
omg... i converted my first! and it felt sooo good! hahha

so i was talking on this message board with someone who was like "i love radiohead blah blah blah but i dont really like muse" and i was like "well you probably just haven't heard the right stuff to get you into them!" and he was like "fine send me something"... so i sent him OOS and the live video of MicroCuts... quite a while later he responded by saying "I have been sitting here with my jaw hanging open for about an hour now... this is absolutely amazing!!! do you have any more? how many CDs do you have? etc etc etc" and i just got a huge grin on my face. hahaha

You know what they say...like mother like son!

Muscle Mikez
03-02-2005, 04:42 PM
muse convertion, brilliant! :)

you go canuxfan44! I'm better in converting people to listen to other music than let them listen to Muse. (coz I was converted to Muse a couple of years ago myself, I listened to really eeh.. shit bands) The people that I know, they already listen to muse, only I am the one who comes with the bootlegs, b-sides, news and stuff. So I only then can let them listen to newer/unknown-for-friends bands (Hope of the States, Zutons, Opeth, Massive Attack, Interpol, etc, etc) They even took some songs from the bands I gave them to play it on the schoolfestival! (hehe, I'm bassing that one--> Zuton Fever)

Maybe I should look for new people to convert to Muse (as if you talk about religion. Well, you could see it as a sort of belief!)

I would love to see them in smaller venues, I only saw them in Ahoy, were about 6000 people can see them (I'm not sure, but something like that) Maybe the variation of small and larger venues keep them eeh.. kind of fresh and not always the same

gocanux
03-02-2005, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Muscle Mikez]muse convertion, brilliant! :) you go canuxfan44!

Maiike, now that I have adopted you, canuxfan44 is your brother!

Muscle Mikez
03-02-2005, 06:25 PM
big or little brother? (older than 15?) Ah well, still, you go brother! :D

greatbigsquirrel
03-02-2005, 07:52 PM
i made a technomatt shirt.
people keep looking at me oddly.
i'm going to scraw muse lyrics all over the back. lol

just so maybe it makes sense.

isabelyalex
03-02-2005, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=Muscle Mikez]muse convertion, brilliant! :) you go canuxfan44!

Maiike, now that I have adopted you, canuxfan44 is your brother!

:LOL: :LOL: He's not my brother...yet. But I am married...oh well

gocanux
04-02-2005, 03:34 AM
big or little brother? (older than 15?) Ah well, still, you go brother! :D

You can see your MuseMom and Musebrothers here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v200/gocanux/Muse/

Brian is 18 and in a photo with Dom; Colin will be 15 in March and is in the group photos and sleeping on the sidewalk with his crutches! You can see me in a photo with the band with Jordan, one of my other adopted kids and Brian's best friend.

greatbigsquirrel
04-02-2005, 05:20 AM
ok, i scrawled lyrics all over the back- i ought to take photos so everyone can see how i cannot draw matt bellamy. lol

i took lyrics from all the covers and songs (except house of the rising sun) and strung them into a poem and took about 4 hours to write them all on the back of the shirt.
(i can't find the digital camera to take a photo of the front and back)

"aMUSEd"

The sight of you makes me weak
Change everything you are, and everything you were
Cause I was born to destroy you
I don’t want you to adore me, don’t want you to ignore me
I don’t think you really need this, I don’t think you really care
She had a name, yeah she had a name
A starlight in the gloom
Sustain on my apathy
Apostasy and apathy still rule, just suck and see
I can feel it, I can tell you’re gonna be just like me
Someone tell me why she breaks my fall, and then breaks my heart
I tried to give you up, but I’m addicted
Suppose it stands to reason that you would turn on me
I know you’re in this room, I’m sure I heard you sigh
Be mine, and your innocence I will consume
Don’t you know that you’re ashamed?
Everything about you pains my envying
You burn me from a distance
I’m hurting you again
Sex in pain keeps me alive
You aren’t even listening, so why should I?
Tasting the air you’re breathing in
I found what I was looking for
It’s led me on and on to you
My love here is so untrue
Cherished dreams forever asleep
Watching flashbacks intertwine
Haven’t had a dream in a long time
I cannot sleep, too much noise in my head!
You make me sick because I adore you so
Controlling again, unseperated twins
Made us scream eternal time
Why can’t you sleep with someone that protects you?
You wanted more than I was worth
I feel my heart implode
Megaphone screaming my name
You are my holy shroud
Please don’t kill me, I don’t want to die
Purposeless survival, there’s nothing left to die for
Your death creates success
Resuscitate in my sleep
In unbroken virgin realities
Wash me away, clean your body of me
Leave me alone, it’s nothing serious
Consumed by an ends, try bend the rules
You will not find it in me
And we’ll pray that there’s no god
Cause I wasted all my youth
I’m the priest god never paid
No one ever dared to break these endless lies
A storm is growing and it’s coming my way
Forcing our darkest souls to unfold
For the holes in our souls post no thrills
I swear to god I heard someone moaning low
She could never be as good as you
Take off your disguise
Destroy the spineless, show me it’s real
Burning the candle at both ends
Don’t embrace the past, this life’s too good to last
We’ll never pray again, we’ll ignore you
Come on, it’s time for something biblical
Feeling my faith erode
It’s freezing and I’m losing my way
It’s about time I was paid
Force me in, into greed
I just don’t care if it’s real, that won’t change how it feels
Yeah, freedom is mine
And it means nothing to me that you blew this away

phew that took some work i'll tell you...
my mom's like suuure, you're not a groupie.
i said, no, i'm not a groupie. i have no interest in the band members as a groupie would, i am interested in the lyrics.
gits.
all of them.

gocanux
04-02-2005, 11:58 AM
That's pretty amazing! Cool how so many of the themes blend from one song to another. You must post a photo of the shirt on here.

gocanux
05-02-2005, 01:01 AM
I found another copy of OOS---again, at Borders! I'm really beginning to like that store! And OOS as rare as hen's teeth around here.

kiernana
05-02-2005, 02:17 AM
why oh why must i be stuck in the middle of a small town... i'll never randomly run into any of that here... we have a barnes and noble that doesn't restock it's issues of mags, thus making me wait just to get the Q/NME that muse are in..

bah...

greatbigsquirrel
05-02-2005, 04:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/MBKC/technomatt.jpg
once again proving that i CANNOT draw matt bellamy, much to my chagrin- my one friend is already asking for a copy- in return for a copy of hullaballoo. lol
why oh why can i not draw him when i can draw everyone/everything else?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/MBKC/backofshirt.jpg
4 LONG, TIRING HOURS.
you can see my chucks in the shot- it says aMUSEd on the top in that black blur, with the bars over muse

i'll post a paint representation when i can-

ocean5
05-02-2005, 04:57 AM
wow gbs, that is a really neat looking tshirt!

greatbigsquirrel
05-02-2005, 04:17 PM
yeah, it looks just tacky enough (especially the drawing) to look like i bought it in one of those girly stores.
but i feel bad i can't do poor matt b more justice in drawing him. i just can't for some reason. too bad.
one of my friends already wants a copy.
i'll give it to her- but i told her i probably won't go to all of the trouble of writing all of the stuff on the back.
too bad for her i suppose. lol
i'll post the aMUSEd thing when i get home and can get on tonight, cuz i'm not using my pc at home ATM.

gocanux
05-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Squirrely, the back of that shirt is amazing; such meticulous printing.

I'll be doing some more Musevangelizing, distributing copies of the Earl's Court Dec 20 CD that just came in the mail from East Coast MuseMom ocean5. Wow! Sunburn, Newborn, it's all so much more intense live. I'm becoming very impatient waiting for the mtvU tour announcement. Must....see...Muse...live....again....soon....

ocean5
05-02-2005, 08:32 PM
You're quite welcome...such a shame we couldn't have been there; it does sound like a tremendous performance! as always.

gocanux
06-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Aha! More Muse material to copy and distribute to the chosen many: NuovoOssessione (aka Elena from Italy) just sent me a wonderful care package with live clips, interviews, vids---fabulous! Unfortunately the two items I was looking forward to most (the making of the Bliss vid and the "flippaut" interview) won't play on my mac, but we will find a way!

greatbigsquirrel
06-02-2005, 03:16 AM
DAMN! i want the earl's court cd...

oh, i got the amused thing on here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/MBKC/aMUSEd.bmp

that's that big blurb on the top.

ocean5
06-02-2005, 04:06 AM
[QUOTE=greatbigsquirrel]DAMN! i want the earl's court cd...QUOTE]

Both MuseMoms already had you in mind and since I'm closer I would be happy to send you a copy.

Meep
06-02-2005, 12:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/MBKC/technomatt.jpg
once again proving that i CANNOT draw matt bellamy, much to my chagrin- my one friend is already asking for a copy- in return for a copy of hullaballoo. lol
why oh why can i not draw him when i can draw everyone/everything else?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/MBKC/backofshirt.jpg
4 LONG, TIRING HOURS.
you can see my chucks in the shot- it says aMUSEd on the top in that black blur, with the bars over muse

i'll post a paint representation when i can-
That pwnz!

Wow thats some effort you put in with the writing on the back, I would have given up half way :happy: *claps*

gocanux
06-02-2005, 05:04 PM

Both MuseMoms already had you in mind and since I'm closer I would be happy to send you a copy.

We MuseMoms must take care of our MuseKids!

Muscle Mikez
06-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Must....see...Muse...live....again....soon....
OI! You've already seen them twice (am I right?) and for me it was longer than a year ago that I've seen them live in action! :p I've more rights to see them earlier oh Musemother! ;) Or I could plan that vacation somewhat earlier and see them in America, with you guys!

Greatbigsquirrel, beautiful t-shirt! Really! Original it surely is! :D

gocanux
07-02-2005, 05:30 AM
I just made 16 CD's (8 each of disc 1 and 2) of the Earl's Court CD, to give to my Muse disciples. Thank you, Manuella!

ocean5
07-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I just made 16 CD's (8 each of disc 1 and 2) of the Earl's Court CD, to give to my Muse disciples. Thank you, Manuella!

As MuseMoms our job is never done! btw, you're welcome.

gocanux
07-02-2005, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=ocean5]As MuseMoms our job is never done! QUOTE]

Just like regular motherhood, but without the stress!

ocean5
08-02-2005, 02:32 AM

MuseMom of the east coast has sent it your way! Enjoy.

Sole Silenzioso
08-02-2005, 10:41 AM
I still wonder why people want the EC CDs when they can download everything from Muselive :eek:

ocean5
08-02-2005, 12:22 PM
I still wonder why people want the EC CDs when they can download everything from Muselive :eek:

Well, some people may not be able to burn cds. One way or another, all that matters is to share the music, right?!?

Sole Silenzioso
08-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Well, some people may not be able to burn cds. One way or another, all that matters is to share the music, right?!?

Yeah, but still I would save the money for some original stuff :p

greatbigsquirrel
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
*bounces up and down*
i can't wait!
i also can';t wait for my hullabaloo cd.
oh well, just gives me an excuse to hang around the ro\ecord shopo flirting with the sexy owner i'm going out with thursday. lol
(well, not out out, i'm going over to his house to watch a dvd)

gocanux
08-02-2005, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=greatbigsquirrel]*bounces up and down*
i can't wait! i also can';t wait for my hullabaloo cd. QUOTE]

Did you order the Hullabaloo CD's? Or did I promise to send you those? I have promised copies of so many things to so many people I can't keep them all straight in my poor Muse-addled head!

greatbigsquirrel
09-02-2005, 07:26 AM
yeah, i told you you didn't have to send those to me cuz i had already ordered them.

like i said, another excuse to flirt with the guy at the record shop.... or maybe that's when i stared flirting with him. eh, who cares.
point is i'm gettign it.

i also had to order a farking book just to read the damn thing.
people keep saying to me, read that 12th planet book, it's good, but the worthless libraries around here don't have it, so i shelled out the 8 bucks to get it. lol

hope it's worth it. :indiff:

gocanux
09-02-2005, 06:04 PM
like i said, another excuse to flirt with the guy at the record shop.... or maybe that's when i stared flirting with him. eh, who cares.
point is i'm gettign it.

By "it" do you mean the CD or the record-shop guy?

i also had to order a farking book just to read the damn thing.
people keep saying to me, read that 12th planet book, it's good, but the worthless libraries around here don't have it, so i shelled out the 8 bucks to get it. lol

I bought Brian that book for Christmas, along with Rule by Secrecy and another Bellamy-fave title I forget, on conditon that he lets me read them when he is home from college this summer.

greatbigsquirrel
09-02-2005, 07:21 PM
:confused:
i didn't know it was a bellamy favorite.
fuck, now i might not read it just so as not to look like a groupie. lol

i have rule by secrecy too. looked interesting.
strange how i seem to have that taste in books.
i read hgyperspace and elegant universe too, i just kind of grab whatever catches my fancy and whatever i've heard through word of mouth (except harry potter, haven't read any of them yet)

Muscle Mikez
09-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I bought Brian that book for Christmas, along with Rule by Secrecy and another Bellamy-fave title I forget, on conditon that he lets me read them when he is home from college this summer.
Hyperspace?

gocanux
09-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Hyperspace?

That's the one!
Thanks for helping out your poor old addled adoptive MuseMom; I have a cold and my brain apparently has left the premises.

greatbigsquirrel
09-02-2005, 07:31 PM
has. i loved hyperspace. it was so fucking funny, although i'm not sure that was the point. :LOL:
oh well, it's all good.
i think the best story in the book was when to leave the kitchen:
heat up the ice cube in the pressure cooker until a tear opens up in space, and then it would be advisable to leave the kitchen

or that little poem:
twinkle twinkle little star
i don't wonder what you are
because by spectrographic ken
i know you are hydrogen

i worte that down and tacked it to my wall as a poster. lol

Muscle Mikez
09-02-2005, 07:35 PM
That's the one!
Thanks for helping out your poor old addled adoptive MuseMom; I have a cold and my brain apparently has left the premises.
aahw! I hope you get better soon! *hug*

ooeeh! That book sounds interesting! I shall check if I can read that somewhere

greatbigsquirrel
09-02-2005, 07:46 PM
well, i can tell you one thing, it was even giving ME a headache, so proceed with caution. lol

gocanux
09-02-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm feeling better now, having just watched Muse on Fuse, live at the Wiltern Dec 9 (But I was at the Dec 8 concert!)-----only 4 songs, but it helped anyway! And yes, I recorded it.

ocean5
09-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm feeling better now, having just watched Muse on Fuse, live at the Wiltern Dec 9 (But I was at the Dec 8 concert!)-----only 4 songs, but it helped anyway! And yes, I recorded it.

You lucky girl! What a day for you...Fuse and the Brits!

gocanux
10-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Now if some kind person could help me fix my sig my day would be complete. Brian did it for me originally, but doesn't know how to resize it from 2 states away. And everyone knows I am hopelessly computer challenged.

Muscle Mikez
10-02-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah I could help you. Wait a min. I'll resize them for you and give you then the link to put it in your sig again

Why did they do this anyways? Those rather weird texts and all.. hmm... Just delete it then or something...!

edit- aaah! Finished it already, here are the two links. Its still readable and stuff. I hope you think its the right size. I cut the background off so that you only see the precious ticket. You know how to put those two links in your sig? Well.. if they still think its too big, just blah!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Fluffy_mikez/gocanux_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Fluffy_mikez/gocanux_2.jpg

gocanux
10-02-2005, 08:12 PM
I'll try it, Maaike.

gocanux
10-02-2005, 08:14 PM
?????help!

ocean5
11-02-2005, 12:25 AM
?????help!

Wish I could help u but I am useless at this, never even had a sig. But I am here for emotional support, one MuseMom to another!

greatbigsquirrel
11-02-2005, 04:09 AM
i'm just sad i had to axe my plums.
i LIKED those plums.
i was KNOWN for them plums.
so i have erected a memorial sig for them.

oh, i'm going to start posting sigs ont he muse sigs board.

gocanux
11-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Where is Muscle Mikez? I'm still sigless!

gocanux
12-02-2005, 07:39 PM
I am making progress on my biggest Muse conversion so far: my husband. Somehow he can't get past Matthew's falsetto, even though he listens to some female blues singers that, to me, sound like a roomful of cats being strangled. The other day, as we made umpteen DVD copies of the Fuse broadcast and he was helping me (as I am hopelessly tech-challenged), he actually commented that the music is very original and innovative, unlike all the clones out there on today's music scene. Progress! If he sees them live, he'll be hooked!

ocean5
12-02-2005, 07:57 PM
I am making progress on my biggest Muse conversion so far: my husband. Somehow he can't get past Matthew's falsetto, even though he listens to some female blues singers that, to me, sound like a roomful of cats being strangled. The other day, as we made umpteen DVD copies of the Fuse broadcast and he was helping me (as I am hopelessly tech-challenged), he actually commented that the music is very original and innovative, unlike all the clones out there on today's music scene. Progress! If he sees them live, he'll be hooked!

Way to go gocanux! It's certainly a better proposition to have them watch a concert than to set up a Muse Support Group for Husbands!!!

Canuxfan44
13-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Where is Muscle Mikez? I'm still sigless!

mom. i fixed your sig... kinda. the pics are smaller but they arent cut off by the thing anymore. i uploaded another copy of each to your photobucket thing for muse and i shrunk em down (i didnt want to mess with the originals on there) and then i logged in as you on here and updated the coding for it so that it would change to the smaller pics. so yeah... you're welcome i guess. haha :cool:

ocean5
13-02-2005, 02:07 PM
mom. i fixed your sig... kinda. the pics are smaller but they arent cut off by the thing anymore. i uploaded another copy of each to your photobucket thing for muse and i shrunk em down (i didnt want to mess with the originals on there) and then i logged in as you on here and updated the coding for it so that it would change to the smaller pics. so yeah... you're welcome i guess. haha :cool:

Got ya again! Your mom will be really happy to have her sig back...not so sure happiness will be the feeling over you still being up at 6 am though!

Canuxfan44
13-02-2005, 02:07 PM
thats nothing, last night i didnt even get back to my room til 7am. hahahahahaha. no really, true story.

ocean5
13-02-2005, 02:11 PM
thats nothing, last night i didnt even get back to my room til 7am. hahahahahaha. no really, true story.

I sense a speech coming on....

Canuxfan44
13-02-2005, 02:13 PM
from me? or from you? hahaha. oh yeah, bed. right. goodnight, for like the 7th time.

ocean5
13-02-2005, 02:16 PM
from me? or from you? hahaha. oh yeah, bed. right. goodnight, for like the 7th time.

From MuseMom of the west!!!! Sweet dreams...

gocanux
13-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm making progress on the husband front. We listened to all of Absolution while waiting to pick up Colin and his buddy Zach in their tuxedos from a school dance (I should post photos; so handsome!). I think Don is slowly growing to love Muse; after all, he's only human! And he likes B&H, which of course we had to turn up full blast because Colin was in the car by then and considers it, not the best Muse song, but THE BEST SONG EVER. They opened the Dec 8 Wiltern show with it and he was totally blown away.

greatbigsquirrel
14-02-2005, 04:54 AM
lol.
i'm having my friend tape the fuse thing.
i'll see if someone can get it on dvd if i find it necissary, unless you guys already have it. lol
i'm slowly winning my ex husband on muse, i keep tellign him he has to see them live.
i told him this tape should be as close as he can get right now, but he generally likes what he's heard so far.

Canuxfan44
14-02-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm making progress on the husband front. We listened to all of Absolution while waiting to pick up Colin and his buddy Zach in their tuxedos from a school dance (I should post photos; so handsome!). I think Don is slowly growing to love Muse; after all, he's only human! And he likes B&H, which of course we had to turn up full blast because Colin was in the car by then and considers it, not the best Muse song, but THE BEST SONG EVER. They opened the Dec 8 Wiltern show with it and he was totally blown away.

DELETED!

ocean5
14-02-2005, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=greatbigsquirrel]lol.
i'll see if someone can get it on dvd if i find it necissary, unless you guys already have it. lol
QUOTE]

If you could get that broadcast on a dvd it would be much appreciated!

gocanux
14-02-2005, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=greatbigsquirrel]lol.
QUOTE]
If you could get that broadcast on a dvd it would be much appreciated!

I have it on DVD, Sue; I was waiting to send it until we can figure out how to copy the BDO DVD for you, as we are experiencing technical difficulties with the software. And Manuella, yours should arrive this week!

isabelyalex
14-02-2005, 07:29 PM
I do hope you are feeling better Mary! I as you know have been under the weather as well.

I got confirmation of a conversion last week when I asked the student that I had given a copy of OOS if she liked it she said,

"Oh yes! They're sooo good I went out and bought their new cd!"

:happy:

Still working on MY mom though, trying to do it via string quartet tribute.
Btw this week I've been talking to several of my students about muse too.

gocanux
14-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Strong work, Isabel!

gocanux
15-02-2005, 04:50 AM
DELETED!

Thanx, Brian----some things are better left to PM's!

Canuxfan44
15-02-2005, 06:08 AM
no prob

ocean5
15-02-2005, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=ocean5]

I have it on DVD, Sue; I was waiting to send it until we can figure out how to copy the BDO DVD for you, as we are experiencing technical difficulties with the software. And Manuella, yours should arrive this week!

Thanks Mary, can't wait to see it! btw got confirmation of the book (bio) finally being mailed from the UK but no word on the calendar.

ocean5
15-02-2005, 07:07 PM

Don had better learn to love Muse or his life will be rather miserable...Chris is learning slowly but surely to like "some" songs.

siblers
15-02-2005, 07:18 PM
i got my sister into Muse, and i got 2 of my closest friends into Muse, my bro likes some of their stuff too..that was all i could manage :unsure:

gocanux
15-02-2005, 07:25 PM
i got my sister into Muse, and i got 2 of my closest friends into Muse, my bro likes some of their stuff too..that was all i could manage :unsure:

Strong work; keep it up-----soon we will take over the world!

Jasper Fridays
15-02-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm always spreading the word about Muse. My mum does aswell. She's lent all my Muse cds and the Hulabaloo DVD to her best mate :( I want them back :'(

gocanux
16-02-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm always spreading the word about Muse. My mum does aswell. She's lent all my Muse cds and the Hulabaloo DVD to her best mate :( I want them back :'(

Advancing the cause of Muse is one thing, losing your CD's/DVD's to your mom's friend is inhumane!

Canuxfan44
16-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Strong work; keep it up-----soon we will take over the world!

oh no, youve got my mom talking about global domination.
oh mom btw, travis says thank you a ton. he loves the earls court cd

kiernana
16-02-2005, 07:45 AM
yeah well at least your car didn't get broken into, your cds all stolen...... on valentines day no less.... thats real love... wait no, thats downright meanness...

hunnytodabee
16-02-2005, 09:19 AM
EVERY single person that I have ever *forced* to listen to Muse has fell in love with them.

My sister LOVES them now. I mean LOVES. I was in COMPLETE shock as the other day my sister (who listens to crap like Usher and Christina Millian)came up to me and said "Hey, when Muse come here, you better get me a ticket to go with you."

For THE first time she actually wants to go to a concert with me when I have literally begged to pay her to go to other concerts with me!

THATS just how Fantastic Muse is.....................

Yes, I am a proud Musevangelist. :cool:

Canuxfan44
16-02-2005, 10:39 AM
yeah well at least your car didn't get broken into, your cds all stolen...... on valentines day no less.... thats real love... wait no, thats downright meanness...

oh god... if someone stole all my CDs id probably go postal and destroy everything in sight. i have like over 550.

gocanux
16-02-2005, 04:25 PM
oh god... if someone stole all my CDs id probably go postal and destroy everything in sight. i have like over 550.

Anyone know of a good 12-step program for CD addiction?

BTW, my condolences, Kiernan; and keep up the excellent work, hunnytodabee!

greatbigsquirrel
16-02-2005, 07:05 PM
my ex-husband/best friend has now become a begginning muse addict.
he now wants to borrow my absolution cd.
he's heard some of the others, but he seems to like absolution the best.
oh well.. partial addiction is better than none!

YAY! I GET MORE MUSEVANGELIST POINTS!

gocanux
16-02-2005, 08:45 PM
my ex-husband/best friend has now become a begginning muse addict.
he now wants to borrow my absolution cd.
he's heard some of the others, but he seems to like absolution the best.
oh well.. partial addiction is better than none!

YAY! I GET MORE MUSEVANGELIST POINTS!

For US listeners who are not really exposed to Muse on the radio or TV, Absolution is probably the most accessible for "beginners"----he will advance to Showbiz and OOS when his musical tastes mature a bit!

ocean5
17-02-2005, 12:45 AM
A musevangelist's work is never done...I have finally received the Muse bio from the UK and once I've read it (should be about done by tomorrow) it'll be yet another way of spreading the word about Muse.

greatbigsquirrel
17-02-2005, 02:30 AM
which one was that again?
i tried to order in the muscle museum (or whatever the fuck it's called) at my local bookstore and i couldn't get it.

so the appropriate book title and maybe the ISBN would be good, maybe i can get it this time.

pwease?

gocanux
17-02-2005, 03:39 AM
i tried to order in the muscle museum (or whatever the fuck it's called) at my local bookstore and i couldn't get it.

so the appropriate book title and maybe the ISBN would be good, maybe i can get it this time.

pwease?

Try Amazon UK----though don't hold your breath. I ordered the book and a Muse calendar which are still "in process"

Canuxfan44
17-02-2005, 09:45 AM
CALENDAR!?!?!?
hey i know someone that has a birthday coming up kinda almost soon, and its not you, or colin, or anyone else but ME. I WANT!

ocean5
17-02-2005, 12:18 PM

pwease?

I ordered the bio by Ben Meyers, Muse - Inside the Muscle Museum way back in Dec from amazon uk - it has taken this long to get here. The calendar which I also ordered at the same time, has been further delayed so I don't know when that is coming.

ocean5
17-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Try Amazon UK----though don't hold your breath. I ordered the book and a Muse calendar which are still "in process"

Yours is probably coming next...if not, mine can be shared!

greatbigsquirrel
17-02-2005, 09:36 PM
i have a muse calendar- my friend had it special made from a local person for christmas.
i put it in my treasure box and haven't actually really looked at it much. lol
except one look through when i got it.

gocanux
17-02-2005, 11:52 PM
i have a muse calendar- my friend had it special made from a local person for christmas.
i put it in my treasure box and haven't actually really looked at it much. lol
except one look through when i got it.

Why isn't it proudly displayed on your wall?

varigo
18-02-2005, 12:19 AM
I like this thread a lot .
I'm always converting ppl to muse fanatics.
I turned this fella in my skul who was so pro HIM and he h8d the shit out of muse (I coudn't believe it )and i kept at him and he admitted he liked T I R O
then he agreed to listen to dead star live on the hullabaloo soundtrack and he loved it and now he can't get enuf of them.I'm very proud of that achievment.All you hav to do is show them muse playing live and they will b fans 4ever bcause muse r THE BEST FUCKING LIVE ACT EVER. :D :D ;)

greatbigsquirrel
18-02-2005, 04:00 AM
it's not on my wal because i don't want to let it get ruined.
simple.

that and i don't use calanders.
i always forget to change them around and the like.

gocanux
18-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey lookee canuxfan44----it's 1:20 AM and Mom is still up! (It was a healthy baby boy! A newborn! What Bliss! oh, somebody stop me....)

ocean5
18-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Such hysteria but at 1:20 am time is running out and it's time for blackout!

gocanux
18-02-2005, 10:51 PM
That's enough!
Had a nap, much better now. Time to go convert some heathen non-Musers to the ways of the righteous.

ocean5
19-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Just as I was getting warmed up...! I have, as I speak, a very noisy house full of teenagers loving the fuse dvd you sent. They all want to see them next time they come around. And the word of Muse keeps spreading!

Muscle Mikez
19-02-2005, 11:24 AM
whahahhah! What do you mean you know Muse? :P

I haven't succeeded yet to convert more people into Muse. That doesn't go too well when you're on a holiday with people who already know Muse

Canuxfan44
19-02-2005, 11:57 AM

i once made a like short story using every muse song title from the three main albums IN ORDER. hahaha. it was crazy

Max
19-02-2005, 12:00 PM
i once made a like short story using every muse song title from the three main albums IN ORDER. hahaha. it was crazy

You think that is weird, I once did my English coursework called 'Ruled By Secrecy' and had loose references to every song on the Absolution album in order! It was hilarious and I got a C for it. All counting towards myh GCSE! :D

Canuxfan44
19-02-2005, 12:05 PM
hahaha im glad im not the only one! :D

Muscle Mikez
19-02-2005, 12:19 PM
whhahahah! Sounds good! In order too then? woah! Must have been quite a work then!

ocean5
19-02-2005, 02:24 PM

What are you and RaymonM doing?!?!? Wouldn't it be hilarious if, perhaps in a very remote way, one of the profs knew Muse and can call your bluff?
Do you still have it? Would love to read it and see what your college brains can come up with...

greatbigsquirrel
19-02-2005, 05:39 PM
yeah, post the whole thing on here... gotta see this. lol

Max
19-02-2005, 05:47 PM
What are you and RaymonM doing?!?!? Wouldn't it be hilarious if, perhaps in a very remote way, one of the profs knew Muse and can call your bluff?
Do you still have it? Would love to read it and see what your college brains can come up with...

I have it still...but not on the computer I am using. Might post it tomorrow. The character names are cheesy and the story is pretty bizzare. But hey, I got a C so it must be good. :D

ocean5
19-02-2005, 06:14 PM
I have it still...but not on the computer I am using. Might post it tomorrow. The character names are cheesy and the story is pretty bizzare. But hey, I got a C so it must be good. :D

Looking forward to reading the masterpiece. In a very unusual way you are a Musevangelist too!

gocanux
19-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Brian, post yours too, and let us know when, since it should probably go in "The Gallery" section. Should I ever post my airplane story?

Canuxfan44
20-02-2005, 03:49 AM
mine wasnt like a thing i turned in, i was just ranting at jordan one night online and i jsut went off into this huge muse story with every song title in order. i dont have it saved or anything.

ocean5
20-02-2005, 12:47 PM
mine wasnt like a thing i turned in, i was just ranting at jordan one night online and i jsut went off into this huge muse story with every song title in order. i dont have it saved or anything.

That is really a shame... would have liked to read how you'd put it together.

Canuxfan44
20-02-2005, 12:52 PM
yeah it really is A CRYING SHAME indeed. hahahaha. good night/good morning btw. :D

ocean5
20-02-2005, 01:04 PM
yeah it really is A CRYING SHAME indeed. hahahaha. good night/good morning btw. :D

OMG you're still up?????????? You are in so deep!

Canuxfan44
20-02-2005, 01:05 PM
its only 5, thats not that late. hahaha. im off to bed for now though. g'night :p

ocean5
20-02-2005, 01:06 PM
its only 5, thats not that late. hahaha. im off to bed for now though. g'night :p

Well at least it's the weekend...party on!

Canuxfan44
20-02-2005, 01:09 PM
hahaha nah there was no partying at all tonight really. well, not by me. hahaha. sitting in a room full of drunk/high people watching chappelle's show is probably the funniest thing ever.

ocean5
20-02-2005, 01:14 PM
hahaha nah there was no partying at all tonight really. well, not by me. hahaha. sitting in a room full of drunk/high people watching chappelle's show is probably the funniest thing ever.

Absolutely...I just got tickets for Alex to go see him in Atlantic City, a little birthday gift.

Muscle Mikez
20-02-2005, 01:26 PM
not even chatlogs or anything? bah :p

gocanux
20-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Maybe Jordan saved it?

ocean5
21-02-2005, 05:15 AM
My mom is taking back with her to Canada copies of Oos and Showbiz for my stepson and his friends, along with hullabaloo that Mary gave me. They have to know there was life before Absolution!

Canuxfan44
21-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Maybe Jordan saved it?

i doubt it, jordan's lazy. lol

gocanux
21-02-2005, 08:34 PM
i doubt it, jordan's lazy. lol

True----he never even came over to pick up his Earl's Court CD's and Fuse DVD! That MuseSon of mine....

Muscle Mikez
21-02-2005, 08:35 PM
did you recieve the vids well? Or at least the one vid and the link? Or can't you look your mail at that pc and only at an other one?

gocanux
21-02-2005, 08:48 PM
did you recieve the vids well? Or at least the one vid and the link? Or can't you look your mail at that pc and only at an other one?

Did you mail me some? If so I haven't received them yet (national holiday today; no mail). Or did you email or PM the fles? Didn't get that either.

greatbigsquirrel
22-02-2005, 05:17 AM
i hate holidays. lol
they get in my way.
can't wait for april. hee hee

i got a new boyfriend- i have to try and musevangelist him. hee hee
but i don't have to worry about getting him to concerts, because even if he does like the band he's anti-social enough so that he wouldn't go to one. afraid of the crowd apparently.

oh well, his loss! :LOL:

ocean5
22-02-2005, 12:32 PM
i got a new boyfriend- i have to try and musevangelist him. hee hee
but i don't have to worry about getting him to concerts, because even if he does like the band he's anti-social enough so that he wouldn't go to one. afraid of the crowd apparently.

oh well, his loss! :LOL:

Have fun and never say never...after a little musevangelizing his crowd-phobia could be reversed!

gocanux
23-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Did you mail me some? If so I haven't received them yet (national holiday today; no mail). Or did you email or PM the fles? Didn't get that either.

Well, there it was in my email, so as any good Musevangelizer would do, I promptly forwarded it to several other Musers!

Canuxfan44
23-02-2005, 09:54 AM
ugh you americans and your american holidays. here at pitzer college, we do not celebrate presidents day. we only get cesar chavez day off, cause we're a bunch of pinko commy scum. argh! i think that was probably really un-PC. hahahahaha. but seriously, isnt that stupid?

ocean5
23-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, there it was in my email, so as any good Musevangelizer would do, I promptly forwarded it to several other Musers!

If you sent it to me I didn't get anything on my email. If you didn't, I'll wait patiently!

gocanux
23-02-2005, 04:29 PM
If you sent it to me I didn't get anything on my email. If you didn't, I'll wait patiently!

I sent it----somewhere out there in cyberspace is a Muse vid of Newborn! I'll try again tonight. (I'm at work)